Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Listener Q and a.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody?
Speaker 3: We're in the listener Q and a section of today's best bits. Mike D is joining me. Mike, you ready to answer some questions.
Speaker 1: I am ready for questions.
Speaker 3: So we are going to start with some shout outs. We got Mike D is the best. He needs more airtime on the BBS shout I.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that, Like I'll say, another thing I've struggled with recently is I love doing what we do, and a lot of the stuff that I do is behind the scenes, so I feel like people don't know like the things that I work towards, and comments like that just kind of made me feel seen a little bit of like, oh okay, like some people know that I'm like contributing to the show because I I don't talk on the show a whole lot. Sometimes I don't even like talking on the show. I'd rather just be in my corner having, you know, all the operation part of it, and just like I get joyed of just seeing the show happen, seeing things that I've applotted out, like work out, also seeing the things that nobody plots out, just like completely take a life of its own, Like that is enjoyment for me. But also it's like sometimes I'm like, oh, man, like I don't really like I don't know if people realize I'm even here.
Speaker 2: Sometimes hey, I always realize.
Speaker 3: Like also another shout out love when something's so funny, I can hear Mike Dy laughing in the background.
Speaker 2: He's the best Emily in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it takes like something like really funny to really get me too. But those are like my favorite moments.
Speaker 2: When you get like a genuine belly laugh.
Speaker 1: Like I forget that I'm even like here at work. And that's what makes it kind of fun to like come in and have those moments where it's like, oh, yeah, it gets me too, because i mean sometimes it feels like we're coming in and I know we're just sitting around talking, but to us that is work. Like some people think like, oh, you guys just come and sit down and start talking. That must be an easy job, and there's a lot of work that goes into that. But there are also moments that we get to that generally make everybody laugh that I think we all kind of forget, like, oh, this is what we're doing for work and we're like, oh, we got to go to commercial, like, oh, yeah, we're doing a show right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know if this ever happens to you, but when I'll like, I'll be working you and I are so focused on working, like as the show is happening that most of the time it'll be lunchbox. He'll make some like offhanded comment. I'm like what is he saying that too?
Speaker 2: And my attention is kind.
Speaker 3: Of like I'm like, what just happened? And it always is like some weird thing that he said, and that gets me like back to be like what's happening. That's always the ones that'll give me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think with our brains we have almost like these different levels that we operate at because we have one that we're like for me, I always have to pay attention to what's going on and what things are being said, but I also have to pay attention to what's coming up next. Or I could be working on an issue that's happening in the moment that to keep the show following, or I could be having a double task and work on something else that maybe Bobby asked me for. So you're like listening in these different levels of attention where you're hearing everything.
Speaker 3: But also multitasking like crazy, yeah, and some things are coming in and out while some thing's like come and when he makes a comment like that, it'll come in and stick.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I'm not sure the context of that one.
Speaker 3: I know they were talking about this, but that doesn't feel like the same.
Speaker 1: And I think that's also why, like people have struggles in games because so hard you guys get a lot of criticisms for like, how do you not know that? And sometimes your brain just does not work in that room because you are doing all the people forget we are at work and you're doing things where you're in a situation where you're multitasking, and then you have to stop down and play a game where you're trying to recall trivia and you're like, I can't remember the capital of North Dakota right now because I've been doing all these other things. Yeah, so you're not being judged completely fairly because it's not you come on a game show where this is all you're thinking about. You're at work doing all these other things and then having to recall random information. That's what makes it funny.
Speaker 2: Thank you I appreciate you're having our back here, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to put you as specifically there, but but it does make the most sense because I am the one who's doing multiple things, like.
Speaker 1: You're on your computer doing things. It'd be the same thing with me. If I play Trippy, I'd probably be terrible at it, even though I'm the one who writes a lot of it. If I was put into that situation like Okay, now you have to play this game, my brain would probably be completely out too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, firing on that cylinder after firing on these three different, completely different ones.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I appreciate the validation.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel a little bit better, even though it still makes me mad.
Speaker 2: But I keep dream bad. Okay, let's get into these questions.
Speaker 3: Matt from Nashville, who is your dream guest for your podcast?
Speaker 1: Ooh, I would have to go, like, see, I'm really drawn to directors more than actors, just because I like to hear the process of making a movie. I also think when you look at my favorite movies, at least, it's not so much the actor's performance, it's the storyteller. I think it all goes back to the director. I think in movies, the most powerful stories being made or not because of an actor's performance, is because of the director or the writer attached to it. So I would probably have to go Quentin Tarantino just because he's been my favorite for so long. He rarely does interviews, and I feel like he creates the stories in movies that have really resonated with me over my life. So I think with his just amount of work that he's done, there'd be a lot to dive into that I could easily do an hour with him.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 1: I think that would be my dream interview of all time.
Speaker 3: Dang, that would be a really good one. What's his most famous movie? I know his name.
Speaker 1: The one that really got him famous was Pulp Fiction, But I feel like that one was so long ago that maybe not everybody who didn't grow up in the nineties has seen it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've seen.
Speaker 1: But I think that's his biggest movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't it. It's kind of thriller horror esque.
Speaker 1: It's like a comedy drama crime. Okay, Tarantino, No, there's a little bit of it. I don't even know how to describe pulp Fiction. It's one of those movies. I just like Cemented in my mind is one of the best movies of all time. It's like an experience that it almost transcends any genre. That's why I feel about Quentin Tarantino, Like his movies feel so unlike any other style of movie that it's almost his own genre. Like he focuses a lot of like revenge movies later in his career, did a lot more like westerns and just has like this fascination with like old Hollywood that his movies just feel completely different where it's like almost genre less, you know, they're just like there's some musicians who they just put out good music, but it doesn't really have a genre. That's how it kind of feel with him, Like he can adapt to like different storytelling techniques and like fall into different settings, but at the end of it, it's just like his movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Quentin Tarantino, if you're listening to Best Bits my call on this podcast, he isn't I know, most anticipated movie of twenty twenty five Mackenzie from Austin, Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh of twenty twenty five next year, already skipping the rest of this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no more twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: I feel like twenty two twenty five right now, I'm kind of anticipating the next wave of Marvel movies, so it's probably the next Captain America as of this moment. But twenty twenty five is pretty stacked as far as like, I feel like twenty twenty four was like the building year, and we're getting a lot more sequels next year that I feel are going to contribute to twenty twenty six and twenty twenty seven, So I feel like twenty twenty five is going to be a really great year. But I think I'm looking forward to the most February new Marvel movie starting a new phase and kind of moving on.
Speaker 3: Is the first one that comes out of the Captain America movie. Yeah, it looks so good. I love Captain America. Just the whole series of Captain America is really good.
Speaker 1: And it's like, what are they going to do with the character?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Are they going to start rebuilding new Avengers. I feel like that's going to be a pretty defining moment. So if that movie is as good as I'm hoping it's going to be, I think that's going to set up all they're doing next. Was like Fantastic Four next year, which also looks I'm still a little hesitant on that one. I'm more excited for Captain America than Fantastic Four. But if Captain America is good, that gives me more indication that Fantastic four is going to be good, and then the next Avengers movies are gonna be good.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are coming off of Deadpool and Wolverine though, and Deadpool Wolverine was really good.
Speaker 1: It is, but I feel like that one is a little bit separate from what they're working, Like that was just like such a moment and almost like sets itself apart from all the MCU doesn't really build a whole lot of what I think they're gonna start doing, because I think they just needed to hit. It was very rare to gain all those people together and have all those cameos, Like that was a moment. But I don't know that much out of Deadpool and Wolverine is going to build towards the next Avengers.
Speaker 2: Besides Deadpoole being now.
Speaker 1: In the Yeah, Like I feel like I don't know how big of a role he's going to play in the next Avengers movie is going to be. Have Like a little side quest. Is it going to be him and Wolverine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's really interesting perspective because I haven't really thought. I just got excited that he's now in the MCU.
Speaker 2: I haven't really thought what that role is going to look like.
Speaker 1: Because if you look back on the Avengers movies, you have like your core of like Captain America being the lead with Chris Evans and Thor and iron Man were like the big.
Speaker 2: Like the main yeah, special characters.
Speaker 1: I don't really see Deadpool being in like that three of what they're building up next, even though he is probably like the most famous right now who is like still making movies. I just don't know in a big story that they're gonna build like his type of humor and his character is going to have that kind of effect. It would be interesting, though, Like I'm just waiting for Spider Man to.
Speaker 2: Come back, your favorite guy, which I.
Speaker 1: Hate every rumor that comes online of like Spider Man for happening not happening, Like I just want to date. I just want to treat.
Speaker 2: Can you just tell me what's going on?
Speaker 1: I just make it happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, we went on a little tande eks vacancy.
Speaker 3: What's a lesser known comic series more people should read, and why Elliott.
Speaker 1: A lesser known one. I feel like I get heavy into all of Marvel, but I think on the DC side, there is a Batman story right now that had two really great issues come out last year and now it's been almost a year since the third ones come out, and it's called Gargoyle of Gotham. It's from like this Latino writer and artist who completely takes what the Batman character is and like flips it and it's like more hardcore, totally different perspective. The art style is like almost more of like, I don't want to say full on anime style, but he looks a little bit more like kind of like edgy, and I feel like that's been my favorite series, even though there's only been two issues so far and the third ones coming out. I think at the end of this year that I think that's been my favorite. That kind of kept my interest in reading new comics.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey Elliott, I mean I just learned something new about comics, So I appreciate that. Jen would like to know if you're excited Warp Tour is me back?
Speaker 1: I am, see I have conflicting feelings on this because I grew up going to Warp Tour. I went to my first one in two thousand and three. I was twelve years old. That was my first concert, went with my older brother. First band I ever saw live was the starting line. Immediately they start a circle pitforms around me. I get lost. I'm probably separated from my brother for at least three or four hours and it's just me, twelve years old, going around watching bands that I've been listening to forever. I survived off of free snacks and free Monster Energy drink samples, and it's like a great memory for me. And from that year, I would go. Every single year it'd come out, tickets to go on sale. They'd be like twenty thirty bucks. It was like the best experience. But there was also a point in my life where I stopped going, where it became a little bit more commercial, It got a little bit more expensive. A lot of the bands I liked weren't playing anymore, so I kind of stopped going for a reason. And I think now when it got announced, I was romanticizing the early years. What I remembered from when I was twelve, thirteen, fourteen, years old that I don't think I'm going to be able to recapture that. I also haven't been to a music festival like that in a long time, and I just don't feel like it's going to be that initial experience that I had.
Speaker 3: So now you're trying to decide, You're like, do I allow the memories to exist as they are.
Speaker 1: Or try to go relive it. It's almost like if you got back together with somebody that you dated when you were a teenager. Okay, we had a great time here, but like I'm an adult now, I don't know that I would go back and like enjoy all those same things. Like immediately, I'm thinking, what's the parking situation is going to be? Like how early? Am I much? And it's like am I going to? Are all the bands that I want to see are going to be? Like the thing I do like about it is Warped Tour Witstar early, like eleven am. I would love a matinee concert right now? Yeah, like just to go watch bands from like eleven three or four and be like all right, I'm kind of good. I can go home now.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's this version of war for you.
Speaker 1: They put all the bands were older people at like noon, you go see them and then put all the younger bands at night so everybody else can stay there.
Speaker 3: That would be a cool idea, though we I think there's multiple adults that I have talked to about this. We're like, why can't why can't we start these concerts a little bit earlier?
Speaker 2: Why are they all starting.
Speaker 3: At seven, eight, nine o'clock at night when all of us really want to be in bed, Like, why can't you start at like six? The concert ins at like eight, and then we're all in bed by nine.
Speaker 1: I always love that, right, especially when concerts are during the week, like weekend. I get it, Friday, Saturday, I'm good with that. But a lot of the bands that I like, they come here on like Sunday nights, a random Tuesday. Like a concert U went was during the week.
Speaker 2: It was, and it's brutal.
Speaker 1: We just started a little bit earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then by the time you're home and you're getting in bed, it's eleven thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm gonna get four hours of sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back with more questions.
Speaker 3: All right, we have Bernie from California, and he would like to know your top three favorite I don't. I don't know if it corrected or he didn't have enough space. He says Latin music artists, but I might I think he.
Speaker 2: Might have been saying Latino. Yeah, Latino, can you say Latin?
Speaker 1: Also, Latino is the word you use it because Latino means anybody who is from like a Spanish speaking country.
Speaker 3: Okay, then I think he might have been like, because you only have so much room in the question box. So your top three favorite Latino music artists in top three Latino songs from the last three years.
Speaker 1: Ooh, this is a loaded question. I know when I go to all time, obviously, when it's Latino, I go Mexican artists because that's kind of what I grew up listening to from my parents. So Number one is probably Selena just because that's a mix of my Hispanic culture and also my Texas culture. She was like the biggest icon in Latino music of the nineties until she died, and like, when I think of her music, I think of me being a kid listening to it, and that was also I think that was like the first way I learned about death as a kid, like I was like me processing like what she somebody like killed her. She's dead. Like when I think back on like one of my earliest memories was like watching the news with my parents when that happened. I had like a Selina T shirt as a kid. No, and like I just remember that and I was say, woll this is weird. But I think over the course of my life, I just go back to her music and like think of like the good times in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, if you're going back and thinking about that, I need explore.
Speaker 1: And it's also like when we got married, we played some Selina music and it's just like it's just like fun music even now. So I'd say her at number one, number two is probably listig it as Norte or like a legendary band that had been around forever, probably like the Mexican Rolling Stones at this point. But they have like so many just iconic songs that remind me of traveling to Mexico with my kid with my kid with my parents as.
Speaker 2: A kid, not my kid yet same same, different.
Speaker 1: But we would drive it'd be like a sixteen hour trip. We drive eight hours in Texas, and then another eight hours to get to where all my grandparents live in Mexico, which is roughly a few hours outside of Mexico City, so pretty much like Central Mexico. And my parents would pretty much have like two CDs that they would rotate the entire time. Are they even like a tape at one point? And like those songs, I just hear them and I get transported back into being in the back seat driving through the mountains of Mexico and just looking outside the window. And it's just like my kind of tradition now as an adult is like on Saturday morning, I'll blast Mexican music like that is like because it reminds me of like being a kid when I'd wake up on a Saturday, my mom would be playing music out of the old stereo and it was time to clean the house. Like that was like how would be woken up to you on the weekend, Like, oh, man, mom's playing music, about to clean up, start scrubbing the floors. I got a vacuum.
Speaker 2: So it doesn't have that association for you.
Speaker 3: Now now you tried to have not cleaning associated with it, or do you also now clean to it?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I do, okay, but sometimes it's just how I get like a Saturday morning going playing some music. I'll make breakfast and it just puts me in a good mood. So they're number two. At number three, Oh, that's a tough slot. I kind of want to put someone newer in there. I would probably put group of Frontera, who I've really got into in the last couple of years, just because they're kind of bringing back like that same sound from like a Thegis. They're not they who have like that old school sound but doing it now. It's kind of like how Bruno mars is bringing is brought back like that seventies sound, but he has like this modern take on it. That's kind of what they do with that type of music, where it's like that same feeling, those same lyrics, that same emotion, but you have like this new instrumentation. They'll do collapse with like bad Bunny, and it's like, oh, you have like the old stuff, the feeling of it, but it feels modern, new and fresh. And they were coming to Nashville, but they canceled their date.
Speaker 2: Dang, why'd they cancel it? I don't know, Like you have the answers, Okay, well, those are good.
Speaker 3: Okay, top three, those are your top three artists. Now, top three songs.
Speaker 1: I would probably go upward with the Negata, which means the Black Door, which is abvious north this song, because that is the song that me and my mom danced to at my wedding, and it's like this just old school. It's like it's like the perfect song where it's like the lyrics behind it, the music behind it. Instantly, when I hear that song, it makes me feel good and I could listen to that song every single day and not get tired of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one. So that also has a cute memory too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably number one I'm putting. From my top three artists, I'd probably put Cilly now, which is hard to do. Probably bedd bomb bombs. That one go a beat bad bed beat bumb bumb Okay. Yeah, that one's just like a fun song that gets everybody out on the dance floor, and I think at the core of Mexican music, that is what it's meant to do to get people dancing, Like there's always like this. It's kind of like country music, where like the best songs in Mexican music, like tell a story like an old tale, but also like at the core of it is you can dance to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. That reminds me.
Speaker 3: Have you been to I think it's called Plaza Mariachi here and oh yeah, they do like a dance.
Speaker 2: Thing every weekend. I haven't gotten to see the dancing.
Speaker 3: I've went and eat there and like hung out there and it was really cool, but apparently it's either Friday or Saturday night. They do like a big like live music dancing thing, which is really.
Speaker 2: Awesome and I want to go.
Speaker 1: That sounds fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, number three.
Speaker 1: Number three, I'd have to go super old school. And Vicente Fernandez, who is like another icon legend. He is probably like the George Strait of Mexican music, and George Trade is also like a huge fan of his. He would cover his songs and his concerts. I think he's recorded a few of them, but it's.
Speaker 2: George Strait speaks Spanish, yeah really, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if he can speak it, but he's recorded songs in Spanish.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A couple of we sent different Nunda songs, but is probably my favorite. It's like this, I like sad music. I like Mexican music. I love sad Mexican music. It's like a song where.
Speaker 2: Bad boy Mexican music.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good, anything about a Mexican dude feeling regret while drinking, and the same way like country music is like those are like the best country songs. The same thing with Mexican music. But there's this style of Mexican music that we said different Nundas does where it's like kind of like mariachi style with like that instrumentation, but the vocals are like really strong and you can just hear like the sadness in his voice of like despair, and I think that's what made his mumusic so great. So probably that song that is like a song that I associate with like my uncle's like drinking. Yeah, like singing even if you're not sad. It's a good song to sing like with your family or like a group of people where that comes on, people are doing the yell, people are like singing along so passionately. That is like peak Mexican music.
Speaker 3: You know, I have to admit that while you're talking about sad boy Mexican music, I was thinking of Coco when he was really sad. Oh yeah, it was an immediate because there's a scene where he's like sad and the guy transceling like.
Speaker 2: A sad song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, picture, but it was like you as Coco's the whole infentry.
Speaker 2: That just happened for me.
Speaker 1: Oh but yeah, that movie like that draws inspiration from that music, Like the Manachi music is like part of that movie, and it's been a part of just our culture for so long. That is like I love hearing that in the old school stuff, but also the people who have a new spin on it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, it's so good. I love Latino music. I don't oh what's happening, but I love it. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, Like even with some of the lyrics, Like some people will like hear like a song in Spanish come on, and they ask me like, well, what are they saying here? Like, well, you can put on a song in English, and sometimes I don't know all those lyrics either. Like sometimes you pay attention to the lyrics and you understand them, but there are some songs that you hear and you're like, I just like I just like the melody, like I don't know exactly what they're saying.
Speaker 3: I love the rhythm of that music, Like, I just like it makes me want to dance.
Speaker 2: That's just how it makes me feel. And I'm like, Okay, time to dance.
Speaker 1: But like, sometimes yeah, it's like interpreting what they're saying in these songs, Like I couldn't interpret some songs in English, Like I don't know what they're about, and it ends up they're like about something dirty. I'm like, you're like dancing along to some pop song, You're like, what's the song about? Well, it's actually about like oh, I didn't want to know that.
Speaker 3: My favorite is when you actually look at lyrics, especially in pop songs, and you're like, oh, oh, that's what she said.
Speaker 2: That is not what I was saying when I was singing that song.
Speaker 1: Cause yeah, same thing with Mexican music. There's some songs that I love and when I look into the lyrics of like oh, oh, I didn't know that that's what that song is about. I just think it's a fun song.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes they just are fun songs, So I just believe it or not. All right, last thing, Alissa and Illinois wants to know if we have any fall favorite things to do?
Speaker 2: Oh are you a fall guy?
Speaker 1: I am more so for the weather. I like just going out like on a Chris morning wearing a hoodie and like like a Saturday morning in the fall is like my favorite, like a bright, clear day where you could go and just like go for a drive and it just like feels like fall. Like that is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a good feeling. I'm ready for.
Speaker 1: Those because you don't get that at any other point where just the weather makes you happy, like a spring, nast summer it's too hot, winter, it gets too cold, but like that fall, like just going out, even just going for a walk on like a fall day is like perfect to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really good one, Mike. Mike's more mature than I'm. I'm like the basic white girl. I'll go do all the activities.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, take me to a pumpkin patch, Let's go on that Hey ride.
Speaker 2: You want to go in the Mais, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I don't like fall activities, Like I've done the pumpkin patch here in town. Yeah, and I felt like it was a waste of money.
Speaker 3: I mean they are listen, it's all like a tourist trap type thing.
Speaker 1: Right, there's not much to it, Like I like the idea of it and you get like one good picture, but outside of it, like this isn't the same. Like I like the going to like Christmas lights, Christmas time.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: It's more of an experience. But like in Fall, it's like I'm just looking at trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, all the money, you won't pay money. Yeah, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: I am apparently going on a hay ride and shooting zombies with paintballs.
Speaker 2: That's an activity I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I've wanted to shoot a paintball gun.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know how it is. I'm very interested to see.
Speaker 3: But apparently you sit on this hey ride, you get a paintball gun and zombies pop up and you shoot.
Speaker 2: Out of them, And I'm like, yes, I'm in.
Speaker 3: So honestly, you can ask me to do anything, I'd probably be in. That's just my mentality when it comes to any type of themed activity, I will go. Probably not great for my banker out. Okay, Mike, we are tapping out of here.
Speaker 2: Tell people where they can find you here.
Speaker 1: You can find me on socials, Mike Distro on Everything, and check out my podcast movie Mike's Movie Podcast.
Speaker 2: Awesome You can follow me out web Girl Morgan.
Speaker 3: Check out my new podcast, Take This Personally Morgan number one was on it.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's the OG Morgan.
Speaker 3: So we chatted on there and I had a dating coach on too, which was really cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike, tap us out.
Speaker 1: All right, tap tap.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social.
Speaker 2: Platforms and follow ed
Speaker 1: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.