Speaker 1: It's podcast. Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arts, and today we're joined by Yanni, Brodie Randall, Anthony, Corey, Revis Seth and Brad Brooks from our Gollie Brad. How do you think you'll do it Meat Eater Trivia?
Speaker 2: Pretty poorly? Okay, pretty poorly or average? I'd say like poor to average, that's my guess.
Speaker 1: But ten questions about hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking. What would you say your strength is from those categories?
Speaker 2: Probably conservation okay, and weakness.
Speaker 3: Cooking well, I mean not in real life, I do.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what kind of questions you're gonna ask, Like if you talk about squirrel hunting, I don't know. If you want to talk about mule deer or elk, then yeah, there might.
Speaker 4: There might be a ten question.
Speaker 5: Did you know that this guy read pretty much every editorial article and like ten different hunting and fishing magazines from the sixties all the way up into the nineties or maybe even early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Yanni is pointing at Randal, saying he read all those.
Speaker 3: You mean the herd Bull rand Williams.
Speaker 6: Those articles I retained every word.
Speaker 1: Is that your nickname? Randall?
Speaker 7: Now the herd Bull, Well, we kind of have a thing officially.
Speaker 1: Yes, you call him the herd bull.
Speaker 2: I do call him the herd book and there's a story behind it, but I don't think it's appropriate for the show.
Speaker 7: You don't say I call him the herd bull too.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, there's a couple of alphas in the room.
Speaker 1: It was at one point, did you ever call each other the satellite bulls or the raghorns?
Speaker 3: There are only herd bulls in our herd.
Speaker 7: The satellite bulls know who they are.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what they say, if everyone's a herd bull, then no one's a herd bull.
Speaker 3: So I've never heard that say.
Speaker 1: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 7: But maybe they whisper that as we walk past.
Speaker 1: And look at those satellite bulls who think they're heard bulls. All right, This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the Conservation organization of the winner's choosing for the stat of the week. This week, we're looking at players who averaged the most points per game. At the top of the leader board. Do we have any guesses about who averages the most points per game? Brody, I don't know, Randall, says Brody with an eye roll. Brody, do you think it's to you?
Speaker 8: I'll say Randall.
Speaker 9: That way, we're covering both of both each other.
Speaker 1: At the top of the leader board is Randall with seven point zero that all time, all time. That's those are her bowl numbers there, seven point zero, four points fluttering. That's followed by Brody with six point eight, Steve with six point two to three, Yanni with six point zero eight, count with five, and Steve like.
Speaker 8: He doesn't even play anymore.
Speaker 10: I know, yeh.
Speaker 7: And it was easier when Steve played.
Speaker 1: Steve'start to schedule with. People will ask about it. I'm coming on trivia.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying his stats don't add up, like based on the number of times he's played.
Speaker 1: In fact, we've had to punt on the Meat Eater twenty twenty four Meat Eater Trivia Tournament until twenty twenty five We're going to record that in January because we couldn't get studio time with Steve, so busy man, busy busy man, and last week have seth with four point nine to two points per game. Randall's top of the leaderboard. Did you think your number is around seven?
Speaker 6: I figured it was around seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's a winning score right there, seven point zero four.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Oh, that's a good start to today.
Speaker 7: Although as we know, I like to crash, but.
Speaker 1: You kind of started with a crash. We had Randall as the guest on one Minute Fishing Today, where you have one minute to catch a fish from Meat Eater Radio Live and if you're successful, you get to make a five one hundred dollars conservation donation. Randall was the angler in his first cast. Tell them about it right, Well, I.
Speaker 7: Wait, a strong west northwest wind.
Speaker 9: Uh huh, and I can see where this is going.
Speaker 7: Caught my number four panther Martin about mid arc carried it into the tree.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: At that point I thought it was done, and I almost just set the fishing rod down because I was laughing, but I gave it one frustrated swing and popped right out, So you know it wasn't a total loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you don't even have to use your imagination. You can watch that on meat Eater's YouTube channel, meat Eater Radio Live, the eleven to fourteen episode.
Speaker 7: I will say I didn't have much confidence going into that given the track record of our pond back there, so I felt better about walking into the studio today to play trivia.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that, Seth, nobody's been successful in one minute fishing at the meat Eater pond.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't fish well in the fall. Yeah, never has, probably never will.
Speaker 3: There's only two fish in there.
Speaker 1: You guys keep catching them.
Speaker 4: I think all those fish move in into the creek.
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: When when the water.
Speaker 6: Give me that? He didn't give me that intel before my humiliation.
Speaker 9: It's also spawning season, so there's a good chance they're in some moving water.
Speaker 2: I thought you call on Seth.
Speaker 1: After the one minute after anyone can do that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the media dot Com with the subject line I.
Speaker 10: F a Q also known as what is it?
Speaker 1: Also known as a way.
Speaker 5: To for Spencer to PLoP in whatever interesting thing he thinks you should know about it.
Speaker 1: It is from Anthony Painter. This week, he says, I'd like to know what podcasts my favorite podcasters listened to. I bet Randall likes something boring, and Giannis likes something about working out, and Brody will say he doesn't have time for podcasts. Randall, what boring thing? Do you listen to?
Speaker 7: The Ryan Roscilla Show? Huh say that right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, Yanni? What what working I do?
Speaker 5: I do listen to Trail Runner Nation, but honestly, I listened to Mark Kanyan's bired hant a lot, and I listened to Jared van Hees's Habitat podcast a lot.
Speaker 1: And Brody, are you now going to tell us you don't have time for podcasts normally?
Speaker 9: No? But I do listen to quite a bit with my older son, and I like listening to Uh history that doesn't suck, that's great, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: And of course everything from the Medeater Network you listen to as well? Oh yeah, all of it, just like Phil Phil Besides all the meat theater podcasts, what do you listen to? I bet you got some some eclectic taste.
Speaker 11: Uh, yeah, I'm not embarrassed to say it. A couple of Dungeons and Dragons podcasts, podcast the Ride about theme parks, like a lot of Ringer shows too, like The Big Picture in the Watch big fan of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ringers got good stuff. I like when You're Barstool. They all got good podcasts. We have some housekeeping to get to. I made a bad error in episode six twenty four from a few weeks back. Our first question of that show is about which national park doesn't have bison. Your options were Rocky Mountain, bad Lands, Glacier, and Theodore Roosevelt. I said the correct answer was Rocky Mountain. But it turns out there were two correct answers because Glacier doesn't have bison either, at least not yet. In twenty twenty three, there were forty bison released on the Blackfeet Reservation. Thus far, they have stayed on tribal land, but according to the Glacier National Park Conservancy, there is hope that they'll spread into the northeast corner of Glacier in the coming years. Multiple agencies are in agreement that the goal is to have a bison herd that moves across reservation. National Park and international boundaries, but since the herd hasn't moved into glacier yet, that would also be an acceptable answer for that question. This correction does not change the outcome of the game, although it would give Alyssa, Nate, and Tresa an extra your point, So I got that one just flat out wrong. The Shelby Index for today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and win everything. How's that?
Speaker 6: Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 1: Demon Suckers Question one. The topic is biology, and as always, this will be multiple choice. According to the University of Washington, which of these animals sleeps the most? Is it fruit, bat cottontail, rabbit, mallard or donkey? This is via the University of Washington. Which of these animals sleeps the most? Fruit, bat cottontail, rabbit, mallard or donkey?
Speaker 7: Brad, There's a monitor behind you as well if you'd like to revisit the question or your possible answers.
Speaker 1: Fruit, bat cottontail, rabbit, mallard or donkey. Randall was the quickest to answer, how confident are you Randall not very okay, Brody, could you narrow it down to two if you had to?
Speaker 8: Man, not really, this is a good question.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it's a good question. If it's too hard, we'll see how the room does. I think it's a good question. It's a good question for like.
Speaker 8: Not appropriate.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know who wrote that. Brody has found some graffiti on his whiteboard that he deemed not appropriate, so we just put a line through them.
Speaker 7: When we were recording the New Mountain Man audiobook the other day, our director who's piping in remote, asked us who Brody is because he saw the suck at Brody's. We're on one of the mic booms.
Speaker 1: One last time. Which of these animals sleeps the most? Fruit bat, cottontail rabbit, Mallard or donkey. Does everyone have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Corey saying Mallard. Anthony says fruit bat, Randall says a bat, Reva says donkey, Brad says a bat Yiannis donkey, Brodie fruit bat.
Speaker 10: Someone's gonna get right.
Speaker 1: Nobody said cottontail rabbit. Oh, that's the correct answer is fruit.
Speaker 8: Bat at half.
Speaker 1: The boy got that one right. Fruit Bats sleep for twenty hours a day, which is eighty three percent of their life. Mallards sleep for about eleven hours, cottontails for eight hours, and donkeys for three hours. Bats need to sleep so much because they use so much energy while away from the roost.
Speaker 8: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Question two. The topic is hunting. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Ross Hottmeyer for sending this great question. Ross is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the Meat eater dot com. Hall of famer Chipper Jones started hosting the TV show Major League Bowhunter after finishing his nineteen year career with this baseball team.
Speaker 7: Phil, I want you to let you know that your drop made Brad smile a lot.
Speaker 6: Oh, he loved it.
Speaker 11: Oh the one for trivia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did like to drop.
Speaker 3: I've never heard it before and that's very impressed.
Speaker 11: Yes, four times, So it's nice to have some fresh Phil.
Speaker 1: We've had a few requests to change up the overtime drop now since we've had the current Steve Cursing version for a little bit. Uh, we've now seen how you can flex your musical muscles for the meat Eater radio program. Maybe there's something available for the med Eater overtime.
Speaker 11: Yeah, on it. If you guys have any ideas, let me know.
Speaker 1: You stew on it. Here's the question again. Question to the topic is hunting. Hall of Famer Chipper Jones started hosting the TV show Major League Bowhunter after finishing his nineteen year career with this baseball team.
Speaker 8: Baseball players like Hunton.
Speaker 1: They do. They're in the right sport for it, as long as they don't go to the World Series each year. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? We have seth saying Braves. Corey says, Atlanta Braves, Anthony Braves, Randall Braves, Riva Cubs. Brad says, a team that doesn't exist anymore. The Indians, says Braves. Brody says Brave back then the Braves, Yeah they weren't. They weren't the Guardians quite yet. The correct answer, though, is the Atlanta Braves. The room did very well. I'm impressed, And how well you guys did Johanni brought he was at a guess or did you just know who Chipper Jones played for?
Speaker 6: I knew?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean that's a lot of teams from just a.
Speaker 1: So you just knew it. Chipper was such a dedicated hunter that he went deer hunting before Game one of the nineteen ninety five World Series. He was a rookie that year and said he couldn't sleep that morning, so he headed to the woods to try to relax. The Braves won the World Series, and Chipper Jones went on to become one of the best switch hitters in baseball history. Question three. The topic is fishing. This next great question is via Justin Schmidtz. This r V brand shares its name with a Wisconsin lake that's famous for Lake sturgeon. This RV brand shares its name with a Wisconsin lake that's famous for lake surgeon. Brad Brody Randall.
Speaker 8: Brad wrote it down Wisconsin just got a nice one.
Speaker 1: Huh How would you know?
Speaker 3: Yah, unless you were looking at what I was.
Speaker 4: That was my spot.
Speaker 5: I was just noticing that your board was turned up to the whole.
Speaker 6: How do you know?
Speaker 3: How do you I don't know how to write it? Without you just go back, you hunch over. There's a.
Speaker 1: Janni would never cheat though we've we've got cameras all over this room. If you were to try to pull it off, someone would call you on it. So you got to play an honest game in here.
Speaker 3: Did you look at my board?
Speaker 8: Hasn't Max been caught that he was accused?
Speaker 1: But we had people who looked at the evidence and deemed that Max Max did not cheat. That's good, there was no.
Speaker 10: He just doesn't do his dishes.
Speaker 1: We also be true he's been exonerated on all Does everybody have an answer for the r V brand that shares its name with a Wisconsin lake. It's famous for Lake Surgeon. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Corey saying Winnebago. Anthony says Airstream, Randall, Winnebego, Reva Superior, Brad, Jannie and Brody saying Winnebego. They got it. The correct answer is Winnebego. Winnebego is a Native American term that roughly translates to murky water. The RV brand is named after Winnebego County, Iowa, which is home of the company and the Winnebago Tribe, Wisconsin's Lake Winnebago has one of the world's largest lake surgeons populations, where about nine percent of spears are successful each winter.
Speaker 4: If you want a good laugh, go on YouTube and watch Winnebago.
Speaker 1: I was just about to go there Winnebego man.
Speaker 6: Have you not seen this?
Speaker 1: I have not. Is he a caricature of people from Wisconsin?
Speaker 7: Its outtakes from a local television commercial and this man gets incredibly frustrated that he can't deliver the law finds properly. He's very foul mouth. It's profane, So don't watch ride your children. But if you want to watch an RV salesman just scream and slammers fish. Yeah, he just says a complete meltdown. Felt this win a beg man and there's a documentary about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: Quause of that question for the topic is cooking. Merriam Webster defines this seven letter condiment as quote a thick sauce of Indian origin that contains fruits, vinegar, sugar, and spices. Merriam Webster defines this seven letter condiment as a thick sauce of Indian origin that contains fruits, vinegar, sugar, and spices. Seth and Randall quick to answer. Okay, also, Phill, are we missing the TikTok noise right now?
Speaker 11: Thanks for reminding me. I was thinking about some of the podcasts I listened to. I'm on another planet.
Speaker 1: But do you want to share with us what those are?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me about this amusement park podcast.
Speaker 11: Oh, it's incredible podcast, The Ride, hosted by three comedy writers in la as ninety percent of podcasts are. But yeah, they just they dive into the minutia and they kind of when they run out of stuff to do, they look around for other weird, sort of a theme park adjacent things in media to talk about, just like us. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: I also want to shout out all the Smoke podcasts hosted by Steven Jackson and Matt Barnes that you want to get an insider's take on what's happening in the NBA right now. Phil also turned me into a podcast about chain restaurants, dough Boys.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's my favorite podcast. I don't know if you actually listened to it, rand I did, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh god again, we're on question four, which Seth Randol are confident? Do you have this one right? Corey Man? I think so, Okay, Brad, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: Hope?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but I have a confident answer.
Speaker 1: Okay. Seven letter condiment. That's a thick sauce of Indian origin that contains fruits, vinegar, sugar, and spices.
Speaker 11: So many video game podcasts.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep going, Phil, Brad. I saw one of your one of your Argali game bags walking around here this morning. Corinne was parading around a coyote fur that she has.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She she whipped it out right in Randall's face, and Randall was disgusted.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, you know, you can really carry anything in a game bag.
Speaker 1: And it didn't smell until she opened up the game bags.
Speaker 7: Well, it turns until she turned the fur inside out.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, like a prolapsed.
Speaker 7: You know. It was not a pleasant We got, we gotta, we gotta.
Speaker 1: That was the start of Phil's bad day. I think Phil said three or four times, Krin, can you take that out of here? Kriin, can you get that out of here? Krin?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: It was almost like she was ignoring me on Peru.
Speaker 1: And turned into me lighting a candle in here, which might be the first time in Meat Eater podcast studio.
Speaker 7: I was wondering why that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wanted to just a little bit warmer yea, does everyone have an answer for the thick sauce of Indian origin that contains fruits, vinegar, sugar and spicy Yes, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying ketchup. Corey says cutney or chutney. Anthony without an answer. Randall says chutney, Reva chutney. Brad can ketch up, Yannis ketchup. Brody crossed, He wrote down ketchup. The correct answer is chutney. About half of the room got that one right, Donald, But.
Speaker 10: I think that ketchup might also be correct.
Speaker 1: A definition of a thick sauce of Indian origin that contains fruits, vinegar, sugar and spices. If Merriam Webster has that exact same definition, I will give it to you. But I don't think that's going to be the case.
Speaker 3: Our tomatoes a fruit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so again I told you that it has to be defined as what Merriam Webster had. Now, chutney can be served as a dipping sauce for non as a condiment for curry, or as a spread for toast. For a great chutney recipe, watch Steve's video on the medeater dot com called Seared duck breast with Apple sage chutney.
Speaker 7: There is some chutney in this uh this here clamshell container.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll point.
Speaker 1: Out Randall was eating some What would you have there, Randall? Uh?
Speaker 6: I think it was lamb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lamb curry. Exactly what you want in a podcast studio. That's about the size.
Speaker 6: Again. This is also attribute to hold to Karin.
Speaker 11: Yeah, much more.
Speaker 1: Advertising Question five, the topic is woodsmanship. This is an audio question. Phil is going to play you twenty seconds of an animal vocalization. You need to tell me what animal is making that sound.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, sorry, guys, you might have to do some headphones swapping.
Speaker 1: Once. Once Seth puts on the headphones, we're gonna hear this animal vocalization. You need to tell me what animal is making that sound. How about Yanni?
Speaker 11: You can stretch it. You can stretch it, just he has to wear them for twenty seconds here, all.
Speaker 1: Right, take it away, Phil, Heard need to tell me what that animal is that's making that sound. This is question five. We will get a scoreboard update from Phil the engineer after this film. Maybe you could play it one more time. I think our players are going to need this twenty seconds to come up with their answer. Sure, Seth, the only player to have an answer so far. Brand has now joined him.
Speaker 7: How specific do we need to be here?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 10: If I say lab, do you need black?
Speaker 1: Should put black lab for that?
Speaker 6: That is right?
Speaker 8: Lay it again, Phil, one more time might help.
Speaker 11: Do you want to do a different one? Spencer? Just that one?
Speaker 1: Let's keep it at that one. Let's just do that one.
Speaker 4: What do you mean a different one?
Speaker 1: Nothing? He h, Seth, the only player with an answer so far.
Speaker 4: Could be could be wrong? Spencer?
Speaker 1: Does that sound unfamiliar? Has everyone heard this before? Okay? Oh yeah, everyone's in agreement, but it's not helping them find what animal is making that noise. If you like trying to figure out what animal vocalizations sound like, you can check out the Meat Eater Kids podcast that starts up here again in a few weeks, right Phil, what's the first day that that drops again?
Speaker 11: The twenty fifth, So I think it's out now.
Speaker 1: November twenty fifth, coming out very soon If it's not out now, it will be out soon. We have a segment in there called Guess that Critter, which is similar to this question. Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying blue jay, Corey says stellar's jay, which is also blue. Anthony says red tailed hawk, Randall says woodpecker. Reva says a bird, Brad says ground squirrel. Be honest, blue jay, Brody says megpie. We have a correct answer in the room. It's a blue jay. Yanni and Seth got that one right. Corey so close this this came from the All about Birds website. Well now, blue jays use that gear call to assemble other jays worn of predators and keep track of each other. They are also masterful at mimicking other birds, such as hawks, eagles, and owls. They'll do this to signal that a bird of prey is in the area, or to scare off other songbirds to keep them away from food. Phil we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 11: Everyone's on the board, but no one has a perfect game. Riva has one point, Brad and Anthony have two. Seth, Corey, Jannis and Brody all have three points apiece and in first place mister seven point oh something Randa Williams, He's got four.
Speaker 6: Nicely done.
Speaker 3: For you, buddy.
Speaker 6: Please, I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Woodpecker Randall, I mean, birds are not my forte.
Speaker 6: I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Question six, the topic is mountain men and the next great question is via Yah Yang.
Speaker 4: Oh we know him.
Speaker 1: Nazi Hunter. Although the Apache rain claims to be a descendant of Jim Bridger in this two thousand and nine movie, Nazi Hunter. Although the Apache rain claims to be a descendant of Jim Bridger in this two thousand and nine movie, Randal the only player Brody now as well. Randall and Brody have an answer. Yanni is joining them. Yanni, do you have this one? Right to see the movie? Yanni?
Speaker 4: I just have a good guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess. Brad said he can see the movie, see.
Speaker 3: The characters in the movie. I can actually see the scenes of the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm just the title Nazi Hunter, although the Apache rain claims to be a descendant of Jim Bridger in this two thousand and nine movie, Oh, Johnny, who kind of liked his answer before is going back to the whiteboard. Brody, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: Randall?
Speaker 1: Do you have this one?
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 8: Only theater the day it opened.
Speaker 1: We are learning about Brody that he he has a lot of cinema knowledge. It appears, doesn't have time for podcasts, but he knows his movies. Janni, how do you feel about your answer?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 10: Even better than even.
Speaker 1: Corey? Do you have this right?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Top three favorite movies?
Speaker 1: Wow? And it took you that long to come up with an answer? Yep, Okay. Half the players have an answer that they really like. The other half the players not put anything on their whiteboard. Seth Anthony Reva, Brad are you going to come up with answers?
Speaker 11: I have something I don't know if I am.
Speaker 4: I know the movie. I just don't know the movie.
Speaker 2: I can literally recite to you some of the language from the movie, some of the dialogue from the movie.
Speaker 1: Although the Apache Rain claims to be a descendant of Jim Bridger, this two thousand and nine movie.
Speaker 4: The director I was graduating high school.
Speaker 1: Brody, did you like this movie?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's excellent, excellent movie.
Speaker 6: Fantastic movie.
Speaker 1: Brody, my god, it's everybody ready for it, Go ahead and reveal your answers. I have seth without an answer. Corey says inglorious bastards. Anthony says Braveheart, random inglorious bastards, Riva, inglorious bass Brad without an answer. Yanni crossed out Revenant put down inglorious bastards. Brody the same answer. The correct answer is inglorious bastards. The room did pretty well, Lieutenant. Although Rain gets his nickname the Apache due to his trademark scalping of Germans he defeats. He's a coal miner and bootlegger from the Great Smoky Mountains where he fought against the KKK. When introducing himself to his soldiers, he says he has some Native American in him and is quote the direct descendant of the mountain Men. Jim Bridger. Question seven, The topic is fishing. This next great question is via Michael Stednisky. This company with an illiterative name invented an ice fishing device that sets the hook for you, which was banned in Minnesota. This company with an illiterative name invented an ice fishing device that sets the hook for you, which was banned in Minnesota. Would Johanni Brody Seth. They all like their answers. Corey, do you know this one?
Speaker 10: I believe so.
Speaker 5: I believe I know the family that came up with this product.
Speaker 10: We hunted with him. He was a guest on the Meat Eater.
Speaker 8: He should not be given out time.
Speaker 5: We didn't discuss We didn't discuss this on that show.
Speaker 1: Well, I talk about the inventor in the flavor text, so we can you can confirm then if that's who you're thinking of.
Speaker 11: One thing I've noticed about your fishing equipment question, Spencer is I'd say most of the time they have an alliterative.
Speaker 1: The fishing industry likes to do that. It would it would be very beneficial to you if you don't know what alliteration is, to learn it from Meat Eat or Trivia, because I use that hint often. This company with an alliterative name invented in ice fishing device.
Speaker 4: I just had a picture of a giant come through.
Speaker 1: I've been getting Moultary notifications as well. South Trail and Rubline each got photos while we're sitting here.
Speaker 4: It is no better disciplined to uh not look you know what.
Speaker 5: I I don't know how you guys do the notifications thing. I think that show is a real age. No, we just I just don't have ten million trail cameras out like you do. Yours would just be like NonStop all day. I get like two a day.
Speaker 1: You got them set? Yeah? I just shaking, isn't it all?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Then? An answer for the company with an alliterative name that invented an ice fishing device that sets the hook for you, which was banned in Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Brody, do you have any notifications set on your phone other than texts?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 8: Actually that's not true.
Speaker 9: I got some like headline news stuff on that.
Speaker 10: Brad, how about you?
Speaker 4: You you're not I have text trail cameras and when the uh northern lights are going to be visible.
Speaker 6: It's forty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got no. I don't do any notifications other than text messages. It's too otherwise my phone will be going off all the dayn time.
Speaker 1: It's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set and Corey saying jaw jacker. Anthony says no idea, Randalls says tip top Rebo without an answer, Brad says Yanni and say jaw jacker. They got it. The correct answer is jaw jack.
Speaker 10: Damn it entire game here, folks.
Speaker 1: Or Matt Duncan of Idaho invented the jaw jacker in two thousand and seven. Matt Dungan that was that the guy. Matt Dungan of Idaho invented the jaw jacker in two thousand and seven. He said the idea was inspired by the trigger mechanisms on the possum traps that he used growing up in Tennessee. Minnesota is one of the only places where auto hook setters are illegal, but in a twenty twenty three Facebook comment from the dm ARE, they said they were revisiting that law so ice anglers. They are optimistic that they can use the jawjackers.
Speaker 7: Soon and there's no status update on that.
Speaker 1: They they said in twenty twenty three that they said it probably wouldn't be ready for that ice season, and as of twenty twenty four were probably coming up on ice season right now within a few days. It is still not legal.
Speaker 6: I misheard you. I thought you just said twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Questions Question eight. The topic is cooking. Rock Star chef Guy Fieri is an elected government official of what municipality.
Speaker 8: What's the category cooking?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Answer?
Speaker 1: Rock star chef. Guy is an elected government official. This is a stretch of what municipality? And Randall is the only player it was confident. Brad said he's got a wild guess. No other players have an answer.
Speaker 11: I deleted Twitter off my phone and replaced it with a virtual Pokemon card game. So I get it. I get a notification every time I can open a booster pack.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, I've never been happier. We'll get some more app and podcast check ins with you.
Speaker 7: I thought you were going to say you deleted Twitter and added a Guy Fieri app.
Speaker 1: I thought so too. I thought Guy Fieri fit into this somewhere. Rock Star chef Guy Fieri is an elected official, elected government official of what? Why is he a rock star chef? Have you ever seen the guy?
Speaker 8: But he's not a rock star.
Speaker 1: There are articles that identify him as a rock star chef. He's a bad boy bro a chef who like has a look and sits courtside at Lakers games. Uh, you're a rock star chef. You have an answer?
Speaker 5: Yannis, Right, I do have an answer, and I'm feeling better about it after.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he hunts. But I've seen him talk about Venison and he does like Venison City.
Speaker 6: And I believe he's like a good guy.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, Yeah, I think he's like a I think he's a solid character.
Speaker 1: I'd like that to be true. Rock star chef Guy Fieri is an elected government official of what unicipality?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Corey saying Los Angeles. Anthony says city of Columbus, Randall says Flavortown. Reva says f d A brad Atlantic City, Yanni l A Brody l A. The correct answer is Flavortown.
Speaker 6: Is the mayor of Flavortown.
Speaker 3: That one right, give me break.
Speaker 9: That's a huge to be the mayor of flavor Town.
Speaker 1: A catch phrase that has birth merch recipes and even a restaurant called Flavortown Kitchen. The slogan came from an episode of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives where Guy is looking at a pizza and compliments it by saying, quote that looks like a manhole cover in Flavortown.
Speaker 3: Real place.
Speaker 8: Municipality.
Speaker 4: His question.
Speaker 7: From the start, ice fishing is better than Guy Fierry.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's not elected. It's not a municipal.
Speaker 1: You know anything about clever.
Speaker 6: It's a clever question dropped.
Speaker 8: To with wild game cooking. Nothing.
Speaker 10: The first word doesn't count as a municipality.
Speaker 1: If you go to his Instagram account, it says mayor of Flavortown. Let's he's come to Bozeman. That's right, He's went to storm Castle.
Speaker 8: You all you want? It's it doesn't belong all.
Speaker 7: I had a bit of flavor text when I caught COVID at shot show and I had to quarantine at the Link Hotel for seven days. Yep, this is right after the CDC changed the recommended quarantine time.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Guy Fieri's restaurant, Guy Fiery's Great American Bar and Grill is in the Linco and so I had a chance to eat a lot of his food, and let me tell you, it's very nice.
Speaker 5: The municipality is a political unit with a defined territory, corporate status, and usually some powers of autonomous government.
Speaker 6: It's obviously kind of.
Speaker 4: Like the definition of chuttney and ketchup.
Speaker 1: That's right, not access on. Some of the laws in flavor Town include that you have to salt pasta water. You always use extra bacon sauce with authority. Phil give us all a point.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty close to walking out here too.
Speaker 7: We have two question three questions.
Speaker 1: Fil What were your thoughts on that question?
Speaker 11: Tickles me that Randall's the only one who got it right. But your Spencer, I have to say, for the first time in media to trivia history, Uh, this is a sham.
Speaker 8: Cooking sham, total sham.
Speaker 1: He's he claims to be the mayor flavor to.
Speaker 8: One of your greatest supporters.
Speaker 6: Disagree.
Speaker 7: He's one of our top figures in American culinary culture right now.
Speaker 10: We're not arguing that.
Speaker 7: And his nickname is the Mayor of Flavortown.
Speaker 8: Official.
Speaker 6: Have we never had a question here.
Speaker 7: Where you need to read between the lines because there's some clue in it that we.
Speaker 1: Have two questions left? Give us a scoreboard update. Yeah, that's the problem right.
Speaker 4: There here we are.
Speaker 11: You know that we did have a four way time that Randall just broke on through with that last question. But unfortunately Reva, Brad and Anthony are no longer in the running. But Yiannis brody STEP's got four points. He's still in the game. Cory Giannis and Brody have five and now doctor Randall has six points.
Speaker 1: Right here on foodnetwork dot com, there is a text from Guy Feir what if?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 6: The question what if?
Speaker 7: The question was what animal is the king of the junk?
Speaker 8: You guys can sit here and just like.
Speaker 7: There's no actual crown on that animal.
Speaker 8: It's a horrible question.
Speaker 1: What his nickname?
Speaker 6: And then you said the no, this is that's clever.
Speaker 1: Question nine. The topic is hunting. You guys are really not gonna like this one. This pharaoh was buried with a statue and that depicts himself hunting hippos with a harpoon. The topic is hunting. This pharaoh was buried with a statue that depicts himself hunting hippos.
Speaker 7: I only know full of farrohs, you guys.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna check out this Texas Venison chili recipe from Guy Fieri later on.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear about it.
Speaker 8: Maybe you can win the Chili cook Off with it, Spencer.
Speaker 1: It won it last year, So we're going to run back the same recipe. What's that the one?
Speaker 4: This one that I brought to the Chili cook Off?
Speaker 10: What place did you get?
Speaker 4: Didn't place?
Speaker 7: I actually read an article recently about someone who just bought a chili and brought it to a chili cookoff and won, and it was like the article was just kind of a joke, but it inspired me.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what Spencer did last year to win his Did you do you know about the recipe that he used?
Speaker 10: No, it has baked beans out of a can in it.
Speaker 1: What a sham Yanni thinks. Why does that bother you so much?
Speaker 12: Because it's like you didn't make it, You know, the tomato that didn't make either. But there's like I didn't make chili peppers, it's the wrong ingredient I didn't make.
Speaker 1: Uh, most I didn't make the corn.
Speaker 4: Can in there.
Speaker 10: Baked beans specific.
Speaker 1: What if somebody put beer or barbecue sauce in there chili? Would that bother you?
Speaker 6: Hot sauce?
Speaker 5: M I see your point, but I still think that baked beans.
Speaker 8: Well, that's how guy theory cooks.
Speaker 5: If you're trying with the guy fiery analogies, but I don't think you're gonna come up with one.
Speaker 10: The King of the Jungle wasn't even close.
Speaker 6: In what way Because we're.
Speaker 5: Not electing anything of any municipality in your comparison again.
Speaker 1: We're on question nine. This pharaoh was buried with a statue depicts himself hunting hippos with a harpoon.
Speaker 7: You guys just took it too literally because there were important words in there.
Speaker 13: Like every other question. Yeah, not a stupid thing to do. Municipality and your let's keep moving along. The word municipality.
Speaker 7: Tricked you into thinking that you needed a serious answer.
Speaker 11: Spencer, We have a candle burning for every episode of trivia.
Speaker 1: You think that's enjoying.
Speaker 8: Okay, you could even put some do some mood lighting fill, you.
Speaker 1: Know, turn it down a little bit.
Speaker 11: We still do that. I just didn't want to look too much like RadioLIVE, which we just wrapped up.
Speaker 1: But you know, I does everyone have an answer? Who was buried with a statue that depicts himself hunting hippos with a harpoon. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth without an answer. Corey says King tut, Anthony says Guy Fieri, Randall says King tut Revo without an answer. Brad says that one Egyptian pharaoh, Yannis says, what's that say? Johnny Brody says King tut the correct answer is King Tut. About half of the room got that one right. Became King Tut question Oh yeah, he found it in like the nineteen twenties history question. Tut became King Tut at age nine and died at age nineteen. Based on the artifacts in his tomb, he was a fanatical hunter. Besides the hippo hunting statue, he was buried with hunting daggers, a hunting chariot, throwing sticks for hunting birds, a fan that shows him hunting ostriches, in a box that shows him hunting gazelle. Before question ten, here is a correct answer review so far. One was fruit bat two Atlanta Braves three, Winnebago four, Chutney five, Blue Jay six, Inglorious Bastards seven, jaw Jacker eight, Flavortown nine, King Tut. Phil give us a final scoreboard update.
Speaker 11: M here, we are sorry for that delay.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 11: It's coming down to Cory, Brody and Randall. Cory and Brody have six points, Randall has seven.
Speaker 1: Question ten, the topic is conservation. Dry Tortuga's National Park is located off the coast of what state coasy too easy. The questions are too hard and they're too easy. Dry Tortuga's National Park is located off the coast of what state? Randall? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I believe so.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to secure the victory. M Yeah, yeah, you'd like to go to dry Tortuga's National Park is located off the coast of what state? Seth, You're gonna come up with an answer.
Speaker 4: You've been there the state.
Speaker 6: Boy.
Speaker 7: Now I'm second guessing my answer because I know where Seth's been.
Speaker 11: No, Flavortown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's everybody ready. Besides Seth, Seth is writing down his answer. Dry Tortuga's National Park located off the coast. What's that state?
Speaker 6: I'll reveal it in one second.
Speaker 1: If you want to help these guys out who are so angry about Flavortown, you could throw this question and go to overtime.
Speaker 3: I might.
Speaker 6: I just went with the first thing that came to mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, Seth, are you ready?
Speaker 4: You know it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Your answers we have Seth without an answer. Corey says Florida, Anthony Oregon, Randall says Florida, Riva Alaska, Brad Hawaii, Brody and Yanni say Florida. The correct answer is Florida, making Randal our winner with eight correct answer bring that average up dry toward twoz. Is sixty five thousand acres of the least disturbed coral reefs in the Florida Keys. It's known for its abundance of sea life, tropical birds, and shipwrecks. The only way to get there is via a seventy mile journey by boat or seaplane. Despite being so hard to reach, the park gets about sixty thousand visitors each year. Randall, as the winner, you get to choose for a five hundred dollars donation from meat Eater goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 7: I'd like to give it to the TRFCP, just doing all around good work for hunters and anglers, and I failed them earlier in my embarrassing attempt to catch a fish in one minute, so I'd like to make good on that.
Speaker 1: Yep, they can thank Randa and Guy Fieri and Flavor toown for that five hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: Good job, rand Join us next week job.
Speaker 1: Game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 6: I'm tickled that Guy Fieri won it.
Speaker 14: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota, he's the host using those smooth mellow tones, he lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. And he's an avid amateur lockhouse