Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really miss podcasts Ask me.
Speaker 2: Anything, as I mean, we love these because we love to tempt ourselves with messiness and we get really excited. Always seen these things are going to get like really crazy, and then you know they don't. We have to stop ourselves. Wow, you know because some of the questions are wild.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm here for Thank you again for all the submissions. There were loads to sift through and we got some really great ones. People mixing it up, which we appreciate.
Speaker 1: Very and some are very very interesting. AKA Morris, do you miss me? Of course we miss you, Heather.
Speaker 2: I always miss you, Heather.
Speaker 1: Okay, should we just dive into this. Let's dive into it. I would like to start this off, Okay, Gleick of the Week pod our, fellow podcast.
Speaker 2: Friends, come out if you haven't already. They asked a question for you, Jenna. Oh what is Jenna's dreamcasting of Tina's parents?
Speaker 1: Oh crap, that's a good question. I'm having trouble with dad, Jewish Dad. Okay, I always wanted Sandra to play my mom.
Speaker 2: Oh god's good.
Speaker 1: That was the response. I was like, I could cry, Oh she's so good, it's ridiculous. I'm working on my dad. I'll come back to that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Okay, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Have you ever This is from Lauren and she wants to know, or they want to know, has Kevin ever tried wheelchair basketball?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Did they ever give you the sport wheelchair in the show at all?
Speaker 2: Okay they didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Side note. I was in Munich, Germany a couple of weeks ago, and there was this street shut down, like on a Saturday, and it was there were all these like kids activities and part of it was dedicated to this like ten person, like ten kids and wheelchairs playing basketball and it was the sweetest I can. I sat there, I watched them and they were.
Speaker 1: So good, such a skilly's amazing to be able to play basketball.
Speaker 2: And they were so little, like the chairs are bigger than they were, and they were so good and it.
Speaker 1: Was very Oh god, it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was wonderful to see. Were there any guest stars you wish you had one on one scenes with?
Speaker 1: Ooh?
Speaker 2: I mean all of them, to be honest, I know. I got a one on one scene with Katie Sagall, who played my mom, and that was great.
Speaker 1: That's special.
Speaker 2: I think I would have liked to have had one of those counseling one on one moments with Gwyneth.
Speaker 1: I would have liked to have worked with Kate Hudson more.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know, yeah, Kevin, what.
Speaker 1: About you, Kevin p y t your safety dance, that's tough.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna have to go safety dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Should Glee the Broadway music will be a thing? Oh yes, uh yeah, I think so. I think that would be really cool.
Speaker 1: My brain went very met up. But I think you'd have to be like live in the high school thing, like you'd have to. It would be very like scenes would be them in the car room and things like that, and then break into song like an episode. Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I imagine like tour. First second, I was like, no, no, that's not it. It's like no story driven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, not a question. But Kent Tanaka would definitely sing I'm just Ken from Barbie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know what that's. Oh, I know, I know, I know, I know. I know.
Speaker 2: Well, once you see it, you're going to die because that's okay and incredible a song you can never listen to again because of Glee.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: I mean that's not believing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's a lot though. It just it's like we hear it all the time and when it plays, you run, Yeah, like actually run. Besides Fix You? What other performances did you laugh in? So many?
Speaker 2: So many?
Speaker 1: Fix You was the worst one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We only got in trouble really like twice, and that was one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, like laryngitis, like the climb, Like we're all like trying not to laugh, but it's at the performance, not as a collective like laughing right for no reason.
Speaker 2: Most of the time we were pretty good because it takes a lot of time to shoot these things, right, Like, let's be professional and get it done. Yeah, I'm surprised. We actually can't think of more.
Speaker 1: Everybody in listening to the podcast knows more than we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, we've forgotten. Did the cast watch any episodes together? We watched almost every episode together the first three seasons, three seasons because they were screened so at lunch. There was at Paramount. There was a little theater what a thirty second walk from where our base camp was, and so once a week they would screen the episode that was going to air, either that night or the next day. And it was so much fun because it was cast, crew, writers, the executives. It was a really really fun experience. I brought my dog once. That was great.
Speaker 1: Were you guys singing live on tour? Seems like a lot to keep up with for so long. So here's a little secret. We were generally singing live on tour. A lot of the backup vocals we were not singing live because those were not our voices to begin with. No, there were some nights where you lose your voice, you're sick, you're unwell. We had pre recorded a live version of the song that you could lip sing too. Not nearly as fun to sing, no, but if you had to if your voice went for some reason, you're like, tonight's not the night. Yeah, they could play that.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have to use it for dog days?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't. I think I pushed through no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am not as strong as you, and I definitely had to use it a couple times. Because I did lose my voice because I was out of practice, so your voice just goes. So it was actually like week two or something, and I hated it. I felt like such a fraud.
Speaker 1: M that's okay, it's a hard those are hard songs. You had really hard songs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ooh. Someone said, why wasn't James Marsden Ugly? It would have made so much sense. I would personally, I mean I think personally would we all would have loved that.
Speaker 1: That's one. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a great suggestion.
Speaker 1: So what do you think? Okay, this is a good one.
Speaker 2: Did you all spouses watch Glee before meeting you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean Austin's not my spouse, but yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think you would survive the filming? You'd survive the filming hours you did back then, but now no.
Speaker 2: I think I think so. No. I think just because I was speaking about it, did you feel it in your body for a second immediately? Yes, Yeah, that's really weird.
Speaker 1: It feels like having the first year of Emma being born, like very little sleep and you just are on empty, but you still go. I honestly don't know that I could I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if I could for as long. I think I could for maybe a season.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could, but I don't know if we'd be happy.
Speaker 2: You fair? You know, Yes, I think those are two different things. Yeah, I think you're right. What happened to Matt Rutherford for season one?
Speaker 1: Oh Dejean? I don't think they knew to do with him? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think so either, And I think they wanted another I mean they had to make room for Cord sort of thing. But I don't know. We honestly don't know those decisions were truth really not. We had nothing to do with this, and we never really knew. I figured it was just plot. Will Jenna ever changed her mind about run Joey Run? No, I don't know. You guys, I think we're wearing her down, and I think she'll she can't hear this, it's just between us squirrel friends. I think she'll. I think she'll come around at some point. Oh man, Why was Born this way longer than every other episode?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: It was? It is a ninety minute episode, and I think we must have just been filling in for something else that wasn't airing. We were just there's there got to be a technical reason for it. You don't just have a ninety minute episode for no reason. I just texted in, Okay, great love that for us. Just stay tuned. Who was the craziest off camera? Oh, I would say depended on the day. We sort of like cats. We would get the zoomis that's funny.
Speaker 1: It's so true though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would lose it at some point.
Speaker 1: Half people we like, there were days everybody was in a good mood. There were days that people some people were tired. They're like not today, don't look at me. There are some people that like would get you in a better mood because they were in a good mood. But you're right. It was like we were like feral cats that like, yeah, just it's any day. It was different.
Speaker 2: I think we're just like any environment when you're around the exact same people every day, whether it's school or work. You know, everyone's dealing with their own things in real life outside of the place of business or school and long hours. Yeah, you gotta look out for everyone. So it was it was balanced, I'd.
Speaker 1: Say, definitely, And even one day was a roller coaster. You'd come in like in a tired mood. You'd be like bouncing off the walls by the end of the day, or vice versa. This is a good question. What were your favorite snacks and drinks to have on set and the best thing craft Services had to offer?
Speaker 2: Oh, my craft favorite craft service thing. They had a craft service truck and you could go on and make like your sandwich of like you were a sandwich artist at Subway.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, like a little like they had a yes at Subway. Yeah, my favorite was breakfast in the mornings.
Speaker 2: Don't say the hardbled eggs.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely saying the hard world eggs. They were, but they were whatnot, that's not what It's called deviled eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, the deviled eggs.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I loved hard boiled eggs anyway, So I would eat like a deviled egg and then I would have an actual hard boiled egg with like hot sauce on it. If you were on location, they would have catering, but on for breakfast specifically. It wasn't like the breakfast broad that you had on cater that you had every day on set that had like turkey bacon, bacon egg whites, you know, scrambled eggs. This you they'd take your order, so we would order like breakfast burritos, yes, and that is always my favorite.
Speaker 2: And we weren't on location a lot, so it was a treat. It was a treat, but usually you were sort of eating whatever. It was like walking from your trailer to hair and makeup, so it's not glamorous not it's usually cold. By the time you can actually eat it.
Speaker 1: It's hours later. You're like your first bite of food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you were or because you're in hair and makeup and you can't eat while that's happening.
Speaker 1: And yeah, what episode would did you send into space for aliens to watch to understand mankind?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Lord, the pilot, Pilot, the pilot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when did Kevin get so ripped and hot?
Speaker 1: Wow, you're like I wrote that myself, You're like Neville.
Speaker 2: It was one summer. It was I was turning thirty and it was a three month thing. And so you know how many people I put these before and after photos out and how many people are like, he's on steroids or he's on testotape. Really these are photoshopped? Oh yeah, and Austin, my boyfriend, saw some of the comments and created accounts and went after people. No, because it wasn't. It was just you worked hard, and actually worked hard. I did it, and then I, you know, yo yo the other way. So there we are.
Speaker 1: He did not. It's also really these kind of like transformations that people doing Hollywood are really unsustainable unless you're like in the Marvel Universe. Doing this is a full time job. It is like it's getting a wedding bot. I hate that whole thing, but I did play into some of that, and how hard that is not sustainable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just Kicky Palmert recently was talking about it, and she's like, I need people to understand that, Like this is when I talk about health and wellness for myself, this is part of my job. I want to look like this for my job. So when you see celebrities doing that, it is for their job. That's not why I did it. I just wanted to see if I could and I got to do it for free because I got to post about it on Instagram. So that's also not a realistic expectation because it is expensive to actually pay for all of that and have the time commitment, and I can do that.
Speaker 1: So is it true Kevin that the season three Quinn alreaty storyline was Kevin's idea, so they wouldn't kill Quinn. No, where's that rumor?
Speaker 2: Where did that come? We had no say so on storylines, none, nothing. We showed up and just open our mouths.
Speaker 1: How long does it take to record an episode of the podcast? Well, we usually record a guest podcast episode and a recap in one session, so it's generally somewhere in the two hour window that we will record.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we tried not to have to edit for better or for worse edit too much, so you sort of hear how the episodes are being recorded organically. This is sort of it, you know, a little rough around the edge and then.
Speaker 1: Always rough around the edges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly who did you kiss? And this I don't even know. I didn't read this before I started saying it kiss and to spind the bottle game you played in Kevin's birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. It doesn't it's not that memorable because everybody's just always on.
Speaker 2: At some point everybody kissed everybody, really, I like not that night, but we played spend the bottle so many times, said I.
Speaker 1: By the amount of times that we've done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it wasn't like we were all making out with each other. It was a simple kiss. Yes, if you can't kiss your friends, you know.
Speaker 1: No, totally.
Speaker 2: How were the gleaks of the week chosen? We really had nothing to do with that. There was an incredible PR team at Fox that was working overtime on us, so I assume they had something to do with that.
Speaker 1: What were both of your thoughts in season five and six as a whole? I love you guys. What season five and six?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think we will wait and see, truly, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm actually looking forward to getting to that far because I don't think I've seen I've seen a lot of those episodes, to be honest, I've seen some of them, not all of them, and you'd be I'm interested to watch from this lens in this perspective that I.
Speaker 2: Have now, Yeah, I don't. I also don't think I watched. I feel like I probably watched all of season five. I don't think I watched all of season six. I'm not totally sure some of the songs are live, like Against All Odds or Teenage Dream. Why Teenage Dream was not live? I don't believe No, that was not live.
Speaker 1: Maybe they did it again, but it was not life.
Speaker 2: No, the original version, against all odds usually had to do with story. So a lot of times if they're interrupted, like Jenna, you had to do a couple live because they were interrupted, right.
Speaker 1: You know? They recorded Revolution and we recorded Night of Neglect. Huh, I follow Rivers. We didn't, funny Valentine was live. Yeah, tonight I did record as well. Oh really, yeah, it just sounded live because it was to a single piano. Got it because tonight. But they also had me record where I didn't blow the note, and then they had me record one where I didn't love it.
Speaker 2: If I remember correctly too. Against all odds being live, I wonder if Darren wanted that for some reason and asked to do it live.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it did not happen often, but usually there was a technical reason why. Who was the best kisser on set? O? Well, I you and I already in teenage kissed a lot. So I'll say you, Oh, that's so nice, Kevin, I'll say you, But what's your real answer?
Speaker 1: I don't have one. You. I don't think I kissed a lot of other people to sit the same. I don't I kissed Harry a bunch, but.
Speaker 2: Kissing people on camera is not. But you're not paying attention to someone's really good.
Speaker 1: I did have to make it with Cordy Sam. Jeana and Sam made out and they shot up a close up a bar like lips and tongues, and we really did have to kiss because of this. It's the night we broke into school and it was aggressive. I will say, not cord but the whole experience.
Speaker 2: You were doing what you were instructed to do.
Speaker 1: Totally. It was very funny to do. But I got sucked in by those leads. It's those Droudy lists.
Speaker 2: There are worse things to be sucked in by. Sorry. Has being on a hit TV show changed the way you watch TV now versus before?
Speaker 1: That's a good question, you know. I think being on such a TV show for such a long time, you see nuances and things and you're like, I always think like an actor when I'm watching shows like procedural shows that are like really long, and you're like, wow, I wonder how long their day was, or like that looks like they shot it at six am even though it's supposed to be six pm, or you know, you're just thinking like kind of through the lens of like what it was like on set for them at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the logistics. I do think of the logistics and like, oh wow, that scene was ten seconds. I can't imagine how long it took them to actually film that.
Speaker 1: Though, right right, So, yes, I think it does effect tell you things, but not from Glee specifically.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: How did you guys feel about the Glee project?
Speaker 2: I don't know if we had a lot of thoughts about it. I think it felt a little weird.
Speaker 1: It was so removed from what we were doing. And look, we got Alex Newell out of it. They we've got we got Alex Newell out of it. We got Alex Newell out of it. No, but it honestly, it was like you go a mentor you come back, You're like, I have no idea what's going on over there in this different world that Robert Ulrick is kind of like leading the charge on. And you know, we'd get like a couple couple of characters in from it, or like a one off like Lindsay Pearce or whatever. But like, yeah, it was just so removed from our world at the time and how busy we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've been listening to this podcast, then you know, we didn't really have time to do or think about anything else. Will newer cast members make it on the podcast? We hope to have, oh sure, as many people as possible, So that is our goal to have everyone on at some point, anyone who's willing. So we'll see. There's there's a lot of episodes to get through, so there's no rush.
Speaker 1: True, even though we're at episode seventeen of two already. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: That's nuts? How often were you able to film an NYC in the later seasons and was it actually in the city? So, no, the interiors were not usually once every couple of months. We would have it like a week a weekend, a couple of days where we would shoot the exteriors around the city.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we'd actually also use downtown LA to substitute New York as well. Yeah, so it wasn't It wasn't that often, but we would go there and just do really quick, sort of gorilla style rapid fire around the city. Crazy and sometimes it was cold. Those were long days.
Speaker 1: What's an MJ song you wish you did? Kevin?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so I mean I don't even know where to begin, remember the time, So I love the version of the show. Did Human Nature also would have been Oh yeah, great, great one You Rock My World would have been great. Stranger in Moscow Earth Song, I could keep going.
Speaker 1: Somebody I read in the news today that somebody said that like the tailor of the Swift Swifty era tour Era if you will, is like it's very reminiscent of like Michael Jackson at the time, Like we haven't seen anything like it since Michael Jackson. Do you agree? That's my question for me.
Speaker 2: I think I think that also applies to Beyonce's tour. M I think Beyonce's style performance is much closer to Michaels. But they're both putting on incredibly huge spectacles and sort of doing like what they do best in their own perspective ways sure, and for a stadium, and it's not easy performing for a stadium. It's a really weird place to perform. And I think they are both doing it very very successfully, not even financially because obviously they are just but the actual performance, I think it's artistically and they're both I think serving their fans properly. So I think both of them. I think that's a two person conversation currently.
Speaker 1: No, I that's what I thought of when I I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Also want to say shout out. I don't know if it's true, but I read that Taylor Swift gave fifty five million dollars in bonuses to people that work on her tour and truck drivers, to dancers, to production staff. I think that is an incredible, incredible present my god precedent to set because if a tour is going to gross as much as that tour is going to gross, which is probably well over a billion dollars. I mean, she's been doing this for a long time. She has a lot of money, so she can do that. But I a lot of times people don't get paid nearly what they deserve when they're on tour, especially dancers, and for an artist to sort of take care of their people, it takes a full army. I don't think people realize how truck drivers alone there can be ten to it's fifty trucks to get those stadium Yeah, like I wont to know how many truck drivers Beyonce and Taylor have because those stages are massive. But it's very, very impressive, and I think it is great, and I think I hope other artists that are of her financial caliber and are grossing that much on tours should I hope they follow suit and do that, because you know, you've seen it. Tours a hard life, and you hear it from the musical artists that we have on the show. And if you're able to, you know, and it's expensive, it's expensive to go on tour, and if you're able to like those gigantic, gigantic tours, give some back to the people who help me to happen. I think it's wonderful. Well, Rapid Fire, Jenna, Rapid.
Speaker 1: Fire, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Least favorite episodes so far?
Speaker 1: Oh collect Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A weird one. Dream guest star Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Favorite competition episode? Yeah, is that what it's?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know, yeah, that one overrated Glee song.
Speaker 1: Run, Joey Run.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say that you're evil?
Speaker 1: Is there a group chat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many group chats.
Speaker 1: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Chocolate cake?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, chicken tenders?
Speaker 2: Have you had the chicken tenders at Delilah?
Speaker 1: No, not yet. You've always told.
Speaker 2: Jenna, Jenna, I'm gonna get some for you. Okay, I'm gonna bring them to your house. Chicken, I'll see you this weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to make some chicken tenders.
Speaker 2: Who us how to sing well?
Speaker 1: I had multiple, many, many voice teachers over the years. Amazing voice teachers over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same, Were you guys offended by some of the jokes in the show? Absolutely very fair.
Speaker 2: Ryan wanted Kevin in the wheelchair at all times on tour, but in the movie there was plenty of leg What changed was there? I mean there were six dances, but even behind the scenes when we did like those little drov bits, I was in a wheelchair totally. If I was moving my leg that was not intentional. It's just really bad performing on my part. Okay, two more, Jenna.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. What was your least favorite scene to film and why? Honestly anything in the choir room? And I was kidding. Those choir room scenes though, like the long ones that were like longer than a page or two where Matt is just little like intro, were really hard.
Speaker 2: There was a Christmas episode in a couple seasons where there's the Jesus and the mangered thing and I had to break mustache on and I had a we were all.
Speaker 1: It was very inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a full moultdown. There was also an episode. I think Chris's episode with the dogs was a little difficult. Yeah, okay, cast member. Who made the best drinks? We didn't drink at work.
Speaker 1: What you're talking about, but off offset who made the best drinks? I don't know that we were anybody who's really good at making drinks.
Speaker 2: But Cord could down a beer like nobody's business, and it was very impressive. I love these episodes. I hope everyone else does.
Speaker 1: I know we do. Thanks for writing and everybody you wrote in. I hope we answered your questions. I hope you enjoyed this.
Speaker 2: It's our memories, so we're yeah, we're gonna keep doing it. So, I mean, get specific, get weird. Let's see what we can pull out of the deep recesses of our smooth, smooth brains.
Speaker 1: That's what you really miss. Thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: You keep stealing my line, Jenna.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. No, I know you're not.
Speaker 2: Goodbye. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss POD. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.