Speaker 1: Hey, guys, we're back for our second episode two Jersey Jays.
Speaker 2: I'm Jackie Goldschneider. I'm Jen Fessler. Guys. We're so excited our first podcast.
Speaker 3: I mean, we are so grateful, first of all, for you guys for listening.
Speaker 2: It's it's so well, we love you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I keep saying like it's I'm so grateful to my bowel. I feel like that was actually.
Speaker 2: Jenn's impacted bowel took one for the team. The bowel heard around the world. Yeah, yeah, how was that bowel done? It's oh, you know something.
Speaker 3: I It's funny because I got so many phone calls and so many texts from people concerned about me.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't clear that I was like miss the incident in the hospital was months and months ago.
Speaker 2: But it was actually really nice.
Speaker 3: I'm like getting calls from people I went to sleep away camp with You're like, you know, I'm sorry, Hi, Jen, I know we haven't talked in thirty years, but are you okay?
Speaker 2: I think that people would be so concerned about your content. Yes, that was very it was actually very heart warming. But he really do give a share. They look at.
Speaker 3: It was really nice, and but I did want to sort of like emphasize that it happened a long time ago, a long time ago, but months and months, and that it has not happened since because I have been doing as directed and chugging my water and taking my mir relax and eating broccoli when I have to.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but we were we were just at jingle Ball.
Speaker 2: Did you have fun? I mean it was amazing. No, it was so cool.
Speaker 1: Forget like Share, I mean, how is Share in her? What is she in her seventies right is? And she looks so good and like it has more like dance moves than any twenty year old I know, Like she's just like seventy is fifty?
Speaker 2: Is it that makes us? I don't know. My mom's in her seventies, She's she's pretty seventies she is, Yeah.
Speaker 3: My mom is eighty one years old. She runs from five to eight miles a day. That's a fact. She's like they call it like a superager. She is with like weights on her wrists. She's it's she's so much more. She's so much more busy than I am. She is between majohn running in her my god, you have no idea. She is like over the top and so much more in shape than I am. She stays up until I don't know eleven, I'm like in bed by nine thirty.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in my eighties. I think I want to catch up on every single movie I've never seen.
Speaker 3: I'm already I want to move. Yeah, I don't move now.
Speaker 1: So guys, we have got you know, we got to outdo our first episode and it more outrageous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's only one way to do that. Talk about sex. Talk about sex, baby, No, but really, let's talk about sex.
Speaker 1: I mean, because you know what, there's a lot of talk about sex on these housewives shows, and I don't I don't really think that.
Speaker 3: It's that accurates. Well, it's not for me. I mean in terms of what I hear and the way that sex is described. And I don't know if you know, certainly like as you get older, sex changes, as your body changes, as your relationships change.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 3: I tend to not really identify with a lot of what I hear. Yeah, not just a Housewives, but you know whatever other TV shows. I relate a lot to my friends when we talk about it. You know, in a casual way and describe sex where sort of the same points in our lives when it comes to it. But I don't relate to a lot of what I hear from housewives and celebrities.
Speaker 1: Right well, a lot of people on these shows imply that they have sex like multiple times of weeks, Like they're pulling each other into closets when the kids are like in the room next door, and like they're having sex everywhere, and like, you know, the reason why I have beef with it is because it makes you feel like there's something wrong with you, you know, Like a lot of times I'll be listening to these conversations and I'll say to myself, God, I love my husband so much, but like, what's wrong with me that I'm not, like, you know, ripping him into a closet, like you know, between like you know, afternoon sports, driving and like dinner.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think I was ever like that, to be quite honest with you, even as a younger person, when I was in my twenties and I guess my late teens when I started having sex, but I was I never felt like I couldn't wait for the sex and truth be told when I was younger, the only thing that was on my mind during sex was pleasing the guy because I was and you and I have.
Speaker 2: Spoken about this in your book.
Speaker 3: I was always so desperate for a man's attention and you know, just looking for intimacy and wanting to connect with a guy. And my way of doing that it didn't work, to be quite honest with you, but was to please them. And I was not in touch at all with my body or what I wanted probably. I mean, I met Jeff when I was twenty nine, but you know, really, until I was relaxed enough and trusted someone enough to be interested in my own wants and desires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to tell you.
Speaker 1: I think that that's one of the reasons why I hate blowjobs so much, is because when I was younger, like way before I was married, I was so interested in like just pleasing a guy so they would like me that I gave so many times. I'm sorry, Dad, if you're listening, but I give you kids, or quite a few blowjobs to guys who buttoned up their pants and then never looked at me again.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: And I think maybe like there's some kind of dramatic attachment to a low job for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see that. I just don't like them. Yeah, I mean maybe it's a whole.
Speaker 3: But I always tell Rachel my daughter, and she will only talk to me, you know, to a point in terms of sex. But I hope that whatever she's doing, she is doing what makes her feel good, not just what makes a guy feel good, right, and and that she's with somebody who actually gives a shit about her pleasure. Because we bond over this now, you and I like so many other things. All I cared about was that they would come back for more. Yes, which is a sad one hundred but okay.
Speaker 1: So on these shows, a lot of people talk about all the sex they're having all the time. Several of our own cast members talk about having it every morning, four times a day, you know, and like, more power to them.
Speaker 2: If that's true.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you there have been a lot of studies on this, and the leading studies so that women are age you know, middle aged, you know, forties, fifties, married couples, you're having sex once a week.
Speaker 3: That's you know, it's hard with this to like, I want to be as honest as possible in his open wall still, you know, protecting my family and my husband. Yes, and so it's hard to give intimate details. But I will say this, that's a lot to me. That's just being honest. I'm my sex drive is it was never crazy. I never had a huge sex drive. From being honest. But Jeff is sixty one, you know, I'm fifty five, and we are empty nesters. Well you know, so sort of like our kids now are back and forth. But anyway, but it's still I don't have that. It doesn't even occur to me once a week necessarily, maybe once every couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: What does he say about it?
Speaker 3: Listen, if he, Jeff wants to have sex, I and he does more than I do. I want to do to you know, satisfy him, and so I'm more I'm open to it.
Speaker 2: I just it doesn't occur to me right, And I don't know it's you do.
Speaker 3: Hear so so much talk, there's so much talk of how important sex is. Even you know, when I go to my gynecologist by he put me on estrogen and now I'm taking even estrogen pellets which are stronger than I guess the cream that my doctor prescribed. And once he did he say to it? He said, to me, you know, is your is it increased your sex drive? Is your sex drive better? Because I had, you know, I had spoken with him about the fact that it's low, and I was almost embarrassed. I was like, not really, and you know, is that not healthy physically? Emotionally? I feel like for me, sex is pleasurable, important, but it's not the most intimate thing that I share with Jeff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's other there are.
Speaker 1: So many other things that for me feel intimate, right, Okay, I understand that. I mean I do have on average once sometimes twice a week, but definitely not more than that. Yeah, you know, I mean I think that's a really unrealistic, you know, picture of what a healthy sex life looks like.
Speaker 3: When I'm with friends out to dinner, I'll get a lot of uh, you know, buy the end of the meal or whatever. Like someone will inevitably say one of the women will inevitably say, you know, shit, he's gonna want Like shit.
Speaker 2: I know he's gonna want tonight. He's totally okay.
Speaker 1: I would have dinner once and I ordered a dish with onions on it, and one of the women at my table looked at me and she was like, oh, she's like, somebody's not gonna want it tonight. And I said to her, because I'm eating onions, like I can eat out of the toilet bowl, and he would.
Speaker 3: Still want it tonight, right, Well, listen, And it's I think a lot of women feel like because their husbands or their partners are so interested in it more often that it becomes an obligation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You know, I have a lot of friends who say that their husband take it every day, multiple times a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, So I wonder and I think about this sometimes as a wife, you know, with I have such a wonderful husband who is so good to me and so good to our children and such a hard worker. And he again like he's not a twenty year old right, thank god, because his I don't want to talk too much about his sex drive. But it's not what a twenty year old, friends is. But is it for men almost like a physical pain or they need it.
Speaker 2: Like they need it? What is the mean that you need it? Well?
Speaker 3: I picture and again like that's why when you know, when Jeff's in the mood, I even if I'm not in the mood, I want to please him and not be I mean, I don't want to be. Maybe I hope this is not like anti feminist, but it's just the truth. I love him and if he's in the mood, and even if I'm not, I do want to, you know, make him feel good. And but I wonder if for men it's almost like so uncomfortable to not have sex and.
Speaker 1: Oh no, see this is what I wonder. Also is it like are you in physical pain? I don't think so. But also like longing like those well you know what, like go in the bathroom and jack off.
Speaker 3: They but that's not what so many men want, and I wonder why. Also, like isn't an orgasm?
Speaker 2: Is orgasm? Does it really like right? You know?
Speaker 3: And then there are I hear stories from my friends as well that it's not enough just to have sex, like it has to be an ordeal.
Speaker 2: It should be yeah, to be like an hour.
Speaker 3: Long, an hour long, yes that's time for that me, but an hour long, you know, for play. And I don't know, I couldn't. I could not deal with that. And I know a lot of women love that. I mean, I'm not saying not all women are like me that you know, are not interested in it many.
Speaker 2: Times a week, a day.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but this is just my friends and the way that I feel, and it's not a priority and certainly like not to.
Speaker 2: Like do it for an.
Speaker 3: Hour and no, no, no, no, what about like toys and lingerie?
Speaker 2: Are you guys into that kind of stuff? No, so definitely not lingerie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely not lingerie for me either, And I feel like that's like misrepresented too. You have these women who walk out of the bathroom in like a garter and like something up their ass.
Speaker 2: I don't know, something up there, ac No, not like a dildo.
Speaker 1: I mean like a thong, you know, like a lash thong and like missing pieces in the nipple story.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm not like, I'm not that into that. I mean, listen, I love a good vibrator.
Speaker 2: Is that a toy?
Speaker 3: That's just a necessary part of life? I feel like for me, for me, I don't know. Listen, Jackie's getting like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta tell you a jenn is so much more comfortable talking about like the real intimate Like we we have a you know, we were talking about what we might discuss and she was like, let's talk about masturbation. I was like, I think I turned like a whiter shade of pil I was. I didn't know what to say. I don't know why I have.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I maybe when I was younger like that, even that word, I would just bristle, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the way I am still to right, But no, not anymore. I certainly don't feel like that anymore. And I also, you know, having two older kids when they were younger, maybe even the age of your kids, I remember having discussions with them talking about how it was natural and they should never feel shame around it, that it's appropriate, you know, when they know that they're they're in a private setting.
Speaker 1: You said that to your kids, Yes, oh my god. If my mother said that to me, I would.
Speaker 3: Scream at her, no, don't anyway, Well, listen, I remember being the age, maybe in my teens, right, and I would like lock myself in the bathroom for ever, and when i'd come out, I know you're laughing, I would, And I remember like I would feel shame around it. I don't remember the whys or felt like I was, you know, in some way doing something wrong. And I just never wanted my kids I feel that way. Yeah, I never felt like that, you know, I mean I definitely did, but I.
Speaker 1: Always did feel like it was like a dirty little secret.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no, I mean it's it's just part of I think, being human.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like your kids are home for the holidays, now I have four teenagers in my house, Like, it's just not realistic for us to close the door and have a clique because my kids will hear it, and they're not stupid, they know all about sex, and like I won't be able to relax knowing that they could be hearing us. Well, it happened to us for sure.
Speaker 3: When this is obviously going back years ago, and I didn't realize that I was making a little bit too much noise, and all of a sudden, like my daughter started screaming how old was she about teens?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe okay, early teens.
Speaker 3: It was a mistake. And we don't have doors on our bedroom that lock. We have like glass double doors, and she was like traumatized and furious, and she's like, how could you how could you let me hear that?
Speaker 2: And I understand that of course it.
Speaker 3: Must have been just like you know, so just awkward at best, traumatizing at worst, but it happened. And the truth is, I did say to myself, I don't know if it I hope it didn't, like, you know, actually like traumatize her for real. But it's she should know that her parents are human and adults and sexual beings, and I'll want that for her when she gets older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I didn't understand a lot of things. And I was like, oh, you know, my dad next to his bed, he had a dresser and the bottom of the dresser it was a playbook.
Speaker 2: I knew you were going to say that. I always used to go right. I always used to look at it. I remember the women.
Speaker 1: There was one who was totally naked dressed where she was sitting in like a forest with snow all over the place. That she was wearing a huge white fur coat and she was completely naked underneath in the like spread eagle. And I remember I always used to look at that picture and be like, why isn't she dressed?
Speaker 2: It's so snowy, and like.
Speaker 1: When I got older and I realized why my dad had that magazine next to his bedside, I was like, which those pages all time?
Speaker 3: I remember, well used to look I absolutely did find playboys and I have had we're the one step father, and so I would always find Playboy and it also like turned me on. I remember bringing it into the bathroom with me, you know, and just probably feeling shame around that as well. And it's interesting now like that sort of leads into I guess a discussion a little bit about porn.
Speaker 2: And I don't mind born.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I don't mind it either. I enjoy it. It's not on a daily but yeah, I mean like if we're away, it turns me on, you know, just being in a hotel room. This is so so hard to navigate, like what's TMI and what's just honesty?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, I think if you think that other people could relate to it and normalizes something that's a little bit taboo, then a lot of people talk about enjoying porn, especially I don't talk about growing porn with any of my girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Well now you do, oh with you? Yes? Welcome, welcome.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like whatever makes you feel good, right, I kind of feel like if it turns you on, then maybe it's for me it works. It's I don't know, and I know there's a lot wrong. A lot of people feel a lot of my friends feel like porn. They catch their husbands or significant others watching. They don't feel good about it, They feel sort of betrayed. So can I ask you a question obviously if.
Speaker 1: You don't need to answer, if you don't feel comfortable, Okay, you and your husband separated at one point, yes, okay.
Speaker 2: Well for a year? Why do we separate? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I talked about this on the show, but for those of you who didn't watch, the very quick version is that there was infidelity and we were about seven years in so, like, it's so cliche, right, the seven year itch and I think that we were both sort of checked out of the marriage at that point.
Speaker 1: And okay, so it didn't have to do with your sex life all, you had a healthy sex life.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a great question. I don't think we were connecting in any way. So if we weren't, you know, connecting mentally or physically or emotionally, that was probably at the root of it. And so there was infidelity on both of our parts.
Speaker 2: And I don't but I know, I don't. It was not for me about sex.
Speaker 3: We weren't connecting, but it was not for me about the sex is not good and I'm going to find it somewhere else.
Speaker 2: It wasn't about that at all.
Speaker 1: So when so there was infidelity and then while you were separated, you were with somebody.
Speaker 2: Else more than one person, more than one person.
Speaker 1: Multiple, We're like, how did that feel? Because then you eventually ended up getting back together. How long was the separation out? A year? Yeah, so you had multiple partners. Was it different? Did you feel more like you wanted to have sex with them because they were new and a new body?
Speaker 3: I mean you would think so, right, Yeah, I mean I And again I mean I'm just just go I think I do have that like is there something wrong with me or is it from trauma in my childhood that I can't connect with my body enough to really like enjoy sex the way I hear that so many women do.
Speaker 2: But anyway, No.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, it was exciting to be with someone new after being married for seven years.
Speaker 2: But again.
Speaker 3: It was not I don't think it ever was about the sex. If anything, the sex was the least of it.
Speaker 2: It was just.
Speaker 3: About the connection, Like it was about the first kiss. It was about you know, the laying naked and being intimate. But no, for me, it wasn't about like, Okay, you know, so this is what I've.
Speaker 2: Been missing, not at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, And did your sex life change after you and Jeff got back together?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm gonna say no. Listen, and it's not it.
Speaker 3: We have always had a wonderful connection.
Speaker 2: I like to be close to Jeff.
Speaker 3: I want to be like even just at night when we are sleeping, I sometimes will just hick him and wake him up just so I can just hear his boy. He doesn't love that or like you can just like go like like move over closer, or I just want to like hold his hand, makes me feel safe, and he turns me on in more ways like than just sexually. Right, It's like, I don't know, he's just I like his body. I like the smell of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like Evan's you know, I like just like just wing safe. Yeah. Yeah, all right, So let's let's change topic. Tiny bit.
Speaker 1: I was watching another Bravo show, and on that show was recent somebody made a comment and this person was happily married and said that she just doesn't feel like people are meant to be monogamous forever. And it really struck me because I took that to mean that she it didn't feel natural for her to only have sex with her husband for the rest of her life. And I questioned, is does does monogamy feel natural to me?
Speaker 2: And it does. I don't think that I could feel.
Speaker 1: Intimate with somebody else, you know, and still be married to my husband.
Speaker 2: Like I think that there's so much more to sex. There's the connection, there's trust, there's all of that.
Speaker 1: So for me, I wonder is it certain people that just can't be monogamous or that are Can you be happily married and want to have sex with other men?
Speaker 2: Well, isn't it true that I don't know?
Speaker 3: Animals in the wild they're not monogamous, right, Like that's and we are, you know, in essence, we are animals, And so maybe that's a fact, right, Maybe it's not really natural. And I think that I hesitate to say this again, I don't know, is this I want to be as always pro woman, but is it less natural for women more natural for men to be with other partners?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I know we got to look into that, we have to.
Speaker 3: Look into that, but I don't. I don't know if I think that it's natural or not. But I just I think that at some point it feels daunting to think that this is it right, like, and not just because of the sexual aspects of it, but you're married, and you're married for a long time or not, but like that this is the only person that I'm going to lay with and be intimate with, and wow, you know, am I missing something? I think that I felt like that at seven years in.
Speaker 2: You know, I have heard a lot of rumors in my town or in other towns about swinging, and I wonder sometimes.
Speaker 1: How true that is? How many people actually swing? And like, once your kids are completely grown up and you're a little later in life and maybe you want to have a little fun, do you think something like swinging or something like a hall pass could ever work.
Speaker 2: I don't swing.
Speaker 3: In terms of swinging, the idea of being picture it as being just naked, right, And like what there was that show about what is it called when you're married to a lot of people?
Speaker 2: Polymorpha? Polymorphous?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was Sister Wives, No, but there was also the show about Holymorphousy. I can't say, I don't know, but about people that shared multiple partners and they were all like they would live together and get married and there was multiple There was I don't know four of them. They were all married and they were having sex with each other and then they would go to like these do we still call them orgies?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And I just can't picture a scenario where I would be comfortable enough to take all of my clothes off and go round the room and enjoy more.
Speaker 2: For me, I can't picture that.
Speaker 3: And I have also heard the stories in my town about swingers and what is it key parties or something you pass away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, not because I don't not even getting deep about it.
Speaker 2: I just don't think I want to, like, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Not for me either. There was that mom talk do you remember mom talk on TikTok?
Speaker 2: No? It was these you know, I got to get it straight. But I think they were all swinging.
Speaker 1: It was a bunch of like I don't know if they were they were some kind of religious group, but then all the women were swinging.
Speaker 2: They might have been Mormons. I might be making that up anyway, can fall past? Do you think?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, no, I mean I know I'm saying that's what more than people do. I'm saying, oh, light have been to you. But uh, what about a hall pass? Did that ever work? I mean, I don't think so. I feel like I got one in a sense. You know, it's like we sort of both did, but it's different now. I don't know, not really, because you were both like taking a break. Yes, hall pass, you're not taking a break. Hall pass is you're fully married and like you get one night. I guess with somebody else, I don't think that could work. I think it would destroy a marriage, right, isn't that that movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah? With them? Yeah, I've never seen it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I don't listen. I don't rule out anything. There's different. Everybody's different, and whatever works for your marriage, great if it, you know, I don't know for my marriage at this point in life. Ast of all, I don't want one.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not that doesn't honestly like I feel at this point in my life. I used to crave the attention of men. It was so important to me that I walked into a room and that men would look at me and that they thought that I was sexy. Now, if I never felt that again, it would be too soon, Like I don't have that. That doesn't drive me so a hall pass.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to kick George Clooney out of my bed like you used to talk about that, or like I used to have. I was obsessed with Blake Shelton and so because I'm like always upstairs in my bed just like, Okay, guess what if Blake Shelton makes it to our house and he goes up the stairs and he sees you sitting there with crumbs around you, okay, in your like like just laying there like a.
Speaker 2: Slot, and he you want to and he wants to go for it.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't think I've ever heard Evan once mentioned that he thought any kind of celebrity was attractive. And he doesn't like if I talk about it. I'll tell you something when the when the show first came on. When I was first on the show back in twenty eighteen, I was at an event and I was so like new to all of this, and then and Page six was there and they were interviewing people. They pulled me over. I don't think our show was even airing yet. We had just finished filming, and they were like, we're going to ask you rapid fire, like twenty questions.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: So they were asking me favorite restaurant, favorite food, you know, favorite brand to wear, and then they said celebrity crush. I said, I don't really have one, and they said, just just pick somebody.
Speaker 2: So I always thought that the football player.
Speaker 1: That Kim Kardashian was married to was gorgeous, So I said, who's that guy that Kim Kardashian was married to?
Speaker 2: Reggie Bush? And they said, okay, next question.
Speaker 1: You know, they kept going and the next morning, Evan got like twenty like people sending him. The headline was New New Jersey House. I was a crush on Reggie Bush.
Speaker 2: He was pissed.
Speaker 1: I think he was embarrassed, and I felt so bad so I tried not to like ever like even mentioned that I feel like somebody else might be attractive because I don't want to insult him, like I feel bad, but like he knows that I have, like anyone who knows me knows that I have like a wicked, wild crush on Pete Davidson. And it's so fucking unrealistic, Like what's really gonna happen? Is he really gonna leave? Like and all the crushed on having Goldschneider. I mean, let's get real, but like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we were just talking about swing. No thank you. Love love that man, but no thank you.
Speaker 3: And obviously we know he's got Jackie gold Stutter doesn't me but anyway, But the point is that Jeff would.
Speaker 2: Never that doesn't even occur to him.
Speaker 3: I mean we like we can be there watching a movie with our kids and I could oh my god, he's so hot, or you see, I don't oh god that she's so your type.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they know that. Yeah, it's always sad. I don't think Evan has ever said that he thinks that somebody. Why does that make you feel bad?
Speaker 1: I think no, because I don't want to disrespect him by saying like, oh that person like I would. I mean I would never say all that man is cute, you know, but like even like a silly celebrity crush like I I don't know, we don't talk about though I would say that.
Speaker 3: I would say any of that and do say it, like like even just oh my god, look at that guy. He's gorgeous, like in front of I don't know, my kids, And it doesn't that doesn't phaze me.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want to haul pass and I'm not giving out. No, I don't have either maybe back in the day. So what about so when you see all that time, Mary, what is it?
Speaker 2: Mary? Kill? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean like even that, like I would not feel comfortable because I think that he would be insulted. Yeah, and also like I don't really want to sure, Like I love my husband, I don't know that family. And when I think about somebody else, but I'll, yeah, get on the list. I mean like there's a lot of people, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like it would destroy it.
Speaker 1: Like if I was to do that, it's not only hurting my husband, it's hurting my children.
Speaker 2: And I don't I don't ever want to think about that, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Listen, when we when Jeff and I were separated, I because I had experienced a lot of divorce as a kid, and I was the you know kid in the scenario. My parents got divorced when I was three, So in my mind it I think I was surprised by how badly it hurt them, which seems silly and naive, but for me, it was part of my life right growing up, and.
Speaker 2: I that was.
Speaker 3: The hardest part was watching my kids miss daddy so much, and you know, not having our family unit together. And I I'm an idiot that I didn't anticipate that, but again I was. To me, it was like a part of life, right, And so the kid thing is very, very complicated.
Speaker 2: Again, I think that that.
Speaker 3: You have to factor yourself into the equation, even when it comes to your family. Your happiness has to matter. Have you ever been with a woman? I've kissed a woman?
Speaker 2: Really, yes, I never have.
Speaker 3: Yes, I kissed a woman again, like to please a man. It was so sad, right, So I don't know, I don't know about telling too much, but I did it to turn on a guy. That's just so pathetic.
Speaker 1: But it's so you'll talk about masturbating in the bathroom with a playboy from your stepfather.
Speaker 3: But A yeah, I don't know, some stuff feels right to talk about. Other it feels listen. I mean, what else is there to say? I kissed a woman?
Speaker 2: I mean how no, no, no, no no. I was wondering this the circumstances.
Speaker 1: So, you know, just to reiterate, like I just this study that I was looking at. It said that in your twenties. The average American has sex eighty times a year, which comes out to.
Speaker 2: Like one and a half times a week. But that's more that I mean, that's less than I would expect. Yeah, when you're in your when you're in your.
Speaker 1: Fifties or you have school age children, it's about once a week, and then when you're in your sixties it's twenty times a year.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to be disrespectful to my mom. She's a super ager. Yeah, yeah, at least it did. I mean now she's she's eighty one years old.
Speaker 2: But we've had discussions about it, and her mindset was always.
Speaker 3: That if it's if it pleases your husband so much and gives I don't know, relief in some way, then you know what's the problem, Like it's something that you do, and not that she didn't enjoy it too, but more from the perspective of, you know, the physical like if he has this physical need and he feels like when it's not satisfied, it's it's very hard to deal with and a lot of I know a lot of women and you probably do too, who feel like when they don't have have consistent sex with their husbands or their partners or whatever, that the partners get in a bad mood and it comes like in between them. I mean you hear that from your friends, Like I have friends that say, you know, get mad, they would go get very crazy. They withhold sex when they're mad at their husbands. I think it'd be hard to have sex when you're mad at your partner. For me, it would be the last thing i'd want to do. But not not not to manipulate.
Speaker 1: You know. Personal problem for me was so you know, I had an eating disorder for a very very long time, and during that time, I used to play around with dangerous foods. When I say dangerous, I mean like they had chemicals in them that I see they.
Speaker 2: Were yeh's a snap. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So oftentimes I was extremely bloated. Even though I was skin and bones, I was. I was very bloated. So I used to wear a shirt very often when I had sex, and it was because I didn't like the way that my stomach looked right and I wasn't comfortable being naked. I was also very very cold, and that's one thing with recovery, Like I don't have that anymore, and it's great, but I always felt bad because I knew it was a little bit weird not to be naked.
Speaker 3: So I relate to that like wholeheartedly. When I was younger, I wore absolutely always, Oh my god, yes, and again, I mean, you know, I've scept with an union disorder as well. But even you know, the times where I would get really really heavy and I wouldn't even think about getting completely naked into If I'm being completely honest, I still have insecurities, even in front of Jeff, who has certainly seen it all. It's interesting to me that I've at least the men that I've been with, they don't seem to have any insecurities no matter what their body looks like, which I wish that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I wish that I had always felt like that, But I hope that keeps going back to sorry rag to my daughter, But I hope she feels like that right like, no matter what she feels in her body, that she would be able to enjoy sex and feel free and feel desirable, you know, no matter what.
Speaker 2: But I didn't. I still always, I still don't always.
Speaker 3: I don't walk around I would walk around naked if I have during the time where I felt like my body looked really good. I definitely have, but now not wanting to go back to last week's episode about ozembic, but things have changed and it just I look, my body looks so much older than it used to and I have I definitely have a little bit of shame around that and don't want to I'm not as free as I was at one time, but it's gone.
Speaker 2: In and out. Like can you do anything about that? I suppose I could exercise? Would that? No? Would that? Do it? Like? What kind like lifting wasting weights or yeah? I told I think.
Speaker 3: I also said in the last episode, I'm trying to incorporate more of that. And it's not just because of my looks, but because at you know, fifty five years old, I need to your bone density is fading and it's so important right to keep muscle and to keep blimber and flexible. And I'm just I'm when it comes to exercise, I'm lazy, so but it is, it's really important. And now, of course that would change. I think it would change what my body look like. When you fill up the skin with muscle, it's got to look better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I still don't walk around naked. I love the way my body looks now. But I still don't walk around naked. I don't know, it doesn't feel natural to me.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kids, two of my kids will walk around naked all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't care at all. The other day, Hudson, he uh, he got.
Speaker 1: Like but like a sweatburn on his thighs, and I gave him a cream that started burning him and he's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: He takes his short so he's just running.
Speaker 1: Around the house like beat his flapping you know, and his new little pubes everywhere.
Speaker 2: You don't give a crap. He didn't give a crap. So don't you feel like that's more of a boy thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean lately for my kids, I think that my son was waiting up than my daughter again, like it's sad that I would like for her to beat Peel is free.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. That would be nice. Can you imagine feeling so free?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe there any other personal stories.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean we didn't touch on like which I think we had spoken about before the podcast, But in terms of like that whole that whole life kink factor and sort of what I have. I do have that part of me and I'm not gonna delve in. I don't want to, you know, freak anyone out. But I do have that part of me that is has a very rich not imagination, well not just imagination, but fantasy life right that I incorporate. It helps me during sex to enjoy it. And I never really acted on any of those fantasies. But sometimes I sometimes think to myself, like, is that devan behavior? Talk to my therapist, abduct.
Speaker 1: Are they solo fantasies or they involve your partner solo?
Speaker 2: Oh? And so I wonder is that's something? Is that a common thing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think everybody like closes their eyes sometimes thinks about something else when you feel bad.
Speaker 3: About that, knowing that like Evan was doing that, thinking about other women or other situations or other who knows, I mean other situation.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, honest to God, sometimes during sex I'll have to stop myself from thinking about like my choor lists, like what I.
Speaker 2: Have to get as to the supermarket. Want.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't help exactly, but I mean, like your mind does wander, yeahs to get there?
Speaker 2: Would I be insulted?
Speaker 1: I think I think a little like piece of my ego would probably be, but only because I don't know how fucking normal it is. I'm sure if you asked a hundred people and they didn't use their name and they were being honest, that a hundred people would tell you that sometimes they close their eyes and like picture someone else.
Speaker 2: It's not even someone else. Sure Evan has done it. Person.
Speaker 3: I'm not like closing my eyes and picturing a specific another man or woman, right, but I am picturing like I have these scenarios that turn me on, and you know, it's it is, it can be for me at times, it feels a little shameful. I don't know that it should though, you know, it's like and maybe it's supposed to stay private, and I've shared stuff with Jeff, but like also like acting on those with my husband is not something that I feel like it would just be so corny and silly, right, Like.
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know what they are. Well, I'm not going to tell you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well maybe one day, who knows, see how popular the podcast gets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, maybe that will be your celebration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am like sexed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like any cigarette. Oh wait, there was another thing, yeah, vacation. Oh yeah, I mean like, who put this like false narrative out there that Amen's sister. Yeah, you're supposed to have feel like there's so much more relaxed on vacation. I mean it.
Speaker 1: Depends like are you alone with your husband? Is it like a couple's trip, Because then I understand.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean even if it's not like we always had, like you have a separate room from your kids? Is it, oh, you have a separate room at home. I guess I don't know. I didn't get the whole. I don't relate to the whole, Like we're on vacation. Now's the time we could finally like relax and let loose the intimacy that I feel on vacation. This doesn't sound like corny, but like it's just doing fun things with Jeff Right. It's like being relaxed enough to you know, have him hang out with me in the morning, drinking coffee in the bed and getting up and.
Speaker 2: Having a whole day in front of us.
Speaker 3: That's just about like what we want to do and enjoying that because I couldn't I don't think I could go on. I couldn't be with anyone on a vacation like any like I could be with Jeff. I don't want to go on. Maybe when I get older, I want to go away with a friend or but I like just being with him. We have the same rhythm. We've like developed this whole both of us, this whole rhythm on vacation. We kind of are in sync, right, like we only want to do so much or I only want to do so much touring. I want to do a lot of eating, so does Jeff. Right, I want to do a lot of laying around. I want to do a lot of shopping, and well he would rather actually not too much shopping. But we have also seeing sites, right, But we have we've set up this rhythm after all these years that we just have a great time when we're away. And it's not because you know, we're hanging from the chandeliers.
Speaker 1: It's just not, Yeah, you guys so much fun.
Speaker 2: I wish we could do like a question answer service names.
Speaker 1: I know, maybe we could, maybe we could do like a live show and take like callers and stuff. I have guests on. I want to have I do want to have guys on. Yeah, we're gonna start having guests.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Send us like what you want us to talk about we're so excited.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Doing this for a long time, so we're gonna be coming to you, you know, right now. It's going to be every two weeks, but uh, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Just future holds, who knows, I know what the future holds. Can Jeff get home?
Speaker 3: When Jeff gets home, yeah, the future then holds me in bed with Netflix and.
Speaker 2: Crumbs and fantasies of Blake Shelton. That's exactly all right. Well, we are two Jersey Jays. We love you, guys, we do. Thank you for listening. Talk to you. Bye.
Speaker 3: M