Speaker 1: All right, we're good.
Speaker 2: You like.
Speaker 3: Busting with the boys, hanging with the face, betting on the game. No woman's gonna tell us.
Speaker 4: What you can knop you.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 3: Just drinking beer and making nao. Baby, I'm hanging with the feelers, busting with the boys, bro.
Speaker 4: Rolling near the TV on.
Speaker 6: You're y trying to lock it.
Speaker 4: I got to, I got to and already brother too to Lucy's already in espresso or mango espresso. I'm not. I'm not as big on the mango as i am the espresso.
Speaker 6: I love the expressed.
Speaker 4: I had the espresso, tell about noon, not tring to switch it out and find my flavor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, welcome to busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: We were having technical difficulties with our small TV.
Speaker 6: That's all right. Hey, people are uh, people were fired up. People are so happy that the intro's back.
Speaker 4: How do you feel?
Speaker 6: Oh, you know me, bring the old new intro back.
Speaker 4: I did see your comment on YouTube. Brother. The people have spoken. It is what it is, and it's I did say in the intro yesterday it's kind of a it's a slippery slope because.
Speaker 6: Then last week said in the intro last week, and what I said yesterday.
Speaker 4: So the intro, I've had a tough day of my days in a week lately. I walked into the shop yesterday and said, how was your weekend?
Speaker 6: Boys?
Speaker 4: And it was Wednesday. It's actually Thursday, It's actually no, yesterday was goddamn it. Yeah, But on the intro last week, I was saying basically like we've listened to you, we hear it. But it's a slippery slope because the minute you allow the chat to get you, they think they run you. And so we're we're in a fragile state right now, you and I are being manipulated by the masses.
Speaker 6: However, it was the right choice. I think we took our time. We took longer. Yeah, we we took our time. Yeah, yeah, oh absolutely, Like I've even I've even said that I like the uh, the one that we were trying to go for where you have kind of the cliffhanger because you watch like the Shannon Sharps and I get influenced by some of these other pods and look, you don't you know, you don't know until you try shit. You have to learning or as you know, we just got out voted upstairs. But look, democracy, democracy, if the people have spoken, the boys are speaking, It's like, hey, set your ego aside and just just roll with the fellas.
Speaker 4: Right, fifty stars, thirteen bars. Brother, these colors don't run. We live with democracy.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah. If we would have reacted to the chat immediately, they would have the old intro back, like literally the week after.
Speaker 4: Right, and it wouldn't have set up this beautiful thing that people are listening to now. Yeah yeah, yeah, they able to sit down and enjoy themselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah. In the comments building, you get the you know, everybody chirping being upset.
Speaker 4: There are two things that our fans know. Ther Intro is back, and you can always come to us for a cheppy podcast.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 4: Bust from the Boys is presented by Chevy. This is a Chevy truck podcast, the greatest truck ever built, and our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part of the Bust and family and even our personal lives. Chevy Silverado longtime awesome partner of the show. A truck with commanding and unstoppable grit, legendary capability and dependability too, So find out for yourself. Like so many of our boys, head over to Chevy dot com to check out Chevy Trucks Grit, What Chevy truck Grit and build your own Sovado for doing yourself projects to road trips, off road adventures to tailgates wherever did you just start? Whatever your thing is, it all starts with the Chevy truck Just did your phone just start? Like you have the little service for a second says what the thing? I got messed up on it? Says Chevy truck Grit. But then I think I had to read the first part right, so my brain was like, Grit's not supposed to be.
Speaker 6: They're going to think their internet is slow when you do that little pause right there. I gotta sitting away for this thing. The load.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 4: We fixed the WiFi last week, unplugging the router just because of me. Yeah.
Speaker 6: We went on Dale Junior last week. Everybody who's who's a fan of Dale and Herd Junior, which I think that is everybody in the world, every single human being there. The boys went on the Dale Junior download and we had a two and a half hour podcast. They said that was the longest one in the last two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was And it was such a good time too, because I mean, we've been on other people's podcast before and it's like you did Two Bears, Yeah, yeah, the day before that.
Speaker 6: It's a pretty strict hour, yeah and a long.
Speaker 4: You're kind of sitting there, but everyone's kind of bouncing off each other the whole time. Dale really took the time to get to know the boys. Yeah, find the level of nostalgia when we played against each other in two thousand, was at nineteen, yeah, twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, playing against each other at the start of the podcast, Dale giving you your flowers on Twitter, calling me the common man. Like it was overall, it was a great experience. What's really cool to me is like you guys' relationship, the way you guys talked about that because you guys were you were obviously with the Redskins, the team formerly known as the Redskins, and he's a fan of that team. Yeah, and then you guys just get together. You're doing the dog the Dog thing on Snapchat. You're just having a good time with Dale, and I was just it was just kind of cool to see the two bros bro out.
Speaker 6: Dude, because I was telling you afterwards, like it is insane to me because.
Speaker 4: Like we you grew up it's like, oh, you know, our.
Speaker 6: Dreams of like playing professional football, and then like growing up in bon terr you got it's w W and NASCAR fans. Right, I wasn't the biggest NASCAR fan, but you you don't need to be a fan of NASCAR to know who Dale or Heart Junior is. And yeah, how that all came about. I'm still just thinking, like, I mean, he's the most humble cat, the humble celebrity maybe that we've ever met. There's so many.
Speaker 4: There's only a few people out there that you meet that are famous that don't know that they're famous. And he's absolutely one of them. Like SA One's one, Pat Mahomes is one. But then Dale is like me one when you meet him, what a top three round? He just thinks he's a regular guy. He's just a regular fucking guy out there. When I was a kid, we used to go to the p I R all the time, the Phoenix International Sway with my grandfather. Rip Boy passed away about a week ago, and uh.
Speaker 6: To have a moment of silence for Grandpa motorcycle. Yeah for your grandpa.
Speaker 4: All right, God damn put on disturb Oh that was your phone shout out Grandpa motorcycle and he would always take us there and he was a big Ford guy and he would always talk about the Ford Racers and stuff like that. But even Dale being in a Chevy like you used to always tip the cap to him and he would be like, that's that guy's the man. Yeah, tell me about his dad and all these different things. It was just like cool being there as a kid and growing up and being like, yo, Dale, we're just hanging out with Dale.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and what was that? What was the car that they had sitting in front of the podcast.
Speaker 4: His dad's car that his dad actually raced, the real one, right, it was a real one. Yeah.
Speaker 7: He did twenty seven races in it, one eight of them.
Speaker 4: That is incredible and it's wild too, Like one of the guys was telling us that Dale doesn't have a lot of his dad's memorabiliy, and so he actually found that at the Barrett Jackson and was able to outbid whoever it was to go get it.
Speaker 6: That's crazy that he does basically have to fight to get the memorabilia, which is why does he have all the get all the memorabilia.
Speaker 4: I don't know the show, but they kind of they they kind of explained it to us a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, if you're in that family, well, Dale's like the air, so you would just assume that the that his son, yeah, should get whatever he wants, right.
Speaker 4: And just like following in his dad's footsteps and all that. And even when he was on the bus before talking about like how his dad was just a guy like you, respected and also feared like he did something. He did something in the house one day and he ran and like hid behind like hey until like the nighttime.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like that, yeah, across the street or something, and laid there until he thought it was safe to go back in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, laid down on the ground until nightfall.
Speaker 6: I meant to bring that up when we were chopping it up afterwards and talking kind of dad stuff.
Speaker 4: Where the graduations that you guys had with your daughters.
Speaker 6: And then he was almost like us, we're talking about how having girls and you're like, oh, I'm gonna have a third one, like the way periods are syncd up, our balls are synked up.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna have a girl because I'm having one.
Speaker 6: And then he's like, I don't know, he doesn't didn't necessarily want a son because he felt like he would be way too hard on him, and I meant to bring up that, like, hey, man, what do you think you're gonna scare him so bad? You're gonna he's gonna take off, running out of the house and go hiding a ditch across the street.
Speaker 4: I just don't see Dale being a like a hardcore dad, like over the top.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't see that any stad.
Speaker 4: He's just kind of the man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I know he's got that killer instinct in him for sure.
Speaker 6: Question you know he you know, they got the core values. He has the foundation at home, but the way he carries himself, it's like, brother, you'd be a phenomenal boy.
Speaker 4: Dat dad, he'd be a great boy.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 5: Hey, but how about the culture around it. When we pulled up, people waiting outside.
Speaker 4: Dude, people BUCkies, Dale are heart shot. That's what we pulled up, and there were some good old boys just kind of hanging out. One guy called his brother man what seven times yeah and four sentences.
Speaker 6: One thought so comfortable and say, hey, you got an extra hat that you can give.
Speaker 4: That's the same brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just went to the truck. I was like, I think I have.
Speaker 4: One here, We'll just starts walking away. JPU and I are just hanging out. Will just walks away and comes back. But literally, there was like what a dozen people just waiting outside more than that, just to meet Dale, just to shake his hand and say hey, you're the man.
Speaker 6: Every day he does the podcast. They're out there every Tuesday. There are people out there. They said it was a little bit bigger because it was race week and everything. But we pulled up. We were pulling up to do our podcast. He's already in the middle of doing another one, so we have to wait for that one to get done and our two and a half hours goes in our podcast, we do the tour and everything else. He's still he hasn't like walked out there yet, but people got there so early. There's probably thirty to forty people just sitting outside of JR Junior Motorsports.
Speaker 4: There was a little girl from London. There was a family, it's a seven year old from Britain just waiting.
Speaker 6: It was nuts Bro see him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go see Dale. This is wild man.
Speaker 6: They're waiting out there for hours. Bro basically tailgating just for him to come outside after he does podcasting. To sign, to sign autographs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a man dude, which Taylor and I were texting as we are. It seems like we're hiring a couple of new people. We might need to throw Dale and offer to either be like the dad, the uncle or the granddad of.
Speaker 6: The pod, just a true ambassador, or bust them with the boys. He's uncle Dale.
Speaker 5: What's so we could just go to Yeah, like, you know, if we need to let something off our chest, we have.
Speaker 6: Dale call in, right, have them call in, Like we got some questions. Yeah, your advice, we need your mentorship. Dude.
Speaker 4: It feels like Dale doesn't. I don't say this in like a disrespectful I mean it in like a really cool way. It seems like he just doesn't care about much other than like his family and like cars, and people are just like, hey, you should open up a restaurant. He has a restaurant in the airport. Hey you should do a podcast? All right, yeah, I'll I'll do it.
Speaker 6: I didn't think it was pretty funny that we're going to I didn't know it at the time, but as we're walking to basically another terminal to go eat at his restaurant, I'm thinking we're really committed to supporting Dale. One of his many ventures that he's doing.
Speaker 4: Literally the farthest restaurant away from our Sea Gate concourse trying out Charlotte Airport, by the way mass chaos, one of the most confusing the airports I've ever been in. Mind Tower. I got lost three times because I flew him fro nashvilley' all flew him from Austin and it was a bit of a deal just trying to find the rental car area.
Speaker 6: People are just sprinting around everywhere. It was pretty care.
Speaker 4: Everyone's in a hurry. Yeah that flight home boys. Let me tell you something those of you listen who have listened to this podcast for the last five years.
Speaker 6: Grumpy Dad segment.
Speaker 4: Will Compton has officially become the grumpy guy of the group.
Speaker 6: Dude. He is standing in the middle.
Speaker 4: Of the walkway well while me and GP are kind of tucked back, so there's like lanes. Some lady literally hit was like pushing somebody in a wheelchair, hits Will and as she's connecting with Will's shoulder, go excuse me and bumps him and we had a deep plane. Will's like just put the fucker down the ground like essentially.
Speaker 6: Time out, grumpy, grumpy, But that situation you just explained, I'm not in the middle. I'm standing there talking with you.
Speaker 7: You're right your leer, Yeah, you're right center.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're in the right.
Speaker 6: Yeah I'm right center. But like, say, hey, on your left, on your left, like to what you were saying. And I didn't react to or say anything. I just kind of turned and I'm just thinking, what the fuck just had O.
Speaker 7: Hey, you looked you play middle linebacker.
Speaker 5: I imagine that's the look you gave a quarterback or running back when they were walking away from us.
Speaker 6: Locked in because that shoe was crazy. They they hit me and then excuse me.
Speaker 4: There is there's an epidemic going around in airports where people are getting too comfortable, like you, it's not your home.
Speaker 6: You need to go.
Speaker 4: You need to understand this is America. You stay on the right side of the way when you're walking one way. You let people get around. If someone's hurrying, you give them the right away because obviously they're in a bigger rush than you. But people are getting a little too comfortable with the bumping, with the hanging out people.
Speaker 6: With I know this is a slippery slope, so we can just I know there's not going to be a lot of reaction or comment even afterwards, but a lot of comfortability as well with taking advantage of getting pushed around the airport, like people in scooters people and deserve it, and look, I'm all people getting pushed pushed. Yeah, Like there are some people that you know in your mind it's like, hey, fucking I walk to your goddamners. And if you are somebody that is needs service, extra service, like I'm assuming you're getting to the airport way earlier than everybody else to where you shouldn't be in a hurry like that, just getting pushed around by somebody pissed off doing their job and they're mad doing the service job. It's like, if you're in that kind of industry, you should kind of have a little bit of a enthusiasm about you, you know what I mean, because you're you're like wanting to help people, right, Yes, So the person that's like shoving this, that like shoved by me, it was like, oh, excuse me. It's just kind of like, yeah, there's a lot of flare that happened in that particular moment, but I didn't say anything but I was pissed that. We we get on the plane number one, we're already delayed, what forty minutes? Delayed forty minutes. Then we get on the plate and sit down and we're chilling for a minute before somebody come well literally sitting there for an hour. Yeah, and then somebody comes on. It's like, oh, they got to check the break. They're checking the brakes. Yeah, and something's kind of going on with the breaks. It should be quick, like we're not. I'm making the decision and not be doing to not deboard because if we do that, then we'd have to change the whole break, and I don't think we have to do that. So then we're chilling there for another little minute. Yeah, and then it's the next thing I know, we're deboarding the plane. And here here's here's where grumpy Will comes in.
Speaker 4: Bro. But can I just say, Like when I got off the plane, Will Will is like facing the wall. He's like on the phone. So I'm not kind of doing something. I'm walking around grabbing the water or whatever. Ye Will turn Will gets out the phone. You turn around and go, bro, what the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, what are we doing? Like you're you're essentially you're a caaring right now. You're you're starting this small little piece of being a care on my brother. We're they're just trying to keep us safe, like it is what it is like, we can't do nothing about us. Put the fucking plane down. Who cares?
Speaker 6: Get me back to Nashville, he said, Bro, are these safety they're checking the break And I'm like, hey, fucking kill but like, let us go down, Die young, die hero.
Speaker 4: And then will your whole entire thing, your whole thing about wanting to get home so earlier because you've got something for rue, You've got that, and you're like, I want to make sure I give this through before she goes to sleep, Which is fine. But we go sit down and we're hanging out. JP. You take the hilarious the fat ball picture of us. We're chilling. Some guy comes up talk to us. We get up to go to the gate because we realize, hey, we're bored. We might miss the flight.
Speaker 6: We might be missing the flight, and Will walks.
Speaker 4: Away without the bag, walks with the back and JP's like, look at this man, He points at the bag. Yeah, he goes and then you look, you look back at JP. JP goes, all, I'll meet you guys, I say to Will while we're walking without you, JP, I go, and what do you think he's doing over there? Knowing you're just getting the back. He goes, he's probably got to pack some stuff up or whatever. Yea, I go, Hey, I hope he didn't forget anything, and Will just keeps walking. Where did the gate goes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Fuck? I go, hey, JP's grabbing it. Man handle yourself. And then he shipped the bag and then he, uh, we're your wallet at the hotel.
Speaker 7: Well wallet at the hotel. And Will almost took the rental car keys home with him.
Speaker 6: Watches he watches busting. So he comes running and you use here in the distance. Will, He's like, hey, you got the keys on you and I'm just thinking.
Speaker 7: He said, no, they're on the dash. I don't think they are in hell.
Speaker 6: When he said that too, I was like, you know what, hang on, I unziped my bag and just see him sitting on top there. But yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: The in every city we go to the rental cors employees and know our pot because that's no but it's literally every rental cars employee in any city we come to like, dude, love the show, blah blah blah, even when you guys aren't even with us. And now is there like some secret union of rental cars workers and they're like at the like day one, they're like, you gotta start watching Busting with the boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah. When we flew into Charlotte, we went to go to get the rental car and some guy slip back here and ice cat you could see a ten in his back pocket. I go, I knew exactly what it was, like, what is that this brand in your back pocket? Goes Yes, the brand. We do not say the brand, the Boltimore brand. We essentially are like, you need to do loocy ball ball. We give him two cans. Oh yeah, yeah, which I think you're not allowed to do it, but we did. We checked his idea and everything well, right, we checked his idea, checked his I he's over to he's over one thing about airports.
Speaker 6: I do want to say the grumpiness was fully due to we're supposed to land in Nashville. Four p thirty JP. And I was on South Congres Street in Austin, Texas, shopping at was it love something? I don't know? I got rude this dress by the way, way too expensive of his dress that I didn't even realize until I was checking out, And yeah, I wanted re knew dead I was coming home. I wanted to give her the dress. I wanted to see her face. And then obviously you got bedtime and everything else that. You know, that's like a lucky thing that I didn't necessarily have to do. That I would have had to do that night, but I did want to give her the dress, and I knew she would be stoked. So when we're getting delayed beyond the wind of like I'm just gonna have to wait to give it to you tomorrow, that's that's where the grumpiness was truly festering. And the minute we got beyond like six fifty six forty five, now we're taking off at seven thirty, it's like, oh, it's already, We're already beyond it.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Obviously, that's why you're grumpy, Like you didn't have to explain any of that. We just told the whole We just told that entire story.
Speaker 6: I know, but I didn't want that to go missing due to all the grumpy stories that we were singing in between. But you have guys.
Speaker 4: As you got older, you become a grumpy boy. You're a grumpier guy. Now when do I get grumpy? Right now?
Speaker 7: When you're forced to go outside?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, bro, Yes, Will is an indoor cat. No, he just wants to sit at home and watch his show.
Speaker 6: When else was I grumpy on that tree?
Speaker 4: You're like the dad from a Wolf of Wall Street, the answers of the British accent when he's watching his show and he gets all mad and he grabs the phone. Hello, Oh yeah, how are you doing? That's you?
Speaker 6: When else?
Speaker 4: What are we doing out here?
Speaker 6: When else was our grumpy on the trip?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: When we're walking Uh, I don't know if we were in Austin, Orna or Austin or Charlotte, but we're walking across the crosswalk and the guy was letting traffic come through, and we're standing there for a.
Speaker 7: Cool ten seconds and Wills, because this guy not see.
Speaker 4: Us, he's really turning into that. That is tough. No, I Will say the whole there is, and I know we're just take it a step further with the whole, like getting pushed in a car thing. I was checking a bag this past Friday, to get on a flight, and I see a heavier set gentleman standing up. He's a super tall guy. He stands up, he walks to the counter, he checks his bag, lifts it up himself, and they start talking for a while. And I'm kind of just waiting in line, waiting to put my back up, and all of a sudden, wheelchair comes out of nowhere and he sits down, like not struggling to sit down, and sits down the chair. They wheel him off. I'm telling you, bro, the preboarding, the preboarding up airports is getting out of hand. Yeah, especially Southwest because Southwest everyone's got their seating all the other airlines. But when we do preboard, it's like thirty people get on the plane.
Speaker 6: And then they got to sit in the front, and so they take all the front seats, all the front. Because if you're just doing carry on, that front row is nice because you're like an hour flay. Yeah, you don't have a checked bag, you're just yeah, you're in and out. Bro. But these dudes, it is like thirty people in pre board that are just fucking what do we fucking you?
Speaker 4: Plump up, you're like a three and you get on there you're the twentieth person on the plane.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one other thing about airports.
Speaker 6: Then these boys are on me about tipping and nothing even happening tipping wise.
Speaker 7: Hey, nobody brought that up.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I was actually saying, I agree with your tipping strategy.
Speaker 6: Okay, because there was a you you that was part of the grumpiness that you're like Will also with tipping. I'm thinking, man, I don't even think.
Speaker 4: It's that big of a I used to be a big tipper and I've gotten to like I'm a standard twenty percent guy unlesson he goes above and beyond on my head at twenty five. But Will Lily has it you have an evaluation process.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's not like that strict. I'm just thinking, if you're doing bad at your job of service, you are going to get hit with that. You gotta affect their pockets. Bro.
Speaker 4: We can have a grumpy podcast today because you bring up tipping. And it's getting fucking out of hand too. When they spin that little iPad on you and it hits in that little that little lazy susan rip around and it says fucking twenty twenty five thirty. It is insane that is like, the lowest tip you can do is twenty percent. You go get thank you COVID. Yeah, bro, that's when that started. The tipping is getting nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's getting out of hand with star like places like Starbucks. And he's like, you know, I'm just calling them mainstream spots, like the big dog spots that have places absolutely everywhere, Starbucks being one. McDonald's like they're flipping around and you're seeing tips on there now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if you go, I'll get McDonald's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that was just one that can. I never like to disrespect McDonald's, but yeah, like the Starbucks and stuff.
Speaker 4: McDonald's got a cult behind them.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: There is a war of just soldiers of the two arches that are ready to go at any point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, your boy. I used to love McDonald's.
Speaker 4: But when I get going into a coffee shop and I say I'll take an ice black coffee, and before I even am done paying the bill, it's sitting there because all they did was put ice and coffee in a cup, and it flips around me and the lowest thing I can do is twenty percent.
Speaker 6: We're what I have not added to my bag, which I do need to is again. You want to do it in as less steps as possible because we're all lazy human beings. But we need to hit custom and put it in a custom tip.
Speaker 5: No, what we need is a debit card that looks like a reverse UNO card and hand it to them. There's your solution, Oh babe me, that is funny mansus out of nowhere or reverse UNO card.
Speaker 4: Welcome to bus with the Boys. Twenty two minutes of bitching. That's what we did here today on this episode. And that's okay. If you have a complaint, dude, hit in the comments.
Speaker 6: We're here for you.
Speaker 4: That's what we do. A lot of people are here for you. And one thing that's always there for you game Time.
Speaker 6: Game Time. Did you know that you can get tickets to any baseball game Saint Louis Cardinals right now for only the lowest prices of all time. That's right. Thanks to game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, you shouldn't have to worry when you buy tickets to your next big event. Game Time is the fast and easy way to buy tickets to all the sports, music, comedy, and theater events near you. They have flash deals for sudden discounts, zone deals when you're feeling flexible, and their lowest price guarantee, which means that if you find the same seats for less anywhere else, game Time will credit you not just one hundred percent, but it's one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Game Time is the best place for last minute seats with up to sixty percent off of your favorite events. What are you waiting for? Buy those Saint Louis Cardinals baseball tickets? Now? Take the guestwork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time at create an account, and use code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms of plyoff course, download the game Time app today. Last minute tickets, lowest prices guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Should we gain U some segments boys shout out if you shot I'm down.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, not that one, because that's a that's a sponsored segment. We don't want to we don't want to a sponsor sponsor on them. We love everybody that I was watching because we get to have all these sponsorships. But right, uh ab bankrupt? You saw that?
Speaker 4: Just another stat man thirty thirty?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what he's a mass like eighty eight million dollars in his career, and apparently there's a claim out there that he has less than fifty thousand in total assets. Now that could be fugazi fugazy, who knows, but apparently he has went bankrupt.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But there was like a video that came out a few years ago of him and that's an all White house and he's like this sixty million dollars paid in full.
Speaker 6: Paid for. But he's also got that reputation of essentially not paying anybody that has worked for him, because he's been he's.
Speaker 4: Gotten sued by like a few different people.
Speaker 6: I believe yeh and ab if you're if you're listening to this clip or watching the podcast, you're more welcome to come on the bus. Yeah no quote you on the bus? Yes es yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that is an active account that's ran a by somebody else. I saw Billy Football challenging him to a Rough and Rowdy So like, hey, if you are bankrupt, if you don't have any money, you can make some good cash at Rough and Rowdy. I will fight you, I'll box you. Jose Canseeko made a cool three million dollars. Think about it.
Speaker 4: Can I say something, Yeah, AB body bags Batman if there's a boxing match.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, you'd assume so. But I love the strategy here of Billy football. Yes, you know what I mean. Like he's great, he's grinding, trying to find his way. He's always trying to find his you know, pieces of content that he can make. And the man has no fear calling anybody out to get in the boxing ring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which you gotta respect. Gotta respect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, assets you look at that photo scoll up a little bit Jackie good one for a reference piece when we're on the YouTube, and you can look at it right now as mtch just putting it in there. That's a lot of assets just on his body. Yeah, a couple hundred thousand at least. Yeah, and he knows what they're paid for.
Speaker 2: It says he is three million dollars to eight different creditors and then one includes a one point two million dollar lawsuit against a truck driver that I guess AB failed to appear in court, So one point two million and some court dispute, and then the remaining are.
Speaker 4: Just a creditors.
Speaker 2: So he's been charging their credit card.
Speaker 4: I hate to see it. Damn yeah, more now than ever. Imagine if a b is went't that brought up to the court reverse, It's like, damn, case is closed.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to make Cracker of the Day for him.
Speaker 4: You could easily make that.
Speaker 6: Hopefully he's got Cracker the day. Yes, every now and then you see, uh, whoever post on his account, they make Cracker the day.
Speaker 4: You haven't seen that, No, I ain't seen that.
Speaker 6: We'll eat you on the internet. Got Hey, I'm just thinking about Dale's cou.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: And it was one of those things where it didn't mean to be a shot, but obviously the world we live in, that's an obvious shot. Yeah, And I'm just like, yeah, you do crush social media.
Speaker 6: Brother. We're sitting there and he's like giving me flowers and I'm sitting there, you know, accepting the compliments. But just in my brain, I'm thinking JP's getting here, this Taylor sitting here hearing this, and then he's like and then he says the Taylor comment. It just all it like all comes and you look over at JP and he starts like just losing.
Speaker 4: He's laying on the couch laughing, like you know when that JP laying down, kicking his legs up and down like a child too excited crack of the day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if he does it every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did, Luca yesterday?
Speaker 6: Did he or scrolling through AB's timeline right now, just saw uh did he's apology?
Speaker 4: Oh here's an apology out there? Yeah? I mean I thought he just dipped to Spain or something.
Speaker 2: It's over for that man, it's over for he can illgally apologize all of it. He couldn't legally mention Cassie's name in the apology. That's how bad it is. Legally.
Speaker 4: He can't even say her own name.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, did you see the video in the hotel room in the hotel elevator area. Yeah, I mean he writes the ship out of that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bro, Like you never want to throw this term around loosely and lightly, but I hope he gets raped in prison. You just those are the those are the ones that you know in every every capter, like everybody who's this just and rages, which is the majority of people, Like that is what is being said between every friend group. It's like you want him to have the absolute worst, most misery.
Speaker 4: No one's saying that on camera, but everyone's saying that off camera. You're just saying it on camera. Correct, You're just saying what everybody else is thinking.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 4: Remember the movie Get Him to the Greek. Well, he's Lily sitting at Jonahill being like, mind fucking you right now?
Speaker 6: I know, I hope you were in a condom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because think about getting sucks. Isn't that crazy? That movie is so good too? And he's a good character in that movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if you could say he's a good character. He's a pretty bad human being.
Speaker 4: He's a bad.
Speaker 6: I don't know, bro, I don't think you can. You think he's a great actor.
Speaker 4: He's talented, Like, whoaa, he's got some bad ship going on. He was he was good in that movie. And I'll say that, I don't know. He was good in that movie. Okay, I'm not defending Diddy supporting No, I'm not what. He's good in that movie. So you're supporting him. You think he's gonna go and get another movie now because I just said that, So it's like, oh, fun, Yeah, you know what, Taylor's right, he was good in that movie. Let's let's cast him for that role even.
Speaker 6: I think if you end up in a movie one day, our intenna has to go up.
Speaker 4: Now get that, brother, it's coming up.
Speaker 6: What circles have you been talking to?
Speaker 4: Listen, we're not going on the st Tell you.
Speaker 6: Guys to get superuncmfortable. Let me get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with will.
Speaker 6: Oh Father's Day merch is out. We do have some a pivot. The flopp the floppy girl dad dad hats. Those are in stock now, those are in the store. Look, our Father's Day merch absolutely goes so fucking hard.
Speaker 4: It does, it really does. And let me know what kind of hat guy you are. Because the floppy hats, I know people are gonna buy the hats they like the flopp hats. It doesn't fit my head the right way. Yeah, I don't like those hats. But the deeper sitting hats, like the hat you're wearing right now, or wear those bad boys all day. It's kind of like a line in the sand. Not a lot of people can are diverse enough to handle both hats.
Speaker 2: What hat guy are you do you mean like the actual like dad hats, the.
Speaker 4: Actual dad like the harder part at the front where it kind of stands up on his own, and then there's like the more shallow hat that kind of you hold it up and it kind of like it indents itself. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not a dad hat.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm a bust with the boys dead haad guy. When they're a little stronger up top, they're more erect.
Speaker 2: You know what else we have out with the recent episode with Coach Callahan and our episode's coming out is our beautiful run left hats.
Speaker 4: That is true, the return jayse Latham.
Speaker 6: We running left this year.
Speaker 4: We're running left this year.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 4: I mean, you got jac Latham, you got Peter Skronski, two young cats in their early twenties holding on that left side for probably the next ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Did you see that photo of Skronsky that came out like two days ago. No, he's added like ten pounds of muscle and cut some and show looks like a bee's showing.
Speaker 4: I gotta find and give me a second.
Speaker 6: Dude, don't bring on the screen because that type of shit is where I get excited. Please don't put on the screen.
Speaker 4: That don't put on the screen, will will get hard.
Speaker 6: Nobody had the blood starts flowing below the belt. When a football guy is just like, oh he puts on ten pounds of muscle, he's cutting some fat. Yeah, they start to the top, starts to get a little heavier, You start to get.
Speaker 4: That v and yeah, God, have those pants right now a little tighter?
Speaker 6: Yeah, thankfully they're cutting off the blood for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Dude, Scronsky, though had a decent had a decent rookie year, missed a couple of games because of appendicitis or some shit like that, like war daddy type shit. He missed games. Four kids, a stud kids, a stunt. I think he's gonna do really well. Love the fact that he's rocking the sevens. Love the fact that he DM me and asked if he could of the sevens as if like he's had any say.
Speaker 6: He's a pro at all. Yeah, that's respect, that's a sign of respect.
Speaker 4: And then Latham literally has trench King tattooed on his body. I mean, that is not a tattoo I would get, but ship, I fuck with that mentality.
Speaker 6: JP, who's the NBA guy rocking our dad hat? Mike Conley saw him rocking the dead had Niles Paul, former teammate of mine, played in the league quite a while. He just had a girl. He was repping the girl that hat you just you love to see, you love to see it.
Speaker 4: I pulled up that clip that's were on Davenport real quick, Jacon Latham. If you're watching this, Wenna put you on game real quick. Brother, well club the clip that's right there. Oh right here, Yeah, go back to the beginning, j C. Listen up, brother, One thing right now in the film, right now, if you're running a outside zone, which I'm assuming that's what it looks like, you're stepping with your inside foot, though I wouldn't do that. You want to step outside foot, and then you're throwing both your hands on the outside shoulder. You did that, you're gonna be able to turn the guy's shoulder and allow the guard to overtake that, making a whole much faster to get up to the linebacker. It's gonna help your angles a whole lot more getting up. That third step you take is gonna be the angle step you take to get to the linebacker at the pace you want. But if you turn the shoulders, you're making the read for the back and it's gonna make it put the linebacker in a really bad pitch where he can't dip and rip you. But if you're not running outside zone there I can go fuck myself. I'm just letting you know. You change those couple of things right there we are. We might have two two thousand yard runers this year.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one little technique. But dude, I'm I'm fired up. Show the video of a late Scronsky going down. I also I made a mistake.
Speaker 2: It was not Scaransky US Soil, it was our Voyd Dylan Raidens.
Speaker 4: Yes, pull up this photo. Let's get Dilly a little bit of love. On the On the show North Dakota State University. Guy comes in, humble cat, married to the love of his life, wonderful woman by the way, absolutely wonderful woman. Came had an a Cellen college. He gets an opportunity to start once I go down with a knee playing the Chargers. I'm at that game and the boy has a little buckle, gets an ACL He's had some bad luck in the league, but he has the want, he has the drive. He's a smart cat. He loves Bill Callahan like this, dude, this guy needs an op. I hope he finds his way On the starting five. I know he's playing a little guard for the boys. Now. He's like a strict guard only guy now, not his favorite thing he wants to do. He obviously wants to be a tackle. But brother just got a get.
Speaker 6: Heel Brandon, Sheriff, Hell, get it? How you live Brandon? Brandon from the outside move of the inside, be one of the most dominant guards in the league. Get paid a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Sheriff, Dude, Well, he's a top ten pick, top of fifteen pick.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was. He was a first rounder as well.
Speaker 4: And played left tackle at Iowa Kids. An absolute study, classic Iowa offensive lineman by the way.
Speaker 6: Classic.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, just a corn fed boy who likes to get after it hunts. I see me some Dylan. Now, Dylan does like to do some CrossFit bullshit, which I'm not a huge fan of. But whatever I digress.
Speaker 6: Should we could do shout out? No free shoutout While he continues to find the Dylan nude. Maybe maybe you dreamed of putting on ten bounds of muscle.
Speaker 4: Dylan is a little war dad, Dude, I really like dealing a lot.
Speaker 6: Uh Duke Cannon not for clowns. The best, the best soaps, facewash, face lotions. Guys, we gotta get in the face routine. Shout out no free shotout is presented by Duke Cannon.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Maybe you are a top shelf dad and it's time to make that list. Point is Father's Day is coming up and you need to take care of the old man and you need to take care of yourself. Duke Cannon, is that answer? Help the dads in your life. Help the dads in your life shower responsibly this Father's Day with Duke Cannon's Buffalo Trace Bourbon products. Top chelf dads deserve top chef gifts.
Speaker 4: It's one of the best things to get a father on Father's Day, cause it's like it's a day for the dad. Do you get gifts? You not to do gifts like this is one of those things where it's a thought that counts. Got you a bar of soap. This is gonna make you feel and still a whole lot better. You gotta love that.
Speaker 6: I've been getting my old man in there the face routine something like that. You just you're aging quick?
Speaker 4: How old is How old is Bill?
Speaker 6: I don't know, upper fifties maybe yeah.
Speaker 4: Upper fifties. I love the fact that you give him some Duke can a little bit of face wash on him a little bit once gets to the fifties, Like what we washing our faces for?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just think it's important. Man. You gotta take care of that skin, Hijiene. You know the wife is in your ear. Yeah. The females are starting to put the guys. I feel like on game of taking care of your skin?
Speaker 4: Did you find it? Jack? Yeah?
Speaker 6: But check out Duke Cannon Father's Day Gifts at Duke Cannon dot com For a limited time, All online purchases will come with a free Big American Bourbon soap as always used code Tier one that's tie R and the number one on Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order, or head to your local Walmart or Target to browse the selection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little face routine goes a long way. I used to be a hot hot water, cold water guy. When I started going through puberty twelve thirteen years old, my dad like, you don't need soaps, nothing, hot water, cold water, brush your teeth. You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And then the fellas, I feel like you're always on the lookout, Like they're like the three and one is a big Yeah, is a big asset in the bag for the guys, because guys just want to use as little as possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I like in my own head, if I'm like out of if I'm out of body wash and I still have shampoo left, like, I'll just shampoo my entire body. I don't know, I think because I'm thinking it's cleaning my hairs. I got hairs on my body, Like, Okay, if it's good for my head, then it's got to be good for my body.
Speaker 4: The hair and skin are different. I would suggest you look into that a little bit. But this is not much. That was the old days. That was the old way. Your skin does look nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you can feel when you don't do the skin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a whole different vibe on the cheeks. Man, it is Uh. This is not my shout no free shot out, but just having this conversation and being presented by Duke Cannon, shout out, no free shout out black guys because they are so much better than white guys at hygiene, so much better. Don't do that. Don't do what you're doing right now.
Speaker 6: Stop keep going. You got it.
Speaker 4: When you get into an NFL room were even a college offer room. Black guys do such a better job of cleaning their face every day, while white guys do the rints. You get the armpits, you get the nuts, you get your ass crack, you get out of there. Black guys help the white guys get better, HIJI, So shout out to them for that.
Speaker 1: Shout out.
Speaker 6: He all gotta stop, Jack shout out. No fore shadow is going to be the dealing redunds.
Speaker 2: My shodow really does got a dealing. Two years ago, I was a late filling for the beer Olympics. People forget I did compete. I should have won, but you guys cheated.
Speaker 4: But we'll talk about that later, you and Ruse.
Speaker 2: But my shoutout goes to my partner and him looking like a nice little piece of unit.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: You know that tattoo sleeves really come along and he's just looking a little agile, a little a shifty, a guy who's laterally quick.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited to see him.
Speaker 6: And looking at Trice, I'm just climbing the mountain.
Speaker 4: Brother, he's been on the mountain range. Dude hang out with horses, getting kicked in the back of his arm. He looks fantastic.
Speaker 6: Mitch, what is your shoutout? No free shadow of the week.
Speaker 4: That's not my shouting now for shadow, by the way, I think, but will this is my last thing I gonna say about Diddy. This is the last thing I'm gonna say about Diddy. Then we're gonna put it the last thing you guys. Ready, he was good and get him to the Greek Okay, he was. They gave and do a chant the right way. Go ahead, Mitch, one guy.
Speaker 6: Man always one guy O.
Speaker 4: Can't get right, get right even Mit said.
Speaker 1: Boom, Yeah, that's a straight shot.
Speaker 6: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That was going into the head shot.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, six a m all.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean my shadow shot out this week.
Speaker 8: It goes to when you had like a bar or something and there's live music and you just get mesmerized by people like ripping the guitar and like, I just wish I could do that, and then they go from one instant to the other and then they just are ripping with the same intensity. It's just I think that is just so cool. Like so if I go to like kid Rocks or something, I literally just stand there with a beer in my hand, just watching the guitar guy just going insane, can't say.
Speaker 6: Something JP with yours?
Speaker 4: Hold on. I do feel that that's a good shout, no fore shadows.
Speaker 8: I feel like there's just I mean, anything I say nowadays is just kind of okay, cool whatever.
Speaker 4: That's a good shoutout, no free shot. That's a quality shout, no free shutout. But I think you forget we're doing a show, and so when there's zero enthusiasm in your voice, it's hard to get behind literally anything you're saying. You literally just sound like somebody died. But you were telling me about somebody ripping an instrument. We're doing a show right now. Do you want to do it again? Do you shout it again?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 8: Hey? Uh?
Speaker 4: The last thing I'll say about Diddy. He was good at Get Him to the Green, Will did bad at Booth the man Mitch, you want to do your shadow no free shadowt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my shoutow, new free shot out this week. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was at a bar and we were sitting up top and they were the live music there, which just absolutely insane, and I personally just get mesmerized by people who can just rip instruments, and I think it's so cool because I know that I can't do it.
Speaker 1: And then when they're.
Speaker 8: Just like just strumming along or just playing the piano or whatever they're playing and just with with ease, and they just make it look so cool. Like I'll just stand there in a bar and just stare at the guitar player like I'm just like I don't know, just giving them like fuck me eyes or something because I think it is so cool.
Speaker 1: But that is my shotow, no free shout.
Speaker 4: Out better JP, jeezus, you're staring at him with fuck me eyes.
Speaker 5: My shout out, no free shout out. I'm gonna tell you who it doesn't go to. It doesn't go to the people that put their backpacks above the bins on the airplanes, because I think that is the thing that's holding up the boarding process is people there's no there's no storage, so then people have to check their bags at the gate. And then I walk down the aisle and look up in these bins and I see people's tiny backpacks taking up space. So it just it really bothers me. And it's not I'm not shouting anybody out. I'm let you know who I'm not shouting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to say who you're talking about?
Speaker 7: What do you do that?
Speaker 6: That that filtered through him like I think he thinks you're talking about I'm.
Speaker 7: Not talking about it. I didn't know you did that.
Speaker 6: Bro. When we got that little JANKI backpack, he does, he throws it up top Hold on, kid.
Speaker 7: First class is different.
Speaker 4: Literally, when we got on the flight for the first time, before we deplaned, I had my backpack in my hand. The old guy that was next it next to me on speakerphone calling his wife on full volume. He goes, Hey, do you want to put that backpack up top of I'll put it under and we deep plane and we get back and I was like, you know what, I will put it up this time. So I put it up and then he said that. I was like, oh, he's got to be he. I don't know how JP caught me doing that. I obviously just hold on myself.
Speaker 5: I wasn't because first class it is different, Like I mean, that's y'all's been but Southwest standard boarding it just it pisses me off.
Speaker 7: Put in the scene in front of you.
Speaker 4: What's interesting about this the first class thing is sometimes people like Zone six will be coming on and this guy who's in the back of the plane will take a first bin, a first class bin. And I always thinking it's sneaky. It's a good little strategy if.
Speaker 7: It's their power power.
Speaker 4: You know he is beneath me. But no, I don't get mad about that. I just said him trying to get it how he lives.
Speaker 6: Take the out.
Speaker 4: Another trick for those of you on on airplanes when they're like, hey, we're over sold, we're gonna start tagging people's backs and they come up and at your bag. Bro, when you're walking down the little jet lane or whatever, pull that thing off. No one's gonna catch you.
Speaker 2: What happens when you get on the plane though, and there's no overhead space, It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm telling you. I'm gonna tell you that.
Speaker 6: And now that right there is completely tall on yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do that if they tag my bag, and I know it's gonna fit like that, right, there's part of what JP's like.
Speaker 6: It slows up the process now that you're part of.
Speaker 4: They tag me as I'm walking, I'm ripping that thing out and put in my back pocket. And then I'll walk down the aisle, put my shit up. No problem, that happened Spring Tour last year. Go Aheadkay, what's your shot?
Speaker 6: My shot out no for shadow goes to a clean operation in the theme of airlines and everything else, when a flight takes off on time, the operation is smooth. People get on the plane quick, they put their bags in the right spot, and you're taking off and your landing maybe even a little earlier. But to me, that's a small win that I think is becoming a little more uncommon these days because airlines can't figure their shit out and taking off on time. So my shout out, no for shadow goes to a clean operation at airports. Nice, thank you.
Speaker 4: My real shout out, no for shoutout goes to cicadas.
Speaker 6: Cicadas.
Speaker 4: Cicadas, those little those little bugs that have now just hatched after like however many years. Why is that they are slow moving, they don't fly very well, they can't bite. It's a little kids like playground to go outside and to catch those things. For hours on end. I will go sit in the yard as if I'm an old man in a rocking chair and watch my kids go catchy cicadas for three to four hours and they are ripping around. They love it. They'll come up, they'll show it to me. They're just getting merched left right, and centecas are being too rough with them. But there's billions of these motherfuckers run around and I'm pretty sure my house is a beacon for them. That's where they've literally said, this is what we're gonna set up base camp.
Speaker 6: They are everywhere, up.
Speaker 4: The trees, in the trees, in the bushes, on the ground. I stept on three of them getting here today. Just walk into my car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are everywhere.
Speaker 4: I love it, so shout shouts.
Speaker 6: They're disgusting.
Speaker 4: They are creepy looking.
Speaker 6: They're creepy, bro. They I'm more of a catch fireflies, lightning bugs. Yeah, get old wolf a ball bat, y'all never did that? Yeah, that must be some Missouri ship. Yeah, I mean I was just a young little I was just a young little jit with a wolfball bat, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: In Florida?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Green anyway, man, Uh, should we get into the episode of Rayan Carthon?
Speaker 4: We absolutely should.
Speaker 6: People are gonna love this episode, especially Titans fans. I mean, getting to talk to Ryan about the transition with Mike Vrabel because there's obviously a lot of drama surrounding that. His journey, his passion to becoming a GM, I thought was very fascinating where he would pick up magazines. I'm not gonna give all all the fun away, but this is an awesome episode. His best cutting stories, like when he had to cut guys. It gets a little dicey at times in the in the in the room. Why he's trying to cut guys at home? Yeah, not losing at home, the times he's been cut because he bounced around a few teams within I was it four years? Yeah, I believe he got four years, four or five years in the league. Yeah, the expectations for this season, how he jails with the staff that has been brought in, why he likes why Brian Callahan he was the first and the last guy that they basically interviewed, and also some tear talk that you guys will enjoy.
Speaker 4: He also talks about the process of how he became a GM and how he was still playing football in that process, and how he got in people's ears. A very cool networking, networking move by him, and also they talk about how he cuts me and we knew him for a month. I knew him for less than a month. Yeah, and his process of cutting me and all that. And it was a cool story to hear from his point of view because the way Ran explains it is exactly.
Speaker 6: How it happened. Yeah, now you guys will love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, without being said, let's get to this episode. Winter Up a episode to bring you Hustle Butter. Bust with the Boys is sponsored by Hustle Butter, The best way to treat your tattoos. Hustle Butter has you and your tattoos covered today, tomorrow, forever, so your tattoos can look and feel their best for life. With Hustle Butter, you can you can keep your tattoos nourished so they always look real and fresh. Hustle Butter keeps new artwork looking bright and rejuvenates old tattoos. All their products, including their Revitalizing Steak, Tattoo Bomb, and more, were designed for the full tattoo process, before tattooing, in process and after care. Also, dude, so we got a couple of these things in when they started sponsoring us. I've started putting on my tattoos. It you really notice a difference It is a is a massive change because I have my right arm done for about ten years now, and when I pop that thing on there, it just gives it that that one percent increase where it kind of like, oh, these are little fresher than I thought they were, maybe there just five years old. It's kind of nice. They are also made with naturally derived ingredients. It is certified vegan and cruelty free, and everything is dermatologists test the clinically tested and have a non irritating formula. Check out check out Hustle Butter dot com to learn more about your Hustle Butter products and see why Hustle Butter is the number one artist recommended. After care of that being said, let's get back to this episode. But we are rolling now. Thank you, Mitch.
Speaker 6: We finally got late, we got ladies got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I did say to JP's camera it took a little hunting, it took a little.
Speaker 1: Text let's not do that's that's not.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you? Can I tell you from my from okay with them? So when did you you got the job? What?
Speaker 9: In January January twenty three, January twenty three, being outside of Rabel's office, sitting with stretch and you came in and the way the last GM was it was like you gotta be a little tighter around it, and you came in, dap me up, Hey love the show.
Speaker 4: First thing you said to me, I'm thinking we got them? Yeah, oh yeah, to come on some I love to come on some time. Next time I saw you, you're releasing me, which we all knew was gonna happen to that story, that story, you guys released me, and I think like forty eight hours later I hit you with the text like hey, you want to come on bust with the boys? Nothing right, Yeah, But finally it's been a year and it's it's awesome that you've come on now instead of then, because what you have been able to acquire and do in this past offseason has been awesome. So it's exciting to see and.
Speaker 6: It's better to have you on the And the only friction, the only like part that was like, okay, chill out. He came up to us in the facility when you're gonna have me on, been waiting on y'all.
Speaker 4: Try again, And as we're saying this, I literally said it. In a year later, it's been like five months, so yeah, I'll messed that up.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about Let's start off, let's talk about the you cutting him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go. So, so the day that you know we were doing it, you know, we meet in Phrases office and we come in and we're just chatting and just just talking literally having a conversation that kind of goes into I got a comploser, Pauls and so I, you know, we're just sitting there having a conversation and I can't even remember what the topic of the conversation was. And then just him, Okay, so you're releasing me. Transition, no segue, no nothing, just all right, so you're releasing me. And then I'm like, uh yeah, I mean I think he kind of knew it was coming, you know. And that's how the conversation when.
Speaker 4: We got back after Mexico, right, yeah, because I was in Cabo and Vrabel shout out rabes in this because a lot of guys don't get to choose when they get released, because we all knew, like the minute I had to get my kney done again two out of three years, like you're here getting canned, brother, You're not going to be making that kind of money and not playing on the field. So he calls me and he's like, hey, we obviously have to release you. You let us know when the best thing for you is. I was like, all right, these dates work, and he's like, can you do it before the combine? I was like, yeah, absolutely, these days now work. So when I went in, I had like I kind of came in. We all knew, and Rave and I are sitting there talking about Jen and their skiing and it's kind of cool. It's like it's like a nice a last meal before it's a gun gets put to your head, right and yeah, you sit down. We haven't really talked at all the last thing I said, and in my head, I was like, we just got to get this going because I know it's kind of awkward for everybody. You're new, Like you and I hardly know each other. Raybe and I've been here for five years. We all understand what's about to happen here.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I say, this the tough part for me obviously coming into this role, you know, this new role and being from Afar and you know, having respect for this team and having respect for certain guys, like having to release you and like dang, like I remember this dude coming out of Michigan. I had him rated high, liked him coming out and watching him become a Pro Bowl player, and even guys like Robert Woods. You know, I've missed him at every one of my stops. So I was at the Rams when we signed him and then leave a month later, so never got to see him on the field. I even have Robert Woods in my GM presentation about players that we've I've been a part of requiring, you know, the different Pro Bowl caliber players, but I always have him in there as an example of a person that's going to come in and change the culture, you know, of the building. And then I get here and have to release him, you know. And so I finally met Robert Woods when we played at Houston last year and just kind of walked up to him like, hey, man, like a ton of respect for you. I met everything I told you on the phone when we talked that day, Like, have nothing but respect for you. It's just part of the way this thing works.
Speaker 6: Is it hard? Like yeah, I know it's hard, but you come in and it's like he's highly graded, you know who he is, He's had his career and on that last year, it's like the get back year. Finally, it's like you got to put everything on and then that first play or second play a buffalo happens. Yeah, and in your mind as a GM, are you basically was it fairly simple at that point, like, hey, this is going to be a guy we're going to have to release due to money and everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the strategy of it is simple. But you know, and I think you and I share this and being undrafted guys. And I don't know about you, but I've been cut a multitude of ways. Yeah, you know, some good, some inhumane.
Speaker 6: You know what's the worst you've been cut?
Speaker 1: Uh? I won't say. The team is two one. I knew I was getting cut. You had to be cut down coming. I think it'd be pretty easy to figure it out.
Speaker 6: But he was one you had three years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we're playing a preseason game. We're playing in a place where my wife and my daughter are living. And so when I come back, when I come on the team flight, I bring all my stuff home and so I go to the team after the game. I barely play. I hadn't doesn't get any practice reps. So I say, hey, I know what's coming tomorrow. Can I just stay, like, we can do the cut right now. I'll sign whatever you need to sign. I'm healthy, that's nothing wrong with me. It's just more convenient for me to just leave with my wife and my daughter and go home. I live fifteen minutes from here. Oh, we don't know what we're doing. And I'm like, come on, man, Like I was like, cause if I go back, I'm only bringing what I have on my body and my wallet. I'm not taking anything.
Speaker 6: And players are in tune with like.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and so they oh, man, we don't know fly back. First person they called next morning is me and I'm like, so I go in the building. I already knew that there was like an eleven oh five flight leaving, so I was like, hey, look, can you just book me on the eleven oh five? Like no, harm, no, file, Like, I don't need to meet with anybody, Like, I'm good. I just just want to go home, and well, you know you need to meet nah. No, I don't like, do meet each coach? Yeah? Yeah, and I get the reason why you do that. But at that point I was like, and then the other one, My my wife and my daughter are actually getting ready to move back home to Miami, and we're doing a going away deal at my daughter school. I'm passing cupcakes out to the kids on a Tuesday and get the call in the middle of passing cupcakes out and I got it. I look at the phone and I look at her and she's like, no, because we I mean, we went through it. So I say all that to say, like, when it's time to cut people like you, try to do it the most tactful and most professional and humane way, just because I've been through it, and you know, you try to be honest. You know, you try to be honest. You try to be up front, and you know, I've had it to where there have been guys that you know, I didn't particularly see as an NFL player, So you try to have that conversation. Doesn't always go well, you know, but you try to be cause I see it a lot these guys. You know, you're you don't know what to tell these guys. So sometimes it's hey, man, you're going to play a long time in this league. You know, this is just something we gotta do. And now this team is a numbers game, and now this guy's still training looking for opportunity. Three four years, five years, when if you were honest and said, hey, look man, like this game is probably not for you at this level. You know, you got a college degree. You might want to start exploring these things. You know, having that conversation at least get that in their mind. Like I knew personally. I said, if if I got to the point where my number of teams outweighed my years of service, it's time to do something different. Yeah, and I got there quick. Five teams in three years. It's time to go.
Speaker 4: Five teams in three years. When you're.
Speaker 6: Who's a jealous? Answer?
Speaker 1: Answer to put it on?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 6: Baba?
Speaker 4: I got you on the jelly row?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 4: How can I help you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: We're getting after brother, We got to bank these things, getting ready for June.
Speaker 6: We need you. I'm prime.
Speaker 4: You really are? You really are having that contract to you right now? It's going nuts. I'm so happy for you. I'll call you after this a right, love you to see. You were just talking about him. But when you're when you're cutting guys, do you find it harder to cut rookies or cut vets.
Speaker 1: It's probably hard to cut vets. Sometimes they see it coming. Sometimes they don't. So that's that's the hard part. And vets you generally have a longer conversation, you know what I mean, especially you know, guys like yourself, who's astute, and you want to know the why. You know why, Hey, look, I thought I was playing better than you know, this guy and this guy. So you have to have those conversations most of the times. With the rookies. The hard part with them is you see the emotion, you know what I mean, because you got to think about it. Most of these dudes, this is the first time they've ever been told they weren't good enough, right, you know, and so you're the first person to ever tell them that. You have to have that conversation. I mean, you live through the emotion with them, and so you know, I'm not that brutal of a human. You see the emotion of a of another man, it kind of kind of gets to you a little bit. But then it's you know, it's it's it becomes one of those things like I say, if I ever get to the point where it doesn't affect me, you know, to cut somebody's probably time for me to look for something else to do.
Speaker 6: What's been your stickiest situation cutting a player or maybe you're fumbling over your words. Oh shit, this is not going like I thought.
Speaker 1: No, I've had a situation where you try to have that real conversation with a player like hey man, like you know, it's probably time of transition, you know, and look for something else to do. I don't know what you're interested in, you know, by all means like let us help you, you know, connect you with the player engagement guy. We can help you figure this out. And what are you saying. I'm like, well, I don't think that you're an NFL player, you know what I mean. And you try to have that conversation and then it, you know, it gets gets a little hostile. You kind of feel that heat. And I mean, I'm not losing at home, you know, like you're my office. One of us is coming out. It's gonna always be. I don't have the win to sit there and box with you. Yeah, I'm so, I'm not doing that. So I have stuff strategically placed if I need to grab and defend myself.
Speaker 6: If you felt like a tension there.
Speaker 1: I have. Like when I was much younger, I felt I felt the tension you know before, And it's like, oh man, this could be to day, you know, and it's never it's never got to that point. But then I also have to think about it. Sometimes it's like you essentially fired somebody, and so if that person wants to be upset and express it, like, it's probably best to just deal with it, you know what I mean, and just let that person have the emotion because it is their right to be upset, you know what I'm saying. So I just uh, most of the times you have to sit back and just like hey, man, like I understand, I got you. You know.
Speaker 4: It's so interesting you say it's like it's harder to cut vets, and I get that for like the relationship standpoint, But every VET I've been around, that's like above five years, they always kind of see the right. You're in the game long enough to realize, hey, when it's about to happen. Every single training camp there is always at least one guy, one rookie that you just there. You can see the ignorance of they've been in high school, and in high school say next year, we'll get them. Next year, will get them. There's never a cut college. Hey, I'm going to grow and develop and next year, I'll be a starter, that type of thing, and they just think I'll get them next year if I'm not a start this year. And then all of a sudden they come in the locker room and they're just balling their eyes out. I feel it's got it for me. It's just from the outside of watching it seemed like the rookies always just took it the heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the that's the emotion that you have to deal with. And one of the things I've always encouraged, even when I was just a pro scout. When I was a pro scout, my job was going to get them, you know, so I was the reaper or whatever they call them, theilding. But what I always tried to do was I always tried to do it. And and because again I've been cut every which way, and so if I especially a VET, I would never follow behind the vet. I would catch the vet one on one. Hey, look you need to come up and see coach. You go see coach. And then I just tell them because now I have to walk you around through the exit process, and I'm like, hey, look, to help you avoid the questions from your teammates, we're gonna go from here, you're going to go to medical. From medical to equipment, and then I'll be loosely by you without anybody suspecting me around. So I would just blend in, you gotta go see medical as while you're meeting with the trainers, I'm over here joking with this guy, talking to this guy, make eye contact with the trainer, like hey, are we good, and then when they leave go to the equipment room, I kind of loosely follow behind. So when I was doing it, you would never know that I'm following this dude. Yeah, you know what I mean. And so when I got a position to have other people do it, I would say, hey, like give them the respect. Yeah, don't try to walk behind them with the paper and like, no, you need to go, like give them the respect because the last thing you want is for the walk through that locker room and everybody's like, damn, you got cut everybody. That's the last down. Yeah, that's the last thing you want. So I always try to do it with respect.
Speaker 4: Is that like I think you've acquired over time or the first time you knew you're gonna have to be the grim reaper, you were like I have to be as respectful as possible.
Speaker 1: Well, the first time, I'm never forget the first person I cut. It was the day they're saying, we're I have to get this guy. He decides to do extra. No he didn't. He didn't play after that, and so he's doing extra on the field. It's ot A and I'm like waiting and I'm trying to catch him, you know, catch him one on one. So he huddles up with a group of vets and he's walking. I'm on a time limit, right because they were like we need to have him up here about twelve fifteen. It's like twelve oh five, and I'm like and I'm trying to make eye contact with him as he's walking with the vets and he's not making.
Speaker 4: Eye Couns knows he of course he knows.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's like in.
Speaker 6: Your money as a player, Like, what do you think is going to happen? Like you're away? Yeah, yeah, you'll just be on the week one rotter.
Speaker 1: So then I had to like, hey, uh let me how let you for a second and he comes. I was like, hey, man, like we need to go up and see coach right now. So we go up. We do the whole thing. I still give him the respect or whatever. That weekend, I decide, you know, hey, man, I'm gonna I'm go hang out this weekend. I can't make this up. I get to the bar, I go to the bar, I order a drink. I look up and he's at the corner of the bar and I was like, nah, I cancel that drink. I was like, I'm good. I need to keep him in view. I don't know if he thinks it's me, yeah, you know what I mean? Shit, And I ended up being there for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: I was like, no, I gotta go, gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: And I just remember me and him locking eyes and I was like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I feel like I would be harder too, because like rookies, you'll cut him or whatever. They'll probably be more emotional because it is their first time kind of being told no. And not only that, but everyone ever rookie, like everybody wants to be the best. And you have the weight of whatever pressure expectation you have on yourself because you've identified as a as a stud player. It's like, now you got to tell your family. With everybody at homeworner thing, man, I feel like a loser, Like there's a lot of that weight. I feel like with vets you'll have the longer conversations because sometimes it's probably not easy because there could be games going on, right, like Okay, I hadn't been playing, or man, I've been getting more rips to him, or the reason that this didn't work out is because did you ever talk to the coach or this film? That film?
Speaker 10: I feel like there's a lot of kind of a lot more conversation that goes into it, you know, And like I said, it's just never easy with a VET, especially a guy that's just been with that organization, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think it's a little bit easier conversation for you know, the quote unquote journeyman that's bounced around. But for a guy that's been with a club three four or five six years and then you got to deliver this message, it's like whoa, Like this is all I know this is And most times you have to explain to him how the process goes because they've never gone through it, you know what I mean. And so it's like I said, it's a lot further conversation.
Speaker 4: That was such a hard Like I thought I would have to sign something because I we're sitting there and being like we're after sign Like, no, we just have to tell you we're releasing you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell your release, you walk you through the process.
Speaker 4: And you know, because that was my only time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, so you did that to me.
Speaker 4: Man, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Man, I needed to.
Speaker 4: First one who you want to first? Go seventy seven? Yeah, that's the guy, get his money. Here's so we're going to freedom fairly quickly. Yeah, we're go get that guy. That was wild because I thought there has to be like some sort of like signing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not it's not too formal, you know, if you will is you know for you, you know, you were still rehabing. So it was one of those things like for a person that's you know, fully healthy, Hey, I'm signing out fully healthy, and then for a player that's rehabbing, it becomes an extended process because now you got to go get images and all these different things. It becomes a much longer process. So that's really the difference in yours and whoever else we did around it.
Speaker 4: We water up this episode to bring you sport clips. Your hair may gro fast, but after going to sport Clips, you're gonna wish it grew even faster. That's because sport Clips is the best seat in men's men's in hair, and that may or may not be because they have to be right in front of TVs playing sports all day every day. We know, watching sports while getting your haircut sure beats the reflection while getting a haircut, which is why sport Clips every day is clippers and curveballs, high tops and hail Mary's and even waves in wickets. If you're to that type of thing, at sport clips, you can check in with the pros and men's hair and totally check out with pure uninterrupted relaxation. So yeah, come watch an endless stream of sports on TV while getting an awesome haircut. Sport Clips, it's a game changer. Let's get back to this episode, but subscribe on subscriber to subscribe.
Speaker 6: Man, what got you into going from player to wanting to get in to the other side of getting into the floor above the front off you.
Speaker 4: Think about a guy out gets cut five times in three years, I feel that's something you want to stay away.
Speaker 1: From more than five times three years. Oh yeah, I played for five teams in three years. I got cut out there exponentially more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it was something that I always knew I wanted to do. I've always been like a big fan of the draft, and before I even knew that that's this was an industry draft, weekend would come. I would go buy the magazines, I get a legal pad, and I would sit in front of TV in my room and try to, you know, based off of me reading these magazines and watching college football, try to predict who was gonna take who. And then you know, my dad played eight years in the league, coach for nineteen and he always wanted to be on the personnel side, but when he was done playing, parcels forced him into coaching, and so my dad all the teams my dad was with when I was in college, when he came down for pro days, whether it was him or someone from the staff, he would say, Hey, you're gonna get up, You're gonna meet them, watch film with them at six in the morning, whatever it was. You're gonna chart their numbers, you know. And so when I was in college, you know, I'm running the stopwatch, you know, and I like went on to Pro day whenever whether it was my dad, I remember one time Tony Sperano got rest his soul, you know, he came down. I remember one year it was Terry Rubisky, you know, when he came down. And so I'm holding I'm running clocks, you know for these guys and being amongst the scouts as they're talking about the different times and everything and charting all this, and then you know, they would ask me questions about my teammates, like hey, what do you think about this guy? Like is he a good teammate? And you know, how do you think? What do you think about him on the field? And so that started it. And then, like I said, when years of service outweighed, when teams outweigh years of service, it was time to transition. I tried to coach. I coached high school ball down in Miami at North Miami Senior High and seven knew probably the first two weeks that that wasn't a route for me. Didn't have a patience for yeah, it didn't have a pay for it. And I quickly knew. I was like, Okay, let me try. So then I started taking workouts with teams because I was like, how else am I going to meet the gym? Like I don't have GM's phone numbers, so I knew I didn't want to play anymore, but teams were still called like, hey, we want to try you out, you know, and so I would go in and do a tryout just to be able to meet the GM and so yeah, and so when they were still and so, they would say, oh, you know, sorry, you know, not going to sign you, and I'm like, cool, yeah, can I get your car because I want to do what you do one day? And that's how I meant less need. I went and did a rookie mini camp tryout with the Falcons. Didn't get a single rep the whole mini camp, which was perfect, and yeah, I was yeah. I was just like now I'm good. And so I remember we were walking out of the front of the building and Less was, you know, hey, hey, thank you, thank you for coming, you know, and I was shook his hand. I was like, hey, man, like let me get your card, you know, let me get your card. I was like, I want to do what you do one day, and He's like, I don't have any on me, but just reach out. And so when I was trying to get back in, I remember that conversation and my agent that I had at the time, Kevin Connor, he had two players on the Falcons team. So I was like, hey, man, like call the teams that you have relationships with and let them know I'm sending cover letters, resumes like all this stuff. And he he called me. He was like, hey, man, I talked to Less. He said, they doesn't have anything, but he wants to bring in an interview and talk with you and interview with it with Les and Thomas de Mitrof and Lino Vital and Dave Calwell, all who I had. With the exception of Thomas, I had different connections with them, unknowingly right, And so about two weeks later, man, let's call me and offer me a job. That's how I got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yo, that's fascinating. Yeah, it's like obviously somebody like that growing up magazines everything else, Like you've loved football for the longest time. And usually, like the guys, once you start playing and you understand the business like getting cut a few times, Like once you understand the teeth of it and how cutthrower can be, it kind of jade you a little bit. As a player. You maintain you're throughout this whole thing. You're maintaining that that love for still wanting to be in the business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean for me, I've been blessed to have great mentors and one of my primary mentors back home in Key West, Bill Spots. Would you know his You know him and his family. They do real estate development amongst other things, and they owned a couple of hotels. And I remember him telling me a story when he was younger, you know, he told his father like, hey, one day, I want to own my own hotel. And his family owned a couple of hotels, and so his father then put him in the business and he worked every level of the hotel from a bellman to run an elevator, to then being behind the counter, and worked his way up until he became owner, you know, of one of the family hotels. And so that's kind of how I see my journey. You know, I've been on the field, I've been a scout, I've been a director, and now I've been a GM So I've worked my way through an organization, you know what I mean. So I've seen it from every level, and it puts me in a position to be able to identify with everybody in the building. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, that's when you're when you finally get that call and say, hey, you want this job, you take it?
Speaker 6: Did you have any idea job.
Speaker 4: Not the GM job, just like the starting out getting into with us everybody. Did you have any idea of like how much of the bitch work and all that that stuff you would have to do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he waser a pointer like is this really what I'm trying to do? Is is this worth it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: No? So the pay pay and listen, I knew I wasn't coming in making forty million dollars, Like, I knew that that's not what the what the job is. And you honestly don't get in the personnel to make money. You know, you get in because you love it and you're passionate about it. But I remember getting the job, and I knew that I was going to have to do a lot of the grunt work. And I wanted to because there was a stigma attached to former players that we don't want to do the menial task, and so I wanted to be able to be the guy that's like, oh Na, like you need me, run to the airport that's an hour away. Cool, I'll you know, run to the airport. That's an hour away and sit in Atlanta traffic, you know, for two hours to get there, just to more so knock down that stigma, to be able to let other former players have a shot, you know, at getting in. But it's like when they when the pay is is what it was, I tell you guys off air, and it's like you're rubbing Nichols together every two weeks like ooh, you know. It's like, man, it's I'm like, I could have been doing a bunch of other things making more money than this. But again, like I said, you don't. You don't get in to make money. You get in for the love of it.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's a testament to your drive about wanting to do something and being in the seat you're in. What is the relationship with Less need the most important relationship you feel like you've made throughout your journey of climbing to where you are now.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely my foundation one. Like I said, everywhere I've been I've been able to foster relationships like my relationship with Less. When he got the GM job at the Rams, he hired me and gave me my first director job. You know. From there, I was able to you know, work with you know, Jeff Fisher, our new de coordinator, Denard Wilson. We worked together at the Rams and the Frank Bushes and the Greg Williams and guys like that. And then transitioned to Sean McVay and his staff coming in and all those guys that we were around, you know, Sean was there, you know, Mattie LeFleur was there, Guys like Aubrey Pleasant, you know, all these guys were around. And then go to San fran and then, I mean shit, in what twenty nineteen our draft room featured I guess now five gms and four head coaches where and we were all in the same draft room in twenty nineteen. And then you develop relationships with guys like Paragua Maraate, you know, who's run the business side for San Francisco for twenty plus years. He was originally hired by Bill Walsh. And then have a guy like that take you under his wing and start showing you the contract side, and you know, working with guys like Koasi Adolpho Mensas showing you how to incorporate analytics in football. Like it's a bunch of different people who've poured into me from a football that's just football. But then you meet people outside of football that poured into you from a business perspective, because we have to remember football is football, right, That's what we've done our whole lives. That's what we came up doing. But at the time, Jerry Richardson was the only owner that had played in the NFL, and so a lot of the owners are come from the business background. So being able to have you know, certain mentors to teach you the business side allows you to speak that language you know, and you know, be on the same page with the owner from a business perspective. So it's been a ton of people that have poured into me to help me get here.
Speaker 6: That's cool, man.
Speaker 4: That is while and it seems like you're very aware of all the people that have helped you and gotten to the point you're at now, which is so awesome. When it comes to the war room on the first draft night, talk to me about the intensity that goes.
Speaker 6: Down in there.
Speaker 4: How like this this draft, we know the Titans want to take a tackle or pull up Bengles and our quarterback got hurt. We're still going to go get a wide receiver type of situation when you guys are sitting there and Callahan, who was on, he said, you guys were happy with Jacon Latham or Joe Walt, Like as it starts ticking and Joe Walt goes out at five, like where is like what's the energy like in that room?
Speaker 1: So it's a ton of work that goes into it beforehand. And I will say, and we were talking about this at the office last week, I will say, of every draft room I've been in, this was probably the most accurate board that I've ever been a part of. From because we rank them vertically, then we rank them horizontally right by position, This was probably the most accurate board.
Speaker 4: Now when you say vertically and horizontally, are you talking about best players vertically?
Speaker 1: Yes, So we have the positions going horizontally right, just straight across split offense, defense. And so if we got quarterbacks here, you know, we rank them vertically, you know, from one to whatever, and you do that for every position, and then you go across horizontally like, okay, is this quarterback better than this receiver? And then you start adjusting the cards as you go. So it's kind of like this as it goes across you know, the board, and so we pretty much knew just based on our research, we knew exactly where the first four picks were going to be. And for us, the draft started at five at the Chargers. And then you get to the spot where you're like, okay, we have three guys you know over these next three picks that we're good with any one of these three. We don't have to make any sudden moves to jump up. You know that it's going to cost us in the future, and so it was it was a way game. We done enough research to know that the Chargers were going tackle, and so you sit there and you're like, okay, which one, and then you start playing the Well, you know, they got Rashaun Slater at left tackle, so I could see JC going because he's played right tackle, you know what I mean. But then you're like, well, you know, the Chargers were at the pro day at Joe Waltz Pro day, and you start hearing like they really like him, and so you're like, yeah, I could see that too. So you start trying to you know, you do that part, but then you got to take it a step further because the Giants are right below you and you're like, well, the Giants have you know, drafted pretty well on the old line and they got some guys and but it's like, all right, well, what if they go what if one of the tackles say whoever they take, whether JC or Joe. But what if the Giants decide We're going to take tackle. I'm like, okay, then that pushes one of the other guys to us, and we got to be comfortable with that. So we work all those scenarios. So when we got there and we're just sitting there and it's like you're you're at the behest of the chargers. So now you start hitting your contacts like, hey, what are you hearing? What do you know? You're hitting your contacts that are in the green room, like, hey, what does it look like over at this table? In this table? And then you know, we so we usually find out a little bit before you know, the it's announced, and so it's like, you know, chargers pick us in and then it shows on our screen and it says Joe out, and so we're like okay, and that before yeah.
Speaker 4: So as soon as they put put the car before Goodell walks up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we know because because the next team is immediately on the clock, and so we're like, okay, and now we wait, you know, to see what the Giants do. And when once we saw that Joe went to the Chargers, we were pretty certain that they were going to take that. The Giants were going to take Neighbors, and so it was like like, all right, you know, say Sagi, you know, get me j C's number. And you know, Sagi's been here h I think this was his nineteenth draft with the team, and he's like, hey, do we want to jinx it? And I was like, listen, if we got to rip it up, we rip it up. And then we called the next person, you know what I mean. I was like, but just have it ready, and so he got me the got me the number, and we waited, and when they took Neighbors, I was like, all right, we got the big fellow.
Speaker 6: When you know you're going to take JC and the teams behind you don't have a needed tackle is there? Like are you trying to act till you figure out? Like, hey, y'all want to come up?
Speaker 1: No, it was some teams like that called and they were like, hey, like we're interested in coming up? Was no, because for me. It was like, we're not going to pass on a dude that we think like super highly of, like just to gain like move back a couple of spots. And yeah, it was it was we feel the calls probably the first five minutes we were on the clock, just to see, you know, if anything was gonna blow us away, and didn't, didn't come close, and so we picked up the phone and called a big fella and was damn happy to get him.
Speaker 6: What's been the craziest draft room moment?
Speaker 4: You've been a part of Everyone here watching right now sinking about the movie Draft Day, Yeah, tradings.
Speaker 6: Move and maybe the place talk about one of where the players not playing anymore where you could talk about it.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'll tell you. Last year, we get on the clock in the third round and Raves and I are sitting there and we're discussing, like hey man, I'm like, let's go running back you know right here, and you're looking on the board and you know, we were like, hey, let's let's go with the Tulane kid, you know, Taj. So then a team calls and they're like, hey, we're interested in coming to the to your pick, and they made an offer and so we had like, I have these screens in front of me that has like the trade calculator, and so you know, I started looking at what. I was like, no, that's not gonna get it.
Speaker 6: Is your trade calculator, like like it's just green green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's I don't know because I don't I don't play I don't play Mad. To click it in, yeah, I'm like, I don't play Madden like that, but it's like similar. So there's like there's a bunch of different ones that you can use trade charts, but mostly everybody used the Jimmy Johnson trade chart, so just clicking through it. I told him that offer didn't work, and then I was like, but hey, if you give us this this and the next year's this, then yeah we could do it. And then the guy, the guy who I was speaking to, he was like, no, we you know, we'd be out. I was like, all right, cool, we're gonna make the pick. So I tell sag I'm like, hey, can you give me tay J. Spears number. I think by this time it's probably let's just say three minutes on the clock, and I'm literally downing the number. Hit the last number that team calls back and they're keep calling. They want to do the deal, the one that you proposed and one that I proposed. They said no, And then they came back right as we're calling to accept the deal, you know, and I'm like, it's too late, so pick up the phone answers. He's like hello, and all I say is and he goes crazy, like screaming. Everybody in the family everybody's cheering, and I'm like, yo, like I haven't said anything yet, and he's like, let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, hey, man, like hold on, like you know, let's let's talk. And he's going he's.
Speaker 4: Going crazy thinking about taking the deal.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not going.
Speaker 4: You're about to be like hold on.
Speaker 1: But then click phone hangs up, and so I'm like, call back. So I called back. My bad, My bad, my bad. Hey, y'all got to shut up, and so I'll get back. I'm like, hey, man, you know, call him like, hey, we're gonna take you with this pic. And everybody's still going crazy. By this time, it's like I see it now. It's one forty eight on the clock, before we run out of time. Click phone hangs up again. And at this point I look at Vin Marino, I'm like, just turn it in. Like we've tried him and his family to see it, come up on it, Like, just turn it in. So we called back again and he's like, man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was like, well, hold on, I said, I'm gonna let you talk to coach Rabes, and of course, you guys know Rabes. Rabes gets on the phone. He's like, hey, listen, man, if this is the start of your NFL career, you're not getting off on the good foot, you know what I mean. Yeah, And they talked for a little bit and then I mean, obviously Taja is great, you know, it's just super good. Dude works his behind off. But that was like a crazy.
Speaker 6: Are you thinking? Like as you're down the number and then the team wants to accept whatever the trade is as a party is like I've already dialed the number.
Speaker 1: I can now And that's always my thought process. It's like once I make up my mind to pick, like I'm it's it's over, you know, like I'm I'm moving on, Like I'm not entertaining that, And I mean for us, you know, obviously you document everything. You got a camera right in your face as you're doing this, so you got to maintain maximum composure, you know. And it's uh but again, like once once we make our mind up to pick, we're picking.
Speaker 4: So what we talk about the camera? Man, I think about that aj brownshade, Yeah, ver Able standing up walking kind of doing one of these things right here. That was It's one of those not composure moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and and again it's it's you know, because you have, you know, you have a responsibility to your fan base to try to give them as much as possible and show them everything that you're doing. But when it's when it's that now I'm what I'm feeling on the inside versus what's being shown could be totally different. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, and everybody has their little things that they do. You know, I have a baseball that I'm usually like have with me, whether I'm you know, squeezing the hell out of the baseball, you know, underneath the table or whatever the case may be. I remember, you know, Less would have his little shards of paper that he's just kind of ripping up. I know, Jeff Fisher had a lucky coin. You know that he had with him, you know, on draft night. So everybody has their little their little deals to just you know, help them keep composure.
Speaker 6: You mentioned earlier like this is the most accurate board you've ever ever been a part of. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: From just from the way that we had them ranked to how they came off the board. You know, so some teams, everybody does it different. Some teams stack the board just for them in how they see it and who fits them, you know. So there may be some good players that are not on your board because it doesn't fit your scheme, and you have some teams that stack it based on Okay, this is how we think they're gonna you know, come off the board, and for us, we stack it for us. You know, we don't care what everybody else think. We stacked the board for us. And as we're sitting there and we're watching, I mean, it was I mean, I think everybody felt Caleb Williams was going number one, so you knew that how that was gonna go. But then as we started going positionally you're looking and they were just coming off, you know, the exact way we predicted it to, which which is ultimately what led us, you know, in the second round at thirty eight, you know, to take big sweat, you know there, and what I like to do, you know, particularly with miss Amy and Kenneth, is you know, leading up to the draft, like, hey, come on in, let us show you the board and here and we're gonna we're gonna talk through every position and this is where we think. This is how it's gonna go. And we got to the second round. We met earlier that morning and it was like, Hey, this is what I think. This is how the second round is gonna unfold. Once this team here is gonna pick this, and then once they picked this, it's gonna be a run at this position, and then it's gonna be a run here, and then it'll be this, and then once this person goes there's gonna be another run. And it just went exactly.
Speaker 6: I didn't know if you meant every whoever's a part of the entire draft process. You guys all kind of accurately saw it the same versus you're like, all the times you've been in the with all the different teams in all different.
Speaker 1: Years, I'll tell you what is different pages. There's I'm pretty sure there's been other times in my career, but the one that comes to mind for me the first time I've ever seen, I say, the first time I've ever seen all the scouts and all the coaches have the exact same grade and thought on a player was Rob Havenstein when he came out of Wisconsin and I was at the RAMS and we took him in the second round. He had consistently the same grade by every single person in our organization. That that was the first time I've ever seen it. I don't I can't remember seeing it recently and again. And sometimes it's I mean, most of our grades are color you know, they're color based with the number and decimal system in between. And sometimes you have like everybody thinks, this guy is a red starter, this guy's gonna be a good starter for a long time. Red is good?
Speaker 4: Is it the best color? No?
Speaker 1: Blue? Blue chip? Yeah? Blue is blue is the you know, And a lot of times, yeah, a lot of times we talk in colors, right, hey man, this guy is a red player, he's a blue player, and so we talking colors. And so sometimes even within the red, the red grade, it's like a couple of couple of decimals, So it's different levels of red. But then to have for every single body, every single person to have the same exact number grade in color grade on on a guy was It was like a cool thing to see.
Speaker 4: You know how you can figure out exactly what the draft is going to happen. You just hire as the mentalist.
Speaker 1: You know what. I didn't see the clip, but I see all his I'm a big YouTube short guy because I don't have social media, and so I see all his stuff and I just think it'll be so dope to hope he's watching. Uh to have him come in during camp?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, who else he's Yeah, he's he showed you see he predicted the first thirteen picks.
Speaker 6: No, bro, No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: Oh he like did? I think it was the Raiders And he was like Raiders brought bours at thirteen and then he had a small little sheet next to us are unraveling. It was like trade here this pic, this pick, this pick, every single pick, the first thirteen picks.
Speaker 1: Someone has that he's going to have to be our consultant.
Speaker 4: Yeah he comes in, Lets WoT year, That's what I'm saying. They're going to pick this guy. But he has to do it an elaboratory single time.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine how funny it would be just to show him in our draft room standing over Cali and I shoulder, like the camera, Yeah, bro, this this is our secret weapons.
Speaker 4: Finally it's like, this is your pick. It's like he was right, Yeah, it was our pick.
Speaker 6: Dude. What was your thought on the Atlanta Falcons taking Pinnix GM chair. You kind of see too the video of the owner talking to Terry the GM and people are kind of like saying whatever, like, oh wonder what this conversation?
Speaker 1: That's I kid you not like we had a we had an inkling that that was going to happen, that they were going to take him. You got to understand our assistant GM, Anthony Robinson, he just came from Atlanta, so he spent his whole career in Atlanta. I started my career in Atlanta, you know, with him, So you kind of get a feel for how things are done organizationally, regardless of who's running it. But we we probably about two weeks prior we were we were sitting around, we were talking about all them. We called it team Needs and we're kind of going through it, and we were like quarterback, and it was like, so you start playing with it, and then it kind of became clear. It was like, man, like they really could go pandis right here. And so when it happened, I wish you could see, like our room, we kind of like a couple of us kind of looked at each other like so it wasn't a real surprise to us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how do you Obviously there are so many variables, but as a GM, like how do you see that pick for like Atlanta? I mean it's a wild question. How do you feel that?
Speaker 1: No, under I mean I understand. Yeah, I understand, because you you always have to have a plan for the future, and that's at every position, right. I mean I can remember because you study other people's drafts, right, you study how people do it, you know, organizationally, teams that like like Seattle with John Schneider, they've done a good job of always staying you know ahead. Mickey Loomis in New Orleans is usually the first one that comes to mind for me, especially when they were rolling. They had Drew and Sean Payton was there. They always drafted a year ahead of a need, so you had a young guy there. You think back when they had Jeremy Shockey, they draft Jimmy Graham in the third. You know, all the those times they had, you know, guys up front. I remember when they took Andre's Pete played them at guard early, then he became the tackle. Like they they always drafted year ahead of need. They did it at corner, they did it at receiver, they did it at running back, where you might look heavy at that position. But then the next year they move on from a guy or guys a free agent, they don't pay them, and then they got the next guy already he's already been in the system for a year, and now you just step into your row.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, it feels like to be in that spot of being able to draft the head. You have to do so well in the drafts, you know, leading up to it, like you hit on guys, you have a good room, because if not, you have a glaring hole that it's like, well, we can't really afford the draft to head.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, they tell you all the time, like when you're coming up in this business and you're learning, like the draft is where it happens, is where you really build your team, and you know you you cut your teeth and you you make your way building through the drafts, you know, because it gives you, you know, such leeway, like we don't we're not able to make the free agent moves we made if we have to pay our quarterback fifty million, you know, right, So we got a good, you know, promising young quarterback who's on a rookie deal. What gives us more room to kind of build around him? Now? Prayer forly. You know he's gonna flip soon, and you know he plays extremely well and you know his his contract you know, shows that. And so now it's back to us building through the draft because we're going to have to surround him with young talented players because you can't go out and pay you know, everybody, you know, especially with the with the with the cost of doing business now, you know, you can't afford to pay everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you're going through the draft and stuff like that, I feel like a lot of owners want to be more part of it or less a part of it and kind of give their opinion more oftentimes than not. How is miss Amy when it comes to the draft, How does she handle it?
Speaker 1: She's the best because miss Amy is miss Amy. She trusts. When she hires you to do a job, she trusts you to do the job. And so she doesn't come in and say, hey, no, let's make this guy number one, or I like this guy more. She just wants to know the why. And so that's why we do a good job. I think of over communicating with her. And we bring her in a couple of days before the draft and we show her the entire board. Here's why, you know, we like this guy, here's where we think this guy can fit. And it's just a group of us in the room. We close the door, we lock it, and we're in there for a couple of hours and we explain the whole board to her and again, and when once she sees it and she sees how it's unfolding, and it's unfolding the way you said it would, and now she has a little bit more trust in you, you know, and so she just she trusts us to do our job, which is the best.
Speaker 4: Have you seen it the other way where owners come in and they're a little more won their finger on the pulseter want to make the decision.
Speaker 1: Well not because I've been with what four clubs, I've never seen it to where the owners lie like, hey, we should take this guy. But I've seen, you know, I've seen it where the owner not only wants to know the why, but he's like are we sure? Or if a player goes like, hey, why didn't we take this guy? You know, I've seen that you know that question before, But I've never been in a place where the owners like, you know, hey, I watched tape last night and I like this kid.
Speaker 6: Do they come do?
Speaker 4: A lot of the owners come in kind of well versed in what's going on in that first round?
Speaker 1: Yeah and yeah, And I think I think I'm not going to make it seem like we're the only ones that communicate with our owner, because I think all gms communicate with their owner and what they like. But I think everybody informs their owners of hey, here the here the pot of guys that we like at this pick, and so they're aware. I won't give our secrets of what we do, but I miss Amy's well informed. You know, every guy heading into to the draft.
Speaker 6: How do you feel like your role as GM has developed from year one to year two, because you've obviously had a different you had very last year. You have Callahan this year, talk about those relationships, talk about how your rules developed. As a GM.
Speaker 1: I think my role has developed. It's just developed more because I'm more comfortable. I have another, you know, a year doing it last year. Last year, I couldn't imagine doing it without Rapes, you know, because he was He's a vet, you know, one of the smartest you know, football minds I've ever been around. And just having him there to bounce things off of, you know, because I don't. I don't give them what position you're in. You've never done it till you've done it. You know, you can read every book there is. You know, I can go and read every book there is on how to play basketball, but I've never played basketball till I've been out there on that court. And and so that's how it was for me in a GM spot. But I had a guy in Mike that I can go and say, hey, man, like how does this part work? You know, I'm not sure you know about this? And so this year I'm more comfortable because there are more things that have come up, like okay, like I know how to handle that and you know, go through that phase of it. But that's the that's really it. Like the more time on task, the more comfortable you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be with Mike and his departure from the Titans, it seemed a little bit abrupt because I think as a as a fan base, Jackie McPherson with the Titans hat in the back, he's been a longtime Titans fan. A lot of people were saying like, oh, okay, we obviously have issues because we're not wanting a whole lot of games and Mike's not the problem. And then shortly after the season end, Mike, Mike is gone. How was that transition for y'all? How how are those discussions?
Speaker 1: For what you can say, I'd say it was it was. It was tough. That day was really tough. I speak personally. It was one of those you know, and this is just being full transparent, you know. When it happened, I called my wife and I was like, hey, like this this just happened. And the first thing my wife says is, you know, you need to call Rea, which is my daughter. And I'm like why She was like, because she doesn't need to hear that coach got fired from one of the kids in school, you know, because my kids don't have social media, and so my daughter had a really close relationship with Mike. And if you look on her screensaver on her phone right now, it's a picture of her and Mike, you know, and that hasn't changed. And so, you know, not only to have that happen to him, but to now I got to communicate this to my daughter, you know, and then to have my he's now seven year old son who he thinks he's the GM and the owner and the head coach. He legitimately when he got out of school, my wife told him and he was like, like, what are you doing? Like my son said this to me, you know what I mean. And so it was tough, you know, it was tough. And then to you know, go out out and you know, you again, I'm not on social media, but you can feel heat, you know what I mean? You can you can feel heat. And I knew what it was, but I also knew that it was, you know, unfortunate that it happened. And I and and again listen, Mike will be coaching at no time. You know, he'll be back on the sideline in no time. And he's going to do well wherever he goes, because that's just in his DNA and who he is. But you know, I knew after that happened, it was no time to sit back and soak and you know, lick your wounds. It was like, we have to deliver the next guy, you know, and how and it was a man that happened on a Tuesday. And literally you work through Tuesday night putting the list together. And mind you, I've never interviewed a head coach before, you know what I mean. So then now yeah, and so now it's like you spend you spend Tuesday identifying a list, right, and that's a lot of convers stations with a lot of people. You do that until Wednesday, and then you get the request out to the clubs because it's that time of year everybody's trying to interview. And then you spend all day Wednesday, all night Wednesday, all through Thursday putting the structure in the interview together, also scheduling interviews, and then boom, Friday, you have your first interview, you know what I mean. And so oddly enough, CALLI was our first interview, and so you try to for me personally, I was like, you know, we need to be ahead of the curve, you know, when it comes to it we need to be ahead of the whole hiring cycle because there were so many jobs open, and we were like, you don't want to get behind in this phase. And so we were you know, we were very detailed and you know, we took a really good approach to it. You know. However, it was like it was pretty clear, you know, once we with Cali that he was the guy.
Speaker 6: I got a two part question as you were experiencing the interview process for the first time, what do you feel like ended up being the most important question in the interview? And then the second question is what jumped out about Cali? That was like, we can't really let him hypothetically leave the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think the biggest thing for me, And again I've been around Rabes, I've been around Kyle Shanahan, I've been around Jeff Fisher, been around Sean McVay. These guys are excellent at situational football, you know, just overall just situations of the game. And so it was talking about concepts like that, you know, in the interview, but then you follow it up with who's your coaching staff? Who's your coaching staff going to be? And again, anybody can come in and say, you know, I'm gonna hire Vince Lombardi be my head coach, Bill Belichick's gonna be the decordinator, and Bill Walsh is gonna be my offensive coordinator. You know, but who can you really deliver? And the one thing that stood out with CALLI was he had a depth chart of coaches. And I'm not saying when I say a depth chart, I don't and he literally had a three deep. But it wasn't just like, all right, I want this guy, and if I can't get this guy, then this guy's the backup, and if I can't get him, do this. No, he had these are three tier one, here's three tier two, here's three tier three. And he had that for every single position. And so you knew looking at that, like this guy's put a lot of thought process into this, you know, and he's well thought out. He's well researched. And I can say, because I was looking at it the other day, like we legitimately got number one on every one of his positions.
Speaker 4: Damn he had his old man.
Speaker 1: He did not. He did not have his old man on the list. He was And I talked in the interview, I was like, hey, man, elephant in the room. What's up with pops? Are we trying to heat And he was like, hey, man, honestly, we haven't had the conversation. He said, we talked about it briefly last year and just ultimately decided that it wasn't the best thing. And he was like, we haven't had the conversation. Man.
Speaker 4: That's perfectly aligned with what he said, because he had said the same thing, like when the opportunity might have come up last year, his dad was essentially like no. And then after when he gets this job, his dad calls me. I was all, think about it without even any context.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, about it.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest with you. I've because I I called Bill, I called him big coach. I've asked big coach. You know. I was like, there was it ever a thing, because I know from my dad my dad always wanted to coach me, and my dad ended up being my position coach in Dallas and that lasted two weeks, you know, and it was like this is not gonna work. Is and it didn't work. But you know, he was like, he said, Bill told me. He said. It wasn't until I watched this press conference that I really started thinking about it really yeah, he said, it wasn't until he watched the press.
Speaker 4: His press call was a little bit emotional talking about his wife and everything, and it was really cool to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I said this, and you know, when you guys come around like this coaching staff is it's it's something man like the defensive staff they are they're their own people, and our offensive staff and just you know, just to be through the building and the energy and the juice you know that's in the building, and it's just it's just been cool. And again, you I know some of these guys because I've worked with them, and a lot of guys I don't know. But I mean we're a couple of months in and it feels like I've known these dudes forever.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you feel like that was that was one that's been one of the bigger differences, the juice and energy with the staff and in the building.
Speaker 1: Well, I say this, I say the I know when CALLI was putting his staff together, and the cool you know thing that he afforded me was he was like, hey, man, like I don't want to just hire people, right, just hire my buddies. He was like, I want you to feel good about the coaches that I want. He was like, so let's interview them. And he was like, I want you in the interview to ask as many questions, you know. And so everybody that we brought in, like I was a part of interviewing them and getting to know them. And so you feel that. But the one thing that CALLI talks about a lot is connectiveness. And he was like, in our staff, we have to be the example of that for our locker room, you know what I mean. And so it's those guys are always together, never not together, you know. And like I said, it's just a cool group of dudes, and it's competitive as competitive as hell. We even have like a four thirty workout group with our strength coach, and it's like anywhere from ten to twelve of us at four thirty. And listen, when I'm out there, it looks pitiful, you know, like running hundreds and you know, all these things. But it's another way for us to connect, you know, and build together. And I think the players see it, you know, and feel like, hey man, these dudes are really together and they're not just talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sick to see that. You guys are gonna line because it seems like that's always like a main thing of the downfall of a program, whether it's college or NFL, like the ad and the head coach don't get along, that falls apart, and then inevitably both of them are on and with you and Kelly, it just seems like just hearing you guys both talk. So because we've shot these episodes within what two days. Hearing you guys both talk, you seem so aligned on the vision and what you guys want to do. But it took a lot to get there. You look at the end of this past season and you're looking at a pretty destroyed roster. The King leaves, you know, you're missing a lot of pieces, and it's essentially like an everest to build up. And now we're sitting in the middle of May, and you guys are the Titans are in the best position in the world because you look at the power rankings of the NFL and everyone thinks you guys are shit. But if I were to read you a list of your roster and you'd say, is this team gonna be good or bad? Just talent alone, It's like these boys can come. They got something cooking over there. So truly the best position you can possibly be in in May before the coming up football season. Like, what when you were looking at this big project going into twenty twenty four, where was the starting point for y'all?
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, the starting point it didn't start when Cali got here, you know what I mean, because the free agency work, the free agency part, it was, the front end of the work was done in December, you know, with the staff that we have, and so when Cali came obviously scheme changes, so some players are shifted in move like okay, this guy fits better, you know now, And so that's the that's the adjustment. The cool thing that him and his staff did when they came in. They we all met all our scouts and we're lucky because all of our college scouts lived here in town, and so we had our whole staff and the whole coaching staff. And then they showed us. They put highlight tapes together positional profiles. Hey, look, I want my left tackle to look like this. This height, this weight, this arm length, this speed. Here are the traits that we're looking for with the examples right, and so now you know, we get to see it. We get to see the visual. Okay, well, now we know what they're looking for in each one of these positions on the team, and it makes it easier for us to go hunt and go find it. So that makes our job easier. But just even looking at it, it's like, you know, obviously to you know, uh, lose a player like Derek, Like that was the number one question I got the most when I was around town, Like, hey, better than I let Derek leave? Or what's going on with Derek? Like I understand the magnitude of that because in my mind, you know, prior to coming here, when you thought about the Tennessee Titans, you thought about Mike Rabel, you thought about Dereck Henry, you know, and Taylor la One, you know, and so cornerstone you know what I mean, Cornerstone people chargers, and so you know that's these guys are are are identifying factors for this football team and the way the football team played, and so you want to keep some of that. But then it's like, all right, how are we going to build this in Cali's image? And what is it gonna take for his scheme? And so you have to make the tough decisions, you know what I mean, and you have to be aligned, you know, in those decisions, and so we start piecing it together. And then again you and you hear me talk about it a lot is relationships, you know. I mean, if you look at our free agency class, there are relationships all along the way. You get a Calvin Ridley because you have a relationship, you know, or I'm not even gonna say we had a relationship. We created one, you know, out of thin air. And being able to just be relatable is what got him here. You know, cheat oh Bay he was with Cali for how many years in Cincinnati, so he kind of knows what the program is going to be. You know. Tony Pollard's from Memphis, you know, wanted the opportunity to raise his kids, you know, at home, you know where he grew up. Gives you a leg up, you know, all these things, you know, coming to play, and like I said, this city in this state is it's like you said, it's slept On. You know, it's slept On. I've never been anywhere in the in the National Football League where all your scouts lived in the town like that is an that's a one competitive advantage. And then think about just historically you weren't drafted here, But where do you live now?
Speaker 6: In Nashville.
Speaker 1: Every player that comes here, whether they were drafted here, signed a long term deal or a one year deal, they come here and they stay. Yeah, and so it's weird.
Speaker 6: You see a lot of the tight ends too, and the off season kid on them.
Speaker 1: Like everybody comes here. So it's a competitive advantage and we just put ourselves in position to take advantage of that, you know what I mean. And like you said when we were walking up to the bus, like it's like an unwritten thing with this city, you know. And we'll say higher profile people like those people feel comfortable here. The people in the city show you love, but they respect your space. And so everybody here you feel a part of the community. I'm leaving my daughter's flag football game a couple of weeks ago, and I looked at my wife and I was like, of all the places we've ever lived, like, I feel a part of the community here when I'm at her games. My standing with the team, none of that matters. I'm just one of the crazy dads in the stands giving the refs. Hell, you know what I mean. And I don't have to wear Titans GM hat. I'm just Rhya's dad, you know, at the game, and I'm cheering, like my daughter's team they won, They won a championship for the third year in a row for a girl's flag, and I'm standing on the top of the stands screaming three peat and got the crowd going. And you know what I mean, Like my daughter hurt her back in one of the tournament games. I'm down there stretching her out, you know what i mean. Like, I'm just being a dad, and I think this city is what allows that to happen. Like I don't have to always feel on if you will, I could just be one of the people. And that is a true competitive vantish about being here when.
Speaker 4: You look at you, Bob, Calvin Ridley, and I think when I think that Calvin Ridley obviously is an awesome talent and wrongly accused for gambling as well, but that's a different story. He goes from the Jags to hear and during this press conference he's like, honestly, I want to stay with the Jaguars as you see that as a pro or a con when hearing that statement, because to me, it's like, now, you know two times a year. He's got those, he's got those games circled because they you get in your delusional football mind that we've all had use that as oh, they didn't want me, when maybe the number was just a little too big.
Speaker 1: No, I'll be I'll be perfectly honest with you. Everything was comparable, you know. And he had the he had the option to go back, whether the numbers. I'm good, appreciate the offer though Southern hospitality. He had the option to go wherever he wanted to go. But I think it's more of a positive in that we made him comfortable, you know, coming here, and then the lesson of the deal was again here Nashville, Tennessee. His wife's family from Huntsville. I got to know that right down the road, you know, makes it an easy transition for her to still be Now you're closer to your family, you know. And so it again competitive advantage being here in Nashville.
Speaker 6: Looking for an assistant with your credit card but can't get a hold of anyone. Luckily, with twenty four to seven US based live customer service from Discover, everyone has the option to talk to a real person anytime, day or night. Yes, you heard that, right. You can talk to a real human and customer service anytime. Sounds like a real game changer if you ask the boys, make the right call and get the service you deserve. With Discover limitations apply see terms a Discover dot com slash credit card. I have a tier talk for my tier talk for rand is you rank them your top three. You can throw an honorable mentions you started three.
Speaker 1: Don't know where this is going.
Speaker 6: I think you'll have fun with it. But your tear talk of your the best like scouted players you've seen in your years, in.
Speaker 1: My years, Uh, I'm gonna say that I was of the teams that I played for. And I know I'm gonna get hell for this because I have a lot of good relationships with all these dudes.
Speaker 4: Started three.
Speaker 6: If there's one that you're like, damn, he doesn't make it, but shout him out, that's an honorables all right.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, and it's it's the I'll give you the little synopsis behind it. I'll say damn, all right. Three Todd Gurley coming off of torn a c L. I thought he was still the best player in that draft class and just was what it was, and he had that show run in the league. But man, he was explosive and dynamic. And the problem Number two Nick Bosa outside of my number one, I don't think I've ever seen anybody play with the type of hand use, you know, in leverage he has. Nick has this unique thing. And you know Taylor as a tackle to be able to catch the elbow and catch the wrists at like a super high rate, like it's his hand eye is unreal.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Number one, Aaron Donald, I think that was easy, man, child, goat if you will. Uh. What I was going to add in before I thought about one was Fred Warner honorable? Mentioned? What makes Fred to me is Fred never played in the box in college. He was like a big nickel where he aligned over the slot. And you know, shout out to Robert Salah and Demico Ryans. They had a vision for being able to put him in in the box. Third round pick, rookie starting at mike, making all the calls and all the checks. And obviously Fred is Fred is Fred, you know. And when the schedule came out the other day, my son, my oldest, shout out to my boys Roman and Reese. Roman says, So when we played the Niners in the preseason, Can I wear my Fred Warner jersey? And I'm like, I was like, I said, I said, you call Fred because he's my son. Is boys with Fred, like they talk all the time. I say, you call Fred, and then Fred get you tickets and you sit with Fred's family, then yes you could wear your Fred So by all means, but those would be my four shout out to d I think he created a position in football, and I think he he helped usher in a new way of what we call positionless football. You know that I've been a part of. Damn. I left Big trend Out.
Speaker 4: I was thinking I was going to bring that up.
Speaker 1: I left Big trend Out.
Speaker 4: Arguably the best player in the league a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean he's yeah, he's you see him do stuff and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, like that against the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that I didn't want to, you know, yeah, And I'm glad it wasn't. It wasn't Isaiah Simmons. I won't say I wasn't. No, I know who it was, and I don't want to say his name. We'll say it right, No.
Speaker 4: Pull it up, pull it up. Well, just were not talking about it, but just pull up Williams because that not only is that an extreme explosion and I'm amazing content contact, it's also one of those deals where to take the risks to run full speed at a linebacker and hope you hit them. But he's a crazy that's a crazy look at him, just man?
Speaker 1: Was that like, you don't expect a human of that size to get on you that.
Speaker 4: We're in a four eight.
Speaker 6: Forty not bad body ball, but he is truly mentor You know this.
Speaker 4: Do you do this cat personally?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know him personally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've been doing it. You've been doing an amazing job of not saying names. Yeah, like that's your you're pros pro in that way.
Speaker 6: Do what's the most fascinating thing or something that you experienced in the front office world that you think players would be intrigued to know.
Speaker 1: Most intrigued and fascinating.
Speaker 6: Whether it has to do with contracts.
Speaker 1: So I just think learning the business and the one thing we hear and I'm sure you guys will say, hey, man, it's the business. I hate that term because I think saying it's a business, for lack of a better way to say it, I feel it's a cop out because it doesn't allow you to deal with the emotion of what you're feeling. And I think you're allowed to feel a certain type of way. But when you say, oh, man, you know it's it's it's a business, then that gives you that cop out of like okay, like it's supposed to happen. But I think if if more guys were in my position to have exposure to how the business works, and they would understand like, oh okay, I see it clearing now, like myself, Like, and I'm sure you felt the same way as fellow undrafted guys. You first round guys don't have nothing.
Speaker 6: He's got the red blue cardsdrafted cards. Hours, yeah, just white like.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 6: Will come.
Speaker 4: Do you remember evaluating Will Compton?
Speaker 1: I wrote you, I will find the report, and I was I would text it to right, but I will tell you this. When I was doing my draft process, like again, I'm realistic, I know what it was, I was like, I'm at least a third rounder, right, you know what I mean, I'm at least a third rounder. And then I remember, no, you can't make this up. I got a call in the fifth round from a team, says we're taking you with our next pick. And I'm in the room and I'm with my now wife, and my mom and my brother were in the living room, and so I was like, okay, cool, like I'm excited. And my wife had just got accepted into grad school in that same city, and so I was like, this is perfect. And I got up to go tell my mom and I was like, you know, I'm gonna let me see it on TV. Yeah, And I sit there and they announced the pick and it wasn't me, and I look at her and then the team called right back last minute we decided to Oh and long story short, I don't think that player made it through the season with him because I ended up playing with him somewhere else and so like and hen I end up becoming really good friends. But a man I had smoked for him.
Speaker 4: Bro fifth round too, walking through, walking down.
Speaker 1: But again I thought I was going to be, you know, wanted to be a first rounder.
Speaker 6: Right, but at least and you played too, like, you know, hey, we could be one of those like Bill Belichick just randomly draft somebody in the higher rounds and just come out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: And listen, I had I had I knew what the signing bonus was going to be, and I'm like, okay, this is how we gonna allocate the money and yeah, we're gonna you know, planning it out.
Speaker 6: And now, dude, you play with your You played four your dad for two weeks in Dallas off the heat and he cut you.
Speaker 1: No. Luckily enough, I had got cut by Indy. This was my rookie year. I would Dallas on the practice squad. My dad was my running back coach. Our running back room was Eddie George Julius Jones was their second round pick that year. We had Richie Anderson. Yeah that was awful. That was like my worst football experience. Me and my dad got into a fight. Now it wasn't at like we had a We went back and forth on the field to the point where Parcels was like, all right, that's enough, and so I can tell this story. It's funny. But my dad shout out to Frank Paranho because he loves his story.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: My dad was chirping across the field with chirping back and forth, and so Richie is like, hey, little bro, like come on, man, like you know Dad loves you. So I say some choice words about that, and then my dad yells across, Hey, Richie slapping. So I yelled back, I'm like, no, you slap me. Yeah, So whatever, I go home and now I'm like, I'm gonna know the whole playbook. Like he's never gonna be able to say nothing to me. I'm gonna know it better than him. Mind you, I'm living with him, right I'm on the couch. I'm on the couch and I'm highlighting and taking notes and I'm tearing this playbook up. And so I doze off and I'm sleep and I hear the door open. But my cousin lived there too, so I was like, it's just Chris. Then now I'm like oh, and I look up and my dad standing over me, and he's like, I slapped you, now what? And so I started laughing and I'm like, he's like, what you laughing for? You? You said slap you? I slapped you. You didn't do nothing, Now what I was like, I won? He was like, how did you win? I was like, because it's been on your mind ever since I said it. And I'm like I was like, and you know what, I was like, now you better take your ass back to the office before Parcelles finds out you not there. I was like, and I will call him right now and tell him to you better get your ass back to the He was and then literally like that was like, uh, that was like a Thursday. That happened Wednesday or Thursday. And then the following week the coach called to bring me back on the roster, and so my they sent my dad home to like talk me into stand and my dad was like, son, you gotta go. He was like, because not only is this gonna give your opportunity to actually play, he was like, but for the sake of our relationship, you gotta get the hell out of here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't jac or Joel, who would it be.
Speaker 1: We'll talk off.
Speaker 6: Before we let him go, because he's got a roll. Uh, you have a twisted question for him. He's GM's not the head man. That's a that's a that's a question specifically for the head coaches they cut their piece off for a Super Bowl? Would you.
Speaker 1: I got five kids?
Speaker 6: So you would?
Speaker 1: I said, I got five kids. So I just said I have five kids.
Speaker 6: All right, we just need you to say yes.
Speaker 1: I said, I just got we got that insurance.
Speaker 4: I got five five kids is a lot of kids.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 6: But this twisted question is brought to us by Twisted Tea, the most refreshing hard iced tea out there, made with five percent alcohol, real brew tea full of flavor, very refreshing, goes down smooth because there's no carbonation, fuels fun, and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. The perfect alcohol beverage for game day with a tailgating, watching at a bar, watching with friends at home. Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted with the boys. Grab one today Mitch hit Ryan with the twisted question. For the love of God, let's hope we have something on.
Speaker 1: Your face because myself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this one comes from Sammy, who we just had on the bus. Uh, would you all rather you fly? You always have to sit in the middle seat or you're always stuck behind that slow car whenever you're driving. So you either whenever you fly, you're always on the middle seat, or you're always stuck behind the slowest car.
Speaker 6: We're sorry, Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Know, no, I was middle seat. Give me the middle seat, and I absolutely despise the middle seat.
Speaker 6: It's never it's awful, but no, and it's not all the time you're driving like you. We try to tell them to think through these before you ask, what do you do?
Speaker 8: My answer, you're not flying as much as you're.
Speaker 4: Driving, right, Yeah, so it's a it's a middle seat on the plane, Javan Peerson. Any questions, Yeah, before we let them go.
Speaker 2: We asked Cali this question yesterday. But you being with the Titans forever year now you will understand this. Is there a way to bring back the OG pain Trained video that we play at the beginning of the fourth quarters because we changed it two years ago. The fan base needs the OG one back.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm not familiar with the O G.
Speaker 6: Do you remember?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's Terry Tate office linebacker. He goes the pain trains coming and then does the woohoo thing and then Johnny cash fullsome prison blues, right yeah, starts playing.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 4: This is awesome.
Speaker 1: I have to do.
Speaker 4: Can we bring that back?
Speaker 1: We might be able to do something.
Speaker 2: And can busting with the Boys be the twelfth Titan and swing the sword of Owner?
Speaker 1: That would be pretty sweet. I'm not gonna lie there we go. I think you guys, we have the I think the crowd will go nuts to see. Now here's the thing we have with these two. We gotta cut the mic. It's got, it's got, it's gotta be it's got to be a delay so we can at least have the Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very fair to say. I will say this. Every college we go to, every like we were at in Atlanta, every spot organization we go to, it's like they're always like, hey, we're down for you guys to do this. We've seen some of your stuff. You could just be on your best behavior. We could. We're capable. We're capable. It will be on our best behavior.
Speaker 1: Like I said, just they might need they might the.
Speaker 6: MINSI button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might need to have that button seven second delay. We appreciate you coming on, no, man, I appreciate you boys. Man man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Tell you this bus and all of us in here are so excited about what the times we're doing. We're so stoked on what you've done in free agency, in the draft, all the things about jaycon Latham coming out in the to your draft has been so positive. People should be excited nation Tennessee about what's coming.
Speaker 1: This I appreciate it, man. I just think in the grand scheme of things, it's it's our job to provide this the city in the state with something to cheer for, you know what I mean. It's something that can identify with. So let's just stay healthy and get to September.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a chance that we can get Will Compton a work out in October?
Speaker 6: In December?
Speaker 1: Let's say December December.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want to do that. You want to do it before Thanksgiving because you know what you're doing.
Speaker 6: Work out October. Potential sign in December.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can. You can go over the Fitness nineteen. They got all the equipment you need to work out. Get you set up over.
Speaker 6: I'm actually on at Boost with a couple of your guys in the front office.
Speaker 4: Matt Miller's Mad in there. I've known Mad since he was in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mass my guy, man, he does a hell of a job his wedding. Yes, I would be that just rs VP two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I love it. Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: For I appreciate you. That was awesome, Bro, appreciate you.
Speaker 6: We can talk all day long too, because man, you're an undrafted greeting cat