Speaker 1: Hey, just want to say thank you to our Spotify listeners. I mean, thank you everyone. Wow, my bad, my bad.
Speaker 2: I don't need favorites, but we're charging again on the Spotify comedy charts. See, so thank you. Thanks for getting us back on those comedy charts. We appreciate it. It is Brick and Jeffrey Second Date Update Podcast. Thank you so much for being here. And if you're just finding this podcast, thank you for being present.
Speaker 1: There's so many people that go back, like six ten.
Speaker 2: The guy commented from an episode that was fifteen years old. One ever, he was like, I think this is a repeat. I'm like, you're married. I don't need yeah, yeah, I don't even know what to say to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like when people go.
Speaker 2: Back to episodes you're like ten years ago and they correct us on the trivia that was it.
Speaker 1: Oh guys, I see your comment.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna go back and fix it out.
Speaker 4: How many kids Beyonce, It's like it's this now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. So welcome to the present day.
Speaker 2: This is your second Day podcast, and we got a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call for you. Yeah, and Oran commented, and I know he's gonna like today because he said, y'all have been putting me to sleep for.
Speaker 1: Years in a good way.
Speaker 2: Second Date Update and Awkward Tuesday slash Thursday are the ghosts?
Speaker 1: Get or and get ready to sleep?
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, it's midday and he's like, oh, this is a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm We're here for it. We're here for it. Enjoy the brand new episode. It starts right now.
Speaker 4: If I had to guess, I would say ninety nine point nine percent of boyfriends, yeah, would never ask their girlfriends to do this. Oh whoa, And don't worry, it's nothing gross. It's just a really dumb question to bring up in any relationship. So dumb, okay, but one of our listeners tried it and I almost yelled out dead man walking during the call.
Speaker 1: Well that's awkward.
Speaker 4: Oh well yeah, I probably should have its appropriately, knowing how it turned out in the end. But you will not leave the question that this guy actually floats to his girlfriend coming up in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: When you talk about the big milestone moments in any relationship, there's obviously the first kiss. Okay, the first time saying.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's such a sweet moment.
Speaker 4: The first time saying I love you sober. Oh, those are different. That's very important. And apparently one of our listeners, Stephen, is approaching a major milestone for his relationship and he wants he wants our help with it. Stephen, welcome to the show. I'm assuming you need advice on how to get into her parents' inheritance, because I know that's a really big one.
Speaker 1: Why did I think you were gonna say pants.
Speaker 4: Or maybe both?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, hey, make mine a double that's what I always say.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know what that movies at the same time, sure, right family pants? Okay, I'm assuming that you're joking with us, and I like that, but yeah, totally tell us what the real situation. What's going on with you and your girlfriend?
Speaker 3: All right? So, not a problem. And here's the thing, Wait, what problem?
Speaker 4: Maybe your phone cut out? We missed some of what you said.
Speaker 2: You just said, not a problem, not a problem.
Speaker 4: So okay, so we've heard correctly. Okay, can you start with the problem? Tell us about your girlfriend?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I'm going I'll tell you what's going on, and like, let's get it.
Speaker 3: You know, I get it. Smart people will understand. But then I've got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, Steve, what's happening? I need you to put the cap back on the bottle of what of jamison or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: We need to be more specific.
Speaker 4: I want to know you have a girlfriend, yes, yeah, friend, Tracy.
Speaker 2: Tracy, Tracy, And how long have you been dating?
Speaker 3: By two years?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I moved in with her about a year ago. She has an apartment. I moved in with her. We were trying to save money at the time. Romantic but yeah, yeah, but we got some things came up though, because I've got a buddy of mine, actually got.
Speaker 3: A group of buddies. But my one buddy needs needs some help.
Speaker 6: And uh he's good dude, Sebastian, and he is fresh out of prison, not going to sugar coat it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Does Tracy know Sebastian? She never met him before susan prison.
Speaker 3: I grew up with these guys, right, there's four of us.
Speaker 6: We used to call ourselves the nerf Knight.
Speaker 1: Oh that's kind of cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he got in like nerve battles with each other we were young, and usually what people tell me about their childhood friends, I'm assuming it was during your youth.
Speaker 2: I think the whole point of what he's saying is that he's very bonded to Sebastian. Sebastian just out of prison, you're wanting to help him out core friend groups. I also have childhood friends that are in and out of prison.
Speaker 4: Okay, perfect, you came to the right place, Steven, So keep going. What's going on with you and your Nerf Night friends?
Speaker 6: So the other night, I'm playing call of duty with him, right, the four of us, and we came up with this idea that if the four of us, if we all live together, that would help out Sebastian, you know, get back on his feet, and the four of us we could all save money too. And then after a year, well then I could move back in with Tracy.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait, so you you want to tell your girlfriend that you're moving out of the house with her and moving in with your three best.
Speaker 4: Bros, the Nerf Night's Brook Sorry, yes, yes, temporarily.
Speaker 2: Why can't of the other Nerf Knights just do it without you?
Speaker 6: Do you think I want to miss that epic party?
Speaker 3: Are you nuts if you.
Speaker 1: Still pay your half of the rent to your girlfriend or she'd be left to move out.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 6: Well, hold down one second here because it was her apartment first. Okay, she was already paying that like on her own. But you got to understand, this is something the four of us have always wanted to do, and when we were young, we made a commitment to the group that it was group first to second.
Speaker 7: When that.
Speaker 4: Eight year old say that to each other, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm busy. They were maybe thirteen or fourteen when they went that round.
Speaker 5: Whatever it is is smarter than all you and sharing itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a sweet sentiment, but also from the girlfriend's perspective, like it feels like you're going back in the maturity level, you know, like you're like her boyfriend's moving into a frat house.
Speaker 1: That isn't sanctioned.
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you a question, because if you ever have had regrets in life, because let me tell you, this is like a bucket list.
Speaker 3: It's like a bros bucket list.
Speaker 1: I don't you know, I say nerf nights forever, yes, always.
Speaker 6: Right, all for one and four for all.
Speaker 3: That was our saying.
Speaker 4: You guys had a lot of saying yeah, So let's cut to why did you reach out to us for help? What are you looking to do here with your awkward Tuesday call?
Speaker 3: I need you, guys to explain it to Tracy. She's not going to be happy.
Speaker 4: Oh I can't imagine why. It's not like you're asking your girlfriend to break up for a year. You want to stay together and still do Yeah.
Speaker 6: I can come over, do laundry, she can make dinner.
Speaker 3: We can have like a nice house.
Speaker 4: No, definitely, definitely put it to her that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there might be part of your girlfriend that's stoked on this side.
Speaker 1: I would move out and still pay rent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't say I was going to pay the rent, you know, and they like pay a little bit or something, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at that point is her apartment, she should have some responsibility.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: You clearly are very very adamant about doing this with your your buddies the nerf nights. Okay, you need our advice on how do you convince your girlfriend that it's not taking a step backwards in your relationship to move in with your bros for just a year and then move back.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea. Jeff, Yes, it'll be great for everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that we all agree that's the case. But how do we get his girlfriend to believe it too. That's going to be our challenge when we come back with some solid advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call coming up right after this.
Speaker 3: It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: I want you to picture four young boys. Okay, I don't like the way. Yeah, I don't like how it started either. I probably shouldn't put it like that. Okay, no picture for a fully grown men who still act like four young boys. Most men, they all live together like the nerf nights of the round table, where nobody does the dishes and there's been a piece of cake on the floor for the past thirty days and everybody just walks around it.
Speaker 1: WHOA, Why do I just picture mattresses on the floor.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're all seeing the exact dream that our listener, Steven has to live with his three childhood buddies and the one obstacle in his way, an angry, fire breathing girlfriend currently lives with and today he wants to break the news that he wants to do this and live with these guys for an entire year and then move back in with his girlfriend again. That doesn't sound too hard to do, right, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: We got this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she knows who she's dating.
Speaker 1: You know, they shouldn't be shocking.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say so, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: All he's looking for is a little bit of advice so that his girlfriend is excited about this idea and doesn't think they're taking a step backwards in their relationship. So, Brooke, what do you have to say to Stephen here?
Speaker 1: I'm going with the night theme. Stephen. I'm gonna make you the night in shining armor.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tell her, honey, I hate the way we moved in together because of finances.
Speaker 1: That was not romantic. It was not how I wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to move out so that we can do it the right way and this will lead us to marriage more quickly.
Speaker 4: I don't know that gave a little lukewarm on your advice.
Speaker 5: If she's like any girlfriend in history, there's gonna be times where she needs space.
Speaker 4: And you're giving it to her.
Speaker 1: Oh lots of it.
Speaker 5: But if she wants to hang. You're on speed dial, so she's in control now right. If she needs space, she already has it. She wants to see you drop of a dime. She can be right there.
Speaker 1: Can we promise that?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 6: I kind of I kind of like this is I'm being proactive here. I'm giving her the space before as.
Speaker 4: You're not doing this for yourself, you're doing it for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know that, I really mutual play swords with his friends and not answering her back, and.
Speaker 4: Because she wouldn't want to see that. I'm feeling pretty confident about this. I don't know about you, Steven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just don't bring up the fact that she would ever have to go over and stay there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, don't mention the.
Speaker 1: Cooking, dinner, the laundry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, check and check.
Speaker 4: Got it all right, We're ready to do this. I'm gonna dial your girlfriend, Tracy, and then we'll step away and let you make your call. Good luck, man.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey babe, what's going on over there?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 3: What where?
Speaker 7: What number are you calling from?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a work number thing I got going on.
Speaker 3: So it's a little weird.
Speaker 7: Everything everything and yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I'm taking a break, taking a break, thought i'd reach out to you.
Speaker 3: See what's how your day is going.
Speaker 7: That's that's nice. Yeah, everything's good.
Speaker 6: Quiet, Okay, So, uh with this weekend, we still are we going to your mom's house for dinner?
Speaker 3: We can pick up and bring it there. You know, that's where that's never a problem, you.
Speaker 7: Know, Yeah, no, she wants to she wants to make a dinner, which is really sweet. So so yeah, as long as that's still good with you.
Speaker 6: And yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's fun.
Speaker 3: That's fun. You know that sounds good.
Speaker 6: So uh so listen, I just I had a great opportunity.
Speaker 3: Come my way, and I wanted to call it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Wait, like, are you getting promoted?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: Actually, it's actually it's actually kind of better.
Speaker 3: It's actually kind of better than that.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, are you going to leave your job and go work for my dad?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, okays is better. This is better. This is better than both of those ideas combined.
Speaker 7: Can you can you stop making me guess? I'm not very good at these games.
Speaker 6: I'll give you three hints, then three hints ready, okay, Sebastian, Derek and Randy.
Speaker 7: Wait, I don't understand. What is the opportunity.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, so since you've brought it up. You know, Sebastian it's trying to get back on his feet. And and Randy, well he just got a job, you know, he's doing bar back in downtown near the city. Actually, okay, we were all playing call of duty last night. I was amped up and they're all like, hey, bro, before you get married married, should all live together one time as adults?
Speaker 7: Wait? Are we getting married?
Speaker 3: You know that's sure.
Speaker 6: I mean that's always a possibility, But you're missing the point. The main point here is the Nerf Knights. Hello, this is our one chance we could live together, one tribe, one roof for a year and then move back.
Speaker 7: Wait, I'm sorry, you want to go live with your childhood friends, including one that's been in prison. Are you serious, babe?
Speaker 6: It's our one chance to get the Nerf Knight back together. W What?
Speaker 7: I don't know?
Speaker 1: I'm on board?
Speaker 7: What what is going Who is this? What is going on?
Speaker 1: We're kind of like the Nerf Knights. There's four of us.
Speaker 4: Yes, sound on board? Though, Hey, Tracy is a frank. No, it's not a prank, but you are on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning in the middle of an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's for sure?
Speaker 4: Are we're not kidding you? Because Steven is a listener and he asked for our help reaching out to you because he did have this interesting proposition. He wanted to bring your way, and he was scared that you might not take it the right way.
Speaker 7: Really, what would be the right way?
Speaker 2: I think the right way would be you being like, yeah, that's awesome, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Steven move in with the nerf Knights.
Speaker 7: If I wanted to break up with him?
Speaker 3: Sure, ohoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: I thank Tracy.
Speaker 2: You just need to understand only twelve months If you two are truly meant to be together forever, what's twelve months in a forever timeline? Rights?
Speaker 5: Like, anyway would you be able to move into No?
Speaker 1: No, no, we don't want her.
Speaker 4: There wasn't the original plan.
Speaker 1: I don't think she wants to move in with me.
Speaker 7: We've been living together for a year. It's like, if you haven't figured out at this point that I'm the person for you and that you want to be living with me, and I don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 6: Listen, babe, I know that you never hung out with them extensively before, but the really good guys and Derek is he's actually funnier than me.
Speaker 3: You would write him.
Speaker 1: That he's actually pretty funny.
Speaker 4: Step not on purpose.
Speaker 7: Look, if they get their own place, fine, I'll let you go visit them. I don't know, once a month, like you visited Sebastian in prison.
Speaker 2: Who Yeah, that's a good friend that goes to visit every month though, because prisons are never in a convenient location, that's always tough.
Speaker 3: He was a model prisoner.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, second.
Speaker 2: The ball.
Speaker 3: Night, I understand.
Speaker 7: Can we please just discuss it later. I didn't like at home.
Speaker 4: That's weird. Which home or the Castle of the earth Knights. Okay, we need we don't need to be a part of this conversation this entire time. But Sebastian or but not Sebastian Stephen. Stephen just wanted our help because this is something that him and his friends have always dreamed of doing. They're almost like into full adulthood now, and this might be the last opportunity to get to live here.
Speaker 1: Tracy, Can I just talk to you for a second, it could be your last opportunity if you end up getting married, just have some peace and quiet by yourself, like a year. I'm just saying this is not that bad for you.
Speaker 7: I mean, it gives me the opportunity, I don't know, need somebody else, maybe while I'm hanging around waiting for him to come back.
Speaker 1: WHOA, come on, Tracy, you know I don't.
Speaker 7: Think you want to give somebody that much space.
Speaker 6: What he is a reason he wants to leave, you know how women are.
Speaker 3: I knew this was going to blow up.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what, I feel like we've made a lot of progress in this phone call. I don't know if it's backward progress or forward progress, but at least the idea is out there.
Speaker 2: And that's what this couple was supposed to happen exactly.
Speaker 4: So why don't you to take the conversation back home off the air and you can discuss whether or not you really want to do this, but either way we support it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's in the NERF Knight's live stream because I'm sure there'll be one.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, why didn't I think about that? That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. I think Brooks said it best. Whatever happens next with this couple is probably what was meant to happen. If you stay together, that's life. And if you bring probably I just have a feeling down the road, we're probably going to be doing an awkward Thursday call with just Stephen where he's not living with his girlfriend anymore, or with the Nerf Knights because they've all been arrested.
Speaker 1: I thought laser stories about the NERF Knights for sure.
Speaker 4: The might be in there escapes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I not for Sebastian, he's got to be on parole.
Speaker 4: Yeah, behavior yeah, yeah, I know. Either way, I can't wait to hear from Stephen directly, or maybe watch the Netflix crime documentary about the downfall of the NERF Knights. Either way really good. I know, probably like a six part episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the documentary.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we would use our audio. We might even win some like Emmy for it. No, you don't want to be a part of a bad thing. Okay, we're not hoping for that. I'm just just to be clear. We're just speculating. Sure, but you know, if you have hit subscribe to our podcast, nothing bad can happen then.
Speaker 3: Now, ever,