Speaker 1: Hey, that folks. It is Saturday, February seventh, and a week ago today was the last time anyone saw Nancy Guthrie, And here we are a week later, and authorities still don't know where she is, who might have her, and even if she is alive or dead. With that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ Roapes. This is the reality of the situation right now. But this is a full week. The sheriff said he believes she's alive only because he has too.
Speaker 2: Yes, he said, until he has evidence proving or showing otherwise, he will continue to believe that she is alive. But certainly we know, and we knew from the beginning that this was a time sensitive situation, especially with Nancy Guthrie, because she had life saving medication she wasn't with. We were told twenty four hours and it could be fatal. Here we are a full week later.
Speaker 1: It's a good point that even if this was a perfectly healthy adult that was kidnapped, the clock is ticking and they will tell you we only have twenty four to forty eight hours. You gotta find them quickly immediately to add all of her issue. It's just man, you're praying, but your heart is getting heavier and heavier throughout this. We want to give you the updates here on Saturday because there are some significant ones and broads. Let's just start with this one. The President of the United States has inserted himself into this investigation in a way now that he's almost robes, promising something soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did promise something soon. So he was on air force. This happened last night. He was talking to reporters, and truly, this is just the topic of all conversations. We're here at the Super Bowl, if you've been listening to us in San Francisco, and where most conversations would be talking about sports and festivities and activities, everyone is talking about this case, including the President. He told this to reporters. We have some things I think that will maybe come out reasonably soon from the DOJ or the FBI or whoever that could be, could be definitive. A lot has taken place in the last couple of hours. A lot of things have happened with regard to that horrible situation in the last couple of hours. And then he went on to say that the investigation is going very well. He said very well, meaning we have some clues. I think they're very strong, and I think we could have some answers coming up fairly soon.
Speaker 3: That's very strong.
Speaker 1: Don't say that he might maybe he knows something, but a lot of it was vague and maybe and I think and Pops and we've got some clues. But Swillard, that is promising something. He has everybody on edge that information is coming.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, And look, we woke up to seeing all this around and I think it happened around nine o'clock Eastern time last night, and that actually gave me hope for answers. It didn't give me hope that it was going to be the answer that I know the Guthrie family and so many people are praying for, because it didn't seem as though that would be an urgency that would feel a little different. They've just got some strong leads. And then we have some other developments that happened throughout the day yesterday that also point in a probably a more concerning direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and to start there with the developments, let's make this one clear first that still no suspect, no person of interest has been identified by the authorities out there. They say, look, not just that we're not telling you all about it. They're saying, we don't have one at this point. The other developments on this and let's go here again. It feels like ransom notes of flying all over the.
Speaker 3: Place these days.
Speaker 2: Yes, so there has been and this was confirmed by police, another new message regarding Nancy Guthrie. That's what they said. That's how they put it out. They said, I'll give you the exact FBI alert. The FBI and Pima County Sheriff's Department are aware of a new message regarding Nancy Guthrie. Investigators are actively inspecting the information provided in the message for its authenticity. That was interesting, and they said they're not sure if it's connected to the other note, Like they don't know if it's the same sender who sent those notes. But this too was sent to KOLD, that local Tusson TV station via email yesterday. Rob.
Speaker 1: This sounds like they have confirmed that multiple people have sent notes without confirming that any note is credible.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 2: I think that is a very good way to put.
Speaker 1: It, because they've already arrested one fool in California for doing a ransom note, so he was responsible for only one ransom demand that was different. The notes are coming to different stations at different times with different deadlines they're looking into and they say they have to take seriously all of them.
Speaker 3: But Ropes have they said that.
Speaker 1: They believe any one of these is from an authentic kidnapper.
Speaker 2: Now all of them say that they are inspecting because in these notes apparently there's information there was One of the notes had something about her Apple Watch and describing her Apple watch, describing what she was wearing. So they are trying to connect what is in this note, this newest note in the other notes and say does this person have information that only a kidnapper or an abductor would have and they don't.
Speaker 1: Part of that as well, Robes is she was photographed more than most eighty four year olds, if you will, because she's hanging with the mom, she's around a mom and Today show. So they were even suggesting that some things you could scour the internet and find pictures and look in the background and what was she wearing?
Speaker 3: Did she have this?
Speaker 1: So they're even having to figure that out Ropes, and of course things can be manipulated, blah blah blah, But Robes, for hell's sake, When did the Sun put out a note?
Speaker 2: It was Wednesday, February fifth, It was Thursday.
Speaker 3: Thursday, and so the family did it the day before.
Speaker 2: Correct, So the family did it Wednesday. He did it Thursday times with that five pm deadline in one of the notes.
Speaker 3: So that tells us at least Robe they were begging.
Speaker 1: He in that video on Thursday did not believe that they had ever authentically heard from a kidnapper. Correct, he's begging please getting contact with us and let us know you have a mom.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Cameron Guthrie confirmed to all of us in his video that they have not heard from the kidnapper even after their plea, even after these notes have been sent. So what does the ki kidnapper do send another note to a TV station? I don't know. I don't know if they have another way. I mean, is there a way for them to directly? Obviously they could call the number from the Sheriff's department. They could call those numbers have been out for crime stoppers in the Pema County Sheriff's Department. But how would a a would be kidnapper directly contact the Guthrie family without wanting to involve law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like if you had thought your damn kidnapping out, you might have had this laid out already. That lends itself to another theory that these notes are not real and something else happened in that house that had nothing to do with a ransom.
Speaker 2: Exactly, wouldn't you leave a ransom note behind in the home itself? And then instead of trying to figure out how to get in contact with the family. None of it makes sense. None of it makes sense. And then hearing what the President Trump said on Air Force One last night, I don't know it just it feels like and look, and on top of that, then seeing them and there could be a lot of reasons why the police cordoned off the street in front of Nancy Guthrie's home. But look, this had been a crime scene. They said it was a crime scene. They removed the crime scene tape, said and returned the property back over to the family. Then they put crime scene tape back up. Then they restricted now the entire road. So it's the FBI is back on the scene. We don't know what they're reinvestigating, but certainly if there is new information, which it sounds like there is they are following up, and it's tough to say it out loud.
Speaker 1: There's a reality of these situations, and the authorities know as well that every I mean you say days, but every minute, every hour that goes by, there's a less likelihood of finding her safe and sound.
Speaker 3: But we're a week in.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're waiting to I think we've gotten to a point where opes, hope can be there. But every update we're waiting to hear, we're we're waiting to hear the worst. Yes, And I guess we're trying to read between the lines of what President Trump was said. He didn't sound hopefully, didn't sound we're going to bring Nancy home kind of a situation exactly. It was more so we might have an update. It shit, I don't know. I don't know what the question was he was asked. Actually did he take the opportunity to announce something or was he just responding to a question.
Speaker 3: I don't know the.
Speaker 2: Way it's put up. And actually I'm looking at NBC's reporting because I trust that because obviously Savannah is in their family, and they I'm sure are extra careful. They're always careful, but extremely careful when it comes to what they're reporting, given who Savannah is and what she means to them. So I'm actually really relying on their reporting, and this is how they put it. Trump says there are some very strong clues in the investigation. That's the headline, and then the ride of is President Donald Trump tonight? This was late last night, said the investigation into finding Nancy Guthrie is going very well. So they just said, he told reporters on Air Force One, we know what those gaggles are like. Usually he's asked questions, and you would think, given the fact that he's already put something on truth Social about this that he said he spoke to Savannah, it would be highly likely that a reporter asked him a question about this.
Speaker 1: But yeah, speaking of robes as we know, and you could imagine to a certain degree, and I think a lot of people who haven't maybe not as close.
Speaker 3: As to the close to the situation.
Speaker 1: I say a situation only in that we know a lot of these people and worked with some of these folks who are being impacted over there at NBC News. Now, I think even if you don't know them well, seeing how they have responded so far, has certainly been admirable. It's been appreciated and endears you to the quote unquote NBC family a little more.
Speaker 3: But folks, stay here.
Speaker 1: We also got another word about how they're having to change their Olympics coverage that also brought a tier to ours.
Speaker 3: Stay here.
Speaker 1: I would continue on this Saturday, February seventh with the date on the search for Nancy Guthrie. President Trump has chimed in saying, and I want to get us his words on in front of me. But the way he put it, we have some things, have some clues, could be getting answers soon.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he said, I think we're doing very well, very well, meaning we have some clues. I think that are very strong, and I think that we could have some answers coming up fairly soon.
Speaker 1: That's from the President of the United States, fairly soon, some answers to a mystery for a full week now.
Speaker 3: He's saying we might have some answers soon.
Speaker 2: And that's significant because I would we know when he says things and when he hints things when he and he does do this, he bread crumbs a lot. Whenever he's either teeing up something announcement, he's going to make or any kind of information he may have. I believe him on this one. That so, I mean we will be on the edge of our seat throughout the next two days, really just waiting for word. But we did get this. Also, I mentioned NBC reporting. NBC has said, and I thought this was somewhat significant that there is a car of interest according to their reporting, that there is a local circle Cave that says police came into law enforcement came into one of their stores in Tucson after receiving a tip regarding a vehicle of interest. They said they were able to provide police with that surveillance video showing this vehicle. So that's the first we're hearing of any kind of vehicle being potentially even identified in this case. I mean, they have had no clues.
Speaker 1: Again, there's a lot of that, and we know we're hesitate sometimes with some of that because there's just so much going on and there's a void of real information in this case. So every little thing does turn out to be significant. We have been watching I mean, if you might have watched the open ceremony of the Olympics yesterday, but competition has been going on for the past several days in fact, and it's been Look, it's always great to watch.
Speaker 3: It's great to just watch the competition.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, ropes every time an anchor comes up, or anytime there's a toss or in that stuff. I don't want to watch it. I want to see the competition. But there's something about Savanna on not being there, just knowing how much they've had to shift things around.
Speaker 3: It's not the priority.
Speaker 1: Even how big of a deal with the Olympics, it's nothing compared to what's going on in Savannah Guthrie's world. But roapes, they've made an adjustment to their schedule, to their anchors, to who's leading all this coverage. And then we had a name thrown at us and we both said, God damn, good job NBC. That lets me know how much of a family you all actually are.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: This gave me chills to see Hoda copy come back out of retirement basically probably saying, hey, you know what I'm here, I got this, I got Savannah's back. Look, you and I both worked there. I shared a dressing room with Hoda for a year. I worked alongside Savannah. And this is a true statement and It's so awesome that I can say this and you can say this having worked there too. It is a family over there. They support each other. And then to see it happen, Hodah is home with her children, made a very big move and she didn't even hesitate, woke up and is filling in for Savannah as a show of support and unity. And I just thought that was one of the most beautiful things. When we heard. We were actually in a car going somewhere and our producers at iHeart told us, oh my god, Hodah's filling in for Savannah, and you and I looked at each other and we it got us emotional.
Speaker 1: Holdah's a special one to me. I love this lady, Okay, but I said, we said, this is not this. Don't need to negotiate. What do you need?
Speaker 3: I'll show up.
Speaker 1: Holda is a very familiar face and to be honest, Robe, she might be in the past several years at least, the most motherly or comforting or or Queen Bee if you will, of the show. And she and Savannah just have different tones totally. They have different tones, they have different feels. They work together so work beautifully. But Holda to see Holdah made me feel good. I felt like I was in good hands. And I don't even watch the Today Show. It was a wonderful thing to see that we went start going through people Robes, just good folks. Craig melvioyn good guy, Savannah, a good woman, hold a good people, l good people.
Speaker 3: These are good, genuinely folks.
Speaker 1: Now, there are plenty of folks we don't have to open our mouths about that we've worked with in this business. But these are ones we're willing to open our mouths about and put and put our and endorse them publicly as good folks. And to see them now rally together as a family, your heart goes out to them, all of them, but Robes. I think it's wildly impressive, and I think it says so much about who they are and who that show is. I love the whole thing set me off. It felt like a big embrace just to see.
Speaker 3: She was back.
Speaker 2: I agree. I know, I love how you put that. It really did somehow ease a little pain and a little anxiety that a lot of people are feeling right now for Savannah. You know, I thought it was pretty cool and NBC put this up. All the people who have commented on that GUS three family video where they are playing for an abductor to make contact with them and directly talking to their mom mommy. But they started putting some of the folks who have chimed in on that particular post on Savannah's website, from Cheryl Crow to Chlobe Kardashian, Kardashian too, Hallie Jackson, Hotocopy, Tina Knowles, Beyonce's mom put a prayer underneath, like this is captivated and I don't want to use that word in some salacious way, but people care from all walks of life, from the biggest stars in the world to the folks who are there, who are her neighbors and everyone that we have run into. They care. They want to see Nancy Guthrie returned home safely because.
Speaker 1: No one, I don't care who you are. There's been some nasty stuff online. Soar if any human being in this country who here is an eighty four year old has been abducted and your first thought isn't what can we do to get this woman home?
Speaker 3: Something's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Your first thought is what she has reported on or what's your So I'm saying rope in some way. Everybody your heart goes out for an eighty four year old, that's part of it. But you brought up the Rob Reiner situation. As shocking as that was, it was shocking, and it happened and it was done. And we're trying to understand a murder. This is a mystery that has continued.
Speaker 3: For a week. What the actual hell is going on?
Speaker 2: You've looked over at me at points during the day and say, where could she be? It is and weird. You know, we're adjacent to this. I cannot imagine this being a family member. The hell that they must be going through. So I'm so happy to see them getting the support and getting the resources they need. And we will obviously stay on this, especially hearing the President is letting us know this could be imminent.
Speaker 3: I think I forgot the extra nugget. Did we mention ropes?
Speaker 1: They're now going back and searching areas that they said they had called off searches for.
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, it's just not a good sign.
Speaker 2: That's not a good sign. And look, we have heard that the terrain around Nancy Guthrie's home is described as rugged, like it's really different cult to navigate imagine cactus and brush and all sorts of sticky, icky, awful things. So this is a tough, rugged area that's rural, and so that's concerning to know that they're looking around those areas. Obviously they'd be searching for a body. You wouldn't be searching for anyone alive in those areas. So it's just, you know, obviously that's deeply concerned.
Speaker 1: Concernly that you Okay, we don't there's no reason to search this area anymore, but now there is, like what is the new thing that's come up that makes them think that there's a possibility now of finding here in an area they say, it's no use in even looking exactly all right, folks, we're gonna stay on top of this to keep a close eye on it today. As always, top right corner of your Apple podcast app where you see our show page. Little button sets follow click that follow click that you can get our updates coming directly to you. We always appreciate you, folks. We will stay on top of this story. But for Amy Robot, I am TJ. Holmes.
Speaker 3: We'll be talking to me also