Speaker 1: Lots to Say with Bobby Bones and Matt Castle is a production of the NFL and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: We got lots, just say, we got lots to save what Becker and we hope you say because we got lost said, Yeah, we got lots just say.
Speaker 3: Here's Bobby that. We have an excellent interview with Dallas Clark coming up in a second.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite of all time. And you know Dallan, Yes.
Speaker 5: We've run into each other a number of different events and things like that over the years. We've got a lot of friends. They're mutual friends. So he's an awesome dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and obviously we've recorded the interview. It's one of my favorite ever. I the word I shouldn't be surprised. I can't believe he's so big.
Speaker 5: Six', five like two fifty two fifty, five ran like a four to six four four six five. Flying that's, crazy crazy. Athlete so we'll talk to.
Speaker 3: Him coming up in just a. SECOND a couple of THINGS i want to ask. You number, one do you have a favorite baseball? Team favorite baseball TEAM i would have to go with THE La.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and it's not Because i'm a front runner and because we have an all star team and we're, awesome.
Speaker 4: And you've won, championship and.
Speaker 5: We've won championships. Recently BUT i did grow up In Los, angeles so it's. Easy are you watching Any i've been watching a little. Bit it's still a bit early in. Playoff i'm a Massive cups, Fan, OKAY i have been my whole. Life so we win The Visional.
Speaker 3: Series pretty cool when two or three from The Padres padres are playing pretty good. Ball we know we don't have pitching, death but our depth won the. Game we got into. It The, brewers they scored nine runs in the first two, Innings game one.
Speaker 4: Over that's a. Lot that's a. Lot it's a. Lot and then On monday night.
Speaker 3: We played Them game, two we go up three, zero and then quickly it's four to three and then we've so it's five game. Series AND i was with one of my best, Friends brett is From, illinois and we're, like all, right we're gonna win this series and we're going up for the FREAKING.
Speaker 4: Nlc, yes, yes it. Ain't it's not. Good we live one. More, yeah you're down To it's, okay it'll be. Great bestive get in a. Row you gotta win three in a. Row tony, up let's. Go if it were up to, me we'd be. Winning if you're up to, me would would be up. Starting i'd be the.
Speaker 3: Year, Yes i'd be owing in the it's the same, time be, pitching.
Speaker 4: Pitching and playing first dropping. Bombs they would need a first.
Speaker 3: BASEMENT i would be doing both so we could have an extra outfielder BECAUSE i could get to.
Speaker 4: Both that's HOW i. Do i'm Just i'm a. Ballplayer how was your game this? Weekend?
Speaker 5: Game this week we went To Ohio. State we're at, show which was great. Environment they Played. Minnesota there's a little bit of difference in terms of the type of players that you saw on each. Team minnesota had a great first, drive goes, down kick a field, goal and then that was about. It Then Ohio state, said, hey we're, home let's rock and. Roll but Watching Ohio, STATE i Mean Jeremiah, smith that kid's going to be top draft. Pick they've Got Carnell tits another wide. Receiver they've got dudes all over the. Field that young, Kid Julian sayan was his five, star number ONE qb playing great. Football so just all all in, all there there's a reason they're the number one team in the.
Speaker 3: Nation you like, SAYING i mean because before the year, started it was, like who's going to start a?
Speaker 4: Quarterback like is he the? Guy now he's the. Guy he's the.
Speaker 5: Guy he's just a natural thrower of the, football redshirt, freshman and you can see the arm. Talent he can make every single. Throw he's got a quick, delivery good decision. Maker and then when you surround, Him, yeah with those, GUYS i, mean he got the keys of the. Ferrari so if you can play the position and throw the ball to those, guys you're gonna be just.
Speaker 3: Fine my debate, is DO i go To knoxville On saturday to Watch arkansas At.
Speaker 4: Tennessee that would be. Awesome it will be a great.
Speaker 3: Environment it's not a noon, game which is great for, environment, right because it's a worse ironment if you go to an ELEVEN am or a noon game in central time. Zone it's eleven o'clock, games, right but That's, eastern so to be a noon, game but it's a it's a three twenty five.
Speaker 4: Game BUT i know we're probably gonna get.
Speaker 5: Run, well especially wasn't it last year that they beat him and upset them by.
Speaker 4: Day you mean we yeah, YEAH i mean you yeah, me because you KNOW i.
Speaker 3: DO i freaking pony up when it's time to.
Speaker 4: So might as well go and see what.
Speaker 3: Happens but we fired a coach obviously right that, rallies the team had an off, week and Now Bobby petrino's the head coach. Again you know he's going to come up with some stuff for this. GUY i want to ride his motorcycle In. No, NO i don't want to go and get beat seventy to.
Speaker 4: Nothing THOUGH.
Speaker 5: I don't think you guys will get beat seventy to. Nothing LIKE i, said you guys got a decent, squad but it'll be. ROCKING i, mean seventy and nothing's a hell of a score right. There that means you just like lay down and.
Speaker 3: Die the problem is if you Go, toville you leave and for three days all you hear in your head Is Rocky.
Speaker 4: Top oh for, sure that's all they play. At that is.
Speaker 3: All they especially what every time they, Score AND i just know it's gonna be full Of Rocky. Top So i'm deciding IF i want to go or. Not and they have a pregnant wife so that's my excuse IF i don't.
Speaker 4: Go it was, like, oh she's. Pregnant she wasn't feeling, great so you're. GOING i don't.
Speaker 5: Know are you a supporter of the program or? Not are you gonna be there For Bobby? PATRINA i am a supporter of the program in many. Ways bobby needs you.
Speaker 3: THERE i don't Think bobby knows.
Speaker 4: He has. Not, okay so you're gonna hear. Me now go to an intro Of Dallas.
Speaker 3: Park all, Right now over To colt's great tied, End Dallas, clark, which by the, way On Instagram Dallas clark underscore forty, four twenty fourth overall pick in the two thousand and three, draft won A Super bowl With Colts Super bowl forty one versus The. Bears was the first tied end with a one hundred plus. Season as far as, receptions he Was All pro AND o nine THE Iowa hall Of fame in twenty two The Cult ring Of. HONOR i loved watching him play big. Fan here he, Is Dallas, Clark, dallas thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 4: Man this is.
Speaker 2: Incredible how you guys Doing we are doing.
Speaker 3: Awesome we were just having a full conversation about you And matt was giving me the Entire Dallas Clark collegiate story of you going To iowa as a walk on.
Speaker 4: Linebacker what the?
Speaker 2: Heck, yes, sir, yeah you, know everyone's path has been a straight, Line. BOBBY i, mean you got to have some pit stops along the, way and you think you're, tough you think you're a, linebacker and you just want to be better than your brother who played At Iowa, state And Coach farrens had enough of. It he was just, like you, stink and he's, like but you're athletic as, hell and we need to try to find a spot for. You and after about a year OF i, mean he had my Roommate kyle, McCann who is one of my best friends in our starting quarterback at the, time and had, him you, know convincing me to make the, change AND i FINALLY i, did and thank, god OTHERWISE i would not be talking to you right, now because you would not want to talk to a hell of a pee, teacher and you guys would have someone else talk. To so it worked out pretty.
Speaker 5: Good talk about that transition going from, linebacker did you have offensive experience going back to high school and stuff like, that or was it something that you're starting at ground.
Speaker 2: Zero, well my oldest Brother, dan who was a stud, quarterback Solid division three, quarterback he just didn't get the. Heights he's probably the most athletic out of three of the three OF us. Boys but he SO i was with all time receiver in the. BACKYARD i MEAN i was always you, know running routes for him growing. Up and then WHEN i got to high, SCHOOL i was the most. Athletic so all, Right i'm the, quarterback you, know AND i probably about more interceptions than completion, Sometimes, Matt and, uh SO i could have used some advice from. YOU i appreciate. That and then uh and THEN i just was an. Athlete. UH i played linebacker and. Quarterback and, HONESTLY i just told the. RECRUITS i went and talked to some recruits At iowa here this last. WEEKEND i told them, that, HONESTLY i think the only REASON i got asked to walk on is because my brother was a linebacker At Iowa. State and you, know in state rival that's, huge, Right like if you, could like if if a kid that place For Iowa state it comes To, iowa that's huge And Iowa state what they had some, issues and they didn't they didn't talk to me at. ALL i sent OUT. Vhs i'm, Myself, Bobby i'm dating. MYSELF i made a highlight video and my brother Played Iowa.
Speaker 4: State.
Speaker 2: Right SO i went To colorado AND i went to Uh, bailey you, know all these. Schools But i'm, like, man that'd be fun to, play that'd be fun to. Play and, again no one is looking at. ME i Mean i'm talking you, like no one like not that division, two not, one you, know AND i you, know, one double a. Anything AND i make A vhs AND i send it To, Wisconsin, colorado all these schools THAT i went to and wanted to And iowa was the only one that. Replied and uh maybe it was the only NUMBER i wrote legibly that they could write call, back but it, LITERALLY i mean it's the only. One and uh and and AND i know, that you, Know i'm a true believer that things happened for a, reason and and the and the men that were at that, school and and to help with you, know, uh my mom passed four days BEFORE i graduated high. School so LITERALLY i went from like like like like losing my family to my football family and AND i MEAN i couldn't ask For Coach, Farents Coach, doyle all those, Guys Coach, Morgan Coach, blama he is my. Linebacker. COACH i, mean they took me in and, man DID i give them? Everything? Everything it was.
Speaker 3: Awesome did you take to it, well because again it happened pretty.
Speaker 4: Quick you red shirted yet another.
Speaker 3: Year but then it seemed again just looking on, paper that you took to it quick and started to.
Speaker 4: Perform is that real life or is that a bit of? Revision is? History SO i made.
Speaker 2: The decision after my sophomore. Year actually it's my red. Shirt red. SHIRT i didn't play football for the first two. Years it's a long, story BUT i broke my collar bone in my summer of my senior. Year So bielim was, like, hey why don't your great? Shirt SO i took nine hours my freshman my freshman, year SO i didn't join the team until that spring of ninety. Nine and that's When farence came. On it's When Hayden fry, Left farence came. In So FARENCE i came in literally the same. Time and, uh and thank god they let me in BECAUSE i Was Hayden fry is doing with asking me to walk on and and so so WHEN i WHEN i when he when he made the, decision WHEN i made the, decision say, Okay i'll do this tight end. Thing we spent all, Summer LIKE i, Said toyle was my, roommate and he literally talked me the offense like we're we would go over the field and he's, like, okay this is a ten yard out, route and and and talk about like you, know putting on that like that that pair of jeans that fits just. Right you, know like this whole TIME i was playing, linebacker not NOT i wasn't, ME i mean backyards linebacker called me. Up i'm your, guy Like i'm first. PICK i, WILL i, WILL i will tackle the, football but DIVISION i mean, football real real. Linebacker there's there's. Responsibilities you got, gas you got you, know it's like the balls over, There i'm gonna go tackle. Foot, no you got this Gap like that's. BORING i want to go tackle. Football and so but tight, end give me a ten yard out. Route get open against this. Dude it was it was. Natural it felt great and it was just, like oh my, Gosh i've been fighting this for so long is so it was uh and it was. Great it was like, quarterback you, Know kyle taught me how to run routes and THEN i go to go To indianapolis and THEN i have another quarterback that just kind of tells me like, hey get, here and it's like, OKAY i can do, that you. Know so it's just it just you, know both both positions or both places offenses just really click for.
Speaker 6: Me you.
Speaker 5: Know nowadays on social, media you see all these videos of these kids getting granted their scholarship in front of the, team and it's really cool for me to watch BECAUSE i remember when it happened when we were AT. Usc but what was it like when you're going into that sec that senior year.
Speaker 4: Of yours and you were put on.
Speaker 5: Scholarship was there a ceremony where you called in the office like you walk us through.
Speaker 2: That, Well i'm getting goosebumps right. Now and actually you want to know what, Here i'll show you sorry to. Leave i'm not leaving. You i'm not leaving.
Speaker 5: You walk off to, me, GUYS i gotta get this is.
Speaker 2: What it means to.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: Guys, uh here's HERE'S i don't know if it's here's my my first. Scholarship this is my first TIME i wrote my name And i'm. Sorry there you. Go so that Is that's WHAT i. MEAN i HAVE i don't even know where My Super bowl ring, is, right you. Know so that's like, HONESTLY i gets in a drawer somewhere around. Here but that thing that has more that has more of a story than than. Anything and, uh you, KNOW i mean that was that was a special. Moment and you, know making making my own meals after, practice and and NOW i can just go in and just get in line with the scholarship guys and and just walk in and they don't tell ME i can't eat. Here you. Know it's a pretty it's a pretty it's pretty. Cool uh you. Know and and uh and it was, hard and it was you know a lot of a lot of sacrifice and a lot to you, KNOW i had to like shut the noise out BECAUSE i have people back. HOME i mean, everything it's, like what is that kid?
Speaker 4: Doing like he' the?
Speaker 2: Visual you, KNOW i you, know IF i listen to any of, that couldn't, couldn't, RIGHT i, mean it's it's just Who it's. Awesome it's.
Speaker 3: AWESOME i want to ask one More iowa, question what was Coach barents.
Speaker 2: Like he's he's the, best he is he, is you, know he just became the winningest coach In Big ten, history which just says so. Much AND i, mean obviously that's a record THAT i don't, KNOW i don't know when that'll be, broke but that one's a big. ONE i mean taking Down Woody. HAYES i, MEAN i, mean like you Think, WOODY i, mean that's that's college football that you, know that IS i mean that that's the top and uh and so for him to accomplish, that just the guy that really just makes, it keeps it, SIMPLE i mean just does not you, know no bs just you go to work and. Uh and he came in and you, know one in one and, ten one and eleven our first year bad, Right and we had a culture shift that we had to you, know we had to adjust and they had to adjust and and had some egos that they had to write and and uh and and man just put in that culture of we're gonna out, work we're gonna be, tougher we're gonna be, stronger we'll be faster and and and and and and that was that was kind of you know what we the hook we hung our hat. On and. Uh and so he just he's just an unbelievable leader of men and just you, know delegates responsibility and lets his coordinators and his position guys work and and uh but when he talks and and it just and and when he cries after a, win you, KNOW i, MEAN i, mean tell me a, GUY I i, Mean I'm i'm a, crier you. Know SO I i mean for a guy that just like if if you're if you feel it and if you're passionate about Like I'M i will follow you how far you into, fire you. Know and so so he was that. Guy HE'S i, mean he bleeds blocking gold and and, UH i mean he is the face of that at, forever for that, uh for that university and that. Program it's a it's.
Speaker 5: Incredible so your senior, year you go, out you ball out All American mack you, Wait, Matt, Matt.
Speaker 2: Sorry i'm sorry to, run BUT i, MEAN i mean you, guys you guys do a little. BIT i came out early. TOO i, mean how Cold i'm?
Speaker 4: Crazy is that that's even? Better you're LIKE i could play it extra. Year But i'm. Ready, Okay i'm. Ready i'm.
Speaker 2: Ready i'm. Ready SO i came out. Early so SO i mean senior, year senior?
Speaker 4: Year who needs senior? YEAR i was when you, know you, know when you know you? Know but to be, fair was it your fourth year since you did gray?
Speaker 2: Shirt, actually, Actually, bobby it was probably my sixth.
Speaker 4: YEAR i mean he took a yellow yellow shirt gray. SHIRT i read of.
Speaker 2: PILLERS i was it literally? WAS i mean so age, WISE i. WAS i was definitely. Ready maturity, WISE i was definitely. Ready h school, WISE i was already a. DOCTOR i mean, athletically it was time to, go you. Know, SO i, mean, LIKE i THINK i would have probably gotten arrested IF i came back for my Senior you're, like, dude you're you're, collecting you have a four OHE, k how why do you still thinking? Football so got out and sorry, Interrupt so back to your.
Speaker 5: Question, No so the question is were you anticipating going first? Round you didn't? Know and then where'd you watch the? Draft and when you got your name called it twenty? Four what was that like to The Indianapolis?
Speaker 2: Colts, well you, know and still TODAY i wake up with kind of a walk on. Mentality so like WHEN i was WHEN i WHEN i was deciding whether to come, OUT i was, like man And Robert gallery was a. Year we were in the same, grade same, class and we were both like he was the, dude and we had these conversations, Like, hey you, Going I'M i don't. Know are you?
Speaker 4: GOING i don't?
Speaker 2: Know how are you? Going how do we find? Out do you? Know so you just don't? Know, Right robert decided to go back to senior, year becomes the second pick of the. Draft, yeah great, call great. CHOICE i was just mentally. Ready and we played in The Orange. Bowl we got our butts kicked BY. USC i.
Speaker 4: Actually was on that.
Speaker 5: Team, yeah it was a Good it was a good start for you.
Speaker 4: Guys do you remember, That, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey matt uh talk about not doing? Research, man why couldn't you, hey why couldn't you be? Hot carson Paul, ER i mean had a little, hitch had a little hitch in his.
Speaker 4: Throw, yeah, man, yeah come.
Speaker 5: That, YEAH i felt LIKE i could throw it sixty yards down the field on a.
Speaker 2: Time oh my, Gosh, hey that, Team, okay you guys got screwed. That you were the best team in the. Country that you guys were freaking, loaded AND i mean, HOLY i mean it was not a weak position and it was. Unreal uh but, yeah so, yeah we got butts. Kicked SO i. Apologize, Congratulations Ring ring.
Speaker 4: Fits it was, Awesome it was.
Speaker 5: AWESOME i appreciate you guys looked awesome and warm up, though and that first kickoff return that you guys had was.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, okay, okay we're going. There, yeah so you know. What, okay so full circle, Here, Matt how crazy is? This so we Played Donna mimy right, right that's where The Orange bowl. Was four years, uh four years, Later i'm playing in The Super bowl in the exact same. Stadium i'm on the exact same, sideline and guess what happens on the first play.
Speaker 4: Of the game kickoff Return Kevin.
Speaker 2: Hester Touchdown, bears And i'm sitting there and the place is going. Nuts i'm, Like i've seen this. Before and guess. What the team that has the opening kickoff for a touchdown does not. Farewell both teams are zeroing, Too So i'm just HAPPY i was on the one with the, big the Big Lombardi. Trophy so, Offense hawk, guys but, uh uh, yeah so but, yeah that was uh that Was uh so back to your question about what WAS i. READY I i had no, idea and BUT I i just felt in my. Heart it's, like so ONCE i made the, decision told coach, parents, uh let's do, this and he, WAS i mean he was great and obviously. Supportive and and then when that and and my brother was supposed to get drafted two years, earlier he was a stud linebacker FOR i Of state AND i he had the draft, party you, KNOW i back home and we had you, know, neighbors, friends, family and he didn't get, drafted and oh, MAN i saw that AND i. WITNESSED i WAS i, mean that's. Hard that was. HARD i was, like, okay so you, Know i'm gonna learn from. That and so WHEN i did, It, uh at that, time my brothers had had a, little had a little had a little that had actually both of them had a couple of, kids and so it was, like, okay let's do a. Pool it's you, know someplace where we can run. Around so we just did OUTSIDE i was city or inside you know outside ioa city was a small nice hotel and it WAS i told no one told no one it was LIKE i was so. NERVOUS i was just, Like. Okay we went and played, golf got back about picked, twelve sat, down had had had had a, sandwich And Bill pollyne. CALLS i, said, hey we're going to take you at the twenty fourth. Pick and And matt as you know like, that there's nothing there's nothing better than that phone. Call and uh and and and, YEAH i mean your life literally. Changes and and the WAY i looked at, it it's just a hell of an, opportunity you. Know and it was it was time to go to, work and and just uh just went in with a freaking ballifier to see WHERE i could fit in and help this organization.
Speaker 4: Out why no?
Speaker 2: Gloves, okay well we kind of touched on it all. Right so that, summer When kyle was throwing me the, ball it is eight thousand degrees In. IOWA i was wearing, gloves and you, know after an hour of running, routes AND i mean they're just, sweat you, know they're just dripping. SWEAT i take them off and we keep working and it's, like oh my, gosh this feels so. Good this this this, THIS I i can feel the ball and uh AND i mean it just and SO i and like gloves to, ME i don't, know it's kind of my meat heead, ish Like i'm a linebacker, tough you. Know BUT i took those gloves, off put wristbands, on helped stop control the sweat a little bit on on my on my. Hands and and then WHEN i made that transition to you, know you Had reggie And marv look at, me, like, bro you're not. Working you're not gonna work. Gloves i'm, LIKE i don't think so like SHOULD? I i don't. Know let's see how it. Goes let's see how it. Goes so and of course trading camps In terajta are equally as hot and, humid and so no gloves were the way to. Go it, was it, Was it was.
Speaker 5: Awesome did you ever regret in a game going in that was cold not wearing gloves or did you ever actually wear gloves as a kid and as a professional, ATHLETE i.
Speaker 2: Never WORE i ACTUALLY i take that, BACK i wore. Glove. No, NO i didn't wear gloves in high school, either BECAUSE i was, quarterbacks SO i wasn't gonna take them on and take them off and do all. That so but, no THERE i did wear. Gloves we were in AS i was playing For baltimore and it was a it was a WINDY i, mean it was a horrible day and it was just uh and kind of wet ish and and kind of and it was it was one of those rains where it. COLD i put them on AND i AND i caught my five hundredth reception wearing, them WHICH i was kind of you, know like, sacrilegious Like i'm getting soft gets off and it's kind of probably the REASON i knew it was, Like, okay it's time to time to shut her. Down but but, no, yeah the the gloves did come on for for that. Game but but, no it was it was just it WAS i mean now THAT i got my LIKE i got knuckles that you, KNOW i, mean you, know so it's just, yeah SO i you, know you, know my hand modeling career is. Done it's. Shot you. Know so that was a, bad you, know post career. DECISION i could have definitely used that extra uh extra money on on my, hand uh you, know modeling for tag you, know watches or. Something but, uh but, yeah you, know SO i had TO i had to move.
Speaker 3: On when you got at you a hundred balls in a, season does it feel like you're getting the ball all the.
Speaker 2: Time, well, NO i feel LIKE i have four eyes staring at me Named marvin And reggie, going, heyde your your tight, end go block so we can catch the. Ball so that was The that was my weekly, battle, like you, know just kind of, like, UH i was, open you, know just if you, want you, know just if you need one paydon you Know i'm open on, that you, know just, SO i mean it was it was. AWESOME i mean it. WAS i LOVE i love those. Guys they made me better watching those guys. Practice but, no it was the sad, thing the one like the one THING i really wish it would have played. Out it was the year after The Super bowl twenty ten, Season week, Six we're PLAYING dc Or washington And sunday Or monday night game AND i go across the middle like three minutes, LEFT i, mean game, done AND i land AND i tear three ligaments in my. Wrist and at that POINT i don't even know WHAT i, MEAN i was on pace for something. STUPID i, mean it was just like it was video game like cheat, code like like like up, down up, down, left, right left right contra type, stuff and, SO i it was. AMAZING i WISH i could have finished that season out because the ball was. HUGE i was getting. NO i MEAN i felt. Invincible you. Know that Was peyton AND i were just on a you, know we're just, connected AND i mean that was that Was, oh that was gonna be a fun. One that was gonna be a fun. One that that that was too.
Speaker 5: Bad talk to me about just the organization of culture at that. Time when you walk, In you've Got Peyton, manning you Got Marvin, harrison you Got Reggie, Wayne Edrin james on the other, Side Fringy. MATHIS i, mean was it such an environment that the players set the standard and controlled the locker room and that the coaches didn't really have to say Much Like, Tony.
Speaker 2: YEAH i mean we we we had our, lanes, RIGHT i, MEAN i mean you name those guys AND i mean you're GETTING i mean it's JUST i, mean you have dudes. THERE i, mean those guys are. STRONG i mean some of the best Competitors i've ever played with or. AGAINST I, mean those guys just love. Ball ego was just, minimal you, KNOW i mean. Controllable you, know so you have, that which is a huge. PLUS i mean limits the drama and and they're just so you, know at, home there's drama and locker, rooms all, right it's just sorry, there it's just it's it's sometimes the locker room isn't big enough for the egos and then and all. That, so but it was one of those things WHERE i mean literally WHEN i got in, There i'm trying to figure out did you call the right? Guy like why what AM i here for? It because you guys are, loaded uh you. Know so it was just really kind of a a place to Just, OKAY i need to make my, NICHE i need to find my and SO i kind of brought that walk on mentality BECAUSE i MEAN i was surrounded by dudes and so it's kind of, Like, OKAY i GOTTA i want them to believe THAT i. Belong and so Following Reggie wayne And Marvin, harrison how they practice how they care. Themselves Peyton manning obviously well documented on how his Leadership Jeff saturday and watching Just Dwight freeny and his nuances of eating steak and rice every morning because his blood metabolism sugar all it's just like what you do what like no like every day and still. Does but it just it was the coolest locker. ROOM i mean we had, personnality we had. Everything and so but when it was time to come on the, field we, WORKED i mean and we freaking got after each other and we and AND i mean the game was almost the game was, easy, RIGHT i mean we've MADE i, mean and obviously it Was peyton was the leader of, that but it was OUR i, mean we had some we had some coaches Like Howard mudd rest In peace was THE i, mean he hated.
Speaker 4: Me he hated.
Speaker 2: Me he hated Tight ends because we got in the way of linemen and we made his lineman oh targ glen and we made them look bad and all. That oh we got to teach these you, know these poor. Kids we need to teach them how to block the, edge you. Know and and so it was just hated, me hated me and and and got mf every fricking. Day AND i loved. IT i loved.
Speaker 4: It And Tom.
Speaker 2: Moore hated, me and, uh and so it was. AWESOME i, mean you, yea would it change?
Speaker 4: It and?
Speaker 2: Uh and SO i mean it was you. SHOW i, mean you didn't have an off. Day you didn't you couldn't just show up and Say i'm gonna go through the. Motions and then you hear, like you, know especially now you hear you hear back from old, players and you, know like The Baltimore, ravens you, know like how they would go Out friday Night, saturday you, know Like friday, night maybe Even, saturday and maybe slip away a little Bit saturday. AFTER i, mean it's just like, wait, What like we couldn't roll like, that but they'd go on they they would shine On, sunday you know WHAT i. Mean and you, know but it was it was very like everyone knew their role and you showed up every day and there was no. Letdown there was no no room for. That and it was. AWESOME i mean it was it was and people could strive in that. Environment and some people crashed and. Burned AND i had that locker next to me that was that was the crash and burn. LOCKER i, mean it was like every freaking, year every six, weeks it was just, oh, hey how you. Doing I'm Dalla. Stark nice to, me tight and nice to meet. You oh, hey, hey, Nice, oh welcome to the. Team welcome you, know it's just so it wasn't for the faint of, heart that's for.
Speaker 3: Sure if you, jumped if you, held if you ran the wrong route and you came back to the, huddle what Was peyton.
Speaker 2: Like, mmmm, Well, bobby you you made sure that never. Happened uh and then and, uh you, KNOW i mean it was you, know it was it was obviously that, happens, RIGHT i mean that's ball and and and uh and and certainly you know the biggest thing is you just make sure you don't happened. Twice you. Know so if it happens on A, tuesday you, know you hope it's like Next wednesday when that happened. Again but if it Happens, wednesday you, know or you, Know, thursday you, know and then it's then we got a, problem you. Know and so it's just it was it was just always. THAT i, mean you just always had you just had, it you know that you had that THAT i don't know what it, was but it With Tom moore just like looking at you overs glusses. Ghosts, hey we don't play Any northwestern. Here we everyone's, scholarships you, know and so everyone has A tom more. Voice and SO i mean it WAS i, mean and and and we watched the film the next you, know the next, day so like you screw up and you HAD i, mean you had to go home and, LIKE i, MEAN i should have had a therapist a. Home OH i. Did it is is my black Lab, Indy AND i mean it would go throw a stick Because i'm, like, hey hey, girl guess What i'm Gonna i'm gonna get yelled at really really bad. TOMORROW i, RAN i missed the hot route And peyton Got peyton got, sacked you, know and SO i it's just it's that type of stuff that you just like you just know it's coming and and you learned to you learn to take. It but it's, definitely, uh it was. Awesome it was ALL i. Mean AND i don't know IF i think it's like that. ANYMORE i don't. Know AND i hate to sound like that old, guy BUT i just feel LIKE i don't. Know i'm not even gonna get on that. Topic but it JUST i, mean, MAN i, mean they. Would then you have Coach dungee who is, like will never swear LIKE i heard him swear my very first. Game we're Playing cleveland and we won nine to. Six And Nick harper. Missed he forgot to blitz and they got the first down and he took his. Headset i'm sitting on down and it's eight thousand degrees in the icy so and he runs downside AND I i THINK i heard him. SWEAR i SWEAR i heard him. Swear but that's about the only, time you. KNOW i, mean that guy is the best. Human he's the. Best he is, unreal. Unreal he just turned seventy here two days. Ago it was it was it was sweet to send him that that that that birthday.
Speaker 4: TEXT i love hearing.
Speaker 5: That other, organizations they kind of have the same mentality when it comes to. COACHING i remember getting sacked on a three step, drop which is the ultimate no No Dante scarnaki and.
Speaker 4: Our old line.
Speaker 5: COACH i can hear him from the sideline going do castle, you And i'm.
Speaker 4: Like, GOD i don't want to walk over there right now at.
Speaker 5: All it was just it was a different mentality back, then like that's just how we grew.
Speaker 4: Up but uh my next question would be the, Best, yeah, best who did you? Say?
Speaker 2: Man, OKAY i talk way. Too i'm. SORRY i understand how this, works but like so like when you watched the game right, Now, Matt, LIKE i, mean it's it's just completely, different, RIGHT i, mean it's just it Is it's like everybody finds their role and you've got a few players that step.
Speaker 5: Out but you don't see these coaches just raging on the sideline like they used. TO i remember walking off just, going oh my, god he's about to rip into me so.
Speaker 2: Bad, Right and AND i just, DON'T i, DON'T i. DON'T i MEAN i was just At indie for for the first game for Mister ersay's uh induction in The ring Of, honor and and you just watch the sideline and and and and and we get to be behind the scenes and it's just and it's, yeah it's just so. Anyway but but HERE i. Am i'm sure the old boys in the seventies and, eighties you, know probably look at us like H Kareem madonna's you, know you guys know soft you, know SO i, think you, Know i'm sure that's just a thing of getting. Old does that just mean we're?
Speaker 6: Old we?
Speaker 4: Are we are we?
Speaker 6: Are, yeah Dog, ess.
Speaker 5: Who would you say was the funniest or most underrated personality when you go into those locker room into your locker.
Speaker 2: Room well later, on later on we Had pat, mcfeet you, know which he was destined from day one to be who he is and and and have the the following and and the impact that he has because that, GUY i remember and we just talked about this. Here uh WHEN i was back In india and he came to me and he's, Like, Dallas he's, like you, KNOW i THINK i might be, done uh, not you know in a few. Years i'm, like uh, No, pat, hey we're football like, that there's nothing left for like that is all we can. Do he's, like, NO i Think i'm Gonna i'm gonna do this radio. THING i think it's gonna work. Out i'm, Like, pat kicked until your damn life falls. OFF i, mean that, guy he saw, it he saw, it and and AND i love. IT i LOVE i LOVE i love things like. That BUT i, mean But, peyton obviously he's the only one that could like get away with everything and and it shined during training. Camp we shined during training. Camp last. Night it was kind of you, know everything everything, was everything was fair. Game and so we would and we got some great video and, uh but we would take fifty five you, know fifty five gallon garbage, cans and we'd be in the. Dorms we'd be a tear hope And i'm sorry cleaning, People uh, sorry not, Sorry, uh but we'd feel these we'd go into, showers feel these things about halfway go to a, Rookie go to a kid that you, know maybe just you, know kind of annoyed us a, little you, know just like you, know it kind of had a little you, know ego kind of came, in you, know a little. Cocky we had kind of you, know cut him down a few, notches you, know just lean that up just, perfect and bang on their. Door and they would open that, door and we'd run down the sideline or down the hall and we'd just be peeking out and you could hear the wave of water just overtaking the dorm room some of. Them and we would take off running and then we'd go go grab the. Canon we'd we'd get someone, else AND i, mean it was it. Was we took a golf. Cart we took one of Our Scottie gore Or Jeffrey, gorman he was A pr guy or he was kind of our radio. Host we took his golf cart and we put it out on the on the raft that The Terra hot has this fun little pond on their. Campus and we a couple of linemen went out and drug the raft into the onto, shore parked the golf cart onto the, raft and then drug the raft out back down to the. Pond and so he wakes up his car on the. RAFT i, mean you just can't make. THIS i mean it is and that's and and and here's the, thing and and that stuff equals. Wins AND i, MEAN i, MEAN I i don't have a theory or an equation to make it how it. Works but when you have that connection with your, dude and and AND i mean sometimes in that fourth quarter down by, four need a, touchdown minute thirty seven on the. Clock you're In New england or you're in you, Know, nashville and and division, rivals you find a. Way you find a. Way and because you're rolling with your dog and and and you're, you're, you're you're you, know they're gonna do their job And i'm gonna freaking do my, job and we're gonna find a. Way and AND i know that that is that was our niche that was our thing for our team like we we, loved we loved each. OTHER i mean we we FREAKING i mean even to this. DAY i mean when we get, together it's, like, man you know it's it's.
Speaker 3: It's special final question and thanks for the. Time this is really it's really one of our favorite interviews. Ever what do you what do you do?
Speaker 4: Now? Like what's fulfilling to? You you say, that you KNOW i have not said it to one. Person i'm just.
Speaker 2: Kidding CAN i say something about, you? Dude first of, all big? Fan, Uh, MATT i know you AND i would go way back and and UH i had some great great battles uh and uh and we have equal friends uh With Ryan. Lilja but, UH i HAVE i have a story for, You bobby that SO I i, FARM i farm back here and uh and we're about ready to harvest beans, tomorrow Which i'm really excited. About BUT i have, cattle and So i'm in my skids here AND i don't know so your your your. SHOW i listened to The Bobby Bone show in the morning and my skids here and you and your CREW u AND i think it's like ninety four or. FIVE i don't even. KNOW i have three preset, station because that's about only stations that that that that that come in clear and your show is, on and, Dude I've i've enjoyed your show and the things you guys talk. About And i'm A i'm a music junkie and so like it it. Is uh SO I god gave me a terrible gift of the passion for, music but zero. ABILITY i can't sing the damn. THING i can't. Play i've tried to play the guitar like seventeen. Times but, DUDE i, mean BUT i will go AND i will freaking air guitar any live show and uh and be the best uh probably probably the best in the. STADIUM i, MEAN i, mean but, anyway, no but big fan of. You and uh this is when you WHEN i got this on the when this email came, Across i'm, like, both no, way like it's it is talent that low right. NOW i mean they are. SCRAPING i am like, that like that third like macaroni and, cheese like that that third noodle that you're really trying to scrape out of the, barrel you, know the. Pan i'm, like, what, okay, wait you guys.
Speaker 3: Are let me do this then then here's the final final. Question what give me your top three favorite concerts you've ever been to live?
Speaker 4: Shows live.
Speaker 2: SHOWS i Saw kings Of leon At Red, rocks which is like The Red rocks is like that was like The pinnacle AND i And I've i've become really good friends with The folwells and and so to experience it backstage with them and and watch them freaking crush it that that. Place if you have not, been go it's. Unbelievable and then, actually my my my very first, concert all, right my very first concert equals my very FIRST. CD i my very FIRST cd Was Simon GARFUNKLE I Love My. Day like we would go ride with him to go get. Parts he's a mechanic and listen to the oldies and in the sixties and and uh and SO i just love the oldies and so uh my oldest Brother dan got A cd. Player Santa claus brought me a couple of. CDs uh and and you Two Joshua tree And uh And, Uh Simon Golf uncle And uh The boxer was one of like the jam BUT i think it was their greatest hits. Album and So Simon gouncle back on TOUR i am a second, year no rookie year In Indian. Afflix they're coming to In. Deflis there can canseco, fieldhouse.
Speaker 4: Go around the locker.
Speaker 2: Room hey, Guys, hey you want to? Go you want?
Speaker 4: Who? Who?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What? Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey Hey Payton, Simon, no my dad's not in. Town archie would go with you, probably but, NO i have a reputation to. Uphold And i'm, like, WHAT i it's game, night it's it's It's, thursday it's you, know gott to. KNOW i bought one. TICKET i, went let's, go and AND i sat next to these sweet old ladies and we. Sang they sang. Harmony they were. GREAT i was Definitely paul and uh and AND i sang MY i sang every. Word. Uh they were a little. Pitchy. Uh they could have, helped you, know they could have you, know warmed up a little bit. More but we freaking crushed. It AND i still have my simargulf on The Old Friends TOUR t. Shirt AND i walked out OF i, mean, yeah So i'm not afraid to go to a concert by my, Side I'M i, mean but it, WAS i, mean and then you, know now With art with his with his, vocal you know all that, stuff AND i mean talk about. DRAMA i mean those, guys geez boys get it together like you're, Amazing like don't we kind of need each? Other like LIKE i, mean could you Imagine PEYTON i didn't GET i, mean come, on it was kind of Like Marvin. PEYTON i mean they would have their, like Hey, peyton you need, him he needs. You can we all just get? Along just throw that that that sweet deep route that you, know that deep. Post all, right just make sure you have that On. Sunday all, right you guys get this figured. Out so you got one. More you got one. More you Got kings Of Leona Simon.
Speaker 4: Garre you said.
Speaker 2: THREE i would have to, say, WELL i, mean, Uh Garth. Brooks, uh it's the venue is not you, know it's not. Impressive but my man. Asked so we became friends over the. Years i'm in the stands and he's playing In De, mooinne just the the arena In De mooyne and uh and he's, like, hey you guys have a pretty good uh kid From iowa that's you, know represents your. State but he wouldn't have a hair on his ass if he didn't come up and sing this next song with. Me and before he could, SAY i am jumping down towards the stage And i'm finding a. WAY i get. Up he gives me Freaking tricia's bedazzled extra the nose, microphone AND i get up there and we sing friends in low, places AND i am GETTING i mean. IT i MEAN i could have gotten hit by a bus leaving that arena AND i would have been, like, yep let's go, run you, KNOW i mean it was that was that was that was. Incredible that was. Incredible so he's a stud and phenomenal entertainer and and he you, KNOW i might have carried him TO.
Speaker 4: I Feel that's what the newspaper. Said the next day we read the.
Speaker 2: Article they saw it, too AND i was, LIKE i WAS I i THOUGHT i kind of felt, it but you, KNOW i didn't have my EAR i didn't have my ear. PIECE i couldn't.
Speaker 4: Hear we have taken away too much of your.
Speaker 3: Time this has been a, Plus, like, seriously seriously love watching you and. THIS i think this is my ever an interview. Ever i'm gonna put it. Up i've never said. THAT i think this is number.
Speaker 4: One. Now that is a true. Statement that is a true statement By bobby.
Speaker 2: Right, Matt, Matt, Matt, Hey, matt.
Speaker 4: We have, This we've got this.
Speaker 5: CODE i would right, there, yeah around.
Speaker 4: Truth, truth that's, right all, Right. Dallas good luck with the. Seeds good luck with those seeds this.
Speaker 2: Week, hey thank. You it's, uh it's gonna and you, guys if ratings ever, dipped you, know give me.
Speaker 4: A call and Then i'll get.
Speaker 3: Replaced, no, okay this Is.
Speaker 4: Dallas have a great. Today there is the Great. Dallas dallas, man all, right that was, awesome Does Dallas. Park what a fantastic. INTERVIEW i thank you.
Speaker 3: Guys if you're you, know let's Say spotify for, example if you don't mind leaders of comment in this, Section like anytime you guys communicate with, us the algorithm.
Speaker 4: Actually lifts the podcast up and shows it to some people who maybe they don't see.
Speaker 3: It if you decide you share the podcast.
Speaker 4: On Your instagram feed Tag matt AND i and we'd.
Speaker 2: Love to see you.
Speaker 4: Share that will make us feel. Good Bobby, bonones It's Matt. Castle That's, Kickoff, kevin That's Brandon. Ray we've had lots to say, goodbye, everybody.
Speaker 1: Lots to say With Bobby bones And Matt castle is a production of THE nfl and iHeart. Podcasts for more podcasts From, iHeartRadio visit The iHeartRadio, App Apple, podcasts or wherever you get your.
Speaker 4: Podcasts