Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 1: Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: Let's go here.
Speaker 3: Microsoft was last week it was that it's fifty two week low of two hundred and thirty two dollars. It's fifty two weeks high with three hundred and forty nine dollars. So you know, you always talk about people always talk about you want to invest in their fifty two week low. It's at two hundred and forty dollars now, so was the time to buy Microsoft last week? Do you see Microsoft as a company that's now on the uptick? And why did Microsoft fall so much? When Apple didn't really fall that much? Apple fell, but it didn't it didn't fall to fifty two week low.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Apple wanted to get down to one forty goes as low one thirty seven, yeah, one thirty seven, and it was peaked at what got a pretty.
Speaker 2: High it's peaked for the year two Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's a it's a huge pullback. Is it a good time to buy Microsoft? I mean it's the same question I get, like if somebody asked me it's a good time to buy Apple, I'm like, yes, yes, it's always a good time. In fact, I added to my kids custodial accounts with Apple, with Microsoft, and uh with Google. I think Google got under one hundred dollars. So I was like, all right, well this is my time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't I don't like what Ian just said, like, find the four companies that you love and want to keep on term. We've said this for two and a half years three years now. Microsoft is one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean you can hold up the emojis there right, like those are those?
Speaker 2: Are the that up? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean if some interesting stats on Microsoft, if you look at all versions of Win those Microsoft has seventy five percent of share and the DESKTIP and the desktop operating system market. That is not going to change the truth of why Apple fell. And Microsoft felt like to put it very clear that economy is damaged. I'm not going to say beyond repair, but this is the most critical state that we've been in a long time, and I would argue even worse than two thousand and eight. So as a market is being pushed down, everyone has so much fear, and that's why the dollar's risen so much. Everyone's like, let me just go to cash. I don't know when this is going to end. I don't have Ian's crystal Ball. He won't sell me a license to it, so I don't know what a market is going to buy him out. Let me just put my money underneath the mattress, and as long as my place doesn't catch on fire, I'll be safe. And I totally understand that, but I think they have a competitive advantage as well as Apple, and I said, we can talk about it if we want you later. But also with Apple pushing into the NFC space, which could be very damaging for lovers of crypto and NFTs, those are the two safeest stocks. But but they're falling because of global fear. Like if you look right now, there are not too many bright spots. Oilists come down, Commodity prices have come down, inflation is up, Utility has not hit the peak what it should yet for a reversal. So I'm looking for like forty on the victor, maybe forty five before we start to buy them out. We're just in the middle of an economic storm. And even though we have all the data around it, and no matter how many times I can tell you, hey, listen to money Master the game. Re money Master the game. When you're in the thick of the fire, it is not fun. The only salvation that you have right now as an investor is to be able to trade short term, to be able to provide games, and if your business owner, to put your foot on the gas in terms of marketing and growing your business. But in the overall market, it's really scary now, Like I said before, it's only maybe thirty companies, maybe twenty in the S and P.
Speaker 5: Five hundred that our worth is wait and goal, you say no, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Now I was gonna say, you said forty two on the Vics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, okay, Yeah, gotcha, forty two, forty five of where we start to turning around and truth, and I've been saying it for maybe a year and a half, we have to have publicly traded companies that innovate a lot better and a lot faster and actually create more value in the marketplace. One of the things I talked about with the good folks over matter needing with will. So as a result, this is going to be a changing of the guard where we actually have to produce better returns, better products, better services that are better internationally as well, and not just get endless rounds of funding. And the companies that will do that over the next five years will dominate the next fifty years. But right now, this is the part of the roller coaster that's not fun to be gone.
Speaker 2: Forty two.
Speaker 4: That means there's some pain on the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about this. The last question before we bring our guests on, is okay why should crypto enthusiasts and NFT lovers be worried about apples potential playing and take over the market? And what is what is Apple planning on doing?
Speaker 6: So? I know everyone always like yo, your Apple enthusiasts, you always caping for apps. Let me give you an alternative perspective on the not so good side. So Apple is going to allow developers to sell NFTs in the gaming platform and an app. So hypothetically, what if they put an Ethereum wallet in every mobile game?
Speaker 5: There's a billion users on the platform.
Speaker 4: Earners, what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, their seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 5: What will happen.
Speaker 6: As a result, you had now have another major institution that is eating up the lion's share of that crypto space in tandem with JP Morgan owning a lion's share of it. And this isn't the time where I'm going to say hey, I told you so. But anytime we say hey, this is the greatest thing on earth and this is for the people, the institutions are going to find a way to say, hey, let me get a piece of that thing.
Speaker 4: So now I was an add to what you're saying with one hundred percent, right, I think most people will look at it and most of the headlines will say, well, people are going to have to pay that thirty percent cut that Apple's going to pay for anybody that sells inside the app. And short term it sounds like, oh, that's a problem, most people want to do it. But when you that piece that you said, one billion users users to the space, that thirty percent almost becomes like, all right, that's just the cost to do business, right, because you're bringing one billion people in crypto. You know, obviously it's still very new, like twelve years in, but there's still people who don't know all the effects or how to use it or what is even meant for if you get people on the iPhone. You got one billion users now in that space that can purchase that. The other part actively do it. But the interesting part is that they're going to sell the NFTs for US dollars. You don't even have to use a crypto to buy them, right. You can convert that after right, you can do it, convert it to bitcoin or Ethereum, Masona or anyone that you want to. But you can buy the US dollars, which makes the use case even more attractive. Right now, I don't have to figure out, wait, I got to buy this and get this and put this in my wallet to purchase it. No, I could just use my US dollars to purchase it. The use case and the user case there. It makes it a lot more easier, which makes more people even intrigued to get in.
Speaker 2: So I mean it would be beneficial for Apples, for NFTs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for NFTs too, but some of those companies that are relying on those spees.
Speaker 6: I mean, but but if it's supposed to be decentralized, like even after they get to merge. Now it's six exchanges that have what sixty five percent of the distribution. Now, Apple also has a great relationship with the government, and wait till the regulations come. Now, during times of disaster, prayers are gonna the surf love you and praying for you. During times of disaster and economic calamity, more charges come. So now in two or three years, they're going to push heavier crypto regulation and you're going to start to see a lot of talk about government. I mean from our government. Is crypto an issue of national security? And if they waved the flag for Apple and say hey, you're going to be our measure of safety and everything is done through you. Now you have JP Morgan, Apple in the United States government eating up majority of the crypto And guess what if the games are not coming from iPhone fourteen when Steve jobs dart To say it's no better than thirteen, you don't think they won't run to their crypto market and get it there.
Speaker 5: Tough man. I know everyone said last year I didn't know, and then here we are.
Speaker 6: JP Morgan might go ahead Apple US government military game set match.
Speaker 2: So but but it is beneficial though for.
Speaker 6: Apple there's no different than Universal owing all the masters to and back when Leo was a deaf jam and it was yeah, it was beneficial for murder Aim to have a label deal and Leor ended up with everything went to three hundred and YouTube.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's like.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like when Crypto, when Fidelity's starting to let Crypto and fall one k's and different it's official to Crypto because more it's more exposure. Is it legitimizes the space even more and it means that it's even more of a case why it's here to stay, but.
Speaker 6: It's more Okay, So imagine if let's make up a network ABC network, well it's the actual ABC. XYZ network came to us and said, hey, we want sixty five percent of everything that you do content wise, but we'll give you legitimacy. We will we take that deal. I would say, no, it's the same thing. So now if we have seven major players, and it may of course give legitimacy to it, and it may make the overall market cap larger, but there is not decentralized and not for the people, and it's not a too little liberation.
Speaker 3: I think the idea of decentralized is a part in this guy the wealthy control every last year.
Speaker 5: No one was saying that though, does that mean I was getting killed?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: The wealthy always control everything last year. They controlled the NFT market last year. So you know, it's never going to be a situation where it's the great equalizer and it's the poor man's weight of wealth. Like, once people see that this is a viable option, you know, the rich are going to control it. Powerful institutions, banks, hedge funds, they're going to control it. They controlled it last year, They controlling it this year.
Speaker 7: Yes, my graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop mic drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 2: Behind the delivery trucks that keep your life stocked.
Speaker 1: Thousands of employees at BP go to work every day.
Speaker 6: People bringing a new offshore production platform online, people making our refineries capable of more, like making renewable diesel from agricultural waste.
Speaker 4: People trading in shipping fuels to our customers, and people helping truckers fill up and get maintenance at our convenient locations. They're part of almost three hundred thousand jobs VP supports across the country.
Speaker 2: Learn more at VP dot com. Slash Investing in America