Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the ks R Pre Show. Billy and the Dude. It's Monday, May fifth. I'm Billy, he's the Dude. And you give us call the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. It's eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Text us at five O two two six five six six five six and is always The KSUR Pre Show is brought to you by Italics fine Italian dining right here in Lexington on Main Street in the city center where I think we're on the air. Our engineer Daniel did some magic right before we walked in. Shannon the Dude having are we having some issues this morning?
Speaker 2: It's Monday, man, it's Monday, of course. I mean does anything ever work around here? I mean, uh yeah, we were about ten seconds or so late getting getting on today, but uh here we are. I think everything's good, all right, good, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're ready to go.
Speaker 2: We're stumbling through it, just like I'll stumbled through my weekend, my horse betting.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, we'll talk all about it today. Today is Sinco de Mayo. Shannon, will you enjoy some tacos later today?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Maybe get some to go Poppies. That's what I will be doing, of course, on this special holiday that we seem to celebrate here in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a shame they don't have chea cheese up and running just yet. Otherwise I'd be hanging out there today. But yeah, sinkle to Mayo. I'll I'll be celebrating later on with the tacover two. How about yourself, You're gonna go, yeah, your hangout there Poppies.
Speaker 1: Literally just said it, Yep, gonna be going to Poppy Sorr. I'm a little rattle here. I'm trying to get the thing sell up here. I understand, I completely understand. This is one of those things where you're producing and hosting at the same time. So enjoy a little Mexican food later today. It is also the start of finals week at the University of Kentucky, Shannon. I don't know if you remember your finals weeks at Lindsey Wilson or at Bellarman, but some professors allow you to put some notes on a note card. They'd give you maybe one sheet, the nicest professors and they'd say, hey, you can have a little cheat sheet. You just have to write it all on this single note card and Shannon, that's when I began to start writing and like five font you know what I mean, like just to get every little detail on there so you can pass your final.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I used to take that approach with every test, regardless if you are allowed you or just cheating. But you know, like they say, if you're not cheating, you're not trying. I used to try really hard in college, so you know, every now and then you'd have to. I've seen people, you know, go to great links to cheat, but it's nice that a professor would actually allow some people to cheat. Like here's your note cards, here's everything you should know already, but we're gonna let you write it down.
Speaker 1: Those are the professors that you remember, the ones that you credit for, you know, helping you the most.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I still have flashbacks of me in college. And I think I've talked about this before. I have this on a regular basis, this this dream where I'm going to I think I had it last night as a matter of fact, where I'm in school. I'm in college right and there's like two classes that I just did not go to all semester. Long just decided, you know what this isn't for me. I didn't go and now I've still got to go another year to make up those college credits. I'm pretty sure I had that dream last night. It pretty regularly, it happens. I don't know why it happens on a regular basis. I'm in college and I just don't go to these two classes.
Speaker 1: And was there ever a class you didn't go to or then you failed to have this these dreams.
Speaker 2: All the time. Don't know why I have it.
Speaker 1: Just an irrational fear.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess. I don't know. It so strange.
Speaker 1: This is a little bit of a taboo of a topic, Shannon. But tell me ways that you would cheat in high school or college. I'll give you a couple. Uh, did you ever have one of those calculators, those TI calculators.
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: You can input a lot of stuff into those calculators.
Speaker 2: Put like the formulas in there. You know you'd have to remember certain formulas for math formulas. Put those in there. Say word.
Speaker 1: Maybe I had a water bottle once and wrote some answers on the inside of the water bottle, Shannon, and then you put the water bottle on the actual desk.
Speaker 2: Seen people do that I saw one guy he would wear glasses, but he'd have his glass case and on the inside of it he had taped to it case. Yeah, So I never did that one. You know, I may have once written down some you know, some answers on like the desk. Gott gotten into it on the desk extra early, and then you just put your arm out, put your forearm over it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And then and then I had a close call one time because the professor comes up and he's like trying to put the paper down and he kind of like nudged my arm out of the way and there was all the answers right there on the desk. Now quickly that covered it back up again, and you did did he see it? Nope?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's a good one. I remember sixth grade there was a bunch of desks that people were just writing all over. Man, you would have thought that was just a notepad right on the good old lean over and just uh just look, that's a that's a classic. But there's several ways that I'm sure that we all got through high school and college, and it's fun to reminisce of those things. It's fun the reminisce of the Kentucky Derby Kentucky Derby one fifty one over the weekend. It's sovereignty that got the wind that went off at seven to one odds. It's a great story, Bill Mott getting his second Derby, journalism finishing second, and one hundred and forty seven thousand people showing up at Churchill Downs over the weekend. Shannon, where did you watch the Derby from?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: At my house party that you did not come to. You were invited. You always said you never invite me to the pullarty. Was said, Billy, you are welcome to come. And I know that you and Mario went over to Churchill Down. So I said, you know, Bullet County is not that far from louisvill Let's just right up the road, just a stone skip. And you called me on the way back and you go, I'm going home. I'm going to Lexington. And I said, well, don't ever ask to be invited to a poon.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, listen. There was a lot more context involved in that phone call that I would like to share now, not much. Mario had to get on a flight at like five am.
Speaker 2: Mario to go to the back gallon Mario your scapegoat Matt.
Speaker 1: And Drew and he's like, I got to get home, Billy, I ain't got time to go to the Shannon of the Dude's house party. But I'm like, I've got to go. I mean, I've said on the air that I'm going to this.
Speaker 2: Should have opened up uber and said there you go.
Speaker 1: Here's right, ubed him back to Lexington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's okay. I'm a little hurt. I'll get over it, but I'll never invite you to a party again.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I need the invite. I want to come all.
Speaker 2: The invite you had, the the invite was there, all right, you didn't come over, So no, no more invites for Billy r Sports.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean I was there from like seven to seven, so it was a long day. It's been a long week. Mario had to get home get some beauty rests. So that is why I did not show up. But I did have a really good time with Mario. I don't know if you saw anyed the pictures. We were posting a lot of stuff. I was worried at first though, because it was pouring down rain when we got there. We got there way too early, maybe three or four hours before we even needed to get there, and I mean we needed that PONN show. I mean it was pouring down and we thought this was going to happen the entire day.
Speaker 2: We were a little down in the dumps.
Speaker 1: Mario's first derby, I thought he maybe expected it was going to be all day. But the rain let up maybe a little bit. It just kind of sprinkled for the rest the day, and I think he had a really good time. He did a good job getting some good interviews, Shannon. I got the jockeys again, stopping the guys in the hallway, the only place that I'm taller than anybody else.
Speaker 2: According to Matt Jones, did you get some good questions in?
Speaker 1: Oh I got some great questions in Shannon. What was your favorite interview? Well, I got the derby winner again. You interviewed the horse. No, no, not the horse, the jockey. Congratulations horse. What did jockey you have to say? Well, I have the interview. Do you want to play a little bit of it? Can we play some of it?
Speaker 2: Shannon?
Speaker 1: Or is it too me to me to play my jockey interview? Here in the first secn?
Speaker 2: How long is it?
Speaker 1: It's a minute forty give.
Speaker 2: Me your best thirty seconds. Okay, I'll give you.
Speaker 1: The first question, because the first question is the best answer of it. It actually was a really sweet answer Junior Alvarado, who won his first Kentucky Derby on Saturday. All Right, you have let me set the scene for a second because I'm in the paddock area of Shannon. I've got this ridiculous red hat on. Did you happen to see the hat that I had over the weekend?
Speaker 2: I'll look you up here.
Speaker 1: I've got this ridiculous newsboy hat on, just kind of like I did last year. And I'm standing in the paddock area and that and the jockeys, you know, they're not like waiting to be interviewed. They're just walking to the locker room before their next race. So you've got to kind of ambush them, Shannon. You've got to kind of guilt trip them a little bit into, you know, walking and talking Hey can I get sixty seconds? You know, hey, can I get one question real quick? A lot of times they've got another undercard to race, so they're trying to get back to the locker room. So you've got to be quick with it. So Shannon, I'm just ambushing random people, trying to look up who's who to see if I can get the jockey's right name. And let's play the interview of a Junior Alvarado. I'll play at least the first question here. All right, I'm in the paddic area with Junior Alvarado. He is on sovereignty later today, are you? Junior?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very well today.
Speaker 3: You know I don't all rain today, so I have to deal with that today, I guess.
Speaker 1: Try to describe the energy when you come down that final turn during the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: What's it like? You know they closests. I'd been as unit.
Speaker 3: It's being four in twenty sixteen, and he's definitely an unbelievable experience. You know, I feel almost like a winner just finishing four that day. You know how the crowd was, you know, I started yelling when when you hit the five sixteen pall and you know, like I said, it is and the contrain that is on the other track where you can experience this like in the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: So how cool is that?
Speaker 1: Shannon? You hear Junior Alvarado say he's only finished fourth in the Kentucky Derby, and and that's almost like winning it for him, the excitement coming down the backstretch. And then later that day he wins on sovereignty. So a glimpse into what the jockeys are feeling before the biggest race of the year in the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: Sure, that is a really cool feeling crossing the finish line and man sovereignty just kind of came out of nowhere in that race. It was. It was really exciting. I thought at one point my Saandman was gonna have a chance, But I don't know where he even fel don't did he even finish in the top three?
Speaker 1: I did, I didn't even see. I know so many people bet that that the odds were so low, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just trying to get my share of that million dollars on DraftKings, on DK horrse That's what I was doing. But it's good you got to interview the jockeys, you know, I gotta tell you though, honestly, I'm glad that you did that because I would not want to be there at Churchill Downs with the rain coming down. I cannot think of a place I would rather have been at less within reason than Churchill downs, because you know, you got to put the suit on, which is not comfortable to begin with. Then you get rained on, so now you're walking around in a wet suit, and then you're you know, you're like me, you don't know what you're doing. It comes to betting, so you're losing your money. You're walking around in a wet suit. I would rather just done what I did, stay home, hang out with friends and lose my money. There. You were not in the minority.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many people I talked to in this company, like in this industry of radio that have like I've been out there, I've done it. I don't need to go out there again. No, and the rain just added to it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's one thing to be at the derby when it's just it's still raining here in Louisville. It' stop raining in three or four days.
Speaker 1: But it's the Derby, Shanny, I don't care. It's the culture of our city. Come on, we mean our city.
Speaker 2: You live in Lexington, but I lived in so many years my home it's Derby weekend. I state what it is convenient for you.
Speaker 1: No, I did have a great time with Mario though, but I I'm I fear he is in the boat that you're in, Shannon. I don't know if we'll ever get Mario back at the derby unless we tell him he's got to go. It's just one of those things. Maybe that you've done it once, you don't have to do it again. But really the story of the week has to be the Oaks. I mean, talk about a great day in this state when it comes to culture and when those Phillies are running. Man, there's not many things better. And ks R h entered the race with the ownership group of simply joking. You know, Shannon, you were a little disappointed. I couldn't get that hat for you. You know, I don't want the hat now. A last place horse, I mean, that horse lived up to its name. Was it was joking last place? It wasn't running, that's for sure. God, the KSR curse is alive. And well we need to burn some sage. I thought we had cleaned this uption and this is an all timer here from the Kasar.
Speaker 2: That's right though. See we own the horse till the end of its career, right, so it's not like that's the as drue. But we're not renting the horse, so we get the horse until the end of its career, which means in theory, the next one it could win, and then we could win some money off of it. You know, I was laughing at the horse too. I was like a grief of all the horses, we picked the last one.
Speaker 1: Of all the horses, you picked the last place one.
Speaker 2: The guys looked good.
Speaker 1: They all had their hats on, Matt and Drew were dressed up. They made their way over to the oaks after the show, and then it.
Speaker 2: Was not very fun.
Speaker 1: There was a little bit of lightning and rain right before it, and then last place, simply joking.
Speaker 2: Here's the way to look at it. It's only gonna get better from here. It can't get any worse. Right, We're on our way up. We're on the uptick. You got to hit rock bottom before you get to the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well I did feel for you guys in the last place finished, but probably best for the show that it finished last, you know what I mean. If it wasn't gonna win, its best that, simply joking, was last, but it was. It was a great time. Big thank you and great job to the team at whas Gus Allen leading the coverage and everybody that did stuff, including Tony Cruz who's getting ready to retire.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Terry Miners normally joins us on the broadcast, but he was nowhere to be found, Shannon.
Speaker 2: He was. He was rubbing it up with the celebrities.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was in I don't know if it was the turf Club of Millionaire's row, but he was where like the celeb of all celebs are you know what I mean? The the Aaron Rodgers, the Chris Tuckers. How did he get in there? I love it, but I don't know all about who?
Speaker 4: You know? Right?
Speaker 1: The ihearn path didn't get you in there because I checked, Shannon. I try to get into all the areas and then they say, what is it that your past says? And I'm like, oh, here you here it is to Lily Billy, you can't get into the turf Club.
Speaker 2: I love that. So yeah, I hear that. The the drinks were twenty two dollars for all the the peasants out there, but then people in like your situation got to drink them for free. Right, That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: You get a media pass, you can get into quite a few different areas. I'm not talking like the speakeasies that Ryan Lemon has access to at Churchill Downs.
Speaker 2: But so you had do you had two lilies and you were toast. So is that your new name? Do you want to change it? Do you want to pivot from two most Ability to Derby Week too?
Speaker 1: Lily Billy? I think that's very festive. I'll do it just for Derby Week. But you know I made sure I did all my work, Shannon before we did any partaking. You know, some are starting to drink at Julips at like ten thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: And really not me, and I wasn't even working. Well.
Speaker 1: How was your Derby party, man, I mean, you're giving me a crap for it, but it seemed to be having a good time when I called you.
Speaker 2: It was the place to be. And I'll tell you like the party, though next to me, was was much bigger than my party. My party was just like you know, close friends, small circle, kind of like we were talking about last week. You know, how many true friends do you have? Maybe ten, eleven, twelve something like that, So it was like it was a small get together, but My favorite part of the the neighborhood parties that were going on. The neighbor to the right side of me had a big party. I'm talking about, you know, maybe fifty sixty people, cars parked in the front yard.
Speaker 1: Everything, you know, the whole thing. A lot of true friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and or people just wanting to come over and you know, bet on the horses and do it with a bookie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the best part was the neighbor to my left, just one guy that lives there by himself. He would go over my back you know, across my backyard, go over to the neighbor's house, bet on the horse. He would win like one hundred dollars at a time. He come back, he'd watched the race at my house. Then he'd walk back across my backyard, go to my other neighbor's house, collect this one hundred dollars, place a bet on the next horse race, come back to my house, watch the race. Horse wins again. So he ended up collecting like six hundred dollars. The neighbor on my left collected at six hundred dollars off the neighbor to my right and just kept going across my backyard and now go up there he goes again. He won, like I think he won like five or six races.
Speaker 1: It was crazy them out he was on a heater.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they had to shut down the party because he took all their money. So I like to think that my neighbor to the left basically bankrupted the party to my right.
Speaker 1: And they're not speaking for a while, you know what I mean, Like there may be a little animas.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that my home separates the two because you know, if they were side by side, there were probably some evil looks.
Speaker 1: There's gonna some ten the next few months. Yeah, I mean he did it legally, right, Yeah, spard of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At one point he won so much money that they didn't want to pay him out. I'm like, well, you got to pay him out. He won like I think he won like three hundred off one race.
Speaker 1: Just a sharp living next to you over there and walks across your yard every ship.
Speaker 2: I should have followed all his bets because he had it down and I was losing everything so well.
Speaker 1: The Kentucky Joe Trifecta Superfecta that I put in didn't hit either. Did enjoy his hit on KSR though last week where he picked the favorite and then didn't give us a Derby horse. But you know what, it is, Kentucky Joe's week, and it marks the end of Kentucky Derby Week. We'll wait for the Preakness State. I guess in two weeks, Shannon. We'll no word if Sovereignty will run in it. But you've got to run in the Preakness, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, yeah, I would think so right, you got that great news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta, you gotta at least try it. But Sovereignty comes in at seven to one. Give us a call, an a eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven. How is your Derby Party? How was your week? And now we we really transition to the summer show. Shannon, is you ready? You're ready for nonsense? You're ready for Doctor Dave's ultimate prep to carry this show for the next couple months.
Speaker 2: It's been carrying this show as far as I'm concerned, for like the last two months already, as soon as we wrapped up with basketball season. Yeah, so we got we got a little bit of basketball news with Travis Perry moving on and selecting a new school. And we'll get into that in a whole lot more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. We've got plenty on the docket today. Give us a call, So Texas five o two two six five six six five six. It is the show before the show. The KSR appreciate, welcome back. It is Billy and the du Dude. You're on a Monday edition. Okay, so our pre show eight five to nine two eight oh two two eight seven. If you'd like to give us the call if you're not first your last wise words from Ricky Bobby and maybe the mantra of the ownership group of simply joking after the Great Oaks race over the week. Also, Frank says on Twitter odds that Billy R Sports would go to the Derby if it wasn't a paid gig.
Speaker 2: Low Yeah, very low, Yeah, I think maybe truth. I'll tell you what thing I'm not paying to go, that's for sure not me.
Speaker 1: Twenty two dollars drinks. They have to get a little taste of the finer life when it's free.
Speaker 2: It's a so if it's like a hundred bubbies right there, there's like one hundred bucks to get into the infield, what is it to get into like the normal, like the seating.
Speaker 1: Oh you want like a box and the grand stand or I mean.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know, just a place to sit where I can watch the.
Speaker 1: Oh you want a place to sit? Keep dreaming, Shannon, keep dreaming.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you can't hit all those seats? You can't find a place to sit.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's tough. On Derby Day, I mean one hundred and forty seven thousand people showed up for the event, so I mean all the spare benches are taking up pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: But I mean you're right.
Speaker 1: The infield's like over one hundred dollars to even buy tickets, and that's just like a completely different environment. That's like when you're at a concert. So it's it's a lot of fun, but maybe there's a little truth to it. It's a little bit more fun when you're getting paid to do it. Eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven Shannon Pelle Tell me about DraftKings. What do they get going on?
Speaker 2: Well, we're shifting back to the NBA playoffs, and you can bet on it right now with promo code KSR. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. I don't know if you watched any of the games yesterday, but well there's only one game yesterday, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Game seven?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got of course all the next round games coming up. You can bet it with DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NBA, with live betting player props, fast and easy payouts all on DraftKings. Bet five dollars, get two hundred promo code KSR. If you have a gambling problem, call one of donnerd Gambler eighteen plaus Kentucky Only. Eligibility restrictions apply. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Its t additional terms and Responsible gaming Resources seed ng, dot co, slash Audio.
Speaker 1: We have a short segment here, so we'll talk more about Travis Perry in the next segment. But Shannon, we will go up until ten am before we hand it off to Matt and Drew and Mario who are in Scottsdale, Arizona for the bet Gala presented by Barstool Sports and DraftKings And does anybody figure out what this actually is?
Speaker 4: Shannon?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess are they going to be doing in this bet gala.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess they figured it out since they're there, But I have no idea why they're in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Well, Barstool knows.
Speaker 2: Honestly. They just hop on a plane and go, We're going to Arizona. We don't even know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they get you all the way across the country for an event that you really don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: But that's one trip I'm glad I'm not on. I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the one trip I wanted to be on. Shannon, I am extremely jealous of the guys being there right now because Matt and Drew got to play TPC Scott Still the golf famous golf course where they have the stadium hole, which they played on it yesterday, where they don't have the grand stance. I guess they take the stands off for it. But Shannon, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to get some information out of our guys when the show starts it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: We played the one of the best rounds of his life. Matt shot in eighty three after he said he wasn't gonna put anything within five feet. I need you to keep the guys on just a little later today when they talk about their.
Speaker 2: Golf from yesterday, well we'll find all about it. I don't know if Mario was playing too or if he was just documenting the entire I don't think Mario was there. I saw him at the in and out burger, Shannon, Oh, so they just left Mario at the in and out. You know what, I honestly, I'd rather be at the in and out.
Speaker 1: It overrated or good?
Speaker 2: It's great. You get the fries, and you gotta get them animal style where they put the sauce on it all that. Oh yeah, that's so good. We gotta get one of those in Kentucky. One's coming to Nashville, I think, though, right, what's.
Speaker 1: Coming as it's coming as east as.
Speaker 2: Nashville, I think. So we have to fact check myself on that, but I believe.
Speaker 1: So okay, I think it is all right a little overrated, but it's uh.
Speaker 2: Not overrated.
Speaker 1: The burger sucks. Burger fries are good, the burger does not suck. Pretty average experience, all right, we'll take a break. Pretty average, Well, we'll be very.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It is the ksrpre show A five nine two two eight seven. Join us here on a Monday as we'll talk a little UK sports here and recap the derby. The stars were out over the weekend and one star had an allergic reaction had to leave the television booth. Mike Turco had to unexpectedly step away for a second, and after some reporting, it was found out he had ate something with some peanuts in it. Shannon, And when you have a peanut allergy, you've got to take that stuff pretty seriously. So Mike had to step away. It was an odd moment for people watching the broadcast. But just one of the many stars that was out there yesterday, Mark Pope, Trent, Noah, will Levis, Wandel Robinson, Carmelo, Anthony was out and about your guy, Aaron Rodgers was there and uh, the famous cook, I don't know how fiery. Yes, he was there with the Xavier Loget, the Carolina Panthers receiver, who is if you ever heard the guy talk, it is amazing to listen to him to talk. There was an interview with Guy and Xavier. They were talking about cooking raccoon.
Speaker 2: Oh raccoon why would you cook at raccoon that's roadkill.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta eat what you hunt. And he is somebody that hunts raccoons, and he's got a very secret raccoon recipe. That guy that was guy was trying to get out of him. He would not give him the secrets. But would you ever eat a little raccoon?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I would. Anything that's a rodent, I don't want to eat it. I mean anything that's uh, you pass dead on the side of the street on a regular basis, I'm not. I'm not doing that well.
Speaker 1: I mean I've seen dead deer on the side of the road, but I've had some.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you're right about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta gotta eat a squirrel every now and then, Shannon to survive.
Speaker 2: I have had squirrel before poor, believe it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's something you can get with like a BB gun or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I'll try it.
Speaker 1: I mean it could probably be prepared well, I'm sure it could be prepared pretty poorly too.
Speaker 2: I'm probably not eating possum. So okay, that's where you draw the line. So right, Raccoon is the possum.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I think I'm good with raccoon but not possum for some strange reason, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, no logic. Everybody's got their line. I guess that they're they're not willing to cross, and yours is I will eat a raccoon, but not a possum.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's mine. Okay, Yeah, I bet you wouldn't know the difference. I bet if I had. Oh, shut up, do you would know? You're difference possum in a roud?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You're talking about if I just ate it? Yes, of course.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know a road, I'd be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking about if you were to eat meat of a possum and meat of a raccoon, you would not be able to tell the difference.
Speaker 1: It's a great it's a great thought because I probably wouldn't because I've had neither. But I'm drawing the line. I'm not gonna have the possum. I'm gonna have the raight coon. Let's talk about Travis Perry, though he has found a new home. The all time leading scorer here in high school in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, will now be playing at Old Miss with Chris Beard. We'll expect to maybe a roup arena matchup as Kentucky went to Oxford last year. So you think of return games in order. But what do you think about Travis Perry not going to my Hilltoppers? He'll actually stay in the SEC. A little bit surprised that he stayed in the SEC. He's still gonna have to guard all these players in the SEC. Maybe get a little bit he will maybe get a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more playing time. But I still have my doubts as to like how much he's not gonna start at Ole Miss? Is he? I wouldn't think so.
Speaker 1: I think he might.
Speaker 2: You think he'll started Ole Miss.
Speaker 1: I think there's a chance. I mean, Chris Beard and Old Miss. You can't defend anybody though, I mean, I mean there's a lot of people that play that can't defend right. You just have to make it out offensively. He's got to become, you know, that high volume shooter that can make make a lot of shots. And I mean, you're right, he has trouble defending. He can get a little better at that. But Ole Miss and Chris Beard were in on his recruitment even in high school, so they were really high on the kids, so I think that they have a role definitely carved out for him. Whether he'll be starting or not, I'm not sure. He's still a little young, but this is what I feared, channing him staying in the SEC. I think Vandy was another big player for him, and he might come into Upperena and might just drop fifteen points on us. But ultimately, that's a guy that was looking for some time to play, and I can't fault the kid for wanting that, you know what I mean. He's a competitor at heart, and while I think many wanted him to stay at Kentucky, he wants to go and prove himself.
Speaker 2: And let's not act like Nil didn't play a big part in this too. I mean, if you believe the numbers, he got paid pretty well to go to Ole Miss, So that's true.
Speaker 1: You know, I think the market was a little bit higher than maybe we thought. Mum, some of these teams that were rumored to be in for Travis Perry, including Vandy and Cincinnati, and oh, he'd have been perfect in West Maryland. You've been perfect, Dante Allen two point zero. But wishing him the best for all his games in Ole, Miss except one. I guess when he comes to Rapperina.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna boo him when he comes in. He can't do a Kentucky guy, right. I don't think that goes back to that conversation we had a few weeks ago. Once a cat, always a cat, Travis Perry. After one year, Kentucky guy stayed here for one year. He's still a cat though, Right, that's what everybody says. Once a cat, always a cat. Yeah, I mean to a degree, right, to a degree, you know, either is or he isn't. There's no to a degree.
Speaker 1: There's there's a middle ground with this a little bit. I mean, this is a guy that's a Kentucky legend. I mean he did it. He's playing varsity as a seventh grader.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, okay, so that he's always a cat, then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say Travis Perry's always a.
Speaker 2: Cat, all right. I just want to make sure everybody's consistent on this, because you know, I think sometimes our fan base wants to pick and choose between They want to say once a cat, always a cat. They go, oh, no, those guys that left and went to Arkansas, they're not Cats. Well, I mean they were here for a season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it feels different to me a little bit, you know, doesn't it feel a little different Travis going Ole miss compared to DJ Wagner going to Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're following their coach that they played for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the coach that left us at the altar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're playing for the same coach. Lied TV a lot of Again, we love to think as fans that these players come to Kentucky because it's the University of Kentucky and all the history and the national championships and all that stuff. We need to have like a reality dose of reality and realize that a lot of these players are going to play for the coach. A lot of players were with Calipari. I mean that right, there's the perfect example. The big z come to Kentucky because it was Kentucky or because he wanted to play for coach Calipari. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, now he left he just loved to he just transferred to Yeah, but you know, at the time, I think he wanted to play for Calipieri. And I even think that narrative's changed to guys are going to where they're getting paid the most money, right where they're going to where they're going to get starting time. So I think that has even changed over the last few years. But part of Mark Pope is bringing that back to a degree, right, I mean bring part of Mark Pope is these guys having a mess gratitude and saying playing for the front of the jersey and not the back. And so while it's a cliche and it's something that doesn't happen as much nowadays, maybe that is starting to return a little bit with Mark Pope.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the jerseys. I saw a video, I guess over the weekend of Colin Chandler working out and he had those dentim shorts on. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: Yes, that has to be maybe an unintentional tease that we're gonna get those. Maybe they don't do it in the CBS Sports Classic when they play Patino.
Speaker 2: Do they? I mean, I don't know why not, Like, when's the perfect time to I mean, I got the dent, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe you want to honor that at rupp Arena, but that that might be the perfect time. Uh eight five nine two two two eight seven. Channel Let's take our first call today, who do we have a Let's get to Joe.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, Hey Joe, Thanks, thank y'all. UH. One thing on Travis. Good for him if he if he goes to Mississippi, he's going to be expected to play defense. And and this coach is known to get guys to play defense, coacht Beer. So if Travis can guard ain't body the SEC, he's definitely going. I don't think he'll ever start for Ole miss But my gosh, if you can get twenty twenty five miss a game, that would be unbelievable for him and good for him. Hopefully he got a big payday and and our Celtics. Let's hope that somehow Indiana obsess. I don't know if they can do it because they got the great player from Louisville on that team. Cleveland does Missile, so it's gonna be hard. But if they could get upset, then Boston could be New York. They would have home court against the obviously the Indiana Pacers. Ye. Last year I watch you a playoff game in in in Minneapolis, and my gosh, you talked about a great facility for basketball that Indian has, one of the best of the NBA. So hopefully the Celtics can get by in New York and U and then it would be a great surge gainst Indiana. That shit you all day, joe Ye.
Speaker 2: Nicks and Celtics tonight Game one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be a fun series. Jalen Brunson that big game winner to clinch it for the Knicks. And then we also have Nuggets thunder as well, a little SGA versus Jokic. H Shannon. But speaking on Travis Perry for just another second, I think you would be doing a disservice to this roster if you kept Travis Perry on it and did not take a player that you thought would give you more I guess of a role or you know, help your roster even more than you would think Travis Perry, would you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 1: You don't keep him on the roster just because he's a Kentucky kid and he might work out maybe a year or two down the line. You try to get the best players possible and if there's you know, if he's the odd man out, so be it. I don't think you just catered because of the state that he comes from, right.
Speaker 2: Right, But you're saying that you know, Pope's gonna go out and try to get somebody better than Perry. Well, of course he would try to, but at the end of the day, is going to be the thirteenth. So it's gonna be somebody that, you know, maybe a fifth year guy just wants to be a part of Kentucky, realizes they're not gonna get a whole lot of playing time. That's that's probably the type of player that Pope's gonna go after, right for your thirteenth guy, he's not gonna play thirteen guys in a game.
Speaker 1: I mean he might, man, I mean, he's crazy enough to I've heard him say this that he's gonna get the most out of his roster.
Speaker 2: You have a thirteen come on, I mean, if he's up forty points, he might go, you know, empty the bench. But it's gonna have to be a player that realizes you're not going to get that many minutes at all. Being that thirteenth guy.
Speaker 1: Well, look, we said for pretty much the first half of the year, when is he get to tighten his roster? When is this going to happen? But when these injuries popped up, it was actually, you know, a good thing that he had given Colin Chandler some playing time and cat some guys in a little bit longer, like Brandon Garrison. He flourished into a player that was really important for you and is going to be crucial for you this year. I mean, especially with Jayden Quainton's coming back from injury. Brandon has got to be you know, he's got to be huge early on in the year.
Speaker 2: Pope's calling him a superstar. He says he's a superstar. So we'll see if he has a breakout year this year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Hi two two eight seven, Shannon, did you watch you on Netflix?
Speaker 2: I did. I finished it, and I figured we would give everybody one extra day because I know we mentioned that we were going to talk about it today, but just in case anybody over the weekend didn't get the chance to watch it, we're going to give you one last day and then we're going to talk about it tomorrow. So spoilers and everything tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 1: The end of the final season of You You on Netflix, we were going to recap it all tomorrow here on the KSR pre show without.
Speaker 2: Without saying it, without any spoilers, I'll just ask you this, Yeah, satisfying ending yes or no? No? No, okay no, okay. Out of satisfying.
Speaker 1: I thought I liked the season overall. The ending, I've got some issues with it. I don't want to give anything a.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk about it tomorrow. I just wanted to know, like your overall big picture, did you like the way it ended? Yes or no? You say no, I did, actually, but we'll talk more about it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It took a couple left turns to a couple good twists. I thought they did a good job. But ending. We'll talk about the ending tomorrow. A five nine two two two, age seven, Shannon, is there a sponsor?
Speaker 2: We need to get to here more. But yeah, you know, I was talking about my Derby party. You weren't there, so you wouldn't know, but we were all drinking some silk velvet whiskey. H Historic Brand Revive first craft it back in eighteen eighty in Henderson, Kentucky. Then prohibition came along and it didn't exist for over one hundred years. But the Hargess family has brought it back one hundred and seven proof, aged at least six years, age to perfection and bottle for Bold, Kentucky, flavor with a smooth, velvety finish, now available in liquor stores. You can go to their social media accounts and they've got a spreadsheet where you can see every location where you can find Silk Velvet Whiskey. Can also go online to Silk Velvet Whisky dot com and distribution continues to grow, so keep an eye out for it. Tone and tone and style is top notch. We're talking about not just your ordinary bourbon. This is a top tier bottle that is great for special occasions, just like the Derby party over the weekend. Bold, smooth, and unapologetically Kentucky. That is Silk Velvet Whiskey.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take a break, be right back. One segment left here on the ksarpre Show. Welcome back. It's our final segment of the ksrpre Show. K as our As Next, it's Billy and the Dude right now, and the Kentucky baseball team was swept at Mississippi State over the weekend. It's the first time they've been swept since twenty twenty three. Their RPI has fallen from twenty nine to thirty eight, and they only have two weekend series left, so it was not a good showing for the team over the weekend, dude.
Speaker 2: No, not for them, and softball team getting swept as well against Texas, So yeah, not a great weekend for the Batcats.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No, it's almost like they're playing with a crack in their windshield right now.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, And if you have a crack in your wind shield, you need to call up Right Way Auto Glass. They make a repair easy and they do same and next day service as well as mobile service, so they'll actually come to you. You can call right Way Autoglass directly. Could be a real pain trying to get a hold of your insurance company, but if you call right Way Autoglass first, they will handle the insurance claims process for you. They make it that easy and they are locally owned and operated and combined generational skill with cutting edge technology. To repair your broken glass the right Way Right Way Autoglass team members or experience, licensed and insured. They start with integrity and then with five star service. Visit Rightway Autoglass dot com. That's our Way Autoglass dot com or give them a call at eight five nine, five two three ten ninety eight.
Speaker 1: The oldest person in the world is Ethel Caterham of London, England. She is one hundred and fifteen years old, one hundred and fifteen, and recently she gave the secrets of her long life Shannon, and then I thought of you with her answer, are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Let's go?
Speaker 1: She said she lived to be one hundred and fifteen by never arguing with anyone, listening, and doing whatever she wants.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, don't do what you're told, do what you want. Life's too short right now. I like that though. I like that answer.
Speaker 1: I think there was a woman that was getting close to the one hundred age mark in Louisville and her secret was drinking a.
Speaker 2: Doctor pepper every day. Is that right?
Speaker 1: I also like this never arguing, listening, and doing whatever you want. I think that's a great way of staying happy and not being overstressed. Right, I mean that makes sense now. I saw this story, but I thought that she passed away. You're telling me she's still kicking. She became the oldest person at one hundred and fifteen because a Brazilian nun sister, Na Kinnebaro, passed away. Wow, one hundred and sixteen, I.
Speaker 2: Got you, okay, So she passed away. So now she's one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifteen's now the record.
Speaker 2: Wow, what are we getting fifteen? Me and you? Yeah, I'd be happy. I guess to get to ninety.
Speaker 1: So, like, what's expectancy now? Is it like sixty five? Seventy gets older than that?
Speaker 2: Like, well, it's different for men and women, but no, I think it's what would.
Speaker 1: You say I was sixty five seventy? I think it's a little bit longer than that. Ryan's getting close. I can start getting worried.
Speaker 2: For the girl. Let's see in the United States, the average life expectancy, it says, for both sexes, male and female, seventy seven years old.
Speaker 1: I guess for both seventy seven? Yeah, okay, do you think we can make it to seventy seven? Did your lifestyle that you're living Shannon? I don't well, I mean you can't do this forever? I guess, right, OVW And that's the average okay. So here it is specifically broken down, So for men, the life expectancy is seventy four okay, and for women it's eighty. Oh the women live longer. That makes sense. We do some stupid things, right, yeah, always looking and getting into seventy four.
Speaker 2: Though, man, I mean it doesn't seem that old.
Speaker 1: Seventy four that's all average, that much farther than seventy which.
Speaker 2: Was what I guessed you said, sixty five, I think. But seventy yeah, still though, I mean that's kind of young. I mean, it's it's not young, but you know what I mean, like, it's not like ancient. You're seventy five years old, it's not that not that old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Kind of scary, man, it is.
Speaker 1: Start getting all the years that's taking off our lives. When equipment doesn't work or we have some issues.
Speaker 2: I try out to stress out. Stress, I think is the number one killer.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Start by Ethel here is one hundred and fifteen. Because she does whatever she wants. There is no stress in her life, right.
Speaker 2: Right, What's what she got to worry about? Especially when you get to that age.
Speaker 1: There is an age where you just stop caring about anything, right like you just you go to the gym and you're just button aked walking around the locker room. Who cares what anybody.
Speaker 2: Has to say?
Speaker 1: Let's go to a call Shannon, who's next here, Mark Anthony, Hey, Mark.
Speaker 5: Hey, Billy Hay saying, and hey, y'all, are y'all are about me at seventy four for men, dude, I'm seventy one now. That gives me like just a couple of Christmases quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you might as well go do what you want to do. Stop worrying about everybody else.
Speaker 5: I think so, and Billy, if not arguing is the key to long life. It's been good knowing you, bro. Hey, As far as Travis Perry, can, we have a show of hands amongst the three of us, raise your hand. If you did not think TP would be moving on after the end of this season, my hands up.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't think that he would leave last day of the travel.
Speaker 5: I was sure he would be he would be going at the end of this season. But anyway, I wish him the best. If he comes in to RUP and drops fifteen on us, I just hope his fifteen ain't the difference in the game. And congratulations TP, and have a good life. And that's about it. We'll talk to you'all later.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for the call mar life. He'll be back.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll honor him. In some way. I'm fine with him dropping fifteen. If he drops twenty five, though, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is because then, well, our fan base, you know, it's like, you know, you know what the narrative would be in that situation.
Speaker 1: And any guy that's struggling at that time becomes a scapegoat. Right, why did we take this guy and not keep one of our own?
Speaker 2: Shannon?
Speaker 1: Tell me about draftings. I wish I could bet on that.
Speaker 2: On draftkas Hey, you can bet on the NBA action again tonight. Like I said, the Nicks and the Celtics will be playing and some other games as well. Bet it with promo code KSR on DraftKings. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. If you're a new customer only on DraftKings, the Crown is yours. Gambling problem Call one two hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply and new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's for additional terms and responsible gaming resources ce DKNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be in Owens Burrow later this week at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. We'll have plenty more shows before that, though. I had a good time recapping the derby with my man, Shannon the Dude. I'm Billy Rutlich. This has been the KSR pre show. KSRS next from Arizona, and we will talk to you tomorrow