Speaker 1: Hello, my loves. This is Lala Kent with Randall, and today we are interviewing one of the most beloved, absolutely wonderful, really handsome gentlemen on Bravo. You may know him from his first or second facelift. He is really funny, very very witty. He has been on million Dollar listing for over fifteen years. I present you Josh Flagg.
Speaker 2: What up Josh Flag? Josh before we dive into Josh Flag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all things Josh Flag, All things Josh. It's going to be one of the most fun episodes ever.
Speaker 2: I agree, because he's funny as fuck.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Thank you.
Speaker 2: So it's a really special podcast for me today because the second season of Real Housewives of Salt Lake just aired on September twelfth, and it has me shaking in my mother fucking nikes. Okay, do you guys watch that show? No, are you familiar with Genshaw? Either of you? Okay, Genshaw from Utah. She is in a lot of trouble because she was running this scheme where she would call people and mostly elderly people. This is what's being pinned on her. Nothing's been proven yet. Let me just put that out there. And she it was like a bunch of different things, like saying, oh you're you know, the I R. S Is contacting you for this, and these old people are like, oh my gosh, and they just give their credit card number or whatever it may be. And what she would.
Speaker 1: Do is other people that were running, yes, other show.
Speaker 2: Real Housewives of Salt Lake season. Okay, so we're reading, I'm reading all of these things. Little did I know they had picked up cameras and caught all of this shit. Okay, So how she made most of the money again allegedly, is that other scam artists would call her and they would pay for her call sheets. Whoever she was calling that were successful, like give me your money for no reason. And by the way, no one ever knew what she did for a living. She had like this fabulous office, this fabulous life, and everyone was like, but what do you do? She could never give a straight answer.
Speaker 1: What was her go to answer?
Speaker 2: There was never an answer.
Speaker 1: I don't do anything.
Speaker 2: Until the reunion and she said that she runs the algorithm. So anytime you see an ad on social media, people pay her to put those ads, like you sell real estate. So maybe a bunch of like furniture places pop up onto your you know whatever. She obviously does not do that. So the beginning of the first episode on Sunday shows her taking a phone call d micing she leaves. All of the fucking sudden, the cops come flying in, helicopters hovering above, and then they do that thing where it's like two months earlier. You guys, this is better than Housewives of Shore going to be season Well, she they did take her to jail. She has said that she will be doing season three, but who knows. You guys look so uninterested in what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, first of all, how can you expect me, over the last hundred and one hundred episodes to ever be to even know what?
Speaker 2: You ever seen an episode of Housewives where there have been helicopter any any?
Speaker 4: I've seen the OC, you know, I've seen the OC.
Speaker 2: Where helicopters are hovering above and the freaking SBI or whatever.
Speaker 4: Rule us this is on the show. Yes, that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Sing We're looking for jen Shaw and everyone's looking at each other, even the camera men are looking at each other.
Speaker 1: Producers are involved, they know that they were filming or just half a quincient old timing.
Speaker 2: What they're saying. They were like, how did they know Jen was here? You know? And there were two cast members that didn't show up to the castle, So they're like one of these motherfuckers must have tipped them off.
Speaker 1: But why so they could watch that's fun, Like why would they not show up?
Speaker 2: Well, it was crazy because she got the phone call and it happened five seconds later.
Speaker 4: What was the phone call?
Speaker 2: We don't know. She gets on the phone, she's like, Okay, what's happening. She looks at her friend and goes, you need to take my mic off of me right now. And they're like setting up cameras, Like the camera crew is in there.
Speaker 4: I got to see this. That's that's crazy. That's crazy. That's that's a helicopter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, yeah, helicopter.
Speaker 2: I mean she scammed millions of millions of dollars from these old people.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't allow someone like that back on the show for another season though, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't say Bravo confirmed it, but I've heard through my Bravo Cults people Jen Lake is like fully down to do another seasons.
Speaker 4: That she won't come back. They won't because we.
Speaker 2: All have skeletons in our closet.
Speaker 1: But people, after calms, you're not coming back to helicopter.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: If the FBI is walking with the jackets on, you're you're you're not coming back.
Speaker 2: Oh they rolled in deep trust me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jed, No, that's Jens last season.
Speaker 3: The Bravo is a big network with a with a big studio.
Speaker 2: And oh my god, I love this. So for the first segment is spill the Tea. We spilled the tea, Josh, thank you for an epic intro.
Speaker 3: Yes, now we actually have to go in your segment, Josh, and have you as our guests.
Speaker 2: We'll be back after a quick break with Josh Flag. We are back and we have Josh Flag. You know him from Million Dollars Listing.
Speaker 4: LA and be honest, my favorite shows tell the truth.
Speaker 2: I think it's most people like even if you're not like down with Bravo, you're not in the Bravo cult, you tune in to watch Million Dollar Listing.
Speaker 1: Yes you do. And we've been doing this for fourteen years.
Speaker 2: I can't even believe that that's insane.
Speaker 1: And that's a long time. I cannot believe that the U is.
Speaker 4: That the longest running reality show.
Speaker 2: I think the only other one is the Actor.
Speaker 1: Studio may Have. Oh that's not on the air either anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's going to be one of the top. I mean for sure. Fourteen years is absolutely.
Speaker 2: Have you seen my porn by the way, your porn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, million dollar fisting.
Speaker 2: I actually only knew about a million dollar listing because you've been fisting for seasons. Right.
Speaker 1: I just want to because a lot of people that have not known about my porn, I'm promoting it now.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna check it out some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: So as a fan of this show, I have to say because I watched New York and obviously Beverly Hills is the key for us because we live here. Just take us through, like for people that don't know reality, like what the process like. Because for me, I run a business like you, like, my livelihood is not reality. My livelihood is making movies. And since I've had a kind of come on to her show a little bit, it definitely skews with my schedule like my business, but this it feels like it feeds it perfectly. Like being on a show and selling homes does it work. Is it difficult at times? Is it frustrating or is it easy and just kidding?
Speaker 1: The best energy ever. I mean it's like, well, first of all, I mean the show is amazing because you think about like a normal real estate agent whatever, like pays all this money to advertise the cover of the La Times and it is like that whatever, like this is free advertisment. You can't ask for better. Totally, It's like the greatest thing on earth.
Speaker 3: It's like for you, law we talk about that all the time, like you being on the show as a promotion for all your brands.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, no, of course.
Speaker 2: So how long have you been a real estate agent?
Speaker 1: Since I was eighteen? Oh shit, yes?
Speaker 2: And holding out twenty one too. He's on fire, he is on fire. Okay, so you were obviously a real estate agent long long before the show appeared.
Speaker 1: It was sixty nine months. I've been like, yeah, I've been broke since I was eighteen, and I've been on the show that since I was twenty two twenty one.
Speaker 3: Wow, holy shit, oh my god, I grew up on television Myself's.
Speaker 2: Amazing because they just come to you, I know, for me being on vander Pump Rules it's because I was a hostess and it was based on the restaurant that I was hostessing at with you guys, did you know the other people that are on the show. I know there's been like you didn't know you knew them?
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh that's I didn't know that I didn't know you guys all like you all worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean, I mean it would like if you were a host in one restaurant, you wouldn't know a host in another restaurant, right you were, Well maybe you would, I don't know, like maybe like like the top hosts in town know each other, all buddies of each other. It's like the host crew, but like in real estate, of course you know your top competitor.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys all knew of each other or knew.
Speaker 1: Those people are no longer on the show though.
Speaker 4: Who's who's left on the show from the original nobody?
Speaker 2: Just you're the only oge.
Speaker 4: Wow, we got.
Speaker 2: To when when did Josh Altman come in?
Speaker 1: Five years later?
Speaker 3: But you guys, when I watched the show, despise each other. And lately I've seen on the GRAM that you guys are like buddies.
Speaker 4: What buddies?
Speaker 3: So how did you go from like wanting to destroy one another? I mean it was we fucked. Okay, that settles that.
Speaker 1: So that's how we became friends again.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Was it one night or was like over a weekend?
Speaker 1: It was like a weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Wait, hold on, what do you mean again? You guys got along at the beginning. You say you got along at the beginning. You said we became friends again.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, sorry, we did not get along in the beginning.
Speaker 2: We did because he sold. Is that why you didn't like him?
Speaker 1: Because what he sold more houses than you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, was he better than you?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't about that. He just sold a different caliber home than I did.
Speaker 4: Explain.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, time out, because now like to hear this, Yeah, define caliber difference.
Speaker 1: Let's see I sell. Let's see. If I was to relate it to a fine wine, I would say that I sell twenty thirteen Opus Napa Valley red wine. I would say that he sells a what is that ship called Franzia Franzia Fransier. Now that's that's that's a little abdumb's that's generals cubuc chalk. Yeah, Oh, he is very good at it.
Speaker 2: It sells the screw off top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is very good at it.
Speaker 4: Yes, but today I assume he sells the same.
Speaker 1: Level he's upgraded to Corbell.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's still not selling opus.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me just because I like numbers and I'm a numbers person. Be in the movie business, and explain to me the highest price home you ever.
Speaker 1: Sold forty million?
Speaker 3: And when and when and when you sold a forty million home? Yeah, for me, like when I made my biggest film of my career, let's say Irishman or something, it is a big moment for me in my life. Do you celebrate the day you get that listing or celebrate the day you sell it? Is there a big moment or it's just like, oh, business as usual.
Speaker 1: I started buying a lot of art when I started doing really well when I was younger, I didn't but at that, but now I don't really celebrate moments. I don't really know. I don't celebrate moments. But when I started in the career, that's when I would start treating myself to like, you know.
Speaker 4: Special moments.
Speaker 3: So but but a forty million dollar home, that's like, is there only a very handful of like select candful of buyers. Do you have to go out to a mass Like, how do you sell a forty million dollar home?
Speaker 4: Just curious? Is there? Is it? Just put the sign in the front yard and show up run. I don't know. I mean, I don't know know.
Speaker 1: I advertise at the at the market. You know, I have a on the shopping car holding a dull lapdog.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to understand, like being the best of the best in this world, what separates you to be able to sell forty million dollars home versus somebody who can't sell million.
Speaker 1: You know, one percent of us do ninety nine percent of the business, So it's not just you know, there's ten of us that do this and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I've had upper hand, like I grew up here, so that helped, right, But I also a lot of people think I just had an upperhand and I didn't do anything else. There's a lot of people I grew up with that went to school that like do nothing these days right now, That's very true, So you have to do something with that. I have an innate knowledge about real estate that most people, well most people don't care about half the stuff that I know, right, But it translates when I'm on a listing appointment or when I'm with somebody and they want to know about real estate and they asked me about it, and like they're just like blown away with the shit that I know, which half of it is useless information, but they know I know my stuff.
Speaker 2: Right now, I have to say when I decided to be a normal person for five seconds and I moved back to Utah, I decided that I wanted to get my real estate license, and I was so fucking bored. I was like, I cannot do this. How am I supposed to care about any of this? So the fact that you are as successful as you are and you know all the shit, that's pretty incredible, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's incredible, it's just what I know. Like, you know, I don't have a lot of talents. I'm good at certain things, right, I'm like an idiot savant, but maybe just I'm an idiot, you know. I know, like like what I know well and the other stuff I'm I can't even spread on a idea.
Speaker 3: Did you always like the movies? I like I always tell you, I don't know anything else.
Speaker 4: I just know what.
Speaker 2: I were hard. Like, yes, it was a lot of information that I just could not I just couldn't grasp it. So at what point did you were you always interested in real estate? Like what made you choose that?
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, my sister was really close friends with Fred Savage from the Wonder Years.
Speaker 4: And so Fred Savage is a huge pickleball player, by the way.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, absolutely shows up the tournaments the whole day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next time you see him, Yeah, go ahead. So when I was a kid, so I went to Brentwood School and my sister went to Brentwin. I remember when I was a kid, Fred told me, you know, you got to be an agent when you get older, Like not like William Moore's kind of agent, not like a you know, endeavor, not like a real estate agent. I got, this is a great idea, right, Okay, it's not. I'm going to be an agent. So I'm held everybody for ten years. I'm going to be an agent. I'm be an agent.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Right now I'm like fifteen years old or whatever, I still want to be an agent. So my uncle was a pretty big upper guy at William Morris at the time before it was William Morris Endeavor. And so he goes, well, if you want to be an agent, who who done to Mosquito? He was originally at Columbia a star and then he went to yeah, and so then he so he goes, we got to start reading a variety. Okay, I go, this is fantastic. So mom and Dad gave me a risk, you know, subscription a variety. So first variety comes, the second variety comes. It's like a stack of rise. It's you know, like you know, like forty varieties, and rye and open the collecting cobwebs. And my mom goes, what the fuck are you gonna be an agent? You don't even want to open. You don't care about this shit. You're not going to be an agent. So we canceled that dream. She crushed my dreams. And then I thought I would become an architect. Well then I realized I didn't want to build houses for other people. I just want to do that kind of stuff for myself. And so I thought to enough, what can I do? I love design, I love people. Put to tuo together, you know, design houses people. You get a real estate agent, and so that was that.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: That was that.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: So he became one at eighteen.
Speaker 1: I became in real estate agent eighteen.
Speaker 4: And you failed fairly. You failed the test the first time.
Speaker 1: Raid on gas gets you every time. That was the question, what is it radon gas? Exactly? You don't need to know about it exactly?
Speaker 2: Okay, what was the first What was the first check you got from your first home that you were like, okay.
Speaker 1: On the corner of Alpine and Sunset, it was how much cherry famous the check?
Speaker 4: Really? Now, how much was the house for sale?
Speaker 1: What was the check for Well, at the time it was six million, but keep in mind at the time six million was the equivalent of like a twenty million dollars. It was a very famous. It was a lime green painted house that was burned down in the eighties, zoned by a chic and I had pubic hair on on the statues. You know about this.
Speaker 2: It's really famous, intentional pubic hair on the stage.
Speaker 1: So she bought the property. It was a very famous was he painted a lime green and put naked statues all around the property and painted them all green and put like like hair all over it. It was like a whole thing. It was a big deal in Beverly. It was called the Sheik's Property. It's world famous. Okay, if you look at the Steve Martin movie was filmed there, the one with that. It was called the The Whatever. It was a very famous movie.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it burned down. The neighbors burnt it. Anyway, So I sold half of the lot. Wow sale. And because I always believed in like felicity, so the first thing I did was I called I was still at Beverly Hills High School at the time, so I called up Ruthie Ryan at the Ballet Times, who was this old woman who's probably dead now, who was the basically the hot property person. She wrote all the articles on the sales. And I called her, but I said, put an article the paper. It says eighteen year old sell Sheek's property.
Speaker 4: Boom. I was done, and that was it. Wow, Wow, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: And what did you do with your first check?
Speaker 1: I bought a calder.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, you're like really serious guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like my art.
Speaker 4: I was going to say.
Speaker 1: I mean that I starting collected. And then I bought another calder, and then another I started having quite a few calls.
Speaker 4: I got your age to do that. That's very sea.
Speaker 1: It was kind of weird at it, like nineteen having a called her.
Speaker 4: You know, like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: But you came from a pretty incredible family. Yeah, that remind me Edith. She was in fashion. Yeah, your grandmother. Yeah, so you probably grew up very differently than most people. You saw, like things like art work.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I didn't see those things growing up in.
Speaker 1: Utah about you, but not necessarily because I grew up. All the kids I grew up with I would assume had the ability to see nice things and things like that. I don't think they cared about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: That's the difference, right because at eighteen, I mean I grew up in the arts from a young age. I went proming art hide school, so I learned about art in high school and then into I went to art school for college.
Speaker 4: So I was lucky.
Speaker 3: But I think, but I do think a lot of people, I think you're right at eighteen around me didn't give a shit about art.
Speaker 4: I give a shit about art because I was around artists.
Speaker 2: But I just noticed most of my friends that were privileged.
Speaker 4: In did they know about high school.
Speaker 2: Like their families who were buying nice pieces, they tend to be away. Yes, like me, I'm fucking going to z gallery and buying a picture of a zebra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have a heart attack, and I happen.
Speaker 3: See me in college, I was hanging you know, Keith Haring posters, you know, and Andy Warhol post.
Speaker 1: I bought my first Keith Hearing when I was twenty like that was you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, see that's young.
Speaker 3: I bought my first key Thearing Anne Warhol at twenty seven. But like you at twenty seven, I'm fifty. So at twenty seven, you know, I made like you.
Speaker 4: I made.
Speaker 3: I made six or seven million dollars overnight back then, which would have been.
Speaker 4: Like twenty yeah. And I I old you said, twenty seven twenty eight money. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing is I wasn't as disciplined to shoot. I was living up the life and going out and doing all that stuff. Ferrari, yeah, because I.
Speaker 1: Was on the wrong with my Ferrari. If you buy the right Ferrari.
Speaker 3: Bought, I always bought it good. I always bought the ferraris good, and I always sold them good. That's one thing I was with cars.
Speaker 4: But I wish I would have bought a shit ton more art.
Speaker 1: Well we all do I hello, like before COVID, I mean, I mean, would you have thought that? You know, I never went up sixty five times?
Speaker 3: Never, never, you know, I'm going to tell one story. I'm you know, like, I'm a fanatic with Andy Warhol and Keith Haring specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I when I was twenty seven on it first spend money. I was in New York in college with these posters I used to have in my wall. I was like, finally I can afford these artists. And I and I went to the Art Gallery Hamilton, right, Hamilton, Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, But there's a funny story, and I bought this thing called any Mouse.
Speaker 4: There were four pieces.
Speaker 3: It was a collaboration between Keith Harring, Andy Warhol and one of the few that have their signatures and has dollars signs with Mickey Mouse bab Bah. So I went in and they had the four pieces and they're like, we'll sell you all four for like eighty k and I was like, that's even though I had all this money, I was like, that's a lot. Back in the day, that's a lot. But I'll take one. So I bought one for twenty.
Speaker 1: You split up the set or they were just split up the set.
Speaker 4: Oh, hold on, it gets worse.
Speaker 3: So I end up selling a few years later for whatever reason, at twenty nine or whatever, I just decided I'm gonna get rid of this, and I saw it for like sixty or seventy K two years three years ago. I call up all over the world and I'm trying to find Andy Mouse one, two three four. I think they're going to be you know, like one hundre hundred and fifty, they're going the set for a million to million seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to jump off. You fucked Yea, I fucked up? Yeah, I fucked up.
Speaker 1: Try selling a goal wing before you knew it was going to become a two million.
Speaker 3: Dollar or an Enzo Ferrari when they used to be four hundred k and now they're three million, three and a half million.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things I go back, but art is like one thing I've learned. If you just keep it, then you don't ever have done.
Speaker 2: Is that your go to? Like when you get a big check, do you always treat yourself?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, I don't really do the I don't. I'm a compulsive buyer of things at auction.
Speaker 3: Oh are you?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I've just discovered my friend Candy Spelling is also a compulsive buyer of things at auction. I know this now because it's like three or four in the morning. We will call each other while we're watching Criminal Minds. That's our favorite TV show.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite shows, especially when they get on the G five fifty at the end after like and.
Speaker 1: They do that poem with that I don't know what is that stupid poem thing at the end every time.
Speaker 3: When when when the darkness sets, just show me the fucking blood.
Speaker 1: I don't want to with the darkness.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm very close with Randy Spelling. Oh really yeah, very close since he was fifteen.
Speaker 4: Were like friends.
Speaker 1: Corry and I are very close and Candy and Ivery, no.
Speaker 2: We know you're really close because we see all of your dinner parties on Instagram that Randall and I are never invited to.
Speaker 4: We would never and I never leave.
Speaker 2: My house, but I would come to your house.
Speaker 1: You can come.
Speaker 2: I'm I never have. I have fomo every time I see somebody, but.
Speaker 3: I love to Tory was a friend forever. They both but Ranny and I have stayed in touch ever since and.
Speaker 1: Heard the next one.
Speaker 4: And their dad was a big mentor to me.
Speaker 3: Wrote my first letter of recommendation how I got my first job in Hollywood? Really the best story ever. So I have the letter framed from an ear How did you know him? Uh?
Speaker 4: This goes way back. So Mark grew up here. I did not.
Speaker 3: I moved here from film school after I graduate film school twenty three and Mark Wahlberg, who is my one of my best friends, went and met Aaron Spelling at the house for a job for a TV show and.
Speaker 4: We met Randy. When when is marky Mark turning into Mark Walden?
Speaker 3: He transformed when he was transitioning transitions and and uh and he and he ended up not doing this particular show, but we became friends with Randy. We're playing basketball and we just kind of all the kind of knew each other. And then I put Randy in a movie, in his first film that he had ever done. And uh, I was the one who called Randy when his dad died. He didn't know crazy, I'll tell you that. Yeah, we we I talk about it. And he's a life. He was on a plane coming back from Florida and my mother called me and said, I read something that that Aaron. I remember, these are the days where like technology wasn't his, you know, fast, And I said, there's no way. And so I text Randy, are you okay? I don't know if this is.
Speaker 4: True or not. But but and when he landed he had found out and.
Speaker 1: Well he knew he was fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but he but I mean yeah, but but so so that's how I met Randy, initially through mark et cetera. And then Aaron just became a mentor. And and when I needed a job and I was broken, had no money, Aaron said, this is what you need to do. You need to go to an agency and start there because that's the center of the universe. Because he knew I wanted to be in the movie Morris, I went to I C. M. And he said, go type up a letter and and.
Speaker 1: And have you sign it.
Speaker 4: Yes, so so the letters signed.
Speaker 2: Funny that both of you guys need to write the letters.
Speaker 1: So I say, write whatever you want to sign it, right.
Speaker 2: This is so no, you both got the start to where you ended up with someone telling you just be an agent. We don't know what that means, but just agent is still.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you the letter says when because my mother has a frame that says without Randall's creative support on nine o two and zero in Railrose Place.
Speaker 1: You probably never even saw the book nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And then and then he signed, he signed it, and I went to ICM and Torri was represented there at the time, and Nick time.
Speaker 1: She's still she still is. We have the same agent.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's so funny. It's a Nick Stegn who's that's now was there? Nick brought me right in. He's like this, right, you're hired. He's like, can you type? I knew nothing like I was like the worst assistant ever at that age. H But anyway, so all that, so there's this whole thing and and and uh and and I'm utterly grateful because if Aaron hadn't writ that letter, who knew if I would have ever got.
Speaker 4: My first assistant job at I seem and went off to you know, do things like.
Speaker 2: That, to do the irishman correct.
Speaker 4: Wow, another thing.
Speaker 3: So, and Randy's a life coach who I call, yeah, yeah, who I call many times for advice and support because he's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really know Ranny, I know, I just know. I just know his mom and I know Tori obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh this is the greatest thing ever. So I go over to the Panose. It's like, we go to dinner, we go to Craigs, and I'm like, you want to play some gin? She's like, yeah, she's she's a.
Speaker 4: Big card player.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh yeah, Andy's a good card player. Well no, no, no, she hadn't played in thirty years. But this shows you how good she is because she caught on a one second. No, she plays poker.
Speaker 3: I played poker poker, but like professionally, don't play with her.
Speaker 4: I play on TV. I have forty six episodes of progra After Darkness.
Speaker 1: Late to film you and Candy playing poker.
Speaker 4: I have better than that.
Speaker 3: So I'll be in Vegas for the World Series of Poker, which is next month, usually in June, but they moved it because of COVID. How about this, she should come play on one of the episodes on Pokera after Darkly.
Speaker 2: Would she do that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Would she? Really? They would love, I swear to god, they would love. They would love to have her, but.
Speaker 1: We first have a first game just the two of you at the penthouse. Will go this week, okay, to dinner.
Speaker 2: I don't play poker, but can I come and drink Perryer at her?
Speaker 1: No, we don't drink perio. We drink other things. So what happens.
Speaker 2: You guys can drink whatever you want the greatest, But if you allow me to drink other things, I'll burn herhouse.
Speaker 1: No, you're not drinking. So this is the great thing because you know she and I but like she knows how closely am with Tori, and Toy knows that I'm close. Like we have totally separate relationships, and you know, they have their issues and whatever, and hopefully that'll get worked out. But they both and by the way, it's not as bad as people make it sound, right, It's really not like that, Like they can call each other and talk on the phone. But anyway, So we go to craig As we go upstairs to we go upstairs to the panels and I go, I really like a glass of wine. She goes great. So we go to the wine cellar and I'm immediately thinking I can't pick a fucking bottle of wine out candy, spellings, wine cellar. It's gonna be like everything's shot to lafeet, like littory can you can you pull up the photo?
Speaker 4: Are you stop? So when this should be?
Speaker 1: So we go over there.
Speaker 4: This should be my poker room.
Speaker 1: So candy like this wine. But she's not like a drinker, but you know, and she just you know whatever. So she goes, she goes, let's go buy something, let's go find something. I go, okay, So I go in there, she goes pick something, and I go, I don't know what the fuck. I can't pick any of this. Everything is shot to lafeet and shut to livero and petrus. Well what the do you want to do? Right? And so she's like, just pick something. I don't even know what half of the ship is. I bought it for Aaron in the nineteen eighties. Half of it's probably spoiled. So I'm like, oh my, okay. So she has little tags like you know how your little tags on your on your wine, so you you don't have to pull each one out of the thing. So it's latour ptrus.
Speaker 4: This is what.
Speaker 1: So I go for an earlier only because not because I thought it was going to spoil. So I thought, like, let's get something earlier that's like almost on the verge of spoiling. So I don't feel badly, right, So I picked out a shout so look to her nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, this is just a.
Speaker 3: Casual size, right, This is like special occasion for ninety nine percent of the world.
Speaker 1: Nine percent of the world. This is probably a three thousand of wine.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: I literally go, I can't drink. She's like, we're gonna throw this shit away. It's probably all gone by now, you know. So there we are. It's just me and Katie drinking Chattel Latour on a Sunday night, playing Gin Rummy.
Speaker 4: I can't you know.
Speaker 2: I definitely so badass. I want to die and come back as you too.
Speaker 3: And the old, the old spelling manner when I was young and then broke, you know, Randy and I, you know, when after we.
Speaker 4: Did the movie, we used to run around that house and.
Speaker 3: Shenanigans in the bowling every day and and uh and and our friend Dave Wintrub.
Speaker 4: Was there every day. I mean, it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: I remember Kevin Sands living toy Kevin Sands with Tory at the time and get married.
Speaker 1: Wait no, no, it was the first note. Wait who was the was it David Wheer who did that show?
Speaker 3: Who was Son of Hollow? Was on the show Sons of Hollywood? Was it was Sean Stewart Stewart Randy and Sean Dave? Yeah, yeah, oh yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was crazy times and Kevin, Sans and Tory lived together down on Wilshare in the Green Building.
Speaker 1: Which they owned. Candy bought that apartment there.
Speaker 3: Right and by the way, I was when I was struggling and broke, and I used to go there and go out with toy and and Kevin.
Speaker 4: I used to dream of like getting a place there.
Speaker 3: When I first made money, I made an offer on a unit there and I was about to close and then last minute I was like, maybe I'm over paying a million one.
Speaker 1: You're an idiot.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: My mom's mom used to live in that building. I grew up going that building. Really, it was called the Wolfshire my dad's mom, the one that was on the show My mom was mom.
Speaker 3: It was the only building on La Sure Babe that that the elevator opened up in the unit before the rend of Before but the greatest thing was this, so for the other one.
Speaker 1: So my mom's mom moved in the building in nineteen ninety six when it was the brand new like it was the brand spanking new building that was the hottest thing in town. And then eventually they sold the place because they went to another building, which is really great, also on the quarter where a lot of their friends lived. It's actually a co op, which is the only co off in La It's really strange. So they went there was all Hillcrest people, right, so there's all country go So they moved there. Whatever. So ten years ago, my grandparents' apartment comes on the market for sale and I go in there. They'd gutted it and made this contemporary. There's blow all over the play. Literally there's rails everywhere I saw, there's like underwear. I was. I was literally thinking to myself my grandfather wished he was still alive.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's amazing, amazing. Wow, it was great.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were interconnected and yeah, so Crafter Dark at the Penhouse. We're going to do it this week.
Speaker 4: We're good at I love it. She knows I play. I mean, I'm in Vegas almost October. I don't have to play. I don't even know catch on.
Speaker 2: You're a quick You're a quick learner. Anything for candy spelling. He's going to learn how to play fucking generate.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, she's aker player. I'm the gin player.
Speaker 4: She really a poker player. I mean, I'm shocked. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: I literally called me that. I was like, I'm really upset. My partner fucking canceled tonight in the game. Do you know anybody wants to play with Oh my god, this is.
Speaker 4: Like I fly to I mean sell him. I mean, I'm fly to Florida for tournaments, Vegas for time. I mean I'm obsessed, Yeah, yeah, obsessed.
Speaker 2: Poker and pickleball. Randall is obsessed.
Speaker 4: I mean, we start the World Series, allow Randall.
Speaker 2: To go play poker because I take ten percent of his winning.
Speaker 1: That is true right the way, Baby, You know this is what I've assumed. She does not said I play big, but I listened to the way she talks about about.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm a purist about so I'll play any stakes. But what I love is somebody that loves poker.
Speaker 2: Will be right back. We're back with Randall. What's up, dude? And Josh Flag and we are going to pivot to things that I understand, which are all things Bravo.
Speaker 1: Everything that's not the last twenty nine minutes.
Speaker 2: No, I actually learned a lot. I actually learned a lot in the first segment.
Speaker 1: Take home from Today that I need to get out.
Speaker 2: And meet more people because I don't know one of the people that you're talking about. Okay, but I do know all the spellings.
Speaker 4: So she's you don't want you to end. By the way, we just went to miametrou Story and Lala.
Speaker 3: Usually when we go out of town, we'll kind of hunker down and chill, and this trip she went out three nights in a row, which is so not like her. And she said, I had such a fun time. I want to get out more in La. Yes, so this could be really.
Speaker 2: Good socialize, meet people, mingle a bit.
Speaker 4: With that being said, pivot for us, pivot.
Speaker 2: Oh, we've already done the pivot. We've done a pivot to Okay, I'm coming to one of your dinner parties. All that I care is that Sonia Morgan is there. So I just told your assistant, who's one of my good friends, or to have.
Speaker 1: There anymore she destroyed everything in our house. Last time she came, it was thirty six thousand dollars to fix it.
Speaker 4: What, oh, this is for real.
Speaker 1: Literally she comes to the weekend, it's thirty six thousands.
Speaker 4: Break it down for us, No, pun intended to break it down for us.
Speaker 1: Oh, I leave the bathtub on, you know, the bathtubs on, I mean all night long.
Speaker 2: You know, she work up, she forgets to turn it off twice. Come on, she what did your house because of she left the bathtub on?
Speaker 4: Yes, because she was sleeping.
Speaker 1: That was That was thirty thousand. I mean the insurance claim was like three hundred thousand. That was thirty thousand off pocket. Then there was what was the thing she did?
Speaker 4: Oh the car?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well what one of my nineteen sixty vintage Rolls Royce convertibles. It was like thirty grand. I mean she left the motor running all night long. So then the thing like busted. It was horrible.
Speaker 4: That was a bad one.
Speaker 1: That was a three day period. What oh yeah, so Sonya even she was nothing was like three hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: It's Sonya not invited.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she's invited back, just under supervision. But see, the thing was Sonya's I've been best friend for like fifteen years, you know, just like Sonia's like I'm gonna come for the weekend, right, okay, Well and turns into two and a half weeks. You know, it's all or nothing with Sonya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all in white?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm not obsessed with very many people.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my god. Beyond Sonya and Liza and Li are like my two.
Speaker 4: Like watching for me, that's a that's a whole other level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so we is Million Dollar is Million Dollar Listing airing right now?
Speaker 1: Million Dollar Listing is on right now? Episode three I believe coming this week.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I can start watching out because yes, yes, I can't do the whole thing where you got to wait the whole week to wait for the next episode. So I wait for a few to come out. What is it like having that Frederick Man on? He's pretty fabulous? Right? No, really, no he is not.
Speaker 1: He's absolutely not. Okay, So he made you think that.
Speaker 2: Because I him. I just I watched Million Dollars Listing La or I mean New York. Yeah, and there was just like the accent and just like the he looks and walks and the way he puckers his lips and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: God, Okay, so Frederick is a nice person now not nice now very successful.
Speaker 1: Now now yeah? Yeah, very successful?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he has all the the developers, right. Is that his thing? Yes?
Speaker 3: So he gets the building before it it goes to anybody. He takes over the whole building sells like he gets it early.
Speaker 4: Is that the deal? I'm just trying to know.
Speaker 1: There's other people who do. He's just a good publicist. He gets his name out there because there's a lot of very successful people that do this.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's new to LA. Yes, why did he come here?
Speaker 4: He lives here?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: He lives here.
Speaker 4: Now he's on the LA show.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's his first season.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately that's what people were like, Holy shit, I mean.
Speaker 1: All of us are extremely upset with them on the show this season. I mean, it's just what I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand why why yes exploded?
Speaker 2: Without giving away storylines, obviously the drill baby?
Speaker 4: Can I some one thing? When I watch Billion Dollars in New York?
Speaker 1: He's a terrible person.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, do we get to see it on the show.
Speaker 1: It's coming soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Frederick not your favorite we're going to see on the on the new season this season.
Speaker 1: That's out right now, See all four of us, not one person on the show is happy with him this season.
Speaker 4: Is he successfully selling here?
Speaker 1: It was a big no, absolutely not. And I'm believe this is not like a pity there, what like a jealousy thing like he's extremely.
Speaker 4: Successful in New York.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, I don't want to regurgitate my lunch. Let's talk about something else.
Speaker 2: All right, we're making another quickvot pivot. Yes, you have a YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do have a YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: But I mean I should make the greatest late night guess like if Letterman was still on the air, you and Letterman would have just been.
Speaker 2: But I want to know what you're doing. This is a podcast about our guest. So you have a YouTube channel that you didn't know you had, which I'm letting you know that you do, Yes, you do interviews?
Speaker 1: Yes, And like what is the vibe of it? The vibe of it is I just anything I can't do on TV that I that I would like to do that you know would make me cancelable. I try and do a little bit of it on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like a podcast I mean, so we know.
Speaker 1: So I do celebrity interviews, I don't do it. I don't do a podcast like for se what we're doing here. What I generally do is I interview celebrity friends of mine and I put it on my Instagram, on YouTube and whatnot. But it's a lot more casual and it's it's not just audio obviously, it's visual. So right, I'll have you know, whatever, like I'll have for people anyone from like Paula Abdul to Charro to Recur. But my friend spectrum is like over all over the place, you know, I like that candy spell whatever like people like that. And then I just, you know, I just shoot the ship with my friends in my living room and I film it and that's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's very casual. It's not like I don't even have a set of questions on it.
Speaker 2: You just wing it.
Speaker 1: We just wing it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like what we do on the podcast. Yeah, it's not really a format. You just kind of say, like, I just want to talk to my friend.
Speaker 1: That's all it is. It's just me just wanting to talk talk to my friends. And I have a guy filming it.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you ever get nervous when you're on your show that behavior that you display is going to risk clients coming to you and being like I want you to sell my house or I'm trying to buy a house, or do you just say fuck it?
Speaker 1: No, I'm pretty good at censoring myself.
Speaker 2: Really No.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, no, I'm pretty good. I's censoring myself on TV, right, I mean being No, I've never really had a problem where I've like, you know, had a client on the show or a house or whatever and people got really upset.
Speaker 4: I have a question.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been in a moment where okay, the process of like bringing a client onto the show, you go to the client, you say, hey, look I'm going to be selling your house. It's going to help, it's going to be a good look for you. We appear on the show. And I'm sure a lot of people want.
Speaker 4: To be on the show.
Speaker 3: They want to be able to realistic. Has there been a moment where that client became a real nightmare? And yeah, I don't need to know the exact client, but did it ever goes so bad? Was there ever something so bad? Gnarly?
Speaker 4: Why the cameras are there and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: It's one of those I mean, we have some crazy fox on our you know, I mean we have some Generally, the ones that you know are on the show are actually more normal than the ones that are not on the show, mostly because those people that we do not have on the show know that they're insane and would not want to put themselves.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a yes.
Speaker 1: So the ones that are on the show are a little bit more aware that you know they are being filmed and yeah, and are a little bit more on their best behavior. Most of my clients are insane.
Speaker 2: Right, and they know they're insane. They don't want to be filmed. They don't want I always wonder that because it's almost like below Deck. I don't know if you watch it, but I'm like, the second these people, these like normal people sign on to go on this boat, like the people are part of the show, can just talk mad shit on them and like really embarrass them. So I wonder if someone comes to you and says, help me sell my house or whatever, if they're like I could be spoken about in a very ill way when I'm.
Speaker 1: Not amer you have to be aware of yourself and be aware of this around. Is you alad to know that shit could go either way?
Speaker 2: Well you are, but some norm who's like, sure, I guess I'll be on the show.
Speaker 1: Because you're probably not going to be on the show because you're not insane. You're just not going to be interesting in television. Like we only choose our best. It's not like you know when we feel like, look if I have one hundred deals and I can only cover ten, I'm only I'm going to cover the ten most interesting people right right right, So you know, those people have to be aware ahead of time.
Speaker 3: That you know, babe, you're saying, like on blow Deck, these people come on and they think they're gonna be on a show and it's fun.
Speaker 4: They don't realize that, realize the.
Speaker 2: Whole staff is talking on that the entire time. Like you could be like this client of mine is such a fucking asshole and he's being stingy.
Speaker 3: But the different but the only I agree with you, The only difference in Below Deck versus this show is below Deck.
Speaker 4: They're on a vacation, his show trying to make money and they need.
Speaker 2: His mistakes are way higher.
Speaker 3: He's selling a ten million dollar, it's a little different. Yeah, on Below Deck, I agree. When they come on that show, they really are setting themselves up to just be you know, taken out because there's ten crew who are being like that they want some dirty martini at you know, six in the morning, setting.
Speaker 1: Your super I know, if people have been on that show, you're sitting.
Speaker 2: There it's like mortifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't know if it's mortive. I mean it's good TV's good TV.
Speaker 2: Well unless you're the one that's now watching the episode so excited to see yourself, you know, vacation on below deck dragging.
Speaker 4: But but my thing is that you have to be somewhat self aware.
Speaker 3: If you sign up for a below deck and you go on the on the vacation on the boat with ten cameras, you got to know that they're looking to find whatever your thing is to exploit.
Speaker 4: Like the entertainment value.
Speaker 3: They can't go on a vacation on the yacht with ten with ten cameras or eight cameras and think that you're just going to be smooth hailing.
Speaker 1: I by the way, I get see six, So I couldn't go on the vacation period like really it's not even the seat like after like I've been on boats and I'm just like if it's like day two day, or to give me.
Speaker 4: I like to be important.
Speaker 3: I like to be importal, like go out for the day and come back and like like we did a boat trip and the Bahamas and we park in Atlantis every night so we can go.
Speaker 2: Because Randall doesn't like being stuck in one place. He's he's like a chaotic being. I gotta move like you guys, I want you to put me on a boat in the middle of nowhere for two weeks. I don't want my cell phone to work. I don't want to see anybody.
Speaker 1: No, it sounds like a horrible like Tom Hanks movie, like that's the way horrendous.
Speaker 4: No, no, listen, I do it like this.
Speaker 3: I go out in the ocean for the day, water ski scoop, but I have all that come back, no boos at Atlanta the casino and then guess.
Speaker 4: What, you stumble back to the boat. You sleep that on the boat right there on the dock, and we can go back out for the day, come back. I don't like to be something.
Speaker 1: We want to sleep on the boat. I honestly, I want to sleep at hotel to Cap fu out of this that's our favorite favorite traction. Do not want to be on this thing? It makes me I don't know, I'm not down with.
Speaker 4: It for the day. We love to Cap. We love to Cap.
Speaker 1: We go there every for a month every summer.
Speaker 4: It's our favorite. Wow, I like to jump off the thing.
Speaker 2: Summer. Yeah, a whole month every summer.
Speaker 4: Let's hear that.
Speaker 1: Let's make travel with the Flags.
Speaker 4: Let's make it commit. Let's make a commitment. Then next summer we're going to spend two weeks there.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're there every steal day. We're there from July first to August first or something. This year we only need it for two weeks.
Speaker 4: But we and the kids are Sleepway Camp. Then we need take Ocean and would.
Speaker 1: Be Sleepway Camp in France.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, my kids go to sit with Kevin Rith. But our youngest one now I mean our baby together, we can take her to to do Cap.
Speaker 1: With any best places.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because Lord Lord and Michael Boste looks like they were having yes and it looks fabulous. And then I learned that Instagram is definitely a lie because it looked fabulous on the GRAM and they were like, it was a trip, not a vacation. It was a nightmare. We didn't take a nanny. We were there for two weeks.
Speaker 4: They'll never do it again. But I said, I could never travel without the nanny. You need the support, right. They didn't enjoy themselves much.
Speaker 2: Do you feel about kids?
Speaker 1: Look at the face A lot of people at the CAP. There's a lot of actually people with podcasts. I mean caps becoming cool again?
Speaker 2: Is it ever?
Speaker 1: Not became them? Very old?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I feel like old is like very like old money.
Speaker 4: Building.
Speaker 1: No, I stayed to CAP. I'm not spending ten thousand dollars a night for a room.
Speaker 4: I love main building. I love the main building.
Speaker 1: I stay in the shot, we stay in the death untended.
Speaker 2: Is it just me though? Or does the food kind of suck?
Speaker 1: No, it's delicious, it is.
Speaker 4: I love the tomato soup. You love the tomato soup too.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite soup there.
Speaker 4: We love the tomato soup. We bonted it over the tomato soup one time ago. But you were drinking a lot back then, so we have to come back sober. You drink, you know, Yeah, that's true. Dank drinking. It's not a good She has to go back now.
Speaker 1: So when did we quit?
Speaker 4: Three years ago? Three years ago?
Speaker 2: Years ago?
Speaker 3: It was like, it's amazing, amazing, very proud of her, but we need to go back where she's sober, because I actually enjoy it.
Speaker 2: But people that are normies, I encourage the drinking. You walk in my house, would you like a cocktail?
Speaker 4: Would want wants you? Ship face? Yeah?
Speaker 2: At the beginning, I was like, will I be interesting still if I'm not drunk? And come to find out I'm just as interesting, but everyone else is not. They need to be drinking.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I totally understand what.
Speaker 3: She gets me so ship faced and then I tell her stop. And then I wake up the next day and she's like nine am, let's go. And I'm hung over at ship because she's the one to encouraged all of us to get obliterated.
Speaker 1: Are you from Utah?
Speaker 2: Originally I'm from Salt Lake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because a lot of people I grew up with that were also uh total fox up fuck up says well, also went to Utah. When their parents got mad at them, they would send them to boot camp there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of oh really, yes, there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: In Switzerland, Smoky.
Speaker 2: Sonia Morgan. Yes, wow, I know all about that Bravo Life YouTube. I'm a part of the cult.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm doing your uh your YouTube channel interview.
Speaker 1: I'm excited, are you. I'm excited because I'm an interview.
Speaker 4: I think the two of you together will be really good. Him interviewing you, I think will be good.
Speaker 2: I'm a little nervous now that I'm face to face with You're so.
Speaker 4: Easy to deal with. You're just funny.
Speaker 1: Don't be nervous.
Speaker 4: Don't be nervous.
Speaker 1: No, I'm very when you listen to it. There, I won't do that to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do I want to do that to you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Hi and Randall, I absolutely love you guys.
Speaker 2: I really can't say and that Randall, you are.
Speaker 1: So funny with La La and you guys should have the best dynamic.
Speaker 2: Love you guys. Bye, Thank you so much, My loves. To everyone who has already called in to leave us messages, please keep them coming because we love hearing from you. Call us anytime at eight sixty six La La Pod. That is eight sixty six La La Pod. I mother effing love you.