Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio, news. The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepke with Stephen Carroll, and we're joined by Tiwa Adebayo. So let's have a look at the investment company Ackermans. Firstly, they do a lot of different things, don't they? Why is their stock price up today?
Speaker 3: Well, we've seen a gain of as much as 8.5% from them today. That's the most in six years. And an analyst at KBC Securities has a pretty good idea as to why. They've cited their recent results saying they closed a solid first half. And they've also added that this marks a fitting contribution to the company's 150th anniversary year. So, a lot of history behind this firm. But getting into the numbers, we saw consolidated net income up 24%. with contribution from core segments rising by 13% and growth capital recovering to a positive € 21.
Speaker 1: 4 million.
Speaker 3: It looks like private banking is also still a key driver for the firm. And in terms of the future, they're saying they've upgraded their guidance for the full year, 2026, And they're now expecting more than 10% net income growth. You mentioned, Caroline, they do quite a lot of different things. They've also announced a new investment, € 93 million for a 37% stake in Greek aqua. So, they're expanding their food and agriculture platform into Norwegian salmon.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Okay. Let's go from Norwegian salmon to electrical devices and the French firm Legrand. What's the news from them this morning?
Speaker 3: So, as you mentioned, Legrand designs and manufactures electrical devices like switches and sockets. They're up as much as 3% this morning. And that's as Morgan Stanley has published a note saying that their shares are at an attractive entry point after a relative derating in comparison to their peers. So, they've actually shouted out Legrand as one of their top picks for the year end in a recent note. Their analyst says that Morgan Stanley's analyst says that their 2027 EBITDA expectations are 6% above consensus. And they also say that there are more ways to win at Legrand. So, they're looking at demand for white space. Data centers are looking for a strong 2027 and significant optionality regarding margins. Okay.
Speaker 2: So, that on Legrand. And then lastly, some news from Essilor Luxottica. Of course, they make the eyewear.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the famous sunglasses conglomerate, their shares are up as much as 3.8% today. And that's as we've learned of some news from them. They're set to buy back more than € 800 million of stock to bolster investor confidence after a slide in their shares. The company says this move shows its belief in its own value creation and long-term prospects. But it's been a pretty eventful week for the firm. They saw Leonardo Maria del Vecchio, who is the fourth son of the founder, saying this week that he's stepping down from his roles as chief strategy officer and president of Ray-Ban specifically. He's unhappy with the way the company is run. So, pretty dramatic turn of events there. And we have seen their stock tumble by about 40% year-to-date. So, really in need of this buyback to sort of bolster the company's outlook. We'll see more on that perhaps in the coming days if the plan works.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market-moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg.com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.