Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets Tworld, the podcast that once chronicled two guys who had never seen Dancing with the Stars, but watched a season and somehow walked away experts. From there, we've entered into Traders, a show I'd never seen, but Will swore he could win.
Speaker 2: And now we turn.
Speaker 1: To Survivor season fifty, the big One. This time the roles are reversed. Will has seen exactly one season, the first one. Meanwhile, I've watched for years. We are Wilfred Ell, who prefers his wilderness with room service, and Ryder Strong, who will hike any mountain but hates the beach. Two best friends, one devoted to the comforts of civilization, one who would never leave the woods if he could. Both reality competition scholars join us as we dive into alliances, blind sides, fire making, sand related misery, and twenty five years of television history culminating in a single massive season.
Speaker 2: This is Pod Meets Twirled Seeking immunity.
Speaker 1: What what? What?
Speaker 2: What was your impression of the Morning Zoo show that.
Speaker 3: We would starting dingle in the dank.
Speaker 2: It's ding in the morning.
Speaker 1: We're gonna crank call puppets today. Yeah, I mean, maybe we should just give up our Survivor recaps and just go straight Morning Zoo radio show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I feel like we need like three more people, oh yeah, yeah, and we need a soundboard.
Speaker 1: And then like we have somebody that we always annoy by calling, like your mom, you know, Criticle Will's mom for her opinion, what she gotta say about this Will?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got it, and oh I love it. Which one's dingle and which one's the dank is the question. We'll figure, we'll work.
Speaker 2: We'll work shopping later. It's got to be your dingle dingle And with me coming into you with Morning Wood.
Speaker 1: Well, I know we annoyed a lot of our listeners last week by our severe lack of Survivor knowledge.
Speaker 2: That is the point of the show.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna remind you I have watched some Survivor. I obviously haven't watched enough.
Speaker 3: Did people not like it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just because yeah, I get.
Speaker 1: It, Like, I'm sure if you actually keep up with Survivor history and these contestants in particular, but we I'm yeah, I've liked Survivor, but I've been a very casual watcher. You know, I don't keep track of all the rule changes, it turns out that the New Era is actually just that it's a shorter a shorter period of time there on the island, Like they used to stay longer and the game was slower to start, so like you didn't form, like people just didn't play as aggressively. But in the New Era, the game got condensed and there's just it's a quicker pace.
Speaker 2: So I'd like, I did read.
Speaker 3: A couple of things where people said you were spot on about certain things though, like the fact that apparently in the early seasons they really concentrated on building the shelters and getting food and the actual survivor aspect, right, this is nothing to do with that, No, Well, in so.
Speaker 1: They cut into a little bit about Raizo Bee and lazy Yah, right, so they are doing stuff, they're just not like editing my own you know, like yeah, they're only editing those moments in if they play into the social game strategy, right, Like they're not including because I think people just got bored of like every season being about like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so hungry or I'm so cold.
Speaker 1: But I also think maybe people stopped complaining because they kind of knew what they were getting into. So that's the survival aspect is so low priority nowadays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's interesting. I mean I'm not fully in yet.
Speaker 1: I'll be telling you because you prefer like Alan, where it's really about what they're actually doing.
Speaker 2: Make it what it's about.
Speaker 3: If it's called survivor, then give them no food, give them no fire, and let them win stuff or whatever it's going to be, and then make it about we've got to build a shelter. We've got to work together as kind it's almost Lord of Flies. We've got to work together as a community. We've got to do this kind of stuff. But this is it seriously seems to me like a bunch of people sitting around going who should we vote off?
Speaker 2: Let's vote her off? No, I don't want to vote her off. Okay, let's vote somebody else off.
Speaker 3: Well, now we've got to go and do a challenge, okay, And and the whole and I'm kind of going.
Speaker 2: Like, is this it is?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: Is this all they do? Yeah, it's it's more like you know, I think.
Speaker 1: If you if you hear Jeff Probes especially talk about it, it's he's always cause it a social experiment, right.
Speaker 2: And that is.
Speaker 1: It's it's more about like I think, yeah, they just they've decided to play into the drama and the interpersonal stuff as the strategy, you know, as the game.
Speaker 2: It's it's basically a game show with the with the backdrop of the island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the game show the game is very row physically, you know, like these challenges are no joke, you know, like.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how people are not getting hurt.
Speaker 2: Basically every episode.
Speaker 3: I know, because they do a lot of stuff where you're jumping and landing in the water the wrong way of it, and a lot of these people are not in their twenties.
Speaker 2: I mean, the people that like Cob Coby this is.
Speaker 1: You know, my wife has talked about doing Survivor, and my son has been pushing her to do it, and she's always said, like she would kill at the strategy, like she loves the social strategies. She would be great at all and she would she would be genuinely because she's so good at socializing, Like she's good at like being friendly to people and getting them on her side. But she's also can be machiavellian in the best way. But her biggest thing is the physical challenges and she's in good shape, she's just not in that kind of shape and she doesn't love like working out. You know, you have to like be like a person willing to really push, you said to yourself.
Speaker 3: Though they've changed it to where like there's some some people that are not on the island that aren't in the greatest of shape, so there are more kind of like positions for those. Yeah, exactly like it, like the whole team needs to do this, so she could take and she.
Speaker 1: She just doesn't want to, and she's like having to jump and swim and climb and do all that.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's just not this person. I think that would be the fun. I couldn't do whatever. I'm such a whimp, you know.
Speaker 1: Like I just like I when I go into the woods, I'm usually backpacking, like walking very little, you know. I'm the whole experience for me is just the the the nature stuff. It's not pushing myself physically. Like I'm going into the woods this weekend with a group of friends and I'm I'm really nervous because one of my friends is on a big physical fitness kick right now, so he's like we're gonna be mountain biking this day. Then we're gonna be surfing in the morning, and then we're and I'm like, yeah, okay, I'll be I'll take care of the meals and I'm just trying to like make really lavish meals with lots of alcohol. So we're too hung over to do half of his ex my whole plan smart now, No, I'm just I'm gonna try. But you know, I'm like, can we do e mountain biking? Like we got electric mountain bikes and we can, so we will.
Speaker 2: Good. Where are you going near Santa Cruz? Okay?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: Nice? So out in the rare inviting me. I am busy this weekend and can't go with you. Oh you would?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Would you really come into the woods? It's not a chance, exactly a chance.
Speaker 3: I'll do the drinking part, but I can do that here.
Speaker 1: You could just hang out at the house and be at the cabin when we come back after or.
Speaker 3: Are camping if there's if you don't have every streaming service camping.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, So to be clear, we're gonna know some survivor stuff. I cannot keep up with these characters. I've definitely seen a lot of the seasons that these people played in. I don't have the memory to keep track of them anymore. And the problem is I never watched any season live, Like I never.
Speaker 2: Actually that's not true.
Speaker 1: There was there was one period where I was in a Survivor league, like a fantasy football league for Survivor and yeah, and it was, but it was all email based. We never met in person. It was it was like a friend of a friend one when they found out that I was into Survivor, They're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you go to join so and so's league.
Speaker 1: And he ran very like had a whole point system. So there were maybe like twenty of us and I never did very well.
Speaker 2: But the whole point was that you picked.
Speaker 1: Your your person, you know, your team the first episodes.
Speaker 2: You can only after the first episode.
Speaker 1: You had to pick three people that you thought we're going to go to the end or at least one of them would you know, win, And then there was a point system based on if that person, if you're one of your teammates, got eliminated, you lost, like if they if they did well on an immunity challenge, you got points, you know, so you would get points based on like the different aspects of the game.
Speaker 2: So those like three seasons I watched live.
Speaker 1: Otherwise everything has been completely out of order, me and my wife and my son just being like we haven't seen this season. We just click on it. So it's very hard to like keep together in my hand.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping most of our listeners are dear, dear listeners, as Danielle would say, understand that when we say experts, we're joking. What we really mean is we have no idea what we were, And hopefully they understand the correlation between the other than dancing and and Traders, of which we are actual experts survivor. We're experts in that you've watched the show and I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I think all right, so let's get into this episode two. You overall thoughts, you are still you're not on board with the show. You're not okay, It's okay again.
Speaker 3: If they're going to be people backstabbing and backbiting, which is what they did in Traders, do it with.
Speaker 2: Fabulous costumes in a castle.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know, I will say I very much like the challenges, yeah, because I think those are really cool. I think they're physical, but man, it really is also showing you how it's like you need a big strong person guy or girl on your team because when they're luging the snake or doing that stuff, that's not for the faint of heart.
Speaker 2: This isn't super easy stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's this isn't running through the woods trying to lay Hey, there's gonna be bags of gold somewhere, like Traders.
Speaker 2: This is like, that's why I just pale in comparison to the Yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, and I think Traders needs that that needs to be upgraded, and then the rest of the kind of show of survivor a little bit and easy, Like I'm wondering if I would have liked the earlier seasons a little better.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think you're just yeah, I think you kind of had this idea in your mind about like that Lord of the Flies aspect, which just yeah.
Speaker 3: It's not it's it's people kind of walking around and just going.
Speaker 2: Like we should be it.
Speaker 1: I'm really interested to see how you feel though, because you know, I think the while the pageantry of Traders is like super fun, it also it also removes an emotional element, you know, of the experience, like it's where's this like by the end of the season, these people have really been through it.
Speaker 2: I mean you can.
Speaker 1: I mean we can even talk about in our recap right now, because you know the way that Genevieve is just crying about Kyle, you know, and she says it, She's like, it seems ridiculous that I'm crying about somebody I just barely knew. But Survivor is so intense emotionally and physically that they bond and they feel this like you know, real connection with each other or hatred of each other.
Speaker 2: Fifth that's the case.
Speaker 1: And so I think it's I think there's a level of intensity to just Survivor that I you know, in the in the sort of parlor game like aspect, like the fun of Traders was just like okay, yeah whatever, like really actually even staying in this castle right Like, So I don't know for me, I kind of like, has there ever been like a fistfight on Survivor?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Actually the only time I remember there was one challenge and I think they only did it once, where they basically created a game that was sort of like basketball in the water where they just you know, one person had to like carry a ball to a.
Speaker 2: Net, you know, a net and sink it, and there was.
Speaker 1: No other real rules, and it got so intense because people were literally like trying to drown one another, you know, like they were.
Speaker 2: Like there was like no like it was such physical contact.
Speaker 1: It basically became like ultimate fighter and it was like hold on, you know, and I think they had they knew that they couldn't do it like it it's just too dangerous. And and these people cared so much that it did. It basically became like a fistfight or you know, like I'm just going to take you out. And that was like I think they clearly realized like no, no, no, no, we can't. Like that has to be more sort of teamwork. And then when the individual challenges are much more just like can you hold onto a pole? Like that's my favorite. There's one that says literally it's a like a telephone pole and they just you just there's like little slots on it, like little ridges, and just hold on. You just hold on, And the whole thing is like how do you hold on? And like some people like hug it, some people are like holding them by the fingertips and like that was one that like Ozzie did incredibly well, like he just was comfortable just sitting up there.
Speaker 2: And you just watch these people.
Speaker 1: But it's so funny because everyone will be like fine, fine, fine, fine, and then like at minute forty, everybody just falls apart. It's like party, Yes, dude, they stayed up there for like over a half an hour, no joke, just holding onto a pole.
Speaker 2: That's the individual challenges to get.
Speaker 1: Really, it's it's so impressive what these people do and what they put themselves through.
Speaker 2: They really pushed them.
Speaker 3: So I started with a new personal trainer and sometimes so go all right, just hold up your body weight, and I'm like, thirty seconds in, I'm like there we go. Oh.
Speaker 2: I think about like how I used to be able to just do pull ups. Have you tried to pull up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, They're insane. They're it's insane. Like I don't think I could do one anymore.
Speaker 1: I used to be able to do like twelve, like when I was a kid, teenager, just be like, yeah, you know pull ups.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm like, are you kidding me? It's insane? Yeah, it's insane. All right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the episode begins with Kyle, you know, getting pulled on day four and Genevieve crying, and then Q, you know, talks about the fact that there his whole plan is kind of wrecked because he's lost his vote.
Speaker 2: Now Kyle, who is part of his alliance, is out Kobe.
Speaker 1: Kobe couldn't vote. Yeah, Colby can't vote because he's lost, can't vote right, and Q can't vote right, and so you can't vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really.
Speaker 1: Not much sure of power alliance anymore. But anyway, they decide to bring Rizzo in, which is interesting, Like Rizzo's comes so, you know, and he admits he's like I came into hyper and now I had to tone myself down. I think it's working, and it is like Colby's on his side, which is super interesting.
Speaker 2: But this isn't new.
Speaker 3: This is also a generational thing because I'm guessing this younger generation where they're like none of them are collecting sticks, none of them are doing anything. They're just sitting around. I bet you they wouldn't have lasted on the original Survivor never That's what I mean. That's what I mean. It's like, so you can just sit there and not do anything, and it's just about like I got a social game. And then I got to vote somebody off and maybe I got to carry some stuff and that's kind of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's more surviving the social aspect than it is see it. To me, it should be like an actual survivor thing at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious how you feel it by the end, though, like do you go through?
Speaker 1: Like I think what ended up happening was that the survivor stuff overtook the show to a degree that it wasn't even fun to watch anymore. It was like watching people literally starve to death and be tortured alone and it was like, I you know, like that's a lot, it's heavy.
Speaker 2: That's alone.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's what it is. It's like it's more endurance than it is social.
Speaker 1: And I think there's a reason Alone is on a much smaller network. Yeah, you know, like Survivors like one of the biggest hit shows of all time. And I think it's because they figuregured out that like being able to project and put yourself in there.
Speaker 3: That exactly you know, which you can you can watch it from your couch and go like I might be able to do this, you might be able to do this, and that is that's important in gaining an audience. It truly is.
Speaker 2: Over at Cela. There's his hysterical moment with Joan Christian at the fire.
Speaker 3: Oh and I knew this, did you. I saw his face the second I thought he was.
Speaker 2: Going to go throw up.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, no, this is and I was worried because of course, if you start throwing up, like if you know, that could be like dehydration.
Speaker 2: I mean, even booping your pants is dehydration. But he just himself. I was like, I know that. Look he just shit himself. And he's like, are you okay? He's like, I might be. I just need I need a second. And then they blur his pants a blur hish like yeah.
Speaker 1: And Alex was watching. She's like, that's why I won't go and survivor because that would be me. That's what would happen to me. And I couldn't live with myself. And I just love that He finally just starts the camery. He's like, my life is going to divorce me.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna want to see this, I promise you.
Speaker 2: I can't want to see this. I mean it sucks. I do love him, though, I really like a lot of people this.
Speaker 1: Season, I genuinely enjoy these people, Like even Rizzo for all of his like sort of self congratulatory and.
Speaker 2: His laziness, I kind of find him entertaining. Tobody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody makes it a little bad about this being the first season I've watched in season one because I feel like part of this season, the character of the show this season is the personalities coming in that you've already watched doing this and the relationship they have to one another, and so not knowing that, I feel like I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. I was like trying to explain to Sue last night what you were saying, where I was like, Okay, so that's Coach and I thought we liked him, but we don't.
Speaker 2: He's apparently kind of a villain.
Speaker 3: And that's c who we thought was the drummer from from Toto, but it turns out he's actually a really good player who keeps everybody alive. So it's like, yeah, but so not knowing like any other year where it's just a whole bunch of randoms, it's just kind of like art will learn the game, but this was specifically like ooh, what happened on their.
Speaker 1: Like they talk about how much baggage they're coming in with, and it's like, yeah, so it's a very normally at this point in the game, you're just still getting to know people, and they're getting to know each other, and there's this real sense of like can I trust this person?
Speaker 2: Can I not?
Speaker 1: This is the game They almost have already decided whether they can trust each other or not, and.
Speaker 2: So they just jump right into playing. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: So there's no explanation kind of no, hey, I've never seen that. This season is not built for somebody who's never watched Survivor. No, and so it is one of those things where it's kind of like I'm I'm picking it up and I'm getting there, but you know you, I wish I kind of knew because they get in, they know how they're going to play, and there it's like they're pros.
Speaker 2: They've started to play.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the same thing with what you said with Traders, where you're like, I want to watch one where they're not celebrities and aren't so polished and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's that same kind of vibe with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think I think you would enjoy the discovery of other seasons a lot, you know, and and also when they do the sort of social experiments that they've done, like remember I told you they divide them by generation or by race, or there was one season where they divided them by class, like literally they had a blue collar team, working class team, and then like you know, a white collar. Yeah, they they did, like and it was so weird, you know, for these people to have to confront like which category they had been put in based on their basically their job, like if they were a lawyer or if they were a plumber, different teams, you know, it was really interesting. Yeah, all right, so we got our first reward challenge, which is you know, so sometimes there's immunity challenges and then there's just reward challenges in this.
Speaker 2: Okay, never showed you what the reward was.
Speaker 3: Well, they said it it's a tarp. Yeah, they get like, oh I thought he just said it was an upgrade. You're getting a camp upgrade. But he did just say what it was. Did they say tarp?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he says it.
Speaker 1: He says, Okay, it's like it's like a big tarp. I think like blankets and pillows, Like, oh, maybe I must have.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I think that's one team. Remember if you know at the end of the episode they have a hammock. I think that's like, that's part of the kits.
Speaker 3: You missed it too, because we were both like where they get hammocks?
Speaker 1: Like, okay, so there's there, there's two degrees. There's like the you know, the luxury and then the less version. But yeah, it's having a tarp, which becomes a big deal for you know when it's rained.
Speaker 3: Hell yes, absolutely, and hammocks would be huge because you're not lying on the ground the whole time, like right, being being above the nastiness and the sand and all that stuff would feel like you were in a water.
Speaker 2: Bed at that. Oh my god. Yeah alaxation. Yeah, be amazing.
Speaker 1: So everyone finds out that Jenna was the one voted out and Kyle was pulled from the game.
Speaker 3: And way more They were way more upset about Kyle being pulled than Jenna being voted out.
Speaker 2: You notice that so true. So everyone was like, oh, Jenna's gone. Then they were like Kyle, I know, Well, it turns out Camilla played.
Speaker 1: They were Kyle and Camilla were like total allies in season forty eight, so she really like starts, you know, which is true because it's so interesting when you have those kinds of historical alliances in a game, like you know, or this early in the game. That's really part of your plan is that eventually you might end up on the same tribe together. So you really hope that like somebody you're aligned with is on another tribe working their own game, and then you can merge your alliances when the tribes merged.
Speaker 2: So you can see Camilla's you know, really bummed and understand.
Speaker 3: I also think there's a psychological aspect to it as well, where it's okay, there's things I can do to kind of stave off the possibility of being voted off of the island. I can win challenges, I can do whatever. Injuries can hit us anytime. Yeah, And it's like that could have been me so easily, And it's the worst way to go out because he's been there for three days at that point, and he did something where he needed surgery like two days later, so it was it was a significant injury. And I think there's something psychological to that as.
Speaker 1: Well, totally, And this is you know, going back to your point about this season too.
Speaker 2: This season is a lot of older.
Speaker 1: People, Yeah, because of the returning champions and they've been around for I mean, you know, Jenna was twenty years ago or whatever, twenty five years ago, so like that, because usually the game is mostly populated by like twenty somethings and of course injuries people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's like that.
Speaker 1: It's predominantly you like, there's always like a couple older people, like maybe in their forties and fifties, but like this seems like because you know, because they're bringing people back, it's like a majority. So even Ozzy, who's like, you know, physically in like great shape, he talks about how he was like backspastmating after the supplies challenge, which then opens the door for Coach to uh set the record straight. Did he Well, I don't understand, Like it's city weird.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: It's like he describes exactly what he did, which is pretty much as far as I can know, what is how Ozzi represented it.
Speaker 2: Too, right, Yeah, yeah, right in life.
Speaker 1: So it's really just that Coach assumed Ozzie was talking shit about him, when actually Ozzie just described it exactly. Yeah, as it happened, but for some reason, Coach saw that as a dent to his you know, his honor, yeah, which is hysterical because it's like, dude, the only dent you did it like you did the thing, which is why I love Ozzie's response. It's like, I think he's going to play the game exactly how he has.
Speaker 3: Always an like, I wish I knew then their relationship because I know that because everyone was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're cutting to people going like oh, and.
Speaker 3: I was like what what's Oh what what happened? So, yeah, they have a history.
Speaker 1: The thing about Coach, and I think what you know, I find annoying ultimately is not so much like it's not so much the way he plays, it's the way he talks about himself, the way he plays like he presents it as if he's this like honorable and lightened. Yes, he's like the White Knight, and it's like, you're not, dude, You're you're a manipulative.
Speaker 2: Selfish, you know player, just like you.
Speaker 1: Know, like you listen to the way that Devn's you know, Rick Devans talks about, yeah, playing the game and it's a realistic way to play, right, and like you may not always agree with it, but it is realistic to you're gonna have to lie.
Speaker 2: At some point to somebody's face. You're gonna have to say that.
Speaker 3: People were like, oh, wow, you lied on survivor Oh, what are the chances of that? It's like part of the game and so right, And I think Coach has a tendency to minimize his own manipulation and make it seem like he's an honorable player and that he's this sort of and that's just it's douche twat behavior. Yes, tp GtC, DTV, DTV is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, DTV.
Speaker 1: All right, so we've after this you know, weird moment where Coach decides to like toot his own horn and say exactly what everyone kind of already knew. They get into this challenge, which is opens with like one of my favorite things like this smash this, Like doesn't it look so satisfying? Does?
Speaker 3: And you smash it then you land in the water afterwards, yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was like it was just like so much fun until I saw Aubrey miss it and then I was like that would be me, and I must feel like such shit.
Speaker 2: He was the only one who's sportsball.
Speaker 3: He was also the only one who did this is where.
Speaker 4: We need the Oh no, yeah, it's also but the thing they plan these things really well, because I was thinking, if you do miss it like she did, all your momentums going forward and you are full.
Speaker 3: Belly flop yep, which is exactly what happened to her.
Speaker 1: So I was in an acting class in Berkeley when I was a teenager like Wright, right when Boy Meets World started, and then I would go back and visit every once.
Speaker 2: In a while.
Speaker 1: And there was a guy in that class who was one of His name is Miles, and he was hysterical and a very good improviser, and he reached out to me through Facebook, I want to say, in two thousand.
Speaker 2: And eight or nine whenever, the last time I was.
Speaker 1: On Facebook, and he was working with a company. He had a company where they designed the games for some cool challenges.
Speaker 2: I know that would be fun. I want to reach out to him.
Speaker 1: I want to try and find him because I'm pretty sure I remember his last name where I can figure it out and if he's still doing that, or even if not, we should have him on to just talk about it, because.
Speaker 2: How cool would that be?
Speaker 1: As a job like to just you get your friends together and you have to and you know, and obviously they have to run it and figure out, like, you know, how to dial in the difficulty, because like it seems pretty fair, right, Like yes, the way that these challenges are worked out, You're like, yeah, like even if you suck at one aspect of it, you can make it up with another.
Speaker 2: Like they do such a good job with these challenges.
Speaker 3: I just well, when you got I mean, the second challenge is the perfect example when you go, you know, which we'll get to. But when you go from having to carry something really heavy hue then having to be delicate with these strings to do something else, it's too completely different skill sets. So yeah, it's I think they do their keeping it fair.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So they got to smash the tiles to get the key and walk across this like balance being without falling, and then uh into the water right dive back into the water to like release the rings square hikes, and they got to go deep.
Speaker 2: You see how deep they have to go? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And dude, there have been people on previous seasons who like aren't great swimmers, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, why are you doing well? That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I was thinking to myself, I'm like, I wear one glass contact lens. I cannot open my eyes underwater or it's sucked out of my eye.
Speaker 2: Have done him? Yeah, so what do I do?
Speaker 1: I've wondered about that, like with the with the context thing, like I'm not because there was one season where they actually they eliminated a guy if I'm remembering quickly, because he had decided to go off his antidepressants and they.
Speaker 2: Were like, that's too big of a risk for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see that. Yeah, And they talk about that like in the in the in the like as in the Tribal Council, it's like, we're getting rid of you because you went off of your men.
Speaker 2: The show got rid of him.
Speaker 1: Oh, the show came in and said, hey, we've because he had updated his medical like you know it's intake or whatever, and said, no, I decided to go off my medication the course that I'm on this, And they were like, that's kind of too big of a deal because if you become depressed or suicidal or like if they're your brain chemistry is not what you've represented it as, Like, that's a risk for us. As a hell show. Yeah, like super interesting and so I'm always so. But what that revealed to me is like the questions of like, yeah, like because you see some people wearing glasses, right, I'm like, could you wear contacts? Like I have monthly contacts, but I still have to take them out every night. Yeah, and so I would have to just wear glass.
Speaker 3: And then it's like I can't wear glasses because I have it's a medical reason that I have my one eye and like glass eye, as you and Daniel like to point out.
Speaker 2: So it's like that's what I thought about.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, I couldn't be the one to dive under the water to get something because I can't see underwater.
Speaker 1: And I wonder, like, you know, one of my good friends has diabetes and he's like super physical, right, you know he needs an injection every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so could he do survivor would they allow him to?
Speaker 3: Like probably maybe if they have the medical because I mean we showed they showed in this episode specifically, which I found was really interesting, which I'm sure which we're definitely gonna get to that medical or somebody's there to save you instantly, yeah, right, like they're right there so I imagine, you know, you could get an insolent shot a day kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It's right, that's what I would I would assume that like it to the level of playing field to a certain degree, right, Like, they're not gonna let people starve, but those who shouldn't let somebody. But then again, if you're not capable of surviving on a beach, right like, you know, somebody who can't walk, let's say, right, like, that.
Speaker 2: Would be just too hard. So or even smaller, somebody who has asthma.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like, if you have you have a bad asthma attacker, you're inhaler.
Speaker 1: This is probably one of those moments where everyone's gonna be like, what are you Yes, they know exactly exactly what the rules are.
Speaker 2: And uh, we're not going to look them up. We're just gonna pretend like we know everything exactly.
Speaker 1: Challenge starts, they get the It's fun to watch everyone does pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The one thing I do like.
Speaker 3: About this is that it seems like they are all pretty close. Yeah, you know, It's it's never like, okay, well they vatsu, which is not going to kiss one.
Speaker 1: These You really know, there are times when people are like, I did not realize this show would be so hard. Like there was a season I think it was forty seven or forty eight where for like, I think the first time, two different people just dropped out. Really they were just like, this is too hard. I don't want to do this. You guys can vote me out.
Speaker 2: And everyone's like, okay, I'm telling you. It's generational.
Speaker 1: It is at that time, it was very generational. They were definitely younger like, and they were just like and We're like.
Speaker 2: What did you expect?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they expected a TikTok real and to get famous.
Speaker 2: That's what they expected. That's what they expected.
Speaker 3: And then it's like, oh, wait, you need me to be Sandy and grab firewood.
Speaker 2: I can't do that. I've never lifted anything in my life but my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it was hard to watch, man.
Speaker 1: It was, you know, because I felt sorry for them a little bit. But then you're also like, what did you expect?
Speaker 2: Like this is kind of and I.
Speaker 3: Also I always look at it like this because they do this in the UFC too, where and it's one of the things that president of the UFC hates the most is you have to make weight and it's like, if you don't make weight, you can't fight. And the thing that pisses them off so much is like, do you realize you just took the place of somebody that would have worked there?
Speaker 2: Ass off right here.
Speaker 3: So it's like you came here, you you made it on Survivor, and now you're going to tap out because it's a little hard. You know how many thousands of people would love to take your place. Yeah, and so it's like, dude, that's just not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I guess that's worse than pooping your pants on Survivor.
Speaker 3: Dude, if you can't poop your pants on National Provision.
Speaker 1: Oh but you just know that for the rest of his life, everyone's going to be like, which one was Christian?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the guy who shoot his pants.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, that's why he just knows. It's like, no matter what he does the rest of the season. Oh, he's smart guy, poopy pants, smart guy. He started a fire with glasses for the first time. No one's gonna remember that. I already forgot that he would only call him Christian poopy pans.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, he's Piggy from Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love him all right, I love come on, he's my favorite.
Speaker 3: I want poopy pants.
Speaker 2: Cela wins uh and uh Kalo win second.
Speaker 1: So over Vatu Genevieve is drinking this sour coconut water and trying to convince.
Speaker 3: Them like coconut comes in different flavors. That just sounds like that's a bad coconut.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I totally. And this is where Aubrey has this moment. She's like, I'm surrounded by lunatics, which is super interesting because I really did like Aubrey from her season. You know, as I've talked about her last she was very much like the underdog in that situation, and she win.
Speaker 2: She was in the top three. I don't know if I can't honestly, I see this is the thing. I can't remember, shit, man.
Speaker 1: But I do know that she did very well and was sort of one of these people that you didn't expect because she physically wasn't like really aggressive and didn't feel comfortable on the beach and all these ways, and very similar to the way she's acting in this one. But but you know her, she's sort of just an odd person, you know, like she's just a little like and you can see that like Genevieve is already like, uh, you know, not trusting her, and then they decide to go through her bad.
Speaker 3: It seems like, I just know, man, super invasive to.
Speaker 2: Me, and I love that.
Speaker 1: They even say, this makes you a dirty, rotten you know whatever, but we're doing it anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, they're like, if you do this on the street, you're the worst person in the world. But here on Survivor, you kind of gotta do what you gotta do. Do people, can you steal other people's shit and destroy their stuff? Then, I mean, is that all legal?
Speaker 2: Kind of?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's sort of like you know, I mean, you had people be like get caught going through other people's stuff, using other people' stuff and getting very upset about it.
Speaker 2: They're being confrontations, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you know, but it just really is up to the tribe to how they want to manage these kinds of things.
Speaker 2: I find it interesting that.
Speaker 1: Everybody's against Aubrey, Like I couldn't believe that no one person was like, well, she's on my you know, like she and I have an alliance and defending her, and no, they're all like the whole rest of the tribe is like coordinating, who's going to look out, who's going to distract?
Speaker 2: Well, we like go through her crap. I was like, yeah, man, that's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: You know, like if you don't have somebody having your back, she's going to be very alone. Turns out to be, you know, not that big of a as big of a deal because she gets that boomerang. Yeah, billy idol, Billy idol. But we'll get we'll get to that, all right.
Speaker 2: So Jonathan the Beast, the he man, super Jesus.
Speaker 3: I mean just every time I look at him, I feel less and less like a man, every single month. God and again, another forty five minutes trying to find those pants and I can't find him. I don't I almost I just how do I do a Google image search? Because I don't know how to do that. So I took a snapshot of him because you can't find just like, no, it'smatched, not those I want to find those. You find patchwork pants, but I can't find those. I need someone to find those specific pants for me, and then I get them in little boy sizes which would fit me. But that's what that's that's what I.
Speaker 2: Was so huge, it's huge and just a beast too. I mean, just that's the guy.
Speaker 3: He'd be my first pick. That's the guy you want.
Speaker 2: On your team.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So he's out fishing and coach goes with them and gets this crazy cramp and it's legs, which is just like, dude.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had one? You ever had a cramp in doing something where you literally can't walk? No, they incapacitate you. You have one is bad enough where your whole muscle is twitching and you can't put any weight on it. So while you're swimming. Was it was not hyperbole? You get that when you're by yourself, you could.
Speaker 2: Easily drown and die.
Speaker 3: He'sa because you can't move your legs.
Speaker 2: It's horrible.
Speaker 3: So that's when I was like, oh, smart, they've got there's a boat like ten seconds away, which makes total sense of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean, you're in the ocean, man, somebody yeah, just it only takes like thirty seconds and somebody's gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just so intense to see like nothing happening. You know, it looks like nothing's wrong.
Speaker 2: The poor guy could yeah. Yeah, awful.
Speaker 1: All right Over at Cela, aussye uh pitches an alliance to Devon's and Savannah and says he wants Joe to be a part of it as well. And then there's this moment with Devon's and uh and Joe because like Devon's whispers to Savannah or Savannah whispers to Devon's and then Joe is like, you right, Devon's lies pretty poorly. It's oh he's terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, he lies as bad as Candice did on on Traders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then it gets into this whole interesting thing. And this is where you know, I think you asked, can you play honorably? And you can see how actually playing honorably makes it harder sometimes a total detriment.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, I can't, I can't take his honorable Well, you can see it's annoying.
Speaker 1: Joe's like he's like basically not accepting the terms of the game, you know. And this is what I felt this a little bit with Traders sometimes when people are like you're a snake and you're like that literally is the name of the game. Like it's yeah, so it's sort of the same thing. But I just love what Christian is like, we need we need a jotation to keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: So it was like, I love when Devon's was just like I think it was. Devon's was just like, yeah, uh, it's Survivor. You don't go up to somebody and ask what they're whispering about. You just assume that somebody's gonna whisper to somebody else. We're playing Survivor, like.
Speaker 1: It compares it to football, right, And he's like, you don't say, like, don't touch anybody.
Speaker 2: We don't want to hurt anybody. That's what you mean, it's what you do. I love that it's so true.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, you know, and you can see like it's yeah, I hope Joe adjusts because he's a really good guy.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a firefighter.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's that like straightforward. I mean, that's kind of the way I feel like I would end up being like.
Speaker 3: Yes, But I mean the difference is it seems like he's that guy who talks like that and really lives that, where coach talks like that but doesn't actually live that way.
Speaker 1: It perfectly, but I totally agree, you know, but it's interesting because it's probably gonna hurt more than coach. My coach's strategy is actually gonna probably work and keep him in the game.
Speaker 2: I know, guys do finish. Last Man's terrible.
Speaker 1: And that's what he says because he really did get screwed over by Colin Camilla in his season so references.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew what that meant, but it sounds like he was in an alliance with two people that he trusted you just screwed.
Speaker 1: But you can just see he puts his heart out there right like he is. He is so like if I trust you, I trust you.
Speaker 2: It's you know, it reminds me.
Speaker 1: There have been a couple cops and firefighters over the years and it always it's so interesting because it really does remind me my father. My father has this this way. It's something that I think comes with the territory of being a cop or a firefighter where you're dealing with people in really high stressed situations like all the time, right, and you have to be the voice of authority to like calm them down or to give them horrible news, you know, like we lost you your partner in the fire or somebody. This person's not coming back. We try to resuscitate them. And so like my dad has this way of speaking that is like very clear it's very forthright, and I've always really appreciated that, you know, like it's it's a it's a powerful thing to be able to say, like, hey, I'm not lying to you, I am being straight with you, and I'm I'm not going to sugarcoat things. And I can see Joe doing that and I do really like it.
Speaker 2: But you can see, man, it's going to drive they might.
Speaker 3: They consider voting him out because of it, because I know it's awesome. But what exactly what you're talking about when it comes to the trust thing with police officers and firefighters too, Like the people that you're with are could save your life.
Speaker 2: Yes, I need to trust you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to run into a burning building and I need to know that you're right behind me. Yes, And I don't I'm not going to look back. I just know you're there.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's military too, right, Military is too very similar.
Speaker 1: It's like a hundred and it's like you have to have this value system of like absolute clarity and reliance on one another that you know most of us don't have. And in survivor it seems like it's actually a weirdly a liability, which is you know, it's different from seasons. There have been other seasons where I'm sure that people do want to play that way, but in this case, man, you're dealing with a lot of really really smart game players, so they're gonna they're gonna, yeah, all right over at Vatu Riza and Angelina.
Speaker 2: Me and Lazy.
Speaker 3: It just really upset just sitting around like they're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would drive me crazy.
Speaker 3: I can be I can be lazy as the next guy unless there's people around me.
Speaker 2: Counting on me, and then I'm gonna find something to do, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because like this actually hasn't happened that much, Like they don't talk about like I feel like most seasons, everybody's pretty much pulled their weight. Like there have been whole seasons where like an entire tribe just doesn't even build their shelter and they screw yeah, like they're just like late, like the whole tribe is later. They just want to like swim and hang out. But I feel like that's happened less and less. It seems like mostly people know, like they come on, they got to take care of their crap, keep everybody else happy, provide something to the tribe. But in this case it's it's I was shocked to see that the younger people were not doing anything.
Speaker 2: It's like, guys do something. Well, yeah, the younger generation.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right now, the immunity challenge taking place in the jungle, this two hundred pounds survivor snake bringing it back through a set of obstacles that just looked miserable. Yes, yeah, dude, when you have to crawl through the sand like that, I'm always just like noth.
Speaker 3: Thanks through the sand through a net. Yeah, that's the a weighted net. And that was the first thing you had to do with this giant snake. I mean that looked that was crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Then they have to do this crazy ball challenge thing with three of them. Basically it's sort of like a human video game, right, like like like how do we keep this ball from you know, but having to like learn to control it together.
Speaker 3: Well, don't you remember the game at the where you might you might have been too young, but I doubt it.
Speaker 2: We were close enough in age.
Speaker 3: It's you had the metal ball at the top, and you had the two metal long metal things and you.
Speaker 2: Had to kind of I don't even know how to describe.
Speaker 3: You have to manipulate the ball around the around the thing that then drop it in the hole. No, if there's two long metal pipes like this and then a ball at the top and you can't let the ball drop, you have to like manipulate the things down and then move it over and drop it in a hole.
Speaker 2: So it was like the adult version of that essentially. Yeah, yeah, yeah, super.
Speaker 1: Cool, super cool because they have to work together. Yes, it's like it's not an individual puzzle. It's like, yeah, we have to like all be and it's I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that. It was all about communication.
Speaker 3: But it's also not only is about communication, but the way you win this game is somebody needs to take charge and everybody else needs to shut.
Speaker 2: Their mouth and listen to that one person. Yeah, because it's like.
Speaker 3: I need you to be all right, listen, you need to go here, you need to go. If you're going I'm gonna go here, No I'm gonna go it's never gonna work. Yeah, So you gotta almost instantly select the leader and then listen to that person.
Speaker 1: Really interesting And but wasn't it interesting how much like Rizzo came through in this part of the game.
Speaker 2: He was great, you know, it was like great, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when they get to the snakes by the way, did you notice that to untie them? Yes, Okay, So this is something that Alex that I've always said, there's a lot of knots in Survivor, and we've always said since we first started watching, is like the first thing I would do to trade for Survivor is sit around untied knots all the day because they have to. And and like there were there have been seasons where it's like literally the whole challenge is just like ten minutes of not untied. And there have been like I think Charlie was the one I was talking about who who who worked up certain muscles like he also there have been people who have like built just not mazes in their house to like work their way through to.
Speaker 2: Like get good at it.
Speaker 3: So I mean certain knots that if you recognize them, you tug them a certain way and they instantly unfold, like totally.
Speaker 1: But I think the way these are is just literally like it's just a time consuming thing to slow you down.
Speaker 2: So just you have to get a lot of keys.
Speaker 3: I noticed that too, Like now you got to open the lock, and do this because it's like, okay, little little pitoy things that can take a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and we screw you up, you know, on top of you know.
Speaker 1: All the physical Yeah, so uh, Colby really makes up for Rizzo having a slow start. Beast Jonathan does a dive bomb roll with the snake.
Speaker 2: Did you notice the thing like outside the ropes?
Speaker 1: I like this guy literally looks like the Hulk if he had green skin. He has the Hulk's body, just like. He reminds me of Jason Momoa, like an actual mom Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, dude, first say.
Speaker 3: I want that guy, then I want somebody who's really good with strategy.
Speaker 2: Those two people are my first twopics. Yeah, and well he and Rizz are on the same team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so Sila loses this challenge, I guess really bumps me out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Again, that's two in a row.
Speaker 1: You know, and I love everybody on that team, Yeah, I really do.
Speaker 2: So this is a bummer for me.
Speaker 1: I mean I in general, like I said, in general, I really like a lot of people this season, but Silla is like kind of all of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I really like that Syrian Ozzie have.
Speaker 1: Each other's back, because that's like a combom Like it's a magical combo.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. The two of them together too.
Speaker 3: She you know again, I'm getting to learn all these characters. She works a room so freaking well, dude, she just drops one or two nuggets and she walks perfectly.
Speaker 1: She's like, I let them come up with the strategy. That really I basically Jedi mind tricked them into.
Speaker 3: Y it's she's so you know, you don't need to see my identification, these aren't.
Speaker 2: She's amazing.
Speaker 1: Look, but then she's even more amazing to me? Was that Emily and who who was supposed to? Like Savannah and Emily figure that out. They're like, oh, series protecting Aussie, so like they're also like four dimensional chess playing.
Speaker 3: Everybody's getting it all the time. It must just be because you're just heightened. It's like traders, the anxiety and paranoia you must feel every freaking day. What did that look mean? What did that person say? Why are they walking and getting sticks together? Where's my bag? My bag wasn't over there? It must be insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm I really just felt sorry for them having to vote somebody out. It sucks, you know because I like everybody partners where it's like like like partners, where you're going on to survivor knowing for a fact that there's one person that has your back. Like it's like, well there was a mother daughter team where the daughter voted her mom out. No, yeah, yeah, it's like a legendary moment. Yeah, they have brought people in, Like I'm not sure if they did it as overall as a whole season. I think that maybe had been the case, but certainly, Yeah, there have been those kinds of things. I think they end up separating them early on and then you know, you find you get back together.
Speaker 3: But I vote for your mom, dude.
Speaker 2: It's hardcore.
Speaker 3: Is an uncomfortable Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Or you know, you just know that, like she would do the same to you if it meant, you know, winning a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Or not.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 3: If you've got to vote me out, vote me out, we split the money whatever, one of us.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to understand the game. That's that's what they didn't like about.
Speaker 1: That Trader scenario where it was like, well, we know each other, we would never let's say, but then you would be playing the game horribly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're right, you be breaking the rules of the game.
Speaker 3: So we kind of saw that with H with Tara and uh yeah, Johnny.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, so Joe, Uh you know is H. I love him, but he's got a problem, like he's struggling like getting people to like him, or if people just want to deal with his like yeah, aggressive honor, like you go to be this way. Sirie really does like manage to get everybody off of Ozzy, which is so cool.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they edit it this way or if she just dropped two or three quick things, quick nuggets and everyone was like, she's right, yeah, because it seemed instantaneous.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think anybody really wanted to vote out Azzy because they want to. They they need to win challenges in order to to not be in the situation. So you don't want to vote out somebody who's physically giving you a huge leg up like he is, and he's also feeding them you.
Speaker 3: Know, hey Fishes, he's a monster in these challenges too.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: You just don't You don't want to vote him out except that he might win the game. So it's like that weird thing of like at what point do we blindside Ozzie. It's kind of the question, like, and this is what.
Speaker 3: Ben was telling us, where he's like the but the way you're supposed to play traders is you figure out who you know the trader is going to be, then keep them there till the end.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So exactly that same kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ozzie decides to give Suri his extra vote as a thank you, which I thought was so sweet.
Speaker 2: I love this partner. So, man, okay, this is this was I'm trying to figure out the rules.
Speaker 3: He has an idol, yes, that was, so he can't be voted out. He's got the boat the boomerang if he can't be voted out if he ras yes, And and he had an extra vote, so he had two things yes, and he decided to give one to si yep, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And Soria has played Survivor five times and has never had her own advantage, which is amazing, Which is amazing, Like that's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So did we talk about how poopy Pants found an idol to get it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I gotcha? Cutover, cut over to the Christian.
Speaker 1: Well, actually sorry, it's at the same tribe where he's he's I just love that he's like literally rocking Joe in the hammock to like.
Speaker 2: Calm him down, and you'd be like.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we're playing the game correctly, and you could just see like he's basically like rock Joe.
Speaker 2: That's so good. That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: I love everybody on this drive because you know, when they're like actually having to be against each other, they're still trying to be so nice about it, and they're all like, uh god, but yeah. But then poopy Pants uh finds an idol, which.
Speaker 3: Is just find an idol. Their faces when they light up. Oh my god, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's so fun to watch.
Speaker 3: It's a meme every time they find an idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he finds another Billie Eilish boomerang idol, which we were affectionately referring to as the Billy idol, the Billy idols, the Billy idol, and he decides to give it to Aubrey, which is super interesting that he into it's basically from Aubrey's previous gameplay that she is a strategist who could probably use it because and she really could use it. And I think it's hysterical that they searched her back for an idol, and if it had happened after she could have potentially they could have potentially found her idol before she did, because they actually hid the idol in her bag. Yeah, so she just opened her bag and was like, oh my god, there's an idol in here.
Speaker 2: So it's so interesting that that question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you if they, let's say, for the sake of argument, they opened her bag and they found the idol, can they take it or is it her idol?
Speaker 2: It's she has to train for.
Speaker 1: It has to Okay, then somebody can feel it from you, gotcha, gotcha? No, but you can transfer Sometimes you can't transfers. I think in this case you can't. I think they might have said that you can't give it to anybody else.
Speaker 3: No, you had you had to give it to somebody that wasn't in your tribe, and then it comes back to you if they're voted off with it in their pocket.
Speaker 2: But I also think there's a rule that they can't give it to anybody else. No, they can't. It's it's it's there because normally if.
Speaker 1: You just find like a full idol on your beach, like there have been seasons where all there are is just like you know, an idol, and you find it, you can hand that to somebody.
Speaker 2: Else, gotcha.
Speaker 1: There have also been instances, and this is my favorite, where people make fake idols.
Speaker 3: Well they did it this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Well we haven't seen exact I didn't understand what was going on, and I'm still very curious what they're doing. But yeah, but there have been times when somebody's made a fake idol, told somebody that they have it, and given it to them and said you can use this, and then that poor person has gone to play it and been told, like Jeff Probe's like hands is this is not a real immunity idol, and then the poor person gets voted out.
Speaker 2: It's so much, Oh my god. So he tells them after they.
Speaker 1: Because they play it, they like announce I'm gonna play my idol and then they have to.
Speaker 2: Give it to Jeff. And Jeff knows because he's you know, on the producer oriel side.
Speaker 1: He's kept track of what is a real idol and not, and he's been able to like look at some beaded thing that somebody's put together by collecting rocks and stuff they've made idols, and he'll just be like, that's not a real idol, and then that poor person doesn't you know, they'll.
Speaker 3: Just go It seems like they should be They should tell them when they go to play it, not after they've been voted out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so mean. Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Just do that all the time, Like, hey, dude, you're you're you're immune.
Speaker 2: Here's an idol.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh yikes, Oh that's awful. All right.
Speaker 1: The scramble before tribal is pretty intense, turn out to not actually be then intense. It's kind of like what Syria and Ozzie said in motion plays out, but there is this moment where it's like, it does feel like the tension shifts back to Ozzie because everyone's like, you know, Soria's just doing this for Ozzy and everyone can see their relationship developing.
Speaker 3: Did you think he was going to play his idol?
Speaker 1: No, but I was worried that they because they could have, you know, just because they don't know that he has an idol.
Speaker 2: Right, No, yeah, she does.
Speaker 3: I think Serrino's right.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if she does. I'm assuming because he gave her his extra vote. I don't know.
Speaker 1: If he actually has told her because he's been voted out with idol and idol know.
Speaker 3: Which is that Sometimes you think you'd be gunshine and be like I'm playing it.
Speaker 1: I'm playing it, I know, but you want to hold onto it because he knows he's going to get blindsided, you know, he and yeah, but anyway, they always heighten the drama. Like a lot of times you go into tribal and like they actually pretty much all know the plan and then you know, the producers just edit it to make it it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like they did this week. They knew, they knew when they all vote for the same person, you know, the plans already set in motion.
Speaker 1: And before right before they go to tribal, Christian and Devon's had this conversation where they I didn't know what they were doing, where they're going to create a fake idol and like leave it. It turns out there they're going to wrap up a fake IDOL and leave it at the tribal council area for somebody in another tribe to find.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they're going to leave a clue for one of their own tribe. I don't know. It's a weird, weird choice I'm not sure how it's all going to play out. They weren't. We didn't get to see the idol that they faked.
Speaker 3: But it works so well together. No, we just know that he had the wrapping from the original one. They wrapped it up to look like the regular thing. They did the greatest sleight of hand essentially to get to tide it there. And I'm dying to know I was because I'm the same thing.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I'm like, okay, what is what does that do?
Speaker 3: But knowing that you can have a fake idol and then play it and be like I'm safe and it turns out you're not, is just oh god, it's harsh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So at the tribal council, Joe brings up his argument with Devons. I thought this was really nice, Like, you know, they kind of hash it out. Joe doesn't quite apologize, but you know, does admit his own stubbornness and his own, you know, in a like inability to to be the kind of player that Devon's is.
Speaker 3: And now you said these can get contentious, because I haven't.
Speaker 2: So far.
Speaker 3: It's been just like, I love playing with everybody. And here's why I want to apologize forever I did this week kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, people are these are really good players, you know. It's they know that you don't reveal anything at tribal because the second you open your mouth and you start like letting beef come out in front of everybody a target, yeah, you become the target.
Speaker 2: Like it doesn't help you.
Speaker 1: That's why I like Coach talking about that Ozzy situation is like, dude, just stop, like just no one cares.
Speaker 2: No one cares that much.
Speaker 1: You your ego got hurt, your ego got bruised, You're worried about your reputation in a game where literally everybody's voting everybody else out Like, yeah, nobody really care is that much? And I think Mike is Mike White is very aware that. I love the way he always has this slightly shitty and grin on his face when stuff like that happens.
Speaker 2: He's just like, I see what's going on here.
Speaker 3: And he's the kid who throws a cherry bomb in the toilet and then walks away when it explodes and looks around like who did that?
Speaker 2: Perfect exactly?
Speaker 1: And I think that's why he's kind of beloved because everyone's like yeah, you know, like he's not like a villain, he's just a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: Trickster.
Speaker 1: Trickster exactly totally. And then yeah, Savannah talks. She gets emotional about how hard it is to be vulnerable, which I really appreciated, you know, like I can see this is like man, and it's unfortunate that she gives that speech right before.
Speaker 3: She's a voter and she's the one who won the last season who they didn't know yet. Okay, so she's gone from like she's like I had a week off essentially a good A good part of her is probably really relieved to be off that damnite right.
Speaker 1: She's a really good player though, Yeah, like I was impressed to be able to keep up with these people, these this level of plane. And like I said, she was like she was hip to like what was going on in her tribe and like very sophisticated and like when she did her challenge, you know, by herself, like she's just she's played well.
Speaker 3: And she had an extra vote from the coalie thing, that's what it was, which wouldn't have helped her in any way, shape or from anyway.
Speaker 1: No, because it looks like, yeah, everybody just turned on her. But so my problem so far, like my going back to like when you you asked in the opening the first fan choice, which was that they you know, don't get flint, they.
Speaker 2: Don't get scared. You know, this is that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Where like the thing that I was I explained to you that could happen, which is that the struggling tribe in this case, the tribe without fire, they don't have flint and they they got fired with their things, but they don't have any fishing gear, right they I guess they got there. They got the camp improvement this this time that's hard. But like you see that once one tribe starts, sometimes they just keep losing. And I'm afraid that that's happening, like the snowball effect of like Sila, which is full of good people and good players, just because they're they're going down and they're losing morale and they're starting it sucks, man, be a time now, Yeah, this will happen where it just like literally comes down to two people on the tribe and they're like what do we do? And then they just have to merge them into other tribes And what sucks about that? Is they come into an established tribe on the bottom always because.
Speaker 3: That's the first person, great person to vote out here, good because we have no allegiance to this person exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, what you ultimately want is your tribe to go merge with another tribe, hopefully with like four or five of you, or at least three of you, so you can go in with your alliance, you know. But the problem is you by the time it gets to that, you might hate half the people on your own tribe.
Speaker 2: It gets really complicated socially once once the merge happens.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I just hope that Cela can come back just for the sake of the game play, because I just hate seeing one team get screwed.
Speaker 2: But also because you, like everybody is these are my people. I'm totally just I'm gonna put my heart on the line. I'm laying it out there. I care about them, I like them.
Speaker 3: I was team Colby. I am all in on poopy Pants, I'll be honest with you. Did you also notice his shirt with the robots?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does it say? Ten one?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, well it's it's zero one are a zero zero one zero one one, So it's binary code. There's a see different. Oh, I have no idea, but it's it's a cool binary shirt. I'm sure it means something. I'm sure I don't understand. But just the fact that it's three robots and it's binary code I thought was really cool.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if somebody out there knows plea no binary code?
Speaker 3: Yeah zero one, well zero zeros one zero is one one I think it is, or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, so I have to tell you this because I thought about it when they they vote Savannah out. So if you notice when they you know, they lose their fire, that's how you get.
Speaker 2: That's how you're extinguished from the game, is that they right Brett.
Speaker 1: And so every time he says the tribe has spoken, and he snuffs their their torch and then then they walk away. Indie for years thought that he was saying, trap you're smoking.
Speaker 2: As he snuff.
Speaker 3: It kind of works perfectly, perfectly.
Speaker 1: So every time we look at each other and we go, Savannah, trap your smoking, because it makes literal sense, right, we're gonna trap your smoking.
Speaker 3: Exactly, I thought, they take their bowl and they go, you're not token.
Speaker 2: Trapped smoking. So if we if we ever create tworld merch.
Speaker 1: I think our first thing should be a shirt that just says, trap your smoking.
Speaker 2: You're smoking. I like it.
Speaker 3: I tink you should trap your I tink you should.
Speaker 1: We gotta get dancing with the stars in there, somehow get one more one dancing to the stargar Is we have a perfect shirt.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll figure it out, all right, do you have a survivor?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 2: Well before that, don't forget.
Speaker 3: They then do the great misdirect where he where poopy pants pretends to fall.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna call him that anymore. Christian falls are acting Christian dude. But it works.
Speaker 1: It just makes you turn your head enough to where it's perfect. But I love their ways series, like are you okay? Because he didn't know where to walk at them?
Speaker 2: It's over here. You got a little so he might have he might have handed it up a little too much. It was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't understand what their strategy is, Like, Okay, they obviously edited out what you know, what they built, what they made, and how what their plan is Like yeah, it's it's it's bait for somebody. But I'm so curious what they wrote, if they wrote anything.
Speaker 2: Like my other question do they have access to pen and paper?
Speaker 3: Can they write stuff?
Speaker 2: You know, that's a very good question. I don't.
Speaker 1: I think you are allowed to bring like one personal item, and I'm sure people do often bring a notebook to keep notes, to keep track of who's who and like, so I think they but I'm I'm not one hundred percent sure on that, okay, but I think they get to bring one personal item, you know, as long as it's not like.
Speaker 2: A hack saw, right exactly, it's.
Speaker 1: Just a whole bunch of food, like just a rations.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I wonder how far away they are from door dash, Like, what if it's just my My personal line is my phone and I'm on starlink and I'm just going to keep ordering food the entire time.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that'd be funny. All right, you got a survivor from history.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: But then the tip of your tongue just from the top of your on the top of my head.
Speaker 3: But of course we're calling this famous from exactly, thank you. We've got a really cool one today. We've got Julianne Margaret Beatty Kopecky.
Speaker 2: Oh, another female survivor.
Speaker 3: Oh, listen to this Kopeki is known for being the sole survivor of the nineteen seventy one Lance of Flight five oh eight crash Oh my God, when the plane was struck by lightning. She fell ten thousand feet no while strapped to her seat, and suffered numerous injuries, including ancussion, broken collarbone, and a torn knee ligament. She survived eleven days alone in the Peruvian Amazon rainforest until she located a lumberjack camp.
Speaker 2: Hold on, how do you survive a ten thousand foot fall? Yeah, it's a great questions.
Speaker 1: She must have like hit jungle and like giant trees that broke her fall like like full Avatar style, you know, or they.
Speaker 3: Like I imagine giant.
Speaker 2: Leaf to giant leaf and it just like cradles her death. That's how it was.
Speaker 3: She found herself falling, still strapped to her row of seats.
Speaker 2: In the Amazon rainforest.
Speaker 3: She ended up surviving the fall, but had a whole bunch of injuries. Eleven days in the rainforest, she dealt with severe insect bites and an infestation of botfly larvae into her injured arm. After nine days, they were disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that means that like they were planting eggs in her wound.
Speaker 3: Yep, oh so pretty awesome. Uh yeah, so that she literally they it.
Speaker 1: Was did you ever watch that one survival show where it was it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was like a loan before alone, where it was just the one guy. I'm blanking on his name, Oh Survivorman Survivorman.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, dude, that was That show is intense and he did want He did a couple in the rainforest and like rainforests are crazy. Oh, like there's just so many weird bugs and like plants that will kill you. Oh dude, I would way rather be lost like where they are and alone, which is like the Arctic, which sounds worse, but at least like you can lay on the ground, like if I remember the Survivor man, he couldn't lay on the ground because he was so worried about snakes and spiders.
Speaker 3: And not just that they have they have certain places you go where they say like if you're in if you find yourself in waste deep water, don't pee because if you open up your urethra, things crawl up inside of you.
Speaker 2: And oh, yikes, too rain for it like real jungle like Peruvian.
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, nope, I get the creepy crawl is just thinking about it like.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait now say this is something you should understand too. Experts have said that she survived the fall because she was harnessed into her seat, the window seat, which was attached to the two seats to her left as part of a row of three that thought to have functioned almost as a parachute or.
Speaker 2: A helicopter, which slowed her fall.
Speaker 3: The impact may have also lessened by the updraft from a thunderstorm she fell through and went through thick foliage at the landing site. So I mean just and then and the crazy thing was as many as fourteen other passengers were later discovered to have survived the initial crash but died waiting to be rescued.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah that I don't know, like if I fell ten thousand feet, how do you have the like you don't faith in yourself to keep going?
Speaker 2: You don't or you just it's like.
Speaker 1: Okay, like you do. I have to survive because my God, like one of their dances.
Speaker 3: But so they think it helicoptered the seat helicopter down which slowed her, and then an uplift from the storm and then hitting the foliage. I mean, the confluence of events that needed to happen to keep this woman alive is mind boggling.
Speaker 2: Wow. So there's your survivor from history.
Speaker 3: To and then when she landed and the botflies were in her and they're climbing out of her, she had to dive into a river and get a key and then open up No, I'm kidding, that was it.
Speaker 1: And then build a puzzle that said Survivor Season fifty for some reason, and that got her out.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, Colby was there. She found a Billie eilish Idol and she was okay. So there you go. You've been listening to Podmeyt's twirled. The torches may be snuffed, but our questionable analysis burns on. We'll see you next time at Tribal