Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. Today was practice number nine of training camp for the Baltimore Ravens, and after practice, we had the chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh, new outside linebackers coach Chuck Smith, outside linebacker a Dafeoway, and defensive tackle Justin Mattabikee. We'll get started here with Coach Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to see everybody. Sure appreciate you being here. Very good practice, very a competitive practice, a physical practice. Thought the guys really stepped up and did a good job and we improved today. What questions you have John?
Speaker 3: With save Flowers, we see a lot of the big plays in the field, but you also field and just your interaction with and how how's he you know, as a rookie house he impressed you. It seems like you thiry mothers.
Speaker 4: I would agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, all the guys are very motivated, and say brings a unique personality to it. He's he's always full energy. He's an energy giver. I think he radiates energy. He's always ready to go on point, works hard, does extra, wants to be as good as he can be every day and he proves it by what he does. So he's doing a great job and you know, he's taking it one day at a time.
Speaker 5: John never had any wordory updates on Rocket see David a job or any of the guys that were on the field for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are short term. He should be back very soon. Rocks should be back soon. Uh, David should be back soon.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Trenton had a little issue, soft tissue, so that, you know, we'll probably play it safe for a little bit. We'll see where it goes. I think those are normal camp things. So far, so good, you know, like online, is your goal shot back by the pet Yeah, I don't know. I haven't thought about that. I mean, I think he's getting he's doing a really great job, and I think there's a chance, you know, he'll he'll be out there pretty soon. But again, I don't want to say for sure because that just gets me in trouble. Then you're gonna ask me, You're gonna say, well, you said he would be back by a certain time, right. It's like it's like it's like don't they say when you get arrested, anything you say can and will be used against you, Right. I feel I feel it's similar to that. Here this press conference. Sometimes we should be right, right, should read my rights before we press conference starts.
Speaker 5: John keban Seymour is someone who's been a major presence for you guys on special teams the last couple years.
Speaker 2: But it seems like he's had a really good start playing as a defensive deck.
Speaker 4: What are you seeing from him?
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent of Luke. He's playing dB very well. I mean, he's you know, you know, he's done for special teams wise, He's a guy a high promise coming out. Then he faced just a lot of hamstring issues in one one particular side, and and it dogged him for like three different teams and basically cost him in three different places. He came in here, we build a plan for him in our training room, in our weight room, uh and our performance room, and he stuck to it. He's worked really hard ever since. And now you know, knock on wood, he's in, he's been he's been doing great with that. So and I think his talent's really starting to express itself.
Speaker 6: John, probably he probably asked you a lot more about Isaiah Way.
Speaker 3: But Charlie Fullara, what does he need to show you guys to chance of.
Speaker 2: Snaps the parcasin right, well, I mean just what you would expect. Charlie's doing it. I mean he's showing us, he's making catches and he's blocking well every single day. I think he did a really good job with his body composition. He's bigger, stronger. I mean you walk by him, right, you see how big he is. I mean, he really is impressive. And I think he's done a great job with that. So he's ready to go and let's see how it goes into practices and games. But I expect him to do very well, and I think he's gonna earn playing time.
Speaker 6: To Munkins said yesterday that he's looking for one of those type ons to maybe be able to do the inline job a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Do you think either of those second year guys would potentially do that? They're not known for that.
Speaker 2: I absolutely, I absolutely do. I mean, watch him in practice had we had the inside run drill today, they're doing very well. So let's see what happens. But they can do it. I believe that.
Speaker 3: Fuming up special team players center make you play on defense. Pilimont Phillips had multi more exceptions.
Speaker 7: But Love to day is snacks and Pat play ups.
Speaker 3: What do we see him from him as the line Mack.
Speaker 2: Right, great point. Del Sean Phillips is playing. He's all over the field. I mean, how many, how many?
Speaker 4: How many?
Speaker 2: How many times the guy's hands on the ball, interceptions, passper broken up, he's the ball runs outside, he's there waiting for it. Just he looks fantastic and he's doing a great job. And I would say that the whole linebacking crew is really playing that way, so really happy with those guys. It's top to bottom. Every single one of those guys is playing super well. And he probably has been the spark there with that that that particular group, you know, behind Roquan and Pat John.
Speaker 3: What do you make of the wide receiver competition right now?
Speaker 8: Could this be the toughest some of the toughest decisions you have to make when it comes to decide of whose.
Speaker 2: Days and who go, no question. I mean you talk about fifth, possibly sixth receiver making this team, even the practice squad guys. I think it's just a fight.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: So many guys are playing well, guys are stepping up. You know, uh, you know that, you know that of course you've got uh Uh, Thailand, and you've got James Prochet and they've they've done very well. Then you've got Treadwell stepping up. Then you've got Black stepping up, you know. Then you got those young guys popping up and making plays here and there. So, uh, I can't wait for the games to start and see see who jumps in the games.
Speaker 1: Talking to Adante always today, he seems noticeably faster than last year. And he told me last week, you've been a lot of work in that.
Speaker 3: What have you seen from him making thick up the last year even year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a great question. I think he is playing faster. You know, maybe it's his response time, maybe the way he's processing things. But you know, he flew around last year. He made a bunch of good plays for us with speed last year. You know, the ball goes to the perimeter, you see him and and really all those defensive ends are out there pretty quick. So I think he's uh having you know, a stellar camp so far. So it's gotta keep building on it cause we're still early. You know, we've got we've got a long way to go.
Speaker 5: John one more and there with the media after the coach of practice.
Speaker 3: You mentioned how there was a much different five to this.
Speaker 7: Year's training camp, and Mark Andrews the NFL Network said this is the most laser focused and seating.
Speaker 3: He's been a part of this deep in the training camp. Is there a different feeling for you compared.
Speaker 4: To last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I you know, I'd probably to defer to those guys's opinion. They're they're they're more on the players are the most inside, they're the core and when they say it, you know they mean it obviously. So I'm happy to hear that. I feel that, But I feel every year, you know, I feel like our guys always come to work, but for them to feel a little more juice, maybe that's I'm happy to hear it.
Speaker 5: John Justin he had every days a pretty nice camps so far. Another expectations high.
Speaker 4: What is he to do?
Speaker 2: In your news kind of make that hext forward right, Well, you know, he watched the tape and he played really well last year, so it's just probably a matter of you know, consistency and and stacked even more great reps on top of those reps from last year. He's been very explosive, as you've seen both in a run game and pass game. He spent a lot of time in our backfield so far this year and usually not going around guys, so I expect, I really expect again high expectations for for him. He's a very determined guy. He doesn't say much. He kind of does his talking with his pads and that's what we've seen so far.
Speaker 7: John, we saw more gamers got a little frustrated today, I think a little more at times punted a ball away top Mogg.
Speaker 4: He said yesterday.
Speaker 6: We're not where we need to be right now.
Speaker 4: But that's okay.
Speaker 9: Can you talk a little bit of the progress of the offense and just the competitiveness out there and kind of the you know how demanding their being of where they're at and where they need to get to.
Speaker 2: And absolutely it's a reflection I think of their perfectionism. You know, they're they're chasing perfection and that's what you want to see from your players. When your players take that mindset, you have a chance. Coaches pretty much always have that mindset. When the players take on that personality, I think because they feel they're capable of it, that's what you want to see. I mean, the offense had a very good practice today. They won the practice with the points about eight points. I think it doesn't happen too often. You know, usually the defense wins those practices. The defense also had a good practice, but the offense made a bunch of plays. So the few plays they didn't make and they're mad about them. You know, that's good.
Speaker 4: We do two more guests, John.
Speaker 7: It seems like this is the most of Mars have thrown the bunny backs of any camp a bit too. I mean, I remember I think Gi Rove said, you know, Beth Lamar at times was the checkdown in that offense.
Speaker 4: Are you guys moving away from from that kind of thing or.
Speaker 7: Is it just kind of throwing to say with just how he's gonna process tough?
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I think the backs are very much a part of the passing game right now, you know, and whether it's checkdowns, whether it's you know, flat routes. You saw we threw a wheel route in the in the corner of the end zone that we almost made, just kind of went right out of bounds, but the catch was still made. You know, rookie running backs don't get named yet. We'll see, you know, before we can start using his name, but number thirty four. You know, he showed, he showed he can run. He's got good hands, you know. So yeah, and I think all the backs, you know, Gus who has you know, maybe not been known for that, has made a lot of good catches and run some really good routes. So all those guys are really doing a good job. I feel like every one of our backs is a good receiving back right now. I mean, Melvin Gordon's done a great job. Justices look good doing it. They've all looked good doing it.
Speaker 3: Might be a bit broad, but two weeks into the training help you.
Speaker 7: See the rookies take on the challenge of the daily practice.
Speaker 2: All yeah. I mean I haven't seen anything any problem with those guys. I haven't seen those guys blink yet, you know. So, And and it's been a grind form because they do extra, they stay extra after after mini camp, they come back in early, and they are just a bunch of guys that kind of like football. They're very comfortable in the in the discomfort of football, you know. And and uh, we appreciate that. That's kind of why we drafted them. We brought them in.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks, you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. That was head coach John Harbaugh talking to the media after today's practice. Now let's hear from the Ravens new outside linebackers coach Chuck Smith aka Doctor Rush.
Speaker 3: You make up the young past rushers to this point of camp.
Speaker 8: Are you why are you liking where you are today?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 4: I like the fact that they come and work hard every day. I liked that they're enthusiastic. They've we've really learned how to work with one another as a unit. And you know, they're fantastic to work with. And I'm really thankful to come to an organism, an organzation that has two guys with so much talent and upside. You know, you go a lot of places and you go and you're like having to find guys that you have to develop. You know, I got this job and they're already here, you know. So it's been fantastic so far. Those guys everything I thought they they would be.
Speaker 8: Oh wait, the other day committed you for your help not only on the field, but also in helping his confidence as well. How can you think of ways of how you've been able to just moved.
Speaker 4: Him confidence fly I think knowledge. You know, one of the things that I pride myself on is being a somewhat of a past rusher story and outside of a pass rush coach and now as a position coach, I enlightened them on the history of it. You know, who created a cross chop? He didn't know that the cross chop was created by another Nigerian O c Yo Manori, forming New York Giants, And that's like wow, him and Dafe. You know, they didn't know that Reggie White once played in the USFL. You know, they didn't know about Chris Dolman was one of the original hybrids when he came out of pitt you know, so all these different things unders and when the sack was invented in nineteen eighty two. So remember they came to football late. So one of the way that builds confidence when you understand how there were people who invented these techniques. You know, there were people that you know, how it started. And so when I talk to them almost like a not really a teacher student, I look at it like an uncle and a nephew, you know what I mean. Uncle tells you all this stuff, and you're like, I'm gonna believe uncle. I might not believe daddy, but I believe his brother. So that's how it builds, you know what I mean. Then we take it from all those things, watching film, I give them, you know, things to read, you know, classic books about rush. We look at videos and then they see it on the field. Then they see other guys doing it, and I think when it comes to that point, that helps build confidence and you know, respect amongst each other because we can talk and it's not a dictatorship. It's like a partnership with everybody in that room.
Speaker 3: You also, undis you guys a front in general? Cash rush?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: He's got a lot of people. What stands out to you pass rushers?
Speaker 4: You want? Well, I'm glad you asked me that. Let me just fix this mic right kind of like like I'm jay Z all right. So look, first thing I gotta say is we are called the de front. Right, I'm the head linebacker coach. I want to get this understood. Listen and how it works. Coach Weaver, Anthony Weaver is my mentor and in the defront, it's me as our side linebacker coach. Coach Weaver is the assistant head coach, but as from a from a standpoint, he's been around the league a long time. We all work with everybody's players. You know, everything ultimately goes through coach Weaver. But Coach Weaver has given me a platform to do whatever I want to do. So from the standpoint of it that it's a blessing. You know that someone will let you come in, be humble enough where he's had crazy success and he would let me come in and do things that most people in this league won't. And that's the difference here with this organization. And so also we have another person, Matt Robinson. I could not mention him, you know, because he's a master of coverage. I've been working on learning coverage. I've learned the coverage. But if you know anything about Mike McDonald in this Raven's history of defense, it's a lot right. So the thing that Coach Harball did he put a utopia, I mean, I'm sorry, a nucleus of people around me that are experts, and Coach Weaver has expertise and he's also working. So whereas I get a chance to work with Beck, we work with Beck, you know, Mike and Broad. But guess what he also works and does things with Ojabo, so I want to make sure they get the proper You guys understand moving forward that there are a lot of hands in this process. And you know meda Beak. I actually met Medabeak two years ago. He came to Atlanta to train with me, and they actually still trained with my assistant Dez this year because I'm out of that business, so I'm not able to train man. Meda Beak is Medebeek's a beast. Medabeak has incredible upside. And you know what Medabeek kind of reminds me of. There's this new generation of big guys that kind of come in three four defenses that you'll see, like the guys at Washington. You know, those two big guys that were from Bama. When they came in, everybody said that what two gappers. Right. There are times I'm sure y'all wrote like, well, they ain't gonna have no rush. They just got you know, Montez and Chase. But the two inside guys became the better pass rushers. Right. Think about the guys in Miami, some of the big guys, those big guys in Miami. Think about the big guys up in New York, all you guys kind of know. But all I'm saying is this, the evolution of the three four defensive tackle is Beak. He can rush, he can play the run. He's aggressive, he's physical, and the sky's the limit, it really is. He he's in that unique air where he's going to continue to grow and he has again he's been coach well, you know Mike and his defense. He fits perfect in the defense. But Beacon is a dog. I mean, he's a dog, and he comes to work every day and has passion and he's a good teammate.
Speaker 2: The last time you were up here, you talked about a da fe Aoway and we're going to know what his signature pass rush move is soon.
Speaker 5: Does he have that down yet and if so, have you seen it developed in the first.
Speaker 4: Two weeks of camp. Well, we've been working, you know, we're just working on all kinds of different concepts, you know, and that's what camp's all about. We're here to win, but we're also here when we lose, there's opportunities for us to say, you know what, let's tweak this angle, you know, let's work on We're working on the spin. Let's do power, which is something that we want to be able to add in the dude that has super charged power. I mean, you run a four to three, you can generate some power with your feet and that'll help you run through people. So in this process, you know, I can't say right now specifically his one movie's doing, because we're doing lots of moves. Does that make sense? But ultimately whatever works best for him because we got time until the season comes on. But you know, he's pretty skilled up. You know, he's skilled up. We've been working on it and we're able to communicate and see what he likes and what he doesn't like, and you know, we'll continue to develop. But right now, you know, we're in camp. You know, we're battling it out. We're working on not only working on the Daffe, but we're working on other guys that are in the unit. You know, to you know, t Rob, our fourth round pick, been balling. You guys have heard about Ham. You know what I'm saying. Jeremiah Moon is having a great camp. You know, we know about Ojabo. You know, so I got to give a lot of credit that a part of that unit because when Doff and Ojabo come out, they're guys that are going in that are battling against number ones too, first teamers too. So in this whole process, the unit's doing great, and those guys are doing great, and they come to work every day and continue to be as good as you want guys to be to prepare for a season. Pression. He's got heavy hands, he's not afraid of nobody. He's not. He has come out. He has a workmanlike attitude. And one of the best examples I can say about him, we were going to do the first one on ones of camp, the first so you know, Dapa is running up. I mean, Dafa is gonna be number one right off the bat, Dape right now, he's the leader of the group. He is. That's how it goes, you know. So Dafe runs up, He's ready, you know, he's jumping all of a sudden, Dovahs like little bro get out the way. I mean, you know, t Robbins six six and a half, he's ready. He's up there with ready to go. You know, he's up there, ready to go. And that's how he is. I mean, he is physical, He's getting at these guys. He is, you know, hard worker. He's gonna definitely be an asset and I believe in the future the Ravens fans are gonna love that draft pick. In the future. I mean, I think he's gonna help us. You know, some this year when.
Speaker 7: The Ravens hired Mike McDonald last year and the players talked about how it was a complex system, but it was pretty intuitive to learn from yourself being a coach who you know, has to know this system, maybe as good, if not better than these guys.
Speaker 4: How you kind of grasped it. Well, I've grasped it. I mean, I know the defense I had to learn, you know. But you know, I think that's really interesting about the NFL. You know, we've had football school. We've done the install twenty times, you know what I mean, even now we just started. When we started camp, we started with install. So when the rookies were here before this, you know this, the veterans got here, we did the install. We've been doing it. So I've had to learn and I have never knew more coverage in my life. I'm like wow. But then so now, when I was at home with my sons were there, I was like, yeah, y'all, let's get on the board. Let's talk some quarter flat you know, let's talk some cloud but so not I never It's been a blessing the way they've taught me. They've been truly and I still learn and I got to give these guys a lot of credit. I got to give Mike a lot of credit, or coach or you know, Chris, everybody, especially Mike and Weave and Matt. I mean, they have been really patient. They have any time I've called them at night, anytime I need them, I can text Matt, Mads, I got you, you know what I mean. So it's just been pretty cool. But yeah, I had to learn now and I'm still learning. I'm still learning because now you know, Mike is like the mad scientist, were starting to throw stuff out. There's like, all right, let me get back to the drawing board. So I continue to grow. There's still things I got to learn, but I definitely have learned coverage as well as understand how the pressures work, and you know, the past rush is second nature. Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. You just heard from outside linebackers coach Chuck Smith. Next you'll hear from a few Ravens players. First up, is third year outside linebacker a da f Aoaya.
Speaker 3: We were talking talking to suck.
Speaker 6: Here's an enthusiasm for the pastrut his knowledge and history and all that stuff. When you started your relationship with him, what would you say you were looking forward from the you know.
Speaker 11: Just I really just wanted a guy a first of all, that you know, played the position that they were coaching me with first of all, so he checked the box there. And then it's a guy that you know would not only teach you the technique, but pushed like the mentality of a pass rusher in terms of confidence, a go getter type of mentality, trying to get off taking that first approach, you know, taking that attack approach and stuff like that. And then obviously the tech technical parts of it, you know, teaching that part and then you know, slowing it down for guys that you know are new to the game, like a like a Me or a Jabbo or guys that you know are athletically inclined, but in terms of skill, you know they have they have a little bit of ways to go. So you know, that's those things.
Speaker 3: And it was in your uh firstuppression of the reputavieous.
Speaker 4: Pros Nah, he's been good. He's been real good.
Speaker 11: He's real strong, tall, doesn't talk a lot, but like you know, when when he talks, he's asking questions and like he receives it well and then like he'll do a good job of you know, implementing what you taught him and doing it the right way and stuff like that. So he's a sponge, pretty good strong, you know, and he's not he's not scared to you know, make contact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think coach.
Speaker 3: You have just mentioned you've taken on more of the leadership role as.
Speaker 4: Your you fe like you have it.
Speaker 7: How do you feel like your that?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, I I appreciate him saying that, but you know I've I've taken him in tidy of you know, just trying to leave by example, just trying to you know, run to the ball, you know, take every rep as if it was my last rep, you know, go hard and everything and try to perfect everything he's teaching me. But you know, obviously our room's really young, so you know we're all you know, trying to learn everything. But I I I I like I accept that, and you know, I thank him from doing that and everything, cause it. It makes me wanna, you know, uh play harder and take that role of you know, trying to knowing the other guys watching me. You know, I've always been the youngest guy in my room. I always had vets. So it's a different dynamic.
Speaker 4: Now he's like you because he used to before he was a guy that.
Speaker 11: He That's what I'm saying, Like I've I had Justin had JPP, I had other older guys that klaius you know that were always you know, teach me what to do, big rook if you guys remember that all that. So you know, it's just a different dynamic now. So I'm taking it. I'm taking it a different way.
Speaker 4: Yuck.
Speaker 3: You watching any other pass pass rushers that he's saying, hey.
Speaker 4: You has to match meets like this guy, and uh he does.
Speaker 11: I don't know, I wanna you know, give them that, but uh yeah, he he has like a whole thing in his iPad of you know, certain names like so he'll like David will have me and stuff that. You know, he thinks that our skills, that our attributes match towards and you know we'll try to you know, mirror and stuff like that. So you always see us with our iPads, you know, trying to figure out who who matches our game. But also he teaches us that, you know, everyone's their own type of rusher. Everyone has their own things that are good at, So you can't mimic everything. You gotta find out what you're good at and then take a little bits of it out of the pass rushers.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah, in terms of.
Speaker 5: Things he's taught you and tech news wise or between your favorite the biggest.
Speaker 11: Tries in terms of I'll probably say get off and then having a plan at the top of my rush.
Speaker 4: And then what Chuck always talks about. He's like rib.
Speaker 11: He always saying rib. So like at the end of the rush, you gotta side sitsus. You know, rip A lot of times I would, I would beat my man, but like you know, to get my hips clear enough, I I didn't do that, and that's because of the rip, like you said, So I'd probably say it like those two things.
Speaker 8: Yup adoct for how important is it for you this year to obviously sacks are important?
Speaker 3: What for you individually? How important is it for you to put together a strong sack here?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: You know it's real important cause you know that's obviously I'm a pass rusher, so that's obviously the most important thing for someone in my position. But I also I also wanna win, you know, so you know that if if I know, I'm I'm doing everything that my team you know, needs me to do, and I'm doing it like how Mike wants me to do it and how Chuck wants me to do it as well. The sack's gonna come there. It It's gonna be coming bunches as well. So yeah, you are good.
Speaker 4: They appreciate you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. That was olb A. Dafeoway And finally now you'll hear from fourth year defensive tackle Justin Mattobike.
Speaker 4: Good, good, good, justin.
Speaker 3: What do you make of you guys to this point in practice? How do you feel about where you are today?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 9: Just taking a one day and time through camp, we're around that time where we're getting a little scrappy and tired of seeing each other. So we're definitely looking forward to next week playing against our next opponent.
Speaker 4: So it's been good. We're just trying to get it all together.
Speaker 9: Taking one day at a time, keep sharpening toolbox and keep crafting getting better with.
Speaker 10: Maclays isn't here anymore, Justinust not here anymore. So there's some sacks that that need to be replaced. How big of a factor do you think you could be coming offset that and you know make up for some of those sacks and.
Speaker 4: Past part huge for sure.
Speaker 9: That's why we brung guys like Chuck here, you know what i' and I even worked with Chuck even before he came here, So the fact that he's here is even a bonus for us. Dalla fe Javo tyas like the whole d line. So it's gonna definitely not even change at all. So we're just trying to get those connections together with the with the games and and the timing.
Speaker 4: So that's why we're doing out here in practice.
Speaker 10: So you've gotten better every year, put up more production. You know why do you think that is? And and what gives you confidence that you continue that trend and build on that sack production from last year and years?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: I think it's just my my inner hunger just to get better asking old like older guys like Koa is like uh like like he's so things that they did and my age to get better and just take a note and just applying it to my games. Always, always never being satisfied, always find finding ways to get better, and always never stop act like asking questions.
Speaker 4: Just be a little kid, you know what I mean. You said, like you started working with Chuck a couple of years ago, putting before he got here.
Speaker 3: So what made you seek him out?
Speaker 4: And what does he What are the things he brings it, you know, help bring out your game.
Speaker 9: Uh, the the things that he brings to my game is just you know, timing with like with moves, you know, shadow box and moves. It's just a repetition thing, he tells U. It's a repetition. He's been in our shoes. He's playing in the NFL, he's r he's rested passer. I got him from uh justin Houston, actually out there in uh Atlanta, so I w I went to him and that was my first time beating and we talked on like on social media and stuff like that, but meeting him actually and working with him, that's when it happened.
Speaker 4: So what were your like your.
Speaker 3: First impressions when he did work with him and and what kind of.
Speaker 9: Jumped out to Oh, just the stuff that he was saying, it made sense. You know, stuff that he said I could relate to, cause he's he's actually played three tech two y five shade even as a nose So he just the way that he would talk to us, and the just stuff that we would understand by him being in our shoes. It just it just basically it made it quick.
Speaker 4: So do you think it is.
Speaker 7: Going from seeing him as a as a private coach to him being employees Ravens and for the whole team as a whole.
Speaker 4: How beneficially you think that's gonna be. It's gonna be a benefit for us.
Speaker 9: Uh I, I don't see it. There's nothing different. He's just the same Chuck that I was before he was a coach here. But uh, I just got to see him every single day and get to ask him questions in person every single day.
Speaker 4: So it's really a blessing.
Speaker 6: So when, uh, when Michael Pearce was going through the Jfutch Lineman every day, he kind of said, well, obviously, Justin used to be out there almost.
Speaker 7: All the time.
Speaker 6: I mean, do you appreciate that you're at the point where your teammates.
Speaker 3: Kind of see you that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. You know, respect is in there.
Speaker 9: It is, It isn't given, it's earn So I F I definitely respect the fact that he respects me and just sees me as that way.
Speaker 4: But you know, just at it. It did.
Speaker 9: It doesn't stop the grind. It doesn't stop the the push to keep being hungry, keep being great, keep getting better. And that's what I gonna continue to do.
Speaker 3: Get the train any differently, to play more snacks just than the net.
Speaker 9: It's a while, Yeah, it's just uh, just more running, more gashes, running to the ball, just never being satisfied. You feel like if you ran enough, just run ash three to five gases after practice. You know what I'm saying, Just f it, just do it. Just added every single day, to add a break every single day. It always adds up in the end. So that's what that boyced I took from all the guys that I knew.
Speaker 5: So you got pretty nice progression.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 5: What you think you've made trys coming into.
Speaker 3: Just us it and hit it. Uh, hold your focused on and made their strucks.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 9: I think just everything, just like attention to detail, bringing more sharp holding myself to the higher standard. Uh pass rush uh running s uh strength, just everything. Everything I try to work on everything pretty.
Speaker 4: Does for this year. Uh they're pretty high, you know.
Speaker 9: I I'm still working on it, honestly, like I uh, I advised, I had them every uh like every single day.
Speaker 11: CA.
Speaker 9: I just feel like it's just not high enough.
Speaker 4: Just not high enough. So trying to get through camp.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, take care of my body, finding ways to get better and taking care of my body and just uh taking one day at time.
Speaker 8: So justin you're in a contract here, how does that impact you going into this year?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: You know, it's just like everybody goes through the contract gear. That's how I see it. You just put your head down to work. Put your head down and work. Put your head down and work. I feel like the more you think about it, the more it get it becomes a distraction. You just put your head down and work and ful, everything's gonna work.
Speaker 4: It's fell man.
Speaker 5: So mentioned the goals or there are specific longs to you keep a list? I mean, how do you kind of feel about that?
Speaker 9: I did this little I got a little little journal I write in and uh, you know what I'm saying. I just try to do daily goals and stuff like that weekly goals and then long term goals and stuff like that. So uh, probably the past three years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So just do you.
Speaker 7: Think the deflect the past celebration here stick.
Speaker 9: For you guys, the urb one, Yeah, that's everybody's catching on, even Weave and everybody's doing in the fact just though.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's it's fun.
Speaker 9: We're just trying to have fun and you can just get better at the same time. So all right, thank you all, appreciate, thank you.
Speaker 1: For listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast. As always, please subscribe and don't forget to leave a rating and review.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 1: On Raven's Press Pass you can hear every single media availability from players to coaches all throughout training can so if you missed episodes earlier in camp, feel free to go back and check those out. And if you haven't already, please subscribe to the Lounge podcast as Garrett and Mink continue to give their training camp takeaways and fill you in on which players have surprised them so far. You can find the Lounge as well as Raven's Press Pass wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for listening and we'll talk to you again soon.