Speaker 1: Let me get to Washington, where President Donald Trump is threatening new sanctions on Russia in the coming days as he vents frustration at Russian President Vladimir Putin after Putin launched a new missile and drone attack on Ukraine over the weekend that left many dead. Here's what President Trump had to say about Putin yesterday when asked about the latest assault on Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Take a listener.
Speaker 3: I'm not happy with what Putin's doing. He's killing a lot of people. And I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, always gotten along with him. But he's sending rockets into cities and killing people, and I don't like it at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, And here's what Trump posted today about Vladimir Putin on Truth Social, his social media outlet.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: What Vladimir Putin doesn't realize is that if it weren't for me, lots of really bad things would have already happened to Russia.
Speaker 2: And I mean really bad. He's playing with fire. End quote.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Democratic Republican lawmakers of lobbying Trump to significantly ratchet up you as sanctions after the week in attacks. However, Trump has said privately he is concerned that new sanctions could push Russia away from peace talks.
Speaker 2: End quote. First of all, let's call us what it is.
Speaker 1: That's an utterly ridiculous statement by President of the United States. You're concerned about antagonizing Vladimir Putin and him becoming a bit more volatile. What are you talking about? What else does he have to do? What else does he have to do? Ladies and gentlemen, let's I'm not a historian, and I'm not asking you to look at me as an historian, but can we be honest and forthcoming about what has been transpiring.
Speaker 2: Over the last couple of decades or so at the very least.
Speaker 1: You gotta remember since the dissolution of Russia of the old Soviet Union rather in nineteen ninety one, after Reagan told Gorbachev tear down that wall and all of this other stuff, member the Soviet Union has never been what it once was, and that pained very very few people on the planet, more so van Vladimir Putin. It's been his mission for the rest of his life since that period of time to reclaim territory in land that he.
Speaker 2: Believes belongs to the Soviet Union.
Speaker 1: I mean, I read some of these articles around here just from an historical perspective about the kind of stuff this man is fixated on, and it gets pretty damn scary. I mean, if you remember, remember when Bill o'releigh told me to look up the Yolta Conference and he talked about Harry Truman. He talked about the United States, and you talk about Winston Churchill and Great Britain, and he talked about Stalin, Joseph Stalin and Russia. How ultimately they were supposed to agree upon some things in the aftermath of World War Two, and that Stalin essentially renegged and ignored it. They thought that it was going to be about democracy. They thought that it was going to be about the three of them coming together and positioning themselves to police the world in a relatively democratic fashion.
Speaker 2: But Stalin wasn't.
Speaker 1: Going for it, because he had his eyes set and his heart fixated, and it's so fixated on the Soviet Union, on Russian dominance, not just in their parts but throughout Europe. Well, we fast forward all of these years later, what does it look like with Putin right now? Except in Stalin one could argue it was greed in the case of Putin, he has the mentality this is stuff that belongs to us, just like when we took over Crimea in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: We believe that's ours.
Speaker 1: Ukraine is ours, Poland is ours, Finland is ours, fourteen other different countries ours. We believe that belongs to us. And we're coming back to reclaiming everything that he's doing. Said, so we don't have to worry about his words. We're looking at his actions. We're looking at his actions. And oh, by the way, it doesn't help when we see our president in the old office in the White House, with Ukrainian President Zalinski acting like this.
Speaker 2: Don't remember this. Check this out.
Speaker 1: During the war, everybody has problems, even you, But you have nice ocean and don't feel now, but you will feel it in the fusion.
Speaker 2: God bless you, God blessed, You're blessed.
Speaker 3: You don't tell us what we're gonna feel. We're trying to solve a problem. Don't tell us what we're gonna feel. I'm not telling you because you're in no position to dictate that. Remember this, you're in no position to dictate what we're gonna feel. We're gonna feel.
Speaker 2: Very good, feel influenced.
Speaker 3: We're gonna feel very good and very strong, will feel influenced. You're right now not in a very good position. You've allowed you to be in a very bad position.
Speaker 2: From the very beginning of the war. Not in a good position.
Speaker 3: You don't have the cards right now with us. You start having right now, you're gambling with millions of people. See you're gambling with World War three. You're gambling with World War three.
Speaker 2: You see how we got distracted.
Speaker 1: We got distracted with the rhetoric that Trump was spewing, the fact that here was a president of a nation at war, and we were focused on the fact that he didn't say thank you enough, the fact that he was dressed in military garble, in an outfit as opposed to Remember when you saw GOP politicians talking about how did this man show up in the Oval office and not even have one a suit and a tie?
Speaker 2: Remember that while his country was being bombed. Remember that?
Speaker 1: And then we're talking about Trump and we're saying, oh, my goodness, the respect or the lack thereof, did you have to have this man on national TV embarrassing him like that? Brought up in the wrong kind of stuff where our focus needs.
Speaker 2: To be is on Poland.
Speaker 1: I'm reading from some articles here, Russia's territory is greatly diminished from the time when Moscow controlled one sixth of the planet's surface, including Finland, Poland, and fourteen of the currently independent countries.
Speaker 2: This is based on an article to the Wall Street Journal, just from a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years ago, June of twenty twenty two, to be exact. Are we not paying attention? Do we not see what's going on here? The man's not playing fourteen independent countries, press Poland, Press Finland.
Speaker 2: Okay, Estonia, throw them in there.
Speaker 1: Montenegro who Trump lamented, should American soldiers be dying over something?
Speaker 2: Over fights in Montenegro?
Speaker 1: That's what he said in twenty eighteen, if I remember correctly, this is what the former president of forty fifth resident who's not a forty seventh president said at that particular moment in time.
Speaker 2: And we're focused on.
Speaker 1: What exactly words, verbiage, tweets, how somebody's dressed, whether or not they said thank you enough and showed enough gratitude. We're talking about trying to prevent World War three, and why am I concerned about it to that deep of a level, because we keep lamenting the state, or we keep saying that Russia's lamenting the state of its armed forces, the state.
Speaker 2: Of its military.
Speaker 1: And yet when Trump opens his mouth and he says there's a hefty price.
Speaker 2: That they could play, they could pay. What happens. Putin goes out.
Speaker 1: There and drops a bunch of bombs and a bunch of drones on them, more so than he has in the last couple of years. And then Trump says, I don't know what's wrong with him. He seems to have gone crazy. I don't know what's going like, you're surprised. But that's not what lindsay grahmm and those guys are saying. A matter of fact, reading from an article in a Wall Street Journal just a couple of days ago. I'm here reading, and I'll read your graph here. Good news is that US Saiate still has some genuine realists when it comes to Russia, as Gop Saidator Lindsey Graham writes in a letter nearby, he has eighty two co sponsors on a bill that would hit countries that buy Russian oil and gas with tariff sanctions. Energy sales of mister Puttan's financial lifeline President Biden refused to apply these so called secondary sanctions, and mister Trump can't make up his mind what the hell is going on? So we got one hundred senators, we got a vast majority of folks in the House that believe that Russia is the legitimate threat that we've all perceived them as being all of our lives.
Speaker 2: But somehow, some way Trump thinks differently. Why why for what?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I'm not here just to point to figure at Donald Trump, Like they said, President Biden at the time could have done something about all of this, but he refused to apply these soul called secondary sections.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: See, this is why relationships with other nations or with specific dignitaries.
Speaker 2: Should have a proverbial eyebrows raised because it smells what's up with Trump? And potent? Why are you not dealing with this man?
Speaker 1: Why are you letting him do this to Ukraine knowing that it has most.
Speaker 2: Of Europe scared shitless? Because you see, if you are.
Speaker 1: Do you u noted, say of America, and you decide not to provide Kiev with happy weapons that could deter Russia's advancement, Where does that leave us?
Speaker 2: These are legitimate questions.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you what the most sickening part about this is. And by the way, don't listen. I'm not trying to point the figure. Just that Trump two thousand and eight, Russia invaged Georgia. They weren't sanctioned in any serious way at the time, and I was followed by President of Barack Obama's attempt at a reset with Moscow in twenty fourteen. Intervention in don Bass, Ukraine and annexation of Crimea during the Obama's second term.
Speaker 2: Prompted only half hearted sanctions.
Speaker 1: Reading from that same article Wall Street Journal, Until last February, Germany had pushed the nord Stream eighth of the nord Stream two pipeline project that would have allowed to Russia's gas exports.
Speaker 2: To bypass Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Up until April, the US and its allies refused to provide Keeve with the heavy weapons that could have deterred this year's war.
Speaker 2: Where does that leave us?
Speaker 1: Because I'm seeing a lot of people scared because they know that Putin's not playing. And if Putin gets a little bit, he's gonna keep going. He's gonna keep going, and he's gonna keep going and I'm gonna tell you what should scare us as American citizens?
Speaker 2: Who are we to believe?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know if y'all heard about that book that's come out, Okay, original Sin Jake Tapper from CNN and Alex Thompson and its original Sin, and it's basically highlighting and detailing Biden's deterioration.
Speaker 2: For lack of a better word, we saw it, we spoke on it.
Speaker 1: I was felified for it a year before the debate last June twenty seventh, when Biden went on stage against Donald Trump. I called it out a year before for that, as in two years ago. Yo, he's not gonna get to the Democratic National Convention. He does not need to be the Democratic nominee. And I was excoriated. I was raised through the coldest Who the hell are you?
Speaker 2: What do you know?
Speaker 1: Your novice? Shut the hell up? Stick to sports all of this stuff. I had two eyes, I could say. And if there's one thing I'm pretty good at, its witnessing a deterioration.
Speaker 2: Taking place before my very eyds because I do it with athletes all the time.
Speaker 1: So if I can see it in that, I'm damnu, you're gonna be able to see it in an eighty year old president that Democrats was in the state capitol chanting four more years four.
Speaker 2: That happened?
Speaker 1: And why do I bring that up? And what's the relevancy to all of that. I'll tell you what the relevancy is. I wouldn't feel so vexed, I wouldn't feel so insecure, I wouldn't feel so nervous if I thought we had a government that was commit to do on what's right, instead of supporting somebody for their own purposes or going against them for their own individual purposes, as opposed to be an objective and neutral enough to just give us the information.
Speaker 2: Original sin.
Speaker 1: Supposedly, it is highlighting how the information that was needed to be given wasn't given, That there was a concerted effort by members of the White House and beyond to hide the debilitating circumstances surrounding then President Joe Biden. Now I could speak on it myself, because obviously it's an egregious thing that transpired, and I think there's a whole bunch of people that should be a shade of themselves.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to talk to Jake Tappler.
Speaker 1: Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson because I want to know personally. I want to know personally what role Jake Tapper played and not reporting on certain information. I told you I watched it. If the interview with Megan Kelly from start to finish, ladies and gentlemen, she was sensational.
Speaker 2: She did a hell of a job. My point to you is that we saw it. How did Jake Tapper not see it?
Speaker 1: And as he continues to speak about all of this, where's his miacoppa? Because I don't see it. I haven't seen it yet. I'm gonna be real interested in asking him about that when he comes on this show.
Speaker 2: The hatred for Trump was so deep.
Speaker 1: That folks didn't want to report on his competition in any kind of negative way, then if the hatred for Trump was so deep that you were willing to compromise your own professional integrity, whether you're a journalist, whether you're a pundit or commentator, a politician, etc. I mean, damn, who are we to believe now? But don't just take my word for it. Take Chris Clomo's words for it. Listen to what he had to say on his show News Nation.
Speaker 4: Check it out when it comes to Biden. You know how I feel you didn't see and hear his obvious diminished capacity what we mentioned here at News Nation all the time. This is a shocker. And now the narrative gets a nudge from a book that is about deception and a cover up. They want you to believe the media was deceived into thinking Biden had no issues.
Speaker 2: Don't count me in on that.
Speaker 4: I knew, okay, and it was no secret because.
Speaker 2: You knew too.
Speaker 4: The book is titled Original Sin, claiming to detail how Biden's.
Speaker 2: Staffers made efforts to hide.
Speaker 4: His decline from the public and the media. The cover has Biden with his hands over his eyes, and it could just as easily be a picture of the writers of this book who.
Speaker 2: Are pretending they didn't see and hear what everybody else did. And look, I do believe the book is a cover for something, and it's a cover.
Speaker 4: For something that's much more serious to me than Biden's age and stage. Everwhere the reality that many in the media knew damn well that Biden was losing it, but they played it down because they wanted Trump to lose more.
Speaker 2: The Original Sin.
Speaker 4: Is not hiding Biden's age and stage, but hiding this preference.
Speaker 2: Amen?
Speaker 1: Amen, Chris Clomo is absolutely right. But you know what the bigger problem is. It makes Trump look right because that hatred for him, that led people to compromise their own professional principles just to.
Speaker 2: Ensure that he didn't win the presidency.
Speaker 1: Well, if you were willing to do that, then all of a sudden, does it not buffer him his arguments about law fair being exercised against him? Does it not buffer his arguments about fake news, fake news, fake news? Does it not buffer the credibility that comes to his arguments that it was a witch hunt? Does it not in some way buffer the notion that somebody might have cheated him in twenty twenty. I don't believe that last part. He lost that damn election, And I get that. I'm talking about him genuinely feeling cheated as opposed to knowing he's lying because, oh my god, the numbers say so, why should he give a damn the rest of us? Yes, why should he give a damn about the numbers? You see what hatred can do, See what an absence of objectivity can do. You see how the corrupt actions of a few, whether it's him and a polpourri of his lives over the years, or Democrats and the lives that they were spewing leading.
Speaker 2: Up to the election.
Speaker 1: You see how we all got screwed because now the American people are sitting here not knowing what to believe or who to believe anymore. And then you wonder why I'm pissed. In my perfect.
Speaker 2: World, all I want.
Speaker 1: Is somebody in that office and on Capitol Hill, whether it's a senator or a representative, who is free from influence, whether it be that of monetary value or emotional you're just committed to doing the job in the best.
Speaker 2: Interest of the so people can walk the streets.
Speaker 1: Of America every single day going to work, coming to and front work, socializing with friends, families and loved ones, living their best lives, understanding that, hey, we trust our officials to do their jobs.
Speaker 2: We don't have that luxury at this particular moment in time. Trump now we put makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Why he hasn't assisted other senators and imposing sanctions makes no sense, just like.
Speaker 2: The actions articulated.
Speaker 1: In Jake Tapper's book, acknowledging what those who hated Trump, obviously on the left, were willing to do.
Speaker 2: To subvert and evade.
Speaker 1: The principles of our constitution. They were willing to manipulate.
Speaker 2: Stuff at all courts just to ensure.
Speaker 1: He didn't return to office. And as a result, we're sitting here with nobody to trust. What a damn shame, What a damn shame. Hopefully it won't lead to World War three. But I ain't gonna lie to you. I'll be dared if I'm not worried about a few things. I don't know if I'm worried about that, But I'm worried about a lot of things, and you should be too.