Speaker 1: You ever splashed the pot? No, you ever slow rolled just to be a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah you? I don't like them, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Tosh Show, Tosh Show, Tosh Show. Welcome to Toss Show. Today's Bible Verse Revelation, Chapter twenty one, verse five, and he said, subscribe for this podcast is trustworthy and true. You like that, Eddie Hosannah, that's good stuff. That book of Revelation is a real page turner. Prior to that book, you know, there's a few duds, but revelations many. They follow the rule that I followed my entire career. Go out with a bang. All right, let's get started. How was your weekend, Eddie? It's pretty good. How was yours? Oh? So good that I'm going to tell you about it in a new segment. I'm calling, may I please speak to a manager? That sounds a little familiar. Intellectual property, Eddie, that's intellectual property. This weekend I was working up in santinaz and I was staying at what Travel and Leisure called the number one hotel in America. I don't know if that's true, but it was a beautiful hotel, recently redone the inn at Maddie's Tavern. I mean, let me tell you something, just adorable, perfect service, new spa cute little bungalows, had a little two bedroom bungalow. It's just a wonderful time. Now do I want to complain? No, No, I don't want to, but I feel like I have to. We went to the restaurant, the hotel restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning. Sunday morning a great time to go to breakfast with your family, you know. And this particular breakfast is just me and my wife and my two children, and we go to sit down and lo and behold. Right next to us is a party of thirty, you know, bunch of tables shoved together. We're eating outside and there's just this long table thirty. Now, I just don't get why restaurants do this, don't allow large parties. And you're like, oh, we need the business. Now you don't, because what you're doing is you're telling everybody else that comes to your restaurant, fuck you, we don't care. We got a party of thirty here. And by the way, I'm not complaining about dinner time or lunch. This is breakfast. We're talking about breakfast. Breakfast. We're talking about breakfast and you have a party of thirty at breakfast. I don't know what these alcoholics. I'm just guessing it was rehab. I have no idea what they were. They were all dressed, they all had black shirts on, and I'm just like, ah, and so now you know, my servers like I might just come hurry up take our order. Nope, I'm just gonna grab drinks first. Oh oh great? Are they gonna get their ordering in front of us? Yep, a thirty top. First of all, you're not a restaurant if you say yes to a party of thirty, you're a cafeteria. Well, they don't deserve to eat. Of course, they deserve to eat. Rent an airbnb, hire a chef, and do your little thing. Don't ruin my breakfast with two screaming toddlers that want to eat breath. Breakfast should take ten minutes to order and have it come fifteen minutes. If it's a nice restaurant, I'll accept it. What did I wait forty five to fifty minutes for my breakfast to come with a toddler and a five year old? Just like, I'm hungry, I know you're hungry. We're all hungry. But these idiots next to us had to take all the toast. It's just crazy to me. Or at least teach your kitchen to be like, Okay, here's a party of thirty. Guess what Only half of you in the kitchen work on this and the other half work on everybody else. I just, oh, so infuriating. Our server comes, OK. Can I take your order now? Yeah, I'll take whatever's left. I just don't get it. I mean so many times I ask for things like, oh, we can't do that. Oh oh you don't want the sauce on your salmitary. Unfortunately our kitchen refuses to make any substitutions. Okay, so you've proven that you can be an asshole. Do it for people. They're like, oh, how many your party? Oh? Thirty? Oh, I'll go fuck yourself. You're not eating here, not thirty people. You can divide that by four, and you guys can stagger your visit stagger. I'm at breakfast again. I'm not complaining about Oh it was dinner, they were having a big party. No, it was breakfast on Sunday morning. That's meant for family. Now, am I gonna make a review and say that the hotel wasn't great because of that. No, the hotel was great, food was good. You know, the city is charming. Everybody was sweet. But just say to yourself, oh, we made a mistake. We shouldn't let parties of thirty eat at our restaurant for any reason unless they rent the whole thing out and no one else can eat. I don't know. I don't have the solution. I just know that it agitates me. Now you're probably one. What was I up there for? Anyway? I was up there to do a show that schumash casino. Now, how the show go? Not well? Not well? Anyway, this show is Did you like your show, Eddie? You were on that show. Did you enjoy the crowd? Not really? Nope, you didn't like them either. Now I would say the vast majority of the audience loved me, but there was probably four hundred to maybe six hundred people that were like, this is not good. And they happened to be all the people that I would constantly look at. But overall, great experience. I also tried to gamble a little bit. I lost there, but that was to be expected that casino was gonna be like, oh, well, you're gonna have a par show. Well, why don't we let you win big before you leave? Speaking of bad beats, today's guest, Oh, I bet she has a tale to tell. Enjoy. Pasha, my guest today, wears hats and sunglasses indoors. It's neither blind nor an asshole. She also spends a lot of time online pretending to be from outside of the US so she can play online poker. Please welcome to the Toss Show Final Table. Nicki.
Speaker 2: Hello, Nicki, Hi, thanks for having me, my pleasure. It's the final table.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Oh my god, I'm scared so stressful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should we have the slutspring out the cash and all the sluts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please set it on the table. They still do that, Yeah they do. That's good.
Speaker 2: They just did it. It was like a few weeks ago was the main event final table in Vegas.
Speaker 1: There's so many good male reviews. You think once they would have some huge, sweet naked dudes with tight hogs.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a huge hit.
Speaker 1: I'm not against it. Originally from Santa Barbara. Then you lived in Los Angeles and now you live in Las Vegas. I do Yeah, that's the wrong order. Probably you definitely should go the other direction.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll circle back. I retire back in Santa Barbara.
Speaker 1: Do you love Santa Barbara?
Speaker 2: I love it from uh. I don't think there's any better city to grow up in, Like nostalgic wise, it's great. I like visiting my parents there. I missed the beach. But it's boring. It's really fucking boring. Like it's a college town and it's a like retirement community, but like anywhere in between those ages, there's nothing for you to do.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the wealth? Are your parents loaded to the gills?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, so no, that opposite. That's the misconception about Santa Barbara. I think so they tried to open all these designer stores in Santa Barbara. They all flopped, like Tiffany is Louvatan and all that stuff, because they're like, oh, these people have money. No, it's like it's like or people like it's like artists and hippies and stuff and people that grew up in Santa Barbara. Not it wasn't. I didn't grow up rich at all.
Speaker 1: Do you have any siblings one? Yeah, older, younger, younger brother.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Does he think he can beat you in poker?
Speaker 2: He thinks he can.
Speaker 1: Does he think he's better than you?
Speaker 2: Probably not. Now he has to act like he does. But he used to always get second. And Mario Karr, he couldn't be me for the world. Like any game we play like he cannot beat me. He's always going to be second.
Speaker 1: Did you play games your whole life?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, your favorite game scrabble. Pretty master scrabble player.
Speaker 1: I can't spell.
Speaker 2: You don't have to just make up ship. If people don't challenge you, you get away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my mind won't look like words.
Speaker 2: Oh on that.
Speaker 1: I can't play scrabble. But so you played scrabble?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, competitive Yatzi. I started with Yachtzi when I was like six, like, and I think that's how I learned, you know, straights and all the you know kind of poker terms.
Speaker 1: Though, if I don't get the top bonus.
Speaker 2: You flip out.
Speaker 1: I'm just an end of the world monster. Oh god, I just need that top bone.
Speaker 2: Sorry for your kids.
Speaker 1: All I care about.
Speaker 2: So when you're in Vegas, you always bet that like Djen bet that. You're like, it's really bad odds. You put a dollar and they're like, you could win five million. Dollars. You'll always bet that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's this one video blackjack machine now that's in most casinos. You have your bet and then there's like thirty crazy sucker bets around it. Huh, and you can put like five dollars on all of it. And it's like to do five dollars on everything. You're spending a couple hundred video program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never played that.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Did you do that?
Speaker 1: So I do it constantly? Oh god, I you know what? I like Ultimate? Hold them the table game.
Speaker 2: The ultimate text told them, Yeah, I like that one too. Now we call it Utch. Do you want to be cool? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's whatever. I want to be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just like strolling in the Vegas, but like you want to play.
Speaker 1: Some th I played table Max Utch recently.
Speaker 2: So you played all the hands on the table?
Speaker 1: No, just just my hand, table Max whatever, whatever it was, whatever the amount of money that it was.
Speaker 2: It's actually a really solid game to play at the casino because you have better odds because they they let you see hands.
Speaker 1: I half the time just play blind and put all the money on right away.
Speaker 2: How do you choose between that and love machines.
Speaker 1: Then I don't.
Speaker 2: Does it just feel good when you.
Speaker 1: Was, oh, my plows that I put the table max on all three spots and like four times your bet in the final play thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And on my last time, I was getting up to leave and and I had I hit a flush, and I was just like, wow, this is good feeling sick. Yeah, it was nice. Have you ever hit a royal flush in a tournament?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then let me tell you that fucking sucks because Okay, so I got my royal flush. It was last year. It was the first event of the WSOPO is a mystery bounty, a world series of pos series of poker, every ten thousand, just the main event. This one was a thousand and it had two million dollar bounties. But you have to get to the money, like you have to be in the money in order to start getting bounties. Okay, So I stood in line for an hour and a half of late ridge.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Finally gets set. We are at a table fresh stacks. Everybody's got a fresh stack. It's the first hand this table has played. And I have ace ten suited. Long story story. I had getting a royal flush and he had quad Queens. So it was sick like because he just thought, yeah, of course, he goes like all in, I go snap and he's like Quad Queens and I'm like Royal and then everyone goes whoa, and like all this crowd comes on. I posted on Twitter. It went viral, like everyone's like going nuts. Firsthand in the Mystery Bounty day for a Royal Flush against Quad Queens, I didn't even fucking cash that tournament. But if that happened in.
Speaker 1: A cash game, oh you'd be rich.
Speaker 2: I would not only have won the pot, which would be like a huge pot, but I also a lot of the casinos have jackpop bonuses, so if you get beat by a crazy hand, like if you have Quads and you get beat by a Royal Flush, you get to share this crazy jackpop bonus that sometimes like two hundred three hundred thousand dollars. So I wasted my royal.
Speaker 1: You said it was the first hand.
Speaker 2: It was the first hand, very first hand, firsthand.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. Second of all, you got action on it. It did, and that's exciting.
Speaker 2: It was exciting. Hey yeah, love for the process, not for the money, right, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Do you believe in ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just surprised me with that one.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: First question, your first question always, My first question wasn't your first question. It was I know what I'm supposed to say here.
Speaker 1: No you don't. You're supposed to You're supposed to speak your truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, not to choose between being authentic and being liked by the host. So, yeah, I believe in ghosts.
Speaker 1: Do you have you ever experienced ghosts?
Speaker 2: I have in I've never seen an apparition of a ghost, but I've had really freaky things happen. Okay, And I have friends who have like seen and they swear to God like and these people would take it to their grave.
Speaker 1: You hang out with a bunch of degenerates.
Speaker 2: That's true, but it doesn't invalidate their ability to have seen a ghost.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You don't ever feel some weird shit when you walk in the room. Yeah, okay, so that's just energy and ghosts are just resonating energy.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: What do you think they are?
Speaker 1: You play poker for a living and your husband is a cryptocurrency trader. Did you guys meet in an orphanage? I wish it's just funny, all right, does your husband play professional poker.
Speaker 2: Ever, No, not even I like that you started him at professional Like, he doesn't even play poker like at all. I've tried to teach him, but he just thinks if he has an ace or like any face card, he's going to win, no matter what the board is, no matter what. He's very confident. I told me you should play one hundred dollar daily tournament because like, he'll just shove, and I'm like, damn, that guy must just have it, doesn't have shit?
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, what quantifies being a professional poker player?
Speaker 2: So my story is a little interesting because, like, I technically make my money from the poker industry, so I play for fun and also for money, but like for fun and then I make a lot of media content. So it's like a combination.
Speaker 1: I gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's all poker.
Speaker 1: You're not one of these these these poker players that it's like all my winnings go to chair and I'm supposed to be like, oh, look at how great this person is. It gives all their money to charity that clearly has so much money to burn.
Speaker 2: I would love to be that eventually. Unfortunately, right now I do still like money.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. So no, you love poker.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be on the other side of it. Most people that casually played poker would look at your life that is amazing. And I always look at poker players and.
Speaker 2: Go, oh, you're correct.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, that's that's tough.
Speaker 2: Okay. Would you say that a lot of your friends that aren't in entertainment look at your life as a comedian and go like, oh, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, that's crazy. I'm taking money out of the equation. Yeah. If you told me I had to sit at a table and casually talk to gross people for twelve hours a day, I'd put a gun in my mouth. Really, yes, because a lot of the times at the table, it's really really gross people. There's wonderful people, of course, but there's some other people that's like, oh jeez, yeah, and now I got to pretend that I'm going to think that this guy's small chat is funny.
Speaker 2: You don't have to pretend. That's to beauty is that you can just be whoever you want to be at the table.
Speaker 1: What's the biggest cash pot you've ever won?
Speaker 2: Maybe two grand?
Speaker 1: You've played in three World Series of Poker tournaments. What's the farthest you've gotten and the most you've walked away with.
Speaker 2: So it was that fourth place final tabe. There was fifty seven hundred people in that tournament and fourth I got fourth. Yeah, and it was a six hundred dollars buy in. I just was in for one one buy in. And I even posted on my Instagram stories like I'm just lighting six hundred dollars on fire today because never going to cash your there'll be sopew tournament. And I ended up getting fourth place for one hundred and sixteen thousand. How much one hundred and sixteen thousand.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a good payday. How long did that take?
Speaker 2: How many days for that specific tournament? Two days?
Speaker 1: Like how many hours each day?
Speaker 2: Like twelve?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of work it was, Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of twenty four hours for one hundred and sixteen grand.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'd take a shit for one hundred and sixteen grand. I'll go on rent.
Speaker 2: It's never.
Speaker 1: Well. I just think it's weird that people offer me money to poop. What's the worst beat you've ever had? Got?
Speaker 2: It just happened at the World Series of Poker. I don't even know how much you'll understand. If if I say a hand history, you think you'll understand.
Speaker 1: I understand it.
Speaker 2: Basically I had the nuts and a guy shoved into me, and.
Speaker 1: I had didn't have the nuts then, but I did.
Speaker 2: Have the nuts. He fucking rivered a two outer.
Speaker 1: Did you just get up the shake hands and walk out?
Speaker 2: No, was so mad. I don't think I've been this shaken busting a tournament in ever ever. This was like, So this was a half PLO, half no limit tournament. This was my first time doing something not no limit, and so I kind of was preparing myself because PLO is very swinging, like you can just have the nuts and then not have the nuts in like you're out. But this was a no limit hand this one you should know how to play and you should not. It should not be that swinging. We were on the bubble, like five from the money. I have three times a chip average, a lot of short stacks around. Only one guy at the table covers me, and I get moved to this table, and so I'm like, okay, and are not going to get into it on the bubble. You don't want, you know, that to happen. So and he should know that and so I open King Queen off suit from the hijack. He calls from the big blind, he shouldn't be playing a lot of junk hands, but he can. He can his hand. Sure, he flats. Okay, So the the flop is ten nine jack, so I have the nuts straight. It's rainbow two, so no flush straws. So nine ten jack King Queen is my hand. Uh he checks to me. I continuation bet. He check raises me.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I decide should I go all in right now or should I like let him bet again? He bets a third of my stack. Now, I decided to just jam because like, don't just just get out of the hands, just get out of here, whatever you have. I'm telling you, I have the nuts. Like I don't want to fight on the bubble. I just want we can fight all these short stacks. We don't have to, you know, get into it with both of our stacks. And he snap calls, he's pot committed.
Speaker 1: Next, is he is he loot committed? He isn't.
Speaker 2: He's not pot committed.
Speaker 1: He's pot committed. He how much more was there?
Speaker 2: He would have sixty big onnes if he folded right there? But he had, but he had he had a lot of There was a lot of money in the pot. Yes, he had a set of jack, so we had top set. Okay, that's a good hand.
Speaker 1: But not wait, he had a one outer on the river.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so he had a well he okay, I said two outer. He had a one outer for quads. He for quads, and he did get quads, and that that's correct. He had a one outer for quads. He could have paired the board and got in a full house, which would have also beat me. But so there's a lot there was more than two outs, but revisionist history, it felt bad enough. Uh huh, that kind of like merged, you know. He but he got quads. He ended up rivering a jack, so that was a one outer that he got me with.
Speaker 1: And listen, your King Jack wasn't great to start with.
Speaker 2: He would have lost his whole stack. It was King Queen. First of all, I had the nuts straight. Pay attention.
Speaker 1: No, I knew it was a nut straight, but I felt like it was King Jack, nothing else straight whatever. I mean. His hand wasn't awful.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: So he on on a big blind. Everything he did on the big blind was fine.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, I would have all his chips in my stack. So that's what you have to think about.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that's the worst bad beat ever.
Speaker 2: It's just because it was on the stone bubble. So you like he spent hours.
Speaker 1: Are you in a tournament? Just do you get to the money?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, you play to win? Do you Guys tend to call women more?
Speaker 2: I think it depends on the guy too. Like if I can tell that he just doesn't believe anything I'm saying, then I'm just going to value about him every time. If I if he's scared because he thinks I have the nuts every time I'm bet big that he's gonna fold like big hands, then I'm just gonna I'm just gonna bluffet more. It's kind of just finding out people's exploits, Like if they're over.
Speaker 1: I'll never fold to me or to just women or women.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't, they're liars. So for you, I just every value hand. I would just bet big.
Speaker 1: I've folded pocket ace pre flop before. Why thought it was funny? Nit? So you just you I showed it?
Speaker 2: Do you giggle? You open folded boggat as as preflap. I was like, I don't don't feel like I'm rich.
Speaker 1: I don't feel good about this hand. I used to play at the Hustler back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I like the Hustler.
Speaker 1: I used to play there constantly. What year is this, two thousand to two thousand and eight, Okay, And then it was depressing because at six in the morning, they would have a donut cart roll around and give you, like, give every free donuts. We'd all just cheer. Cool, we'd cheer because we're getting donuts. And then I was like, I was like, just look at your life. What are you doing. You're at this casino in the middle of Guardina at six in the morning. What is wrong with you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Would be honest, you've played worst comedy show venues. Sure, Okay.
Speaker 1: That also depressed me. I should That's what I don't think people understand about people that actually make their living just plain poker, that it's just such a grind. Yeah, it's like just all day long, just it's just.
Speaker 2: Well, it's easy to glamorize because people see the highlights, you know, you see those people winning bracelets at the main event or the Moneymaker era, like He's this guy that won a satellite for eighty bucks and then he gets like into the main event, a ten thousand dollars buy in, and then he wins against like pro players, Like it's like a Cinderella story.
Speaker 1: I saw Chris Moneymaker one time after his success in a stairwell, sitting on the floor in a casino.
Speaker 2: Okay in Vegas, say hi, No.
Speaker 1: I just was like, Oh, he seems to be on top of the world. Do you have any backers?
Speaker 2: Do I have back yes?
Speaker 1: Do you have backers?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I sell action sometimes, though, what does that mean? People can buy a piece? Like, so if I'm entering let's say the main event for ten thousand dollars, I could sell thirty percent of myself and I could sell pieces like people could be like I want five percent, I want ten percent or whatever, okay, and then whatever I win, they get that percentage of the winnings. So they get temper if I win five million dollars, like ten percent of that.
Speaker 1: In the In the poker world, though, is it common for people to have backers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would say so, as when you get to a certain level.
Speaker 1: You're not spending your own money at all. Anymore.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say at all, like just a percentage big percentage of you is bad.
Speaker 1: A coach, I do? Yeah, is that helpful? Yeah? More than like a sixteen dollars Doyle brunts and book.
Speaker 2: I read all the books and it took some courses or whatever online. But I like the private, like the very what's it called k curated. I guess it's like personal to me, like my leaks, like, so they're actually analyzing like the shit that I'm doing wrong. That was really helpful. Also, I hired him. He's a tournament coach. I was moving from cash to tournaments and it's completely different strategy, and I wanted to know like the quickest way that I could just like sit at a WSP tournament and cash like be competent in it. And I just moved to Vegas, so like WSP was coming up, and immediately after the first session, I won the first tournament that I was in, and then I had my first five figure score like two weeks later, and then my second event in that WSP, I got fourth place for one hundred and sixteen thousand dollars. It was a six hundred dollars buy in, so I would say, the coaching definitely is worth it. If you you don't apply.
Speaker 1: It, do you are you would you consider yourself a gambler across the board with everything.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean I think that I feel like I play my odds on I feel like poker is the best odds because you're playing, not playing the house, you're playing other people the table. And I mean I do like on occasion and enjoy like blackjack or crabs, but I have to be drunk, and it has to be because like people are in town and like they want to I wouldn't go in there like I'm going to be profitable tonight, Like I would go in there to have fun.
Speaker 1: You ever play roulette?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, man, you're never so scary. You're never with the girls going I gotta play my birthday.
Speaker 2: If the girls want to do, I would oblige the girls.
Speaker 1: What number of women in let's just say a big tournament. What percentage your women less than five percent? Do you like it when they're always like, oh, you're the last woman to bust.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I mean some people there's back and forth arguments like oh, it's good for the coverage to like have a woman be highlighted in the meat in the poker media because they don't get highlighted enough, you know. So there's that argument that like if more women were highlighted, then maybe more women would come play poker and be and like be comfortable. But I don't like being treated like not an individual. So when it's like, oh, like you're the last woman stand, it's like being told like you're the funniest woman. Like it's it's like, okay, well that's cool that it's like a capped category or something. You know.
Speaker 1: I get why people wouldn't like that, but they're usually playing with their husband's money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all that crip the money. Maybe have you seen crypto lately?
Speaker 1: No? Is it bad?
Speaker 2: I don't check.
Speaker 1: You don't check.
Speaker 2: I don't look. No, he doesn't look at my poker bankroll?
Speaker 1: And what kind of fuzzy math are you guys doing around April every year? When it comes to taxes?
Speaker 2: I did say, my dad's a CPA, but uh are.
Speaker 1: You letting your dad here? Are you reporting your losses?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just have allish.
Speaker 1: Do you embellish the losses?
Speaker 2: I don't have to. I don't have to embellish them if I you know, I just report actual losses, but I maybe don't. They don't know how much I won.
Speaker 1: You ever splashed the pot?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You ever slow rolls to be a bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If I don't like them, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you show bluffs or no?
Speaker 2: It depends if I'm trying, if I think people are folding too much to me, or like I have, if I have too tight of an image, they're not giving me any action, then I'll show bluffs so that they start like playing with me more.
Speaker 1: I got you. Everything's calculated? Are you ever honest with anybody?
Speaker 2: My husband?
Speaker 1: Does you your husband worry that you lie to his face because you're a liar for a living.
Speaker 2: Uh, he shouldn't worry about because you'll never know.
Speaker 1: That's actually fair. I would be okay with that. Yeah, good enough. But what about your hours? Does he hate your hours?
Speaker 2: I think that they've taken some time to get use to for sure. Yeah, because like we used to do everything together, Like we've created shows together. We met doing a show together, and then we moved to Vegas, like we went kind of separate paths. We still like have date nights and stuff, but like, yeah, I'm like gone, I'm not a night person, Like, I've never been a night person my entire life. He's always been the night person. I'm the morning person, okay, but since playing poker, like, I'm out all night sometimes and it's just like super random. I don't even know how I'm able to stay up when I'm playing poker and not any other time that we've tried to do anything.
Speaker 1: Isn't it weird how you when you sit at a table, all of a sudden, You're like, go away. I could be here for six weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: It's just so much more fun to win, though it is. I just can't.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: My heart can't take the bad beats.
Speaker 2: Like losing feels worse than winning.
Speaker 1: Fields, Yeah, it stings.
Speaker 2: You like gambling though?
Speaker 1: I love gambling?
Speaker 2: What do you like about it?
Speaker 1: I'm told psychologically that you actually like the pain of the losses. Then that's what kind of keeps you doing it over and over. But that's not true. I like to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like to win too.
Speaker 1: Do you have a cute little sack?
Speaker 2: I do? It's right here?
Speaker 1: Is your cash in there? Right now? Do you got a wad in there? Yeah? Let me guess much? Do you do you have a stack of high society?
Speaker 2: High society? What's that?
Speaker 1: Do you ever saw the movie Rounders?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I have, but I don't thousand, no, because why would I go on a plane with that?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you know?
Speaker 2: I have like traveling, it's just a few thousand or fifty dollars bills bad luck.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you're playing a Texas no limit cash game, what's your increment that you like?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Mostly I play two five to five? And what are you buy in it at two five a thousand?
Speaker 1: And what's the max you can buy in for?
Speaker 2: Mostly like around Vegas, fifteen hundred somewhere like in La. It's a little different. Like the casino I started at was Commerce Casino and they have wacky rules for buying. So I started at Commerce three five and they have a two hundred dollars max buy in which is only forty big blindes, which is crazy for a cash game that.
Speaker 1: You can't push people out with that kind of money.
Speaker 2: No, So you have to just all in shovefest until you are deep stacked enough to like play real poker.
Speaker 1: You tip every hand to the dealer. I do every hand that you win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless it's pre flop.
Speaker 1: Then you don't.
Speaker 2: There's no money in there right now?
Speaker 1: What about what's that called when you're after the big blind and you just steal them? No, you put your money in anti. No, stop guessing.
Speaker 2: Well, you're looking too long.
Speaker 1: I know I do that all the time. No, when you double the big blind and straddle, straddle? Yeah, do you like to straddle? I didn't want to. Don't even answer because I fucking hated that it sounded like that. Do you ever play any other card games competitively?
Speaker 2: I like Blackjack? Like, that's one I think he has you have more of an edge on like the house only has like less than one percent edge if you're playing correctly. I don't count cards or anything, right, No, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like any game where you can rip the cards what and throw them at one?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: No, but I've watched Asian men do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're wild. They love Voker.
Speaker 1: It's your ethnicity.
Speaker 2: I'm half Filipino, half White, French, Russian?
Speaker 1: Which part do you like more?
Speaker 2: How can I say? My mom always told me to put Filipino only on my like whenever I ask for ethnicities on paperwork, so that I get a scholarship and.
Speaker 1: Your mom's white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's white.
Speaker 1: You live next door to the biggest online poker player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. Wow, shout out to Chris Mormon.
Speaker 1: Yeah he won forty million dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't want to, you know, say something out of turn, but I think he's mentioned that, being about how much he's cash.
Speaker 1: I feel like he should live in my neighborhood.
Speaker 2: In Malibu. Yeah, yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: Do you play with him?
Speaker 2: We've played in the same tournaments before, but no, he mostly grinds online.
Speaker 1: Like how many VPNs does he have?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Uh, none. He travels and is there legitimately?
Speaker 1: Is that what you do? You have?
Speaker 2: You have v I never do that.
Speaker 1: There's only six states that allow online gambling.
Speaker 2: So regulated gambling is allowed in certain states. So Vegas has WSB dot com as the only regulated site in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: They cheat, right, don't they cheat online? Didn't they prove that?
Speaker 2: So yeah, you have to beware of because obviously people aren't monitoring you online.
Speaker 1: They've somebody that's in the same table.
Speaker 2: They could be in the same room, right right. Yeah, So there's collusion problems that they have different software that kind of susses it out now, so they're they're getting better and better at it security wise. But yeah, that's always going to be a problem, especially in the cash games where you can like pick what table you sit at so that you could sit you could actually you know, be doing something that's also a league which you have multiple multiple accounts. People got caught for that, like having multiple accounts sitting at the same table just waiting for suckers to join it, uh huh and then taking their money.
Speaker 1: I mean, I tell you, I think full tilt poker probably owes me a few thousand dollars. Reference in the day, Yeah, I used to like it shut it down.
Speaker 2: So that was Black Friday. It's like a day that everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody lost their money.
Speaker 2: Haha.
Speaker 1: Who's your favorite like famous poker player to play against? Have you ever got to play against any of your heroes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Just recently. Actually Phil Hellmuth, Oh he's your hero. No, Phil, Ivy is my hero, but I my Ivy is.
Speaker 1: The is the blackfellow who people, uh is it weird? Is a black fella a little weird? I disagree. They compare him to Tiger Woods and he's very stoic. He doesn't seem like he's impressed. Yeah, it doesn't care that he bust out of a tournament because he wants to get to a cash game. And he's just always getting a back rub yeh for like eight hours a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know a lot about him.
Speaker 1: Why would you get a back rub that long?
Speaker 2: Well, it's ten tense, plain poker.
Speaker 1: It's just uncomfortable for the person.
Speaker 2: Well, they're getting paid.
Speaker 1: Well, I know they're getting paid well, but guess what they don't. It's like a little degrading anything. Do you like spas?
Speaker 2: I love spas.
Speaker 1: I love spas, best part of Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's your favorite spa?
Speaker 1: Well, I just go where I work.
Speaker 2: Where do you work?
Speaker 1: Well, i've for the fifteen years I worked at the Mirage. Okay, and let me tell you something about the last time I was in the spa there. All right, you're not going to believe the story. You're gonna think I'm making it up. I'm in the spa there, and the guy says to me, as well as you know, I've checked in. I do this every time. I have the same routine. But then you know the son of the Jacuzia. Hey there's a coffee filter. I don't just leave it on the floor. But why would I touch a coffee anyway? An old man had just recently shit on the floor and they put a coffee filter over it. They're like, we're waiting on somebody to come clean it up. I'm like, you clean it up. I didn't say that, but in my head, I'm like, I'm glad the seminoles bought you and they're blowing this place up. Get it because there's poop on the floor.
Speaker 2: Disgusting. Yes, when was this?
Speaker 1: How long ago was it? Pete? Two years ago? They knew.
Speaker 2: They were just like, we're going out of business anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, And now, I.
Speaker 2: So you said that this is your favorite spa.
Speaker 1: No, I said you like spots, I said, I like spots and get I only go to the ones where I work, and I happen to work there for fifteen year. Now I work at the Cosmopolitans. Oh, and I love their fourth grade. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: How often do you work there?
Speaker 1: It's none of your business?
Speaker 2: Oh god? Okay, Daniel Tosh.
Speaker 1: Dot com and check for dates. Now I'm there once twice or three once a month.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's kind of a lot.
Speaker 1: By the way, how messed up? Is it that they've changed the increments of time. It used to be sixty and ninety. Yeah, now it's fifty and eighty. Yeah, you don't think I don't fucking know what you're doing. Give me my ten minutes.
Speaker 2: We shouldow?
Speaker 1: Do you go ninety or go fifty ninety?
Speaker 2: Okay, well now eighty. But yeah we get local discounts. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Maybe do that sometimes in Tahoe and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: All right, I got you cut off your own questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've played against Phil. He's called the poker brat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why I loved it.
Speaker 1: And he blows up on people, right, but he's only a tournament player.
Speaker 2: Really really, yeah, but I played cash with him. So there was a show called The Big Game that Poker Stars did ten years ago where they picked an amateur poker player and they gave him a free roll like one hundred thousand dollars to play high stakes against pros, and so it was a really popular show and they just relaunched it and I got chosen to be the loose cannon like guest amateur player against Phil helm you with Jennifer Tilley, Alan Keating, all these you know, professional players.
Speaker 1: How much made you take off him?
Speaker 2: I did it. You have to watch the show. But there was a hand we got into that was really fun because I really wanted him to I guessed his exact hand and then I asked him if I could get him to fold it, and he said no, and so I put what I thought was a really big bed in it because he's kind of like a tight player, and it wasn't the nut It wasn't a nutted hand, so he like went in the tank for a little bit. He ended up calling and winning the pop. I think if he lot, if he folded it, I got into fold and I showed the bluff, then he would have exploded on me. And that's been one of my goals forever, is just to like get him to rate me.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you have a regular game in La?
Speaker 2: In La? I know I don't have like a regular probably a private game that.
Speaker 1: I do you ever? Do you ever played any casino? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm staying at the bike right now. So I like the bike.
Speaker 1: What's the hotel like there?
Speaker 2: It's nice, but the beds aren't very comfortable. Sorry, bicycle, you should fix that. But everything else it's nice. It's a nice casino.
Speaker 1: You gotta try all the beds, try all of them. Let's talk movies. Your favorite gambling movie?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean Rounders is like definitely the Goat.
Speaker 1: What about Molly's Game?
Speaker 2: I liked Molly's Game. There's been like mixed reviews about it, but I liked it. I like Aaron Sorkin.
Speaker 1: Did you ever want to play Toby Maguire? Just because he's like.
Speaker 2: Dead money, terrifying actually.
Speaker 1: And apparently apparently he's got a real dark side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I hear.
Speaker 1: Is he called what was their group called the Pussy Posse? Yeah, yep, I think it was. Yeah, him and Leonardo DiCaprio, all those Guy Grosser, Yeah exactly. It's weird to here's say Leonardo's name and then immediate reaction is gross twenty one. What do you think those Mit nerds?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nerds, Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 1: Well, he's getting he's getting a redemption, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, you like him again?
Speaker 1: I got me. You know what movie you should watch? Did you ever see The Runner? No, it's with Courtney cox Is in it. Oh, there's only one scene that I like about it. Okay, I think he'd lost or was in the middle of a bet that had gone wrong, but he still has to go on a date with her, so he's compartmentalizing and he's trying to act like he doesn't care about this, yeah, this looming loss. And then all of a sudden, he gets sick to his stomach. He's like, I'm gonna shit, and he's like driving his car and he just starts flying through red lights in Vegas. He's like, I'm gonna ship and he's like a first date and she's just looking at He's just I'm shitting.
Speaker 2: I'm shitting. Oh god, oh god, ship coming. Oh my god, my god, Oh no, I'm shitting. Sorry, my god.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I love this movie.
Speaker 2: It's a great scene.
Speaker 1: Are you good at reading people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can show why.
Speaker 1: Why am I? It's just my thing. I'm just bad as because.
Speaker 2: You don't believe in ghosts, you're not in tune with the spiritual.
Speaker 1: I also want to believe what people say to me, So I'm like, sucker, right, I asked me a question, and and I'll try to either tell the truth they're lying.
Speaker 2: You're stoic, Yeah, true, Go ahead, Okay, have you ever done anal no? Liar.
Speaker 1: Why is that your go to question?
Speaker 2: That was the first thing I thought, because the shitting story.
Speaker 1: Do you do chip tricks?
Speaker 2: I can shuffle?
Speaker 1: I'm sure how many stack of ten each I could do.
Speaker 2: I could do one hundred. I mean one hundred, like a stack or a stack of twenty, so it's like one hundred dollars. Sorry, yeah, twenty.
Speaker 1: Have they updated the names of cards?
Speaker 2: What are what are your last references?
Speaker 1: Insurrection the j six Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's a new one. You knew it as a joke. Hitler's the Aces. No, yeah, Canadian aces, Canadian aces, fours, queens.
Speaker 1: Queens because Canadians love the queen. But she's dead. You got to change these names. Yeah, that's true. I always give people on the show a gift.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, but I got a gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just stuff that I don't like in my house. Okay, I just go around my house and I take stuff. This somebody gave my wife. It's a deck of astrology.
Speaker 2: How did you know? I literally just mentioned your retrograde like highlight. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I figured that this is right up your alley. Then this is a game that I want you to play with your husband sometimes. Do you ever play left right center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a huge game with that was you're buying one dollar?
Speaker 1: Oh you got to up, you got to make it crazy?
Speaker 2: It was yeah three how much.
Speaker 1: Put each person pay? I call it left right center even technically called left center right? Do you already have it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was someone else's.
Speaker 1: Then the last thing that I got, I'm going to play if you don't mind, I'm gonna play your heads up for a bracelet. This is one my son made me that.
Speaker 2: You didn't give away one your son made.
Speaker 1: You know, if that's the bracelet you do, you only get one bracelet? Ok?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Then this is one we just found recently, just as be kind. And then this one. My brother randomly bought me this from mister Porter. So it's probably actually nice, but it doesn't look nice to me. And I'm not gonna wear a bracelet. I wear my kids bracelets.
Speaker 2: And I want the one your son made, do you? Because I want you to fight for it?
Speaker 1: There you go? Yeah, guess what I don't at this one? It says heart D. He didn't even who shortens You can't get an a D just D and has lost its elasticity. It's gen z Man.
Speaker 2: They just.
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, how much money would you have to personally lose before you were like, oh, I got to stop playing poker.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great question. Uh. I'm I'm kind of good with bank roll, so I like I couldn't see myself actually losing like a whole.
Speaker 1: You don't think you never go back to zero.
Speaker 2: I could go back to zero. I could back to zero. I still I would play still if I went back to zero, because I'm still getting income from like poker media. So even losing like that could go viral like those videos like people like to see people.
Speaker 1: Just like on the street homeless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just like lose their ship, like all of their ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I just always think that's crazy to know that so many professional poker players.
Speaker 2: Go broke, go broke or worse, like they're like, yeah, super negative. Yeah, so you can get into makeup for years some of some people, you know, where there's plenty of stories of people that you know, had a really hot start and then they get backed and they play a lot of volume because you know, there's a lot of variants, and you have to play a lot of volume to like get through the variants, right, and then they just have bad variants and they're like two hundred thousand dollars in the negative, and now they have to play until they're out of that. So they could win fifty grand and like they have zero because they have to pay their backer.
Speaker 1: I don't like any of that. That's it seems stressful. Yeah, I want it to be fun. Yeah, bring me in a deck of cards and forty chips. What do you want to what do you want our buying to be a real number? Oh? I mean we have to play.
Speaker 2: We have to play money one hundred dollars all right, I'm gonna let you know. I don't have an edge here.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's not about an edge. And I'm not trying to make you look bad on camera or anything. I'm just we're just playing put on the table.
Speaker 2: Left right center.
Speaker 1: Oh, I play left right center for right now? Holy cow, I am nervous. How much longer is it going to take you? Guys? We've already had the money and the bracelet ready to gamble? Am, I chef, did you shuffle these? I shuffled them, doesn't matter. I'll give them a few little one sobers. Here? Do we need a dealer button? We do. I need something official here, Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Do need to be official. Maybe that one of those shitty bracelets. Okay, that works. Why do you have dental floss?
Speaker 1: Why don't you have? What do you do? You just take your phone and go like this, I can't get it, and then your husband's like it's right there, and so me, I just excuse myself. I go to the bathroom. Hair, I have floss. Oh that's the Filipino and you such strong, beautiful hair. Is that racist to say that?
Speaker 2: No, we sell our hair.
Speaker 1: We sell our hair all right here we are, okay.
Speaker 2: So can I tell them though, that I don't have an edge and heads up?
Speaker 1: You don't you say whatever you want to cover you tell?
Speaker 2: I want to tell those bullshit. There's a lot of variants here, and heads up, and we're not doing a very large table size. I just want I don't want you get a big head.
Speaker 1: So no, that's not what this is for. This is just to win one hundred. Also, get your get your small blind in.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go, yes, sir, and uh, no aunties.
Speaker 1: So if I'm the dealer, but I still deal you first. Yeah, okay, all right, no aunties. Okay, oh this is exciting, and well, how tell me, tell me if you guys can see? Okay, all right, good, all right, raise.
Speaker 2: To thirty whoa, whoa? Okay, oh god, this was rigged?
Speaker 1: What I did not It's not rigged at all. Why why did you push? Push?
Speaker 2: You push?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I raised and you shoved.
Speaker 1: I shove because what am I supposed to do with this? Heads up?
Speaker 2: Let's do out of three.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're gonna run it twice? All right? Oh, I got a heart.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you're running really good right now? That's solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, there we go.
Speaker 2: All right, that's one that's really free. Oh my god, you're ten or no? Yeah, we need that king. I'm running. I'm drawing dead John so dead right now? Oh my god, damn it. Well you win the bracelet, I guess.
Speaker 1: Oh my son almost lost this. Yeah, Pasha, Well, I want to thank Nikki for being on the show. And if you're wondering if we played again, we did and I let her win. Why because she's a girl and she was so sad. She kept saying, oh, I can't go home one hundred in the hole. You have no idea what my husband, the crypto King would do to me, so I you know, I was like, all right, I'll eyes that, I'll play looser, and I loosened up and I lost. Speaking of gambling, oh you ready for this Football's back, which means that it is time for our new paid gambling segment where I give you my picks, which we're calling Tasha's Teasers. Tasha's Teasers is brought to you by Draft Kings. Now the first bet, this one is not recommended. This is my Homer long shot pick. What I like to do do this at the beginning of the season. I'm gonna parlay UCF University of Central Florida winning the college football playoffs, with the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl and Tennessee Tech this week upset in Georgia. Now that parlay right there, one dollar will win all the money in circulation currently in America. Wow. So no, My real bet this week the tosh te'ser of the Week liberty to cover any margin versus New Mexico State. Those Christians they got a butt whipping in the bowl game last year, but they'll write the ship. The reason I like betting on college football is I love to swear at students just trying to get an education Now. For those of you listen to these shows a few weeks after they come out, you only have yourself to blame from missing out on all these surefire money making bets. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app now and use Coode Tosh. That's Coode Tosh for new customers to get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks and get one month of NFL plus premium on us. Offer ends September nineteenth only on DraftKings. The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler York call eight seven seven eight h op E n Y or text hop E n Y. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort Kansas twenty one plus. Age eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in New Hampshire, Oregon and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources ce DKNNG dot co forward slash ftva l NFL Plus Premium offer available only to new and former NFL Plus subscribers. Additional NFL Plus premium terms at NFL dot com slash terms.
Speaker 1: All right, look at that, paying the bills, keeping the lights on, getting you that premium dog food. Speaking of plugs, boysworpink dot com. Check out Eddiegoslin dot com for his tour dates. Check out me on tour with Eddie give me in Vegas this weekend heading to New Orleans. Why, by the way, these plugs that we do, Yeah, sure, sometimes we receive money, but not always. People have asked, what are you gonna do in option two? Now that your son won't be ending every podcast with a bedtime story Option two, I'm just randomly gonna throw out free plugs to people that I think would appreciate it. Now, if you're in the Greater Wichita area, there's a gigantic multi family garage sale. Mark your calendars. It's on the corner of one thirty fifth in Central in the Rainbow Lakes neighborhood. Follow The Sign's gonna include collectibles, home decor, holiday decor, skincare, cosmetics, bicycles, boys and teens, baseball gear, men's and women's clothing, upscale brands, variety of sizes, shoes, handbags, tons of teacher items, curriculum, cute decor, holiday organization, games, puzzles, et cetera, much much more. Treasure's galore. Holy cow, they're gonna accept cash and venmo Friday and Saturday, seven am. I'd get there Friday. Guys, you're gonna want to get there this Friday. See you next week.