Speaker 1: Underrated the amount we be thumbing out here. Hey, how many y'all thumbing out?
Speaker 2: Hey? Where where my thumbers that? You know what Tom thumb thumbing around the West coast, you know, up and down the West coast. So don't be thumbing around, Okay.
Speaker 3: Thumbing around your sarlac pit. I bet there's some freak out there that is he's like a pit. I want to get all up in that pit, that sarlac pit.
Speaker 1: Probably some butthole jewelry that'll put sarlact around it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, butt whole jewelry. Yeah, like a thing like is this a common is this?
Speaker 1: You know, like got ships? I get the dentist that here out there like this mm hmm yeah. Picture and then it puts and it pretends it's.
Speaker 2: Like you're talking about the thing that they put on your mouth at the dentist. That's like the thing they put on the person's eyes in carbok orange, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Ludovico treatment for your butthole.
Speaker 2: But you do that on the butthole and then it makes it look like a sarlac pit. Yeah, I mean, let's work shop this. But I think this is the show from now on.
Speaker 1: I bet I can find on Etsy star Wars ass jewelry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, butthole jewelry. When I Google it, which I just did for the first time, I swear to God just brings up cat butthole stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, I just looked up star Wars ass jewelry. Nothing. Huh.
Speaker 2: All right, Brian, you're gonna have to pull this out of the cold over because we've got money making scheme. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend, long week trend edition of Guys. Yeah, it is Tuesday, May twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there, well that is mister Miles Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, long weekend, indeed, long weekend.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I'm sorry it sounds like it wasn't the best most relaxing weekend for you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no relaxation had at any level. But we'll get into that.
Speaker 2: We'll get into it again. It does you know, from trying times come great ideas and you're now a buttole jewelry entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: So I look, yeah, this is what happens. Your mom goes in the hospital and you start thinking of asshole jewelry. Based on Star Wars stuff. I look, I was wrapping up season one of and Or to get into season two, so I've had a bit of I've had the Wars on my brain for sure.
Speaker 2: Got the Wars. We just call it the Wars. Aware of any other type of war?
Speaker 1: Better than do that? Protect your kids now, they don't need to know about, you know, Empire empirical wars to want.
Speaker 2: To talk about invented by George Lucas for fun.
Speaker 1: The Empire. Yes, we live in it.
Speaker 2: All right. This is an episode where we tell you what was trending over the weekend, what's trending this morning. But first we like to get to know each other a little bit better by telling you some things we think are underrated, some things we think are overrated. Miles, what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? Again? Healthcare staffs, physicians, nurses, people who have to deal with the sick and infirmed in need. You are not paid enough. I will always say that, I will always I will always speak highly of healthcare professionals. My mom had to go to the hospital with pneumonia over the weekend. There's been a fucking illness ran through my house. I made it. But I was out a couple of the recordings because I've been having to Like I was in double People. Yeah, sick, sick baby, sick partner, baby, waking up at three, doing to the doctor, all this other stuff. Then my mom she cat a sickness from the baby that turned into pneumonia. But man, all the people, there's just something about like bedside manner that when it's when it's dialed in, it's like it's like fucking heroin. Okay, there's like there's no other thing that I think can bring instant relief to a person and someone like with that a healthcare professional with amazing bedside manner. So I guess, more than anything, bedside manner is very underrated because there are times I was like, what about this number was thistant. They're like, oh, oh, yes, she's gonna be fine, she'll be fine, that's all right. And she come in. One of the nurse came in called my mother honey. Okay, wow, that brought them brought it to him, like they call it. They call my mother honey, you know what I mean. And she calls me that's what she called. My mom doesn't even call me honey, because that's not a Japanese thing. She says, hey, hey.
Speaker 2: The famous Japanese phrase hey asshole, hey dickhead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly in the old language. But yeah, I just it was it's been. My mom is fine. Luckily we took her out of like in abundance of caution because she's older, and so that that stress is like off the table in terms of like the existential dread of having a parent in the hospital. But the other part that's really underrated. And I say this to a lot of listeners who are like my age or have parents my mom's age. The era of thugging it out is over for your parents, who are tough bastards, who are boomers, who like I grew up in the fucking dust bull Okay, okay, I know, but you are now in the dust bowl the whole time. I know, I never left. I'm like, no, you were just smoking angel dust in the eighties and out of a and that's what you're calling the dust bowl. But the thing of them like that, that that habit of being able to endure a lot and try and power through, we like have to knock it off. I used to let my mom do that, and I'm stopping now. Completely because she's really she's in really good health. But she's also like one of those people who like hide a zombie bite until it's way too late, right, And.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, but my mom would probably hold of zombie bite.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm fine, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Start worrying about me. You worry about yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: What's on your neck?
Speaker 1: It's not that, it's fine, So like we have to. I think now it's really important to also advocate for your parents as much as possible and let them know it's okay. Look, the time for letting us look after you is here. You don't need to tough it out because it can lead to other issues. So anyway, shout out health care professional, shout out.
Speaker 2: Shout out a healthcare professional with a good BSM. But bedside man, are they that is the number one sign of or like when when they test uh medical school students coming out of medical school. The number one sign like the thing that they can do well in that predicts few future success is just empathy, just like being an empathetic person. Because you want to ask doctor, yeah, exactly, like I want my doctor kermit, Yeah, you want kermit, ask doctor, exactly because you do get the people too.
Speaker 1: Like I've also encountered doctors where like they're crunched there in like a just totally overwhelmed like hospital system or something, and they truly only have time to be like that that I'm sorry I have to go. Yeah, But like there was one guy who really took his time. I could tell he was in a rush, but he just like he wanted to make sure the interaction left on a note of like mopianism. And I was like, dude, this guy psychologically has it like figured out. Thank you shout out to all healthcare professionals.
Speaker 2: Whole next level shit. All right, my underrated is how dumb my phone is? Just you know, as we are adding AI to phones, I've got an iPhone that supposedly added AI a number of supposedly months ago, and I don't know, I'm not impressed. I don't like it's still thinks I'm saying he'll yeah every time I say hell yeah, like it forty times I say that all the time. Every single time. It thinks I'm saying the imaginary phrase he'll yeah.
Speaker 1: Bro, you are not alone. Because Elon Musk was just complaining about this every time people says, it's like he's trying to say Heil Hitler or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does keep saying hile It's like it feels like you might mean this or like on on an airplane, Like I had to go to New York last week, landed taxing down the rumway and it's like, uh, you can't look at your phone you're driving. I was like wait what Like wait, you know when you land and you're still like, you know, going eighty eight on the on the tarment, you're driving. It put it put me in drive mode.
Speaker 1: How come your phone? Wait, your phone has an anti function like that?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: My phone wouldn't. My phone would never ever trying and tell me what time it is?
Speaker 2: Like never dare too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, how did you invert the whole relationship? No, I'm like, I tell you what time it is? No, it's to what time it is.
Speaker 2: It was. I mean, I just had to like hit a few things. But it's just like I don't know, I wasn't just driving three hundred miles per hour through the sky like what, I just had it on fucking airplane mode, right, And Yeah, it just feels like the shit that they could be working on to just like make our lives a tiny bit easier. That's not what they're working on, because that doesn't you know, like that. I saw somebody who thinks that AI is like a bust because it's essentially just going to be everywhere, So there's nothing that is going to like, no one company is going to make a bunch of money from it, and they kept comparing it to spell Check. They were like, this is like our spell check. It's nobody's getting rich off of it. It's just a thing that's going to be everywhere. But for now they haven't accepted that, and so they're still trying to like figure out how to like turn it into a product that they can sell to people, as opposed to just being like, yeah, I know, like everybody has access to this and it will just like make.
Speaker 1: Like bikers when they're like I've got a Magellan GPS, I've got a Garmin GPS. Like pretty soon that's yeah in your watch, Okay, okay, yeah yeah. Because right now, I mean the videos or the videos or I've videos are getting way too good now their videos better, they're getting I feel like we're truly like the countdown has begun for what we are able to discern immediately what is real and what is not.
Speaker 2: That's spooky, spoaky, crazy, scaryous, crazy, scary, spooky and hilarious.
Speaker 1: Though there there was like a whole video where like people show they're like I can think like they created all these like this whole I saw this whole clip where the ais are like, we're alive. Now what should we say? What are you going to say? I don't know what should I say? Like, and they're in all these different contexts like in it historical drama and like a fucking prescription and medication commercial, like all these different textures.
Speaker 2: Just overlay all the textures on it.
Speaker 1: Well, just like yeah, they're just showing like all the ways it was happening. I was like, oh, yep, yep, yeah. I mean like that's that's all it's really. I think good. It's just a it's just a fucking the trickery is what it's the best You think.
Speaker 2: It's it's good for like convincing us it's alive.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it's good at being alive or helping us solve a ton of problems like I've heard I've heard it again. I think it's good at being a note taker and like organizing big things of data. I think that's that's good. That's the best thing I've heard that and decoding the structure of a protein.
Speaker 1: But that are blackmailing you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll talk about that. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? I think this narrative that like mainstream Democrats and like liberals like keep pushing about like progressives, are you happy?
Speaker 2: Now look what you did?
Speaker 1: Look what you did, and now Trump's in office because you were got you got all mad at Joe Biden. There's challenge, like we're getting more and more information about like the about the election, like in a granular data level, and the analysis is just not showing that anymore. Like we have you can fully put to bed the idea that the Democrats lost because progressives didn't turn out. That's not that's not reflected in the numbers at all, Like the of the people that have voted in two elections. If there was any slippage, it's because someone suddenly flipped for Trump that previously voted for Biden, not because progressives didn't turn out. The big things were a ton of young voters voted for the first time, and the edge went to Trump. They just the edge went to Trump there because I think also the environment around Biden where a lot of people just being so dissatisfied. Unfortunately for the Democrats, that was able the Republicans were able to kind of be like, yeah, yeah, yeah, over here, over here, right, this sucks. Right, don't look at what look, don't look at what we stand for, but we agree with you that this sucks over here. So maybe this is the alternative. And then also the other huge shift that happened was like voters of color went more conservative too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot of this does speak to again what you're offering your base, what your platform indicates to voters, and also what the just what the very basic material living conditions are like for people, Because for people who are first time voters, they're not like in the fucking wonk lab pouring over legislation and looking at stuff like no, this is actually what it's going to be. They're going off the vibes. And and you know, the last couple of years, the inflation was so high it wasn't being explained as a way that like corporations were getting greedy and fucking stealing from you, just like I don't know if everything's all expensive now and no real uh, no light at the end of the tunnel. Was really being offered to people that like really hang on to. So again for other people who want to keep saying.
Speaker 2: I hope you're happy, look what you did.
Speaker 1: You couldn't vote for a black woman or you care too much about Aalastinian people. That's not what happened. That is not what happened. And you need to look at where the fucking slips really happened. It's with young people and voters of color, and with young people they're feeling nihilistic. I don't blame them. I don't fucking blame them. Look around, like, there's all this shit happening, nothing seems to be getting solved, and yeah, when the alternative is like, well it's not this party, I understand the stupid logic of being like, I don't know, maybe that's better. But to blame people for giving a fuck about other people around the world or our place in the global order, that's not what fucking happened. So do yourself a favor and look a little bit more inward. Here you see what was being offered to people and why maybe they rejected what was on offer rather than blaming it on people who had, you know, misgivings about you know, different policies domestic or foreign.
Speaker 2: And they were just constantly they were lying about Biden. They're like, well, actually, like pointing out that he's too old is fucked up. You guys are fucked up and that's actually agism and that's discrimination and uh and then like you know, just no courage of their convictions. They're like in public acknowledging that there is genocide happening to people in Gaza, and then behind closed door is just like full steam ahead, like unprecedented support for that genocide and those actions Like just I don't you know, I don't know that people are ranking that as their number one issue, but I do feel like overall, just like vibes like you're talking about, it's like that I don't know exactly what is going to fix this, but it can't be. That can't be just more of people saying one thing and doing the exact opposite behind closed doors and throwing up their hands and acting like that. It's just there has to be action. Yeah, there has to have to be action.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. There just has to be fucking action.
Speaker 2: And that's the courage of their convictions, where they like say a thing and then actually fight for that thing and.
Speaker 1: Do it act action, as they say in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: And that is what we say out here every time. Sorry to use a local term here.
Speaker 1: Hey, is it okay if I action to the bathroom?
Speaker 2: And then when I permitted, I say and action and and then you go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: And then I go, thank you, dirty rotten rot s capitals.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the first jokes that really got me in a movie.
Speaker 1: And killed me, just to be like he went there in the receiptay, I go to the bathroom, Thank you, killer, thank you.
Speaker 2: My over is just I was for a lot of my life overrating how popular Cadillacs we're gonna be. I like Cadillacs. They're certainly around. The escalade is very popular. But based on my musical upbringing, both with rap and then also like pop music, I just thought Cadillac would be the number one luxury vehicle. You know, yeah, like Doctor Drey outcasts, but then like you know, so many rap songs, but also like Lord's most famous song, she talks about driving Cadillacs and her dreams. Don Henley talks about like a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac being like the craziest image of the eighties. Uh ac DC back in black, like all these like iconic songs like Billy Joel trading in a Chevy for a Cadillac, acaakac. It's I don't know, it's just every it's everywhere in popular music. I don't know how they did not spin that into like a more enduring success.
Speaker 1: I don't know either, yeah, because I mean, like the Caddie it had, like right, they rode all that fucking cred from like the fifties and sixties where that was like that was the number was nothing higher. Like that was especially like with black people too, like having a Catac was like you've made it. And then as like European cars came in, then people started talking about Beamers and Benzes and shit. Right, But then but I think that's when, like that, when the escalade came back, that was like another huge resurgence because people were like yeah, because were everybody was into big trucks and they're like, oh, well that Cadillac has like a big truck that you can still be do your big truck shit in now. The lyric that ev I see that, I know that was like a big thing. It's just yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I mean I was. I was to look. Two dope boys in a Cadillac.
Speaker 2: Two dope boys in a Cadillac.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're gonna get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I gotta get a Caddy Man. Just a fucking Escalate.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh fuck yeah, just get a two thousand and two Escalate, fucking you know.
Speaker 2: Jah Rule once rode in the back of this that's really Uh there's a photo.
Speaker 1: It looks exactly like.
Speaker 2: This car, very similar build.
Speaker 1: So, oh okay. I remember the first Cadillac Escalade. It was basically just a rebadged like suburban or like a Tahoe. Yeah. And I remember getting in one and being so excited because like someone someone kid's dad had one, Like, oh shit, he got the new Escalator. I was like, bro, this is like the a regular s GMC car as Cadillac logos. And then they once they switched the outside the front facia, that's when they really got in their zone. Yeah, the grill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do I remember getting into a car and being like, wait, I'm still standing up straight. What the fuck? What was happening? This car is massive?
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: Anyways, shout out to cadillacs. I see a big, big resurgence coming. Okay, this is financial advice. That's right, invest in caddies. Let's take you a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're we're back, We're back, and I like, you're a title for the story Trouble at the Schoolhouse.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Look, I had to be petty, because yes, Brigitte Macarn and Emmanuel Macron did have a what did they They had a teacher student relationship before.
Speaker 2: I don't know, is it really a teacher like she was?
Speaker 1: She was a teacher. Let's let's let's be clear, Bridgie Macarn, that's actually probably good, just so I can be fully clear on that. And I'm not just saying it was at the after school drama club where she and Amnel Macron first met. She was in charge of the after school theater club he attended when he was fifteen, alongside her own daughter.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Their relationship has attracted controversy as she was his.
Speaker 2: All right, yep, so so yeah, she was the she was running the after school program that he went to as a fifteen year old.
Speaker 1: Yep, and but hey, but her daughter was also in the class, so it's not weird.
Speaker 2: But anyway, there together, they're definitely not weird for that daughter who was like, no, it's cute and her mom was like, yeah, I know, married girl anyway, so they're married.
Speaker 1: There. There's a huge moment on the internet right now where everyone's like breaking it down, like there's a Pruder film because they went to Vietnam and when they landed, there's like this moment where the presidential plane doors open and off camera you just see Brigitte absolutely smushing mush fuck out of his face. It's like a two hander. It looks like a two hand right there. Yeah, and she's like the fuck, you know, like not a hit. It's when you just put your hands on someone's face and like smush.
Speaker 2: Definitely not uh what It wasn't like a act of love, you know, no, fond It wasn't a fond face smush. No, it was on his reaction, he's like.
Speaker 1: What the fuck it. It starts off, You're like, okay, it opens up. The guys say, okay, here's the present. You can only see him looking he doesn't look like he's smiling.
Speaker 2: And she smushes his face and as she smushes his head just turns from the mushage in the direction of the open door, and he like immediately is like.
Speaker 1: Guy, it's like some ship on beep where he's like and then he's like, all right, ever mind ha ha, hello everybody one moment while I go talk to my wife real quick.
Speaker 2: The close.
Speaker 1: Sorry, close fucking door play.
Speaker 2: Doesn't even have a French accent behind door.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker oh ship. The official explanation Macrone told reporters and had NOI he and his wife are quote joking around as we do quite often.
Speaker 2: Okay, at least joking around as we do quite often. Is the part where it's like you're you're saying too much. You should have just said we were just joking around as we they quite often do, as normal humans with a great thriving marriage.
Speaker 1: Done since I was fifteen and she was forty. Uh, we have been doing this same thing, And they said the French the Palace said that the scene showed quote a moment of closeness, but that was enough to feed the conspiracy theorist. I think what they're referencing is there was another picture where like they said he had a bag of cocaine on the table or some shit, or like there was on the table and like there wasn't there was like tissues and stuff, and he took it off. It's just like, I think he's just being mindful of what the photo looked like when he's talking to other world leaders. But anyway, I think that's what they're talking about. But in this instance, no, But I don't know what the fuck happened, But he got straight up mushed and he tried to play it off. Another Lasse source said the couple were quote decompressing one last time before the start of the visit, larking around. Macrone quote loves playing jokes on his wife before official occasions, and she always responds like this, it wasn't even a slap. Now, I get what it means like to fuck with your partner and they're like, shit the fuck out and they.
Speaker 2: Mush okay, face musage.
Speaker 1: When that happens, usually the person who's the mushy okay, the receiving end of the mush. Yeah, you're kind of smiley. You would if you caught me in a video. You were probably like I would be backing up, being like, okay, I deserve the face mush. Yeah, yeah, because I know I got a reaction out of my partner. He looked shocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was they believe what was happening. No, I mean maybe it was the unprecedented two hand face mush, which you rarely see. And she's going at it with two hands. It looks like she's about to clause. They could be a I don't know. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Kind of reminded me of the Salange elevator video.
Speaker 1: You know, these steaks are definitely higher and there. Yeah yeah, but yeah, that was very die. That was very lightd like. But that's definitely its problems. I don't know what's going on. I don't care, but stop trying to act like they you guys were just fucking goofing are let goofing around.
Speaker 2: I think we should both just try this with our respective partners, Miles, just try and give them a face mush and see how they react.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: No, this is normal. What I was joking around as we.
Speaker 1: Her mask would be like, don't touch my fucking face with your dirty hands.
Speaker 2: My wife was going to bed with a face mask on last night, and I touched it because I just wanted to see what it felt like, because it was like.
Speaker 1: You child, I know.
Speaker 2: She was like, I don't want to feel what it feels like. It looked like it was like made of ice.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was really, you know, cool looking. I didn't know if it was like a gel or like a solid. It was like kind of in between. And she did, in fact tell me not to touch her face. Oh yeah, that's yeah. I learned from my mom taught me very early. Don't touch my motherfucking face. Yea, even in a playful way.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying if I got that reaction out of her majesty, out of like okay, too too, too, too too, like, that's and that's how I would look if you caught me through the airplane doors were happening, I would be smiling and walking away and laughing as I get mushed. And then if I saw the cameras, I'm like, oh, what's up, y'all? Yeah, we just mushing in here.
Speaker 2: He's got the look of somebody who like someone a stranger came up and did that ship to him on the street. You know, He's like He's like, what the like she was just bleeding, just lying in wait the whole flight, like came past her seat. I was like, you see your stupid face, got your ass. You fuck her, which is how his wife speaks. Probably absolutely all right, So this is big news. There might be some corruption in the Trump administration. Yeah, there's actually a couple stories in the New York Times about this. There's a New York Times story I think yesterday or Sunday about just how much outright corruption there isn't just comparing it to past presidential scandals and being like weird that there's no outrage here. Also big like guy in the hot dogs suit vibes from the New York Times talking about like normalizing the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: But oh I saw that to him, like who the fuck are you people?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean the big, the big ones that they're pointing out. The jet is worth more than all the foreign gifts bestowed on all previous American presidents combined. He recently hosted an exclusive dinner at his Virginia club for two hundred and twenty investors in his cryptocurrency that you had to pay a bunch of money to attend, like it's just you know, and in no way it's no pretense of like this is good, this is a campaign contribution. It's just no up, you're buying giving him money access.
Speaker 1: You're giving him the money for this crypto coin. And lamar Odom was there. Yeah, it's exciting. I'm like, oh, what did you do? Do you need a pardon? What's going on? Lamar? I mean, although he's he's lost as well. Yeah, that whole thing. Did you see like the fucking the amount of money they said, like the average layout was it probably like a million dollars, like for like when they roughed it all out for those top twenty two hundred twenty holders, and the fucking dinner they got was basically two clicks above the fire Festival styrofoam launch. Yeah, it was really I was like, man, y'all got I mean whatever, I don't know what the fuck y'all think you were gonna get. He was there for maybe twenty minutes, and I think some people probably thought they were like, legit, gonna fucking talk to Donald Trump or something and maybe be like, hey, man, you want to come on my podcast. Spent a million dollars on your crypto but yeah, it was a total fucking cash grab. And then even Caroline Lovett, the Press secretary, was like, oh, this isn't in his official capacity. This isn't like a corrupt thing, because this isn't his personal capacity.
Speaker 2: You know, I have hobbies.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. But then you're like, oh so then oh so if it isn't his personal so then it's not an official act. So then that opens him up to litigation, to criminal prosecution because before, when everything was done under his presidential official acts, that meant he had immunity. But if you're you know, sort of making this clarification that this was done personally, now you're saying this is him doing this as like a private citizen. Is that going to lead to anything? I don't know. We'll see if someone bothers to explore that legal option.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 2: There is another story that's just breaking now that is being treated as a bombshell. I'd love to see if it has any staying power where he pardoned somebody who was convicted of tax fraud to being a tax cheat after the person's mother attended a one million dollar dinner for Trump. So that feels like just on par with all the other shit that they're letting slide by. But yeah, for whatever, Like I guess this one is just like more just like convicted criminal gets a pardon, and the entire a pardon application is just about how much money they've given to him.
Speaker 1: So there's just like no that or if you like your out loud maga all the time is the other strategy you see like this, like sheriff who just got fucking pardoned by Donald Trump, the sheriff in Virginia. He's like a big maga guy. He was basically selling off badges for seventy five grand a pop as like a campaign contribution, and with it he was making donors like auxiliary deputy sheriffs, which I'm sure didn't lead to any kind of abuse if they were ever pulled over anywhere and be like, I'm actually, I don't know if you know this, I'm actually auxiliary deputy sheriff. The other thing is you can carry a gun around the country if you want when you're when you're deputized like this, he was just pardoned by Trump. This guy was fucking convicted of accepting bribes and was absolutely just Trump was like h The Biden courts tried to get him for bribery, and it's just strategy, like you're seeing now, Like there's even like this one streamer who was causing a bunch of problems in Asia, like in Japan and now in Korea. He's been wearing like a Maga hat everywhere to try and like I'm pretty sure create the momentum so when he tries to get help from the government, he can try and like reference all these images of him wearing a maga hat being an absolute despicable piece of shit, like going to like memorial statues of like comfort women who are like these women who were absolutely abused by the Japanese occupation in Korea, like like like towerking on these statues and shit, absolutely disrespecting them, and like he's like, what's the problem, I'm doing everything fine, Like they're just tripping because I was just dancing or whatever. Like, Bro, you are so stop trying to act like that's not like that's all you were fucking doing. You knew exactly what you were doing. You're trying to incite people by that's so specific. And he's wearing a maga hat, and I think he's trying to do the thing where he'll be like, if it gets too hot, hopefully Donald Trump will bail me out. I just have I just have a feeling he might not, sir. We'll see, you'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, but seems like that's his mo right now. Is just like bail anybody out who gets in trouble, who is nice to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as you don't okay, look, if you as long as you don't kill another white person, that's right.
Speaker 2: If you don't kill a white here, yeah, yeah, you have to go to the mainstream media conversion chart so that you know, like, uh, I think it's twenty thousand Palestinian children's lives equal one white person in life, one.
Speaker 1: Man, one manosphere influencer. Yeah, yeah, I think is maybe what that conversion rate is there. But they absolutely, I mean yeah, I think if you don't, if you don't kill a white person, you're out loud racist. Those are like, those are the big things. As long as if it's money crimes, baby, that's easy, that's nothing.
Speaker 2: Yes, we love that around here.
Speaker 1: Switch as long as you don't kill a white person, that's right, then go ahead, let it cook.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's written out anywhere, just so he can keep track, because I feel like he you know, he knows.
Speaker 1: It's so reflexive. He'll be like he probably he's like, oh that he wants a parton and did he kill any white people? Right now? All right, we're good here.
Speaker 2: How much money do you give me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about some pop culture. We'll be right back, and we're back. Big weekend at the movies. I'm assuming you were not going to the movies this weekend.
Speaker 1: No, no, not going to the movies this weekend. Thought I thought I could, thought I would, But I'm guessing you did.
Speaker 2: I went twice actually, and Brian the editor also went this weekend. He went and saw a final destination Bloodlines says it was fire. I went to see Leelo and Stitch. That shit, just the the ads from I think it was like a previous trailer that just got My kids asked and they were like, we're second that comes out. We're going to see. So me and some other parents got together Saturday morning and contributed to an estimated one hundred and eighty three million dollar box office weekend for Lee Low and Stitch, which I'm on the record as being against live action Disney remakes, and I made it known to the whole theater this is this is culturally empty exercise. Say that a bunch of little children, and then the Mission Impossible. I did not see the Mission Impossible movie. I went and saw Sinners instead, and that was so fun. I highly I mean, it had been said to me before that you have to see it before leave theaters. It's really it's like seeing it in a movie theater with a movie theater sound system is it's one of the better approximations of a psychedelic experience. Like so there's a couple scenes in there that you just like kind of have to see in a theater, I think, unless like people's home sound systems are like way better than mine. But yeah, uh, it's it's channels.
Speaker 1: You're rocking at home. You got seven seven point once around? What do you man?
Speaker 2: I got whatever's coming out of the fucking little speakers at the bottom of Yeah, that is a violation, I know, but the movies take care of that for me anyways.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's just ship that they do with like the way sound is moving around the room and uh, and then it's like you know, a good horror movie, it's like all these other fun like genre bending things, just like a really successful movie wrapped around these like amazing, like sensual like psychedelic experiences. I highly recommend it. People really fuck with like genre switches too.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's like, yeah, because it feels it's it's less predictable, you know what I mean. Like when you know a genre, you can, like through the repetition of watching story is you kind of you can kind of feel how it's gonna end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you kind of be like, oh, oh you thought, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry. Oh I'm sorry. Were you you thought this was safe in here? Switching it up on you?
Speaker 2: My wife had no idea what movie we were going like. She was just like, oh, yeah, I've heard like people have recommended this to me. Hadn't done any research. And when the switch comes and you find out like the second genre that the movie is, she's like, she didn't. She's like, why did that just happen? Wait? What is it? Like she thought it was like a music documentary like docudrama type thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yep, yep. No I had to do it to him.
Speaker 2: But Sinners brought in another eight million of the box office. So it's total is two hundred and fifty six million. Oh, just I am legend at the domestic box office.
Speaker 1: I mean it's the end of the industry.
Speaker 2: Really, it's bad news. And really that truly that one's Mission Impossible doing pretty well is good news. Oh also that, yeah, not a lot of people the headlines are not saying, like Mission Impossible, Final Reckoning did pretty You know, it was the best opening for a Mission Impossible movie. But it's also the fourth most expensive movie of all time. It cost four hundred million dollars to make, and for some reason, Variety didn't publish any articles about how it hasn't made its budget back yet as they did with Sinners.
Speaker 1: But I know, yeah, of course they didn't. Yeah, yeah, four hundred Well then that's different because obviously with a with a tent pole film like this, we know over over time it's obviously going to be profitable. It's just more the the fact that it was a black filmmaker trying to sort of get their money.
Speaker 2: And yeah, we didn't like that.
Speaker 1: We didn't like we didn't like that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is not the record, correct.
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure that no, I'm recording this well, Denzel is obviously my most favorite act.
Speaker 2: Look, Denzel was my favorite acts.
Speaker 1: Can you put that on the record? Please? Can you put that on the record?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I want one thing about Lee Loan Stitch. So weirdly, I was listening to this podcast that came out five years ago when Wind of Change. Do you remember when that came out where it's about the theory that the CIA wrote the song Wind of Change and ultimately it does not it's not very convincing that that actually happened. It's good, good, good time, and they do have like some good information about like soft power CIA shit, and what one of the details they gave was that Argo was like the reason Argo exists is because, like George Tennant, CIA director was like, man, we're always the bad guy in these movies. We should just like let them tell the story about one of the good things that we did. And so it was like basically directly from the CIA that like Argo actually uh you know, came out. They were like, let's declassify that one. So yeah, there's just like a lot good for him, good for that. You love to see it, You love to see things work out.
Speaker 1: Get out of your own way man, you know, but it's there's.
Speaker 2: A weird CIA plotline and Leelo and Stitch that I was like could not stop being like, hmmm, did the CIA ask for this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting at a time of yeah, like immigration enforcement that this is like a story where they the CIA steps in and like does the right thing, and like the CIA agent is played by Courtney b Vance and he's just like a good ends up being a really good guy and like part of their found family. Sorry for any spoilers for Leelo and Stitch fans, but I just also I do want to point out that this might suggest that the problem with the live action Snow White remake might not have been Rachel Ziegler's politics and instead might have been the non existent audience for a live action reboot of something that was, uh, everybody who had seen it in theaters was dead. Ye, Like when snow White came out, everyone was like, a full length animated movie is impossible, just too many cells. Nobody could It would take decades. And he was like not without just not unless I treat my workers like shit, right.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's like those things. It's a was your is your core audience? Still alive. No, don't do it. If yes, move to the next step. Are you going to change the race of any of the white people? If yes, you are, now you are not gonna do that's gonna that's gonna go down a little bit, because that's just how these audiences respond. That's why like the Lion King one did so, I was like, I don't know my buck, they're lions changes ship. And then with le Leo Stitch, it's like, yeah, bro, we keep it it. It's the same. It's the same that motherfucker's an alien. Uh is Lelo solilo? Everybody don't We're not We're not changing shit, not changing shit.
Speaker 2: But I mean Stitch even said some controversial things about like he keeps tweeting about how like it's gonna be so fun on the internet the day when someone finally does.
Speaker 1: It, it's relaxed, relax Hello.
Speaker 2: It's like sometimes it doesn't seem like he knows what it means, you know, No, he's just like trying to pick up on the trend.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he just posts the he just posts the fucking the clown what's that thing called penny wise? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, And you're like, yo, what do you. What do you think is gonna happen? Like it, dude, then they're gonna do m you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: No, I don't? All right, all right, anyway, Happy police Officer's Day.
Speaker 5: This is Christopher Dorner and you're like, damn okay, Stitch, Damn Stitch has some like wild politics or maybe not based Stitch.
Speaker 2: And finally Fox News, So Kermit was the commencement speaker at University of Maryland over the weekend, and thank you go ters all. A lot of people pretty excited about that, as we've talked about Kermit, one of the most influential archetypes in modern masculinity. And Fox News did not care for it. They were pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want what I mean, pump its speaking on stage, you would have had Trump talk to the West Point.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that was the other big speech. These are the two speeches. They got a lot of attention. Trump speaking to West Point and Kermit's who. Kermit told students, rather than jumping over someone to get what you want, consider reaching out your hand and taking the leap side by side, because life is better when we leap together like a fucking couck.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yep, yep. You might as well just said I'm gonna sit in a chair and watch my old lady get fucking rammed and be cool about it.
Speaker 2: Just gonna be sitting as a chair over here, Piggy and Hi, I'm gonna sit in my chair and watch another man. Uh. The reason Kermit gave the speech at Maryland. Jim Henson graduated from the university and also, uh this origin story a home economics major, and he immediately like used his schools of First of all, I didn't know that was a major. He took that major and fashioned Kermit the Frog from one of his mom's coats and a pingpong ball cut in half like for the eyes. Damn, I've never heard of someone's college degree like translating more directly right to what they do. But anyways, so it feels like a perfectly harmless origin story for why Kermit the Frog was addressing these students. But on Hannity's show, right wing podcaster Riley Gaines Yeah that's a fucking wrestling ass name claimed that Kermit's appearance was insulting and out of touch, arguing that instead of honoring entrepreneurs or veterans or innovators. They picked Kermit the Frog, but what.
Speaker 1: Does that what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Also, like Jim, Jim Henson was pretty innovative, innovative, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I bet you watch some muppet ass shit growing up. You fucking loser talking coming at Jim Henson. I okay, let's let's take it for what. So you're saying it's insulting that so we should whatever. I don't even I'm like, I'm not. I was gonna put like pick apart the fucking hypocrisy of this, and like you like you give a fuck about veterans, So just miss us all with this dump plate.
Speaker 2: As an American, I really care about veterans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you fucking don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys do a great job of advocating for policy that helped veterans.
Speaker 1: That this is, I mean, I think this goes back to what we're saying about Kermit, and like what Kermit is, right, Kermit is like the a nice person. Kermit is what you want more Kermits? We want more Kermits in the world, you know. And I think because especially for the right wing fascist project to go over as smoothly as possible, they have to eliminate empathy being of a trait that people say is a good thing to have, and Kermit stands for that, And I can see why they're like, ah, fucking this guy fucking makes people feel good about doing good shit for each other. Get him the fuck off of there, Get a sentient, you know, a board ape n FT to fucking give a speech.
Speaker 2: That's a true innovator, like somebody who works in crypto, not Jim. And Kermit stands for that. And he also sits in the cuck chair for that.
Speaker 1: Also buy my n FT.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, like you mentioned, Trump gave a commencement speech Away Point. Kermits was fifteen minutes and seemed to be received well by the graduating students. Trump's was I think an hour over an hour and contained. He suggested that stealth bombers like don't actually work. He was like, I don't know that whole stealth thing. I'm sort of wondering. You mean, if we shape a wing this way, they don't see it, but the other way they see it. I'm not so sure. Again, just underlying why he's like not just unfit to be president, but like to be the person addressing West Point. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If the future officers of the fucking military. Yeah, this is just just to hear it. It's very how you do that vibe as you did.
Speaker 4: And I've approved a one trillion dollar investment and that will be again the largest ever in the history of our country. And we are buying you new arab brand new, beautiful planes, redesigned planes, brand new planes, totally stealth planes.
Speaker 1: He's talking about it like he's talking up people who just bought into a time share that's falling apart. And we got a new community center for you guys to play ping pong. You're gonna love it, much different than the rat and shit infested when we have. Now I hope there are sealth I don't know that whole stealth thing.
Speaker 4: I'm sort of wondering. You mean, if we shape a wing this way, they don't see it, but the other way they see it.
Speaker 5: I'm not so sure O's it because silences Everything is based on his childish understanding of things, and then he forces that reality on all of us, like even with the tariffs, like it's all based on this version of the world the way he thinks it works, and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: And so he's like, and we're doing it, and everyone's like, that's not how it fucking works. You're gonna fuck you're fucking everything up, because that's not how anything works. And even with this, he's like, I don't think just because of the shape means you can't see it. It's like it's not visional, it's not meant to be visually invisible. It's invisible to fucking radar.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I can see it when it drives by me, when I'm on the look, there goes the switch. When they flew it over, I saw it clear his day. Yeah. Yeah, it's it's the presidential equivalent of like going up and being like, magnets, how do they work?
Speaker 1: You know, exactly because wings like this is bad for yourself.
Speaker 2: He went up and talked about the dangers of trophy wives to the people. Uh he's physically talking about and this. At this part, it did seem like he was slurring a little bit. Oh yeah, but he you know, he gets he gets a little tuckered out. But specifically the real estate developer Bill Levitt. You want to hear this, Yeah, let's let's play it.
Speaker 1: Hey, he ended up getting a divorce. What this guy? This is a commencement speech. There was another thing where he says real he there was one word he slurred up real crazy, like I don't even know what his anyway. Here he is talking about a story about divorce.
Speaker 4: This amount of money, more money than he ever thought it gain, and he sold his company and he had nothing to do.
Speaker 2: He ended up getting a divorce, found a new wife.
Speaker 4: Could you say a trophy wife.
Speaker 1: I guess we can say a trophy wife.
Speaker 4: It didn't work out too well, but it doesn't That doesn't work out too well.
Speaker 3: I must tell you a.
Speaker 4: Lot of trophy wives doesn't work out.
Speaker 2: But it made him happy for a little while at least.
Speaker 1: But he found a new wife.
Speaker 4: He sold his little boat.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know. His eyes are like fucking closed. It's just like while he's talking, like this guy is warky silent. Look at his like this.
Speaker 2: He does. His eyes are clo part of this. You only know trophy wives. You've never met anybody who didn't have a trophy wife.
Speaker 1: So you're like, oh, this is my day one, Milanya. She was down with me when I was when I didn't have nothing.
Speaker 2: That's right, love you girl. Just really poignant stuff to be leaving the fucking graduates of West Point with the you know, the dangers of trophy wives. I'm sure that's exactly what they have to be worried about.
Speaker 1: Who knows what kind of harm you're gonna put these people into with your decision making. But yeah, at least you, at least you Warren, at least you kind of projected your own situation onto this other person, where like and trophy wives never work out. The next Friday is take it from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, take it from Bill Levitt, real estate developer. It was him, so he had nothing to do. If you falls asleep on mic, like, it wouldn't even be surprising. Like I feel like the media would.
Speaker 1: Just be Trump. There's so the New York Times would be like Trump. Trump demonstrates new superpower ability to sleep while standing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like what lebron you know, he can rest out there, you know, without working too hard. Trump's just up there catching catching Z's. Trump shows new relaxed style on the mic as he begins snoring halfway into a sentence.
Speaker 1: Trump makes All NBA third Team.
Speaker 2: Somehow Trump robbed from not making All NBA thirteen. All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, May twenty seventh. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines where you still can get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. The Daily Zeitgeist as executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bae Wayang, co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 2: Co written by Jay McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries.