Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is Almost Famous Podcast.
Speaker 3: We have a very special episode today, a very unique episode, something we don't get to do very often, right because there's only one show that we can really do it with in this kind of format. Ashley, tell all of our listeners who we have today.
Speaker 4: We have Natalie who is Pascal's daughter, and we have her here today to give us all the deeds about her dad. Listen, we are so compelled by him, so we're so excited to know what it was like growing up with him and how he uses a dad. So can we start with like day one, the.
Speaker 5: Day one from birth?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have to say growing up with him is he honestly was like the best dad. He is very energetic, as you guys can tell. So we were always doing things. We went to every Disney on Ice show. Obviously, my hair was always pristine. Was actually the one to always do my hair in those cute little butterfly clips and those tight cute ponytails.
Speaker 5: He was a great dad growing up.
Speaker 4: Honestly, your dad owns a salon? Is it a medspo?
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, okay, it.
Speaker 3: Is Okay, hold up, I need to pause you there though. Is it multiple because we don't have to get into his personal finances or how you two have lived in the world, But at least from the first couple of weeks, it would seem that this medspa has done very well for him.
Speaker 5: It has done very well.
Speaker 6: Yes, he started with one downtown, so that's the one that he had when I was younger.
Speaker 5: Then yes, in Chicago.
Speaker 6: Then he opened another one in the suburb, and then he closed both of those and then opened a big one, and then he started to kind of branch out and then realized that he didn't really want to franchise, and now he just has the one and he's like semi retired and he only works a couple days a week now and travels a lot.
Speaker 4: So so did he start out as a hair stylist?
Speaker 5: He started sweeping the floors?
Speaker 4: Actually amazing, that's right. He told us that on the one episode, the one date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was an assistant.
Speaker 4: What drew him to esthetics? And has he always been so metrosexual? Which we have kind of retired that word, but your dad fits it perfectly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess would you categorize him as like metro I would.
Speaker 6: Say that he definitely cares about the way he looks and the way he dresses and his appearance.
Speaker 5: For sure. Yeah, would I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he can say he's Metro, but quite possibly, I would say it drew him to.
Speaker 5: Hair was his cousin.
Speaker 6: I believe it's his cousin, Charles Eifergen, and he started kind of working with him and then decided that he kind of wanted to go to hair school, and then saved up all of his dollars and opened up his first salon.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's it's a really cool story, uh, to see the progress when you when you take your dad and your family's life as a whole and see kind of how it has gotten to this point that now he's on national television. Yeah, we're going to get back to kind of the story of all that and how you grew up. You're obviously living in Canada now yourself.
Speaker 2: What brought you there? That's not where he's living, right.
Speaker 5: No, my dad lives in Chicago.
Speaker 6: So when my parents separated, my mom continued to work at the salon for years. Like they're there. They still get along like great to this day. They have a great like hope parenting relationship. And then my mom wasn't working at the salon anymore, and so she's like, I think.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go back. My mom's from Canada, so.
Speaker 6: Like, I think I'm to go back to Canada with my family and stuff like that. And so I moved to Canada when I was about eight, and then my dad flew me out to Chicago every Friday after school. Every Sunday, I'd get back on a plane to be back at school on Monday. And that happened for probably the first two years I lived here. I was a very frequent flyer. And then I started like getting friends and birthday parties, and I started getting into horses and having competitions, and I was like, I don't want to go every weekend anymore. And so it kind of started like getting slower and slower. And then I went to hair school in Chicago. I lived there for about a year again and then came back to Canada.
Speaker 4: So all right, so I'm very interested on how your parents met and what their relationship was like, because that's something we didn't get from him on that date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so my parents, Okay, so my mom was actually a model and my dad was a hairstylist, and they actually just learned the story the other day. They they ended up at the same event and he sent one of his friends to go talk to my mom and she was like no, like whatever, and then somehow she ended up giving her his friend her number, and the two girls kind of started communicating, and then she passed along the message to my dad, and my dad was like, just come out with me, come out with me, and she's like, okay, fine, and then they started dating. They moved in together after two months, and they were together for about seven or eight years, I.
Speaker 3: Believe, so in this time period in their life. Do you know how your dad, as a married man, never did his own laundry.
Speaker 6: Uh, honestly, I'm not gonna lie. Like from birth, I don't recall him ever doing it. I don't recall him ever cooking. The only thing he's actually made, actually I have a video of it somewhere, was him actually cooking a pasta one night, and I was like, oh my gosh, you use your pots and pants. I thought they were just here for show. He's done that and actually makes a really good salad dressing. I have to say, those are the two things that I've actually seen him kind of put together. And this was I think just like last year or the year before that, I saw him actually use his pots and pans for the first time. It was like a documenting moment. But no ever since then, ever since I was little, we went up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, usually a nice dinner every night. He has his dinners planned out. He's very organized, even when we go on trips, like he pre plans where we're eating dinner. No, like we always had a housekeeper, Like I remember having a nanny and a housekeeper. And he just he's just never done it. And I think that maybe like since he started, maybe like the machines of like the laundry machines have changed. He's like this is just too complicated now and he just doesn't do it anymore. But yeah, I know, he's just he's just never done it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the METSPA must be doing very well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's he's pretty he's pretty successful for sure. It's definitely in a pretty high end area in the North Shorre of Chicago. Yeah, and a lot of his clients, I would say the people that come to the sun are pretty well off and yeah, it's very busy every time I go in there.
Speaker 4: So my dad also has never done his laundry since they've been married. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 6: Really, Okay, so it's not that weird. Everyone's like freaking out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I no, I don't think that that's I personally growing up the way I did. My dad doesn't touch laundry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I hear have laundry when I was nineteen, Like, for the first time, my girlfriend I my launder off at my mom's house and she's like, natally, you have to stop doing this, like this is embarrassing.
Speaker 4: I did the same thing my freshman year of college. I was like, okay, Mom, I guess you should teach me. And then I ended up just bringing it home every weekend.
Speaker 5: That's what I did.
Speaker 4: If only I had known it was so easy to do, I would have been fine.
Speaker 6: So easy, I know, but it's just I just was like, oh my god, I'm to ruin something. Or my dad always like kind of made it seem kind of scary. He's like, well, you know, your clothes are gonna drink and like like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Like, yeah, my mom has always been the one who's like he should dries jeans out of the dryer like ings them. So I thought that there was like some science to everything, and really I just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually very simple.
Speaker 3: As interesting as this is, I do want to talk to you, Natalie uh And on the Almost Fumous podcast. You can always tell us what we're wrong, please, Like if I say something here and you're like, no, you're actually so far off for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like I definitely do that. As it is with my dad.
Speaker 2: Good good, I'm comfortable with that. I am. I am married. So's there.
Speaker 3: Your dad is an interesting I think he's been compelling to me for multiple reasons. One, he is a personality. The other side of it is it feels like out of a lot of the guys, and he's not the only one, but it feels I mean, he's definitely one of a few that came in with just a lot of joy I mean, there wasn't this like, you know, hey, I'm going to wait to tell you this story moment where it's like this has been a pivotal point in my life and I'm still trying to get over it kind of thing. It's like he didn't have that story. Yeah, And so it was always a I'm here for a different reason. So I wanted to say that and see if you agreed or disagreed. And then the question of that is, what reason did he even go on this show for outside of the obvious of potentially finding love one day?
Speaker 2: Like what, what do you think is real?
Speaker 3: Like, because Ashley and I've been on the show, one person gets picked, you know, it's not the only reason you go on the show, So what was it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: So for your first question, I actually just talked to him about this yesterday and I was like, I feel like.
Speaker 5: You can kind of see it in the show.
Speaker 6: I think that she kind of gravitates towards him because her dates with him are like lighthearted, do you know what I mean? Whereas like some of those other dates are so heavy, and you know, at the age that all these men are at, you know, some of their wives, you know, have died, and some of them you know, like have been through a divorce or two and things like that. You know, like they've had all these things and maybe they're not over them. And you can see that a lot in the show. And I think that my dad kind of just brings that like lightness out kind of in her, and I think that it's really nice to see. Like I've talked to many of my friends and people who are watching the show and they're like, they just have fun. So yeah, I definitely have noticed that as well. And I was just talking to him about that yesterday as well, because I've been obviously watching it. And for the second question, so, I don't know if you guys know what. I signed him up for the show in januey you know, yeah, so I signed him up in January. It was actually really funny. We were in Mexico and I was asking all these questions because it's a long questionnaire, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, so like who, like what would your ideal date be? And then I'm like typing on my phone.
Speaker 6: He's like what are you doing? Like what I was like, I'm signing up for a show. He's like, what show?
Speaker 5: And then I told him. He's like, you're joking me. I'm like, nope, we have forty more questions to go. Let's let's keep moving here.
Speaker 6: And so, uh, we were kind of I was showing him who the women are and kind of like an inclination of you know who I thought was potentially going to be the Golden Bacherette, and he actually picked her like out of everyone too. He's like, I'm just I'm really attracted her. We kind of like did a little deep dive on her and he's like, no, he's like that, like that's her. And so on his first night there when he said, I'm telling you, like I wouldn't be here if it wasn't you, it's that's one hundred percent true. He was actually really excited, like he's been really excited to you know, get to know her and stuff like that. So it's been It definitely was her from from the second he found out.
Speaker 5: He was excited.
Speaker 6: He went through a lot of the process not knowing and he was one hundred percent certain about going on the show when he actually found out that it was Joan.
Speaker 4: Gosh, so cute. Well, next week we're seeing hometowns. Were you there? I was there, Yeah, so give us a little review.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say too much, but I definitely think that she's lovely and as you guys probably saw in the previewly curR interaction with my son was absolutely adorable.
Speaker 5: My son really liked her, and.
Speaker 4: I knew that would have been his grandson because they didn't really specify, but I was like, that guy has like a look, he's got his hair done perfectly. That is not to be Pascal's. It's a grandson. Adorable. Yeah, he's a good looking kid.
Speaker 5: He's a cutie for sure.
Speaker 6: I would say that the hometown I think went pretty well and I'm excited to see kind of episode.
Speaker 3: I guess, have you seen your dad date here in the last few years just in real life?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say, like anything serious. I think that he's like casually kind of dated. I think that my dad, I know that he has like deep down, I know he doesn't really talk about on the show. I know he does have a little bit of of fear. I would say, I do think that it doesn't always like come out as fear, but I feel like there is a little bit of fear just from you know, his past relationships. I think that his relationships have been very like surface level. It's been like a couple of dates type thing, never really leading anywhere type relationships. Is kind of what I've seen or heard of. Yeah, it's been very casual. But I mean the past year and a half, I have heard him say like I want to find that person like I just I want to find that person that wants to adventure him at that point in my life where like I want a partner that we can just like go to Paris and go to Italy and go to Africa and go do all these things. And he wants to have that person that wants the same adventure as him.
Speaker 5: And yeah, from the sounds of Retizan's life, Jones kind of making the.
Speaker 2: Cat Yeah she's down for that.
Speaker 3: It's uh so okay, So is it weird to see him on TV then taking off his shirt showing uh an actually insane amount of abs for a man his age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his abs are definitely circulating the internet at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like is it weird for you, Like, what does it feel like as a child? Yeah, seeing that, Okay, I'm not having friends probably tell you, hey, like he doesn't work out?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, I was definitely doing a little bit of this. I feel like he's a very funny guy and I wouldn't expect any less of him, but I definitely wasn't expecting to see so much of that.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Yeah, he's very.
Speaker 5: Confident in who he is and I mean, yeah.
Speaker 4: Go dad, Well, we got hometowns coming up, and if your dad gets through oh hometowns, Yes, we have hometowns coming up, but if he gets through those, we have the fantasy suites. How how weird awkward is that conversation? Did you think this far ahead when you signed him up?
Speaker 6: Honestly, No, I know that my dad's such a big personality, and I knew that it was going to go one of two ways. I knew that she was either really gonna like like him or she wasn't gonna like him at all, and so I wasn't really thinking too far ahead with what that was going to look like.
Speaker 5: Now that we're almost potentially there.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely wondering how that's gonna go. Just even watching my dad like make out with her, I'm like, that's a lot, that's a lot. But no, I I mean, we're just gonna have to see him.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 3: I can't you know what I hope for, just after meeting you and just the way you shine and the way you're handling this. I hope because this is how I am as a human. I hope we see them that morning scene where they're both like cook a coffee and I just want to. I'm going to watch it and think, Oh, Natalie's watching this too, and she hates this, and.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, all assuming that he makes it that far, Yeah, the assumption has to be there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think that now that we're kind of getting down to the wire, I think people are really starting to think about who that last person's going to, because I mean, there's not many guys left, and after Hometowns, it's really down to the final wire.
Speaker 5: So we'll have to see how she goes.
Speaker 3: One storyline that I was curious about that didn't that hasn't got talked about, but I thought it was really sweet and I do think it was a moment for Mark, but it was also a moment for your dad. I know. Well, yeah, like your dad says, he was my best friend. You know, Mark's obviously gone from the show. No matter what happens with your dad. Have they kept in contact? You know, we have friendships that last from this show. We Asha and I both have that ourselves. Does it feel did it like what made them connect so much? And have they talked?
Speaker 6: My dad definitely has stayed in contact with some of the guys, for sure. There was an article that Greg wrote saying that they're all planned. They're going to plan like this big trip, like all like the guys, and they're all excited to hang out outside of the show. I think with Mark they had a lot of really in depth conversations. And I think that my dad has a really tough time being vulnerable, and he actually says that in the show. And I think that Mark is just such like a calming presence.
Speaker 5: To him that he.
Speaker 6: Kind of opened up a lot to Mark, and Mark definitely opened up a lot to him. And yeah, I think he was He was very sad to see him.
Speaker 4: Go oh, I was so sad and yet so sweet.
Speaker 6: I know, I'm going to say, I've never seen my dad cry in thirty three years. I've never seen him cry. So to see him cry on the show, I was like, what.
Speaker 4: Over Mars elimination?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, oh my god, that's so sweet.
Speaker 4: That's what makes this show so good is that there is the relationships between men.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: So, your dad had a conversation with Joan a couple of weeks ago where she felt like he wasn't pursuing her enough on a group date. How did you feel about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I mean, I know my dad, and I know he's not aggressive. He's just not like that. And I know that, Like we kind of talked about it before the show. I asked him kind of like what he was thinking, Like, it's he's gonna like I mean, he was the first person to grab her, which I was like, wow, well the first night, but he's like, I'm just He's like, I'm just not an aggressive personality like that. He's like, I'm just not going to be the one kind of trying to take up all of her attention. And so I think that that's kind of where he was going with that. He's just like, I am who I am, and we're going to get time to talk, but I'm not gonna be like talking the last episode, he's like, I'm just not gonna hover and I'm just gonna kind of let her have her time and then when we get time to get time type thing. And I know that's kind of been his approach the whole time. I think now you saw him saying, well, you didn't even let anyone else talk to her, And now it's kind of getting real where he's like, okay, like everyone, we need to all like be on the same page here. Everyone needs time with her type thing, like we're getting down to the wire and we need those moments.
Speaker 3: So it's a breath of fresh air, especially with the background check some of these guys are getting. So yeah, I'm pretty yeah, I'm pretty stoked to have a guy be like, hey, you know what, there's an appropriate time and not. And I've enjoyed seeing that evolution in him, honestly with when it comes to saying no, you know what, I'm actually feeling something for Joan now, I'd like to stand up and like get time with her. Yeah, so this is kind of where this closes for me, and it take as much time as you need. Obviously, you sign him up for the show. We know that now. So you believe in your dad and you love your dad and you want to see him happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, But if.
Speaker 3: Joan was sitting this, because she does listen to the most famous podcast she does, and she'll definitely be listening to this.
Speaker 2: One, I know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you were to sit down with Joan before this whole thing start and say this is who my dad is and this is why I want to see him happy, what would you have said?
Speaker 6: I probably would have said that my dad has honestly one of the biggest hearts out there, and he genuinely does like he is the most giving, caring person that you will ever meet. He does sometimes have walls up, and you know, I mean rightfully, so I know I'm kind of the same way. It does take him a little bit to kind of get there. And if she's patient with him and really just you know, gives him that time to like get to know her, that I think that they could have like such an incredible relationship. And just the fact that you know, she wants adventured and she seems to want all the things that he wants. I think that, you know, they could actually have a really amazing life together and to give him the chance for sure.
Speaker 4: My last question for you is your dad has such a rags to riches story. He talked about how you know, his father said you can get a pair of new shoes once you've earned the money to buy it. And he moved to America. He obviously did very well for himself. Yeah, is your grandpa still around and how did they feel about No about.
Speaker 6: Your grandpa did pass away. My Grandma's still alive. I actually haven't asked him if he told her about any of this. But my next question, like his grandma watching this because like hopefully you'll have a heart of that. Yeah, so she's still alive. Actually went and visited her and some of my family in Paris a couple of years ago as my sister. But no, my grandpa is not alive anymore. I think that you know my dad's story still, it kind of makes me tear up to this day a little bit. I think that he definitely has come a long way and he's definitely made something of him and he hasn't he hasn't he hasn't come from like he's come from nothing basically, and just kind of seeing where he is today is like a huge inspiration to me and hopefully to a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Natalie closed us out here. Obviously, we've talked about your dad a lot. We've talked about how great he is, how great he was to you, is to you, all those things. A little bit about Joan, just to close us out here, as you've watched Joan on this journey through her kind of struggles moving on from the past, but also excitement towards the future, her curiosity towards your dad, do you still believe they could be a great match. You just said it earlier, but about Joan specifically, do you think she would make a great match for your dad.
Speaker 6: I do, and obviously after meeting her, I feel strongly about that. I feel like she definitely has a young spirit, and I think that that's kind of what my dad's looking for.
Speaker 5: I think she presents herself well. She's a very classy lady, which my dad said.
Speaker 6: I think she, you know, is family oriented, she has grandkids, and I feel like she's looking for adventure and someone who's just gonna not make her forget her husband necessarily, but just like make her how do I word that, I feel like, just make her kind of bring like that happiness back out and make her feel.
Speaker 5: Like it's possible to fall in love again.
Speaker 6: And I do think that their relationships just not very not very heavy, and it's lighthearted, and I think that's maybe what's she's looking for as someone just to kind of have fun with and enjoy the rest of her life with. So I think that they are a good fit, and I think Joan is a good fit for my dad. So we'll have to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Your dad is definitely somebody you can have a good time with.
Speaker 6: That's obvious anytime, any place, with anyone's He's just a good time guy, for sure.
Speaker 4: Will tell him to come on theban and Ashley, I almost heard the podcast before any other.
Speaker 5: I will for sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, let's get that written down.
Speaker 3: Natalie, You've been great. Thank you so much for coming on and talking about your dad and giving us more of a perspective about who he is. I learned a lot just from you, and it like it uncovered a little bit of the pieces that we don't get to see from the show. Thanks for signing him up. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. I hope he has his shirt off multiple more times as the season progress progresses. Enjoy the ride, and we cannot wait to talk to you again. And hopefully it is maybe you and your dad and Joan. That would be a really cool.
Speaker 5: Podcast, Yes, yes, it would.
Speaker 4: And I can't wait to see the interaction between him and your group and your son.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, all of us together, it'll be It'll be a good episode next week for sure.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, thank you guys so much. It was nice to meet you guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, bye, that's been Natalie Pascal's daughter who signed him up for the show an almost famous podcast. That was a fun interview, I think Ashley, because we got such a perspective on Pascal. I'm rooting for him right now like he already was. But I really want to see them together.
Speaker 4: You know, I kind of feel you, especially because I think Chock was a little bit aggressed. I don't know how I felt about Shock after this last episode. So now I'm like Jim Pascal.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's what this whole show's about, right, it's now kind of figuring out that what we kind of want for Joan and these relationships. But I think she made a good point in this next chapel. Yeah, in this next chapter of your life, you know what you've gone through, the heavy, You've done so much stuff. All you want is somebody willing to travel to see grandkids, somebody wanted willing to travel to make memories. Somebody's gonna have fun with you and take you out to dinner and have a great dinner together. It sounds like he could be that, and I now am full on team Pascal.
Speaker 4: I know it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Hey, so we'll be breaking down the next week's episode after hometowns. Obviously, Natalie will be on that episode, So until next time, I've Been Ben.
Speaker 4: I've Been Ansley.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.