Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: A Why oh hey, guys missed the show? What are you crying about? No more pennies? I thought they were from heaven, so said Sarah. If you've never seen a bit, this is like going back to the two thousands, there was an early like YouTube skit ass pennies. Oh yeah, I remember that classic. If you don't know what we're talking about, looking up later. How about pee Wee Herman? Remember that that little segment they did Penny Hello, my name is Penny? Yes, of course, yeah, not anymore. Discontinue Penny gone, Cavino and Rich. I'll be talking about pee Wee Herman, I'll say later this hour we get into weekend hob nobbing.
Speaker 3: What you need to watch nor the.
Speaker 2: Sports and entertainment the Alamo right now live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, and the hottest Rookies, biggest superstars, and all time greats. The only place to collect them all is Panini Trading Cards, the official trading card of The Dan Patrick Show. For instant classics, photographed cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start to continue your collection now at Panini America dot net. So if you're willing to walk past the penny rich as we say goodbye today, I told you I saw Cecilia Guante. He was a pitcher for the Pirates Yankees baseball card, and I walked right by.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: There's not one player. There's not a met you would stop for and pick it up and give it to your son. Trash on the ground, trash just because on the ground doesn't make a trash. If you if I saw Don Maddingly sitting there, I'd be like, oh, no way, you'd pick up a dirty baseball buy in the world, wouldn't you. Would you pick up a one dollar bill? Yeah, exactly, you would, answers yes. So if you there's gotta be a limit where you would actually stop and pick it up. So you wouldn't stop for a Howard Johnson, stop for a Ray Knight, a George Foster about a Darryl strawberriery. This is a silly question. A Dwight Gooden rookie card, but you know, serious dance, so there's no surprise he wouldn't stop for a penny. This guy wouldn't pick up I'm trying to think of a good met that is even worthy a Wan a Wan Soto, Jim Mint Rookie, someone dropped it out of their car, that'd be on the ground because.
Speaker 3: Someone, Hey, why were the other ones?
Speaker 2: I'm walking? I was walking down the street. And this says true story. As my buddy used to say, if I'm lying, I'm dying. You wouldn't stop and pick up a Wan Soto, even even though he's completely trash right now and it belongs in the trash, by the trash God, you wouldn't stop and pick it up. No, Well, then I'm not surprised. I mean I can't imagine it. Then why would you pick up a penny? But baseball cards, Davis, Baseball cards are back in a big way.
Speaker 3: Too good to stop, Dicky.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Wan Soto, we've talked about it quite a bit on our show in the afternoon this past week or so.
Speaker 3: You know, people gotta lay off.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know how he shuts people up. It's one word, hustle, that's it. But he's not even doing that. But he's not doing the bare minimum for the East Coast baseball fans, because I know more East Coast people are attitude bro loving baseball. But there are two former Mets that are of the top five maybe legends in the team organizational history, had rough starts and people thought they didn't care. And that's Keith Hernandez when he came from Saint Louis and it was very clear, you know, Keith doesn't want to be here. And then here's two major difference squads. Mike Piazza. Yeah, when he came to the Mets, initially was like stacked team, that's in first place, So why the pouty face. That's a difference. And I don't know, his seven hundred and sixty five million dollar fifteen year contract way different than Piazza and Keith Hernandez. I mean, dude, that's we're terrible. When Keith Hernandez got there, that was their reputation two months into a fifteen year deal. RelA, No, I look, I get it, I get it. Prisoners of the moment, but lots to get to this hour, we're giving away prizes. We're gonna play last one standing the game to sweeping the nation, doing some trivia here on the show, giving away our steamless steel water bottle, the Swiggy listen out for that plus weekend hob nobbing like we said what you need to get to, what you need to watch this holiday weekend as we remember an honor the people that served and died for our country. So thank you guys very much. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend, and let's get into this Joey chorus store. I'm sorry, Alex Corus say Joey because I was an American League guy who always remembers Joey Coorra, the Seattle Mariner. And you know what, I would stop to pick up his baseball car, just for the record, Just for the record, Alex Korra, I'm Joey Cora had better stats than Alex Cora. Alex Cora just a better manager. I bet you probably liked Ozzie can say go better. Cavi knows a big billy record fan. Yeah, I was a big billy guy. Yeah, Kim, you know a bigger fan of Jeremy Giumbi Alex Cora. And this story hasn't gone away. It's a couple of days old. I bring it up because I thought by now people get.
Speaker 3: Off as waves get off his sack goal.
Speaker 2: Alex Cora responds to criticism over missing a Red Sox game for his daughter's graduation now I get it more so than ever. We live in a world, I would say, even post COVID, where maybe even your boss is more about like, hey, if you need a mental health day, and companies are very sensitive about like if you need time for you. You know, we're a company that promotes you know, family and you know balance. That's a big narrative in the workforce. Now we know this right And you know, maybe your Grandpapy would have missed the birth of his child to work in a factory because they had to write that was like the old timey time way now and.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it.
Speaker 2: We went from two generations ago where your grandfather probably wasn't there for the birth of his kids. Well, some people don't get paid if they don't work too, that's a fact I'm saying. Nowadays, you know, grown men take months off for paternity leave. So to say that life has in change would be just inaccurate. But Alex Cora is the manager of a legendary franchise, Boston Red Sox. His daughter, however, graduated and there was criticism because he made the call within the organization to miss Monday's Red Sox Mets game based on his daughter graduating. Now there's a layer here that's funny. It's not like his daughter went to you know, Syracuse or Texas Tech or you know, UCLA and he had to travel. His daughter goes to BC, which is right in Boston, the Red Sox, right, it's.
Speaker 4: In the suburbs. A little train right away, I've done it. It's a nice little train.
Speaker 3: But this matters.
Speaker 2: Matter is close because the daughter's graduation was in the town, and the graduation was at ten am, and the Red Sox game was at like you know, the seventh and start time.
Speaker 5: So but but there's so many festivities.
Speaker 3: Rich, No, I know, I'm not nolex Coret.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm always on the side of listen, your kids always have to take priority. In fact, for the people that that's for the average fella, you know, because a lot of times it's just the job.
Speaker 3: This is my job.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 2: This guy has a high profile job where you know, there's fifty thousand plus fans there to root you on and millions watching at home. It's a it's a little different. You have a bit more of a responsibility. I'm not saying he's or what he's doing is more important than anyone else. But there's a different level of commitment and service and expectation when you're getting paid millions of dollars, however, show up for a few hours to manage game. However, I I my mind tells me that when you are of that stature, you allot yourself a little more freedom. And he has the ability of anything to be like, yeah, Cora, I'm a big league manager with success.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take the day off, Like, oh, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: Although I agree with you, right, there's expectations and priorities and things in life. It wouldn't be a story if this was commonplace. It's not all the time where the manager of the team is like, yeah, I'm dipping out today. Well, first of all, I want you to listen to Alex Cora and I don't even think this is much of a story, but it is, which is why I bring it up.
Speaker 6: And you're like, Wow, this is really happening, and to be able to enjoy it with the whole family. You know, Nilda was here, Jerry l was here, you know, so everybody in the same room just celebrating her. It's amazing. You know, somebody dropped the Loyl. Next time we get together as the wedding, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, hold on, who is that Seth Rogan? Now it goes on. If you want to keep that club going, it goes on. And he said, she wanted me there right.
Speaker 6: Easy, but tremendous, tremendous.
Speaker 3: It was a great day. It was Anna day.
Speaker 7: Just I either go to the graduation, which I mean he could have rushed out of there, and you ever, just to enjoy.
Speaker 5: The whole day.
Speaker 6: She wanted me to be with to be with her and she it was her day. So this is secondary.
Speaker 2: This is secondary. It was my daughter's day. This is secondary. Sweet, and it makes sense, and I get it. Think of all the sacrifice he probably made in his life and missed out on so many key events and birthdays and important things, and this is one thing she wanted him to be there for, so he had to prioritize. You know, I think a lot of times we forget how human these people are, especially your boy. We were just making fun of Wan Soto. He's a young man getting booed at by fifty something thousand people. Human side of things we forget when it comes to athletes. So I'm sure Alex Kora felt in his heart of heart, It's like, you know, there's so many times I haven't been there, and I've been on the road, and I prioritize baseball. This is the one time I have to be there for my daughter, especially that she wants me there. Listen, there's a lot of things. We've had a shift in our way of things. I was gonna say, there's a lot of things in society that you could argue, like, man, we've gone in a weird direction.
Speaker 3: I think what happened to me.
Speaker 2: I think one of the things we've done to go in a good direction is prioritize these things.
Speaker 3: But you can't be at everything. That's the other thing.
Speaker 2: But the old school mentality was like work, work, work, work, work. Where misses an assembly or something at school, he feels bad about it. I'm like, dude, you're working. You can't expect to be at everything. It's just impossible. I mean, not everything. But the reality is, I think people more so than ever, realize that for most a job is just a job unless you're the business owner or you have this regardless accounting, missing something for his kids graduation is different than Alex core missing a major League game that he gets millions of dollars. It doesn't matter that the Red Sox beat the Mets that day and the bench coach did just fun makes it a lot easier, right, Yeah, it makes it a better day for sure, for the whole family. But again I had a shift in thought and thinking as well when it came to this stuff.
Speaker 3: Rich and I had a great opportunity.
Speaker 2: We hosted our own TV show on ESPN daily Monday through Friday, run late at night.
Speaker 3: But we had a.
Speaker 2: Show on TV and had the opportunity to take my daughter to see Billie Eilish at a really small venue at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, and my daughter huge Billie Eilish fan. And I remember thinking, oh, man, how do I dip out? I can't leave right here. I was at ESPN at the time. I can't leave. I just oh, but I got these tickets.
Speaker 3: What do I do?
Speaker 2: And Rich said to me, dude go and everyone there, like Ryan Hollins, I believe, and other people that we were working with, Dude, go, don't worry, we got to cover me.
Speaker 3: Was like, no, bro, we got man, this big time.
Speaker 2: I could just dip out of my responsibility without no notice. I ended up getting these tickets last minute, and I felt an incredible amount of guilt, But I was sort of forced out the door because people respected and appreciated my commitment to work and my work ethic here. But they're like, dude, go your kid's going through a lot. She goes Billie eilishould be a great daddy daughter moment. It was a few years ago. She was younger, and I did reluctantly wondering if I was doing the right thing, and we had a great time and it was probably one of her best memories ever, and it's something that she'll never forget. I'll never forget as a dad. So after having that experience, man if I would have chose work and then got let.
Speaker 3: Go a year later, how weak of a story would that have been.
Speaker 2: Like, I missed out on an amazing moment to bond with my kid. You know, my mind has shifted on that it's priorities and your family is more important than your stupid job.
Speaker 3: Dude. That's really the moral of the story here.
Speaker 2: You might think you're important at your job, but I think we all realize at one point you get that rude awakening that. Yeah, even when you're important, you're still sort of just a number, and you know you could get let go at any time for a multitude of reasons, and I did. I would never miss something important to my kids for work. I just wouldn't. And I don't blame Alex core and I think anyone that is, but that he could have because the debate is if the graduation was over so early, he could have done both.
Speaker 3: But you're saying it's like an all day meeting, the party and everything.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, nobody mentioned that the last speaker there at the graduation ceremmony was done three pm. Uh okay, because these speeches go on forever five hours. Yeah, my dilemma exactly a week ago, which is why refilled in for me last Friday. Shouts out to her was our oldest my oldest stepson was greatraduating from Cal lou in Thousand Oaks, California, and that started at eight am, so right when we would be on the air. And we also have a two year old. So I sat out the show, which was hard for me because, as you guys know, I love producing Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: I love my job, hard worker man.
Speaker 2: But again I think it's case by case graduations, births. Yeah, these are major, major events.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you have to think about it, like, how am I going to remember this moment ten years from now? Am I going to listen to the family telling stories about that event? And I wasn't there? And that's gonna be my memory of that.
Speaker 3: Noah to take me.
Speaker 7: To And you know what, because it's funny, Leelo and Stitch comes out this weekend. Well, he was big baby CoA who's almost two years old. He's like Stitch right now. He's wild. If there's a patch of green lawn, he's running. So what I wound up doing is I was on CoA patrol. I actually took care of cod that morning, but my wife left for the ceremony at seven thirty am West Coast time.
Speaker 3: I got to get seats.
Speaker 7: Man, they weren't out of the parking lot there until twelve thirty, halfway through lunchtime. That's how long that ceremony, and then there's the lunch with the family afterwards.
Speaker 3: I don't blame Alex cars.
Speaker 5: It's an all day it's an all day thing.
Speaker 3: It really exception. I do think it matters what the event is.
Speaker 2: I do if it's if it's a graduation, I do think that is also important to the story. But you know, at the one time, I do defend Aaron Rodgers, who I think by the end of the weekend we might see well maybe like a week we might see the official Aaron Rodgers Steelers.
Speaker 3: You know, bro handshake, it's on.
Speaker 2: But Aaron Rodgers, when he had made prior commitments a year ago, Mamember, he was like hanging in Egypt to a friends and family on a pre planned vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a part of me that's like you, He's he's done earned it. He's done a lot in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: Love or hate Aaron Rodgers, I don't think him going an extra couple of days with his family for a very special time to him.
Speaker 3: I don't think that he was slaying it rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think Aaron Rodgers would have become a better quarterback had he gone to those two extra like practice sessions. I think you gotta you gotta really think these things through. And I think Alex Korra, you have to think these things through. And I don't know if that was a good look when you say Alex Cora's missing a game, a random game against the Mets, not even like a division game, not even the same league, for his kids' college graduation. It makes it more understandable. But I just think that normalizing family over work should be a thing. I get it. There's hard workers. We bust our ass. We try to do as much as we can, multiple jobs. Been doing this a long time. But leave Alex Korra, I really think anyone because there are people that are like you could have went to the graduation and then ran over to the game. But don't you think Alex Corer deserves We have one life, you live one life, right. You don't think he deserves to have a nice little lunch with his family that are probably all in from out of town, drink maybe from other parts of the world, even in for this big event.
Speaker 3: You think he should be like, Nah, you know, here's the shift.
Speaker 2: We could wrap it up by saying there's been a shift in the way we think, and it's actually a good shift, right, prioritizing work, who cares or your family is really what matters When all is said and done. Before you know it, your kid's grown up, moved out of the house. My daughter's fifteen now I was talking about taking her to Billie Eilish. She's fifteen now, getting ready to drive, doesn't want to hang.
Speaker 3: Out with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So of course I look back and I'm like, man, I'm really glad I had that moment. This sort of solidifies what we're getting at Manny Machado just as of today. This quote came out on the possibility of never winning a ring before he retires. So he was asked, Hey, Manny, what do you think about.
Speaker 3: Never winning a ring?
Speaker 2: Orioles Padres. You know, he's had a really productive career. He's a stellar athlete, stellar player, and listen, he could very well still be in the mix to win one. But if he doesn't many much Chao said, I don't need to win a ring.
Speaker 3: I got family and that is the.
Speaker 2: Best way to really approach life. Kevin Durant recently had a mark is cool. You gotta work to survive. It's more fun for us than it is for everyone else for the most part.
Speaker 3: But you got family, That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant recently had a quote that was a little less you know, sweet than many Machado. Machado insinuated, like, I got family.
Speaker 3: And that's all the matters.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant recently said something like someone criticized like and that's why you suck and you'll never win, and he made her comment like, Yo, you know much money I made? I don't care, Danny if you can find that it's Kevin Durant recently, like he responded to someone and it really was like a funny response to someone on social media with the like yo KD Like Yo, you never won, you stink or something.
Speaker 3: He's like, Hey, you know, you know much money I made? Who cares?
Speaker 4: Also, Alex Korra isn't preparing for an AFC East showdown to get into the playoffs non divisional game one of one hundred and sixty plus in the season.
Speaker 2: He can miss a game, no one's going to No one's gonna question the commitment there for sure, because like we said, he probably has a track record of missing important events because of the demands of what he does in the traveling and the expectations.
Speaker 4: Like look at what baseball managers do. They're not drawing up plays x's and o's. Really, they're they're just there to like keep guys pepped up and you know, give a little pointers here and there, and would you say they're there to sort of just manage them.
Speaker 2: They're just there to manage the situation. Rarely plays, We rarely hear about these stories. That's why it's the story. Guys in sports, they love it. The old school baseball manager, the old who do you think like Sparks Sparky Anderson's kids? Who cares to drag me the day baseball?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: You know, it's not something that we're used to hearing and seeing, but it makes all the sense in the world from today's perspective.
Speaker 3: And when we break it down, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, listen your thoughts on Alex core I think it's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: Go to your kids graduation.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think anyone's gonna remember a game, by the way that the Red Sox did beat the Medsin So you get right.
Speaker 3: That makes it a little easier.
Speaker 2: Also, what if it's the kids little holiday assembly, that's a tough one. You you don't have to go. You don't have to go. Don't normalize having to go to everything. Though, here's what we got coming up.
Speaker 3: You do your best, rich That's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give away some fun prizes here on cavinon rich and for Dan Patrick, the Swagy. This thing is Legit might be the best prize giving away for stupid radio games.
Speaker 3: It's a stainless steel bottle, that says Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: On speaking of kids, think of how many of your kids lost of yours? How many water bottles do they leave at school? Yeah, I'm a baseball coach and I coach my daughter's softball. I coached two kids teams. You know the back of my shuv. I'm the guy that has to collect the ones left behind. I have like twelve water bottles in my car because kids are careless. So we're giving away the coveted stainless steel midnight black. It's got a little sparkled to a little sapphire, little hint of awesome in there's the Swiggy, It says CNR on Fox Sports Radio. Your chance to win one. We play a game that sweeping the nation is called Last One Standing. It's a lot of fun. If you want to win the Swiggy, I want to take your chances. Call us now at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox is Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: We do it next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: You could catch us.
Speaker 2: Weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 3: I mean that says something, right, So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: From five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific and.
Speaker 2: If you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and rich Nowadays, Dad's always there, or at least he does what he can do your best, like Alex Cora.
Speaker 3: That's really it.
Speaker 2: He did the right thing, went to his kids graduation. He's gonna be criticized, but he did he did the right thing.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Hey, uh, Covin and rich In for the great Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio, and it is time to play a game we do on our show every week, and I know you'll love.
Speaker 3: It's called Last One Standing.
Speaker 8: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia love. Yeah, put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge CNRS.
Speaker 1: Last one Standing.
Speaker 3: Last one standing.
Speaker 7: All right, I have four categories ready to go, and if you needed a tie breaker, each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or you answer incorrectly, Iowa Sam will show you out with his famous buzzer. You do not want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds. You are the top dog. Here are the contestants. Seven time winner Steve Covino.
Speaker 3: Right over that. Let's go, let's go. Let's go.
Speaker 5: To his right. Ten time winner Rich Davis.
Speaker 7: And you guys are lucky because usually Dan Buyer dominates. Yeah, so no excuses for you too. We're gonna go to the studio lines right now to see who's playing for our C and R. Stay in the steel, Swiggy, All right, Io Sam, I'll use you for this. Would you love to travel to beautiful East Providence, Rhode Island, North Shore, Louisiana, Warren, Ohio, Panama City, Florida, Riverside, California, or Palmer, Alaska. Let's go to Louisiana, Louisiana. That is Tim, Hey Tim, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man? What's hey?
Speaker 2: Jammis Louisiana Lightning there he is Tim.
Speaker 5: What do you do for a living there in North Shore?
Speaker 7: I am a part of a ministry team at a local church.
Speaker 3: Nice, very cool, Thank you buddy.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 7: By the way, Spot is the fact checker during this day. A lot of anxiety on his part. When I say your name, the clock is going to begin, all right. Here's the first category don't push it. You have five seconds to name one of the twenty two NFL teams who recently voted to ban the tush push. One of the twenty two teams who voted to ban the tush push, Covino, You're gonna be up first as soon as the clock goes now.
Speaker 3: The New York Football Giants. The Giants on the list.
Speaker 5: Rich.
Speaker 3: The forty Niners are on that list.
Speaker 5: Yep, Tim, Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 7: Packers are on the list, of course. Coveno the Bengals, yep.
Speaker 3: Rich, the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 9: Commanders are on the list, Tim, the New Orleans the Saints are not on the list. Yeah, but they voted the other direction. Three Jaguars. The Jaguars are not a rich It's easy, Yeah, you guys with so many guessing, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you knew the Packers and a couple of teams who have I that was the illustration.
Speaker 2: But somebody was guessing. I was gonna say that was poor guests. Some of the answers, some of the answers were taken away. So I was just ten teams.
Speaker 9: That you could have gotten twenty two thirty two.
Speaker 7: You guys bought some of the other teams Bears, Bills, Bucks, Broncos, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Good, Yes, Panthers, Raiders, Ram, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans, and Bikings.
Speaker 3: Man, all those teams, you guys really New York nicknames.
Speaker 7: And they were still to votes short. All right, We're gonna go to the second category, now, Riches on the board. Second category is called chant the name of my award. You have five seconds to name an NBA player who has won a League MVP award in the past twenty five years. All right, so from the year two thousand up till this season's recent announcement. NBA MVPs last twenty five seasons and in the North Shore there, Tim, you're going to first as soon as the clock starts right now, Yes, of course. And by the way, six of the enters won multiple times in this span.
Speaker 3: Rich, We're gonna go Lebron James, just to get.
Speaker 9: Him off Lebron James, yep, of course, Cono, Steph Curry, Steph Curry, Yeah, multiple times, Yeah, Timmy, be honest, Jannie. Yes, on the list you.
Speaker 2: Said twenty five years back to the year two thousand, Yes, sir, correct, So let's go.
Speaker 3: Timmy Duncan on that list.
Speaker 9: Me Duncan on the list. Good Derek Gross, Derek Gross on the.
Speaker 5: List, Tim Kevin Garnett.
Speaker 9: Kevin Garnett on the list, Sir rich Uh, Dirk oh Man good one yea, I am Luca Uh nonimalist, Tim had on the list.
Speaker 3: Sir rich Son of Oh you got him?
Speaker 9: Three two one, Chris.
Speaker 5: Mean Jimmy gets that round.
Speaker 9: I know, I know I'm missing a big guy first, Joel Embiid, Kevin Katie, Kobe, Kobe Westbrook.
Speaker 3: MVP like step.
Speaker 5: Steve Nash twice A.
Speaker 3: Shouts him out and everything. Canadians winning. Hey, you know what, that's the pressure of the game. Can I tell you?
Speaker 5: Nobody said sg A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I assume that was the jump off.
Speaker 2: I didn't hanging fruit. Can I I wan me tell you something. I'm gonna make excuses because that's the right thing to do here.
Speaker 3: Let me get you. I'm gonna give my excuse.
Speaker 2: When you say twenty five years, it doesn't seem like that long ago that guys like Kobe were winning. So in my mind, I was thinking, like twenty oh, yeah, we're going back to the year two thousand.
Speaker 9: You know, if you were forty in the year two thousand, you'd be sixty five this year.
Speaker 3: Shot, it's gross a right.
Speaker 7: All right, Rich and Tim both on the board. So far we go to the third category two.
Speaker 3: What embarrassing? I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Twenty five or more, both of you, all three of you. We're gonna talk about bottom dwellers right now. Twenty five or more. You have five seconds to name an MLB team who has at least twenty five losses so far this season. All right, Covino, you're gonna be at first as soon as the timer starts.
Speaker 5: Right now, Let's go for the easy one.
Speaker 3: Go the Rockies, period go forty two losses.
Speaker 2: Racatchy's on pace to be the worst team in baseball here, eight and forty two? Right, Oh my god, god, not much better? You know they the White Sox.
Speaker 9: Last year, Right than if thirty five losses?
Speaker 5: Fifteen and thirty five? Tim the Orioles.
Speaker 9: Orioles are sixteen and thirty two.
Speaker 5: Good pull, Covino.
Speaker 9: The Rays Rays are twenty three and twenty six.
Speaker 3: Rich Florida Marlins.
Speaker 9: Marlins are nineteen and twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Tim the Pirates.
Speaker 9: Pirates are seventeen and thirty four.
Speaker 5: Covino Mariners.
Speaker 9: Mariners are not in the list. Rich three. Two. The Reds Reds are on the list twenty.
Speaker 7: Five stand alive, Tim red Socks.
Speaker 9: Are twenty five and twenty six is a good one.
Speaker 5: Rich three, You.
Speaker 3: Know what I think? Say that the Atlanta.
Speaker 9: Braves Braves are on the list twenty four and twenty five.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that I knew they were. They're five hundred or.
Speaker 4: And Rich over here trying to wind up all right, back back to Tim, I think.
Speaker 9: Three, Yeah, twenty nine, good battle.
Speaker 2: They've lost nine in a row. Rich, They've well, they've won so many in a row. But are the Angels still on the list?
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 3: Right streak and they have one seven straight.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, Tim.
Speaker 9: The Guardian Guardians not on the list.
Speaker 3: Rich Rich walks off with the w y you missed three.
Speaker 9: The Brewers have twenty six losses, Nationals twenty seven and Rangers twenty six.
Speaker 3: Ah, I should have.
Speaker 7: A rich question is because Tim put up a nice battle there. Would you still love to mail a shiny sea in our swiggy to Louisiana?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tim, you seem like a good fella. It's Memorial Day weekend, we'll send you out that swiggy.
Speaker 3: Okay, my friend, that's awking man.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 3: What hey? Thank you.
Speaker 2: And we play games every day on our normal time slot five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. So hey, affiliates, if you like what you're hearing, yeah at us, and we'll give away prizes to your listeners.
Speaker 3: And we'll have fun with everybody every day. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: And if you want a swiggy, just follow our podcast and say something nice and you qualify right well, thank you guys. We got more Coveno and Rich coming up. We'll do a little preview Nicks Pacers tonight and we'll get into weekend hobnobbing what to watch in the world of sports entertainment and more as we get into a nice Memorial Day weekend. And again, thank you to all the troops and people that sacrifice for us. More Covino on Ritch in for Dan Patrick next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Today's Friday, Today's.
Speaker 2: Friday, Welcome back to the CNR experience. Covino and Rich the world famous CNR show and for Dan Patrick. Always an honor, Big Dan Patrick fans, always a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 3: What out Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 2: Remember to join us five to seven on the East, two to four on the West Monday through Friday, so normal time song or anytime on the podcast search Covino Enrich and we invite you Dan Patrick listeners to our big party, live broadcasting party June twentieth, twenty first, and twenty second in Las Vegas at Circa. It's official. It's at Circa. We got events planned down, a great time. It's one of the best casinos out there. Sweet Pool, Sweet Sports Book. Details at Covino and Rich. But this is your invite. Come and meet some listeners, Come and have a great time. Just see what we do live and let's be friends. So join us right now. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio and Rapid Radios, the official walkie Talking of The Dan Patrick Show, is a push to talk service with national LTE coverage requiring no subscriptions ever. Give them, give them before bad weather occurs. Oh, get them, get them. Visit rapid radios dot com now from the sixty percent off and free shipping iron Burgundy.
Speaker 3: So thank you guys for beating the gift you give them to people, Yes them give them.
Speaker 2: So, hey, before we get into a weekend hobnobbing, what you need to watch in the world of sports and pop culture.
Speaker 3: We do it every Friday. Few things.
Speaker 2: We gotta salute the fallen troops this Memorial Day weekend, So hey, have a great one on their behalf. Okay, all the people that served and died for this country enjoy the holiday week kid, which starts, I don't know in fourteen minutes for us. Right by the way, speaking of you know, proud military members. Yeah, how have you of all people? Being that you're a eye rollingly annoying Yankees fan not talked about that Clark Schmidt beautiful moment where his father throughout the first pitch was very cool, surprised him, and they embraced Clark Schmidt Yankee superstar.
Speaker 3: Well, but hey, he's in the BIG's doing well. He's got good stuff.
Speaker 2: And I only say that because we were talking about what makes a superstar earlier today on the show. And I also want to say rest in peace, Jim your say. I hear a lot of people talk about it. We have the honor of interview, and the guy seemed like a seemed like a regular fella, like a great businessman.
Speaker 3: Nice dude.
Speaker 2: I mean the you know, the team was handed down to him when his father passed. I believe in now it'll be passed on again. But the Earsay family. I saw McAfee, Peyton manning, a bunch of former cults and people from that organization, all sending their best wishes.
Speaker 3: I remember when we interviewed him, he was wearing like this sounds.
Speaker 2: Tooth suit, like real stylish suit, like yo man, sweet suit, dude, wild guy man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like a wild, eccentric guy. Man.
Speaker 5: How about his last tweet?
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 5: Was the Halliburton game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixty five years old, Jimmy, is that the was the was the doink final Halburton Show? Was that a little? Was that a little, Jimmy? Or say from a from up above? Well it's a weird thought, but it's some modern day thoughts like instead of your last words, like what would your last words be?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Like what was your what would be your last tweet? Because he wrote go Pacers, good luck to her, the entire Pacers organization and our city. He did the little flex strong in the horror sending love.
Speaker 7: Riches would be something about Wan Soto towards the end of his contract. Come on, you could get it going alone.
Speaker 3: Rich's last week like good luck rock Party, I love you stop it. So it does make you think that more, But throw like, what would your last tweet be?
Speaker 2: Or Purdy who is quote happy with the new deal because we are quote exactly where we need to be as an organization. The Niners are gonna surprise everyone this year and I can't wait. Maybe we should have like some something profound and pin it right in our profile just so it always stays there, just in case. Yeah, some deep quote. Your last tweet is probably gonna be some nonsense. Is gonna maybe pin something cool just in case?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Covino before Cavino accidentally, you know, falls off a cliff, He's gonna tweet Yo, look at junk Carlos buns something dumb?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So hey, rest in peace and guys, have a great weekend bute before we go. Yes, something we do every Friday. It's called weekend hob Nobbin.
Speaker 1: For the weekend you're winning bets for talking points. If you get stuck socializing.
Speaker 9: You ever done anything dangerous? You ever dance with the devil in the pale.
Speaker 1: Line that brings us weekend?
Speaker 3: Hop now, so again we do this every Friday to get you ready.
Speaker 2: So come Monday or come Tuesday after the holiday weekend, you.
Speaker 3: Know what's going on. We'll keep you will know.
Speaker 2: And of course we're gonna watch Pacers next to night. So pumped about that. But what else is going on in the world of sports and enter taint demand right, I've been waiting months for this. I am the biggest pee Wee Herman fan. Paging mister Herman her you have a telephone call at the front desk.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Steve's playhouse.
Speaker 2: Steve Cabrino me super pumped to watch the Pee Wee Herman documentary on Max Pee Wee as himself. As you guys know, he passed away what about a year ago, And in this documentary we learn a lot about who p. W. Herman really was, who Paul Rubins is and how he became the character. And he comes out of the closet. That's the big story. He talks about his personal life. He was always in character. You didn't know a lot about Paul Rubens.
Speaker 4: Demand do we finally get closure on that weird was it egg salad scene from Big Top pee Wee.
Speaker 3: I say, do you remember that scene?
Speaker 4: I feel like that was him telling the world like, I'm not interested in this woman because I'm interested in men, so I don't like your egg salad.
Speaker 3: I thought that mean was always weird as a kid. Listen, what are you talking about? He's a ladies man.
Speaker 2: Remember how Dotty wanted him Dottie and Chuck Spike Orama.
Speaker 3: I mean when Dotty was hitting.
Speaker 2: Up and he was pretending like my friend's that working, Like yeah, baby, pee Wee.
Speaker 3: The character, right, was really just a boy.
Speaker 2: He was just pretending to be like a little boy kind of, but he was like a man boy. So his mindset really just wasn't there. But what was he all about? We find out on Max. I'm super excited. He was one of my favorites growing up. He's on my comedy Mount Rushmore for sure, and Mission Impossible, Dude, Mission impossible, Anything's possible the final beckoning.
Speaker 3: Critics are saying it's the lowest.
Speaker 2: Rated of the most recent but lowest at seventy nine percent, like still great and come on, expectations are high. It's the final installment of the Mission Impossible series, So Tom Cruise still doing it. A lot of people pumped about it. You might want to go to theaters to see it this weekend, and I'll do a shameless plug to the Dan Patrick people listening. Over Promised is our bonus podcast. So wherever you stream your podcast, search over Promised. It's the stuff that we over promise and never have time for, but we want to get to so we do a show that you could watch, and Over Promised Episode ninety three premiered yesterday on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page.
Speaker 3: This weekend not only Memorial.
Speaker 2: Day weekend, rich is the anniversary of the most iconic sports photo of all time, of all time?
Speaker 3: What is it? What is it? We the most iconic sports moment of all time. Let's just say it involves Muhammad Aldi, all right, and we go over.
Speaker 2: Some of the other best and we give you more details on our big party in Vegas June twentieth through to twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: So check out over Promise on Fox Sports Radios YouTube channel now Netflix.
Speaker 2: Of course, we talked about it in a bunch earlier this week, but if you have.
Speaker 3: To watch Fall of FARV, I'm told.
Speaker 2: You realize, man, what a piece of trash the Four Seasons. If you've not yet watched that, Danny g you said, you and Brenda like binge.
Speaker 3: The whole thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 3: How frendy ballion is any good? Isaac mos has nothing to do with Frankie Balley.
Speaker 2: American Manhunt in honor of all the you know, the troops that served our country. This is the story of how we caught and killed Osama bin Laden American Manhunt.
Speaker 3: Netflix. That's trending.
Speaker 2: And if you want something really fun and light, I'm hearing only good things.
Speaker 3: And I think this weekend might be when I check.
Speaker 2: Out Nona's on Netflix, where Vince von hires it's not the first time Rich has checked out some notice it's uh, you know, his attempt to open up a restaurant with all like Grandma's that cook Yeah. So it looks like a heartfelt, nice story with Vince Vaughan and Joe Mangele.
Speaker 3: It's a true story about the true story.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you want something completely demented and weird, where you're like, what is this guy doing? If anyone's watched Tom Sigora bad thoughts, they're like very short, like fifteen twenty minute comedy episodes.
Speaker 3: But they're his comedic dirty weird.
Speaker 2: Thoughts is Robert. I heard him talking about it. I believe he is like one of the know it is. Yeah, No, he does a boardroom bit. Yes, he's in it. Yeah, I heard him talking about it. It is filthy. So if you need some like raunchy comedy or pal Tom Sigar, you can check that out.
Speaker 3: Anything else on the agenda, Dad, Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: The Last of US season two finale coming up on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, the finale.
Speaker 7: Man have been waiting for that confrontation between Ell and Abbey. It's finally gonna happen. And of course NBA Playoffs Saturday evening, OKC at Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Can they roll? But you know on the t Wolves home.
Speaker 7: Floor we'll find out Sunday evening Game three Knicks at the Pacers.
Speaker 3: Man got plaves. The finale already was there like four episodes read it all. We made it like eighty years for those episodes.
Speaker 5: We got seven episodes.
Speaker 2: You know, we did get some Joel flashbacks, which all right, Hey, thank you Dan Patrick and the Dan Nets. I'll see you guys back here Tuesday in our regular spot until then, Thank you everyone, have a great Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 3: Are we with there you baby, see you in the Promised Land. By goodbye, guys. Yeah,