Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Well Cowboys, This he's Talking Cowboys Screaming live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Six past second Passcott tinsonchdown, and now.
Speaker 1: Your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and.
Speaker 5: The SWBC Studios. Welcome in everybody.
Speaker 4: We've got Patrick Nocy Walker, We've got Josh Rodriguez Hi, We've got Tommy Yarish filling in for Isaiah Standback who's halfway across the globe right now. And we've got Chris Bean in the back. As always, I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us. Lots to talk about this week because it's the final week going into what is going to be either a very interesting or very non interesting. I mean, I guess that's pretty much how anything is in life. But you get what I'm talking about. It's free agency madness. In the middle of March.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought we're gonna talk about John Cena turning heel.
Speaker 4: We okay, not ready for we can talk about that. I saw like the Rock was involved in there.
Speaker 6: It's a big deal.
Speaker 5: It's like a whole thing.
Speaker 6: Arguably bigger than anything going on in this place, you.
Speaker 4: Know, as I just skipped the whole No, I'm just kidding. We're gonna talk cowboys, all right. Listen, there's two people here, maybe two and a half that gets talk wrestling. I don't know how much are you thought of ut on the wrestling.
Speaker 7: I was more in the the meme aspect of it because I sent Patrick a couple the other day where I have no idea what's going on, which is really funny.
Speaker 4: You and I are cut from the same cloth because whenever we do see something.
Speaker 8: That the other one foundation is there. We just got to get you guys to build upon them.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: I've been the Wrestledmania like that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was the one where stone Cold Steve Austin came back from from retirement and made things happen.
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which might happen at this WrestleMania as well.
Speaker 6: Who knows who knows. I like it wrestling talk in the off season at the.
Speaker 5: Diversity of North Texas.
Speaker 10: Baby, So he retired and unretired like eight times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 10: That's how wrestled wrestling twice it's like sixty five.
Speaker 5: It looks like we wrestling.
Speaker 4: So, uh, there's one guy that has retired and he will stay retired.
Speaker 5: I think Zach Martin.
Speaker 4: His whole announcement and celebration is scheduled for tomorrow, So we'll have some more on that next week as he kind of wraps up and ties the bow on what was a phenomenal career. That's one news and note to get to. But that's not the only one.
Speaker 8: It's not because Daredevil comes out today.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, just honoring Frank Castle Daredevil. There you go. Yeah, that whole situation. So let's talk osa Odiggie Zua.
Speaker 5: Okay, So talk about or Mail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk about rumor mail.
Speaker 8: It's been hot and it's been heavy, and uh the Cowboys have been fighting tooth and nail to try to get a long term extension done with Osodiggie Zula for the better part of a week now. They started up in Indianapolis early last week where Tommy began kicking some major ass up there and I love it. I was able to join Nick Eatman and I were able to join Tommy on Wednesday, and we you know, boots on the ground there with Tommy really got to dig into what was going on with the situation with OSA, and every single day they got more and more traction toward getting a potential long term deal done. I actually believe and I know Tommy is with me as well on this. Uh, there was a good, a strong feeling that the deal would have been done by the end of next week. That's how much progress they were making on a daily basis end of last week last week.
Speaker 3: So we've still got time here, wish well maybe kind of kind of, which goes to the next point. Yeah, Okay, So.
Speaker 8: Today being Tuesday, March fourth, this is the deadline day four franchise tags to be a plot by the to the NFL. They have to be filed by four pm Eastern time. So they're up against it right now. Make some more leeway on yesterday, or headway on yesterday, I should say, but the franchise tag still looms. The Cowboys are not and I repeat not going to let Osodiggie Zoo Wu hit the open market.
Speaker 3: They're not going to do it either way. Either way he will be in a deal or there will be a tag.
Speaker 8: There will be a deal or there will be a tag. Now, in the event, and right now, for those that like to play the.
Speaker 5: Eyes, you got about five hours until that day.
Speaker 3: And it is still as we woke up this morning, it is still fifty to fifty. It could go either way.
Speaker 8: A deal could land while we're sitting here having this conversation about a deal.
Speaker 6: And that's been the case since Friday.
Speaker 8: That's what I mean, like, it's that's how close this has been. It is imminent, but nothing is agreed as of yet. So in the event the franchise tag is applied, I'm told it will be the exclusive franchise tag to the tune of twenty five point one million dollars before Cowboys fans twenty five point one million, the ones the one year fully guaranteed for the one, the one, the one.
Speaker 6: Year, one year.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: Cowboys hope that if it comes to that that it will result in it being simply a placeholder and nothing more. Cowboys will still be able to negotiate a long term deal all the way up and through the next deadline, which will be July fifteenth. If the Cowboys don't get a deal done at that point, then the franchise tag will lock in and OLSA will hit the open market again next year. That being said, there's evidence towards that because DeMarcus Lawrence, granted, was the second franchise tag. DeMarcus Lawrence was tagged a month later they got a five year deal done. Dak Prescott his second franchise tag, they tagged him four hours later, four year deal, one hundred and sixty million dollars. So there's a bit of a precedent there. And I say that to say Cowboys will continue to work toward a deal even if the franchise tag lands because they need the cap space. They cannot allow that twenty five point one million dollars to sit there against them going into free agency.
Speaker 5: Now, just clarify for those that might be new to this.
Speaker 4: Whenever it comes to Osa, he doesn't want the tag either, even though it's guaranteed money and it's something upfront that he would get the twenty five million, which is probably more than he would get on average per year in the long term deal. Because on his market values more so around twenty to twenty three million, and I've seen numbers kind of all the.
Speaker 5: Way across the board.
Speaker 4: I would probably say it's closer to the twenty than the twenty three be correct, And so if you're talking about market value and where he stands, average per year would be lower than what the tag would be.
Speaker 5: However, he's more interested than the long term.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 4: He wants it's a twenty year or twenty per year over the next three or four years down the line, as opposed to just the twenty five years.
Speaker 6: And on the franchise side, really quickly, you're saying OsO would not want that, but I think that goes to any player, like the having a franchise house park is not an ideal situation for most plays.
Speaker 5: It's betting on themselves.
Speaker 8: Tell me and I had a great conversation about this whole thing yesterday as far as pros and cons for both the tag versus the multi year contract franchise tag. Yes, there's a situation where you have a fully guaranteed lump sum twenty five point one million dollars.
Speaker 3: Bang right in your account. Got it? Okay, here's the problem. Knock on Wood.
Speaker 8: What if you get injured, your your free market value in the following off season season tanks because now all these questions about will he be the same player? How long will it take for him to get back on the field. There is an inherent risk in the franchise tag, which is why players don't like it, even though the guaranteed money is steering you in the face. Also, if you take into account if you sign a multi year deal, presumably especially for Osa, the fully guaranteed money on the new deal will be multiplied.
Speaker 3: Over this twenty five.
Speaker 8: So let's say, let's assume it's fifty million, just hypothetical, Let's assume it's fifty million guaranteed on the new deal. Wouldn't you rather fifty million guaranteed plus stability on a four year contract versus a one year contract?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: So to Kyle's point, Osa and no player Hey as T Higgins, how he feels about a franchise tag. Not all women fuzzy about it. So again, Osa doesn't want it to doesn't want to be tagged. The Cowboys don't want to tag him. Both sides want the deal to get done, which is why there's been so much traction in progress. Yeah, progress in toward getting that. But when you're talking about a deal of this magnitude, you know, sometimes you know, it takes a little longer to tweak and fine tune it to get it exactly where it needs to be. I still have confidence that gets done, that gets done today before the deadline. But fifty to fifty, I say, as we have this conversation, and if it is a tag situation again, I say to Cowboys fans, I would be absolutely stunned if we're having this conversation and training camp and he's still on the tag.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd agree with that sentiment. I think that, you know, when you look at this, you mentioned at the top of the show, there's five hours to get an extension done.
Speaker 10: I don't think there needs to be any rush here.
Speaker 7: I don't think either side is in any side of any kind of hurry to get this done because playing also, Digizu is going to be wearing a star on his helmet next year, So it's just a matter of Okay, how many more years is he going to be wearing that star on his helmet and how much is he going to get paid?
Speaker 10: Look like you said, guys, the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Don't want to pay twenty five point one million dollars. I also Diggy Zoo is a hell of a player, But if they want to be selectively aggressive and free agency, they're going to have to have a pool of money to where they can go out and get guys that fit that mold. So I would guess, and this is just a guess, that franchise tag gets applied today, and we're in a Dak Prescott kind of situation where twenty four hours from now we could be looking at an extinction.
Speaker 10: The good news is they've gotten until mid July.
Speaker 7: I think it's July fifteenth, at four pm Eastern time to finalize an extension before that franchise tag officially goes into place. So I don't think there's any hurry here. I don't think either side wants to rush into a deal and make any kind of rash decisions. So I would expect today the franchise tag gets placed on Odigiezu and they get an extension.
Speaker 8: I think, really, I think the bigger thing is for the Cowboys. They they're trying to get this done for a couple of reasons. One, obviously, they want os in the building for a long term but from an accounting standpoint, legal tampering starts on March tenth. You want to know what your accounting looks like going into March tenth. You need to know what your actual money is. Not Okay, well, we got this twenty five million against us, and maybe that won't be the case come March thirteenth or March fourteenth. You don't want to have to play it that way. You want to clean accounting going into March tenth, saying this is what we have, this is what we have to work with.
Speaker 6: Simply put, it buys you more time to get the extension done and it takes the guess work out of him being on a different team next season. It's not going to have he will have a star in assignment, like you said. And I don't think anybody wants an Anthony Spencer situation where he's on a franchise tag for the next two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, because you could tag him again next year, but that number is only going to go up exactly, And kind of going back to what Tommy was saying, deadlines make deals.
Speaker 5: We hear that all the time.
Speaker 4: The deal right here is he's he's back playing and simple like you said, keep it simple. There, he's going to be a Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle next year. But because there's so much motion, just because they do place the tag and because that is the placeholder, doesn't mean we have to wait until July. It could happen, absolutely, and I.
Speaker 7: Think that I think, you know, we talk about the deadline today for the franchise tag.
Speaker 10: I think the deadline for an extension is what.
Speaker 7: Patrick was talking about legal tampering, because you have got to have a visual of what you have to work with from a money perspective going into free agency, because when you look at this team, there's only so many spots you can fill in the draft. And this is a draft class that you know, when you look at players from fifteen through maybe fifty, from what we're hearing that you're kind of getting more or less the same guy. And even Will McLay told us at the Senior Bowl that this is a class that is full of depth pieces in terms of what these guys can provide to a team. And the good news is that's exactly what the Cowboys know they need to build around their stars. And Odicky Zoo I would consider to be one of their better players and you could say he's a star on the defensive side of the ball. So you've got to get him in the boat before that legal tampering period, so you can know how to mash the draft and free agency.
Speaker 8: And to a point that you made yesterday when we were speaking about the whole Osa situations, as well as Osa has played for this Dallas Cowboys defense, regardless of who the coordinator has been, there's a very real chance that when you go back and you look, like, tell me you told me yesterday, when you go back and look at how Eberflus runs his schemes, there is a really good chance that Osa explodes onto the scene in twenty twenty five under met Ebraflu.
Speaker 3: So keep that in mind.
Speaker 8: The Cowboys are looking at the potential with him with ebra flues as well as his contributions are.
Speaker 4: He's going to make twenty million a year, He's going to have to produce. So as that's plain and simple right now, you think of it, and you look at him on the rookie contract as a third round pick, you say Osa overachieved. He did everything he needed to. He was a productive player. He did some things well, he did not do some things as well as across the board. If you're getting paid twenty million dollars Osa Digizua, the pressure is going to go out.
Speaker 6: And I kind of want to figure it out, and you want to know where his ceiling is.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, and good thing is I agree with Patrick here. I think Matt Iberflus already has it in his head that Osa is a key part of this defense.
Speaker 3: I could see he's already talked about pushing hands behind getting this deep.
Speaker 7: He absolutely is, because in the past he has said that the three technique defensive alignment is quote the engine unquote of his defense. And so when you look back, when you look back at his last three tech in Chicago, Javon Dexter, there's a difference between the two. Dexter comes in at six six three h twelve O Digi Zoo is significantly smaller at six two to eighty. But when you look at the name of the game for three techniques, it is quickness and explosiveness, and I think Odigi Zua gives you a little bit more in that.
Speaker 10: Department, albeit his smaller stature.
Speaker 7: I think Dexter was, you know, maybe just not on the right spot there in Chicago and they're thinking about moving him around now. So if that's what you need for this defense, and we know how good Mattyberflus's defense when they're playing at their best, are at stopping the run and taking the ball away, it starts up front, and I think if you've got your three technique, and it seems like they will, then you're looking at at a year where OsO Dicky Zua can potentially be more than what he's valued at.
Speaker 4: I'm excited for Osa.
Speaker 5: He's going to get the bag.
Speaker 4: He's earned the bag. He's been around. He's been as consistent. I know he's had flashes of greatness, but he's had a consistent floor. When you look at the film, he's effective. It may not end up in sacks and pressures, but he clogs the middle better than anybody else that's done it for Dallas in the last six or seven years.
Speaker 5: So really excited for him.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I want to play a game with you guys, real fast.
Speaker 3: We like games.
Speaker 4: You've been studying up on the tag Cowboys have used eleven franchise tags. Can you name all eleven of them and what year they were knowing they were named? Okay, well, the year is bonus points.
Speaker 3: I want to try to work backwards.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so you're working backwards, I'm gonna turn.
Speaker 11: My No, it wouldn't be fun if I cheated. Yeah, and all right. The last one I'll give you a HND is in twenty twenty three. Well, Tony, there's one. Dolton Shots got it? Deak Prescott? Okay, so when I say dek Prescott will kind of him as one.
Speaker 4: That's one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yes, even though he was tagged twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think it's either yeah, yeah, let me, I'll double check double okay, but yes, he was tagged twice.
Speaker 3: Okay. So Pollard, Shots, Prescott, DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: There's four. Oh, now you are one. Anthony Spencer.
Speaker 5: Got that one out of the way. Was he tagged once.
Speaker 3: Or twice Spencer or twice? Okay?
Speaker 6: Trying to help you back to back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, trying.
Speaker 3: We didn't tag them? Are cool? No? No?
Speaker 4: No tag of DeMarco. If you're in the YouTube chat, go and play along.
Speaker 3: I mean along.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't look at Let's see if they keep going.
Speaker 3: Didn't tag I've got it. We didn't tag this? Did we? Did we tag it? Did we?
Speaker 12: We?
Speaker 3: Tagged it, we tagged, we tagged it, gave it away. Sorry, I was processing. Okay, you're missing how many two? Okay, so there are it's eleven times use the tag. Yeah I'm missing too.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, these are the two toughest one mm hmm.
Speaker 5: If you know it in the YouTube these gears, do you know it?
Speaker 10: No, Ida, you.
Speaker 4: Don't know it.
Speaker 3: But didn't tag Tony. I know that they were proactive and signing to position linebacker and safety safety safety.
Speaker 5: That was the first time.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think he tagged us safety.
Speaker 5: That's the first one. Do you know you have it in front of you.
Speaker 3: No, okay, I'm going to pass on safety.
Speaker 4: Kay Hamilton in two thousand, I would not have I don't remember ham Hamlin or sorry Ken Hamblin.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I ran as a player. I did not remember they tag He.
Speaker 6: Said, did we not tag Flos Adams?
Speaker 4: I thought he already said flows though, oh no, so sorry, there's two. No, that's the offensive tackle. But yeah, there's still a linebacker that I thought you said.
Speaker 3: Flows a linebacker. I wasn't shown, not Laton. Oh just do me. Oh it's Anthony Hitchins.
Speaker 5: Different Anthony.
Speaker 8: One second I thought it was Bruce Carter, but then I was about to say Bruce and you that start with a.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, no Anthony Spencer twice. Oh, okay, got him twice. Okay, that's just a fun game. I just thought it was interesting. There's a lot of those. It's across the board. It's either it's worked out great for Dallas or hasn't necessarily worked out.
Speaker 8: I would have I could have stayed for twenty four straight hours, I wouldn't have gotten Ken Hamlin.
Speaker 6: It also depends on what the hit was, because I wonder what it was for King Hamlin.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it wasn't much even this. I mean, what's the safety position now?
Speaker 6: It's not yod. I wouldn't even be bad now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't blink it.
Speaker 10: I don't think it's too mean.
Speaker 3: What's the dollar for the Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Eighteen point six now for the exclusive free agent.
Speaker 3: I'll consider that's not that now.
Speaker 5: Any other news and notes before we move on.
Speaker 8: Cowboys are also in active contract talks with the Marcus Lawrence. Those have begun. DeMarcus Lawrence and his agent, David Canter. They've had some comments to one oh five three the Fan and you know they're playing the game. David Canter is no rookie, he knows how it goes, so that those talks have begun as well. Jordan Lewis, those talks have begun. No offer has been made quite yet, but then that's because they're trying to get the OSA situation nailed down before they really get traction with Jordan's But speaking with Stephen Jones, as Tommy did speaking with Brian Schottenheimer, Jordan Lewis is a top priority and being bringing both back.
Speaker 6: And then going back to a few weeks ago when we were talking about the free agents that from this team that we need to keep.
Speaker 3: We're talking about we're talking about Ordan and.
Speaker 7: It's almost like and we had mentioned Krolso Diggi Zua at three Tech was an important piece of Matty Eberflu's defense that nickel corner, Kenny Moore in Indianapolis, Kyler Gordon in Chicago. If you get Jordan Lewis back in Dallas, I think he might be one of the better of those three.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And one of the bigger tidbits from News and Notes is that contract Hawks have officially begun with Michael Parsons. Officially the Love had some feelers back and forth over the past several months, all the way up to me speaking with Michael Parsons when he was doing the Great Make a Wish the Great Thing with the Maker Wish Kids at Great Wolf, but as recently Lee as last week in the Combine Cowboys launched official contract, talked with Michael Parson. So a lot of things they're juggling in the air, and they really need that OCD deal to land as quickly as possible.
Speaker 6: Just a deal, any deal, you know what I'm saying. If they if they have my contract for the next three.
Speaker 8: Years, Olsa, Jordan, Michah, bang, bang bang, let's just get all three of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, get it done.
Speaker 3: Have you seen him blog? You got to keep that guy either.
Speaker 10: I mean, this is Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: So this is one of my favorite parts about the YouTube comments section is one they they they missed on Spencer too, and once they we named it, there's.
Speaker 3: Like a yeah, somebody WoT Kile. I ironically, someone named Kyle.
Speaker 5: I mean, of course we know everything.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 5: Brandon as.
Speaker 4: Hamblin, Somebody's just asked Melvin asked, He said, how do you how do people expect to improve this team, but want everything to be the same. Speaking on Osa and Jordan Lewis, may be very clear. Not everything was bad with that defense last year, and couple of the good things you want to keep the same.
Speaker 6: People are soon to forget. Yeah, they're quick to forget.
Speaker 4: Jordan Lewis had a hell of a season and Szu is an impactful player on your defensive line.
Speaker 6: Jordan Lewis was the most consistent player on your team, all of in your locker room. So here's details.
Speaker 10: Here's my question.
Speaker 3: For the group here.
Speaker 7: When you look at this the amount of free agents that Dallas has, You've got Osa and Jordan Lewis and Rico Daddle. I would say, or your your three guys there at the top that you know you probably want to keep around.
Speaker 3: No one's arguing on that one.
Speaker 7: Aside from that, is there really anybody that you've got a you really like?
Speaker 10: Oh man, we've got to have this guy back a.
Speaker 3: House in house. Those have none that you would stand on the table for.
Speaker 8: There are a couple I would like Eric Kendricks, for example, I am like Eric Kendricks to return.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to stand on the table.
Speaker 4: We'll see and right, Rico is dependent on Bobby Wegg happens running back, and I'm not I'm standing on the table for Jordan Lewis and O City. Absolutely, I might go to the table for a couple more guys, but I'm not getting up on the table.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing is I would like Carl.
Speaker 10: Right, but I'm not staying it's all things that you it's all things that you would like.
Speaker 7: But in terms of things being the same in terms of a personnel standpoint, I don't think they are going to be the same because you look at some of these guys in free agency where I don't know how interested Dallas is going to be, like, oh, we've got to have this guy back, because yes, at points last year the Dallas defense was very good, but I think that they can be better. And I think that that's where look at this draft class. You know, it's a lot of defensive tackles that are very good. It's a class where you can go find a corner in the early rounds or later rounds, and I think you can get some value there. You know, you look at the linebacker, maybe maybe that's the spot you take earlier because of the injury to marveon overshown and we'll see what happens with Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 10: So I don't know how much of the same it's going to be.
Speaker 7: I think that this is going to be a new look defense with some of the same cornerstone parts that we saw last year that made it go. I don't know how how much of an emphasis there's going to be on keeping more things the same, because if you stay the same after a seven and ten season, then yeah, I think Melvin's got a point that you're not going to see much improvement.
Speaker 10: But I think this team has a lot shout out to Melvin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that this team has a lot of things that they can do to improve, and I think they're going to take the steps in the right direction. But it starts with keeping your guys in the boat. If you're going to be a draft and develop franchise, you have to take the developed guys that you draft and keep them in house. And that's why you need to sign o. So Digizuo Jordan Lewis to both.
Speaker 8: Of those points, I will say this, The Cowboys have twenty two unrestricted free agents in total.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirteen of those are on defense.
Speaker 8: We're only talking about two guys standing on the table for two the top two two of those thirteen guys. Okay, careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater here, because if you assume that the other eleven are going to walk Will Melvin, that achieves the mission of not simply repeating what you had last year. You keep the top two performers who are also your culture leaders. Okay in the locker room, Yeah, and everybody else is a discussion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, look at and I know Philadelphia is where everybody's looking right now because they lifted the Lombardi Trophy, But look at what they did from their last Super Bowl run to their current Super Bowl but run. Yes, nine of their eleven starters on defense were different from there. But the two guys that they kept were some of the top two guys in the league at what they do. Actually, I think it was eight out of the eleven, and they had three guys that returned as starters, and those three guys are at the best of what they do. I think that's what you're looking at trying to do. You can mix and match the pieces as is to try and make it all fit under the one umbrella. Of the salary cap and make your team as best as possible. But if you've got something good and you have a chance to keep them, do it. And that's what they're doing with Osa and then possibly with Jordan Lewis down the line.
Speaker 5: Don't fumble the bag there, don't do it all right?
Speaker 4: When we come back, I want to talk about some of the other possibilities. We've got a list of free agents in the NFL and they're ranked top to bottom. We're gonna go through and we're gonna play a little game along with it. Is this a want but can't have? Is it a need and we're gonna go get it? Or is this a pass?
Speaker 5: We're gonna play that game when we come back with free agent.
Speaker 4: Talk on talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission, Head to your local grocery store and roast.
Speaker 2: Yourself some black rifle coffee. Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 13: But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 2: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 4: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 14: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 4: To talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: And be sure his oats with his bare hand. Did you see that that was yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh oh yeah, savage mode.
Speaker 7: We get into these oats when you need it by any by any means, how do they buy the oats?
Speaker 6: They buy the oats on the internet using the quake r code in the left hand corners.
Speaker 3: Sick.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try something here, Tommy.
Speaker 4: If you were to make it a hand motion to say you were going to give someone a call, what would it look like like if you were like to hold it up?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you still do this?
Speaker 4: Do you know that there's like a whole generation of people that do this, that like have it with like the phone, hold the phone like that?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's like a whole generation of people that how do.
Speaker 6: You roll down the window in a car?
Speaker 3: Ah? What do you mean?
Speaker 6: I saw the trap?
Speaker 4: I saw that they were both a trap?
Speaker 3: What why not this? I don't know, because I mean you get well, they're not holding it like this, they're holding their holding it like that. Yeah, who holds their phone like this?
Speaker 5: I mean it's me who holds this?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: You know what? That's like rotary?
Speaker 6: And yeah?
Speaker 4: But yeah, this this.
Speaker 3: Is this is universal. Let's just keep it.
Speaker 10: You just take a fist like like this, what's going on?
Speaker 3: How do you hold your cell? Phone because mine is all fingers. It's like this right, not like you don't don't palm your phone. That was kind of weird. Okay, let me still all right, we're gonna play a game.
Speaker 4: This is want, need, pass, want, but can't have, and that just is in terms of the sary cap, how things are gonna play out. And then we've got need, which is, let's go get this guy. Let's make it happen, Go get them, Let's go get him. He's gonna make our football team better and we could probably try and find a way to make it work. And then the other one is passed. We don't really care, like, don't worry about.
Speaker 5: It the first.
Speaker 6: So the first one is get and then the last one.
Speaker 3: Is get get Get out of the I T. Yeah, first one, this is U G I T.
Speaker 4: This dot GET based on Greg Rosenthal's list of top one hundred and one NFL free agents of twenty twenty five. It's on NFL dot com uh and he updates it pretty regularly. So we're gonna pass the ones that are gonna get franchise tack across the board, so those are off the table. Starting with the third ranked free agent, Milton Williams, defensive tackle from Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: I would say passed because you're gonna get Also, Diggie Zoo back in the.
Speaker 4: And that's fair pass pass pass on that. Get Ronnie Stanley offensive tackle for the or from the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 3: Pass for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, thirty one years old. Yeah, he's number four on this list, but I think.
Speaker 5: I would say passed.
Speaker 4: You want to say pass, You've got to spend your money elsewhere.
Speaker 5: There's there's other places to go.
Speaker 4: Zach Bond, linebacker from the Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Wow, so this is the quickness. Can you pay him?
Speaker 3: Get that ball?
Speaker 4: It's the one year thing. He was a guy of course that was kind of off written off initially after his first team, Philadelphia found lightning in a bottle with him. He fit perfectly into that system. They're not expected to tag him. I don't see how they even try and let him.
Speaker 6: He ended the Super Bowl his game winning interception. In my opinion, I think that was.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 5: I would probably classify that as a want.
Speaker 10: But yeah, but can't get I'm with you, call yea.
Speaker 5: I think that's worth I think it would be sick. Go get him.
Speaker 8: Here's why I'm with it and not to spoil, not to provide spoiler for my open market series which has been going on since last Monday on Cowboy Daily position addressing as far as what candidates the Cowboy should have liket realistically, my linebacker's piece drops defensive end drop today. By the way linebacker's piece drops on Thursday, I.
Speaker 5: Like to the running back piece.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 8: I appreciate that Zach Bond is in fact going to be on my list. And the reason Zach Bond is on my list for all the reasons that we're talking about. He's got the measurables, He's performed, He's performed at a high level with the brightest of the spotlights on him in the Super Bowl, helped the Eagles get the job done. But also when you look at the projected market value, and I'd like to use Spoe Track for this because they typically are pretty they track, they're pretty on track with that. So their projected market value for Eric Kendricks, whom we would like to see back in the building is around seven million dollars. The projected market value for Zach Bond is nine point seven. Giver take a couple million more dollars, So then the question comes Eric Kendricks or Zach Bond. I could make the argument to keep Eric Kendricks over Zach Bond. But if you lose Eric Hendricks, I'd say throw a couple million on the extra on the table and get Zack Bond in the building.
Speaker 4: That that's where you really think that that number is gonna stick around.
Speaker 5: That keep Philadelphia.
Speaker 8: Projection is projection, right, so probably will because this is gonna change. This number is going to change upwards or downwards based upon the amount of demand that he gets on the open market. What are the negotiations looking like between he and the Eagles, so forth and so on. So if we just give it a good round, not this said nine and a half, and that could go between nine and ten.
Speaker 3: Maybe it goes as high as eleven. Maybe it comes down to the eighth.
Speaker 8: What I'm saying is it's not totally incomparable to what Eric Kendricks would probably come in on the open market. So if you are willing to bring Kendricks back, and I am, then Zach Bond for me for a couple million more has to be in the conversation. If we're talking eight or nine million, then yes, what's making and I'm gonna get if we're talking, you know.
Speaker 5: If you're weare in the double, don't get Sam Darnold.
Speaker 6: Ah, yeah, not as as he's I.
Speaker 4: Was expecting, Like I paused there because I thought everybody would be like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh I forgot that he had a great year. Yeah those as he had a great year.
Speaker 6: But I think he's he's built that culture for the Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be people back up.
Speaker 4: Now there is an eagle that is at least looking like he will be on his way down. Josh Wet twenty eight years old, edge rusher from Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: The number is still gonna be high.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pass on this one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pass, not even not even a want, but can't have.
Speaker 6: I mean I would maybe it would be a one on one.
Speaker 3: Can't have that's a one.
Speaker 6: I think for me, it's more of a like realistic like yeah, just fat numbers. It's a sad going get you want to get.
Speaker 4: And he's leaving Philadelphia because he doesn't want to take a pay cut from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a want, but it's not not going to happen.
Speaker 5: What's the do you know what the number would be around team million. Yep, Nope, that's a one.
Speaker 4: Chris Godwin wide receiver, twenty nine years old. Try and get you a veteran wide I'll tell you done.
Speaker 8: It before, and he's had although he's had some injury history here recently. I'm not here recently, but recently. You talk about a definitive w R.
Speaker 4: Two Chris, that would be Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 5: To me, that's what that would be. Lateral move and that it would Brandon Cooks. So I'm gonna say pass. I'd rather spend the first round pick on a receiver I would.
Speaker 3: Too, Okay, fair, And the more I think about the types of injury he's had a cling because then I get flashbacks of MG thirteen and we love Michael Gallup, but I get flashbacks of that. So pass.
Speaker 4: What about Carlton Davis corner from Detroit.
Speaker 7: Past, because I don't know if he fits in the scheme as well. Okay, I think plays a lot of zone. He's more of a man guy, So I would say pass.
Speaker 6: How money's he commanding?
Speaker 4: It would probably be closer to what Jay Lou's is gonna take?
Speaker 3: Need j Lou that number is, let's go Pat fourteen million. That's that's too rich for my that's too.
Speaker 4: That Does it change your mind if it's Travarious Ward, of course does change your mind. Yes, okay, he'd probably that'd probably be right around the same, right, probably fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 8: Fourteen, that's gonna be a four reference join Lewis projected market value is just around two and a half million dollars, so we're talking, oh, tens of millions more less so wow, So who were talking about Lou's only gonna get two? No, no, no again projection. Oh so it's projected. I don't think that's right at all. I think Jay Luke could come in.
Speaker 5: That might be updated like three years ago.
Speaker 3: I think you.
Speaker 8: I think Jay Lou ends up at five million, yeah, at least all right, So.
Speaker 4: Who am I looking at Travarious Ward to various Yeah, one of the best cornerbacks of in the league, at least up until this past year. Kind of had a down year and had some off the field stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh our Charvarius that we gave Yeah that guy, Okay, he actually I priced him out. So looking at my open market for defensive backs corners, I'm really trying not to spoil this and defensive backs piece will be out on Friday. Okay, Dallas dot com, Dallas Cowboys dot com, so make sure to check that out. I have tar Various Ward. They have him at eighteen million dollars.
Speaker 5: One wow, can have.
Speaker 9: Not have?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 8: You had him and then you sent him away because you're panicked because of offensive line injury, and then he became Charvarious Ward. That is now worth projected eighteen million dollars on the open market.
Speaker 3: That's you had him, you had him in the building. That's yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: To be quicker than that, you gotta be quicker, all right.
Speaker 5: The next one is gonna make you laugh too.
Speaker 4: Amari Cooper, we'll pass.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pass. I think best days are behind him.
Speaker 4: And uh DJ Reed.
Speaker 5: I skipped DJ Reid because he's.
Speaker 4: Also fifteen million Nord So yeah.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: Center Drew Dahlman, twenty six year old former fourth round pick, been one of the best centers in football recently with the Las Vegas Raiders. You just haven't heard of him. He's actually been pretty good. If you're moving Cooper.
Speaker 7: BB over, if you move bb to guard, then then I say sure, But it doesn't sound like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 10: So I say passed.
Speaker 4: His market value is right around let's say four point five going, get going and get yeah going and get for me?
Speaker 3: Okay, it just it really depends on what they're doing, Cooper BB. But I'm more like center, I'm going to say.
Speaker 5: Passed, what seven seven million?
Speaker 4: Get out of here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, are there any other names out there that you want at this point, like just looking at the list and kind of going down. We can't.
Speaker 5: We don't have time to go through all one over the one.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I'll just name a couple of them. Stop me if you see one Byron Murphy, Drake Greenlaw, Javon Holland. The green Law green Law would be one you would love to go get. That's a linebacker. He had a torn achilles in the last Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Remember he kind of.
Speaker 8: Was a freak accident. Why he was an impact player before and he was performing under guess who, Nick Sorenson, who is now the special teams coordinator for the Cowboys. So there's a relationship there. So Drake Greenlaw is one. I'll throw one out there for you were talking, we were talking defensive backs. A good veteran piece to look at adding that would not break the bank would be a Jonathan Jones right at a very very record setting level for the New England Patriots.
Speaker 5: I got Byron Jones.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Jones.
Speaker 4: Let's heard you know you did?
Speaker 8: Jonathan Jones looks like he's coming in projected around three million dollars. I think that's that's doable when you talk about Trayvon Diggs not being able to start the season likely and then then what's the future of Trayvon Digs as far as after that? So I would like the Jonathan Jones because you also don't know what Kaitlyn Carson is quite yet. He's coming off of a season ending shoulder surgery. So yes, Jonathan Jones is a cornerback name that I put out there. Okay, here's one that I think is a little too expensive and not as expensive as various ward but in the same breath as you had him in the building. Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson, former Cowboys cornerback.
Speaker 6: What a thriller that would be?
Speaker 3: Again, know right? But for seven million dollars? Beat it? Uh So? I mean there are several names.
Speaker 6: Who else you get my lover Man, the Man of the Mirror.
Speaker 4: What The chat is asking about Darius Slay, would you be interested in I would.
Speaker 6: Ask I would I got a name.
Speaker 8: I'm out on Slay because of film. He's too boom or bust on the field for me.
Speaker 5: You don't need that.
Speaker 6: This is directed towards my boy Tommy One quarterback Colt McCoy formerly of the Chicago Bears. Justin Fields, get him, get him Wow Station, you can get him Florida.
Speaker 10: He is better than Cooper Rush and Trey Lance.
Speaker 7: So if you're in house options, because that's what the Cowboys are gonna do first, I think Justin Fields gives you more.
Speaker 10: Justin Fields is.
Speaker 7: A guy that can develop under Dak Prescott, and he might be your quarterback of the future. I'm not saying he would be. I'm not saying he would be. I'm saying I think he has the talent to get there. The biggest knocks on Justin Fields, and rightfully so, are there points where he holds the ball way too long and he's trying to get something set up, but it's just not there downfield. I think part of that is a product of bad offensive lines that he's had in Chicago and somewhat in Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh was significantly better. But what he can do with his legs is what the Cowboys were hoping they could get with Trey Lance, and they just never got really the chance to get because he didn't play all that much. I think he can make all the throws. He's got a great deep ball. If Justin Fields is out there, for the right price, go get him.
Speaker 10: He can win you game. Your backup quarter to cut.
Speaker 5: You off the right price is significant.
Speaker 7: For the right price is absolutely significant if your backup quarterback is if you're tasking them with winning you games. If Dak Prescott goes down, Justin Fields has proven that he can win you football games, and with this roster, I think he can win you football games.
Speaker 4: It's a different conversation I think now than it would have been a couple of years ago around backup quarterback, because it used to be, oh, when when Dak goes down, it's a rarity, and we're kind of in a bad.
Speaker 5: Spot at that point.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Now it's gotten to the point where it's like, Okay, if that goes down, you're wasting the careers of Ceedee Lamb and Michael Parsons and some of these other players that are great at what they do right now, and it's been a little bit more prevalent for Dack to be hurt.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's playing it simple.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I would classify him as a hurt guy or a prone guy, but the track record is he has been off the field a whole lot more lately.
Speaker 5: Than he was at the beginning of his career.
Speaker 8: I think, not think, but I know after hearing Tommy yoaor state his case, I can unequivocally say that he and I are in full agree. Here's what I wrote on my quarterbacks portion of open market. Again, check that out on Dallas Cowboys dot com, and I quote what is fields exactly. See the version of himself that makes head coaches in the NFL give up on him, or the one that for a time convinces them to here to tie their franchise to him for all intents and purposes. He had Russell Wilson boxed out in Pittsburgh until he didn't and he couldn't get back on the field behind Wilson. Still, this is a twenty six year old who is exceptionally mobile and reminds me of Trey Lance. So maybe Schottenheimer can can turn fields until Will Lance maybe could have been in Dallas, but without coughing up a fourth round pick to do it.
Speaker 10: Justin Fields was better than Russell Wilson and Pittsburgh Fair.
Speaker 8: And for those that are wondering the price, this price is palatable. Spo Track has him projected at six point four million dollars.
Speaker 6: Do it for backup, and you're also getting more bad in the draft.
Speaker 3: Get them, and you're not giving up a draft pick to get him.
Speaker 4: Get them? All right, We got to take our next break when we come back. I want to know if Tommy Yars tried the shrimp cocktail in Indian apploids when we come back. Store Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 13: But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her.
Speaker 4: The backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 13: At and T five G Fast reliable.
Speaker 2: Secure five G requires CAMPAPBA plan and device five G may not be available in your areas.
Speaker 3: See add dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 15: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Lagon Turf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 12: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtime Erica how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 9: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash aericup by your side, Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Aerica respondses me very digital toolpeaker require downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile device. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for fully assurance. Message dat rais and additional terms to apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by invisil Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Tommy Yarish, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick Nocy Walker, with Chris Beam in the back. Kyle Yeoman's wrapping up this edition of Talking Cowboys. We don't have a ton of time, so I want to know how was the shrimp cocktail my friend's trip out to Indianapolis for the NFL Combine.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry for those unaware. What is the shrimp cocktail thing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm getting there.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So this there's these two sister restaurants that started at a place that's world famous.
Speaker 5: It's called Saint Elmos. Saint Almos has this.
Speaker 4: Cocktail sauce that you know how it goes with the with shrimp cocktail. It's the red sauce with the horse radish and whatever they cake this thing with extra horse radish. It's basically just to clear your sign is and if you don't know what's happening, it's going to knock you off your seat and onto the floor. And a lot of the times, it's kind of tradition that when the NFL Combine goes there and there's all these new reporters or new staff members or whoever it ends up being making it out to Indianapolis, you sit down and you have your first bite of shrimp cocktail and then the reaction is what is the fun part? Like what just happened?
Speaker 5: So I want to hear Tommy's react.
Speaker 10: That was little old me.
Speaker 7: Last week in Indianapolis, we had dinner with a group of people and the shrimp cocktail gets brought out and they you've got crackers. They're sitting with you, and so you know, I take my streath to d I cut them in half.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 7: Wait, the first time I did cheat, I'll give you that, because I had it with the cracker and I was like, okay, this.
Speaker 10: Isn't half bad. And then the protests begin where oh, you can't do I was like, okay, fine, So I had the other piece.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I mean I will never ever have a sinus issue again. Everything from here up just came out, and I've got tears rolling down my head.
Speaker 10: He's rolling We got tears is.
Speaker 7: Cracking up and and I'm just trying to hold it in as best I can, and I'm just saying in my head, don't throw up, don't throw It.
Speaker 10: Wasn't it wasn't. It didn't. I don't even know if I could have thrown up.
Speaker 7: It just felt like I was going to with how much everything was burning and I'm not a big spice guy.
Speaker 10: I don't like spicy food. I can't eat it. Oh my goodness. But it was really good.
Speaker 8: And I love hype of spice. Like I told you, in fact, it's not a spice that you can prepare fool.
Speaker 3: Nor it's like back your head on firefighter. So we look over and I look at Tommy and he's doing his best. I mean, he's like and it was equivalent to one of the like Looney Tonbes cartoons with a face turned. So everybody's like, He's like, like Steve comes out and tell me you're okay, and.
Speaker 8: He's like never better, no, no, he finally it just melts away and he just gives in to it.
Speaker 3: It was the funniest thing. I love it.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. The first time I had the shrimp cocktail was with It was with Nick emn and it was with David Hellman and we had like a group of people at Saint Elmo's and it was back in twenty twenty, right before COVID hit, and there was like a table next to me of the Jags front office, like kN was there and like I think, uh, I forgot who their coach was.
Speaker 5: At the time.
Speaker 4: It wasn't Peterson yet, I don't think, but it was. It was one of their head coaches over in that corner and I did the same thing. And as I was like struggling and sweating and looking around like is this supposed to feel like this, they were all laughing and like I remember Van Jefferson, who was meeting with the Jets at that point, like walked in and like was was in the like the table next to me, and I looked at him and he like was looking at me. He looked terrified, like I'm not getting whatever that guy's eating.
Speaker 5: Yeah he was.
Speaker 4: He saw me struggling, and I remember being like, yeah, Van, I love your tape at Florida, dude, Like it was fun.
Speaker 8: I remember the first time because like you said it so right off, pass it. Yeah, the first time I tried it. You go in and you're like, okay, it's shrimp, and you know horse radish can be spicy or whatever, so you're like okay, no, none, you're talking and then immediately I stopped talking, like there I and like you said, it feels like it's going to and it's just like I don't know what I'm experiencing, but I never want experience this again in my life. So if you noticed when we were at lunch, I did not eat the shrimp cut.
Speaker 5: Oh you didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I've already had it. Veterans move, I've already had it.
Speaker 4: The veteran move is not doing it whenever they bring it to you in the morning. And Radio Row there was one year as me and Alex, one of our producers and editors that's in the building, shoutouts Alex. He does the sounds of the sideline. Great job of doing. So we were there and they brought out like free samples of the shrimp cocktail at Radio Row at the convention Center, like heck, yeah, let's get some shrimp cocktail because I love spicy. I love it. Oh and I was like caking that horse radish. But it was like a thirty in the morning and by like nine, I was like, that.
Speaker 10: Was a bad eye, bad decision.
Speaker 3: Milk was a bad, bad idea.
Speaker 5: But that's part of it. That's the fun of the the NFL Combine. I'm glad you guys were able to go. You did great work.
Speaker 4: If you haven't looked at Combine Central on the website yet, it's just chuck full of information and rumors and interviews and all sorts of stuff. Josh put it all together. These two contributed to it. It was just tremendous.
Speaker 8: So go check it out real quick before we leave. We didn't get a chance. And I see a lot of people in the in the chat bringing up the position real quick. Let's run through the running backs free agents.
Speaker 3: Go for it real quick.
Speaker 4: Got a running back?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say a name. Just pass or get or get got it? Nick Chubb, pat no, no, get yes, Oh yes, go dogs. Aaron Jones.
Speaker 10: Okay, well that's why.
Speaker 3: No, that's not why. Aaron Jones get get yes, get yes, yes, get no. Yeah. If you can't beat them, sign them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a couple more.
Speaker 8: Naja Harris, get Yoe.
Speaker 6: We need running backs, man, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: If you're getting Harris, then you still need to draft a tandem.
Speaker 4: Give me a I think any of these guys that you probably draft, just maybe not at twelve, but I would draft somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, regardless, that's fair.
Speaker 8: Although you could argue that Aaron Jones could he could still could be last one.
Speaker 3: JK.
Speaker 8: Dobbins, get mm, what's the number one? Achilles in twenty twenty three. Uh JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins number is drum roll please.
Speaker 8: Four million, go ahead and get yeah, get million, get them. Okay, so there you go. Everybody following, And what about ge all.
Speaker 4: Capital all caps, G E T E T. The chat was insane by the way today, Thanks guys, we appreciate.
Speaker 3: Some of those running back names.
Speaker 8: Jump in the chat and let us know if you would get any of those or if you would tell every single one of them to get.
Speaker 6: Love that segment we need to incorporate, get figure it out, get or.
Speaker 4: Get or get all Right, that does it for us here on Talking Cowboys. We've got to get because the draft shows coming up here and a little bit we've got Chrispyham in the back, Tommy Yuris, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick, No see Walker, I'm Kyle Yellmans. We'll see you next week Tuesday with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.