Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone. Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tap, Garrett, tell us all about your phone tap.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl Sunday happened in just in a few days, a lot of people ordering TVs, throwing parties. So Rachel wanted to play a phone tap on her boyfriend Carl. Carl ordered a big TV, like almost eighty inches, right, so he's expected eighty wow, yeah TV. He's expecting it to come to the house for a Super Bowl. So I'm gonna call from the the store that he bought it from and said, Hey, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: This is a bad idea.
Speaker 1: All right, let's listen to take you care Carl. Hey, this is Phil Dumphy over at Alpseet. How are you.
Speaker 3: I am great. I'm just sitting here waiting for you, guys, fantastic when you're gonna be coming. I actually have to run to the pharmacy for like a half hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know, take your time, no need to rush. And that's why I'm calling. I won't be able to get you your TV. It looks like until Monday, is is that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Monday we had a we had a problem with the truck, Is it with him?
Speaker 3: What do you mean Monday Sunday is the Super Bowl. When I was in your store, I explained.
Speaker 1: That to you, I can guarantee delivery from Monday for you.
Speaker 3: No, you got to be kidding me. First of all, I took off a day from work today because you guys told me you'd have the TV here today.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what our original plans were. But then unfortunately, the truck hit a pothole, and then the pothole kind of threw some stuff around. Some iPods got cracked, some iPads got cracked, some TVs broke. It just happened.
Speaker 3: There are other TVs that you have to be other TVs in the warehouse. I'm having fifty people over my house on Sunday for a Super Bowl party, and then there will be a TV in my house.
Speaker 1: Huh, So you don't have a TV? Is this your first TV that you're ever buying?
Speaker 3: The wit a second? Listen, when I went in there and spoke to your salesperson, they told me this whole speel about the Super Bowl sale and how one of them is going to.
Speaker 1: Be Can you just like get a TV from another room just for the time being.
Speaker 3: That does not do me any good. You got to be kidding me. Listen to me. Yes, I'm having fifty people to my house to watch an eighty inch screen TV. I'm not putting a thirty two inch TV in my living room for fifty people to watch in my house. Sir?
Speaker 1: Well, can I ask where is your other TV that you had?
Speaker 3: I threw it out. I threw it out because you told me I would have a TV in my house.
Speaker 1: What if I give you a great radio system that you can hook up to your house? You know different, You know no one's going to be listening to this.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Super Bowl on a radio. What are we supposed to act it out like shadow puppets? You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 1: Well, sir, you shouldn't have gotten rid of the TV that you had until you had a new one coming here too.
Speaker 3: That right, Well, i'd have a TV in my house today, sir.
Speaker 1: I totally get it. When the Tony Awards were on, my TV went out and I totally missed the first hour and a half of the Tony Awards super Bowl.
Speaker 3: This is not the Tony Awards? Are you kidding me? Fit that if your TV in my house on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 1: I definitely have like a twenty four inch I can get you.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, Jack Golf, I your cup because of your reputation and you're supposed to stand by your your product. This is a disgrace. You call me up three days before I need my TV in my house. Are you kidding me? Hi?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, excuse me, Well, sir, this is my lunch break and I'm just trying to call two birds with one stone.
Speaker 3: Wait, listen to me. Are you a customer service? You know I called me with a mouthful of food one lunchtime.
Speaker 1: You gotta understand that.
Speaker 3: Put that food out of your mouth right now, all right now? And as a professional, alright.
Speaker 1: All right, fine, I'm sorry that was a bad move on my part.
Speaker 3: Kidding me?
Speaker 1: Listen, all right?
Speaker 3: Can you how you deal with customers? Carl say, Rachel, Honey, you've just been fund taps? Oh I love.
Speaker 1: The Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 3: This phone tap was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants.
Speaker 1: The Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show