Speaker 1: Hi, Scott, live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios. This is serial Killer.
Speaker 2: We need new theme songs. Andrew, all right, how do we get that done? I don't know. Didn't we like two years ago asked listeners to send us songs and I think we got one? Yeah, maybe two.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could talk to Brody. Brody can make them for us.
Speaker 2: He probably could. He's gonna charge us now, damn it. Welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: You should get more in the frame moved this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm Scotty B and I'm Andrew and we're fresh back from Austin. This is our first episode that we've done since we lost.
Speaker 1: Well no, actually bull Chat that went up on Saturday though, But this is serial Killers. This is what was nominated for the award, not Bowl Chat. Actually it's funny. All of Serial Killers was.
Speaker 2: So see, Okay, that's cool. And I don't want to know if you know anything about radio and you know advertising and marketing. I don't want to move further into the frame because then I'm going to cover up our farm their Fresh Dairies banner behind us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then maybe you should move more.
Speaker 2: Out of frames. Just get me out of here. Welcome to Serial Killers. This is the podcast where we talk about for cereal. We eat it, we try it, let you know whether you should have it or not. We think inside the box, inside inside. Yes, it's a very special episode today we're going to do three brand new cereals, all new all the time. Wow, not news new new Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: One to just get started. Let's get start it right into it.
Speaker 1: I think what we should really be focusing on too, And I'm just trying to like think long term, right, hear me out on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How much longer could it possibly?
Speaker 1: No? No, I think we need a new space, new space. We are so cramped in here. The lighting is way too strong. We need like you can turn down the.
Speaker 2: Lights, little mood, we won't be able to see anything. What is that?
Speaker 1: Isn't it the one?
Speaker 2: The song? Tonight's the news? Wait? Do we keep them off? That actually looks kind of cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. Actually you like that well? And the Farmland Fresh Dairries signage. Just look at that, it's like it's vibrant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is is actually fine, leave it. Let's do it like this. Look it looks good. No, it looked good. We were good. I like that all right, cool, So let's see, yes, yes, all right? So yes, so our friend Matt resent the box of cereals that was missing somebody totally jacket and they're having breakfast for days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they jacked it.
Speaker 2: They did it showed that, it showed that it was left to the front desk. Hey, guess what, we don't have a front desk, so don't know where that cereal wound up. So Matt resent most of them and one of these. You're going to notice something very similar or familiar on this box Andrew check it out. Oh the Sun face from where Raisin brand, right, he's some rasin brands. So Kellogg's rebranded a bunch of stuff. And so now first of all, this is brand new. This is just Frosted brand. Oh, which is really it? You've never had a Frosted brand flake no more. I'm excited, right, isn't that cool? Yeah? So they're using the sun and they've also had the complete brand fake flakes with used to just be complete uh brand like looks see, complete brand. It was different we've had I'm not going to eat that because we've had it already. Great, they just rebranded it, yes, all right. And they also you're funny, Andy.
Speaker 1: Make myself laugh. So I feel like we can't really have guests in this space.
Speaker 2: Why because it's just so cramped.
Speaker 1: Where's the third mic?
Speaker 2: Jeff said he's finally getting us the third mic. We'll have three.
Speaker 1: But I think we're gonna need to clean this out a little bit if we have guests.
Speaker 2: You know what, you clean your space, I'll take care of mine. I do.
Speaker 1: We could actually record over at my space. That's missed. I'm just saying I think we need to have more guests again. Maybe on Bowl chats, have a few guests.
Speaker 2: No, because we don't do that here anymore. You can have a guest in your apartment if you'd like.
Speaker 1: No, we can have them over zoom, you know, like we usually do with guests.
Speaker 2: No, but I would like some in studio guests. Okay, and studio is fun. We can go in there.
Speaker 1: The person from Watch with Crap ands Ben, he's gonna be in New York on the twenty seventh and he's gonna stop by.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to have him in. Yes, what you're gonna eat? I don't know?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah, crap right, watch your crapits so crunchy brand flakes with a perfect amount of sweetness. I just think that. I think frosted brand is very interesting because they've never no one's ever done into that realm before. You know, you're so jazzed about this, I am, because when you think brand, you don't think sweet.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the awards for a quick second. Of course, how shocked I was that they used mostly my voice.
Speaker 2: And my reader. I was just like, oh yeah, or.
Speaker 1: They must have loved my soothe sultry sounds.
Speaker 2: You know what, don't flatter yourself. They also have no idea anything about this podcast, so that's why that's what they used.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they would have used you for sure.
Speaker 2: They put some intern on it and they're like, just find a clip from.
Speaker 1: The actually false. I met the woman who did it on the way home. She like actually stopped and she goes, hey, so sorry, are you lost? I put together the clip package just wanted to say I really liked your podcast.
Speaker 2: That's cool, Thank you so much. She listened to literally seven seconds of it.
Speaker 1: Well she used mine seven seconds, so I'm not complaining.
Speaker 2: I just know very much about it.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the farm. That fresh Jerry's fridge.
Speaker 1: I will say, Josh did make a good point the other day. We have tried the almost the exact same amount of cereals. So you going on and on about how you're the quote unquote expert at this point, I've had a thousand plus.
Speaker 2: But I could quiz you on nine hundred and ninety eight of them and you'd be like oh what, oh yeah, And I could quiz you on them too, and you'll somehow sputter out of control and not get them. So these are the flakes are a little bit you know, they look like raisin bran flakes.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling this is gonna be a really good thing.
Speaker 2: It looks a little lighter because there's a little touch of frosting on them, let's say touch. I mean it almost. It's weird because it I don't even know they're good. I'm trying to think of what it tastes like. It tastes like raisin bran, you know. Okay, here's the thing. This is what this tastes like. Sorry, So when you let raisin bran sit in the milk, yes, the sugared raisins make the milk sweet. Yep, So this basically tastes like raisin bran that's been sitting in milk, but the raisins are all gone. You could have got the same sweetness, and I like it. I love raisins though, So that's what this is missing.
Speaker 1: I there's a it's not a full cereal. That's the best way to put it. There's nothing there that is like making me say, oh, frosted brand, got to get back to that.
Speaker 2: It's almost like there's something missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's the raisins. I think you either need to go super frosted, which they didn't like a frosted flake almost, or yeah, do something different because otherwise it's just.
Speaker 2: This third ingredients still sugar.
Speaker 1: I give it three bowls in a spoon, whole.
Speaker 2: Grain wheat, rice sugar, wheat brand, brown sugar syrup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three bowls in a spoon. It's not terrible, it's not bad. It's just there.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, for a healthy ish cereal, which I guess in there, which is why they rebranded. It is like, oh it's a brand. Don't feel as bad. You're not having frosted flakes. This is frosted brand, so you're eating healthy.
Speaker 2: But if this cereal came out forty years ago, it'd be called sugar frosted brand, because that's pretty much what it is. I'm going three bowls in a spoon as well. I like it. I don't hate it. I think it's missing the raisins, but I do like it. Oh, they still make maple raisin brand. Didn't know they still made that? Oh yeah, I didn't really love that one. Yeah, this one is bursting with delicious, not with raisins. It's a good sauce of fiber and it is a perfect amount of sweetness.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. Yeah, I think it could have been sweeter. Okay, like me, Yeah, I know what those are.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for this, so my mom.
Speaker 1: I think I have to take a picture of that and send it to my mom A three out. I have to tell her because she was buying that today. She was so excited when she found this in Florida.
Speaker 2: She doesn't need to buy us cereal. We have them all, But thank you so much, Donna. Why I gotta do her like that?
Speaker 1: This man?
Speaker 2: So anyway, cheerios now they're doing like the hidden vegetable stuff.
Speaker 1: I have to tell my mom please ready, one? Two, three? Oh, you didn't get the strawberry one.
Speaker 2: Oh, why are they're different ones?
Speaker 1: Donna's not gonna buy it. Don't worry, Donna's not buying it. Dona doesn't need to buy cereal because only Scott and his squirrels can buy him.
Speaker 2: This one came from Matt, Thank you, Matt. Yeah, no, she can buy the strawberry one. This one is Cheerios veggie blends blueberry banana ready flavored with other natural flavors, with spinach, carrot, and sweet potato. I know, I'm so disgusting. No, it doesn't. It doesn't because I bet they're hidden. Well you know it's those kids cereals where they are nut cereals, the kid products with like hidden veggies. So this is this is like a hidden veggie cereal. What just the way you said hidden veggiees that looks like straight up dirt. Well, no, those are the blueberry. That's the blueberries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dirty blueberries all.
Speaker 2: So I pretty much just smell blueberry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for this. I think I am. I don't think. I don't think it's gonna be around very long, but I do think it's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's sad that my mom can't Pius the strawberry banana one because you know she can she's not allowed.
Speaker 2: No, no, whatever happens.
Speaker 1: The other two cereals that we had to do for mine. Are we ever going to get to those?
Speaker 2: But the pouch that I threw in the corner somewhere?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, but we did them.
Speaker 2: We did them all we did. There's a pouch somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, you lost the cereal that I brought?
Speaker 2: Lose it? Yeah you did? Did you want to do the pouch? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would love to do one of them. You know, one of the cereals that someone from my world gave me versus it always just being you.
Speaker 2: So then would you hand it to me for you should just bring because.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be the cereal hoarding zone. What this is the holding zone before.
Speaker 2: It could get on air farm than fresh dairies two percent reduced fat organic milk. Okay, purple cow face, what's up?
Speaker 1: Suck?
Speaker 2: So the cheerios, no, hold on a second. The cheerios are a little bit smaller. It looks like the regular cheerios. They don't look the consistency of them does not look like regular cheerios. Are a little thicker, for sure, hmm hmm. There's a strange little taste, though I don't know what it is. I don't really taste the blueberry. I taste only blueberry, really, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, it's got it does have an aftertaste. I don't hate it. I actually am pleasantly surprised by this. Cheers, fruits and veggies. I don't hate this, I don't love it. I don't taste the spinach. I don't taste the carrot. I don't taste the sweet potato. If anything, I taste the sweet potato. There's an overwhelming amount of sweet potato.
Speaker 2: Overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that mixes in with the blueberry.
Speaker 2: I don't even really know how to explain it.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Look, we've had blueberry cheerros before. I guess it tastes a little bit like that. There's just something off with it that I can't quite wrap my head around.
Speaker 1: I don't mind this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give it three balls.
Speaker 1: I'm giving it four bowls. I actually like this.
Speaker 2: It's good for a try, but I don't think it's going to be your favorite cereal, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Now. I know it's probably for babies. This way they eat their full veggies.
Speaker 2: And you know what, babies already eat veggies because they don't care.
Speaker 1: What does Gandhi want?
Speaker 2: They don't care, like when Cooper was.
Speaker 1: Like, Gandhi, we're recording cereal.
Speaker 2: So why do you answer the phone? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, do you want to annoy Scott? You're on right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, Zero Killer Award nominated, Thanks Gun, thank you.
Speaker 2: We just tried Cheerio's veggie blends that has it. It's got hidden vegetables like carrots and spinach and stuff in it. I don't love it. It's really not that good.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 2: I want to try it, if only I could be invited on one of these days.
Speaker 1: Well, we're getting a third mic installed, so do you just wait and see? Whoa I can't wait?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I was calling to see if you can send me a picture of the lotion on your gusk so I could get to write this time.
Speaker 1: But that's it.
Speaker 2: I'll wait until later.
Speaker 1: Okay, sounds good bye, Gandy.
Speaker 2: Love you, God, love you. The lotion on your desk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she puts the lotion in the basket. What's that from that movie with the beans?
Speaker 2: The fava beans?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, yeah right, yeah, yeah, so did you watch it?
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's some whose Yeah. So it was made with a quarter cup of fruit and veggies anyway, Like I was saying, so when kids are really little, they eat all that stuff, like Cooper would down smushed peas and everything, and now she doesn't need any of that stuff. So babies will eat it and like it, so you don't have to hide it until they're a little bit older and they realize what's going on. But the only thing is with this, you put this box on the table and then because you're like, wait a second, spinach, no, because they can read at this point. Wow, you know what I'm saying now. They don't like to be tricked. Kids don't like being tricked. Just saying okay, all right, so we'll be back right after this. I beat us. I'm We're back.
Speaker 1: Can you write twelve twenty seven down twelve twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Is that where we were?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Twelve twenty seven, all right, Andrew, now is the time we're here? Andrew? What we're here?
Speaker 1: What is going on? Oh?
Speaker 2: The fire alarm?
Speaker 1: You also hit me.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that there was gunpowder in that one.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, it's worth this up. We're one thousand cereal. Oh my god, this is it. This is a thousand cereals right now? Please day one thousand cereals?
Speaker 2: Andrew? Can you believe it? A thousand? That's insane?
Speaker 1: How many more do you have?
Speaker 2: I've done?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I've ran out promise. Yeah. So this is what I picked for the one thousand cereal? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Alwy? Is it the one that my.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, it's the one from Brazil in the pouch that your friend brought us. Oh so, of all the new stuff that we had, I thought that this one was the most exciting. Okay, I don't think it's going to be around very long, but I wish it would be because it's our thousandth cereal. Okay, one thousand.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: The numbers could be a little bit off, but we're pretty sure that this isn't. Yeah, check it out, buddy, Captain Crunch is cinnamon crunch? Whoa amazing cinnamon crunch? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Which one? I mean? I didn't want to do the cheerios because I didn't think that was very exciting.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the most exciting one that I have.
Speaker 1: That I don't disagree. I think this is gonna taste really good. Aye, Aye, look at him. I just don't like his new face. I really don't. They need to go back to the old cartoon.
Speaker 2: He's he's a little bit. It's this is definitely like AI generated creep.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 2: We actually had Captain Crunch last week. Remember seaberry seaberry? Yeah, this is naturally flavored, which I love. So there's just a whole bunch of cinnamon and sugar in here. Who's all this sweetened corner? They come in vacuum at night?
Speaker 1: Oh really? Yeah, so you're just gonna leave it.
Speaker 2: The Epic Adventures of Captain Crunch versus Jean Lafoot. Of what Jean Lafoot? He's the pirate.
Speaker 1: That's the name of the of this pirate. Yeah, this pirate.
Speaker 2: No, that's Captain's not a pirate.
Speaker 1: What's his dog's name?
Speaker 2: Smedley?
Speaker 1: Really? I think so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Gama used to call me that, like your grandma used to call you Smedley.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really, yeah, I never knew what that was from what is it? Well? I mean it's from Woody Woodpecker. Smedley was the dog on Woody Woodpecker, but that was well, yeah, because that was in the seventies and eighties, so maybe she thought you were the dog or Wody Woodpacker. I don't know. That's pretty cool that your grandma watch Woody Woodpacker. If Woody would have gone straight to the police, none of this would have happened.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just assume that that is something that is a reference.
Speaker 2: All right. So these are little cap'n Crunch. They're small, These are cap'n Crunch.
Speaker 1: This smells like taco bells center twists. Yes, it look smells exactly.
Speaker 2: There's so much it's it's like just globs. Oh my god. It almost looks like the crumb from the top of a crumb canew. Like the machine messed up. But I'm all about it.
Speaker 1: This is going to be, I feel, the standard moving forward for milkshakes that have them. If this lasts long, they're going to start using these for cinnamon shakes.
Speaker 2: Really, I hope. I just hope it becomes widely more popular. Let's see, I know't maybe not maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also haven't had it yet. You could change, do you know?
Speaker 2: Where I found this cereal and sometimes no, sometimes this store is like a treasure trove Walmart. Speaking of treasure trove, look there's treasure on the back. Cool no dollar general? Oh crazy? Right? Yeah, didn't cost a dollar though, what a scam name. Now, I don't know why they call it that. This was three dollars and twenty five cents. Well, what can I tell you?
Speaker 1: I don't know what could you tell me?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Farm Their Fresh dairy is organic two percent of milk. We're setting up that visit, Andrew. We're going to the plant. I guess wait.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. It was also funny when we were at the podcast towards we were meeting all these podcasters who were like, oh yeah, we're reading for audible, we're doing this. We're like, we just got our first sponsorship Farmland Fresh Dairy, right, and.
Speaker 2: I guess you know what this particular container of milk, Andrew, it was made of plant thirty six dash eighty five eighty. I hope that's the one we're going to. I just can't wait to see the cows. There's no cows there.
Speaker 1: Well, and I can't just wait to see the machines that do the milk.
Speaker 2: All right, ready, here we go. One, two, three, Andy, Oh cwyfree Wow, Oh my god. Wow. There's a lot of cinnamym a lot. And the thing I like about it that is delicious. There's more cinnamon than the is sugar, and you still get the underlying cap' and cunch taste. It doesn't tarry the roof of your mouth up quite as much because the pieces are smaller. No, no, I like this, Andrew, You're delicious. It's overwhelmingly cinnamon. If Gandhi would not like this, oh no, not at all.
Speaker 1: I think that is a delicious cereal. It's the right amount of sweet, right amount of cinnamon. Is it just right?
Speaker 2: It's overly sweet and overly cinnamon, which is great. I think it's perfect. I love it. I love the abundance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a part of me wants to give it five bowls. I don't know if I can crush that cross the threshold.
Speaker 2: Of that, but I did four balls in the spoon.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna do the same. Yeah, I can't give it a full five, but this one is exceptional and I think it will actually be around for a very long time.
Speaker 2: What should we title this episode? A very long time. No, no, sir, I don't think it's gonna be around for a very long time. This thing has about a year or two a year because the cap'n crunches they come and go. Remember the Orange who the Orange dreams a one Greenschicol dreamsicle. There's so much sugar in my body right now, I can't even speak.
Speaker 1: Lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's gonna be a fun ride home.
Speaker 1: Can you drive me home by the way?
Speaker 2: No? Right outside that I definitely cannot No, because the problem is you made us record so late that I really have to get home. How did I because you were like dilly dallying? Oh realpcorn, because you didn't have to be in that interview.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's just usually when the people are here, I have to stand around be in case there's anything.
Speaker 2: A big chunk of cinnonym really quick, must bring this up. Okay. I tried looking for the clip. I can't find the clip anywhere, but this embarrassing contestant.
Speaker 1: You sent me this on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Friday night on Wheel of Fortune. So it was on the map and it was the puzzle where the letters like come up by themselves, so you can't really see it, but it says cedar rapids space space w A and the lady says, cedar rapids, Ohio? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When was Ohio spelled with a wnna?
Speaker 2: You know what? I understand? The lights, the cameras, pat say Jackson the idiot. Yes. So anyway, cedar rapids Iowa? People, what's up? You got dissed hard? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Everything about what you just said is more embarrassing than anything that woman did on national TV.
Speaker 2: But I was super excited to see, you know, my old city represented it on network television. It was great.
Speaker 1: It was not your old city. You lived there for eleven months.
Speaker 2: That's right. I have ties.
Speaker 1: You are the girl that study abroad. You are that person when I lived in Italy, when I lived in Milan, you lived there for six months. Becky, calm down.
Speaker 2: I have ties, dude, hi V that was my spot. I would go there and eat Chinese food.
Speaker 1: That was my spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got dis hard? They did? Okay, who doesn't know suedar rapids Iowa? I get it. And I used to live there. I would say, yeah, I live in you know, and they would say, oh, grand rapids, No cedar rapids so people will get the rapids confused. Yeah, but I mean, come on, dude, it literally says cedar rapids. Whah, what is it? Wow? Wah. I mean it can only be one thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely on Ohio.
Speaker 2: Definitely not Ohio. It was very upsetting to me. Sorry, well whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening to another exciting episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: And I'm so glad that Cedar rappers is on the map.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you don't have another one of those poppy things because I'm very afraid.
Speaker 2: Of you right now shout out to the three to one nine.
Speaker 1: Cool. Anyway, We'll see you guys, hopefully one day.
Speaker 2: Time this week. Yeah. Will you know what, I will commit to giving a bold chat from home one day this week. Honestly, you have been getting better and I really do appreciate that I reached out to you. You did on a nice Saturday morning. I just need the light now, I need the light, the ring light. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, we appreciate you guys so much for listening. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thanks to Newman. He's like our all star. He updates Serial Killers PC for us. We love him so much.
Speaker 2: He is anxiously awaiting this episode because we're late. We're literally recording this right now, Monday morning, March eighteenth. Yeah, so we got to go anyway. Follow us please on all socials at Serial Killers PC. Check out our friends on Instagram Farmland Fresh Dairies, and thank you so much for listening and until we see you next time. Say crunch, Andrew, crunch ol ol ow, you didn't need those