Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, presented by Draft Kings Sportsbook, where everything's fine. We're just fine, just totally chill, totally normal. Twenty four hours here since we've last been in the Chris Wesleyan podcast studio with my friend Patrick Claybon, my other friend Steve Weish. We're here for the Week ten preview. Let's go, let's get to football, Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I know I've reached out to some folks. I'm very, very fortunate and I always have been. Yeah, to be surrounded by the people that I have in my life, and I couldn't imagine spending it with any other group of people. Appreciate you, Patrick, that was a great shout out to all y'all. Yeah, for real back there behind the glass. I appreciate you guys absolutely.
Speaker 1: More on the great people behind the glass a little later in the show. This will be Randy Schavis's last day behind the studio wall for NFL Daily. We'll talk about him. Give him some flowers late later in the show. And that is a great sentiment. I did feel better getting getting to work today and seeing everyone and just being back in the football mix. And we're gonna do We're gonna do the preview the same way we always do smallest to biggest spreads.
Speaker 3: And we start with a team.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys know, the New York Jets are all fixed now, guys.
Speaker 3: Everything is great.
Speaker 2: They're taking that greatness on the road to go up against the Arizona Cardinals, who greg are on a three game winning streak with Jonathan Gannon's defense giving up a top five EPA per drop back despite having a sack by committee approach?
Speaker 3: Do they get it done against the Jets? Wow?
Speaker 1: This is such a fun late afternoon game, really in a window where there aren't, you know, great options, This to me is really fascinating to me. And yeah, can Nick Rollis in this defense turn into like a steady defense that at least isn't giving up big plays and gives problems to a Jets offense which got going finally in the second half of that Thursday night game.
Speaker 4: They get the extra rest here.
Speaker 1: But I kind of look at it the other way around and think about this Cardinals offense because that's how if they're gonna make the playoffs this year, it's gonna because their offense, yeap is next level And I love Steve how Kyler Murray has quietly transformed a little bit who he is. Not a lot of negative plays like last week, not flashy. It was one of the first Cardinals wins I can remember where Kyler didn't do much. But that's almost a good sign if you look at his numbers, very few negative plays. He's in the top ten in the league in terms of pressure to sack ratio, so he's avoiding sacks. He's in the top ten of the league in terms of turnover worthy play percentage, so he's not making mistakes. He's not fumbling them ball, he's not throwing picks. And of course you get the spectacular plays sometimes maybe you don't need them all against the Jets, as long as you don't make big mistakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is the first time probably in his career, you know, when he's healthy where he hasn't had to do as much. He's still the bearer of the cross, so to speak. But he's got some weapons. James Connor is a stud I want to ask both of you guys, just though, because to me, this is kind of a okay, make us believe something can happen game? Is it more so for the Jets? Or for the Cardinals, like make me a believer for type game Jets.
Speaker 3: It's still the.
Speaker 2: Jets for me. I've seen this Cardinalsteon win three three games a round. I think they beat close games.
Speaker 1: But I kind of feel like I know who they are, and I don't know that they're going to win the division or not, but they're going to be in the mix and they present a lot of problems for you.
Speaker 4: I still don't know who the Jets are.
Speaker 3: So but if the Jets lose this then okay, it's it's a rap. Yes, you know, the.
Speaker 5: The owner can go back to England and you know, the rest of the team can can do whatever. They can figure it out. But if they win this game, it could get very interesting. I mean, I I love it's only a one point difference here because I think it's a toss up type of game. I you know, I look at the Jets defense. Kyler's a different guy than they've played, and he's so good. You know how much I love Kyler Murray and the way that he plays. It's it's kind of like, if the Cardinals win this game, I'm like you, I'm kind of like, Okay, they're gonna be a pain. They're gonna be a tough out, but if they win this game, it's kind of like the old Leonardo Dicaprian Jango. Now, sir, you have my attention. I knew you like that, but no, I love it thematic on the day. So I had to go look up who leads the Cardinals in sacks? Do you guys know?
Speaker 2: No, Dennis Gardexti. It's Dante Stills. He's got three and a half sacks. Zavan Collins has three. We at least know who he is. Chris Chris Barnes k r yass Barnes has two sacks. I normally when there's a game coming up against Aaron Rodgers and the Jets, I try to key on like this one in particular edge rusher, Like where do the Jets need to focus? I don't know what they do here with this this kind of sack by committee approach. And then over on the other side, the Jets too much to their pleasure right this season, have forced the second most pass attempts on the run this season. They other quarterbacks scramble on eighteen point seven percent of plays.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Problem now is it's Kyler m You're right, So that's something you don't want.
Speaker 4: To do well.
Speaker 1: That was one of my takeaways from that Thursday night game. Could is the Jets pass rush back Hassan Reddick had a nice game. Everyone has a nice game against the Texans, but they were getting pressure at like every position. Will McDonald a nice game. Quinn Williams has played his two best games of the season back to back weeks, and that's actually a strength for the Cardinals. Their offensive lines played pretty well this year. Like to me, when it's the Jets having the ball, though, that's a game plan matchup because the Cardinals don't have the players ultimately, but sometimes they can confuse the opposition.
Speaker 4: Can they confuse you.
Speaker 1: Know, Aaron Rodgers and you know whoever Todd downing and calling the plays?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Maybe not.
Speaker 1: They're just such an up and down team. I think we're going to see some points in this game. I actually think both offenses end up winning.
Speaker 5: I agree, And by that, you go to the Cardinals pass. You know that the pass rush. They're not going to confuse Aaron Rodgers. No one's going to confuse him. They can confuse that offensive line. They can do some things because okay, who do we scheme against? Where do we shift the doubles in certain situations. We don't know, and we know Johnathan Ganton is very creative in generating pressures.
Speaker 3: I think this is gonna be a fantastic game.
Speaker 1: And Rogers like spelled out looking at his schedule talking to Al and Kirk kurb Street like going through all the games that they could win, and that's all true. But even if they won this game and it's close in their four and six, it's like, that's a pretty slim margin for and I look at all these games, it's like, yeah, you can win them all, but you can lose them all. There's no there's no game where you're like, oh, the Jets are the way better team.
Speaker 4: So TBD on them getting off fraud Watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they've in fact, they're gonna have to do something. We're gonna have to invent a term right to come back from fraud Watch, because like it was, it wasn't just necessarily a watch. It was confirmed, like they fired their coach, they had to make a huge trade to get Davonte Adams to change the circumstance, and then they're able to slide past this Texans team that's going in the wrong direction. On Halloween Night where they needed that touchdown to DeVante. That was that was to put the game. It wasn't like they were running away. And I know that malcol Corley had the mistake, but there's plenty of teams all across the league, Seattle, uh, Miami, all these teams that had game changing mistakes. The Jets survived that that won against the Texans, but you know they're still they're not all.
Speaker 3: Watch I believe. I believe now that the possible alert possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that the offense is back enough, I'm sick of trying to make the decision on my fantasy team which to start DeVante or Garrett Wilson. I've been just trying to like, guess, I'm just gonna start them both. I believe that they'll have a good enough game here against the Cardiffs.
Speaker 5: Offensively, I'm just saying, I'm just guessing your third is not that great.
Speaker 2: Okay, it feels like a lot of Jets. The Miami Dolphins gonna have to get on the jet to fly across the country after flying up north to upstate New York. They are two and a half point underdogs against the Los Angeles Rams. The Dolphins coming off their best game offensively this season, all the way to La operational Rams team Steve, where they're on a three game win streak, two winnable games, coming up unbeaten since the buye reminding me of the twenty twenty three save right that went on the by and then went on a huge run on the way to the playoffs.
Speaker 5: And they did that, we know, when they got you know, heavy on the run game when they did play some power football.
Speaker 3: I'm almost surprised that the margin zones two and a half.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know, Miami's offense is playing well and it's gonna be a exciting game Monday nighter, but the Dolphins defense has not done much. You know, Los Angeles is getting Pooka back. The explosive playability that we've seen out of this Rams offense is something that's all right. I mean, Stafford is coming in and just drilling the ball downfield.
Speaker 3: Now that's not to.
Speaker 5: Say that the Rams defense is gonna be that great.
Speaker 3: They're not.
Speaker 5: You know, they're not a fast secondary. So this is where Waddle and Tyreek Kill and these guys can get after him. But I'm gonna say it once again, those young dudes on the de front, Jared Versus and the rookie and Braden Fisk.
Speaker 3: Are real dudes. They are real guys.
Speaker 5: They are gonna be in two his grill, so it's gonna be that quick passing game. I just think the Rams they're kind of on a groove. And I think with Puoka coming back after being ejected and being embarrassed by that, I think he's gonna have a big.
Speaker 1: Game, you know what. I hope you're right on Puoka. I didn't think he looked great last week when he was out there. I asked around a little bit. I think that knee injury that he suffered in practice is concerning because that Thursday night game he came back for and he that was the full Puka And if you watch last week's game, he and Stafford weren't exactly on the same page and he maybe wasn't moving as well. So they're not the same team offensively. But I think they have more going on overall in terms of their balance between the defense and the offense than the Dolphins, who actually epa per play. For what it's worth, I looked this up for a different team we'll talk about later, but since Week six, EPA per play. Their defense is third in the NFL the Los Angeles Rams. Yeah, it's pretty impressive, and so it's a front that can get after the problem for them is Tua gets rid of the ball so quickly. It's been even quicker the last couple of weeks than usual. The timing has been fantastic. He hasn't really looked like he missed a minute. They haven't been going down the field as much as kind of the old school Dolphins, but they got some intermediate routes into the mix against the Bills and it was extremely effective and accurate. So there's not a lot of reason for me to think that this Rams defense is going to slow down that running game, which is really good, or to being on time with this throws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if not for the anomaly that's Jared goff In twenty twenty four. The past two weeks, Tuas had an eighty point three completion percentage.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It trails only Golf in this incredible run that he's on by a full percentage point, which is like, you just got to kind of throw that one out there. Who is playing pretty well. Jared Verse leading all rookies with thirty nine quarterback pressure's good man three.
Speaker 3: And a half secks.
Speaker 2: It's but I can't go away, and I know that we're gonna have to wait and see how healthy Pukakua is. But when Cooper cup is back on the Matthew Stafford just looks different. Like we had some questionable throws during that No Cup era and all those just seemed to go away.
Speaker 3: Against the Seattle Seahawks, it was just.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, Matthew Stafford's back, and I think number ten has a whole lot.
Speaker 3: To do with that. I mean, and then Robinson stepping up like okay.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean he suddenly coke.
Speaker 1: Cooper Cupp being back just gives DeMarcus Robinson superhuman powers, like he's made crazy catch in the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: But I mean that says something.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you know, when I'm in a room with you guys, it's high IQ, I've got to I know I've got a level up, right, And that's what Robinson is doing. So this is this is going to be to me. It could end up being the game of the weekend with in terms of excitement and points and things like that.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you a tough question though, So in this scenario. If if Patrick and I are helping to raise your game, we're the Cooper Cup and Pooka and Akua.
Speaker 3: I'm the DeMarcus Robinson.
Speaker 1: Like, so, who's the Jordan Whittington and too to at Well, that's not really raising your game quite as much.
Speaker 3: See, no way you did? I know he see you're not gonnadmit it. But there's a name in there, you know. Every time I hear it, just like.
Speaker 1: I don't know who you eat it, but I like that.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: People are gonna have to deep.
Speaker 2: Deep, all right, folks, Folks digging through the roster right now, going to a NFL networkall Football Reference dot Com and sorting by lose shares as we get away from the Monday night game and go to a game.
Speaker 3: That we did not know was going to be this good several weeks ago.
Speaker 2: It is the Pittsburgh Steelers at the Washington Commanders, who were two and a half point favorites against the team that could be first place in the AFC north over under forty five and a half. Ian Eagle Charles Davis and Evan Washburn on the call, Greg, we have seen Jaden Daniels win a lot of different ways. What would a Commanders win look like against this Pittsburgh Steelers defense.
Speaker 1: I think it would look like their offensive line holding up in what's going to be their toughest test yet yes season. If you look at what they do so, I think they've overachieved considering the talent that they have. We thought that was gonna be one of the worst offensive lines in the league. I think they've done a great job coaching it up. I think the young players like Brandon Coleman have played well. The free agent signings like Tyler Biattish have played well, but the Steelers are a little different, and they're coming off of a bye week. TJ Watt at times has been almost like a little tired this season at the end of games.
Speaker 4: He's fresh right now. You add Preston Smith to the mix.
Speaker 1: They're deep, and if you can get Jayden and Daniel's time, we already know what's gonna happen. He'll dice him up. There's no question. If he gets time and protection and they blockwell in this game. I don't care what the Steelers defensive ranking is. They're gonna put up thirty, but I don't know if I don't know if I quite believe in the commander's front to pass this test.
Speaker 4: They got.
Speaker 1: They got to just keep passing these tests as they go, and this is the biggest one yet.
Speaker 5: And this is what we're gonna see. We're watching video right now of Jayde Daniels breaking pressure. H He's a guy, He's slippery. I mean, he with the Harrison's you know, to Lamar. He's not Lamar yet, but he's got that evasiveness and he's got the ability to make the decisions on the move.
Speaker 3: Steelers haven't faced, you know, a slippery quarterback like him.
Speaker 5: I mean, but you know, again, Washington, you could say they do they have a quality win you know, No, I mean in terms of like a stellar opponent victory who they faced. So both of these teams you can kind of say that, we know, the Steelers beat the Chargers early in the season, they beat the Falcons earlier in the season. But since both these teams like this is kind of a okay, who are we? We know the Steelers' identity. Washington's a fun team. We don't know their identity yet. But I think the fact that I'm going out getting Marshawn Lattimore, who I think will play in spots. He's somebody who can travel with the receiver, very physical tackler. He's not gonna know the defense enough to play.
Speaker 1: We'll see if he has the DeVante Adams magical hamstring healing, because he did have an injury before this.
Speaker 5: He did, he did, and I actually spoke with someone there. I said, they have to figure it out. So this seems like it's it's pretty legit unless mister Miagi comes in, you know there gives some touch. But I think this is gonna be a really fun game as well. I actually like Washington in this game. I think this is the game. Russ has been like so ridiculous the past couple of games. Take especially throwing the ball downfield, and this is a team to do it against that.
Speaker 3: It's almost like he's due to put a pop fly up there. I don't know.
Speaker 5: He doesn't turn the ball over often, but man, he's just been like like if he keeps it up, playing like he's played those last two or three games all right now, the Steelers, the Steelers, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be, I think, an opportunity to find out what things are like for because the season started in Sandra's still Saint justus.
Speaker 3: It was down the sideline over and over again.
Speaker 2: In the past few weeks that's gone away and Sandrusel's avoided a highlight until out of nowhere Danny Dimes just runs over not just him, but his teammate as well and collects an angry run there. But I think because both teams players, I think in spots of need. The Steelers for eight months now have been trying to get a wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: They go get Mike Williams, and so now there's there's somebody on the opposite side of the field. And I know the memes about Russ ignoring the middle of the field, Well, if you've got two big targets on the outside, you could kind of do that as well.
Speaker 3: As the run game is going right now.
Speaker 2: And then on the other side, this is the number three quarterback scrambled team in the NFL, led by Jayden Daniels, but it's the number one defense against stopping the quarterback. Round they go and get PQ. They draft Wilson in the line. There's so much speed on the edges, and then you add in Watton Highsmith there. I think on the edges, this isn't going to be the mismatch that the Commanders have been able to feast on all year.
Speaker 1: Fun game that Charles Davis our friend, yess, I like him getting such an awesome game this week. I think Russ being as good as he was in that game against the Giants before the bye, what was one of the moment to the season.
Speaker 4: You're like, Wow, if they can.
Speaker 1: Really revive Russ his career in a consistent, meaningful way, this team is going to be different. I feel like I need to see more. I think got a little too much love for an up and down first game back, but then he got into the flow and he was fantastic in that second performance. And to give Arthur Smith some credit, he's not doing as much of the outside Zono's just like in the past, it's all outside zone, all outside zone.
Speaker 4: It wasn't really working all the time.
Speaker 1: They're still doing that, but they're mixing up the running game and then when you see younger guys develop. I think that's a really strong point to the coaching staff. Calvin Austin, we weren't sure what he was gonna be at the NFL level. Now he's a great third fourth guy as like an extra weapon, and he's maybe in a spot where he doesn't have to be the outside guy with Mike Williams there, that's great. Darnaut Washington's a valuable player for them, Like he's blocking well, I mean, he's another offensive lineman. Beeves, maybe he's making plays and Friar Moot's a solid tenant.
Speaker 4: So that to me is coaching. First.
Speaker 1: You're in this system that they're just steadily kind of building up what this offense can be, and I think it'll be more problems to your point about Washington not facing many great offenses lately, I mean, they've done pretty well in some spots. Cincinnati they were horrible, but since then, you know, Arizona everything. I'm really curious to see how they do because I think offensively, if the Steelers can be a top twelve type of offense and watch out, they're a Super Bowl contender.
Speaker 5: What's interesting to see if Pittsburgh canna be able to keep hammering the ball like they have been because those two linebackers are washing, If Bobby Wagner is still dealing and Frankie Louvu, I mean, we can't talk. We continue to talk about how dynamic of a player he has been. It's almost like when rokwand Smith went to Baltimore and Patrick Queen was there.
Speaker 3: How that made Patrick Queen take off.
Speaker 5: Getting Louvu and Bobby Wagner feeding off each other like that, they have been dynamic.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to cause some issues.
Speaker 1: I'm contractually obligated to bring up every time Frankie Louvu.
Speaker 4: I'm sure name comes up.
Speaker 1: Jordan rodriege Yes of the Athletic put him on our preseason All Pro team, to the consternation of myself and many fans who thought that was nice, little too rich, and she saw it coming there. One last thing on this game, I do think the Steelers cornerbacks Dante Jackson and Joey Porter Junior are a little attackable here. Porter makes great plays, but he also is a gambler. He's out of position sometimes. Donnie Jackson has just been struggling. So that's something I think the opponent's they faced haven't really taken advantage of. So watch out for Scary Terry and Noah Brown's had some nice moments. I think that if Washington wins, I think you could see some deep shots back and forth, vertical down the field, so much.
Speaker 2: To look forward to in that game, a couple of good teams. From there, we go to a team that's kind of on the other direction. But then one of Greg's Super Bowl picks the Buffalo Bills three and a half point favorites at Indianapolis, who start Joe Flacco to.
Speaker 3: Results.
Speaker 2: We'll call them Steve Andrew Catalon See Barber and Jason mccordy again, three and a half point favorites. The over under is forty seven. What more can the Colts do to have success, especially against the very good Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see this number three and a half and it makes me think the odds makers think either Buffalo is going to play down or Indianapolis is going to have a spike, because offensively they were so bad.
Speaker 3: I mean defensively Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: I mean they got dudes, I mean DeForest Buckter and those guys up front. They look good still now that he's back. It's helped out Quity Pay, It's helped out some of these other guys, you know, Kennymore on the back end in the slot, but they have not faced you know, a scrambler like Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think if Buffalo doesn't play down that four seems like a real tight number.
Speaker 3: I like Buffalo to go to Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: I hope people think again the Colts are going to give him a tough shot, and they might, but at some point I think the explosive players for the Bills show up. I think there's a question like Keyon Coleman's availability for the Bills. But I still think they's got too many weapons, and you know they may not run the ball, but I just think Josh Allen's scramming ability is gonna be too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kean Coleman is weak to weak, and Sean McDermott indicated it could be a while for.
Speaker 4: Ke On Coleman.
Speaker 1: I think he was getting a second opinion, which sounds like they're hoping for a better Mark Cooper.
Speaker 3: He's he's touching, touching go. It's risks for both of them, oddly enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that that's a concern, and and that might inform that that might be Remember another one is I think the Colts have played a one score game in every game this season against every opponent. So they are they are the middle of the NFL. They are they are kind of the the Dalton scale of an NFL team where it's just like you can measure yourself if you're a bobber below the Colts. And it's always hard to figure out who Patrick roots for Steve, but it's not hard to figure out who he's rooting against. He's rooted against the Colts as long as Joe Flaco's starting.
Speaker 2: Why right, I wouldn't like the decision. I would like to see something else. It didn't nothing, nothing about that game in prime time said to me that this is the right decision. They had to get Joe Flacco in there so that they could have a chance to win this season.
Speaker 3: That wasn't That wasn't my takeaway. I don't know.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting because I think if you are a pass first team against the Bills, they're a team that that's playing into their hair. Yeah, you don't want to do that, and this is an ultimate team that you got to just be patient, run the ball, and Anthony Richardson would help Jonathan Taylor and help their running.
Speaker 5: The Bills aren't great against the run. No, you can play powerball against him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's number twelve among running backs and rushing yards over expected. I think a lot of that comes from if you total up the season totals rushes with Anthony Richardson in the backfield, where there is that threat that he's going to pull that ball, it's not necessarily there with Joe Flacco, and if they if they have Flecco, then you're going to expect to see those explosive plays in the passing game that they just didn't didn't materialize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Michael Pittman is still not one hundred percent. He's missing practice that he's played through this back injury and I heard him speaking on Wednesday, and he's a tough guy, but it almost seems like the team should maybe step in. He's not who he normally is. Ryan Kelly, their center, yeah, is out and going on injured reserve. They are getting their left tackle back, Bernard Ryman. It sounds like but Kelly might be out for a long time. So this is a it's a banged up team on top of everything else. That's not a good sign. I did want to note the Bills signed a couple defensive tackles this week with bounced around the league, Quintin Jefferson and Jordan Phillips. But that's sort of proving your point about they aren't feeling good about stopping the run when you're signing to journey man at this point in the season and hoping that they can help out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not going to be like the Rams Dolphins game or the Steelers Washington game.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Greg Russo, by the way, one of the best developmental stories I think in the league, improved every single season. I'm gonna like seeing him on the fast track there in Indie. Watch out for a big game there. I also think James Cook has just been fantastic this year picking up extra yards. We're gonna take a quick break in return for Yes, the Mike Turico, Chris Collinsworth Sunday Night or it's a fun one.
Speaker 4: It's fun on Sunday Night, BEFO.
Speaker 1: When you see teams that just haven't been there though years and Detroit. We're starting to get used to Houston not as much. These two teams. They kind of remind me of each other. That Houston is on this track that Detroit's been on maybe one year longer. But they're they're hitting some turbulence right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turbulence is the only way to get there, the only way to get If this game happens in week two, it's it's pandemonium. We're going nuts. The Texans on a little bit of a down stretch, but it's time. It's time for the game of the Week presented by DraftKings Sportsbook. The Detroit Lions three and a half point favorite on the road against those Houston Texans. My Tarrico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark on the call, they'll have a song before the game.
Speaker 3: Everything created.
Speaker 2: But then, Greg, this Houston Texans offensive line will have to protect CJ.
Speaker 3: Strout, something they have not been able to do.
Speaker 4: You know, this is the matchup where they can.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, as good of a team that as the Lions are, and I like them, pick up of Zadaria Smith and big time he can. He can step in right away and play minutes for them. I don't think he needs to learn the scheme for three weeks to go rush the passer. They haven't rushed the passer well at all since Aiden Hutchinson has gotten her. And it's amazing that there's such a well oiled machine offensively, defensively, coaching special teams that it hasn't really mattered. They haven't faced an opponent that it's mattered. I think Houston should look at this matchup and say, actually, this is a front we might be able to get CJ some time against. And if we get CJ's some time, we got a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then and they've got to run the ball. They've they've got to pound the ball. Excepts to play action stuff. If it's you know, just CJ dropping back, they'll eventually get to them. Aaron Glenn can come up with some coverages to lock off some zones and stuff like that and create pressures.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what they have to do. He's had to be very creative.
Speaker 5: We know they like the blitzer inside linebackers Angelon he's to help a player. I think they've got to run the ball to kind of get it going. The boy the three and a half on this is interesting. I think Houston's been embarrassed. I think they're going to tighten it up this week. I actually like the Texans to win this one. Wow, all right, I do because I think, you know, as great as the Lions offense is playing right now too, matchup wise, this is good man, because you know how much the Lions they could pound the ball with Montgomery Gibbs. They constet up to play action golf hasn't been asked to do too much. I just think this is a game where Houston's scoring enough points as to where it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: The golf versus c J. Stroud show One thing that will help CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud still waiting heard from head coach Tomico Ryans Nico Collins could come back.
Speaker 3: They're going to monitor him this week. CJ.
Speaker 2: Strauda is a higher passer rating, completion percentage by arts per attempt generated, more EPA. Of course, all those things seem obvious, but to look just at the difference with Nico Collins on the field versus Nico Collins, it is significant. I think it makes some of those offensive line issues not go away, but just a little bit easier to deal with. When you've got this giant gainer of yards and capture of football, giant human being out there to throw the football.
Speaker 1: Well, and we don't know that he's coming back. He was not at practice on Wednesday. They activated him. He supposedly as a decent chance to play this week. So that is something big to check. Because you're right, we kind of group that trio receivers together at the beginning of the year, and then you realize, no, it's more like Justin Jefferson and the other good receivers like Jordan Addison on the Viking. There's a big gap between one and two and CJ loves that dude.
Speaker 4: That's his guy.
Speaker 1: It's a good point that Detroit, for as good as their offense is, I think this is actually their toughest test of a defense that they faced. Will Anderson missed Wednesday's practice, that's concerning, but he hasn't really missed game time, so I don't think that will be a problem. The bad news for the Texans zo is that in the rest of the league, frankly, the Lions are getting healthier.
Speaker 4: They're getting Jamison Williams back.
Speaker 1: Now he hasn't been hurt, he's out of suspension, but he's coming back on the field this week. They got Zadarius Smith in the trade, and then they actually started the practice window for Melafon, who's a good safety, and Emmanuel Moseley, who's a guy who's gonna get snaps for them at cornerback. We don't know if they'll return this week, but they're getting some reinforcements. For a team that's really passed every test, this is another one. It's like they've had so many games where they've had to be up.
Speaker 4: This is a at a conference game on the road.
Speaker 1: They've just passed every test though, where they pretty much are playing their A minus game every week. That's really hard to do and they've done it.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you mentioned the secondary. I love some of the young safeties, you know, Jalen Petrie, who's a superstar for Houston.
Speaker 3: But Kirby Joseph, Yeah, I mean he's a ballhawk, we know.
Speaker 5: I mean he game to fame last year because Matthew Stafford said, you know, he hit uh who's the tight end?
Speaker 3: Hit him low? And he still hasn't come back for the Rams this year. Tyler Hagby, Tyler Hagby, Right.
Speaker 5: Higbees come, I thank you for searching the roller deck.
Speaker 3: So the old man here keeps forgetting. But Kirby Joseph is a hell of a player, and he's somebody.
Speaker 5: If Nico Collins comes back and really starts to play that stuff where he's run up the hash marks like he does that, we could see some really good matchups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they get Brian Branch to presumably come back and play a full game. He apologized for the double Bird, which gave us an opportunity to talk about the storied history of the double bird.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah on the Sunday Recap show. But a lot of good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the double birds were happening in Houston back with Bud Adams Cox.
Speaker 3: Bryan Cox still has one.
Speaker 1: There's a connection here. That was our game of the week. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now use the code daily. New customers can bet just five bucks. Yeah, two hundred dollars in bo bets only at DraftKings Sportsbook with Code Daily.
Speaker 4: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: I know, Patrick, you're not into like the Okay, the team is going to try harder this week because there's more motivation. Houston does have four extra days rest, which I think is a thing.
Speaker 4: Yep, so that's nice.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe in the try harder, but I do believe in that good teams respond to bad performances. That you're not gonna if you're a good team, you're not gonna stay bad consistently. And I do think that was the worst game that Texans played all season. US and so I can't see them responding and playing more like their a game.
Speaker 2: And you can do that because you are a good team, right and good teams can evaluate what went wrong and you can implement the corrections, whereas bad teams tend to just stay bad tend to just go ahead and wallow in the l Let's get scot in the NFC South, where the Atlanta Falcons are a four point favorite against the Dennis Allen less New Orleans saintsy over under forty six. Joe Davis g read can pay him Oliver on the call. Do the Saints get the we fired our coach and we like the next guy better bump Steve.
Speaker 5: They'll get They'll get a bump. And not only that, you know, but Derek Carr's got to come out and you know, get Mike Thomas off of his back as well. Mike Thomas came off with a few US gun missiles after that game.
Speaker 3: Look this is I mean, I know, I know it's.
Speaker 4: I was during the game that was like, hey, he.
Speaker 2: That wait, he's gonna watch He's gonna let you know how look it's four points.
Speaker 5: These guys always play close games. Atlanta is really rolling me.
Speaker 3: Kirk O. Kirko is playing good. We know the Saints defense is just not what it was.
Speaker 5: The way they're running the ball getting now they're getting you know, Kyle Pitts engaged.
Speaker 3: But I just think it's gonna be a close game.
Speaker 5: I think the Saints will get some type of spike, you know, because it's always just players. I've seen this forever. Oh man, now it's on us. We can't we don't have anyone else to play him. They fired the head coach, you know, and the Saints don't like to do.
Speaker 1: That, especially this one, because I think this one applies more for the fired coach principal than almost any I can ever remember, because the players fired their coach.
Speaker 3: The players fired them.
Speaker 5: That's how I I've been trying for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not just through their play, but you know, through communication with the highest levels. I think they helped. So they're gonna Saints falcons. I saw this tweet. You know what you can do after after the election. One of one of the options you have, and one of them was making impulsive and self destruction, self destructive major life decision. I don't know if I want to do that, but I think I might just pick the Saints at least this week. That's my version of a self destructive leg because I believe in the fired coach principal enough more than ever. And in this matchup, this this is their super Bowl, it's their super Bowl. And you know when they played the first time around, that was a crazy game where the lead changed hands a couple of times in the last minute of the game.
Speaker 4: And that's just how these these two teams roll.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I I would also like to make a rash decision and pick the Saints at home.
Speaker 3: I think, oh, I thought you were going to hit the bottle.
Speaker 2: The folks in New Orleans, you know, deserve the team to play better than it has in the past few seasons. But it's just this is not the same team, Lave. They're gonna who said that he's gonna go through the process. New coach, the interim coach we should mentioned, Darren Rizzy says that he is gonna have Chris Olave go through the process. Uh, Chris o'lave, the person is their primary concern before anything else. Wickeds and it started to pile up and and now we've got the ghost of said Wilson. Mark has Valdez Scantling. It's it's it's really difficult to imagine. And I know that the final goodbye, the final hurrah of the Dennis Allen era is going into Carolina and having Alvi Kameric get over two hundred yards Total's awesome.
Speaker 4: Last week he looked awesome.
Speaker 1: L you got Ak, you got Taysom Hill, you got some of those prideful guys in defense. This weird things happen in this matchup. We don't know about Drake London and Grady Jared status, but there was good news for the Falcons that their day to day so it is not long term for either one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling I shouldn't talk you about to take the sits now. I am no.
Speaker 5: No, It's gonna be a close game. Man's will. That's just how these teams play.
Speaker 1: I want to give John Robinson a little bit of love just because as well as he's playing, I think you almost take it for granted. But this is the best stretch of his career. Four straight games over one hundred yards from scrimmage. A couple of those had one hundred and forty last year on that Falcons offense, his UH success rate was below average thirty six percent, which for a guy that talented as a crime this year forty six percent, top six among all running backs in the league. So he's making the splash plays, but he's also just kind of grinding out those six yard games and he's been fun to watch. And I thought Kirk Cousins last week actually, maybe did he move a little better. They had a few playoffs, they had a few play action plays that hit. Now they didn't do much. He was four for four for eighty yards, so it's still only four attempts, but maybe moving a little better.
Speaker 5: And what about Darnell Mooney, Yes, what about how that dude has absolutely emerged. Him and kirkoh have that have got that relationship going. That's you know, that's something to watch in this game because he seems to be hitting a big play like every third.
Speaker 1: This isn't about logic, though, this this game, it's not about logic. It's about passion, it's about the fired coach principle. It's just about weird stuff happening when these two teams play.
Speaker 2: And it's true and not not just weird, because we've seen this collection of Saints players, even the ones that are remaining, I know they're doing with fins.
Speaker 3: We've seen them be successful.
Speaker 2: We saw them literally have the most successful season in Dennis Allen's coaching career last year.
Speaker 3: Nine wins was the top. That's as good as that was the scene.
Speaker 1: How did he finish off that season and also start to finish off his career by the Saint.
Speaker 3: So I apologizing to Arthur Smith by.
Speaker 2: Being disrespected by his own team, by his own team, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: By James handing the ball.
Speaker 4: I heard.
Speaker 1: I saw James Hurst, who is on that team and is now working in local broadcasting and New Orleans, say that he thought that was the beginning. Maybe it wasn't even the beginning, but that was a huge moment in Dennis Allen losing the team, which is ironic because that was the moment the front office decided, actually, we're gonna keep him. But yes, Jameis Winston. Don't apologize for Jameis Winston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or touchdowns, it's difficult to come by in the NFL. Our next game is the Minnesota Vikings, coming off of that win against Joe Flacco, a four and a half point favorite at the Jacksonville Jaguars, who were magnanimous enough Greg to send them a left tackle after Christian Darrisaw goes down. And now it's a time for the Cam Robinson revenge game against his old squad on Fox, Adam, I mean, Mark Sanchez and Christina pink on the call.
Speaker 3: How do you see it going?
Speaker 1: I think the Vikings are just a lot more trustworthy in a matchup where we don't know if Trevor Lawrence is going to be one hundred percent. He's sitting out of practice, was very sore apparently after that loss to the Eagles, and he's coming off one of his roughest games. He does not seem like the quarterback, and Doug Peterson doesn't seem like the play caller right now to be able to solve the puzzle that is facing Brian Flores. Now, some coaches can. We've seen it. We've seen Sean McVay do it. You know, we've seen Matt Lafleur do it to some degree. But I don't think this Jaguars team camp this is one of those matchups. I was like, I feel like I've never watched the Jaguars Vikings game, but I did check it has happened eight times in history, every four years, so it's.
Speaker 4: No different than every other matchup.
Speaker 1: But the last time they played was was during that pandemic year, and maybe that's why I've black black coled it. The Jaguars were one and eleven. Who were the starting quarterbacks and lost that game? Give me a second, was Mike Glennon and Kirko Yeah, Mike Glennon was for the Jags.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Wow, what are the drafts? Look?
Speaker 5: I like the number. I like the number four and a half. I like Minnesota to win it. The Jags are one of these teams games that if they're able to hang around, they're just gonna be a pain because defensively up front they can give you some headaches. I mean Trayvon Walker, he's a speed to power rusher, but he's good against the run. He can really get on a tackle. Josh Heines Allen's the same, a little bit more creative in the past rush. But I'm just worried for them. If Minnesota gets up early on them, then they might be on the brink of saying which way are we gonna go? Like, I don't know how much gump shit I think. I mean they're still playing hard, they're still competing in every game, but this is a game, it's in Jacksonville. I don't think they'll tap out, but I think if Minnesota gets up early on a fourteen to three or something like that, then you're gonna have some hands on.
Speaker 3: Hips in bad body language as they try to get back.
Speaker 2: It's I look at this collection of jackson and like you mentioned, Josh Allen, Trevon Walker, we see and Andre Cisco make some plays this season. I'll be at that secondary giving up a lot of opportunity tankers Bigsby really coming on. I look at this collection of players and could see them contributing on a Super Bowl roster. But together with this particular leadership group in Jacksonville, it's not working. And so much of it goes on the shoulders of the quarterback. And now we're potentially looking at c J. Bethard coming in.
Speaker 1: It's just well, I don't think CJ. Bethort will start, but they did activate him. I would assume to be Mac Jones's backup should Trevor Lawrence not play, which is let's just throw CJ. Betherd out there. Actually, I want to save mccorkyll. I don't want mccorkyll against Brian Flores. You know he's gonna come back in.
Speaker 2: Kyled of Jacksonville, Florida, mccorkyl Jones. There we go, there's the narrative Max starting in his hometown potentially why not?
Speaker 1: So yeah, we don't know about Lawrence's status, but it's a little concerning. This is an interesting part of the Viking season. They're six and two and I think there's some real Are they really a real deal contender? And we'll find out maybe later in the season, because their next three games is a three game road trip. You don't see that too often, and it's at Jacksonville, at Tennessee at Chicago, three teams who have offensive issues that I think Brian Flores and this defense match up well against. I don't know if they win all three, but there's certainly a chance. And then you're looking at they could be nine to two, maybe worst case, they're eight and three heading into the stretch run, and they're still in a real nice spot even if Sam Donald's not playing the well. Sam Donald's having a lot of turnover worthy plays the last four weeks among the league leaders, and yet I don't know if it's gonna matter in the.
Speaker 5: He's got Justin Jefferson man, I mean you sa I mean, and then not Howkinson's coming back, I mean Aaron Jones. They're starting to open things up a little bit. But I'm glad you bought up the point about the schedule because a three game roadie against teams that you know you don't necessarily get up for, right, that's a test, Okay, that is significant mental test of a young team, a quarterback who's finally starting to hit his strike, to see if they're real right. The good teams handle that even if they've got a gut out the win.
Speaker 3: So this is a good mental test to see where they are.
Speaker 5: The Cam Robinson game, he played really good after being with that team for like three days last week, I mean I and again getting Hockinson back. I think I love the point you made about this is not necessarily the tough part of their schedule. This is the mentally challenging part of the schedules. See how good they are.
Speaker 2: There's some secret Kevin O'Connell sawce that we saw with the pastor up dudes good last year. And then Cam Robinson plays all seventy one snaps, just gives up one snap, one sack after just showing up. This is something that Kevin O'Connell can do.
Speaker 1: About not to get ahead of ourselves here before we talk, you know, Bears later. But as as all the heat that's on Eberfloss, he looks even worse because he's in this division with three great coaches. Yeah, I mean, this is a tough division coaches.
Speaker 2: So we'll get to the Chicago Bears coming up here as we go by spread. The next biggest one is the San Francisco forty nine ers five and a half point favorites. Don't get that number man at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who took the reigning undefeated Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs to the wire on overtime. Perhaps uh maybe some lingering effects there, as it was overtime in the rain. Either way, five and a half point favorites is San Francisco. The over under is fifty and a half. Kevin Burkhart, some dude named Tom and Aaron Andrews and another guy, Tom Rinaldi on the call, Steve with the potential of Christian McCaffrey coming back.
Speaker 5: I mean, I am good. I'm sitting here right now like Tampa can win this game. And when I say the five and a half, I think that is a big, big spread for this game. Yeah, it's a short way for Tampa, but they're playing at home. San Francisco's got to go across the country watching.
Speaker 3: It as a viewer.
Speaker 5: Okay, how if Christian McCaffrey comes back, what's the rotation gonna be. Are they gonna go Jordan Mation early and hammer the Bucks, soften him up for McCaffrey, or they're gonna have McCaffrey come in and get the Blitz to back off because is he gonna receive?
Speaker 3: Is he gonna do this? And that? That's something I'm looking at.
Speaker 5: But I mean when I watch the Bucks and it's like a weekend, week out thing, even without their receivers. The way that they play offensively, that offensive line is good. They had a couple penalties that really put him in situations last week when they were moving the football. Baker is playing well and my guy Kate Otten did he make the preseason All Pro with heat.
Speaker 1: And that would have been a tough one to predict ahead of time. There's some good tight ends out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know what Kate Hahn's are playing good for a couple of years, But I mean the fact that they stepped up in the way that they compete the way they do. I think that five and a half is a big number. I'm not saying they beat the Niners. I think they could, but this is going to be a really tough game for San Francisco.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time picking this game, spread anything about it. Because if you told me that the Kyle Shanahan late season serge starts now, I'd buy it that we see the best game we've seen all season and they do win by a touchdown and barely cover something like that.
Speaker 4: You know, I hear you.
Speaker 1: The Bucks are a really good offense. They're a top ten offense right now. But CMC comes back. You know, sometimes you lose track of the injuries. There's been so many. Juan Jennings is coming back. He's a valuable player for them. Deebo Samuel is at practice limited in practice, but he should be back. Their offensive lines a little healthier, and it's a trend. Shanny the late season serge. All right, let's go through it. Last last three seasons. November Guy four and five. Three seasons ago, they end up in the NFC Title Game with a ten point lead in the fourth quarter that they blow to the Rams. But they were four and five in that season with Jimmy g at the help before their late season serge. Two seasons ago, they were four and four. They end up again getting to the NFC title game that was directly after their bye. Was the four and four mark. Last season, not as dramatic, but they went into their buy at five and three on a three game losing streak and immediately went on a run and then went to the Super Bowl and really was the best team in the NFC.
Speaker 5: Trent Williams and Deebo Shamuel, I think we're out for all those three.
Speaker 1: So injuries were certainly a part, but they are again this year and so you can kind of see them, wow getting together.
Speaker 3: Great, that's great stuff.
Speaker 2: Greg rock Purty averaging eleven point four yards per play on play action passes. I know Jordan Mason filled in. He was leading the NFL in rushes and yards. It's a different situation when Christian McCaffrey is ye. This forty nine ers passing game improves because they get their running back back oddly enough, but so many times, even when they had the full contingent, the best matchup in the passing game was CMC. And I know folks think it takes time. He's coming back from injury. The reason he was out was so he could be one hundred percent and one hundred percent who rested CMC. It could you know, things could go wrong on any place, That could happen for anybody. I think this offense gets a whole lot better here. Here's a question. Is one hundred percent or one hundred and fifteen percent? Because he did code to Germany to get some special treatments.
Speaker 3: Got the of Androgo special. Yeah, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't get it done here. You go to Germany and he's got it done.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all the Jordan Mason fantasy owners out there. Don't don't you know, be sad, Just be happy that it ever happened at all. You got like you got an RB one for half the season. It wasn't gonna last forever. I need that message today, Greg, Thank you same. Isaac Grenda, by the way, playing well. They have a nice little rookie rookie class. Before the I was thinking they've they've needed some young players to start supplementing all these starts, and quietly Ronardo Green, We'll see about Pearsaw, who had a pretty good game. They got the guard Poony who's playing like they got a lot of rookies playing. So good job by John Lynch in this last draft. Good job by you guys. In the second block of this show, We're going to take another break and we'll be back with the biggest point spreads of the week.
Speaker 4: Back on NFL Daily.
Speaker 1: Colleen Wolf is not part of the trade deadline spectacular because she was catching a bird over to Germany.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 4: Check her out? And now the pregame coverage.
Speaker 1: From where are they much Munich?
Speaker 3: To know this right, Frankfurt? The Munich?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right around a few one hundred kilometers away from where Jim tom Sulla is the head coach of the New Rhyin Fire.
Speaker 3: Yes he is. So.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the international football Shout out to the global community, as we have got an opportunity to rise and shine and watch. Sunday Week ten kicks off with the New York Giants five and a half point favorites in Munich against Bryce Young and the Carolina Panthers, who got the win against the Saints. Rich Isend, Kurt Warner, Jamie Hurdaal and Sarah Walsh on the call. Greg we get the early kickoff on NFL Network. Well against the Carolina Panthers d defense that has seen opposing running running backs have success. Dimes and the Giant g Men, we're all about the ground game last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their offense has looked solid the last two weeks. They've been very up and down throughout the course of the season. Hard to know what to make of them. But I'm not just selling this game because it's on NFL Network. I enjoy watching me a little Theo Johnson, a little moleak neighbors, just as bad teams go a little Dexter Lawrence on the defensive side of the ball in that pass rush. The Giants have some players that will make them watchable. And Danny Dimes. It's gonna be a rollercoaster against almost anyone, that's all I'm saying. Them against a bad defense, they could put up some fantasy numbers. Theo Johnson, I just a'm thinking it like they'd be a little bit of a streamer this week.
Speaker 5: I like this number, and look, I like what you said about Daniel Jones because last couple of games watching him, I know so much comes down on him, but they make so many dumb penalties and dumb mistics, Like he'll be moving the team all the way down the field. Next thing you know, it's third and fifteen and then he makes a bad play. But if they could just stop with the dumb fundamental mistakes, he would look a lot better. But that's what bad teams do. I want to say this about Bryce Young because Dave Canalis, the head coach to the Panthers, said Bryce is going to start. I spoke with Vance Joseph, the DC of the Broncos they played the Panthers a couple weeks ago. He's like, Steve, they better not give up on this kid, and if they do, someone's gonna get a guy who can play. And I was like, hmm, that goes contrary to a lot of stuff. He's like, Bryce Young made every good decision against our scheme.
Speaker 3: He threw the.
Speaker 5: Ball very well, accurately, but like he's not soft touching. He wasn't wiffleballing it like he was early in the season, Like he was sticking throws and he was like, and we beat the hell out of him and he got up. Every time he says the size is an issue. They've got to figure out how to coach around his size, Like that's something that's not gonna change or whoever he is next year.
Speaker 3: But they're like, that kid has got stuffed to him.
Speaker 5: You see why he was number one, So against his defense, he's gonna be up against pressure again. We know the Giants can get after the quarterback. But I like the fact, especially after talking to Vance, whose defense is really good, that they're giving him another shot, that they didn't go to Dalton and saying, Okay, let's see if he can continue to build on something. So they saw what Van saw it who was trying to scheme against him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and saw Bryce probably Bryce Young, And I guess the emblematic of the way the season's gone for the Carolina Panthers. His best throat to exavierly get on Sunday, it got picked off an incredible play swiping it away of the Saints and I'm blanking on the young defender's name there, but it was one of the plays of the day.
Speaker 3: I'll figure it out here before we move to the next game.
Speaker 2: But it's tough to think about this without the matchups of the defense. Ye, and you've got a guy leading the defensive tackles in sacks and Dexter Lawrence so good. And the way that this defense is playing for the Giants versus a very porous Carolina pantherny files that has seen everybody have success. And you know the Panthers sellers at the trade deadline, Mingo's gone, they got great trades from Carolina, Deontay Johnson gone. The cupboard becomes bear. And as much as I want to pick Carolina in this game, Greg, I just feel like.
Speaker 1: I like him to cover at least, I'm glad you had that perspective on Vance Joseph, a man who knows a lot more and is much smarter than me. To confirm my priors, which is, I've watched these last two games, and I think he's played better. I think the thing that I've been most impressed that's changed is I don't think he's played scared. And I don't mean physically, I just mean I think he was very hesitant to make tight window throws, and he's been making those throws last couple weeks now, he could have had a couple of picks against the Saints, but I still thought it was one of his better games as a pro because he kept making those throws and he kept putting it into tight windows, and he had a number of really good throws and the decision making was solid. So I think it's encouraging. I mean, look, everyone copes differently. It was what it was Tuesday night, as the existential dread was building and the pit in my stomach, I was like, I can't watch this anymore. We had been talking with Steve earlier in the day. He said he was just going to watch Netflix and and find out as it went.
Speaker 4: How I coped was.
Speaker 1: I put on a little Saints Panthers and watched me some Bryce Young so I could be as ready for this as possible. It didn't really solve the existential dread, but it was a distraction and it was nice to see that that he I thought he played pretty well in that perform Yes.
Speaker 3: Very well.
Speaker 2: The player I could not think of Shamar Jean Charles. Who has the most New Orleans Saints name.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say Stanley John Baptiz, And I was confusing.
Speaker 1: I was confusing my random Saints amazing, bringing us to oh yeah, Greg Drake May and the New England Patriots taking on fellow rookie quarterback the number one overall pick, Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: As six point.
Speaker 2: Favorite are the Bears after getting run out of Farm Stadium by Kyler and Company the over under forty two. It's Jim, Tony and Tracy on the call as excuse me, Kevin, Cookler and Darryl say they're not giving us Yeah, that would be nuts.
Speaker 1: The Patriots are on probation with Jim and Tony for about three more years.
Speaker 3: That's not happening. It's the Bears is a six point favorite. Steve.
Speaker 2: We have seen the highs and the lows here in the past three weeks for the Bears offense. How do they do against New England?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: In the word to DJ Moore, I want to say no, look, man, this is gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Tough Give us a little more context of why he said so again.
Speaker 5: DJ Moore was asked on a radio interviewer podcast interview, has head coach Matt Eberflush lost to locker room and he I want.
Speaker 3: To say no, it was.
Speaker 5: Not It was not an emphatic endorsement. Look, Chicago, they got some things going on. I mean, you hear a player like that. You saw Dj Moore for whatever reason, I don't know if he got hurt whatever.
Speaker 3: Game. In a play against.
Speaker 5: Arizona Middle plays walks off the field like what is going on there? This is after you know, play, after the corner, you know of the hail Mary play is wave into the crowd and makes me saying, what is going on with this team? That's not happening in New England. Yes, they were soft when they got their butts kicked over in England, right, but they compete this six point number. I guess they're saying, Okay, the Patriots can't block anybody, and the Bears can get after the quarterback Drake May And I'm gonna continue to say it. He is a real guy. Okay, he's coming off a two pick game last week. He can play. I like this game because Caleb can play. I like these young quarterbacks. Caleb clearly has more options right here. I like the Bears in the game, but the six points I am not sure. And I will not be stunned if the Patriots win this game.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't either, because the vibes are that bad with the Bears that there's it's a really fascinating thing, how like, Okay, he clearly the coach and the players, maybe they're not all on the same page offensively DJ Moore and Keenan Allen even a Dunzee sometimes like something's been amiss there. And sometimes it's just not being on the same page literally with the routes. And sometimes it's just they don't seem very happy. So when that happens, somehow that it does manifest on Sundays, like you saw it with that Saints Panthers game, like they had no business really losing that game, and somehow all the intangibles show up on the field. And so a team like that, that's not it's not like they're They're more talented than the Patriots by a good amount, but they're also not the most talented team in the league. Surely they could lose this game. Now, putting that aside, the Patriots, I think, other than May are the worst team in the NFL. I don't think they're very well coached, especially on offense, and I don't think they're very talented. So I would still expect the Bears to win but I wouldn't. I wouldn't take that six points. And I'm rooting for my guy, Drake may.
Speaker 5: Mre Stevenson getting any vibes from him help out the offense for the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's always playing hard, but he also ran for sixteen yards on ten carries. That he's a great player. That just shows how bankrupt they are in their offensive their offensive line, because that's the way you would want to beat the Bears is running the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they they can't right now.
Speaker 4: They really can't.
Speaker 3: They have they have not been able to.
Speaker 2: And I think a part of what's going on in the vibes situation over in Chicago has a lot to do with the play calling situation, especially in the past two weeks where you saw in and wins against the Rams, the Panthers Jacksonville targets balls going to Cole Comett. He had two touchdowns against the Jacks the past two weeks and the two game losing streak one catch for fourteen yards.
Speaker 3: That's been been it for Cole Comett.
Speaker 2: And maybe you know, we we just watched the DJ Moore decide to leave in the middle of the play where perhaps he's stepped out of bounds and he's thinking he can.
Speaker 4: Say it was an ankle he twisted.
Speaker 5: When I watched it, I thought he got hurt. When I watched it, I thought he got hurt.
Speaker 2: He's fully like on the bench before Kyler throws them. Yeah to Keenan Allen, and it's the you know, vibes, vibes aside, he's.
Speaker 5: A player right there, yeah, right there. See to me, it looks like he's limping, like he's pulling up.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's see he confirmed it or in iber flu SAIDs.
Speaker 2: And so like he's answering questions postgame, he's dealing with the fact that they're losing.
Speaker 3: He's not feeling good. They're hurt.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on, but as you guys mentioned, the talent disparity is significant in this one. And I've been browsing Bears injury reports for weeks waiting for Jaquan Brisker and Kyler Gordon. Kyler Gordon a limited participant in practice on Wednesday. So there's the up. There's the vibe bonus for the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: But as one guy comes back, they're losing another. Andrew Billings has been really good for them in the middle of their defensive line and he is now out for the rest of the season with the injury that he suffered last week. I was like, yeah, I was I was like, yeah, they're more talented overall, but actually on the lines, this is a rare game where the Patriots offensive line thinks, hey, maybe we won't totally collapse this. This group up front for the Bears aren't great. It's week on week and on the other side, actually they might be able to get after Caleb because everyone gets after Caleb. And I'm glad you mentioned the Brisker thing because I'm really frustrated with how in the background some of these failures in concussion spotting has become. This used to be like a whole thing that people we talked about a lot. Takwan Brisker, after a play where he was absolutely reckless and you know, had a massive hit that caused this concussion, stayed on the field for the entire rest of the game. They never even checked him. And it was something where his teammates put their arms around him and helped him off the field. That was how obvious it was at the time they that spotter never even checked him. He ended up playing eighty five percent of the snaps in that game. The next day he came in and self reported that was five weeks ago, and this man is not able to play football again. I'm sure he's you know, just as a human, you really feel for him. But also we're not we're not doing enough to help these guys out.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean they're they're trying. We're seeing some cases where it does work, and it's it's tricky. I mean again, you you've seen where they helped him off. They should have spotted it, but somebody else, I mean should have seen it.
Speaker 3: But the fact he's missed that much time, that's not good.
Speaker 1: They failed him, they really did. Oh man, maybe I will pick the do it do it dupid effort? Don't I did last week and at the like ten minutes before, I mean, you almost switched my pick, and then then they lost.
Speaker 3: You were exceedingly close. But May, but May, you're seeing the stuff with Drake May.
Speaker 1: I will say, it's see the old the old math and me would would point out like, hey, Drake May, Caleb Williams, like in this game, like who do you trust a little more? I take May, but I know the context that's not fair. Caleb Williams is in a very difficult position, but Drake may is showing what you would want to see out of a number three overall pick for sure.
Speaker 2: And now we've got a game that features, well, not the number three quarterback, a number two quarterback, as Cooper Rush will start his series of games for the Dallas Cowboys. This time he is at home and a seven point underdog against the Philadelphia Eagles. This game does feature Jim Nance, Tony Romo, and Tracy Wolfson as the Eagles get the win, holding off a Jags comeback last week. Greg, and now it's it's a divisional game against the Dallas team that's kind of limping to the halfway finish line.
Speaker 1: Man, it feels like the finish line. This was bad luck for Doc Prescott to have that injury, Bad luck for Jim and Toni and CBS, bad luck for all the country that's gonna be watching this in a pretty quiet late window.
Speaker 4: Is this the national game?
Speaker 3: Still gonna get eyeballs?
Speaker 1: Sure, it's football, like it always gets eyeballs, but it's not my eyeballs. I'm gonna be watching one of those other two games. I'm not into this watching this Cowboys team and this Eagles team, even though they still eagle it up and just let a team back in it and stuff. I will say, like the second half of that Bengals game, in the first half of that Jaguars game, there was dom in football, and I like seeing that out of this team because it's been a while since we've even seen stretches of dominant football. And I don't think they're gonna have a problem getting up for the Cowboys. They're gonna love seeing a wounded Cowboys team. And they're really tough upfront. Their defensive lines playing much better. Absolutely, Nick Fango is doing a good job, and we know the offensive line is good even without my lot, and they've been pushing people around in the running game, so I think they're licking their chops and I think they're gonna look really good in this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Nick Surian is a type of dude who's gonna say, Okay, this and this and this, so let's go get at Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Seven point favorites.
Speaker 5: The number is going to be bigger than that, just because I just don't think Dallas is gonna score.
Speaker 3: I mean, they don't run the ball well anyway.
Speaker 5: Cooper Rush Vic Fangio, the Eagles defensive coord and said, well, they're not gonna change their offense with this guy like whoa like that. That's not great because I mean it's basically said, they're gonna play pitch and catch with Ceedee Lamb and they're gonna get some balls at Jake Ferguson and that's pretty much all that they have. So there's some things they're gonna do to try to limit that. So I think that I think Saquon I know, Mike oh Parsons, right, I think he's starting kind of returning back to practice the possibility he could come back.
Speaker 4: He's he sounded confident that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I mean maybe that's something to get Dallas' defense to play a little bit better. But the Eagles just have too much man. Ever since aj Brown came back, this offense has been cracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very very good.
Speaker 2: They're getting good contributions without Dallas Goddard or Grant Calca Terris playing. Well how about that to the extent where it kind of seemed like, I don't know if Nick Sirianni had a little bit of heat for Holly when there was discussions about I forget specifically what the quote was about like he made his case essentially saying what the team's needs were and how he felt like, you know, the roster was in a solid position, So maybe that's what he was referencing. Who knows, maybe we got to go on the sideline at a home Eagles game and just yell at him and the whole Nick Sirianni will reveal that information to us. But they're using twelve personnel at one of the fourth highest rates, not one of at the forest highest rate, and in the NFL. It makes sense considering the way that Makai Beckton is playing the guys up front at Saquon as well, mashing it's it's tough to take the Dallas defense, Mike got or no.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Speaking of personnel decisions, how about some credit for Vic Fangio, who basically brought in Zach Bond and early in the offseason kind of was saying, this is going to be our guy, not the seven million dollar former Super Bowl winner Devin White that you signed, Howie Roseman, my guy, Zach Bond, and he's been great and Nakobe dienas really developed and player they're hoping. So how he also deserves credit because his rookies are playing well, So Vic brings a guy in the rookies are playing well in the secondary, there is not a starter. This amazed me when I heard this. On their defense over twenty seven years old. That's a nice group.
Speaker 5: And if you can have those younger guys on those younger guy contracts and you're paying your quarterback the way you're paying him in the offense, some of those offensive linemen the way you're paying him, that helps.
Speaker 1: In good news for a jab Aj Brown, by the way, is day to day and was back at the practice field. So that was shocking to me because I thought that might be a long term injury. That's that's really good news. He might even play in this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good news for everybody but fans of the Dallas Cowboys who are just looking for for some simbilance of positivity.
Speaker 3: I'll let's go that next game the Tennessee Titan.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, we haven't talked to survivor at all.
Speaker 3: And that's a great call. Greg.
Speaker 1: I feel like the way that you said you think the Eagles will top the number there.
Speaker 4: How I'm feeling about this.
Speaker 1: We haven't taken the Eagles yet, all right, it's unanimous. Okay, Yeah, I'm willing to Cooper Rush not a bad backup, but he's not He's not.
Speaker 2: John with a full deck here in a season of NFL upsets, once we began to work together as a team, unbeat.
Speaker 4: We're on a roll.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 5: I'm killing survived the Kellen Moore, the Kellen Wore revenge game.
Speaker 3: Oh it is it is there we go.
Speaker 1: Wow, they could put forty up on him and then he'll be coaching the Cowboy next year.
Speaker 4: I can see it. I can absolutely see it.
Speaker 2: Oh, it would be a very very Dallas Cowboys thing to do, to go for change and then not change very much at all. The Tennessee Titans on the road across the street taking on the Chargers, who were seven and a half point favorites after thrashing and picking off Jameis Winston three times. Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilba, and Megan A. Levy on the call, Steve, where we have seen maximum herbo the past three weeks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Does it continue?
Speaker 5: And it looks like we're gonna get will let us back for the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 4: If you like to sen here, you're punching.
Speaker 5: Wow, you know because he gets gets Tully two below too and Khuli Mack and Joey Bosa and I mean this charge defense, this is you know, soon they've they've got to start to strike the national consciousness. They are very much Yeah, they're playing the sand division as a chief, but they are very much in this playoff hunt in the AFC, and their defense is getting it. They're playing typical harball ball smashing physically on offense. You know, Herbert's playing fantastic, but you know this this game here seven and a half, like what that's I guess they think that Jim Harbas is going to be a nice sportsman and just take it.
Speaker 3: Takes full.
Speaker 4: That's a lot for a Chargers team, that really team.
Speaker 5: But I remember nineteen points a game, and the Titans are not like I mean offensively.
Speaker 4: No, I was.
Speaker 1: I was not impressed by the Titans last week or just in general. I thought Mason Rudolph made them more stable. But they've got issues everywhere everywhere that and they have subpark quarterback play on top of that.
Speaker 2: But DeAndre Hopkins gave a salute. That's fair that you said he remembered them Herbo.
Speaker 1: So yes, they're physical, Yeah, but they're physical in pass protection right now, because that's what they're doing is throwing the ball. There's a stat called neutral pass rate just in kind of normal down and distant situations where it could be run or pass.
Speaker 4: What do you do while Herbot was hurt early.
Speaker 1: In the season, and they're establishing this team before by thirty first in the league in neutral pass rate since the buye, they're putting it on Herbo's shoulders second in the league. They've actually been as pass heavy as possible now. The way these games have played out, a lot of it is passing a lot early and then just grinding the other team down late and so that it's not no longer a neutral situation. But that is really encouraging. It's a lot of downfield throws that really works against this Titans team. The secondary is struggling, so they making Herbo fun to watch again is one of my favorite developments. That said, they faced the thirty set the easiest schedule in the entire NFL according to DVA so far, and this week is not gonna change that.
Speaker 2: And Jim Schwartz defense having a little bit of a corner safety conversations as multiple blown coverages went up. Doesn't hurt those stats, but the opportunities are there and he's taking them and hitting them. And you mentioned it, Greg before the buy six yards per attempt on downfield passing after the bye fourteen point eight yards per attempt. That's crazy. As herbo is throwing deep to Ladd, who was at Ladd Macon great rookie season as well as this defense continued to be solid week after week against the team that's.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily know that.
Speaker 2: I feel like they have a better chance of winning with Will Levis coming in versus Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 3: In fact, I feel like it goes don't.
Speaker 5: Well, I think this is just like, let's find out what he's got. We got we got the rest of the season. I mean, they were sellers at the trade deadline. Well, they've been tellers, you know, most of the season getting rid of their guys. So let's find out what Will Levis is because they're gonna be picking at the top end of the draft.
Speaker 3: So I think that's where they are right now.
Speaker 1: I actually heard, you know, Callahan said that out right, that this season is about getting a good evaluation and Levis is interesting. They weren't they weren't saying that initially, but it makes sense. I thought Mason Rudolph helped them a little, but it was only so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did that work out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They were just they were still extremely sloppy. This is one team that beats itself versus a team that doesn't. The one thing the Titans do well is they stuffed the running game. They're great at run stuff's negative, forcing negative runs. So this is another week to just just let the Chargers cook, let Herbert throw the ball.
Speaker 3: The gust bus. The gust bus is getting healthy for the Chargers too.
Speaker 2: It'll be coming back, although I'd like to see Comani Vidal get some more, you know, a little personal bias there. Bringing us to our last game, the Denver Broncos going to Kansas City, where the defending Super Bowl champs just won in over time against Baker Mayfield and company. They are eight point favorites. Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, and Melanie Collins on the call, we mentioned nukes, remember the Titans celebration. Travis Kelce goes huge to get sixteen targets. You said the Homes and the Chiefs. We're gonna have an offensive explosion, Greg you were correct. You've said last week that the Broncos defense might get exposed. You were correct. Let's go what happens in this game, Greg, because you know both of these teams.
Speaker 4: I think that Denver is gonna keep it close. Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna cover. I look at the two matches matchups last year. I think they can be instructive. It was early in the season that the Chiefs and Broncos played, when the Chiefs were struggling last year, but Vance Joseph, who was running this defense, only gave up fourteen points per game in those two matchups. The second one wasn't close. The Broncos actually won easily. Like that's kind of been memory hold for me, and so I think this is a defense that could give them some issues. I'm curious how bon Nicks is going to play in this spot against a really good defense. That's obviously where it could go sideways. But I tend to think short week for the Chiefs coming off an overtime game, their offense was on the field for eighty three plays, and so I think the Broncos could ugly it up and it'll be a close game in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: I have one hundred percent with you. And this is after seeing the Broncos against the Ravens. Like you look at the score and you're like, the Ravens just kicked them up and down the field. At the end of the first half, Boon Knicks was driving Denver down the field, actually threw a touchdown pass called back on holding. He hits that pass, it's seventeen to fourteen going into the half. Instead they have to settle for a field goal. Three plays later, Lamar hit say Flowers, it's twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: Right. That swing changed everything in that ball game because bo Nix was moving the ball.
Speaker 5: He can run, he can hit the drive throws, you know, he spreads the ball out. He's making very good decisions. They're not gonna be able to run the ball very much against Kansas City and the defense that was just they got Lamard, right, Okay, do we run blitz, which is what they did. They ran blitz to try to stop Derek Henry, who didn't have much going in the first half. So Lamar was popping explosive play after explosive play. I mean they probably had eight or nine twenty plus yard receptions right there. But then the second half, Denver backed off and then it was a Derrick Henry show. I think in a game like this, and this is what I like about Kansas City moving forward again, I think Denver it's gonna be closer in the eighth. But the fact that kriem Hunt and the way they ran the ball against Tampa's front, against Vave and those guys, that's why everybody, you know, we kept we keep asking when.
Speaker 3: Is Kansas City gonna lose?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they're gonna lose at some point, but the fact now that they are mashing in the run game when they want to is just another thing to add to the to the mix.
Speaker 2: You just you imagine the loss being in a slog game. Somebody tips a past the lone of scrimmage, because right now it's possession, possession, third down conversion, third down conversion. It's it's like a grind out final two minutes of the Super Bowl. Every single time the Chiefs have the ball on offense, where this Denver Broncos team has been very very good at keeping things in front of them making tackles. They've only missed twelve point three percent of their tackles this season and a lot of those missed tackles because they missed thirteen against King Henry last week, which happens sometimes in decisions. You got os on eight and then all of a sudden, this six three, two hundred and six run is running four to four away from you, and so like they just have to do that enough, stay on the field, maybe get their hands on the ball, because otherwise it's gonna be difficult. You can't run the ball in between the tackles against the Chiefs right now, you just can't do it. Nobody's having success with it, and so it's all on Bo's shoulders to just run around where Drew Trankill is tracking everybody.
Speaker 3: But it's very tough.
Speaker 1: Nicks is playing better. I think it's a good test for him. He's got a couple against some better defenses, because I think he's better than he was the first three or four weeks. Sure, you look at the season long drop back numbers, they're pretty rough for them, but I think just eyeball tests and the numbers, he's gotten better. But this will be a test of how much better. I think both quarterbacks are playing better now. They're obviously in different stratospheres as players, but I think Patrick Mahomes has settled into this season and is playing his best ball now of the season coming into this game, and it'll need to. As I mentioned, it's a good Broncos defense. They're a prideful group. I don't think they're gonna want to get waxed again. And I think we're gonna get a fun.
Speaker 5: And moan like Sirtan will sit there and stick on Kelsey in certain situations. He will stick you know, on Dave. You're worthy in certain situations or d Hop. I mean when you've got somebody who can make you play ten on ten that also helps.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we've reached the end of the road for the Week ten Preview ten.
Speaker 4: How about that. We're getting through it.
Speaker 1: We've also reached the end of the road for our friend Randy Chobbs his time at the NFL. So, Randy, I want you to come on in here. I want you to be able to say a couple of words, and I'm going to say a couple of words about you. First of all, we're presenting you with a go away present here. We got the Dodgers with the patch on and the Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I'm like, off camera like a real, real pro. You can put on a microphone here, Randy while I talk about you. When we were starting NFL Daily in July, and obviously Randy helped out a ton and was a big ass for the Round the NFL podcast. When I was starting NFL Daily out of nowhere essentially in late July, we rush that thing. Eric is on his paternity leave and enjoying a great and deserved time with his baby and his wife, and Randy was there with me to help launch this show. And no matter what time of day, what we needed to get done, if it's late, if it's early, whoever we need to get Randy was always I got you. And that's what he's been like for a couple of years at this company. I think it's been three now that you've been with us and helping out and more than anything, just a great human, a great dude that ups the vibes. We're talking about sad vibes. Yes, we were talking about bad vibes on certain teams earlier. If you add Randy Chavs to the mix, the vibes immediately improve. He's someone that you add to the locker room to get the good feelings so we will miss you, Randy, but we also.
Speaker 4: Want to congratulate you.
Speaker 1: You're going to be producing some big time podcast as elsewhere, and more than anything, you're getting healthcare.
Speaker 4: So multi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been. It's been.
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's it's crazy, you know, to making the jump here from where I came from originally kind of like being super intimidated coming into this and just meeting a lot of great people and learning from a lot of great people, and and uh, you know, leaving here with friends, leaving here with the new feeling of confidence, not necessarily feeling too small for any room. You know this, And I owed a lot to you know, people like you, Claybond, why everyone in this building who've given me just so much great knowledge, And I really, man, it's it's hard to put into words how how much this place and the people here mean to me so well.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, Randy, always part of the family, always certainly part of this show. I mean it was you you with me launching it. And uh, obviously we wish you well and thank you. Yes, that's it for the Randy Shavez era on NFL Daily.
Speaker 6: Here, let's hold this, Let's hold us like you're setting like.
Speaker 1: So you are, you are, You're holding the championship Dodgers jersey and maybe maybe your packers, maybe the good luck for your packers.
Speaker 4: It'll be coming next.
Speaker 6: I hope so, I hope so. But thank you so much, guys. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, Thanks to Randy obviously, thanks to Steve Patrick Eric who is always holding it down behind the glass as well. That's it for our Week ten preview. We'll be back Thursday night. Nick Westling will be joining me to recap Raven's Bengals.
Speaker 4: Really looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: And yeah, when Randy Schaviz is getting dental, you know football is back