Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 2: Maybe Alexis will do better than I did.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, how about a little Chicken Wings, which I had some Wingstop for you, because the stock is up this morning fourteen percent, biggest rally in about six months. Here's a good example of beating an already lowered bar. Because Wall Street's basically happy that things weren't as bad as expected. So Wingstop said same store sales fell five point eight percent, but that was better than the six point seven percent decline that was expected. Wingstop still seeing weakness in spending from their calling out the Hispanic community and low income consumers. It did guide though, for flat to low single digit a same store sales growth for this year, and that was actually better than expected. But we continue to see a wide range of these chains right saying that consumers are pulling back fewer trips, smaller purchases.
Speaker 1: I get that as well.
Speaker 2: What is this West Coast?
Speaker 1: I've never been I've never been killed.
Speaker 2: We do have we I have not either, actually for as much as I'm talking about it this morning, but we do have some here in the Northeast.
Speaker 1: I'm going I'm going to them.
Speaker 2: I'm on the website now, going to the locator. See if I can find you can build you three way boneless. Yeah, well, they just had their big We.
Speaker 1: Have them in New York.
Speaker 2: We have an area they had there for the Super Bowl and stuff. People love it. So thanks. All right, what have we got? Oh boy, We've got a lot of stocks on the move here today. Analog Devices Okay, up five percent, cashing in on the AI boom. Everybody reported higher fiscal first quarter profit bookings growth, driven by strength in its industrial and data center businesses, revenue up thirty percent, communications revenue up sixty three percent, and it guided for second quarter revenue of three and a half a billion, also better than expected. And look the CFO here of Analog Devices, he said on the call. The macro and geopolitical backdrop remains challenging, and the revenue outlook reflects a new high water mark for the company. But investors seemed to like it. Like I said, stock up five percent, one year return fifty three percent, and it had really a bang up start to the year, up twenty four percent ahead of that earnings report today. So analog devices on your screen also want to point out Bayar down eleven percent. So there's uncertainty around its attempts to settle these lawsuits that are tied to the roundup weed killer. This has been going on for years.
Speaker 1: Years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sous younger when we were all younger. A Bear has agreed to pay more than seven billion dollars seven billion dollars to resolve current and future cancer lawsuits. But this still needs to be signed off on. They're saying that we might see some plaintiffs opt out, which leads them to you know, leaves them open to more liability. And Barkley says that proposed payout is actually bigger than anticipated. All right, now for the bit, I hope we have time for this real quick. Madison Square Garden Sports got to talk about it up ten percent. Companies that it's bored unanimously approving a plan to explore. So not a done deal yet, but they're thinking about possibly spinning off the New York Knicks from the New York Rangers, creating two distinct publicly traded companies. The transaction would be structured as a tax free spinoff. If it goes forward, it expects holders to receive pro rade a distribution of one hundred percent of common stock in the newly created public company.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm still in the wingstop menu. I've been doing that the whole time. I haven't heard a word. You said, there's a lot of good stuff there.
Speaker 2: Well, you can get your Wingstop and go to MSD and watch the next hopefully win this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 1: Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.