Speaker 1: Wait a meeting.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to poop into toilet facing out, but I thought you should on the toilet this way, so you had that nice little show for your comic book and your chocolate nuke. Because then you got the flesh reggio. No oh gee, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Good morning Shirl and welcome to the No Dunks Podcast all the Athletic Network. It's Friday, June fourth. This is the Drop podcast on J E. Skeets And alongside me a guy who has so much blood he does know what to do with it. Tas Melice, Let's up to you.
Speaker 4: What's up? Everybody got my top shot?
Speaker 3: Hot boy and fell a freak. Trey Kirby, Hey, he the international man of mystery taking it to the Maxley Ellis friend and last, certainly not least making the magic happen. It's JD.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 3: There he is here. We are shout out to the stream team, joining us live on YouTube smash that like button. Leave your comments and subscribe. I don't know. Last I checked, we were less than six hundred subscribers away from forty k Can we do it this weekend? Save for the last month, Let's cross our fingers and get six hundred more people to subscribe. Send in your questions and comments for the next beach step in podcasts. You can always email them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot com, where you can tweet them in at No Dunksinc. I NC. Finally, go grab your sweet No dunks merch over at no dunks dot com. T shirts and hoodies and shorts and coffee mugs. We've got it all, Okay, Action pack drop podcast here on a Friday. Bunch of series to look ahead to here in the second round, got three of them, in fact a bit of a surprise with two of them ending last night. Let's do a quick recap of those Western Conference games last night, and then we'll get into these Suns Nuggets and then we'll move to the Eastern Conference series and predict those. But yeah, Devin Booker erupting for forty seven points as the Suns eliminate the Lakers in Game six, A bit of a shocker task. It was sort of well, I get over in a hurry. I mean, Phoenix came out and punched the Lakers in the mouth, and the Anthony Davis injury came into play very early, and it was it.
Speaker 4: Was over the Phoenix Suns all grown. They came into Los Angeles and showed they weren't afraid. Their defense was looking great, and then Anthony Davis goes out five minutes in with that growing injury, and that incredible Suns defense just did not let up, and Lebron was not enough to overcome everything that the Sons are right now, including you know, Jay Crowder who has hit his Miami heat type streak from last year, hitting six threes, and Devin Booker feeling oh so fricking confident now. It took him a few games in this series, but dropping forty seven doing the Tray Young like shoulder shrug at the end of the game. I'm pretty sure he was watching Trey Young end a series in Madison Square Garden the night before. Then he goes into LA and does it, and they didn't need Chris Paul to be at full strength. Can you freaking believe that? I think they do need Chris Paul. We'll talk about that later on when we preview Sons and Nuggets, But all that to say, man, this freaking team absolutely knows their roles. Devin Booker had to be a superstar in this series, and he ended up being the best player in this series. In the series with freaking Lebron James and Anthony Davis, who obviously was not himself and everyone questioning should he have been out there? But it's all about the suns for me. We talk enough. I think about Lebron and his legacy. And then you saw Lebron hand over his jersey after the game. Postgame locker room signs his jersey for Devin Booker, who, yeah, is just feeling oh so freaking good in his first playoff run. Man doesn't seem like it's his first playoff run the way he's feeling it. Forty seven. I know, we just say numbers all the time, but forty seven, that's that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty two in the first quarter alone, hit eight three pointers. He was cooking the Lakers in the mid range game. They just came out and just attacked Trey like right from the drub. I like how they attacked Anthony Davis. Even they're like, oh, oh, he's gonna play hmmm, all right, well let's see if he can actually move laterally, And the answer was he couldn't and he had zero explosiveness and that's why he was off after five or six minutes after he sort of reaggravated the groin or whatever it was. But that was smart by Monnie Williams and Booker and CP three, like, let's go at him and Jay Crowder is going to be open here because ad probably can't get out there to get him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what did you call it yesterdayly a clinical elimination something along those lines. That's exactly what it was for the Suns. They saw Anthony Davis come out and say, let's see how that leg's working, buddy. It was not working, and the Suns took care of business. I don't know what the final score ended up being in the first quarter, but when I first looked at the box score, it was twenty two and eighteen Devin Booker. And that's kind of you just knew what the writing was on the wall for the Lakers last night. Shout out to the Suns not letting them off the hook at all. If you come into a game and you see Anthony Davis, who was dominant in games two and three, you see he's not gonna be able to play in game five. You see he's gonna be limited in Game six. Could have been easy for a young team that doesn't have a lot of playoff experience to say, oh, we got this, this is gonna be easy. That was not the case at all for Phoenix. They came out smacked the Lakers right in the face. It was over after a quarter. Ended up being what I guess, twenty two to fourteen for the Lakers or for Devin Booker, whatever it was in the first quarter, but incredible stuff. The Lakers just weren't close. They didn't get contributions from any of their role players. They just seem to know that they were drawn dead once Anthony Davis wasn't going to be at full strength and Lebron wasn't enough to lift the Lakers over the Suns. Impressive win for Phoenix, great series for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the first time a team led by lebron Ley has been eliminated in the first round. It's Devin Booker the King Slayer here, which I'm excited about. I do love that. I love a Booker man, But yeah, what'd you think about Lebron overall in this game? Like, it wasn't Lebron We've obviously seen in the past, that killer, you know, look in his eyes, attack, attack, attack, What happened. Did he just like sort of know he was eltmanned? Did he just like is he exhausted? Do we give him the excuse of the ankle? What did you think of his game at least in this one.
Speaker 6: Well a little bit of all of that, I mean, but the Sons did come out from this start of this game and took control, so Lebron was playing catch up. And when Anthony Davis was out, as we've seen at other times in this series, that offense, if it's not coming from Lebron, really you're wondering who who's going to generate it? And Lebron has to do so much for that team. He ended up playing forty one minutes last night, and you know it wasn't closed, but it got to ten with about eight minutes to go there, and it just like it was in Game four there on Sunday in Los Angeles, it was like, what happens now? Because this team is inexperienced apart from of course Chris Paul out there. But that didn't the Sons didn't give it up. And I think crucially here as well, for Monty Williams, Devin Booker played forty six minutes. He didn't at any point sort of look ahead to the next series and say, I want to get my guy out in case he gets injured or rest him. It's like, no, you've got to kill the Lakers now while you get the chance. And I think that's what's the most impressive thing for me about this. In the Phoenix Suns, they were down to one in this series, you know, and it looked like perhaps they were going to get overrun because of the injury to Chris Paul and because the Lakers had seemed to found their groove. But that didn't happen. Of course, the injury to Anthony Davis has an impact on that, but that's not to take anything away from Phoenix. They won this game last night. This wasn't like the Lakers had no power at all. I mean, they've still got Lebron James, and anytime Lebron's on the court, his team is usually the favorite. But that's what really was for me. Jay Crowder started hitting threes again. He goes through these phases, you know, he can hit threes and then he can go cold for a few games. But he didn't do that, and so that's what I think the Sun's takeout of this is this wasn't in any way a hollow victory because of the Anthony Davis injury. It wasn't in any way something that you can say, Wow, they got lucky. At any time they won this series. They were in a battle in this series, they trailed in this series, they lost home court, and they four back. And it really was their young star, their franchise star, who stood up the most here in Game six, and again I think he was six to six in that first quarter, could not miss that step back over Anthony Davis early was just gorgeous. And then once those three started following, they built that lead and didn't really surrender it. I mean, you knew the Lakers were going to make a push, as I mentioned, but the Suns still had enough in their game to make sure they closed this out and didn't give Lebron even just a sniff, even just a chance to maybe extend it to overtime or to win this game. So super impressed on all counts here from the Phoenix Suns, and they go into the next series and should feel very very confident with themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just love how defensively they did play Lebron because I think they just look at the rest of the Lakers roster, especially with a hobbled a d Or when he wasn't even out there, and they go, well, who's going to beat us? There's not a great a bunch of shooters on this team, like a Lebron team usually at the least in the playoff series. If you go back and look at all his squads, he usually has one like knockout three point shoot or at least one, sometimes two where it's like, well, we can't load up too much on Lebron because he's just gonna pick us apart to this one particular guy who's you know, gonna shoot fifty or sixty percent from three task. We know this as Raptors fans. We saw the Raptors load up on Lebron in playoff series many times. And who was it? It was like JR. Smith just torching them with wide open three after wide open three. You know, Mike Miller comes to mind, of course, like I said, Jr. Even bubble KCP last year was that guy that was sort of like their best sort of three point shooter. But in this series, shrewder eight for twenty six from three Wesley Matthews, your boy seven for twenty five, Kuzma four for twenty three, an injured KCP only four of nineteen, and Carus of five to seventeen. So like, it was just a great game plan I think from the Suns, and they had the defensive guys in Crowder and Bridges and just like everybody could lock in zero in a little bit wall off to some extent Lebron, Oh yeah, Scott the ankle sprain is obviously old and has a lot of mileage on his legs, and that's the way to play it. Try and make these other guys beat him. They couldn' like their best shooter was Marc Gasol to us and you know we know he's not gonna let any three corners go. Yeah, exactly. So well, great game plan and you know, to some extent, once eighty's out of the equation here, they just don't have the roster. I think that we've seen work time and time again with a Lebron team, which is to have been as many shooters as possible around them.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, Yeah, those guys didn't come through in last year's roster that was a championship winning roster. Was it all that different? No?
Speaker 3: But majors hit shots, Yeah, exactly, Rondo was hitting shots, KCP was hitting shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure, KCPA was a big difference. And yeah, they tried here in desperation, the center moved going from Andre Drummond to Marcus Sool here to try and open up the floor. That was definitely the game plan. But if yeah, if you look at them, you if you look at a defense against Lebron, you usually see it shrink, expand, shrink, expand and go out to those three point shooters. It was just shrunk in this series. It was just they were just able to build a wall and Lebron was not barreling through it. For most of the series. We saw it happen, you know, from Game two to Game three, I felt like Lebron was coming on, but then it went back to Lebron not really driving the same way. And yeah, the Lakers were not able to open up that defense to make them expand. I know, we you know, it's it's kind of pointless putting a blame on one guy because this is a team experience here. But Dennis Shruder was signed to be the third best offensive player. That's what he was supposed to be, and he was supposed to take pressure off last year. They went from you know, being a really great defensive unit and again they're somehow able to carry that on. But they decided, you know, maybe we need a little bit of offense. So they go out and get Dennis Schruter, who has wanted to be a number one offensive player in the NBA. He's had that issue in Atlanta. He looked really good in Okay sees playoff run last year, and even though the numbers actually are fairly similar to last year when he was with Chris Paul and he didn't have the gravity of a Lebron James or Anthony Davis, at times didn't perform here. He didn't, you know, the fourteen points per game was not enough. And I'm I'm kind of you know, I'm fifty to fifty as to whether or not he comes back. This was not a good run. He said all the right things. Afterwards, he says, if we bring back, our guys were going to go on a championship run next year. He took the description of his profile away, He took off took off PG of the Los Angeles Lakers away from his profile. If anything is to be made to that crap, but it is surprising. It is shocking all the guys saying the right things, and Anthony Davis as well. He said after this game, I got to be on the floor, and obviously it's clear it's on me. I wasn't on the floor. I don't agree that the best ability is availability, but for Anthony Davis sometimes it is. And Trey said it before the series. He's not on the floor at all times. I expected him to be on the floor, and obviously that was a part of it. So there's there's blame to go around with the Lakers, but obviously emotionally they were just kind of done after Ad went down to get spanked like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And we can do a deep dive on what the Lakers should do in the offseason, who should come back, who they should target, what they can even do with their team currently constructed as it is. We got lots of time to do that. But let's keep it going because let's go to the other game from last night. It was a lot of fun Jokich with the MVP performance. He helps down the Blazers in six games. We thought it was going seven. The Joker said no, especially in the third quarter tray.
Speaker 5: And yeah, y'all thought it was going seven. I've seen Jokic be the best player in the league for the whole season. I was not too worried in this one. But things were looking good for Portland for a while. They were up fourteen points in the third quarter. Jokic did not have a great first half, only scored nine points on seven shots through the first twenty four minutes, and most importantly at halftime use if Nurkic had zero personal files. Then over the course of five minutes in the third quarter, Nurkic picked up a quick four pack of fouls, three of them drawn by Jokic. The next one was a charge. Uh oh. Suddenly twenty points in the third quarter for Nikola Jokic. Monte Morris hit a buzzer beater to end the third quarter. It was a three point lead for Portland at that point heading into the fourth quarter, but Denver had all the momentum. Their bench kept chipping into the lead. By the time Jokic finally comes back in the fourth quarter, it's a one point game, but you could tell that Portland just did not have it at that point. Jokic immediately hits a three to put Denver up. They never trailed again. Good night, Blazers. Incredible game though for Jokic thirty six points, eight rebounds, six assists. He had at least thirty four in every game of this series, except for Game four, when Michael Malone called the entire team out for playing soft. But I think the second star for the Nuggets last night has to be Monte Morris twenty two points, nine assists. In the fourth quarter. He had nine points, three assists. He hit that huge buzzer beater at the end of the third quarter. Big for Morale. A huge win for the Nuggets to pull this off, but a bummer ending to the season for Portland. Fully healthy at home, they lost to a team missing two starters. Really felt like the last time we're going to see this Blazers team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does feel like that.
Speaker 4: Lee.
Speaker 3: It was a bad loss and bad loss, and of course should have should have got some help for Lillard there in Game five, and you know you win that in this completely different series, man. Yeah, Morris and Jokic picking rolling their ass to death there in the fourth It was the same play over and over again. And the Blazers, you know, they just have no defense as they've shown sort of time and time again. But yeah, was shocking. Looked like the Blazers were like, yeah, we're going to Game seven. You know, it's always playing Game seven series, and it looked like it was going to go back to Denver. And then you said it there Trey breaking it down there with those with the fouls, and then you'll get just taking over too and Lillard having nothing left in the tank in the fourth quarter. But yeah, Lee, what do you think again? I don't think. I don't want to go like super long on what ye where the Blazers go from here? Do they do? We once again bring up the McCollum trade. You know, is Terry Stotts out. I know it's gonna happen here, You're gonna hear it on another podcast. But what did you think about the game specifically here?
Speaker 6: Well, Devin Booker, of course, was the star last night, but let's not forget Michael Porter had twenty two points in that first quarter. He was hitting everything. I think you finished with twenty six of the game. But that's okay because then you start took over in the fourth quarter there, Nikoli Yokich. But when it was that fourteen point game in the third quarter. This had Game seven written all over it, as like, there's no way Lillard's going out like this. But even you saw him in that fourth quarter when the lead Lake got to sort of six points and then eight points, Lillard was trying a few of those bombs that we know he's hit. He hit him for so long in his career, but even he just seemed the legs just seemed a little bit heavy and they weren't dropping, and that's when you sort of knew it was over for good. So incredible resilience here shown by the Nuggets of this series, because they did lose Game one and again without Jamal Murray. I specifically thought that was going to catch up with him in the series because of their backcourt. But yeah, Monte Morris, I mean in that fourth quarter was fantastic driving inside when it was there or just feeding into Yokic, and we know Yokic can either finish or find a shooter on the perimeter there. So yeah, this has been a great run here from Denver and for Portland. Yeah, I think this team is going to look drastically different next season. Apart from Damian Lil I'd be surprised if you see too many of those same faces back. I think they have to do some make some changes here because it's a good team. It's a good regular season team, but it doesn't really go all that far into the playoffs. I know they made the conference finals a couple of years ago against the Warriors before they got swept. But at this point, I think there's some changes needed because they were outplayed and Denver were fantastic and Yo Kitch, I mean, he's just so incredibly fun to watch because he doesn't get rattled. He's got so much variety to his game. He complains a lot like Don Chic every time there's a fowl. He's got that to the referee. But they're a fun team, and I'm happy for Michael Malone. I really am happy for the Nuggets to advance here, and they haven't got a lot of time to prepare for their next round. They're going to be in for a tough one immediately against the Suns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll start bringing that down in a second. But tass any tekawez from their scheme, they jump out of you.
Speaker 4: Well, just narrative wise, I'm happy that Jokic, the MVP is moving on to the second round, so everybody can shut up and about questioning him. In general, he's just an incredible player, and he's not the player that used to fade away at times in the first quarter or second quarter or third quarter. Yeah, he had one subpar game, but every great player does. He was fricking phenomenal throughout the entire series. And then on the other side, I think it's time for the Blazers to go to a real defensive type center that's agile enough not to be pick and roll to death. I don't think it's the CJ. McCollum move. I think it's just it's time to move on from use of Nurkic and to get a real a defensive guy that can cover everywhere. And not to put this on your Nurkic, but when it's when you've got Lillard and McCallum in the backcourt, that's that's going to be the game plan is to try and beat them up, trying to get by them, and they need better defense around him. They tried it this year with Robert Covington and Derek Jones Junior, who obviously wasn't really a part of the rotation there, but then you know, Nurkic is the backbone. You can't just pick and roll of the team if they have got a really agile big. So it's time I think for them to move on from there. And his quote after the game wasn't all that Rosie vote his future in Portland. He was asked if he wanted to be in the right situation. He said, yeah, in the right situation. Yes, what's the right situation, We'll see. I don't know yet, because this is not it. Maybe he wants the ball more. I don't know, but I don't know. Maybe he thinks he can be nikoliokichefter being his teammate for a long time in Denver. But it's they got to move on. They just it's not his fault, but they've got it. If you've got an all offensive backcourt, you need an off defensive front court.
Speaker 5: For me, I think the all offensive backcourt is personally the problem. I think they stayed attached to c J. McCollum for way too long. The Blazers are not a great team. Damian Lillard is incredible and he's carried this team farther than a lot of players could. But I mean c J. McCollum didn't outplay Michael Porter Junior, and we thought that was going to be the case coming into this series. We said, maybe Michael Porter Junior has got to score twenty five twenty six a game to be able to equal what CJ McCollum did. CJ, you know he was going giving you as twenty points a game. That's about it. Not a lot of impact in this series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I mean it was it turned into like this duel of course between MVP Yokich and then this unbelievable Damian Lillard like for most part throughout the series, but you know, you saw time and time again it felt like, Ley, you do need help. You need guys to hit some like timely shots at the very least. And you know, Michael Porter Junior catching on fire in the first quarter was huge, But like Austin rivers another like sort of like classic Dagger Rivers three late in this game, Aaron Gordon had one in the corner. Jamichael Green was like grabbing huge offensive rebounds and making big plays and it was just like, you just look at that. A little help for Yokich, it's all you need. You just need some timely help, and a lot of times I felt like in this series, be it McCollum, be it Norman Powell, they just came up when they had open looks to like, hey man, we need to stop the bleeding here, or we need a big shot or score here, and lil It really couldn't get that help more times than not, I thought personally. But yeah, it's gonna be. I expect it to be. I don't know how it couldn't be a Raptors like sort of, you know, a huge switch up here when they had de Rozan and Lowry and you just keep sort of coming up short in playoffs here. He's like, you got to do something, be it the coach or or probably probably moving one of them, but we'll see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dame had a cryptic sort of Instagram message there last night as well. But look, if you're the Blazers, I think you say, listen, we're not trading Lilard unless he comes and says, I've been here for now what ten seasons, eleven seasons, I've given everything. I'd like to go somewhere else, and I think the Blazers should grant him that wish if that's what he does but I don't think he's that type of guy. I think he'd rather just sort of stay there for now, and he doesn't want to be known as one of those guys who's asked to be traded. I think starts with probably Terry Stotts. I think he's probably not coming back.
Speaker 3: He's but some people say Lillard's loyalty to the Blazers organization and to start specifically, has kept Terry Starts there for these years, and every year Lillard says, no, he's the guy. He's fine. I love him as a coach. I mean this could could be an issue where ownership and the GM has I know you love a man, I know you're like super loyal here, but we're going to try something else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's that, you know, That's what you have to do if you're Neil Ushe and you have to say, okay, well I can't sort of keep going down this path myself if we were not winning, we have to make a change. So and little it has power. I think within that franchise, we like that because he's been there for so long, he's so loyal, and he's so beloved as well in Portland. So you're trying to not upset him, but you also have to have a hard conversation, say, we can't just keep making the first round and going out in the first round like that. I think so, I think I think Stott's probably starts there, and then I think CJ is what they see they can get for him, and obviously Nurkisch as well, because you know, the funny thing talk about those threes last night, yeat, Austin Rivers hit a massive one, Aaron Gordon hit a massive one, and who had the chance for the Blazers down the other end, Norm Power and he absolutely clunked.
Speaker 3: I care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So yeah, that was the difference. Those sort of those margins that can really just alter a game and ultimately a series. But you know, it's been good to watch the Blazers. They have sort of punched above their weight for while now, but they've reached the point where it's like you can sort of see what the ceiling is for this group and they need to make some changes.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get to the Sun's Nugget series. I'm very excited for. This series is a two to three matchup. A little chalk there with those seeds going through. Let's start breaking it down, we'll make our predictions. What we like to do with these is, you know, give you the keys to the series. Just everybody knows. They had one of the most tightly contested season series of the year. Between them, their three games were decided by an average margin of five points. One game went to overtime, the other game went to double overtime, both on consecutive days, if you remember there in Phoenix. Denver ultimately got the best of them in those extra frames, so they took the season series two to one. Booker didn't play in one of the games, but Game one Nuggets Suns Monday night at on TNT, the late game. So Lee, why don't you go to start? What's your key to the series here between the Suns and the Nuggets.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm going to start with the Nuggets backcourt because it did pretty well against the Blazes. We thought I was sitting the U and I skates the ya going to be a weakness. Lillard was huge, McCollum's numbers were good, but he just didn't have the impact. But now for the Nuggets starting backcourt of Austin Rivers and Compazzo, it's going to be up against Chris Paul and Devin Booker. Now Monte Morris, as we talked about, he was probably the nuggets third best player in the series, and I wonder if Michael Malone considers starting him because I think he's the best scorer of those three out of Compasso and Austin Rivers. But either way, all three of them need to be really good. You know, can Austin Wevers win them the playoffs? For Austin Rivers, you will be will because listen, if you can do one quarter like that, that could be huge for the Nuggets. Because I do also think fatigue could play a factor here, mainly for the Nuggets, because if you look at the four teams who made the conference finals in the Bubbles, only the Nuggets remain. The Heat Lakers and Celtics won three games in the playoffs this season, and if you look at the knock on effect of that, pat Riley has said everyone in Miami, we're taking a month off. We have just exhausted. Brad Stevens no longer the coach in Boston, Danny Angers moved on, and Lebron while he did play in the series against the Suns, he suffered the longest layoff of his career just before the playoff, and Anthony Davis of course was injured there too, so I think there's some sort of a link there. And the Nuggets also already without their second best player in Jamal Murray, coming off a tough six game series against the Blazers, and they immediately go onto the road to play Phoenix, and apart from obviously Chris Paul and Ja Crowd, no one really has that playoff experience. So I think that could play a factor here because you know that the Suns are going to be feeling great, and I know that having home court advantage is going to be huge, I think in this series, and I think that could be a key here. So that backcourt for Denver has to be huge from the start. They can't they can't afford to get off to a slow start, and they've got to try to make Devin book when Chris Paul work on that defensive end. And again I think maybe Monte Morris is a little bit better at just making Devon or Chris Paul work, whichever one it is, because if they can just get into their offensive flow, it makes it a lot harder, I think for the Nuggets to keep up. So it's going to be a fascinating series. I think the Nuggets, obviously with Jokich there have the ultimately the best player currently in the series. But I just wonder if that backcourt will they survived against the Blazers, but I didn't think outside of little of the Blazers were all that good. Will they be able to sort of keep up again with these guys in Chris Paul and Jay Crowd and then when guys coming off the bench like you know, whoever it is there for the Phoenix Huns just again keeping up the pace. So that I think is the biggest question for the Nuggets. Again, when you start on the road, you've got to get off to a good start, and that's going to be the toughest part I think for the for the Nuggets coming off this tough series.
Speaker 3: Cass, what do you think key to the series?
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a pretty big jolt going from the Blazers defense to the Sun Ye. Yes, yeah, that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, no defense to add defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So Yokich is gonna score no matter what he does. It doesn't matter if you' you've got the best defense against him the second best defense, I think again, it's it's going to be interesting to see what Michael Porter Junior can do because he was really good in the opening series. Nineteen points per game, fifty four from the floor, forty one from three to ninety one from the free throw line. We saw the Sons were good enough to beat a team with one star. You know, whether it's a little half of Lebron half in Anthony Davis, but this is this is different. You got the one star in Jokic, you definitely need one to step up in Michael Port Junior. Now, it's going to be different for him because of Michel Bridges coming at him as a defensive guy. He's four inches shorter Michel Bridges is, but he's got a longer wingspan, and I think that's going to really help Michael Port Jr. Against Michael Porter Jr. It's weird. He's sixty six against Michael Port Junior six to ten, but his seven to one wingspan against Michael Porter Junior seven foot winspan, that's going to be interesting to see him running around screens as Porter was able to do on Robert Covington or whoever was guarding him on the perimeter and score like a madman in quarter one there of Game six. This is going to be fun to watch. So the Sons were able to keep the Lakers out of the paint because they didn't have to go to the three point line. But if Porter gets going, he can open things up for Jokic a bit, but that doesn't matter. He's going to score more importantly, yet's the driving lanes for Composo rivers, Monty Morris and those Aaron Gordon cuts. I'm just concerned that this is finally the series that the Nuggets missed Jamal Murray finally because in that season series against the Suns he was really big. But TBD, if Porter steps up, maybe they don't. They have a lot of players who are obviously thriving, just because of the confidence of Nicole Jokic, all those guys I just mentioned, all those guards Lee just went through, and if if, if Porter steps up, which you know it's a big question. Mark Porter has made an incredible leap, got played off the floor last year in the bubble. He was he was, you know, sometimes in the rotation and sometimes not. Now he's going to be asked to do a lot against a really good defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it will help if Monte Morris continues put up like twenty five game, which he basically did over the last two in that series, which is amazing. He had twenty eight right in game five and then had the twenty two and the pick and roll with Jokic the Blazers to death there in game six. He was awesome. Can he continue to do that? But Trey, what are you watching? Let's go talk some big men here, man, you're the big man of the group.
Speaker 5: Well, guards are gonna be interesting, gonna be interesting. I don't think Phoenix is gonna let Denver off the hook quite the way that Portland did. I think Composo is going to stay in the starting lineup with Austin Rivers, though. I think they're gonna use him on Chris Paul. That's gonna be a hilarious matchup to watch. Somebody's taking an elbow to the face by game three between those two, it's gonna be very funny and honestly, with Chris Paul's health, I guess we'll see how he holds up. At least you're gonna expect and tangibles, defense, playmaking, veteranship, poise from Chris Paul. We'll see about the shooting. Booker is gonna be lillardy again. He's gonna score points, There's no doubt about it. So to me, a lot of pressure on DeAndre Ayton in this one. Once again, he did incredible. It's the Lakers. Sixteen points, eleven rebounds a game, eighty percent field goal shooting, and the big number to me, eighteen fouls in six games. That's great for DeAndre and he's gonna need to do it again because he's the primary matchup for Nikola Jokic. Jokis, though, is healthy and ballin thirty three, ten and five in the series against Portland, fifty three percent from the field, forty three from three to ninety two from the line, and as we saw with use off Nurkic, the guy draws fouls like a mug eight. And though he was awesome in Round one, great all year, but he was still out played by Anthony Davis in games two and three when Davis was really healthy. The Nuggets can win this series. The Nuggets can still win the championship. I don't know if you guys believe me yet. A massive Yokic series is coming unless Ayton can stay on the court and limit him a little bit. Because the Sun's back court is gonna do it. The advantage for the Nuggets is inside Jokic is going to ball out. Ayton has to do something to counteract it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always like catch myself thinking, like how do you guard Yokich. What's the best way to do it? Could you get like don Nelsony with it and throw like a smaller j crowder on him, like just get up in him. And then you're like, no, you can't. You can't do what you maybe used to be able to do to like a younger Dirk where that's what they would do, you know, like be it a Stephen Jackson or a Matt Barnes, like a smaller guy and just get way up on him and make them uncomfortable and try and like make him a playmaker. But you can't do a deal good because he's one probably the best passer in the league. And then two, he's just so huge, Like if you threw a crowder on him, he'd just put his ass in the basket, that's all he would do, Just back up and he'd either be fouled or he would just score. Because He's just a monster. And that's like where he's obviously so much different than a Dirk, even though there are there are some similarities just with their impact on a game. And we saw what Dirk did his own run to the finals there when he really had it going. But let's get to predictions, man Lee, this is a tough one. I love him taking what all you guys are saying right now. I haven't even made my official prediction. I don't have anything written down because I want to hear what you guys said as the experts here. I want to know where Trey was leaning, where you're leaning. What do you have? What's your prediction for Sons Nuggets?
Speaker 7: This one is a tough one because I do think the Nuggets have the best player, but I think the Suns having home court advantage gives them the edge in this one.
Speaker 6: And again they were just super, super impressive in that first round.
Speaker 3: Obviously the I guess.
Speaker 6: Word too, so I just have a little bit more faith I think in collectively the defense of the Suns and the fact that you know, Devin Booker was incredible in his first playoff series. So I think it's a long one. I hope it's a long one, but I'm giving the tilta to the Suns home court advantage, I says Phoenix in seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sons and seven, I wouldn't be angry with that. There, serious task. What's your prediction?
Speaker 4: Oh, is that tough? It really is. I assume the Sons have been able to manage Chris Pol's pain level and are able to keep him on the floor, because, yeah, he doesn't have to score obviously, he like he didn't do against Los Angeles Lakers, but he needs to be on the floor just to kind of keep Devin Booker in his role of off the ball and let him be a shooting guard. He gives the confidence to the rest of the guys. He allows Campaign to come off the bench so he doesn't have a huge burden on his shoulders, which is really important. Three days before Game one. Does that help Chris Paul? I guess, But we have seen Chris Paul, you know, crumble and fall and be injured. Frankly, you know, I just watched Anthony Davis do it, so it's can't get that out of my mind. At the same time, it seems like they've managed to do that, so that's really important. They are fricking tough as nails. That's why I want Chris Paul on the floor, just to keep that up on the floor. And yeah, the big man battle DeAndre aight and being able to stay on the floor. They managed to do it, and they managed to be able to hold up even in Dario Sarich and Frank Kaminski minutes. So I think they play one on one with with Nicola jokicchen don't let that the passing kill them, don't let the air and Gordon cuts kill them. And they managed to pull it out in in a fight, in a scrap. I'll say seven as well, because the Nuggets have to be mad respected, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So Suns and seven ultimately going with Okay, Trey, you're gonna run with the Nuggets. They go into the finals here, big.
Speaker 5: Gay, Well, they're going to the conference finals, Nuggets in six. Here. Jokic is unstoppable right now. He's been the best player in the league from the first month of the season. He's still been the best player in the league through the first two weeks of the playoffs. I don't see that stopping. Apparently the stream team is saying Will Barton maybe coming back. That would be huge for the Nuggets. I actually think they'll do a decent job of being able to match up on the perimeter as well. Obviously, Aaron Gordon isn't gonna start on Devin Booker, but surely he'll get a chance at some point. Like I said, compose O versus Chris Paul is gonna be a hilarious matchup to watch. And I think you're gonna be able to You're gonna be able to hide Michael Porter Junior on defense a little bit. And then yeah, he's gonna have a tough matchup trying to score against Michale Bridges. But I'm a little bit of a Porter Junior believer here, So give me the Nuggets in six.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna hedge a little bit. I'm also going Nuggets, but I'm gonna go Denver in seven. This will be the weird seven game series that Denver genuinely or regularly excuse me, plays in. I just think some things are gonna maybe disappear here for the Suns a little bit. Is campaign gonna like continue to like have like two or three monster games in this series? I mean, I guess it's possible, but I'm gonna bet against it. You know, Crowder, as we've talked about, the guy can like never miss or he can never hit a three, So maybe that comes back to earth a little bit. He was unbelievable there of course in Game six. Ah, and just the Yokich factor. He is the best player in the series. And I think I'm ultimately That's what I'm coming down to. As much as I love Devin Booker, Booker should have, I would assume some monster like games in this series, Like would you be shocked if we see a couple forty plus maybe even some fifty pluses against this Denver team? I wouldn't. I mean, we've seen it before from other stars in series against the Nuggets, you know last year and of course even last series with Lillard. So Booker's probably got that under his in his bag. But I'll go Denver in seven. But it's tight. It is tight. So tass and Lee takes Sons and seven. Trey Kurby's got Nuggets in six, and I'm hedging, like I said, and going Nuggets and seven, taking the road, you know, rare. I guess Game seven win. All right, let's hear from you guys in the stream team your predictions. Drop them below the YouTube video. Let's take a quick break though, before we get over to our Eastern Conference semifinals predictions.
Speaker 4: I thought you're talking about your trapped win, Lee. I thought you were saying I got an exit tado, because I got trapped win.
Speaker 3: Here, I want to start like texting the guys before a big game. Say, any guys horny for.
Speaker 6: This game, I'm superry.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Next series, we're about to break down here. I didn't even take any blue juice. Yeah, all right, let's get to them in the Eastern Conference, we've got our two matchups. They are getting under way this weekend. We'll start with the Nets Bucks in the two three series. There Game one Saturday night, everybody seven thirty, perfect horning time for everybody enjoying Game one. The Bucks may have taking the season series two games to one, but they have yet to see the Nets of course Big three at full strength, because almost no one did except maybe the first round.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Let's get to the keys to the series and we'll make our predictions. Trey, We're gonna start with you on this one. Nets Bucks, what's key to the series for you?
Speaker 5: Oh skeets I am mooe Extato this one. These two teams look so good in Round one. Can't wait to see him smashing bodies. Exitato themselves. Don't make you Exitato, bab The honest to me is a problem that the Nets don't have an answer for. Katie's gonna get some turns for sure, Blake, perhaps, Nick Claxton. Maybe I think they'll miss Jeff Green a little bit. But really, the Nets don't have a Yannis stopper obviously, so they're gonna do everything they possibly can to help out on Gianness, whether that's doubling him when he has the ball down low, building a wall, just playing off him, kind of challenging him to shoot. They're gonna do whatever they can to make other players on the Bucks beat them offensively. So it's imperative that the Bucks hit their threes because they got to keep up with the Nets scoring. Milwaukee finished fifth in percentage, fifth in makes from the three point line this year. But the guy I'm looking at most interestedly in this series from a three point shooting perspective gotta be Pat Connaton got the start for Dante DiVincenzo in Game four against the Heat. He's my guess is the guy that's going to be a crack in the lineup as a starter, and at least Game one, more than likely he starts on James Harden just because you know, Pat Conton's kind of a quickish, strongish guy just like Harden. Maybe can take some of the bumps, but he's definitely got the guy that the Nets are going to challenge to make some shots. Shot thirty seven percent from three this year, a career high since he became a rotation player. You need that guy, not the one who shot fifteen percent in the series against the Bucks last year. The question to me is, how are the Bucks gonna possibly kind of keep up offensively with the Nets. It's got to be three point shooting. So Conton's got to knock him down. PJ. Tucker's got to knock him down when he's in Bobby Portis. You need to see a Bryn Forbes game. Basically, the Bucks have to shoot threes to win this series.
Speaker 4: Fair guyness is gonna have to be a monster inside because he really wasn't against the Miami Heat surprisingly even though they got a sweep. He's got to be way way better because yeah, he does have an advantage inside, they shouldn't be able to stop him inside. But he only shot forty five percent from the floor against the heat. That's a surprising number for Yen Stetkooba, who should be able to dunk on everybody in that front line. And he took a lot of threes against the heat. He's only six percent from three. That wasn't a typo, that's six percent from three. Yeah, so inside, what the hell do the Nets do? Obviously Kevin Durant is going to be his primary guy, but with Yannies, you always have a second guy there. And I think if it's Blake Griffin starting, which is possible because they like that defensive able ability to sort of rotate, whether it's Nick Claxon the young young fella, or they dust off DeAndre Jordan which isn't good for the rotations, or Bruce Brown. They really do miss Jeff Green, who isn't going to start this series, most likely with the Planner faship problem. No matter how you slice it, no matter how you look at it, the Nets are going to put up a shit ton of points. That's just the way it is. It's just an incredible offense. So yeah, they're gonna have to hit threes, but Yannis has the big advantage inside. He's got to be a forty point guy, I think when it comes down to it for their wins anyways, the Nets are going to score one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty points, and yeah, it's definitely a worry something from the from the outside, but also just Yannis has to go get it because the Bucks I think they're just a tad over hyped right now because they did get they did get the big sweep, but Miami was absolutely horrendous after that. You know, the first game was a close game and then you know, three blowouts, but Miami just didn't know what the heck they were doing on offense. The Nets do. And the good thing is they've got great defensive matchups for the Nets that we'll get into. But offensively, they they're not playing the heat anymore. They're gonna have to put up a lot of points on the offensive. And starts with Yanni's for me, Well.
Speaker 3: Joannis and Durant had like one of the best games of the year, didn't they when they went like for forty nine. I think Giannis had in one of those games. And then I think Durant had a forty plus in the same game, just like shooting lights out. Do you think Nashville put kd on Giannis to start the series task or will it? We saw a lot of Blake on him actually, like in those two of the last games that he got the matchup there, you know you're saving Katie offensively a little bit. You don't want to get him to foul trouble and the pressure that Janice could put on. Or do you just say no, he's our best defender, Let's put him on it, just like they did the Bucks finally did, putting Giannis on Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you know, nash is a lot smarter than I am. So maybe he saves Kevin Durant for later in the games, because Yeanny should be able to smoke Blake. He just has too much lateral speed, he's longer, he's bigger. Kevin Durant just seems like the more natural matchup. John Hollinger brought up a heck of an idea with James Harden potentially guarding Yanni's down low because he is such a stout guy. He is really good at guarding guys in the post and you look up down the roster. I mean I threw all those names out there. Amongst the bigs. You got Kevin Grant, then Blake Griffin, Nick Clackson, DeAndre Jordan, Bruce Brown, Jeff Green, James Harden makes some freaking sense, and you can definitely hide him. You know, you can take Harden off of Pat Connaton or whoever and and throw him on on Yanni's At times, I guess we're just gonna see, like every great player, a ton of people on Yanny's all basically all those names except DeAndre Jordan. I don't think he gets dusted off. Yeah, that's that's a lot, man, It's a yeah. At the same time, maybe they just score enough to win regardless.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe they don't even talk about defense in the Nets locker room. They're like, who cares, honestly, don't worry about it. We'll score enough. But Lee, what's your key to the series?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, look, I do think the Bucks are as well equipped as any other team to have players to put on the stars. Like Yiannis athletically is big enough and strong enough to at least stick with Katie. No one's stopping him. No, one's going to shut him down, but at least he could be the most difficult match up Katie faces and Drew Holliday is a really good defensive matchup for Kyrie Irving. He just plays him well again, you're not stopping him. Kyrie is going to get his, but he could at least make it more difficult than anyone Drew Holiday. But that just does leave James Harden. Who's that going to be? Is it going to be Pat Conaton, because it's either him or Chris Middleton, And that's really I think the biggest problem here for the Bucks is, you know, you can look that those big three can all go for forty points easily even in one game potentially if they had to, and you just have to find a way to try to slow down at least one or two of them if you can. Middleton is going to cause the Nets to work on the defensive end because he's been fantastic for them in that mid range. But what sort of effect can he have on stifling James Harden if he's on him, you know, or if it's pa Because James Harden we know he can get inside. He's more than happy to play facilitator. He has to, but he's also going to be able to shoot, hit those step backs and go to the free throat line. So that's just a big, big problem I think here for Milwaukee because even as we saw it in the series for the Nets in the first round there against the Celtics, at times, you know, I think it was Kyrie only had fifteen points in one game. Now they blew them out. But the point is, even if one of the big three doesn't go off, the other two still can, so you have to try to find a way to stop him. But I think the real key as well for the Bucks is to get as many easy baskets as you can. And if it is Blake Griffin, then Yannis has to just go inside because you have to put pressure on that defense and not let the Nets just not have to try on the defensive end. So that's where Yannis has to I hope he puts the three pointer away for this series. I hope he just goes inside and tries to take advantage of his athletical advantage that he has. If it is against Blake and James Harden does have a fantastic Yeah, I got a great subscription to the Asplet.
Speaker 3: A Spanish version.
Speaker 6: Of James harden As as a as a body post defender. I think that isn't actually the worst idea in the world. I think he can cause Jannas some problems. But I think Jannis, if he sees Blake, he's like, right, I'm just going into the paint. If you're the net, You're like, you're gonna hopefully try to draw some offensive fouls get Yannas in trouble. But if it can work in the bucks favor, that's good. But if not, then you do throw Kevin around on him if necessary. So I see, I see just a few different Even though the Bucks defense is good again, there's just like it's like playing what's that whack a Moley thing where it's like you can potentially buck of MOLLYU a Molly, you can potentially at least have good players, you know, to sort of stifle those other guys, but then you know someone else is going to pop up and score.
Speaker 3: So okay. I was like, well that was like finished that analogy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, something something, Okay.
Speaker 3: I have a question though, for really danced around. Yeah, Jo honest is gonna try and block a shot again like we saw during the regular season and blew everybody's minds, like, well even though that was possible.
Speaker 5: So that's one of the funniest clips to me. He blocks his shot, but the Nets get three points on that. Yeah, yeah, Like it's at three pointer from the corner, and that's gonna kind of be the story, isn't it. Like you can stop a couple of guys. They've got three Hall of Famers out there. Plus we haven't even mentioned Joe Harris yet.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he could easily hit four or five threes in a quarter and blow the game open. But I was gonna say, okay, take Katie out of the equation, because again, he's gonna get thirty. That's just what he does in every playoff series. It feels like, who would you prefer if you're game planning to try and slow the Nets, would you focus on stopping more Harden or Kyrie? So like, who is the you know, the the straw that stirs the Nets drink there? Like if you had to just pick one, And I asked that because you say Drew Holiday will be on Kyrie, and I'm not so sure about that. If you believe Harden is actually the one that you sort of want to like really try and gum up and slow down because he likes to set up guys and stuff like that. And maybe you put actually Drew on James Harden to try and and you know, prevent him from you know, popping off and setting up guys left and right, because Drew is an unbelievable defender and the best probably perimeter defender on the box. And then you know you're putting somebody else on a Kyrie. It's going to be a tough matchup, but you know, a middle tinner content stuff like that. Well, what do you think or what is your answer, I guess to that question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, I think Drew probably does get some time on Harden as well because of his defensive prowess there. But I guess you probably want to stop Harden first because I think he's he's got a little bit more. I mean, we've seen Kyrie go for forty easily, but I guess Harden is probably.
Speaker 3: Outs like Kyry can go for forty, but Hardy could go for twenty eight, but fourteen assists, Yeah, and it's just going to be that's a lot more.
Speaker 6: He's a better I think passer of the lobs inside James Harden than Kyrie Iving. But we saw when James Harden was at his best this season before the hamstring injury, he forced his way into the MVP conversation because he was just so dominant, so more happy to play facilitita. But Ulsa James Todden is going to have a period at least where he's like, all right now I'm scoring doing whatever. One getting too the free throad line. So it's uh, it's a Sophie's choice for the boodenholes the mandate because you know, it's when you're playing Walkamolia, there's always one that pops up and the kind of capable day on go.
Speaker 4: Back to it, mooe, one of those guacamole's is gonna be pointing right.
Speaker 3: Okay, my key to the series here before we get to our predictions for this one, I think it is Chris Middleton on both sides of the ball. You know, he averaged twenty one and a half points per game, four and a half assists per game, shooting fifty percent from the floor forty one percent from three in that first round against the Heat. They're going to need him to maintain that production here, of course, against the nets and try and at least you know, if Harden is the guy going twenty eight, Like, come on, Middleton, give us twenty five, because if you go back to the bucks last two playoff series, law us that is twenty twenty seventies versus Miami, so last year in the Bubble and then twenty nineteen Eastern Conference Finals versus the Raptors. The fact of the matter is Middleton was just inconsistent against the Raptors. He was quite frankly horrible. Outside a one thirty point game which also came in a loss, he didn't score over fifteen points in any of the other games. That ain't gonna fly in this series. And then even against the Bubble heat he shot well in the opener and he had a thirty six eight to eight in Milwaukee's loan win. But those other games, you know, shot six of fifteen zero threes, only scored eighteen in the other game, fouled out, shot eight to twenty five in Game five, played a lot of minutes, you know, there was no Jiannis and all that had six turnovers. He fouled out again. You can't have this from Middleton. Middleton has to be offensively, especially rock solid. I think, I mean well, at least four times of course to win this series. And then again, like we just talked about the defense, I think he's going to get some minutes on Kyrie, maybe on Harden. And he's not a bad defender. We don't talk about Chris Middleton defensely at all. He gets no respect. But he's good. He is legit good. But can anybody actually slow those guys? He's got to be special. That's my key to the series, for the Bucks to pull this off and to win me one hundred dollars, because that's really what we're focusing on here. It's the Task Mails versus J. E. Skeets bet Uh, you know, at least my first crack at it of trying to win one hundred dollars task because Task had the Nets going to the finals as soon as they made the hardened deal and I said, no, chemistry is a real thing and they might lose here in a one of these series.
Speaker 5: So, Skeates, have you ever taken a picture with one hundred dollars?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: I've made a split screen this year.
Speaker 3: I can geez, I don't have ever any money on me anymore? Can I just hold up my credit card and cover the numbers. I'll do it or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I took both those last night.
Speaker 3: So the man night on the town. Let's get to predictions. Tray you go first, Bucks, Nets, Who are you going task?
Speaker 5: You're a smart guy. Man. During Round one of the playoffs, you said that the big thing for the Nets is going to be getting to know each other, And that's exactly what happened. Even the Big Three was saying, Yeah, we're not even worried about the playoff run right now. We're just worried about getting back out there and playing basketball together. So I think you're smart for that, And I think you're also smart for saying in the other two three series in the Western Conference, what a bump up in difficulty that the Nuggets are gonna face playing against the Suns. Now, same thing is going to be happening for the Nets here. There wasn't much defense played by the Boston Celtics in their Round one series. They were content to just try and outscore them, and that's what they're gonna try and do against the Bucks. But the Bucks defense is so much better. That being said, I think the Nets have too many options. Give me Brooklyn in seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, and that's in seven, another seven game series here, task go next. What's your prediction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really hope that Pat Conaton can do some kind of job on one of those Nets cards. But I think Mike Budenholzer is gonna see that not working too well. So Kyrie and James arn are gonna be going off and he's gonna say, hey, Chris Middleton, come on over, man, we need you to play some defense here. And that's going to exhausted dude. I think we kind of undervalue how important Chris Middleton is on the offense. Evevent skeets. You went through it there. He is so so important on the offensive end. He doesn't hit that game winner in Game one. I don't know where that series goes against the Miami Heat. So I just worry about that Bucks defense, although it does definitely have really good matchups defensively, the Nets just to have too many fricking weapons that are cooking, and I don't know if that chemistry thing ever happened ever, you know, is an actual downfall for this Brooklyn Nets team until the finals maybe or not. Yeah, A lot of people saying that this is the NBA finals. I can start to see that now for sure. I'm buying that the Nets are definitely the stronger team though, considering what the Milwaukee Bucks played in that first round, and even though people, you know, look to those two matchups at the end of the season there where yeah, the Bucks came out on top of the Nets. James Harden wasn't playing in either one of those. So I think the Bucks are a little over hyped right now, and I think the Nets bringing back to Earth. I think the Nets will win in six. You know, I hope the Bucks prove me wrong. I hope we get seven, but I'll go six.
Speaker 3: Okay, Leally, what's your pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think this is obviously going to be a much more difficult matchup for the Nets coming off the Celtics series, and Jannis has the ability to really put some pressure on that Nets defense, which is their weeks Well, that's their vulnerability here. And if Yannis can stay out of foul trouble in terms of offensive foul if failing, and he can get inside and just just score those easy baskets and put that three pointer away, and then he does get help from the other guys out there, like Drew Holliday, who was really good in the first round series. He's been brought in, of course because Eric Bledsoe couldn't play in the playoffs. So I think there's a lot there for the Bucks. But I just think ultimately that Nets offense is just a little too heavy and they pull it out. But I think we're going I think we're going long.
Speaker 3: I think we're going to.
Speaker 6: Six or sive. But I'll say the Nets in seven because I have home court. But I would also like to be proven wrong. I'd like to say the Bucks upset them here. But I just feel there's just a little too much fai pal from those vits for the Brooklyn Nets. Brooklyn in seven.
Speaker 3: This is where PJ. Tucker makes his money. We didn't bring up Tucker there. I mean he's gonna get obviously chances I think on his old friend Kevin Durant, and I mean I'm excited to see what Bud does with brook Lopez. I mean, I think there's less of a role for a guy like him probably in this series. Be difficult to keep him out there. He'll get his chance, and if Brookn hit the threes, that's big. As you talked about Trey with a three point shooting. Look, if you guys are all taking the Nets, I have to take the Bucks. I mean I already got one hundred dollar bet riding on it. I mean what would I do? I could sort of like do the weird hedge where it's like, well, you know, I am either gonna lose one hundred dollars or I'm gonna be the smart gag as I got the pick right. Screw that. It's Milwaukee Bucks, man. I believe in them. You know, Drew Holiday is fantastic. He needs to neutralize one of those guards. God, can you do it? That's the thing I know we always get into like I don't care how good your defense is. When the offense is that elite, can it be stopped? Well, let's find out. I'm gonna go Bucks, though, So what do I do? I guess I'll just have to go Bucks and six shout out to Brandon Jennings once again. Well we'll go with that. Hopefully we get a very long series and it should be a super tightly contested series. Let's hear from the stream team, though. Drop your predictions, leave them below the video Nets Bucks game one Saturday Night. We're horny as hell for this one.
Speaker 4: And could you like bet somebody else one on the nets? Somebody take the Bucks in this series? Oh yeah, rushes all.
Speaker 3: He's ready for a bet. So yeah. I could call him up right now and say, hey, man, you want to bet on the Bucks Net series? He would say yes, absolutely, And then I say, all right, I don't take the Nets. I guess see what he says. I think he would take the Bucks. There are a lot of people picking Milwaukee. I mean, no doubt, a very good team. It's just like you know, it is tough to like, it's just tough to wrap your head around. I guess you know. Four games sort of out gunning the Nets is what we're getting out here. If everybody's healthy, now, this can change in a hurry. Right there's a rolled ankle for a KD or Kyrie or something, and then it's maybe a little more even. But yeah, okay, I'll call up. I'm gonna do that. That's a good call.
Speaker 4: And listen. I just want to address this comment from Ziggy, who's always in the stream team talking about the opponents in the first round for both these Bucks and the Nets. He says heat were better than the Celtics at least, I don't get that take. Honestly, the Heat were horrendous. They didn't know what they were doing.
Speaker 3: Hondous because of the Bucks. Is the is the counter to that?
Speaker 5: Because their pants once Jianna started guarding Jimmy Butler, they pooped their pants, and they had pooping their pants for the whole series and didn't know what to do with it. They did, They blew it. They completely blew it. The Heat were playing better than the Celtics coming into the playoffs, and then the Celtics were better than the Heat in the playoffs basically because they got a fifty point game. You need to see some Chris Middleton fifty point games. Yeah, he needs to be the Jason Tatum for them in this series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't. I don't find I don't think it's just the Bucks that made the Heat look bad that he just looked bad on their own. Jimmy Butler just wasn't hitting shots. I mean like he was driving, wasn't any shots. Bam had to buy it in't look Yeah, but he knew where he was getting his shot.
Speaker 3: That was Why didn't they do that the year prior? No one knows he never played them. They never put Youannis on Butler, but they did this series.
Speaker 4: No, he couldn't bank a shot home. I mean he couldn't do anything. He couldn't. He literally just stopped being able to be Jimmy Butler. I don't think it was just Yannis at all. I think it was I disagree that he was just bad.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's why they're ziggy. Keep the comments coming, though, we love it. Stream team. Okay, final series here for our for us to predict here on the on the Drop podcast. But too Still, Yeah, Sixers Haks the one to five matchup. Sixers took the season series two games to one, dominated the last two meetings, actually winning by a combined sixty six points, both of those coming at the Wells Fargo Center. Philly's lone lost TI the Hawks game in January, though, I think that was the game that the Sixers were missing, like eight guys, like health and safety protocol. I don't think Simmons played anyway. Game one, Sunday, Hawks Sixers on ABC. Yeah, that's right, one pm Eastern. Keys to the series. I'll just start because it's the number one key to the series. Joell Ebiad's health. How healthy is he is he playing, because you know, if he doesn't, completely changes the complexion of this matchup the Sixers. I saw Schumann with this stat thirty and six when their full starting lineup were playing, and one of those losses was Game four against Washington when Embiid didn't play after the first quarter. So you know, let's call it maybe thirty one and five if he continues to play, and they probably win that game. So this is just like, it's huge. I don't think the Sixers will win this series without Joel Embii. Yeah, because I believe in the Hawks at least that much, and I think they're that good. They're playing with house money at this point, they're loose. No one's picking really of them to win again like most people weren't against the next So I just think Embiid puts so much pressure on a Capella and a call ins he gets him in foul trouble. He lives at the line easy points. But if he doesn't play because of the knee, then man, then it's more of a coin flip to me. So that's the that's the key, And I don't think we really know the answer to that right right now as of recording this on Friday. I think they're hoping he'll play right task, but who knows a giant dude that could play like we just saw with the Anthony Davis lands awkwardly and then he's out for the season series again. So that's massive to me. But I don't know, maybe you disagree that the Sixers couldn't They couldn't win even if Embiid didn't play. Does anybody disagree with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think the Sixers could win even without him Beid, Yeah, I think. I mean, starting with the fact that they're able to guard Trey Young with Ben Simmons too, That's just that's got to be so so different than the Knick series, who are giving him a lot of space and Taj Gibson was dropping back, and I think, I mean, that would be a lot on Joel Embid if he comes out and plays and they get him involved in the pick and roll, I think, you know, it's just going to be up to Ben's Simmons really to get out there and scramble back so Joel Embiid can can fall back himself and stop Clint Capella, you know, Dwight Howard might be just healthier and better suited to do that right now. But either way, Simmons out there on Trey Young. He's going to take this extremely personally. He keeps on calling himself defensive player of the Year. He's going to do a really good job on Trey Young, and it's going to be up, I think, to the other Hawks to make up for what Trey Young isn't able to do in terms of setting guys up. A big, big pressure on bog Down Bogdanovic. But I think, yeah, the Simmons defense just takes away Clint Cappella to a degree because the center, whoever it is, if it's Dwight or Joel Embiid, can drop back. But Simmons is not going to allow that space that the Knicks. You just saw Trey Young, he definitely perused into the lane a little too much, just too much, and they dropped and they put todsh Gibson in there, and he was a he was a fallback guy. And Embeid, you know, I worry almost that if he does play, it's just so much to ask. He'll probably play like todsh Gibson did. But Bed Simmons will be out there it'll be a lot different than Reggie Bullock. So that's uh, that's interesting. Treyon could could pick him apart as well if if they decide to, you know, fall back in that coverage. But it's it's hard not to really believe in Ben who doesn't have a lot of offensive responsibility. I guess it goes up if Joel Embiid is out though, So that's yeah, that's a huge, huge question mark whether in bed plays I think he tries to fight through it. I think there's this was his season, he was an MVP candidate. I think we'll see him out there, you know, when this thing gets going. But how long it's it's it's totally fair. Who the heck knows that.
Speaker 3: Trey what's your key to the series?
Speaker 5: Well, Skates, you're right. Embiid's health is the number one key to this series. If he's one hundred percent, the Sixers win this series pretty easily, I think. But it does not look like he's going to be one hundred percent. We have no idea what's going to happen. We have no idea if he's even gonna play it. People in the stream team are suggesting perhaps the Sixers keep him up until they lose a game that could certainly happen, give him a little bit more rest, but it's a huge unknown. That's why Tobias Harris is Movernie key to me in this series because he might have to be the seventy six ers leading scorer. We don't know what we're getting from Embiid Simmons is unreliable as a scorer, at least coming into this series. I think Tobias Harris has to be in an offensive hub for the Sixers. It's gonna be a nice matchup. I think he'll have DeAndre Hunter on him a little bit. I think he'll have John Collins on him a little bit. They did a great job on Julius Randall, forced them into a lot of ISOs, played physical and just made every possession tough. It felt like Randal was taking forty eight dribbles every single time he had the ball. Harris is certainly a more skilled scorer than Randall. He scores in a lot different ways. He actually did lead the Sixers in scoring in Round one twenty five a game fifty percent from the field, thirty eight from three to ninety from the line. You need that again from Toby Harry, quick smart decisions looking to get buckets because the Hawks are gonna score pretty well in this series. I think Trey Young will certainly have a toper series than he had against the Knicks with Bible and Simmons on him. But there's still a lot of scores on the Hawks. They've been playing pretty well this second half of the season. That's why to me, Tobias Harris got a lot of pressure on him this series to actually be a consistent scorer each and every game.
Speaker 3: Very similar to Chris Middleton there in the Total Bucks series. I always think of those two guys as similar guys. They're like just on that borderline of like they're all stars sort of guys, and some nights they look like almost borderline superstar guys and they have these inconsistent nights. Anyway, Tobias Harris is a big one in this series, especially if there's no embid for a first couple of games. Maybe Lee keyt in the series.
Speaker 6: Before we get to predictions, well, I think it's a three point shooting for both teams really, because ultimately, yes, Trey Young is going to face a much stiffer challenge. I think it's either Simmons or Thible, both of them are going to get him at some point. Bible is an incredible defender. He's got that length as well. And then even Tyre's Max, he might even get some minutes on him. He's when those guys are resting, and I think the six is know like, if you can slow Trey Young down, that can really stop their offense. Don't let Heim get going. But then Trey's probably going to prepare for and so's Nami Millen and say, bog Danovitch, you've got to hit those threes again. John Collins got it going towards the end of that series. Kevin Guerreta coming off the bench, he can hit them threes. And then you've got Gallinari man and he poor man Daniella. Gallinari moves like a cement mixer out there, but he can still hit the three pointer, and that especially down here in Atlanta. He was very good and he was getting pretty carried away down there. Two had a nice little step back, sort of between the legs move. He missed it, but once those threes are falling, he's just confident because he kind of and this is again where they will potentially if Joel Embiid is not playing, Daniella Gallinari almost sort of fills in as they're sort of big man there for a while as well when Capella's on the bench, and sometimes as John Collins and Danella Gallinari. If Joel Embiid is playing, they cannot have Gallinari out there defending em beat at all. He will get destroyed. But I think as well for the Sixers, you know, like Seth Curry was good in this series, Danny Green hit thirteen threes in the series against the Wizards. It's the Wizards, but Danny Green as a veteran can still do that.
Speaker 4: In the corner Raptors.
Speaker 6: Fans know he had one good game Agains the Warrior is that time, but he hit six threes in that game. I think it was Game three in Oakland where he hit those threes. And he did the same thing for the Lakers in the bubble there. So he might only have one or two good games, but it could be game turning events for him. So I think with Philadelphia, if those threes are falling, I mean Ben Simmons, as we know he doesn't shoot them, but certainly if he can penetrate and get those guys into their spots and they're knocking them down. That offense for Philadelphia is fantastic. As far as Jowel Embiid, I wonder if the Sixers look and see what happened with Anthony Davis last night and think, you know, it's not worth the risk. They look at maybe Kevin Duran in the finals against the Raptors a couple of years ago. He clearly wasn't ready to go and did further damage. I don't know what a meniscous tear, how serious that is, but it just sounds grotesque and sounds awful to me. So I'll be surprised if Embiid is certainly playing in the first game or two, and then depending on how the series is, maybe Philadelphia decides to risk it. But it's sad because we want to see the best players out there. That's the best thing for fans is to see the teams at full strength playing each other. And I think even if e Beid does play, will be able to tell. I think if he's on the court in the first five minutes whether or not that knee is bothering him, because we saw that with Chris Paul he wasn't at his best, and we saw that with Anthony Davis, he clearly wasn't at his best, So we might get a glimpse either way of just how bad that knee is. But yeah, I think if those threes are falling for the Hawks, that's the best chance of staying here with Philadelphi because this is a much better defensive team. Well I say that the Knicks actually had a great defensive.
Speaker 3: Rating, but but this is different because like Tams saying, like, by no means you're playing Trey Young, are you're gonna do drop coverage. That'd be silly. So you're gonna run him over and you're gonna get him into the paint. But they're so long and so fast, Tybal Yeah, and Simmons, they're gonna be challenging from behind on these floaters Like that gets in your head as an offensive player, just that much exactly. You'll see that. See the old Chris Paul stop there, and I'm sure he'll get some of them. But then too, Embeid, we're talking offensively, like he put up thirty and fifteen, I'm sure in this series if he's playing, but like defensively, yeah, you're going to like get Trey in there, and then Embiid's in there, and that's going to like make Trey think twice out there him and stuff like that, maybe take away those lops. So that's why he's huge. You But you're right, Nick's had a good defense, But I think it's just such a different defense for the Sixers. But yeah, the guys they have that you can put on the perimeter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and statistically throughout the regular season's just different. In a series the Nate mc millan, the Hawks found a way to basically pick it apart and it didn't. It didn't look anywhere near as convincing in the playoffs in that series. So yeah, I looks have a lot of offensive firepower like you guys do, but those that can get those shots just have to fall, Like like for any team, once they're falling, it just spreads the floor and it opens it up. And you know, Bogdanovic and Gallinari weren't all that great in New York, but they were pretty good down here in Atlanta. So if they can even it out a little bit more, that's going to help the Hawks.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's talk actual predictions here at Treo. Back to you, who's winning this how many games. I'm excited to see if anybody will take the hometown Hawks here to continue. But TK you go.
Speaker 5: First, because we have no idea what's going on with Embiid. If somehow he comes back, and this meniscus tear is a little bit more like a sprain, which I don't think a lot of people realize a sprain is just a tiny miniscus tear. It really is. But if he's able to play, if he's able to be at ninety five percent, this is an easy win I think for the Sixers. But I'm not super confident that Embiid is gonna be able to play at his best for the entire series. But is that enough to make you want to pick the Hawks, I don't know. Because we've seen in the past the Sixers have been successful playing with Ben Simmons at the five. I think they can even do okay with Dwight Howard getting twenty five minutes at the five just smashing his body into Clint Cappella in a revenge.
Speaker 3: Series for Dwight Howard.
Speaker 5: This is almost a double revenge series for Dwight Howard because he was replaced as the Houston center by Clint Cappella and he was waived by the Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Maybe Dwight Howard.
Speaker 5: Is the key to this series. I think. I think we'll know a lot in Game one. Like Lee is saying, here, with what we see from Embiid, I'm gonna go sixers in six it can go the other way, certainly.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tess, where are you going?
Speaker 4: Yeah? A great putter here in the stream, Team Nare comments Embiid should trust the healing process. And you know, I first say Emid's gonna play through that pain because it's his MVP season, MVP caliber season, and he should want to play out there. But then in the other on the other side, Yeah, he had this same meniscus stare in his rookie year. He ended up having to undergo season ending surgery. So I don't know anything about his physical health. I just think that the Sixers are rolling right now going up against the Atlanta Hawks. I think Seth Curry is going to have a great series going up against the back coourd of Trey Young and bogged down Bogdanovich. Seth Curry is a streaky player, just came off a thirty point night feeling good. To end that series against the Wizards, and Trey Young's not gonna be able to hide. I don't think during this series it's gonna be a it's gonna be a little different for him. So well win Tray's guarding Seth. I don't really think there's much more of another option. Really, I guess you throw them on Danny any.
Speaker 5: Green for sure. They'll be very similar I think to Reggie Bullock, where it's like you're fine because if he gets off a screen, Yeah, they might be open for a split second there, but you're not worried about Danny Green putting the ball on the floor and getting the hoop. Same with Reggie Bullock. That's where he's gonna hide.
Speaker 4: I think it's totally true. Then just get Danny Green off the floor. I think if you're Doc Rivers, I mean, just go with Ben Simmons and Tree Young in your backcourt, and then Ben Simmons and yeah, exactly, and Seth in your backcourt and then figure it out from there. I just, yeah, you know, I want to take the hometown Hawks, and I felt good doing it in Series one, but there's not only is Seth Curry playing well. You talked about Tobias Harris being a key. He's feeling good too. He's playing really well, so is Ben Simmons, and I think that's important. The confidence level of a number one seeded team should never be questioned. But these guys have, you know, never really been in this position, but they got a few feel good. They have to feel good right now, and I think they make life hell for Treon. I'll take them in six.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm heading down to the Fortress for at least one of these. Yeah, of course, of course, it was so much fun down there last week. I want to cheer for the Hawks. I want the Hawks to win. I think they can win. I think things have to go right for them, you know. And I do think the MB factor is going to be significant in this series because Dwight, you know, he still gets himself in these silly fouls and he can get a flagrant every now and again. Look, he's going to put a body on Capella for.
Speaker 3: Sure, definitely picking up a flagrant, of course he is. He does it all the time. You know.
Speaker 6: He'll catch them lobs and they'll they'll throw that those dungkst to him, but he'll get that. He'll get himself into his own into a mess as always, and I again like, I just have faith in that those threes being able to fall for the Hawks here. I think I think they've got some really good players, and I think they've got some really good I thought that defense was way more impressive too in this series, and I think they understand it has to be at that same level, if not increased here for this series against Philadelphia. So I'm taking the hometown Hawks.
Speaker 3: Give me the Hawks.
Speaker 6: We're gonna close it out in six. The Fortress is gonna be bumping.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it sounds like you'll be there in person.
Speaker 6: Well, it might not even go six. Maybe the Hawks sweep him in four or five.
Speaker 3: Crazy, Okay, So you're taking Hawks and six?
Speaker 6: Yeah, why why not?
Speaker 3: That's the way to look at it. Man, I'm one with the other two guys. I'm going sixers and six, I do think and Bead's ultimately gonna play, and I think they just have the defensive guys to slow Tray Young and Doc Rivers is not an idiot. They're gonna go at Trey yup. They're gonna put him in action and he won't be able to hide as easy as he definitely did in the Knicks, Like the almost never went at him. He didn't have to do anything defensively.
Speaker 5: Who do you really think is gonna exploit Trey Young?
Speaker 3: Well, just like Seth Curry and Ben Simmons, if that's the back court they're going to be going to at times, he's going to be in action, there would be no.
Speaker 5: Way to hide him. I think that's probably true. But I mean, if Seth Curry's taking all your shots, I think that's a win for the Hawks. Well, yeah, he can hide on Bible, he can hide on Danny Green like we're saying, he can kind of hide a little bit on Ben Simmons.
Speaker 3: Ah, he shouldn't be able to.
Speaker 5: I mean, ye, send him then, like anytime he gets him in the post follum, send them to the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we'll see if there'll be the little chess mass here between Nate McMillan and Doc Rivers. I got six ers and six, so I'm going with the task and Tray in this one, and Lee's going Hawks and six. Let's see the stream team's picks. Drop them there, drop them in the video below or in the comments below the video. I should say, Okay, we still got five star Friday to get to. We've got tweeted the night we got rapid Fire, which we actually have to try and make rapid this time. But first or finally, another quick break? Do you hear from our sponsors? All right, let's get to some five star Friday fun. Trey Kirby explain this for any of the new listeners or YouTube viewers.
Speaker 5: Don't mind the my news skeatsing ten five star Friday. The first Friday of every month, we read five of the best five star review on Apple podcasts from the previous month. These reviews help us in the rankings. The rankings help us on the charts. The charts help us on the downloads. The downloads help us on everything. So get your reviews in, get us up on them charts. We want to be at number one by tomorrow afternoon. How you doing right, Skeats, Make a big ask, Make a huge ask and see what they come in on. Anyways, here are your top five five star reviews from the month of May. First one oops and thought loops from the Impatient Chopo Hit Squad. Leave Basketball Reference behind and let these certified psychonauts guide you across a vast mindscape full of wedgies and roast beef and the only podcast approved by Manu Jenobili and Terrence McKenna.
Speaker 3: What a start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no doubt. This one makes me feel like we're talking some real big brain stuff on here, not just jokes out drinking water and me carrying you to your car. Great review. Our second five star review comes to us from Jeheidi White. I don't think it's that one. Maybe a pseudonym. Silky Underscore Johnson is the title for no reason, best podcast period. I love the laid back hoop talk. This makes you feel like you're just talking hoops with a group of friends. Keep up all the great work and hard work. Thanks for the all the effort you guys put in every day, especially JD Tulip Blue Skies Blossom, Thank you, Jahati White.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that little specific shout. You like that absolutely you feel loved.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it. Thank you Silky.
Speaker 6: Rachel put in that.
Speaker 4: I like the blossom in there too. What about a Blossom reunion?
Speaker 1: Yes it's happening. I think so. Whoa, it's been rebooted.
Speaker 8: It's aboo oh oh six up to haven't heard much about Pricks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing at all.
Speaker 5: This guy is into gardening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do like that.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 5: Our next review comes to us from Big Daddy Watermelon. Okay, this is actually kind of funny? Is the title here? Always fun always funny, and very entertaining. If you're thinking this is tough to get into, there seems to be so many in jokes I don't get. Just wait it out and you'll have a whole new set to be a part of before you know it. These guys aren't pretentious and they actually know what they're talking about, making it much better automatically than ninety percent of b ball podds. I love the part this is.
Speaker 4: Tough to get into.
Speaker 5: There seems to be so many in jokes I don't get, But just wait it out. Literally, just wait a week and there'll be a whole fresh slated jokes for you to understand. Speaking of inside jokes that you may not understand, our next review comes to us from Selena Quill, titled Infectious. Here's a couple of those inside jokes, the spoon fork and trucks that self food in them. Confusion is catching on, as No Dunks promoted two other podcasts recently. I spent an entire shattered episode, wondering when it was gonna move on from the Knicks and start talking about basketball in the nineteen eighties, before realizing I meant to start Death at the wing. Five or five stars would be willing to take more podcast recommendations and muddle headedness thrown in the tagline at the end. What's better than this? Guys being dudes? Turn up love you guys awesome. You're getting four inside jokes, two podcast recommendations. That's why you gotta stick with no ducks.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the word muddle headedness now muddle had never seen it, never heard it. Is it a real word? I guess it is.
Speaker 5: I don't all thrown in your really, dog, I've got to be check your babs. Very muddleheadedness to me sounds like an elf when he starts calling people cotton headed, ninni muggins, very similar words. I don't know why, but that was our fourth review. Our last and final five star review comes from He Show five to five five stars. Y'all are nice dudes, keep it up, we will it Kicks show.
Speaker 3: A five star review. They don't need to be uh like long paragraphs. That's short and sweet to the point. Thank you so much to everybody out there dropping those five star ratings and reviews on Apple podcasts. They do sincerely help us out. Uh so, if you haven't dropped on you listen to us on Apple podcasts, please go ahead take a second and do it. Still can't do it on Spotify? Hey, what's up with that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Weird? Just weird? If you ask me, they want to handle the recommendations I know over there at Spotify rather than letting the people.
Speaker 3: But I will say count thanks to everybody that's been like tagging us on Instagram, especially like I guess Spotify had one of those recent things where like they look at all the music and podcasts you listen to and say, hey, you're a weird guy, you like the No Dunk's podcasts, and then like you could share it on social anyway, everybody was taging us, So thanks for everybody for doing that. All right, let's get too Tweet of the night, Tweet.
Speaker 4: Of the night, Wow twitt. All right, well, it's almost summertime here in the Northern Hemisphere. I guess that's some big brain stuff right there. I know it's summer in the Northern Hemisphere anyway, So people are talking about ice cream, right, yep, yeah, of course I've been looking at the Baskin Robbins near me thinking about some mint chocolate chip, which some people hate. Some people don't like mint chocolate chip at all. I get it. I understand. That brings me to tweet of the night by Andrea Nordgren, who asks what are you ordering from the ice cream truck? And then many many photos of different ice creams, including us Ungebob Bar, a Choco Taco, strawberry shortcake, a snow cone, a firecracker, screwball chip which can't go, and ice cream sandwich, push up Pops, Drumstick, Powerpuff Girls, bar, Creamsicle, m Chocolate a Claire, and a fudge pop. W Wow, it's tough. It's tough. I'll start us off. I go classic chip Witch. I love the texture on the outside. Oh yeah, baby, I hope it's not a real cheap one. But even then, I'd probably still go chip wich. I'd look at the creamsicle, Yep, I'd look at the ice cream sandwich, but chip wich. Yeah, It's just something about the multiple textures you get with the heart and the soft and I'd look at the Powerpuff girls bar and I'd say, what the hell is that? And then I'd choose a chip witch. What are you guys taking from this? Well?
Speaker 3: Love, I love that you went with this because Lee, you were like just sharing on one of your Instagram or Twitter accounts the ice cream truck. You were not happy with it.
Speaker 6: A van, yeah, that was yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The van, a didd y old thing with just the magnets on the side. No roomance anymore, you don't go up anymore. And you see the little man wearing his hat and like, you know, doing the dance. It's just got a like rough he pulls over.
Speaker 3: What do you want this?
Speaker 5: Have that.
Speaker 4: Disgustard with that ice cream dance?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but at least they used to get into it a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, and you can get into it. Well, they used to at.
Speaker 6: Least have the pop up van.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: This guy was just driving the like the rental you mean more of a truck. Yeah, this was this was just a van. This was just like someone's van. That's like, all right, this is the best i can do for the kids day.
Speaker 3: I don't care anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm just in it for the money. That's actually.
Speaker 3: It's too high. It was tough to get up there when you were small.
Speaker 6: But at least the part of the journey was going up to the truck and checking it out and seeing all the decorations on the side. This thing needed a good wash for one, ah, and it just needed a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more color.
Speaker 6: It cleaner, just clean the wheels, do something, man, Yeah, you're such a man. I just I just like a little tradition with my ice cream trucks. Okay, the game.
Speaker 3: Has changed, man, Okay, well what are you hearing?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: I like the caricature ice creams. You know, now in this particular one, you know, you've got SpongeBob or powder Puff Girls. You know, I prefer like a Scooby Doo or a Ninja Turtle something like that. So I'd be doing that, yeah, of course. Yeah, But now seeing in this particular option we have here there's none of those, I'd probably go with a creamsicle.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't mind the cream. I love a creamsicle. That's yeah, no problem with that Ring City over here, because.
Speaker 6: I look, you know, I don't know if I want to be walking around with a powder Puff Girls, but I'm just not sure. I think at least Scooby or Donatello or Leonardo whoever the Ninja Turtles is is. You know, it's fine, but it wasn't really powder Puff.
Speaker 4: I believe it's Powerpuff.
Speaker 6: Oh power Pop is it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you get, so give me the creamsicle in this case?
Speaker 3: Wow, all right, Trey, what do you picking?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm going Choco Taco if they actually have them. I will say that it's not my favorite on here, but I cannot resist when I see it. It's I don't know, it just feels like limited addition to me, because whether it be a truck, a well maintained truck with a man dancing in it, or a disgusting grown tesque man, not everyone will have a Choco Taco. But if it's there, I got to order it just because it feels it's almost like a shamrock shape to me. It's like, oh it's here, I'm gonna get it. Generally, though, I'm going Chocolate Eclaire for these ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, I mean there's you guys know, I'm picking something that has a popsicle stick so I can chew on that after doing the treat. So there's like seven options here with a stick. But I'll love a creamsicle. I like that where you guys were leaning there, I know task your sort of thinking about it, and you two Lely, I'll just keep it simple. This is summertime. Give me a firecracker, getting three different flavors in one, and I get the stick. Yeah, it's also I remember them being like, well, actually a little deceiving, right, some of them are wider than others, where I remember it being a little bit longer, so it felt like more of a treat. But give me the classic, probably the cheapest in the truck too. That dirty truck that just pulled up threw it at me, Jade, what are you picking?
Speaker 8: I'm exactly on the same page as Trey. I gotta have that chocolate, It's funny. And then second second is the chocolated Claire. I like it busy. Like Tass said, you gotta have the crunchy with the sweet and a little bit of savory with the nuts there. But yeah, Choco taco is is underrated treat.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's hear from everybody. Can't wait to see the answers. Everybody's got a strong opinion about the ice cream truck, especially Leela's apparently.
Speaker 5: Of difference there between the snowball and what was that other one called screwball. Snow cone and screwball look very similar to me, just like a slushy sort of thing. I don't know, I don't know. I've seen those, and I guess king cone and drumstick are pretty similar as well. I would say king cone over drumstick personally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, those are similar. I've never seen a screwball, but yeah, it's like the same thing to me, right just in a clear cup. People are saying.
Speaker 5: It comes with gum. It comes with gum. Then you have something from when all your friends are done, like you're sharing this gum. I don't know that's what. That's a that's crazy talk to me. You have something when all your friends are done with their ice cream two treats for one. I know you like chewing on that stick, but you're getting Wow, you're getting a nice deal here on that screwball.
Speaker 3: I just don't remember them having screwballs in the ice cream trucks in Canada. There was a couple of I don't think we had that, but I didn't know the gum option. Good to know they should do a better job of calling something else, like, I don't think gum when I think it's screwball called chewball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought alcohol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does look like the booty drink. All right, so great, let's wrap this up with a little rapid fire.
Speaker 5: Let's try and.
Speaker 3: Make its multiple guys. Come on, let's do it. JD, you've got questions today.
Speaker 1: All right, guys.
Speaker 8: Trey Young expertly trolled the crowd at MSG Wednesday night with a Reggie Miller esque bow at center court after he mailed a thirty foot basket to cap off the series. Tell us about a time you slipped into full villain mode.
Speaker 4: Tax Well, nightly, I've been reading a comic to my young girl. It's called Double Trouble. It's Spider Man versus Venom. So every night I've got to take on the role of Venom, who often uses gum to catch Spider Man. What a jerk. I mean, recently they've been living together and Spider Man will make food for the both of them. Ven will just come in and suck every noodle back and not leave Spider Man with anything. What a jerk.
Speaker 1: Huh huh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so yeah, I gotta, I gotta I pull it. Spider man, my geeky Spider Man voice is getting super geeky's. It's just kind of normal. But yeah, I've kind of been. I've been going really crazy with my venoms. It's almost Batman asks like heay, don't touch my noodles again, so.
Speaker 5: Very Peter Proker.
Speaker 4: Touch my news.
Speaker 6: Pretty much, anytime someone brings up something about New Zealand or Adelaide and Australia, I have to go into full villain mode and pick on those cities and those countries with New Zealand and just make fun of them. I have to do it. I can't not do it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Most people know I'm only joking, but not everyone does. And I get a few nasty messages from people saying, if you man, it's way cool of the development. I'm like, it's not, it's not. It's just not no. And if anyone compliments New Zealand, I just have to say, yeah, but it's still New Zealand. So you know, a lot of my key we friends know.
Speaker 3: I'm just there.
Speaker 6: It's part of the it's part of the big brother little brother sort of rivalry that we have there between Australia and New Zealand. But I can't let an opportunity, so I have to do it every single time.
Speaker 1: Hey, you got to it skates.
Speaker 3: Uh Well, I've talked about my godson before. He's six years old. He's a pretty athletic. He's into all sports like most kids are. So he's playing baseball, he's playing football now or flight football down here in the South and playing a little soccer, and you know, he thinks he's the greatest athlete of all time. So sometimes I got to really put him in his place and I just go full villain mode, especially a soccer little match we had. It was not a match where he was playing sort of like one on one just in my little uh yard here, but I just decided I had heard enough of him saying he's like the greatest soccer player ever, and I just like went full Billy Madison just destroyed him because usually you know, you're like giving up a goal or two whatever if you're playing hoops, and I was like, nah, I'm just going to crush it off your face. I like popped him in the head once with a wall. There was ten nothing. We were playing a ten ten nothing, and you know, you just got to put him in your place. But that I have full villain mode for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nothing. I love better than to bring a kid down a couple. Yeah, you have to have all right.
Speaker 8: Next one, we got a comment from Joseph in Fort Worth, Texas that simply says, I, for one dig the coaches wearing the team pullovers. Okay, I mean, I guess they're fine. It kind of reminds me of when you guys were forced to wear the mechanic shirts back in the summer league. Here they are in the stream team. You're looking at them here.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I was annoyed when it happened, but the.
Speaker 5: Look actually kind of grew on years did start looking cool.
Speaker 3: For some weird reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I just kind of like it. Now.
Speaker 8: I have a couple of my closet. I may actually wear them around this summer.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 8: Right, So tell me what's something you kind of hated at the time, but looking back, that wasn't that bad?
Speaker 1: Tass.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's a stupid answer. I used to whenever I was you know, usually it would happen I'm at a red light and I'd just be leaning on my hands or I rub my hand across my face. I noticed that there was a stray hair coming out of my nose, so I just pull it up and it hurts. It definitely hurts. Yeah, definitely. A tear may come out of the eye, but I mean last it's pretty quick, but yeah, definitely hurts. Maybe a sneeze happens. Now plug, I've got the Mandscape nose trimmer. I get in there finish the job not having to pull it out. But looking back, it wasn't that bad. You know. It's just a real, real quick two seconds of real pain and I didn't need a device to use it to get it, so cool.
Speaker 3: Answer man, do you snip it like your ear wax?
Speaker 1: Why bother.
Speaker 3: Actually dumb question, I'm sorry, dumb question.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do the wax like a full wax broom?
Speaker 4: Have you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Of course, Scott. I love it. It fry your tears.
Speaker 8: Tears, Yeah, and I get usually I get Jackson or Lincoln to do it at both at the same time too.
Speaker 1: Boom plugger. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Should have to do that one of my payoffs, because I don't want to do that and.
Speaker 5: That will hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you and you owe too, so one for each nostril.
Speaker 3: Right wo I didn't think of that. Hold on.
Speaker 5: I'm curious how you get the wax in your nose, Like, are.
Speaker 1: You just pouring up your nose?
Speaker 8: Now, there's an applicator. It's uh, you buy a kit and it's a it's got a it's it's pretty cool actually, and then you it's like hot wax. It has to be a specific texture and temperature and you just put it up there and you leave it there for ninety seconds and then you yank it wax hot wax?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Could?
Speaker 3: I would it be like dangerous if as a pick and payoff during one of these shows, I put it in at the start of the show and it has to stay there for the entire show, and then at the end I rip.
Speaker 1: It out or I would. I wouldn't advise it.
Speaker 8: I think that you need to sort of do it beforehand because it turns rock.
Speaker 3: Hard, so it would like skin from the side. Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know for sure, but I would suspect would.
Speaker 6: It's just I know from when that lady did the waxing of my chest on the show that it was sort of a piece by piece thing. You put it on and then rip it off pretty much say letting it stick around.
Speaker 8: So yeah, and you wait the nightmare scenario. You got to use the applicator because if you use like a cue tip or something where the stick can rip off and then leave all that wax in there, then you're not getting it out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't like the sound of this at all. Yeah, and then we gotta do exactly, Yeah, we'll do We'll do something.
Speaker 6: What's your Yeah, I thought, say it's a bit anyway. Yeah, you guys know, I've got a lot of photos off and one of them I didn't like. You know, I sort of kept it hidden, But now talking about it, Claires and ice cream, I still think this is the best a Claire that I had. It was from I think was in Syria and here it is there like.
Speaker 1: A totally photo shout.
Speaker 5: Was not a real.
Speaker 3: What the hell was the question?
Speaker 6: Again, something that you didn't like at the time, but you don't mind it now, And that was that was one that I've kept hidden for a while.
Speaker 4: But it's You've never looked more Australian. I know, absolutely, I know.
Speaker 6: I know it's about six hundred degrees out there at the time, but.
Speaker 4: Are you wearing two shirts?
Speaker 6: No, it's not it's it's it looks like two shirts, but it's a fake undershirt.
Speaker 3: You can see how sweaty I shot. I'm not sure what are you wearing? A dicky shut it.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm with you, gend Almost every part of that looks fake, like the hat, leave's face, the Claire in the background, like this is a composite image made by a Russian. Both makes and make something that looks like an Australian eating in a Claire in Syria. You're plugging into some kind of program and this is.
Speaker 6: When comes up, Oh my goods, Yeah, you like that in the collection, So you know you just gotta find a reason to shoe hoole them into the.
Speaker 3: Show like today.
Speaker 1: So what are you saying you didn't like the Claire?
Speaker 6: Well, I like, I like the Claires, just the photo I've kept eating. I was like, and I know if I want to put that one out there, But then I thought, why not put it out there?
Speaker 3: It's fun?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You just have a whole segment where we go, all right, show us an old photo show.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: My answer to this is stairs because when I used to live at Bass Lofts, I lived on the third story. Uh, you know, no elevator. You had to walk up all of these stair isn't it. You know at times you're like, oh god, you're exhausted, groceries anything like that. You know, you get annoyed with it, uh, you know, honestly. Then I moved into the new house. We barely have any stairs all one level. It's like, you know, stairs to go down my backyard. That's it. But I miss him because you know, stairs like just a sneaky good workout every time, like going up and down those all the time.
Speaker 5: You've lost your dumper completely. Man, Yeah, no booty anymore.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: Man, I started doing some stairs. You just go up and down your stairs in the back one hundred times a day.
Speaker 3: Get that as five of them. So yeah, I missed those three stories. But yeah, only looking back, I guess it wasn't that bad. Yeah, I enjoy it. And I like to take stairs quickly too, like to run upstairs two at a time, sometimes three if I'm feeling uh you know, frisky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're better off with that. The stairs. Pain has no memory, man, pain has no matter. It's true, all right.
Speaker 8: Last one, Lucky the Leprechaun had a pretty bad week. First he got.
Speaker 1: Stomped on by Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 8: Then, to add insult to injury, he didn't even make Tray's Top five Leprechauns, which I think we're still waiting for. But still he's not on the list. Tell us a that a time. I'm your luck finally ran out tasks.
Speaker 4: Well, I was lucky to never get chicken pox as a kid, never had it. Then in my twenties my niece had it, and so I asked a doctor should I get the chicken pox? Should I, actually, you know, go rub cheeks with her and get her chicken pox? He said, no, you idiots, just try not to get them. But I saw her mother, my sister in law, get them at about the age of forty. She got it. Well, my niece got it and it was not a good experience. So I was saying to the doc, you know you're the doctor here, but I might want to get it now because in my thirties went to Europe. Actually I came back it was like twelve days later. I'd done ten days of insanity with my boy Chawnte, was feeling great. Then all of a sudden I come down with the chicken pox. Now, why did I mention that Europe trip. I'm pretty sure I contracted it somewhere on the plane somewhere. It takes fourteen days up to fourteen days as an incubation period, So I got the chicken box. Was not fun, but it wasn't too too bad. I'm sure a lot of people got it worse, but it was not not super duper fun. In twenty fourteen, the year.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, I was gonna say, luckily it was the right Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: It was kind of the off season we were doing. I was I was zooming in for meetings at the time, so my face was my ugly face was on your computers, but we didn't. It was like it was lucky.
Speaker 1: You did not look comfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was like September October, luckily, so it wasn't peak television time for us. But yeah, those were the NBA TV days. Yeah, when we weren't doing too many previews. So yeah, I was lucky. But you know, it didn't work out too well, I guess. But yeah, but now you can go without getting chicken pox at all until.
Speaker 3: Oh really, I was going to ask you if your kids had them tests.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know that vaccine for it.
Speaker 3: Now I think, wow for chicken pox.
Speaker 1: Crazy Yeah, Leally.
Speaker 6: So you guys know that Singapore Airport is my favorite. Airports is so clean, and that the reason I like it is because I never in my thirty nine years had taken a dump on an aeroplane. But I went to Europe to one year, and the night before I flew back to Atlanta, I went out for a huge dinner of chicken curry and probably five to ten pints of guinness. And the next day, before we'd even taken off that virgin Atlantic aircraft, I could I was looking at a nine hour flight across the Atlantic. I was like, there is jazz.
Speaker 1: No way in the world.
Speaker 4: No more.
Speaker 6: So the thirty nine year streak was broken, was ended by chicken curry and guinness.
Speaker 3: But you know, st start peeding this picture like you peed.
Speaker 6: The thing was though I got in there before the flight took off, not the end of the flight, so it was probably as clean and hygienic as possible.
Speaker 5: But oh good, Yeah, you just had another nine hours fly.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to follow these two guys so very simply. Alane, I had in an apartment. Definitely a classic. Yeah, I was in Toronto, like a free cable television was like still hooked up, it still worked, and it was like, oh, this is great. You know, no one wants to pay for television, nobody. It's awesome when you get it free. And uh, eventually that luck ran out just one day. It just stops working and you're like what why, Like how did they figure it out? How did they know to cut that wire that service? But we had it for a while there. I think it was when we were living on Major Street, if I remember correctly. So that's my answer. Not as exciting as Lee's taking a dump in an airplane.
Speaker 8: Never is though, And back then it was literally that person opens the box and literally just I guess we forgot to unplug that cable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now it's a click of the computer for sure, you're right. Yeah, yeah, a little different then, But that's my answer, And that's rapid fire. Was it fast? Not really? But it was fun, wasn't it. Guys? Thank you so much for joining us here for a very long edition of the Drop podcast. But we had a lot to talk about those games last night and setting up the second round series. We got one game on tonight. Just quickly around the horn, Trey. Task, Then, Lee, do the Mavericks close this out on Friday night? Or are we going to game seven baby on the weekend. What do you think, Trey?
Speaker 5: I think the Mavericks should win this game, but I'm picking the Clippers to win it because I would love to see a Hobo sweep skeatsy if I want to see the road team win every single game, So I will officially pick the Clippers.
Speaker 4: Task.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think it's over, ladies and gentlemen. Just having watched the way the Blazers rolled from Game five to Game six, same with the Lakers Game five, Game six, I think the SAME's going to happen. I think the life is out of the Clippers a little bit.
Speaker 6: Lee, MAVs please just end it.
Speaker 3: I mean, at this point, with the teams we have in the second round already in the West, I really want the Mavericks to win. I want Luca in there. I tweeted this last night. Mitchell twenty four, Luca twenty two, Booker twenty four, yolkis twenty six. My god, Like, that's just the West, you know, because then you can get into Trey young what he's doing. Even Giannis is still fairly young, Ben Simmons and all that. But yeah, I think I'll be I think, like most people will be cheering for Luka Dantchen the MAVs to win Game six. But at the very least we'll have a Game seven on the weekend if the Clippers continue the the Hobo sweep possibilities here, So we'll see that game's on tonight. Sort of getting into like a one game a night thing here. We got one game on tonight, got one game on Saturday, possibly one on Sunday, depending on what happens in that Mavericks Clippers series tonight, and then Monday night we know the Suns and Nuggets are playing. Anyway, we'll be back on Monday to break it all down. Thanks so much for joining us show to the stream team. Please leave your five star ratings and review on Apple Podcasts. Subscribe to us. Note on subscribe excuse me to no dunks on YouTube and send in your question no dunks at the Athletic dot Com. All right, guys, we'll see you this weekend. Actually, hey, Lee, you bought some weird slipping slide that we're.
Speaker 6: All gonna go j yeah tomorrow. Uh well, I'm gonna call him my body Grisi's house because uh yeah, that's where we're going.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Hey, order an ice cream truck late.
Speaker 4: I'd be white, all white.
Speaker 3: I can't trust him.
Speaker 6: I that won that dude. Y'all think Tony.
Speaker 3: I'm all right, all right, Clipper bros.
Speaker 5: You heard it here first. Have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us, and remember, in the words of Hootski here on the stream team, whoa, we're still live. A couple of minutes ago, he tweeted, Yes, we do every show live, all the way from the front of the back of this nearly two hour episode. Thanks for sticking with us and thanks for coming back. Hootski.
Speaker 3: Embrace the weekend people.
Speaker 1: You stay every day.
Speaker 3: Happy.
Speaker 5: It's been so long with.
Speaker 3: Wainfall.
Speaker 4: It's happened already. It's gonna be grippy.