Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to bed your happy hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we are back with a bunch of questions. We're getting to know each other a little more and we're asking some questions. And yeah, no interview today, no recap, just a fun episode with Serena and I.
Speaker 2: Just a little Q and A with us. Let's do it, okay.
Speaker 3: So we have a list of questions here that we're going through that we did not write, and we are going to ask each other. So kicking it off, what is the worst fashion decision you've ever made?
Speaker 1: Ooh, you're gonna ask me that first. Yeah, uh, it's the worst fashion This fashion decision I ever made definitely something on TV because that's where most people would have seen me. Probably nine night one on the Bachelorte. My hair was definitely way too short. I was like really like a buzz buzz cut.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, your hair was really.
Speaker 1: Sure really short, So that probably that, okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like, honestly, I don't really think about my fashion choices on a day to day and like, so it would definitely be on the show. I actually I had some really cute outfits and some like really bad outfits on the show, and I mean bad in the sense they were just so not my style. But I feel like I didn't really explore what my style even was until I went on the show, and like was looking back on my outfits.
Speaker 2: I wore this one dress.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where it was from I got I think it was like Boohoo or something, and it was like a pink slip dress. It was a midi, it was a cow neck, and it was definitely too big on me, like it swallowed me whole. And I wore it with like all these gold necklaces, and I think I did my hair, but it was paradise, so it got super frizzy because I just hadn't accepted the fact that like I could not do my hair and the humidity there yet. And I remember looking back on a photo and I was like, not only is this not just like not a great outfit, Like it is so not me, Like what was I doing putting this on my body?
Speaker 2: This is not my style at all.
Speaker 3: And then when I went on The Bachelor, I only brought like two pairs of heels. I think I brought a nude pair and a black pair, and I was wearing the black pair of heels with like every single outfit because at the time I just like didn't care.
Speaker 2: And then there were so many outfits. I remember looking back.
Speaker 3: And being like, those shoes like don't go with anything I brought. So I bought a pair of clear heels. Then I got off the Bachelor nice and who were those every single roads Dermonian Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say probably my Paradise Day one outfit and my Paradise engagement outfit. I didn't like either of those either. Probably my engagement was probably worse because my loafers were like dark brown, which were the only loafers I had, and then my jeans were like like navy blue, which I didn't even like. I don't even those jeans. I threw those jeans away after I saw the way they looked. And then I had a black poll a lot yea. So it was like it was like too, like those colors just weren't fighting. If if the shoes were black, it would have been fine. And on TV you couldn't tell as much, but I could tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my Paradise engagement outfit I thought was cute.
Speaker 3: Actually I wore like I wore the clear kills that I bought, and then I wore like a little white dress that I thought was really cute. But I remember looking a photos like my makeup is like fully, I like sweat off all.
Speaker 2: My makeup because it was so hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, no, no major regrets on that one, but I do remember.
Speaker 2: And there's one scene in The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: I won't say which one, but I'm wearing my sweater on completely backwards and you can like see the tag label on it.
Speaker 1: That's a while between Jen and Joey's season. Who would be your top picks for Paradise? So do do two from Joey's season and then do two from Gen season?
Speaker 3: Okay, from Joey's season, I'm trying to think back to like everyone that was there, maybe Laxi. I really liked her, And then I think Maria's an obvious choice as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's just like great on television, and Daisy is in.
Speaker 3: A relationship and I hope that works out for her, so I'm not gonna put her on my list.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think from Gen season, Let's go Jonathan and let's go Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 1: I would say, I agree, I like I like the idea of Laxi in Paradise. Yeah, and then yeah, I feel like Maria's.
Speaker 3: They but honestly like Sydney, I would like to see her there. Yes, I would like to see Medina back. Rachel, Rachel, Yeah, obviously, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Well, who would you say for the I.
Speaker 3: Said Jonathan and Jeremy, which honestly like good luck because I just took the top four guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say Jonathan, and then I'm gonna go the night one guy.
Speaker 2: That oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you ever get detention in school? If yes?
Speaker 1: For what? Yeah? My first Yeah, I mean I got I got so many attention to my freshman year of high school that I got a letter in the mail that said if I have, if I get one more, I'm gonna get expelled.
Speaker 2: What were you getting detention for?
Speaker 1: I was just high school. We were I was we were just I was just an idiot. Like it wasn't even it was just like stupid. It would be like I'd get a detention for having my shirt untalked, and then it'd be like you have a Mobley detention your shirt untucked? And then I would look and be like that's bullshit. Another detention for swearing. I'd be, oh, oh my god, oh, another attention for attitude, and it would be like that's why I would get detentions like dumb things like that, like whatever, all right, and then I would go to detention and then like I would skip at attention, and then I get another attention for not going yeah, things like that. And I also never like showed up at like Italian class because it was like the last period of the day. Yeah, and then I would just I wouldn't go get in trouble for that too. Yeah what about you.
Speaker 3: Oh I never got detention, really no, I didn't get attention. I was a really good kid overall, dev I would So. I was in a dance program in high school and then I danced outside of school at like a studio like thirty hours a week, which was obviously much more intensive.
Speaker 2: Program than my in school dance class.
Speaker 3: And I would miss a lot because it was last period, Like I think I missed like in one year. I think I missed like sixty classes one year because I was always leaving early to go to dance outside of school, jeez.
Speaker 2: And I would get in.
Speaker 3: Arguments with my teachers because they would be mad at me for prioritizing like outside of school dance. But those would be the only teacher that I would really argue with because it was just like no, like I have to leave, but and there really wasn't much they could do because like my parents really yeah.
Speaker 2: Like she's leaving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I never I was never bad to the point where I was like getting in like detention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I could see that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm really like exuding that either. Like I'm sure this answer isn't a surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you invent it an ice cream flavor, what ingredients would it have and what would it be called? Oh? Hard?
Speaker 2: That is hard. I mean there's so many acean flavors.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I could invent one that doesn't exist exist. I know, I love like the like caramel, like butterscotchy flavors, so I would probably do like a.
Speaker 2: Oh I also love.
Speaker 3: Like a round sugar ice cream, so maybe I would do like brown sugar ice cream with a butterscotch swirl in it, and then like dark chocolate chunks.
Speaker 1: I like that, Thank you, I would do I would do like an alpha gatto.
Speaker 2: Like a coffee vanilla would be.
Speaker 1: It would be like espresso with vanilla bean. And then like, yeah, I like the idea of like dark chocolate chunks as well, and then I would probably just call it, Well, I can't call it aff a goattle because that wouldn't really be.
Speaker 2: You could because like it's gonna be a nice.
Speaker 1: Stream, yeah, but that wouldn't really be original, So I would just be like I would call it mm hmm espresso espresso.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that. What's your ideal way to spend your birthday?
Speaker 1: What's my ideal way to spend my birth Yeah, my ideal way to spend my birthday is low key with you and just going to having a nice dinner or I honestly yeah, like just a nice dinner or just like a a like a chill day and a low key dinner. That's my favorite way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm the same. Joe and I aren't big birthday people. When I was in university, I did more for my birthday because we would like throw a Halloween party because I'm on October twenty fifth, and one of my best friends and I share a birthday, so that always made it more fun. I actually loved sharing my birthday with her. I mean we still do with our birthdays haven't changed, but like we lived together and we shared a birthday, so it just made it more fun just having to do my birthday on my own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to, like wake up.
Speaker 3: I want to have a chill day, get coffee, get a nice dinner, watch a show.
Speaker 2: And that's like special enough for me.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I don't like birthday pressure me neither. And I don't like events where I feel like it's my response. Its ability for everyone to have a really good time.
Speaker 1: Like I believe in your responsibility. I don't like when things are just like all like just it's being me.
Speaker 3: I love celebrating other people's birthdays, Like one of my friends is a huge birthday girl. She loves her birthday and I love being a part of that. But I just don't feel that way about my own birthday.
Speaker 1: Would you rather have to delete all social media or never be able to delete any posts?
Speaker 2: Hmmm? Say that one more time.
Speaker 1: Would you rather have to delete all social media? Yeah, or never be able to delete any posts? I think that's pretty so.
Speaker 2: I mean never be able to delete any posts?
Speaker 3: But the only thing is, like there's been times where I've posted brand collaborations and if there's like the air, you have to delete it and repost it. Or like if I like mess up like a photo dump and like Instagram glitches and post a photo twice and I have to delete it.
Speaker 2: So like there's gonna be some duplicates. That's kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's Yeah, but I think that answers unless you want to get rid of social media.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it's definitely I mean, would it be the same for you, Yeah, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 2: It's part of my livelihood is social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, do you guys think you'd ever move to Canada?
Speaker 1: I mean it's a possibility, but we don't know. I mean, this is another part of our problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is part of our goals for next year.
Speaker 3: Also, I think people forget that meeting from Canada and now living in the US. There was like an immigration process for that. Yeah, and you know, green cards, visas, all of those things are like if you've done it, you know, is a huge process. It's definitely easier to flip and have Joe come to Canada and immigrate there than it is to come to the US.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit. It's just stricter and a harder process.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that is something that we have to face when it comes to where we're going to live. That I think people forget about some time. It's not as simple as just like picking a place. There's a lot that goes into it, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: What's your morning routine?
Speaker 2: Ooh?
Speaker 3: I would say I don't have as strict of a morning routine as you do, but usually wake up, roll over, scroll on my phone, which I'm trying to be better about morning scrolling, and then wake up, get up, brush my teeth because I've heard that if you don't brush your teeth right away, you're basically drinking down all the bad bacteria that's been sitting in your mouth overnight. So brush my teeth, potentially, shower, fed and shower the night before, get dressed, make a coffee, do emails on my laptop.
Speaker 1: What about you wake up, look at my phone real quick, go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, have go get a coffee, and then go on my computer. That's our morning routine.
Speaker 3: What is one thing fans get wrong about you, individually or as a couple.
Speaker 1: Mmm? I think people. I think a lot of people expect me to be well, people always think that I'm much shorter than I am.
Speaker 2: Like when they meet you either, like I can't believe you're so tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I feel like when people meet me either, like I can't believe how small you are, like they expect me to be taller.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I think people when they meet me in person sometimes expect me to be a little more timid.
Speaker 2: They expect you to be more timid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think people. I think, like my whole a lot of people like, oh, he's socially awkward. But I don't think I'm as socially awkward as people think.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: But I would also say, like depending on what day, where and when people catch you, like you could be totally kind of like in your head and in your own world, or you can be incredibly.
Speaker 1: Personaal Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: So like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some as they seem to be like, oh my god, you're like way more outgoing, or then sometimes you're like feeling more shy that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: How about you, I would say, I would say a lot of people don't know where like think, oh, like you're I think a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people think we're living in Chicago.
Speaker 3: I feel like recently how a lot of people would be like, oh, I thought you were in Chicago, yeah, or like, don't realize we're in New York yet, which is understandable because you're from Chicago and I feel like we did spend a lot of time there. But yeah, just like where we're living, I feel like gets jumbled around a little bit. I don't think there's anything like personally about me that people.
Speaker 2: Aren't sure about, just the fact that I'm short.
Speaker 1: Do you have any predictions for Grant season? Examples how he might be as a lead, what personality type he would mesh well with, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I think that I actually I don't know. That's a good question. What do you think? Do you have any predictions for Grant season?
Speaker 3: I think Grant was in one long serious relationship, so I'm curious to know if he like gravitates towards someone I don't know if we'll ever find this out, gravitates towards someone who's similar to the person that he dated, because I do feel like people when they're the lead tend to consciously or subconsciously lean into what their type is because you're going for what's familiar in a very unfamiliar environment.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think my prediction is I think Grant seems to be very easy going, and I think that like a lot of I think there are a lot of the big personalities can really take control of that season, Yeah, and really like be a little disruptive because I think, yeah, I think Grant's just more chill and easy going, and yeah, you think.
Speaker 3: The girls are going to come on the season, and like sometimes that results in a lot more drama than like when the lead is specifically like the bachelor is like very involved in varying control of the situation. Yeah, like you think, Yeah, I feel like I'm not saying like he doesn't wear the pants in the relationship, but I think you're right, he's more easy going and he might lean into someone who's like more type A and a bigger personality, Yeah, and that might create an interesting dynamic.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that prediction, Joe, Thank you, Joe. How do you keep yourself motivated during long runs? Is there a particular thing that you listen to or you do.
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, well, I try not to. I try to escape and not think about the fact that I'm running for a long time, and I try to like work out my whatever problems I have going on in the real world in my work them out in my head when I'm running and kind of get lost in that and not focus on actual actual running.
Speaker 2: Do you listen to like music or podcast or anything.
Speaker 1: I listen to music, and I also try to get lost in music. But when like for a marathon, I won't listen to music the whole time because it's just that it just becomes so much music.
Speaker 2: What type of music do you listen to when you run? Do you have like a run random?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know me. Okay, let's see what meal is your favorite? Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Speaker 2: Dinner.
Speaker 3: Dinner's the most exciting meal of the day. There's so many possibilities with dinner, and I feel like lunch. I like to eat a lighter lunch. Sometimes I eat two lunches, like if I eat early and then a second one later. But I can't sit down and have like a massive lunch in the middle of the day and then breakfast on an average day.
Speaker 2: I'm just like a toasting coffee kind of gal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, dinner to dinner's the most exciting. It's what the one you look forward to, and it's the one you're we're most likely to go out for dinner.
Speaker 2: It's like, dinner can be a social activity.
Speaker 3: It can they date night, it can be casual, me at home can be out like possibility.
Speaker 1: Dinner is the meal that rules all meals.
Speaker 2: Meal of choice.
Speaker 3: Yes, how do you guys balance living together and working together?
Speaker 1: I just think, you know what, because we don't have Because we don't have like a schedule, you know, five day a week, forty hour a week job or or sometimes even more, it just makes it like I just we don't It's not we don't work that much together, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Like we podcast, but it's one or two days a week for only a certain amount of time. Where if you and I had to sit here and ask each other questions about each other every day for eight hours a day, we'd probably lose our mind.
Speaker 3: Or if we owned like a business together, yeah, and we were working like directly with each other, all I think we can.
Speaker 2: Still do it.
Speaker 1: But I think that question, I think, like, yeah, like it's hard to answer that question because like we don't Yeah, like work isn't so intertwined in our daily lives.
Speaker 2: I also think that we don't know any different.
Speaker 3: Like it's funny hearing people that are retiring where it's like, oh, I stayed at home and was like, you know, a stay at home mom or a stay at home parent, and now my spouse is retiring and they're here all the time, and that's a huge adjustment to have them around. Whereas I think for you, like and I if you went to a nine to five and you were in office five days a week, I like, that would be an adjustment for me, Like I'm so used to having you around all the time.
Speaker 2: And I like it. Yeah, And I just don't know.
Speaker 3: Any different that it would be weird for me if you were gone nine to five, five days a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be definitely be different, Like.
Speaker 3: It would be an adjustment. I would be like, this is weird, Like where are you home?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I agree. What's your favorite movie you've seen this year? Hmmm, it's hard. It's hard to think of movies.
Speaker 3: Their movie that we've seen that we were like, oh my god, that was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I enjoyed. Uh, I enjoyed Deadpool, the Deadpool Rover. Yeah, at that Pool and Wolverine. That was good. Was I liked that we went to the movies this year, so that's why it stands out more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, we went to the movies as much this year as we usually do.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if we watched that movie. I don't know if I've seen any movies like this year that we watched at home. We watch more TV shows.
Speaker 2: We've been watching a lot of TV.
Speaker 1: We watch a lot of TV shows, but we don't watch that many movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm trying to see.
Speaker 3: I just feel like there haven't been a lot of movies out that have like called to me recently. I'm going to like twenty twenty five Oscar Predictions because I'm like, maybe there's something that we've seen. Oh you know, we saw that we really liked and released. This came out this year, but I think it did.
Speaker 1: Was Doom Too, Oh don Too? Yeah? I like Doon too? Probably be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah that's a good one. Doing Too. I really like Doing Too thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to see done one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I really liked doing too as well. Yeah, we didn't see I feel like we saw a lot more movies last year than we did this year. Yeah, so we will see, we will see.
Speaker 1: I usually I'm like, what's your favorite TV show we watched together this year? Do you have one? Because we watched a lot of TV shows.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: And maybe it's just because it's top of mind because it was more recent. But I really liked Nobody Wants This.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like.
Speaker 3: I just like like a twenty minute it was light, it was fun, it was good acting, good writing.
Speaker 2: Like, I just enjoyed it overall. Yeah, it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think if there's anything else that we watched that we were like sucked into that we really liked.
Speaker 2: I mean, like love Best British Bakeoff.
Speaker 1: Always that's fun. That's probably that for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a few things you've dropped off of, and you know, we got back into Only Murders in the Building and I liked.
Speaker 2: I liked that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your turn.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's the worst job you've ever had?
Speaker 1: Worst job I ever had? I feel a lot of bad ones, but I would probably say powerwashing, like trucks, So I had to like powerwash, like the City of Chicago's like garbage trucks. One time that sucked. That was a horrible job. Horrible. I hated that job.
Speaker 3: I feel like I haven't had a lot of like really bad jobs. But one summer I worked at a real estate company doing data entry. And it wasn't that the job was like terrible. I actually liked the people I worked with. I still keep in touch with some of them because there was a few other interns and that.
Speaker 2: Was very fun.
Speaker 3: But it was just the first time I'd ever done a corporate job where I was sitting at a desk and doing entry into a computer and doing like cold calling and stuff, and it was just like, this is clearly not for me, Like I'm not meant for the pig pen life. I'm not meant to like sit at a desk for eight hours a day doing data entry. But I also one summer worked at a on my campus. I was a counselor at a sports camp for kids, and that wasn't the worship I've ever had, But we like circled every week to a different group of kids, so you were exposed to so many different kids, just different personalities across the board, and I remember by the end of the summer being like, I seriously need to like really think on if I want to have kids or not, because this is a way bigger commitment than I thought it was at the beginning of the summer because they're just I've just had never spent that much, like you were with kids all day, every day and like their best and worst moments. As much as I love working with kids and I've done it in multiple different jobs, it was the first time that I was realizing. I mean I was in like, you know, my late teens, early twenties, I was like, kids are a lot of work, Like they really there. It's a twenty four seven job to be a parent. So kudos to all the parents out there, because you guys are doing the most.
Speaker 1: All right, what is your favorite dessert?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? I like anything that's like warm with baked apples and like caramel and crumble, like some sort of like very crumble apple crumbles situation, which is hard to find without nuts, but when you do, they're really good. And then I love like a really big piece of chocolate cake or any sort of cake. And I love the coconut cake from the Polar bar, and it's a coconut cake.
Speaker 1: I would probably say, like, like a really good chocolate cake with like vanilla, a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what we ordered last night.
Speaker 1: Okay. On a scale of one to ten, how well do you seize the day?
Speaker 2: Ten?
Speaker 1: You think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know what, not every day is going to be.
Speaker 1: Average on average? Up, Yeah, you're a ten. You do you think you sees the day at a level ten?
Speaker 3: Well, because my definition of sees the day is different than yours. Like if I wake up and I'm like I got fifty percent in me today, I'm good to just like work to that fifty percent and then like call a day, and that was like my maximum sees. But for you, I feel like you push yourself to like a twelve every single day.
Speaker 2: So you're definitely seizing harder than I am.
Speaker 1: But I might be I was judging you. I don't think I sees the d I don't think I'm at a ten. I think like I think like a ten is like like your Yeah, those are like your your your tech billionaires who are like.
Speaker 3: Like they're waking up at like four am, going to bed at one am.
Speaker 2: Like working out doing all the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, but like I'm never going to live that life, Like why would I just like settle in sam a six? Like I may as well just tell myself I'm a ten. Oh yeah, I'm living my best life.
Speaker 1: You ever? I like that. I like that. I would say I would say I'm like an eight let's say eight point five.
Speaker 2: Always room for improvement, yeah, always.
Speaker 1: Room for improvement. All right? One more, one more question? Okay, what would your real Housewives tagline be?
Speaker 3: That's a crazy question for you to ask. You never watch an episode of host.
Speaker 1: Give me an example of a real housewife tagline?
Speaker 2: So at the beginning of the episodes.
Speaker 3: I've only watched like two seasons of Housewives, so I'm not really versed. So an example of a Housewives tagline would be like they say I'm desperate for attention, and they'd be right. It's like a one sentence little catchphrase about them that speaks to their personality.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, go what would just be?
Speaker 3: I feel like mine would be like, I don't know, like something about me being small, Like I'm may be small, but I pack a punch.
Speaker 2: We need to work shop it. We need to work shop it.
Speaker 1: Mine would be uh yeah, I would be like like the they they think I'm fancy, but they but I can't hear them from my penthouse. What life, you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, okay everyone, Thank you so much for tuning in too. That your happy hour. We love being here. Make sure you download and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. We have more episodes come your way. Bye m