Speaker 1: If you're in town next Tuesday, should come hang out at that one. Yeah, we're doing once a month at the store, and so we took a few months off, but got Kevin Neal and Stamos, Eric Andre and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, Uncle Jesse, Oh yeah, Uncle Jesse, Jesse. Oh yeah, I love me some Uncle Jesse.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: He was just ripping on drums. I saw.
Speaker 3: Cover.
Speaker 2: He's got a good like Elvis impression, Nation impersonation as well.
Speaker 1: I just want to smell his fingers. But I think that there is but that, And I'm definitely gon ask him that. I would ask him that as Adam, but as doctor Phil. I mean, who gives.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what do you what do you think his connection with Dan Becky is nowadays? Did she see the kids go to jail from your school?
Speaker 1: Probably? These are the things too that I don't want to bring up. But yeah, he I mean there he's he probably has her back. There's such a they got full house crew is such a tight knit fan like I still see pictures of them all hanging out, like I'm sure there's a.
Speaker 2: Part of r. Sag Anytime you ask any of the comics about Saget, they're all like we lost a good one.
Speaker 3: Like he was a good dude. People loved him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just he was nice to everybody. It's it's such an easier I mean, it's such an easy thing to Are we going by the way or do you want to know if you want to start? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: I can tell another second story, but I know if you want to capture or not.
Speaker 2: But no, we're good.
Speaker 1: That one's probably not good for an opener anyway, Here's how Sagat died. Dude, but the Seahawks, I think it was a touchdown. Man, speaking of shitty calls that weren't made, he should have called the hospital, just like the reps should have called a flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Welcome to Games with Names. I'm Julian Edelman.
Speaker 2: They're Jack and Kyler, and we're on a mission to find the greatest game of all time. And on today's episode, we are covering the fail Merry Game with comedian Seattle, super sports fan and the man that made Doctor Phil hilarious, Adam Ray, And we get into talking what it takes to do a great impression.
Speaker 3: Need some some tips.
Speaker 1: Bill boy, big fan that thanks buddy, Stop.
Speaker 2: Phil bringing back the SuperSonics. Where the they go?
Speaker 1: I got more into football once the Sonics left.
Speaker 2: And what it's like to play Doctor Phil.
Speaker 1: Getting into the makeup really helps to get lost in something. And then we play a little Jack asks Jack asks, I guess.
Speaker 2: In this week's Chill Zone presented by Corps Light. You gotta stick around to the very and let's go. Games with Names of production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: September twenty fourth, twenty twelve, Lumitfield, Seattle, Washington, with Zeros on the clock. Russell Wilson heaves a prayer from the Green Bay forty. The pass is incomplete.
Speaker 2: No wait, it's a touchdown.
Speaker 1: This is the film, Mary.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Games with Names.
Speaker 2: We have a special guest, Adam Ray in the Nuthell studio today to talk about the fail Marry game between the Packers and Seahawks. Yeah, week three of the twenty twelve season. Adam in one sentence, why this game?
Speaker 1: First of all, great to be here, first time caller, longtime listener. The set up is great. There's a trampoline in the back, there was a he has an in house Postmates guy that is just always on the ready to give out Brocoli to the shoe from Panera ubery Rida and you see the commercials. We'll edit that out. We'll get your boy. Was it again, Curtis, I'm Kyler, Kyler. We'll take the same thing. Feels like it feels like a Curtis where we're on January sixth. But there was there was a time where you know, the Seahawks packer rivalry was hotter than it is now. But I think this game really kind of took it up a notch. In one sentence, what happened that day?
Speaker 3: No, why you picked this game?
Speaker 1: Well, why I picked this game is I think this is uh, this game definitely is almost like a It's talked.
Speaker 3: About more than we think.
Speaker 1: I think as far as you know, you can attest this better than anybody. But the amount of you know, blown calls there have been historically, not just in the end of it, in every sport, right, But I don't I don't know if I put this on them being replacement refs as much as I put this on fuck all right. In one sense, I picked this game because I didn't want to talk about my parents' divorce, and this was the second saddest thing I could think of because I feel like, and you know, I don't want to say as a Hawks fan that they they got it wrong, but I mean I definitely was with my buddies watching this because this was early you know, this was the start of Russell Wilson's campaign. This was like, this was Matt Flynn was the guy oops a daisy hold that thought, Matt, go fuck yourself. We got this. You know, the thirtieth round pick, who you know is is girls a little she doesn't have all the updates on her hard drive. She some of the players might try to fuck her. Maybe they will fuck her.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Pete Carroll's gonna choose gum all the way till the end. They're gonna bond over Jesus and you know, chocolates and whatever. Everything was hunky dory, and uh, I think this. I picked this game because I think this was the the momentum swing that this was for the Seahawks for the rest of the season was huge. It was an ESPN game, Correct me if.
Speaker 3: I'm wrong, Yea.
Speaker 2: And it was Gruden.
Speaker 1: Again, I think it was Gruden calling it probably being like I mean this definitely, I mean, I can't do it Gruden, But let's do if Jason Sathan was doing it.
Speaker 2: Oh this is a shitty fucking cool.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, there's fucking cucka for Coca puffs right there. Who knows where Russell's. Can we do a be a vh ones where they now? Crazy fucking women? She look at I mean.
Speaker 3: That I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it that I've been excited? I didn't look like I was going to eat my significant other. But she's got Tony Robbins gums. But she's also got like there is an excitement. You're right, they but it's also like she saw to me. I see that she sees like, oh, I'm set for life. And then she's like, oh, Golden Tate, what is your dick smell like? And so allegedly, allegedly, let's we'll be right back, We'll keep right here.
Speaker 3: But but Jules.
Speaker 1: This game was the kickstart. Was a kickstarter. I think for what the uh the run that the Seahawks had from twenty twelve, I guess you can say twenty fourteen, right, yeah, but I remember being like, I can't believe they got it wrong. And then I think, as every fan does, you convince yourself. They're like, no, no, actually they got it right. And when people would ask me and I think this was the right move on my part as a fan, people are like they blew it. And then after a while you're like, I definitely admitted to yeah, that was a wild call. And then I think I got real defensive about it and was like, nah.
Speaker 2: Dude, they nail it.
Speaker 1: Dude, bring these replacement refs need to come back to they are they are the guys they are dialed in. And I mean this shot even just of you know, I mean it was perfect perfectly timed too. I mean eighty four was like looked up and I think he saw this guy going up and so he was like, yeah, maybe he thought he was going to go like this and then to the side.
Speaker 3: But they are.
Speaker 1: Probably still talking about this over over Facebook Messenger or something. Maybe they live together now and they're just they honestly just start a reality show or a podcast called bad Calls and just go over all the calls that have come through after this one. But they're literally like retired, They're done. No, they're literally.
Speaker 2: Like retired, like cops and firefighters that like got the call to go up to the bigs as the replacement refs.
Speaker 1: That's how the replacement refs worked. They really did deep.
Speaker 2: They go for like the high school I think they were a high school college guy guy who got fired from the was it the lingerie.
Speaker 3: That he was?
Speaker 4: He was firing from the lingerie football liar from the incompetency and they said he was trying to do too many jersey swaps after the game.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that guy. Actually he was like he's like, dude, I have four games in me Max, Like I want to get as many siggi's as I can. I've got a stepsone who doesn't talk to me. He calls me Dustin, Like, you know, like this is this is not where I want to be. Things to not go according to playing, So let me just like, you know, get as much out of this as I can. It's almost like, I mean, so these reps were the equivalent of like, let's say the porn industry went on strike and you got a bunch of pervs in the Midwest that are on OnlyFans, and all of a sudden, the porn industry is like doing a mass casting call and they're like, we need Dix and these guys are just like they're just constantly going to the pen? Is that what these guys were?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? That is probably I just thought about this the south Park specialty they just did on that. Oh yeah, with Randy doing the fucking only fans so good. No, now, is this the greatest game of all time? No?
Speaker 3: Well, for for my yeah, all time?
Speaker 2: Where this is the mission of this show is to find the greatest game of all time? Is this the greatest game of all time?
Speaker 3: Uh? We ask every.
Speaker 2: Person, Well, let me know, it was an acceptable answer.
Speaker 3: That's a heavy answer.
Speaker 1: Well, it was an acceptable answer. Do you just want a yes or no answer? Do you want me to actually like try to Let's discuss it. Let's discuss it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What if I just said no and you're like, all right, that's Adam Ray on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Thanks for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, short and sweet. It was a great game. I'm not a fan of low scoring games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: So the fact that this was I think twelve seven before this, Uh, this last play was not exciting. I want a thirty twenty six or you know, thirty seven thirty five, like you know, I mean everybody does you know?
Speaker 3: I went to the Dodgers game last night.
Speaker 1: I was fifteen to two, and it was like almost exhausting, you know, getting up every other at bat, but it was like it was really exciting. Like there was forty six thousand people there. They were going bananas every every every hit. But uh, you know, this was leading to boom defense. So we were pretty dialed in. Greatest game ever. I mean, if you you know, the NFC Championship before we uh you know, ate shit against you guys was pretty pretty good. Again, you want a game for me, I go greatest game like the I want the emotions. This is the way that place, this is now, and this game had it. You know, I would put this in a top seahawk game for sure. I don't know if I go top five, but i'd probably go top ten.
Speaker 2: Well, it's definitely a memorable game that you know, I was playing this game. I remember this this season and we were playing in Baltimore. I think this week or the next, not the next, because they solved it after this game. Then it was this week instant right away later Thursday game after they had real reps.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, because this got I mean, this was a huge this is a huge story.
Speaker 3: Everybody was going.
Speaker 2: We were watching this and you know, we were watching it as a team together, Like all right, guys, we don't know how can assistant. The calls are gonna be get We see this clear here, Let's not let our emotions get to us.
Speaker 3: Like that's what Bill would say. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I got like an O P I call from some dude fucking stupid. I remember this whole fake rep thing. But let's talk about you and and what you do these days? Yeah? You uh, you just went to a Dodgers game. I mean, what a life? What a life?
Speaker 3: Are we gonna keep this part in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Katie, what's eric over here? Table for one? You had breakfast this morning? Congrats? Did you chew it yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Man, went to the Dodgers game. Family was in town.
Speaker 1: First of all. You know, I was gonna segue to like, what's life like these days? But clearly I meant, I mean it was cool. We might feel everywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean I went and saw the show part of the baby. I've shows everywhere.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to know what I appreciate it, and you killed it, dude, never change. I have a bomb ass some how would you sign a year book? By the way, that's how I would sign a yearbook.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the logic. That's a great question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or did you did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yearbooks?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah, just said that. I don't remember you just.
Speaker 3: Sign your name and like a heart or did you like do you ever do like it?
Speaker 1: Some long you know, like I mean, and and the rest of the crew can can speak to this, but like, you know, some people, they you know, girls more so than guys, would be like, here's my yearbook, you can take it during math, and you know, because they just assumed like you probably want to write like nine pages with the stuff, and you're like, totally. We have so many memories, most of which involved me trying to get with you, but and you didn't want to. But so I guess I'll just right thanks but no thanks or thanks for I appreciate.
Speaker 3: I hope you were happy with whoever is not me.
Speaker 1: But I would always write have a bomb as summer, and I think at first I did it and I really meant it, which is sad. I mean, it's cool, but that's probably you know. But but then I I realized that I need to write something cooler. So it was like you know, never change or like stay white. I don't know, right, that's my black friend. I don't know, you know, just trying to just trying to keep it interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that stuff.
Speaker 2: I like to have a nice life, have a nice life. Life.
Speaker 3: That's definitely definitive though.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's like when you found out in my space when they went up to the top forty and you warn in your friend's top forty, You're.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm dead to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have Barack Obama in their top forty and I've known them for tequila teeth tequila. Alright, p oh my god, alright, pee wow, that's worth a quick goog. But I think she's dead.
Speaker 2: What about Tom? I just saw something that he's like, he's a photographer. Tom died due still kicking.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Tom's got up yeah forty three, no way, still kicking. Awesome?
Speaker 3: What about Tom? Is Tom dead?
Speaker 2: Tom from MySpace is probably killing it. He I think he made like the government has insane like vacations and photographers.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be awesome if Tom was Zuckerberg, it would be like a fingle is ironhorn thing from ace.
Speaker 3: Ventura is einhorn.
Speaker 2: Throwing up?
Speaker 1: Well, dude, can you consider Ace Manter a football movie?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay Marino the first one, yeah, the second one. We know where do you get this gum ace? That's a New York damn business. Dan, And I appreciate you Stan out of my personal affairs, dude. Oh unreal is oh uh? I got to a real quick just a little bit more Hawk talk. I got to roast the Seahawks. I roasted the Steelers before my weekend of the Pittsburgh improv last summer. John Schneider, the gym of the Hawks, his buddy mine and he saw I posted a video of it, which, by the way, Tom and immediately was like take that shit down, and uh, because I guess they didn't want it to be out there. I roasted the guy's pretty good. Russ was there at the time, and he was up front. I thought it was going to be just the rookies, like during the Rookie Talent Show is what it was, rookie camp, rookie camp. So they were like, come roast the rookies before uh, you know the way they get. Yeah, and it was the whole team, like coaches, everybody, Russ and fields are up front. I had a roast joke. So I get up there. I was like, first, why you know I did?
Speaker 3: Russ?
Speaker 1: I know you're gonna be here, but man, I'm a Seattle guy. Thanks for the memories, and I'm just so glad that you're getting a fresh start here in Pittsburgh. You know, they did you dirty in Denver. Man, they fucking they did it dirty. I haven't seen someone get fucked that hard on tape since unless it was being filmed at Diddy's house. And this is like shortly after all that was popping, and that was my first joke and it got like split moans.
Speaker 3: Definitely got more laughs.
Speaker 1: Here than it did there, But it was like people were like not sure how to feel. Russ definitely like did a turnaround of like whoa like? And then he kind of was like and then I got up when I gave him a dad when I was like, go Hawks, and then and then I kind of like.
Speaker 2: Probably didn't know how to react in front of him. Exactly that's exactly they wanted to die. Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: They probably had a talk and then I started pointing to him after jokes, I'd be like, Russ laughed at that one. Everyone's cool, you know. But so then I got to do it for the Hawks and it was you know, and Tyler Lockett. We still I mean, it's crazy locked DK. I went down the line and just ripped everybody, and and DK even at one point was I was like, I'm gonna go down to the players and I was like, where's DK Metcalf And I was like, oh, you know, and then they're like, it's his birthday. I was like, O DK, happy birthday. Hey, what do you want for your birthday? He's like, no more jokes out of your fucking ass, And everybody was like, oh shit. And then I just took a beat and I was like, all right, we'll strapping, motherfucker because I got twenty locked and loaded and everybody's like, oh shit.
Speaker 3: And then I just hit him for a bit.
Speaker 1: I think one of the ones I did for Tyler Lockett was I go, Tyler, you know, you look so young.
Speaker 3: You look like a grown ass, you know, twelve year old.
Speaker 1: You look like if your player intro before the game, that it should be like, you know, Tyler Lockett wide receiver Epstein Island, you know, And and that crushed everybody that that was like my good. And then I hit Jake Bobo a lot, you know, our.
Speaker 3: One of our receivers.
Speaker 1: I think it's maybe this third year now, and I said something about Jake Bobo being like a hitting jam and I go, man, they're sure doing a good job of fucking hiding you. Man, don't think you've got one catches here. And then I had a couple more hits off Jake Bobo and how he looks like a deer we're hit with a tranquilizer gun when he runs. And then and then I made another hit on Bobo and I was like, sorry, Jake, for you to catch astray. I just want you to catch something this season. And he came up with me after and was like, you know, that's U up or whatever, but but I don't know, it's so it's so cool. Things like that made me even way more comfortable to like, you know, fuck with you on the film show and even just have a healthy understanding of.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, dude, athletes are people too. Man.
Speaker 1: Too many fans and myself included, would see like the SP's and see them cut you know, when Norm McDonald's up there doing jokes and and you know, and RP famously and you know, that's the one where I think of, mostly because I think it's gotten a little cleaner since then, where they cut to an athlete, even my boy Kang Griovey junior, Like I remember them cutting to him and him just being like not wanting any like. I think it was from a Norm McDonald joke and just not at all showing any sign of like that was funny and I was just like, Oh, I guess athletes can't they take themselves too seriously? Yah, it depends case. It's case, And it's gotten way better because you're all just allowed and available to be out there more so. I think we get to know it.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's more intertwined now with social media and and and guys are guys are allowed to show their emotion a little more now? Yeah, you know what I mean, It's it's different. I think there's a better understand I think.
Speaker 1: They could be great if you just start crying right there?
Speaker 3: Can you cry on Q?
Speaker 1: How about this last movie you cried at?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Last movie?
Speaker 2: I think Ghost.
Speaker 1: Wow, Ghost Ghost Dad or Ghost.
Speaker 2: Ghost was fucking Patrick swayzey But great call.
Speaker 1: But have you seen Ghost Dad with Cosby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's sad too. It is sad.
Speaker 1: It's sad because you're like, man, those poor women have ideas. He's like, yeah, let's creepy. You if I'm a ghost when the drug you uh, it's not right.
Speaker 2: But if I'm a ghost, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, what is that actual dialogue from the movie Ghost but no ghost with sorry? Ghost with Swayzy unreal, dude, I love a Swayzy movie. Swayzey was unbelievable, which, by the way, my wife just showed me dirty dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was maybe in a corner, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yo, great line. But all so, he was like thirty seven, She's like eighty right. It's like there's a pretty significant age gap were they was.
Speaker 2: He looked like a good thirty seven. It's all about like abortion too, Yeah, it's about I don't know, Kyle dude, What the fun do Kyle.
Speaker 1: Guy? Guys just sitting on an abortion comp.
Speaker 5: I don't want to throw up the conversation, but any interest in looking at MySpace Tom's instag.
Speaker 2: This is instagra?
Speaker 1: Wait, this is his now?
Speaker 2: I told you he just takes cool pictures.
Speaker 3: He's like, Dan, Bill's aarian. What if Tom money though?
Speaker 1: With money? No, Dan's got some cash, but it's all it's probably daddy's money.
Speaker 2: This is all AI.
Speaker 3: I saw Dan at the comedy show.
Speaker 2: He's all real, bro. I watched it behind the scene thing on it.
Speaker 1: Wait amazing if Tom's picture, Oh my god, aiing this actually would make make me be a huge fan of Tom. This is definitely that's probably a real picture. I think real. But he's posted all AI pictures of like him, Let's say, like with like wings in ky and he was like spreading my wings on vak. But but then people will be like fake and and then he'd like but he acted like it was real, like but he posted like a lot of these are fake. I'm telling you you're all real.
Speaker 2: This he's playing games with digital photography here.
Speaker 1: Oh so he's putting just massive filters on them. Yeah yeah, like traveling the world now good for time?
Speaker 2: Like that would be a crazy life though. He basically got this whole thing kicked off. Did you I had a MySpace? Did the NFL?
Speaker 3: How were they treating it at that time? Well?
Speaker 2: I wasn't you know you were in the league yet?
Speaker 1: I was when I got to the Facebook, baby, I was a MySpace baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like high school and then you had to get the you had to have an EEDU to get to Facebook. I was during that transition and I lived in the Bay Area, so I was right there. Whoa, And so you know, when I got to the league, I think I was like the first or first of like three dudes on Instagram in the locker room.
Speaker 1: What were you posting?
Speaker 2: Like pictures that like fucking hotel or something.
Speaker 3: Nobody knew what the post. Yeah, food, yeah, and like it was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy and now it was so like to look back on it, I remember all the veterans, they all look at it. The younger dudes those times like get off your fucking phone, kid, you know what I mean. It was you're always on your phone. And now you look into a locker room the first thing every dude does when they get out of meeting, or they go right to their locker, right to their phone, and no one's like congregating to each other.
Speaker 3: One's on their phone. You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's just crazy how times have changed.
Speaker 1: Does that affect the camaraderie or is that just you you find other ways to I think.
Speaker 2: The camaraderie has changed, according to like, because they guys could be communicating, but they're communicating right next to each other through their phone on a group chat probably or like a fucking Instagram share list, you know what I mean, or like they're they're they're sharing stuff.
Speaker 3: It's just different. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: When I met Gronk get the roast a Big Poppy, you weren't there.
Speaker 2: That wasn't I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, this was Did you hear about that though? No?
Speaker 3: So this was I dressed up.
Speaker 1: If you look up, actually at ray Roast a Big Poppy some pictures my pop up. I dressed up in full makeup as this like eighty year old comedian from New York. Uh and like diehard Yankees fan. It was big poppy though, was being roasted. Yeah, there's uh right there. Pedroia was there, Gronk O pleashow. Oh yeah, dude, I go, I go one of the juts. I go.
Speaker 3: Dustin Badroy is here.
Speaker 1: Dustin you know, obviously played second base, but his most natural position is dancing next to a pot of gold at the.
Speaker 3: End of a rainbow.
Speaker 1: You short funck, Yeah, dude, bottle women's.
Speaker 2: Queets after yoga once with that hat man.
Speaker 1: You wear that hat every day and you remind me of an autistic kid I knew who came around a bag of lucky charms.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, we found out the.
Speaker 3: Kid wasn't autistic. It was just Dustin Padroyan. Yeah that's not joh, fuck you.
Speaker 1: The everest t score of a Boston fans to work a telly that day. Anthony Mackie's here get up for Andony mckiet so was Anthony Mackie, Burr, Josh Wolf, sar Tiana, and Poppy was was litted. He was he got, he got slippery. But but anyway, so I met Gronk and uh, that Bright before he goes out was like talking to me as a foson old man. And then at some point I just go because I was just trying to be in character because before we went and did that, we ran our jokes. The night before this comedy club called Laugh Boston. It was me, Bill bur Josh Wolf of Anthony Mackie, and Burr's like, so you canna dress up like Babe Ruth and some shit. I was like, just watch Bill, it's gonna be great. Next day, we're in the lobby getting ready to walk over the House of Blues next to fanway and uh, and Bill's in the lobby. I was like, oh, it's perfect. I gotta go test this out. So I walk up. I go hey, big Bill, Billboard a big fan. He goes, oh, thanks, buddy, and then turns away. I was like, oh, she doesn't know it's me. So then I go, hey, I just started watching your car too in epics for Families.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh thanks. I go, yeah, there's no Simpsons, I'll tell you that much. And he goes, what's that? But I go yeah, I got a few notes for you. You got a few minutes. And he goes, Buddy, fuck off and like in my face, and I go Bill, it's at him, and he goes what I goes at him? He goes holy fucking shit, dude, and he just couldn't take his eyes off me the rest of the night.
Speaker 4: Bid.
Speaker 1: And so then I went up to Gronk and the same thing, was like like, oh, Gronk, big fan and big fan. I go, yeay, if you're not doing anything, I maybe we got double team of Hooters waitress and Gunk was like yeah, ring tech man And then I was like, cro my name's Adam Ray. I'm like thirty five, and he was like, oh shit, you know. And then he comes out. He's like, hey, dude, can I run some jokes by you? And he had this joke did want to run buy me about titty fucking Josh Wolf's wife after shitting on her chat? Can you curse on the show? Yeah, he's too late to ask. All right, no, and uh this is just all bleeved and uh but so I was like, and I started, he says, he goes, so okay, So so I'm too fucking Josh Wolf's wife and then but I know sure and then too fucker, and I go, what's the joke and he goes, well, that's why I need help with I go, you know what, dude, just say that forbade him and you'll be golden. And he was like, it's funny, right, I go, it's something. And then he went out there and I honestly did not. He opened with it and it fucking bombed, but then also got laughs. But then he saved it by being just charismatic swagger fil gronk and he does his fucking He just goes, fuck you, guys.
Speaker 3: I thought that was.
Speaker 1: Funny, and everybody starts laughing dude and immediately won the room over. You know what I'm saying, h authenticity will always do that one thousand percent. But the reason I bring all that up, sorry A long way to get to is he I asked him at one point. You know, I always like trying to selfishly get a couple of real football fan questions in, and I'm like, hey, are you I think I asked like something about the season, and then and then that kind of parlayed to like, are you guys all buds or are you just like buds with only the people in your you know, defense and an offensive line obviously in QB. But like he goes, everyone's cool with each other, he goes, but it definitely is more compartmentalized than you would think. Yeah, he goes, It's not like a basketball team or even a baseball team, like we're everyone's kind of with their groups and you come together on Sundays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean true.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Especially that kind of was eye opening because I was like, oh, he's like, yeah, me and like offense and Tom like we're you know, we spend more time together. But he's like, and then yeah, there's obviously players on defense that maybe you become homies with that you kick it with outside, but but you're really hanging with the people that you're mostly jamming with, right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's all time distribution, and your majority of your time is with the offensive guys because you'll have when you get into work, here's a forty five minute team meeting usually at least where we were at with the whole team, and then you break up into offense and defense. You have like another thirty to forty five minute like just offense defense being addressed by the coordinators, and then after that you get divided into your position group and then you install and go over techniques. So the majority of the time you're with like you your position group and your offense or your side of the ball. So that's usually how it goes. There is times where you cross over and you'll see the fun of the whole thing is when you see the defensive guys in like the hallway or you'll walk by their room and you get out of meetings early and it's like class, you're like fucking with them all there. You know, it's there's a lot of camaradie with that. But so you're a comic.
Speaker 1: My comick been doing sit dude, how long you've been doing it? As long as you've been doing transitions? No, I've been doing it eighteen years baby, six months, six months? Yeah, No, Uh, you're your question is a good one. Eighteen years stand up start in two thousand and seven, left Seattle two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: That's what I wanted to get into. What's it like growing up in the Pacific northst.
Speaker 1: Fucking story jewels and I'm tay, I jug it, dude, growing up in the Pacific Northwest world. I mean you've been to Seattle? I mean probably do you do you? Uh? And then I'll get back to one from when you would visit a city on the road, you probably the same way a comic visits it. Like obviously, I'm going to Toronto this weekend, so i'll have you know, it's a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, so I'll have a few days.
Speaker 3: Right to explore a little bit.
Speaker 1: But you guys, usually what like for a Sunday game going Friday, sometimes Saturday.
Speaker 2: So if it's a West Coast game coming from the East Coast, we'll go there on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you have maybe then one night, but not really because you got per curfew, so you're not really seeing the city other than the stadium.
Speaker 2: So I actually got to see the city of Seattle because we played them during COVID and that was when the city was shut down.
Speaker 6: You remember, remember it gets your vaccine by the way, still got them. You don't have to get you out some during Aura or or or Fisher. You can get go to Costco and get the Crooking brand. It's pretty those replacement rushed back said, So we played them in twenty twenty. Yeah, and it was completely closed out. But I had to I was injured and I was playing through it.
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventy nine yards. Baby no, but I still, oh way, I had to Me and my trainer, this Australian dude, we had to go. We went on a walk to keep my leg warm because it was a weird situation where we traveled on a different day and the plane and the long knit so I actually walked. How beautiful and it's got to see how beautiful love that Seattle was. It reminded me a lot of Vancouver, totally like the same cities.
Speaker 1: They're anonymously beautiful. Yes, people compare it to San Francisco. A decent amounts because I guess the hills and peaks and valleys and weather being you know, nice in pockets, but uh, it rules. I mean I left in O One, went to you know, LA for for acting school at USC. Was there during the Pete Carroll Trojan War years was I mean, you're talking about a college football team that was.
Speaker 2: Damp and.
Speaker 1: Then man and you know you just were you there every time every day Saturday bananas, Dude, the tailgates were wild. I was in a apie the jew frat, and we you know, we would walk over. I lived in the house my sophomore junior or sophomore senior, or studied abroad my junior and but dude, it was from Liner to Lindall White, to Dwayne Jarrett to Mike Williams uh to you know, uh, Reggie Bush. Obviously, Reggie Bush was parable to growing up with King Grifree junr. To where it was like every time you went to the stadium, ballpark, whatever, you're like, oh, I'm about to see probably a potential uh once in a lifetime play. Yeah, and the games were awesome. We were just so dominant that it was really fun. I mean, you know what that's like where people just show up and you just expect to beat the fuck out everything. Yeah, and being in LA ruled close to home.
Speaker 3: Growing up in Seattle though, was awesome.
Speaker 1: And uh, I mean I got more into football, I'd say once the Sonics left.
Speaker 2: And what year is that?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, that's crazy?
Speaker 2: Wow, what's your hierarchy of So were the Sonics one the hierarchy of Seattle sports?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 1: Sales sports was probably uh, definitely Soups Sonics, the Mariners. I like, I'd like the Seahawks. I mean, I definitely you know, I didn't have a Rick Meyer jersey, but I Chris Warren I thought was the ship. When Homegrown came in. That really was was fun. That was fun, and it like Sean Alexander bro I mean then he went on the marriage cover and got into largent. You can't godfather. Uh yeah, a lot of good players. Joey Galloway was a stud for a bit. Yeah, played with them, well for real, Yeah, he played with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we traded for him. He was still ripping at that point, right.
Speaker 2: Dude, he was like thirty five. He could still run cool, he was he was he was remembered. There was always the talks about like he ran like a four to one yeah, like, but it was never shown or anything. He was like lightning yeah cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was fast as ship he he uh was a guy that we like hung our hand.
Speaker 2: On for a while. Yeah. And then Sean camp fucking duncan everyone, bro I.
Speaker 1: Just went to Seattle and did this will be up on my YouTube in probably three weeks, but yeah, I got to uh play in these Seahawks charity basketball games, a climate Pledge on New Arena and Cliff Avrol, Mike Bennett, Doug Baldwin started this organization called Champions of Change, And so I played in the first game, and coaches of my team where Sean Kevin, Gary Payton coaches the other team were super Bird and Marshall Lynch, and you know, Richard Sherman's playing, and Jamal Crawford, Isaiah Thomas, I mean, and then fucking you know quick Fat over here and and it was insane and I mean, like so fun. So then I got to befriend Kemp and Peyton. They've come to a bunch of my shows. Kemp did The Doctor Phil Live in Seattle, and so I got in there ear enough to be like, guys, we should do a live podcast. I've watched you guys do enough separately and together for like you know, Midday just you know NBA. They did an NBA TV interview that was cool, but like getting to know them, I'm like, oh, you guys are loose. You guys are cool as you tell stories to me. Sean Kemp after the Doctor Phil Live, we walked around. We went to his kept cannabis store and then sparked a couple of blunts and walked around downtown Seattle and he just asked me comedy questions and then told NBA stories and it was like one of the greatest days of my life.
Speaker 2: That's a fun night. Oh it's awesome walking Seattle with Kemp.
Speaker 1: Bro. This is like two in the afternoon, so like the nighttime. I was asleep by six, but like it was I was fucking hey, I've been there, and so we were just like we were we were down for the count. But but so I got them to do a show on four to twenty in Seattle. We did it last week and it was about about an eighty minute chat and it was like, awesome, dude, I mean we hit a bunch of Seattle basketball shit about you know them, you know, going to Nirvana concerts and and you know, playing in like, you know, park games on the weekends to get more minutes against you know, just sad white dudes and and talking about you know, Della strut just it was awesome and talking about their their their alley oop days and but then also about the NBA now and like Brownie Lebron and just all that shit. But but also a looser chat, you know, like they we were smoking and drinking. Yeah, they you know, I see that.
Speaker 3: Like I've just been so cool.
Speaker 2: I've been doing a few of your things, and you do have a lot of crossover with athletes. Now, when did you find like, were you the funny kid when you were a kid in Seattle? Like were you when did you know you wanted to be a comic or did you go into acting school wanted to become a dramatic actor? Yes, And then fucking you're like, maybe I like funny because it's money, totally.
Speaker 3: I mean I did all the plays in high school.
Speaker 1: I quit football my sophomoreyear high school to play Danny Zuko and Greece And that's when I think, you know, I was. I started offensive line, defensive line. I was a soccer Danny. Was that you were?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Grease landing baby Kogeese line.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: Man, I watched the real Grease movie like probably a thousand times just to get that, just to get that shit.
Speaker 3: And it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I had more balls, I probably could have just cleaned up with like some senior girls because they, I mean doing the plays were a big deal in our high school and I would go all the time as a kid. We would take field trips to see the plays, so it was such a big deal and it was always something like, oh, fun to do. And then I started getting into it and I was like, oh, this is really fun. Maybe this is what I want to do in college. Post school. And I'm playing football and the coach made me sophomore captain, doing all the summer weightlifting, and it just all the camps, getting pretty big as big as you can for a six to one jew and and and then an offensive lineman who was a senior got injured, so he's like, you're going to start and varsity this year. So there's a sophomore and then I'm just going through the summer, and the guy who was directing the plays called me and was like, I'm not supposed to do this, but like going to do Grease, I just want to make sure you're auditioning because I think you'd be a great Danny. The only other guy that I think. And there wasn't like a ton of people doing the plays. There's probably fifty people who were auditioned for everything, and there'd be about twenty to twenty five kids. But the only other guy that was auditioning to be Danny Zuko was his Korean guy named Danny Park. And the director was like, I'm not trying to play favorites, but you've got a pretty good shot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Danny is a gay Korean who you know doesn't have the Zuko swagger. And I'm like, all right. So I'm talking to my mom, my single mom, and she's like, you gotta do what makes you happy. Do you want to play football? Is like, if I play football, I think i'd be doing it to please a coach and not do what I want to do. And she goes, well, there you go. Don't live your life to please other people.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: You gotta do what you want to do, especially right now, this is going to be you know, a turning point maybe.
Speaker 3: And also I was like, I'm not gonna go pro.
Speaker 1: You just know at a certain point right like you probably at what point did you go I'm probably gonna go pro?
Speaker 2: Until I got there for real, I was always focused on what was on my plate at that time. I had to overcome a lot of shit.
Speaker 1: Could answer, that's bullshit, it's bullshit.
Speaker 2: You didn't have a fucking fun moment. Highchoo. What you're like, dude, no, because there's always the guy that was supposed to be better. Like I was always like.
Speaker 3: Trying to prove that I belonged. Okay, it was weak.
Speaker 1: I don't know it, but it got me why it worked out?
Speaker 3: Though you always had a chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 1: Always would you almost say to young athletes like, that is the that's the move. Obviously everyone's path is different, but if you were to give advice, you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, I think the move is focus and keeping the main thing the main thing. If you can focus, because if you really focus on trying to improve your game, and that means like doing everything in your possibility, finding out from a coach, finding out from a former player, finding out from a peer what do you have to do to work or to get better and work hard at that and that's how improvement comes.
Speaker 3: But you have to be focused to do it.
Speaker 2: Like everyone knows what to do to get to where they want to do right, but they don't. They don't always do it, you know what I mean. Yeah, No, if you have a big performance tomorrow night, you can't go to the fucking party till five am, drink beers and go, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So that choices that lead up to moments.
Speaker 2: So ultimately it comes down to focus. Yep, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a kind of a simple answer, but it really is the move it is. Yeah, like sacrifice that that's because of focus.
Speaker 2: You're focusing on what you really want.
Speaker 1: Sacrifice is also a big part of it. Have you ever taught a you'd be a great pee teacher? By the way, and like a single in a single cam comedy, I'm just realizing you remind me of my high school pee teacher named mister Supplin, who definitely hooked up with a couple of the kids. Not saying you did, but I'm saying that, like you have. He was cool as funck Jueles and you've got like a real He was likable and we all want to be buds with him and party with him. Yeah, you're actually cooler than he was. You're also in way better shape. He like, but he he had that like it's probably forty six.
Speaker 2: Kind of the veteran type guy. He's a good veteran bro.
Speaker 1: He just had a way of like, it'll like smirk to and he definitely was drunk a few days. I remember him being like coming in and being like.
Speaker 7: So today we're talking about but I actually, what do you what do you guys want to talk about? Let's let's uh, let's up, let's up, let's open it up to let's open it up?
Speaker 1: Did they didn't? Would I do this again?
Speaker 3: How? What did I do?
Speaker 1: What I did? What didn't? What didn't I do?
Speaker 2: He was how many times you do that in the fucking boys locker room?
Speaker 3: And him almost coming and watch you do it?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: I in person a handful of times. I personally are a basketball coach a lot and got in trouble a few times. Uh, But that's actually I always started doing I would impersonate friends and teachers when I was in elemental comedy probably yeah, making I think it was seeing. It just came kind of easy to like make buddies laugh. And uh and I've said this before, but you know, being a big kid, I'd get teased a lot. And then all of a sudden I started to make people laugh. And I was not the fact kid. I was the funny kid. So then it was like, oh, well, this is a win win. I'm feeling good because I'm making people laugh and they're not teasing me anymore. So I'm gonna keep chasing that. And that's for so shout out to Kellogg's pop Tarts because without double fisting, you guys, I would have had tits by the fourth grade or a comedy career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that where you but like I'm I'm I'm really interested. Is that what you do as a comic? You pull from like coaches?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And that's and then is that what you do?
Speaker 1: It was the funny kid, but I was, I mean, I was locked into sports too. If I was if I was like six four, even six three, dude, I would have tried to play it a small D three maybe D two for basketball.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love I mean I was all in, dude, baseball, I was playing too, and then I had to quit because I was already doing the play and I was able to do freshman football and the play. But the baseball coach was like, not, dude, it's one of the other. And so that was a rap on baseball. But baseball was always the most stress for me because it was just a little more anxiet. You're written, it's just you up there. You know, it's pitching in third base whatever. But basketball and football just were so just do the team sport. I mean, fuck, dude, I got buddies who are comics that never played sports, and uh and don't like them. And I'm like, I feel bad for you, dude, even if you liked them, even just so you could feel like the camaraderie. Yeah, dude, being in a locker room is such a special, unique thing, like for better or for worse.
Speaker 3: But you you it's it's a direct Uh.
Speaker 1: It's why sports and life are so intertwined for so many you know coaches or or you know the way people talk, you know life coaches, which, by the way, I have a friend from college who is now a life coach. God bless her. You know, life coach already kind of like a you know, I'm a life coach now, you're like you were in rehab six months ago. But I get it, you know, like, oh, really, you're gonna tell me how I should better myself. You still, I don't know if you've thrown all of your crack away. So but but shout out, I'm not I almost said her name. But but but she's doing it. She's got crystals, and she's fucking she's got she's got a good guy. Now, Crystal, we'll be right back. We'll keep her right here. But uh, but yeah, dude, Seattle is a great place to live. What was the question.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm just talking.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, the the just the locker room vibe too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, well I was going to jump into something. It's also in high school. Yeah, the locker room, especially with the age group of guys you're young, growing young men. Yes, and it's like a time where you get to have alone time around guys that are like you with a lot of testosterone. Guys are hitting puberty. Everyone's making jokes, everyone's trying to get girls or guys whatever you're into.
Speaker 1: That's going around, you know what I mean, and you're getting like other just perspectives, and and you're getting to see like what you like and don't like in friends like your because there's older guys that maybe you want to be buds with. Yeah, and then they commence you to like steal some beer and then you're like, fucking, I was cool maybe and then and then they but they don't let you the fall. If you get college, you're like, oh, that's cool. You can be you can be living on the edge but not be a dick about it. And you've got younger guys that are you know, that are yeah, I don't know, it really is. You get you span the gamut as far as like all walks of life. I mean, you know people are coming in. I mean yeah, there's there's rich kids, there's poor kids just down the middle, and it's and you know, you get a poor kid who's incredible, and then you get a rich kid who sucks and you're like, but thinks he's a ship.
Speaker 2: I mean you really, But the locker room is a group of men that all have a common goal and that's usually to win.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't matter where you come from. That's why sports are great.
Speaker 2: That's why sports are great.
Speaker 1: So you leave.
Speaker 2: ZIC Northwest, go to LA for college. Go to LA College. I got a question. Did you ever see Lionard or Reggie at like a frat party?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Lionard actually came. I want to hear this great kid he showed up. I mean, uh bro that I mean sweet guy and a gangster.
Speaker 3: I mean he was our I mean the quarterback of it. I think he was the guy.
Speaker 1: No, he was real chill, he was the pictures.
Speaker 3: I mean he didn't. Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: He he uh our Fred. So dude, Lakers were at Kobe Shack, were rams there? No, they were back in Saint Louis right, Yeah, yeah, but Dodgers were all right. But SI football was king was king in LA. And yeah, I mean but because Pete Carroll God bless him, would bring in Snoop and Will Ferrell and mcconae all these people to come watch. Because Pete was like, just from what I've heard from uh from peeps that know him well, was like he wanted to surround the practice, almost like the way young college kid will perform if there's a pretty girl there, He's like, they definitely will do it even more so with celebs.
Speaker 3: You don't want to fucking eat shit in front of snoop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he'd get these guys, and he also want to make the practices fun and like and and make them a thing and uh but but yeah, Lioner came to our frat party. A lot of them would because our house was set up to where it just got remodeled my freshman year. So it was like you walked in, you had the kitchen to the right, big TV room to the left, and then you walked in. It was set up like apartment style, so you had a big open squad and then you had rooms run the bottom of rooms on the top. So it was a great party house. So I walk in one day to a Thursday night party and Leonard's waiting at the stairs and I walk up and there's some pledge not letting him go up the stairs, and I was like, I go, I go to I go, hey man, And Lannard was friends with this guy named Brandon Hans, who I think was our third or four string quarterback, but they were buds and so, and Brandon Hans was friends with a buddy of mine in the frat. So Leonard was come to hang and he just was waiting, not trying a big time, but waiting at the bottom of stairs. And I go, are you waiting for Somebody's like, yeah, Brandon hants. I go, oh, walk up and I go to the pledge. I go, do you know what this is? He goes, no, I go it's a quarterback of her fucking school man. And he was like, oh shit, day man, big fan man, I go too late carry you know, And it was yeah, yeah, it was. So we go upstairs and we had like six garries in the house and we go upstairs and Lana was wearing just a big shirt and sweatpants. I think he did have like three or four girls falling behind him. But you're the quarterback, dude. Oh he was chill. He was chill. And now he's doing a podcast my boy.
Speaker 3: Jerry for a yeah Robacks.
Speaker 2: Shout out.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he uh. He was just a god dude. And so see football is king. I graduate sc Now I'm just in the throes of la trying to make something out of nothing. You know, you get a theater degree and it's but it's all on you, dude. So it's just like stand up. Then YouTube hit so I'm doing sketches and I'm auditioning that I'm working in a cast.
Speaker 2: But when when when did you feel that you were going to comedy during this whole thing?
Speaker 1: Probably in college I was like, you know, obviously the acting program was pretty demanding, a lot of shows and a lot of drama. And I definitely still I mean, Robin Williams is like my guy, that's the career that I want, Like, I want to be able to do it. Reason out fire to me as a flawless movie where you're like, oh, you get a brilliant comedian but also like a brilliant dramatic actor, giving you both sides of the coin, and that just type of career where yeah, I don't know if I need to do like a saving private rying type movie, but like, yeah, man, if I if if somebody was like Spielberg saw your fucking your doctor Philon thinks you guys got you got some jobs or whatever it is, or I mean I've done some dramatic shit but and and definitely feel really probably more comfortable in that then. I mean, comedy is is just second asher at this point. But I want to do it all, man, I want I mean the Sandler career is like what I'm notilding towards where you can.
Speaker 2: Work with your friends and make things you love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, he literally can't.
Speaker 1: Rob Snyder write me do his big low Nick Schwartz and write me benchwarmers, you know. And also David Spade, I'm gonna put you all my ship because we're budgy. You're also great, like I know, so I have so many people in my world like that. They just need opportunities. And it's and that's all it is, man, and and you just want to make shit. I mean, I the Doctor Phil show and stand Up, it's all great, grateful touring. It's it's the ship. But like that's what this next year is is trying to really take advantage of the exposure in the momentum and and make some shows and even though they're harder to come by and tougher to make, like you know, I've created my own goluck to this point point, like the Doctor Phil stuff came out of you know, the actor strike hitting and it was like, wow, now I don't even have you know, you're waiting around to be putting other people's ship, which just gets old. I mean, I've been auditioning for you know, fifteen plus years book some cool shit, gotten really close on cooler shit, not gotten it.
Speaker 3: And at some point you're like, why am I waiting around?
Speaker 1: I feel like I got more to offer creatively and should should be you know, taking it less of this and more of this, you know, pointing being like why am I not? They didn't want to put me in their thing, Like fuck them, And it's like, well, then make your own ship create you. And especially in this day and age, you have to do that. You can't be a one, one trick pony. You can and people still gonna be a good trick a fucking rabbit out of the hat. It's like, it's like coach Belichick, so he said, you say you better be you either got to be great at one thing, you better gotta be good at a lot of things. Fuck dude, the more semity Sam, when you're just that impression was that.
Speaker 2: The more you can do is Jules always says.
Speaker 1: The more you say that, Yeah, I mean you came in doing like what I mean, how many things would you say you will bring it to the table when you got in the league.
Speaker 2: I was just signing up. I was where do you need me wherever, and I was playing all the special teams and that's that's how you started. That's how I started covering kicks and returning kicks, and you were just like, I'm going to crush this. Well. You earn your opportunity through your your performance and your preparation. The more you do it in practice, the more opportunity you'll earn. And so I mean, that's it's like anything. It's just it's just fundamental, bringing your hard hat, lunch pill to work with a purpose, trying to get better and if you do that, usually good things happen.
Speaker 1: Question from a fan and speaking for all fans, did you ever return a punt and in your head go don't drop it, don't drop it, don't it, John D Because I think that every time after one guy drops when, I'm like, he's got to be thinking that the next time. Not a human.
Speaker 2: So when I first came to New England the first practice and training camp, I came from Kent State and like my senior day, we had like eight hundred people at the crowd, you know what I mean. The first day of New England training camp, there's twenty five thousand people surrounding the practice field watching chance. People were cheering and I'm trying to catch punts really for the first time in front of people, and I start dropping them and shit, and they started booing, Oh, if Bruskie came over, He goes, they don't worry rook. They're just saying my name because they whatever Brew would come, they'd always boo.
Speaker 1: He kind of gave me a you know, they saying boo or boo saying that's so what you need. I bet that changed your mentality, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what that did was whenever I got stressed, I would I would just fall back on work. So the more prepared you are, the better you're gonna do on the On the Sunday. The Sunday was always you had the answers to the test. That was the easiest day. You just got to go take the test a million times at practice. Love that, and then subconsciously all your movements and behaviors will just come out naturally when the game day comes.
Speaker 1: It'll be like deja vu.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That was the first trip Clep I went to in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Deja vu shout out, not joking, it was dejeavu and ricks shout out to ris My buddy Chris dal Leone. We went and I was eighteen and he was seventeen. But he you know Filipino. If Filipino dude puts on a hoodie and like does like a little bit of a Robert de Niro, they can aige himself up like five six years And so we walked in and he just owned the place. And I remember to this day, he tells a story he goes, he goes, you walked over and asked me for forty bucks like three times, because I was like, dude, this girl Cinnamon like she really she likes dude. I think she likes like I think I'm gonna pay for a kid to go to high school. I think I'm gonna buy I'm gonna take her to Costco and like fill up the cart. I think, like at least once.
Speaker 3: She did never gave you the forty bucks. You know what that bringed ever to. I mean, but the dances were the dancers just got shorter.
Speaker 1: I remember that every dance was like two and a half minutes, and all of a sudden, she was like, okay, so another forty bucks, then you can have the first six seconds of it.
Speaker 3: It's all been done by.
Speaker 1: The Barnaked Ladies and you're like, they're not even out yet. It's nineteen ninety eight, sweetheart, they were two thousand and two group. Were you in the future, Cinnamon, You.
Speaker 2: Remember the old Pablo Francisco bit on the strippers? I remember watching for him.
Speaker 3: You do a movie.
Speaker 1: Trailer voice four to what?
Speaker 3: No, but he's me.
Speaker 2: I used to watching him for early YEA early Central Day. Yes, and I remember you used to talk about going to the stripper. You like ducks. I like ducks too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, Funny.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's go back to September twenty fourth, twenty twelve. Wow, this is a segment. We like to go over the pop culture. What was going on around this front of the game? Number one movie Hotel Transylvania, says.
Speaker 1: My god, dude, And who's who's your who's your like? Who do you look up to?
Speaker 2: So clearly, Adam Sandler, Who are your inspirations when you were young?
Speaker 1: Bro Sandler, Jim Carrey, Eddie Murphy, Nutty professor, the reason I do characters? And uh, you know I've done a bunch on Kiltny and now with the phil Any Murphy Eddie Murphy Nuny Professor is such an underrated movie and he should have won an.
Speaker 3: Academy Award for that.
Speaker 1: He played eight different people and they're all feel like real people, dude. And and Martin Lawrence dressed up like a woman. Tyler Perry, Dude, You're like, you're you feel like you're in no slight to them. You feel like you're just watching them in dress up. Eddie Murphy transforms dude.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Same with Jim Carrey. Dude is like the Rinch carry so Jim Carrey, dude. I mean even Steve Crawll in the office is one of my favorite things. Larry David Curbs, one of my favorite shows of all time, got to do an episode which was Outer Body Experience. I was an uber driver and just him sitting behind me in the audition twice was like, I mean, I was like, we got into these fights, like you know, the only thing they write down is like, Larry's gonna ask you what is rating? As you tell me he's a one. That's all they tell you, and then you just improvise. So he's like he gets in and he goes hey, and I'm like kind of a gamble me picking you.
Speaker 3: Up right now? He's like, what's that?
Speaker 1: And then uh and then I go, you know you're rating man, And he's like, by the way, I'm a little thrown off. You do not for me gum. I go, well, you're a one man. I don't give one's gum. I mean you got in my car. To be honest with you, man, you got and you know that you slam the door too loud. He's like, what are you talking about? This is even a nice for a car. I go, dude, you know you got in with this like mentality, like you do what you want. You just got you got this like sucking fucking thing. He goes, there's no sucking. There's no fucking. This is in the audition that had to be insane. It was the best. And but so Larry David's definitely a hero Eddie Murphy, Eddie Harley.
Speaker 2: And coming to America when he changes into those guys, oh my gosh, those are the best.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't see that anymore? I want So that's one of the shows I'm actually trying to get going as a like scripted slash hybrid to where it's like it's this family dinner.
Speaker 3: I have this character Jeremy that I do.
Speaker 1: It's like this man boy child and I did this pilot that's up on my YouTube called Jeremy or I play three different characters, this heavy set gay hairdresser, then an old you know, eight year old woman like who's a medium, and then this man boy child dud Jeremy and Ron Funds is in it, David Keckner, Joel Michale, Tom Lennon, and uh yeah, the way Eddie would do that. Even Farley was a big influence.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, now when you do your impressions, do you like when you watch Jim Carrey, like he changes his fucking face.
Speaker 1: That's that's the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you do the same thing when you're doing like fucking biten and you're doing all yeah you got a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you study that or Like for me, it's I'm not I don't consider myself like a true impressionist where like you know, there's a friend of mine, Mussavius and yours, she was on SNL forbid. She like sits down and like listens like studies. Like for me, it's either like it's not like a one and done, but like I try to do it. I really feel like I can see people like well, so like visually, I can like know how to so I just kind of start doing that, and then I would watch some things to try to find you know, it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the eye stuff.
Speaker 1: I find a couple of things and like the big teeth smile, you know, and then you know, the smirk was kind of thing, and then and then the voice when you get as close as you can. But like Will Farrells George Bush was so great, but it wasn't spot on me, you know, like Sera Caliendo's was a more spot on, but like Will Ferreles was kind of arguably funnier because it was just a little bit more cartoony. But but yeah, I try to the more you can kind of controy and getting into the makeup really helps to get lost in something, you know, Like when I was up there doing the the roast of Poppy, I mean I was yeah, I mean, I mean I could have hung out like that guy all night and walked around you know, Boston and the Yankees Jersey and got into fights. You know, I made you You're gonna really fuck me up. I'm eighty years old. Suck my dick cocksuck like I was ready to just do everything.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: One More Night by Maroon five?
Speaker 2: One More Night?
Speaker 3: Are we Maroon five fans still? I mean it was the number one song?
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 3: What this is? I'm thinking of?
Speaker 1: Phil Collins say one Yemen.
Speaker 3: Take a cow.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's from Targe Rights.
Speaker 1: You'll be in my heart if you want to get me to cry on cue dude, that one. I remember listening to that when my I think eighth grade girlfriend broke up with me. Thanks for bringing it up. Aaron Domingo shout out. She now she's dating a buddy mine from high school. They have four kids. I think they're happy. She's living out in the boonies. What's that she's a life coach? Hilarious. I think she was for a bit. No called me a volleyball coach. I think now she's just mom my buddy's a pee teacher. But they but I would after she broke up, I would turn on like you me, I just sit there, let me go. I just fucking be double fisting a brown sugar popped dirt. At least I've got you popped out. And then Aaron went and fucking jerked off my buddy jessla cast who by the way, Jess shout out, I like to see the full name of people. Jess was this kid in high school that I mean dude. He had the perfect family, his parents had money. But then he also was like the cooler. We all had this kid that was cooler in fourth grade to where they almost felt like an adult dude because his brother was and I think high school and we were in elementary school and so, and he was his football stud and Jess was a bigger dude. So like he just would get roughed up by his brother. So he came to school in the fourth grade, he'd be you know, the car had some miles on it, and he told us that his dad had meanted little Caesars. Hey not true. Do we have any way to fact check?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: So we're like, dude, your dad came up with pizza pizza. He's like, yeah, dude. One day it was just like, dude, what's our slogan? Will we make pizza?
Speaker 3: Say it again?
Speaker 1: Boom, there is pizza pizza. We were like, what the fuck? He told us he was having sexual intercourse in the fourth grade. Again, no way to fact check. He also just had the swagger of a fourth grade. Confidence goes a long way then, dude, I remember he I think he told people he was doing al in the sixth grade. I don't know, but it was like we gonna, you know, hit him up on Facebook and find out. But now he's big gun guy. But he but so yeah, that was so twenty twelve. So one more Night, Yeah, I think it Phil Collins, but Maroon five had the time.
Speaker 2: I hate Phil Collins?
Speaker 3: WHOA what do he do to you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't hate Phil Collins. I just don't like were the in the air of the night?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember we were on like a five game winning streak and I put that on right before a game we ended up losing the game.
Speaker 3: Never listened to it again.
Speaker 1: Phil, Well, that sounds like a personal problem. Why don't you fill out of this? Nah?
Speaker 3: I heard Fields kind of a hole too? Oh no, really, I don't know I've heard.
Speaker 2: Is that surprising though?
Speaker 1: No, he's such a He's a British rocker.
Speaker 2: Right when you make easy lover, bro, you can be in ahol.
Speaker 1: He's pretty cool though, great call, dude, he's cool.
Speaker 3: A p MVP I'll take you.
Speaker 1: Johnny Monzel was the Heisman winner Johnny football Honey Football crossover him. Yeah, I saw him an kill Tony. We played Dicetel three am. I told him too, and I was, I was dressed as sounds about right, And I told him I was, I was, Uh, I think I was dressed as doctor Phil and I go, Johnny, I feel like I'm watching deleted scenes from the documentary right now. You know. I was like, I thought, you're trying to sober up player, you know, And he was just like.
Speaker 3: You know, here we go, baby.
Speaker 1: You know he's a fun guy.
Speaker 3: Though it's a fun guy, cool stories.
Speaker 1: The talk was wild. You forget how fucking famous he was.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I don't know if I would. I mean, fuck, dude. It's almost like when you see, uh, you know, Bieber get so famous so quick, You're just like, what would you do?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't care how.
Speaker 1: It's almost tough, you know to say, like to have the good people around you to get in your ear and your face and get you on the right path for sure, that you know always will help. But like, yeah, you're gonna you're you're in control, man, he was in the driver's seat and.
Speaker 2: The bron was that famous? He did all right?
Speaker 1: He did fine?
Speaker 2: Man, We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's jump into the Packers. Jack, give us a little synopsis on these Packers. He's eleven and five Packers. Mike McCarthy in his seventh season. We know he's done in Dallas these days. Legendary Dom Caper's running the seven season with them there just two years.
Speaker 4: Removed from that Super Bowl win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 1: Were you watching this game hoping for one or the other or did you expect Green Bay? I think a lot of people, did you know what?
Speaker 2: So I was in AFC at this time, so very this was a Monday night game because it was on ESPN, I believe Gruden. So we'd all watch that. But you could care less on who wins. You're more tied to your division and your conference. You know, it's very rare that if we're not playing, then we're not going to see them, That's right, you know what I mean once every four years, that's right. So like this is we're gonna watch Aaron Rodgers play on Monday night football?
Speaker 1: Though, did you think, like, oh, this is a potential scruble matchup at this point, dude, So early.
Speaker 2: Right, our coaches kept us so dialed into how shitty we played the week before that we thought we were on thin ice.
Speaker 1: Set Just like, I mean, it doesn't strike me as a guy that even screams. I mean, he strikes me. It strikes me the guy.
Speaker 2: He doesn't scream, but he kills you with facts like that and knowledge. He'll embarrass you through like his knowledge of the game, Like you're going to loaf that play and then he'll go and he'll put on the same play with l team, blowing the guy up, saying, so you're gonna act that and make that play.
Speaker 3: But I've look at this, this is how it's done.
Speaker 1: So like if you bought, like you're playing monopoly and he's like, wow, you're really gonna buy Baltic Avenue right now? Well, I guess that's your prerogative, huh. But Atlantic Avenue is wide open and clearly is going to bring in more cash flow. Maybe you're just a big fucking idiot. He would just do that shit. He wouldn't say that, right for sure.
Speaker 3: But he.
Speaker 2: Say I'm a big fucking He never like really called guy's idiots, I'm disappointing you like a dad. No, it was more more like we're not on this program, or like cool he says asshole a lot in his windy motherfucks you assholes. Cool, but it's like old it's like old guy assholes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get up. You need a little bit of that as a coach, right or do you not like people used to, you know, give Pete Carroll a hard time, even though I've heard from you know, Mark Sanchez and others that like, Pete's gott a fucking He's got a switch like anybody, but like, yeah, more often than not he's killing it with kindness and he's trying to be positive. Then that just the way he does it, right, So it's never positive, Pete. Yeah, never positive.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pete stage Jack composer was do your job right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that fun if you.
Speaker 2: Think about it, like where we were at as an organization, like it was either super Bowl or failure. Wow, you know that was when I got there. When I got there, they already had three super Bowls. Yeah, and then we got into the heat of ours. So like it wasn't about how well you did in the win. It was about the seventeen plays we could do ten times better because when we need those plays against a better team in a more important situation or area of the season, that's what we're trying to do. The whole season is just trying to prepare you for the postseason, you know, And that's the real dance. So like, yeah, it's negative, but it's not negative. It's it's anyone who's trying to improve some thing. You never look at the great things or you never pat on the ass for things you're expected to do right because we're all professionals here. Okay, this is what we did wrong. We need to work this because we're gonna see this fifteen times next week against the next opponent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we need to do. Yep, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I feel like I was just in a Bill Belichick meeting right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's awesome. It's it's cool how much you've like, can you know, hold on to that and you still like it's there's also other ways to do it, And that worked for that worked for Bill. It worked for it seems like it was he was pretty doubt into like you know, once people get brought in like who is who who buys in and who doesn't? Right, I'm sure there were guys that were like, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: When you're when your best player, your most highest PID player is Tom Brady, who's working the hardest, it makes everyone else fall in line. So yeah, Bill, Bill, he's a great coach. But it's because of the leader. Huh you looked at Tom first? No, you just you had no uh if Tom was gonna get yelled at, if Tom was gonna be there early. And Tom's got a supermodel wife and it can take a helicopter wherever he wants. But he's still the first one in the last and you're fucking fifty four on the roster.
Speaker 1: Wow, what do you think you're gonna do? D So, I mean, it's it's a joint, it's a synergy. It's a laws by the head coach, it's the authority by the sheriffs, and that's the players.
Speaker 2: It needs to be working hand in hand. That's what That's what you see with the chiefs Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. I went and watch them practice. You know there's guys joking around. Patrick Mahomes wasn't. Patrick Mahomes was dialed. The whole fucking time. Patrick Mahomes in between periods was doing his things that he had to do to get his self ready. And I guarantee every motherfucker on that team sees that. Wow, you know what I mean, that's that's that's the power of leadership in an organization.
Speaker 1: I remember Greg Jennings had a big day. Yeah, Greg Jennings game.
Speaker 2: We watched this game, and these Packers teams, they were fucking good.
Speaker 3: They're good man, Jordy Nelson.
Speaker 2: Jay Haw, Clay Roger was, was Cobb was?
Speaker 3: I don't think Cob was on this.
Speaker 2: Charles Woodson Famer? Yeah, was he? I didn't see him that much in the highlights though.
Speaker 1: Obviously Clay Matthews, Right, Clay Matthews, great, my teammate, Charles Woodson, Hall of Famer. Maybe we just golfed this pass.
Speaker 4: It was good golfer And a little foreshadowing with this game. This season, Aaron Rodgers led the league in sacks, taking a fifty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to him in this game.
Speaker 2: It's a little foreshadowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this d was I mean, just going on the line, dude, I mean, it's.
Speaker 3: This was the start of the legion to boom.
Speaker 2: When you guys got irving and reserving.
Speaker 1: Was a fucking mad man, dude, I mean, dude, just Sidney Rice was such a beast gig. So that was our veteran guy, Doug Baldwin just you know when talk about.
Speaker 2: This was Tate, baby, Remember a little Tate was a.
Speaker 3: Ball I was bummed that we let him go. Tate was a fucking baller.
Speaker 2: I remember we used to train in the off season together and that guy just made plays.
Speaker 1: He was playmaker, dude, and he uh and he had a little flair and he little goofy ship. But finally what he did he may play backed it up and him with Percy there for a minute, it was cool. I'll tell you that boom though you see you see probably it was wild Byron Maxwell was just coming into his own JA Jeremy Lane, who was fucking and you guys up in that bowl until he fucking went out. I mean that. You know, there are certain Hawks fans that are like, once Lane broke his fucking arm, that was the beginning, and I was like, that wasn't it. There was a lot going on, but he was a he was he was a guy to have out there.
Speaker 2: He tackled that he was the one who broke his arm. Oh that's right. I think he tours a c L too. It was a bad because it was a bad hit. It's a bad throw. It was bad play. Yeah, it's a bad play.
Speaker 1: How about Cam Chancell and getting hit by that guy?
Speaker 2: What's that like? It feels so when you hit people you could feel give.
Speaker 3: He feels like when you hit a tree.
Speaker 1: You know, when you hit a tree and every morning I start my day, but smacking my head on one, yeah, it felt like that.
Speaker 2: And also who the low, low key fucking little Earl Thomas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro Earl Thomas is he was like a bat out of hell. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he would blow something up, even if it was his own teammate. He didn't care. He was blowing just something up, even if it had nothing to do with the play he was blowing.
Speaker 1: He was hitting somebody and making him think twice about their weekend.
Speaker 3: This's when he had dreads too.
Speaker 2: I was watching this game because yeah, because I don't think he had him when we played, but this is when he was young.
Speaker 3: They were wild, dude. They were just Marshaun Lynch.
Speaker 2: We can't talk about money beast mode.
Speaker 1: We had every we had every spot covered and we had you know, getting you know, I've heard both sides of the coin about Russ, but like, you know, you had so many great guys and then obviously you know what helps is you know, only a few contracts, right, So it was like we paid I think I don't think we paid any maybe Sherman had gotten paid at this point or but I think they were all on rookie contracts for a minute. So that's why it was. We paid a couple O line guys.
Speaker 2: And then didn't John Snyder come from the Packers? Yes, oh yeah, so I Actually he's a friend of yours. He took me to lunch when I when when I got worked out after my little combine at Kent, me and him went to lunch and we had like a real cool relationship.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine you guys not hitting it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was. He was a cool dude.
Speaker 1: He's very cool, and he's died with the fucking he's you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, he's a huge part of the reason why this team became what they became because you hit on Bruce Serving, you brought in that, you know, uh, the legion of boom Boys. Browner was like playing into his own. He was a long, crazy, fucking physical corner. You had Sherm who was a fucking ballhawk.
Speaker 1: I mean that's because of kJ Ryders, a rookie linebacker in there, like.
Speaker 2: Dude, this whole and this This was like in the game.
Speaker 3: Where Clemens was wild off.
Speaker 2: Oh god, they were had a branch you couldn't move Alan Branch. He played with us for two years and won a couple of Super Bowls. Alan Branch used to ride a skateboard, electric skateboard and from the parking lot, which we had like a it was probably like a two hundred yard walk, and he would get out of his truck, he put his skateboard down, put his backpack on, step on his electric things, zoom in, go in through the hallways and he's you see a three hundred and sixty pound guy just walking around on an eboard in the hallways. Bill sitting like, what the fuck are you doing? They gotta save those legs, Yeah, to save those legs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, Schneider really is. I mean him and Pete were, you know, definitely in in concert as far as every move they were making. But like you know, even now, you know he's uh, they I mean they crushed the draft.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: He's just a football savvy, fucking guy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean he's such a normal dude.
Speaker 1: But then when you like lock in and talk you know, ball with him, You're just like, oh, this is sometimes.
Speaker 3: You know, we'll be hanging and I'm like.
Speaker 1: How are you running a football franchise? And then as soon as we start talking, he's like junk and just like you know, he's just living, breathing, thinking it.
Speaker 3: But he's been around some of the greats.
Speaker 2: I mean he was he got to learn from home grin how to build an organization, a franchise. Yeah, you know, and then you go and do I think he was with the Niners early on too, wasn't didn't he start with the Niners.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's.
Speaker 2: Familiar, Jackie get us the game lead up of this Week three regular season game.
Speaker 4: As you mentioned, this is a Week three game, both teams coming in one and one. Russell Wilson's third game ever in the NFL, So this is young, young russ and a big story heading into this one. Of course, the replacement refs they were on strike, couldn't come into an agreement there two thousand and five deal expired in twenty eleven. Then you had a little bit of the lockout, which hindered some of their negotiations. But the dispute basically centered around pension and a little bit of upping some of the salaries, which would have amounted to three point three million total, whereas Roger Goodell was making forty four million that year. So there was a little bit of contention there and they wanted to switch the pension.
Speaker 2: You can't put Roger in the same sentence with ref I know. Yeah, I hate when people do that in the comparison. Shit, that's bullshit. Roger your Goodell does a lot of ship for that. And I'm not trying to be a Roger Homer anything. You're sounding like one.
Speaker 1: These guys aren't even fucking full time. That's what the like need. That would hardly make them full time.
Speaker 5: I know that was The NFL is fine without Roger Goodell from my products standpoint.
Speaker 2: He saw how bad the NFL was with no refs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was bad. I'm talking about from an optic standpoint. I got I get you love Roger Dodger.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't hate Roger.
Speaker 1: I like Roger do you like Roger, call him Roger, but he is he seems fine. Yeah, no, he seems actually he seems chill.
Speaker 3: My uh he takes all the bullets.
Speaker 1: He does well, you have to your commission. He uh. My buddy, Brad Williams is a Broncos fan. You know, guys, no comedian Brad Williams hilarious. I always do this. He's a little person. He's a he's a person, but he's you know, he can't get on the couch without help, but he's Brad's one of the funniest dudes ever, which I go out of specials. H I think Starfish is name of it on YouTube. If you're gonna drab him, I gotta give him a shout out. But Brad is one of my best buds. And you know, I've picked him up many times. We used to do a podcast together when we're out doing shows.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He We just did this show at the Comedy Store last week, the Goddamn Comedy Jam and me, him and Jelly Roller on stage singing fucking Nickelback and I just go Prad. It was the end of show. I go jump and just fucking without everything. It just jumps in my arms. I'm carrying him around the stage, but you know, we he knows I'm not gonna drop him. We have a fucking built some rapport. He's at the draft and he went up to ask Goodell a question. I think it's on Brad's Instagram, and he asked a question about the push push and he's like, if you're gonna get rid of that, maybe there's a thing where they throw a little person over the goal line instead. And that clip kind of popped off and Goodell you see him like laughing really hard and and you know, being a good sport about it. And then I told Brad to go watching Goodell walk over to you and shake your hand. And it was like, I don't know if it was his first time around a dwarf before, but I did the same thing when I first met Brad. I was like, can I pet you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Do you have all your shots? Like it's like a pitpole. You're like, what's the fucking protocol here? So you see Goodell walk over being like and Goodell wants to hug him, but he's like, is it rude if I bend down and hug him? So he just kind of puts his hands on his shoulders, like he's his dad at a t ball fucking you know, banquet, and he's like rubbing his shoulders and then you see him get a little Joe Biden.
Speaker 3: He's he's like, maybe I shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: He's actually smell his head and then you can see Goodell want to pick Brad up. Here we go, yeah, this is it. See the handshakes weird. But if you play the video out, like given that woman's like, what is he about to do?
Speaker 3: We're about to have to put out some statements tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And Goodell is like right behind Brad and he almost picked him up, but then also almost hug him weird, And I was like, dude, if he.
Speaker 2: Would have picked him up, that would have been fun.
Speaker 1: Brad's gotten picked up before by a guy that wanted to like lion king him and dropped him. Actually he had a show, god, and he had severe like backashes for a while. He's good now, but that's one thing Brad says is like, don't fucking pick me up. But yeah, dude, I think Goodell is I think Goodell knows what he's doing. He's look, the game has never been better, right, So he's doing something right.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it's funny you bring or Brad brought that up because, uh, former Texas tech coach Mike Leech actually rumored to have proposed to play like that.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yeah, my minjels.
Speaker 2: We were looking at that last week.
Speaker 1: Don't you love a good YouTube title? Goodell wipes booger on handicap girl. I mean, I can't click fast enough. Oh my god. It's almost like when you see, like there was a video I side that said gorilla has had enough and it's a video of a gorilla at the fucking zoo and a kid's tapping on the glass and then the gorilla just fire us one off. Like and by the way, there was a time I remember going to the zoo where there was no glass, so like there's and this was in the first gorilla to fucking shoot off a load into the stains, like you know, there's a kid walking around with an eyepatch being like I remember it was my birthday. It was nineteen eighty six, and I was, you know, prodd and fucking you know, uh, Tim Tebow Junior or whoever the gorilla was, and and the gorilla I was on team Gorilla when the kid was like poking on the glass. And then when the gorilla woke up and just was like, ah, from his nap, I'm like, now I'm team kid because I've been woking up from naps.
Speaker 3: But I was never like mom, I said twenty minutes, you know, and shot one off.
Speaker 1: But the craziest part about the video is the fucking by the way, the most come I've ever seen out of anything, hits the fucking screen and the kid doesn't even flinch.
Speaker 2: Guy's got nerves is almost just like that steel.
Speaker 1: Nerves of steel might put him in some sort of a like I don't know, like a UFC like ring or he just or you get a je in the veins, or you got a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he checked.
Speaker 3: Who won the Super Bowl this year?
Speaker 2: Ravens Black couple. That was when the lights went out in New Orleans. Cool.
Speaker 3: That was a good ball break down this game.
Speaker 2: We'll get into this game real fast.
Speaker 4: The first half can be summed up with eight eight straight punts to start this.
Speaker 1: Game on Seattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you got the over year on suicide Watch and eight sacks of Aaron Rodgers. The defense was getting to them all night. Chris Clemens four sat first half, Irving.
Speaker 3: Had two sacks.
Speaker 1: And this was the frustrating part about having Russ as a QB is like he was just so but again first year, right, this is a rookie numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he it just.
Speaker 1: Was like there were a lot of a lot of three announced.
Speaker 2: You watched him though, he was he was springy.
Speaker 3: I loved him. He gets a run here. This is when he was young.
Speaker 1: Dougie Baldwin told me once that, you know, he and Russ obviously had an amazing connection. I think in Doug's last few years, right, they said some I think offensive record for most tds and and then I think Russ might have.
Speaker 3: Passed it with Tyler Lockett.
Speaker 1: But but he was like it was a little crazy at times because Russ would scramble so much much that the prey and extend plays. But Doug's like, dude, my career was on the line every game because like I'm dialed in, I'm trying to make a play, I'm scrambling. But He's like, I didn't know if like somebody was gonna just come out of nowhere and blast and take me take me out. So like you see a lot of these great plays they made, but He's like, you know, there's certain times you're like, can I just run the fucking route? Maybe you hit me there, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, four hundred and thirty six completions between those guys, fourth most of any QB receiver duo.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't sleep on that.
Speaker 4: So in the second half seven to nothing at the half, Green Bay gets two field goals, a touchdown up they are up twelve seven. That takes us to the final play that we all know. The sequence is fourth and ten eight seconds left. Seattle has the ball in the Green Bay twenty four. Russ drops back to the forty, lets it fly. The ball is pretty much intercepted by M. D. Jennings, but there's a scrumb on the ground. He's grabbing for it. All that one reft signals touchback, the other signals touchdown. Call in the fields touchdown. They go out review this thing for like fifteen minutes. Ya on the field, I remember, no one knows what the heck is going on? Fuck are we doing? Disorganized as they come ultimately national football in the field stands.
Speaker 2: People out there love it. In corporation, we got fucking high school teachers as they're fucking.
Speaker 1: Refs yeah, I'll never forget to love. He was loving it and it ends up for I can't believe they kept it. It's crazy, how'd they keep it?
Speaker 3: Wait? So Packers won.
Speaker 1: I think I saw in the last statue you said they won the next nine to ten. What did we do after this? You guys beat us this year. This is when you mad Bro came, said you mad Bro to Tom. That was fun when we went out there. Everybody loved that.
Speaker 2: This is when you guys got your swagger. It is this is this is honestly a great game to go over. A Week six was the U mad Bro game. Only two weeks later you got hot. The end of the season.
Speaker 5: Week twelve on won all those This is where we got in between that.
Speaker 1: This is when we lost to Atlanta in the division round, which when we were up I don't know if you remember that we were up late. Uh Marshawn touchdown to go up too and then literally to Matt Ryan. It was I think there was thirty eight seconds left, maybe less, and it was like all they have to do is get two big plays, just stop stop a big play and back to back and then they kicked.
Speaker 2: The field goal as time expired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we went to the World the next year. But it's like, I think we would have gone that year.
Speaker 2: If we want to know, who do you watch these games with? Is there do you? Is there like a Seattle celebrity group? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean Joe McHale uh is a big Hawks fan. Rain Wilson Isn't Will.
Speaker 2: Ferrell like him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think because he's a Pete Carroll guy. He was a big Peak guy, went to s C as well. And I think Will's got some family in Seattle, you know, all the athletes and ship.
Speaker 2: Because you're touring a bunch, are you just watching it?
Speaker 1: Usually I'm usually on the road for for the season, although this year now that I've gotten you know, Sam Donald, Mark Sanchez and I used to have a podcast called Fourth and Forever. It was under the you know all the Smoke that Jackson.
Speaker 5: We saw the set of that when you did All the Smoke over in Santa Monica.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we our set was across from THEIRS and they were short time Sports was trying to have Mark and I be the football All the Smoke and it was awesome and we you know, I got us Chris out of the gate and then it was going to be you know, and then we had you know, we went to the Super Bowl and I had Jason Kelce and and uh Deshaun Watson and fucking uh uh and then he had to leave early to go get him, and then uh and no and then uh and then we got Miles Teller before Top Gun was supposed to come out before COVID. So Mark was pulling people. I was going to get all these big comedians. It was going to be a real I mean, it was awesome to the Mark and I hit it off right out of the gate, both se guys, both just I was making him looser because like I'm sitting down with the athletes and like busting balls and immediately kind of like making them feel like, oh, this isn't going to be a normal interview like you normally do. It made Mark more comfy. Mark's X's nose, my eyes and ears of the of the fans, but also you know, trying to come in with some decent questions. And then ultimately Short Time Sports was like, we just want x' his nose, So they kicked me off and had Mark to it. I wish I still had this drunken voicemailing Mark being like, I'm not doing it without you, man. But he was just getting his broadcast career going, and I was like, bro, you gotta do what's best for you. And so he did a bunch of one on one interviews and was still fine. It wasn't as fun, but but he's the fucking man's I love like a brother. He's and he's so good and he's just going to continue to get better. But he uh he uh. I called him Dominic from his flow is incredible.
Speaker 4: Call him dominant, the first guy to do flow, the first guy in the booth with a Mann total.
Speaker 3: He reminds me of kindergarten cop, the bad dad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Dominic the hair.
Speaker 2: What was the guy?
Speaker 1: Bro? Yeah he has he always took like this close mount. Yeah, dude, that's a great movie.
Speaker 2: That's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Maybe Schwarzenegger's not as Oh there it is, dude. That's Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Is that to say it's I mean, that's maybe postop from the surgery, but yeah, that's good bluff. If Mark wents to transition, that is yeah, that is uh yeah, that's Mark.
Speaker 2: That's Yeahi's funny.
Speaker 3: He's the man.
Speaker 1: Sanchise what a great nickname.
Speaker 2: Too really is off the tongue.
Speaker 1: Wait but uh but but uh but Sammy Darnold uh is now our QB. And I met Sam, fired up Sam. I just went home to Seattle and took Sam and his girl out to lunch. It was their first day in Seattle, and we're going to this place and I go, oh, this is your mall now, and I go, this is your area and there I'm fired up. Dude, He's I think he's locked the fuck in, he's pumped. I think like he's got a lot of great weapons. I think having a young coach like McDonald is is uh is great, and it being Mike's second year is huge. Yeah, you know, I U McDonald came out and saw Shane Gillis and I at the arena in Seattle, and it was awesome and getting just like talking. Shane's a big football guy, so we're all like, you know, beefing it up and and just seeing him be like one. So he just was like I, you know, and we just missed the playoffs and he was so fucking like bummed about it. But I'm like, dude, Mike, you came in and kept things moving, Dude, you took over like an era of football and repete and there was really no drop off, so you have to hanger out on that. And he was he was like, oh, thanks, thanks man, And you know, it's so sweet about him, Like, yeah, dude, you probably are so in your head and you want to like crush it for the fans, but like you kept it moving in the right direction and next year is only going to be better because it's actually now he's going in with a full and so for him and Sanity going in like together like this, I think is pretty great.
Speaker 2: One thousand Milroe from Alabama. That's awesome too. They say you're gonna get him eight to six plays a game.
Speaker 3: Bro, they crushed the drift. I don't know, man, we have an your favorite pick in the draft from them.
Speaker 1: I mean, Grey's able, like the fact that he's like I'm about to fuck a bugget a bush lad or whatever he said, Like he he came out of the gate and he was just we needed a line help.
Speaker 3: I think that's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always good to get a big boys need some protection. Technic, you got to protect the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to put a quick bow on this game. Yeah, Seattle won fourteen twelve. The outcry afterwards was insane, got the the quick reinstatement. This thing came to an end quickly. Thursday night football Jeans Boys. Twitter went nuts and a quick quick one from from referee Wayne Elliott. There was also a talk that it should have been past interference. They also used a rule, the simultaneous catchule that didn't really apply, and he famously said I learned the rule by screwing up the rules. So I feel like that was that could be applied to a lot in life.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Gloey Kardashian bad replace Yeah, you know it's bad.
Speaker 2: When Chloe car.
Speaker 1: Chloe takes out the phone to oh man, this is Chloe and her Heyday too, hey Day.
Speaker 3: Just all yeah, it's all up in it.
Speaker 4: Wow. A little moment in Twitter history. T J Lang alignment for the Packers said, FuG it NFL, find me and use the money to pay the regular refs. A little piece of history that was the most retweeted tweet at the time.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Troy Apeman and look at him just being like these games are a joke. Just wearing hard on the sleeve.
Speaker 2: Stores from the top rope made oh my God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was wild. I mean they figured it out though.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, if it wasn't this game, in this play would have been something else.
Speaker 2: Dude. This is basically what got the refs paid. So this is a fucking historical game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're welcome.
Speaker 3: This is what.
Speaker 2: So the moment that sticks out the most of you is clearly the twenty four year ard, the twenty four yard hail Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, d the fail mary as they call, right, Yeah, I mean it will be. Look what's great is that there are this definitely I think started the hastleback. We're calling heads and we're taking the ball that I mean, bro, we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's like it's like being last at the gang bang and being like, but she's going home with me, fellas and you're like, all right, your last though, dude, you got and there's six black guys in front of you. I think you're the odds are not in your favor, so you know, but yeah, for the gang I believe. Yeah, but you gotta believe is the moral of that sort.
Speaker 3: So gotta believe.
Speaker 1: But uh, but that started the rivalry and this just took it up a notch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's score the game. Then we got to name the game first, Adam. So it's the fail Mary.
Speaker 1: Right, inaccurate, the immaculate inception. I think they called it too, right, the inaccurate reception. Yeah, but I heard the immaculate inception. Was that something else.
Speaker 2: That the immaculate reception is? It was from Steelers in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Jerry Bradshaw, Ok, yeah.
Speaker 2: Gotta be phail Mary in my mind, the fail Mary. It's the pail Marry game.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: You can call it the tape Bait.
Speaker 1: I mean that's just rhymes. I don't know if that's a good title, but I like it.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: People remember it as though a couple of players earlier, Russell's coming out party. This is pre Sierra. You call pre Sierra, Oh because this Russell you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you call pre Sierra.
Speaker 1: Russell's coming Out Party RCP, you know, because you know this is this definitely was like, Oh, this guy's whether or not the call went your way, I don't know. He escaped, he bombed out, he gave you a chance.
Speaker 2: Jesus loves him.
Speaker 3: Jesus loves him. How about Jesus loves you? This was? How about this game was? How about?
Speaker 1: This was this was Russell versus Christ? No, this was no, this was this is Christ coming up party.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This was yeah, whatever, I'll email you something. You gotta pick, you gotta pick Russell versus Roger. No, oh yeah, Russ versus Roger.
Speaker 5: I don't want to like chime in, but it's got to be the fail Mary, right, Like that's like so like that's it's.
Speaker 3: A fail Mary film.
Speaker 2: It's a fail Mary. Score the game. Is this the greatest game of all time? Let's score it. Adam steaks zero to ten decimals.
Speaker 1: Okay, sticks were ten because you're talking about final game, final play of the game, So sticks are always high if there's you have a chance to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Week three regular season game, replacement refs.
Speaker 3: Take well, the rest were there.
Speaker 1: We thought the replacement reps would be their all season right, So but I think Game three, but I think it was rookie quarterbacks first TV debut in a season where I remember the hype around this team being like like hawks, like this fucking this is finally the year, and there was a lot of hype around Russ.
Speaker 3: ESPN.
Speaker 1: You're playing Rogers, you beat the pack, so stakes are hiding. You've got to give a ten on that for me?
Speaker 2: Regular season game? Do see that?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 2: You know, Aaron Rodgers MVP of the year before playing against Russ new sexy kids, a bunch of new stars. Some go with the six wow six. We had super Bowls on here, man, We've had World Cup games, we had goddamn you know, threeries, WrestleMania on here. I can't be given a regular season week three game.
Speaker 1: We go to different olive gardens. You go to one of the valley I go to the one downtown next to the Magic Johnson Theaters.
Speaker 2: All right, uh, star power zero to ten? What was the star power of this game? People in the crowd, who was on the field? Coaches, Oh yeah, this is this star power is huge. You probably got Jay Buner there. You probably got Gary Payton.
Speaker 1: You got fucking Dave Matthews there, you got maybe Eddie Vedder's makes a stop by. You got Bill Gates, you know, Paul Allen. He's got all the fucking nerds up there, like everyone, you know, just everyone's up there. There's like, oh, you know, so it's dude, everyone's having a great time. Seattle Monday night, Thursday night games, Sunday night wow, dude, I mean it's the place is electric electric dude. I mean, you know, fucking Collinsworth is there or I don't know who was calling this game. Turco dude, he was always like he just he felt like he was like one fucking vodka soda away from just saying something you shouldn't I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, But y'all, I'll tell you what. Man Like, dude, did you after this? So we were watching it, He goes, I don't know how this. I guess he came up with it. He goes, he comes down clearly.
Speaker 1: With the ball and they gave it to Golden Tate like he was so confused. Yeah, I mean it was yeah, great call, though, Power, I'd say, uh, every game, this one probably was at a seven.
Speaker 2: Seven Yeah, I would say seven is a good score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's certain I mean there's a lot of there's a lot of really good football players on that field.
Speaker 3: Just what they weren't them yet?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Start or star power for Oh? I thought you met like everyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, general, Well, I mean, look, can you hire if it was put I mean, you have a lot of future stars, but I mean they I mean, dude, I mean every guy on our defense arguably was like the best at their position. They were really good, like leading a boom they gotta you know, uh I say night then hey, yeah sir.
Speaker 2: The gameplay of the game that you said, you like scoring games, in high scoring games, but the gameplay of this fourteen to thirteen.
Speaker 1: Game play was a little whack for me because it's a no for me dog, but it h.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twelve twelve made them come out and do the extra point.
Speaker 2: You can't weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was like a little league score like where like the dad's are getting sucked up in the stands, like there's a parent fight. At some point they're like it was nine to nothing and they're like just call the game.
Speaker 3: But like one of the moms was.
Speaker 1: Like, my son's been practicing all week and she was like, you know, on the committee to get like new jerseys. So like they kept going, so uh I think came and they came back. Gameplay was again Russ, this was not his best game so offensively, the you know, the performance was was lacking something. I'd say gameplay was six six There was.
Speaker 2: A last second play to win the game. Honestly for me, Yeah, but but I'm gonna go six point nine.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a queen cut win, you know, like nobody.
Speaker 2: But there was also really good defense to play that defensive line for.
Speaker 1: Both teams defensive battle.
Speaker 2: You're right, full Russian judge three nine. Geez, what was I doing right? I'm sorry, guys, I forgot I scored the wow And then lastly we score the name of the game.
Speaker 1: Guy says I when a Russian judge then does a fucking Magiano's wain, I just I went full rushing Mama me over here.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot, Detroit, God, Myron, I never do three nines, Jesus, Come on, how we.
Speaker 2: Score the name of the game, the fail Mary, and how this is culturally? I mean this, this game is remembered. Yeah, we're talking about this.
Speaker 1: People remember the Titans, then remember this, you know, and not.
Speaker 2: Talking about crying in the movie bro strong side lef. You know how many times I cry every time I see that? How many there's many times I watch it? Yeah, I know he gets you every time they do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, and when they're in and when they go visit him in the hospital and he's like, go out there and win it for me, and then they cut to him he's watching the game when the Little TV and that movie is wild. Also Denzel just I mean, you know, incredible. I was about to do a Denzel but I don't have it. I mean called j Ferrell. Yeah, that movie's great. Who's the actor that plays the other coach that has to step aside was coaching? Like oh yeah, gone in sixty seconds. Yeah, he's just great character actor. And then not Haley Joel Osmont but yeah to date her Ryan Goslings in that movie Will Will Patty who dude? Gossling is like when like you ever see Angels in the Outfield? Yeah, Adrian Brody and McConaughey are just chilling in the outfield.
Speaker 4: I saw that too. Actually I forgot Brodie. I remember McConaughey, geez.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw. I always watch McConaughey interviews and I remember him referencing it once.
Speaker 1: So he uh, there's probably on YouTube. I did this short lived podcast with Chuckledell. Buddy mine was putting together for me, and he was like, I think you bet you did the show with Mark. I think you beat Chuck's new on the mic. So I was like, yeah, fuck it, let's try it out. We did about ten apps, but we got to do mcconaughe over Zoom. I mean, I just ran the show because I'm just like, you know, and Chuck was just you.
Speaker 3: Know, was there.
Speaker 2: It was it did you you have you ever played?
Speaker 1: Take a game here? And so I was like, Chuck, I got this Matt when you were doing Daze and confused.
Speaker 3: Chuck is the fucking man. And by the way, and he got him on the show.
Speaker 1: He was here like he's the nicest guy I think I've ever met. He's a big teddy bear. He fucking I ran to him in the street walking up to the laugh Factory one night and he fucking I mean snapped my back in nine places, and uh, it's just the sweetest guy.
Speaker 3: And he got I will say this, he got so.
Speaker 1: Comfy on the mic that I was really bummed it ended, because when we would do episodes just he and I, it was as loose as we're talking now. Anyway, Great dude, But McConaughey told a great story about angels in the outfield.
Speaker 3: Quick other McConaughey Tangent.
Speaker 1: We just did a Doctor Phil live in Austin at this place called Bass Concert Hall, which is on you Tea's campus. Twenty five hundred set theater sold out. I'm doing the meet and greet. My wife comes up and goes, I thinkccnaughey was here. I go, shut the fuck up. She's like yeah. And then the woman who was like yeah, he comes to hear a lot for you t stuff, but like he was here with his family. Apparently he's a fan and wanted to see the show. And I was like, fucking so im meeily h him up on Instagram. Nothing back, but he uh oh man, dude. But I'm like, oh, dude, what a my favorite actors.
Speaker 2: He's a great He's a guy you want to hang out with one thousand and he and he plays that character in every movie.
Speaker 3: You want to have to keep it with him. You also want to, like, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Want to smoke pot and just pick his brain.
Speaker 3: Bro. I want to get so high with him and be like and at some point he'll just be.
Speaker 1: You know, the same guy who wrote the Gummy Bears theme song also wrote the movie that Departed, and you're likely what he's like, just kidding made your look You just seen your fucking face? Man, You really think the Gummy Bears guy wrote the depart You know, but he's that cool that you're like you as you want to believe everything he did.
Speaker 5: You know the director of Tar invented Big League two, the movie with Kate Lanchett.
Speaker 2: That's true, dude, I feel fun facts.
Speaker 3: You're not to get a segment called just fun like call it?
Speaker 1: Do there? It is.
Speaker 5: Jeweles facts, the name of the game, the name, cultural relevance of this game.
Speaker 2: Ten ten.
Speaker 1: Probably they they got new reps. I would say it. I would say it. Nine, yes, dude, it literally fucking prices right eight point seven?
Speaker 2: Shout out grind?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Where does it rank on our list of games that we call him? Baby?
Speaker 2: Six point nine nine? Okay, cool? So six point nine to nine put.
Speaker 1: Somewhere the frappro is pumping his fist.
Speaker 8: Six point nine nine so close ties it with for sixty fifth, Age twenty one, Field Welcome twenty one thirty one, Game nineteen ninety five, Game one twenty two. Angels versus Oils, also known as the It's the cal Ripkin iron Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, black, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Well Cowboys Seahawks sixty four when that was when Romo fumbled the ball?
Speaker 2: Right, that's right?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, we did games man Colin.
Speaker 2: Coward, Yeah, Seattle Gay Coward. Do you remember this game the week twelve, same season Seahawks? Is this the same season Seahawks and Cardinals?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was like a nine to six game or something.
Speaker 2: It was like fifty five to nothing.
Speaker 3: Oh that one?
Speaker 1: Oh Balmer Cardinals?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, but he was out. I think he was heard. They had like the backup to back up.
Speaker 2: Who's Wormburger did that when he was on the Cardinals? Wow? Yeah, he said it was the worst game of all time. Cool and din we miss anything from this game? No?
Speaker 3: Did we cover it all? Dude, we covered it all.
Speaker 1: Adam Raycomedy dot Com for my tour day it's doctor Philive.
Speaker 3: We got about eight left.
Speaker 1: Casey, Indy, Reno, Atlantic City, Cape Cod Cape Cottam.
Speaker 3: I have to go to that come out.
Speaker 1: What's that date we're doing the that whatever festival?
Speaker 2: Figure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, August sixth. Well you don't come out and run it back. Let's let's figure that out.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: You guys got to go check out these live shows. They're fucking fun.
Speaker 3: Had a good time.
Speaker 2: They're super engaging with the crowd. It's not just like you're going to watch something you're like involved in something when you're at the show. It was a really cool thing and I enjoyed doing it.
Speaker 3: Man, you ripped it en.
Speaker 1: I mean we what's so cool about that is that uh and I and people went nuts when you came out to I mean that was extra special. I mean we had Matt Riyf and Camp Patterson, but do they the place the roof blowf when he came out and have that hype video for you. We've done that for a few other people. We did it for you know, Tom Lennon from reen rym on one and Austin and we did for Chevy Chase in Chicago and and Adam Devine in San Francisco and and it's just like a cool way to jelly Roll did it in Nashville.
Speaker 3: It was he was a surprise.
Speaker 1: But but you obviously being such a hometown hero for for.
Speaker 3: People there was wild And then you were so fun to play with.
Speaker 1: If you're down to clown dude, that's again like we've only ever had a few people that come on and just kind of clam up and and I have to drive the ship a little bit more. But like you were, like you jumped in and we'd only chatted briefly at the Super Bowl, So that was pretty cool, man, It was fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, just go.
Speaker 2: You gotta play the hits, yeah, dude, you just gotta play the hits, tell the stories they want to hear.
Speaker 3: No, but yeah, but we did. No, but not even though, I mean you did a little bit. But it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It was and you're right. Involving the crowd is a big part of the show.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: You gotta break that fourth wall. No, I've got to meet a few times. It's been awesome. Everyone go out and follow Adam Ray on all the social platforms at Adam Ray Comedy.
Speaker 1: Uh, go check out his shows. He's fucking awesome. Big stand up tour two right now. I mean it's the phil shows. There's maybe eight left and then we're done. And then huge stand up tour in the fall, and uh probably about thirty dates throughout the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, thanks for coming bro this rule. Dude, appreciate it. Man, that was awesome. He's great.
Speaker 5: I mean, Seattle, being a Seattle fan, but then also going to USC and then you could ride that Peek Carroll train for a decade is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's time for a little game we called we called jack asks. It's time for a little game we call jack asks.
Speaker 5: Why'd you determined to like really pronunciate that correctly this time?
Speaker 2: Well, I just because I misread it and you know, I'm terrible with the prompter. Nailed it, bro, nailed it. Jackass. It's a real Jay Leno type type beat title. It's kind of like Jackass. Yeah, how fucking great was that show?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Bro we man, what is this Jackass?
Speaker 3: What is this jack I like Party min Party Boy.
Speaker 5: Oh, Chris Panias is awesome. I still think we should remake Wild.
Speaker 2: Boys with you and Rob. But those guys are crazy.
Speaker 3: They got to throw up every episode, just like them. No man.
Speaker 2: I remember when Steve O for the first time on MTV swallowed that goldfish and he threw it up like pull a trigger.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god. And then like the carts bad. I mean, I loved those guys.
Speaker 2: That was That's the only reality TV I really watched was like Jackass and like some of those old like Real World, Oh yeah, yeah, the best baby, And if you were recreating that in You're cul de sac, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh my God, we were so stupid.
Speaker 1: You never go full jackass, like you jump into But those guys are doing like thirty mile an hour carts into a.
Speaker 2: Bush, which like you get hurt, like get stitches and ship. Yeah, they have a lot of broken bones. Imagine Ifny Knoxville, how about him making it a career. He's still out in the still acting. I just saw him in the studio the other day. Oh yeah, he's awesome.
Speaker 3: Mat Yeah, beast.
Speaker 2: You know what those all those guys. I mean, BAM's kind of been up and down, but I loved his show and his.
Speaker 3: Dad and that whole time.
Speaker 4: That's if you treated Frank like Bam treated his dad and mom Phil.
Speaker 2: Phil in uh whatever name and uncle Vito. I know you think Frank would have any I do stuff like that. But my dad, like he was nimble and like could get me. Phil wasn't easy talking. Frank could catch you one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, But at that time in my life, my dad was my dad was still young. Oh true, he was twenty years ago. My dad was thirty eight forty or something. What is he fifties? My dad sixty four, sixty five twenty years ago, he's forty five that's like twenty years of prime.
Speaker 5: Like Man, one more thing on Jackass, something is lost in the shuffle with Jackass. Spike Jones was heavily involved creatively, and Spike Jones is an insane actor, insane director. It's kind of you wouldn't think of him to be in that group, but he was legend. Bro, let's do the course this weeking.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for the Chill Zone, brought to you by cors Light. Get cors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Corslight dot com slash d w u N celebrate responsibly. Those mountains are always blue. That's when you know it's time to be coars boys.
Speaker 4: Now, Jack asks, now we don't Jack thinking about fill in April Bro and bemargin April.
Speaker 2: Busting in there. I know it took me a minute busting in mom Bam was rolling around like a fucking Lamborghini and shiit in like Ohio or something or was they.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati like Pennsylvania like uh remember camp Kill outside.
Speaker 5: Of no c k y dude, those guys are nut because that was like Band's brother or something, DVD's baby, the DVD era.
Speaker 2: That's when I wouldn't VHS.
Speaker 1: You go get a skate tape.
Speaker 2: Watch the fucking dude, that's where all that ship was because on skate tape they'd have their fish eyes in between like their like tricks. They would be doing hell of crazy ship. I used to watch some of that ship. That's like where Robin Big was born. Yeah, anyways, what is Jack asked Jack?
Speaker 4: This is this is me putting my dog Jack on the lukewarm seat, the hot seat, not quite the lukewarm.
Speaker 2: We're talking the would you rather?
Speaker 4: We're talking the questions that make you think you gotta sit for a second.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, h what would I do in this situation? Hmm? These are the ones that people want. I know, Like if a hundred men got to fight a fucking silver Back guerrilla, I literally cut that question. Yeah, we had one hundred Julian Edelman's versus one gorilla.
Speaker 3: I don't know, bro.
Speaker 2: After I see the first Julian Edelman get his arms ripped out, it fucking decapitated, and then the girl.
Speaker 1: And they run, fucking what the fuck?
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta have attack. You have to have a plan of attack for that, yes, Like it can't be just like every man for himself. You gotta go in waves. You gotta try to get eyeballs. You gotta have people like grabbing dick cooking every pressure point. If you're at something, you gotta pull air poke eyes. You may get an eye.
Speaker 3: Poke, but as soon as you answer, you're dead. So you got in.
Speaker 2: If you see eyes released, other guy go for eye Oh.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: He's always going for like all those. I don't know, man, those I thought about it. We're fighting dirty, babe, I say.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at this point, just so you know, we're like a week and a half past this trend.
Speaker 3: I know, but I've been thinking about a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want the wrong information, think you always.
Speaker 3: Think about the Roman Empire. It's fucking weird.
Speaker 2: The Roman Empire is your Roman Empire, slightly more topical.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think they probably did this in the Roman Empire.
Speaker 2: Although were they were they getting gorillas? I don't think they were getting gorillas then, bro, they were getting like alligators and shipped up to Rome. Yeah, but alligators are easy, that's that's North Africa. Crocodiles that's fucking yeah. But gorillas you gotta get like deep into Africa. Bro, Dude, I'm on chat cept you over here.
Speaker 5: They have rhinos r rhinos. I don't believe that. You just watch Gladiator too.
Speaker 3: What does it chat Gibt say.
Speaker 4: Physical comparison, silver back Gerrilla approximately four hundred pounds of muscle, can dead lift over eighteen hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: He got an equal NOTx membership Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Jesus uses like the straight has a bite force of thirteen hundred psi, thick skin, massive bones freak his strength. Julian Edelman, on the other hand, five ten eight accurate bite strength. Oh Man got to be at least a thousand ps I. I don't know his grip strength is good. I know that much elite agility that Chet. We did a tester bro We do grip strength. We do the grip strength. I know elite agility, toughness, and coordination in parentheses as.
Speaker 2: A football player in real life too. The what is chet?
Speaker 4: GBC said he is not trained for combat, and he is certainly not training eight strength animals one hundred verse one sure one hundreds a lot. But Julian is still a human with bones that break and no claws, no fangs.
Speaker 2: They if they swarm perfectly.
Speaker 4: The Julians might land some blows, but most it's likely not enough to overwhelm the gorilla many before many get incapacitated. The verdict, the gorilla wins in most realistic scenarios. Anyways, all right, ready, all right, are you ready to get on the hot seat?
Speaker 2: Jewels.
Speaker 4: My first question in this week's edition of Jack asks no burgers or no burritos for the rest of your life?
Speaker 3: Oh my, talk about it. I would you rather? That's tough?
Speaker 2: It ain't easy, brother, That's tough. You know what I do because I have Taco Tuesday every fucking Tuesday with my daughter. It's the same shit because she loves Taco Tuesday Tuesday. Sometimes I'll save a little in and out sauce. Oh and I'll make like a Burger taco with like American cheese and the Mexican or the Mexican flavored like ground turkey or whatever. Right, See, you could make burgers through the Mexican, so you're killing Burger. I might have to kill wow, the star Burger. Actually, I hear that you can scratch the Burger Itch. It's through other ship. Like if I get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that taco place down the street at Squaler, they've got that burger with the pickle in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gives burger.
Speaker 3: You know, it's and I you know, that's tough, bro.
Speaker 4: That's the kind of ingenuity and out of the box thinking that it's going to take to beat that gorilla.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's good answer, you know. While we're talking about burgers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm happy that the small I love a smash burger, and I love the toppings that a smash burger. I love that we're getting a rejection of this. We're going back to thicker.
Speaker 2: Patties, have we.
Speaker 5: I've been out there's a few places that are like going back.
Speaker 2: You know. Actually I said I've been out of the burger game, but I went to Vancouver. I went to two burger joints forgot the name is pretty damn good. One was smashed, one was the other wins Tahoe sound like a Dutch gouost type place ride an inclined village, which is like an old burger joint. I used to go to a Menlo park. So if I went to another burger joint, like, I haven't been to the bougie like or the like hipster smash burger joint a minute or like the trendy this. Yeah, I don't know, man, I feel you. I'm going burrito. Let's do burritos.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: That's a I love burritos same like because you when you live when I lived in Boston, you can get a burger there you can't get burrito.
Speaker 3: And this is a great place.
Speaker 2: There's one place in Boston, what la No, Teresa's Market in brown that used to be in the gas station. Right, No, it's a different place there. I like Paliso's over in East Boston. Yeah. East Boston's got some spots. I especially make a burrito every time I order it in and they go su and the burrito I go every time. Yes, also in the brito call it the Juliet though that for the next question, is that a segway or what?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, gracious, I wrote these shout out baby Jules. If there was a Julian Edelman sandwich at a local deli, what would be on it?
Speaker 2: Whitefish, caper, capers, cream, chees No, it'd be it'd be pretty boring. But it's all in the bread. It's all on the bread, like Dutch crunch. It's either Dutch crunch or soured Oh. I like that a sour dough produced in the Bay Area, so I get a real sour dough. None of this bullshit other areas doesn't taste the same. None of this. My John needs to be tired by the time I'm done eating my fucking sandwich where I'm chewing it so much. Seriously, that's how you know you got good chewy ass, like sourdough or like a good Dutch crunch, because Dutch crunches got that sweet layer of bread on top, and that's why you get that tiger effect because they put the same doughe with the extra sugar it and they put it on top, and so it cracks at the top and it gets crunchy in but it's also a sweet bread. So I would start baseline either sour dough or Dutch crunch, but I would go French roll, probably French sour dough that like a boat in like they have really good ship.
Speaker 3: And then I'd probably go with lettuce, tomato.
Speaker 2: Pickle, onion, uh, banana pepper or peppercini like that, but dry peppercini. We're not gonna fucking soak the bread, right right right. I hate soggy bread. I hate it. Uh, and then lettuce, uh, mustard, mayonnaise, yellow mustards, lettuce, shreaded, shredded lettuce. Uh, I like it. I like an iceberg, crisp cold move like that. And I like a thin tomato.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 2: I don't need my tomato to be dripping its guts all over my goddamn sam.
Speaker 3: Just there for a hint.
Speaker 2: Tomato it salt pepper, Uh Ernie, that'd be the Ernie sandwich, Okay.
Speaker 3: And then I would either go with.
Speaker 2: Like a salclito turkey or some kind of turkey that has kind of like some kind of taste, or or they always have, like a salcelito turkey at like the Delis I go to, or like a I don't like pepper turkey. I like it, but I don't want I want like the one with like a casun or like a Mexican or some kind of spice. Fine folks at boards had make a nice salsaliedo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then for cheese, I'm pretty I'm pretty low key with it, like I like a Havardi or like a pepper jack. I remember I dated this girl. She was from France. She goes, those aren't even cheeses, they have no taste yeah, take your breye alright, no, because it's like you know, Swiss cheese is distinct and right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You gotta the salt taste.
Speaker 2: She it always say you gotta have the salt taste with it, but you should have put her on craft just a turkey sandwich. Yeahkey, but was red that's great. Or I love baloney, like yeah, like a I like a poor boy, like an American with like baloney, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, baloney, American cheese. It's gotta be American cheese, like a good German bolooney or something I like, or like I don't like moretdella because I don't like the fucking olives in there or the pistachios going on there. I like it. It does like for it takes my if I want a baloney taste, but I like that. My mom used to like, Oh, she likes like baloney sandwiches and ships so salt pepper. She was used to put no mustard mayonnaise for hers. I like mustard mayonnaise on mine, but you have to have the salt and pepper on the tomatoes.
Speaker 4: I used to I just used to go to it subway. They put it on like a round roll baloney.
Speaker 3: Yeah back in the dayper I didn't.
Speaker 2: Back in the day. Yeah, I likes this is the subway, like had the distinct smell. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: Put that baby on a edge hot, right, baby, Brandy, Sammy, I like that.
Speaker 3: How about we?
Speaker 2: Uh we move on here? Jewels for another one.
Speaker 4: This is to let the people inside what you're doing to keep that body looking so tight.
Speaker 2: What is your fitness routine like in retirement?
Speaker 3: Squatted today?
Speaker 1: Hey, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get up three three fe I go, I go three, I stay at three fifteen. I try to squat because if I squat at least once twice a week, everything else will fall in place. And then I just walk a lot. I'll play golf a lot, but I have to the squatting like makes me feel good. You can mask pain with strength, So put my teeth, my legs strong, like not stupidly strong, but like if you keep them strong. I'm usually feeling pretty decent, but I squat, I'll do like beach workout ship, I'll hit the abs nice. You know, over over our time as a professional athlete, you've done so many different fucking core workouts, so I can knock out a core workout off of like memory of one of my a whole string coaches that used to punish us with them. But like you could do, though I always do like some core, I'll do like.
Speaker 3: I can't do.
Speaker 2: I don't I can't bench or anything because my shoulders are fucked. So like I try to stay strong with using the dumbbells, and I don't like to get too too heavy with it because I don't want to get too bulky. But yeah, stout squat. I like the squat. I mean then also keeps your it keeps it keeps you young, you know. And I'll go out and run every once in a while if I you know, if I put my cleats on, I'll go run at Santa Monica Junior College Community College in the morning. I'll see like the kids playing, like the teams will be coming out soccer and stuff, shout out Steve Smith Senior. And but I'll go h I'll sneak over there once in a while and I'll put because I can't run without cleats because I have I have bad feet. I broke my feet, so I need like structured like strength when I'm like running or like working my feet. But when I go to my daughter's sock so I do that. I'll do some fuel work here and there every once in a while just to see if I can still do it, which I can't and it's very humbling.
Speaker 3: And then I walk a bunch.
Speaker 2: So I'll take my daughter to practice and like they'll go through the fundamentals and ship and that's like they'll start doing all those drills and it's like forty five minutes. So I'll go walk for one hour. I'll go straight to the beach and back, which is like eighteen blocks and there's like some inclines and stuff, and I'll like, you know, sometimes I'll do like I'll go up the hills backwards and like try to work my quads. I'll drop my ass and try to get my glutes.
Speaker 4: I love that people are walking by, like who the fuck is this idiot dre doing stuff like or like lunges and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'll fuck it, you know. If I feel like my legs I need something, I'll just start doing ship.
Speaker 4: Nobody knows better than you better. Yeah, that's tight about a little topical one here. All in the news right now with the draft just wrapping up. If you were Will Campbell, what would you do right now? Would be your first move?
Speaker 3: Will Campbell? I would Uh.
Speaker 2: I would try to get Dante Scarnekio's number, talk to him. I say, hey, coach Scar, I'll live and die and to protect Drake May. But I need to I need to know how. I need to know how. I want you to teach me the way I need. He needs to go find fucking Yoda.
Speaker 4: Which Scar is Yoda, and he needs to say mister Miyaki but same whatever, And he needs, you know, because if he has that opportunity, or just find you know, a coach in the team, Yeah Doug Marone or yeah, coach Maroon with blowney sandwiches, get a boney guy Josh and and really you know, watch some film.
Speaker 2: And and and and just work hard each day and and really take this as yours. This is your life. And you could see through his interviews that's how he's gonna treat it. But you know, I would find someone who knows who's seen guys uh in his position succeed and ask them how how can I what do I have to do? That's what I would do. Love that Logan Mankins is local Logan Logan Mankins. What I would do, I would call Logan or you don't. I don't think Logan carries a pham, but I'm sure you can get his address, and I guarantee if he go to his house at three forty five on a snowy day, he'll be He'll be outside shoveling his fucking his big ass yard. You should intern at Logan Mankins's farm. Yeah, that's that's what he should do. Grabbing lane at the YMC A next to Scar Lights over there, somewhere to go do the shootout because I know he loves shoot He's gonna be at the shoot He's gonna be at the shootout. One is going to have Campbell at the shootout. Guarantee, Guarante, guarantee that guarantee.
Speaker 5: He's like we talked about dudes, but sounds like he's plugged into the games with names Lark.
Speaker 3: I know he must he heard the light story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we love it. He followed us right away too, and finally.
Speaker 3: Jewles follow him right away.
Speaker 2: Of course. Okay, that's an identity pick man. Hey, he's what happened to you know, the Chargers. There's a bunch of sexy receivers out there to get for their beautiful quarterback.
Speaker 3: What'd they get? They got Joe Alton, they made the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Hey he's a weapon. He's a weapon, just like Harbaugh said. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Since this is the chill Zone sponsored by our friends at cores Light, Jules, who is one person you'd like to share a cold Corse light with?
Speaker 2: One person to share a cores light with? I think I would like to share a cores light with Tom Hardy. Wow, that's good.
Speaker 3: He's a cool dude.
Speaker 2: You watch Bronson yet, I haven't watched that.
Speaker 3: There's a new He's got a new movie.
Speaker 2: I see on Because when you live in Los Angeles for all the listeners, you know, I'm used to living in Boston and the billboards. I commuted to work, so you see the billboards. Billboards are all like local estaffs primate out here. You can see every when you're driving around. It's like every what movies out? What's this out? And it's crazy. It's crazy what your city's priorities are to. You know, the Jacoby and Myers. Jacobe Myers, he's always out here. They got insurance.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tom Hardy is a badass, Like I read up on that story where he like won a jiu jitsu thing.
Speaker 3: He's a very like the quotes you.
Speaker 2: Hear come out or from what at least I see. I don't know if it is or his quotes, but they say they are. He just seems like a cool dude that like is assault of the earth, simple man, does his craft and then like improves his his being at all times. And I want to know like the motivation of that. I think he'd be a great dude to have a course light with. I love that he's a talented dude. Watch Bronson, like seriously, like I know I need to. You'll fucking love that movie and been watching all this goddamn draft shit. It's fucking hard, all right. I think that's enough. That's enough.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: That was fun. And he's in Mobland right now.
Speaker 3: Mobland, but there's got to start.
Speaker 2: There's a new movie that he's coming out in, like a Netflix one I saw on the It's like Havoc, Havoc, Yeah, havoc cool. Yeah. I like his look, like when he when he gives you that fucking like crazy, fucking I want to kill you look.
Speaker 3: I like that look.
Speaker 1: That thing.
Speaker 2: He's got a cool look. Have you started Mobland yet?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: We need to bro I I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, well that was the chill Zone.
Speaker 2: Thanks to our favorite beer cores like it, Coors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coorslight dot com, slash gwn celebrate responsibly. Well, what a game, and thanks again to Adam Ray. That's been another episode of Games with Names. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, wherever you listen to podcasts, comment a game you want us to do and remember, rate and review and leave us a five star review on Spotify. While you're there those five stars. I need a Fistar. What was that one song?
Speaker 3: I remember there?
Speaker 2: I need a fast I need a fast Spotify on that shit. Remember to follow Games with Names on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 3: Leave a comment on the.
Speaker 2: YouTube full episodes. We'll read the best ones out in future episodes. Those are always fun and alarming. Leave a message on the hotline at four two four two nine one two two nine zero. We'll see you guys next week. Games with Names is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app. Apple Podcasts, wherever you get your podcasts,