Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody is thevej Envy Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the belt.
Speaker 3: Because today is National co Parenting Day. Yes, so we had to bring in a man who I feel like him and just have one of the best co parenting relationships I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Room is here, Room is here. I got already use of you.
Speaker 4: You got it already.
Speaker 1: I got in trouble cause of you already. Wow.
Speaker 2: Just say, I want to know who gave Room some liquor exploi And I was like.
Speaker 1: I didn't give it to it. I just told him where the ball was. Yeh, I said help yourself, help yourself, and you said it.
Speaker 5: Was You said it was apple juice. And so I was about to take a step and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what, apple juice, I just ain't thank you. Was gonna pick the cup up you.
Speaker 3: And just have the best co parenting situation I've ever witnessed. How did y'all get to this point?
Speaker 4: Brough and she thinks she my mother first and foremost.
Speaker 6: But it took Tom. It took Tom. I felt like when you take the feelings out of it, and you realize that the child is the most important part of the relationship because it's still a reallyship. Whether you're intimate or not. You can do magical things, magical things. And I think that me being a dad that I was and that I am still today, I wanted that. I felt like if we wasn't gonna be together, it was no need for us to beef. We've created over time.
Speaker 4: Whereas now she's my best friend, She's my safe space.
Speaker 6: I feel like, you know, I convent to her because sometimes all the time I need it, But I feel like when I was pouring into these other women, they would use it against me.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: Whereas though now and now that she's pregnant, I don't really call her and say certain things because I know she's going through certain things mentally now.
Speaker 4: So justice is always in my safe space.
Speaker 6: Though, so it's like she's always been a person that I go to a call, give me advice, some advice, sound take, but just to hear, but just to hear her give it to you, just to know that she care, because.
Speaker 4: I don't really have nobody.
Speaker 2: How did y'all, how did y'all meet How did you meet Jess And how did y'all start dating?
Speaker 4: Back then, when it was like, oh, this is this.
Speaker 1: Is something I want to know that.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because we grew the smile.
Speaker 1: He's starting to smile because we grew up in the same church.
Speaker 4: But we didn't know.
Speaker 6: We didn't know my mom. My mom was alive, my mom down. I was ten, my mom was alive. We went to the same church.
Speaker 4: My mom died.
Speaker 6: My father like really took me away from everybody. So now it was like fast forward. I'm like seventeen. It's Facebook and it's after my Space Facebook, and she came across my timeline and I was like, okay, so I did a dot dot dot and I put a basketball in Moji.
Speaker 1: You thought she was a w just shut up.
Speaker 4: Playing with you. She bid on it ta okay.
Speaker 1: She she was like what I forgot what she said, but I was like, I was just I think.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm just coming to get my ball, coming to get with mine something.
Speaker 1: I said, what and why the basketball room? I need to know I've seen it somewhere. Basketball. No, I seen somebody do.
Speaker 6: That, Like I don't know what I seen basketball.
Speaker 1: So I'm like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just I did it because I thought it was it was corny, but I thought it was you know.
Speaker 1: But it worked. It got our attention. What do you think just when you saw the basketball?
Speaker 5: I just I said what they Okay? I just typed that back and like he said, it was my ball. It's my ball and I'm coming to get I'm coming to get it or something like that, I'm coming to get with mine. And I was like, okay, what's that. I knew what I was giving, what it.
Speaker 1: Was about it, but it worked. It worked.
Speaker 2: So you started talking, Where was your first date? What was your first When you started first talking?
Speaker 1: What was your honest?
Speaker 4: Man, Jasica did a lot.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say this before a lot of these young guys became Jody.
Speaker 1: I was Jody, and our first date, big date, I'm gonna say it was six Flags. Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: I never had a birth certificate that my mom died.
Speaker 1: It was here.
Speaker 4: My dad didn't want to come ahead to get it.
Speaker 6: There because he was born in I was going to stat Island, so my dad didn't want to get it.
Speaker 4: So for a long time I just had a college I d I was driving on a college I d but Jessica, it was the.
Speaker 6: Simplest one to let me drive with no ID. I meant with no license.
Speaker 1: You know, I was.
Speaker 6: I was responsible though, so I used to work at the car wash. I used to clean it, shine it up, jealum atizing old nine yards.
Speaker 4: But our first date was six Flags.
Speaker 1: That morning I went and would get my permit.
Speaker 4: Before we left for six Flags. But I felt I.
Speaker 6: Went in there with my high horses. That's why I felt at first big written. It was written, but it was a computer written. Get written.
Speaker 4: That's difficult from I failed the one where it said put on your high bings or your low bings when it's when it's like when it's raining or something like that, or when it's the ground most slippery.
Speaker 1: Did you have shades on when you No, I ain't really wear shades like that.
Speaker 6: I did, But there was another you know, yeah, but first big date, six Flags.
Speaker 4: But before that we did a lot of other things.
Speaker 6: But after that it was we did a lot like she introduced me to a lot. Actually we both was the same age, but she helped make me become well, got me, you're becoming a man, coming to man.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then boom just.
Speaker 2: Always says that you are you were overprotective, make sure she was good.
Speaker 4: But she always said you can't fight. Oh my god, she never seen me fight.
Speaker 1: We fought.
Speaker 5: I got that from.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'm not going to fight her. Bro Oh it's crazy because I just got a picture from the window.
Speaker 6: You bust the minds man, no one window?
Speaker 4: What I fish?
Speaker 1: What what happened?
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't be herd And if she could break a window from a fist out trying to.
Speaker 1: Fight, what happened? Wrong to take a slip thinking about that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: I was just talking.
Speaker 4: I was just in North Carolina this weekend.
Speaker 6: I was just just talking about this, like how my step brothers was like corny and ship right my step like, Jessica, pull up, mind you ate together, Jessica pulls up. I had a girl in the house. So my brother like he come to the top of the steps, like just at the door.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, here I come the nigga. Don't even wait for me to come. He let her in. He let her in. Oh boy, I walked right past him and his friends with the girl.
Speaker 4: Jessica get in the steps.
Speaker 5: Right, she wrote, But what did I see? When I walked down the steps, Jerne, you didn't see.
Speaker 1: And then she tries to fassage this story.
Speaker 6: Ashton, I had a portable rocking bassing that we could put it in the trunk, send it to her, bring it back. Ashton was in a portable rocking joint. Me and the girl was on on the bed. I had on basketball short she had on her uniform pants.
Speaker 1: She's gonna say she's been saying this was the middle CEO. Correct, she's a correctional officer.
Speaker 6: So like she's sitting she facing me, but her legs is like you know how that goes? Just coud come down and say she keeps She gonna say, oh, we was naked. We was not naked. If it had been happening, I.
Speaker 4: Don't get naked.
Speaker 1: And when she topped it.
Speaker 4: Up, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: She's never gonna tells anyway, she banged the girl. You beat up the girl. She didn't beat up bang popped us and I.
Speaker 4: Picked up and walked up and throw outside.
Speaker 5: You could never lift me.
Speaker 1: You never see what I'm saying. She never wants to. She never wants to admit the truth. On the field. Couldn't fight, No.
Speaker 5: I ain't noight or not, but she had the one time and then she she put on her uniform and went unless went upstairs.
Speaker 1: I promise you, I wish it was the.
Speaker 5: Cat started fighting that that. No, my son was not in no portable nothing. He was on the floor on a blanket, and the cat was looking at him like he wanted.
Speaker 4: To eat him under the carpet.
Speaker 1: So I will never lay my I wouldn't even lay on the floor.
Speaker 5: So I was my son on the floor.
Speaker 1: My son was in a portable bassinet. Okay, y'all were arguing about this for eleven. Tell you she was drunk out of her mind.
Speaker 4: And I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 5: I was just getting off for.
Speaker 4: Work, hadn't God, you did not just get off where he was fired at that time.
Speaker 5: So I got fired right after that. I was working at McDonald's. That's when I was stealing. And then if I was drinking, okay, I was drinking on the joe, but I was at work. So and then I came to get my son, and it did not come.
Speaker 6: Get your son because it was my weekend. So what I was getting till Monday from.
Speaker 1: Day kid, why would you coming?
Speaker 4: No, he was coming to be nosy, I didn't have to come to me.
Speaker 1: She was looking for the passing your water. If you get cousin, she because go home. Eleven years years old.
Speaker 4: Man, that's my god. How did you break the woman that should her hands? You walked out? No, I threw ass out.
Speaker 5: You're not that she was not that strong.
Speaker 1: You did not. Yeah, I mean I had you and it was steps right there.
Speaker 5: Could never ever eaten right now, could not do that.
Speaker 1: You need the window. I was just really really because.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't give me my son. She's give me my son. You called the police.
Speaker 6: Say, I didn't call the police, called the police, never called the police. Yeah, I didn't call the police.
Speaker 1: Listen, very everybody here is well, I'm.
Speaker 6: From the jail is right there, right around the corner.
Speaker 1: You can walk. It's the women. The commotion he walk to. I don't know how they came.
Speaker 6: I thought my stepmother called my god call one.
Speaker 4: It was my step mother house, my god mother house. Somebody called because I ain't called the police.
Speaker 6: My phone was cracked because you cracked the phone.
Speaker 5: The phone, but he can still everybody in the house had the phone. He called my He called the police on me, and then going and then when the police came, I was I just sat in my car. I was mad. I was like, no, I can't move here to get my son. And Nicole did tell me your come on this pull off. He's not giving you the baby. He not giving you the baby. I was like, all right, cool, but I was mad, so I didn't pull off police paddy wagon and pulled up and got out, and you was like, she right, there.
Speaker 1: Was I trying to get you?
Speaker 6: How did I try to get you locked up when I'm the same one call trying to bail you out with no money.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you ever thought you could build somebody out with no mindy, I.
Speaker 1: Ain't sleep that night out you have a been You ever went through a woman phone? Of course?
Speaker 4: Could you eat after that? Yes?
Speaker 1: You could?
Speaker 4: Well I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm comparing that to you when she went to jail.
Speaker 4: I couldn't eat.
Speaker 1: I couldn't sleep, you know, and sick. I didn't. I didn't want want jail. Why the would I call the police? So how did you push the window?
Speaker 4: That's what I had.
Speaker 5: Brought up to it, and then I just he had a Honda hand No, it was it was my first car and it just got adn't like it when I got.
Speaker 1: It because you are jealous. Now remember freedom.
Speaker 6: I had freedom once I got it very much. She couldn't call me say bring me my car back, Jody.
Speaker 1: I've never called you that. I've never call you any She took you to get the car.
Speaker 5: I ain't never seen nobody.
Speaker 6: When we when we when we got when I got the car.
Speaker 1: When I got the car, she was like, I don't like this ship.
Speaker 5: I said, yeah, so this means you re really be doing you.
Speaker 1: Because she was just doing you.
Speaker 5: He would drop me off the work and go act like he in class.
Speaker 1: I was a student then at a beach for my associates. That's I did.
Speaker 6: I went to the class because that's why you got off work two o'clock. You have to be to work six o'clock. So I was getting up five am every morning. We got your work.
Speaker 4: You got the job bout five forty five.
Speaker 6: I got out of class at one thirty, did my homework for the fifteen minutes, came the cold Spring, make Donalds, and picked you up.
Speaker 4: Then we went home.
Speaker 1: That was my routine. Money to Friday, won a lot of things. But did you hurt your hand? No?
Speaker 5: It didn't hurt till I got in jail. I ain't gonna lie when I got in jail.
Speaker 4: But it hurts.
Speaker 1: She's sobered up.
Speaker 5: This is the crazy thing. I was not that drunk. So then when I got guess who did my job? Damn gotten no gas? Who did my intake? The damn girl who was with him?
Speaker 1: The one did you punched?
Speaker 5: Yeap, yes, she went.
Speaker 1: She didn't do that?
Speaker 5: Did the same girl that I popped?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 5: She did it, but she didn't say nothing because she couldn't be caught up in nothing like that got fired. Yeah, I straight sold on her, like yeah, because I was like, so you absolutely at Wow, how could you actually want to fuck with a nigga who laid his baby and the cats on the on the carpet she got.
Speaker 3: I ain't mad at that on that very much because you don't know what she could have tried to do to you in that situation, so you gotta put everything on it.
Speaker 5: I was like, it was ghetto will be gotten, and that's what it was.
Speaker 3: So now when you hear this story and you say to yourself, why they there on National co Parent Day because they are like the best of friends. Now they call each other. Jeff called you her brother. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: How did y'all get there? Do you look at her like your sister? You said, mama, I was gonna.
Speaker 6: Say what she said, created that like my mother, Like when we are the town and she got like my mother.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't gonna disclose too much, but she thinks my mother. No.
Speaker 6: I just know she likes to control, like she know how I am though like me and alone. I think part of that controlling pause, like o'kay b be twenty of us.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be with child, So guess what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: He can go out of town with these twenty people and then be like all right.
Speaker 6: I'm like, no, we could be all on sprinting. What's going on now on sprint or whatever state we go to. Bro, I'm won't even gonna go with a rental or slingshot or something better not be raining.
Speaker 1: But I think that that.
Speaker 6: Controlling part comes in just because she cares, and sometimes especially when I'm under the influence, I've done dumbass ship.
Speaker 2: So as good as you know that you I don't know if you heard just assist in the back.
Speaker 6: Everybody like you know, everybody knows, but I hold myself accountable that mind you.
Speaker 4: Now, I ain't gonna say you I learned from Oneman six. I did the dumbas ship over and over again.
Speaker 6: But I think in that aspect, that's when the mother of the mother with the v coming but the brother calling me brother, and sisters were like, honestly without the child like.
Speaker 4: It it's there.
Speaker 6: It's it's seem like Amazon cameras off, like you can't fake this or make this ship up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Rome started that room started calling me sis first, and then I started calling him bro. I you know, I'm like, yeah, we do have like a sibling dynamic in some way. You know, he's still confides in my mom. He like, my mom is our mother. Like it's not it ain't nothing crazy, it's nothing intimate. Like seriously, I always say this, people be like, yeah, right, I can literally walk past and I don't do this. But what I'm saying, I can walk past this man nigked and he just they be like, girl, what like put that out? I'm talking about seriously, like how do y'all know.
Speaker 1: Each other's spouses or each other's boyfriend and girlfriend? Like how do you deal with his girl, And how do you deal with with.
Speaker 5: Five? I never told you always try.
Speaker 4: It's cool. Though it's cool, but this is this and now this was the friction part and we got over that. But this is the The friction part.
Speaker 6: Was mom my bendess, I'm getting hot ship, But the friction part was her getting into minds.
Speaker 4: But she's still a woman. I'm still a man. So women tend to do that. And this is not no shame to women.
Speaker 6: I don't mean no disrespect by saying it, but I think women tend to do that, especially a woman.
Speaker 2: That care about you, she said, But sometimes you make bad decisions and she's there as your sister to make sure you're good, regardless if it's relationship or whatever.
Speaker 6: Correct with me personally, I never really like I talk to her about certain things, but I never really like my family to get into no intimate situation. Yeah, because guess what, y'all feel a way about this person. However y'all want, whether it's negative or good. If I'm gonna deal with this person, I'm gonna deal with her like the female can smack shit out me yesterday.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, I might get over it and fucking them all.
Speaker 6: But it's like, that's why I always That's how I was always able to distinguish the two, Like when Jessica would have men when she come to me, like, I don't know, like, I ain't never pillow talking or sneak dish or nothing like I don't really care for Like, it ain't nothing a nigga have that I don't if you.
Speaker 1: Put it in that sense. But when she come to me with a man, I tell her ain't right.
Speaker 3: But both of y'all gotta share, though, because you're gonna want to know who around your son.
Speaker 6: I never did though, Yeah, I never so in the beginning stage, Yeah, don't have this nigga my summer.
Speaker 1: But I grew out of that.
Speaker 6: So now it's I trust my child mom enough to she won't bring no fans sit around my child, So I don't say, oh, don't have this nigga round. That's never been a problem. It has been a problem. Was motherfucker's envy me. It's that for my last dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dogs. Who's the dog my dog, Chris Chris Chris, my dog my dog. I ain't gonna hold he. I think he's the I think.
Speaker 6: Like me, honestly, me and jess Man like, I think it's been times where a woman didn't like me and her situation.
Speaker 5: But guess what, bye, yeah more so on and yeah, it'll be more so on his end because it's much more of them. But the thing is, the thing is, like I don't like when because I even tell him what he's going wrong to, like, yo, don't cheer her like that. This is how how how you going to introduce me to it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Now I done got to know where, you know, and whether she had a kid or not. Most of the time it's the ones that have the kids. But it's like, yo, you gotta do right or just be single, Like, don't keep hurting women in the process of trying to find what you're looking for. I mean, I know that's all a part of dating, but when you have kids, it's different, you know. And then here be like, oh, that's why I don't like you to be getting into it, you know, And then I don't like he he attracts a lot of toxic women to like abusive relationships where women will put their hands on them. I'm like, what, yeah, all right, you know, but he don't. He's like no, but I might be fucking with it them all. What she just blacks your eye? What are you talking about? You know what I'm saying, Like, no, we're not doing it, but okay, well she busts your nose whatever. Women have put.
Speaker 6: Their hands on you, and that's why, and that's why she's my dog, Like I think she's the only one really honestly, do want to get the fuck under my skin? Like it's a certain word place she used and I don't care what tone she uses in, but to say that, it's like I was really never taught how to love, like from I lost my mom at ten years old.
Speaker 4: My heart, I'm moving my dad, and when I move with my dad, my dad didn't move my dad in my step mom, which is my mom. Now me and my mom have a great relationship. That's my step mom.
Speaker 6: And my dad was married. But my dad was cheating, like saying, like my dad, my dad showing me.
Speaker 4: Ship that all right, I'm thinking cool m hm.
Speaker 6: So like when even when I started dealing with women and stuff like that, multiple women and all that, my dad was like yeah, absolutely, And I'm thinking it's cool because that's that's that's what I'm saying. I'm being taught, like and every man in my life that I looked at as a role model me was the same way.
Speaker 4: So it's like what you expect.
Speaker 6: But the good thing is now it's like I'm old enough now in mind, I ain't perfect.
Speaker 1: Now I'm seeing it. I'm trying to, you know, change it.
Speaker 6: But I never was taught to love properly, so and I never my trust issues is fucked up from my dad, Like, bro, my trust is hues. I met her because I'm seeing what he's doing, but I'm saying when it's done to him, his reactions like damn, my nigga, you were just doing this.
Speaker 1: How you're gonna get married? Right?
Speaker 4: So it's like every relationship I've went into, I had an expiration date.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 6: I put an X frame on myself. I say, she's gonna get she gonna get get what I'm getting.
Speaker 4: I'm gone, m hm. So I've never really gave a woman the what's the word I'm looking for. I never really gave a woman commitment, not even commitment, but I've never gave a.
Speaker 1: Woman a chance to really love me. But even with the kids, like even having kids, No, I haven't.
Speaker 6: And this is like I said, no distress to my children, moms. A lot of my my children came out of vulnerability.
Speaker 1: M found on that. And I'm explaining that, So I will.
Speaker 6: Meet a woman who I may feel like she's what I need, another safe place or whatever the case may be. But I'm already vulnerable from a previous relationship ship have a child, knowing I don't want to be with this woman.
Speaker 4: I don't want to. I don't I really don't want to be.
Speaker 1: With her, but I feel like I'm forced to be with her because of a child.
Speaker 4: Mhmm. And I've done that.
Speaker 3: You know multiple times you needed a therapist, not another baby, Mam.
Speaker 4: I need correct but at the time of need, at the time in vulnerability. You know women, you know.
Speaker 6: Women, women, can they be masked up?
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 5: But then also you know, just on a accountability part which he has taken over his recent years, is like you was looking for like your mom and women, and you would never get that, you know what I'm saying, because you was trying to look for an emotional connection with with you know, nurturing also and then like you was really really searched searching for Keisha. Keisha's his mother. You were really searching for her and women. You know, that's that's a different type of love, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think different women always dealt with different women because different women had certain.
Speaker 1: What is it, certain things aspects of her aspects of it.
Speaker 6: But like I never knew how to be alone, bro, Like I would be single and my own apartment and all that and let it go and go move with a woman because I never knew. Really, I don't know how to I don't like being lonely like so it's like a lot of the times when I say this ship is real, like I don't know if a lot of other men like me. But when being lonely, bro, you go through so you don't get how much money you got. I don't cap out none of that. But like I never really knew how to be alone, Like I feel like I got to have somebody laying next to me.
Speaker 1: Because even before my mom died, my mom was sleep naked.
Speaker 6: This is a back then thing. How old were you with I was telling? But I was a mommy's boy.
Speaker 1: Did you ever did you ever really properly so grieving? No?
Speaker 4: I never really grieved.
Speaker 6: All I did was I thought it was gonna help me by going to school for social work because that's what she was. But I never really probably agrieved and that's a that's a process. Now I do want to get, you know, back in the gym. I do want to get a therapist, but don't want everything else around me to be in tact so that I could fully commit, because if I ain't fully committed, it ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: And then as I.
Speaker 5: Also feel like your your dad didn't get you any tape dad.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I felt like me personally, and this is probably the first time I said this, Like I did. I think my father really wanted me for a check and exactly what I said, like the money and lied to me for so long.
Speaker 4: I lost a scholarship because of my dad. Oh because at the time where I wanted to go, I wanted to get away from.
Speaker 6: Them, so I had I had a couple of scholarships. I had like over thirty a septences.
Speaker 4: I got to accept it to a school in Florida.
Speaker 5: I think it did your mom leave you money or.
Speaker 4: Yeah my mom? Yeah my mom, So my mom left you.
Speaker 1: Maybe the government gave you a job my mom?
Speaker 4: My mom left money, my mom was getting money, and you know, social securities stuff.
Speaker 6: So it was like my dad was making bank like I did that case. I ain't even say the calculations. Calculations is crazy.
Speaker 4: What's your relationship with your dad?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: We okay, you know we all right?
Speaker 6: He you know, he's still living with that regret, and I feel like that's why we can't really get there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like I feel like my dad wanted me for a check man a scholarship.
Speaker 6: I lovet scholarship. I lost a scholarship because August, like TVC's full school was supposed to start. I had got it. I was leaving like my mom's side. He brought all my dorm stuff and all of that. All my life, my father always said, yeah, when you get eighteen, you're gonna have money. You can go get your car, you can go do what you want, you go to school, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: Alrighty cool, I get eighteen, I graduate. It's nothing there, I asked my father. I'm like, well, there's.
Speaker 6: Still no answer to My brother never even answered. So I know I got a scholarship. I had a partial scholarship. So a partial scholarship with the you paying the school and on and room and board that's at the school.
Speaker 1: I was going through.
Speaker 6: That was about sixteen, seventeen thousand semester. I had like a forty two thousand dollars partial joint.
Speaker 1: So my dad was always.
Speaker 4: Saying, all right, I got the rest. I got the rest.
Speaker 6: So two weeks before I was supposed to leave, so a month was supposed to be my family got all my doing stuff. A week before I was supposed to leave, my father called me.
Speaker 4: Up to the room and he like, I didn't even say what he said. I'm like, he like, you can't go to school. I'm like, why not, Like nigga, I'm an age.
Speaker 6: Student, like I work off for this. I was an athlete. I was a student. I ain't getting no office from basketball my junior senior year. So I gave up and said, fuck it, I'm gonna fall back on my grades. You always said I had the money. The money wasn't there.
Speaker 4: He spent it all.
Speaker 6: And you know, we turned eighteen, like seventeen and a half, it stopped coming. But even even if it come again when I'm eighteen, that's one check, all the rest gone. And my stepmother used to always tell him, my stup And I love my stepmother for this, and I wish I'd known this when I was younger. But my step mother used to always tell them put that money up, But she never came to me because she didn't want to overstep the boundaries of her husband.
Speaker 4: And I understood it.
Speaker 6: But now that I'm grown and we have conversations now, it's like I understood it because my father always tried to make.
Speaker 4: People hate me. I hated my step Yeah, I hated my step mother growing up, but it was never herd it was him.
Speaker 6: Lights sayn't get cut off. We had Christmases because of my stepmam. My dudes got paid my senior due. I'm talking my middle school dudes. My bro, you're getting money for me in my middle school dues my step mother paid them. My step mother and my teachers paid them. Wow, high school dues.
Speaker 4: My stepmother paid them.
Speaker 1: And my friends. I got two friends. Their mother's paid all that. So it was like my dad really crushed me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I told my dad a couple of weeks ago. Man, I said, Bro, you hate me, not literally saying you hate me, but you hate me so much.
Speaker 4: Because I got you. I caught your ways.
Speaker 6: I said, what the difference between me, I'm young and I'm changing. I'm gonna change them. You're twenty years older than me, You're still doing.
Speaker 1: The same thing. You want to break those cycles.
Speaker 6: And I want to It's not even me breaking a cycle, rogers. I don't like being like this, Like I don't like hurting people. I don't like hurting women. I don't like I never really heard. I'm so loyal to my friends that any little disloyal thing they do to me, they cut off. So it's like the shit be hurting man, And it's like, damn, I already had nobody. So then when I got a child, mom, I cherish it. I tell horash the really ones you love, the really ones that's genuely there for you, the ones that you ain't got to do nothing for, And I really love you because guess what, at the end of the.
Speaker 4: Day, when shit goes, if shit go bad, they're gonna be the ones you can count on.
Speaker 3: You know, there's this thing when when you start going to therapy you'll hear about. It's this thing called the mother womb, and it's a type of attachment trauma that instills deeply rooted beliefs that make the child feel unloved, abandoned, unworthy of care and numb to their feelings that do that.
Speaker 4: You mass low loss, mas lole loss.
Speaker 1: It's done, yours.
Speaker 6: A child will affect you as an adult, but it will not define you, That's right. So it's like it's crazy because going to schools, like, man, you're reading this shit. I'm like, man, it's me, it's me, Like you know, I'm thinking of my own therapists. But you know, every therapist need a therapist, and that's how they that's how they're able to be effective. So it's like, man, like, no, I've been through I ain't have a bad upbringing, but I've been through some traumatic situations, man, and you know, like I ain't. They ain't gonna define me like them babies and mom. Man, I love them babies. I feel like if it weren't for my babies, i'd have crashed out long ago, long time ago.
Speaker 1: But that's what I said. I got them babies.
Speaker 6: And out of all my te I got, I got I got two children moms like that. My last one, you know, she she made no harm by certain things, but I got that one and I got this one to my left, man, my dog, and it's like she give me hope every day she don't even know it, like even when you know, we might not even argue, but like every days I wake.
Speaker 4: Up, she's doing all right? Are you feeling? Just because I know that she needed like.
Speaker 6: When you when you when you the the shoulders in the head of families or communities, bro, Like it's a lot, you know, Honestly, I think them people need it the most.
Speaker 4: So I give her her flowers every day, and I feel like man like without her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're on the right back, you know, they stay healing the mother when first starts with acknowledging the pain and then seeking professional help.
Speaker 1: What you want to do cultivating healthy relationships.
Speaker 3: What y'all have done, and you're focusing on self care personal growth, right, you're definitely on the right path.
Speaker 4: Just won't get that mass time, take time, you know, but it'll be there.
Speaker 3: How did y'all that's the most thing, the most I won't say most important, but one of the most important things.
Speaker 1: How did y'all realize we don't have feelings for each other? No more?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How did that just go away? Like y'all have y'all love each other, but not in that way.
Speaker 4: I got my answer you want to go first, you can go first.
Speaker 6: Because I'm still thinking when I stopped caring about who she dealt with, when I wouldn't even like I wouldn't even care, Like how long.
Speaker 1: Did that take?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh three years?
Speaker 1: So like when Ashton was like three, yeah, it was still really yeah.
Speaker 6: It was like things but at that but honestly, that three years, like I had caught a big check. So it's like I was almost a nigga. So it was like it was the pain that I had. Whatever the case I would, I would pay. I was like just boy ship to block it out. But other than that, like.
Speaker 1: You ain't trying to stun on her a little bit?
Speaker 6: No, I never, no, I never, No, I'm waiting for that. I never intentionally stunted on her.
Speaker 4: I never did that.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 4: I did everything she possibly could ask me to do. And she said on one of these souls something about a B G. E. Bill And I'm addressed that. I never wanted that. I'm addressed that now with the bill.
Speaker 1: So so I'm explaining her life got cut off.
Speaker 2: I got a five hundred thousand dollars checking Listen.
Speaker 6: No, it wasn't right then and there, but it's over time, because like a lot of my places helped me, she helped me get a lot on the back end, but in a time like I helped her.
Speaker 4: Whatever the case, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know she's moving with a man.
Speaker 5: I didn't move with a man.
Speaker 6: Well she moved man in with her. Yeah, alright, okay, he had you and the dog too, now in my business, so I don't know that he's not there, so boom hiss his So he's here's my logic, and I'm ana say what I'm gonna say to her after I explain it. My logic was all right, man is in the house. Boom be eagy cut off, right, I'm thinking, like damn.
Speaker 1: So she like was wrong.
Speaker 6: I'm like, well, I take my son with me. But that wasn't me talking. That was the girlfriend I had talking. Oh ship, ain't I never told you that because as a woman, you ain't trying to hear that, and I just wants as a man and you be and me, I don't want to hear that. So I didn't want to tell you that because I have felt less of a man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but I'm understand him.
Speaker 2: If somebody else is smacking the cheeks, listen.
Speaker 4: So the girlfriend was living in the house. So the girlfriend was.
Speaker 5: Like, don't talk about no house ahead.
Speaker 1: So the girlfriend was like, I took a certain amount of mon out the bank. I did.
Speaker 6: She was with me, She like, mind you the certain amount of money I had to call because I was gonna break it in half, give it to Jessica and I take the rest.
Speaker 4: And I was going, man ash man ask that's all I did, shot man ash.
Speaker 6: So I was gonna give it that. But the girl like, why are you giving it to Jessica. I'm like, cause she needed.
Speaker 5: And she like, I never said that here.
Speaker 6: I never said the reason. I never said the reason. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I never said the reason though.
Speaker 5: She was like, what ex that to do?
Speaker 1: She needs?
Speaker 6: Because I know you ain't giving her. No, she don't need a bag or nothing like that. I'm like, no, it's something else.
Speaker 4: She like, well, don't she got.
Speaker 1: A nigga living with her? And mind you, I'm drinking at the time.
Speaker 4: You're thinking the same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you weren't even thinking that till she said it.
Speaker 1: I wasn't thinking that, but I'm drinking.
Speaker 6: But when she say it, because I'm not, like I said, bro like wives and girlfriends I've seen. I've seen I've seen men crumble and go against a family.
Speaker 4: Because of her wife or a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I've seen it, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Know what, You're right?
Speaker 1: Why you ain't a just though crazy people?
Speaker 4: Sause I was a young emotional boy who had.
Speaker 5: Just ran into a bunch of money and just came with.
Speaker 6: Thatches every my nigga, I'm hurt, hurt young man got a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Everybody and fucked me over.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I got some money, I'm doing the fun.
Speaker 6: I wanted to make myself happy, and that's how my nigga went broke. Like it was times when I'm not happy, but I go spend money just because I'm not like, oh the coaches came out like that.
Speaker 5: Everybody except me, I.
Speaker 1: Was like and granted.
Speaker 6: Right now on today, I'm gonna say I truly, sincerely apologized for not taking care of you the way I should have. And I'm gonna take my glasses because for a long time, that ship hurt me.
Speaker 1: And it's like.
Speaker 6: I never ever ever, especially I never ever ever ever meant to do that to you. And it's like, now that's why I even I worked so hard today.
Speaker 4: And just try to.
Speaker 6: Even just give you something, but in due time that you're gonna come back. I ain't, you know, I hadne made that shit back when broke again, made it back broke again. But my biggest downfall of the comments denominated was alcohol and women. So that shit them two problems never allowed me to really reach my full potential. And even when I seen a couple of years ago, you've seen it twenty nineteen when I was single, when I went moved back by myself, I ran that motherfucker up.
Speaker 5: Flourish ran.
Speaker 6: That's one thing I know how that I'm running up, but women holding me back. Man, I'm sorry that I didn't do what I was supposed to do, and a lot of motherfuckers said what I was in your job?
Speaker 4: That one you done.
Speaker 1: I felt that was my duty, but because I had certain people in my in my.
Speaker 6: Ear that I thought had their best interest in me, but when the bag ran out, they left.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I'm not a sorry person.
Speaker 1: I apologize.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, and but listen, I was not. I was talking to a nigga. He moved in months after. You think a nigga was gonna move into a dark house, You can't you think I wanted to a niggas see, I was living no. And when you said I asked you, like, yo, can you just get my my lights on? I'll pay you back. That's when I was scamming and doing all that shit. That shit got slow too, So I'm like, all right, you was like, no, I take my son. Nobody taking my kid, not even as far Like as long as ash was in stad of the dark, we was good, you know what I'm saying. Like I still had candles, we was playing, We was doing all that. We would stay outside until it went until it got dark, and then we would go in the house. And him he ain't never asked me why the lights ain't coming on. It don't matter. So as long as he was good, I was good. I just wanted to be able, you know what I'm saying, and just be like, yo.
Speaker 4: Get and you should have. Well guess what that made you?
Speaker 1: A demon?
Speaker 6: And when I say deeming, I said, in the best way, that turnt you up. And I to teach my kids, especially my oldest boy might love me, yo, bro, like I don't want you to go through something bad and learn a lesson. I don't think everybody should have to go through something bad and not a lesson.
Speaker 4: But in your case, I feel like, yeah, I put that battery in your back.
Speaker 6: You know, when that battery came in your back, it ain't treat me no way. It took still a minute for us to create that bond.
Speaker 1: But y'all have it now. And I think y'all bo should give each other some greades because.
Speaker 6: Y'all and I always was a hurt young man, so right, but I love the story.
Speaker 2: It shows the foundation and how now and how you treat each other now. You know, I don't know you, but the way she talks about you on the radio, and like you said, she is a mother, She protects you, she holds you down.
Speaker 4: I just love to see it. You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'll be telling us stop talking about room like that.
Speaker 5: He always did, like why you be talking about But I get it.
Speaker 1: She don't mean no harm.
Speaker 6: But she don't, like I said, man like I wish a lot of other people but.
Speaker 1: Take from us.
Speaker 4: And that's why this ship got to be on TV.
Speaker 1: That's why y'are writing a book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, book coming, everything book coming, Yes, everything coming.
Speaker 3: I think the most important thing because I want you all to save a lot of this, but what's the most important thing. It takes the cold parent if y'all you're just leaving on that because the national co parent the day yo.
Speaker 5: I think I started off communication like a lot of people be scared to hurt each other feelings, and a lot of people be afraid to have uncomfortable conversations, whether it's about kids, unhashed differences whatever. Like one day me and Rome just literally met up and just we just talked about everything that, you know, he felt like I did him wrong in certain situations, and then he felt like like I will always try because he says, I'm controlling a lot, and I do take that, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, I own that.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: Like I was trying to control how he parents sometimes, like how how he would raise Ash and all of that type of stuff. We just put everything on the table and just just was like, all right, you're moving forward because it's really about Ash and that's really like when we after that, it was like no looking.
Speaker 4: Back, It's like all right, whatever.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 5: It was just communication.
Speaker 6: But I think that it's a couple of things, man, communication, feelings out of it, ego out of it, ego for sure, and just man, both parties, both parties got to be in it. Door man like, I feel like you know now, like even at my kids school and ship man like, dang, you should the man.
Speaker 4: I think that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: Your kids school, my children, my own children.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, the father is not a norm so I always been.
Speaker 1: I ain't. It's not I want.
Speaker 6: I ain't say I'm changing on, but I'm changing on, like it's me. You ain't got to call the mother, you know I didn't Max, So call your father, Yeah that's me.
Speaker 1: Call me.
Speaker 4: Don't call them others. I'm hands on.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be that.
Speaker 6: And my oldest eleven man young. I just sat to school, sat in the class for them the whole day.
Speaker 5: They call you, but Ash called me on the side my dad much.
Speaker 1: But that was the thing too.
Speaker 4: We had to she had to learn don't don't don't try to take the father from the child.
Speaker 1: Let me father him.
Speaker 6: Because I refuse for my son to become a statistic I refuse my son to become a young, hurt little boy. I refuse from my son to grow up not knowing how to love a woman.
Speaker 4: I refuse my.
Speaker 6: Son to be so many things that his father was, I'm still young, so I'm still you know, I told I told now, you're early. I said, man, like you know one of my I'm gonna write my right. I'm gonna write my rights to my boys.
Speaker 1: Still learning unlearning right correct correct, unlearning to learn when this co parents ain't easy man.
Speaker 5: And I used to be. I used to be hold on him. How he was so hard on my son, Like no, like you like as gotta want to talk to you. You got to make him want to talk to you, like he used to like come and talk to me about things. He was scared to go to his father about now because it was any abusive relationships anything. It was just like I can't talk today. You know.
Speaker 4: It was my son problem.
Speaker 1: And I like to say, I'm creating a young man man.
Speaker 6: What some problem was? He don't like confrontation. Not confrontation, but he don't like to confront a man. You When I say that me his father, he don't like to And I tell him, I said, Bro, you don't like something.
Speaker 1: You tell me I'm not like my father. Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm your father.
Speaker 1: Nah, No, ain't none of that.
Speaker 6: Same brom We go to McDonald's and I'd be like, all right, do you, Oh dad, I don't want that. What you want, it's the same concept.
Speaker 1: I get his head done.
Speaker 6: Now you want to hair? Oh dad, I don't like that. Tell me, don't go back and tell your mother. That's what I'm getting mad because he was just with me and I just asked you. He ain't say nothing.
Speaker 1: You want to communicate.
Speaker 6: I want to communicate. When you communicate with me, you look me in my eyes and tell me, Dad, I don't want this. You ain't gotta be disrespectful when you said I want to my baby getting better.
Speaker 1: But I'm here, so it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man, it's not hard, easiest fun. You have to make it, make it a little bit.
Speaker 5: But it's like, I don't like to do that.
Speaker 6: It's just man like, I don't know. It's a mom is different than when a dad raising. I'm doing everything that I wanted. I wanted my father to come up my squell, wanted my dad to talk to me. I wanted my dad to ask me what I wanted. I wanted my dad to.
Speaker 4: Come to my basketball game, my baseball game. My dad been a one baseball game out of four years. Two basketball games out of four years.
Speaker 1: You got to make sure you're raising your child out of out of.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to live and that's that I was scared of my father.
Speaker 1: My mouth I got picked up.
Speaker 4: That's what I got busted, lept.
Speaker 1: Multip All fathers raised this.
Speaker 3: Multip All fathers rais us how to figure They didn't want us to end up going down the same path they went down.
Speaker 1: So we got to figure out how to raise our kids out of love. But you know, if mom's moms get this, and I think I got that.
Speaker 6: And I told my dad a couple of weeks ago, bro, like you know, because he always come to me with my.
Speaker 4: Father my fu. I don't want to hear that ship.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm I'm a man now.
Speaker 4: Ain't gonna tell me how the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear that ship.
Speaker 4: Your father wasn't farther.
Speaker 1: He was a provider.
Speaker 4: I'm a nurturer. I'm my dad other nurture my baby.
Speaker 5: Even your response to your dad is angry because he.
Speaker 6: Always My response to my dad is what he's given to me. Now, Like I'm a man now.
Speaker 1: So it's like, bro, I don't have to take that ship.
Speaker 4: I leave.
Speaker 5: But he's trying to explain, try to explain.
Speaker 4: He's still ain't figured it out.
Speaker 6: So it's like you in the room and this is meet and being in the room because you know, I don't call you about this type of stuff.
Speaker 1: But this is me being in the room. It ain't is he.
Speaker 4: It's a different story.
Speaker 1: Man, I got somebody if you talk to him. I got a therapist.
Speaker 4: I got a good therapist.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of them. No, no, no, I'm not saying it like that.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about a real professional and I got a real Yes.
Speaker 5: Don't want to require what you want.
Speaker 1: I think I got somebody in mind for I want a woman. You want a woman? I got you.
Speaker 4: I don't like man, I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you. You know exactly what you talk to.
Speaker 4: That's cool, man. I'm always open to it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: But you know other than that, like you gotta want to for yourself and do you you I've been there, man, Okay, cut back.
Speaker 6: You know, my biggest thing was just cutting back on the alcohol. Like now, I do it for recreation. Thank you for this is drink coffee, shot, drink coffee.
Speaker 3: This is a great conversation I'm sure it's a discussion that will continue on not even just the monkst you know, just in Rome, but this is amongst anybody out there, you know, dealing with co parents issue. But I think Rome, you know, Rome is talking to a lot of different issues that a lot of us men go through, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy that you was vulnerable this morning, That's right, you know what I mean. And their book is coming soon be a black privilege polish simon the shoes, all right, well it's wrong.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: In the morning, wake that ans up in the morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast Club