Speaker 1: You've probably heard of fight club. It's the place where if you get in it, you can't talk about it. Well, I'm not tough enough or quiet enough to even be in that club, but I am part of a UFO lunch club, and every so often a gang of us who work in showbiz and we care about UFOs. We all get together at a restaurant in the valley. We engage in some championship dining, kick around what we're working on, talk about what's new in the whole UAP world, that kind of thing. It's great fun. The food is good, but the company's better. And the current roster includes my pals Andy Ceriano, Sylvan White, Dave Foley, all of whom have Insane credits and are actively working in the business today. Today's guest on Sound, Light and Frequency is in that club too. He's a filmmaker whose career feels almost genetically engineered for our show. Dean Aliotto is the writer and the director behind The McPherson Tape, the nineteen eighty nine alien abduction film that helped invent the whole found footage genre, and right now he's got a new documentary out, The ex Answers Full disclosure and it's a banger, man. I gotta tell you we're gonna be talking about that and a lot of other things. And he's bringing with him an exclusive clip to the show from his interview with Travis Walton. So that is worth waiting around for. But before we bring Dean into the sound Light and Frequency Mothership, though, let me just pull in my co host Brent Friedman. Brent, are you there?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Brent, there you are.
Speaker 2: I'm just beamed down to earth.
Speaker 1: You just beamed in. Listen, I know you. Speaking of being beamed, you were working your ass off on Call of Duty this week. Thanks for making the time to come on in. What's going on? What are you working on?
Speaker 2: I think we joked about this on Jesse Michael's show that the only thing that is going to be slower drip disclosure than about UAP and aliens is call of duty.
Speaker 1: I absolutely cannot say anything. Oh excellent, I won't slow drip that anymore. I'll tell you I got the opposite issue. We are recording this right now a few days after I just did an appearance on Coast to Coast AM with George Nori, and that's the one where you go on the air at midnight, or at least that's the slot they'd always give me midnight till two am, which means I end up caffeinating at eleven thirty at night so that I can be alert for the show, and then after the show, I can't sleep, so it's a last day. But something interesting occurred to me though, Brent. Yeah, because I've been doing Coast to Coast for a while. I did an original Coast to Coast with Art Bell back in ninety six. This is, of course, right when Dark Skies was debuting, right, And what I thought was so interesting about it is the appearance I did with Art Bell was just a couple of weeks after jc Krashtar party and a week after he brought his superior officer out to the office. And yet if you listen to the interview I did with Art Bell on Coast to Coast, that never comes up. He wouldn't have thought to ask about it, and even though I had just lived through it, I didn't feel like talking about it. I have a theory on that I'd love to hear it at please.
Speaker 2: Because I actually don't remember us discussing or war gaming. What is Bryce going to say on art Bell Show. My guess is that your instinct at that time was similar to mine, And I'll call it the Strieber conundrum. Right, if you're a Hollywood writer of fiction and you start talking about really strange true stories set in the UFO universe, people are just going to assume you're making everything up. And then you get into terms like, oh, he's an inside man, he's part of the propaganda problem. Whatever the case is, there's a credibility issue when people who work in Hollywood start telling what they insist are true stories. And I think even to this day, it's very hard, as I think our guests today will attest to stride that bides the fence where you're working both in fiction and in fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is all one hundred percent true, and I think there's just only one other aspect of it. It was so fresh in my mind what had just happened, but I was so not clear in my mind as to why it happened or how it happened. And we, of course were in the middle of producing the show, so there wasn't a lot of time to think about it, And like you said, the last thing I thought I should be doing is opening up that, because then people are like, wait, people would have gotten it wrong. I heard that they were working with the Office of Naval Intelligence on their which was not true or anything like that. You do bring up an interesting point, which we're going to be getting into with Dean in just a few minutes. But this whole cover of fiction thing, which is what Dark Skies was right. So you were saying the whole conceit of the series, which was a dramatic piece of fiction put on a television network, was that we were telling the truth under the cover of fiction. And I think what Dean will tell us is his own little brush with that, which I find equally fascinating. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I can't wait to discuss it.
Speaker 1: What else is on your mind these days? Are you getting people talking to you at all about Disclosure Day? If you heard any reaction to that.
Speaker 2: The most common reaction I've heard is people who have seen it were a little confused or disappointed. Their expectations were off, and they went back to see it another time or two, and each time they saw it they enjoyed it more. And I think that seems to be the kind of parabola that most people are having with this disclosure day.
Speaker 1: I did enjoy it more, but seeing it twice now, the second time I enjoyed it more. I think just because I was ready to just give in to the experience and see if I could pick up some of the details. It's still not a perfect film, but it's a good film, and it's about something that I love to talk about, so what's not to like. Okay, enough of all this. We're going to take a short break here with which allows our friends at iHeart to keep the lights on and the MIC's hot for us, and then we'll be back with the Dean of the Ufology, Dean Alioto stand by.
Speaker 2: I'm Brent Friedman. Years ago, a family friend who became a cabinet member in the Reagan administration disclosed to me that aliens are real. They're here, and he'd seen them.
Speaker 1: I'm Bryce is Abel. Later, when we were producing Dark Skies, an NBCTV series about an alien invasion, we were approached by men who said they were from the Office of Naval Intelligence and they wanted to give us inside information in exchange for access to our show.
Speaker 2: We didn't take that deal, but we have never stopped thinking about it.
Speaker 1: That's why we do this podcast. We're working out ideas in real time about how Hollywood is portrayed aliens and why.
Speaker 2: Every episode is different because there are so many questions.
Speaker 1: We're looking for answers. It's an active investigation. Let's do this together. Dean. I want to welcome you to the show. You're not only in the club, but now you're on the sound, light and frequency club. So thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: Sorry one second, Steven, right now, and I will get to it. You did not get read in.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be telling them I got your back, brother. Okay, Now I'm gonna unmute.
Speaker 1: Okay, by I love it. Okay, listen, if in fact you can pick up the phone and call mister Spielberg, please invite him on the show. Listen, this is an issue. We might as well just talk about it. It's interesting because Brent has had that experience with Toby Hooper, and I know you heard the essence of that story, and yet you don't think there's any evidence I gathered that Steven Spielberg ever got read into anything. Is that pretty much accurate? Yea.
Speaker 3: The first thing, the first rule of Fight Club you're going to call back for me is not to talk about it.
Speaker 4: It's that I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: So with that in mind, the only thing I do know is that I have this on the back of my phone, which is Mayflower and in the movie Close Encounters, I'm a total geek.
Speaker 4: Close Encounters a third kind.
Speaker 3: That was a program that Lacombe fon TUFO was heading out. And what I did in preper for this is I read every single thing I can get my hand on online offline.
Speaker 4: I read diaries. I read Spielberg's book which might have been written by him. The adaptation.
Speaker 3: Tarantino seems to think he had a ghost writer, possibly, which was done a lot back then, and looking at it and reverse engineering and looking at all the drafts, we've got basically Paul Schrader, who does the first draft. He's the one that introduces the spirituality aspect of it, so everyone is contributing to this. He did read, obviously Heineck's work, because that's where he got the title, and I think it cost him ten or twenty thousand that he was to donate to Heinick's organization and brought him on set.
Speaker 4: There's a little bit of.
Speaker 3: A time bend with regards to was Jacques flat influenced was an influence for the character Lacom or did that character already exist because there are some drafts where time wise there's maybe a discrepancy there. So when I look at all of what was available then at the time, and I look at allultimately what the message is the only thing that is a slight bump. But again, this was written. There were conspiracies way back when, and some of it's born out not to be conspiracies, like Lockheed Martin. The fact they had boxes there is kind of like, uh okay, because that factor is heavy into the partitioning out the technology to independent companies so that the government doesn't have to disclose.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: The thing that's interesting is that, and this is the only thing that gave me pause, is that.
Speaker 4: Brent got the first hand.
Speaker 3: And so now that's jacked up my whole big thing because I as an independent filmmaker, my job. Half my job is looking for funding and any check that I've ever gotten for from the government has bounced. I'm always looking for financing sources. No one's come to me, and I've been at this since nineteen eighty nine. So the one thing I know about Toby Hooper is when he did the movie Poltergeist, he was working off Spielberg's storyboards a lot of it, and I think John Lenette was the and John said there was like phone Core, which is sheet would but made out of foam, and it would have all the storyboards. So the look of that Toby Hooper version of Poltergeist is a Spielberg movie. Those shots I know as a director, I've studied, reverse engineered all that, so not that was kind of hidden, but I know that there is some overlap there. So what does that mean back to the first Fichael, I don't know. And so I'm confused by this, Brent. It's throwing a wrench into it that Toby would say that, because a lot of times people say stuff based on their belief. But did Spielberg actually say yes, I was reading, and you're not supposed to say that.
Speaker 1: So Brent, you should probably tell Discatch people real quickly if they're joining us in progress, what it was that Toby Hooper told you. And by the way, before you do that, even John Leonetti, does that ring a bell for you? It does?
Speaker 2: Yes, in fact, yeah, he John Lenetti was promoted to director of the infamous Mortal Kombat Annihilation movie that Bryce and I wrote, and I should have asked John when I had access to him about his Poltergeist experience. That sounds interesting, although I have heard those rumors as well. It doesn't sound like rumors though, so really quickly, I think context is important to the conversation that I had with Toby Hooper preceded Bryce and I being offered a deal with the Office of Naval Intelligence because we were still scouting the pilot. And yeah, I was with Toby Hooper and the right after doing a scout up in New Hall Ranch. And what happened was we were sitting in a roadhouse having lunch together. Well, everyone else in the scouting team was off talking about logistics and actually working, and Toby and I were just shooting the breeze. And I said to him, knowing that he had what he had told me was a competitive, friendly, competitive relationship with Steven, I said, you're finally going to have something over on Stephen. And he's like, what's that? And I said, you're going to be the first one to put a crop circle on film. He hasn't done that. And he said, I'm never going to be ahead of Stephen in this category and I was like, what do you mean, and he said, after Jaws, he was approached by some intelligence people, I think naval intelligence, and he was so successful they offered him a deal to get information for influence and he took it. And Close Encounters is apparently based on a true story or some true story elements, and same with ET and I was taken aback by that. This is completely shocking to me. And then the only thing that surpassed that shock was when you and I got offered a deal by naval intelligence. The whole thing just seemed incredibly strange and prophetic. I will say this just add one more log to the fire. Here we have an upcoming episode where someone else heard the same story that I did from Toby Hooper. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And by the way, Brent Janori, one of the first questions he asked me was about that. And I attempted to do an impression of you doing an impression of Toby Hooper, and I had to abandon that because I wasn't very good at it. But it is interesting to hear that story, Dean. It doesn't really matter the truth of it is almost everything that's in there. He could have also gotten out of the context of books and the people he talked to.
Speaker 3: I would imagine, Yeah, it's interesting because you have to hold both in the hand, and it's like the scales, which one is coming up or down. When I look at ET, I know because I'm a total geek azoid that Et was based on a first draft of this script that he was doing, which was going to be about the was it not the Kenningberg The.
Speaker 4: Story in nineteen was nineteen fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kentucky, I think, yes, thank you, where the family gets assaulted, and so he was going to do this because it was interested in that. The thing with Stephen is that he's got Stephen mister Spielberg, is that he's got this side to him because he was a prankster when he was kid, and he loves horror stories and so hence Poltergeist.
Speaker 4: Which he co wrote.
Speaker 1: And so if I think Steve calling.
Speaker 2: There, he doesn't like this, he doesn't like where this conversation is, You're going to have.
Speaker 1: To just tell him that we are busy talking about him.
Speaker 4: That was my ring tone for Steven.
Speaker 3: So what happens is is that you have someone who who in this case is I reverse engineer this, so I go, Okay. Spielberg, when he was going to do Twilight Zone the movie, he was going to do one called Trick or Treat, and in this episode it was going to be that these kids are coming and there's this grumpy old guy and trick or treat put a stone in our rock in the bag and stuff and instigate this. And so these tricker treaters would come and he goes to open the door to trick them or whatever, and the masks that they're wearing aren't masks and they're actually.
Speaker 4: These brilliant fun but it's a little too dark.
Speaker 3: So he ends up doing Kick the Can, which was a remake of the classic episode.
Speaker 4: So Spielberg has that sideer's got that edge.
Speaker 3: So he was going to do this story and the family being attacked, but he found this one character in the script that he really enjoyed, and so he took that character and made him into the movie. Et and so ET wasn't written by Spielberg. It was inspired, but Melissa Matheson correct wrote.
Speaker 1: It ready Harrison Ford at the time.
Speaker 3: I'm yes, and no relation to Richard Matheson, But so I don't see anything in that is extra sauce in the phenomenon, So I'm kind of going, Okay, where's that, And then we can talk about Disclosure Day again, not too much that we haven't already seen. It's good for the public to kind of catch up because like the word experiencer is mentioned twice twenty minutes in and sixty three minutes in the first time in a Hollywood film.
Speaker 4: Thank you Steve much.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I'm listening to this podcast called What Went Wrong, and it's about making movies, and they covered Independence Day and Independence Day. They wanted to work with the military because it would get all these free props and everything, and the military had a list of things. They first of all, felt like the military guys weren't taken too serious in the fact that Will Smith's character was engaged to a stripper.
Speaker 4: They didn't come into that. Didn't like it.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that they had, among other things, was the Area fifty one. They said, you can't do that, you can't have that in here. We're tired of being hassled about Area fifty one. Please remove that whole nonsense, they said, right, quote unquote. That was the final straw that broke the camel's back, and Dean Devlin, who was the co.
Speaker 1: Writer another great beam.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah with Roland Emrick said go f yourself. We're gonna go ahead and do this. However, when Transformers came around, they went all right, let's give them full on and let's cooperate and everything. So, like anything in this field, some of it's true, some of its shade of true, and some of it's not.
Speaker 1: So listen, we should let's talk about your movie forget. I don't know who this Spielberg guy is that he should command so much of our attention. It is interesting that you point out he uses the word experience or twice in the film and what he is in essence saying, besides just giving the word a different value, he's saying, hey, folks, in addition to all the stuff about lights in the sky and orbs and things like that, there's this whole thing that we've swept under the rug in polite conversation, even in eufology, which is people that have experienced things. Now, Brent, you're an experiencer yourself, maybe not of the type in Dean's new movie, which is called I Believe the Experiencers Full disclosure.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, half disclosure was taken, so I had to go full disclosure.
Speaker 1: I listen. I guess my question is do you think that your film is breaking ground or are you reaching a different audience. I think I'm asking rather than the people like Brent and I and people who listen to us often know abductees and experiencers. They know UFOs and UAP, we know the terminology things like that. But were you reaching past those of us in the sort of the euthological movement to a larger audience.
Speaker 3: Well, the challenge of representing anything in this field, and that goes with podcasters or radio hosts filmmakers, is you're serving two masters. You're serving the UFO community, which knows pretty much everything under the sun with regards to what the latest and greatest is right, and so they're always clamoring for it, give me ne mic drops, and so you got to service them, and you have to give them mic drops. Then the bigger audience is the general public, which you're doing two things. One is you're saying, hey, catch up, there's a lot that's been going on since I'm sure the last time that you've checked in here, And the other is aspect is to inspire them, and so if you're UFO curious, this should hopefully get you to say, Okay, hold on, what's going on here? Maybe I'm going to investigate a little bit more. I'm going to look more into this. And so for me, that was the main audience because there's the echo chamber effect that we have. But I wanted to do something because I was on Richard Dolan show and I only mentioned that guy because I've never heard of this Richard Dole ever heard of again you just call him RD because he said this is so weird because there hasn't been a documentary with about experiencers in years, and it used to be The Dajure, definitely with John Mack in the mid to late nineties. And so I looked at it and again I didn't intend on doing any of this, guys, because of my film, the McPherson tape. I went for the twenty fifth anniversary. I went back to the same UFO convention where it was shown without my knowledge, without the credits as the real McCoy, which Lieutenant Colonel Don Ware came out and said this is real, et cetera.
Speaker 4: And I had to go that forced.
Speaker 3: Me to go on national TV to debunk my own movie, because I don't need UFO researchers having to take on any more crap that's out there.
Speaker 1: I hold that thought for a second, though, because let's finish up experiences and then pull vault back in time to the We've actually got a clip of your new documentary, which I think would be great if we could just play it now, and then we'll come back and we'll talk a little bit more. So let's take a lore for that.
Speaker 2: You will not be anxious or distract I can remember everything, and you will tell me everything.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was a dream, didn't really think anything of it.
Speaker 3: But apparently it's not common to have identical dreams with siblings.
Speaker 4: They took us and they hurt us.
Speaker 6: It's not easy to talk about. That was the greatest fear I've ever experienced. What do you remember from that moment on? When I regained consciousness, I didn't know where I was.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was dying.
Speaker 7: There's something profoundly important going on here.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anything like this before.
Speaker 3: I find them compelling and I find them believable.
Speaker 7: They seem to pick people who are particularly strong, stable, open minded.
Speaker 2: I'm an experiencer.
Speaker 1: I'm an experiencer, I had experiences.
Speaker 7: What has happened to these people is what they say has happened to them, even though I fully recognize that that's not possible in the worldview in which they and I were raised.
Speaker 4: For a long time, I was very dismissive of abductees, which is.
Speaker 8: A weird thing.
Speaker 4: Do not believe when I believe UFOs appealed. We don't know what happened to us, and it goes beyond what we know or don't know about them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we have a even stretched a surface in all science fiction of what aliens could be.
Speaker 8: Like, it's theater, What have any blinking lights?
Speaker 4: That's the show.
Speaker 8: That's the show. Why are these alien beings abducting people?
Speaker 1: It wants to be seen. It wants us to be aware of it.
Speaker 5: UFOs and aliens or they may be be us in the future.
Speaker 2: Time travel or the interdimensional.
Speaker 3: Watching, lurking stalking.
Speaker 6: Be very simple to eliminate us.
Speaker 4: The entire universe has some kind of intelligence to it.
Speaker 5: What can we learn through the lens of science and then all the mysteries that surround it.
Speaker 6: He says, you don't have any reasons to see your praise.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: Well, that certainly got my attention. I just wanted to say a shout out to Dave Foley, who's in there, who's part of the Lunch Club by the way, But also because he said something that I think has been hanging around this subject for so long, and it's the simplest thing around, which is he was always skeptical of people that said they'd been abducted or now experiencers, and yet he believed in UFOs. I think that is one of the cleanest issues that's out there, and I think that's really what your documentary addresses for people. It says, forget about the lights for a second, let's talk about the rest of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One of the things that I've been saying there could.
Speaker 3: Be like a jump cuts or super cuts of it, is the hearings have been focusing on the elephant's tail, but no one's talking about the elephant in the room. And we're there now because we can only talk about nuts and bolts for so long, which is important, not saying it isn't, but at some point we have to talk about why these nhis non human intelligent beings are doing swing buys.
Speaker 4: On our planet.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's for in and out burger, but you can only hit that a few times and you.
Speaker 4: Go, y, it's I got it. It's good. Maybe I'll get animal style next time.
Speaker 3: So it's really more of we need to ask why they're swinging by here, what's going on, and we need to look at certain data points. We keep pointing it to data when it comes to the nuts and bolts. But as an example, in nineteen ninety two, there was a roper pole which was taken and they asked five different questions in their poll to determine if people might have been taken based on certain things, whether it's sleep paralysis with something in the room, missing time, et cetera. They found one in fifty showed more than one displayed or acknowledged more than one of these things. If I take that and I add that and do math, which hurts my brain, Believe me, I don't want to do it.
Speaker 4: But it came out to three.
Speaker 3: Point seven million people on the planet that possibly could be experiencers to that degree. And so even if you shave off two thirds of that, you're still looking at over a million people over the years. And so that and along with the other belief that the experiencers are done, that they're no longer being abducted, that people aren't being taken. You'll see in this documentary we've got two young sisters where it's still going.
Speaker 4: On, folks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Circling back to the point you made Bryce about Dave Foley's quote, it's always struck me that with regards to abductions and just actually the existence of alias, the idea that they would be here but maybe not abducting. I think it's a fear fantasy thing. I think the fantasy is we're not alone. There's an intelligent life out there, and if they haven't done an Independence Day on us, then maybe they're here to help us, and boy do we need help, right, So that's the fantasy. The fear is, oh, wait, they're going to hurt me. They're going to come into my home while I'm sleeping and they're gonna take me and they're going to do things to me. I don't like that part of it. I'm much more interested in the other part. So I think that's why a lot of people don't want to go there.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that's Dave Foley's opinion. I'm just saying I think when I've talked to people, abductions make people uncomfortable, right, and so that's the darker senior side of the phenomenon. Another thing that I think is fascinating is with regards to the why. The question becomes in my mind, there's eight billion humans on the planet and if your math is correct, and certainly I'm not going to challenge it, it could be millions of people who are experiencing this phenomenon. Are they all just making it up? And by the way, I would even say that could be a very concerns servative number because as we know, a lot of people aren't honest in a poll. A lot of people wouldn't even actually disclose in any shape or form because they can't even probably admit it to themselves that they had something traumatic happen. So if we're talking millions of people out there, are they all just hallucinating and they're all having a version of the same hallucination? Okay, if that's the case, can we examine that? Can we come up with a logical explanation for that?
Speaker 1: So, Dean, I'm going to put it to you. Then if Let's say that your number is a conservative number, in which case we pull vault to millions. But you said three points, say it's five. Whatever. What in the world would any nhi let alone maybe multiples want with that many people. When Betty and Barney first happened, I remember first hearing about it, and I believe my mother had read the Look or Life magazine excerpts Look Magazine, Look magazine, Excuse me, and we were talking about it and just saying, if they're really visitors from elsewhere, they're doing medical experiments because they want to understand the flora and the fauna kind of thing. But you don't do that with many millions of people. So what's your take. You've thought about this a long time. What do you think is going on?
Speaker 3: There were certain bumps for me that when I went into this, as I was mentioning before, with the first film that I did that just happened to be the found foot film that happened to be about aliens. That kind of got me indoctrinated into the phenomenon club, if you will.
Speaker 4: And so for the.
Speaker 3: Anniversary, went back to the convention that it was shown and believed to be real, and I went up and dig a Ted talk talking about how I felt like I was forced gumping all this. I'm not that clever, guys. It just happened, and I got dragged along with it. And so I started meeting people at a convention, my first UFO convention ever, and I started meeting highly credible people and academics.
Speaker 4: From Harvard, Carnegie, Mellon, Montana.
Speaker 3: Tech who were looking at this, maybe not saying they know everything that's going on. I don't think anyone really does to the length that we want, but they had hypothesis that seem to resonate and make sense. One of them, which we feature in the documentary is the extra Tempestrial hypothesis by doctor Michael la Masters, and his is that they're from the future. It's just one aspect that we look at. We look at everything. It's a menu where you can pick whatever you want. But I'm going to give you some options, and I'm going to give you a special to day if you're nice. And so basically what happens is you are looking at this and I go for me, because first and foremost, when you do these shows and everything, you have a list of things that you want to answer it's your curiosity. That's the reason why we're filmmakers is curiosity. And so I'm like, I need to know two things. I want to know why it's taking them so long to figure out the anatomy of a human? Why do they keep doing this? And then other things are little trivial things like what's with the quote unquote anal probe?
Speaker 4: What the hell is that about?
Speaker 3: And so when I got Michael Masters and he was talking about how being an anthropological biologist, he has studied animals and studied mankind from the earliest stages and project us out and he says, but it's not an anal probe, it's a stool sample.
Speaker 4: And I go, wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: He says, when we tag a bear, we don't give a laxative to a bear and wait around for it to evacuates bowels. We go in and we have a device that basically takes it in the shape it's in, because that's part of getting an accurate reading as well.
Speaker 4: And so that's what's probably going on.
Speaker 3: And then everything changes when you start getting into the hybrid program. Now we're looking at something that's just not doing a swing buy and taking samples and stuff. Now we're looking at something that literally is boy, there's no easy way to put this, but it's the hybridization of these beings, whether they're us, are there from another planet, or whatever, but it's merging this together for some operation. And so one of my questions to Michael was and I couldn't use in the documentary because his response was total Michael masters, which is I said, hey, how come there's no reptilian hybrids? Are mantis hybrids? No one talks about that? And he says, yes. That furthers my case that these gray aliens are us from the future. Because you can diddle a sheep all day long, you're not going to get a sheep man because and we can't mate with our primates that are chimpanzees and everything. So it's too big of an ass technology wise for us to be able to do that unless they have advanced technology where they.
Speaker 1: Can do that.
Speaker 4: But there's something going on.
Speaker 3: And so every time I've gone to an experience or support group, I ask Yvonne Smith, and I ask all of her experiences, why why are they doing this operation, this hybrid operation?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: And she says, we don't know, we don't know if it's for them or for us, but she says, we suspect it's both of us, because you wouldn't be that committed to save some civilization that really doesn't affect you to that extent that this operation is. And so if it is, then from the future, and that makes sense because they're trying to save themselves.
Speaker 4: And then sorry, this is the long answer, guys. One last thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever the experiencers talk about the two messages that they get, and we know we've heard these messages over and over again, they're always the same, which is your technology isn't helping you.
Speaker 4: Now, yes, it's.
Speaker 3: Got to be nuclear weapons, absolutely, but I think it's even more so these I think the smartphone and everything we're doing in AI that's coming that is not going to it seems helpful first, but it's not ultimately going to lead there. And so if that is a technology, so we have to put a pause on that.
Speaker 4: But the other thing they say is.
Speaker 3: You're screwing up your planet. And to prove this to you, we're going to show you a slide show. And in this slide show, you're going to see trees that have been scorched, You're going to see gray skies, You're going to see cities that have fallen to the wayside. And so my question is where is this footage coming from. Is this footage that they actually have acquired and are playing for us?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Ai? So?
Speaker 3: And then just to put a little tail on this thing, why are they showing this to us if we can't change the future. So this is letting this to me as they're saying, look, you can change this. This is where you're heading right now, but you can change this. So that's the most hopeful thing that I take out of that, glean out of that. And so then my question whenever I go to these convention stuff, as I say, guys, I think maybe what we need to do is we need to shift our focus that this isn't just a phenomenon for a two species meeting. This is a call to action, and so why don't we look at environmental issues and politicians that are leaning towards there because this is us, this is our planet.
Speaker 4: And that's sorry, I'm just going on and on.
Speaker 3: But lastly, when people think that technology is going to save our ass and we can go to another planet, we're not going to find another planet now, No, not like this.
Speaker 4: Where are we going to get it?
Speaker 3: Where our actual gravity is exactly the same, the days are the same, the hours of distance.
Speaker 4: It's too big an ask.
Speaker 1: Because we cover movies here, I couldn't. I can't let you say what you just said and not point out I wrote a movie called Official Denial that aired in nineteen ninety three that was all about UFOs and it was about them being us from the future. So I have to stay claim to at least thirty three years ago having stated that, and literally in that film, I have the alien in part through some kind of telepathic thing to a human exactly what you said. All this footage right the whole idea of the film at the end week because it was a time travel film at its heart, and there were many meetings with You can only imagine the meetings with executives going now, wait a minute, what And then finally one day it might have been me, it might have been an executive, but somebody just went the future is unwritten, and everybody went, oh, oh, that makes the movie makes sense, And we convinced ourselves that was the case, and that they were here because they needed to save themselves, and they in order to save themselves, they had to save us. And so I keep an open mind about that. But the time when I wrote that, to be completely honest to me, it wasn't out of conviction that this is what is going on. It was out of a conviction this is a good movie. This has a there's a twilight Zone twist for the final several minutes of the film kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I have two very important things to say, yes you do. The first is that if you listen to this show, you know I like finding strange connections. It's just one of my favorite things. And I there's a connection here that I want to surface. Dean in your movie The McPherson Tapes, and Bryce in your movie Official Denial. You guys both not you, but each of those movies used kids in costumes to be the aliens. And you know who else did Steven Spielberg in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Speaker 1: It's a new club.
Speaker 2: It's a new club, another one that I'm not included in. And by the way, what I think is most fascinating about that is that he has gone on record as saying that he made that choice specifically to represent aliens that were unfamiliar but non threatening.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 4: And also they were androgynists. Yes, they're at a certain age.
Speaker 3: And I absolutely cop to the fact that I nick that I took it from Spielberg.
Speaker 4: It was like, that makes Yeah, why wouldn't you? Yeah, why mess with a formula that's worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next super important thing that I want to say is just that I love as a writer contemplating this. It's us from the future idea, and in a weird way, that's the most comforting. Right, It's okay, you guys know a lot, come back and help us up, get us out of this mess. Right, you're invested in us.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: The one thing I will say, though, that complicates this is that, and I'm Dean, you know this is as well as we do, because we just did an episode about this, is that certain experiencers do not report seeing grays. It's not the grays who abducted them. And for instance, Travis Walton, even though in the movie it depicts grays or what looks like grays if I'm correct, he was abducted by Nordics or something that what he would describe as Nordics. And so this brings up the question mark for me, is it all true? Are there aliens from the future coming back that also have other aliens from other planets possibly and interdimensional entities? And basically, is the bar at tattooing right? What is going on here? There isn't a silver bullet solution to this in my mind, at least I haven't heard it yet.
Speaker 1: I'm because Dean, you brought us a clip that that's from your documentary that hasn't been seen before. So why don't you set that up? Let's play that and then let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Did my lawyers agree to this? Shocking? Shocking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine it, but we're going to play it anyway.
Speaker 3: So, from what I understand in interviewing Travis, there were the Nordics, but the way the Nordics appeared was the second act for Travis's abduction. First there were the little guys, and then that's when, and then he talks about how, and we get into some of it, but.
Speaker 4: Not all the details.
Speaker 3: But as an example, he wakes up when we talk about that, he wakes up and he sees these beans and they're frustrated because they're trying to effectuate some form of mental telepathy. It's not working, and he he grabs these utensils that are next to the table and he gets off the table and he's swinging this around, threatening them, and these little guys take off and he describes him as being that, and then the Nordic guy comes in, Hey, he settled down. I'm just like you. But they're not vibing. And so that's a whole other thing. So when I go to interview Travis and again in the documentary, I wanted to do something that I saw firsthand with James Fox as I consulted on the phenomenon, And what James had done brilliantly was he showed the classic stories the history of UAPs, catching us up to date, and so I wanted to do the same thing. But I wanted to go back to these classic cases like Terry Lovelace as well, who's relatively new comparatively, and Deborah Jordan Cobble have her in there, and Barney and Betty Hill, but find new things, right. And one of the things I found was something that Travis just came out. I'm not sure even what the answer what the question was that I asked him, but I think what I said is I said a lot of these start early in childhood and then people forget about that, and then later on they're taken again. And he starts telling me, and this is twenty eighteen nineteen when I did this interview. He starts telling me about this experience that he had when he was a kid, and this is the clip.
Speaker 1: Let's see that.
Speaker 6: The being that came to me as a small child was dressed pretty much the same way that Betty Hill's beings were which occurred after that in terms of dates. So I couldn't have been inspired by her tales because as a matter of fact, I didn't even recognize this being as an alien. It was a little man, as the way I described it to my siblings, just a little man with a large head and big eyes. And to a little kid, an alien was like a purple people leader, you know, sort of a cartoon's character. Nobody described grays or use the term aliens. Were maybe a human looking being with antanna coming out of the top of their head. But this was a very real experience to me. I did my best to explain to my and convince my siblings that this really happened, and they remember that to this day. Fifty years later, but they still think maybe I had a dream. It's not a dream, Dean.
Speaker 1: That Wow, it blows my mind because I see why you didn't put it in though, because you're trying to talk to people about Travis and his woodcutter crew out there and he gets abducted in nineteen seventy five. But here he is saying, yeah, I saw these creatures back when I was a little kid, and suddenly now it asked us to draw some kind of connection between Travis as a kid and why this would happen in nineteen seventy five. And I'm just kind of curious. You've been sitting with this for a while. A has he said this? I've not heard him say this before. Has he said it before? And what do you think about it? How did these things connect?
Speaker 3: He just recently talked about it and just very superficially like he remembers something happening there.
Speaker 4: But I had more of a bite here more.
Speaker 1: Thank you to it. Yeah, yeah, and thank your lawyers, by the way, thank them.
Speaker 3: I will, and I appreciate the hundred thousand in the brown. Yes it was more than a half, Thank you.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was an issue of whether I should put in there or not. And here's the thing each of these cases, especially Terry Lovelace, is when he talks about military being on craft, military officers in their twenties being on craft. I could do a documentary just on that alone. I have too much territory. And you'll see when you watch the documentary that we cover so much. And then we've got also amazing award winning animation that's being done to two by the way, is well, thank you, So it's you know, and I also had footage of Travis playing the guitar, and so it's really tough because you've got to kill your darlings, as they say. And so at some point I might do a compilation of like special bonus features. But anyway, it was something that again the point is that this is something that usually starts in childhood. I'll tell you something I haven't talked about before. This happened Sunday to me. We are coming back from Martha's vineyard and right after the Fourth of July holidays, and we've got this driver and he's driving, and the inevitable question comes up, what do you do? And so rather than say I create tiles for the shuttle, space shuttle, which sometimes goes well, sometimes doesn't. I said, I do documentaries, and it's like, oh, what do you do documentaries about?
Speaker 4: And I'm with Ali, my girlfriend, and she comes out and.
Speaker 3: Says UFOs and he goes, oh really, and I'm going this guy's gonna pull over and go get the hell out when we have two more hours. And so he said, when I was a kid, and I look over at Ali and I'm like, oh, no way. And he says, when I was a kid, there was this figure, this small figure that would sit next to me at night, came and visited me a few times. I don't remember how many times, but it was blue and it's hue, and he was saying, Hey, don't worry about your friend this or that. He's only jealous or this or that. And he's literally at the time, maybe seven or eight years old. He tells his mother and his mom says, oh interesting, and then occasionally she will check in over the years, Hey did you ever see that guy again? So mom knows everyone else thought he was crazy. And he tells me, he says, I've never told anyone that before. He says, my mother is no longer alive with us. So she was the only person I ever told, but.
Speaker 4: He told me that.
Speaker 3: Now again, this is to your point, Brent, just imagine how many people are keeping this on the down low. I'm constantly shocked when I mentioned this and they go, oh, yeah, I saw something. And the rub is the worst part of all of this is that I still have not seen a UFO. And I said to Yvonne Smith, I go, I've been working on these documentaries for nearly a decade now, and I've got one more after this, and I don't know if I think I'll go back to doing the independent films.
Speaker 4: I go, why is this happening?
Speaker 3: And I said, I've come through my pass I have no missing time that I'm aware of, and she laughed and looked at me like an idiot, which there's evidence to support that. And she said, Dean, they don't have to knock on your door to get to you, which was a whole new level of terrifying. But then I started going, maybe they're like the Muse, because the MEU for them, they've shown up time and time with you guys just as long, and so there's something going on where we're being part of the narrative. And again We're not saying that these creatures are from the future that could be intermentional.
Speaker 4: It's everything on the menu.
Speaker 3: But we keep finding that we're looking at all these different aspects and present it to the audience over decades. Why and so I'm still trying to answer. I don't know if you guys have an answer on that.
Speaker 2: So two things, and this is going to be my motif here. I'm gonna always have two things to mention. The first is that since we've been doing this show, Bryce, you and I have talked about it a little bit, but a lot of people have come forward, both online and in person. I got recognized a couple of times in airports you're that UFO guy, and they often say that exact line. I haven't told anyone else this, but I think that idea that if you put yourself out there, because not everyone believes I think some a decent portion of people, But when you start to have strange stories, people are going to ridicule you. You are vulnerable by opening yourself up in that way. And I think people who've had similar experiences, especially if they've sat on them until later in life and they never told anyone. It's a cathartic release. It's that finally being able to tell someone and feel like they're not going to be judged, I think is part of the phenomenon. And I think that's part of why what we're doing collectively by telling stories and trying to promote a dialogue, is the healthiest thing that we can do, because I think there's a lot of stuff that needs to come out, so to speak. The second thing I was going to say is, with regards to Travis and his story, I think what's fascinating is if you take it at face value and you say, no, this actually happened, and maybe he didn't talk about it before, but now he's talking about it, then it essentially invalidates the one critique of his case, which was that he had somehow been influencder He and his friends had been influen by the UFO incident, which was the TV movie about the Betty and Bardi Hill abduction, which had aliens that had wrap around eyes, which was a feature of what he talked about. And so there's this weird chicken in an egg aspect to not just Fire in the Sky and Travis, but all of these stories, and that's been one of the interesting ways that we've approached our podcast is not just is Hollywood under the influence in the way that we had first to hand experience from the government, but just Hollywood in general. What kind of influence does it have on the general population and of those potential millions of experiencers out there, how many of the details that they might recount, even if their circumstances were true, might be entangled from things that they'd seen over the decades in TV and movies. Right, it feels like it's all part of the collective consciousness. Like once it's put out there, whether it's a film or a television show or a story that someone's talking about with their own experiences, it's all entangled and it's all part of that palette that we all use and draw from to tell our own version of the story. Right, And at that point, maybe the details you're begging and borrowing and stealing from different things. The experience may have been absolutely real, but all of the details. It brings up that thing we've talked about before too, which is the Rashamon effect where people don't always remember all of the details, and the longer they go decades and decades and then try and recount their story. Who knows how much of that is objectively true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agreed.
Speaker 3: Travis didn't even remember this at the time, didn't think about it for decades, and then he looked back and was like, oh, that was interesting, and then that connection happened. See, we want things that you bring up a really good point. We want things really clean. And Greg Bishop is the first one to tell me when I first started going down this rabbit hole, dude, be aware, this is not clean at all. It's messy as hell. And he says he doesn't like John Keel. He doesn't trust cases unless they have high strangeness, unless there's something weird, right, Yes, And so it's a detail that folds in and whether that's a screen memory of yeah, I member as a kid talking to an owl, then you realize I can't talk to an owl.
Speaker 4: And so it's strange in.
Speaker 3: That way because we do editorialize things a lot, and we also camparnamentalize things that don't become relevant till later and we go, oh, oh wow, so this was that, et cetera. And so I think that maybe that's a component of this.
Speaker 1: We've obviously told our story about what happened to us at Dark Skuys. Have you and your Hollywood rumblings and ramblings ever run across anyone else who has told a story about a government approach to them in any way? Have you heard that story? Has anyone ever talked to you personally about such a thing.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Stephen, they're asking me again, and I just don't wear me down.
Speaker 3: I'm not good at this man. You're better at this good cop, bad cop. I'm just going to tell them no, no, all right, I cannot have it happen yet. I'm looking forward to it, to be honest, because I've got a whole bunch of questions that I want to ask them and say, hold on, holdah, why does this matter to you? And there's people out here that will go nameless who talk about the threats that sometimes these these.
Speaker 4: Characters have made, and not to make light of it.
Speaker 3: But when I hear they came to me and they threatened me, I go, okay, that's because I worked on crime shows for fifteen years.
Speaker 4: They don't threaten you like that. They don't literally overtly say we will take you down.
Speaker 6: Nobody.
Speaker 4: It's not bad dialogue. It is Hey, it was really interesting.
Speaker 3: I saw that your daughter had a different lunchbox today then she had before, and there was a different route that they took to school.
Speaker 4: That's all that needs to be said.
Speaker 1: We were never threatened, but we did get that postcard while we were shooting the pilot that said we are watching you, which is it's not a threat, it's just but the observation feels unnerving to have somebody say they're watching us, So who wants that?
Speaker 4: I don't want anyone watching me.
Speaker 2: Although they did say that if we wanted to make the deal, we had to meet them in a cemetery at midnight, so again not a direct threat, but certainly not the warmest invitation you could.
Speaker 7: Be, Dean.
Speaker 1: If we don't get to this, we must go back to the beginning. Okay, you are the guy behind the McPherson tape. Okay, which was also it's so confusing to me. We met at a UFO conference where we were like sharing a table. My son was there and I think he was trying to put himself through college selling dark skies videos or something, and you guys were bonding, and you told us this story about the McPherson tape because you had some copies of it there, but it was also called the UFO Conductions, and then you were talking about how then you remade it for the CW. But also, as you said earlier on our show, that you had to admit that you had to go on national TV and explain it wasn't real because people were taking My mind is blown. I still today can't quite explain it all. So I'm going to give you the floor here my friend tell us the story of the McPherson tape.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to cure the DVD commentary. Hold on one second, you.
Speaker 4: Have that, Nick, can you pull it out?
Speaker 3: It's really Again I mentioned that I feel like Forrest Gump. There was no genius behind this. It was just the circumstances. Again, I was training twenty five. All of my idols, including Spielberg, had made their first film by twenty five, so I had to do something. And a buddy of mindset I'll give you sixty five hundred bucks to make a movie, and I just read Communion. And on the side, I was filming with my buddy wedding videos and so I was used to the VHS formats and home video and I thought, oh, I also love war, the worlds?
Speaker 4: What if I do?
Speaker 3: Basically wore the worlds on videotape, and I ascribed to the letter of the law onto these the experiences of the family members and the creatures, what they look like and everything.
Speaker 4: And so I made this thing.
Speaker 3: We shot it in a day and a half, and then it became again.
Speaker 4: Like I said I thought it was.
Speaker 3: There was a There was actually a warehouse fire where I was told that my main master, all my artwork.
Speaker 4: Were gone, burned to the ground. History.
Speaker 3: And so five years later, I get a call from this guy. I'm not going to say his name because he's no longer with us, but Sean David Morton, and he was a character in this and he would talk about this, so that's why I mentioned him. But he said, look, I just came back from the International UFO Congress Convention. Here's what happened. Unsolved Mysteries hardcome being a show call Encounters on Fox. They want to do a story on this, they want to get this footage. And so I said, well, Unsolved Mysteries is out, and he actually said not necessarily.
Speaker 4: And I said, that's pretty sure.
Speaker 3: It's called unsolved, not Solve Mysteries, and he goes, okay, So I went on the Fox show Encounters and then that six and a half minute clip. Flash forward another few years later, I'm working on the Stephen J. Cannell crime series and the head writer, Paul Chitlick says, hey, man, I heard about this whole video craziness and I go yeah, and he says I want to see it, and I go, yeah, No, it's weird. It's handheld, and I'm trying to rip off Spielberg and Scorsese with each episode I do, and I don't want to show this handheld home video thing, and he tells me to shut up and show it to him.
Speaker 4: I show it to him.
Speaker 3: And then the next day he says, we have a meeting at Dick Clark Productions, and I think we can sell as a TV movie. And I said, all right, I want a story by credit. You can write this teleplay. I'll direct it you and I will produce it. Now go back to your office. So we go and we pitch it. We walk in there, we show them the six a half minute segment. The head of TV movie department, Dick Clark Neil Stearns, shakes her hand and says, we're going to take it. So that was my first Hollywood deal. I'm thirty two years old. It gives me great anxiety because I've been trying to be a filmmaker since I was a teenager, and all of a sudden things are going well. Doesn't make sense. It's as much a mindscrew as not getting what you want. And so flash forward a few months later and we're making it as UPN's flagship first TV movie. And so now the budget is we're shooting in Canada, so it's one point seven million. I can't spend that. We come in half a million hunder budget. We get the guys from the X Files do the ship in Aliens.
Speaker 4: This time it's called the McPherson tape.
Speaker 3: I picked McPherson because I had the word fear in it, and so I thought a nice little nod there for thriller purposes. And so we go, we shoot in a week instead of one night, and everyone gets fired at UPN. We come back, they fire us, They cut it down to an hour, They sacrifice it because they want to show that the regime before them, you guys have heard this before, didn't know what they were doing, and thank god they heard the save of the network. It gets in the highest ratings for a Tuesday prime time. They aired again after they put more footage in. A week later, it does even better, and they say that'll never be on this network again because they've got an egg on their face. And then a year and a half later, the Blair Witch Project comes out and now they're.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, now we get it. Then the internet hits.
Speaker 3: In fact, something that was what my old partner Paul mentioned is there was an online poll that was taken to say do you believe this tape is real or not? Forty nine percent Basically fifty percent thought that it was real, even after credits had said Alien one, two and three played piso ins. So that might taught me something. And then so for several years I had to go online and I had to again debunk and show pictures behind the scenes, look this isn't real as well. So I did do myself any favors by doing the remake, but that's so far been my foray into independent films in sci fi, and so then that led me ultimately to come back to my people, the UFO community in twenty eighteen and start research on these documentaries.
Speaker 1: That's quite a story. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: What I think is so interesting is that you made what I would have to say, it's a very difficult transition. You went from making something fictional that a lot of people believed, right, even if that was not your intention. The minute when people are told, oh, no, everything you believe, No, that's fake, that's Hollywood, the initial response is going to be one of defensiveness and anger. Who's this person that tried to fake everybody? Out?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: You made that transition into now a respected documentarian in the field actually bringing truth to the topic, And so I applaud you for that, because I just I know we're still stuck on the side of the fence where we've got at least one foot in the fictional camp and dipping a toe into the truth and the facts. But that's not an easy transition to make.
Speaker 3: No, And if I wasn't on record, and there wasn't footage of me debunking my own film, there would be an argument to say, this guy is full of it and he's at it again. But along the way, I've been transparent. In fact, I had myself in the documentary talking about the history of this. But Leslie Kane when I interviewed her, she said to me, she goes, as we're packing wrapping out of her apartment, she says, she goes, yeah, you're not gonna be in it, are You? And I have a history tied into this, So I was thinking, yeah, we'd do that. She goes, okay, and I'm like, why does she care if I'm in here or not? And then I go and I edit myself into him. I go, I'm not the story. Why do I need to be in here? I would rather hear the experiencers speak for themselves and have them state their case and then let the audience decide if they feel it's real or not without having to spoon feed it to them. They're much more intelligent than that. The confusion, and there's tons of it around this. To get back to your question, Bryce, the McPherson tape the title, So the remake was called the McPherson tape. That became the foreign version that still called, which was the ninety minute uncut version because I was sold to someone else, not upn so that stayed the same, but the domestic one was changed to the imaginative title Alien Abduction Incident in Lake County and so so.
Speaker 1: Three titles for this project.
Speaker 4: There's three titles.
Speaker 3: And then people the conspiracy mills started rolling around. They said, all right, so the alien Abduction Instant Lake County is actually based on a real movie called the McPherson Tape. And instead of putting it on that same movie, they said, there's an original version of alien Abduction. That one is called the McPherson Tape. So the original the OG nineteen eighty nine is now called the McPherson Tape. I don't fight it, I just go all right, just sure, yes.
Speaker 1: I just want to ask your opinion about something because it's very important in terms of the yin and the yang of what's real and what's not real. And that is in the late nineties, because you've had experience with the network system. Fox airs the alien autopsy right now. If there's ever been one where at first it's presented as real, then it's revealed as not real, but then people continue to say it's real, that would be that project. Do you know anything about can you bring our audience up to speed on that particular story and what your take on it is.
Speaker 3: I have two stories on this. So Bob Kivit, who is a producer. He's the one that produced the Encounter segment where I debunked with footage and stuff my own film. He called me a year or two after and said, hey, I got this footage of this autops and he describes it to me. And I said to him, can I swear on this podcast, by the way, yes, okay, yes, in fact, it's better to do, so please.
Speaker 4: Go okay, all right?
Speaker 3: And I think I get paid every time you guys get paid every time I swearword is dropped. So I said, yeah, Bob, sounds like bullshit to me, and Bob says, and he disagrees that he said this, but I remember it.
Speaker 4: It'ched to my brain. He said, yeah, you're probably right, but.
Speaker 3: I'm going to make a crapload of money from this, and he did. And so that was the truth.
Speaker 4: That was the fact. And so at that point.
Speaker 1: Hang, I want, let's be clear what we're talking about for people who are joining us. This is footage that is presented as the actual footage from the autopsy of an alien done from the Roswell wreckage. Correct. So in other words, we are watching when you watch this film, you are watching doctors in gowns and nurses and in a room cutting open an alien body. Is that correct? And did you think when you saw it did you think it looked realistic at all esthetically?
Speaker 3: No. First of all, if you're gonna have take, you're gonna take the time to set up lights and everything and to orchestrate this whole deal.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get your exposure right.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna make a grainy like it was copying JFK.
Speaker 4: Right, You're not gonna do that. You're gonna put it on a tripod.
Speaker 3: There was tons of examples in the past where they would be doing experiments and stuff, they put things on a tripod.
Speaker 4: They had the time to do that. It wasn't rushed. So that was two big flags.
Speaker 3: For me that it was trying to be too much cinema verite. We're gonna pop in and out of focus and everything. The other is that there's a new rumor that came out new Ish that this isn't the real footage, but it's based on real footage. And there's a couple shots where the leg is torn open where they dug into it in the autopsy, and some it's there it is. Those are probably outtakes, so they tried that version, didn't work.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 3: It just goes on and on. But it's already been debunked, and I know there's going to be some listeners that will say, no, it's that's what they want you to think and everything. Again, I'm going to plead ignorance that I don't know everything, but based on the information that I've gotten and what I've looked at, and I've worked in this in a long field a long time, it doesn't pass muster.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to call BS on that.
Speaker 3: Another note, Two more things on this is Bob and I talked about doing the Alien Autopsy Part two, so I was going to direct that, but yeah, of course, but it wasn't going to be more fake footage. It was going to be doing a reenactment of what happened with the military, and we were going to see the crash disc happen and everything blah blah blah, which later on or I don't know when it happened before after, but you've got Unsolved Mysteries which handled it really well.
Speaker 4: So we were basically going to do the.
Speaker 3: Same thing that ended up not happening, and then from that flash forward, I'm going out now and this is ninety six, ninety seven, and we're pitching the alien abduction in St. Lake County, and we go and we pitch it to Fox, and we're pitching it to the same guy, Mike Darnell, who agreed, yeah, okay to green light Alien Autopsy a few years before then. And he says to Paul and I, he says, this is a type of project that people lose careers over. And so we spilled coffee on his bear rug, Polar bear rug, and we left well done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was us that spilled the coffee, by the way.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so that's what I know about the alien Autopsy deal.
Speaker 1: Wow. Found footage, though, has made some better versions. Certainly Area fifty one is a found footage alien movie, but it's well done. It's actually rendered in all that. Do you have a favorite beside your own? Do you have a found footage alien film that you've enjoyed alien film? It's funny I alien found footage though, but in that Yeah.
Speaker 3: I recently did a zoom meeting with Eduardo Sanchez, who was one of the co creator of the Blair Witch project, and it was really funny because he thought that I was pissed off at him because he had seen my film and they did their own version, and I said, no, you can't copyright a style of filmmaking, a new narrative. I'm happy to be one of the first out of the gate to do it, but no, And so he was.
Speaker 4: He's a really nice guy. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple Canadian associates fans of my film. They were called the Vicious Brothers. They did a thing called Extraterrestrial. Yes and yeah, and in fact, one of the characters, I think the sheriff's name is McPherson, which was named after as an homage, which I thought was really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there have been good films. Extraterrestrial has not found footage though, is it.
Speaker 4: It's no, it isn't.
Speaker 3: But they did one that was Encounters. Theirs was called Encounters. Thank you for correcting. Yet they worked in that space a lot. They're big fans of the genre. But anyway, and then I was trying to get work directed on Alias and JJ Abrams partner had seen on my reel because I sent it into him to get work directing, and that had clips of alien abduction into Lake County. And then a year later strange coincidence, Cloverfield comes out. Cloverfield is about a bunch of people getting together and then there's a blackout and you know the rest, and so it was very similar. And then when I saw the movie Signs, I started getting a lot of people telling me he ripped you off because it is a single parent with three kids out in the country. And there's even a shot by shot breakdown where you see an alien sneaking into the floor. And my thing again, if m Night shall mount ding Dong, if he happen to see that, then that's great. That's a nod to everyone. I don't think any of this is I don't want to imagine. Ay, this is intentional, but it doesn't matter. I'm flattered at the best and worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: Well, we got a race for the exit here. But let me just ask you to speculate or to give us your thought on the essential situation here. As we've been doing sound, light and frequency, we're kind of asking a question, does the real thing that's happening, the phenomenon, find its way into Hollywood product or does Hollywood product influence people to describe their experiences through a lens that Hollywood has already given them. Do you see that's the whole chicken and egg thing that Brent was mentioning. Do you see that as an issue? Has it ever been an issue? Do you have an example of any of that or what is your take on that?
Speaker 3: My take is just I'll just cite you guys, Okay. I mean, you've been working in this for decades. What is it that brings it out in you? Science fiction is nothing but prophesizing what's to come?
Speaker 4: Good Lord, look at HG. Wells going a trip to the moon.
Speaker 3: He said there's gonna be a rocket and there's gonna be booster stages with it.
Speaker 1: How does he know that?
Speaker 4: And so that's just good.
Speaker 3: Sci fi writing. As a sci fi writer myself, I'm constantly thinking. At three am, usually the muse comes and does a swing by my on my ass and says, hey, what if?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 3: And that sends us down this rabbit hole because we want to have it grounded, we go ahead and we do our homework and everything. So it ends up being confused if it's good with something that could be. And so I think that it's constantly something that as filmmakers, it's playtime. It's stuff that we can get into this, and that's my answer to that. But there's other influencers, influences that aren't Sci Fi related in this space that are dangerous and this needs to be said.
Speaker 4: JD Vance came out and said, these are demons.
Speaker 3: Now. I've talked to lou Elizondo and he said, hey, when I was briefing these generals, there was a small portion of them that would come up and say, hey, you're doing God's work, and another percentage smaller would come up and.
Speaker 4: Say, you do know their demons?
Speaker 3: Right, with no evidence to support that, they just felt that. So when JD says something like that, my ears prick up because I'm going, all right, what's with A the labeling and b how do we get to demons? Timber Chet, Congressman timber Chet took exception with this, and he said, I'm okay with Jesus, but why does a demon need a machine to get around? And So when I was speaking a couple of weeks ago at this art show that was all by experiencers, all the art was done by experiencers, I'm talking about this and I'm saying, if these guys like Brent you said this earlier, if they want to take us out, they would have.
Speaker 4: Already taken us out, no problem.
Speaker 3: And so I'm saying this and a couple other things, and I'm also talking about how I almost feel bad, like it almost brings me to tears when I think about these beings.
Speaker 4: That don't have art. And I asked experiences.
Speaker 3: I said, when's the last time you've been on the table and you look over at these concaved walls and you've seen an alien mona, Lisa, are you seeing the alien Last Supper? Or even five alien dogs sitting around a table playing poker.
Speaker 4: It doesn't exist. They don't have that. They don't have music. I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: It's taken me out right now if we don't have art, if I can't go to a concert and experience that. And so it turns out that Whitley Streeber was in the audience, and I thought, Oh, what's his take going to be on this, because he sees both sides, and Greg Bishop, who invited him, gives him the microphone and I'm like, oh God, okay.
Speaker 4: Here it goes.
Speaker 3: And I take up my iPhone and I'm videotaping it, and Whitley says this, He says regarding them.
Speaker 4: Eating us demons, that's what a demon does at each you.
Speaker 3: It tears your part of all the drawings and stuff have that, And they're always black, and they've got chicken feet or something.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 3: If they wanted to eat us, we'd already been eight. So where's the evidence of this. Where's the villages that have been wiped out? They're not doing that, And so it's really I'm just going to use the s word silly.
Speaker 1: What about other people talk about there's people that have been picked up and mutilated? Do you buy any of that?
Speaker 4: I don't have any evidence.
Speaker 3: No one's come forward, The family hasn't said, hey, these are all stories hearsay. And so for me, again, give me the evidence and I'm on board. I'm an empirical, stupid thinking guy. Just make it simple for me.
Speaker 4: I've not seen that.
Speaker 3: And so what it does for the experience is because I'm going to be going to another experience of support group and I'm going to be addressing this very thing because I've been put in a position where I'm in a way representing a faction of the phenomenon here, and so i want to know exactly what the concerns are in my conversations over the phone and on zooms has been if they're associating these grays or any of these beings with demons, then by proxy or by being adjacent, what does that mean for us, these experiencers, because are they going to be in threat of this? And I note that Gary Nolan is working on coming up with a way of test to be able to identify someone who is an experiencer versus someone who isn't.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm projecting out to a nightmare of rounding up people. But it's a bigger conversation. But it's not good, it's not healthy, and it's propaganda. And these people and that's the reason why I made this duck. These people need empathy and understanding. And the best compliment that we've gotten on our film is they feel triggered.
Speaker 4: And at first I was concerned about that.
Speaker 3: I go, I don't want to trigger anyone, and they said no, it is so realistic, the portrayal and the way that it's done and left up to the audience.
Speaker 4: That was my experience. And the second thing.
Speaker 3: Is they feel heard, and I'm like, okay, and so Leslie Kane says, I'm working the space for the empathy of these people.
Speaker 4: The experiencers.
Speaker 3: Yes, So anyway, I feel like I'm being co opted, And if that's the reason, then so be it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to connect two more dots. Being true to myself here, just spent three dots, just one. No, I cannot do three, only two. So on this topic of experiencers having strange encounters with aliens, we've already talked about that there's different kinds out there. I think one of the fascinating things is that if you look at something that Ernie Klein said to us on our show. He talked about this idea that maybe writers are just remote viewing. They're seeing ideas unfold in the future. They're recording them. They're thinking it's their imagination, and they're put it down and lo and behold it becomes true. Right, you've all heard the story about the Star Trek communicator, right leading to someone came up with that idea. It goes into the media, and now it's inspiring scientists to go make it. So again, this is the whole chicken in the egg thing. But then the other aspect of this that I think is fascinating is a lot of people who've had encounters with UFOs, whether it was abductions or even just in the proximity of them, have reported what something that you talk about, Dean, in I believe alien perspective is downloads. That this is another when you say why are they here? Maybe they're doing things with us genetically, but they also seem to be, at least for some of us. You're getting a download, you're getting ideas. Some people are being blessed with huge upgrades in a new understanding of things that they had no idea about, whether it's math or science or languages or whatever. And by the way, this is a key component of just closure day, right, this idea of the downloads the upgrade of humanity. And so in that sense, maybe there is a very benevolent aspect to the visitations where maybe they are checking on us as a species, looking at our genetics in the same way that we do these this to animals right all over the planet without with almost always the intent of making sure that their species is okay, that it's going to survive. But at the same time they're also trying to lift us up. And certain people are that maybe are receptive to it. For whatever reason, are getting downloads, and if that's what's happening, then it's hard to see this as anything. The worst, it's neutral, right, but at the best, it's completely the opposite of demonic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, look, I don't agree that something like again, I'm going to call it a conspiracy that these beings, like there's tales of eating our soul and stuff.
Speaker 4: What does that even taste? Is it like chicken?
Speaker 3: Barbecue chicken? What tendory chicken? What kind of chicken we're talking about? It makes no sense. I'm my background, I used to do a lot of meditations, and I'm a.
Speaker 4: Very spiritual person.
Speaker 3: I do believe in reincarnation, as put forth in several great books, like Cornell professor doctor Brian Weiss, I believe that our souls are equal to any other sentient beings. It's not like on the other side wanted there's a hierarchy there. I believe that when we're here, because there is John Max is the dual alien identity, that some of the experiencers might have come from another planet or wherever these beans are coming from, and they've agreed to do this. Hence, when the experiencers say their first time early on, they say, have no right to do this, and these nhis say, yes, we do. And so I look at this and I go, Okay. I feel like there isn't something that is going to destroy us. I feel like ultimately everything came from somewhere, including the beans.
Speaker 4: The Vatican talks about.
Speaker 3: This, and so at the end of the day, I'm an optimist and at the end of the day love will always well out. And when I think of what's great about humanity, I don't think about all the bickering. I don't think about the greed, and I don't think about the insecurities that we have, which, by the way, if the Onanaki came and they've been genetically modifying us, can we breed that out? Because we can do that with dogs for centuries and be able to breed certain traits on can we breed those out? I feel like we are here to learn certain things. And so when people want full disclosure, I keep saying, we're not even a type one species yet, guys, and so we still have ways to go to meet halfway on the bridge, and so experiencers, and when I go to these conventions and conferences, I believe all these people can handle full on disclosure because they're already experiencing it. A lot of these are boots on the ground. It's just the rest of the planet, and it's the OLED's saying, we're only as strong as our weakest link. So there's some work that we have to do, but we're going to get there. That's the good news is we are going to get there.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much. It's always fun to talk to you, my friend, and I guess you and I'll be seeing each other at the lunch club. And the only question I have is if Friedman's in town, what do you think you think? And you can.
Speaker 8: Freeman's in town as ask you try to do the secret handshake, and if he fumbles it and it just doesn't seem natural, then that's a pass.
Speaker 1: Listen, Thanks so much, good luck, And let's state this. The name of the documentary that you can get now on Amazon and Apple is The Experiencers Full Disclosure.
Speaker 4: Full Monty Disclosure, Yes, and the other two.
Speaker 3: And if people want to see the McPherson tape, that's also on Amazon, but they can get the Blu ray version, which is even better, and it's and it's the prices is very reasonable you can get all the behind the scenes stuff which is just crazy. I've got commentaries, everything else. And then the other two documentaries, The Alien Perspective Part one and two, also on Amazon and Apple.
Speaker 1: All Right, thanks so much, we'll see you again. We'll see it at lunch Club. Bye bye, thank you, Thanks guys. Sound Light and Frequency is an iHeart podcast produced by Stellar Productions. It's executive produced by Nick Johnson and for Stellar Jackie's Abel. Our show's music was written by Anna Stumf and Hamilton Lighthouser. And your hosts and executive producers are Brice Abel, That's me and Brent Friedman. Watch the GUIs