Speaker 1: Welcome to part two of our interview with Lori Lachlin. You love her, We love her, So let's not waste any more time before jumping into part two of this amazing interview.
Speaker 2: What were some of the other roles that you did that you really loved or that were something different or fun that you got to do well.
Speaker 3: Before I did Full House, I did a movie with c Thomas Howe and Kelly Preston called Secret Admirer. Oh, and it was a big film for Orian Pictures at the time, Okay, and it was like a teen romantic comedy and it was so much, oh my gosh, so much fun. In fact, I think there's an episode of Is there an episode of Full House where there's a love letter that gets passed around and it's.
Speaker 4: Secret Admirers the Secret Admirer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that was that came. That idea came to Jeff from that movie. I did Secret Admirer, and that's how Jeff and that's how Jeff was aware of me as an actress because of that movie. He saw that movie and he liked that movie. So when they were casting the role of Beth, he was like, Oh, can we see about that girl? Lorie Lockwood and that that sort of and then that's how that little storyline came along on Full House because that was the premise of Secret Admirer. It was a love letter that actually my character wrote and it kind of gets and it gets passed all over the place and to the parents of the kids, and everybody thinks this everybody somebody else, And that was the premise of that story. But that movie was so much fun. We shot in Los Angeles. It was it see Thomas Howell had just come off of the.
Speaker 4: House that nothing shoots in LA.
Speaker 3: I know. It was great. It was great, Like it was when you could shoot in LA and you could go like be up on the hills near the Hollywood sign, like it was just amazing. It was just amazing, And it was such a fun shooting. It was such a fun movie, and so I'm really fond of that. I also did a movie called The Night Before with Keanu Reeves and it was like a little independent film about a popular girl in high school who loses a bet and has to go to prom with a nerdy guy and he picks her up and he's driving to prom, but he's got like a what do you call it? Direction? I can't think of a name right now.
Speaker 4: My old brains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a compass the thing of his car. And he also has a gift for me that's got a magnet. So when he puts the magnet near the compass, he ends up getting going the wrong way and going to downtown LA and then he loses me. He wakes up in an alleyway, he can't find me, and it turns out he's like sold me, like just some trafficker.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I hate when that happens. That's the worst.
Speaker 3: But it was a funny.
Speaker 4: It was a wake up like, oh no, not again, yeah, my friend.
Speaker 3: But it was like this funny, quirky black comedy. It was really it was. It was fun. And we shot downtown Los Angeles at night. In fact, we went to lunch, well lunch for one night. We came back and some gang had gotten into a fight and somebody had been murdered in the alleyway where we were just shooting. Oh oh my goodness. Like we were like, yeah, we were in the thick of it. But it was fun, Like I loved it. It was fun. It was so much fun.
Speaker 4: Keanu Reeves was a nerdy guy.
Speaker 3: He was the nerdy guy. Could he was?
Speaker 2: He was so much we all knew before we knew that he.
Speaker 4: Was gonna be.
Speaker 3: He was what a lovely, lovely man.
Speaker 2: I want to meet him so bad, just because I hear he's so awesome and nice and lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just a dream. He really is so sweet.
Speaker 4: Great to hear.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I didn't know that you auditioned for the Blue Lagoon for the role. I eventually went to brook Shields.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Tell me how old were you and what on that audition.
Speaker 3: I don't remember how old I was. I was pretty young, maybe thirteen fourteen? Oh wow, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I got and I yeah, she was like fifteen when she did it, right, she.
Speaker 3: Brook is younger than I am. So she was, oh, okay, but you know what, you know what like, look, so we all have auditions, We get close on things, we get offers, we passed, we do whatever you know. For me, Ultimately, I was like, I don't think I was. As I kept getting further along in the audition process, I was like, I don't know that. I'm like, I just me emotionally. I just didn't run the content for me, not that it was any big deal. But at the time when you're little and you're like, oh I whatever, I just felt oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, god yeah, when you're thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, you're like.
Speaker 3: When everything's meant to be the ways, man, like, that's her role. I always believe it. Your name is on it, it's you know what I mean, it goes to the person it's supposed to go to. Totally.
Speaker 4: And maybe you know what, maybe she auditioned with Todd.
Speaker 3: She might maybe Todd said, you know, Todd.
Speaker 2: Was like, you know, I auditioned with people and then they get movies and I don't. And his last audition was with you and then and they went and on Blue Lagoon. And well, when I.
Speaker 3: Started modeling, I Brooke was one of the people I first met and modeled with when we were kids.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, yeah, yeah in New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And she's such a nice what a nice person. She's such a lovely just a lovely girl. I mean, just a really nice woman.
Speaker 1: That's great to hear.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I did you know?
Speaker 4: Weren't you also in was it Rad?
Speaker 3: Rad?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My goodness, so Rad is a movie I did that. Hal Needham, who was a stuntman, used to work with Burt Reynolds a lot. We did this movie called Rad and it was a very sweet film and then Hal got his hands on it and kind of smokey and the bandit like you remember them were just smoking the band and he kind of like infused some of that kind of stuff into it. Yeah. Yeah, And when I got to work in Calgary, I thought, and I really liked Hal a lot. He was He's a really nice man. But I thought, oh man, this movie it got so cheesy. It got really cheesy, and I thought, well, maybe it'll just it'll come and go, like it'll come and go, and it's got the craziest cult following to this place.
Speaker 4: I have more young one of those. So weird to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they love that movie Rad. But Hal was so funny, such a sweet man. But I remember the lead actor, what was his name, Bill Allen, I think was the lead. And Hal was so funny. He loved Burt Reynolds, like, he had this incredible relationship with Burt Reynolds and did the smoking in the bandit movies with them, and he'd come up and this was his direction. Sometimes he'd say to Bill Allen, remember that line that Burt said in smoking in the bandit like this same line like that. I thought, that's the craziest direction.
Speaker 4: Was like know that other movie, just do that movie say.
Speaker 3: The line like its okay, that was weird direction. But Hal is fun like he was. He was just a good old cowboy. So I have to say, like, I can't really recall having too many bad experiences. I feel lucky that way, you know, in my career, or or sometimes I think if things were going awry on set, I was just oblivious. I don't know. I've always just loved what I was doing and always found the joy in it and always had a good time and always felt blessed to be working with really nice people. So I'm happy to say, like all of those memories are good ones.
Speaker 2: Good yeah, And that's you know, I always like to be able to tell those stories too, because you know, we so often hear about all of the bad things. But I always say, like our experience particularly on full House and Fuller House and all of that, but I do think even a lot of us in this business had relatively good experiences overall and loved what we did. And you know, with full House, the majority of you know, our time for eight years I mean that was, like you said, it was sort of unprecedented in how well we got along and how much we loved being together.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad it was. I'm glad it was a good experience for you guys to because we did all, like I always felt, we were all everybody behind the camera in front of the camera were there to make sure, yes, obviously to do our jobs, but also to make sure that you guys were okay, that you were well taken care of. You know, your parents were always around. I think that was so important. They were always included. So I'm glad that because you obviously we were hearing a different side of the whole Nickelodeon thing right now, which is very heartbreaking and really sad. Right, no child should ever experience the horrors, and we.
Speaker 2: We were just so you know, fortunate, and like I just look at I'm like, I just got to grow up with this really big, awesome family that like that loved me and that we had fun and like performed and acted silly together and traveled occasionally and did all kinds of fun stuff, and like it was, Yeah, it was. It was an amazing experience. Oh my god, so many laughs. Yeah, I always wondered, like, did you have any input on Becky as a character, like who she was or how she was with Jesse or with the kids, or was was that kind of already they already had an idea of who Becky was going to be.
Speaker 3: No, And I think this happens a lot in television. I think you come on and then you start playing the role, and I think the writers watch and they go, like, I remember Lenny Rips, one of our writers, said.
Speaker 4: To me, we have Lenny on a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I love Lenny anyway. I remember Lenny said to me, we figured out, Laurie that you were kind of had a good Yeah, you were good at sarcasm, like your comedy. A lot of your comedy came out of these sarcastic one liners. And once they kind of realize that, then they would sort of write to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they look at you and then they find your strengths and they write to what they think are your comedic straits and yeah, and you know, and I think that's how that's so. It's so I think it's what you're you're putting into it and how you're interpreting the role. And I think then if you're you've got a good set of writers, they're watching you going, oh, she's really good here, let's write more of that for her. That's funny, you know, or these heartwarming scenes like that, you know, like they nailed that, like she and John have that. Or the chemistry between me and John. I think that we had a lot of chemistry and they're like, oh, yeah, let's run with that, you know. So so I think it's a combination of both. I think it's what you bring. But I think in television, especially when you you don't always know what the long term journey is going to be, right, like you're figuring it out. Writers are figuring it out from season to season because you're watching your actors and how they perform. It helps inform you as to maybe where a story can go and the strengths of what you know that actor can play to.
Speaker 2: It's really I love thinking about that sort of collaboration of you know.
Speaker 3: But I think was always very collaborative, like we would have our it really was, and uh after work and you know, if we all had input. I remember like if if the guys were unhappy about something, or if Bob, you know, sometimes Bob was like, oh my god, I'm going you would get mad because I'm always cleaning so much. I'm always cleaning so much. And then like you know, Jeff would try to right, I'll back some, we'll take some of that down, Bob. Well, we won't make you so neurotic about cleaning, you know, just but he was open to listening and going, okay, I can adjust that for you.
Speaker 2: Jeff was deaf, definitely, I would say an anomaly in most showrunners in that he was very open to listening to his actors and other people, and he was like, oh, let's talk about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There was he had no ego about it.
Speaker 2: He was willing, no, none, No, he really didn't. And he was like, all right, that's fine. You don't like it, you know. And and when we went back into fuller, you know, we kind of learned that as adults too. If we'd be like, oh that sucks, he was like, all right, cool, well don't do it, you know, like he just didn't take it personally, and like that also set the tone for everyone. You weren't like on pins and needles, you felt like, oh, we can all work.
Speaker 3: And that's not always the case, because we've all known the stories about the showrunners and the writers that really rule with an iron fist store. You can't say you can't be off by one word. You've got to like be letter perfect and you know, and it's we've all heard those stories, but you don't have any input. You have you know whatever. Right, So Jeff is really and you're right, he was the top, right, he's our show runner, so he sets the tone for the whole show, you know it always, And that's how that worked. The person at the top is the one that, like you said, can make it a really hellish experience or a really beautiful experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, was he was always great. Like I remember one time I was doing a bit and it wasn't working, so they rewrote it. I just kept trying to make this bit work, and he came over to me and he was like, is there any way you can make this work? And I'm like, no, it's so far out there. I don't remember specifics. But he's like, Okay, well, then it's a writing problem. It's not an actor problem, it's a writing problem. And so he went back and they scrapped that whole bit from the scene so he was very protective of his actors and.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that so much. Now, Yeah, there was no berating.
Speaker 2: There was never like, oh why can't He was like, Okay, let's figure out how we make it work best.
Speaker 4: And that's I think it's interesting.
Speaker 2: People don't always hear how different it can be when you have someone who's really supportive, like kind of in charge of running the show.
Speaker 4: You hear so often about the people that are.
Speaker 2: Screaming, and never you know the sets are miserable to work on, and you're like, but there are those people too that also make it really pleasant and make you love your job and love to be creative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you know, the experience and that we all had and the love that we all had for each other on the show. I always believe besides the show being a good show and a funny show, I think the chemistry that we all had as a cast and the good time that we were having was really palpable. If you watch the show, you can feel it. And I think it's one of the reasons it became such a successful show because people said, Oh, I want to spend time with this family, I want to be part of this family. I'd like a family like this. I want to be part of this group.
Speaker 4: And I think I've always not the same thing.
Speaker 2: And I think it's why people wanted to see what happened to us thirty years later, because they knew we all still had a reallylationship and oh my gosh, we want to see more of that. Like I mean, we would post a picture on Instagram and people would lose there, you guys still hang out. And it was before full House Fuller came back, and I was like, yeah, we do, and there was such an investment in the relationships and it was so.
Speaker 4: Palpable.
Speaker 2: I mean even watch rewatching these shows and seeing the evolution of the you know, like John's relationship with Ashley Mary Kate, you can see it on like the girls kind of warming up to him and you know, and like these relationships really developing, and it is It's part of what makes the show so fun to watch.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I remember when Fuller House was announced that it was coming was coming back or you know, coming on there was was it a trailer they released, you guys and it was on YouTube or it hit YouTube, and I believe so yeah, and it got so many millions of views, and so my girls grew up watching like the Disney Channel Hannah on Tana, and I never really put full House on for them, And in fact, if they stumbled on full House, they didn't they didn't even want to watch it. Maybe it was weird for them. I don't know. They were just like and I'm like, do you want to watch that show? And they would be like, no, we want to watch Hannah Montana. I'm like, okay, thanks, kids, but.
Speaker 4: Right support exactly.
Speaker 3: But when the trailer for Fuller House came out and it got so many millions of views, I'll never forget Olivia called me up and she goes, oh my god, Mom, I didn't I'd never realize, like what a big show this was. Like, my kids had no idea. They were blown away by the response to Fuller House and that we were all reuniting for Fuller House. They were absolutely just flabbergasted. I couldn't believe. Like that, kids, they couldn't believe. And even I think even for us, weren't you a little like, well, I know we were a hit show, but my goodness, the reception for Fuller House was off the charts.
Speaker 2: Always I've always felt that way about the show though, Like I would go do appearances and people would show up and you're like, wow, so you're all watching the show, just all oh wow. A lot of it never felt quite like it sunk in just how impactful this was. But now forty some odd years into it, I know it's amazing. You're like, oh my gosh, we have so much. I mean, it's like a cultural touchstone in a lot of ways, not only in this country, even I know.
Speaker 1: A lot of Italy because Full House was filmed before social media, so we couldn't feel like we had Nielsen ratings. So we knew that the show was popular, but we didn't have the influx of views and light right and comment God, thank God, yes, so happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you imagine thankfully, and you could go out. I do remember, though, when I would go out with John, like sometimes John and I would we would pal around off, you know, when we were outside of work too. We'd go shopping, we'd go to malls, we do it. And I remember a couple of times is being in a mall with John and coming past like a group of girls and.
Speaker 4: You just knew. You were like, we're gonna the screaming.
Speaker 3: We're screaming. The craziness, the screaming when girls saw him was unbelievable. Wow, because I was used to people would reckon, Like people would come up to me and be like, oh, Hi, are you on that show or were you on that soap up? Or are you like normal, like Hi, nice to see you, or I watched you. No, not with him, these girls would get so crazy they'd be like screaming, blood curdling. I couldn't like control themselves. He was. He was a big heart drop, he really was.
Speaker 1: He must have loved that.
Speaker 2: Yes and no, though, can you imagine, like I always feel like just you walk in somewhere and people start screaming.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not you know, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: The first time I was with him and it happened, I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, yeah startling, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, a group of thirteen year old, fourteen, fifteen year old girls just screaming at you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's high pitched, very screaming.
Speaker 3: But you're right. I'm glad we didn't have social media back then. I'm glad we didn't have paparazzi that are around now. I'm glad we could have some sort of like a normal life off camera and be on camera, and it was Yeah, I long for those days. It feels like such a crazy free for all. Now I don't. I don't like, oh, just well can be it can be beautiful, and it can be toxic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just I hate the internet so general is a blanket statement. I'm with you same s.
Speaker 2: You've now gone on and you're producing, and you've done so much post Full House with One Calls the Heart and all of your Hallmark movies. Yeah, I mean, what's that been like to get to kind of move into the producing and do it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: You know, my one show that I'm really proud of, which was for the WB when the WB was around, was a show called Summerland.
Speaker 4: I remember that show. I watched that.
Speaker 3: I was great, Yeah, that I created and that was you know, it was like it was my germ of an idea. And then Stephen Tolkien, like you know, wrote the script and was the creator and but but it was my germ of an idea, like I had. I had a meeting over at the WB and they asked for the meeting. I had done another pilot for a series that didn't get picked up, but as they were trying to shop around, when this one network passed on it, the production company took it and tried to shop it to other networks. And so the WB saw the pilot and they were like, we're not going to pick up the pilot, but we'd like to meet with her. So I went in and they said, yeah, my ma called up, like you have a general meeting. They just want to meet with you. And I thought, you know, I know how these meetings go. You walk in and they say, well, we'd like to be in business with you. Do you have any ideas about what do you got? Yeah? What what would you like to do? So I thought, let me just come up with some germ of an idea. So when I got to the meeting and they said, well, do you have any ideas? I said, well, I do have this one idea about a woman who was living this great single life in California and her sister and her brother in law are killed in an accident tragically, and she inherits her sister's three kids and that you know, so I guess and they and they were just like, oh, well, we've been wanting to do like some form of that idea of you know, surrogate family whatever, and then we were kind of off and running developed that but and it was it was a long time getting it off the ground and getting it to like but I just remember it was I really loved the process of like literally from the ground up to when we went to our sound stage and they were building the sets and I walked on and I was like, oh my gosh, like this is really cool, Like this germ of an idea came out of my brain and now I've created jobs people, and like it was. It was really it was really cool. And then unfortunately we were got caught in the middle of like the WV was going under. We got switched from one president of the network to the other. And then quite often what happens is when a new guy comes in, they're like they tried to scrap all the old guy shows, and we got kind of just caught in the crossfire. But out of the gate, it was a successful show. It did really well. But I was really proud of that, Like I really and I'm still proud of that, even though we only lasted two seasons. I was really I was just happy to have that experience and that and that process and then working for you're doing One Calls the Heart was wonderful, and and then now doing a little bit of stuff for you know, I came up with an idea of this past year did a Christmas movie for Great American Family, but it was really based on There's a wonderful writer, Alfonso Moreno, that I met when I was doing One Calls the Heart, and I call him up and I was like, Alfonso, I'd like to come up with a Christmas movie that's meaningful to me. And I've been doing all this work at Project Angel Food, which feeds critically ill people and started years ago. Mary and Williamson started Projucated Food years ago when when AIDS was.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a huge, it was huge, and it amazing.
Speaker 3: And thankfully we have now you know, HIV medication, yay. But the organization has lasted and so it feeds great. So I went to Alfonso and I said, like, I'd love to you know, here's my experience of Project Agel Food. Like I went there, they really like extended an olive branch to me, my friend Brad Bessie. I went there, fell in love with everyone, fell in love with the work that they were doing, and when it was time for me, like when I met all those required community service hours, I was like, well, I really don't want to leave here, like I love it here, and they were like, well, we love you, we love for you to stay here. And you realize in that moment of like you go to do something, you go to do charity work, and you think, of course you feel good because you're giving back and you're helping people, but what you what you The epiphany I had was this is as much as I'm helping, they're helping me even more, Like this is helping me even more. Like it just feeds your soul in a way where you're like, wow, this has been more helpful to me. You guys have been more helpful than me than I've been to you. And so we came up with this idea for a Christmas Blessing, which is a Christmas movie that Aaron Great American Family lashed this past year, and I was really proud of it because it had such a special meaning to me because of the work that I was doing at Project Angel Food. So it's fun to be able to take your life experience, you know, and things that are meaningful and see get and get you know, a writer on board and see it come to fruition and you know, turn out a heartfelt story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the process of creation and getting to you know, kind of watch it come to life and all of its various steps from beginning to end. As I mean, it's really fulfilling.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and it's fine, and I still love to be there and it's just amazing. It's just it's just amazing. But yeah, you know, and I feel lucky. I'm got some other good projects that are good coming up, and I feel really very blessed and lucky about that. And I was really had a lot of fun working on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I just so it was really really I love.
Speaker 4: I just love that show.
Speaker 1: How did that come about? And how did they approach you?
Speaker 3: Like, tell us you know what seemed to be Larry and Jeff Schaeffer called my manager and they said, listen, we have this idea for Laurie, and we get it. If she doesn't want to do it, our feelings won't be hurt. Like, but this is our thought you know, this is our thought process for the storyline. And my manager called me up and she's like, I got a phone call from from Jeff and Larry David and this is their idea. And when they pitched the idea to me, I just couldn't stop laughing. I was like, oh, this is so funny, and I thought, you know it's and I thought, you know what, I'm game. I'm game to make fun of myself. I'm game to like you know whatever. You know what I mean, like you have to like life.
Speaker 2: Is life once you can do that, and nobody could You're like make fun of myself?
Speaker 4: Who can you can say anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So and I really genuinely thought it's really funny, Like what a funny idea. So I was like, I'm totally game. I'm told, but I didn't know everything that because they don't there's no script, right, you go there and they just tell you when you like, they gave me the rough outline of what the plot would be, but I didn't know the specifics and anything. And when I got there and they pulled up that orange Porsche, like, oh my gosh, could you guys, could you see me driving an orange Porsche? But then when they pulled up the orange Porsche with the handicapped sticker this is your car, and I was like, oh no, okay, we're really going for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah yeah, So but I laughed.
Speaker 3: I thought the whole thing was so funny and and I love their process. I love their process of they don't even rehearse you. They were you're gonna start here, You're going to walk here. This is a general idea of what the scene is. If you can slip this line in, great go And.
Speaker 4: That was that was how we did Hollywood Darlings. Was all so much wow.
Speaker 3: Like the first time you do it, you're you're like, oh and terrifying.
Speaker 2: You're like on the edge, like I don't know, and it's the most you get through it.
Speaker 4: You're like, ah that was weird and awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I just was like, this is fantastic. Can we just like I want to work like this all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now memorizing you're like, just get to go, just go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it was really fun. So yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Have to say the most Larry David moment though, that I when I saw I remember seeing him.
Speaker 4: It was that was it Bob's memorial at Jeff's house.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I was driving down the hill because everyone was waiting, and I was like, my social anxiety is out. I have to this is too much, right, and we're heading down the hill, and up the hill is walking Larry David from like streets streets back because he didn't want to wait in the line, and he's just walking up the hill by himself, and all I could hear was the curb your enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: And he because he just looked like why am I doing this?
Speaker 2: This is And I was like, I can bet he's gonna walk in there, walking about thirty feet, say hello, and walk back out exactly.
Speaker 4: And they were like, exactly what he did, right.
Speaker 2: That's that's yeah, he got them here but turned around.
Speaker 4: Well it took him forty five minutes to walk up the hill.
Speaker 3: That was unbelievable, all those cars up to Jeff. So I just goes to show you how loved Bob was, you know, that was that was an incredible outpouring from everywhere. You know, it was just amazing. He would have loved that.
Speaker 1: Do you still go to Bob's final resting place? I know you and I met there one day. Bob's Do you still visit.
Speaker 3: One of my my route for Project Dange of food when I make my deliveries is right near the cemetery. So quite often what I do is I'll do the deliveries and then I'll stop and get flowers and I'll go up and I'll put them on the grave.
Speaker 1: So it's so healing. It's so peaceful up there and quite awest.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it's it's it's I.
Speaker 4: Mean, if it was loud, Bob, you know, if it was loud, be surprised. Oh that's true, right, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's very peaceful, and there's something oddly comforting, like his family is there, so he's close by his mom and his dad and his sister. But that he's so close to Warner Brothers where we shot the show, it's kind of oddly comforting. It's it's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, do you.
Speaker 1: Remember where you were when you heard the news that Bob passed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. I was playing golf. It was a Sunday and I was with Moss and we just came off the golf course and I had my phone in my bag because I obviously didn't have it on the golf course, I had it. I took my phone out of my bag and I had I probably had twenty five miss phone calls. As I'm looking at my phone, I have twenty five misphone calls from John. I have like fifteen miss phone calls from Dave. I think I have a few misphone calls or whatever from Candice. And as I'm looking at my phone and I'm thinking, oh, that's not good. I just all these misphone calls. I couldn't imagine what was going on. My phone rang in my hand and it was Jody. Oh, and I answered that it was Jody. Yeah, do you remember Jody? And I and I answered the phone and.
Speaker 4: I answered the phone, and you were like, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: What? Yeah? And she goes, it's Bob and I'm like what what? She goes, No, He's gone, and I just I just I just fell to my knees and I just remember like Moss trying to pick me up and get me out to the car to the parking lot, and it was just I still can't believe it. I still can't believe it. It's still is hard to believe. And then I remember I got I called John right away after I hung up with Jody, and I just remember we made a plan. We went to Bob's that night, I guess you guys were all there. Its ad Bob and Kelly's and yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was just it was a surreal week.
Speaker 3: It's just it still is, you know, and it's such a loss, and you still somehow think like, oh, it's maybe he'll come back. You know, it's just so weird, like it's just hard, it's hard to believe. But he was great and what a good man, and three beautiful daughters, and and you know, his first wife Sherry, such a lovely person, and then Kelly is just amazing. And yeah, you know, and I'm glad that Bob, even though their time was short, I'm glad he found Kelly because he waited a long time to find Kelly, you know, and have that kind of love, which is so I'm glad he had it for a little while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always say I think Bob went out at the.
Speaker 2: Absolute peak of what he was, his of everything. Yeah, he got off stage, he had an amazing show. He posted about how great it went. He absolutely loved it. He was in love with Kelly, his girls were good. Get you know, Audrey was going to be getting there, like it just it was like just the time of and.
Speaker 3: He was excited for his new show foruring the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was we all know that there would have been so much more fun and success after. But yeah, at the same time, like what a blessing to be Like, man, life is great and that's it.
Speaker 3: To have that joy, Yeah, I agree to have that joy. And there was there was so much more that he did obviously want to do. And his girls, you know, I my heart always like his his girls. Yeah, you know that's a big loss for all of us, but especially for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's been so nice to hear the outpouring of support. I mean, it helps personally with our own grief to hear just how much people loved him all over the world. Yeah, famous people, a lot of famous people. Like the personal stories, the big stories. It's just it's so wonderful. And that's the one silver lining in all of this, is getting to hear all the wonderful stories about Bob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's and it really was, like, I mean, I knew he was loved, but boy, the outpouring was just overwhelming.
Speaker 2: He's so mad he didn't get to see himself on all those magazines.
Speaker 3: You always kept saying, well, now how am I going to top that, I'm like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't We're gonna have to shoot him out of the cannon, like yeah, you know, just just really go for it, even you know, drap him in. Sorry, John, this is how it's.
Speaker 4: Going, you know what.
Speaker 2: I know how he wants to go make him into fireworks that go off at Disneyland and there watch the fireworks show and then we just we shoot him out of the cannon.
Speaker 4: And we love you. And that's yeah. People are either laughing or like something's wrong with you.
Speaker 1: That's you get it from boll so yes.
Speaker 2: But that's I absolutely loved getting to talk to you today.
Speaker 4: It's been so great.
Speaker 2: You were such a huge influence on us as kids and as young women, and you you were that maternal influence in the in the Tanner household that really you brought so much to not only the character and our characters, but really just to the dynamic of the show and of the people and of the cast.
Speaker 4: And it wouldn't have been the same without you.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. Well you know how I feel about you, guys. I love you girls to the moon and back. I really do. And I always feel so blessed for the time I had with all of you, and I'm so glad to be on your podcast today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so glad you were here today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. We just love you so much and I appreciate you and love you every single day. And it's so great to get to catch up and ask you questions we've never asked you before and get to know you a little bit better. Very special.
Speaker 3: Anytime. I'll come back anytime, awesome.
Speaker 2: We'll tell tell the family Hello, tell the girls high High. I'll be planning a costume party for the next.
Speaker 4: Time I see him.
Speaker 2: Mandatory, mandatory costumes. Except he's the only one. I'm going to make it the only one.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we just absolutely love you, Laurie. So thank you so much for being on the show. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Anytime.
Speaker 4: By her niece, Tata, that was. That was so lovely.
Speaker 1: It was so great, so great to see her and catch up. And she's just such a great, lovely, wonderful, beautiful sweet like I have no bad things to say about her ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was and I love like hearing how she got I didn't realize she was so young.
Speaker 4: Yeah when she got into the business. Yeah, I didn't realize that's like a preteen teenager. She was.
Speaker 1: She was like a child actor too at fifteen, right A, yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly, I mean you know technically she was, she was, she was.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so.
Speaker 4: Glad she was on the show. What a great fun interview.
Speaker 2: Fans, cast and crew will all agree that Full House would definitely not be the same with Aunt Becky. Can you imagine what we would have had to deal with with Jesse. He would have been out a hand, just completely adding the horror. But Laurie is truly one of a kind and we feel so lucky to have had the chance to talk to her about a show that is so near and dear to our hearts and that she was such a big, huge part of. So a big thank you to Laurie for joining us today, and thank you for joining us as well and listening.
Speaker 4: We're so glad that you're here.
Speaker 2: If you want to find us on social media, you can check out Instagram and find us at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us emails at howardpodcast at gmail dot com and make sure you're liking it subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so you can make sure and get all the newst episodes as soon as they come out and leave us some reviews, leave us some ratings, and we'd love to hear how you guys think it's going. We always love to hear from the fan Ritos and remember, everybody, join us next week for another exciting episode of how Rude Tanerto's Sorry I'm seeing. I'm already psyching myself out. I'm going to try and do it without the bracelet.
Speaker 4: You're sweating, I'm sweating. Remember, everybody, the world is small, but the house is full.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're off book or off bracelet?
Speaker 4: I should off bracelet, bracelet.
Speaker 1: I am very impressed.