Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: As a former NFL player, I know a thing or two about high performance, and that's why I drive the BMW seven series. This car has everything I need. It's big enough, comfortable enough, and look curious enough to meet even my high expectations. When I'm behind the wheel of the BMW, I'm not just driving a car. I'm driving legacy. What I love most is the precision engineering, cutting edge technology, and unmatch style. Whether there's spacious interior, the powerful engine, or the smooth ride, BMW make sure everyday detail is on point. I trust BMW to deliver the ultimate driving experience, and I know you will too, So why wait? Head over to BMWUSA dot com check out models like the sporty X three, the all Electric I four. Build your dream card today and join me in experience, in luxury and performance that only.
Speaker 3: The ultimate driving machine can offer.
Speaker 5: Hello, ladies and.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watched the Buffalo Bills run roughshot and a snowy twenty nine degree night over the San Francisco forty nine ers thirty five to ten, Josh Allen but a solidified his whole. He was a favorite oh Joe going into it as the MVP. I think with today's performance he solidified that his hold on that also Sakwan, he leaped from Lamar Jackson. He moved into number two in the MVP race. So at high Mark Stadium it was twenty nine degrees. It was snowing all night, but somehow the Bills found a way to keep their footing.
Speaker 5: James Cook was sensational.
Speaker 2: Fourteen carres well over one hundred yards, two rush touchdowns. Josh Allen threw four touchdown, ran foot touchdown called a touchdown. He did a lot of other things for a touchdown, but he was sensational to night. The Bills were sensational tonight and they win thirty five to ten. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp. He your favorite number eighty five, Liberty Cities own Bingo, Ring of Fame, Hountery, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro That's right, that's Chad O Cho Sinko Johnson, but you could just call him Ocho.
Speaker 3: This is the unkin Oho at Nightcap.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: Please go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And we want to thank you because no matter what, no matter what else is going on, you find way to come support bunkan Ojo and we greatly greatly appreciate that, so thank you very much. Make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. Hey, the holidays are pun us and we want to make sure you have a very joyous and festive holiday season. What better way to do that than with a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Now you can't find Shade by Lapotier in a city or a state near you, you can order it and we'll get it to you before Christmas and definitely before New Year's And I always say this, please drink responsibly. Go follow my media company page on all of his platform shad Shaped Media and my clothing company at eighty four.
Speaker 5: We do stuff like this.
Speaker 2: Our newest release dropped last week and due to hot a man it kind of crashed out site, so it caused a glitch. We got everything fixed and so now everything is good to go. Please take advantage of our Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. Items are up to fifty percent off. Shirts are twenty dollars off, Hoodies are fifty dollars forty dollars off. And in case that wasn't enough, we want to give you more. Give back to you guys even more. If you spend two hundred dollars or more, you will receive a free complimentary Nightcap hat. All you have to do is make sure your card is over two hundred bucks, add the hat that you want, and then the hat will be marked as free upon checkout.
Speaker 3: All Te's hoodies are back in stock.
Speaker 2: That's Nightcap Club Shay Shake eighty four and we have some other stocking stuffers.
Speaker 5: We have beanies, coosies, and mugs.
Speaker 2: Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours while supplies.
Speaker 5: Last, Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: As we mentioned earlier, the Bills defeated the forty nine ers thirty five to ten. Buffalo improved the ten and two stranglehold on the afced.
Speaker 5: Well. Right now, the number their number.
Speaker 2: They're the second seed because Kansas City is number one because Kansas City on has one loss, but if Kansas City were to get a second loss, Buffalo would vault to the number one seed since they beat Kansas City head to head. Josh Allen threw for two touchdowns, rushed for another, and also recorded a receiving touchdown when Omari Cooper lattered him the football following his own pass James Cook out of one hundred and twenty yards of total offense, over one hundred of your those yards, Ojo was rushing and a sixty five yard touchdown run really put Buffalo in control of this ball game, and they didn't look back from that point, Ojo. As you watched this game, as you watch the Bills, what impressed you about this game?
Speaker 3: Shit?
Speaker 1: From start to finish, Hunk. They won the game before the game even started, from start to finish. In all three phases of the game, whether it be offense, whether it be defense. They dominated the game and the conditions. You can't use the conditions as a reasoning because yeah.
Speaker 5: Buffalo with it. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I was getting ready say the same thing. They were able to run their offense, they were able to play defense, they were able to do what they needed to do on special teams as well.
Speaker 3: They Listen, they dominated the game from start to finish.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen looks completely different than he did last year. Obviously they did have a winning season, but he's been superb and superior with protecting the football. Now, yeah, thro't get interceptions, but nothing to the point and what he did last.
Speaker 5: Year, nothing because what got him in trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it got him in trouble, especially late in the season like this, and obviously once he got once, he also got into the playoffs. But listen, the way they're playing right now is I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 3: Obviously into also tonight. I want I want to also mention that they did when the AFC East, with tonight's win, they did when the East that.
Speaker 5: Were five, We used to go there already, chaps.
Speaker 1: Huh, Yeah, Listen, I think obviously, I'm gonna I'm gonna toot my own horn for my team. I think if too, it doesn't go down. I think the Dolphins give them a uh a run for their money. But but obviously that didn't happen with two of being out for four or five games, whatever it may have been. But but congratulating to the Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: They look good.
Speaker 1: I want to see what they do in the playoffs, though. I want to see that that's all in that. I want to see that if they can, if they can play this way in the postseason, there's a good chance we see the guy. Damn Buffalo Bills will represent the A and got Dan New Orleans.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is oho is that Josh Allen has solidified himself as a top five quarterback because year in and year out, he has his team in the playoffs and for the most part, unless they're running the Kansas City, they go far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go far. I mean it's really that simple.
Speaker 2: They lost to Kansas City in the divisional round, they lost to him in the AFC Championship round, and they lost to him again in the divisional round. But he's been there every year, and he's forgreed. He's gotten better. He finished what second I think last year or maybe a couple maybe last year he finished second in the MVP voting. If everything stayed according to plan, he'll he'll probably win it this year. Ohoe, unless Saquan Goes goes over the twenty breaks that record, and then that might have something to say about it. And if he can somehow finago that number one seed away from the Lions. But right now, Josh Allen looks extremely well and he's not turning the football over, so he's not you know, helping his team and also helping the other team as well, because he was giving his team twenty one points, but he was giving the other team fourteen points with his turnovers. But he's done a better job of taking care of the football. I think McDermott. And what's the what's this coordinator's name? He came on last year because they fired I think Alex van Pel they fired him. This guy took over and with a whole year of this, Josh Allen looks different. He looks he's still Josh Allen. He's still an effect to be still can throw the football, he still can run, but what he's doing now, Ojo, He's giving you that same kind of offensive production.
Speaker 5: Minus the turnovers.
Speaker 2: Joe Brady, Joe Brady has done an unbelievable job. This looks like this looks like the Josh Allen that Brian daveall had. But even when they even when Dams had it, he was turning the ball over a lot more than what he should have.
Speaker 5: Now Joe Brady has it, and I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Look, Son, we can go really far, but you got to do a better job of taking care of the football, especially turning the ball over into Redson. Joe, he was throwing the intercept at the hands on they're about to go in for a touchdown, he's fumbling the ball.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know you know what he was like. You know what it remind me of. I'm sure you remember, and the people in the chat that are watching. I'm not sure how much you paid attention to Brett Favre, who used to take so many chances because his armstring.
Speaker 3: He was a gun san.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he felt there were certain times he could take a chance and he would try to win with his arm, and more times than not he would lose. Those occasions, you know, yes, but yes, Josh Allen, I see Josh Allen in that light a little bit. But this year, like you said, Joe Brady, I'm not sure what they told Josh Allen. He's still superman, but he's not being superman with his arm. He's doing it in other areas and other faces of his game as well, which is why they're playing so well and they've only lost two games this year.
Speaker 3: He is the unquestioned leader of that offense.
Speaker 2: And this is not to take a shot at anybody, but oh, show you know a quarterback. When you young like that and you got a veteran guy in front of you, sometimes you tend to like, Okay, I got to make sure I get him the ball. None of these guys, Marik Cooper is not a guy. He doesn't strike me as the guy. He's very quiet. He's not going to demand the demand of football like the other receivers would have in the past. And you look at your care and you look at what's the name, Holloway guy Hollands Holland he showed him to the game bread foot o shoe. Did you see him always?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Don't he walked?
Speaker 2: He walked into the stadium barefooted. I ain't tried to catch the new Mona to prove no pot nobody but anyway. But I think the thing is with Josh Allen, he's really comfortable in this leadership role.
Speaker 5: As the unquestioned leader. He can go out there and focus.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have to worry about trying to force the football sometimes, Ojo. Every quarterback, great quarterback takes risk with their calculated.
Speaker 3: Risks at the right time, he was taking unnecessary risk.
Speaker 2: There's a difference between the two mathematic calculation and just just arbitrarily throwing the spraying the football over the field.
Speaker 5: That's what got him in trouble.
Speaker 2: That's what got the Bills is in trouble since he's done a better job of taking care of the football.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody that.
Speaker 2: Watches the game casually or analytically can say this is not the best Josh Allen that we've seen, because it absolutely is. Absolutely He's still is effective running the football, he's still effective throwing the football. Minuster turnovers. So think about it. He give you the he'd give you the production on the ground with his leg. They seem that they can run it a little better. This year with James Cooks and Davis that they have in the past, and now he's still giving those productions. That production through the air minuster turnovers, so everything is increased, the turnovers has decreased. They look really good defensively. I was anxious to see because they like, look, they let Michael Hoie go, they let poor Jego to Davis White, win Von Miller. You know, he was coming back off of that injury. He had a little hiccup, you know, had to go sit down for four games. Matt Milano got injured, he returned, and so I was I was anxious to see how they were gonna look defensively because look, everybody's like, man, they're gonna take a step back. Officially, they lose Gave David, they lose steff On, and I'm like they might. But knowing the quarterbacks, because we saw Patrick Mahomes how he stood.
Speaker 5: He won two Super Bowls and an MVP.
Speaker 2: When Tyreek want to the most dangerous, if not the most dangerous receiver in football left. If Josh Allen is what we thought he was and what we think he is O Joe, he should be able to overcome back. Now he might not throw for forty touchdowns, close to forty touchdowns. But I believe he'll be a better quarterback.
Speaker 3: For that right man, he looks just go ahead, go ahead. I'm going ready to tell you, despite what he did lose, because we put him in that upper echelon of quarterbacks, he's been able to overcome not having those number one target, number one target. But what you delating your team. Elevated the team by himself with his plate.
Speaker 2: That's what we asked the great quarterbacks to do. You are a rising tide. You're supposed to lift not just the mega y'all. You're supposed to lift the row boats, also the bass boat. It does not matter. It does not matter over kayak. If you are what we say you and present you to be, you should be able to lift those guys. And he's done that this year. But you know, defensively, they can get after. You got ed Oliver, you got Rousseau et Panessa, you got vond They've done a great job of getting after the quarterback. But the thing is, O Joe, and I don't know how much you played in the snow, but you can't have your normal gait. You have to understand. You try to take off like you Yeah, you got to chop. Yeah, I'm seeing the forty nine are slipping all over the place.
Speaker 1: Bro, you can't stride your normal stride pattern.
Speaker 3: You can't stop like you normally could. So, Bro, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it. Ojoe, I don't know. I mean, I think the guys have played enough in inclement weather. You have to change. When it's raining. You can't do your same stride pattern, right, you know what, try to stop on the Dame. I'm glad you said that. This is why I prefer playing on turf fields.
Speaker 1: Many players don't like turf fields like the feeling Chicago, I mean Chicago, like the feeling Cincinnati. Even if it was raining, you could run full sleet and stop because of the way the turf was made.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Now, when it's a much snow on the field, that much snow, or if you're playing on grass like you did in Denver, everything changes. You got to saying that, for one, before the game start, you need to get out there and test your cleats.
Speaker 3: Put them got nine nine studs right now, studs, several studs. Put them got damn seven studs on and learn how to chop your god damn feet. Yes you you can't.
Speaker 1: Like you said, your gate has to change and everything has to be short and quick. Short and quick is the only way you're going to be able to get out your break.
Speaker 2: And it's even harder, not o cho, because now the film the field it can't want it's not It can't melt the snow as fast as it's piling up, and they can't throw it off. So now you have to change it even more because your cleat has to go down through the snow. So now you got a layer between you and the field. So your situation, your gate has to be even have to be even better. Now some of this was the terrible angle that Brown took the safety bro I don't know what the.
Speaker 5: Hell you were going.
Speaker 2: That's your gap, Okay, they blocked down, they kickout, that's you and took Where the hell were you going on the first touchdown ward?
Speaker 1: You have fourth, you have contained. You can't let him outside. Oh Joe, you're in.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's at rule number one. That's rule number one.
Speaker 1: At times, at times, I think at times sometimes they want to blame the weather, and then at times I want to I want to bame people making business decisions. Yes, I want to say people are making business decisions at that point. James Cook. I love James Cook, but he's not an imposing figure at the running back position. There should be no reason why you don't want to feel that hole. There should be no reason why you don't want to feel that gap. You know who you're supposed to be yet.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe. But here's the thing. The weather doesn't change your responsibility. See, that's the thing that people need to get through the head. If my responsibility is forced to contained, I don't give a damnage for it's raining. I don't care if it's eighty I don't care if it's seventy below. I still got contained. The condition doesn't change my responsibilities. Now it might. Now the weather might change how I go about it. But if you take a horrible angle, if you take a horrible angle and bad conditions, is gonna make even worse because you're gonna slip, slip and slide trying to recover.
Speaker 3: If you take a bad if you take a bad angle in.
Speaker 2: Ideal conditions, you still not gonna make the play. You have to understand your launch point. Where he is the rate he's coming towards you. I'm like, bro, what are y'all doing. It's almost like, oh Joe is like they go, They're just like I'm looking at him.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, I saw when he took up.
Speaker 2: I said, you got no if he's signs step, you got no change.
Speaker 1: At all at all. For one, you got to listen. I'm not I'm not a defender, but I do understand. You got to put yourself in position. You got to put your body in position. So even if he even if he does.
Speaker 3: Have a two way go, you have a chance to react the angle you takeing. I already knew one. James could make one move.
Speaker 1: It's over and you're not going to turn to catch. Nobody at a turn to catch who is in the NFL. Shit, No, no, absolutely.
Speaker 2: No, No, he's got a head of steam. But uh, but Buffalo look good. Buffalo has looked good.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: When Josh Allen takes care of the football, they look damn near unbeatable. Now they seem to be playing their best football at the right time. Oh Joe, this is one you want to playing great football. You want to be heading in the December member playing your best football, heading into January, playing your best football, and they look like they're playing that, and they're like, look, I understand, we understand the road to the Super Bowl in the AMC still go through Kansas City. But I sure, with like a crack at them, I sure, I just want my opportunity. Yeah, I know we've had several, but I wanted one more time and something tell me if they get it.
Speaker 1: If they get it this year, I got a feeling with the way they look and Josh Allen's understanding that if I can protect the ball and give my team a chance. With the way our defense is playing, obviously Milano's back, God Damn von Miller is playing good. I think they got a chance on and the way the Chiefs look right now, where they're barely scraping by with these wins and Nelly staring.
Speaker 2: By, their defense doesn't look as formidable as it did early, like it did last year, like it did at the beginning of the season, because we're starting to see team that we don't like hold on. Carolina got twenty seven against Oh yeah, Aidan O'Connor through for over three hundred yards, and if it wasn't for the mistake, Look, mistakes happened in the game. But I believe the teams that they're going to face are better offensively than some of the teams that they've struggled with. The question is, can you take care of the football? Can you put them in a situation because you got to protect the football. You've got to protect the football. If you protect the football, you give yourself a chance. If you don't, you play double once to play off here. Oh yeah, you pay, you pay a premium for turning the football over o Jo.
Speaker 5: How much better does Josh look without step On?
Speaker 1: He looks really good. I think the fact that he doesn't have to force the ball to anyone. He's not thinking about getting Steph the ball. I think not having, not having not having to worry about okay, it's Steph, Okay. It's hard. It's hard to say. He just looks better. I think the fact that he doesn't have that alpha. He doesn't have that alpha though he has to worry about feeding the ball and making sure he's okay. You know, at times when you have someone like that, that's an alpha, that's an outlet that you know you can go to and you can count on. That is a great thing. Having a dominant number one receiver like that. But yeah, times because Josh Allen is so good and he can overcome with his play and arm and legs without having an alpha alpha receiver like that, I think he's been Okay. Now many quarterbacks can overcome that. Josh Allen is in the class of his own. There may be four, maybe five, maybe five quarterbacks where you can take away they number one, they number one receivers or they're alpha receivers and they can still function and elevate that offense that they're that they're in control of.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that you have to have if you're dealing with a dominant personality like a number one receiver, because they normally have dominant personality. Oh yeah, sometimes they don't, but a lot of times they do. You need to be the veteran quarterback. You see, Montana was already established. He had already won two Super Bowls and a two Super Bowl MVP by the time Rice landed. And you have Marino so Duper, Mark Clayton, and Mark Duper ain't gonna trump him. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Jim Kelly, you're not gonna trump him.
Speaker 2: So you get guys that are already established and even though you have dominant personalities. I look and Tom says, Look, what I try to do is that I always tried to get Randon the ball early. And if I couldn't get him the ball earlier, I would go to him and tell him, Bro, we tried.
Speaker 5: Now we're gonna get you Rock. Just stay with me, Stay with me.
Speaker 2: I got to keep him in a positive mind frame because the last thing I.
Speaker 5: Want to do is lose it.
Speaker 2: Because and the teams need to understand, Bro, how you won't be to hit the game winning shot when you haven't thrown me the ball the entire game?
Speaker 5: Who hit?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 5: You can't ask?
Speaker 2: Steph Curry looks, step Hey, we want you to feed Clay, want you to feed Draymond, want you to feed all these other guys.
Speaker 3: Oh we down too, Hey, Steph?
Speaker 5: You ready?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hello? The whole night, right?
Speaker 2: I think I think that's what a receiver said, if you give it to a guy earlier. O, Joe, you know this. You and I both caught the ball for a living good. Give it to me early. You got me late?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just need to feel it. I just need to feel it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, listen now lay in the ball game. We're good, don't I don't need it much. I don't need it much. Throw me a smoke, throw your screen, throw me a slam. Yes, let me touch the ball, let me get myself into a rhythm of the game. I'm not gonna force the issue. I'm gonna allow the game come to me. I'm allowed the game to come to me. I'm just saying when I was, when I was with Carson, coach Barbara Krowsky, I never figured coach Barbara Crowsey was the officer coordinator. My receiver coach at the time was Hugh Jackson. I tell Hugh before the game started, I tell Carson, listen, I'm not gonna bother you.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say nothing to you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: What I will do at times is I'll come out of the huddle where I feel the floor of the game is not going to my favor or going in my direction.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know. I never ate as voicious and then as flamboyant as I was.
Speaker 1: I have a ball that Carson during the game. But what I would do is when he had called a play and before I lead a huddle, you know what I do. I tap his hip. I tap his hip, just alert him. I'm not gonna say nothing to you. Just know in the back of your mind. Then I get to the last scrimmage, right and he making this call and I see something, well, I know I can take advantage based on the play that was called. I do my famous thing. He hat that's it. You get that bitch Calloway out outside the stadium. So he come on, now, come on seeing things and not go on my way. Just let me touch it, let me feel it. But I didn't want to use my voice at all because you hear it.
Speaker 3: Take that one. I'm not trumping him. I'm not trumping him no matter what I've done.
Speaker 2: What he And that's the thing. I just say, give me a look, say he just give me a look right right. You block it on this one, I said, I'm a leak late. If you get in trouble, hey, you right, I'll block it. I'll block it on that without Joe. But if you get in trouble out, leak out right there. Give a place to go with the ball. That's all I'm saying, Oh, Joe, Kyle Shanahan said. Christian McCaffrey suffered the potentially seasoned ending pc L injury.
Speaker 1: Ah, wait, that was non contact or was the previously when he got tripped up?
Speaker 3: Do you think it happened?
Speaker 2: They showed They showed that play, but you knew as soon as like that knee buckle when he took off, you could see that knee buckle and then he like gave himself up, so you knew something.
Speaker 5: I was like, damn, did it? Is it the key leads? Did the calv go?
Speaker 2: But Kyle Shanahan just said this press conference kissed Christian McCaffrey sofered a potentially seasoned ending.
Speaker 5: It's over. It don't make any sense. Is he missing?
Speaker 3: Was it the same leg? Was it the same leg that he just I think I think it was his right one the plan. I think it was his right what do you call it? Planet fat Fasciit.
Speaker 2: No, he had a he had a calf injury that led into his aki lees and and to think, oh, Joe, and you know the thing is is that I say all the time, if you limp into the.
Speaker 3: Season, don't get healthy during the season. Impossible. It's impossible.
Speaker 2: The number one thing when anybody have surgery or anybody have an injury, what did they tell you. The most important thing on your rest rest, how you get rest. He's working the dog crap out of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm simple, listen.
Speaker 1: They can only they can only protect you so much because in order to get you back to the playing speed and get you acclimated to game tempo, you got the work, some type of work you got to once they put you out there with the bullets of firing them boys.
Speaker 3: The boys are moving. Damn.
Speaker 1: I'm sad. I'm sad for him, man, I'm sad for man. Prayers up the lash.
Speaker 2: Buffalo clinch the fifth straight AFC title, setting a new franchise record. Buffalo had previously won four AFC titles consecutive eighty eight through ninety one. That was also the years that they you know, they ended up going to the Super Bowl. When where they went to Super Bowl ninety ninety one, ninety two, ninety three. But Buffalo played extremely well tonight. They got it done. It wasn't that San Francisco play. They turned the ball over old show. But they had some opportunities and they got into the red zone and they had to settle for field goals, use chick fumble, butchercockend to let the ball slip out of his hand, party debo fumble to kickoff.
Speaker 5: They had some opportunities.
Speaker 2: When you're on the road and you're playing against a team that seemingly got it going, you have to cash in on all your opportunities as well. The game of the day, the Eagles defeated the Ravens twenty four to nineteen. Justin Tucker has lost multiple games this season and left seven points off the board tonight. He continued this season long struggles by missing two field goals and a pat one from forty seven, one from forty three. His two fail the field goals came in the third when Baltimore trailed fourteen to twelve. If this is the first time that he's missed three kicks in the game, and he put Major Dann the AFC in the Ravens opportunity to win the North. Tucker has missed eight field goals, but he's missed ten kicks if I'm not mistaken, eight field goals and two PAHs this season, which is a single season high. Harbard is sticking with Tucker. We saw him go to them on the sideline say we believe in you. You hugged him. If you're asking me are we going to move on from Justin Tucker. I'm not really planning doing that right now.
Speaker 3: I don't think that would be wise. WHOA did you hear the keywords you just said? I don't like that. I don't like that. Did he say right now or did you just add that in here?
Speaker 5: No, he said that right now. I don't plan on doing that right now.
Speaker 2: I don't I'm not really planning on doing that right now.
Speaker 5: I don't think that be wise.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Listen, let me let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. Talk to us also also the chat chat, y'all listen to me.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know I player around a lot, you know when it comes to saying some of the things that I've done, but all of you know my history and my resume as a kicker, especially in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I know what that feels like.
Speaker 1: I understand the pressures that go into what Justin Tucker is going through right now. I understand the pressures of already having the moniker being the greatest kicker of all time based on what you did in the past.
Speaker 3: But what you've done in the past when it comes to the NFL is always now. Yeah, I ain't got nothing doing. Now, what have you done for me lately? Right now?
Speaker 1: I don't watch much baseball, but I can tell what Justin is in. He's in a slump. Yeah, he's in a slump. Sometimes he got the yips right now, you got you got the yips right now? Justin Tucker is in a slump. And you know what happened when players in a slump, it gets to you here. You have to be mentally strong here for one and know what to get back into rhythm, to get back to what you were doing in the past. Being the Justin Tucker that we're used to seeing. You got to envision that motherfucker up here right now is get into it.
Speaker 3: He can think about missing the kicks before he even kicked the ball, which is why he's missing the kicks.
Speaker 2: And it's always and they seem to be always very into the left. They're always very if you look at him, they're bearing into the left.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like, that's all mechanics, baby, that's all mechanics. That's all mechanics.
Speaker 1: On your follow through, on your swing, you gotta stop your leg at a certain point if it's always veering to the left. If anything adjust, adjust your split, adjust your linement, face the ball up a different way because everything's happening and reoccur in the same way kickers watch film.
Speaker 3: I'm a kicker. I'm telling you. I know some of you might laugh at me. I'm serious, I know, I know what it is.
Speaker 1: I know what Justin Tucker's going through. He's going to be all right. I don't like the words that Harpall said, if he's going to be alright this year, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. I don't like that. You don't know, he don't do the best kicker in the world like that just because he's going through a slump, because you have quarterbacks. Quarterback go through slump too.
Speaker 1: Sometimes even the best go through a bad season or a bad stringer game where they just can't get themselves out of a punk.
Speaker 3: But at some point they turn it around.
Speaker 1: Especially at the addition, once he gets it here, you got the visualize it here.
Speaker 3: Once you visualize it here and get that confidence back, he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: The question is is he gonna get it back this year, because it doesn't matter if he gets it back next year because they're trying to make the playoffs this year and how many times have the Ravens. He kicked the Ravens to the Super Bowl as a rookie, as an undrafted rookie, he went to Denver and made the game winning kicked and that launched him. That put him on his way. We've seen guys. You mentioned the sport of you go back to look at golf. You look at David dub Duval, You look at Ian Baker Finch, they had the yips.
Speaker 5: You mentioned baseball.
Speaker 2: Look at Chuck knock Block, Look at Rick and kell Rick am Kell had to move to the outfield because he couldn't get the ball over home plate. Chuck knod Block could not throw the ball. He's a second basement. He could not throw it to the first basement. Steve sat a similar situation.
Speaker 3: It's half.
Speaker 1: We've seen guys do it, and they David Duval left, Ian Baker Fitch didn't end up leaving because they couldn't punt right. Freakaing Kill moved to the outfield because he could not throw the ball over the plate.
Speaker 2: But it's it's and it's it's, it's, it's it's tough. Lamar Jackson did not play a good game today. Oho U, he really never found this rhythm. Had most multiple fumbles, but he recovered those. Had a lot of overthrows he had. He had likely he could have hit likely on that play. I think it was in the second quarter. Shot the corner, out the corner ut. Yeah, he shot him a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yo shot.
Speaker 2: Likely stop running like, well, he gotta be throwing that to somebody else, because hey, he running, he saw where the ball going, so he just stopped me like with somebody out of the front of me, and then he come back and then defumbled the ball.
Speaker 1: He was six and fifteen on third down. The touchdown that they got.
Speaker 2: Oo, that was late in the game because if they don't get that touchdown the shutout in the second hall. Lamar said his mother cursed him out after the game for not running more and not hitting the running lades. The Ravens finished two of five in the red zone. He didn't play well today. You know, on a day in which the defense they held they held, they held at Hell and they was needing Lamar to be Lamar. It didn't happen for him today.
Speaker 3: You know what. One of the things that watched the night I love Lamar.
Speaker 1: I love that Lamar has proved that, you know what, I'm not just a run of the ball. I'm gonna show you I can pass. I'm gonna show you I can pass. Listen, I know you could pass the ball, young bull. But I need you to be special. You know, on nights like to night and games like to night, I need you to be special of what makes you you. I need you to do what you was doing at Boyd and Beach High School when I used to go watch you out there when you was a legit. Take off with the ball, baby, if it ain't there. Sometimes you got to go through progression one, two, and three. Sometimes you can look at one.
Speaker 3: If one ain't there, man, take off and go with that thing. Bright. Sometimes you got to go off script. Sometimes you got the go off.
Speaker 1: Script and do what makes you you your specially your two time MVP.
Speaker 3: For a reason, I would have loved to see the Ravens win the game tonight. I would have loved for it. Especially when your kicker is not playing as well as he should be. Who has to.
Speaker 1: Overcome that Lamar eight When Lamar is the one that has to overcome justin Tucker not playing as good as he should be so.
Speaker 3: Those points you're missing.
Speaker 1: That puts the pressure to on is back on the quarterback to overcome the kickers woes. Yeah, sometimes you don't funk that being the pass of ship boy, drop back of that shit and there man, take off of that bitch.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I person, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. God forgive me.
Speaker 2: I do I do think sometimes Lamar tries to prove that he's a thrower of the football.
Speaker 1: He is ready, he's ready, So why is his mom cussing him out? So?
Speaker 5: What was the difference today?
Speaker 3: Hey, you heard what she said? Right?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, when you see the running lanes, what take off and do what you do?
Speaker 3: What you mean? You dangerous, Jesse Davis?
Speaker 5: Aw you are.
Speaker 1: You've already shown us you're just as dangerous with your arm as you are with your legs. But tonight is the night where we needed your legs, not your arm.
Speaker 2: But we had this conversation in the AFC Championship game. You asked after the game, why did Lamar run more?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Why do we keep having these conversations in these big, meaningful games where we keep saying, Lamar, why aren't you running the football more?
Speaker 5: Why are we continuously having these conversations, O Joe.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, baby, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know who to what, because what are you trying to prove? Who can?
Speaker 2: You've proved that you've led the league in touchdown passes. You got twenty nine touchdown passes. It's gonna be you and bur Joe Burrow probably lead the league in touchdown passes this year. At this point in time, the only thing left for you to prove, Lamar, is that you can get to in Winnsop Bowl.
Speaker 3: That's it. The only thing that's left for you to prove only that, by any means necessary.
Speaker 1: Yes on throwing it, running it, crawling it, wheel chair.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't care how you got to get there, God damn, and just get there so we can get these motherfuckers off your back.
Speaker 2: That's there will come a time, by any means, there will come a time that he will need to Like I'm going to force Lamar Jackson to throw the football. I'm a firm believer that I would rather. I know he can kill me with his leg. I just can't let him outside the pocket. I can't let him. I can't let him outside the pocket, Ojo, because he's too dangerous side there and he can throw the ball over my head.
Speaker 5: So I got to keep him in. I gotta keep him in the box.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna try to make sure that I got a spy to entice him, like, okay, I got somebody's spying, and I won't him. I want to trick him into thinking, yeah, go ahead, throw from the pocket. But you're playing into my hands, because that's really why I want you anyway. Yeah, that's why I want you.
Speaker 1: But listen this, this is a good thing about it. This is a good thing about the evolution of Lamar Jackson. This is about how good he's gotten even as a pocket passer.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to put a spy.
Speaker 1: Okay back okay, boom, you want to hear your DNS, rush your field and keep contained. But I can beat you from the pocket. I prove that I can beat you from the pocket and be a throw of the ball. I then shows you I.
Speaker 3: Can drop back, I can be a shotgun, I can r PO. I could I play action faith and read through my progressions for one to three.
Speaker 1: I can't even come back the one that I got enough time. I can buy myself time, I can go off script, I can do all these different things from the pocket. So now that makes me that much more dangerous and multi dimensional from the quarterback position. I just don't like the fact that to me, it seems like sometimes Lamar wants to prove, especially tonight. Yes, I'm gonna show you I can beat you with my arm. Yes, when we know how to push you all with your legs. It's the reason God gave you that gift. Boy, I need you again. I know, I know mar gonna see this too. I know you're gonna see this well. I need you like you did when he was at Boy and Beach. Huh, stop playing now, come on, oh matter of fact, Oh wait, wait, wait the Ravens last night. Can you please tell me how many carried Derrick Henry had d Henry had nineteen for eighty two.
Speaker 3: Ah, so he was over he was over the sixteen yard mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was thirty two.
Speaker 2: They had They had thirty two rush attempts for one hundred and sixty six yards, which ain't bad.
Speaker 5: You can live with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lamar was twenty three or thirty six, two thirty seven.
Speaker 5: He got sacked three times. I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought the Eagles d line did an unbelievable job of getting at there. Yeah, Jalen Carter as a monster. Yeah, this is what I this is what Jalen Carter was supposed to be a top five pick. I'm not so sure he was had he not had all those off the field transgressions while he was in college. He a top He's a top three talent. He could rush the path and he could stop the run. He's relentless. He's starting to see just how good he can beat. He's the guy that you start circling. But I thought their defensive line did an unbelievable job of rushing containing Lamar. Lamar, Look, Lamar, you can't jump. You can't run up the field on him now because you're gonna jump out the window.
Speaker 5: Yeah, be gone.
Speaker 2: I thought sweat, And I thought some of those other guys did an unbelievable job for they got that Bron.
Speaker 5: That's Zach Bron that minute fifty three.
Speaker 6: Yeah boy, he nice boy, Well he nice boy?
Speaker 5: Hey and No.
Speaker 2: Number thirty three, Oh disc old discount Jason seehorn John, Yeah, man, he.
Speaker 3: Gets hold on which one black and ship.
Speaker 5: Thirty three The fans kid from over the corner.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Man Blankenship thirty two, Hey coop with the JOHNO.
Speaker 3: With John Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He's nice, he's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man. They did a great job.
Speaker 2: But you think about it, think about the great catcher, because Lamar was a lot.
Speaker 1: He was high all day long. It was Mark Andrews made some unbelievab that that's down catch an end zone.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, he called he caught one in the field like that. That's what you call a billion quarterback out. Yes, hey, mayor your quarterback out.
Speaker 5: The raven was two or five in the red zone.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing is ojo is that look in a situation like that, when your kicker is struggling, you got a hey guys, he's struggling today. Guys, Hey, we got to do a better job. We got to get this ball in the end zone. We gotta make it pats. Now, he hooked one of those, but I would pay at least we got six because when we put it on his foot, we might not get anything. Because it was fourteen to twelve and he missed two kicks that could have made it eighteen fourteen.
Speaker 5: But damn, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like what I'm seeing from the Ravens, O Joe, I don't. I don't because they don't look like the team you remember, like the first say, nine weeks of the season. How good they look running the football with them and Lamar throwing it, excuse me, d Henry running it?
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 5: They looked really really good. Good.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this team right now, Oh Joe, I don't see the same I don't see the same team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and defensive they played a little better today. They didn't give up the big they didn't give up the big players throw at the football. The jaylen Hurst was oh Joe, yes, sir. They had two hundred and fifty two yards of total offense. They was leven of nineteen. Jayalen Hurst was leven of nineteen, one hundred and eighteen yards of a touchdown.
Speaker 3: They ran the ball thirty three times for one.
Speaker 1: Listen. It was a good showing, though. It was a good showing I mean for the for the raven defensively, especially obviously they hold their their secondary.
Speaker 3: Uh they might they did last bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're not. They cannot do it.
Speaker 1: They got damn dead last, and they did very well trying to contain Sequan. We didn't see Saquan hit his head off the goalpost going for sixty and seventy yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a twenty five yard of that that touchdown run, it was twenty five yards.
Speaker 5: He ended up with twenty three cares for one oh seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he's a I think he's at fourteen ninety nine currently right now, because he's at thirteen ninety two, so I think he's at fourteen ninety nine.
Speaker 5: He still has a chance.
Speaker 2: He has five games left, yeah, to get to average like one hundred and twenty yards to get two thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's gonna really have to pick up the pace to get twenty one oh five. Yeah, I mean, but they say he's on pace to get twenty one to twenty one. What's he on pace to get now? As is he on pace to break the record?
Speaker 3: Oh? Hey, put it up here. What's who they got next?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: If he plays in all seventeen games, he has a chance.
Speaker 5: He's on pace to get twenty one twenty three.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: He also caught two passes for ten yards.
Speaker 2: The NFL record is set by ed twenty one o five in nineteen eighty four. But EDI didn't think about it. EDI didn't win the MVP that season, Damn Marino did because that was what your dandy threw for forty forty eight touchdowns and five thousand yards.
Speaker 3: I mean, to throw for five thousand yards in that era?
Speaker 2: Do you understand how good that that wash?
Speaker 5: With all the holding, with.
Speaker 2: All the physicality, the quarterback knocking your I mean the d line, the defense knocking your quarterback out, they're killing your receivers, and he threw for five thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's due. That was duper. And Clayton.
Speaker 2: Now, I wonder who the tight end was then? I think they had Crash Jenson. Jim Jensen might have been one of the tight ends.
Speaker 3: What about who is the running back?
Speaker 5: You think? If I'm not mistaken, I think it was Tony Nathan.
Speaker 3: Tony Nathan throwback.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh that's dope, man, that's dope.
Speaker 2: And Jim Jensen Dan Johnson, Dan Johnson, Uh yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean if somebody would have told me that jayalen Hurst would only throw for one hundred and eighteen yards or a touchdown and they would only have two hundred and fifty two yards I'll say, well, the Raven's gonna win. Yeah, Well, I said the Ravens gonna win a game.
Speaker 1: But they could have won the game. They could win the game. Obviously, there were some kicks that would miss. There's some other things that didn't go in their way, didn't go in their favor. I think if we got the Lamar Jackson that were used to seeing that would be able to back and overcome the kickers roes. I think the raven will win that game. They have to play better. Lamar has to play better. He knows that he's going to go back and look at film and say, well, god, damn, this one here, this is a chance why I should have took that bitch down and god, dog is stop cursing, man, I should have took the ball down and ran with and't do it. I do best, And stop trying to sit in the park and buy time and buy time trying to be off script, waiting on somebody to pop open.
Speaker 2: Well, they're running out of time because uh the Steelers. Yeah, uh say quality is on pace the challenge, but get the record. Uh he's on pace now for twenty five hundred and one yards, the record for most total yards of the season is twenty five oh nine by Chris Johnson. Philly win the eighth straight and leaves the Eagles ten and one, one game behind the Lions for the top seed in the NFC. The Eagles are two and a half games up onas on the for the East lead over the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 3: Oh choe yo. Whatever.
Speaker 1: The Steelers defeats the Bengals, say, say that for last man, say that for last.
Speaker 5: No, no, we gotta get this one right now.
Speaker 2: The Steelers defeated the Bengals forty four to thirty eight shootout. Not only did the defense off excuse me, the offense moved the ball it will, but the Steelers defense forced three turnovers, including a fourth quarter scoop and score by Peyton Wilson. Pickings led to Steelers with seventy four yards receiving or three catches with a touchdown, but drew a fifty but drew fifteen yard penoties after two of its catches. After the game, Pikins said there was anything he needed to do differently in those situations. Tomlin said he just got to grow up. This is an emotional game. These divisional games are big. He got a target on his back because he's George. He understands that. But he's got to grow up. He's just got to grow up in hurry. Yeah, gotta cost your game in the playoff for yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean George Georgia. Listen, I'm an hit young bull, I got I got Georgie number. I'm gonna talk to him. Listen.
Speaker 3: Take some of that, Take some of that fun, you know, some of that energy that you display, that is that you're being penalized for, and turn that into entertainment. Turn it into entertainment. It's okay to be the villain. Enjoy being the villain.
Speaker 1: Embrace being a villain, but do it in a way where it's organized chaos within the game of football. Have fun within the game of football without having to get those penoties. I'm telling is gonna pay dividends in the long run. He has to understand that, you know, the gun gesture, you know in the end zone, you know after.
Speaker 3: Oh, but but you know you can't do that.
Speaker 2: And I know Chad fans, I know their guns and bullets don't kill anybody.
Speaker 3: But the NFL said, we don't walk fast.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: If your boss tell you cannot come to work, with Kathy Khakis. Don't bring your hands to work with Kaki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Oyo. We knew, oh yo.
Speaker 2: If we wren socks a certain height, the NFL said, we want you to pull we want your knees covered. I expected to get a fine if I meant more than two players and I didn't pull my socks up.
Speaker 3: But you can't say, well, what did the sauce?
Speaker 2: And I said, and I used to ask all the time, what is my soce got to do? They say, Shannon, we want uniformity, They said, Shannon, if we let you do yours and then somebody gonna come out there with footies, and then somebody gonna come out here, and then everybody gonna start to looking like an all tournament team. They said, we want to We say we want everybody. We want every We want uniformity. Shanna, We're the National Football League and we're trying to set example. I say, okay, but oh show they you remember they cut that out before you got to the league, the throat slashing gesture.
Speaker 3: They cut that out. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, expects you to.
Speaker 5: But Johnson would do.
Speaker 2: Cut that out anything anything violent or sexual in nature. Air humping. Ain't got nothing to do. Ain't nobody ever got pregned by air humping. Dry drive, no dry hunter.
Speaker 3: But they cut it out. They cut it out, but they cut it out. So Pete fans please stop saying.
Speaker 1: Because you know the rule, George knows the rules, you can't do that. You know what, and especially outside of knowing the rules, you got to understand and to remember those rules when you engaged in war, at the time of war, when you plan, you got to remember that.
Speaker 3: All they need to do. I'm telling you, uncle, I'm gonna talk to him. I'm gonna talk to him. I'm gonna hit it tomorrow. I'm bruh. You need to take that same energy and the stuff you want to do and turn it into something else in a fun entertainment type of way where it's it's engaging for us and for those watching, where it doesn't cost your team. There's a way to do it. I'm massive that ship. You know that's a way to do it.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, as far as your player is concerned, man, you good keep on playing ball. But I don't want this is what I don't want, because the young, because the young. So coach Tomin has to be careful. But what he say, because you don't want to lose a player like that up here, up here, You don't want to take too much.
Speaker 3: You don't want to pull the reins back too much for the herd because you're gonna lose what makes George picking George pickings. But you can't hurt your team like that. Though you can't thank you, you can't. We just saw this on Thursday with Jamison with Williams. We just saw it Thursday. He threw the ball in the guy's face. Remember a sideline. We just saw it.
Speaker 1: O jo.
Speaker 2: If if even if I'm speeding, if I'm going eight in the school zone, I.
Speaker 5: Can't tell them fool.
Speaker 3: Ain't no kids in school?
Speaker 1: You can't go hate in the school and the schools on bro It's still a school.
Speaker 3: Zone, whether the kids are in school or not.
Speaker 1: You can't make that gesture even if you have no gun, even if there is no bullet.
Speaker 2: You can't make a sexual gesture. You can't make a violent gesture. So please chat, please, people stay off the internet talking about eight no guns. Ain't nobody elver been killed by that? Because you can't do it. The league says, we're going to penalize you. But it's not the league penalizing you. You're penalizing your team now.
Speaker 3: And it hurts you today, but it catch it when it matters most.
Speaker 2: Now you expected you get an unspontable conduct penalty, and now what was a field goal? They back you up because a lot of times, O Joe, that's after the fact. Now they back you up. What happens if it's second down and you get one of those the down counts so and now instead of being second and five, its second and twenty, or it's third and five, third and twenty, it's third and fifteen. You see, it's things like that you have to think about in real time.
Speaker 1: O Jo.
Speaker 2: It's too late for you and not to have this conversation, said, Oh Joe. We try to tell him it's too late. Yeah, it's too late.
Speaker 3: So just learn.
Speaker 2: From others from that have made those mistakes, so you don't have to be a footnote got a cost of penalty? I don't, oh Joe, But I try to tell you now. Now people will tell you Joe Burrow played great. O Jo, might come out here and tell you Joe Barro played great. His defense If your defense is bad, ojo as an offense. What can't you do if your defense is bad?
Speaker 3: You can't turn the ball over?
Speaker 5: Uncle, Tell the people at home, how many turn over.
Speaker 3: With Joe Burrow had? Joe Burrow had three turnovers? But bunk, before you say that.
Speaker 2: How many did they lead? How many points did they lead to to the Steelers?
Speaker 3: Uh? Fourteen or twenty one or seventeen?
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 2: How many they got a scooping score and they got a field go right before the half? Right, that's ten points?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's ten. I can I say something real quick?
Speaker 1: Yes, for the chat, for better contact, let me get let me get energized real quick. You know, it's hard for me to defend my bangles. It's hard for me to defend my bangles. But for better contexts in those turnovers, now, one was a tip Cam Hayward tipped it, boom, pick scoop and score boom running with the ball.
Speaker 3: TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt, great play. And I think it was a high smith. Is a high smith that beat Orlando Brown off the edge?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Came right all they was high.
Speaker 2: It might have been the other guy, the other guy, I think it was like it might have been. It might have been fifty one Wilson, he might have called the sac and scoop.
Speaker 3: Hey, all right, scooping score.
Speaker 1: Listen, but one in that scenario, Orlando Brown, I'm not sure what the Bengals are doing. There's no reason why Leo Brown should be on the field if he can't walk. If he can't if you can't walk, that means you can't.
Speaker 3: Play left tackle. There's no reason to be on the field.
Speaker 1: But if you are on the on the field, then that's the onus is on the offensive line or the goddamn offensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Hell, let's slide protection that way because he's not fully healthy.
Speaker 5: Obviously they can't. We saw you gonna find a protection away from TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt.
Speaker 1: Listen, mean, got no choice. We gotta leave mems over there. We gotta leave men by itself one on one, Yes.
Speaker 5: TJ, TJ? Why about to break the NFL records?
Speaker 3: Thomas Gates, I know what you mean, but you got to because look what happened.
Speaker 1: Look what happened that cost us, that cost Yes, if he's heard, goddamn flyer protection to the left, put the runner back up there, and goddamn chip got put the tight end over there, and Chip you got to do something to help him.
Speaker 3: If you have a play out there that is heard offensively, that was a true score.
Speaker 1: But your guy has got to take care of the football.
Speaker 5: Ho yoe.
Speaker 2: You know if your defense, if your defense you have one to get two or three worst defensive football, you can't turn it over.
Speaker 1: Right, You're right, there's nothing listen, there's there's nothing gonna say about that. But it is it blindside though, that that is his blindside. He has no idea that two seconds after the snap that somebody's barreling down and knocking the ball out his hands. Again, you got listened. I'm not making no excuses. You got to have two hands on the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do that.
Speaker 2: Hello, So I can make that case for Daniel Jones, all them sacks that ain't on Daniel Jones, all those turnovers, every quarterback that turned the ball over, because what they're doing is that you're making excuses for joy b because he had three hunder yard passing three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: WHOA, I was just giving you better context on how the fumbles happen.
Speaker 5: So who cares? Did he have the ball in his hand?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, So all those fumbles and interceptions, that what you call him. We see we saw Patrick Mahomes two years ago. How many karms that he has? Seven interceptions and like three or four pick sixes that went through the receiver's hands. Yeah, when you funnel the ball and your defense is bad. All I know is this, Patrick Mahomes got to the Super Bowl with the second with the second or third worst defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: That is the bargains because what has happened.
Speaker 2: Is that we've allowed Joe Burrow, and he's a really good he's a great quarterback, but we've allowed that one year run to tain us because we feel he can do no wrong because every year he's ranked above Lamar. Lamar is more accomplished than Joe Burrow. We rank him ahead of Josh Allen. He throws a beautiful ball, he puts up big numbers, But at what point in time do we hold him accountable like we have all the other great quarterbacks that haven't fulfilled the promise of what we expected them to be because we make excuse me, we like, well his blind side.
Speaker 1: Look at mahomes offensive line. If Mahold's offensive line any worth to Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: At him to title him two tackles bad tackles bad. One team got eleven to one, no disrespect.
Speaker 2: Yeah and so, And that's the thing when you just look, if you OJO, if you just looked at the stats, you're like, this man threw for three h nine and three touchdowns, but he had a he had a scooping score that the ball was in his hand that gave him that gave him seven points, and then he had another former that gave him ten points. So now if I take those ten points off the board, how many points did they? They scored forty four. If I take those teens, Cincinnati scored thirty eight. They win the game thirty eight thirty four.
Speaker 3: A uh, yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, I'm already hurting right now as it is. You know, I don't need you to continue to to pour salt my wounds. I know, I know because I'll be talking about it, jumping on my soapbox all season long. And I've been continued to let down. I've been continued let down or get.
Speaker 3: Your ass off out. Huh, get your ass off that box. I'm off of it right now.
Speaker 1: I'm off of it because you know, you know, the higher you up, you are to eat you easy.
Speaker 5: To target you to hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: When sniper's shooting at what are they try to do? See, when snipers are shooting, they at a higher elevation. But when you show your head, that's where they could put that thing on you. Yeah, you better get load to the ground, get off the box. Say hey, god, hey man, I thought my bingals gonna be better this year. It's over for y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I thought it was gonna be better. I thought, matter of fact, and listen, I would listening to the Joe. Joe said we could win seven of the last nine. There's a possibility. So when he said that in front of them, I was hype.
Speaker 3: I was hype.
Speaker 1: I I've been talking. I've been talking cash you know what. I've been making bets with Ryan Clark. I can't even eat McDonald's till January. Now, yes, yeah, but you know what list and you can't say till January?
Speaker 3: Why because we lost? Uh you you're lost like five in a row. Yeah, you lose.
Speaker 1: Hey, So you said I can't foot ball because my thin ball dope? Nope, Ocho, even you o Jo, you playing the game? I said, Oh, Joe, how y'all gonna go out on a run. When your defense is historically bad.
Speaker 2: Your quarterback literally has to play a perfect game every time one turnover, because first of all, your defense is not really gonna be able to stop anybody.
Speaker 1: Now you turn the ball over, you give them, and.
Speaker 2: If you give them points on your possession. Oh don't cry, No, no, no cry, Oh no, don't cry.
Speaker 1: You ain't cry yet, Chad, don't let it fool you.
Speaker 5: You should be crying.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we gonna we're gonna, we're gonna be alright. No, y'all ain't We're gonna be all.
Speaker 5: Right next year, y'all are gonna be all right this year?
Speaker 1: He fad.
Speaker 2: You know, got the people, you have, people in sistance that in believe in you, man o Joe saying we're gonna be all right. Not everybody, not everybody ain't doing nothing but eating chilling hot dogs. Stand up, set up in your chair, come costing you blurry you blurr. Don't now no you get you brak your hands back into focus. Y'all got hold your crime. Bingo bingo, what's y'all? Bingo nation? Bingle country? What y'all are here?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: There you go we'll be back. We'll we'll be back next year.
Speaker 2: That's what Custar said when they send his ass out there. He said, I'll be back. And they ain't seen it there here with up a little big horning, they ain't seen his ass. Sense that was an ateen seventy five seventy eight. What was that when the little when the sending bull get old customs. We're gonna think that was somewhere between seventy five and seventy eight.
Speaker 3: We'll be back next year. I don't care. I don't care what nobody saying that. That's okay. We we had a bad season, and sometimes people have bad sceness.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people have some of the greatest players on offense, you know, and and.
Speaker 3: Sometimes things don't go the way you wanted to go.
Speaker 5: Sometime we fitted, we didn't come in for that. We could old.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm trying to I'm trying to laugh and keep from crying.
Speaker 1: Let's change the topic, man, shoot man, we ain't fit changed no topic now is what we do.
Speaker 2: We don't dunk, no chat. Do y'all expect not cap the duck a topic? Do y'all expect um to move on so quickly?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Less we gotta address it. Your defense is historically bad. They've been bad.
Speaker 1: But if you go back and look at it, the Bengals had Kansas City dead the right.
Speaker 2: What happened? Strip sacked Scoop and score right touchdown? They had the Ravens again dead the right at home? What happened? O, Joe Joey b Pick, Marlon Humphrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at some point in time, even your great numbers can be overshadowed if you are the one that puts.
Speaker 2: The ball in harm's way. Yeah, he's done it. We've seen it. But nobody. Everybody just wants to look at the stats. Oh, he played great. What about those three turnovers that gave the other team the football or gave the other team points? Do we not count that? We counted for everybody else. We rip quarterbacks that turn the ball over.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Is his responsibility to take care of the football.
Speaker 3: So as great a player as he is, So basically, all this.
Speaker 1: Is saying to me is is Joe Burrow is going to basically have to do he has to put on the superman cake because our defense is playing so bad, Right, he has to do it. Shaldon is doing if Josh Allen could do it, and he can overcome himself and not make the mistakes he made in the past and has his team playing the way he has him playing. Joe Burrow has to do the same thing, and he has to do with a much better supporting cast offensively.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on.
Speaker 3: It sounds it sounds easy, but it's not easy to do. Josh Allen makes it look easy, but it's not easy to do. But I understand ho where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: I remember when Peyton Manning had those bad defenses in Indy, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Goodness, and even and even he was putting up those numbers. Oh, hey man, he can't get done in the big game. Hey Manny, y'all, y'all, y'ada, even though his defense was historically bad, y'all didn't make the excuses for Peyton that you make for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: And I just need to know why. Yeah, I got time. I took now to day with you. I got time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know you got time. I took him out to day too. I took it that good.
Speaker 2: I need to tell I need you to tell me why Why is Joe Burrow getting a pass we never gave I didn't.
Speaker 3: Give him a pass. I say, I said it didn't play well. I said it in play well.
Speaker 1: Now, when you said about the three turn on, I just wanted to add a little context on the turnover, just say they weren't all his fault. But on the stash sheet, guess who Guess whose name is by them turnovers?
Speaker 5: Joe? Yeah, win is the strip?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 2: When have we not given a script sack to the quarterback because the ball's in his hand?
Speaker 3: You and hear what I just said. I just said, when we look at the stash sheet, who are the turnovers on? Whose name is there? The quarterback?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just I was just trying to give a little context on what happened or whatnot.
Speaker 3: But he didn't play. He didn't play as well as he needs to play.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow needs to understand, and I'm sure he understands, and they would have this conversation with his head coach, with his officer coordinated, and with his quarterback coach. You have to protect the ball. You have to in order for us to even have a chance to win going on from this season and later on in the future, you have to be the best at protecting the ball and not turning it over. Because if our defense.
Speaker 3: Is not playing as well or playing the way they played this year at any point, there is no way for us to overcome.
Speaker 2: Those zero, no way for us all up those mistakes, and we're not finna move on because I'm not gonna let you do this to Russ and Russ. You trust, you say you love Russ. I do, well, let's give Russ some flowers.
Speaker 3: I was the only one standing on the soapbox with Rush too.
Speaker 5: Now, don't do that, you work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Russ twenty nine to thirty eight, four fourteen, which is a career high, three touchdowns, one pick. He was said sation no today, Yes, it was his career high. He knew, like, look, as good as our defense is, our their offense is going to score. It is incumbered upon me as the quarterback and one of the leaders of this where he is the de facto leader on offense.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh, we can have our way with these guys.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and think about it. Oh, Joe, you did get seven from Britain. The guys that picked today. That thing, that thing was nice, That thing were nice.
Speaker 3: That was good. Listen, Boom pointed attack nice little jam boom.
Speaker 1: Eyes on, eyes on the ball. Oh we're going another way, Oski, Oski, let's go. Yeah, thats right. I thought after that play, I thought we was going to run away with the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was man.
Speaker 2: I remember, do y'all remember when Peyton Manning was losing to Tom Brady. Oh, he'll never beat Tom, and Peyton was winning MVP, but Tom was winning Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: He wasn't putting nothing numbers like Peyton, but he was winning.
Speaker 3: Oh. Tom.
Speaker 2: Peyton never went I remember he got beat forty one nothing by Chad Pennington.
Speaker 5: He got beat by Billy Bowleck.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were just ripping Pate, Yeah, ripping him. His defense weren't very good. He's putting up even his owner. When Peyton talk about I don't I won't, I don't want I wont championships, I don't want no star wards numbers because he feels that Peyton underperformed, right and now and Peyton. Go back and look at peyton numbers. That man won four in and all of them wasn't in no Super Bowl seasons.
Speaker 1: Fans media like killed him. Me too, I was one of them, Yeah, me too, yep, go back and look at what I was on CBS beat him up.
Speaker 2: Everybody did. But now, well, Shannon his defense, y'all didn't say that. When Peyton had a bad defense, y'all just said he couldn't stand up to Tom Brady. He lost the Super Bowl. Go look at peyton numbers in the Super Bowl. But he had that one pig six Tracy Porter read it right. They came with a zero blitz, he undercut the under route, and he eased them out. Y'all gotta stop this, y'all. Y'all got very very short memories. But what I'm seeing over yo, what I'm seeing. If we like somebody, we'll make every excuse in the world for I don't give a damn what he does or what he or she done if we like you. But I'm gonna call it straight down the middle, y'all know how I am. Now, y'all get on me and say, Shaddon, Yes, I do, y'all know I do. Go back and check my track record to see Benz. If y'all don't think I call it down in the middle, me too, me too.
Speaker 1: I call it down in the middle too, me too, me too, Yeah, check my track record.
Speaker 2: Russ put fo them, I say, hey, keep But here's the thing, Hey, guys with people, y'all keep saying, get that man, it's flowers. Don't give me my flowers. I'll plant my own damn garden. I broke my own damn flowers, and I pick on. I'm tired of y'all. Y'all don't want to get people.
Speaker 5: Russ.
Speaker 3: Hold on your own damn flowers.
Speaker 5: Throw your own garden.
Speaker 2: Hold on, put your own flowers and put them on displate.
Speaker 5: I don't even nobody. Don't give me no more flowers.
Speaker 3: I don't want them.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got my own garden growing.
Speaker 3: I'm on the road.
Speaker 1: I'm on the road, but they got no paday.
Speaker 3: I don't need y'all to give my flowers because I'm what you say, plant plant my own. I'm a plant grow my own damn flowers. No my own garden. He said, Mom, whatever, whatever, whatever you want.
Speaker 5: What you want.
Speaker 2: You want roses, you want daisies, you want lili, you wantunias.
Speaker 1: You know what I want tulips.
Speaker 3: I saw the movie Stormy Weather and Lena Horne. She liked tulips, So I'm gonna give me some.
Speaker 5: Russ.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: Russ is in the ideal situation He's with a coach that understands quarterbacks. Not that he can coach him, but he understands the psyche of a quarterback. And the one thing you can't do with a quarterback is beat him up mentally. And I think Sean Payton beat him up mentally. For whatever reason, Sean never embraced Russ. He never gave it, he never gave he tolerated it. He's like, I got a year with him, and I'm not so sure that Russ could have done anything other than going to the Super Bowl that would have ingratiated himself with Sean Payton. Sean Payton has a guy now, and he you know, hey, he has a young guy and young guy for the most part, Oh show, they're happy to be there even though their first round pick, and they can stomach a little more Russell. Of that, Russell has been the Super bowls. Russe is a multiple time Pro Bowl player. He's like, why are you talking to me like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What hey, He's.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I was finna safe for those that have been watching obviously, you know, because you got on me about it is I've been giving Russ's flowers for a very long time. Even when he was in Denver, you know, you was down to him because things on the way they should be going. I've always stood on that soul box for Russell Wilson because I understood there's no way, there's no way that a player like Russ that was with the Seattle Seahawks, that has played well at a high level for so many years, and all of a sudden you go to Denver and things just weren't right. I think the situation and the scenario that he was in, in the pressure that Sean Payton, who kept challenging him, yes, but rating him as a head coach, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I just knew that wasn't the right fit. And I understood once he got over there with the Steelers. I said it. As soon as he got there, I say, man, this is perfect. He's going with the.
Speaker 1: Right coach, the right type of coach, Yes, winning coach with the right mentality that knows how to deal with him. And Arthur Smith has put Russell Wilson in some great positions and understanding his strengths is his strengths and his weaknesses, knowing what he can do and what he can't do anymore that they used to do in Seattle, and it has been paying dividends off of him, man, and it's been perfect.
Speaker 3: It's been perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been he Look he's been, he's been good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he would have ever been what he is right now in Denver with Sean Payton. Look that first year, we got to talk that up because ain't nobody been good on the Nathaniel Hackett.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody. He got fired in Denver.
Speaker 2: And he lost his play calling duty in Green Bay excuse me and the Jets so nobody, so we can we can't say say, you know what, Russ, we're gonna just that first year. Now, whatever happened with you? Like I said, I don't know, but it just seems like he was never ingratiated. Sean didn't put his arms around him. It's like, I'm happy to have you as my quarterback for whatever reasons. And it was best that they go accept you know, you go your way, I go mine, and we're both better for it. The Broncos are doing quite well. The Pittsburgh Steelers are leading their division. They're doing it extremely well. And I'm happy for both because this this match wasn't gonna work in Denver, Not not Russ and Sean Payton. Maybe it's with somebody else, but not that. But Russ needed to go and get built back up again. And he had to start. He had to start. He had to start from scratch. He had to start from scratch. And and and what better place to go than with Mike Tomlin. Who's on, who's on? Firm, soil, firm, footy firm foundations ain't going.
Speaker 5: Nowhere, He ain't going nowhere. And so.
Speaker 3: The Bengals allowed five hundred to twenty yards the season. Okay, they surrendered forty four points.
Speaker 5: Oven came on the strip sack that was turned for a touchdown. Oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are the first team in NFL history to lose four games or more when scored at least thirty three points in a game.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna you gonna pour it on all night. Huh No, not just saying.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that you're gonna put on.
Speaker 1: We lost the game, now, Okay, I didn't share tears and all about my team losing. Okay, I've been vulnerable. I'm letting the world show that I'm vulnerable. And how much this ship means to me. And you're just gonna continue to pull on and just take the gasoline, right, you're gonna take the gas skin and pour it on the fire. Anyway, We're done with it then, okay, I'm gonna move on to the Texas and the jag.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead and finish, go ahead and finish.
Speaker 5: Just no, we're done with that.
Speaker 3: Just give it to me.
Speaker 2: We could at that horse, look it now, of across go ahead? No, no, no, what we didn't look Okay, we had a horse. He was a racehorse. We want as many races as we could. And then we turned him into a fly horse. We put him in the fields. So okay, now he can't fly anymore. Now, ain't nothing nothing to do. We either eat it or we turned him into glube. But we've got all we can out of this. We got all we could out of this horse. Yeah, so now we got to go someplace now, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: The volume