Speaker 1: It's a media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always went. I'm your host, Spencer new Art and today we're joined by Yanni Brody Randall, Corey Garrett, Mackenzie Chili and Anthony Finissy. Anthony, this is your first time on trivia. Tell folks what you do here at Meat Eater.
Speaker 2: Thanks Spencer for you out, longtime, longtime listener, first time caller. I do corporate finance and analytics and financial planning for Meat Eater.
Speaker 1: And now you're you're a trivia player. You're gonna kill a couple of antelope this year? Correct? Anythink you'll do a Meet Eatter Trivia?
Speaker 2: Though we were discussing before the recordings started for the over under. Right now is two and a half. Just checked Vegas before we walked in, so things things don't look good.
Speaker 1: You also said you could throw a nine, could.
Speaker 2: Have a nine, Okay, say it could be a nine.
Speaker 1: That's a big swing in optimism versus pessimism. Two to nine.
Speaker 2: Correct, a lot of volatility out of me.
Speaker 1: We'll see how you do. Anthey is a ten round quiz show with questions from Meat Eaters. Four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing. And because this episode is brought to you by Heart and Soil, they're matching our donation at the end of the game. Thanks to Heart and Soil, the winner will make a one thousand dollars conservation donation today and for the start of the week. This week we're updating our total wins tracker. Brody is the winningest player in Meat Eater Trivia history with thirty three wins. That's followed by Steve with twenty two, Randall, who just passed up Yanni. Randall has sixteen. Yanni has fourteen, out with six and Clay with four. All other combined players in Mediatter Trivia have twenty five victories, which is eight less than Brody has on his own. How many have we played?
Speaker 3: It seemed like there'd be.
Speaker 1: Way more one hundred and twenty, I believe. So you've won. You've won a third of every Mediater Trivia game. Ever, it's not enough, he says either. He wants he wants more.
Speaker 4: But what if you like I don't know what it's called in math, but you had to like pro rate it or something because Randall's played winning percentage.
Speaker 1: I still think Brody is the highest we've done. We've updated the stand before, but Randall checked.
Speaker 5: That after my heater from last month.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, I think you've won four in like the last six.
Speaker 5: Or Ny had a hot hand too there for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Now here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the medeater dot com with the subject line I f a Q. Kimberly wixam says I loved last year's episode that included the wives. When are you bringing that back? Good news, Kimberly. Next week, the next episode you hear will be the wives and girlfriends.
Speaker 6: Before Spencer even started, I was gonna say, it's actually not infrequently asked questions. It's the way Spencer concede an idea that he wants to talk about and he wants to promote.
Speaker 4: Right, and here it was.
Speaker 1: You've given up the whole charade promise.
Speaker 4: Talked about this before, so I'm gonna laugh about every time Spencer does.
Speaker 1: Prom Kimberly Wixom rode in with this question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's not so frequent, sir.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's nobly not infrequent.
Speaker 4: It's not frequent.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most requests that we get is to bring back Spencer.
Speaker 5: You were saying that we're bringing back next week.
Speaker 1: Next week, that's right. My wife, Shelby will be in the host seat. A lot of the players in the room today their wives or girlfriends or in some cases fiances will be playing as well. Has there been any talk at home Johanny Brody, Randall, Corey among your wives girlfriends. She hasn't been studying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, same over here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Phil's wife was the winner last year.
Speaker 3: My wife was like mad that you didn't ask any fish.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what I tried to. I pride myself on having good diversity of questionss like, yeah, nobody will notice if I don't have a fishing question in this match. And Brodie's wife noticed.
Speaker 5: Now as Shelby writing the questions, she.
Speaker 1: Will not write the questions. I'll write them, but she'll she'll be.
Speaker 4: Are you going to chaperone?
Speaker 1: No, I won't even be in the room. Really it's uh. Phil is going to be the only regular in here. He's gonna have a lot of responsibility over there. Oh boy, for that episode, Phil, I don't know if your mic is on. I'm not getting anything.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 7: I'm recording it so it will be recorded.
Speaker 4: But now you can hear me.
Speaker 5: That's comforting.
Speaker 3: She'll be.
Speaker 1: Asked me last night who I think will win in the group? I said, I think it will be Randall's wife, Sydney.
Speaker 5: You've seen Sydney play trivia, mm hmm, just strong.
Speaker 1: Competitors had Has she brought it up at all? She she acknowledged it next week, this episode is happening or is it?
Speaker 5: Like she asked me back, She asked me a few days ago if it.
Speaker 8: Was still happening, okay, And I said, without a doubt, okay, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Are you going to prepare her somehow?
Speaker 5: No, I don't think there will be much preparation. I think that sounds like a not argument. But it just didn't seem healthy.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm I'm just letting things unfold as it's just going to be an organic competition.
Speaker 4: In the name of equality. The next time, maybe we should invite say, Mackenzie's husband, sure, or you know some of the other ladies husband's boyfriends.
Speaker 1: Last time we did this, we had Karen's boyfriend here. Oh, this time we were excluding all the men though, it's just going to be the wives, fiances and girlfriends. That's coming to you next week, the wives, Fiances and girlfriend episode of Meet Eater Trivia. Now for the housekeeping portion, I want to tell you about our other most requested episode of Trivia, which is a kid's version. In case you haven't heard, we now have a kids podcast that you can find on the Meet Eater podcast feed. We have five total episodes, and by time you hear this episode of Trivia, two of them will already be out. Each episode includes three segments where Steve tells a story about why it is the way it is. Then Katie guides you through animal vocalizations with guess that critter that I host a round of kids Trivia as the only other game show where conservation always wins. So if you have outdoor kids, then these episodes are for you. Or even if you don't have outdoor kids, then these shows might be right up your alley. I've already got a lot of feedback from adults who say they prefer the kids version of trivia because it's finally a version where they can dominate. So check out the Meet Eater Kids and the Meat Eater podcast feed. New episodes drop on Fridays. We had Chili's hand go up over here.
Speaker 4: Just waiting for my invite for the kids radio. Patiently.
Speaker 1: We'll put you in the studio. Sometimes we won't even acknowledge it.
Speaker 4: You might have to shave.
Speaker 1: Now. The shelby an extra today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stay under. Win everything, just tend to win everything.
Speaker 4: Game on Suckers.
Speaker 1: Question one. The topic is woodsmanship, and as always, this will be multiple choice. Which of these states does not have the Great Continental Divide passed through it? Is it Colorado, Texas, Alaska or Montana? Corey writing down his answer before I even finished with the choices. Which of these states does not have the Great Continental Divide pass through it? Colorado, Texas, Alaska, Montana.
Speaker 9: I feel like this is a trick question.
Speaker 10: M M.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is quick for me to.
Speaker 4: Look at.
Speaker 1: Corey you have an outdoor kid at home. As Marshall listened to the kids episode of.
Speaker 10: He hasn't yet, I'm like halfway through it.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're listening without him?
Speaker 10: I am, and I did dominate in trivia.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, good at home, but.
Speaker 10: No, I'm excited to share it with him.
Speaker 1: Janni, your your two girls. Have they checked out Meat Eater Kids yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: You're just gonna bank up those five episodes and then drop them on some road trip coming up.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Which of these states does not have the Great Continental Divide passed through it? Colorado, Texas, Alaska, Montana. Squiggly line is everybody ready? The winning is player in Meat Eater Trivia history, the last one to come up with an answer over here. Oh and the second winning is player, third winning is player Randall. It's changing it.
Speaker 4: All I don't thinking about it?
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying Texas, Garrett Alaska, Anthony Alaska, Randall Alaska, Mackenzie Alaska, Brody Texas, Jannis Texas, Chili, Texas. The correct answer is Texas. About half of you got that one right. The Great Continental Divide passes through Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico. It's an imaginary line which separates water sheds that drain into the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, or Arctic Ocean. Isa Lake in Yellowstone National Park straddles the line and is one of the only natural lakes in the world that drains into two different oceans. Question two, The topic is conservation. That's cool. This conservation group made a significant logo change in twenty twenty one that now features an animal's head and footprint, says Question two. Topic is conservation. This conservation group made a significant logo change in twenty twenty one that now features an animal's head and footprint. Isa Lake is where it is strongly rumored that forest fans treasure was hidden. So it's right next to a road in Yellowstone. If you're passing through, you'll miss it if you blink. It's a very small lake, but it drains into the Cipic and the Atlantic.
Speaker 4: All right, question about this?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Last question? Is the acronym acceptable for an answer? Does it need to be ready?
Speaker 1: You could if this has an acronym, you could write down the acronym for this conservation group that made a significant logo change in twenty twenty one that now features in animal's head and footprint.
Speaker 2: That's kind of giving a hint, Johnny.
Speaker 4: Is there a conservation group that doesn't have an.
Speaker 10: Acronym autumn Society?
Speaker 4: Good job, Corey.
Speaker 10: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: A conservation group.
Speaker 9: I don't even know if we consider it that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, I think there'd be anti conservation.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, anti wild animals.
Speaker 1: Randall? Are you ready? Mackenzie? Are you ready making the last I can change? This conservation group made a significant logo change in twenty twenty one that now features and animal's head and footprint. Phil, if it's not too late, I had slacked you a photo of this to look at on the next one.
Speaker 4: It's prep Spencer.
Speaker 1: Good job Phil, Mackenzie. Are we ready?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I wasn't changing my answer. I was just writing it all the way out.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to go ahead and reveal your answers. We have, Corey saying BJ Garrett saying, NDA, Anthony saying Backcountry Hunters and Anglers, Randall, NWTF, Mackenzie, Mule Deer Foundation, Brody, National Wildlife Federation, Jiannis NWTF Chili Bha. We have a correct answer in the room. It's the National Wild Turkey Federation. I think we had Yanni and Randall get that one right. NWTF has changed their logo five times in the last four decades. The most recent rebrand included a new design for their Turkey Call magazine and a new tagline, which is quote healthy Habitats, Healthy Harvest. NWTF said they hoped the fresh look would help them attract a younger audience. Phil is now show the old logo and the new logo right next to each other.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I just received the three hundredth issue of the National Turkey Federation's magazine.
Speaker 1: Good Donnie, Yanni Yeah. Member of the NWTF that changed their logo in twenty twenty one. A lot of blowback from members when that happened. A lot of snowflakes on Facebook who were getting all worked up when they made that logo change. Question three, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Travis Radkey. Caldwell makes this product with a rhyming name which securely holds your gun while reducing felt recoil by ninety five percent. Good question question Johnny and Cory like that question. It's no coincidence that they seem to know the answer. Caldwell makes this product with a rhyming name, which securely holds your gun while reducing felt recoil by.
Speaker 2: H I think I got one here, guys, I think I got one.
Speaker 1: Garrett has spent more range time in the last week than probably the rest of us combined the last five years. Do you have it right, Garrett?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, he's leaking confidence.
Speaker 4: No, I have it right.
Speaker 1: He has it right. Caldwell makes this product with a rhyming name which securely holds your gun, are reducing felt recoil by ninety five.
Speaker 3: Come on down there.
Speaker 9: Do we sell this on the meter store?
Speaker 1: That would be a hint, not going to help you maybe, And honestly, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 4: I don't. I think we do.
Speaker 9: Then I've got no shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, has a rhyming name and it reduces your guns recoil by percent.
Speaker 4: I've never been a big fan.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like it's kind of a staple, and I've used one my whole life. Really, it's everybody ready.
Speaker 4: It's just like you don't see it.
Speaker 3: Talk about it after we I'm go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Reveal your answers. We have Cory and Garrett and Anthony and Random saying lead sled, Mackenzie without an answer, Brody and Jannis saying lead sled, and Chili erasing his answer before I can.
Speaker 4: Have bench Rich.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 11: This is not a knock on leed sled, but the correct answer was led slid.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: What do you here?
Speaker 11: You just don't see a lot of those out in the field when you're hunting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course not.
Speaker 11: It's just hard to imagine using that when you cite in your gun that you hunt with.
Speaker 1: The lead sled is meant to help you sit in your by eliminating the human factor in shooting. The product weighs more than twenty pounds and is often made heavier by the addition of sandbags called well offers five different types of lead sleds that range from one hundred and twenty dollars to four hundred and fifty dollars. Joanni, what do you got on lead sleds? You're not a not a big fan either.
Speaker 4: I just always feel like it's going to change your length of pull, right, because when it drops into that little pocket right then now there's a space between your stock and your shoulder, and it's just hard to get into that same position that you're going to be shooting.
Speaker 1: For sure, I think it serves a great function when you're like changing your AMMO, or you just put a new scope on, or it's your first time out of the season. But I understand why why maybe not everyone has one or likes to use.
Speaker 4: Now you can just go and buy a silencer suppressor and achieve the same thing.
Speaker 11: Question I know you want to move on from this, What do you got cat ahead? The other thing like you have to think about is when you're voting at any kind of distance or trying to be precise. Like one of the things we try to control is how that gun recoils, because like it or not, there is a moment in time where that bullet is in your barrel when you're still interacting with fire eye, and so if you strap it into a lead sled, it's going to act altogether different than when it's just recoiling against your arm, So you will have a point of impact shift.
Speaker 5: I like them.
Speaker 3: You'll still be able to hit a paper plate.
Speaker 4: It's all right.
Speaker 1: Question four. The topic is foraging. According to the Minnesota DNR, this tree is the best and most popular choice for collecting maple sapan. According to the Minnesota DNR, this tree is the best.
Speaker 5: House specific choice.
Speaker 1: For collecting maple sap. You should be specific. If you think the answer is white tail deer, you should say white tail deer deer is not good enough.
Speaker 10: Black lab instead of lab.
Speaker 1: There you go. According to the Minnesota d n R, this tree is the best and most popular choice for collecting maple sap?
Speaker 9: Can you define best?
Speaker 1: Minnesota dn R calls it the best, so you'd have to ask them. They they are the ones who made this declaration that it's the best and the most popular choice for collecting maple sap.
Speaker 11: You need to keep that close.
Speaker 1: This is question for Brody.
Speaker 3: Do you know I think I got a pretty good answer?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yanni, do you know this one.
Speaker 4: Thing? Good? Guess?
Speaker 1: Randall? Do you have this one?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I have one of the words correcked.
Speaker 5: Of it?
Speaker 1: Okay, Anthony. They didn't even have to answer, skim, who in here has tapped a tree before? Anthony has? Okay, Anthony well equipped to get this one right. According to the Minnesota d n R, this tree is the best and most popular choice for collecting maple.
Speaker 11: Corey changed his answer after he saw mine.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Maybe maybe Corey had the same answer as Garrett and thought there's no way Garrett would have this right, so I need to change the answer. Maybe that's what was going on. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cory saying red maple, Garrett saying eastern maple, Anthony saying sugar maple, Randall white maple, Mackenzie, black maple, Brody sugar maple, be honest, silver maple, Chili. What's that say? Chili? Canada maple tree? We have a correct answer in the room. It's sugar maple. Brody and Anthony got that one right.
Speaker 4: I erase sugar. I'm like, no, it's a sugar shack.
Speaker 1: According to the Minnesota DNR, sugar maples have the highest concentration of sugar among maple trees. They say it takes forty gallons of sugar maple sap to create one gallon of maple syrup. Although sugar maple is the most popular choice, other trees that can be tapped are black maples, red maples, silver maples, and box elder trees. For more on this process, read Jenner Roselle's article on the Meat eater dot com called how to make Maple syrup?
Speaker 5: No white maple in that list?
Speaker 1: I noticed that no white maple question. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. They just didn't recommend it as one of the alternatives to a sugar mape.
Speaker 5: I guess we'll never know.
Speaker 1: Question five, The topic is fishing. Anthony owned a fishing yacht named the Stugats in this HBO series. Anthony owned a fishing yacht named the stew Gootts in this HBO series. We have Randall very confident he's the only one. Corey, do you have this one right?
Speaker 10: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Okay, quick to answer, but he's.
Speaker 9: Not confident what HBO shows.
Speaker 1: This is? Question five? The topic is fishing. Anthony owned a fishing yacht named the Stugatts in this HBO series. Randall, do you for sure have this one right?
Speaker 5: I'm not entirely certain, but I have a pretty.
Speaker 1: How about you, Brody, do you have this one right? Have you ever watched have you ever watched an HBO series in your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I watched TV. I just watched good TV. I can tell you what you watch HBO.
Speaker 5: It's not east bounding down.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was good TV.
Speaker 5: That's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Spencer's kind of ann down look going right now?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I don't know, thank you for not Anthony oede fishing yacht named the Stu Goats in this HBO series.
Speaker 4: I know the show, I just do. I just can't think of the title.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a problem, definitely. I don't know if that was a genuine Yanni's got it or a sarcastic I've got it.
Speaker 4: I haven't, I haven't had. I don't do sarcastics.
Speaker 10: I got it, Okay, I don't have HBO?
Speaker 1: You know, is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cory saying the Sopranos, Garrett says Game of Thrones famous for their fishing yacht's, Anthony saying curb your enthusiasm, Randall saying Sopranos. Mackenzie without an answer, Brody and Yanni say the Sopranos Chili without an answer, It's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be Boardwalk Empire.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is the Sopranos.
Speaker 4: Good Room. The other.
Speaker 1: Tony owned three different fishing yachts across six seasons of the Sopranos. His og boat was a nineteen ninety nine Cape Fear forty seven custom Carolina sport Fish, but was later replaced by a forty three foot egg Harbor and then a fifty five foot ocean yacht. The Cape Fear vessel came up for sale in twenty twenty three, with the listing calling it quote a dream boat for avid anglers. The seller was originally asking for three hundred thousand dollars, but over a year later it's still available and the price has been cut to one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. One hundred twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And the question you said Anthony, answer you said Tony.
Speaker 1: I think they both work. His real name is Anthony. That was That was a little little trickery there, but you're right. Most people call him Tony, except for maybe his wife Carmela or his mom, who would say Anthony. Phil we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update, don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can leave some of us out.
Speaker 7: Mackenzie you've got zero points. Garrett and Chill you've got one point a piece. Anthony has two. Corey and Randall are tied up with three and tied up in first place are Brody and Giannis with four points.
Speaker 1: Brody tell us more about the HBO shows you like him. I'm very interested in this subject matter from from your perspective.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on question six.
Speaker 1: The topic is public lands. This next great question is via is cook This new Mexico National Forest shares its name with a reptile and trout. This new Mexico National Forest shares its name with a reptile and trout.
Speaker 9: I'm getting my ask.
Speaker 5: Phil, what are your favorite HBO shows?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Buddy, uh loved The Wire.
Speaker 5: Classic.
Speaker 7: You know, I was a huge Game of Thrones fan. I don't think that's a surprise to most people.
Speaker 1: Do you watch House of the Dragons?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I thought the first season was hit or miss, but I think the second season is cooking pretty hard.
Speaker 1: I would say, you know this one, Wow, This new Mexico National Forest shares its name with a reptile and trout.
Speaker 12: Do you ever leave Montana just on business trips?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Also, no, let's let's forgeret.
Speaker 11: No, let's let's don't leave Montana. Never lived anywhere else but Montana.
Speaker 4: It's commendable.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That's why he doesn't like any of us get around all these staters.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was a lot smaller room back then.
Speaker 1: This new Mexico National Forest shares its name with a reptile and trout. Is everybody ready, does not count? Does not count, Chili. But now I'm excited to see what you'll come.
Speaker 3: Up with that my question, Chili, I got good news for you. I saw your answer.
Speaker 1: And he likes it. It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cory saying Apache, Garrett says Brooke, Anthony says Hila, Randall HeLa Mackenzie, Cutthroat Brody and Yanni and just say HeLa. They got it. The correct answer is the Heila National Forest. The HeLa monster and Heila trout are native to the American Southwest and Mexico. The Helo monster is a venomous reptile that's the largest lizard native to the US. The Heila trout is a rare fish that only has twenty four populations left in the wild. HeLa is derived from a Yuma word that means running water, which is salty, and was first used to describe the HeLa River. Yeah, you say the largest lizard, largest lizard native to the United States is that check out? Can you think of a bigger one?
Speaker 9: How big is it?
Speaker 3: Are crocodiles and alligators are not considered lizards?
Speaker 1: I don't. I would guess they're not. Question seven. The topic is conservation. This federal agency has rehomed three hundred thousand wild horses and burrows through its adoption program.
Speaker 9: Shoot, I think I know this.
Speaker 1: This federal agency has rehomed three hundred thousand wild horses and burrows through its adoption program. Mackenzie thinks that she knows this one. She's gonna try to get on the board here at question seven.
Speaker 9: You don't have to call attention to it.
Speaker 1: I just invited Mackenzie to play trivia about ten minutes before the show started. So she just she just wasn't prepared today, That's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, mentally had to do some meditations and so forth.
Speaker 1: H This is question seven. The topic is conservation. This federal agency has rehomed three hundred thousand wild horses and burrows through its adoption program. Corey Yanni, Brodie Randall, we're all very confident.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know if.
Speaker 5: I'm confident think wild horses. Thanks Randall, you until you said don't get hung up on.
Speaker 1: Stone, yeah, or George straight up until you said thinking about captive white tailed deer. It was. It was very helpful.
Speaker 8: There's a great cover of wild horses in the h Mark Wahlberg film Fear.
Speaker 5: Who covers it?
Speaker 3: Mark Wahlberg, I don't know no.
Speaker 4: Film. I watched Parasite on the plane yesterday. It's a good one. I recommend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I feel like I only ever hear you talk about horror films and you don't seem like a horror film person.
Speaker 4: That's that's I'm not a horror film person. It's you know, drama almost uh but yeah, scream and Saw and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 11: Do you just wait for some poor kid to sit down next to you and you throw that on your screen?
Speaker 4: No? No, just sounds like a move.
Speaker 1: You don't even know what they could have edited out. When you're watching the airplane version, they do some pretty heavy cuts.
Speaker 4: Dom Oh, I did not know.
Speaker 10: I don't want the kids to see you.
Speaker 2: Do you have business class?
Speaker 9: Yanni?
Speaker 2: Lay down seat?
Speaker 1: No, jeez, I wish you'll get the ass a lot less blood and sex in the airplane version of films? Does everybody have an answer for question seven?
Speaker 4: That's interesting because this movie has a sex scene, but it was not very intense.
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, you'll have to watch scene. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cory and Garrett saying b l M. Anthony says nature can rand He says b LM. Mackenzie doesn't want to show her answer, and Brody Joannie saying BLM Chili doesn't want to show his answer either. The correct answer is the Bureau of Land Management. The BLM has been rehoming free roaming horses and burrows since nineteen seventy one. Some horses are available for just a twenty five dollars adoption fee, while others go up for auction. A new record was set this year when a wild Philly from BLM land in Wyoming had a winning bid of sixty thousand dollars. That horse's name was Thora, who was the daughter of the famous wild horse Thor. Thor was a white stallion who was a favorite among horse enthusiasts. Thor died in April from a blow to the head during a fight with a rival horse Dale. This happened right before his offspring Thora came up for auction, which cost her price tag to Skyrocket. Question eight, the topic is cooking. This seven letter word refers to the process of cleaning crayfish by placing them in running water for twenty four hours so that so that they can clear their intestinal tract. This seven letter word refers to the process of cleaning crayfish by placing them in running water for twenty four hours so that they can clear their intestinal tract. You know what, Brody full On, Brody was very confident. He probably didn't even need the seven letter hint. He's the only player though it's come up with the nances. How could I forget about succession? Succession?
Speaker 4: That good?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 4: I how I want to know.
Speaker 1: Who was the main who was the son in that? The main character with the dark black.
Speaker 7: Hair logan was the dad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shiv I wanted to kill himself right, Yeah, like city.
Speaker 7: They were definitely foreshadowing that.
Speaker 4: Ye yeah, I think that just.
Speaker 1: Kill himself that that had been so sad as spoilers for the succession.
Speaker 10: This certainly isn't a Montana question, is it, Karen.
Speaker 1: This seven letter word refers to the process, Kendall.
Speaker 3: A lot of big crawdads on the Lower Madison.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's a lot of waiting in the Lower Madison.
Speaker 1: Gross. This seven letter word refers to the process of cleaning crayfish by placing them in running water for twenty four hours so that they can clear their intestinal tract.
Speaker 4: Makes big brown trout.
Speaker 1: Johanny, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: I have a seven letter word that is associated.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, Chili, how you doing over here?
Speaker 4: Oh? Not good? But I just decided I'm just gonna hold out for those.
Speaker 7: Kids and just play the hammer down on the crusher dreams.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna have to join you, Chilli. I'm getting pretty Yeah?
Speaker 4: Does it doesn't? Spencer keeps offering you guys like U no winners game?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: We already played it? How that goes about it?
Speaker 1: It aired a couple of days ago. We had Cory go to a tie with HANSI. I think theyoth had eight correct answers and Hansey was the winner. Nice rand Randall listens though he had to tell me yesterday he got a perfect game.
Speaker 3: I did, I did get out? Oh did you make the questions?
Speaker 5: The kids game?
Speaker 1: I made sure that the Shelby index was a five, and ordinarily I know I knew that if I would have come in here with those questions for this group, for example, they would have been a ten among somebody. But we had Corey and Hanse, who I think had eight correct answers. Again, this is question eight. The topic is cooking. This seven letter word refers to the process of cleaning crayfish by placing them in running water for twenty four hours so that they can clear their intestinal track. Is everybody ready, Corey, yep, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying dipping, Garrett without an answer, Anthony saying flushing, Randall says mud the same thing says flushed. Brody and Yanni say purging chili without an answer. The correct answer is purging. Yanni and Brody got that. Purging is considered a crucial step in the cooking process. According to Louisiana State University, purging crayfish in running water for twenty four hours cleans out their gut and the unappetizing black vein in their tail meat. Some use salt in the purging process, but LSU says it's unnecessary. It's recommended you do a similar purge of snapping turtles that lasts a week before cleaning them. Pil we have two questions left. Give us a leader board update.
Speaker 10: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Mackenzie. Oh, I guess I have to call everyone out now that we're just showing it. I'm so sorry. I feel bad, Mackenzie, Garrett, Anthony, Chili, Corey, you have been eliminated from the game. Ran has five points and can I guess technically catch up, but Brody and Yannis are tied up for first in first with seven points.
Speaker 1: Question nine, the topic is fishing. This next great question is via Daniel Oh. Texas Parks and Wildlife declared the Trinity River to be the best place in the world to target this fish.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Again, you need to be specific.
Speaker 4: Bro He's got a lot of fish and Texas.
Speaker 1: If you think the answer is white tail deer, you need to say white tail deer. Deer would not be good enough. Texas Parks and Wildlife declared the Trinity River to be the best place in the world to target this fish. Rody may separate himself from Randall and Yanni for a while.
Speaker 3: So he might have answer.
Speaker 4: It's a little hint because that was what for a long time. Oh yeah, and I noticed. It's a good way to get a hint. Man, if you don't know it, you immediately start looking at the Randall's and Brodie's in the room and see how long they're write and it gives you an idea of how long the answer is.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you uh, if you remember from the first Kids episode that were recorded, though, I think it was Mabel who when I had asked the question, she would watch the entire room to see what their reaction was, and then she would use that information to come up with her answer. Can it runs in the family? Does everybody have an answer for the fish?
Speaker 4: For the where?
Speaker 1: For what? The Texas Parks and Wildlife declared the Trinity River to be the best place in the world to target this fish. Got some comedians over here with uh, Corey and Chili, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Corey saying may bass, Garrett says largemouth bass, Anthony Asian carp randall alligator, gar Mackenzie largemouth bass, Brody alligator, gar Yanni Guadaloupe bass, Chili without an answer. We have a correct answer, karoon. It's alligator, gar Brody and Randall got that one right. Twenty four of the thirty nine IGFA World record alligator gar have come from the Trinity River in Texas. Growing to over eight feet long and three hundred pounds, They are one of the largest freshwater fish on the planet. They are commonly hunted by bow fishermen or targeted by anglers with cutbait such as carp, buffalo, gizzard, shad, and mullet. We have one question left and Brody is now leading Yanni by one point. They are sugar players that game.
Speaker 10: Rand still in it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Texas Alaska.
Speaker 1: Here's question ten. The topic is hunting. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by David Earhart for sending this great question. David is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener question of the week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. The topic is hunting. How many colors of Labrador retriever are recognized by the American Kennel Club. This is our final question. We would need Iyani to get this right and Brody to get this wrong to go to a tiebreaker. How many colors of Labrador Retriever are recognized by the American Kennel Club.
Speaker 9: So I've got a question on this because there's like English labs and then American labs. Are we talking just American?
Speaker 1: It is what they define as a Labrador retriever and the things that they define as a Labrador retriever. They recognize a certain amount of colors of Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 8: I uh, I don't know what the American Kennel Club thinks, but I know how many real colors of Labrador retrievers there are.
Speaker 1: Okay, again, we need Yanni to get this right, Brody, to get this wrong, to go into overtime. How many colors of Labrador retriever are recognized by the American Kennel Club. Brody, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: Fifty fifty?
Speaker 1: Okay, getting this right could just end the game. Yanni, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: All right? I like this is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Cordy saying six, Garrett saying four, Anthony saying four, Randall saying three, Mackenzie saying four, Brody saying three. He crossed out four Yanni saying four, Chili saying five.
Speaker 10: Good guess, Chili.
Speaker 1: We have a correct answer in the room. It's three our winner.
Speaker 3: Those boutique silver things don't count.
Speaker 1: What are the three colors? Brody? Tell me?
Speaker 3: Black, yellow, and chocolate brown?
Speaker 1: The AKC only recognizes labs that are black, yellow, or chocolate. They do not recognize labs that are silver, white, or red, and also state that color combinations or brindle patterns are a disc qualification. However, a small white spot on the chest is acceptable but not desirable. Brody, you are our winner. How many points did he have? Nine correct answers? Brody, well done. And because of Heart and Soil we are dubble. Our donation today to one thousand dollars, five hundred dollars from meat Eater, five hundred dollars from Heart and Soil. Brody, what conservation group are you giving that money to?
Speaker 12: Man, I know it's boring, but I'm doing the Land Access Initiative, the LA corner crossing things settled, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, we're still fighting that. I feel like we're gonna be fighting that forever. It's still hopefully.
Speaker 12: Not if not, if we raise a bunch of money and get that thing settled.
Speaker 1: Brody wants to legally cross them corners all over the place. He's giving one thousand dollars to the LAI. Thanks to Heart and Soil for doubling our conservation donation today. Join us next time for more meat Eater Trivia, the only game show conservation always wins.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Spencer.
Speaker 4: Thanks to.
Speaker 13: Yeah Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host using those smooth mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. And he's an avid amateur
Speaker 1: Rockhow