Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters.
Speaker 3: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts, Darry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie.
Speaker 4: Scruggs, Welcome to the Players Lives.
Speaker 5: It's a different look today, mixing things up as we go into the bye week. No, heck Ma Harrison, No, former Cowboys safety. No, we have Nate Newton, Black College Football Hall of Famer from Florida A and L. Three times Super Bowl champion, Everson Walls, Black College Hall of Famer Grambling University should be in the Cowboys Ring of Honors, should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I'm a preaching to you now, I'm a preaching to you the same way I did Drew Pearson. We're speaking of to existence. I'm gonna work for Drew, so I'm gonna keep on preaching.
Speaker 2: I gotta start crying. The baby.
Speaker 4: Start not laughing at that.
Speaker 2: We have that, by the way, he said, I should start crying. This ain't just for me. That's listen.
Speaker 5: The fourth and long national champion in North Carolina. He is Jesse Holly in the house three former Cowboy players.
Speaker 4: I merely knew.
Speaker 5: He struts all right, guys, as former players, what do you do during the bye week after you got smoked like that at home? Jesse starts, Oh, you get away from football? Honestly, like I know, it's it doesn't It does not what people want to hear. Right, you don't want to hear. What do you mean you get away from football? You got your tail whooped and all that kind of stuff. You get one of these things, you get one by during the season. And I will say this on the player's behalf.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: You're upset.
Speaker 5: I get the fans are mad or pissed off or frustrated. You don't spend more time in this football building, even though it may feel like they don't spend no time here. You don't spend more time here than they do. You don't put in the rigorous work that they put in. You don't have the bumps and bruises, you don't have all these things mentally, physically, emotionally.
Speaker 3: Take the records away. I get it, I understand it.
Speaker 5: This buy is for you to get away and try to reset, whatever that reset may look like some may go to Cabo, some may stay at the crib, some may go see mommy and daddy, some may get some may just go somewhere and get filthy.
Speaker 2: Nasty, some might just be in their bedroom just in bed.
Speaker 5: And some may be ice and absolutely, but I do think that we have to kind of just understand that this is a moment of time for you to just.
Speaker 3: Take a small breakaway from the game.
Speaker 5: You can self evaluate, but then come back and try to fix the ailments that you had. But so if you see people at the movies, at the mall or whatever, it'll be like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Even the late night club but they don't.
Speaker 2: Have particular club.
Speaker 3: Clothes on.
Speaker 5: Just just let them throw their dollars in piece and just say, hey, we see you guys next week.
Speaker 6: I think it's just tough to go into a bye week with an ass whipping like that.
Speaker 2: That's the tough part to me.
Speaker 6: You know, because you got to hear about it all week, You got to hear about there next week. You know, that's the tough part to You want to go into a bye week to me with the feel good you know what I mean, But they don't have that right now. You know I'm not gonna lie to you, and I'm never one of those guys to talk about how you know the man wants to come down on you. But if I was dumb, man, I would have been in that locker room cussing somebody out.
Speaker 2: This is my birthday, man, it's my birthday.
Speaker 6: Bro y'all come in here and get whooped on my birthday like this.
Speaker 3: You know, behind my.
Speaker 2: Child, my kids play.
Speaker 6: The way he was, the way he treated that reporter, I'm sorry, the way he treated people period.
Speaker 2: When he goes through.
Speaker 6: I would come straight to that locker room and I would hope the coach was in there, and I would talk to everybody at once and say, man, y'all are pissing me off. I mean, we lost, okay, we lost on my birthday. Okay, we lost at home, okay, but we got blasted after the performance that we had in Pittsburgh, regardless of what you think about Pittsburgh. To be able to go in there and have that kind of attitude that they had in Pittsburgh and then to come back here and play as if you're on the road man, man, I would be.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised that.
Speaker 6: He didn't go in there and threatening everybody, including the head.
Speaker 7: Coach mm hm.
Speaker 8: He asked about how how would the player feel, and I guess that's how you feel about the pleasure.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: You know me, I take up for the Cowboys all the time, and we do my Homer, that's just the way.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of that. I wore that damn start.
Speaker 6: Okay, So when I watched the game, you know I have we have vested interest in it. I'm not just covering, no disrespect to the media, not just covering it. That's our blood right. And so for that to happen, you know, you can't just sit back and say, oh that stephen A is so funny, all that kind of crap.
Speaker 2: You know you are.
Speaker 6: Upset because you've been there before. You know that the guys are not playing well. You know that not putting it all into it because I've been there before.
Speaker 8: The way I feel is this here each player individually. You know, some guys deserve to do what Jesse saying, some guys deserve to be blessed. I asked to live it like everything. But each player has to find his point. Some players should be over there working out, some players should be taking trips. You know, Dak, go take a trip. You've been beat to death. Go take a trip, my left tackle. You need to be out there on the field. Guy, you need to be out there on the field.
Speaker 7: Mazie.
Speaker 8: You need to be running into something. If it's a wall, it don't jump a truck.
Speaker 7: You need to be running into something.
Speaker 8: So each player has to kind of find out a yeah, because brother, he got to move something.
Speaker 4: He ain't moving the folks.
Speaker 7: But anyway, but you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Each player had Like I remember when I was playing some one or two days that we had off only I think once I went on a trip. The other times I stayed back because I knew me I couldn't go out. I want that guy that could go to a club because I was gonna drink too much. I want that guy that could, uh, you know, go to a family out and during that time, because I was gonna eat too much, you're gonna yeah. So I stayed here a lot of times and worked out and worked on my craft because the NFC East when we played was not playing and I had to be I had to be correct. So each player find your niche. Some of y'all travel, some of y'all stay home. Some of y'all need to work out. Some of y'all, yeah, the ones that need to work out.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: The funny part about what you say, I don't believe. I don't believe the one that should be here doing that know that they should be here doing that. I think this new generation looks at things in a different lens. I think guys look at themselves sometimes and don't have that true self evaluation, like we talk about it on our show a lot of times, like we need to bring back public shaming, at least.
Speaker 3: In the locker room.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, no, no, no no, but hear me out. I don't say bullying, but you couldn't let me ask you this question. Let me ask you this question, m.
Speaker 3: Cup.
Speaker 5: If you turned down tackles the way that Trayvon Diggs turned down those tackles. No, no, no, see he laughing, he laughing, And I'm trying to be serious.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Cubby.
Speaker 5: If you turned down those tackles the way that Trayvon Diggs turned down those tackles, could you go back in that locker room like everything was okay and nobody said nothing to you.
Speaker 2: No, I could not. They would not allow me to.
Speaker 5: That would have been some locker room public shaming. They would have been in there, look at this liberty bleep. You sorry, when you went in there and watched that film on Monday.
Speaker 2: You would have heard it. They don't do that.
Speaker 3: They're not like that's able to happen.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you how would win coach Landry.
Speaker 8: Coach Landry would have had a red marker, a light on you saying, son, right here, he's not gonna tell you that you missed the tack. He gonna right here, We're gonna come, squad shoulders, We're gonna keep outside. He gonna coach you through this old in front of seventy folks. He gonna coach and then we walk out of the locker room. You know what I'm gonna say, like for.
Speaker 7: Real, walls, not once come walls.
Speaker 8: You're gonna hit this dude won't fall out of bed and hit somebody.
Speaker 7: You know, I'll be on them so hard. But that ain't that ain't how we do it right.
Speaker 5: And so like I said that, I don't believe what not that you say. I don't believe that there's enough players in this locker room who look at themselves.
Speaker 4: And go, well, I need to get better.
Speaker 3: They look at them like whatever, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what I learned a lot. Listen, just back back to then go ahead.
Speaker 5: So after the game, he walks out of the locker room, doesn't speak to the media or anybody.
Speaker 4: How does that go over you, guys?
Speaker 5: When you see a player have a performance like that, they leave the room, which means you're still in the room.
Speaker 7: It's come to you, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Ain't that something. I'm right next to the gun to the locker, but I get all the heat. Yeah. I hate that. I hate that.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like that, that that goes along with the public shaming me because you should go hey, hey bro, no no, no, no, no, you go out there and you tell them because I don't want to ask these I don't want to ask these questions this week.
Speaker 3: Thisay, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: You did it, so you got to go out there. But again, that's not the that's not the way that they operate now. They operate now where everybody's cool. Now they're like, hey, dog, so you know we know that you turn down these tackles, but are you trying to get on the game later on, right, Hey, you're trying to get some of this reposodo, some of the you know, some of the Don Julio, and everything is okay, and I want accountability.
Speaker 6: I recall this happened in New York the year after we won the Super Bowl. Then my second year there, all the coaches were gone, plus my New York check yeah, giant talking about the Giants, and I remember our cornerback, our right, our left cornerback, Mark Collins, hell of a player. For some reason, he was starting off that year bad. I don't know why he was starting their year off bad, but that's just the way it was.
Speaker 2: He he knew he was playing badly.
Speaker 6: He gave up a big play to a wide receiver with Chicago in the second game. He came in there, he was so upset and looking at the video, he walked out. He walked out on the entire team. But everybody knows Mark Collins. Everybody knows Mark Collins. He's not that guy that's gonna give up on anybody. So Mark Collins walks out, everybody forgives Mark Collins because they know Mark Collins is gonna come back in here on Wednesday, ready to give all he had, because that's all he ever gives.
Speaker 2: He just had a bad game. He was frustrated with his.
Speaker 6: Play, and he vowed to himself when he walked out of there, he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna do better. Now. If that's the way Diggs walked out of the locker room, then I could give him some love for that.
Speaker 6: If he if that's what's on his mind when he walked out of love, is he known to have the kind of courage to look at himself in the mirror as Mark Collins did. He came back that year nineteen ninety one and didn't make All Pro anything, but he came back and he played the best defensive back that the Giants had. And that's including the year that I had back in nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: Now, so you know the player.
Speaker 5: Right, But my thing is, okay, if and we're talking about him specifically, but that comes now after the bye, what you did on the Sunday's game, ain't the first time you've done that this season, That's what I'm saying, Like, this ain't the first time you done turned down a few tackles in the season.
Speaker 6: And I give you we ain't targeted because of that, And I give you one of those.
Speaker 5: Right, I give you a little grace and a little mercy like the Lord above gives me from times. If it's Derrick Henry coming around the corner, right, if it's Larry Allen screaming around the corner on a pool block, and now it's you and him in the alley, I might give you a little bit of But come on, dog, like you can't just willingly turn down things like that and think that's just supposed to be okay when you're one right now, you're the best player that we have on defense, right like you get paid to be the best player that we want to we have on defense. And while we're reeling, we need someone to step up in this moment, like you just can't keep falling down when everything else is happening to us.
Speaker 2: We need you to be part of the solution.
Speaker 3: You gotta be a part of the solution.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 8: It's just it's too much of that happening when you have Okay, it's my turn, and it's yes, it turn, and it's ever since then it's yours. Now, you got a team full of mistakes, and that's all these guys are saying, is you gotta be responsible for your job, and these are this game. It's one of those games where each individual guy got to start taking care of his house. I'm serious. I ain't looking back at to see a walls on the outside of a cover too.
Speaker 7: Really don't care. I got the hole this dude up in front of me.
Speaker 5: But Nate, haven't We We said that after the New Orleans game, Yes, we set out the Baltimore game. Yes, And now we're saying it again. And that's the part where I'm talking about the culture of accountability, like, because there's two things that I say about that, and you're either coaching it or you're allowing it. That's the only way. That's the only way that these things that we continuously talk about keep happening. Y'all either coaching it or the leaders among this team, or and the coaches are allowing it.
Speaker 3: Because who who's gonna step in and say enough is enough?
Speaker 5: Who's gonna step in and say, damn it, guys, like enough is enough? And I get the money is a lot different, and that pays a huge contributing factor to it all. But at some point in time, and it all goes back to what you were saying. This is a look in the mirror moment, who's willing to say, like is Trayvon saying to himself, I can never let that happen again, because this is the third or fourth time we've seen this happen to you in the game this year.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I don't really know if they really leave here, and it's by we can go up there and say to themselves.
Speaker 6: If you're sitting there waiting on someone to tell you that you're not playing well, then you're blind. You need to know right away that you are not playing well as a as a man, just to yourself, that you're not playing well as a leader of this team. And if you can't see that, and you got everybody else talking about you around you, but no one's coming to you and taking you, telling you how they feel or how they think you look, then it's going to continue to happen. And that's that's what's going on right now. It's going to continue to happen to the best player on your defense. And I remember that same look Mark Collins walked out of the room, and when he came back, he was ready to play. Because Mark Collins only had that happen to him once.
Speaker 2: That was an.
Speaker 6: Operation for Mark Collins. I don't know if that's this is an operation for Diggs himself.
Speaker 5: When them back, I want you to each think of one player who you say, when they come back from the bye week, you need more from all right, everybody come up with their players. All right, Let you guys do it. I'm not gonna come up one. You guys all played. You guys know who you're looking at. Right now, I say I need more from you. We'll do that with Nate Newton, Everson Walls, Jesse Holly on new scus. This is the Player's Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Gambling Problem.
Speaker 10: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler. That's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 12: Prescott kits slides with a first.
Speaker 11: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 12: Perfect grow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys Now app.
Speaker 5: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV because when all the Cowboys content like players interviews, weekly TV spots, podcasts, docuseries like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys app on Amazon, Fire, Rocal and Apple TV. Thank you, Jesse Holly, You're the Player's latch, bought you by Aristocrat Gaming. The players line looking a little different. Here, We've got Jesse Holly, Everson Walls, Nate Noon, all three former Cowboy players. I'm new he Scruggs. We have some trade news in the National Football League. Former Dallas Cowboy wide receive Amari Cooper.
Speaker 2: Right now, Coop is.
Speaker 5: Going from Cleveland to Buffalo. He goes from cold to cold.
Speaker 6: That's a nice move for a third round pick, and Buffalo's hot.
Speaker 5: DeVante Adams is leaving the Raiders and he's going to the New York Jets, and it's a third round pick. The Jets are giving up which could become a second round pick. So Aaron Rodgers gets some help. After he was throwing one of the receivers on Monday Night Football.
Speaker 6: The man was open. Sorry, man, the man was open. Just give me the ball, man, mister Hall many, let's go.
Speaker 4: Man pulled a Nino Brown.
Speaker 3: I'm going down here, a whole lot of people with the light brother right there.
Speaker 8: When you walk, man, when you got the ability to walk right past everybody in the organization, to the owners, say, man, ain't feeling this.
Speaker 7: This is what I need done. Start with your coach. I need magically happens.
Speaker 2: Number eight can do that, right.
Speaker 4: Is an eight ton magic of eight.
Speaker 5: So Cooper saved because he can now catch passes from Allen versus whatever Watson was throwing out there in Cleveland at you and the.
Speaker 2: Sabany can catch anybody's past.
Speaker 4: It helps if you got somebody a little bit better.
Speaker 5: And then Adams goes from whatever they were doing with the Raiders to to that there.
Speaker 4: So we'll see.
Speaker 5: Now both men are now on their third teams and.
Speaker 6: And still in their prime, still in their prime, but on the wrong side of thirty And are you really one player away?
Speaker 4: Buffalo might be for their offense, but for the Jets.
Speaker 3: I understand it.
Speaker 5: If I'm Woody Johnson, I've already kind of sold my soul to this Aaron Rodgers thing. Yes, so I gotta do whatever I gotta do to rectify this, to make this something right, like I gotta when you signed Aaron Rodgers, you made it very clear that I'm here for a good time, not a long time, right, And so I got to do whatever I got to do to make this good time good times, because it ain't gonna be here long.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers has maybe one year left in him.
Speaker 5: If he's getting hit the way he get hit in these games, he might not have another your left hit him. So for them to say, all right, we put all our eggs in his basket. We didn't fire the coach, we didn't move mountains, give him, what the hell he needs got.
Speaker 7: You've given up only a third round pick.
Speaker 8: You have automatically won because you have gotten two impact players that can change your situation drastically. This is smart on both third round. Third round, that's all second. I mean we begging for our third rounds?
Speaker 6: Come on, I do, I do look at these Jets and I just don't see. Well, they said they're a super Bowl team. They said coming into this season they were a super Bowl team. The roster was amazing. Well, I haven't seen him run the ball. Well, I've seen Aaron Rodgers be iffy at best. Maybe the wide receiver would change that. Let's just say we had a good wide receiver. All those a few of those incompletions, they might be receptions and they could change the fabric of that game. Still a close game. Well it was all said and done. So what is that the AFC East. Yes, they ain't going nowhere. Nobody's going anywhere. That's a good thing for the Jets. No one's going anywhere right now like the Cowboys, and nobody's going anywhere right now, so, believe it or not.
Speaker 8: Theonte Adams and they're still in good shape. Butte Adams impacts your team.
Speaker 5: I think you know, because they just played last night, right Buffalo and the New York Jets. I think they looked. I think Buffalo looked at the Jets and said, they're the only one challenging us, Yeah, this division. And the Jets looked at Buffalo and said, if we don't get something in hire out, they're gonna start pulling away from us, like they're gonna and now we're gonna be and we don't. If we don't get the division and how this thing plays out, we may.
Speaker 2: Not get you know what. Still, so they were like.
Speaker 5: Let's let's both make some moves because Buffalo was like, if we get this piece right here, we can go somewhere, and the.
Speaker 2: Judge Jets like, we can't let him get out of sight. We gotta keep.
Speaker 5: Pace, all right, Guys, who is the one player as the Cowboys into the Bike Week, coming out of the Bide Week and going out to San Francisco for NBC Sunday Night Football, Who's the one player you need to see more from?
Speaker 2: Nate Newton.
Speaker 8: I was praying you go to brother jecause I always tell people to ex him. We've heard his name repeatedly over and over and over, and uh, it's one guy if you want to change the face of what is happening, and he's in the heart of all of this running.
Speaker 7: Y'all know who I'm friend to call. It's Minzi. If this kid don't get better and hurry up and get better, this team is doomed.
Speaker 8: Every team we've lost to have rushed for more than one hundred and seventy yards, averaging almost five yards to carry. Our linebackers cannot function properly.
Speaker 7: Just think how.
Speaker 8: Big Overshown would be if he didn't have to run the hump. Just think Kendrick Ropoto would still be healthy if he wasn't getting beat down. I mean every if Mazie comes and has after this by just start by leaps and bounds, eating up bodies, it would change for the Cowboys, I believe with all my heart.
Speaker 7: But he has to be that player.
Speaker 6: And I'll say in his defense, when he does play well, we play well. I mean he's had good games. He had a good game against Pittsburgh, decent game against the Buffalo in the second half, and Baltimore, thank you.
Speaker 2: And so when I saw those stats, I was shocked.
Speaker 6: When I saw him play against Philadelphia, Like, who in the hell is that guy? With all this activity? That's what I wanted to see more of. And once again, I don't care where what team we played against. The Giants as well, I don't care what teams that we play against. He has to show up, whether they're a good team or a bad team, he has to show up. If I was gonna talk about someone that could make a difference, I got to go with two people, and that's DAK and CD. I'm sorry, these guys have got to get on the same page some kind of way, maybe throw the offensive coordinator in there, whether to play caller, because last year they were the reason that we stayed in games and this year they pretty much are not. And I don't like Dak having to go to all these different guys and then all of a sudden, predictably, we got to go to CD. Everybody knows we're going to CD. The defense always knows when we're going to this CD because we're predictable, and when we decide to do it and decide to force it. I look at those two guys not worried about who what else anyone else is doing. From what we saw last year, you can't tell me that this combination can't win some games for us, just from what I saw last year.
Speaker 5: Did the lack of CD not being in training can't, to your in your opinion, mean that much.
Speaker 6: I would not have said so before this year, but I don't know what else to point it too. I would not have said that just because of the experience of both of those guys. I see experience which I thought would bring on professionalism, and those two are not working together right now. I mean, both of them have an experience and professionalism that goes with that. You see meltdowns as opposed to guys coming together as.
Speaker 5: A combo just to put a bowl on that just in my heart of hearts, and as being a receiver and being a round receiver quarterback combinations. DAK and CD are coworkers, and that's a lot different than DAK and CD actually being friends and sometimes but here's the thing, but sometimes when you're co workers and you and I we laughing about this about talking about teamates right right, Like, there are only certain amount of things I'll do for certain teammates the other teammates.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do my job, but I ain't gonna go.
Speaker 5: Extra just for the teammates, but at my dog, I got you, my dog, I got you.
Speaker 2: I don't think they have that, and why wouldn't they have that after last year?
Speaker 5: I don't think they even had it last year. That was like, I just I think, like because remember how that year it was after I would saying there was there's p pre pout CD in post pout CD. Right, he had the pre pouting and then he had the Arizona run after all that kind of stuff. And what I always looked at that was Dak would say one thing in his deal, and CD would say another thing in his deal, and I said, y'all in the same damn locker room. At no point in time that y'all ever decided to y'all gonn have a conversation with one another.
Speaker 3: And it was well, just throw me the ball. And it was like, hey, we're doing that very best.
Speaker 5: And it was just like, wait, yo, time out, time out. Does somebody do who one of you just say, hey, come in, bro, let's let's sit out like men, Let's hash out whatever it needs to be hashed out so that I need you and you need me.
Speaker 6: I considering how this passed offseason worked out, for both of them. That just surprises me that this gap is getting wider.
Speaker 3: They didn't work out this offseason.
Speaker 6: No, I just made in regards to the money that they made, right, I made. But you so you have to realize I made this money because of you.
Speaker 2: You made this money because of me.
Speaker 6: That's facts you can't get by there, whether you boys or not.
Speaker 5: Now, but do you say, but do you say to yourself Welsh, Yeah, you made this money because of me?
Speaker 4: Well no, but it's got But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How the attitudes of now you made this money because of me? Who else you gonna throw the ball to?
Speaker 5: And he looking over that, like you made the money because of me, Who the hell is gonna throw you the ball? And now you have this you you have this stare off of who contributed more to the other person's success.
Speaker 6: So then as teammates ask someone who's a Dallas cowboy, that's gonna be a moment to what you say, Man, we need each other.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be a moment, you know, because now look where we are.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So like you're saying, called Jesse said, look ahead, I need you. I got that ain't them which I'm with Jesse and those days of not getting along.
Speaker 7: It carries too far. Now you have to get along and these because this thing.
Speaker 2: Right here, I was just thinking that, Yeah.
Speaker 8: You have me and you didn't always see eye to eye because of your political views were so open. He's scared the rest of the brothers in the locker room. His political views was not being it. And I'm just being honest, But me and you ever not got along. These guys got to put whatever differences they have aside and get a loan.
Speaker 3: But did y'all sit down and have a man and a man come?
Speaker 7: We didn't have to. We understood where he stood.
Speaker 6: I mean, because I guess it's just a different generations. Yeah, you know, I to talk about the neighbor behind his back, I come and say the same thing to his face, and.
Speaker 2: Then am I gonna come back here and he gonna clown me? And even if I'm pissed off, it's gonna be funny.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 5: So just to make sure I'm hearing this right, you all think there is it gotta be a riff issue between Dak Prescott and CD like. Hold it, You're gonna take a break and I'll answer the question that you originally posed when we come back on us because we're diving into this here, going next level here with Jesse Holly, Everson Wallas. He's Nate Newton, I have new he scrugs. This is the Player's Lone. Brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 9: Ex Yesie, Hey Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King. You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track.
Speaker 7: Scoop up new.
Speaker 9: Coconuts move only a Smovie Key, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates, but with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer, handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash UBOs, Quego, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag beer on Boss Raising.
Speaker 12: Caines presents the other rules of Football.
Speaker 3: Rule one.
Speaker 12: Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve. No crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising canes chicken fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To the player's loud.
Speaker 3: Monster Jail.
Speaker 5: The most action pack motorsport experience in the world reshearts at Arlington head to AT and T Stadium on Saturday, October twenty six for Master Jam and watch four Marble Monster Trucks.
Speaker 3: You should have my read better than this right now.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, I know You're doing well.
Speaker 3: Make their Arlington debut.
Speaker 5: Took us on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official Tike any partner of a T and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Jesse Holly, former Dallas Cowboy wife receiver Everson Wallas is here, former Dallas Cowboys cornerback. He is named Newton, former Dallas Cowboys offensive guard. I'm new Scruggs.
Speaker 4: I ain't do Jackman Dallas.
Speaker 3: I learned how to read that read like you man. I went to my new Scruggs. You taught me that a long time ago.
Speaker 4: That's how Isaiah stand back. That's you stand back.
Speaker 5: You told me that a long time ago. Like listen, man, get into that different voice when you read those reads. Man, get to that voice that they're gonna cut the check for when you get to that, don't don't be Jesse from Jersey. When you read that, read be be Jesse from the University of North Carolina as a champion. That's two thousand five. Thank you Illinois.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we were.
Speaker 5: Discussing and it was good discussion. I stopped it, teased it to keep the people here.
Speaker 3: It's called the sizzle.
Speaker 5: So you've got a six million dollar quarterback and a thirty million dollar wide receiver.
Speaker 4: We've now seen two straight games in the red zone.
Speaker 5: They don't know what's going on here, and you're diving deeper here, Jesse.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go back to you where you.
Speaker 5: Said, Hey, these two guys are co workers.
Speaker 4: They're not friends, hope, buddies, homies. What's going on here with the disconnect?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: I wish I had a concrete answer, Okay, right, I wish I had something to go Like, they got concept they got concepts.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, concepts of a plane.
Speaker 5: But I just when you look at like I'll give you an example. We talked earlier about today about the Aaron Rodgers getting.
Speaker 4: His Robert Solomon, Well, no, he got him.
Speaker 5: Oh, Mike Williams, but he got he got Dvante Adams back, Oh Dante, right, go back and watch the clip. Aaron's sitting there and he's on the he's on one of the shows that he's doing. And he's sitting there and he's talking and he looks over and you see him the gold to his left, and he goes and he does that and in walks into the shot Davante Adams, and I ain't seen I ain't seen Aaron Rodgers smile this much since he came out of the cave on at a Sawassa.
Speaker 3: He was so happy on that good stuff. He was so happy. Google.
Speaker 5: So the young kids call it spinning the block. Google Nelly and Ashanti, right, Nelly, he lost to Shanty many many years ago. Saw at a Verse is hugged. Now they married, about to have a baby, and you don't see Nellie, he don't got he got the biggest smile on his face. You just don't see that type of love between these two. We've seen these two spend more time bickering, talking about bickering, having to throw us off about their bickering, trying to say that their bickering is not actually bickering. And all the reports over the last two years about YouTube being on the same page, that doesn't give that doesn't give the indication to me that there is a strong loving bond between these two where they're saying, you're my w R one, I'm your QB one, and we are in this together. It feels like there's something that is a disconnect between these two.
Speaker 6: I just remember when Cooper Cooper rush came in the cornerback. This is when Dak got hurt. I can't remember which.
Speaker 5: Time, Halloween, Sunday night football at Minnesota. That was one of the first That was one of the first time.
Speaker 6: This was this Minnesota when Cooper threw a ball out there, Ceedy was running down the sidelines, ball was in between he and the safety.
Speaker 2: The safety got it and CD kept on running. Remember that. Yeah, that was the last time.
Speaker 6: That they had an issue. After that, they went on a run that was two years ago. Up, I'm not mistaken didn't. May have been behind the scenes, but nothing came to the surface. When I saw the red zone play, I thought it was a bad throw by that period, But was it salvageable if CD would have gone in and tried to make because.
Speaker 2: It was really the same thing to where you could have.
Speaker 3: You could have just crashed out and not not being something that happened.
Speaker 2: There you go, So do you think that could have happened in that game?
Speaker 8: In the seeing it happened ten thousand times with Michael Herven and Troy. And that's the first thing I said on both interceptions, if CD don't get this ball.
Speaker 2: No one gets don't let no one get it.
Speaker 8: And so I'm saying to myself, I saw CD a couple of games going he blew up run the end route. All the dude did was stuck his hands in there and CED just.
Speaker 2: Let that dude green bank. Yeah, yeah, Like was huge because they were on that comeback trail.
Speaker 7: Don't let your body language.
Speaker 2: And here they already had the bad body language earlier in that game. I talked about that play.
Speaker 6: I don't know if anyone was listening, that was a moment to where if he makes that play, much as Green Bay game wasn't worth the crap. That was a moment to where it could have been a momentum changer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen CD.
Speaker 6: And it's nothing I had. Like my boy said, nothing I ain't heard. It's what I've seen. I've seen him go up and get those passes. That particular time, you had the corner back on your back, you had the safety coming over, and the ball was thrown up to where he had a chance to go up and get it. He decided to catch it in his for some reason. Too much traffic. You know, you got two dbs around you.
Speaker 2: You can't wait for the ball to come down to you. The safety got his hand in there knocked it away.
Speaker 6: If you're going up like that, then the safety's hand doesn't in there and stop you from going up at that ball. There are certain things is as great as he is, and I love me some CD. Sometimes you got to save your quarterback. That's what your wife receivers do. They saved the quarterback.
Speaker 8: And that goes back to the comments that just made co workers versus it's this, my boy.
Speaker 6: You got regardless of what you are to each other, you got a common goal and that should take presents over anything, and that's just that's to me. That's the bottom line. I don't get with them. We talked about this out. It's a bottom line, man. We gotta make these plays so we can so we can keep making more money, you know, keep getting more of the endorsements, y'all, keep getting more love, keep helping my team.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 5: So who plays Jerry West? I bring that up because I worked in LA with Shaq and Kobe. Both got to the Lakers and then they eventually had their own issues and it was Jerry West that had to get up in there and reach some daytime.
Speaker 4: So who plays Jerry West?
Speaker 5: Here between the sixty million dollar quarterback and the thirty million dollar receiver, and neither one of them is going anywhere anytime soon. You can't even trade somebody because it will cripple the salary cap. Easy answer is macrostic. That's the easy answer. But that may not be the right answer, but it's the easy answer if they're willing to listen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The funny part about like when you ask the question, who is it? Right at this point in time, nobody.
Speaker 3: Everybody's fighting for it.
Speaker 5: Like you you have put this team and This is my Jerry Jones rant. You have put this team in a total survival mode. Jokers is really worried about now by owld stuff. I'm trying to I'm I got my little bucket in my boat and I'm I'm trying to get the water out of my boat.
Speaker 3: I ain't got time to help you get the water out your boat.
Speaker 4: Daylight SOLDI.
Speaker 7: It's just me myself.
Speaker 3: It's just me myself.
Speaker 5: Like you've put You've put this team defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, head coach.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch dudes around here.
Speaker 7: Is like, I cant third of your football team.
Speaker 5: Think about how many one year contracts are up. Jonas is looking around at place saying, like, y'all talk about team, like in my out of iverson boy, you're talking about practice, y'all talk about team, buddy.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to save me.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to hold on to whatever it is that I can hold on for me. And you can say they don't go into locker rooms. It goes on the locker rooms. Jocas is trying to hold on and trying to do the best for them until this thing gets figured out. So people ain't trying to really pour into other people and and and have disputes. Okay, undone because they're like, so, since you say that there's people who are concerned about their one year and what's going to happen with the rest of their lives, Well, would that not be then upon the general manager since he's going to be here to get said quarterback and said wide receiver to sit down.
Speaker 2: You don't think Jeri can did that.
Speaker 7: Let me say this, man, y'all, let me say this right. Let me say it.
Speaker 8: Normally I'm always sitting in the middle and they ain't gonna say nothing too bad. But I'm gonna say this right here because I know it's the truth. I'm making sixty million dollars a year, one hundred and eighty of that guaranteed what you're gonna tell me, even if you don't what you're gonna tell me, give me my money.
Speaker 7: Man in the story, But and the.
Speaker 5: Other dude said, guy like and say I making thirty million dollars.
Speaker 6: That guarantee you that to that player when you write that sent to that player, you wrote that sixty them because you think y'all have a report.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when it comes to another dance, not when it comes to another man's like a dislike and.
Speaker 5: You said, Mike McCarthy, they're gonna him out, said humble, But I want I watched you, I know, your real estate agent.
Speaker 3: I watched she working.
Speaker 2: Talk to him.
Speaker 5: I watched it work Jerry West, who, by the way, had that much.
Speaker 4: Juice because he was Jerry.
Speaker 5: He was able to take a situation that was volatile and get them to get on the same page.
Speaker 4: So it's not undoable.
Speaker 3: Like but see, you keep.
Speaker 8: Trying to this is the deal. DAK is more old school than CD. That will probably be willing to look him in his eyes. Yeah, but CD knew he knew that. Gen Z, Yeah, gen Z, he is new and CD and he ain't hearing what you're trying to say. We we can sit here and try to fix this, but it's a CD want it fixed, it ain't.
Speaker 2: Don't get fixed.
Speaker 5: And gentlemen, I was trying to find out Tyler, go you have to figure out how to play better football.
Speaker 8: That was my one guy, Well, now where you be crushing the right tackle? I thought you were gonna say the right he's cooked.
Speaker 3: We're done with like he's cooked, We're so done with him. At least guy we got some more years. I've got a future.
Speaker 2: At least I'm coming young right now.
Speaker 7: He don't changed our head coach, Nate what is what is that?
Speaker 5: He coach freaking Mike Michael for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Michael for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: What a fun show. You're gonna end it right there, guys, Jesse how Everson Walls, Nate Newton, I knew he scruggs.
Speaker 4: The players lounge.
Speaker 2: What a fun one.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Aristocrat Gaming. We'll do it tomorrow for the last time, for the bye week. We scrugs take care of it.
Speaker 7: Asked offul questions tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 5: H