Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: When you think about meeting the one, you have this little mini movie in your mind about how that perfect meeting is going to go.
Speaker 1: You know, like you lock eyes across a crowded bar and you both silently say hey to each other.
Speaker 2: Or she catches you when you slip on a banana peel in the hospital cafeteria.
Speaker 3: Slapstick moment, coconut pie involved.
Speaker 2: He accidentally touch hands as you both reach for the plane's emergency exit latch.
Speaker 1: As the whole room fills with smoke. No, you know you first, You know, romantic cute stuff. All have extreme anxiety.
Speaker 2: But one of our listeners, Daria, admits that her first meeting wasn't really rom com quality.
Speaker 1: That's okay, but let's talk to her about it a little bit. Daria, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi die, so excited to hear your story about how you met this person.
Speaker 4: Oh well, how we met was definitely weird. It's not romantic whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, can we start with his name or her name?
Speaker 4: Derek? His name is Derek.
Speaker 1: Okay, and this is I'm sorry to jump to conclusions, but this is like the one.
Speaker 3: This is someone I think that was just need people to pay attention to this.
Speaker 2: How was it weird that when you first met well, he dms me on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty normal. What's weird about that?
Speaker 4: That was really the weird part. The weird part was that he said, I saw you on Bumble. I'd love to meet up for coffee.
Speaker 5: Okay, wouldn't that be a red flag though that he's already stocked you down?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 4: Normal? No, the weird part was I'm not on bumble.
Speaker 3: Oh do you think? It was just a line like he was just hoping that you're.
Speaker 1: A bunch of girls.
Speaker 3: It's just like a copy paste line that it gets on everybody.
Speaker 4: I mean, that would have been better because I told him that he had the wrong person. I'm not on bumble. And then he sent me a screenshot of the Bumble account was all my pictures, it is my name I upon.
Speaker 1: Which means you're attractive. What did you say?
Speaker 4: I kind of freaked out, was like, oh my, I was like that that's me, but it's not me.
Speaker 5: I didn't set that up and Derek's like, hilarreaty gave it all my credit card information.
Speaker 4: He was actually really nice about it. He was like I'm so sorry, you must feel so weird. I'll report it. But then he like asked if I still wanted to go out.
Speaker 2: I mean at that point, maybe you're a little bit more receptive to it because he's not just randomly doing it too out of the blow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Kind of disappointing that he's the only one that showed up in your DM, But okay, that's a good point. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I was up for it because I don't know he seemed he reported the account. He was really nice about the whole mix up.
Speaker 3: So he was hot, Let's be honest.
Speaker 4: He was hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean this is more romantic than I was even leading on.
Speaker 1: I think, what did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 4: We just met up for coffee. No, it was very simple. I didn't really know what to expect from him.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I.
Speaker 5: Guess you would have zero expectations when you weren't even looking for a date to begin with, right, he.
Speaker 3: Had seen his profile, like you don't know, well, but his Instagram. She would have seen his Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's all I really had to go off of. Okay, but he turned out to be well one. He was really cute. I already knew that. He was also really nice, and it was very comfortable and we were laughing a lot. He thought his latte art looked like a bird and I was and it didn't. It was just quick.
Speaker 3: Okay, I called him out on that.
Speaker 4: It was very funny. It was like cute. It was cute. I think that's a nice word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, how about it.
Speaker 3: How long did the date last?
Speaker 5: Because like coffee is like twenty five minutes, thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: So this is the part that I don't know. At about twenty minutes, he said, I'm so sorry, but I actually have to get going, which I guess could have been bad. But then he was like, but I really want to see you again. Let's go out again sometime. So I left feeling like kind of good about it.
Speaker 5: God, but he just said, sometimes I feel like you need to say, let's go out.
Speaker 3: I'm sady next weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Get a doctor's appointment right when you leave.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like when I run into friends and I don't really want to hang out with and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: We should only get together sometimes soon, let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's like a doctors for me because I book it to their face and then I cancel it. Okay, So how long ago was that?
Speaker 4: This is a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, have you heard nothing from him?
Speaker 4: I've heard nothing from him, And it's just weird because like, I wasn't looking for this guy, like came out of the blue, and now I find myself like thinking of him and wishing we could go out again. But yeah, he's not responding.
Speaker 3: Is he posting a bunch on Instagram, like on his stories or anything like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's alive, and I know he's alive.
Speaker 3: He was traveling.
Speaker 2: We're starting with he's alive, and then that's a pretty good place to start at with these second date updates, so hopefully we can go up from there.
Speaker 3: We've started a worse places, It's.
Speaker 1: Sad to say, but yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: So let's call this a live guy in there when we do your second date.
Speaker 1: Update, next second date update.
Speaker 2: Well, it's another first for us about how people meet in the dating world, Oh for sure, because one of our listeners, Daria, got a DM recently on her Instagram from a dude who said he saw her on bumble I.
Speaker 3: Thought she was cute, Yeah, which is a good DM to get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for one problem.
Speaker 2: She's not on Bumble, at least not to her knowledge until she received the screenshot of the profile using her picks and her information, So.
Speaker 3: We didn't ask did that profile get taken down?
Speaker 2: Well, she told him to report the fake account, right, yeah, multiply. Well we can follow up with that. The important thing was afterwards he boldly asked her out to coffee anyway, and she said yes, And now they're in love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one step away from true much pressure.
Speaker 1: I'm dating is easy, right, Daria? Yes, so yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: My question is why, Brooke, haven't we seen any reports about people using your pictures as a fake profile on Bumble?
Speaker 1: What's going on with that? Your celebrity?
Speaker 5: Maybe it's not fake, Jeff, what I'm kidding, it's a joke.
Speaker 3: I thought i'd be funny.
Speaker 1: I react too much conviction there, I was.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that I didn't have to do online dating because I'm I like to win people with my personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's that going for you?
Speaker 5: It got me.
Speaker 3: Married, and I'm very happy in my marriage.
Speaker 1: The bar is low?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: All right, so now I've lost track of what we're doing. Daria.
Speaker 3: Yes, where we go.
Speaker 1: We're back to you and your guide, Derek. You ready to do this? How you feeling I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: I feel worse after everything we just said.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm excited to hear from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited to I think it's going to turn out just fine. Okay, Yeah, you're all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she thinks that you should feel worse about yourself, but it's gonna go fine.
Speaker 3: I just mean about her confidence in us.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe just be quiet.
Speaker 3: That's about it.
Speaker 1: Let's find out here we go. Yo, what up? This is Derek? Yo? What up? Derek?
Speaker 3: Hey, Derek, Hey, I feel like we're friends already.
Speaker 1: Nice, very friendly.
Speaker 4: Uh well what is this?
Speaker 1: This is a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Wait wait.
Speaker 3: Radio radio words.
Speaker 1: We're not allowed to say some of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, okay, we got a life one, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, you know what, man? I was wondering when you guys are gonna call me about something like? I listen to you guys all the time.
Speaker 5: Your life is such a mess you think we would call you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get him one day. I like you I like.
Speaker 2: This a whole lot better than a lot of the calls that we do where they're like radio what big game?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you know what we're calling you about?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But you guys are freaking awesome. I mean, is this that like dating segment things you guys do? Yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you probably know who I'm calling about?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: God, man, I know, I really can't say who you calling about?
Speaker 1: Okay. Her name is Daria.
Speaker 3: It was a couple of weeks ago. She said that you guys went out Daria, Manu a couple of weeks?
Speaker 4: Didn't we go like a week? Was it like a week ago?
Speaker 3: Maybe it was a couple of.
Speaker 4: Weeks, man, I d you know, I just I can't remember. I really have coffee with everyone?
Speaker 1: I I do.
Speaker 3: You have coffee with everyone?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I like to hang a lout.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty active in the dating scene, you know, like women women like me? You know, Okay, coffee date.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm confused. Do you remember Dara? You don't remember Daria?
Speaker 4: I do remember her? I do I do. She just didn't crack my top three. I just really wasn't feeling there.
Speaker 1: He was close there. Let's go back a little bit.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, Man, I date a lot, so it's like all these girls are just kind of like mid to me, you know what I mean. So she's got to really just like stand out.
Speaker 2: But the thing that we're trying to figure out about Daria is like you went through a lot of trouble to get her on a date with you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, oh, dude, yeah, I mean because I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess there's a lot of trouble. I mean, I'm pretty much perfected it by now, so it's not really a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: If he perfected.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: So I came up with this like full proof way to basically get girls to go out with me.
Speaker 4: It's like eighty percent effective.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, eight is not the correct math for full proof, but tell it.
Speaker 1: What do you do? Okay?
Speaker 4: So look, I reached out to these women, you know, and I say, like, found.
Speaker 5: You in Bumble, YadA YadA, beat up.
Speaker 4: I send them a.
Speaker 2: Screenshot of their Bumble account that I created.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like, I went on their Instagram.
Speaker 4: What wow, I'm like, hey, is this you?
Speaker 1: And they always freak out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because impersonating them online.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. I'm the hero. I come flying in with my little kate.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I tell them, I'm like, hey, don't worry about it, maybe report the site. And then when they're their most vulnerable, I asked him out right and they're like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, wait, you you trick them into dating you.
Speaker 4: It's not a trick. It's not a trick at all. It's it's real, right, there's somebody created this bumble account, but it's you.
Speaker 2: It's like how Batman lets all the villains out of jail and then recaptures them that he and we all love Batman. And maybe it worked for Daria to hearing that because I didn't let you know this earlier, or since you listened, you probably know that she's on the other line.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, for god, that's how this works.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, by the way, Daria, are you still there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Dar Yeah, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: That's a good sign.
Speaker 3: How you feeling there, Daria?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to be here for much longer.
Speaker 1: Huh why why?
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry? Is everyone hearing the same thing? I am right in saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jeff was being sarcastic.
Speaker 4: You create fake bumble accounts of women by scraping their pictures from Instagram. Sorry, listen, listen, Daviy, I gotta stand out man. You know how many dude, there's so many games out there people play. Don't be mad just because I have the best game out there. I got you going to day with me, right, twelve years old? You sound like a twelve year old red pickup lines on the internet, like are you bro?
Speaker 1: This is not a pick up. This is advanced women gathering.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, what are we like timber in a forest?
Speaker 4: Pokemon? You don't got to catch us all?
Speaker 3: What the hell? Why not?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: I got you to go on a day right?
Speaker 3: You're not trying to.
Speaker 1: Settle down with one. You want to just date every girl you can find, bro?
Speaker 4: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: I think I think the why not is because it ends up hurting the women's feelings, Like Daria, you and that's.
Speaker 4: Why all the girls don't take me on these radio shows and try to get a second day.
Speaker 5: That's just like, hey, if it didn't work out, it didn't work out, we want to the next guy.
Speaker 1: You gotta call me on the radio.
Speaker 4: You're right, I'm the psycho one.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess the one nice thing is he didn't use you for anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like he like took your mind.
Speaker 3: You're like, you guys free coffee or something.
Speaker 4: You guys are not taking his side after you've heard.
Speaker 2: Of No, no, we're not taking a side pointing out. I mean, he could just really love coffee because it just goes on coffee dates every day.
Speaker 3: It cheaper than cocktails.
Speaker 1: There it is. We are not on his side in any way.
Speaker 2: It's not cool to use a fake profile to get somebody to respond.
Speaker 5: Maybe like sorry, Derek, I love that you listen, But maybe he should also be reported to bubble I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we'll see.
Speaker 4: That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: We're going to find him.
Speaker 3: We don't have.
Speaker 1: Brook already has an account. Joke, and you're going to be the hero for the day.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: We'll see on Bubble
Speaker 3: Brook brooking Jeffrey in the morning.