Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Lucy is on the phone today for our first Day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Josh. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But first, Lucy, how long has it been since you heard from Josh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hey, yeah, it's been about two weeks.
Speaker 1: A good amount of time. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like we had such a good vibe and connection. I can't let this go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you try to get a hold of him in that time? Oh?
Speaker 3: I definitely have. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, when was the last time you reached out?
Speaker 3: I actually reached out yesterday. Then I'm a text but yeah, I haven't heard anything from them.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll tell us about the date.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I know it sounds really wild, but it honestly felt like it might be something from out of a movie. That's how like magical account.
Speaker 5: We met in Vegas, and I don't know, we just had a really great time. It felt like otherworldly. It was I don't know, I just felt like the universe kind of put us.
Speaker 3: Together, and he made me laugh, like immediately it felt like disconnected to him, and we just like we saw each other at the Latin Machines and just had a great conversation and then he got my number and we text NonStop, and when I got back home, he actually asked me out on a real date. And I didn't even let him finish the sentence, like I was like, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: So you guys in the same city. How amazing.
Speaker 3: I know, it really felt like it was meant to be.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So so we ended up going to this really like vibe wine bar with fairy lights and and we shared like a sarcuitary board and like held hands the whole time, and I don't know, like it really just felt like we were falling in love.
Speaker 3: I know that sounds crazy, but it was just it was.
Speaker 1: Amazing, okay, and he was feeling the same way you think.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, Yeah, like I felt like we were so connected and we were like I don't know, it was just it was it was awesome.
Speaker 3: He definitely was into me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, then what happened, Like, was there anything off at the end of the day or even during.
Speaker 1: The date, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I thought everything was going well and I felt really like I wanted to be open and honest with him, and so towards the end of the date, I told him that I'm technically married. Oh yeah, but like I'm I'm really working on opening things up with my husband.
Speaker 2: And did you say opening things up with your husband? Yeah, so like open relationship type thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like he already knows like I'm a free spirit, and he knows like I'm very open minded. I mean, he loves who I am, and so I I you.
Speaker 3: Know, I talked to him about it, and.
Speaker 5: I don't know, instead of listening and having a conversation, he just like felt very frantic and just left.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so like he grabbed his jacket. He didn't even finish his drink. And I haven't heard from Instnce, So.
Speaker 1: So we know why you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean yes, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just I felt like I was being really transparent and I believe in honesty and obviously love and multiple kinds of love. And he said he really liked emotionally intelligent women, and I don't know, I thought that he would be at.
Speaker 3: Least willing to have a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: So okay, that's what you wanted to have a conversation about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well we'll play song come back and then call him and see if that is, in fact the reason that he's ghosting you and try to get you a second date if you still want one.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that would be amazing, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get your first date follow up Next first Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com. If you're just joining us for today's first Date follow up. Lucy is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Josh. We think we might know why, but we're not sure. So we're about to call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and get her a second date. But first, Lucy, why don't you break down your situation again real quick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I had a really great connection with Josh. We went on a date and I was honest with him and told him that I'm married, but i'd like to, you know, have an open relationship.
Speaker 3: And I don't not see this last so I haven't heard from him.
Speaker 1: Since, all right, well, are you ready to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Hi, man, I speak to Josh. Please, Hey Josh, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewel Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Josh.
Speaker 1: I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria and my name is Jewel. What's up?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you ever listened to the show before?
Speaker 6: I have, but just in a minute, and I don't know what I'm doing on it.
Speaker 2: Well, we do a segment called the first eight follow up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then you ghost them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you, Josh. Okay, any idea who would email us.
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: Vanessa?
Speaker 2: It's not Vanessa, it's Lucy, And that's she's actually on the phone and wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 1: So Lucy, all right?
Speaker 5: Bus So Vanessa, I know I freaked her out by telling you I'm married, But are you going out with somebody else?
Speaker 3: I thought we really had like a connection.
Speaker 6: Uh huh uh Okay, hold on, I'm still trying to process all this work. So you thought I ghosted you, so you called a radio station to call me on the on the air. Is that what?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 6: What is happening here right now?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: I I didn't know what else to do, so I called the radio station, like you've been ghosting me?
Speaker 5: So what did?
Speaker 3: I don't know what to do?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna break this down in a way that I hopefully you can understand. Lucy, you casually dropped that you're married and you're planning to ask him for permission to date me.
Speaker 3: So you're asking your.
Speaker 6: How do you think this was gonna go? Like I I, yeah, I do like you, but this is so messy. This is not how I operate, I.
Speaker 7: Know, But I mean I was being really vulnerable with you, like I felt like, I don't know, I felt like we reached this place and like I was able to open up to you in that way and and.
Speaker 3: That I want you to be in my life.
Speaker 5: I feel like something's really here between us and I felt like I could tell you the truth and we could like kind of work through this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's see, I didn't sign up for a throuttle dot watch that I don't want that. I don't want that.
Speaker 3: Okay, like I don't not a threuple just me Like, I'm okay, I would still be married, but I would be monogamous with you, so.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't be with your husband anymore. Is that what you're saying to me?
Speaker 3: Okay, I well, I would be with him, but but it would just be him and then you and nobody else.
Speaker 6: That's not not miss with me. Do you understand what.
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 3: But like, what if I just I feel like, okay, what if I.
Speaker 5: Let you date whoever you want, but then you're still my boyfriend?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm going to refer back to the monogamous. Do you even know what that word means? This is bothering me. Can you tell me what it means? If you if you know?
Speaker 1: I mean, what does it mean?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, tell me like, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it means.
Speaker 6: So can you explain it to me? Just tell me what it is? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Word means?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I think it's going to take more than like a conversation on the radio to talk about that.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I'm just telling you to tell me one thing you dragged me on the radio I just want you to define one word. What's monogamous?
Speaker 5: Needs?
Speaker 3: What does it mean?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Definition, you got your phone to google it?
Speaker 3: You don't know? Yeah, I mean I just feel like it.
Speaker 5: To me, it's being with my husband and then and then you with my boyfriend and then nobody else. That's great.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, that's that's amazing cool. So chairs are dead too in my world? Like, I don't you know you can't just change the definition of a word to suit your application. Do you understand that?
Speaker 3: Would you at least see when I can maybe like talk to me more about this?
Speaker 6: Like absolutely was at this point. I'm like fascinated with what's going on in your mind. I'll never talk to you from a romantic angle ever again, or that that's that's not happening. That's that's but I want to know. I want to know how crazy you are. I'm being honest. I want to figure out what's going on in your head.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know that that's you, Josh. Would you like another day with Lucy? Will pay for it? Oh?
Speaker 5: No? Like, okay, I get that you think I'm crazy. It's a little unconventional, but I just like you would maybe want to see like where our connection to go, Like it might be worth you know, exploring a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, sometimes we think wrong.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay you did say we so.
Speaker 6: That Yeah, okay, yeah that's a hard No. There will never be you and me we as long as you have a husband. Okay, okay, Well.
Speaker 5: Josh, I feel like it's really unfair that you think I should leave my husband for you.
Speaker 1: Escalated.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I don't think you're getting another date, Lucy, but at least you got to talk to Josh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks, guys, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: You'll figure it out, I'm sure. And Josh, thank you for your time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I still don't know what happened with all this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you will. First date fall