Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jettie I know he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: We are a country that has been voting against We voted against Hillary Clinton at sixteen and got Trump. We voted against Trump and twenty and got Biden. I think this is another vote against election out of vote four. This isn't we sit here we think it's about all these issues. This is really a cultural like this is people believe they're voting for a way of life. A good chunk of both sides of this, which is why nothing gets resolved after Tuesday Night.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a pretty good point for Chuck Todd and clearly where we are. And Joe explained why it is that way in America in our two I guess.
Speaker 1: If you missed it, grab the podcast Armstrong and Getting on demand.
Speaker 4: Since Congress, since Congress doesn't do their job anymore, and the President takes the reins of so many different parts of government, and government's more involved in our life than it's ever been. And then you add in the weird obsession with attaching yourself to the personality of whichever candidate. Yeah, people are voting feel like they're voting for a way of life and they didn't get their way of life choice if the other person wins.
Speaker 1: So no, we'll not worry, right, right, And you know, in at least a partial defense of people who are going nuts over the election, it was not many years ago at all that there was a huge overlap in terms of policies and attitudes between Democrats and Republicans. I mean a huge overlap. Now there's very very little, and to my mind, the outward end of the Democratic Party, the out to the left end, is utterly insane in a way that a Bill Clinton, that Jimmy Carter never were. They were wrong about some stuff, but they weren't out of their minds. Men should play in women's sports if they say they're a girl, that's freaking crazy. Tax Payers ought to pay for sex change surgeries for illegal immigrant murderers.
Speaker 2: That's looney to you.
Speaker 1: Ought to be locked up with the aforementioned confused, you know, murderer if you think that's a good idea in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Well, and obviously having our border this open for the last couple of years is unprecedented. Also, yeah, so the whole polling thing, and not individual polls, but just polling in general.
Speaker 2: I hope we're all learning a lesson.
Speaker 4: This polling isn't it's being portrayed or has been portrayed in recent years and is something it's not. And everybody got off track. So there is this all this the polls are wrong. I don't even believe the polls and pulls are wrong. They're not. Nobody ever said that they could be right. Really, it's not a thing. I was listening to Chris Steierwaldt, formerly a Fox Now of News Nations. Pulling guy said works for stuff like opinions of how do you like the new Coke zero can? And if you get like sixty five percent of people in a focus group like the new can or not, then you keep it. If you don't, but if it's off by five percent, it doesn't matter. You got the general direction of people who like the new can or not. That's that's the best pretty much you can do with asking people questions. It's not designed to drill down to a percentage, like the single percentage of whether or not it's right or not. It's just like in general, do people like, uh, you know the state of Arizona or Audi Cars or whatever your example.
Speaker 1: Is, and too hot and sandy by the way, Arizona.
Speaker 4: But when you get down to you know, close elections, it's not even it's not even supposed to. They would never the good pulling organizations never even claim that they can do that.
Speaker 1: Right, As I've said, it's a shotgun, not a not a rifle, which Trump would probably point at Liz Cheney from what I understand. More on that to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But so we started talking last weekend as Christyle or Chris Steyerwalt Nate Silver and some of the other good poles are start talking about the herding that they think is going on. Herding as in like a cattle herd, it's just either on purpose to influence the polls a certain direction, or more likely you just kind of a little bit out of cowardice. Nobody wants to put out a pole that's way out of what everybody else is doing. And so kind of like with herding, you don't know exactly know which cow started the herd run in that direction, but some cows did, and then the other cow started following it, and that's way it is with this the super close poles, and nobody wants to come out and be, you know, and say our pole has Trump up by seven or behind by seven, because you're just gonna get killed all day long by one side or the other.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to do that.
Speaker 4: And Nate Silver believes that they're they're they're adjusting their polls to try to keep them really close. And he says, they ran the numbers on the averages of the big poles. Even if all seven swing states are actually tied, there's only a one to nine point five trillion chance that so many poles would show such a close race at any one time.
Speaker 2: So, in other words, it's impossi it's impossible.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's impossible that all the poles would show, you know, every poll say yep, we've got it less than one percent in every state to US today, US two.
Speaker 1: It's impossible, which follow them, okay, okay, And yet they are claiming that very thing, wow, right, which is interesting.
Speaker 4: And then you have and don't need to belabor this, but then you had the Iowa poll come out yesterday with the single most respected in America, this woman that everybody trusts, and one of the reasons she's been doing it for so long and getting so much attention is you know, I was the first date in all the primaries, so they got more polling going on there than anywhere else.
Speaker 2: In the country for ever since I always been the first state.
Speaker 4: AnyWho, they had a giant, giant swing, and she was just explaining the Polster all day long. That's that's what we got. That's the way polls should work. You get big swings and you have to take them all in and look for trends and this and that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, so the fix is clearly in. And I don't think it's partisanship all the way it could. I'm not saying I know that it's not. But to me, it's like other industries, including the one we're in, where you will never get fired for doing the same thing everybody else is doing. If, on the other hand, you take a chance and it doesn't work out, or you publish a poll that says Trump's ahead by seven and then maybe he loses or something like that, you take a risk of losing your If you just you know, run along mooing with the rest of the herd, you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: Right, So Nate Silver, the great respected pollster, tweeting about this lot, and he's gotten in a whole bunch of fights with a lot of other polling organizations over this over the last four or five days. But he said, waiting is a your polls to try to bring them in the line. Is a form of hurting. It's a way to ensure your polls never get too far out of line with the consensus at any time or the previous election. And it's just, you know, it's like what you just described, it's just it keeps you out of trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I don't think anybody cares. But just very briefly, the point is that the rub is trying to predict turnout who's actually going to turnout? And if using your turnout algorithm, you have Trump ahead by seven like just coming out, you'll think, oh, our turnout algorithm must be wrong. Let's go ahead and tweak that. And nobody accuses you of tweaking the ultimate result. But that's what you've done. You've seen the ultimate result and you've reverse engineered a more run of the mill numbers so you don't lose your job. So quit obsessing with holes.
Speaker 4: America well, yeah, we have to because they're not actually giving us information, is the thing. So, as Brett Behar said on Fox This Morning, there are four results that are possible. Trump by a little Harris, by a little Trump, and a landslide, Harrison a landslide.
Speaker 2: Those are really your four. I mean, it's just that it's gonna be those things.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like a solid win for one of the other or really close for one of the other. In other words, we haven't got the slightest idea going into tomorrow how it's going to turn out. I know, I don't feel any more like it's one way or the other. I will be surprised if Trump loses, but I don't know if I've got a solid reason for.
Speaker 2: Why I think that.
Speaker 1: No, I've feeled that question many many times in real life lately. Joe, what do you think is going to happen? I say, I think Trump's gonna win, but my level of certainty is roughly fifty two forty eight.
Speaker 2: There is you can make the argument like we did last week.
Speaker 4: I mean, he can make the argument that women continue to be so motivated by the Dobbs decision that you get some really crazy turnouts and results like have happened in a whole bunch of states in the last couple of years, including my home state of Kansas, which has always been pretty red. But man, they had a heck of a turnout on the blue side for the last go around of abortion voting.
Speaker 2: So that could happen.
Speaker 1: Fellas, if your wife is really fired up about that issue, is going to vote for Kamala Harris, here's what you do. Tell her Calm down, Calm down, because that always works with women.
Speaker 4: Or it's really oversimplify it. Trump could win easily and it'll be Yeah, because my freaking groceries costs one hundred and fifty bucks the other day the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, How was he How was she gonna win with that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: We know.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear something funny speaking of spouse's Oh, we got a word from our friends at prize Picks. That's fine. Happy to do that because it's a lot of fun to play Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Chiefs play to night. What's the more or less on Taylor Swift being there? Do we know one?
Speaker 1: Right? I don't know, but that's the idea. With Prize Picks over ten million members, billions of dollars in award winnings.
Speaker 2: Really fun, really easy.
Speaker 1: You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one hundred times your cash. Run your game all season long on prize picks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can win one hundred times your money on Price Picks with as little as four correct picks, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: Price Picks now offers venmo for quick and easy deposits and withdrawals. It can happen within fifteen minutes of winning.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's fun, It is easy, you can dabble in it, and you don't have to spend your whole year on your whole damn fantasy league whatever. Download the app today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars after you instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code armstrong to get fifty bucks inta after you play your first five dollars lineup. You don't have to win. It's guaranteed. All sorts of good facets of prize picks. They have insurance policies for you if your player gets hurt, don't worry about it. All sorts of good stuff once again. You use that code code Armstrong the prize picks app prize picks, run your game.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, so you.
Speaker 4: Were getting some text about that. I don't think it is biased. I don't think it's poles that really want Common to win. I think is what Joe described and what Nate Silver is describing. It's just we don't want to stick our necks out. If everybody's saying it's close, we're going to say it's close to then continue to be a viable organization in the world of polling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like other people. They just want to keep their jobs. Yeah, well, I had a charming anecdote, but we don't really have time.
Speaker 2: We've got an hour and forty two minutes.
Speaker 1: What wait a minute, show me the contract. He's right, all sorts of great stuff, gender bending, madness, California's crumbling. What do you want out of me? I got it all for you? Do you got it?
Speaker 4: What do you think of Trump having that entire a women's sports team up with him on the I thought it was brilliant. That is boy, you talk about an issue that is an easy win.
Speaker 1: And granted I am a zealot on the issue of protecting women, protecting women's spaces, protecting women's sports. But it is growing and growing and growing. It's powerful and it's primal. You don't have to explain tax rates to people. Dudes are playing in girls' sports and beating the hell out of them. It's pretty easy to grasp. Yeah, we got an update on the San Jose State women's volleyball thing too, that continues to grow. That could be the no offense intended on any level, but the Rosa Parks awareness growing test case that makes people think, hey, this isn't right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely could be a lot on the way. Stay here. Kamala herself shows up on Saturday Night Live in the open and then the FCC commissioner came out and said equal time.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, it's against rules.
Speaker 4: NBC had to give Trump some time during Sunday Night Football last night, which I think is a bigger gift than Saturday Night Live and the NASCAR too, and so I think that's a win for Trump there. Anyhow, they did their usual impersonations. Maybe we'll play the Trump impersonation later. It's pretty funny Dana Carvey doing Biden here.
Speaker 5: Oh there, it's me.
Speaker 2: No Joe thank you for coming here to support me.
Speaker 5: Marsh my train was stopping here, so I'm being serious right now. And by the way, just good to be back on my home turf. Guess what, As you know, I'm from the part of Pennsylvania, there's a part of the state of Delaware.
Speaker 1: Well, so thank you so much for all you've done for my campaign.
Speaker 5: I can still do more and get out there and I can say more things.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, astralume time for my campaign.
Speaker 2: All right, I get it.
Speaker 5: Come on, let's get real proud of you.
Speaker 1: You got nothing to worry about. Come on, thanks Joe.
Speaker 5: All right, you know what, I saw a bunch of reporters and cams out there. I'm gonna go raf.
Speaker 4: The fact that the current president is being portrayed as a guy who just locks up and stairs at the camera and everybody laughs because it's true is an interesting moment in history.
Speaker 1: I read something really delicious about the finger pointing that's going on before the election has decided about who lost it for Harris, which is, you know, interesting in itself. But one of the signs of that fracas is the Biden loyalists who are complaining that they should have used him more and gotten them out there, and I'm thinking, what are you talking about. Well, he came out like saying the you know the the Cowboys would have won if they utilized the drop kick. What.
Speaker 4: Well, he came out twice in the last several days. One he made the they're all garbage comment that got her in trouble, and then this one.
Speaker 6: But I'm serious, these are the kind of guys you're like to smacking.
Speaker 2: Ass I've got portrayed.
Speaker 4: I think that actually was good Biden stuff for his crowd that hates Trump and everything. I think that was typical Joe Biden, tough guy talking to union people's stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't think that was a little homo erotic for me.
Speaker 1: I don't see that as a whichever way you swing right, No, no, it just seems silly to me. The idea that this guy would be the candidate at this point, it's horrifying. In a couple of months ago, they were telling us, no, it's absolutely I can't even keep up with him. Just idiotic. Speaking of Joe Biden and the Bidenomics, at least at Finley, one of the trio of absolutely terrific female columnists for The Wall Street journal with a great takedown not only of the media, but the explanation of something that the lefty media just can't comprehend. And that's what the economists called the irrational gloominess of the American voter in terms of economics, what Yes, Yeah, outpouring of similar commentary, the economy is glorious, as communist columnist Paul Krugman of The New York Times, if you disagree, you're a dense partisan, refuses to give prize in Briden credit for anything, And Alicia Finley says, yeah, I've gotten a lot of emails to that effect too. But then she points out, and this should be known, economy Biden's economy has been glorious for affluent liberals. It's been awful for the working class. Socioeconomic disparities have grown owing to the policies that were supposed to shrink them. The well to do got wealthier while the rest got poorer. Long and short of it, and it's proved out by many statistics is if you are on the wealthier end of things, all of your stocks and four oh one k's and investments and the value of your home they've all skyrocketed. But if you're just living paycheck to paycheck, even reasonably well, paycheck to paycheck. All you know is that your prices are up like twenty percent, your pays up half that well.
Speaker 4: I sent Joe a thing from the inflation calculator yesterday about salaries and how much they've gone down since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: What your salaries were?
Speaker 4: You want to depress yourself, Take your cup salary or, assuming it hasn't changed much like a lot of people's in the last three years, plug it into an inflation calculator, and see how much less you make now than you did just a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: It's shocking. It's shocking.
Speaker 1: So spending among folks making less than sixty thousand dollars is up eight percent. If you make more than one hundred thousand dollars, it's up seventeen percent. In short, the more money you have, the more you're throwing it around and living a pretty good life and doing fine. But working class in america's absolutely not and lefty journalism doesn't have any friends in that world, so they're unaware of it. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot more to catch you up on with the election tomorrow, when will we know what to.
Speaker 2: Result arm Strong and Getty. So on election night, don't expect to know the winner.
Speaker 4: We probably will have a pretty good idea who won the presidency, maybe around Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, if that's the way it starts to unfold tomorrow, I might just turn off the TV because you will, you will, I think, literally be taking in no useful information about the presidential election. I mean, it'll all be just conjecture and the you know, the the what if this happens, this could happen, If this happens there, you know, just and if you enjoy that, fine, but there's no point in it.
Speaker 2: So I'm it might be a.
Speaker 4: Really early night for for turning off the coverage if unless it's going to be a blowout one way or another.
Speaker 2: Here's something I just came across I hadn't thought of though.
Speaker 4: As we know, this could be a hell of a legal battle if Harris loses or is losing. The Democrats are the party of lawyers and lawsuits, and they could really turn this up to eleven in terms of never ending challenges all over the place.
Speaker 1: Election deniers, Oh, what was I watching last night?
Speaker 4: Was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was the that was the sixty minutes piece.
Speaker 4: So they went the entire time as far as I could tell, because that segment was actually about trying to convince people that the election is secure and how difficult it would be to cheat and everything like that, and what to do about all the people who claim it was stolen, and they kept going with example after example of Republicans, never once mentioned all the times Democrats have claimed stolen elections. Freaking Stacy Abrams became the Democrat at rock Star by claiming in Georgia that she was the true governor.
Speaker 2: Right for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, says if they're shameless liars.
Speaker 2: And they didn't even mention that.
Speaker 1: Wow, well they're crappy and I hate them. So a few stories that are not election related, but I thought you might find interesting. There's been a giant scam four point two billion dollars ripped off of Medicare by a variety of insurers who offer private plans under Medicare, known as Medicare Advantage. They send nurses to people's homes to just check them out, and then in astounding numbers, the nurses come back and say, yeah, yeah, Joe, Gitty's got a sore left elbow syndrome. So yeah, Medicare is gonna pay an extra nineteen hundred dollars a year for us to take care of Joe Getty. And in thousands and thousands of these cases, there's never any treatment, there's never any medication.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, just.
Speaker 1: That mystery diagnosis by the nurse who swings by the house. And again, billions of dollars of your dollars are disappearing in this scam. But it's not your money. Why did they care? Oh? In a related story, and this is you know, hell, this is a classic. But the Air Force paid eighty times the going rate for a soap dispenser that they put on bunches of their airplanes they're big airplanes, eighty times the retail because the procurement officers look at the invoice and say, yeah, all right, whatever, it's not my money. They just sign off on it over and over again. Meanwhile, you know, our troops do need advanced new weapons systems and there's no money for it. But anyway, just to generalize criticism of big fat, stupid government, another bingo bango bongo story. It's true to the point of being a cliche. Nobody wants to hear it anymore, that today's mariaguuana is much much stronger than the marijuana of days past. Anybody who consorts with marijuana addicts knows that. Certainly.
Speaker 4: I got into a conversation with someone about this the other day. They said, that's not true for the legal store bought stuff. It's very true for the illegal people are grown and stuff. Do you know, No, that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's not the lawful stuff from dispensaries in California, for instance, it's very strong marijuana. Now the street stuff could be even stronger. But for instance, because we're not you know, we're not talking about I got kind of wasted, and then the other night I got really really wasted. No, there are scientific ways to approach to this stuff. It has to do with concentration of THCHC.
Speaker 2: Well, and then well we got on it last week.
Speaker 4: It was the number of places in the country where they have people coming into the emergency room from marijuana that just never used to happen, and now it's right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's yeah, oh yeah, And they go into a lot of different problems that are health problems, and more pregnant women are taking the drug to ease the symptoms of morning sickness, only to discover that the souped up pot leads to pre term births, low birth weight, getsens in developmental delay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: But anyway, So Switzerland has legal pot. The THCHC content in cannabis has to be less than one percent. In France, the limits point three percent, which is like almost exactly the same as what they call woodstock weed sixties and seventies, you know, pot that the hippies were smoking zero point three percent. Compare this with Florida's Amendment three, which would decriminalize recreational marijuana, and they debated how high the THC concentration of marijuana should be one proposal. One proposal allowed for products containing up to sixty percent THCHC content, and that's again the old stuff was like one to three percent. Wow, yeah, wow, crazy strong.
Speaker 4: So you're talking about a different thing. It shouldn't even have the same name. Yeah, as Yeah, Sheech and Chong were smoking in the movies.
Speaker 1: Right, It's as if ever Clear was as easy to sip his diet coke because your lungs don't know the difference. The only thing that's going to offend your lungs. Is the smoke, not the THHC content. So you can take a big old hit of what we used to call vulcan mind eraser the current pot and just and cause yourself some severe neurological problems.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And again, as a guy who was playing rock and roll for years and took walks on the wild side, kids the idea that hey, I'll mess with my brain chemistry and then it'll go back to normal. That works when you're young, and it works if you do it a little. Usually, trust me when I tell you you can't do that over and over again, your brain starts to say no, I can't, and not to mention the fact that if you're you're talking pills or hard drugs, it's almost certainly got fentanyl in it or trank or worse. Anyway, moving along a lot of just the great story's worth a minute or two. No matter who wins the election, who wins the state that I'm sorry the Senate to the House. The salt deduction is going to be a huge war. That's the state and local taxes deduction. All the poor bastards in blue states playing in paying enormous high local taxes, state tax state income taxes, property taxes is huge in the Northeast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in California used to be able. I used to be able to duct my ridiculously high state taxes right now, and I haven't been able to since the Trump tax cuts, which I actually agree with from a fairness standpoint, but wasn't good for my pocketbook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they caped it at ten thousand dollars, that's all you can deduct. And you know, a blue state or for years and years and years and years. Yeah, Yeah, it's awful, and it was cool that the fence let you deduct that. But the other like forty states in America are saying, why are we subsidizing you who are like pouring billions of dollars into fake homeless programs that just make junkies lives easier to be junkies, and you're given sex changes to murderers in your prisons. Why am I paying for that?
Speaker 4: Sure, New Jersey and California, you vote for high taxes and then get to deduct it off federal taxes and make other states pick up the slack.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Three more stories real quick, the final two from the Animal Kingdom, But first PayPal knows your pant size, and it's telling everyone if you shop using PayPal, the payments company is about to start sharing your personal data, including everything including your pants size.
Speaker 2: Am I worried about? Am I worried about people knowing my pants?
Speaker 1: Sides? Well, I try to dress in a way that minimizes my body flaws. Don't. I don't need it being on the frontage in the New York Times, Joe Gettyweer's be size forty six pance I don't. By the way, Beginning November twenty seventh, it will start compiling its trove of customer purchase data offer to retailers sell to them so they can target their advertising to you. Now, twenty five percent of large banks said they share at least some of your data with non affiliated third parties, and they go into the list of all sorts of companies and credit card companies. Everybody is selling your data all the time to advertisers. Yeah, yeah, so two more real quickly, and this is so crazy. Move over, Neil Armstrong, Jack's cousin or uncle. The real Space Pioneer might just be a tiny insect with a ball of poop. The dung beetle they figured out navigates around the world by somehow citing the the milk, the Big Dipper, the Milky Way. What does it say? I can't remember. I read this like days ago. The dung beetle uses the Milky Way for navigation. These insects need to move in straight lines away from competitors while rolling balls up poop, a task that requires a fixed orientation point in the sky.
Speaker 2: Good work if you can get it.
Speaker 1: And scientists have figured out you can base navigation systems on the same principles in a way that I guess the dung beetles have made clear they you don't have time to get into it in detail. Do they have.
Speaker 4: Tremendous eyesight the dung beetle to be able to see the stars?
Speaker 1: No, they have superpower powerful telescopes obviously. No, I don't know. I don't know. But anyway, we will post this at armstrong e geddy dot com. If you are scientifically inclined you can you can read it under hot links. And then finally, this and this is not some sort of justification for the way I lived my weekend. Lions, tigers and beer, lions and tigers and beers. Oh my yes, even animals seek out alcohol in the wild. There are a number of animal species, from monkeys to lions and tigers that love fermented fruit because it gives them a buzz humh and.
Speaker 4: It makes that other tiger a little more attractive, or the boring tiger more interesting. You think, Stripe, he's not so bad a guy. He's all right, Stripe, he's not a bad guy.
Speaker 1: He's just a little goofy.
Speaker 2: He's all right.
Speaker 1: So if you got it, got after it a little bit over the weekend, it's only natural.
Speaker 2: Or you wake up in the den in the morning and you think you looked better last night. I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Wow, I got to choose my mates more carefully. Yeah, So we'll have those last two scientific studies, especially under hot links at Armstrong and getty dot com.
Speaker 4: For you, what's browning? Sounds like a bell dung a class a classic if you're a child. Another stupid election story just came out. One good thing about starting at six o'clock tomorrow night. Those will kind of end, I guess, Oh, please lord, he please stay with us.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 4: The whole Liz Cheney guns trained at her face thing, So the whole clip where Trump's explaining what he's talking about is like a minute ten. We're not going to play that whole thing, but you should go listen to the whole thing or read the whole thing. It's so obvious what he's talking about. He's making an argument. I don't agree with it, by the way. I don't think you need to necessarily be serving in combat to have an opinion on whether or not, you know, we should get involved in a conflict or not. But Trump was making the point that chicken hawks, as they're called, people like Liz Cheney and your dad are always for all the wars, but never fight them themselves. And he said, how about if you know, she's got a gun in her hand and she goes out there, now she's got nine guns trained at her face. The media just took the clip of I'd like to see nine guns trained at her face and made it sound like he was threatening violence against lace jus Cheney or suggesting she put in front of a firing squad over supporting Harris over him. And I was watching Mark Hauprin's zoom cast on Saturday as a unbiased reporter, just trying to follow what's going on and not choose a side. And Mark Halprin thought this was the most egregious example and dangerous example of media bias that he has ever seen. He said, this close to election day and flat out lying about what Trump said, because it's a flat out lie to edit out the context, just a flat out lie det out the context, especially this close to an election day. He couldn't believe it was actually happening, and that we've reached a new low in terms of mainstream media willing to put their thumb on the scale. He was beside himself as a journalist with just how bad the coverage was.
Speaker 2: Happened again yesterday on Facination.
Speaker 4: So Margaret Brennan on facin Nations plays the little edited clip of Trump saying that about guns trained at Liz Cheney's face without the context, and she's either pretending she doesn't understand the context or actually doesn't know. I don't know which, But she had Marco Rubio, Republican senator from Florida who's a Trump surrogate, on the show, and he pushed back, Thank goodness, well in.
Speaker 7: Terms of safety and security, that sounded a moment ago from Donald Trump talking about training guns on the face of Liz Cheney. The Trump campaign says that was about foreign policy. Well, we just played it for our viewers and listeners who heard it. Isn't it possible to make the case without using rhetoric like that?
Speaker 6: But Donald Trump doesn't talk like someone who's been in Washington.
Speaker 2: Years the way I were to face.
Speaker 6: No, but that's not what he said. Murray, you guys know that. Come on, I mean, everybody knows exactly what he was saying. What he was saying is you're so much in favor of war. Yeah, you know, you played a piece of the sound bite because in another piece of it he said he would give her a gun to go stand in conflict as well, you don't normally give a gun to someone that's going to be facing a firing squad, which was what much of the medium made it sound like. The point he was making is not a new point. It is a point that has been made by people in both parties for decades, and that is, you're.
Speaker 1: All for war.
Speaker 6: And it's easy to be for war when you're in some fancy building and you're safe and.
Speaker 1: Sound in Washington, d C.
Speaker 6: Let's see how much you are for war when you yourself get deployed into combat. That's the point that he was making.
Speaker 4: H Yeah, And again, does Margaret Brennan actually not know the full context. I suppose it's possible that her producers brought her the clip and they just and she just assumed they were being honest with her about Bigcom or she's got such a negative view of Trump, she just assumes that that he was calling for a firing squad with Liz Cheney.
Speaker 2: But again, it's just a flat out.
Speaker 4: Lie to present it that way, which politicians have been doing forever but always portrayed in the media as if Trump's a liar, and the mainstream media and Kamala Harris's campaign, they're playing it straight up.
Speaker 2: Trump lies.
Speaker 4: They don't you got a fact check, Trump, you don't have fact It's just so freaking frustrating, drives me nuts. I hope it doesn't actually affect the election. Like Mark Alpern is concerned. So the time changed over the weekend. More articles in some of my favorite newspapers, including in the Washington Post. Why do we change the clocks Anyway? The twice yearly ritual has roots and cost cutting strategies of the late nineteenth century. A recent effort to end it has stalled in Congress. Well once again an article about trying to nail down why we started with why we started doing this in the first place, with different experts disagreeing as to when we started doing it, why we start doing it? Most people hate it. It's just week, every six months we go through this. I did come across this. Benjamin Franklin is often credited as the first to suggest daylight savings time, after realizing he was wasting his mornings by staying in bed.
Speaker 1: So it was Benjamin Franklin who first prepared that who first proposed that the kaiser could save money during the fall harvest if American school children could conserve gas during the nineteen seventies, therefore are we have daylight savings time?
Speaker 4: He actually proposed that they fired cannons at sunrise to wake people up and reduce candle consumption at night.
Speaker 1: Sue the Great Ben Franklin sometimes hit, sometimes miss. It is time for us to do what we have been doing in that time as every day.
Speaker 4: One of the paragraphs in the New York Times was okay, if it wasn't the farmers whose idea was this?
Speaker 2: Which is just it's funny that we go.
Speaker 4: Through this, every insect whose idea is this, and everybody says nobody really knows, And then you argue about it for a while, and then we just forget about it.
Speaker 1: Get half a dozen different explanations from various points, and just leave me alone.
Speaker 4: Leave me alone, Armstrong and Getty