Speaker 1: Yeah, step it on the beach, the only place to read your emails and your tweets. It's Friday, May sixth. Welcome to the No Dunks Classic Factory. I'm Jay Skeetson alongside me as always look at sharp Today task.
Speaker 2: Mellis, what's up everybody?
Speaker 3: We got our tap shot hop boy Trey Kirby, Hey, hey oh, the international man of mystery taking it to the beach. Ellis friendly and making the magic happen over yonder Super producer jd.
Speaker 1: Hello, there he is and here we are. Shout out to the stream team joining us live right now on YouTube. Take a second like the video, comment away, Make sure you subscribe to No Dunks on YouTube and share the show. If you're a Survivor fan, make sure you check out yesterday's No Buffs podcast breaking down the latest episode not many of these left three. We discussed whether Lindsey seen here is the real meat Shield. We talked about Omer playing Mike like a damn fiddle, got into the Sanctuary reward, Survivor analogies, Mary Anne's chances of winning this thing island weather so much more so, I highly recommend you go check out No Bus. It has its own separate YouTube feed and podcast feed. Did you end up watching the episode test?
Speaker 2: I did nice and every single season. The ongoing joke here and no dunk. It's a good time to get it, perfect time. But now being in it, it's not even a joke. That's real.
Speaker 1: We've never been lying to you.
Speaker 4: It's a great time to get in.
Speaker 1: It's a very good time to get so you're into it. Okay, awesome, I'll check out no bus And before we get to your questions and comments, we haven't hit the beach here in so long. I checkedbus second. Wow, the last beach step in specific podcast?
Speaker 5: Well it was winter then close it a summer now maybe why?
Speaker 1: But before we get to the questions, really dip our toes in those sand. We've got some NBA news to quickly address here as we head into the playoff weekend. Dylan brooks Leary suspended for Game three versus the Warriors after the hard foul on Gary Peaton the second We debated.
Speaker 4: Whether he would get a game.
Speaker 1: Some of us thought, now, because he missed the basically the entirety of game too, maybe that's sort of the suspension. But in the end the league says no, Here you go.
Speaker 5: I think that's the right decision. Yeah, because this one was a pretty careless, sloppy play by Dylan Brooks. You know, sometimes in the heat of the moment things can happen. You can react. But when you take a running wind up and collatter into a guy, hit his head and he breaks his elbow, I don't think you really have got much of a defense there. I understand playoff basketball, you don't want to give up any easy baskets, but you certainly also don't want to end a guy season potentially, which may happen. I mean, obviously depends on how long the Warriors, but I believe Peyton's going to be missing up to six weeks here, which is significant time here. So I think it was a silly play. I think the league got it right. I think one game is enough that you heat people saying, well he should be at as long as the injured player is out, that's ridiculous. That's not gonna happen. But I believe, you know, he got ejected right call, and now he's going to miss a game for that anything that.
Speaker 2: Good, okay, and needed to have it before the injury. Before the injury news of Gary Payton which obviously is horrible having the season of his career. Still Dunmbrook should have been suspended immediately one game. Yeah, well, debate that whatever. At least he's suspended for sure and Memphis has to overcome something just like the Warriors do.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Other news, Joel Embiid is listed as out for Game three versus the Heat tonight because of the concussion the facial injury, though Woes says there's progress that could be made to change his availability for tonight's game because he has yet to clear the NBA's concussion protocol and he can only be listed.
Speaker 4: As out until he does so.
Speaker 1: I guess in theory, what I was just saying is he could clear that at some point today and we could see dwell Embiid back for Game three. And we talked about it, like if he doesn't, if he doesn't play this series sweep. It's looking that way, so we'll find out. I mean, I think we're all hoping for tonight's scheme between six Ers and Heat in Philly that he gets cleared at some point he is healthy and good to go. Probably throws the mask on and tries to make this a more entertaining series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're leaving the door open for him to potentially return. It's a little bit of hope, em but I think it's a little bit of gamesmanship as well. You don't want to rule him out and say completely that he's out, yeah, because then the Heat have to prepare for him potentially being available as well. So let's open Bead is available, because this series is not very exciting if he's not playing.
Speaker 2: Hope, it's a hell of a drug that's right, That's right. I will say, let's let's get on drugs here for a sec. Game three, let's say they go on the beach, so, well, they go home. There's the hope that Joel Embiid comes back. Even if he doesn't come back tonight, something's in the water. They have a good game. They could win one game at home, right with the crowd rocking, with George Niang getting hot, something could happen.
Speaker 4: Somebody hits some threes on the scene would help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe Les DeAndre Jordan. I know he wasn't the reason, but anyways, it could happen. Yeah, then game four and be comes back. Then it's two to one. You could send Squid. We could have a series.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well we'll wait to find out. I'm sure as soon as we post today's show we'll know whether or not Joell and Beat is playing in game three. That's how it goes. Okay, let's hit the beach though some great questions. Keep them coming. No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com tweet him in at no Dunk Sync. First, one man, we're starting with a banger. We're starting with the one that gets the clicks. Donovan Mitchell for Paul George, who says, no, Utah will have to throw in pieces to make the money work, like Nikhil, Alexander Walker, Royce O'Neill. But let me know your thoughts. That's from Lachlan are Task Mitchell for PG, who says no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we talked about Rudy Gobert potentially demanding that one of them has to go. Earlier this week, there was that Sean O'Connell rumor out there. We asked, give us your trade suggestions. Lache Lanard, I think he did this a little hastily. I think he just threw this one together and threw it up there. But it's juicy, so I included it because I want to say it's one of those rare who says no, where both say no. I think I know, first glance, I think Donovan Mitchell younger, the Clippers probably say yes. But I think they would be a little wary of Kawhi just signed long term. Paul George said sign long term. They're okay with each other. I think they have this small, small little window here of trying to win a championship. They just went to a conference final. They know what each other brings, and I'm not sure, kwhy can entirely trust Donovan Mitchell to do what Paul George does. So I think there's would be a little hesitancy on the Clippers side. I think they're just going to go into next year with the idea that last year, this this past year, we were entirely injured the year before we made the conference finals. They just resigned Robert Covington to two years twenty four million dollars just yesterday. So I think they're gonna kind of stay status quo. Although I hear I hear the idea, it kind of makes sense, but I think the jazz from the jazz perspective, would you go for a now when now, right now, maybe win yesterday type of player and Paul George for Donovan Mitchell. It's an odd package, I think, And it's weird that in twenty eighteen I had this flashback when Paul George was a free agent. Don Mitchell said, yeah, I think I'm gonna try and get him to Utah. So if he got traded for each other, that would be weird. But I don't know. I don't like it for some reason. From both sides.
Speaker 5: What do you think I think the Clippers would do this? I think I would say why not? Why not? Because because Ella's GM. Paul George is the better applied, no question about it. But there are some serious concerns about his health. You know, he missed fifty one games this season. He missed basically twenty eight the season before, and then before that he missed about another twenty as well. He obviously had that horrible injury nearly a decade ago. As well. He's a brilliant player, He's an All Star, you know, MVP candidate at his best. But I think his body is starting to let him down. He's thirty two years old. And also that pairing with Kawhi hasn't been great. It's been good at times, but it hasn't been great. And I think if you say, well, maybe we cash in and get the younger player with still some questions himself. Donovan no doubt about his leadership and his defense needs to work. But maybe he's just maybe a slightly better fit there with Kawi Lennard. Maybe not, who knows, but I think they just signed Paul George that five year extension for two hundred and twenty six. I think he's got about three years left after this, maybe four is I can't quite remember. But I just think if you're the Clippers, you think maybe why not, let's let's roll the dice here and see what younger. Yeah, I just sort of think that they might might think this is an opportunity for them, whereas Paul George, like thirty two is old but said not, oh if you get five good years out of himseltill. But I just wonder, you know, again, he's had all sorts of weird injuries and he continues to get injured. So maybe I feel the clip as you go, all right, all right, look.
Speaker 4: See I think the Clippers say no. I think the Clippers say no, like right away because you're way closer to a title with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, I think than with Kawhi Leonard and Donovan Mitchell. One thing that I didn't ever think about until I saw this question. Donovan Mitchell. He's got two first names, just like Paul George. They're kind of the same guy. It's very much the Spider Man meme. You know, I don't think either of these guys are clear cut number ones, Paul George or Donovan Mitchell. They're also too good to be number twos. They're kind of one and a half. Yeah, but I think that Paul George and Kawhi is more of a title contender than Paul George or than Kawhi and Donovan Mitchell. And I think that if you're the Clippers, you say we just destroyed your team last year, like we just completely eviscerated your team, going by Donovan Mitchell, Now we're gonna trade for that guy, I don't think that happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm leaning towards sort of trace thinking here. I think of the two teams, I think the Clippers are more likely to say no in this scenario where the Jazz might be like, well, then Paul George is a good player. When he's healthy, he actually can play some defense. You know, we pair that with Rudy, maybe we're right back in the mix of things that they would be more likely because I also truly believe that the Jazz are gonna have to make a decision here Rudy or don in it like that's that's happened in this summer, and it's like, what's the best what's the best you know, direction for us to go with our franchise, like which one we are attaching to here in Mitchell or Gobert, And then obviously what's the best package we can get back? Because I don't think they're like leaning into like a blow it all up and let's you know, go worry and chase lottery balls and stuff like that in Utah, I wouldn't think. So they're gonna want like a pretty good return from one of these guys. So I would say the Clippers would be most likely saying no in this hypothetical.
Speaker 2: Lachlan, I said, you had just tossed that one together, But you know what, you got some good debate here on the show, And let me throw in another one that just came in under the wire for Rudy Gobert. Okay, because that was you know, the initial discussion. Are they going to trade Rudy? Are they going to trade Donovan Mitchell? As you said, probably one goes email from Jordan V came in. The Wolves jump in and receive Rudy Gobert. Utah receives D'Angelo Russell's expiring Jaden McDaniels and twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four first round picks. Let's say they're unprotected Jane McDaniel's. They you know, the most potential on this in this trade package, but a couple juicy picks there unless the Wolves are good and then they're sort of middle of the you know, first round twenty twenty two plus, Yeah, D'Angelo Russell. Who the Jazz could use? I suppose not at all. I will say Jordan feel. I will say Jordan V is a wolve sand It's pretty makes that makes some sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, that's why I think you would do that trade. If you're Minnesota, Yes, giving up Dangel Russell.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, very young guys that here.
Speaker 1: Is promising, but we're you know, who knows what the ceiling is on McDaniels and then you said a couple of picks. Yeah, you would be doing that for Gobar compair with Towns be fascinating.
Speaker 2: Right, that would be it would be fascinating. Yeah, he is a Wolves fan, yes, and the first round picks are listen, it depends on where you are in your timeline. The Jazz, I'm not sure they do the Paul George deal because I don't know if they want to get older and maybe they would do want to go younger with these for two first round picks, which would be a good haul because you don't see two first round picks that are unprotected come around that often. So anyway, moving on to the second question here, No duncan ruse first time, long time watching these playoffs got me wondering for the next ten years. You can pick one of these guards. Who you got, Jordan Poole, Tyres, Maxi or Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 4: I don't usually do these.
Speaker 1: But that's a good one, A good one.
Speaker 2: Three up in commerce. Thanks big fan. Keep up all the great work that's from Sam so Lee. Jordan Poole, Tyres, Maxie or Jalen.
Speaker 5: Bruns Yeah, yeah, great one, really good. I think They've all got a lot of potential there. I think I tried to sort of compare them, who can I see them being?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I was going to bring that up, right, like, yeah, like best case scenario who they turn into?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go through that, Okay.
Speaker 5: I'll start with Jaylen Brunson because he had a fantastic series in the first round. He's called off obviously here against the Phoenix Suns. But I can see a sort of a Mike Conley career, a pretty reliable, steady hand. Ye, not super flashy, but you know what you're getting out of him. I think he's going to be a starter next season wherever he plays. Well. I guess maybe not if he's in Dalla Steel, but I can see him having started potential, but of a reliable hand.
Speaker 1: I've compared him to Van Vliet before, right, okay, like sort of like that might be his you know, is there an All Star or two in his future in the right role?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Well? And I think Mike Conley works in that scenario that he was a one time but he probably could have been you know more than that. Tyris MAXI now look a tough one, but I can see him right now. I think he's more a scoring, shooting point guard rather than a distributing point guard. So I sort of look at him as like a Lou Williams of Jamal Crawford, sort of one of those guys who can go out there and get you a bucket, because that's what I've seen from him. He's fast, he's young, and all that. Right now, his shooting is good, and those guys are legends. I mean, you know, maybe not best defensive players, maybe not even like set up point guards, but great as far as doing what they're paid to do. And then Jordan Paul I came up with it is a little bit tougher for him, I thought, Because I do think it's Jordan Paul, He's going to be my answer. I think he's shown me the most all round game of these three with the highest ceiling I think as well, out of these three, I think he does have all star appearances in his future.
Speaker 4: I do, I mean jumped into the pot.
Speaker 5: I did. I did. I think he's a good shooter. We've seen him passing, we've seen him rebound, would do all that. So I'm seeing a sort of a Kyle Lowry out of him.
Speaker 4: What didn't expect God, well, Kyle is the comparison for Yeah, but i'd see, but see, I didn't want to go that deep.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's I don't think he's MVP caliber myself right now. But Steph Curry was an MVP caliber in his second or third season either, so who knows. But I just think jordan' paul is coming along very nicely and his game is a little bit more rounded out of the out of the three of them, in the sense that I think he's the guy who can go for fifty. Well, Maxie could too. I don't think Jameen Brunson's that sort of a guy. I don't think.
Speaker 4: So he went for forty in a playoff, Yeah he did, he did, But and Ben Bleez fifty under.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but anyway, I probably not. I just think if I was, if I if I could pick one of those guys, I would be picking Jordan Pool first. I think I think he's got the most potential, the most talent, and the most all around to this to his game.
Speaker 1: It is a good question, Trey, you go next, I mean, Pool, Maxie or Brunson, And what did you think about the comparisons and Uh yeah, we'll take us through your thinking.
Speaker 4: With this, and it comes down to Pool and Maxie. For me, just because Brunson's a little bit older, I think he's got the lowest ceiling of these three. He's probably the best playmaker, probably like the most steady guy. Like, if you're going to make a bet on any of the three of these to have one All Star appearance, Brunson's maybe the guy that being sad, I'm going with Maxie, assuming that has shooting his percentage is actually for like, he shot forty two point seven percent from three this year. Right, if he can shoot forty three percent from three and be one of like the five fastest guys in the league, he's gonna score twenty a game pretty easily. Pool. I don't know what to make of him, man, Like, he's got the highest highs of these three. I think for sure he does. To me warrant Steph Curry comparisons for the way he plays, and for you know, he's kind of got the combination of being able to play off the ball, being able to handle the ball and pull from three, and then also having a lot of wiggle to get inside and finish inside. Doesn't play any sort of defense, which you know, fair enough, neither none of these three guys are lockdown defenders. Brunton's probably the best of the three. But Pool, I just don't know. You know, he was in the G League like a year ago. He'll have a game where he goes for thirty five and then he'll have an zero for ten game, And I don't know. I just think the Maxie is kind of right in the middle of being steady and also having a super high ceiling. So give me Tyrese Maxi, okay.
Speaker 1: For a comparison for him, and I think Sixers fans are gonna hope maybe it's not like continuing how they've started the crews, But like, what about Fox Starren Fox was like an actually really good three point shooter in his second year, Remember he was like a thirty eight percent three point shooter, and then it just like completely like fell off a cliff. One of the fastest guys in the league. Obviously a great player.
Speaker 4: I love him.
Speaker 1: Kent Kentucky connection there too. Uh, But can MAXI be a better shooter than.
Speaker 4: I think Max? He's probably already better than Fox for me, for me right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, Wow, I mean he's I mean he's only in the second year and he's uh proven so far that he's a better shooter than Fox, who's had really bad years after that second good year, that he was a good three point shooter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you believe in Maxie, you believe in this short playoff run in this regular season, and I do. I think Maxi is great, So I would pick him out of the three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very difficult. But John Brunson that by far the oldest, you know, a full two years older than the other guys. I do like Pool and Maxi's ability to be off the ball. I mean, Maxy, you know, playing with James Harden has been really really good, and so put him on the ball, put him off the ball, and put him on the defensive end. I think he's shown that, Yeah, he can do it all. Really, Jordan Pool is very very capable of the defensive end. Maybe I'm in playoff mode and I think defense wins championships right now, but he is. He's a problem on that end. People are hunting him and that doesn't happen to Maxi and Brunson. The only thing he's a great player easily, h you know, Conley type is great, A great comparison. Yeah, just the age, and he really really has to have the ball in his hands, I think to be effective, although I'm sure he'll grow in that in that direction as well, because he does play decently with Luca. But a very good question, A very three solid player.
Speaker 1: Really good. I mean I think I go with Maxi too, But I love Brunson. I've talked about him a lot this season and then Pool. I mean I said he's going to win finals MVP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you thought you were making somebody else say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, but he's going to win finals m I'm getting at So, I mean, wow, how do you how do you turn down him?
Speaker 5: Imagine, Hey wins a fun as m V pain Stiff doesn't have one, while No.
Speaker 1: I would go Maxi though, of these three guys, I really like what I've seen from him in the playoffs for.
Speaker 4: Sure, and then all season long.
Speaker 1: I mean, guys already scoring eighteen points per game and he's not afraid of it, gets at it defensively too.
Speaker 4: He's definitely not afraid of the moment. It feels like, so give me him.
Speaker 2: That's a big part of it. We just haven't even seen dear in Fox in a postseason game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right. I'm not I am not giving up on Fox. I think there is some comparisons there, especially when you look at like their early early starts to their career. Yeah, and Fox is on a garbage team, and you know, he's like, he's obviously fallen out of favor with a lot of people. But I think there's a lot of talent still there. But we'll see next one, sup, No dunks. What do you think is worse an airball or a shot that bounces off the side of the backboard. My first instinct was obviously off the side of the backboard because it looks bad, looks worse. But an airball results in a chant from the crowd. What do you think that's from Dylan?
Speaker 4: I wonder Dylan Brooks a couple of both of those, I guess.
Speaker 1: So there you go, trade this a great one airball or the like the one that just hits the side of the backboard.
Speaker 4: Last question was really tough to call. Which are you choosing between Maxie Pool and brunts? And this one is easy for me. I would much. I think it's much worse to hit the ball off the side of the glass than an airball. Airballs they're commonplace. I shot a million air balls in my life. Right shot one on Wednesday. In fact, like Dylan says, they happen so often they have their own chant. The other thing, with an airball, you can convince yourself you were close to making it on an air ball that was just short, you know, that was just six inches to three feet short, that was just six inches long. You also have a chance of getting the rebound underneath the hoop and getting an easy put back. Then you can do the hey, nice pass. Yeah, I saw you under there. All that stuff goes out the window. With a shot off the side of the glass. It's so embarrassing when you pull up from the corner and it goes straight corner of the glass George style. You feel like a fool. You feel like a complete idiot. Shout out to my guy Andrew Olson took one three point attempt in college right off the side of the class. That was awesome. We are going wild, so yeah for me off the backboard way worse than an airball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, when you think about it, you're saying the airball like it can be straight, but it's just obviously like the sort I mean in a way when you accidentally bank in a three pointer, that's just the lucky man's air ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly like you just did the opposite. You have it way too hard and somehow bounced in. Yeah, I think I think worse is off the side of the backboard.
Speaker 2: Agree or I totally agree. And watching the NBA game, airballs are happening a decent amount. They happen a couple of times a game from good shooter just because guys are bombing away from a little bit deeper, so they don't stand out as much as a ball off the side of the backboard. You can't rebound that if you want to look at it that way. Ye, the airballs.
Speaker 1: Airballs ninety percent of the time go to the offensive playoffs were on Twitter and it's like it feels like it that's a reach, but it generally feels like it goes to an offensive player game. Yeah, you know the defense is ready for it to get the ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. No one, no one expects the airball coming in. You just have to be ready for it. Yeah, it's it's definitely the airball is more embarrassing. But you know what's more frustrating is more embarrassing. No, no, sorry, sorry sorry. The airball is less than the one off the back but the one off the backboard is more embarrassing. But you know what's more frustrating the shot that you get up that's got the perfect release, got the perfect back spin, it's accurate, it's online. You're almost back pedaling and then thumps off the back of the iron or something.
Speaker 4: Like how did that one miss? That was in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but people don't know. You're more just like that was in how did that one miss? It's infuriating, it's infuriating. Happened on Wednesday night?
Speaker 1: You had It's.
Speaker 5: Get back guys. And I'm like, that's more frustrating because you're like, that looks good, it feels good, it's on its way. That's you just wait for the swish and then it just thumps off the iron.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about when you take a shot and it doesn't feel good at all coming out of your hands and that's almost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you do the short or.
Speaker 1: No passes, the King of his own shots short left right, and I know you've done it before and it's gone in and you're like, yeah, I guess I was wrong with that one, not as left as I thought.
Speaker 5: I think that's more annoying for the other people because they're like, what'd you say that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't be like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you're almost being cocky.
Speaker 5: Yeah you are? You are? You?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know you are. You are, first off, a great three point shooter. Ye're really good in the corners. Have you ever clanked it off the side of the back, Corse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do that, Yeah for sure. I mean the most embarrassing moment was when I had the two free throws and by point the game's over, So two free throws.
Speaker 4: And you claimed it off the side of the back but it was difficult.
Speaker 5: But it was international, so it was a one on one, so you've got to hit the first to get the second. I was like, this is the moment I wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love free throws.
Speaker 5: Absolutely bricked the first, didn't even hit iron, clunked it off the backboard. Oh my god. I was so upset.
Speaker 4: You're a practice free throw, I was.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, I was fourteen or something and I was playing in a men's league, and I was like, this is great. I'm gonna I'm gonna these babies throws and just thud off the backboard.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's right.
Speaker 5: And from that moment on, I've been practicing my free throws. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hear from everybody out there in the stream, team, everybody listening to the podcast later. That is a fun question from Dylan. Airball or the shot that bounces off the side of the backboard, which one is worse? I mean, we didn't bring up the airball champ part. I mean that is it's that would suck if you're yeah, a professional basketball players.
Speaker 4: A good point. You get that airball chance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but also though you got to you got to sort of do the what you say.
Speaker 1: You got tipped yeah, foul click.
Speaker 5: Yeah, point to the other guy you're supposed to be. You know, you're just deflecting at that point, deflecting.
Speaker 2: And also the defensive players have made it a habit now to duck out of the way when an air ball goes out of bounds. Devin Booker did it the other day. Yeah, serious, we'll.
Speaker 4: Watch out flying balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you know, that's embarrassing. But still side of the backboard, it's like you don't want to touch that even if you're on that guy's team, you don't want to touch that ball. That's a dirty But.
Speaker 5: The defense is like now too small when it's like, well wait did that one? You know, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's good, good call. You ever bank in a three from the corner, like off the top corner of the glass. That's the weirdest feeling. Yeah, that's even worse than like banking went in from the top of the key. You're like, at least I aimed it straight on that one. It's like, you missed pretty bad, but you got a gift from the heaven, thank you. Mister. I've said this before.
Speaker 1: That happened at the game that was at in the Sky though Michael Jordan versus the Expansion Raptors. Uh, he goes I think accidentally. He hits like a baseline that they waved it off because it was too late. But he hits a baseline jumper that somehow goes off the glass, and I mean, like he's baseline.
Speaker 4: That's really weird. It's gonna happen like five times a year. Maybe that's like banked in shot from the baseline.
Speaker 2: Very weird.
Speaker 1: Do you think we'll ever see a player that comes into the league named Airball.
Speaker 4: Because then you could chant his name.
Speaker 1: Probably not cool.
Speaker 4: The last name.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody in the world last named Airball?
Speaker 4: I mean there's several balls in the end. Yeah, yeah, lines to pay tribute to Michael Jordan. There in Chicago, you.
Speaker 2: Could see parents in the hospital room. What do you want to name your kid? Air bud All? I mean first name, last name. It probably wouldn't happen.
Speaker 4: They think they hear it as air ball.
Speaker 2: Airball, no problem, I said, air But I guess I'm tired of having a kid.
Speaker 1: Let's take our first break when we come back. We got a lot more.
Speaker 4: Questions to get to, So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Back with no donks. Let's just jump right in another question here. Hey guys, I love the show and haven't missed one in years. Thank you for all that you do. Thank you. I want to hear your opinions on which player needs a new situation. Aside from Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal myself, I want to see Julius Randall on a team where he will have a strong ball handler and creator. What's your tick? Thanks to all that's from Dave in May and so Trey new situation? What you got.
Speaker 4: Just realize my reading comprehension skills.
Speaker 2: Is that why you chuckled?
Speaker 4: Wh yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Once you got to the part that says which player needs a new situation aside from Damian, Lillard or Bradley, I just saw three names in this and I thought we're choosing between the three and Lillard, Beal or Randall. So I was ready to take you back on a little journey through Twitter time. This is a tweet from Shan Sharanya. The Washington Wizards had a volatile practice within recent days, with verbal altercations among players and an exasperated Bradley Beal saying toward team officials, I've been dealing with this for seven years. That was November twenty eighteen, wow, four seasons ago. The Wizards since then have gone one hundred and twenty six and one hundred and eighty two. They've got one playoff appearance, which they lost four to one to the Sixers. So for me, even though this is the opposite of what Dave in Maine was asking, it's gotta be beale, like, get this guy to another team because right now he's eligible for a five year Super Max deal, which would mean another five years of should he stay or should he go?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good years as the number two with Wall not as good as the number one with kind of no number two alongside him. He's probably a one point five. I would like to see what he can do on another team. And I'm sorry for poorly reading your question. Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 5: Well you yeah, well you know the question he eliminated of the obvious answers. That's fine, okay, Randall, Yes, I agree, but I'm going with the Aaron Fox we talked about him. I want him in a different situation. I think he's been good. His numbers actually weren't as bad as I thought they were last season. He didn't have a great season, they weren't actually that far off the season before, which we had a great individual season there. He's also got some injury concerns as well. He hasn't played more than sixty games in three seasons, so he's a young player. He needs to sort that out. But I just think after five seasons in Sacramento, he's going to have his fifteenth coach in the next season, when it's either Mark Jackson or Mike Brown. By the sounds of it. I think he deserves to go somewhere else. I think he's a good player, but you can't thrive in an atmosphere where you're having continual turnover of front office, coaching staff, bad teams, bad situation. He's you know, he's going to improve as well as defense and his more consistency's shooting that three pointer. But I would love to just see him go to a team where he's got some good players around him, a bit more of a solid foundation, and I think he could thrive. And I think I think he definitely has all stop potential, but he's not going to realize that in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Both these situations, Bill and Fox, they got new big guys though, to play with, you know, if they stick around with their franchises, Beal with Porzingis and Fox with Sabonis. But I like the Deer and Fox answer a lot. I mean, I'd like to see him flourish in Sacramento if they could ever their shit together too. I mean, again, I'm buying all the Fox stock you have, but it's a good one.
Speaker 4: Do you have another one? Tough?
Speaker 2: I just want to note one thing. Bradley Beal said, he's been there for seven years. It was only six at that point because I looked it up. I wanted to see it. Did he get drafted in twenty eleven? Has he been there that long? Was twenty twelve. He's been there ten years already, ten fall seasons. And I went to go see how long he signed for. And he just has a player option for next year. And that's it all that talked. That he re signed in Washington. He's gonna be there forever. It was a real short deal. It was a one plus one, so he just had the one and here comes the other one. And I agree that beyond that, if they don't do if they don't change anything drastically, I mean, they may give it a little shot here with him and Porzingis, but I could see a deal being done.
Speaker 1: May playoff series, that's broadbly being one with the Wizards.
Speaker 4: I know they beat the Raptors.
Speaker 5: Yeah they be Oh so I think the Raptors the Hulks after that, So he may have.
Speaker 2: Been they lost to the Celtics that they got to the second round. It was a seven game series. They should have won. It should have gone to their own conference finals.
Speaker 4: So I don't know he looks like they won a series in fourteen, fifteen, now seventeen back.
Speaker 1: In actually more than I thought. I thought maybe one or two, but I guess you're saying three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, never made it out a second round.
Speaker 2: Give me Lennie Walker just to throw one in this one. So many guards on those on the San Antonis first. He's been there for four years, which we were. We were back calling one of his Summer League games back at NBA TV. He can look like a Hall of Famer. I'm guessing he wants to play elsewhere. After they were eliminated from the play in term, I think he only played seventeen minutes. He did a bunch of liking tweets that said he should have played more, he should have played more, and I'm yeah reading into that. But they have so many guards, and de Jontae Murray obviously is going to play a ton. Second year, Den Vessel played more than him, Derek White played more than he got traded in, and the Josh Richardson played more. They have another one in Josh.
Speaker 4: Primomo was playing on stretch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Keldon Johnson, who you might play a different position, but he six or five, So uh yeah, I think Lonnie Walker's got got another destination in him at some point.
Speaker 1: Too many guards on the dance flow, Too many guards. Okay, next one, Hey, guys, love the show. I have a bold prediction. Then I'm one hundred percent convinced.
Speaker 4: Will happen this offseason. Listen to this.
Speaker 1: The Lakers will become the first team in NBA history to hire a woman as their head coach. Do you have any big predictions of your own for the NBA coaching carousel this offseason? Thanks so much, love the show. John from DC he is, I mean, that's a bold prediction.
Speaker 4: That's a bold prediction.
Speaker 1: I mean on two accounts, one that we finally get a woman head coach, and then he's saying it's.
Speaker 4: The Lakers as really the first team.
Speaker 1: So we'll see John, but task Yeah, do you have any other bold predictions when it comes to these the coaching positions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not as bold as John. Hopefully it happens if it was the Los Angeles Lakers. Yeah, that would be an even more prominent story and it should happen. At some point. There's only three coaching vacancy yeah, yeah, so the Lakers being the most prominent, and yeah, we hinted at the Kings, who don't have one currently and the Charlotte Hornets. And my bold prediction, it's not the boldest of bold because this man has been a coach for a long time. But Mike D'Antoni is kind of just flown out of the radar for a bit. He was a Pelicans consultant this past year, he was a Nets assistant the year before that, and Rockets which before that. He's obviously been a coach for a very long time. He's seventy years old. We got to talk to him at Summer League the other year, Tray and I and coach is just in his blood. I think he's got he's got an itch to scratch. He's got to get back, whether it's the Hornets as he's been rumored to, uh be it. Definitely a leader in the clubhouse. It feels like as the as a guy who could coach there obviously with him and LaMelo Ball juicy stuff, I think I think he gets back back into the mix, but not all that bold. Gotta be honest, John from DC, I like your call better.
Speaker 1: So there are three open spots right now. But you said Hornets Kings and Lakers could be more though coming. I mean, we don't know what's happening with Quin Snyder in the Jazz right that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they sort of said they're going to keep him, though I think I know that can change, but the sort of first initial response was like he's our guide.
Speaker 1: I would say, who's another potential? The doctor the doc Rivers in Philadelphia is a solid one and uh.
Speaker 2: Tibbs, I guess or not?
Speaker 4: Tis do seem like not a lot of buzz? Can you start running out of them after those?
Speaker 5: I think teams has got probably twenty to thirty games off next season to correct that thing. If he can get them at least minimum five hundred, he probably can hang on. But they get off to a four and sixteen start something, he's probably gone, but sounds like he's staying for now.
Speaker 4: I saw.
Speaker 1: I think it was Billy Boy Bill Simmons tweeting the most fun NBA summer coaching outcomes would be D'Antoni with the Hornets, Mark Jackson with the Kings, Doc Rivers with the Lakers, and then g Right.
Speaker 4: With the Sixers. College coach. Then that's what Billy Boy is saying.
Speaker 2: Just screams fun.
Speaker 4: I mean nothing more.
Speaker 1: Than Mark Jackson coaching the Kings. But yeah, what do you think any bold predictions when it comes to any of these Well.
Speaker 5: The D'Antoni connection with Mitch Kupchak is being rumored about Charlotte, but I think the Hornets and D'Antoni is a proven coach. You know his team's going to play really good offense. But that's certainly not the issue with Charlotte. Their offense is pretty good. They get out and score. I think they need someone and they need the personnel to be able to do it. But I think their focus has to be on a defense first team because you saw the Horners can score one hundred and fifty but can see one hundred and sixty. So that's the thing. And you know, D'Antoni has been great, but I think for a youngish team, you need someone who can maybe connect a little more to these younger players and also install a defensive mindset first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of these guys are they're oldies. Yeah, I know, D'Antoni, Mark Doc Trey got any bold coaching predictions?
Speaker 4: My bold coaching prediction is that Quinn Snyder doesn't coach next season. He just had hip replacement surgery. There was a lot of buzz during the season about would he be a potential Lakers coach, would the Jazz want to move on from him, like LI say, And it seems a little bit like they would still be interested in keeping him. The Jazz aren't a franchise that changes coaches a lot, but it did seem to just kind of come out of nowhere the idea that Quinn Snader could possibly not be coaching the Jazz next season. They had a stressful season, a disappointing season. If he's already unsure and he's rehabbing from a major injury, I could see him deciding to take a year off before figuring out the next move.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll get another job as totally kind of whenever he's ready sort of thing. So he could definitely afford to take a year off.
Speaker 1: I guess my bold prediction will be heading into next season. If the Nets got off to a brutal start, couldn't Ash be gone? If the Hawks got off to another brutal start, could.
Speaker 4: Nate McMillan be gone?
Speaker 1: Could if the Blazers got off to a garbage start? You know, is it a short run for Chauncey Billups.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just throw that into the middle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he may have a bit of leeway considering the moving forward with things, you know, in a different direction. The Litlard situation is probably a big factor there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's but if he's back and h and stuff like that. I mean, there's expectations and if you got to switch up something. We always say it, if you get off to the garbage start, it's like, well you're not getting rid of all the players at this point, you're gonna have to do something. So good stuff there from.
Speaker 4: Who was that job?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely you mentioned some of the situations that ended poorly there Portland Brooklyn. I was going through the thirty teams and wondering all those coaches there because those ones I thought, Portland's still there, you Chauncey, Bob's just just signed five years, right, so that's he's probably he's probably a bit of a leash and they love him. Although the team has not performed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well but that you also were like, let's tank this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think of the three I said, he is the most likely to still be there for a year or two or whatever until they can like figure out where, you know, where that team is going.
Speaker 4: But Nash, who else?
Speaker 1: I mean Doc of course, obviously Quinn Snyder, and then I think Nate night Millan. I don't think he would have the longest leash in the world. That's true with some expectations there in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only three. That's three vacancies. It's got to be a low for an offseason that it can increase.
Speaker 1: To me, it always goes through these weird cycles. It feels like where there's like ten and then there's like three ten.
Speaker 4: It's like it feels like we've had a lot of change over recently, even though like at the bottom of the standings, almost every team has a fairly new coach except for kind of Detroit.
Speaker 2: In cases it's like a wave. I guess we are at the beach, well, speaking to beaches. I know, dunk a Rose. It's not dunk Rose, dunkle Rose. I discovered you two years ago just as Lockdown was starting in the UK. Listening to your pod kept me somewhat sane when we were only allowed out once a day for exercise. Really big fan, thanks for the daily laughs. I love two things. First, I love basketball. Second, I love the ocean and coast. I am a professor in coastal oceanography at the University of Southampton UK. I researched coastal processes for a living.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: So whenever you do beach step in, my first thought.
Speaker 4: Which beach?
Speaker 2: Which is your favorite beach worldwide? That's from Ivan h in Southampton, UK.
Speaker 1: Never heard anybody say I love the coast like just like that specific but it makes sense seeing what he does. Yes, what beach are you on in that? In the opening clip, Grace Bear one of the best?
Speaker 5: It is absolutely there.
Speaker 1: It is like considered one of the best beaches in the world.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes it is you disagree?
Speaker 1: Disagree?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, it is beau It's just one of those where where did you see that rating for it? Because there are so many.
Speaker 4: Probably exactly.
Speaker 5: Tourism beaches are great, love beaches. Where are my beaches at? Because the funny thing is growing up in Australia, all right, and then living in North America. As soon as people hear from Australia, they assume you're a beach balm, surfy like on the beach. I grew up in a little town. You know, we had city beaches which were not very pleasant because there was a lot of ocean traffic coming through there, so they went wavy. It was like kind of gross. And then when we went there be.
Speaker 1: Like living on the lake erie or yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then when we would go away camping, we would go down to the coast, which is further down south in Victoria, where it would get freezing down there. And so even in summer my memories of when we were kids and would go to the beach, it was like about a kilometer walk from the like shore to the water. Anyway you're in the water.
Speaker 2: It's freeze.
Speaker 5: I remember, I remember going to the water. Why do people love the beach so much? It's not that pleasant. It's like you're you're super hot and you're outside, you go in the water and you're like this is cold now. So yeah, it wasn't until I sort of went up to Northern Australia, Queensland and even I don't know if you actually you and JD might have been to Bondai Beach.
Speaker 1: Have you guys been there at all? I've you've been to a weight Heaven Beach.
Speaker 5: In Queensland, yeah, Wit Sundays, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is like unbelievable. It looks thick. Yeah, like the photos. Have you been there?
Speaker 5: J D Buondai, I've been. Yeah, I actually haven't been to Bandaid.
Speaker 6: But it isn't Binet Beach like in Sydney's in Sydney, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's cool because there's cities right there awesome, like whatever, Port Saide Town or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's like Barcelona that way. It's like wow, I mean a cool city.
Speaker 4: The beach is right there.
Speaker 6: They walk over people surfing right right there.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Have you been at Port Douglas, Yes, yeah, it's I don't actually remember you guys.
Speaker 5: Douglas Beach from what I remember, not super wavy, very like a humid up there. The water is great. Yeah, beach is fine. But I think the best beach that I've been to in Australia is near Syny's in Manly, a little place just out of Sydney.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 5: The water there is beautiful, refreshing, not freezing cold. Also close to the sort of city center of Sydney there, but just that beautiful place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The thing about Northern Australia is you can't go in the water during the summer because there's stingers right.
Speaker 5: Well, because of several reasons. Yea, stingers, sharks, crocodiles. When we're the first time I took my wife for Roxanne, We're in Port Douglas. We're swimming along. Then all of a sudden, the guys on the megaphone like everyone out of the water, everyone, and I'm like, I'm like, what for and just get out, just get out. And you see a guy up there looking out like this, we can see a crocodile just over there. I'm like, you kidding, Like what a cliche that is? You know, my wife's first time to Australia. Get out of the water, you might get killed. Well that's right, people, people, it's not really like that, is it. And I'm like nah, then there's like you know, get out anyway. So for me, So your favorite beach, my favorite beach, and so so Brazil. Rio has got the reputation like okay, we've got the you know, most beautiful city of the beautiful beaches. And it's true, it is true, like Rio's two beaches, Coca Comana Epanima Beach like spectacular because the water is great, temperatures beautiful, the sand is nice and there's also so much action going on as well that they play. They play this game down there called foot volley right where it's volleyball but soccer, so you don't use your hands. This is the most incredible skill I've ever seen any splake it with their and you know, catching off their chests and heading it over and stuff like that, and it's going bopping back and forth like that. Unbelievable stuff. But the whole atmosphere, the whole vibe down there is spectacling. And I was there for New Years Eve, so the whole city was like really going to move to party. It was beautiful, beautiful, But unfortunately I didn't get any photos of this because they say, you know, you've gotta be careful on the beach, don't take any valuables down there. Because I was. I was last night. I'm like, because I was like, I didn't take it. I didn't take my camera.
Speaker 4: It didn't matter.
Speaker 5: They came into my room anyway, nick my stuff.
Speaker 4: I probably would have been safe. Don't take anything to the beach while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, anyway, I just remember the whole like the whole experience of it was was was really really awesome, so good one.
Speaker 6: You know why that's so in in like implanted in your brain because you didn't take a camera.
Speaker 5: Pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well this was the old film camera as well, so you know you have I had a little pouch and everything like that.
Speaker 4: But these are those were great beaches. Play basically you just played geo. What about this beach? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you have another beach you'd like to throw it into the mix.
Speaker 2: I think every beach has been named, every beach in the on what about.
Speaker 4: Your your home beautiful beach?
Speaker 2: Yes, everywhere in Greece is beautiful. Mediterranean sea if you happen to be on the beach is beautiful. I've met Barcelona is an incredible one.
Speaker 1: Barcelona's a good one. I just think one's cool because it's like, yeah, the city is right there.
Speaker 5: Those are those are pretty.
Speaker 2: Fun and rambling on the rambles and then you just jump jump on out of the beach. Yeah. Any beach where there's great pool or water side eating, that's the most important thing, like good gazebos or whatever you want to call it. It could be it could it could be really crappy, like nobody wants to eat and sand. But if you've got really good ability to transition from sand to a seat and eat. Yeah, oh done that in Israel is so good, and Tel Aviv so good. Life is good.
Speaker 5: I think I stumbled across vegeted vegetarianism increase increased.
Speaker 4: Factually I did. I did because I dropped it on the beach.
Speaker 5: I was on the beach and we went to one of these, one of those beautiful cafes, and the salad they brought out, the salad for someone.
Speaker 4: I said, what is that.
Speaker 2: Telling you?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you crazier than the time that you brought to me. It was back to no, I'm telling you, And I said, I first got out of.
Speaker 5: Scat and I said I want that. And I said how many meetings? And no, I said, all right, I mean, I mean I'm going for this out of salad, out of salad without me unbelievable, unbelieving here, crazy stuff.
Speaker 6: In the land of discoveredarian I.
Speaker 5: Was like, Wow, what a moment this is in my Life's a bad funny thing about grease though. In Athens don't go out for a meal at night. If Panathonakos or Olympiakos are playing in the champions like, waiters don't want to know you there they don't want to. The game's on. They're just like right and you said, like I'm ready, and the guys go, what do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I love that type of service actually, especially like us.
Speaker 4: They're just pissed.
Speaker 2: Respect it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you see Kevin Durant' video at Olympia Basketball.
Speaker 5: I know he's in your that Olympia Coast.
Speaker 2: Game and yeah there's there's flares.
Speaker 4: Yeah crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like this is the end of the world. You can hear on the in Greek is telling everybody to get that fuck away from those people. One side of the building looks like it's on fire. Wow, with Kevin Durant is filming it. Love he was there. Yeah, he's a game. Yeah cool.
Speaker 1: I will just add to this beach conversation, it's a different type of beach because I mean, think most of the beaches we're talking about, like just those just well great Spay is like twelve miles right, just pure stand all that. But I love like a coastal beach too. Like you gotta like it's an adventure to get down to you know what I mean, a lot of stairs, it's a hell a lot of work to get there. But then Once you're down there, it's like you're so isolated, like the Elgarve in Portugal, like southern part of Portugal. A lot of beautiful beaches like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a deserted yeah, like a dirt trail to get there. Saint Martin, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Kubacoe been there.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you where.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's sort of the I think it's the northeastern part of the island on the Dutch side. Uh is it on it? Well anyways, it's uh, you have to well I haven't been there since nineteen ninety nine, but you you had to go down. There's just a guy with a cooler selling a bottle of beer for a dollar kind of thing. Clothing optional, great waves and like Limestone, like there's no restaurants, there's nothing. Yeah, just like a guy with a cart on your way in and then the dudes just selling beers that are their coolers. Those are the best.
Speaker 1: And if you're going to those beaches, like you're going to the beaches, yeah we got because it's a chore to get to some of them. Yeah, And probably because of that, there's less kids at those type of beaches because yeah, you're venturing down with all your crap.
Speaker 2: Some serious waves. I'm sure some.
Speaker 1: Good beaches, great beaches, any other beaches that Yeah, a lot of great beasts.
Speaker 4: Beaches on the Pacific Coast Highway, we saw a lot of awesome ones. It's like just cool when you're dry down the road and it's like ocean to one side, gigantic mountains to the other, and you got to figure out a way to get there. But tass, you mentioned it the worst part of the beach, it's the sand. So how about a beach with no sand? Schoolhouse Beach, Washington Island, Wisconsin, all smooth limestone rocks. There's only like a handful of these pebble beaches in the world, and for whatever reason, one of them is in Wisconsin. Local laws prevent you from taking the stones off the beach because glaciers put them there. I do have a picture of some burs hanging out.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this thing is cool and crisp and clean. It's slippery when you get into the water, when you're when you're on the on the shore, you're probably gonna want to wear sandals because it's a it's very pinchity pinchity. But once you get into the sand or into the into the water. It's a little slippery because of all of the gigantic rocks underneath. But man, it's weird. It's just weird to be walking on rocks and then you're in the beach.
Speaker 6: Keep talking about that's okay.
Speaker 4: I sent it late. I sent it to myself instead of sending it to you. A little bit of a little bit of a botch, A little bit of a bit of a botch on my part. But but big old limestone in Door County, Wisconsin. It's also really cold. It's also really really cold in the in the water because it's probably Lake Michigan. I don't know, I don't know exactly, but I would assume that's the one that's stretching there.
Speaker 2: So what about I mean, we're killing some time. What about Pebble Beach in California. You guys been there.
Speaker 1: There, we go see you look at these smooth stone Yeah, I can just yeah, you can just I can picture somebody trying to walk across that without a sandals.
Speaker 4: Yeah you do. You make a little fishing trap there. Oh yeah. You know. That's the other good thing is that you're just gonna make a lot of structures because there's gigantic rocks. My buddy Adam specifically likes to just pick up the biggest thing you can find at all times. Whenever he finds like, I'm going to pick up some big rocks. I think he was trying to make a bathtub.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wisconsin, Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Beach, Wisconsin Beach, schoolhouse beach there.
Speaker 1: It is all right, let's take one more break, but when we come back, don't go anywhere. We have an incredible thing to show you. Tast teased it the other day, a new No Dunks tattoo.
Speaker 4: We'll show you that after this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back in the Classic Factory. If you're joining us here live, thank you, Thank you, thank you, hit that like button. Make sure you subscribe to No Dunks on YouTube and leave your boys a five star rating and review if you listen to the podcast. I know we should have been doing that today, but the drop became beach step in, So I guess we'll do five star Friday next Friday.
Speaker 4: Yep, get them in. Yeah, seven more days, You're lucky.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: Also, I wanted to know which album are you most excited about today? Bad Bunny, Arcade, Fire Jack Harlow.
Speaker 5: Wow, I guess I've met Kade Fire will win.
Speaker 4: Last album? Yeah, well we'll left the band.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, five, okay, yeah, you're most excited about again Jack. I thought he was an act of but I guess he's a singer too. And bad bunny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well not that bunny. We're just talking beaches. I'll put you in the mood.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you a single bad bunny.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he looks like?
Speaker 4: If I if I showed that, I think so. He doesn't look like a bunny.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing he's.
Speaker 4: He's a rapper.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, final one here, we had to show this to you as we start wrapping up Beach step in. Hello again, donkey boys. I mean I emailed a while back teasing you as a tattoo you guys would enjoy. Well, the time has come, and as a fellow basketball sico, I wanted to permanently express my love for the game and how it's gotten me through tough times, example finding myself stuck in life a lot. I felt the wedgie and we're showing you the tattoo here on YouTube. I felt this wedgie symbolizes that, you know, the being stuck in life, and you guys inspired me when I was coming up with a design that is from Matt b Matt Barrios incredible. He take it, taking the the wedgie design that we had on the T shirts are there over at no dunks dot com and putting it right there on his arm and I got to say, that looks great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very cool. I like it on the front of the bicep. Is what it looks like here from Matt.
Speaker 6: Oh interesting. I thought it was the tricep.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, I guess it could be.
Speaker 1: I thought it was his forearm. But no, no, you guys are right, because there's the creek.
Speaker 6: It looks like I think you're right it is the bicet.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's weird that I thought it was. Well, what do you think? You let you like it? Trey JD fan of this. It might get one yourself.
Speaker 6: I have no tattoos, so I don't know. It would be stupid for me to get a wedgie test works.
Speaker 4: You also have the appearance of a guy that looks like he has tattoos.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you've heard that it's more cutting edge to not have any tatoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you veered, you swerved.
Speaker 6: Here punk over here, and.
Speaker 4: You're obviously uh clean, very clear.
Speaker 1: How many how many No Dunks? I threw that in your quotes? Tattoos do we have?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: What are we up to? Three?
Speaker 5: Yes? Well one has two though, that's right Liz. Liz has the Stata's generic logo, and then she has the me right, and then old As has got the very solid play on his sort of trip right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so we're up to four No Dunk tattoos in the world.
Speaker 7: Wild stuff any other maybe, uh, ideas you could like suggest for somebody like a no Dunks inspired tattoo tray, Like I mean, you know, big b four, Uh, that's all.
Speaker 4: You got, Like you could get a beef you could get like a meat emoji on you, but I don't think people would know right away that it's for us. So maybe you would have to have like a little Andre Drummond grabbing the meat emoji. Suddenly you got an Andre drumming tattoo. And yeah, I wouldn't hey, look I'll throw it out into the world. Wouldn't mind seeing a temper boy tattoo? Yeah, especially that little logo we have on one of our t shirts. That's good. That's a good. That's good. Right, you're the angry guy your up run, you should get one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Pooh God, the old poo God T shirt, that would be a great tattoo. Yeah, he had angel wings toilet paper sort of flying around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think there's Latin on it.
Speaker 4: Yep, there is.
Speaker 1: I have that T shirt somewhere, so I'll try and find ad one too.
Speaker 4: Maybe that like just the drawing of Lee doing the thumbs up with a but like his mouth is extra wide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I like the pick. I always tweeted every once in a while. I think it's one of the funnier bits we did where we got everybody to put their thumbs into the shot in the face and it's like it feels like there's like fifteen thumbs.
Speaker 5: That was early dies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a good call from Eric Koon here in the stream team. Wasn't there somebody that had a basketball turn up? Oh yeah, you guys, awesome, it was there was. That's good.
Speaker 1: Came up to five.
Speaker 4: Yeap pocket dog tattoo I see suggested here from Bomb that'd be nice.
Speaker 6: I think someone should get tasked doing the Raptors win.
Speaker 1: Oh, the one I always post with the one thumb.
Speaker 6: That'd be great.
Speaker 4: Raptor on his shirt for a that's a good one too.
Speaker 1: Just giving you so many ideas. I've been thinking about getting tattooed, but you're right, idiot, Like at a certain point now it's like I guess you you sort of go.
Speaker 5: Why Dwyane White zincd up these things?
Speaker 4: This is a new development.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got it recently, he's got one, Like I know he's got that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, because he because he's like, I always have my shirt off, so.
Speaker 5: I put cool because I remember him saying, like, you know, because he was really in the major tat hera and he was like they just weren't for me. Dwight Howard bit the same, right Howard went from nothing to like just cut overed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I would do if they happens. Yeah, I just want like all sleeps.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, what about the J. J.
Speaker 5: Reddick one sleeve?
Speaker 6: I could do one sleep.
Speaker 5: I think one sleeve is actually pretty cool.
Speaker 6: The left and business on the right.
Speaker 5: I would do my off arm, my left arm, my sleeve.
Speaker 4: Right arms strictly for exactly just like Nick Young and the leak. That's right, I'll be cool. Yeah, your right arm, your shooting arm.
Speaker 1: Like all just buckets, little bucket for buckets, Yeah, bucket hats, buckets took.
Speaker 5: To the beach, Yeah, buckets all down.
Speaker 4: Your the guy that wore the KFC bucket on his head? And what band was that? Guns and roads head?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is like how we ended yesterday show where we were stands with numbers in them. Now we just buckets, different ouse buckets, anything else.
Speaker 5: Ah, the bucket shot.
Speaker 1: What that's called the buckets?
Speaker 4: Rick Berry Bozel buckets you know? Yeah, yeah, you're talking to men. Yeah, can I make the farthest one? I just want to cookie? No, that was something that was on Bozer I bad. Come on, man, I mean we're doing a beach step in episode supposed to be loose, we're hanging out.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me tell you it's definitely been loose, loosey goose.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean there's baseball buckets, you know, it's just about our baseball bucks. You know, there's like narrow buckets, the same bucket you'd put a big piece of feta cheese in.
Speaker 1: Home depot buckets, like they're always something I always wanted to buy their.
Speaker 4: Buckets, you know what it's that I like their buckets. Are they good?
Speaker 2: Just indestructible instruct Yeah, not really, but it's a bucket that does the bucket like things. And I like that about a bucket, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Drop your buckets, your favorite buckets in the comments section. I think that's a perfect time start wrapping this up. We got games on this weekend. Two on tonight, two on Saturday, two on Sunday. You know, we're back on Monday to break it all down. How many series are we going to have left come Monday morning? That's the real question, fully full of it, hopefully, hopefully for but we will find out and we'll talk to you guys on Monday live at ten a m Eastern Again, send in your questions. We'll be doing some more beach stuff. And you trust me.
Speaker 4: No dunks at the Athletic dot Com trust trust, you.
Speaker 2: Trust, very trusting. I thought you were going to put up the hands like when Lee was saying it's cold at the Australian beach.
Speaker 4: You trust trust me.
Speaker 1: I'll make you a beach stepping podcasts.
Speaker 4: You'll never forget.
Speaker 2: Have to download?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, send them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com, Tweet them in at no dunk sink or leave them into YouTube comment section. Guys, have great weekend. Great to see you. Why do you won't dressed up?
Speaker 4: Where are you going?
Speaker 2: Going to pledge my allegiance to this country? Wow? You gonna go tell someone that I would bear arms for this congratulations?
Speaker 4: I guess you. The test went okay, went well? Citizenship, it went well, it went well.
Speaker 2: So yes, going to yeah, say an oath today?
Speaker 4: Straight from the factory to the oath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll probably maybe detour, maybe go do some American things for a bit. What show? What should I do?
Speaker 5: Down a bucket of wings?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good bucket, real good bucket.
Speaker 2: Bucket of wings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gonna go to the gun range.
Speaker 1: Right, you're gonna buy some fireworks.
Speaker 2: You gotta go buy some headphones, earphones.
Speaker 5: Flag a flag off the back of your car. You gotta have the stars and stripes, eating apple pie?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 1: What's the most American song that he has to be blaring while he pulls in Springsteen?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 5: We'll turn this song.
Speaker 4: I love this song. Alright.
Speaker 1: We will talk to you guys on Monday. Until then, Clipper bros.
Speaker 4: You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us, and remember hope the Boston Celtics and the Milwaukee Buckets have a great game on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Praise the weekend people,