Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs.
Speaker 2: No nonfixsh.
Speaker 3: Here we go, players lounge right here with you Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio, and we are sponsored by Tostitos. You know the crew. Danny McRae, had Ma, Harrison Berry Church, I new his Scruggs Cowboys getting ready to face the Washington Commanders. It's Dallas week up there, guys.
Speaker 4: Oh Dallas, you're ready. It's still Dallas week. That's still the thing. Yeah, ownership still Dallas week. Man, it's still Dallas.
Speaker 3: You got change even got some of the folks up there want to win fans with that beat.
Speaker 2: Really, it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense. It makes you trying to shoot yourself in the foot. And and it's the the final goodbye for Ron Rivera. He's gonna be going, Yeah, he will be going, and fans looking forward to that. And it's interesting when you go back the fact that Rivera and McCarthy got hired at same time, and there was that kind of debate going on there who got the better coach?
Speaker 2: I remember, we didn't even think about Carolina. That's a good one. No, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: So when these when these when these NBC affiliates called me that, that's the kind of stuff they want to get into. Who's got the better coach? One guy has won Super Bowl? But okay, you know, your guys won one two Coach of the Year awards, and so now they can't wait to get Ron out the built. So so they're all, you know, and apparently they're in love with the play caller in Houston to be their head coach.
Speaker 2: Is Ron Rivert getting another job after.
Speaker 3: This as a consultant?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Coach Honestly, I think Ron Rivera will probably be best working in the league somewhere the.
Speaker 2: League office type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can say Ron Rivera.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh remember now Ron was a member of that eighty five Bears team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't let people forget. I mean that was That's how I know about great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so I was like, he's just there, he was, he was active.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I know because eighty five we was negative three.
Speaker 3: Remember that nothing beating it into Texas City. I don't remember that on the Cowboys like Thanksgiving were you might.
Speaker 2: Have been.
Speaker 3: One thing that amongst winning the Coach of the Year two times I will say this for Ron Rivera, which is something that other coaches. Maybe he can go to the NFL League office and help is they let Cam Newton be Cam Newton. And I think about how Jeff Fisher Norm Chow tried to box up Vince Young and didn't really allow to be the kind of player he was. And you look at Lamar Jackson today is about to win another m v P award. It's a guy like Ron Rivera coming in there and just saying, Okay, Mike su let's let our quarterback do his things and we'll change our system to fit him. But this is gonna be the last game here. Heck, man, I tell them who he ran? Tell them who he ran.
Speaker 4: I can I can certify this. I can now co sign this for Newie. He does the walk off with tiring man. I saw it. Some start making fun. I saw it's a real thing in the documentary a little bit.
Speaker 3: We didn't need any good no, no, we had we had to get over here to get the podcast. But y'all want that man, you know, yes, yes, Pro Bowl votes came out eating didn't play enough games.
Speaker 2: But the Cowboys I thought he was being Seriously, we're really doing this.
Speaker 3: The game, the games he played, he was roough of them. And there's some really good guys that made the Pro Bowl on the offensive line. I know our guy Tank Lawrence didn't make it here, but once again, there's a lot of good guys there's This is a very well represented team and the fact that seven Cowboys made it, everybody should be extremely proud because this is a mean.
Speaker 2: These dudes on.
Speaker 3: This team are good. They didn't know I don't feel like there's any you know, like, what's that guy doing this? Is like a player.
Speaker 2: Well, they asked City.
Speaker 4: Earlier about what the reaction was from the locker room when they announced it. He I mean get really good answer. I mean, guys are excited about making the Pro Bowl. And I know the Pro Bowl has changed over the years. Is not as big of a deal as it used to be in the Pro Bowl game was basically what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But it's still the pride of being one of the elite.
Speaker 4: And he spoke to that, like all the guys that made it really have had a great season. But for me, when we got the list, I couldn't help when I didn't see that DeMarcus Lawrence was on that list.
Speaker 2: I was shocked. I was shocked.
Speaker 4: I mean in the names that they have on there, and there's some really great players in this league. But man, look, DeMarcus Lawrence is playing like he's still in signals. He is playing like either that or he's staying up all night studying the playbook, and I know it's the latter, but just the way that he's playing, the way that he's moving, I don't know if I've seen a guy at this point in his career be able to still be as effective as DeMarcus Lawrence is. So that's the only name that I'm I'm really kind of shocked. Other than that, man, I'm hey, everybody's deserved.
Speaker 5: I'm with you on that, you know, coach everything he said when it comes to d Law being, you know, not being a part of the Pro Bowl situation, when when you look at it, but when I think about it also, I'm like, who would you take off, you know, to put d Law on there? Like Louis said, I mean, it's just talent across the board out there. But when you talk about who's made the biggest impact on this team, especially these last couple of weeks, it's been to Marcus Lawns, whether it's his you know, run stopping ability, you know, whatever the case may be, making plays, batting the ball down, whatever case may be. He's been the heart and soul for this defense the past couple of weeks. And if it's play you know, continues to you know, rise like that, then this defense has no choice.
Speaker 2: But to follow as well.
Speaker 5: So he's having a heck of a year so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I think it's the sacks. I think it's the sack thing.
Speaker 4: Right, So we see how impactful you especially when because we're here and we understand like the run defense and how important it is for us to be able to get that fix. And then we see his impact on the run defense. And you look at Michael Parsons as the guy who's getting the sacks and causing the one on ones because he's getting double teams and all that stuff. And I think when you look around the league at the guys who are on the list, you say, okay.
Speaker 2: Hello to getting sacks.
Speaker 4: But I think I think for us, we all understand the impact that the Marcus Lawrence has on here. So you know, assume he'll probably be alternate at some point. But the main goal is to not even have to be able to play in the Pro Bowl because you're trying to get to the Super Bowl. But we want to give the Marcus Lawrence's flowers because he's having a heck of a year with the Walter main Planet Man of the Year nominee. And then also also, like you said, as far as being impactful, especially for the last few weeks on this on this roster, what you see out of him is different than what you see out of everybody else, and that's including everybody on the defense. It's just it's a different level of play when you look at it and you say, he's saying follow me, play like me, and will be better. So shout out the d law But yeah, Bosa monteset Aiden Hutchinson, I mean, you.
Speaker 2: Can't be mad. I'm not mad at the list.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that just the impact that he's been having on our defense. We're going to talk about Mike cut but everybody else and you expect from people in the league to watch the tape and to see, actually, who's the guy that doing the dirty work and getting it done, and that's Tank Hutcherson made the list off of that last game had to be. He had a good that last game. Now they still got Michael as a linebacker, somebody else.
Speaker 2: On the edge.
Speaker 4: So I mean you would essentially, and you know, in the ideal world, because we do, we consider Michael linebacker or he's part of the So then you would have to put him, uh, you know, either Bolster, Sweat or Hutchinson and then put another linebacker on there. So it's a tricky list, but they find a way to fit, you know, fit fit guys on there. And that's yeah, I mean, that's that's a good list. This is a this is a really good list. So yeah, shout out to congratulations all the people to make the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: Josh all he makes pro Bo.
Speaker 2: M v P. The Holy They not Bro, you can't come on now, everybody.
Speaker 3: I bring that up just because when we're talking about just just names generally, you know, for the season, you know, you'd have thought that Josh Allen and Justin Herbert would have been on the pro Bo and it didn't happen. It didn't happen.
Speaker 4: The guys that played most of the season, shutt Danny Downs was probably should have been most of prove comeback Flooding righted.
Speaker 2: My pro bo pix was yeah.
Speaker 3: But and once again, the ability for the Cowboys to draft and develop, I think that has to be spoken about again because but how many homegrown guys you've got Dak Prescott, Ceedee Lamb, Zach Martin, Michael Parsons, Deron Blaine and these are your guys who were here. And while they didn't draft Brandon Army the kicker, they went out and found him after a disastrous end of the Brent Maher era, to go out and get that correct. And they made the cuts early in camp and decided we're gonna go with them. And I'm out there in Knox, Darling, this is what you're gonna do. And they've been right. And for the second year in a row there they've got Pro bowlers out here at special teams in the area that you have to be good at and try to win that. So congratulates Brandon Arbery and Brian Ainger.
Speaker 4: I just I look at that that theory of how we built our roster, and we know how it's changed over the years in the NFL by people going out and getting free agency and so many teams like that. I remember for a couple of years of Rams. Everybody's like, man, the Rams are selling out to win the Super Bowl. That's the way you get it done, Howie Roseman And for Philadelphia, everybody was been patting them on the back, applaud them for the job. So, I mean, whatever rhyme or reason you have, I think Dallas Cowboys have been with the we're gonna bring we're gonna draft well, and we're gonna groom these and develop well. That's voted, that's bolted well for them also, so that's a credit to Will McLay. That's that is a credit mostly. I mean those two teams you name, they sold out, they win.
Speaker 2: Got no, no, no, I'm saying the reason to get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, how do you do Do you go out and you pay these guys or do you draft well and you think you have these guys alone for the years to come. And that's where the Cowboys are. If you look at man, the contracts that they have coming up, these are with guys that have been on your squad. It's not free agent guys that you're talking about. So that's what I mean about the RAMA reason. But also having the numbers that they do. Yeah, I'm looking at the Rams and I'm saying we all thought like, yeah, they're gonna be out of it for the next few years. And then you look at this team, know we don't even want to play the guy. And I'm not making funny. I'm just saying it's a good football team. It's better. They're better than who they were when we played them. They have a running game. Now, they're protecting the ball. They do have Pookah and Matthew Stafford healthy and Cooper Cup so they're a different squad. But when you looked at them giving all those first round picks away and spending all the money to get Jalen Ramsey and Mom Mill all these was like, man, next ten years, they probably not going to be competitive at all, and.
Speaker 2: They about to retire right here on the way out.
Speaker 4: And you look at it now, you say, man, this is one of those scary teams that you might not want to play when you get to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: They've got an organization and that's that's to me. You can pat Riley's book Showtime Inside the Lakers Breakthrough season. He talked one year about how in eighty five said we won a championship but weren't a championship organization. And when I look at what they're doing with the Rams, you start to say, Okay, this is a championship organization. When you can go win, go win the title, have to break it down and let some good guys go, but still be able to draft, develop and coach these guys. And I had there's no way in the world I thought this was a playoff. There's two teams that have made going to make the playoffs. Well one if they win, they'll make it all Sunday Houston and the Rams. You couldn't have told me before the season these guys are gonna get make this thake. Absolutely did not think they had the talent to do it. And uh two great coaching jobs. I would give tomko Ryans Coach of the Year, but vote for what he's done is Sean McVay. What Sean McVay has done this year.
Speaker 4: That's a tough it's a tough worker Cleveland too, because Stefan at the beginning of the year, we all sitting here like, wait, that's your offense to your.
Speaker 3: Fourth quarterback, John Harball, you had your your quarterback said us trade me. I'm done with you guys, And you had to as a head coach, manage your knowing this offense don't work without this guy. I mean, we tailored it all around him so that they went out and they got a new coordinator and Monkin and here they are the best record in the league. He's about to win another MVP. How do we judge that as a coach?
Speaker 2: Who do you?
Speaker 4: I mean, who was better suited for that situation? Who is better suited for that situation in Baltimore than Harball the way that he is as a coach to be able to handle Lamar Jackson from the aspect of him being just grown up about his contract and then bringing in the offensive coordinator that finally understands how to use Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: And they're the.
Speaker 4: One team that I look at I'm stare a scary team. We don't talk about them, but I'm telling you that's Boogeyman to me because they have a thousand yard rush, one.
Speaker 2: Thousand yard received.
Speaker 4: We don't really know anybody on their defense, but we just know that they're real good.
Speaker 2: That's what we do know.
Speaker 4: And so all of those teams going down to the Clevelands, but especially Houston, when you talk about them as a team like that is the biggest surprise to me. But the Rams have it's all coaching. It has to be the system that they run, and also the quarterback that they have. We can't Stafford goes in two buckets. Either you love him or you hate him. But the things that he does well, the way that he operates mcveigh's offense, that's what makes them so good and explosive within a cool a cup. Man, this is just a great offense. And don't forget Houston has lost They have lost Nico for a minute. Tank Dell's out for the season, they lost their quarterback for a while with concussion, and they still are battling for a playoffs.
Speaker 2: By think about the names you just named.
Speaker 3: Who's really talking about those before this season?
Speaker 2: Nobody you wouldn't have going into the season.
Speaker 5: Man, they got a receiving quarter that could be, you know, top two, top three in the International Football League. Man, you add that guy Stroud in there, and what what do Mico is doing to that defense?
Speaker 2: Was out? He's done a.
Speaker 3: Remarkable jobational job said, I didn't see it, and I give him all the credit the world for I mean, while we joke about it, but it's the truth. This third straight coach they've gone through, guess the third Negros the magic time higher. But dog got it done and Tomko is incredible role time.
Speaker 2: He had to figure out where to get it in after he did it.
Speaker 3: A good thing happened yesterday for Alabama. The center hit the transfer let it next saying, no hit the portal. All the terrible snaps. Quarterback put the link on him and see you.
Speaker 4: You know, they had to meet with him saying, man, I'm telling you you might want to hit that. You might want to put your paperwork in, so we're not dealing with this again.
Speaker 2: Called on.
Speaker 3: He ain't hard to find.
Speaker 2: Called snappings.
Speaker 3: It's funny because when you read it online, Oh he's entered the transfer pot guy.
Speaker 2: He was told before.
Speaker 4: Making it back to campus he probably couldn't get back on campus. That's why he left to get his stuff. Went crazy to get his stuff. But that's when I mean, I laugh all the time.
Speaker 3: And I see some of this stuff and it's one one school locally. This kid put out. I just want to let her know I'm entering the transfer portal. Thank you for my time here, but I'm moving. I'm like I made a phone call like, oh yeah, yeah that new position coach said he ain't it.
Speaker 2: That's what happened.
Speaker 3: So he jumped on and you know they let him do it. But you know on social media like like it was his decision and he's moving on. They changed coaches, They looked at you and just transfer no, thank you.
Speaker 2: That was around one hour. I'm telling you thirty years too late. How many years you would have stayed that.
Speaker 3: I would have been going after my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had been about the man. That's why you don't want to play his due. Nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying about why you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know you're gonna answer you honestly, I would. I would have slid onto you. You know about.
Speaker 3: Man Big twelve.
Speaker 2: You were started the bad rules for Shure. Yeah, you started bad rooms for show.
Speaker 4: We're trying to figure can't stay even a super stuff.
Speaker 2: You're talking You knew me.
Speaker 4: In our world talking about the Big twelve.
Speaker 2: Shine.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is get to the Big twelve, baby, you know, passing all.
Speaker 2: Day the hard hig barried church like nothing.
Speaker 3: Guys, going across the middle of Max twelve, you'd have been good man.
Speaker 2: You really would have been the star of Pembroke. They might have made it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would have statue up about.
Speaker 2: On both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: I would look like the fact that you got trying to tap on the division to school.
Speaker 2: Now, how's all one look?
Speaker 6: And this man is one the mac all Americans. Got a couple of James coupons.
Speaker 4: That's a few, hearty, But that's that's.
Speaker 3: That's that's it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We're not wrong that you went to the Big twelve from Toledo.
Speaker 4: That's that's what it looked like. Jesus shuttles were pull.
Speaker 3: We got you some freezing no ice tickets.
Speaker 4: You know, me throwing it out, I ain't gonna jump on this train.
Speaker 3: I come a Ray Allen in high school. Y. It's amazing to watch him in that movie because I never would have thought that young man, great kid, but never thought all that success he had.
Speaker 2: I remember, you're deflecting.
Speaker 3: Am I love about that? It was the Rick Fox part of the movie Rick Fox was when Rick Fox was in the bed and I saw Rick and Laker practice and I said, Rick, he's good movie, Yeah, I said, because you weren't acting. I remember the first time I ever met Rick Fox man. It's amazing Rick Fox, I'll tell you I have never seen a magnet for women like.
Speaker 2: Rick Fiss did a good job of getting out. Take a break man. When we come back into UH.
Speaker 3: From back in the players, what makes you nervous going into this game and going into the playoffs with mister Shotts Hech Maherson Church producer Chris Bean in the pop going section throwing bullets and strays.
Speaker 2: I told you.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash cow.
Speaker 3: With the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in heart either. No eye in blue Star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in How about them Cowboys? Smearenough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that it's best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home or away.
Speaker 8: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players loud.
Speaker 4: In your premiere dining, shopping and experiences from over twenty one plus restaurant shops and more at the Star District. Check out women's boutique Flee Style of Frisco and the official boot partner of the Dallas Cowboys, lou Casey. Enjoy New Year celebrations at Snowboard Snowboard, book at snow Bird Cocktail Lounge, Concrete Cowboy and City Works Eatery. Visit the Star District dot com for the full directory. Thank you, my man. I'm gonna have to get that. It's the worst place to do.
Speaker 3: That in a few days. Read thank you.
Speaker 2: I had to back that up with something he knew. He was like, oh God, then get no word. I can't face.
Speaker 4: Lie, Lie, it's been a while, you understand, man. We'll hold the presto. Hey, don't look at me. Yaa word obviously, I'm like, oh no, somebody gotta say it because Jack shout out a snowbird.
Speaker 2: Win a win.
Speaker 3: On Sunday, Dallas will clinch his twenty six NFC East title, the most among any NFC East team Cowboys Division title, but marked the nineteenth consecutive year that the NFC East did not have a team win a consecutive division title. Philadelphia was the last team and win consecutive NFC East titles, winning four straight from two thousand and one to two thousand and four. Otherwise known as the Dave Campbell you just.
Speaker 2: Read them, I let myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, man, okay.
Speaker 3: When you watch that shake clum Shane, it just come.
Speaker 2: Out shut.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 2: He said, you read it.
Speaker 8: Over.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking out at the paper. I was like this, dude, small, I know you've been doing time myself on.
Speaker 3: The next playing this lounge brought to you by Tostinos, Danny McCrae hack my hair, Yes, man, j It's that kind of day, bro, that kind of day man going yes, yes, I ain't gonna lie held man, it's just every every since laying mine everywhere you go in here, man, let's go. I'm sweating. I have some Dave's Hot chicken and damn sweat. What makes you nervous about the twenty twenty three Cowboys playoff run.
Speaker 4: Danny oh Man, What makes me nervous is are in the ability to run the football, Like we have to figure out a way to run the football when you get in the four minute offense and you have to lead, how do we then get into.
Speaker 2: Man, how do we stop?
Speaker 4: How do we run the ball and make sure that we keep our defense on the sideline when we got the game in hen.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, you know this. This is for me. It's easy.
Speaker 4: The losses on the road, we've seen this team in a way get bullied, and I don't want to see that. I think it started at Arizona in the running game. You saw that offensive line up front take it to us defensively, and then I just go through the rest of the game. I mean I stop at Buffalo. I stop at Buffalo because Miami you didn't get that same treatment. But I think those games to me showed me that teams are willing to not just humiliate the Cowboys physically upfront, and when we can't match that physicality, we look like a completely different.
Speaker 2: Teas both sides of the football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like a completely different product out on the field, and we can't do that. And I mean, those were those times. That's what makes me nervous that in the playoffs we have a brand or style that we like to play, but when we come up against I don't know San Francisco, we know what San Francisco is going to do and what they they come into the game already saying we're gonna humiliate you. I'm gonna wear this F Dallas T shirt because I know I'm gonna score and I'm gonna rain it up. That's that rivalry, and so I just want to see us. I want to see that part of our game and who we are physically in the playoffs bring.
Speaker 2: That level up a notch.
Speaker 5: Now, you guys all make you know, valid points when you talk about it, and I'm gonna make it, you know, three for three as far as talking about, you know, defensive side of the football, because to me, when we all talk about these playoff matchups, we understand they're gonna come down to those you know, last minute drives.
Speaker 2: We all understand that. I mean, it.
Speaker 5: Happens in a lot of these playoff games cause they're good, good on good you know, good teams versus good teams. And from what we see defensively these last two games, when it comes down to that moment, you know, this defense situationally before whatever the case may be, we talked about it, before penalties or whatever the case, you know, giving up big explosive plays the last two games too, was able to drive the football down the field, kick the game winning field goal. Jared Golf was able to drive down the football field get a touchdown, controversial two point We all understand that. But to me, you know, defensively, they've got to get better in those situational moments, whether it's the end of the end of the half, you know, two minute drills, scoring before halftime, or at the end of the game where if it comes down to it, you need to stop. Because we've seen offensively when it's their turn the last go Dak Prescott, he was able to drive and put this team up.
Speaker 3: They're able to get points, especially against.
Speaker 2: Detroit as well.
Speaker 5: So to me, you know, it's that end of the game situation that this defense has got to get a little bit better at.
Speaker 3: I look at the Cowboys, and I understand the frustration of the fan base.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But when I've gone back and looked at these two games, San Francisco has been the Achilles Hill for Mike McCarthy twenty three, seventeen, nineteen twelve. With the losses, figure out a way to score three touchdowns. Your defense has been in these football games, and you've had issues with the end. We talked about the other day yesterday, you had issues at the end. But there's a sense of belief that they are getting blown out and not even competing in these games they're making Clearly the penalties are an issue here. You've got to be able better at stopping a run, and so far, San Francisco they've shown you. We talked about styles, make fights, and I go back to when we were doing this you work here. Heck, we were doing the show and we talked about and it might have been he was like, San Francisco worries me, Like this is the team that you're going to get in the playoffs and you don't want them. Cowboys got him and they went in an AT and T Stadium and they beat them. But we saw from that day like this team, the way they play, it's an issue. It's remained an issue. They beat them three straight times. Can you fix it? They had the issue with Tampa Bay. They fixed it. But that's the challenge of Mike McCarthy if they get the Niners again as we go in the playoffs. Ultimately, guys, I just would like to dispel some of the myth that the fans have that this team just can't compete at all. Were their biggest issue is really themselves. Who missed the tackle on Kittle? Was that digs that missed that tackle and running crazy and he had a big game. They've got to fix some of these issues amongst themselves, and I think a result could be better. But most of all, you gotta get three touchdowns.
Speaker 4: I would say, I think that's a little I thinks you are competitive defensively when you get into those situations. It's offensively where people I think are seeing like, hey, you guys aren't really competitive offensively when you get into these games against San Francisco, Like no matter what it is, okay, nineteen whatever, twelve seventeen ninth. They offensively what you see in the regular season, having number one offense going through the regular season, probably both times that we lost to them in the playoffs, you were top five in the league in offense, and then somehow once you get into that game, you do not look any thing like you look like during the regular season. Defensively, you showed up, which is why people come out and they say, all right, we're gonna be a defensive team, because offensively you say, all right, we don't have a shot. So I think it's more of like we're competitive in the game. But what you expect to see offensively from our team based off what you saw in the regular season does not happen specifically when you come up against the San Francisco team.
Speaker 3: And let's be honest, the quarterback, especially the last time around, did not have the kind of game needed to win. They missed opportunity, didn't have it.
Speaker 4: They missed a ton of opportunities in t Y Hilton when he was on the team at the end of the season last year, and we saw the impact that he was having in the big plays. But just go back and turn the San Francisco tape on you'll see on the interception of Mike Gallup, Mike Gallup looks like he quits on the route. I mean, there's a lot of disjointment, and I think that's what ended up to Kellen's demise in that last game, because it's like, how can our offense get to this point in our defense is holding them to these points and we can't score touchdowns. And look, I think this this year offensively, if you got to you gotta feel better about the way that Dak is getting the ball down the field. Yes, you're nervous about the running game, but you're seeing that compensate from that with the passing game. Now, can't we continue that trend in the playoffs? That's what makes you nervous. That's what makes you say, Hey, I need a third and one. I cannot throw a crossing route to the tight end on thirty one. I gotta be able to turn around and hand the ball to my running back and he can pick up that one yard for me.
Speaker 2: In the third quarter of a conference game.
Speaker 3: Dalvin Cook couldn't do it. Whoa all right, mich McCarthy mentioned to Your Day he was asked about it. Great respect to Stalvin as you should. And that's it because because he knows what he's been in the battles. Why not. Why not?
Speaker 4: You're at the point where you need mercenaries at this point of and this is funny of your season, you don't think a higher gun is necessary, especially with what we talk about in the running games if you.
Speaker 2: Can benefit off.
Speaker 5: I just don't think he's the back that you know we once saw last year, and I think you have two backs on the roster right now that can probably give you a little bit more preduc then a Dalvin cook.
Speaker 3: Inside the five is well, that's all I'm concerned. I'm concerned about.
Speaker 4: I just don't look at him as being that like that guy, like when I think about power runner putting in the heavy package and all this stuff, I don't see Davin Cookers being that guy.
Speaker 3: Because interest you said that, because Jacque Taylor sat in your seat yesterday IM media match and looked it up and looked up all that he I can't remember the number, but it was a high number of touchdowns and he's run inside to five and in the regular he's in effective back and he can help you. You're right, you need mercenaries. I know Baseball is different. But I go back to the Rangers and how many guys they picked up at the trade deadline, which were very instrumental for them as they won that championship. Who gives a rats ass if this guy is gonna be here for next year or if he's gonna get seventeen carries? Dude, we inside the red zone. We got red zone issues. Can you go get it in there?
Speaker 2: We talked about that yesterday. That's all we need.
Speaker 4: That's all we when we talked about are what's ill? And where are we going to go in the future? Which you keep him here? Oh, we're in the business of getting us a running back. But if I can get a guy right now fighting, because look those old nineties, those nineties Cowboys teams, if you if we got to the ten yard line, you knew who's getting the ball, and he was gonna get the ball.
Speaker 2: And we go get the ball. We don't have that, We don't. We don't have that same connection with out running games.
Speaker 3: When the Rams went out there, brought in Odell Beckham, brought a von Miller. Mercenaries worked what a championship.
Speaker 2: It was a big time mercenaries.
Speaker 3: But they did okay. But at the same time, you know you're not going to get it quote unquote big time mercenary right now. But this guy, for what he can do in his past performance, can you dust him off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I remember once again, you guys are too young for this. When Parcels went out and got got Oja Anderson to come up in there, man made it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: With the Cardinals man Everson Walls another guy people thought, hey, done with the Cowboys. He found a spotful. I'm just saying, can Mike McCarthy find some plays in the red zone where Dalvin Cook can get the ball into the end zone At this point in time, I will take my chances with that before I see them go handing the ball off the hunter Linkey or reco down. Now you've tried that, and you still sitting here like, gosh, that's what And.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised because for y'all, y'all know that's a blaring weakness. You've been talking about this running game to no end. I've been sitting there trying to I'm kind of bad on me, all right, but still.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find something to be positive about.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at this point in the season and I'm like, come on, now, y'all know what we need in order to win. We're gonna have to have see he played like he played against the Lions every single week, and he can't do that. To what you said earlier about the offense and like being comfortable with that getting the ball down the field and all that stuff, the reason I don't feel more comfortable is because outside of Seattle, in our big games against good teams, we have not put up that many points. We're talking about how much any points you need to put up to beat to meet San Fran, you need three touchdowns like we like. Until we are able to consistently do that against the good teams, that still makes me nervous because you're asking a lot from your defense.
Speaker 2: Who you already said has an issue.
Speaker 4: Stopping to run and doing other things like you're gonna expect them to go out there whole teams under twenty points all the way up to the Super Bowl. That's why the pressure is on. That's why the pressure, that's why the pressure is on that because he can't.
Speaker 3: Let's go into our next segment because yeah, heck Maherrison, who has more pressure coming?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 3: Dak press ut or is it Mike McCarthy diving? Is that next week Barry Church? It is?
Speaker 2: They got.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season. Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 4: Hi. I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 2: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 4: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothi bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 3: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The Presscott who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: The Conker Calf National League Finals are coming to a T and T Stadium. Don't miss a chance to watch North America's best soccer teams battling out in the semifinals on March twenty first, my birthday. Then see who lists the trophy in the championship on March to twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: Tickets are available.
Speaker 4: Now at sea geek dot com, the official ticket provider of a T n T state.
Speaker 2: You a competitor extra believe, I love it, Love it. Thank you players.
Speaker 3: Where you will be hate, you will be hat.
Speaker 2: Without it.
Speaker 3: Don't come in here with feeling. We will be exposed.
Speaker 2: My da, I got nothing to do it.
Speaker 8: That role.
Speaker 4: No no, no no, said you said nothing, did nothing else, But you're here, sir Pitt and man over here.
Speaker 3: Okay, stressed shows.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: We've got five minutes. Elect gentlemen, who has more playoff pressure this year? Is it the head coach Mike or the quarterback Rain Dakota Prescott, Barry Church start with.
Speaker 5: Man, man, I gotta go with as as a season played out and we've seen it all go and and dak has become you know, this MVB candidate rightfully, so he's playing unbelievably. So I gotta say, as of right now, it's it's gotta be McCarthy, you know, under the most pressure to at least get a couple under his bill. I understand he's the Super Bowl you know, winning coach, and as far as you know this organization is concerned, I think he has more pressure to get it done. I'm not talking about his legacy as far as his whole coaching career. I'm just talking about being a part of the Dallas Cowboys franchise. I don't know if he'll get asked if he doesn't get one win or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: But as far as pressure is concerned, I got to go with him, because you know, dak has bounced back from those fifteen interceptions.
Speaker 2: You know he had those fantasy interceptions.
Speaker 5: It wasn't you know a great year for him last year he's bounced back in a crazy way becoming an MVP candidate. So I think when you talking about pressure, it's got to be McCarthy at least for this first one.
Speaker 4: I think when you say that McCarthy's already won one, that kind of seals it for me because he's he's the guy that's coming from Green Bay. He's won seven conference he's won those titles. He's he's won a super Bowl. He has a winning record that rivals even active coaches. So I mean, if an All is tonight for him, he still has that, you know, that is winning percentage.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: We came into the season, y'all both was talking about it, y'all talking about Dak. It was on Dak from the beginning. It was, you know, him being able to restructure coming back from the interceptions. He's in a position right now. He's played himself to the position where he is right now, to where he's got to be tasting a championship, Like it's got to be so close to Dak that he can feel it that I'm right here again.
Speaker 2: Win this game on Sunday, two homes.
Speaker 4: I can have two games at home and then possibly go to sev En or have the NFC championship here at home, and I can shut everybody up.
Speaker 2: I can shut everybody up.
Speaker 4: And man, come on, dog haters don't love nothing more than seeing a way nothing but success. When and if he could do that and win a Super Bowl, like I'm serious, like to me, Dak has the pressure on him, but for all the right reasons because if he reaches to the top of that mountain, man he can, he will have proven all of his next said, yeah, I'm next the quarterback of the Dallas Cowards, and it's been a long time since they've had an opportunity this good to make it to the Super Bowl right after you go back to when you were put was an opportunity thirteen and three. But outside of that, when you look back at it, you haven't really had that many opportunities to be number two seed, possibly hosts a few home games if everything works out for you, and then you're in the MVP possible season where you may be having the best receiver in the league, you the best quarterback in the league. And then also the last two years, the part of the team that hasn't showed up has been the offense. Right, so your opportunity now to say, hey, we got all this stuff fixed that came in for the last two years. We got a new offensive coordinator, didn't work with Killer well, so that blame is out of the window. So now we got the Texas Coast offense with Mike McCarthy. This is your opportunity to show that it is your time and you can do it because you know, you go out there, you have another show on like you've had the last two seasons where you had a heck of a season as a quarterback with touchdowns to interceptions, all that stuff, and then you go out there you lay an egg again. Then the questions are like they legit, but like, how more legit can they be? If you've had multiple offensive coordinators, multiple head coach and you still find a way to show up like that? When when is a big time moment? So I think the person's on deck for good reason, because I think it's a great opportunity for him to, you know, to make a real legacy for us.
Speaker 3: So bid and enjoy listen to all three of you, because everybody's making some really good points. I will go with Dak Prescott for the simple reason and Mike McCarthy has won a super Bowl in his career, so if he never coaches again, he can always say I did it and you can't dispute it. He's done it. Dak Prescott has not done it, and there's so many things that are out there for him. They have to restructure his contract. Believe he's making sixty two million dollars next year, so it has to get redone. So the opportunity to go ahead and get you get you a record another record breaking contract is right here for you. So from a financial standpoint, he can he can truly get a big time deal here done. If he wins one playoff game, that'll surpass him for Tony Romo with three playoff wins. And we know the thing that is used against him all the time, what does he do in the playoffs. This is your opportunity to put some wins into the bank and show people that, Okay, I can't go out and win multiple playoff games. He has won one ended Tom Brady's career last year, but people have forgotten about that because of what happened to San Francisco. It's almost as though it didn't happen. So the pressure is on Dak Prescott to be the quarterback that the owner has consistently said he is the right guy to take this team to where they want to go. The opportunities here, Danny. They haven't had an opportunity lined up this well since his rookie year in twenty sixteen when they were the number one seed and they faced the Packers and ended up losing. If they win and should win against Washington, you're the number two seed, You're going to get yourself at least two playoff games at home and if somebody does you a favor A lab Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons when the Cowboys also twenty sixteen, the Falcons were the number two seed. They ended up being able to host the NSEE Championship game down there in Atlanta, and they went to the Super Bowl. So Dak Prescott has all the hopes and dreams that he wants in front of him. Can you win five straight games? You do that, you're a Super Bowl champion starting on Sunday. But it's there, so the pressure's on him. McCarthy's got a ring. If you fire McCarthy tomorrow, he will get a job. Yeah, you best that quick, three twelve and five seasons. Took over the offense this year, and Dak Prescott is going to be a guy who finishes in the top three, top five and the MVP voting. He'll get a job. He will get a job. Dak Prescott has got the pressure, but at the same time he consistently says he welcomes it. But it's here. All the hopes and dreams for him are right here. Will he get it? I don't know. That's why we play the games. But the opportunity is there. And that's what you Danny and Barry, you guys played. That's what you want as an athlete. You want to opportunity, get foot in the door. Opportunity. All right, guys, fun show, fun show. Heck, we'll come back and we'll take these bullets. Tomorrow for day we'll bring we'll bring a vest snow bird. But I'm glad. I'm glad you got to go see see seven seven with me today.
Speaker 2: I saw you it worked today, man, I saw you doing anything. All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, players lounge, Thank you guys. Thanks Chris Being for jumping off the top rope like Jimmy Fly, super Fly Sniop.
Speaker 2: The kicking me.
Speaker 3: We'll do it again.
Speaker 2: My pleasure right here.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys out on the radio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.