Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod meets Twirl, the Dancing with the Stars recap hosted by two guys who can't dance, don't want to dance, and have now seen an entire season of Dancing with the Stars. Since our best friend Danielle joined the cast for season thirty four, we were all in. We are Wilfred Ellen Ryder Strong aka the two dudes standing next to Tapanga aka daniel Fishal's backup aka the dan Yettes Hi Will Daniete, Hi Rider Dan Yete. How are you feeling, I'm sick.
Speaker 2: I feel fine again? So yeah, how are you feeling? Are you shocked?
Speaker 1: Shocked?
Speaker 2: Just like to the core right the guy we thought that was going to win for the whole season?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and pretty much from episode one on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, run no, you.
Speaker 1: Know what really, I'm I'm kind of exhausted me too. That was a long finale. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: I went from finale to finally.
Speaker 1: I don't want to belabor the point, much like this episode belabored the finale, but it was really a lot. I feel like could have been a two hour episode, and I don't disagree. I'm not sure if the instant Dance was the most successful. I mean what do they normally do. Do they normally do a three hour finale like that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I Also, here's the thing I didn't get about the instant dance because they said you could pick from four dances, and then they all practiced the four dances, right, So the only thing that you didn't know was your music, which again obviously has a huge part of the thing. And I know you have to choreograph it to the music, but it's not like they're just I feel like the on stage, if it's an instant dance, they should walk in with cards. You should pull a card and it goes, oh my god, I'm dancing the foxtrot to this go.
Speaker 1: Well, but what we figured because we started talking through because I was watching with Alex and India and my parents, and we were like, oh, they needed to know because they cut the package based on which dance they had picked, so they talked about a four of them exactly, so they would talk about Yeah, so they talked about I hope you get the fox Trot, I hope you don't get the fox Trot, and then they edited that because they had picked it ahead of time. Yeah, it was weird. I mean, I was nervous for them, which is kind of a good feeling maybe, so like, yeah, it was dramatic. But then when it was all said and done, I was like, well, they're just giving tens a lane got nine, which was a bummer because it was like everybody else is just getting up, you know, a thumbs up, basically like you did it, You did this crazy hard thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's more with this night was about. Was more like congratulations to everybody. Here's an adaboy to everybody for the journey you had. Is essentially what I think what the entire night was about, because there were no real surprises. Now, let me ask you this, because obviously it's no secret everybody knows Robert One by this point deserving. You think he deserved to win.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm the wrong person to ask for some reason, I've just not been on the Robert train. Really. Just yeah, it's not you know what it is. Maybe it's because it seemed inevitable, so I'm just I'm just the guy who's always going to take the other side. Maybe, but also I don't know, there's he just I like the depth of other people's journey, like a little bit more, which is maybe unfair because he has had just as big of a journey, I get, but I didn't know who he was at all, you know, and so it felt like it felt like he was already dancing with the Stars Royalty. Yes, it felt like he just did the journey and that he had like already started at eleven. And so that just felt a little different than everybody else who kind of came at it with a I don't know, for me, a little bit more of an out status. But yeah, that's so I don't know. I really by the end of this episode, I wanted Dylan to win.
Speaker 2: Oh Dylan really? Oh see, to me, I thought the person who to me, Alex Roberts started at eleven and to me he ended tonight at like a nine or a ten, whereas to me Alex started at seven and ended out of ten.
Speaker 1: She I totally agree with that everything.
Speaker 2: And so the I I get deserves the wrong word, because of course, any of them deserve to win, because they've all worked their butts off from beginning to end. But the one I wanted to win by the end was Alex. It's like, you got to see the like cause when they're showing where she started to where she ended. It's she went from being a kind of a scared twenty two year old, which Robert is too, but didn't certainly start in that position to then you know, we were there that first night and there we walked away going God, Robert R Man. That was it. It was like, what about that girl with the bullwhip, Like that's kind of what we were doing, right And then now she finished, When she finished that freestyle dance, I was like, oh, that could have been in the super Bowl, Like that was totally that was amazing. So when it came down to the two of them and I soon and I both said the same thing, We're happy for whoever won. Really, by the time Danielle was gone, we weren't really rooting for anybody. So it was kind of like we knew Robert was going to win. But I was like, hey, and also, here's the other thing. And I do this a lot of times with some of the other like cooking reality shows I do and stuff like that that I like to watch. I don't know what they're basing it on. So if they're basing it on the entire season, then certainly Robert deserves to win. He started at an A and he ended at an A. If they're doing the journey and then the finale, just the finale. She won tonight she won, so I mean, and she even won on the judges scorecards. I mean, she literally won. So it was she was by herself at the top with three perfect dance scores. So you know, I'm happy he won. That's great. The guy who we thought was gonna win for ten weeks ended up winning. That's great.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was pulling for her by that second dance. I was like, oh my god, that's wow. She's a different human being. So I was. I was really pulling for her by that point.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, I mean, they were all so good. That's why this finale felt a little long to me, probably because it was like, well, we're all great here, like really, I just wanted to see their freestyle more than anything. Yeah, and I felt like it was really fun. By that time, I was so darn tired. I would love to have I would have loved to just let them go a little like that. The entire finale, it's just been like, hey, you get to do whatever you want to do to convince the audience that you're the person and to you know, win the judge's highest scores, Like I just putting them through the ringer of this like instant dance thing. And then even even the opening where you know they're having to dance something that they don't get to pick. I was a little like, why are we doing this to them? They've been through so much.
Speaker 2: I also have to I have to ask, Uh, here's the other thing is watching the show. They're cutting together all these pactes. Let's let us let us show you the journey so far. Yeah, they barely showed Danielle. I mean like they were they never cut to her in like any of the any of the stuff. It was unbelievable how little they showed Danielle tonight, Yeah, which I found odd. Again, I don't think it's anything personal. I don't know what the hell's going, but it was just I found it weird where it was like they kept cutting It's like and now Wicked Night, and I'm like, oh, that was a great one for didn't cut her at all.
Speaker 1: They're, oh, well, Halloween, I didn't. I definitely noticed that they didn't show Yeah, I definitely noticed that they did. Because her breakout dance was Argentina and tango right Halloween.
Speaker 2: No, Halloween was the Bride, The Bride one with the blood.
Speaker 1: I was also really good. It was showed at all. No, they showed everybody else the Argentine tango. That was Wicked Night. Oh my god, I've already forgotten.
Speaker 2: Yes, season, Well it's not Dedication, that was Feenie, it's not Halloween. Yeah, I think it was must have been Wicked Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you're right. I didn't. I didn't quite notice that, But now that.
Speaker 2: You did, I'm like, really, you're cutting everybody else and cut back to Zach Effron at one point, like, really, he's not even there.
Speaker 1: Remember what the hell we got to see Alec Baldwin walking around? We did Disneyland a little bit.
Speaker 2: We did and everybody came back.
Speaker 1: You know who who did get more of the eliminated people who got most of the I mean they were all kind.
Speaker 2: Of Andy Andy got a lot he did. And again, there's nothing wrong with that. It's just once again, I'm like, why what is it about Danielle that they're hesitant to show? And it's just I didn't know what. I didn't understand what it was. If you go back and watch it, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: But well, we started with an opening number that included all the eliminated celebrities and the pros, which was nice to see everybody and be like, God, we've been through a lot. Yeah, that's right. Corey Feldman was on this show. Yeah, it's only been ten weeks or ever, but it feels like a lifetime.
Speaker 2: It feels like a lifetime.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah. No, that was cool to see everybody and yeah, I mean that was the feeling of this whole all the and then they did their like flashback packages later on. I was like, oh my god, this is Yeah, this has been quite a journey, and it.
Speaker 2: Feels a lot longer. Imagine if had we actually danced, Oh it would have been would have felt probably almost twice as long had we actually danced.
Speaker 1: I mean, are these people going to sleep now or do you think they're just gonna wake up tomorrow and be like, gotta dance again, Gotta just keep it going.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing they're talking about is they keep announcing them on Good Morning America. I'm hoping that's by Zoom and they're not going to now hop on a plane and fly to New York and actually be at the Good Morning America studio tomorrow because that's insane. So it's uh, yeah, we'll see. But that's a lot going on. It's in person. According to Easton, they're copping on a plane and flying to New York. Okay, that's yikes, same, yikes. Okay, they're gonna finish with the press line in what two hours from now, probably take a midnight flight, get their five what's on? That'll be three am there time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Yet another reason why I will never do Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Forget that black Lotus card. Just chuck chuck it in the drain at this point.
Speaker 1: All right, So we began our first of three dances that everybody was doing tonight was judge's choice. Alex and Val started us off. We got a little recap of the season that they've had, and then their judge was Carrie Anne got to come in and choose the samba. Thought this was really cool to see the judges interacting with the dancers and the pros. I you know, like I kind of wish there'd been more of this. I don't know how, but like I feel like the feedback of the judges it feels distanced from the dancers often, you know, and it feels like there's like a lot of fast potential drama for like misinterpretation or like, you know, throughout the season like oh, you know, Carrie Anne having to apologize to Danielle, and I'm like, you know, a lot of this could be avoided if they actually got together a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: You know, it's such a machine that I feel like the judges are on one side and the dancers on the other. And I guess that's intentional so they can be more objective, but it's not that much of an objective thing. It seems like it's a very personal human thing to be a judge and to be a dancer.
Speaker 2: So it's also I mean, you get thirty what thirty seconds to talk about what you think of the dancer exactly then and then hold up a paddle. I mean, that's it. So it seems like the more interaction the better. Franklin, right, I agree, I agree, hundred percent. It was. It was great to watch them.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, these two came out with the samba and uh, big fan of those pants, the greatest pants, the greatest pants today. But because there have been a couple dancers who have worn a version. Danielle did it one one night or maybe even two nights, and it's just they're great.
Speaker 2: They're great, great.
Speaker 1: Way we need Sama pants always a winner.
Speaker 2: Always you and I need. We don't get a match.
Speaker 1: I just don't think anybody cares about me and Samba pants, but I care about you and pants.
Speaker 2: So it's ex funny about three board app pary board Samba Pants edition of it Appa my comfy pants.
Speaker 1: I'll wear him at home on my couch. I'll never dance on them, but if you buy me a pair of or.
Speaker 2: Move to Neville, that's all you can do with those.
Speaker 1: Now you know, it's again me for Christmas, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: I fants this was tens across the board, absolutely no surprise. You know, I'm with you man like he is probably the best male dancer of the pros and a great choreographer. And she is just just phenomenal. I mean, she's just made for this. It's like, yeah, you're a dancer now, like, so be a professional dancer, which is another thought I had, like where do you go from here? Like, let's say you you are because it seems like Jordan really wants to try and make a career out of being an entertainer or a dancer, and it seems like Alex is destined to be something. But what what what happens after this? Like has anybody gone from the celebrity side to being a pro on Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Has anybody gone from the celebrity side to being a professional dancer in like a capacity beyond Dancing with the Stars, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had to google the guy that won last year because even when he came out and danced again their podcast, so was I still didn't know who he was?
Speaker 1: Who is he was on The Bachelor? Oh? Okay, and again stuff.
Speaker 2: We don't watch. I was like, who's this? Who's this guy? So, yeah, I don't. I don't know who's become a profession I doubt it. I'm sure people still like to dance or you're like Whitney where you just go back to being a professional dancer essentially, So yeah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was a question I asked myself and then I was sort of like a little sad because I was kind of like, is there a professional dancing career that is better than being on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Like no, maybe Broadway, I don't know. I mean you get some big Broadway show you're Inhambament or something like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but then you also have to be able to sing and act, right, Like I'm wondering, like if you're just a really great dancer like Alex right, like she's coming out of here by the pinnacle, right, this is the pinnacle, That's what I'm saying. It's like, weirdly, it's almost like whether you win the Mirror Ball or not, you've already reached the pinnacle. Because if you're a dancer for Taylor Swift right, which jan was right, or yeah, it's like does anybody really know who you are? I mean, I'm sure it's a great job and if you love but regular people, I feel like, really, to be a famous dancer these days, you kind of got to be on Dance with this stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I think a lot of times I think mostly what it is is that's the other thing is dance is so it's such a team sport that Dancing with the Stars is one of the few places where you are singled out as a dancer it's like this, I can name ten dancers in my entire life, and all ten of them are the pros from Dancing with the Stars. Like I don't know any other dancers. So it's like, those are the dancers that I know, are the ones I'm Dancing with the Stars. So, you know, I used to know Barrishnikoff. I used to used to know the big names, Gregory Hines, he used to know like like names like that. But then nobody, you know, Donald Glover for a while. I mean, there were certain certain people that would pop out as dancers, but then it was like nobody. And now it's like, oh, I know the names of ten dancers, and that's totally because of Dancing with the Stars. So yeah, my guess is you're right. This is like the super Bowl or the major leagues is Dancing with the Stars. I have a question for you, way, I have an overall question for you. Do you think anybody came into the show tonight that the dance, whatever dance they did, could have beaten Robert? Meaning was it a foregoneclusion that Robert was going to win and no matter what happened, yes, it wasn't going to change that.
Speaker 1: I think that's pretty obvious, because like, I really think Dylan gave the best dance of the season for me. Dylan and Daniella went their freestyle the freestyle it was, and then I thought Jordan's freestyle was insane, and like, I just I just don't think it mattered, you know, I mean, they got tens, but at this point it was like the audience was just so in love with Robert and.
Speaker 2: So and again, and I thought this was frankly Robert's weakest dancing night.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I also feel like it's been that way a little bit for he sort of stayed like you were saying, like he just came in an A and stayed in A.
Speaker 2: But I feel like he went from like an A to maybe like an A minus. I feel like somebody like Alex came in like a B minus and ended in a plus.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't It all depends on what you want to vote for, what kind of journey you want to vote for. They're both deserving obviously, but right, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Then we got our season flashback Part one, which, like A said, was a whirlwind of like, oh wow, we've we've consumed a lot of content yeah, this podcast. Man, can you imagine dancing Jesus so much? You get another cup of tea? All right? Then Dylan and Daniella and Bruno came in and gave them the Postle Doble, which I was very excited about. The second that came out.
Speaker 2: I was like, Rider's gonna love this, one of my.
Speaker 1: Two favorites, and thought it was a great call, great call, but actually not the most amazing dance.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the most amazing dance. I felt him very stiff in this, like there was there was no flow to this one. I felt like it was just a little and again he's probably nervous as hell and all, but I felt like this one was a little bit stiff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, But I also think if this had been any other week, it would have stood out exactly. But the fact that it's the finale and everybody's so damn good, there was a little bit of like, wow, okay, yeah you did. You did apostle doblay really well.
Speaker 2: You're also coming off of Alex who I mean that opening number was like, man, it was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So they got nine to nine and ten, which I thought was pretty accurate. I agree. Then we saw Corey, Jenna and Baron and Britt perform.
Speaker 2: Nice to see everybody back.
Speaker 1: Nice to see everybody back, see everybody back, and be like, oh right, they were on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you kind of forget that. It doesn't seem like a lifetime ago. At the start of the show. We were there that opening night. It seems like forever ago.
Speaker 1: And then Elaine and Allen told the story of her season, her injury, all the ups and downs, and they got the rumba.
Speaker 2: Have we seen a rumba?
Speaker 1: I feel like I would remember that because it's a fun you remember, it's a fun name. I remember. I actually don't know what a rumba looks like, even after I could describe it. You know, I actually thought this was a fantastic dance.
Speaker 2: I thought she did really well tonight.
Speaker 1: Frankly, I thought, well, but I thought, you know this, yeah, this one, it didn't seem as as hard as some of the other dances. But also that's not always the thing, right, Like, sometimes it's just about nailing the dance technically, and you know, based on the scores they got, it seems like they did that.
Speaker 2: Two people that are hugely athletic that are in their twenties that went first, I know. And so it's one of those things where you'd love to she killed it, but you don't. You don't ever want to couch that by being like for her age, because she just killed it. But you can do only so much at fifty four that you you could do a lot more in twenty two physically than you can have fifty.
Speaker 1: Well, did you notice that the the finale, like the results went basically by age. Yeah? No, I didn't. Oh no, I thought you meant the way we were expecting, the way they eliminated people at the end was in order of their age. I think pretty exactly. Yeah, it's like, okay, right, the two youngest people, yeah, who were like both twenty two or twenty three. I mean, she don't know how old Jordan is. She's pretty close to that too.
Speaker 2: She's she's she's older than that, isn't she twenty eight nine? I don't either know. She's also in phenomenal shape though, so you're in a different category when you're literally a world elite. She's twenty four okay, yeah, same age and a world elite athlete, So I mean you're you know, she'll be able to do everything she did tonight ten years from now, right, because it's just that's she's trained her whole life, all right.
Speaker 1: So I also I like the song take My breath Away. I thought it was nice interpretation of this song, like, yeah, it was, it was, it was. It was a sweet moment.
Speaker 2: Have you gone and seen them play Berlin play right in the street all the time? Terry Night, Terry Nun's friend, she's been to the house dinner wonderful. What. Yeah, she's a good friend of Jeff Sherman's, like one of Jeff Sherman's best friends. So they all came over a couple times. We had some dinner. We went to go see your concert, Terry Nunna Take My breath Away, Top Gun, Come on, I had no idea. So I learned about French kissing.
Speaker 1: For watching Top Gun Top Gun.
Speaker 2: Remember they're both in silhouette and you just see their tongues going at it. It's just tongues in the moonlight. Yeah, And we were.
Speaker 1: Like, that's what French kissing is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got I know what to do exactly, all right.
Speaker 1: Then we got a performance by Brandon Lauren, Laria glob Scott, Riley and Jen and Jan and some more season flashbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very limber us.
Speaker 1: We were here, lots of that. Yeah, And Robert and Whitney came out, so Derek came to the rehearsal, told them they're doing the quick step, and then we learned about Robert's injury, which is news. Guy was having some kind of like rib trauma. Oh my god, maybe that helped him too, you know, maybe that's story.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's at a little zest and a little a little drama, a little bit of edge, but it also okay, oh my god, it's so much, so much for this and I'm not saying, not saying that this is what has happened at all at all, So please don't come for me. But if you announced before the Big Three Dances that you're slightly injured, it gives you a kind of an excuse for not being awesome in the finale.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: So not saying that he wasn't injured, not at all, not saying that, but it's kind of like, hey, if I do bad tonight, there's a reason yep. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, we'll just trust that he was in a lot of pain and.
Speaker 2: Sure, and for being in a lot of pain, did great. This This was not a ten dance. He bobbled several things, and so it was one of those things where it's like I still don't get some of the scoring because and I get tonight it's just supposed to be special. But if the tights supposed to be special, then just give everybody tens across the board and forget it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. That's why I think it should have just been a free for all. It's like, hey, everybody gets to do whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're not scoring tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or we're gonna score, but you know, we're not going to assign you and like a difficult we're not going to create a difficult project for ever. I mean, making them do that instant dance thing felt so painful. It was just like, oh my god, was getting dressed too.
Speaker 2: Like it's like the what is it the Grand Prix wherever it is where you have to run to your car first and start it. You can't just start them in the cars and drive around the around the thing. So yeah, it did it seem like a lot, but he had several noticeable bobbles, which again injury or fatigue for whatever. But if that's the case, how do you say that's a ten? A ten means perfect, A ten means you can't have done it any better than that. So I frankly I agreed with Carrie Anne and this one that to me, this.
Speaker 3: Was a nine.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm with you, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we got Danielle and Pasha, Andy and Emma and Whitney and Mark doing a performance, which is nice to see. It was Danielle. I wonder how much she's still been rehearsing. Actually just this week, I think, right, I just came back for one more week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they went, you know, because they had everybody else still had to rehearse for the show. So she came in and just did I think this last? I think? I know, we haven't spoken hery more. It's like we don't even know the girl. And she's on my list right now anyway, so why, oh dude. She put up on her Instagram tonight she's following around one of the dancers with the patent paper and the caption is taking notes on the funniest person I've ever met. Oh yeah, So Danielle's on my list, totally on my list and rightful Lisa.
Speaker 1: So was she talking about?
Speaker 2: I think it was Yan, but I don't care who she was talking about. It was, Yeah, Easton says, yeah it was Yon.
Speaker 1: So yeah, funniest person.
Speaker 2: Can you here? You want to hear? Well, I'll tell you how funny I am. Watch this ready, knock knock, who's there? I'm funnier than Yon. There you go, Thank you very much. Never met the guy, by the way, and I know I am. He can dance me under the floor, but I'll dad joke him six feet under, So don't even don't even start with me. So, yeah, Danielle's on my list for the record, I don't care.
Speaker 1: How would you What would be the thing that Danielle would tweet that would make me upset? She was walking around, falling around the blankest person, the most miserable, the most lovely person I've ever met. Yeah, following around the following around, the most person I've ever made, the best screenwrider, something like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she went out of her way. That was a personal view at me, is what? So? Uh, Yeah, she's get our other podcast, big old muffin Basket from her, and it better be funny, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jordan and Ezra were next. Uh Carrie Anne gave them the Bustle double. So I was excited for this.
Speaker 2: You are you got a couple of Doe Blays tonight, Yeah, double do blaze.
Speaker 1: You know, I thought this was a really this like only highlighted how much like I felt like Dylan's Positve Doblay did not live up to a great because this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a sandwich between two great dances.
Speaker 1: Yes, but this was insane. And it's also cool because I always based on what we've seen before, like I always think of the passable as more of like the guy's dance. Well, it's supposed to be, right, don't they say that she's the Cape?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the matter and she's the Cape. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, Jordan just killed this dance. I was like, damn Cape. I could not believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then, like I mean with the carryade thing, she gave her a nine. It's like you picked it?
Speaker 2: How is that a nine?
Speaker 1: But also it seems like everybody who who went in and worked with them they gave them ten. Yeah, And it was like She's like, this was incredible, this was amazing. You were a little a little off right, here, so I'm going to give you a nine exactly.
Speaker 2: It was unfortunately the dance choice for you nine, Like, wait.
Speaker 1: Whoever chose apostle Dobles should be shot at nine?
Speaker 2: Nine? I don't know how that was not three tests?
Speaker 1: That was yeah, that was like to me, I was like, come on, this is maybe the best possile Dobley we've seen this season.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I think I still think Alex and Valves was just.
Speaker 1: I know, I said it, I said it, I take it back, okay.
Speaker 2: Unlike Danielle and Who's funny just.
Speaker 1: Gonna live with this? Next up, Alex and val doing this instant dance thing, which man, I saw the rules, I didn't. I didn't quite understand what they were doing. And then I was like, this seems really unfair for the men.
Speaker 2: Because why would you say.
Speaker 1: That because they have to lead.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess that's true.
Speaker 1: Whereas if you're following a pro who probably knows you know, fifteen different like cha chaw moves just off the top of their head, and you've only been doing this for eight weeks or ten weeks or whatever, like, it just seemed unfair because like they like the women can can be sort of cued by the physicality of the men, right, like true, yeah, push them here, pulled them in, and I think somebody even said I think carry on. One of the judges actually pointed it out because I was like, I was worried when it came to Dylan. I was like, oh God, this is gonna be hard. But actually they were amazing. We'll get to that. But so alex en Val did their instant dance. Watching them run off to pick their outfits and go behind it, it was like, oh my god, dressed. Yeah, just gonna show them in their their robes. Yeah, And it stressed me out. Made me think of like having to quick change on our sets, yes, before we went out for the next scene while the audience is waiting.
Speaker 2: It just seems like they like they're trying to add one more layer of drama that wasn't necessary, Like now you got to run and get dre And it's like, as Dylan was running for his clothes, I was like, dude, just stay in your tidy whities, just do that and go dance, like just go so the whole just running for the I thought, and then and then getting dressed in the where you see the silhouette of the person getting changed. It was all just it was so unnecessarily theatrical.
Speaker 1: I think. And I also think that what you said earlier is really app that all they did is really they just had to rehearse four different dances, like so.
Speaker 2: Basically a song I didn't know, which can't be easy, obviously, but it's not like you didn't know what you were gonna do when you couldn't rehearse it, and they give it to you right there on the dance floor, like, hey, guys, we're between the fifteen dances that are out there. We're gonna pick one for you on the spot. While you're there, start a song, go yeah you know which? And again I don't even know, as somebody who is a total neophyte to this, I don't know if that's even possible pro on pro right. I mean, if you put two pros together and you go, pasa doblay right now, press a button the music starts, are they gonna go out and kill it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, but that's what was interesting, because the judges were kind of reacting as if they wouldn't know what to do, right. They were like, right, we don't know what this is. We don't really know how to judge this, but that was great. What you did with this weird assignment was cool the first time they've done it, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, and work out the tweaks maybe, yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: I think what I would do is I would do you're allowed to rehearse what dances you are, but the dance floor opens up and there's something deep underneath that can kill you. So it's either a pit of snakes or spikes. It's fire, just.
Speaker 1: Just a crocodiles crocodile.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, it's a fox trot over fire, or you know, a tango over tangle vines like that kind of thing, like fun with it, right.
Speaker 1: Or even if it was more expressive, right, like you had to do a dance based on this prop or this theme, like you know, I don't know, yeah there was something.
Speaker 2: Or you have to switch your partner for this one dance and you have to go with a different pro or something like that, like it's it's an instant tango with somebody you've never danced with before, like something like that. I know, But that's kind of the point is maybe it wouldn't be who knows, again it's I know they're trying to make it more, but you're right, it's like they have to. Hey, here's the four possibilities. So we're going to rehearse four things and we'll see which one gets picked.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, they gave him tens across the board, which I was like, okay, are we just going to give tens to everybody? Which pretty much pretty much what they did. Yeah, and then Dylan and Daniella. Wow. Like I said, I was nervous for him because I was like, this seems like he's got to lead this. Can he do this fox trot? I don't even remember what a fox trot is? But this was incredible?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ye, And like watching the judges react, I was like, Okay, I'm not crazy. This was really good, which is one of his.
Speaker 2: I think the best dance he's ever done. And that's saying something because there's he's done some other really good ones, but this was just talk about in the clutch and pulling it out when you need it, you know, I mean, it was great.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it goes to show that he's always been his worst enemy, you know, like which he talks about. You know, he's like I came in here thinking I can't do this and I've got to just make him laugh or figure out how to and when he trusts himself or just gets out of his head, he's a great dancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really is good.
Speaker 1: And he's got the best partner in the game, I think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was so good.
Speaker 2: She's really phenomenal.
Speaker 1: And the ten's across the board.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then Elaine and Alan they got the uh the quick step, which quick step is a weird dance. I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, it's not my favorite. Quick Step and jive are not my favorite dances. No, just they aren't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was okay. You could feel that they didn't know quite what they were doing. She definitely had some missteps, but it's hard to fault them. I'm like, what do we expect from these people? Yeah? So yeah, they ended up getting nines, which was the only Yeah, non ten given for.
Speaker 2: This whole Probably probably fair, but it's still like, I still don't get the judging and I never went on anything.
Speaker 1: Ye, Robert Irwin and Whitney came out. They got the chat cham again injury potential reference. Yeah, is this guy gonna be okay?
Speaker 2: Is this the one where they end where he's holding her flat.
Speaker 1: No, this is this is where he ripped open his shirt right coming, we already see the one where he's holding her flat or is that the end? No, that's next. I think that's okay freestyle. I think that was during the freestyle.
Speaker 2: Because that seemed like a direct ripoff of Danielle's move.
Speaker 1: Okay, but no, I thought when he ripped his shirt open, I was like, Oh, we're really just pulling out all the stops.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, do what you gotta do. Bro. I love that you're right at the end.
Speaker 1: Like you got it. Just come in? What else can I add to this? My abs?
Speaker 2: There you go. There's a ton of abs on display tonight. By the way, it was like an ab Fest tonight. It was like an Abercrombie store in nineteen ninety eight out there tonight. So yeah, crazy, crazy all right.
Speaker 1: Next up was Jordan and Ezra. I love to see in their reaction when they got the tango, because I guess they wanted to t but I love that they both did it, and that's what I was like, these two are so in sync, you know, like that's it was so cool to see that they're.
Speaker 2: Just having fun to clearly friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fun. Yeah, And I thought this was great, definitely cool to see like, yeah, okay, you can you can pull a dance out of thin air. Yep, tens across the board. Then we got a performance to a Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 2: And can't dance anything with Taylor Swift. Apparently every time he's up there by himself, they put him because he was a Tailor Swift dancer. It's a Taylor Swift jeohn. Yeah, but it's also because they're tonight. It was also really on display the synergy of Disney and Hulu where it was just like Zutopia is coming out.
Speaker 1: And we got, you know, the all our.
Speaker 2: Dance stuff is coming out, the aristour thing is coming out on Hulu. It's like everything is now being funneled through Dancing with the Stars. So it was it was interesting to see that the Disney fam on full full alert tonight totally.
Speaker 1: Then we entered what I think should have been the whole finale, the freestyle. This was just so cool. It seems like the celebrities got to choreograph almost as much, do you know what I mean, like or at least insert their personality and their style and their taste, and that was just really cool just across the board. Even if I didn't like love every choice, I was like, well, this is an expression of you in a way that I wish this show had a little bit more of, not just in the finale, but I just think it's always best when it's more about like self expression or some kind of storytelling or something that you know feels.
Speaker 2: That's why I knew you were gonna love the freestyle because I mean there's it's story after story after story.
Speaker 1: Totally, which is her personality, you know, actually to that point, like alex is I mean, Alex the dance was so good, phenomenal, phenomenal, but I will say the choice to go like sexy sexy Dominatrix was a little like that's really, that's all, that's all we got.
Speaker 2: Really it was great, It was great, It was cool.
Speaker 1: But like as a self expression, like and that's you know. I was like, okay, like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but see I loved that part of her journey because she said something in her inner preciow package which was interesting where she's like, we when I met you, val, we were the only couple that didn't hug right, So she went from like she had her sleeves up over her hands. She went from being kind of like this wilting flower, it's a good point, I'm just going to shake to being a dominatrix. And then when there's the five of them on the fence with the blue light behind them, forget it. That was awesome to me.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a good point, man. You're right, You're right. I guess I was just kind of like this is yeah, but you're right.
Speaker 2: And she started on a stripper pole and ended on a stripper pole. It would have been like come on, but I mean like it was that to me was like that empowerment of like she was like woke up.
Speaker 1: It was cool, right, right, uh no, surprise ten ten ten? Right, And then Dylan and Daniella and this is like for me, I mean, this was just the coolest dance ever. I thought, you know, hearing how Daniello was chore choreographing it based on her being dance yeah, him being.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, yeah what And you could see that in every move, you could see all the like ups and downs of that, and it was just beautiful and coolest.
Speaker 2: MO two coolest move of the night where he they're both on the floor and she grabs him and pulls him and he slides right into her lap with like his head in her lap.
Speaker 1: Dude, I just I was so like, I mean, I got super emotional. I teared up and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like inside, so I just thought it was cool, but yeah, super cool, just beautiful and then she flips. She's like laying next to them and up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Was yeah, And I think because of because of the emotionality of this one, I was That's why I was sort of like judging everyone else's freestyles like versus you know, well kind of you know, because like when Elaine in particular came out next and you know, did a sort of musical theater number about wanting to be a star, I was like, okay, yeah, Like I don't know if this develops what we've known about you, like, you know, but it's clear that that's her taste, right, Like that's her style, Like she is a Broadway fans, She's got the she's theater kid energy, and you know, that's that's what she that's her self expression, Like that's the story she wants to tell. And it was good, you know, yeah, of course it was good. It was good. They're all good.
Speaker 2: I mean, they were all good.
Speaker 1: Did everybody get ten for their freestyles? Yeah, tens across the board for everybody in their free style. Yeah, and rightfully, so rightfully. How do you do that?
Speaker 2: How do you say it's like, this is my biggest self expression, my entire season comes this, and then you're like nine, Like nobody couldn't do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, totally.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, going back, Dylan and Danielle got tens, Elaine and Allen they came out, like we said, did the sort of you know, uh, the story of a young ingenue dancer actor got ten's there and Robert and Whitney came out. He brought up his dad, wishing his dad could see it, his ribs again, is gonna how's this gonna go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And uh it went great. It was a fantastic dance.
Speaker 2: They were they were great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again compared to any other Robert Knight though I thought he was he was good, but this to me was not his best night of dancing. I thought there was better, several better dances than his tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, the weird part about this dance for me was that I kind of lost track of him a.
Speaker 2: Couple of times that I don't know if it's the way they were directing it or what was going to Some people dancers agreed it was it was he got lost in the shuffle, yes, but yes, no, I agree with you one hundred percent. There was times and I was kind of like, wait, is this is this the choreography, is this the director? What's going on? Because he's lost in the shuffle. Then at one point it looked like they dropped her, like like it was like she actually fell down, but she didn't. She was going where she was supposed to be to reappear back on stage, but with the way it was shot, it almost looked like Both Soon and I were like like we thought, oh wait.
Speaker 1: Did she just fall? I didn't catch that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we so was it But she didn't. It was just the way that it was shot. They were like moved the whole group was moving her to the back to reappear on the backstage, but with the way it was shot, it almost looked for a second like she fell. So there was a couple things that I was like, Oh, maybe the direction of the choreographing was fine, and the choreography was fine and the dancing was fine, but I was like, no, man, I.
Speaker 1: Think it felt like there was a lot of other people you know around, and you know, especially compared to like Alex and Dylan. It just didn't just didn't have the thing, and I kind of wanted so at this point of the night, I was like, Dylan, give it to him.
Speaker 2: Come on, see I was, I was. I was team Alex at this point. But then this is the one where they end with her bent over and he's like holding the back of her head and I'm sorry, but that, to me, hearkens to the Dylan move where that went viral that everybody did, and it seems like she kind of went, we need to do something like that and basically did the same kind of move. And I was like, really, you're gonna You're gonna that was like their signature. This wasn't something that slipped by. This was there was people recreating this on the internet. It's like it's it just felt a little like, really, you're gonna do that. We We're gonna change it slightly and then be like look what we're doing.
Speaker 1: It was a little I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, it wasn't that wasn't kind of cool to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Interesting, all right? Then Jordan and Ezra and this was just Jordan on full display. Yeah, for her to just be like, well, this is my style and to think back from all this ballroom dancing gown stuff to.
Speaker 2: This, which she almost never dances with him though I know, I mean, it was like she was by herself. Now I have I have a question about this dance. I loved it. She was phenomenal. That being said, you and I watched the East Coast feed, so we can do this podcast right afterwards. Whether you watch East Coast fees or you watch the West Coast feed. Usually you can tell by the ads your audience. Eighty percent of the ads are for medicines that you can take for something and you just have to. There's then thirty minutes of this will also kill you, and you're going to taste the color blue and your eyes are going to bleed and all that kind of thing. It's one after another and then it's a ARP. So my question is is picking a song that keeps repeating the word over and over and over again guaranteeing you that certain people in the middle of the country are not going to vote for you. Yeah, do you think she just walked in and went, I'm just throwing it out there. They're not I'm not gonna no one's gonna beat Robert, So I'm gonna do what the hell I want to do, and that's just gonna be the way it.
Speaker 1: Is, absolutely, and that's I actually totally appreciated that because.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a bad thing. I was just like, oh, that's risky.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was. But I think like she was just like, all right, the stage is mine for going out. I get three minutes and I'm gonna do what I care about and how I like to dance. I mean, I got the feeling like this is how she would dance and if she were to move it into entertainment or you know, I don't know if she has her own music like Aspirations, but it seemed like she was like leading a fool on dance number that was centering her and her taste and her music and what she likes to listen to and how she likes to move. And it definitely felt like a departure for the show, but it made me want to see more of that.
Speaker 2: It's like, why isn't there more hip hop style dancing, which is hugely entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yep, and it's like so athletic, so athletic.
Speaker 2: I get that you have a bunch of things you want to hit. Of course, everyone wants to do a fox trot. Everyon wants to do a tangle. Of course, you get all that stuff. You can't tell me that the jive and the quick step are kind of similar. You can't remove one of those and put in hip hop night or yeah what you know, some I don't know, but some other style that's like that because it was so entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess it. Guess yeah. I mean, like the ballroom dancing styles are just like it's a cannon that's already established, Like you can't add things to it unless it's contemporary or free style.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe, but it seems like they should add that because it was as a viewer, I was all.
Speaker 1: In, should be a dance competition show, not a ballroom dancing right, right, but because you could expand its type of dances.
Speaker 2: But at the same it's dancing with the stars, so you're trying to hit a bunch of different dance styles.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Again, when you go on Top Chef, if you're an Italian chef, at some point they're going to throw an Asian night at you, right like, because you've got to be able to do everything. That's what makes you the top chef. So if you're the best dancer, shouldn't you be hey foxtrot and then now you got to do hip hop and now you got to do it? Just seems like you should read after every.
Speaker 1: Rush, I wonder, man, like, I mean, our other here's the question, Actually, are other forms of dance like hip hop as formalized and sort of codified and like, yeah, I feel like there's a there's a tradition of competitive ballroom dancing that is, you know what, a lot of the judging in the show that we didn't understand from the beginning and probably still don't is based upon right like that there's certain techniques, there's certain moves, there's certain rules, and you know, I don't think I mean hip hop is just a much more wide open category. It also might be a dancing show, right there should just be like, well there.
Speaker 2: Is so think you can dance and that's just I think so, but it's also maybe the other thing is in hip hop, and again that shows you how little I know about the art form, maybe there's not a whole lot of partner work in hip hop, Like it's just you're just by yourself. So it's that's another thing that would be a difficult thing, is it's just like you can't how do you? How do you do that alone?
Speaker 1: I think that's a big component of it, especially for a show that's built on partnering people up.
Speaker 2: And the question is are will the judges ding you for going away from something like if in the middle of your fox trot you do your side by side and you throw in some hip hop? Is that a big no no? Or is that like you just did that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's why they haven't done it except for when they did their contemporary, they haven't really been able to do that. They you know, even they've had to show that they can do the kicks and things that are specific to the bad dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: But that's what that was. My question is it's a it's a it's a from an entertainment point of view, it was a question of knowing your audience and did you did you turn your audience off by having a song that constantly was repeating a swear word, and then at the end of the day it was like, I agree with you where it's like, oh she obviously just didn't care and was like this is this is now me here, this is me. Yeah, And but I you know, I think you're right. I think it was I think Robert won before the night even started. So I don't think anybody could have come and danced their heart out and won tonight other than Robert, because Alex did, right, So, I mean we literally saw it. She she had the best score of the night. She had three three dances with three perfect scores, right, so she even the judges said, you had a perfect night of dancing, whereas Robert didn't. So it was obviously the overall, you know, the over the cumulative dancing as opposed to just tonight, because just tonight to me, Alex won.
Speaker 1: Wow. All right, So really at this point, what were you surprised by any of the revelations of who got eliminated? Were you? I guess the order? Were you? Really?
Speaker 2: We were calling him out as it happened.
Speaker 1: I I like to your point about Jordan, I thought she might get eliminated earlier. Oh really, Yeah, as much as I love her and everything. Obviously I guess everyone else did too, but I was like, I could see this turning off some people. And I think, like their Halloween dance wasn't that great?
Speaker 2: Now with the was it rope gate? What do you call it?
Speaker 1: And she kind of has a little bit of like a punk rock attitude, like she does you know what I mean, Like there's a little bit of like I'm a bad take it or leave it. I'm gonna do my thing, and you know, she's always kind of mugging the camera and doing stuff. So I was like, I wonder how popular this actually is is So there was part of me that was like she could be eliminated.
Speaker 2: Well that was question and again knowing your when you say, and again I didn't have a problem with it because I get what she meant and it's more hyperbole than anything else. But sitting there and saying winning the trophy is more important to me than winning a gold medal for my country. I can see how people might be like, ooh.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's interesting. I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: Where it's just like I and again, this is her personal thing. She's like I've been watching this show since I was five and this is all I've ever wanted. So I get it, and I can take it with a grain of salt. But there might be some people like, how could you want to win this dance show more than a medal for your country?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, but again, I frankly, I dig your attitude. I thought it was great. I thought the dance was great. I thought she killed it tonight. Yeah, but I just no one was gonna beat Robert Well.
Speaker 1: I was still kind of hoping for an upset. But then it went Elaine that Dylan was next, which I was super bummed about, but I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised. And then the final three, Jordan was out, left with Robert and Alex And at this point I was kind of like, you know, it could be she could win because and they closest ever, so that's super interesting. She was very close.
Speaker 2: I have a pitch for you. Yeah, for the next season, get rid of the Insta dance yep, whatever the whatever they call it, the instant just add water dance, the just Add Water Dance, the Insta pot one button Dance. Have everybody dance again, however, pick a new category. Everybody gets to dance do an elimination, then that gets you down to the final two. Then you have a dance off between the final two and another round of voting.
Speaker 1: Well, they've done past seasons with less people, right I think. So, I mean, this seemed like a lot of people to have in the finale, that's said. But that said, yeah, I mean it would also just get kind of boring to watch if it was really down to like two people, like could you do a whole episode or even like no.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm saying that course in the course of the night, and then you just do one more dance with just the final two when you do a vote. Right there, that's it. It's the two you get to dance. So again, you you have to prepare another dance as if you're going to be in the final two and you either get to dance that dance or you don't get to dance that dance. And at that point it should be you get to pick your dance, you get to pick the style, you get to pick the song, you have to pick whatever you want you have to Maybe maybe the thing that's cool is the the pro the the celebrity has to choreograph it. Mmmmm, I like that, which could be cool. It's like you have one final dance that you get you can get help. You can get help obviously, but you kind of have to choreograph.
Speaker 1: But I mean, that's kind of what I felt about the freestyle, to be honest.
Speaker 2: I felt that the more it was more more personality than I'm guessing they were. They were their pros were still a right mostly responsible for the choreo.
Speaker 1: So I haven't really thought about this, but I'm just gonna throw it out there, like where do you think everybody's gonna go from here? Like is a is a lane Hender? Oh, you may have like a resurgence in her acting career, do you think she's gonna I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily know. I mean, again, we we did not know the last three or four winners of Dancing with the Stars, right, So that again is not a good benchmark since you and I are very very pop culturally illiterate when it comes to this, right. So so there's I mean, but again I had to google the guy who was last year's winner, who's the host of their podcast, Like I don't watch The Bachelor, so I don't know any of that kind of stuff. So I hope. So, I mean again, it certainly helps in social media. We've seen Danielle's followers kick up by like half a million, other people's kicking up by half a million to a million. So I mean in that sense, which is what it is today to be a celebrity, I mean that it certainly helps there. I don't know if you're gonna get more jobs or anything. Who knows.
Speaker 1: I mean, Robert Irwin is obviously gonna be a a force to be reckoned with as a as a conservationist, and I wonder if you know that will lead to I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I guess, like, well, he did it with Bindy. It's it's the perfect example because his sister literally happened to so did her life. Yeah, she hosted. She was the first host she hosted like Bindy. As a kid. She was like a little little like three or four, hosting a show after her father. Interesting, yeah she might not have been four, but right after her dad passed she started hosting like Bindi Junior or whatever. And they they really built that family really got together and and like made something because their father made a lot, but he was like the man, like everything was on this guy's shoulders, and then when he passed, they were like, what are we going to do? And the whole family really just picked up the slack and yeah, they picked up the man and have like expanded on it. And I mean they're they're royalty in Australia and rightfully so I mean they've they've done it. It seems like as really wonderful people. So U but yeah, I don't know. Do you think it will?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I don't. Yeah, I'm I'm wondering, what's somebody like Alex like, now that she's proven that she's this amazing dancer, Like, what do you do with that? Like? Is she gonna you know? I mean, she have a huge TikTok following and she already had one. So does this translate to being a professional dancer in some other capacity? That could be really cool. I mean, she's obviously proven herself and she's so good. Do you think moving into choreography? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, do you think the pros would be super happy if just all these people just kept dancing? Like? However, hey man, it's just like Dylan, I'm starting to take a ballroom class and my girlfriend and I are just dancing together. I mean it's like, yes, I think so too. I think there it's like they introduce you to dance, and now it's a part of your life, and so I think they'd be happy if it was like they continued just dancing. Well, Danielle told us that she's like, I'm gonna dance forever. It's like, great, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to check in in like six months.
Speaker 2: Well that's when I'll speak to her next after her life latest post. So it's gonna be it's gonna be a sad Pod meets World the next time, because it's just gonna be the two of you because I'm not talking to her.
Speaker 1: Oh ah, all right, overall feelings, last thoughts on a season of Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: You know, it was fun, Yeah, it was fun. It was maddening, it was awesome. It was annoying. It was anxiety inducing, it was stress release, it was it was so many different contradictions. I loved being able to go there. I loved some of the people that I've met and seeing kind of how the machine was working. Getting to watch this journey from an insider's view through Danielle was really outstanding. I fully enjoyed it. You know, I I can see us for a number of reasons watching next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we should also probably tell people that we're not planning to end podmeats Tworld just because Dancing with the Stars has done.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna keep watching stuff.
Speaker 2: We are but we don't know what yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I find watching reality television with you immensely entertaining.
Speaker 2: I feel the same show, I feel exactly the same way, exactly the.
Speaker 1: Same way, and I think coming as a pop cultural nube and not feeling bad about that because you're on the same boat. Except it was nice. So the question is do we stay on even ground and watch something that we also don't know anything about, or do we pick something that one of us has seen before and knows.
Speaker 2: No kind of like neither of us knowing what's going on. I Also the question I have is I think people like us watching something that's currently on, yeah, where it's not like, hey, we're going back and watching season two with a Bachelor. It's like, no, we're watching one a week of whatever the hell is one with.
Speaker 1: Everybody out of the excitement. And that's part of what has you know, maybe connected me to America in a way I've never been before.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, maybe we should ask our fan who listens to this podcast what we should uh, what we should.
Speaker 1: Are tons of fans, tons of fans we have.
Speaker 2: We can literally send out thank you cards to everybody.
Speaker 1: No, to be fair, we've we've we've had a great run here. A lot of our listeners have come along and given us amazing feedback. This has been way more fun than I ever expected. And who needs Danielle? I mean she has to she had to be competing on the show, of course I have.
Speaker 2: I have another suggestion for you. Okay, I can't even believe I'm going to throw this out into the atmosphere. But what about you and I together trying to get on the amazing race?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I think I would do it.
Speaker 2: I think I would too. Actually, Oh god, right, you and I stuck there like South America or whatever.
Speaker 1: If we have one of our moments, because we've had our moments, like we definitely have had our debates and our actual very emotional, very personal moments, I don't know I can handle having that on camera.
Speaker 2: I think we'd have to. What we'd have to do is we would we would find a time to take off the bikes, go fist fight behind a porta potty.
Speaker 1: All right, well, who's doing the Like they always start with a big jump, like you've got to like skydive or bungee jump. Oh, the first episode has always literally we haven't no, Well, definitely we should watch it. I actually have. That's one of the few the Amazing Race and Survivor where when Alex was pregnant, that's what we started watching and and then we I've watched a few of the newer seasons too. Amazing Race. Yeah, it's no joke. Joke, Well, it's it's changed a little bit. Like now they used to like not have flights and like have to but now they've made it like a little more streamlined, so they don't make a drama out of them catching flights in the airport anymore. If I'm if I'm remembering the last season I watched, I was surprised, but like, because it used to be they were just full on traveling the world. They only had a certain amount of money and if you missed a flight then that we're completely out of luck for the next leg. But now I think they've made it that they've eliminated that aspect, so it's much more. It's much more like puzzles and like local adventure things like you have to figure out this local tradition, you know, make hagis or whatever it is that's like in the country you're in, and they have to do it, and you know, you have to beat these other teams.
Speaker 2: I mean, meet and Barley wrapped in a ship stomach?
Speaker 1: Can you and I would be really good at it? You and I really good at it?
Speaker 2: Again, I think it would be I'd be fun also, I would or if they've ever had somebody who like had two people where as they're doing it podcast about it.
Speaker 1: We'll just be podcasting from the back of a taxi.
Speaker 2: And oh god, I think it would be great. I want to see how many different foreign jails you'd have to bail me out of.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't be the problem, you you. I mean, it's true. Yeah, it's you and me in Amsterdam when we were sixteen. Yeah, that's sixteen and eighty. Yeah, that's true. The drugs, I.
Speaker 2: Think, I think so yeah. I don't mean to throw that out in the ether, but I thought that thought that the other day I was like, oh man, that could be fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I hate the idea of being on camera, but Amazing Race sounds pretty.
Speaker 2: It's so it's just are you guys, are you filming yourself as you're doing everything, or a camera people with you?
Speaker 1: And that's the thing. It's still reality TV, right, And that's why, like, if there was any drama between us, it's out there in the world.
Speaker 2: My friend, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it, but I mean, you would kill because you're so funny. It would be amazing.
Speaker 2: But you're also really good at traveling. That's why I think the two of us together. Yeah, but you know, the funny thing is would be lending. Danielle would do a podcast about watching us on The Amazing Race and it would start with something like, Okay, I've known them for thirty years, so in this scene, they.
Speaker 1: Ha, Rider is so pisto at world right now and he is gritting his.
Speaker 2: T That's what it would be. That's totally what it would be too. Oh god, it would be fun though.
Speaker 1: All right, Wow, Jersey, we'll see where.
Speaker 2: I think we should watch. It's a great question. What does everybody out there I think we should watch? Let us know because we really don't know, but we are going to tell you because we've gotten a lot of people asking that this won't be the end of Pod Meats World.
Speaker 1: It probably won't be called pod Meats World though, right, No, I guess it'll be Race. Well, that's it for this episode of Pod Meats Tworlds and potentially this season, and then maybe the name of that show, the Amazing Pod, the Amazing Pod. That's pretty good. That's pretty good, all right. This wraps Season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Congratulate.
Speaker 1: We may not know a jive from a drive through, but we know what we learned way back in Phoenie's class. Danielle Fischel was the star of the show We Love You All, Pod dismissed. Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischle, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubach, producer, Maddie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show, or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com.