Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busts with the Boys. We are your hosts, Will Compton Taylor Lawan. If you are listening to this episode at six am, bright and early in the morning, go ahead a way to start your day right right, hot coffee, driving to work, whatever the case may be. Go to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google, wherever you get your podcasts. Though the Boys a little subscription, it goes a long way. Also, this episode will be dropping on YouTube at noon, So if you're watching the premiere right now or you're watching the episode, make sure you're subscribed to the Boys, because again we are how many percent unsubscribed? Please sev Yeah, but seventy percent of our audience is not subscribe to your stuff, So make sure you do that for the Boys because that helps out.
Speaker 2: Now, all this podcast is always brought to you by it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, that's my fault. I try to jump the gun to early one.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 3: You're going to talk about the people we had on but you're about to talk about the most important best vehicle on the entire.
Speaker 1: Market, Dependable, durable, and reliable, the Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: It is advanced and dependable, just like the people who drive them you.
Speaker 3: And they put their heart and soul onto the thing which everybody wants to know when they drive a truck, which is the tailgate.
Speaker 2: Shout out, Chevy Silverado. Let's get some energy in here right now.
Speaker 3: We're we're running on ev endorphins were so high about fifteen twenty minutes ago because we had a banger podcast that you're all gonna love. And right now I'm kind of coming down right now, you know what I'm saying. I kind of feel like I'm like, oh man, that was outstanding, and I'm sending this crazy folded chair. You did the whole time. I'm fucking proud of I was. I was going back and forth, I was down. I was a selfless leaders.
Speaker 2: Eat last.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, willas eat last.
Speaker 3: But the Chevy Silverado is is so so unbelievable. They have the multi functioning tailgate, the one that goes down, the one that comes up. It's the best, most reliable, durable vehicle on the road, just like the people who drive them.
Speaker 2: Gotta love that, each and every one of you out there listening to the boys right now, now.
Speaker 3: We have a but a couple of house cleaning items that I think we should hit head on right now, and uh, that's just a quick moment of silence for our boy bloss. Unfortunately, yesterday I got a call from from uh Bloston. He said, Hey, what did it feel like when you tore your ACL and right then?
Speaker 2: And there's no.
Speaker 3: Way to start a conversation, no way to start. My man's at a trampoline park with his girl. He's jumping around, having a good time, probably trying to show off a little more than he has in the past, you know, probably doing a little bit more than he should have.
Speaker 2: Right calls me from the hospital.
Speaker 3: He's got a couple of things going on, and it sounds like you got the final verdict.
Speaker 2: What was it? He tore his ACL and potel attendon, which is brutal.
Speaker 1: My man said he was laying on the table, his kneecap was laying sideways and he couldn't even lift his leg that the doc was trying to get him to do a leg lift. He couldn't even lift his leg up. My man said he felt like somebody threw a bowling ball at his knee. That's tough because he was doing slam ball. A man was doing slam ball how old is Boss Man?
Speaker 2: Boss fifty five? I think you got to be careful on them trampolines. We're not We're not young anymore. We're not doing the fake wrestling.
Speaker 3: The killer, but really the trampolines ramblins are the real killers out there. I I firmly believe that, firmly believe that. But just a quick little we had that moment of sounds for Blossom. It it's sad, it's frustrating. My man's got himself a little bit of a journey ahead of him. But we all know journey what's that your word? Journey to feel one hundred percent back normal? For sure, he's got a bit of a deal head of them, especially with the petelotenant. I don't know what that life is like. But usually and you use the patilla to save the ACL. Sometimes you tear your acl. They use my patella. What are they gonna use?
Speaker 2: I have who don't fully understand what a pelotendon is.
Speaker 1: It's that gigantic fucking tendon right below your kneecap, that gigantic and so.
Speaker 3: You kind of need that to do regular ships.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: People live their lives without acls. People do it, people go and they live a healthy, active lifestyle. The patella, on the other hand, Yeah, I gotta have it.
Speaker 2: You need to have it, dude.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a whistle pay dude. It's like having one of those drinks. It's like having a BlackBerry lemon face. You gotta have it. You can't function in life without it. But it's the next man up mentality. It's a next man up mentality and rocking that right now. I'm just I'm assuming because he's sitting in the seat. JP has definitely assumed that position. Shout out JP on the promotion right, Shout out JP.
Speaker 2: In iPad this morning. We had to let him go.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta cut a man loose. But it is just business. It is just business. How to bring the playbook in. It's a bit of a deal. If there's anything we can do for you, give.
Speaker 2: Us a call.
Speaker 3: Typ mentality, But until he can get off the you know, the best ability is durability.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Ability is availability, the best and the best ability is due. I think I just said it also right. We both said it in different ways, and that was a fun couple phrase. Things for you people back home. Will has already talked about you guys jumping on the Spotify, jumping on the Twitter, jumping on everything, subscribing rating five stars. Please continue to do that. But now it's part of It's time for our favorite segment of the week.
Speaker 2: Another house cleaning item. Holy fuck, first day, first day with the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we could have done that and then gone.
Speaker 1: In but you just said some house cleaning items we still have that we we still we also have to did on the We also have did on the bus and the springtar party that we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me and greet Yeah, absolutely, Well, then go ahead, saw Will, how was your first day? First evening?
Speaker 3: Really, it's really not about the day.
Speaker 2: It's not the night. I appreciate comes and trying to listen to me. It was you know, it's a bit of a grind. Yeah, I bet you know what I'm saying. Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Charlie does her thing, she's a great role player. But me, I was in there doing the damn thing. Oh really, Yeah, I'm swallowing on that quarterback. Yes, I'm the QB, I'm the HC bro, I'm all the above. Now, just for everybody, listening. I am joking. Charles is a phenomenal mother, and she has been doing way more than I have. Right, but I made myself an almend. I fell asleep yesterday early in the first quarter.
Speaker 3: Nice well nap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a nice nap, but it set me up for later in the night as I stayed up till about two am.
Speaker 2: You know, fed the baby, did all.
Speaker 1: The stuff, burped her, all that fun stuff, swallowed her up, put her back to sleep, put in her little uh not the crib, but uh the bascinet, the bascinett. Yeah, you guys got us that. Thank you by and you're welcome. Taylor, by the way, got to hold her. He's the first person to get to hold Relian.
Speaker 2: I was. Yeah, it was over last night. He came in clutch for the boy, Charles.
Speaker 1: She's got this postpartum meal service stuff to get all of her nutrition, all that stuff. So she's taking care of me. On the other end, I'm out there fending for myself a little bit. Taylor comes through. Hits me up.
Speaker 2: Taylor. I gotta shout out Taylor as well. Yeah, Taylor, really, she was the background of everything. She was the background.
Speaker 1: I just took the war executed. Yes, hit me up, Hey, do you need some I got some chicken. We got some steak over here. I just shot in the eyes, like, oh, go ahead and bring this stuff on over here. Taylor comes through in the clutch bro delivering some meals for the boy.
Speaker 2: We said. He's holding cerulian I meat my food.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a good time. I was glad you came over.
Speaker 3: It's definitely if charl hit me with, oh, you're a baby person, and I'm like, well, well I had a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah I haven't.
Speaker 3: But I told her no, I'm not a really a baby person, but for this baby, I'll be that baby, right, that child as if it was my own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it does look that way. You had that nice little look. You guys were connecting. Yeah, you were imprinting on her. Thank goodness.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Come over tomorrow. Maybe get some skin to skin. Yeah, I'm saying you can take your shirt off, go skin question.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do that.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, yeah, she's gonna love Uncle Tea and lean Yeah, Uncle Tean lean brouh.
Speaker 1: But got a good amount five hours asleep. I feel like that's pretty good of it.
Speaker 3: That's solid.
Speaker 1: I wanted to starg asleep for five hours, and then she was doing she was kind of waking up every couple hours.
Speaker 3: But it was a solid first night, bro, and you guys stayed up. One stayed up and kept guard like a I stayed up. Was watching A Man in the Arena. I saw Rabel's few lines in there. He really did not get much much pizza. Yeah, he didn't get much love at all.
Speaker 1: And then in that show, but I set up watching that and then yeah, once two o'clock hit, snoozed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, see, I think you'll get to the point eventually where you guys go, hey, let's just sleep and then we'll wake up and take turns.
Speaker 1: We were thinking about it hitting six hours at a time. Yeah, we were thinking about doing that. But with like running the pod and other stuff we're trying to figure out. She's like, what are you worry my spots, Like, I'm just thinking about the morning tomorrow because I had to get the work out in, get the pod, and so we had I had a couple of things going on.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So communication sounds like the first number one. That's the number one key to this old deal's communication. Absolutely, I think we do a good job with that.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: Another thing that is coming up that is I wouldn't say as stressful, but probably as fun is this week Wednesday, we are headed to a volunteer country.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're headed Knoxville. That's Jack Jack excited. We'll go in on it.
Speaker 3: We're headed back the Jack's stomping grounds to go and continue our spring busting to our bust and spring tour as you guys know it. We'll be standing now with coaches. We'll be touring the facilities. I hope to god. They shook us up with a couple of volunteers and we were.
Speaker 2: Talking earlier about it. Which one do you want?
Speaker 3: We put the black one, want the one one. I kind of want that classic orange piece. You know what I'm saying, seventy seven run in the back of the one. I'm not gonna say I need it, but I do really want it, you know, and if they don't give it, I might drop my score a little bit on the place. You know, I see this, but I can be buttered up, right, you can't infiltrate this brain or this heart clustered up a little bit and then you know, give you a review that you kind of maybe didn't deserve both ways.
Speaker 2: Overall four point five overall four point five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a fun time. You guys are listening right now, fall along with us on Twitter. I'm sure Taylor and I be active as hell because those are the best trips ever.
Speaker 3: Giggle Box is unreal. You started to hit the giggles and it's kind of like game over for me. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, never had a giggle like that. Bullshit ask place he took me to, Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Never had a fucking we've ever laughed to. Village had to be.
Speaker 3: Top five of my life and who's my childhood?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you started hitting the group chat.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker took me to village in and we were just dying.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even tell this the lady what I wanted to eat because I was laughing too damn hard.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I can't even tell her what I wanted to EAT's a great time, Oh but uh but yeah, and then we had our busting spring toward met and greet over the weekend. That was showed out. That was fucking awesome. There's a group of little Nebraska fans. We had guys walking in with Michigan Jerseys on Tarror Lawan Jerseys.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 1: But it was it was a great time. Thanks for everybody that came out to that. And it was perfect timing too. We were signing and doing photos and stuff all the way up till about five o'clock, so it worked out perfectly.
Speaker 3: Three thirty to five, I believe it was the time we were supposed to be there, and we took every every minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah we were a little late, Yeah we were.
Speaker 3: That's okay, right, we can throw our narrative on this on this bus for those people that were fifteen minutes early. You know what I'm saying. I was there setting it up, waiting for Jack to show up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Jack was a little late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Jack and Garrett and Bloss before his uh, his horrific injury really grinding for us. JP was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, JP was.
Speaker 1: Freaking I forgot about that. You were on vacation. That man was at a wedding vacation.
Speaker 3: Where were you a little lass mic for what the big little booms here?
Speaker 2: You got that? Listen, have this little ballpoint pant vacation. What city were you in?
Speaker 4: I was in Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh home, it's a vacation spot.
Speaker 4: Man, you're home right, Uh yeah, three and a half hours from home.
Speaker 3: See close enough, relatively space.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you knowing that because.
Speaker 3: I know, my boy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I care.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to be reciprocated as well.
Speaker 4: Well, what's city am I friend?
Speaker 2: Greenville?
Speaker 4: There we go?
Speaker 1: Come on, no kid, I gotten nervous just because.
Speaker 2: You asked me.
Speaker 1: And it was just as slight like nervous as oh fuck, I'm like, oh I know.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this chair is wildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: It really is. You've been crushing. But now we get to do your favorite segment.
Speaker 3: Oh we have to do it now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the shoutout for sure. I feel like we've had Have we missed anything else? It's up to you, guys. Anything else we gotta hit go shop merchandise. It's on the bar merchandise. But we're gonna hit that.
Speaker 3: We have ads that read too, and you're gonna hear the redundancy of all us the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yes, it is time for our favorite segment of the week. Shout out shout out of the week, and we will usually start a Boss Fernandez or Peter our boy, tell he'll come back, he's gritty, but we're gonna start with JP.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 2: We're also missing Garrett. He's in there.
Speaker 3: He's out outside sweeping right now. I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna preface it with I'm shouting out no free shout out to Karma because I hated to see Blasco down. But there was a little bit of some drama behind it because on April Fool's Day, he posted a photo of himself in the.
Speaker 4: Hospital leg up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and everybody.
Speaker 7: Was reaching out like, oh my gosh, Blas are you okay all this stuff. He's like, oh no, I'm just missing around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Two weeks later in that same hospital bed leg up.
Speaker 3: That's all the great say, big bang boom, it's over.
Speaker 4: And I try to tell him Karma, Karma will come get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also you're doing a two for one piece too.
Speaker 3: You're telling bloss he got some karma, but you're also shouting out Karma to let Karma know that, Hey, listen, your boy's been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to take care of me, I'll mess with me. Yeah, exactly. That's a good thing. That's an excellent shout out, no free shoutout of Lake sep Here.
Speaker 2: That is amazing, Jack, What do you got for us? Lot?
Speaker 3: Okay, So just just to bring this thing home a little bit or tell you a little backstory.
Speaker 2: The first week was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Jack really came in with the men's sight, get you're right with you, right with yourself before you get right with the world. And we're all thinking, what's Jack gonna say next? And he s He shouts out his beautiful grandmother who passed and was a very somber moment for all of us because we love Jack and we love his family and we if we would have known her, we would have loved her too.
Speaker 2: So I'm very.
Speaker 3: Anxious to hear what Jack's shout out for you shadow of the Week is.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of pressure, you know, it's such a great introduction like that, but it's a little obvious too right now. But we're going back to my album Mater on Wednesday. I must shout out the Tennessee volunteers.
Speaker 2: That's my shout out of the week.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited for you to see Knoxville. I know Will and I and Garrett and JP and bloss we all actually.
Speaker 3: Know everybody but Taylor there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody but Taylor.
Speaker 3: We could have done that, everybody but Taylor.
Speaker 6: We were up at Knoxville back in the fall for the Old Miss game and we had a great time.
Speaker 2: So excited to be back up there.
Speaker 4: Just canna be a quick day trick it.
Speaker 6: But I think there's gonna be some fun surprises in store. But so for now, my shot out of the week is the beautiful volunteers.
Speaker 2: Behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Who knows man, who really knows.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 6: Surprises because you know, when we're in Michigan, we were looking at Will, We're going, hey, this this is big because Nebraska held up. Are you, you know, nervous about Michigan what they're gonna do. Same for Taylor when we were in Nebraska. So now it's kind of some of it's a little bit falling on me in a way, or maybe now I'm putting it on myself.
Speaker 2: But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: If you're a cross to bear, yeah, it truly is, I know, but it sounds like you've been even scooting out there whispering in some ears.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of whispers.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I love that, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to I want to want to push on it, because if I start pushing, then I start to know and I won't be as surprised as I want to be. It was kind of like learning the name of your child. I wanted to know so bad, but I knew i'd like it more once I met her. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That's a beautiful shout out. No for shutout of the wake up yet no balls, absolutely killing that. Will you your second this is your second shot out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm gonna shout out a brand, but it's specific within the brand because it's something that's held true to me throughout time, something that I always know when times are getting a little tough, I can always count on this item, this product you bring my life to bring me joy, to sit back and be.
Speaker 2: Like, fuck, this is this tastes fucking good. Wow. And it is the cookie Jar Blizzard from Dairy Queen.
Speaker 1: That is my shoutout shut out of the week And I had one over the weekend and it was the greatest thing I've laid my lips on in the last few months because I've forgotten like Dairy Queen's kind of they've went off the beaten pathway. Sometimes easier to go on Postmates or uber eats and look at the ones that have, like you get some Geni's or something, or get like Ben and Jerry's or something like that. But a good old fashioned cookie jar blizzard large from dairy What other size is there?
Speaker 2: Medium? And small?
Speaker 1: But we never get those, Yeah, we never get those. And uh, that is my shoutout.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: It's the best soft serve ice cream in America, really in the world. Yes, I haven't tasted ice cream in other countries for real like that, but that is that's my shoutout and shut out of the week.
Speaker 3: I will say that the blizzard is unbelievable. Dairy Queen got it right the first time. There's a lot of other companies out there trying to reinvent the wheel with the ice cream. But I think when you go there, you look at that individual who obviously loves his job. He's at Dairy Queen, and he takes that cup and hands it to you, and you go to reach your hand out and he goes gives you the finger like hey, hold on a second, and then tips it upside down for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's like magic, dude.
Speaker 3: I know David Blaine was behind the frock.
Speaker 2: I wanted to fall out every time because I want to get a free one. Oh, no question.
Speaker 3: But then you kind of scoop it up, put the put it in the jar. But I guess it's a Sunday now for the boy. Makeet some caramel sauce on that paste that's not standing shout out for shotow of the week. My shout out, Oh well, it's near and dear to my heart. A lot of times in life when you're given, when you're giving the opportunity to experience something, you don't know how you're gonna feel, Especially when you go to experience something that you know you're probably about to experience.
Speaker 2: You're not sure is there going to be fireworks? Is he going to be a dud?
Speaker 3: And at the end of the day, this shout out was maybe one of some of the biggest fireworks of my life. And that shout out is going to uh going to Will's daughter Cerulian Belle Compton. When I held that child and I looked into her a little yawning face. They all scrunched up, little eyes full had a hair on the girl, and she just sat in these arms.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I was the first one to hold her besides her uh, Charle and Will. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: That was just a little cherry on top for me.
Speaker 3: But to hold that baby, you know that your boy, the boy made it and Charlot delivered it, and it was all just a beautiful thing for I was just holding her and we were having a great time. She wasn't fussy. Waffle looked like he wanted to eat her slash sniffer. I couldn't tell what was really going on in her head, but you.
Speaker 2: Never really can.
Speaker 3: Overall, a very euphoric, beautiful experience for me. So shout out lean Bell Compton. What a beautiful child and absolutely beautiful child. We have a very special podcast for you guys today and we'll jump we'll jump into it. We know how this works. We jump into it. You're like, all right, here we go. We're at the edge of our seat, and then all of a sudden you hit with another ad read that's life baby ba bam bam. Bound Frank Sinastra. That's life, that's how the stuff works. But today was a very a great trio, an amazing band. You might have heard of them. You probably have heard of them, especially listening to country music is Midland. They were incredible. I've I've known these guys for I'd say three to four years now, and every time around him, it's a great time. And I don't know if we want to jump to conclusions just yet. For me, I would put this on my Mount Bush Moore of how great the podcast went, strong, the giggles.
Speaker 2: The fun times, and it was it was special.
Speaker 3: We was a special to the point where the manager is in the back punching Jack and the shoulder telling him, hey, buddy, we gotta fucking go.
Speaker 2: He was mad. It was just and then they were just telling us.
Speaker 3: So me and Will could have literally sat back and just leaned back in our chairs and enjoyed ourselves for the hour and a half hour because it was the first time we've had three people on the butt. That's why we had an assortment of function going on here.
Speaker 2: And it was legit like a locker room vibe. But uh, it was all time. Man. This Mark looking motherfucker dude.
Speaker 3: A handsome boy, A beautiful handsome boy.
Speaker 2: They're all beautiful right here on the couch.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, I probably would have sat and watched Yeah that mad JP. Go in the back, get me a Glizzie and some popcorn.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. It ain't that they were fun. Bro cam is all time, you know that dude. I would love to hear some of the road stories that he.
Speaker 3: I bet it's outstanding.
Speaker 2: He and J just you know, it was tough for him to get some words in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can tell he's the like you said, he's the most put together cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got the he's the brainiac you think so well, he did say.
Speaker 3: He did say in the pod he talked about how he knows trends fires in advanced.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They say he's got some formula, which we never got that, like, I know what is the formula?
Speaker 3: No, we need to find out. We didn't have them on again. Yeah, as soon as they left, the boys were fired up. Oh yeah, what a great podcast. And I'm sure you all. I hope you all feel the same way and the way you can show that you feel the same way as subscribing, rating five stars, commenting, telling us how much you loved it, So keep doing all those things.
Speaker 2: Enjoy.
Speaker 3: Here comes a fun ad read and we'll see it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you like to do icon Pa, you can jump in on it. Hey, listen, boys and girls, I just said it. I'm gonna say it again. You need to subscribe.
Speaker 3: Rate five stars, whether that's Spotify, whether that's Apple, whether that's Eye, all the stuff you can do almost on Twitter til the one seventy seven fall, Will Compton Underscore, Will Compton Underscore, Will Compton follow busting with the boys and just enjoy, enjoy the ride, roll on together right, retreat the thing like a group chat for reasons, so you guys can all be a part of our lives.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: One thing that can make your life a whole lot better is icon Pass and it all starts now. Icon passes on sale for the twenty two to twenty three season. It's time to keep the stoke alive and seek a season of fun in the mountains and do across Speaky of the best ski destinations in the world. When you claim this multidestination pass, you're dropping into a celebration of joy in the mountains. Whether it's an immediate spring access, hooting and hollowing down your favorite runs next season, or connecting with the crew for an afternoon brew, there's always an adventure for how you ride. New pass options have been added into the mix, starting at two forty nine adults. The icon Pass Session two Day and the icon Pass Session three Day offer a range of affordable entry points, furthering the flexibility and availability for writers of all means and styles to experience this family of unique worldwide destinations. Claim your icon Pass, uh, claim your pass at iconpass dot com before April twenty second, when prices go up and spring promos go away.
Speaker 2: Enjoy We're up. Oh we're rolling right now.
Speaker 4: All right with the bush?
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, just busting with the balls.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, that's the back, busting with.
Speaker 3: The bas Yeah yeah, just let him go as long as you can.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe give me intro sequence.
Speaker 4: You thought there was a verse maybe coming or I did?
Speaker 2: I did think that. Leave it to the pros, Like, I can't wait to see what happens here. I thought they all put something together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm really nervous that that we were going to get into that deep what And I was scared of how great there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you can use that.
Speaker 2: We would have we are liking special.
Speaker 3: We would have kept it and you guys would have never had you have a collar from it.
Speaker 2: No, I was gonna say, we do not have an intro sequence like we don't. Yeah, you could throw like a little chicken picking over that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a gang.
Speaker 9: It's got you know, it's got a thing for the lead vocal and then some back backgrounds.
Speaker 1: You know, so it could be cool. You know, I love if you guys did something. My man's already over there. Cam's already thinking.
Speaker 2: Had the coolest f one.
Speaker 3: It looks like you're hurting right now just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Are you okay? I asked totally guy, Look take it off, eat right now and I'll buy. I'll buy.
Speaker 10: I'll give you this much money. There wasn't ana buy it now button, but I like got to hold this guy's ok I.
Speaker 2: Started, buy it now. I started. Now.
Speaker 5: It comes to that they get shipped from Florida Onside unseen about.
Speaker 2: It, which is tough, tough area to buy.
Speaker 5: Well, and this this is there's a there's a moral in this story. So it shows up on a truck. You know, when you buy trucks. They ship them with a bunch of different cars, and uh, it's this Cuban guy like barely speaks English and he's got the cigar and everything and and he walks.
Speaker 2: So we walk up to meet the guy and he's like, oh, no, man. He's like, there's a mid a beach of ship man.
Speaker 5: And I'm like what what? And I said, I speak Spanish and I kind of asked him. He's like and he's telling me in Spanish. He's like, no, this is a lemon man. And I was like, what are you talking about? The thing's charity. He goes, it's a lemon. So I tell Kim, can't goes, No, you're talking things beautiful. So and it looked gorgeous. The car was absolutely pristine. It was it was the sweetest cream white had like it looked absolutely cherry. So it was kind of weird. This stuck in my mind. So I was like, all right, man. So I dropped Cam off. Cam goes and picks up Jess. They go for a cruise and they're driving on Ranchro twelve and come up to the two ninety, which is a major intersection. Right you got semis coming back and forth two ninety feet in the ten's it's a big intersection pulled up to I'll let you take from here. So you guys are driving at thirty forty miles on.
Speaker 3: The edge of my seat round, I'm gonna foold up chair. It's about to fall over.
Speaker 10: By the way, is seen photos of the under carriage, and it was totally rust free. So I bought what I thought was a allegedly great yeah, allegedly rush free, and I got it for a great amount of money, and I paid for the shipping, which is quite expensive from Florida. And I went and got Jess, and Jess was like, oh shit, this thing is fucking cherry.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's right, it is, dude.
Speaker 10: So we get in the car and we're gonna go on a cruise down and uh. We come to the one intersection in our town and it crosses a highway and Jess is like, man, this is cool, man, it's a good time to tell you, dude. I gotta say, man, like, I just want to let you know, man, Camille's pregnant and it was his first kid.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god, that's so cool, dude.
Speaker 3: Fuck man, give me oh shit, shit, what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck are the fucking breaks? The fucking break went through the floor.
Speaker 10: Light and there was We actually had a green which was fine, but there was a semi truck in front of us, and he slowed down over the coming over the fucking highway because it dips down, and I nearly slammed into the back of this guy and put us through the windshield.
Speaker 2: Veered off into a gravel pit.
Speaker 10: Thank god, everything's very close in dripping spring, so we were able to push it to my mechanic, which was right there, bring it in. I'm like, Danny, got to look at this thing. I don't know what's going on. You know, the brakes are out. Almost died.
Speaker 2: Danny called me the next day, and the long.
Speaker 10: Story short is that he goes, you gotta come down here. You got to see it. I refuse to tell you over the phone. I'm like, oh God. So I rode down the next day and he had it up on a riser and the riser had gone through the floor of the chassis of the frame.
Speaker 11: Basically, I looked on the bottom and it was every inch of it was the only thing holding this car together was the brand new paint job that the criminal that sold this car to check out.
Speaker 10: The brake line, and dude, it literally was this line and there was only one piece of it that was like intact without rust on it. It essentially had had one break in it left before we had broke through it.
Speaker 2: And I called the guy and I was like, dude, I can't believe he did this. He's like, well, you took it off. Man, You're not protected.
Speaker 10: And I go, look, I'm not going to threaten your life, but I will come down there and fucking kill you.
Speaker 2: And I You're like, I know, people, you know what he did.
Speaker 10: He ended up refunding me, but he goes, you have to pay the shipping. The shipping, so I lost two grand on it. And this all happened within.
Speaker 2: A matter of weeks. My wife was out of town.
Speaker 10: So I sold these cars, bought this thing. This is such a long story, but good. We're eating up time. Ended up buying a second one immediately from a guy in Kentucky, and this one was in good shape.
Speaker 2: And that I didn't learn, but I did have. I had a look at it and I bought it on EBA. I was protected.
Speaker 10: And my wife comes back from Mongolia and I, you know.
Speaker 2: Picked up from the Earth One and she was.
Speaker 10: Like cool, and I'm like yeah, like liquidated the whole fleet for this thing. She's like what and wasn't a big fan of this car, but it ended up becoming kind of like a mascot for the band because we had put longhorns on the front. It was cocaine white, interior it was red. The second one was and it was in decent shape and it ended up being like the Midland Vehicle for a long time. We would cruise to shows in it. We cruise around Austin. People would take photos of this thing. It was like, it was really cool.
Speaker 2: It was a banner. And then it became like way.
Speaker 10: Too much flash driving around Austin. So I ended up having to sell it because you don't want people to look at you, you know what. That's like, Yeah, that's why you drive that piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Try it out there. What did you pay for the Car of Florida? Dude?
Speaker 10: I paid ten for it and I paid two in shooting, so I was out twelve at the time. Dude, This is crazy because I was just looking at the.
Speaker 2: During the pandemic.
Speaker 10: At the end of the pandemic, when people were just coming out of their shelves that car now goes, and just this is a testament to you being able to see these things. Like five years ahead, nobody wanted the side by side seventies light. It was still all about that like stats headlight Cadillac that you see at the County Ferry, you know what I mean. So it was a little bit before and now those things are going for eighteen twenty thousand dollars, sometimes even more if they're in good conditions.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even get me started on and like that.
Speaker 4: I found that truck. I'm Cameron's vintage car.
Speaker 10: Oh the green one that Mark ended up putting the breaks through the.
Speaker 1: What's the five years and breaks? What's the five years ahead thing he's talking about? You are you like some have an.
Speaker 9: Ability to see see trends five five years ahead the NY area, Yeah, could be real estate, could be cars, could be fashion from heavy the gift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what's the next thing in five years?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like what's what's paid off for? You give us a taste of that. Well, can I take a little bit of credit?
Speaker 3: That's crazy because you give him credit and.
Speaker 2: Now he's no, I'm taking back.
Speaker 10: I'm using just his formula I predicted the uh mid to late nineties forward coming back in vogue. So I was the first of the of the crew to buy the not square body, but the last round point three seven point four, like mid to late nineties your uncle's truck.
Speaker 4: I have an eighty seven duly board.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful vehicle, almost the same.
Speaker 10: Almost the body doesn't change a whole lot until nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: The vehicle guys, yeah, you pull up fifty crew two tone. That's the that that one.
Speaker 5: Is what you were ahead of that one. But this is all of necessity, like vintage clothing, vintage cars, because when you're an artist, you're just dead poor boat. You want to stand out right, so you can buy a cool, cheap car and you know, have the valet.
Speaker 2: Guys still give you like the yeah, the nod.
Speaker 3: If it's not a Lamborghini, it's not a Ferrari, but it's it's unique.
Speaker 5: You can't it's too it's such a cheat, like just spending a you know, one hundred and eighty grand on a on a car that everybody else has see.
Speaker 3: I have a thing about like older cars. Every year you own that vehicle, it gets cooler and cooler. If I go buy a brand new Rolls Royce Lamborghini, the next year is outdated.
Speaker 2: There's something new off the lot, right, there's money.
Speaker 5: So with a car like this, if you if you know what you're talking about, you can drive a car for three four years and actually basically get your money back and drive for free.
Speaker 3: The issue is finding, like actually learning about the vehicle enough, because you got to know what the car world is as scummy as the horse world. You know, there's there's crooks around every corner in that area, just like that the car you bought from Florida. You can kind of put a nice little pain job on something, maybe some new rims, but this thing is pristine, it's everything, and then you put it look under the hood and it's like holy shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta you gotta know what to ask for, and you got to know like what the tail?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean help me find out Mercedes.
Speaker 5: I helped cam and I got lucky, and then you sold yours Mercedes. So I like the Mercedes and Volkswagens. So that's what I've always kind of focused on. So that's kind of my expertise. I bought a two thousand and five s fifty five AMG five hundred horsepower bit turbo charged Mercedes over the the pandemic, thinking that that was going to be like the.
Speaker 2: Next car to appreciate.
Speaker 5: Move. I don't think that's a loss to drive, but it might. Yeah, thats fifty five AMG. It's a beautiful car.
Speaker 2: That O five U.
Speaker 5: This was like the most over engineered car in the history of Mercedes, and they had a bunch of problems with it. That was the problem with it. But the O five they finally figured it out. So if you guys are watching this, I've got a gorgeous oh fives fifty five AMG.
Speaker 2: It's got fifty six thousand originally, and it'll blow your fucking it'll blow your mom. Yeah, you know, it'll blow all kinds of things. Guy, it'll blow anything off the line. Man, it's a blower.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: It's really fast. It does zero to sixty market four seconds. You know, fifteenyear old car, a fifteen year old car. But that's I like finding luxury cars for cheap.
Speaker 2: I don't. My whole goal is like to never spend more than twenty mark. You've had a string of good ones, just as has some great cars. I sold. I screwed up.
Speaker 5: I sold my eighty nine five sixty sec to Luke Cutch into a lead guitarist, So you know he's driving that around.
Speaker 2: If I had really.
Speaker 10: A set of balls, I would have I would have I would have pulled out the either the nine two eight or the ninety four four or the nine two four one.
Speaker 5: Beginning I will own a mid eighties Rolls Royce Silver Spur at some point I have the coolest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's they're still good looking. You get the two door.
Speaker 5: Or the Honda Centurion, the thing that that's the real it's a Hondai, right, No, Toyota, Toyota.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: It looks just like these luxury like its seventies eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the idea of it being a Rolls Royce is kind of like, yeah, it is ultimate.
Speaker 2: It's the ultimately.
Speaker 10: How hard is it to find uh parts for these like this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the white one down there. That one's third row, third from the right.
Speaker 5: I'm about to buy it in nineteen eighty four Range Rover Classic four door, you guys, And.
Speaker 2: I'm not a range Rover like a new range Rover guy. That's a bit of a hook there. Of all the vehicles.
Speaker 5: You've been saying, well, it's really stupid because their range rovers are absolute pieces of ship, and anybody that.
Speaker 2: Is your drives a range Rover.
Speaker 5: They all fucking know it's the coolest looking car. The one that I'm going to buy is the is the English Green?
Speaker 2: Does Arnold have one in command? Would make a vehicle looks just like yeah, the land Cruisers, that's the competition.
Speaker 5: The two door ones are six So these I started looking at when I moved to Austin before, when I was dead broke, and these were going for nothing. These remodeled ones now are going for like one hundred grand. So about five years ago you could have imported one of these in from Spain for eight grand and thrown twenty into it, and now you can make you know, seventy grand.
Speaker 3: So there's the whole point of you guys buying these vehicles to flip them cars.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 5: Cars own a cool car, to learn about because like I don't know any thing about range rivers, so like Mercedes, I learned all about them. So you just found out what, what worked, what the good years were. It's just kind of funny. It's just like an obsession. It's like chasing after your vintage guitars or vintage clothing or watches. And the idea is to drive something that's fun because you really enjoy it. It's a different drive. It's it's fun to you know, Oh what your your car man? You do the old guy car talk ship and then uh, and then try to get your money back, and then it's a it's a horrible I am getting there. I want maybe.
Speaker 2: One vehicles so I don't have to worry about a single thing. Do you own any new cars? I don't, and I haven't for so much. Well, the funniest is speaking of Chevy is Harper's car.
Speaker 10: Oh god, they but they have they have like a two thousand and two two thousand and two. Bought it for eighteen hundred bucks and his bulletproof good ugliest piece of shady. My wife and oxidized from the front to the back completely. I was up in the second story of our house the other day and I had never seen it from above, really truly. And I was having coffee and I looked.
Speaker 2: Out and I saw my wife's car from the top of coffee. I straight up spit it on the window. I was like, oh my god, this thing is fucking but ugly. It's crazy. I took a photo of it.
Speaker 10: I'll find it, but it's it's a great early two thousand.
Speaker 2: Dude. We have kids and I don't care. Like if you are a mom.
Speaker 10: With kids or a dad with kids and you've got a six year old and a two year old, your car's getting fucking destroyed, destroyed.
Speaker 2: So buy something that you don't give a shit about. Harper is always like, dude, I want a car that's really nice. I'm like, I'm telling you right now, please don't do it.
Speaker 5: Because we find a new Audi Q seven and when we had her, I was like, Okay, I'm gonna have a kid. I'm gonna get like the safest car. It's also cool that I could, like, you know, enjoy driving and the car's just been completely destroyed, mostly by my wife.
Speaker 2: Just thrown her under the bush. Gotta take it, dude. She is the worst at maintain, Like she would just drive.
Speaker 5: She would drive a car for two hundred thousand miles and never change the oil, never even look at.
Speaker 2: The tires like I looked at the tires of the day.
Speaker 5: Were getting ready for road trips, and the tires were completely bald that is just trying.
Speaker 2: To put under the cars. Like if she didn't, if I didn't wash the car every week, the car would just would probably be worth us.
Speaker 9: Right now, Me and my wife literally got in a fight because we bought but I.
Speaker 2: Love it's the best.
Speaker 9: Both size, brand new truck, like eighty three thousand dollars, you know. And but she thinks that because it's a brand new truck that you don't have to do anything to it.
Speaker 4: You got to change the oil.
Speaker 9: You don't go to put the DF fluid in there, Like I'm driving this I'm driving this thing.
Speaker 4: It's got the computer on there, and it's like, you know, you're.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the new vehicles tell you every single time, Hey, oil's run a little low.
Speaker 2: Probably should do this. The truck literally like it. I'm a man of convenience. I love old vehicles. But it came, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 9: Within miles of shutting off because she hadn't put the d F fluid in there.
Speaker 8: What the hell's so if you have a you have to put in oh yeah, right, and oh boy, don't put it in the wrong in the wrong hole, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Because my buddy didn't seize the engine.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, it's old done.
Speaker 1: Baseball is back. It is shout out game Time, no free shoutouts. The only place to get the best, cheapest last minute tickets is with the game Time App. Ever dreamed of sitting in a seat you never thought, You never thought that you could behind on plate, first row in the outfield catching dingers, It's all possible with.
Speaker 2: The game Time App.
Speaker 1: The biggest last minute price drops can be found on the seats you thought you could never buy. Uh, we're buying all of our sport tickets with the game Time App. When I was chilling on the couch this past year and I want to go to the Titans games, I would always use the game Time app at all times. I will be using it for my Preds games that I'm gonna be going to in the near future. But you can download it all at the game Time App. Go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code busting b USSI in for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 2: Terms apply.
Speaker 1: Download Game Time last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed.
Speaker 3: And while you're doing that, you might as well jump on YouTube. Maybe subscribe, maybe unsubscribe, maybe a resubscribe, maybe head over to Instagram, follow the.
Speaker 2: Boys the same one. The YouTube is the same, well YouTube, just subscribe. Just we're trying, we're trying to get in there.
Speaker 1: If we're trying to get in the algorithm support the competition that's Apple Pods, that's Spotify.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe I should have been sent a formal email on that.
Speaker 2: I don't know right that that's what we were doing.
Speaker 3: I was saying, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I've been telling people, Fuck, we'll go somewhere.
Speaker 3: And the next aary is, uh, it gets your boy every time.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a little bit of a deal.
Speaker 3: No great company, but my goodness, but make sure you subscribe, make sure you rate five stars, and uh please enjoy the rest of this podcast.
Speaker 5: We walked in by the way to this, Uh to your guys is what do you call this a shock Man shop?
Speaker 2: Your shop?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's just like free ship everywhere. Yeah, and immediate like that, you can see it. I just looked at justin Cameron's eyes. It just lit up like we just he.
Speaker 2: Has got extra larger and area we started running through. We got the boy order too. We get being on in Midland and you know, touring all the time. You get given stuff all the time.
Speaker 5: You know, you go play at the Ohio Buckeye Stadium and they give you like a jersey, and I'm an Arizona Wildcat, so I'm like, I'm never gonna crazy, and but you get so excited, you get all this merchant shipping that it just fills up our bus. Is just basically like we should do some sort of like a swap meat.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I will tell you, like getting what we went to Nebraska, which Will went to. I went to Michigan, And when we went to Nebraska, they gave me a jersey.
Speaker 2: I thought it was the coolest ship ever, right, but another shool.
Speaker 3: No, I'll never I would never put that on anyway, even on my best day. Everything's feeling nice entire.
Speaker 5: Gave me a basketball jersey and like it was really cool as my name on and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I'm an Arizona Wildcat and I'm not going to be wearing Are you the wrong team all year football? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What happened with our football program?
Speaker 5: Fired coach Tommy, which they never should have done, and then they hired a bunch of the wrong guys. But now Jed fish Uh is uh. I think he's a great guy. I've got to know him a bit and I've had I've had some beers with him. I think he is a great recruiter, and I think he understands how to build that culture. I mean, you know, Arizona is one of the great college experiences. The campus is amazing. I'm sure you guys have been. I've been there before, so recruiting should be really easy. The facilities are world class.
Speaker 2: But almost just stop you like, Arizona is never going to be.
Speaker 5: A nice so Arizona, like, I don't want to, I really don't want.
Speaker 2: To cut that short. Checked his out.
Speaker 5: Tucson is all right, I remember we beat him?
Speaker 2: Were you there? Yes? That was there? Yeah? Did you guys win? Were you Were you there when we're on the team. Yeah? That was my freshman year. He was just talking ship on Arizona football.
Speaker 5: His freshman year, Arizona beat Nebraska at the Holiday Bowl in San Diego and finished the season number three in the country. They said, Gronk, No, no, no, that was before Gronk. That was we had Teddy Bruski, you guys had in the eighties and nineties. We had some great teams and I think Jed Fish is going to bring Arizona football back.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If my boy Tommy Lloyd just just had the most successful first season.
Speaker 2: Basketball as soon as as soon as.
Speaker 3: Martatan Inhale, I'll be more than happy Arizona, more.
Speaker 2: Than happy first.
Speaker 5: Arizona the next five years is going to be a top ten tier college football.
Speaker 2: Believe that. I do believe it. I think I've met with the man our athletic director.
Speaker 5: The whole whole program Arizona is is going in an incredible direction.
Speaker 2: Waiting for me. Cats, Let's fucking go Cats? Bear down? Yeah, or you can say, let's fucking go go Cats. Okay, all right? Are you telling me themes there? I was recruited to U of A and I politely said no.
Speaker 3: I will say this. You of A is a fun town. Dirt bags is a great bar. I don't even know what it's open anymore. It's phenomenal. Love that place. What is it Lemon Mountain or something like that? What it was mount? Okay, sorry I put I flipped two words. It's outstanding. I think a big thing that is underrated about U of A. I'm gonna say all the good thing two words I'm getting mad, so I'm finally getting words. Then you know, I am talking.
Speaker 2: About can you imagine Taylor man? That'd be scary. See, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think that Will could beat up Taylor in a fight. That Will was saying that.
Speaker 2: Will Will would be the inrestled, No question, He's done it a dozen times. Never know what could happen. Tell me, tell me more about this Arizona that I would love to hear. The good they have. I think the bar scene is awesome.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about their like fraternity life, Greek life or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm sure it is. I Meanle'll say it's great for everything. So apply that theory. Under thing about U of A is that you are right next.
Speaker 3: To the border, and I think Mexico is an unbelievable time rocky points two hours away. You can go have a good time doing that. Location wise, it's very difficult. I know, I just sad to think about Mexico. But if you're gonna fly in, you have to drive an hour and thirty minutes to get down there, if you're if you're going the speed limit as U all the girls from scott still are going there. All like even the pretty girls from Minnesota. Now you're more than you can I think, being I haven't been down a U of A since like twenty eleven. I think the campus is beautiful. I think campus is actually more beautiful than Tenpiece Campus hands down.
Speaker 2: But but I think because of where the location's at.
Speaker 3: And you have a SU that's right next to the airport, you have old town Scotts still in there, which like, and you have what is the the bar scene at a SU at ten p it's like old town.
Speaker 2: No, it's not old town. There's like a fall bar, but it's right in the middle of campus for cool. Yeah, excellent, it is. I want to go much better school.
Speaker 3: From an education an education point, you of A wins, but a s U. I think there's pretty girls.
Speaker 2: Better better, the girls are prettier you of A Yeah, no, dude, I'm better.
Speaker 10: One of the Somebody has to be impartial, because Mark is an everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm impartially. I don't you are Google. It's it's just Google. A s U sucks. It's it's out there. Everybody knows that it's crazy. Well, I'm interested in the impartial opinion. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I think both schools are going to have I don't know why both schools are having a hard time getting back into football because the weather is great. Uh, there's beautiful people there, and if it's a great selling point, there's a great selling point.
Speaker 2: There's too much to do and no dudes are about it in those locker rooms.
Speaker 3: I purposely didn't go to a SU because I knew i'd have a less of a chance going.
Speaker 2: To the league.
Speaker 5: You're an Arizona guy, you grew up in cap C. Yeah, so how did you move to Michigan.
Speaker 3: I was a very I was a very like punk, like hate my parents. I need to get out of the desert, need to see four side.
Speaker 10: Did you not see a pass to the pros through the Arizona like the whole I saw.
Speaker 2: Pass to the Pros.
Speaker 3: The minute I got a scholarship offer from Utah State, I was like, Okay, this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: An like the football.
Speaker 3: The football world didn't really like become something for me until my senior year. But Jake Long, who was a number one overall pick in two thousand and eight, was at Michigan, and so when I went to Michigan, I was like, they put offensive linemon out.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: And when you're in Arizona and you you can attest to this like people, Yeah, come on, that's a handsome boy right there.
Speaker 2: Wow yeah no neck, no, no next getting arms.
Speaker 5: Wow you got recruited by every pac ten you have the pac ten back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't get USC, though I really want to go to USC. I could have. I could have seen that.
Speaker 3: Was Margie all that, and that's it's like, you know, to play it.
Speaker 5: USC is the closest thing to being like a pro athlete in Yelle.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that because of the proximity.
Speaker 5: It's insane, especially like thee when they had with Leonard, those guys, I mean, they were just they were hanging out with like Brad Pitt and George Cloon.
Speaker 10: Proximity to Hollywood l A is going to be a tantalizing, uh carrot to to be dangled.
Speaker 2: In front of you. Remind me to google that word later. Tantalizing. Well you can do it right now. Actually, yeah, you would have understood it. Well, maybe Mark Scott would be more distracting to me.
Speaker 3: You was at a nice school. It's much prettier school than a s U.
Speaker 2: But it's great about what.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've ever been told to stop interrupting people before.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's ever been a.
Speaker 5: Thing, not by a guy your size, I'd probably listen to you.
Speaker 2: I know how will fills in the pine now.
Speaker 1: Here, this is like two tailors talking.
Speaker 9: Oh my god for Taylor, Yes, okay, speak briefly on the art of trash talk.
Speaker 3: Let me get this, I got this, I got I think the art of trash talk is lost in a lot of ways because everyone you know, I'll kill you.
Speaker 2: I'll shoot you like you're a big gass n word. That's not kind of like the generics that come out and say those words. You need to relax that speed. If I were talking about on the field of play.
Speaker 5: On the field of play, yeah, everybody from the NFL, everybody's talking mad ship.
Speaker 3: It's it depends on the individual, but usually yeah, but it's really not well thought out chirping.
Speaker 2: For me, it's this is this is just yelling at that. This one is just me. Yeah, I'm just saying whatever. And then we're just watching the compilation of you fighting people. Yeah, That'srman.
Speaker 3: That was his His thing was the arrow whenever he would like get a PBu interception, he'd do the arrow and he was doing some ship to Derek. So after the game, I gave him this, said, get the fuck off the stage.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a lot smaller than you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people come at me because I say I only pick on that's me, only pick on DB's.
Speaker 2: But they're usually the mouthiest kid.
Speaker 5: FA.
Speaker 2: The dbs are like the so trash trash talking.
Speaker 3: For me, it's that's that's Jaun, that's J's Thursday night football.
Speaker 2: He can goal line stand, made a goal line stand. He's like flexing.
Speaker 3: We're up like twenty one to six or something crazy like that, right, and uh this is And I got in his face.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are you do? And he flops trying to get the flag. And let me ask you this because I got ejected in the game. I played.
Speaker 5: I played football and played sports and and just even playing pick up basketball. You get in the fights and ship, right, and you just talk a lot of ship. But after the after the game, you go buy everybody beer and like hang out. So do these do you guys like make up or they're like enemies?
Speaker 2: I think it depends. That's me younger. The rest. I think that's it depends. It depends on like the situation, like you get a little fired up.
Speaker 3: You're passionate, a passionate individual, there's no question about that. I actually you can hear it. You fuck this making dumb fucking calls all day.
Speaker 4: This is what I want to know because okay, so.
Speaker 2: Ship talking, Sorry, I will I want to finish, and.
Speaker 9: I want to know what you say, because we don't know what you say when you're face to face on the field in the in the middle of play.
Speaker 3: In the middle of play, there's a lot of just grunting and kind of getting.
Speaker 4: But when you when you talk in between plays.
Speaker 3: So someone will come up to me and are you a piece of ship, white boy?
Speaker 2: You this and that?
Speaker 3: And I'll just look at him dead in the eyes and say, I swear to God, if we had in that face mass on, I guess you right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was gonna say, confuse it like you have a great ass. I bet you have the prettiest eyes.
Speaker 3: And then we were on field goal and I'll like kind of look at the guy and be like, hey, I lift up my shirt, but would you hit I told guys, I'll suck their dicksy that one of the best stories were.
Speaker 5: Way to gett of like getting your ass kicked by the way, like if you're if you're well it.
Speaker 3: Makes them more and then the rattle like I pay dudes after games comes and be like hey are you are you really gay?
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, but listen, that was in the first quarter.
Speaker 3: About the rest of the game, me touching you and stuff. Yeah, the best, uh, the best thing that ever happened. And from a ship talking standpoint is uh something. Jackson who is the d tackle for the Jacksonville Jaguars ninety three.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I need these guys just Google searching. This is amazing.
Speaker 3: There are there are standing individuals back there shut out the boys. But it was twenty sixteen, I think, and we're we're playing Jacksonville in Jacksonville. No, no, no, no. Kalais he was another one Jackson he played for He's got that video of him getting shook by Bell from those Steelers and he's he's miked up and he goes ooh when he gets shook, You're he goes ooh.
Speaker 2: They'll find it. But so he's it's like the first core of the game.
Speaker 3: The game is pretty close, and he's we're transitioning, we're walking from one side the field the other, because're like on the thirty five going in and he's like, yeah, I'm motherfuck I'm in you ass all, dam I'm coming at you and I'm on the fifty yard line. I turn around. I go, bro, you keep talking like that, I'm gonna suck your dick. And he like takes a step back and our center comes out of nowhere and goes and we fucking swallow too.
Speaker 2: And it was like the most.
Speaker 3: Perfect He's like, oh what he was like? He was fucking rattled.
Speaker 2: The rest of the day.
Speaker 3: The rest of the day was Malie Jackson. That was That was the individual talking. He's a funny dude.
Speaker 2: He is the greatest shit talker, Like right now in the league.
Speaker 3: I got this shit. I believe in myself. I believe in myself right now. And the only way to believe in myself is to find the best mortgage possible.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna do that across country.
Speaker 3: Mortgage does We'll have all the answers sometimes does Taylor sometimes. And a complicated world, it's hard to know who to trust. But when it comes to your mortgage. There's only one answer, cross Country Mortgage. They have a flexible law, long loan links, a crazy amount of dedication loan officers, and even guarantee closing meaning they pay the daily closing fees, meaning they pay the daily closing fees.
Speaker 2: Ever read that correctly.
Speaker 3: Cross Country Mortgage has a team of loan officers dedicated to getting you the best possible loan terms available. They have an average closing time of twenty one days, which is ridiculously fast, which they've got a wide variety of loan types, which means they've got everything to cover everyone.
Speaker 2: And we have some exciting news.
Speaker 3: They're giving away free Barstool and Cross Country Mortgage sweatshirts when you sign up to refine what's refining, refinance refinance, or get pre approved wall supplies.
Speaker 2: Last.
Speaker 3: In a world where even the pros rarely agree, you can trust Cross Country Mortgage. With average closing time of twenty one days, they've got everything to cover everyone. Go to CrossCountry Mortgage dot com slash barstool so Cross Country Mortgage can take care of you through the home buying process. Here we go, boys, Here we go. Cross Country Mortgage LLC NMLS twenty twenty nine, All loans subject to underwriting approval.
Speaker 1: Three zero two nine n MLS nine cross Country.
Speaker 2: There you go, you group, You're good. You are.
Speaker 3: I'm just taking a deep breath. I'm just taking a deep breath, dude. I'm just taking a deep breath. Cross Country Mortgage LLC NMLS thirty twenty nine, All loans subject to underwriting approval www dot NMLS, Consumer Access dot org. I coughs myself there rank my rank the best shit talkers, I think never The first one that comes off without my head is h Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Jalen is that.
Speaker 3: He just the thing that makes an art of shit talking is a lot of guys talk shit in the first quarter. It's when the second, third, and fourth quarter. If you're still talking in the fourth quarter. One, your conditioning is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: You can run and go all day.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, yeah, like, you'd be so gassed, I wouldn't have time to ye be talking.
Speaker 3: I think Jalen would probably be number one. A sleeper to me, it's Trey Hendrickson the d N from the Bengals. Yeah, white boy, he was. I played him when he was at the Saints, and he got it like a sack and a half. On we had a tough game in the beginning of the game. We're playing in the playoffs divisional game, and he got in his face a little bit and he's like, remember what happened last time?
Speaker 2: You remember what happened last time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, this dude keeps receipts, but he remembers, and so we were.
Speaker 2: Going back and forth.
Speaker 10: Whole baseball is truly like a sport of keeping a book, and especially with pictures like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you get. But the thing with baseball is you can talk shit. You're up at that, you're gonna get you're taking a ninety eight.
Speaker 10: That's one of the great things about the sport is that you know, the pitcher was really the only guy who has the authority to level and exact revenge for your teammates.
Speaker 2: Right. Well that in hockey too, especially back in the night. Everyone's got to stick and everyone's there were like dunes. I think it's that.
Speaker 3: There's a documentary now it's called The Ice Guardians, and it's pretty outstanding.
Speaker 2: Those guys.
Speaker 3: There's the movie, the movie Oh Ross the Boss, Ray and Doug the Thug Glaidie. It's my favorite movie.
Speaker 4: That movie, it's good.
Speaker 3: Even I gotta disagree with you on that.
Speaker 6: That was.
Speaker 2: Greatest sports all time is Major League. That's a good one. Also took place in Tucson, Arizona. That does you that guy about it? Hey, we're we're at dinner.
Speaker 3: We're at dinner one time and I go, hey, cave creeks still he goes, stops me, goes to so on the most beautiful part of bears on that question, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Dude stops me in the middle of my.
Speaker 1: Saying he's gonna have that basement where he's got all the Tucson and yeah, you come.
Speaker 2: On down this podcast.
Speaker 12: Office of your political Uh, the future is could put because the theory that we are exploring here is that there's so much testosterone and straight man energy on the field that the only way to disrupt that flow is to be provoke with some sort of sexual there's a level of like, I don't know what it is, and I can only speak for the NFL community, but there's a level of homophobia.
Speaker 3: It's in a weird way, and to me, it's like it don't matter. I mean, you dudes on the asshole times. Hey, good game like that. You know what I'm saying, what's if you're.
Speaker 10: Asking me, there's absolutely nothing wrong And you can ask the guys on the road with me particularly, I am constantly naked.
Speaker 3: I'm constantly trying to a phenomenal body break the walls.
Speaker 10: Down for anybody who because you have to be And I'm now like pushing the comedy of it, but like the truth is close when you're living close to somebody on a bus. If you are got your hackles up because you're worried about seeing a penis or a set of beautiful balls in your face, or like smelling someone's ship from the fucking thing, You're not gonna last long.
Speaker 2: So you have to you have to.
Speaker 10: Really go headlong in beautiful And for me, it's like be naked as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Literally we have. There's never been a bunch brothers.
Speaker 10: So everyone's always slapping butts and and you know, touching each other inappropriately and every.
Speaker 2: Hr complaint you can think of any I mean literally our hr on I mean, Middlan would be no more if we were.
Speaker 9: Cameron's birthday present to me on my last birthday was and this took a lot of waiting because I was off somewhere and they had to wait for me to get back to the bus. When I walked onto the bus, Cameron was doing a handstand completely naked. Mark was holding his legs at about an angle like this in the air, and there was.
Speaker 2: A pick no es.
Speaker 4: There was a paper plate that was his penus was through.
Speaker 3: It had to hurt a little bit.
Speaker 4: On the paper plate it said happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was thoughtful.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what they always say, like it's it's you know, you can get somebody, buy somebody gift, but if you.
Speaker 2: Make them a card that really is forever. Yeah, that's a beautiful Hey.
Speaker 1: But on the on the homophobia in the NFL, you can you cannot be homophobic and you just don't you just.
Speaker 2: Don't want to play gay.
Speaker 1: I said, you cannot be homophobic and just not want to play gay. Oh yeah, like you said, there's a level of homophobia. It's like, well, some dudes just might not want to play gay.
Speaker 10: Because that's actually also very Actually, you know what, if we're being honest.
Speaker 2: I think that you're probably way more close to.
Speaker 10: The truth of it all, because maybe some people are just don't think that it's appropriate.
Speaker 2: Rich Taylor, Yea, that could be it. I just heard a story.
Speaker 3: I just heard a story of having a squidward nose out of a paper I.
Speaker 5: Have a feeling that, like basically, the last the last twenty minutes of this conversation is going to be edited out.
Speaker 2: No, it's over now. Like this, we got Jack worked up so much one time.
Speaker 3: He's one of those guys and he doesn't play.
Speaker 2: He'said, oh, bro, I'm kidding all of y'all, what taking out? He worked up? Like? You know? Actually, all I have is okay, Well Marks is better though he is the same paper plane. But oh my god, that's outstanding. You think I was gonna go there. No, I didn't no clue that was gonna go there.
Speaker 10: I kept yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: Well I love it. First man, there's no cameras back there, no, no, no. And if it was, we blurred out too.
Speaker 4: I got another sports question.
Speaker 2: Those are too beautiful not to pay for to see question. We got to ask some stuff about y'all. I know this is why you guys.
Speaker 9: I'm getting lots of information, all right, So you're on the ground.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: Somebody attempts to step over you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Do you grab?
Speaker 2: Do you? What?
Speaker 3: Are you disrespectful to step over somebody?
Speaker 4: So what do you do if you're the guys?
Speaker 2: I've never been sped over. I think I just make fun of it, like just laugh. Hey, what the fuck helped me up? Bro? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just some weird ship Like I'm more like just have fun being on the field talking and ship like that.
Speaker 2: If people take shit way too seriously, yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Will does have a good time no matter what.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: The only time I've seen you get mad though, when we played against each other.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't get mad. I was, oh, yes we did. What did you say? I want to know? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We So what was playing for the Raiders the year after he played for the Titans And like, well if.
Speaker 2: Sorry, well what year was this again?
Speaker 10: It was twenty nineteen team I think it wasn't eighteen Okay, okay at the Raiders last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it was the second last game there, too. Very cool to play there. That was a very cool place. But I'm excited to play Will because Will and I are facetiming every other night kind of talking.
Speaker 2: How's your season going on? My season going? All right, and we're talking back and forth and that's that's after the.
Speaker 3: Game and uh, we go no, no, we're We're in.
Speaker 2: The middle of play. We Uh.
Speaker 3: Will and I are both warming up at the same time. I didn't see Will, but apparently Will saw me and like, instead of coming up to me to say hello, he walks off the field, big tough guy move on me, which I didn't know because.
Speaker 4: I didn't see him. Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm literally hugging everybody. Yeah, all the boys.
Speaker 3: And Will is a glue guy. Like when you when you want you want to put a locker room together, bring Will in it. And he's gonna have all the boys, all the gms and coaches listening. He's a dude that keeps the boys together for sure. Absolutely, that's all the jerseys. Shout out Wesley Woodyard. I'm talking about. Not a lot of teams could afford.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: I so during the game Will starting, someone got hurt or something like that, splitting reps one of the times I was in so uh, the game starts in my head. In my head, I'm like, I get to block Will the whole day because there's a lot of times I'm going up to linebacker level and I get to block the guy or whatever, and I see Will and we call a certain play. It's a gap scheme player. I'm going to the mic limberger, which is Will, and I see him like, this is my fucking op. I'm gonna crank this kid. Dude, I'm gonna fucking try to end Will's career right now. I go, I hit the hip of this uh this three technique and I run up to him and Will's job is to get over top of me. Well, my job is to wheel them out. So we're both kind of like doing our jobs.
Speaker 2: But I think the play wasn't biased, Like we're kind of just fucked. We were we know, we know we're against it. We knew it's about to go down.
Speaker 3: And I grab I I grab Will, Will turns I start running him in the plays obviously over and I give him another shove before I leave it, and I go want to know, and I like walk I started to walk away, and Will's like you could tell it.
Speaker 2: Wills like fluster doesn't have like any words in the bank, Well.
Speaker 3: You fin fuck you have anything in the tank for it, And then.
Speaker 5: Say that except like at three thirty in the morning, a cold sweat and you had to come back. Yeah, that's the worst when you have that somebody that's complete stunds.
Speaker 2: I'm always I always have something.
Speaker 5: Uh let me let me ask you this as one more sports question because uh, you know the the rams just I might have one too, you might as well.
Speaker 2: But like, okay, the next hour of the podcast Donald.
Speaker 5: But everybody's talking about Aaron Donald being perhaps the greatest defensive player is done all the time, So what but I see that? But then I'm like, I'm thinking about it, like with like Lawrence Taylor back in the day, and you know, there's there's been some some amazing guys. But I feel like Aaron Donald's been kind of like a sleeper of the greatest of all time.
Speaker 2: But what makes a sleeper? What makes him? Is it just all the stats are just like him, Like he's like on his way, He's put together a resume. Early Will had a.
Speaker 3: Great argument for this because people were saying he was the greatest defensive player of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it was ready playing Yeah time, Yeah, same draft class.
Speaker 2: But I mean, the dude, the got to be through. I mean there's safeties, there's I know, there's Ray Lewis. What he's doing he could potentially is he's not retiring.
Speaker 13: No, I know he's come, I think, and I'm just speculating. There was a lot of money thrown at Sean McVay. I think, go to Amazon for Thursday Night Football, and he didn't take it. I think if Sean would, it's like a hundred many dollars.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, some crazy moss. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sean is Sean mcvagh From everything I've heard in the videos i've seen.
Speaker 2: On him, he is like he was going to memory like nobody else. What is that schooling through the old times?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, but I will say and donald a really good is he's I think him being a little shorter helps him out a lot. He's got that built in leverage. He's stronger than everybody.
Speaker 2: Is he like the strongest guy in the NFL?
Speaker 3: I don't know, there's some strong cats out there, dude, but he could quite possibly be in the running.
Speaker 2: Like the strongest guys. And Derek is probably the strongest back in the NFL. Jesus, Oh my god, he's a beast. Yeah, he's an animal. Ship He's an animal. That's wrong. McDonald's brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, A long line of McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Dude, he's compact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a compact dude, but he's strong and shift. He's got great moves.
Speaker 2: Dereck Henry the Boys, I'm curious to know your perspective's fucking freak. He's a stud. Damn this makes me want to go. That's that's a J. That's our wide.
Speaker 3: Receiver right there, and the next him is DK Metcalf well AJ. Just so just for reference, a J is fucking built like a like an action figure. Shoulders, shoulders like this, waist like this dude is absolutely stacked.
Speaker 2: And that's how big d.
Speaker 5: K is why I quit playing football after my freshman year.
Speaker 2: I walked.
Speaker 5: I was just getting hit by dudes like that and Taylor, and I was like, I'm not going to make a living doing this.
Speaker 3: Dude to survive another practice, Look look up the kicker for the Colts.
Speaker 2: Just look up hot dudes, athletes.
Speaker 3: Then there's this guy, same sport, same sport, fill out the shoulder pads, go to the third row middle with his arms. No one more down, one more down right down?
Speaker 2: From there?
Speaker 4: Is that the hardest, the hardest job.
Speaker 14: That one glorify.
Speaker 5: A quarterback being a kicker is the smartest thing to focus on, right kicker.
Speaker 2: If you if you guys could go back rappers by far, not the shops. I'm sorry, but you don't get hit as the one.
Speaker 3: Really, No, I think it's a more difficult job because I think at golf, it's like watching golf and going one of these guys just put it in the green every single time. Like it's kind of one of those things. As a punter, you have to put it in the corner.
Speaker 2: You have to know where you're at, you have to take some off of it, put some back spin on it. That's all you do.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I'm telling you, I think I think when you wish again, who's our punter, I think he would say something different.
Speaker 2: What would you I watched this day to day? I would love his life. Oh yeah, go to be a busy question that I have happened basketball player. No, I was never a basketball player baseball, But like.
Speaker 5: If if I'm a if I'm an NBA playoff team, I'm giving Taylor like a ten day contract just to man up somebody, like a big guy or something.
Speaker 2: Just to have him falls five thousand in the playoffs. I'll definitely foul out. There's no easy buckets like I'm I'm not tall.
Speaker 5: Like the Titans should should give Lebron like a two month contract.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I don't think Lebron would.
Speaker 3: I don't think he would. He could do it soft, just a different sport.
Speaker 2: It's a different sport. I don't think Lebron's soft at all.
Speaker 10: I'm kidding if you're listening, was like thirty seven years old years old.
Speaker 2: I'm not dying on that one game. I want to know something because I grew up in the Bearer. He was a player, he played. I'm very interested in real he was a great football player. About who's who's the guys?
Speaker 4: No, shut the funk up, Like, well.
Speaker 2: He's asking, he's asking one question. Like but he continued, I'm very interested to talk about Raiders because you're talking.
Speaker 10: I want to know what the culture was like in that in that in that stadium, stadium, oh about halftime was like THHC O over the place.
Speaker 2: Halloween every weekend? Was it the South end zone? Yeah?
Speaker 1: God, b yeah, Halloween every weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. We would take the Bart there from where we lived.
Speaker 10: The closest Bart was Dublin, So you can take it straight to Oakland Coliseum and then or whatever you want to call it for whoever's playing, but McAfee, whatever the fuck. It was the year that we were going to see the A's play, but we would occasionally go. It was a little bit more expensive to go see the Raiders play. We would go to A's games. They had dollar Wednesdays, so you can get in for free and go, you know, eat a bunch of hot dogs and get ship hammered. What was it like playing for that team though, the Raiders at a stadium where it feels like it.
Speaker 2: Was pretty much contact. I doesn't remember anything.
Speaker 10: You don't remember anything because they were waiting to get out of there for so long too.
Speaker 2: It was like five six years and then I don't really understand.
Speaker 1: I didn't really get to know the culture like that until like I was there and then you understood how important it was. But for me, like I was hyped just to play on the Raiders because in my opinion, they're like the best jersey in the best uniform. Yeah, you got the best, the silver and black bro goes hard.
Speaker 2: I just love doing that.
Speaker 1: Knowing I was part of the last year playing in Oakland, I kind of understood by, you know, seeing the fans and everybody else, how seriously, but that I didn't know a whole lot going with Roger.
Speaker 10: Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of the actual place personally, it was not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody kind of shipped on it. But at the same time, it's like, it's so historical.
Speaker 10: How did you How do you like playing over a baseball track in the season?
Speaker 2: See, I missed that. I was I was last after the year, so I never.
Speaker 3: Had to play in the ball That's terrible if you fall on that dirt.
Speaker 2: The pictures of Mount Stadium, if you don't the pictures, is that niue? Is there any other places in the season? Miami University of Miami did that right for a little bit. They used to have I haven't been to, Uh what's the new stadium? So which is the best stadium? Is it this? Or is it so fine? Playing this one? And I've played the old Raiders. I haven't playing this one yet. At this point they're all going to be five and I have like a field level bar. Oh yeah, it is Vegas and Dallas.
Speaker 3: When you when you play Dallas, you walk through you go out of your locker room and you're as you're waiting to go out of the tunnel, there's like a big glass like sheet, a sheet of glass with people just looking at you, drinking beers.
Speaker 5: I think the NFL being in Vegas is like one of the best things to happen.
Speaker 2: We came out of halftime and Little John's performing.
Speaker 1: The lights are off, lights are going everywhere and he's just performing shots shots, and everybody it's just like a club in there.
Speaker 5: See their their team play the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Fore, I used to not be a fan of Vegas. I used to not like it at all, but now I love Vegas. I think it's an outstanding time.
Speaker 15: So, you know, the only difference between our jobs because every night you have to go on and you have to perform, to perform in front of a bunch of people. Sometimes you go out there, but just picture I means you're playing right.
Speaker 2: Also, you get blindsided three and fifteen pounds.
Speaker 10: Guys speaking for you, guys, because for me, sometimes you just don't feel like going on.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 10: You guys get weeks between a week between most without a buye like games, right, you're working the whole time. Yeah, sometimes we're out for like two weeks in a row and it's let's show every night, right, so by like halfway.
Speaker 2: Through, you're like, fuck, I don't want to go out tonight.
Speaker 10: The difference is we get to drink and do drugs if the legal ones, of course, going out to help anxiety sometimes.
Speaker 2: Does when you have Yeah, I mean don't. Don't you guys do that. I know you guys are tough dudes.
Speaker 10: Okay, you don't have to be tougher than we already, just so that you guys are the toughest guy you've ever seen in his life.
Speaker 2: That's probably not true.
Speaker 1: Spelling too, you like that can.
Speaker 2: Spells like you literally just washed that shirt. You can't just crack a coups like I mean, I guess you could, but cigars that have to but like.
Speaker 10: Does it psychologically like know that you can't just take something to escape whatever, like the anxiety is going into I guess we should start by saying, do you get anxiety going on the field at any given time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I think.
Speaker 3: I mean Will knows like we before a game, like when you go out to pregame, when you're like warming up and stuff like that, there's anxiety when you go in before you come out for the national anthem. That's when no, that's when the most anxiety hits. That's when you're thinking, Okay, what if this happens, what if that happens? You go in it, sit there for a little bit. Really, the anxiety doesn't go away to like that first snap. And as far as like drinking and stuff, like you can guys drink after the game, guys drink all time. For me, it's like that's a super dry season for me, Like, very rarely do I drink during the season because you're always playing catchup for recovery.
Speaker 2: Like sleep is huge, sleep is huge.
Speaker 3: Finding, you know, those alternative ways to escape sometimes is nice, but in a healthy way. I can't really talk about that necessarily. No, I'm getting no.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, like I at my house, I see what you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at my house, I have like there's a float that's me not during the season, pretor I'm.
Speaker 10: Curious what these alternatives are because I'm actually in the midst.
Speaker 2: Of have you have you ever microdoves mushrooms? Yeah? Actually Mark got me on it recently. Outstanding, Right, Well, here's where I use it.
Speaker 10: Taking a little bit before when I'm not drinking, taking it before golf, I've found it.
Speaker 2: It's like a performance enhancing drug.
Speaker 10: I'm like, holy shit, my head's quiet, I'm focused, I feel very zen.
Speaker 2: That's what I like these things.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't like necessarily mixing in with drinking because I feel like it's a kind of a weird.
Speaker 2: Weird deal. But how much are you taking of the micro just I don't know how much are these things? But it's it's a it's a chocolate.
Speaker 10: Bar and they come in sections and I'm only taking a section of the one. Right, So I don't eat weed because it trips me out, and I'm done smoking it because of my vocals.
Speaker 2: But like, so don't I do that? Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I found this stuff recently called maybe I shouldn't say it because I'm not.
Speaker 3: No, if you want, if you feel bad after, we can always cut it.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't feel bad. But I'm not technically an investor yet.
Speaker 10: Okay, but it's called right now, We're called feel Free and it's a Kavak mixture and it comes in a little bottle.
Speaker 3: Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, But kava is like I don't want to sound in sense of like a Polynesian like mud drink, right, Yes, it's a rude drink and they smash it and they put it in water and you drink it.
Speaker 10: That ship's fire, dude, So check it outable parts. One part is also a route that they've been using to a lot of people have been using it.
Speaker 2: It's a let me, let me, I will explain this. It comes into a into a powder.
Speaker 10: It's been so quiet, okay, and they use the extract of it a lot of it.
Speaker 2: People have been using it.
Speaker 10: To get off of opiates because it gives you a similar feeling.
Speaker 2: This drink, This is the drink that I drink now every day. Find it a little bit though. No, here's the thing.
Speaker 10: You have to be careful if you only drink it. You can drink one of these a night and it feels like you've got a little bit of a buzz. It's almost like smoking Indica. It's beautiful. I love, very euphoric. Don't drink too much on this stuff because if you drink on it, you will suffer what happened to me in Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's one of the worst hangovers you've ever had in your entire life. So don't do that.
Speaker 10: But if you have this stuff in its purest for me, you just drink it. It's the kratim too is it's not synthetic and it's not extract it's just straight the good stuff.
Speaker 2: A minute, it isn't incredible. My wife took it and had like a yeah, some people are from beer too.
Speaker 3: We had a Polynesian dude a couple of years ago, was like right after the season and then we're about to do like exit interviews, and he had like a whole like like home depot bucket full of it, and he was like kavava and he was like scooping out and he's like, drink this. I'm like, you know when in Rome, right, So I'm like I kind of drink it. And I had like, yes, dude. I was sitting there like I felt amazing, but like I was also like, I can't really be doing public ship right now.
Speaker 2: There's Alva bars now popping up everywhere.
Speaker 11: My dad was igal thing to say, it's it's clear in the University of Texas.
Speaker 5: I was talking about I got to give my wife a plug. My wife is just launching a company called Joggi, which is all alternative plant based energy and you know and basically relaxation.
Speaker 2: And answers.
Speaker 5: So it's full spectrum CBD. Okay, terrapeans what that's cool?
Speaker 2: Right? And this is like an NFT. Yeah, so she's she's it's it's two parts.
Speaker 5: So she's launched a company called TYB, which is a essentially a decentralized digital community building software where fans and brands build and win together with like real currency, and you actually can crowdsource and and fund projects, et cetera. It's it's a little bit above my pay grade. But her first company under TYB is a is a performance company called Joggy, so it's full spectrum CBD terrapines. And a thing called THHC five is their THHC five or thc v.
Speaker 2: I field, which doesn't have any of the fields CV sorry THDV I always forget and it is.
Speaker 5: It is amazing because you know, the idea was that she was trying to replicate the sense that you get when you are running like six miles, you really do get a runners high, and they talk about that, and she's basically kind of recreated that in a in a dropper and a gummy that you can take really and then there's one the ready Steady is how you come down and relax. But all this stuff is anti inflammatory. It's good for anxiety, depression, energizing. And then she has the Joystick, which is the full spectrum CBD Arnica Magnolia, which is like a really healthy natural icy hot And this stuff's amazing and it's anti inflammatory. So like you know, I've got bad I've got bad knees. Yeah, I rolled on my knee. It's amazing. And the rechargees Cam You're gonna love these. It's gonna help with your anxiety. But the runners have the JOGGI. If you take like a full dropper of it, it'll it feels like you're high, but without the paranoid of like the THHC. So because I get, I get like paranoid.
Speaker 3: And where where does your wife source all the CBD and everything else?
Speaker 5: So actually she works with a group out of Austin, Texas. They work with the University of Texas and they're like the foremost experts. The reason she got into is because there's so much unregulated CBD.
Speaker 2: You know, you go to every.
Speaker 5: Fucking truck stop and CBD and regulated and sometimes you'll get you'll get like a CBD honey or something that you're taking for because the benefits are incredible, full spectrum CBD and marijuana. But if you you can get a CBD thing and it's fucking loaded with TFC, and you get higher than you've ever gotten, and you don't want to be high because there's oftentimes that you got to go do a fucking interview or play show like you don't want to be that way. So she got into that working with these groups of this expert in in Texas. So everything is the highest integrity, Everything is fully checked and it is I'm telling you man, as far as like supplements go, I'm gonna send you guys and stuff. It is fantastic for a pre workout, post workout. It's gonna be great for you guys. You guys get tested.
Speaker 2: For for marijuana. You're not allowed to.
Speaker 5: How the fucking in in this modern age is weed still illegal for for athletes?
Speaker 2: It's fully beneficial. I think it's slowly trending that way.
Speaker 3: Think has to go wreck nationwide before yeah, before you can make this, And mushrooms are next.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms are going to be legalized. Beefits of mushrooms anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, I think somebody was also talking about a natural a natural relaxer or performance enhancer.
Speaker 2: Was in tequila, we also drink. Are you talking about well?
Speaker 5: Somebody said, somebody said, somebody said, ten minutes left in this midle.
Speaker 2: You guys are our first fucking band we've had. I don't we haven't talked about music at all. Let's ask a sports question another sports ques. Well, we're such big sports fans. We've just been geeking out.
Speaker 10: How how destroyed are you at the end of the season, Like physically, what was it like at the end?
Speaker 3: It's pretty rough because you feel like like I was telling JP about this and you just kind of laughing at me because like when I.
Speaker 2: Get like the first three weeks the website looks bad out.
Speaker 5: Sorry to interrupt you too, but god, what a fucking great website and it's.
Speaker 2: A great tequila toal thank you.
Speaker 3: The first three weeks after a season, like I have like a more difficult time for the first three weeks after the season after after the season, is.
Speaker 2: It because your endorphins are down?
Speaker 3: And like, well yeah, usually I get like a really sick rad after the season because it's like you've been going and going and going, and like your body's like, all right, what are we doing next, yeck, it's over. Then your body kind of just takes time to regroup and just like figure itself out. But one thing that happens to me is, and it's been this way for a long time, is I have a harder time like cognitively putting together sentences. And it's not like I'm just talking gibberish, but like I'll start like mumbling a little more, stuttering a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more. Hasn't had any problem today, no.
Speaker 3: Weeks fucking potting the kettle black over here in the corners boys.
Speaker 2: But it is, it is. Uh, it is definitely a transition.
Speaker 3: But like you get a month out of the season, You're fine, feel good, your body's pretty blown.
Speaker 2: It depends. It depends how you take care of your body.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean not just after, but like at the very end, say you make it to the super Bowl, you're in you know, going into the playoffs, is your body just.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I mean most of the time you're doing walk throughs.
Speaker 1: You're doing walk throughs, like you'll work out a little bit, like say at the beginning of the year, you'll be on tough for two or three days a week or something, and then by the end of the year. You're strictly like one or two, depending on how your body is, because you're rehabbing a lot of stuff, so you're trying to do more like mobility and dynamic stuff versus like lifting heavyweight.
Speaker 2: Shout out Roman, no free shoutouts.
Speaker 1: Before we shout out Roman, make sure you're subscribed to the YouTube channel right now. Part it'll take three seconds. Look, no one's perfect. The boys aren't perfect. Even the best baseball players strike out with the basis loaded. The best golfer sometimes three point with the tournament on the lion. So if you feel like you come up short in the bedroom, sometimes it's perfectly okay. But if it's bothering you, the boys have options for you. Go to get Roman dot com slash Busting Boys now because with Roman you can get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for your ED all from the comfort and privacy of your own home. A US licensed healthcare professional will work with you to find the best treatment plan necessary.
Speaker 2: If medication is appropriate, it shifts you free with two days shipping.
Speaker 1: The whole process is straightforward and discreete getting started as simple. Just go to get Roman dot com slash Busting and complete an online visit.
Speaker 2: Take care of your ED without leaving home.
Speaker 1: Complete an online visit today to connect with a doctor and take care of it. Go to get Roman dot com slash Busting Boys Busting Boys get a free online evaluation and ongoing care for ED, all from the comfort and privacy of your home. I know I've said get Roman dot com slash Busting and also Busting Boys.
Speaker 2: Use either one.
Speaker 1: They both work, But go ahead and go do that for the boys. Shout out Romano free shoutouts, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 10: We do the same thing on tour, Like we start heavy in a tour where where every day we're doing a long sound check, we're working songs out and by the end of the fucking tour.
Speaker 2: Dude, you are literal sound check as a joke. You're like, we're not going yeah, there's no sound check today. We don't ever ask us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you and you're finding Also, you're only doing one set. You're not doing four different sets, four different nights, Like, no, we got the one set.
Speaker 2: We're doing it. You want to go in a cruise control because your.
Speaker 10: Mind and your body are fatigued and you're trying to not put so much stress on your psyche and yours.
Speaker 3: Do you think it takes away from your guys, just like stage presence towards.
Speaker 10: The end of because at that point you're like, well, this is the working set. The other part of it is is because the set has also been sorted out. You've weeded through the things that you found that aren't working in the first couple of weeks from a song standpoint, like or transitions or songs pairings, stuff like that, and you're like, really found a vein. You know, We're not like Bruce Springsteen where it's like every night we're taking requests and you're like, okay, you guys remember Chuck Berry's you know, it's it's still like on rails very much more like the Eagles, Like they had a thing on a tour and they fucking pounded it into the ground and it was just like pitch perfect. Like you're really trying to get to that level of like performance purity and precision. But like your your performance is you've got all these new tricks, you know what I mean, and like everything is a vault through it.
Speaker 2: So if at its best.
Speaker 10: You're working less and doing more and sounding better than you have, if you're not smoking weed and blowing your vocals out, or like playing music after a show at one thousand percent, or doing a podcast for two hours with your buddies, or what are the things you're avoiding on tour.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny because when we started it was it was wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just partying every night.
Speaker 3: I remember meeting you guys at the barbecue and I was like, those fucking guys, dude.
Speaker 2: We were wearing the crop top pennies.
Speaker 3: We was hilarious.
Speaker 5: We were like that every night and it and it exacted and exacted a toll. I had to go to see a voice doctor, a throat doctor, right before COVID and H and he's like, he's like, dude, you can't. You can't. Like you drinking and smoking and like screaming and playing this. He's like, you're gonna you're gonna lose your voice. You have to get surgery. And then with COVID, who took a big break, and I was able to rest my voice. And then we've really evolved, you know, as the stakes get higher, we've just we've had to become athletes. You know, we're again up in the morning and we're drinking, you know, our full spectrum shake with all the nutrients and you know, fucking making everybody work out and getting a sweat in and stretching and and you know, living healthy.
Speaker 2: Now, we still drink cours La on that night. You have a couple of cores lights to cut of close to mellow out. But it's it's become your capa drink. Well, yeah, you can't. You can't just the party thing.
Speaker 5: If you want to get it to the next level, which we're trying to, you've got to kind of be that.
Speaker 2: This guy we've got it with, Cameron, has a whole thing now with.
Speaker 5: Our SODA's and he doesn't know, but he's just given him soda at the end of the show, faking No.
Speaker 10: I'm done on the road right now, I'm off of it after Really, yeah, you have to go in waves on stuff.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you guys when you this is your your third album or fourth album.
Speaker 2: So it's our third studio recording for Big Machine. We actually put out four albums. Got You in COVID.
Speaker 10: We put out The Sonic Branch, which was a collection, it was a it was a it was.
Speaker 2: Our original recordings that we did.
Speaker 10: The get a record deal is the thing we were showing people, and COVID happened, and we basically went back to the vaults and found all the footage from that first recording.
Speaker 2: And these records and we went and mixed them and stuff.
Speaker 3: But now you're doing so much more stuff, Like you're writing for a movie, which, hey, why.
Speaker 2: The way your boy's gonna be in? Yeah? Look that this is you're in like one scene now and you're acting to what is what do you guys as.
Speaker 3: Big plan as far as like from a band standpoint, like how do you guys have a date of Like, Hey, we're going to do this for ten more years and then we want to like, yeah things, that's it.
Speaker 5: We've got We've got a couple more albums on this and you know, life in the road is it's a blast, you know, playing playing shows. It's easy to get it no matter how tired you are, because it's it's just like one of the you guys know, it's like stepping on the field in front of thousands of people.
Speaker 2: You get such a rush. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: But the traveling and being away from home and you know, being a grown man living three feet away from you know, your bandmate and business partner and best buddies. You know that stuff really wears on you. So, I mean it does, but I mean I thought it was. You know, there's certain guys like Willie Nelson is Willie Nelson's a road dog. Willie Nelson is happy. He wants to be out two hundred and eighty days every year for his entire life. And I think I think we enjoy the road. We've been touring so hard.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: Life might be a little bit different than our road life.
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, I think we're really interested in continuing to expand you know, the full spectrum of being an artist. And you know, Jess is creative directing for Age are seeing design and stuff, and Cameron's a really talented writer and director. And you know, we've we've created in solito from from scratch with our with our partners, and that was an amazing creative exercise.
Speaker 2: And it's all related to it. You know, it's it's all creation.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's it'd be it'd be fun to have some other things going and and maybe two or three months out of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you guys ever been tested like the band, like the Boys breaking up or anything?
Speaker 2: Like that. Have we been tested? Like, have you guys been tested? Oh my god, Like dude, we've we're brothers.
Speaker 5: Each one of us is storing a fist at any interchangeable fight surreia.
Speaker 2: That's happened.
Speaker 5: There's been times when the three of us are just fighting and you don't even know who's like fighting, you know, it's like it's just it's like family.
Speaker 2: That's been a point where you guys go, one of you, guys, I'm done. That's it. You got many times, really, what are you usually over?
Speaker 4: Do you lot a submarine? Basically, because that's what a tour bus.
Speaker 9: Your whole metal you know tube that you live on for months of the year and you sleep this far away from somebody, you know, you brush your teeth going down the road, you know and knocking into people nses get high, Yeah, and you mix that with being being tired, you know, because you know, for a band like us, you know, it's a mix of fly dates and bus dates.
Speaker 4: Why dates mean you get up really early in the morning.
Speaker 9: Bus dates usually mean that you go to bed super late and you don't get probably that great a sleep, you know, so fatigue and.
Speaker 5: To have about the performance pressure you know, the pressure of the states are really high.
Speaker 2: The performance you got, I mean, which is just.
Speaker 3: That common in general, is kind of wild to me because like, uh, what was less than a month ago we're at soho house together just you weren't there, but like, you guys are hanging out in the back. You're doing an interview with this poor woman who just wants to get serious questions out of you guys. You're like, oh, do the interview with us, obta. You guys are having a fucking great time.
Speaker 2: Come out. It's a small set obviously.
Speaker 3: And you're probably doing a favor in a way, but it just seems super relaxed.
Speaker 2: We didn't seem.
Speaker 3: Overly stressful compared to you when I go look at walking to a locker room and I see you guys, well got the headphones on, steering at a wall, you know, like.
Speaker 2: The big pressure that like, we have fun. You got to have fun with it.
Speaker 5: And look, we love each other, you know, we're we're are brothers at this point. We're really good friends. So we have a lot of laugh and I have a lot of fun. But it's you know, you're also doing something really intimate. You're creating and writing music, you know, and you have three really strong opinions, so you're naturally going to have that tension. Is three grown men, artist creators that are you know, also business partners, also travel partners also essentially you know, roommates, and we don't we're not like you know, somebody like Eric Church or Chris Stapleton, like you know, they tour. I was just looking at Chris's tour schedule and he's just turing his ass off for like three months, you know what I mean, and then he's off, you know, he's on the road, and one's on the road basically twelve months out a year. We take we take a three week break for Christmas, and then it's like right back at it.
Speaker 2: And we've been doing that for you know, eight years straight. It doesn't really end.
Speaker 3: Why do you think that is just the stages of where you guys are at in your careers or don't know.
Speaker 2: How it's hard.
Speaker 9: It's hard to take your foot off the gas when you when you're getting constantly new, when the trajectory is going like that, you know, it's it's hard to take your foot off the gas and say no to stuff and you want to continue to strike it went like that for four years and we toured NonStop and then COVID happened, knocked us down for like two years. And now it's now we've got to make a time, you know, at a time when we probably felt like we would be slowing down, you know.
Speaker 4: Now it's like.
Speaker 5: Point, the bigger you get, the less money you make because your company is growing bigger. You got multiple buses, you got you got more the shows, you got a much bigger crew, so the overheads getting bigger, and it's kind of like this uh vicious cycle, so you get stuck in it. But you know, again, it all comes back down to the music, to the shows, and that's what that's what that's what makes it.
Speaker 2: So rewarding, so rewarding. It's such a rush.
Speaker 5: We love writing, we love recording, and we love playing, so that's what makes it worthwhile. But yeah, man, I mean it's that's think about all the all the all of our heroes that have flamed out and died early. You know, the road is a dangerous place and uh, you know, and uh, the temptations are real and in a lot of ways, so it's uh, it's it's tough being a family man. But three of us are essentially brothers, and we've been through fucking Helen back and you know, essentially we've lifted each other up as opposed to being like a solo artist where you're kind of out there on your own.
Speaker 2: So as much as you.
Speaker 5: Know it sucks when you look at your bank statement you're splitting everything three ways, you know, it's great. It's great having a you know, brothers on the road to kind of lift you up.
Speaker 2: And get accountable to the whole time.
Speaker 3: Also, if someone's flying off the rails a little bit and kind of hacked fu, yeah, bring them.
Speaker 2: A touch, got a rain Cameron, and all the fucking time, you got that juice. Now, I wonder if that certificers I do?
Speaker 3: I really want to try that From a writing stad about And I'm just peppering them now because we took the last hour talking about god knows what from a writing standpoint, what does the writing look like for you guys, Like, how do you sit down and go like do that process?
Speaker 2: We typically will just book time to go get together and write.
Speaker 10: You know, there's people that do it every day and they get together with people and they write every day, or they write by themselves every day personally for me, because there are mini outlets creatively, like depending on what the what state of mind I'm in at any given time. It's not like I'm not sitting down at the guitar every single day writing.
Speaker 2: So scheduling stuff. As a band.
Speaker 10: We also don't live near each other anymore, all three of us, so we get together.
Speaker 2: We're like, we're gonna write for the next album. You know, we'll block out time.
Speaker 10: And you'll come with a song, idea song title, some chords, whatever, and then just you know, start making shit. And the odd thing is, you know, or the remarkable thing about this band is just how consistently we can get together and create good shit, you know, Like I feel like even our mediocre stuff is fifteen times better than shit that's on the radio.
Speaker 2: And I'm bragging, but it's.
Speaker 10: The truth, Like we just make really great stuff, I feel like, you know. And also, this is another luxury of being in a band. You can say shit like that and not sound like an asshole.
Speaker 2: Right if I was, why don't you sound like an asshole right now there at church? If I say what I do is.
Speaker 10: Great, then I'm taking all the credit as supposed to sharing the credit. So so I feel like we have a really great like a rapport when it comes to respecting each other and like sitting down and fucking writing music. Like there's also a level of like you have to be there has to be a different mode than like sitting around and stealing the mic, you know what I mean. It's a different, totally different dynamics sitting down and right, like you have to be very sensitive and have your feelers out and let everyone talk and do your thing.
Speaker 2: Like it's a total dark art for it's hard for everybody talk. It's really hard for me. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: That was just I was just meditating right now as he's talking.
Speaker 2: There's so many times I wanted to interject it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but my boy just was very eloquent and that he was beautiful, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: He's good. Look, he's pretty easy on the he's good to look at it.
Speaker 5: Now. We got it.
Speaker 2: We've got a great thing going man.
Speaker 5: And this the new album is we haven't listened to it since like we you know, mixed it for mastering, and we were just doing interviews right before this and and going over and listening to the songs and yeah, it's it's going to be killers.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what you guys.
Speaker 3: I know you guys have to get out of here, but I will well, that worked out well. The Your Guys sound, for sure is different, and it's it's awesome because it's almost like almost making fun of like eighties music. It's a very twangy and very more like kind of bringing back older school country with like a new twist on it.
Speaker 9: We're way influenced by the eighties nineties country is.
Speaker 3: You can see it too when you listen to it. It's you guys are my most my favorite band to listen to from a country standpoint, and it's it definitely. You guys do an amazing job, an amazing job.
Speaker 2: Dude, you're a third favorite offensive lineman, top five boys, top five to No. Taylor is the best.
Speaker 5: And you know watching his highlights, he's fucking He's very entertaining.
Speaker 2: He's like watching a hockey player, you know, play football. Yeah, before you guys, okay, we have one bolded thing. Your favorite band ever.
Speaker 4: Ruce Springsteen in the East Street Band.
Speaker 10: All right, solid, I'm gonna I'm gonna disrupt the pattern here.
Speaker 2: I'll go with the even one with the Eagles.
Speaker 10: I'm going with Eagles, that's gonna be Rolling Stones would have been like the first thing out of my mouth, but.
Speaker 2: They need some ship records, to be honest with you. In the eighties that I hate and.
Speaker 10: Eagles because they broke up, they had luxury of cutting themselves off only put out bangers one through the law run. So I'm going with Eagles, Mark, what do you got?
Speaker 3: You're closing the spot right now with this remark, and you can talk as long as you want.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that threw me off.
Speaker 5: My favorite band of all time is this is gonna be really lame. It's like super boiler plate. But it's just well, I was thinking of Radiohead, but I think it's got to be the Beatles as far as like influence goes.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's all. It's a safe answer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's boring, but then you go, like you also Paul McCartney and Wings is like also.
Speaker 2: Just a whole nother obsession.
Speaker 5: But I mean it's they're so prolific it's it's hard not to and they've had a huge influence on us as songwriters and as studio studio rats, and it's got to be. But also the dark horse would be Radiohead. I'm like obsessed with the radio. Really, yeah, this is the greatest live show I've ever seen. Their a c L performance was on Mushrooms was nothing short of the greatest show.
Speaker 10: Every Tom Penny is also got to be like, yeah, my morning jacket was made.
Speaker 2: We're talking about live shows. Yeah, but they're also just a great band. Okay, is my favorite Midland? Dude? I think Midlands my favorite. I'm not gonna lie, man.
Speaker 5: My my wife put on the Midland on Sono's the other day. I was taking a shower and because my daughter wanted she goes that one of your daddy, so she put it on it. I was like, what the fucking Then you're like, hey, we got some and I'm because I don't like listen to Middland. Look, but I would say Top.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're like.
Speaker 1: My favorite band to go to on game day when I'm driving into the stadium.
Speaker 2: Fucking you just can't beat seasy little swagger. We got we got a lot of easy top loves easy to songs. King of Saturday Night, It's got a bunch of easy Top.
Speaker 5: In the song that that we collabbed with John Osborne called Paycheck to Paycheck, is like just straight, it's easy.
Speaker 2: Top Ship.
Speaker 3: I love that you got Taylor, Oh you know my favorite band of all time? Fucking love Okay. I just went and listen Due Ranch unbelievable and Jacket unreal and the play Spell they put in two thousand and three, the.
Speaker 2: One They're a slow song that you know on that record, the Angel Nightmare those.
Speaker 4: You never got into that, and I never got.
Speaker 2: California that was that was huge, huge for and actually c bong or bongs, bong rips, bangers on it. But this was the one. I had this, I had this T shirt and my mom was like, unacceptable, dude was fire.
Speaker 3: These three were really my go to is right here to take off your pa some damn it.
Speaker 2: That's great st I jumped back into Sublime. I put I think blind Miss Pepper. I love the band Pepper to you don't White Pepper. I don't like them as much as Sublime. I love Pepper. I saw Pepper live, so yeah, it was an absolute genius all of his Have you seen acoustic sessions? The most was just brought seen the most live I can tell you mine.
Speaker 10: That I've actually seen gone the Mini and three eleven I've seen more than anybody.
Speaker 2: I've seen them each like a dozen times because I radio, I haven't been the many concerts. I'm not a concert guy either.
Speaker 3: I'm really not that the band. I've probably seen most of y'all like Old Red and then at the Whole House.
Speaker 4: Not really, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't go to still. I still love going to con.
Speaker 5: Probably their first three albums were incredible and actually the album Nickelba No.
Speaker 2: Like that one.
Speaker 10: My Youth and Young Manhood and Aha, Shake Heartbreak are two of the greatest rock and roll out there.
Speaker 2: Pull pull real quick. Their album that time they dropped, and my man would be so fired up to be on the bus talking rock and roll right now. He loves it. It's called let me pull it up here. No, no, no, no mechanical bules. Actually, get out. You have a there's an album? What is I was walking through the desert, I was looking for drugs. That album was so good and they never the album. They never toed it. Well, No, that album.
Speaker 5: Come Around sown their sleeper.
Speaker 2: That's their best album. I've Got a Friend in and at the Draft is a lolcome going back down South. That song, that song so good. That album is a sleeper Man. That's I think that's their best album.
Speaker 3: Those records, those these are good. They're Nahville guys. Yeah, they're awesome guys.
Speaker 2: Actually, the first night we met you, we were hanging with Jared, Jared the Bassis and his wife.
Speaker 5: We're huge Kingsland fans, and in fact, the first time we came to Nashville, we went to some private speakeasy.
Speaker 2: Down on Broadway and we were hanging out with the guys. Yeah, actually they were, they were there.
Speaker 5: But we were hanging out next to him and talking to them, and they were like kids.
Speaker 3: The full Jared Jared the basis that I used to be really close.
Speaker 2: He was a groom's bean in my wedding.
Speaker 3: The way like we met was when you go when you go to the draft, you have like your walkout songs like baseball, and everyone had a whole bunch of stuff and I heard Mechanical Bull rock City, and I like seventy two hours before I got drafted, I was like, make my walkout song rock City.
Speaker 2: That's a fucking awesome song.
Speaker 3: So I walk out there and I met Losers, which is in Midtown, and this littler guy, he's gonna hate that.
Speaker 2: I said, little guy. Jared comes up to me. Five ten.
Speaker 3: He comes up to me and I'm like I'm drinking or whatever, and he's like, hey, you you came out to our song and I just wanted to introduce myself. And I'm like in my head, I'm like, yeah, all right, nice to meet you. I kind of in a dick that wasn't a dick, but I was like, all right whatever, and he leaves and comes back and goes, I'm Jared follow up on the basis for kings Leon.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, ship for real. And then we became boys after that and they're great dudes.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: I got a quick I got a quick story about the first time he.
Speaker 2: Mad right there. He's like, we gotta yeah, I want to manage you guys, say the better for us, all right.
Speaker 9: So literally the first trip we came to Nashville, two things happened in one night. What year was this, sixteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So a girl message mark single in this time and a girl messages him on Instagram and says, hey, I work at a at a like private speakeasy club. Is the band that Harry Styles was in before?
Speaker 4: One Direction? So one Direction was playing Titan Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: She's she's like, I'm I'm like bartending at the speakeasy club. You guys can come down there. One direction is going to show.
Speaker 2: After nobody didn't have a record deal, nobody knows who.
Speaker 3: We are just trying to make it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So she we get let into this place and the Kings of Leon guys are there, and.
Speaker 2: Well, they hold on, why did this girl dm you? Guys? She DM mark the underwear is the underwar modeling. I mean, look at this motherfucker. Dude looks like Brad Pitt and JJ Reddick had a baby right now. So she did say the Kings of Leon are coming, and when they do, don't talk to go she goes be cool, She goes, be cool, we don't even care about those guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're like, what the hell are you talking about? Like she would literally go like they'd be right there and should go right there.
Speaker 2: On my face, I was like, we got to talk to these guys, right. Meanwhile, she's like, tell these'd be cool.
Speaker 5: I'm all over and like talking to them, going through their entire catalog, like the song by song, like where did it come from? Man?
Speaker 2: A few get the fuck out of my face.
Speaker 9: A see things happen like that long story short. I think there were some instruments in there. I think somebody started playing some drums or something. They basically they kick us out, and so as we're walking okay, so the then the one direction guys come in before we get kicked out.
Speaker 2: It's Harry. Was it just Harry, the most handsome one?
Speaker 9: So he comes in and we get thrown out. So we're walking out and as we get out the door, you have definitely like a code to get in. And we open the door and there's a mob of crazed girls and camera goes.
Speaker 2: Camera goes, follow right this way, ladies.
Speaker 9: The band's in there, and these girls run in and they started shredding Harry styles like literally like ripping his.
Speaker 2: Call security and like it. How many girls do you think? It was like twenty girls came running into the bar is this big guy. It was like it was like over the bar and then and then then then camera shopped me with the fire extinguishirt.
Speaker 9: So then if that wasn't enough, we go down to the parking garage to where our car was underneath this this building rental car and I'm taking one of the.
Speaker 2: Mark Time great leaks. Mark. It's like a three and a half minute I'll.
Speaker 4: Show you the video, you can insert it.
Speaker 9: Mark starts peeing in the parking garage and there was a fire extinguisher mounted to the wall this right here, with the host already pointing at him, and camera just walks up to.
Speaker 5: It and just.
Speaker 2: Break at him. And I go, I go, don't do it. I go, don't fucking do it. And there's a video.
Speaker 4: There's a video of it, and you can't see Mark because of this cloud of He hit.
Speaker 5: Me and I'm sitting there it's like me and then he and then he waits like ten seconds and then really hits me with it.
Speaker 2: And I thought, okay, I camera, I cameeron, you waited. We all got in the car.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I was like fucking cross eye drug and Mark's in the front and I'm in the back and Mark got in.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that scene in that movie? Do you remember?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, no? Do you remember the World where uh Tom Cruise?
Speaker 10: In the very beginning, he's running and people are getting as evaporated. He goes back to his house and he's covered in dust and he goes into the mirror and he sees that he's got human dust all over him and he freaks out.
Speaker 2: That was Mark.
Speaker 10: He sat down with all this dust on him in the car and I was like the fucking guy. And Mark was like, I'm gonna kill you. And he like saw that it hit him and he got out of the car and I was like, oh ship, and I like trying to lock the car door, and he pulled.
Speaker 2: Me up and put me on the thing and I was like, you're react.
Speaker 5: No, he was.
Speaker 4: He was literally choking Cameron and he was like apologized.
Speaker 2: Like Gnarley Costs. The next day was really bad for you. I'm I'm not a doctor back, I'm going to the doctor. And he's like, yeah, I got this weird pain in my side. And the we gots do we gotta wrap up? Go to there, Go to their first page thing, Go to the first page thing. They got a yeah right there.
Speaker 1: They got a new album, The Last Resort Greetings from comes out May sixth. They wrote this album during the pandemic. Pandemic and we're all pretty much in different cities the whole process, you guys, were new single Sunrise tells the story.
Speaker 2: They are also touring in Europe. Phenomenal music video too.
Speaker 1: They're also touring in Europe starting in May. Guys, thanks for coming on the bus. This was a blast, This was fun. Yeah, this was a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that was.
Speaker 5: Somebody like a locker room fucking pay Will Compton right, oh, ship, GM's out there, all right, let's figure this out.
Speaker 4: That Harry.
Speaker 2: Harry they will. Yeah, we had this guy, Harry Compton.
Speaker 10: He couldn't find Las Vegas on the map because he had spelled it las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Las Vegas. We got lost. He couldn't find Vegas, your manager, So you guys got to Harry Compton. Hey, guys, thanks man, you those good ship awesome Ye okay,