Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi, what's up? How are you? I'm well?
Speaker 1: Wow, silver Fox.
Speaker 2: It's been a few decades of that, I know, but you wear it well. Thanks. I can't believe we've never met.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you had we ever met? Nope, I feel like I've seen you before. But I was intimidated of you.
Speaker 2: Intimidated Why you knows? Isn't that we weird? It's weird. It's been purfost Chris Smith. You're intimidating. I guess. I don't think. Proved me wrong. Regular guy, super easy. You'll see you fish a little bit. Yeah, it's a little tough here in California. Didn't see that question. I did not see that. That's actually the first where'd you get that? I was stalking your Instagram? Oh yeah, I went way back. I did a lot of fishing with my dad back in the day, but not too much anymore. I did have a place in Park City, which I sold a few years back, so I did a lot of fishing out there. But you know, California, I'm on the central coast and there's not a ton of fishing. I've been doing a lot of clamming. Actually, I want to clam It is really fun.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to do that. Yeah, and throw a big clam bake.
Speaker 2: We got because you know Pismo Beaches. I'm in that area. Pismo Beach clams are like like bit. You can't even take it off the beach if it's for under four and a half inches point to point, which is a huge.
Speaker 1: A four and a half inch clam.
Speaker 2: Huge, And you can take ten of them a day. It's like that, baby's up. You make some chowder, you make whatever, some linguini clam sauce.
Speaker 1: What now you're speaking my language?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, Tori. I got this. I bought this. It's a Winnebeg of Solace. It's a van, but it's it's an RV and I drive it right out onto the sand on Pismo Beach because you can drive your cars there. I set up my RV. I got my home on the beach. I walk right out the front door into the water and I'm clamming and it's fantastic. I love it.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to turn me on?
Speaker 2: Kind of? Okay?
Speaker 1: Done? Wow? So my kids just my flushing. My kids recently just got into fishing, and I used to fish with my dad when I was young, but I'm very rusty. I'm a single mom, so I decided to go on this adventure of fishing with them, and I suck.
Speaker 2: So I was hoping you give me some tips.
Speaker 1: But is it regular fishing or is it fun anymore? Not fly fishing? You do fly fishing? Yeah, yeah, No, I think the problem is we've been trying to fish off the shore.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's surfishing is completely different. Oh man, that's really tough. But that's also something to do right out of the van at the van.
Speaker 1: I saw pictures of you in your van. You were vanped Wow. So we've never met, so I feel like in the early two thousands, like I saw you across the room, but I was always.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know. I think you're right, and I do remember that we just have never actually mad. But yeah, we've been in the same room.
Speaker 1: Before, definitely, And I know everybody else in Dawson's Creek except you. But today's the day.
Speaker 2: Today's the day, and here we are better late than never.
Speaker 1: I know. Oh my gosh. So I feel like we have a lot in common.
Speaker 2: Talk to me, what do you No, that was just my segue into Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 1: Did I do well?
Speaker 2: Okaye?
Speaker 1: So you came on second season?
Speaker 2: Yeah, episode two oh two or three somewhere around there.
Speaker 1: Wow, good memory.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like it was intimidating to walk onto that set?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean yeah it was. I mean they had done you remember it. It was a the first season was a mid season replacement, so they had only really done thirteen episodes, which is, you know, half the season.
Speaker 1: I didn't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did they replace? I don't remember, and not nobody can remember, really everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should ask chat gept they know everything.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's not a bad idea. I should do that. So you know, they had done these thirteen episodes and then you took the summer off, and you know, between that last episode and the summer, those four became absolutely ridiculously popular. In fact, I remember my first day meeting Josh. He goes, hey, Josh Jackson, your life is about to change, all right, great, and it was. He was right. A couple of months later, it was complete chaos. You couldn't even do anything, as you you know, are familiar with. But it was intimidating. I mean those four were already you know, friends and had things gone and Meredith Monroe and I came in at the same time as the McPhee's, and but they were super, super friendly. I mean, it was just so easy. I don't know I've ever been to Wilmington, North Carolina, where we shot. I have it is. I have literally been trying to recreate that experience my entire career and have not been able to do it. We would play every weekend out on the boats, barbecuing, drinking beers, you know, boating and jet skis and it was just it's just a magical time. It was like because you know you guys, you guys shot in like you were in.
Speaker 1: The valley right in Van Eyes in a warehouses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been this magical. I've been to that studio. So in Wilmington, it's like you're you're on a you're in camp. It's like you're in this little bubble. You're outside of Hollywood. You don't have no idea what's going on outside of your little universe there. And it's awesome. Just I can't say no, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: When you got cast in Dawson's, where were you living.
Speaker 2: I had just moved. I was in New York actor for a few years, and then I had moved out to Los Angeles in the summer of early summer of ninety eight. I'm going to tell you this story. The short answer to your question is the Venice Beach, where I spent decades. But this is a great story. So I'm in New York. I have nothing I may have. I was a contract player on a soap for a while, a couple of independents, nobody, and I'm in my U haul with my entire life packed up, four day journey across the across the country, and I spent that time thinking about what if I had my pick right now in nineteen ninety eight, what would I want to do? And I was watching Party five, so I'm like, well, that would be a great show to be on. But they were kind of, you know, towards the end of their run, but it was still a good pick. And then there was this other show that I'd seen the pilot, where this cute girl's climbing up this ladder into this dude's room, and I'm like, when I watched it, I said, this thing's going to be an absolute hit. Turned out that it ended up being a hit, and so it was Party five in Dawson's Creek. Those are the two that I obsessed about on that four day drive I get to I pull onto Venice Beach. My very first audition is with Party five. No, it wasn't a bit role. It was to play Neb's boyfriend. I think one of the London's ended up. Yeah, I totally screwed that other up. In fact, the casting director has been interviewed about it and he's like, it wasn't good. It's just one of those you know. It was my first really big in Los Angeles, so yeah, you know I was nervous.
Speaker 1: That's actress called that shit in the bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I shipped the bed. Okay, we're doing that here, we're shitting the yeah. Oh yeah, anything here, okay, good. So I bucked that one up. Yeah. So basically, a couple of weeks later, I have just for your audience what everybody calls a general where you just go and you just say, hey, I'm Kerr, this is who I am. I'm new to town, blah blah blah. And it was with Kathleen Ledery, who was the head casting director of the WB back in the late nineties, and we didn't talk about anything other than, yeah, I'm living in Venice Beach. I bought this crappy car. You know, I'm just gonna see if I can make do. And thirty minutes go by and she goes, Okay, well thanks, and I'm walking out waiting for the door to hit me on the ass, and I'm thinking I'm never going to hear from her again. She goes kerr. She stops him. She goes, Kurt, I don't know what it is, but I'm going to find a place for you on our network. And I went, oh my god. Cut to five auditions later, in like a month, I'm on Dawson's my first. I mean, think about that for a second today. Those two things that I obsessed about for four days are the first two things that happen.
Speaker 1: Literally manifested it.
Speaker 2: It's insane. Every time I tell that story, I'm just like, I just can't I can't actually believe it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, literally wow. Most Hollywood stories don't go that way, like this Golden Child. But when you talk about that magical time and something you've been trying to recreate your whole career, I got chills when you said that, because I feel the same about nine O two and zero, and it's it's magic, and it's something you can't recreate, right, Like, it's just that one place in time with the right people. I mean, I wish that we had been out of LA and had the experience that you guys had. Yeah, I mean, we bond and did all that, but we had like the outside world seething in on us in Los Angeles. So it I wonder if your experience would have been different if you guys all weren't transplanted to North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I think so. I think we probably would have gotten in more trouble than we did in LA because we were kind of under a tight leash there, and you know, everybody took care of us. We were all pretty young too, well. I was twenty seven, twenty eight, but everybody else was, you know, no more than twenty. Michelle was fifteen when she started.
Speaker 1: And you guys didn't get into any trouble. Well, I feel like like we're the like the salacious cast, and you guys are like the conservative, like do good cast.
Speaker 2: We we all got along, we didn't get into too much trouble. Trouble. There were a couple of issues that we definitely don't need to talk about. But you know, it was yeah, it wasn't. There wasn't a lot of drama on Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 1: Is the romance behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: There was a little bit of romance before I got there.
Speaker 1: But before you got there, oh right, the one we all knew about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it's about that's it.
Speaker 1: It stops there.
Speaker 2: I know it caught. You know, that little romance cast some ripples over the years. But other than that, that's that was it.
Speaker 1: You guys were just with each other, nobody else under tight leash. There was no one else to date.
Speaker 2: Well, there was an entire town to date. Oh how did that go? Because all right, I had a girlfriend. So when I moved across the country, I had my girlfriend in the van with me.
Speaker 1: And uh, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So for the first couple of years, yeah, I was, I was tied down in Dawson's and I found what in the hell am I doing? So then I became untied and uh, you know.
Speaker 1: And then and then North Carolina was your clam.
Speaker 2: I got yeah, all right, sure, sure, what is your name? Like on a plaque somewhere there. God, I hope not. Bench. I hope not. That's a deaf possibility. Yeah, never been back. I really really want to what I've never had a reason. I've come close a couple of times, but yeah, I really want to get back. I keep telling Kevin Williamson I want to do his new show Waterfront, because they're filming there. You know, I worked watched the first couple episodes and I'm like, oh, yeah, that's that. Oh I remember that. I remember that. It's just so does it look different? I don't go back? So fun?
Speaker 1: Oh my wa uh that's a reality show. By the way, what that going back? You've never been back?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I would rather lose you to nonscripted. I would. I would rather do that without a camera following me around.
Speaker 1: What's the point then with you? I think that would be so fun. Okay, do you do it first without the cameras and then for fans to be able to see.
Speaker 2: Man, it's an idea. Okay, I'm a person. Weren't you supposed to be in? Yes? Roleig Miami. Maybe one of those cons. I'm jumping the gun here. Most of you canceled or something didn't you forget there.
Speaker 1: Was a work conflict and I had to cancel it was Raley Nolly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these conventions are wild.
Speaker 2: I'm really just getting into them, like the last year. Yeah, I've only been doing it for like three years, and i fought it for a while and I'm like, yeah, you know what, I'll give it, ah. And it's actually pretty fun. I've gotten to know like a lot of people, like you know, I got to know Brian a little bit, and uh, I mean just a ton of people that I've never met before that I should have.
Speaker 1: Same And I mean I love the experience with the fans. Of course, I am grateful for my fans, and it's so nice to see them all. It is exhausting, yeah, the whole experience because I I'm sure you as well want to give your everything to your fans and then like at the end of the day, there's nothing left except all the celebrities go back to their hotel and there's a bar and so we always like get together at the bar. And I am going through this whole thing too, where I'm meeting people that I never met in the late nineties and early two thousands, and I'm like, oh my gosh, and we all have like similar stories and a connection in a way that others can't connect to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's pretty cool to walk back into the green room and it's like, oh, there's the nine O two one oh table sitting at the Boston's Streek Table and it's just it's crazy. Okay. What's even wilder than the cons that you guys do are the because I do some of the horror ones as well from you for Final Destination and my Bloody Valentine. Those are crazy because every third person is walking around in full blown cosplay and it's gross, really well done, but it just looks it's just free. It's free well because you know, it's like Freddy or Jason or you know, just to give some of the obvious examples, but some people come up with some really nice costumes, which is blowing the door and skin's hanging off and they're walking up to your table asking for an autograph, and I'm going, I'll tell you what. The clowns. Clowns scare the hell out of me, especially Bloody and stuff. There's a lot of plans then I'm a big fan of I can't remember his name now, he's a sweet guy. But no, I had not seen Terrifier.
Speaker 1: Who's the lead, David David?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm going to interview him. I'm so psyched. Oh it's great. He's such a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Wait, so do you not like horror films?
Speaker 2: I do like horror films. I'm like old school, you know, like The Thing and the Beast Within and Love. Iathon if that's a horror film, but old school stuff, eighty stuff.
Speaker 1: Some talking yes, wow, beating myself. No, those are classics. Those are great, a very specific horror genre. Okay, so I mean you brought it up.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: So I've been controlling myself because I'm huge horror fanatic. And while people adored you as Jack McPhee on Dawson's Creek, I'm a Carter fan. So yeah, Final Destination was my everything. So see now I'm like gonna start to turn into a fan girl here.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Did you see the new one? Yeah? Be there.
Speaker 1: So on my birthday, that's all I wanted to do was watch the new Final Destination. So I went with my kids because I'm a super dork and have no plans on my birthday, but very excited and they liked it. Of course for me, there were some nice Easter eggs in there, so I appreciated that.
Speaker 2: I liked it. Yeah, just liked it. I haven't seen it yet, but I've been hearing really good things. It doesn't It goes back in time a little bit and it kind of explains the whole scenario as to why it is and what it is. Kind of don't don't blow it for me, but something along those lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit. Yeah, it's the type of thing you could watch it.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: My kids had never seen Final Destination, which I was like, what, And if you are a fan, I have seen all of them, you're like, oh my god and just waiting for things to happen and you're like, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was nice.
Speaker 1: But we came home and I was like, I'm sorry I missed this phase in your life. How did I not show you Final Destination? So we came home and watched the original and they were hooked, and I was nervous. It was almost like it was my movie. I was showing it to them and like, is this going to stand up?
Speaker 2: You know? Kids are so like they want instant.
Speaker 1: Gratification, Like are they going to be able to keep up with it, and it's you know, is it dated? And it wasn't it? So holds up and the freak out that I interviewed you today. So I'm gonna have to take a selfie with you so you can start with personal pleasure later.
Speaker 2: You can start. Have you seen them all all? Six? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, all right, you're a fan?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, such a huge fan. What was that experience?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, you know, when we did ours, it wasn't a hit, so I mean it was like, we're just making a movie and it was actually called Flight one eighty at the time. And I remember talking to one of the producers when we were filming up on the Vancouver Airport. I was like, flight one eighty really He's like, yeah, I know, we got we gotta figure that out. And then two weeks later he's like, kur, I got it final destination. Like oh my god. Yeah. That was the first time I was like, okay, this has potential now. And then there was a I remember one talk that I had with one of the producers and it was again at the Vancouver airport and he was saying, I don't know if you know this, but take a look at the jetway right, and I'm six feet tall, so I entered the jetway and it's like six'. Two there's plenty of. Headroom but as you walk down the, jetway they made this. Thing it's like an inch over my head at the at the other. End so they skewed sets for. You didn't tell, anybody just so your brain, goes something's gonna, happen something's off. Here it was THEN i realized that we're making something. Special these guys really put a lot of thought into. This Even Chad danella's. Death what's his character? NAME i can't. Remember alex's best. Friend, Sure i'm like you, anyway he's the one that dies in the bathroom with them the. Tiles if you look at the, tiles they're not they're not ninety. Degrees, again it's. Skewed so it's. Interesting stuff like like that that just kind of makes your brain, go, hmmm something's. Weird oh, my, GOSH i didn't.
Speaker 1: Know oh, my that makes me very very. Excited AND i feel, like you, know because horror through the decades in, there like it comes and goes, right ebbs and. Flows people are into, it horrors. Out even THOUGH i feel like now war is here to. Stay there was definitely a period in. Art you're probably younger.
Speaker 2: Than, me but, like are actually. Older you're.
Speaker 1: Older how do you? Know did you google?
Speaker 2: ME i love your? Hoop, Yeah i'm fifty. Three what were your?
Speaker 1: Thoughts we? Looking that's a fair, question.
Speaker 2: It's a fair. QUESTION i was just making sure THAT i was well versed in. You just just to do my. Homework oh, boy don't go too far. Back clean to. Google, great you know my? Age so we googled each? Other, Right, no BUT i went down your instagram.
Speaker 1: Hole oh, YEAH i like the raw all of Your. INSTAGRAM i am so bad at social.
Speaker 2: Media i'm never. ON i don't do. IT i just. REFUSE i do it every once in a while WHEN i have, to and it's just not my thing and it's, unfortunate but that is what it.
Speaker 1: Is so my kid was, helping my teenager was helping me set up and he came over AND i had everything up on my desk and my.
Speaker 2: PHONE i had on Your instagram and he goes sixty nine AND i was, LIKE i don't even know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: About AND i, realized you have like sixty nine point nine thousand folds.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny, abtibation.
Speaker 1: Dude so we need to get you one more follower to get off that, number unless you like.
Speaker 2: ME i like that. Number actually like sixty.
Speaker 1: Nine, okay, WELL i, KNOW i feel like we got to pump up your.
Speaker 2: Followers we. DO i would like to have like nine sixty. Nine that would be. Sweet this is. Doable why don't you help me? Out do? It? Look, yeah help you help me?
Speaker 1: Out CAN i help? You I'm i've done all my social media from the beginning. Myself i'm proud of. IT i can't get off one point eight.
Speaker 2: Million oh oh, oh that's so.
Speaker 1: TERRIBLE i, know BUT i hear that two millions of the sweet.
Speaker 2: SPOT i wish nine thousands the sweet.
Speaker 1: SPOT i sure it, is but it's. YEAH i. KNOW i you're very adorable promoting the, conventions BUT i want to see more.
Speaker 2: Of, you like in your. LIFE i.
Speaker 1: Know i'm giving you a social media course right.
Speaker 2: Now IT'S i appreciate. It it's just so hard to think that to do, that because you, know then you gotta you're actually taking pictures, yourself which AM i going to do? THAT i don't Think i'm going to do. THAT i don't. Know maybe one of these DAYS i will start to apply myself in the social media. Area.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, NO i feel. YOU i feel really awkward taking pictures in my self, too and THEN i have to ask my kids to do, it and then they don't want to do, it so THEN i don't, post and it's likely. Downfall it's like a domino.
Speaker 2: Effect will you post something and boost me? Up because if you post something and link me into, it, however whatever that, is that will.
Speaker 1: Help, Yes i'm going to post this episode And i'm going to ask you to collaborate with me on this.
Speaker 2: Episode, okay all, RIGHT i will do that.
Speaker 1: And you're going to accept that if you know how to do, that. Right do you know how to do?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: NO i, don't But i'll figure it. Out.
Speaker 1: Okay can we talk about The Dawson's creek class? Reunion?
Speaker 2: Yeah of. Course AM i supposed to say fuck? CANCER f.
Speaker 1: Cancer i've been going WITH F f cancer just.
Speaker 2: To keep A. Pc but it's up to. You, no not everybody wants THE f bomb on the. Show are you judging? Me not at? ALL i would HAVE f bombs it was my.
Speaker 1: SHOW i really like That ford And i'm a good.
Speaker 2: GIRL i JUST i don't. Know, yeah before.
Speaker 1: We get to, that do you think that your character On Dawson's creek and my character on NINE o two and, zero So jack And donna would have been? Friends?
Speaker 2: ABSOLUTELY i do, Too, yeah.
Speaker 1: DEFINITELY i feel like they would have been. Besties, yeah and that's an. Observation. OBVIOUSLY i watched your show LIKE i never came to until this point in. Life WHEN i was interviewing you AND i thought about it AND i was thinking about your, Character i'm, like we would have been.
Speaker 2: Friends, yeah we would have that's. Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay so back To Dawson's creek class. Reunion, wait so the show Is september twenty, Second, monday and it's completely sold? Out is that? Correct In New?
Speaker 2: York it's sold out in twelve. Minutes twelve minutes. Minutes it's only a thirteen hundred seat, theater but, yeah twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: In support of your Friend James vanderbeek and F. CANCER i think it's so beautiful what you guys are doing and coming together doing, it and you weren't even in the, pilot but you're reading.
Speaker 2: Different, parts like three different Parts i'm going to.
Speaker 1: Read can you say your characters in THAT i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't even know the. CHARACTER i Know, body which Was joey's brother in, law but THAT i think he has like one, scene like a couple of. Lines and THEN i think there's two teachers That i'm. PLAYING i think the biggest role is the film teacher That dawson interacts with in the. PILOT i, GOTTA i gotta watch it. AGAIN i just watched it like the other week And i've already it's already lost my. Mind. OH i got to tell you about that project, too That i've been watching a lot Of Dawson's creek this year a. Lot?
Speaker 1: Gotcha and is there any way that fans can watch? This will it stream it all after the fact or?
Speaker 2: ANYTHING i inquired about that because people were asking on My instagram PAY i checked it, out and you, know why Haven't why can't you guys last? Stream apparently it's extremely expensive to do, so and it involves getting a lot of legalities out of the, way and just didn't have the time and because it's a fundraiser or the. Money so the answer is, no they might stream everything but the reading because there's a couple other things going. On that, night but the script, ITSELF i don't think they. Can, Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well hopefully it'll lead to more. Stuff and what were you just about to, say there's something?
Speaker 2: Else oh, Yeah, SAM i was Watching i've been watching a lot Of dawsons because you know all about, this But i'm in the middle of writing. Book it's basically my journey Through dawson's The Dawson's creek. Years so you, Know i've been watching a lot of. Episodes i've interviewed you know how it, goes like TWENTY i think over twenty five people, now everybody on the show behind in front the, camera and it's been it's brought up a lot of old memories and you, know things THAT i haven't even thought about in, decades and it's just been really really, fun really.
Speaker 1: Fun yet through the writing, process you haven't worked.
Speaker 2: Hurt, no you mean back To. Wilmington, yeah, no that.
Speaker 1: Was the air quotes for your.
Speaker 2: Air, quotes, okay in your fake life and. Yours it's on the. Docket, ACTUALLY i do want to get down. There it's just a question to.
Speaker 1: Win And wimill has come.
Speaker 2: Out it'll be about this time next. Year oh, Awesome, yeah, yep still writing, IT i hand it In, thanksgiving and THEN i guess we've got a year of whatever happens AFTER i hand it. In you know that, Process bear AND i do you got like half the? BOOKS i? DO i?
Speaker 1: Do, Yeah it's it's a, long arduous, process but the outcome is always so. Fulfilling, Okay so we have roughly a year to really work on your social because that's when you're going to really want to get the most. Exposure, right sixty nine thousand people can see you right.
Speaker 2: Now, Well Grand central's publishing, it so they're going to help me with that whole social marketing. Thing BUT i. Helped i'll take Some, uh Then i'll Need i'll need. YOU i need help big.
Speaker 1: TIME i know it's it's early in the process, still but do you ever foresee that turning into a?
Speaker 2: Documentary there is there's A, Yeah i've actually got a meeting tomorrow about.
Speaker 1: It oh my, Gosh i'm just intuitive To Churs.
Speaker 2: Smith you did you figured that one? Out, yeah we'll. See we'll see how that one. GOES i HAVEN'T i haven't talked to these guys.
Speaker 1: Yet, okay keep me, Posted. Pale do you eat sushi too?
Speaker 2: Much?
Speaker 1: Oh? My, gosh same too.
Speaker 2: Much we have a couple of really great places around here that my wife AND i love to. Hit all.
Speaker 1: That i'm sure you're in the good.
Speaker 2: Area it's either, sushi or It's, mexican or It's. Indian that's well. ROUNDED i, mean you, KNOW i liked.
Speaker 1: Both cooker you just.
Speaker 2: Cooked I'm i'm more of the COOK i really enjoy. It. Yeah does she?
Speaker 1: Bake she.
Speaker 2: Tries she's a. Much she's better bacon THAN i. AM i cannot. Bake, yeah she'll do The she'll do the chocolate chip cookie right.
Speaker 1: Now, okay that's.
Speaker 2: NICE i have a. Neighbor, yeah she just drops stuff off all week. Long it's. Fantastic so it's LIKE i have two. Wives it's it's it's really. Nice do you want a third social media? Wife?
Speaker 3: Okay oh my, gosh, wait can we talked about my Bloody?
Speaker 2: Valentine? Yeah my bloody balance? Too? Sorry, YEAH i mean did you see the? Original, yes that was one of my.
Speaker 1: FAVORITES i was way too young to be watching, it was it it came.
Speaker 2: Out it was around eighty.
Speaker 1: Four, YEAH i shouldn't have been watching, it BUT i was watching it and loved it so. Much SO i was super psyched for the reimagining of.
Speaker 2: It of, course it had, nothing no likeness whatsoever with the. Story that's WHY i, said. Reimagine, No my Bloody downtein was actually a lot of. Fun it was interesting because it was the first live action movie to use the new THREE d. Tech that's, Right so it was really fun to watch these camera guys figure out how to do this really. Time, yeah it was very. INTERESTING i mean the equipment that they had was just. Insane they had this WHOLE i figured what you call? It what is? It they called the dad, guy, now the digital, Guy like that was the first he was the first dat. Guy he had the cart that just had all the storage that kept off ones and zeros that we were shooting every. Day and now that's just a part of the. Crew now is the that? GUY i think you called it that.
Speaker 1: GUY i know nothing about.
Speaker 2: This, yeah the way we did, it this is. Cool this is. Cool so you know what a rad camera, is, Right, no it's ACTUALLY i think it's an EIGHT k. Camera we shot at FOUR k and it's just a really good. Camera so you have the one camera, shooting like if we're shooting at, you you got you, know the regular lens just pointed at, you and then there was a second camera at ninety degrees and it shot into a forty five degree mirror and it was offset just a little bit to give you that THREE d. Effect so there were two cameras rolling all the time in that. Formation so you can imagine the amounts of data that was accumulated during one take at you, know two cameras at FOUR. K that's gigs and gigs and. Gigs that would get all my.
Speaker 1: Batting oh my, God i've never done a movie in THREE. D, yeah you guys have to like do anything, special like hold hold for it because it's gonna something's gonna be coming.
Speaker 2: NEW I i didn't. SPECIFICALLY i think Probably tom did with the up for the Old Tom. ATKINS i think he had to stay, there you, know very be very. Still but for the most, part, no it was mostly. Technology it wasn't too much asked of the of the actor to do something.
Speaker 1: Weird oh my, gosh such a good. Movie they should redo.
Speaker 2: It, no with, you.
Speaker 1: Everything comes back in style like it's about, Time so.
Speaker 2: Why don't we do. Another we should do It Dawson's. Creek we should Do Toobson's.
Speaker 1: Creek i'm sure everybody asks you guys that it's never gonna.
Speaker 2: Happen we we actually Remember Dylan. Neil of, Course doug the, Sheriff pacy's. Brother he called me like five years ago Is. KUR i got an, Idea so we went out had a. Drink he's like my, wife AND i wrote this. Pilot it's Called Cape. Side it revolves around you and, me and it's real. Time so it's twenty years later After Dawson's jen's, daughter who were now. Married we have Raised jen's, DAUGHTER i forget the character, name and we have a couple of other foster. Kids we're living on the. Creek i'm the high school football. Coach he's now the, sheriff and it's, about you, know managing this household of. Kids it's very much like The foster's but with two, dudes but with The Cape side esthetic and background and, backstory and we could have Like dawson And joey and everybody pop in every now and then and do. CAMEOS i thought it was a great.
Speaker 1: Idea i'm obsessed with this. Idea what's what's the hold?
Speaker 2: Up the hold up Is sony at the time and didn't want. It doesn't want to do anything unless certain people are involved from the. Original what if that's what we're talking.
Speaker 1: About they want certain people involved on camera.
Speaker 2: Only no behind a camera doing the. Writing and is that? Possible do you? THINK i don't think, so Because i've we've talked about it and he doesn't want to do. It so, unfortunately because it's such a great.
Speaker 1: Idea who did you say doesn't want to do?
Speaker 2: It But Kevin. WILLIAMSON i think we would need at Least sony Unless sony has changed. Hands who's ron On? Sony? Now do you know it was a woman back when we pitched. It if somebody news in, there we should try it. Again actually, NO i believe it's.
Speaker 1: So But Kevin williamson created. It what does that? Mean but they have the rights to.
Speaker 2: It, Yeah sony has the rights to, it which is why we went, there, right you know we would we the.
Speaker 1: Cast what if the cast signed on and said the little ep, it they still won't do it Without Kevin.
Speaker 2: Williamson this isn't. FAIR i. Know it doesn't make any sense to, me especially with all the remakes and spin offs that are.
Speaker 1: HAPPENING i, mean like when we did the reboot of nine on two and. Zero we had to go in and LIKE Cbs productions had the rights to, it But Darren starr created, it we didn't HAVE i think it came aboard as, something but it wasn't contingent on.
Speaker 2: HIM i would really love to do, it and you, Know i'll tell you. Why it's because it would just be fun AND i would finally get to recreate that scenario In. Wilmington or you'll be able to go home, AGAIN i would.
Speaker 1: TAKE i, mean, yeah, well you're the master manifestor so you just you need to manifest this.
Speaker 2: Once twice before it do it. Again, YEAH i should put a little bit more thought into.
Speaker 1: IT i believe in, you Chur.
Speaker 2: Smith, well maybe maybe we'll pitch it again and see if.
Speaker 1: You have guest cast on it.
Speaker 2: Worse oh my, god, ABSOLUTELY i don't know.
Speaker 1: TO i just want you guys to get reed made. Nice where is your name come? FROM i know everyone's probably asked you, that But i'm actually very.
Speaker 2: Intrigued her is A scottish last. Name it's actually pronounced. CARE i understand that our clan is notorious for being late to, battle and it's my grandfather's maiden name On, no, sorry it's my grandmother's maid name on my dad's, Side so my father named, me wanted to name me after him.
Speaker 1: Her Both why is it pronounced her and not?
Speaker 2: CARE i just changed down the. Line at some point it changed or you changed. It the pronunciation In america. CHANGED i mean there is, uh there's A Kerr, street There's Kerr. GLASS i think they pronounced the class company like, ball like The Mason jars as a company. CALLED i think they pronounced It kerr, actually but down In wilmington they actually pronounced it car.
Speaker 1: Car, Wait, NO i think it is pronounced car in The.
Speaker 2: SOUTH i think that's how they pronounced. It, Anyway i'm A, kerr so it always annoyed. Me back In, wilmington there's an actual. INTERSECTION i don't think it's there anymore because it changed the name of the, streets but we Had. Kerr it's either boulevard or street or avenue that. Intersect this is Crazy Smith Creek, parkway AND i took a. PICTURE i got out of my car at the intersections of the major section. TOO i got out of A i managed to grab both the little signs that are above the intersection so it READ Kerr Smith Creek. Parkway BUT i can't be it was before, iPhone so that suckers. Lost.
Speaker 1: Gone, ooh that'd be worth a lot of money on. eBay damn it.
Speaker 2: Money and it's right by the stage. Too that's so.
Speaker 1: Crazy, yeah, well if anyone finds, it they, can let you, know slide into your. Dms you don't check them because you don't do Social.
Speaker 2: But how do YOU i, mean let me legitimately ask, you how do you check YOUR dm because you probably have one hundred thousand dms every? Day how does that work? Matter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well because see Now i'm gonna show You i'm not very savvy. Savvy i'm just playing the part. Here so if you go to YOUR, dms you have, primary you have, requests and you have. General for some, reason it filters. It so you're, Right like IF i don't follow someone and they don't follow me or something like, THAT i don't see all those like.
Speaker 2: Okay gotcha billionaire. Primaries, basically somehow it knows who you talk. TO i guess because it knows. Everything they really.
Speaker 1: Do they know. Everything that's what's really. Scary, Look i'm saying hi to.
Speaker 3: You right.
Speaker 1: Now wait hold, on, no, no is This?
Speaker 2: INSTAGRAM i guess it would have to be withn't. It, yeah no one Does facebook. Anymore you don't Do? Facebook, okay, wait.
Speaker 1: You have privacy On no one can slide into YOUR DMS i.
Speaker 2: DO i didn't even, know all, right how DO i turn that?
Speaker 1: Off oh, NO i just made that up to me. Too oh come, on just pumping. Up some people thought you were like hard to get to. O, hey hold, on.
Speaker 2: Oh SEE i got one from my. SISTER i got one From Mary mary. Humees oh my. God SEE i don't even. Know. Oh, primary there it, IS i see. It do you see?
Speaker 1: Me do you see?
Speaker 2: Me? Uh? WAIT i got a probably gotta go general Right oh there you are? All? Hi AM i in your? Primary now you good? PICTURE i got Accept, yeah there you, go move the primary.
Speaker 1: Seam just now.
Speaker 2: Seen hey. SPA i just thought of something really funny and terrifying me at the same. Time two thousand and, one two thousand and two something like. THAT i did a pilot called Silver leg for your. Dad how DO i don't remember that? ONE i want to tell you that auditioning or testing for your father and his executives in his office in front of that couch that holds thirty Five, well probably the most terrifying Things i've ever.
Speaker 1: Done it's, horrifying. RIGHT i felt so bad for.
Speaker 2: Actors oh my, God i'm, like you gotta be kidding. Me you walk in and it's JUST i think it was a pretty small coffee table considering the.
Speaker 1: Right, yes And.
Speaker 2: I'm standing there And i'm, gone i gotta. TALK i, mean it's like you down, there and you Down it's the biggest Couch i've ever seen in my. Life it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, yeah my mom had that meat for his.
Speaker 2: Office.
Speaker 1: Yep, anyway Fish, wait so Silver. Lake I'M i have a good memory AND i, remember oh my dad SHOWS i do not remember that.
Speaker 2: One, yeah it. DIDN'T i mean it was just a pilot, obviously but it was the premise, was IF i remember, RIGHT i could see dead. People. Oh for some.
Speaker 1: Reason, OH i thought it was like on the Nine Melware's place. Trend and you were going to say it was like a group of kids like In Silver.
Speaker 2: Lake, no it was me AND i had a friend and we were living In Silver. Lake so it had that you, know cool hippie. Vibe not, hippie but. Whatever Silver Lake vive Is. Hitsterir thank you and, yeah and IT i can for some reason to see dead. PEOPLE i forget the reason. Why it was kind of. COOL i liked.
Speaker 1: It this is in two thousand and, one said one.
Speaker 2: Two somewhere in. There, yeah, no, wait, no, sorry we have to be after that because we were still on the show three, Four so it's probably like two thousand and, three two thousand and four somewhere in. There.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay i'm gonna look this. Up i'm gonna find this. PILOT i mean it's you know that you speak.
Speaker 2: Of you know what? Network do you know what? NETWORK i THINK i think it was W. B i can't. Remember, okay that would make sense. Network what network was? It usually you guys know, what.
Speaker 1: We were A fox like back in the, day my dad was like OWNED abc basically he had every show. There but then it turned Into fox AND wb so.
Speaker 2: It was Probably fox and the.
Speaker 1: Hit the new. Networks you, know he was rolling with the.
Speaker 2: Times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well thank you for talking to me. Today i'm glad we finally.
Speaker 2: Met, yeah.
Speaker 1: Finally it's All what is the next con you're? Doing?
Speaker 2: Seattle it's a horror. Con it's the end Of. October i'm doing it With Jamie.
Speaker 3: King.
Speaker 2: OH i think it's her first. Con so we're gonna do a little My Bloody valentine up.
Speaker 1: There that'll be.
Speaker 2: Cool brace her for. It, yeah she's, yeah she's has no idea what to. EXPECT i would talk to, you but you know it is your first. One you're, like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Newbies. YEAH i remember When Heather graham did her first. One we were doing From scream two and she was, LIKE i have never done. One i'm, Like, okay don't.
Speaker 2: Worry it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Okay, well hopefully i'll see you at one of these cons and we'll get.
Speaker 2: Some yes we, Will, oh, perfect you, will and we'll hug like we've known each other our entire. Lives how about. That there we. Go i'm a.
Speaker 1: Hugger and then you'll take me. Clamming i'll take you. Clamming you and you your real, wife your baking, Wife i'll be your claiming.
Speaker 2: Wife will all go in your. Van so much. FUN i like a. Plan it's a.
Speaker 1: Plan, okay thank, You, curd nice. Story, okay, bye have a great day.
Speaker 2: Too. Bye