Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Pick. It's the holiday season, the best time of year for sports, Bowl games, basketball matchup, playoff pushes. It's all happening at once. And while you and I out here making decisions every day, what gifts to buy, what to eat, which games to watch, there's one place where it feels good to be right, Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: We're in the thick of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down right sick. But don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. Week thirteen of Football Thanksgiving Football did not disappoint dak CD. More and more Cowboys are heating up at the right time, and the Bills and the Steelers man Josh Allen look good not running game right on time. New feature Alert Prize Picks now has early payoffs. If your lineup gets off to a hot start, you may have the option to cash out those winnings before the game even finishes. Prize Pick is simple to play. Just pick more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Download the Prize Pick app today, use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize fix.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite UNC Shannon Sharp, and my partner and co hosts as normal joins me every time we do Nightcap. He's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, a former pro bowler and an All Pro. He's Chad O Chosenko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three that joins us on Wednesday. Hopefully we can get him a little bit more once basketball season kicks off. Little Rock, Arkansas Native Universe Arkansas alum, seven time All Star. Here he is, Ladies and gentlemen, mister Ice, Oh, Joe Johnson, Joe, how you doing tonight? Bro?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, come on, and I woke up this morning. I can't complain baby.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, well, ain't none to complain about ever that then please make sure you hit that subscribe button, please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and your continue support, because thanks to you, this is what we've become, and only because of you we will, we shall continue to rise. All the awards, all the adulation and praise that Nightcap receives is only because of you, and none of this is possible without you. So thank you again for your support and you'll continue support.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: For those just trying to get a bottle of Shade by Laportier, if it's not any state or sitting near you, you can order it online or just head over to la Portier Kanyak dot com to grab you a bottle. This Friday, December fifth, we'll be at the Total Wins and more on sixty eight eighty five Las Vegas Boulevard at six pm. Come over, say hello to your favorite, get your battle of Shade, get it signed, let's have some conversation. We'll greatly appreciate you stopping by. It is the best tasting premium bsop kangyak on the market. Compare it against other vsop Kangjaks and I'm sure once you taste it, you'll see the smoothness the tastes. Hey, we're second to none. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms. That's Shayshay Media and my clothing company. That link is pinning to the chat. We have Alisia Bumgardner joining us a little bit later, but first we start with basketball. But before we get into that, we want to thank each and every one of you. Today we find out in the YouTube rankings we're the number thirteen podcasts, not just of sports, but of all things, all the there are over five hundred different podcasts that's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Will number thirteen? Five?
Speaker 1: Ok, five, they're five thousands. There are thousands of podcasts on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Wait, number thirteen.
Speaker 1: We're the number one sports podcast of all the people that do sports. Yeah, we're number one on YouTube of all the people that do sports. We don't need to call no name, we don't need to HiPE ourselves up, but try to talk down to someone else. But I'm just saying this is only because of you, because none of this is possible without you. All the things that I've been through and oh Joe still by men, Joe came back and joined us. All of this is because of you, and I personally can't thank you enough. What you want to say with Joe, Wait a.
Speaker 4: Minute, I'm listening to the numbers. The numbers is astonishing. Now we barely into that in our second year. Now we talk about thousands of thousands and thousands of other podcasts, many that have started before us, and the fact that we're thirteen that's tremendous.
Speaker 5: That is an amazing accomplishment.
Speaker 4: And obviously our success is all because of you that continue to watch and support us. Y'all of the meat and potatoes to why this thing is going the way it is. And I want to thank you from the goodness and the greatness of my heart and and and and what we just started. And we're gonna get to that number one spot.
Speaker 5: We're gonna were gonna get there, that's our goal.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Joe came on with us last year and uh to do basketball, and he came back with us again this year. So we want to thank Joe for being a part of this. And uh uh A lot of people were trying to get Joe, but Joe, he was looking for the right situation, some way be himself, be comfortable and talk about not only basketball, but he wanted to talk about other topics as well. So we think Joe is the perfect fit for Nightcap to be a big three that's on Wednesday night, and as I said, as we move into the new year, hopefully Joe did want to come on for an extra night.
Speaker 3: But we'll see how that pans out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all you guys that's watching, that's listening, that spread us, that spread Nightcap the word of mouth. Oh Joe and I and Joe want to personally thank you for your support and you'll continue support. But first we got to start with some basketball. Joe Rich Paul time with the Los Angeles Clippers, and I guess they say the second time is not better than the first time. Paul sent home by the franchise late last night, in the middle of a five game road trip CP three rode on Ig just found out I'm being sent home. The Clippers then are now saying that they had released Paul, saying Chris is a legendary Clipper and had a historic career. But I want to make one thing very clear. No one is blaming Chris Paul for our underperformance. I accept responsibility for the record we have right now, and there are a lot of reasons why we've struggled. We're grateful for the impact Chris has made on this franchise. According to Shams, chris leadership style clash with the team and he had not spoken to ty Lou for several weeks. Per Chris Haynes, Chris Paul requested a meeting with Lou to discuss perception he was a negative presence on the team, and Lou refused to meet. Joe, having played seventeen years in the NBA, had been one of the leaders at a lot of different places. What do you deduce what happened? And how did what seemed promising the second time around? How did it go so bad so quickly? Well, Uncle Ocho, sounds like to me. I played with obviously, I played with toront Luke. He was a point guard here in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: I had a chance to play with Chris Paul in the USA and two thousand and six, and I played with him in Houston. That that one year with James Harden was just unbelievable and we lost to the Warriors game. What was that seven to the win to the finals. So I know I know both of these guys pretty well. Uh Chris, Chris Paul is a point guard, is very bullheaded. You know, he is a national leader. So if he sees something that he doesn't like or he don't think that's that's helping the team. Man, he's obviously gonna voice that, he's gonna say something. You know, he's just one of those guys who can't help it. But Uncle Ocho, y'all know, losing exposes a lot, Man, it exposes a lot. And when you're getting your butt kicked night in and night out, you know, I feel like you have to put the blame on someone. And unfortunately, you know, it seems though even though they came out with statement and said Chris is just has nothing to do with it. You know, his our record is why we excusing him from the team. But it's just a bad look, man on a guy who's already who is a Hall of Fame point guard, who's already said that this is last year planned, you know what I mean. So it's like, what was so bad or egregious that he couldn't stick it out this full year?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: That's that's yet to be determined. Obviously it'll take one of those guys to kind of speak on it. But it just seems like an unfortunate situation.
Speaker 3: Man losing does a bill character. It reveals character and what.
Speaker 1: Transpired, what transprit Let me tell you, Let me let me tell you from a football perspective, and let me know what you think. Joe, Yeah, you see, Chris Paul has always been one of the two or three best guys on the team. He's an All NBA selection, he's an All DEMBIA, a defensive selection. He's one of the top two or three point guards year and the year out. You see, Oh, Joe and Joe, as you start to slip, your voice is not as loud and it can't be is loud. So things that you would normally say when you was All NBA, you was all defensive, You could go to the coach, the man, the meeting and no problem. You see, Oh Joe, you know this. The fifty third man can't get a meeting with the head coach. The one two, three four guy can get a meeting with the head coach. And you see what transfired. Yeah, he's saying, what's going on? But nobody wants to hear that, Chris, because you're not the player. You can't help us get out of what's going on. This is what I take from. This is what I take I think happened. This thing went awry when they gave up all those picks for Paul George and they moved heaven and earth to get Kawhi, Leonard Kawhi had they won one championship. You see, Toronto gave up a lot to get Kawhi. It was well worth it because what Joe, they won a championship. You see, now the Clippers are farther away from winning a championship than when they were before they even got Kawhi. Yes, so now we're giving up all these picks. Y'all see what Shaye doing on a nightly basis. Not only did it win a championship, he's Finals MVP, the league MVP. And we had him, Joe, we had him. We had a goose that was laying golden eggs, and we gave him away. We made the biggest mistake, says ASoP, gave us Kingdom away.
Speaker 3: Four horse.
Speaker 1: That's what happens as you get old, and it happens to all of us. Were all not gonna have the same ability to go speak or to go knock on the Boston door and have a conversation with him. It will happen to us all. And that is what happened to Chris Paul. Chris thought he was from out from outside looking at in chat. I haven't talked to anybody. I have not talked to anybody. So I'm just saying from my standpoint, yes, Chris is looking at himself. He's Chris Paul and CP three in name only, not in play. So if you can't produce the same way, you can't expect to have the same kind of leeweight.
Speaker 3: You can't be that critical.
Speaker 1: Because you could be critical when he was that guy, when he was in New Orleans or all these other place where he's in Houston and he's a whole KC.
Speaker 3: You could have that. Yeah, when you.
Speaker 1: Play eight ten minutes a night, guys, you don't get that kind of you don't get that kind of leeway. You don't have that kind of luxury. That's what I deduce from what happened in this situation.
Speaker 5: A Joe and Uncle.
Speaker 4: I'm curious obviously with Chris Paul. With Chris Paul playing as long as he's playing, being a seasoned veteran in the game, understanding what it takes to win. The Clippers have had mishaps obviously with the trade, which with Shay and other things not going right with the Kawhi trade.
Speaker 5: Why not why not he not be able.
Speaker 4: To express themselves and say, this is what you what we need to do if you want to see things go in the right direction. Why would they not listen to him? Why would they not take heed to what he's saying? Does management or do the people in positions of power have that much of ego? Are they that prideful to let someone that has put the kind of work that Chris Paul is done in the league itself and being successful Hall of fame at that they won't even just listen.
Speaker 2: Oh so it sounds more like of how the message is being delivered to me if you ask me, like, it's a way you can still lead. Although he's coming off the bench, he's trying to be that spark plug, that lead off the bench. You know, he can't help, you know, to get a little emotional probably, you know, throughout this course of the season, man, it's been a rough patch for the Clippers early. You know what I mean. I watched him play numerous of times, so I know the frustration has set in. Like like I'm saying, when emotions is high, logic is low, you know what I mean. So they standon, had a meeting, he released the he released the IG post at three in the morning, said they were sending him home. From my understanding, they was meeting up to that point. That's how long it took for them to kind of get an understanding. So it ain't just clear cut and dry that they just let him go like. It was more to the situation that obviously that'll probably never get out to the public, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a situation, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Maybe there was certain It's hard for me to believe this is an isolated ancident, This is a one time thing. Maybe Chris being the vocal leader everywhere he's being, was being vocal.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was being a little too vocal. Oh Joe, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: A special Teams guy is not gonna say Marvin, I need to talk to you, and Marvin opened his door. That's not happening. You could do that. Carson could do that. Voluntee Burfett could do that.
Speaker 3: MH.
Speaker 1: You have to understand that in the pecking order, everybody doesn't Bill Davis. Bill Davis, my college coach, told me one time. He showed the team one time. He said, I'm an cheat to treat y'all all fair, but I'm not gonna treat you the same.
Speaker 3: Do it that a chat? Do with that what you want?
Speaker 1: You know, on the job, the boss might treat y'all all fair, but some of y'all said, well, he got favorite X, Y and Z, but they don't treat you all the same. Kawhi get privileges. I remember Paul Jordan even had a conversation. That's what Rob pat bailed them the wrong way. Them guys coming late. We got a hold. We can't start practice, we can't take off on the bus, we can't take off on the plane. Well, that's what happens when you're one of the two star players. You get listened to. When you're not the star player and you're not even playing fifteen twenty minutes a night, it's hard. First of all, the guys are not gonna listen to you to save or Joe that guy that oh Joe. How many times the special team guys said, come on, oh Joe, let's go. You looking at him like, if you don't sit your ass down to get out my face, I can't tell you what somebody told me.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you what I know.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely he At the same time, you know, I know CP he understands like, Okay, I got a great relationship with James Hard and I got a good relationship with Kawhi Leonard. He ain't if it's really something that wrong or you know, something that's really messing with him, I'm sure he would go to them and hey, look, man, we gotta go talk to coach. We gotta go talk to t Lou. He'll go to James Harden, He'll go to Kawhi. We need to go talk to t Lou about this situation. Man, Hey, we gotta be better here. We gotta be better that. I just can't see him over going over James Harden and Kawhi and then just going straight to the source being like, hey man, we got an x y Z you know what I mean? Like I think I think he has I know he has more sense in that, and obviously his value and his say so into this through those dudes, obviously it will be heard, you know a lot better as though it's just coming from him. So I really I'm not sure what really got him to this point. But like I said, man, I've watched him play a few times and it hasn't been pretty.
Speaker 1: The man getting D and p's healthy scratches. It's only a matter of time. That is the prideful man. That man has played twenty with twenty one NBA season, Joe, like I said, he's a top seventy five player all time. Hut that sink in for just a second.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 1: He's getting healthy D and PS, D and P healthy scratch, DMP, healthy scratch, not an injury, not coaching decision, healthy stratch. So now is telling you now, I don't, Like I said, I don't know. Maybe you know, Hey, y'all need to do this. Y'all need to do that. Man, it's kind of hard to tell somebody something when you're not doing it or you can't help us do it. Yeah, but this situation is bigger than Chris Paul because the Clippers right now, Chat and y'all know this, and everybody that's listening to us know this. The Clippers are farther away from winning a championship right now than when they were before they got Kawhi. Kawhi injuries has helped harmed this team. Giving up all those draft picks. Do you know, Oto, but ok see Thunder still get the clippers number one draft pick in twenty six. Think about that, all those picks they got, they built this roster.
Speaker 3: They built a team that's.
Speaker 1: Set for the next decade thanks to the Clippers. Thanks to the Clippers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they missed. They missed big time. This is more than miss.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure I can think of another word, you know, to to definitively describe what the Clippers did when they.
Speaker 5: Let Shay go.
Speaker 4: And Uncle, I asked, I mean Joe, I asked Uncle this or earlier. Most of the time, if you if you can see you know, scouts and gms, there's there's a there's a visual where you can tell a player special because certain players look better than other players, even if they're young and they're just coming to your team, you can already see the promise and the potential in them.
Speaker 5: So I asked, Uncle, well.
Speaker 4: How the hell they even let Shake get out the goddamn building anyway? When he's as special as he is, You're not gonna tell me, Oh, he's with the Clippers, and he's like, I you know what I think we can we can do without this individual. And then all of a sudden, he goes to Oklahoma and looks like he does now one of the best in the league. O Joe, Hey, Judy, maybe one depending on who you god damn asked, based on preference on the position and play you actually liked.
Speaker 5: So what the hell was the Clippers looking at?
Speaker 2: Dang, they didn't see this, bro, So this they see. They knew he was gonna be special. They knew he was gonna be special. But Ojo, I promise you, they ain't see this, bro. They didn't see I'm gonna be honest with you. I ain't see this. I thought he was a hell of a player, right, but the mega starring on that he's jumped himself into the consistency that he plays with and being reliable night in and night out with thirty plus points at night obviously, the one championship looking like they gonna repeat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yea man and boys twenty one and one man.
Speaker 1: Yes, he couldn't be this. You know why he couldn't be this because he wasn't gonna be number one with Kawhi. You see he's the unquestioned leader in Okay. See, so now if you bring Kawhii in, Kawhi gotta get the ball. Yeah no, and Kawhi made it be Let it be known. If you don't make this deal to get Paul George, I'm going to side with the Lakers and after the Davids and James, and if you're the Clipper, you cannot allow that to happen because they already had Lebron. Now they got another superstar and after the day was the pair with him, and you want them to get a third win.
Speaker 2: Hey, and not only that, Uncle Ojo, Kawhi and Paul George as two La kids. They are in California. So yeah, now, I'm sure they wanted to do anything they could to make that possible because I'm sure they thought they was gonna win the title. Now, I think with Shaye, with him being traded, it put a little more often and to be a better player, to be a bass leader, you know what I mean, Like, Okay, they traded me, all right, bet I'm gonna show him. So I think a lot of that is kind of oozing him as well. And from getting traded, bro, you learn a lot about a lot of people, and not only that yourself. I think that that helped catapult him into a start. But he's like, all right, every I'm gonna continue to get better and better and better next year, you know, not the MVP. Now we don't won the championship. Now he's working on our second one. You just you don't. You never know how things play out. If he's stay in LA you know, if he's complacent, if you know what I mean. It's just so many different variables that come in that come into play. It's like, bro, ain't no way y'all could have seen his man, know.
Speaker 1: He could, he wouldn't have been what he is because he wouldn't have had the ball like he does.
Speaker 3: He has the ball.
Speaker 1: So you mean to tell me you're gonna bring kawhii and give him all of that, make all those concessions, and you think you're gonna turn that ball over to somebody else. It's not gonna happen. It's not nah, And so now he was able to play free O Joe. Look at everybody knows who's the number one guy on ok see Shaye Okay, jub okay chat everybody else falling the line but there's only one.
Speaker 3: You can't you gotta have you gotta have a pecking order.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That was kind of what happened in Okay. See wasn't a Joe. Yeah with Kevin Durant in russ You see what happened. Yeah, now you have no issue O Joe saying no. I was like, look here if like your girls said, look, you know, you know there's a possibility, she said. But if you don't do what I asked, I want moving me in. I'm moving in with him and we right next door to you. That's what the Clippers was under the gun.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 1: What choice did they have? You got Lebron James, you got the biggest name in the NBA, with the biggest franchise in the NBA, and they just got Anthony Davis. So now you have no choice to give him everything that he's asking for. I want this, I want that, I want this, Okay, okay, And if you don't, he told him plat out. It's being reported that he told him plat out. If you don't get Paul George, I'm going with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's crazy. Crazy.
Speaker 1: Now he got hurt. They got to the getting to the championship game, he get hurt. You remember that the game? Oh, Shoe, what what I mean, Joe? They beat Utah if they got, if they got and then they have Remember that first game against Phi Kawhi goes, Hey, why you get hurt.
Speaker 2: In that series? That's the only reason why they lost that series. I think if he wouldn't have got hurt in that Phoenix because Phoenix went on to the finals. They year, Yes, if they ended up losing to UH Milwaukee, but they had a two zero lead and then lost four straight. Yeah, but I just think, I just think the thing is for me looking at it from the outside, looking from outside, and I'm not inside looking out being a player and an older player.
Speaker 1: Uh. I give a prime example, what's going on in Pittsburgh. Gohoe and the quarterback say, guys, they ain't coming to meeting that he called. Yeah, I'm just saying, he said, you know, we asked guys to come by.
Speaker 3: Let's be critical of ourselves.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's that That's that's crazy. I mean, just just just thinking about it, what Chris Paul is accomplished. Yeah, being a seventy being a part of that seventy five how you said seventy.
Speaker 3: Five diversity five greatest players play.
Speaker 4: One of the seventy five greatest players of all time, a definitely Hall of Famer, still doesn't have the weight despite not being as valuable as he once was, where his word means nothing at this point, and that's that that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I give another example. Look at Tom Brady. Tom Brady was the oldest player in the locker room.
Speaker 3: But what was he doing?
Speaker 1: O Joe producing at extremely high level. Chris Paul wasn't producing at that level to have that kind of bull that megaphone, that megaphone voice. Yeah, you see, I'm just telling you how it goals. Yeah, And people say, well, what didn't know? But I was still producing at a high level. I was still right there. I was one or two on the team, lead in yards and catches, so I was still producing at a high level. Chris Paul a twelve time All Star, six times Steel Champ, All Rookie Defensive, nine time All Defensive, seventy fifth Anniversary TINAE, five time Assists Champ, eleven time All Being NBA two thousand and five, six A Rookie of the Year twenty twelve, thirteen All Star game MVP. So the resume, but you gotta update that resume with Joe. Yeah, when was the last time you saw when the last time we saw him an All Star game?
Speaker 2: Joe, It's been it's been a while. Well, he like, he likes. He likes second or third in the history of the game and assists.
Speaker 3: Right, Uh. I think he third. I think he third behind Stockton and Kid.
Speaker 5: Okay, mmm, that's that's crazy and it is funny. It's funny. It's funny.
Speaker 4: This happens all the time, just not in sports, in life in general.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, he passed, he passed, He passed Jake Kidd. Yeah he's second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a feat that boy.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Oh that's crazy, Bron.
Speaker 2: So hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: Joe to a different Joe.
Speaker 1: You know, Look, you were what you had accomplished at Atlanta. That's Atlanta. When you go into a different situation, you move very, very differently every single different situation you went into until you found out the landscape of the land.
Speaker 3: You just can't be that same person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unless you unless you're that guy.
Speaker 1: Lest you Lebron James to go to Miami. He tried to take him back. See d Way said, bro. In order for us to do what we need to do, you got to be him. He goes back to Cleveland. It's a no brainer. He takes over. Maybe that rubbed some of the guys the wrong way. He goes to l A. Well, he's the best player on the team, the best player on the team coming in. It's understood.
Speaker 3: What's understood, doesn't need to be explained.
Speaker 1: But when you what not the first, not the second, not the third, not the fourth, not the fifth. Best and another mistake that made they keep making mistake after mistake, and they keep compounding it. You gave up a Norman Powell who it should have been an All Star last year for Bradley Beal.
Speaker 3: Bradley Bill done for the rest of the.
Speaker 5: Year, that boy averaging what hey, the season just.
Speaker 3: Started, Yeah it ended for him.
Speaker 2: Old he heard him. I think he hurt his knee or something, but he done. Yeah, I think it's just him. Yeah that Hey, hey, Norman Powell over that everything about twenty four to twenty five a.
Speaker 1: Game in absolutely absolutely damn Yeah. You see when you make a mistake, O Joe, and you compounded, Yes, you brought.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure. I just Joe helped me understand this.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 3: They saw him in that situation in Phoenix Phoenix Book and k D he couldn't be third fiddle.
Speaker 1: You know what, he'll be a better third fiddle here behind Kawhi and James Harden.
Speaker 2: I think what the Clippers were thinking. Ok Ojoe, Okay, we bring Bradley Bill over. He still got some youth in him. He's a little younger than Harden, and in Kawhi gonna miss a lot of games. We know that we gonna need a guy who can step in and maybe get h.
Speaker 5: I say, a guy that can step in a score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gonna need a guy who step in to give us eighteen to twenty five a night. I think that's what the Clippers were banking on. And obviously due to injuries, man, he you know, he just ain't been able to Brandy Bill was never able to deliver that for the Clippers, so it put him in a tough mind. Harden has been playing great all year, but it's been hard because outside of Zuba. You know, when Kawhi does play, you know, he does give him great minutes, but they don't have no chemistry continuity. You can kind of see it when they play, you know what I mean. So uh, and it's just it just it just hasn't worked this year for him.
Speaker 3: Man, damn, it hasn't. It hasn't.
Speaker 1: But Joe, I've tried to figure out, how did they expect somebody to get healthier as they get older.
Speaker 3: Look at Brandley Bill's history the last couple of years, he's been hurt.
Speaker 2: I know they tried. They was optimistic. They try to give him a try. It's like, hey, listen, okay, we we we we understand that he ain't performed well in Phoenix, but we're gonna give him another chance. Look this chance we giving him, it ain't gonna really cost us nothing. On top of that, we try to bring in CP because if not, then you gotta pay Norman pound Max dollards to stay close to Max dollars to stay. So I think they were trying to avoid that too. So yeah, they were trying to cut corners.
Speaker 1: And Pile has gotten better and better, and now you see him. When Tyler Hero was out, he was cooking. He could I mean, hey, he can take you off the dribble, he can spot up, he can shoot the three off the drunk. I mean, and now he got they got Tyler Hero back. It's just it's just been one thing after another for the Clippers, and unfortunately, I think that window has slammed shut with Kawhi because Kawhi is never gonna.
Speaker 3: Give you enough games Joe to mount anything.
Speaker 1: And then when you least he can play back to backs, and in the playoffs, you're playing every you play it every other day.
Speaker 3: What you said, after you get past game three.
Speaker 2: It's tund it's trying to blow it up. Get get some get some uh some draft capitals.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You got how many more years?
Speaker 1: Because how many more years they got on Kawhi because they just gave Kawhi a new deal. Many you gave Kawhi new deal you walked away from Paul George, which looks like a good thing now, because they wanted to do a three year deal. Paul wanted that extra fourth year. Philly's gonna be kicking their own self in the ass. But Philly's gonna be kicking themselves and the ass with Joe Labid also because he got damnedar two hundred million in the next three years coming.
Speaker 2: But look, go ahead, Philip Philly. Philly ain't got a they they got.
Speaker 1: I blow it up. I mean, I build. I'm feeling around Max and Edgecumbe.
Speaker 2: They got a decent problem because they got some young boys on that team, and Philly who's gonna go get EMBD and and and Paul George ain't playing. They got some boys out there who will go get yep. I enjoyed watching them. What's the guy that come up come off the bench? MAXI O your Quinn Grimes? Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. So they got some promises, they got some promise over there. The is don't have to do something, man, I don't know what they gotta do. They gotta do something.
Speaker 4: Hey, what what's what's what's the issue? I know Joel embiid is his knee. His knee is bothering them with Paul George. Paul George need too yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he had a procedure. And I think he had a procedure right for the season started too. It's kind of set in mount some more okay.
Speaker 1: And you got you got two more years and damn near. I think he signed a four years, two hundred and twelve million dollars. Yeah, so you you you see what you You see what you're looking at right on your You look at about fifty million dollars a year.
Speaker 3: Joel Embiid got three years, almost two hundred million. I got. He's out. Can't play back to back.
Speaker 1: They're already saying, Joel Embiid is not playing back to back.
Speaker 3: Guess what. He's getting older, He's getting heavier.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I've never seen somebody get healthy as they got older.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Kawhi needs bad too.
Speaker 1: Huh what bad?
Speaker 3: Worse than mine?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, love, Look, the only difference is I'm fifty seven. He not even thirty seven.
Speaker 2: A wise man once told me, the older you get, man, the lighter you got to be to play this game. It's a young absolutely. This was pat Riley. When I played in Miami Ojo for a couple of months. Me and him said out. He was like, Joe, the older you get, the lighter you have to be to play this game, man, it's a young man's game, right.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 3: As I started getting older the league, I got lighter and lighter, light and lighter.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, it was two thirty two, then it was two thirty one, then it was twenty nine, Then it was twenty eight, then it was twenty six.
Speaker 3: You see, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Hey ojo. I always tell people, man that the older that we get, the harder it is to play the games that we love because we have to work a lot lot harder than somebody who's younger. You know what I mean. Yes, Like as we age and you get in your forties, your fifties, just a gear for a basketball game, Hey man, you can't be out there playing. You got to You got to stretch, warm up. You gotta make sure that body rightful. You put on that freeway.
Speaker 1: So I get it. You gotta eat, Joe. You gotta two things need to happen, one of the other and sometimes both. You gotta work out harder and eat less. Sometimes you gotta do both of them. Now you gotta work out harder and eat less. Yeah, you gotta. Can I do one of the others? Do I gotta do both? Or boff? Both?
Speaker 2: Ain't nowhere around it. You got to do both. You have to eat. You have to eat less and work out harder. That's the way it goes, Like your training has. I tell my son this all the time. I know you're a lot younger, but I tell I say, man, your training has to be far harder than the game itself, you know what I mean. So when you do play, you can make it look easy. You know what I mean? If you train hard and going hard, sweating, he got your heart rate Like, that's what you want because when you touch the floor, the court or the field, man, you wanted to look easy. Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe y'all did in bad at night. You know they're in Atlanta. Hawks fan erupted, where's Chris Paul? Oh man, where's Chris Paul?
Speaker 2: He's from right up the street, North Carolina. I bet there's a lot of people that they see him play.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they did.
Speaker 2: A number on us tonight too, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: I think they did a number on the Hawks to night. The Clippers did. I don't know, I know, Uh yeah, man, they got us one fifteen to ninety two.
Speaker 3: Damn damn man.
Speaker 1: Jalen Johnson been playing out his damn minded He didn't play tonight. That was that was that was the problem. Oh okay, now it makes sense then. Yeah, that boy man he been bothering. He gonna be an all side of shit too. Yeah, he played like an all star.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Man, them young them young guys are really doing the number, man.
Speaker 2: They are. Yeah, they got some guys out there that's playing hard. But I don't want people to lose sight of trade not being out there. Man, he's definitely gonna be needed because he to me, Uncle o Jo, he's the factor. He's the guy who can win you a series, who can get you to the next round. Like, yeah, it looks great now. You know, throughout the regular season we winning games. But man, look when he getting knuck cut in time, you know, we gonna we need a guy who'd have been there and know what it takes, right, Like.
Speaker 1: Jamal Murray had a monster game, Joe. He had fifty two points. He was nineteen or twenty five from the floor, ten of eleven from the.
Speaker 5: Three, hold on nineteen for twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, fifty two, Hey boy, he was efficient to night. Hey when when Uncle Ojo, when Jamal Murray playing like that, it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 3: They hard. You can't you can't beat them.
Speaker 2: You can't beat them because look yok still had twenty four points, a rebound, thirteen assists, So he's still gonna give you his triple double. Now, if you get somebody chip in, that's gonna give you forty to fifty.
Speaker 1: Eric, think about it. Aaron Gordon's out go look back and look at Aaron Gordon. Since he got there and they won the championship, He's been better, shooting the ball from outside, played outstanding defense.
Speaker 3: He's that third option.
Speaker 1: And had he not got it had been very interesting to see, Joe, what would have happened, What could have happened had he not gotten injured that Game seven against KC. Next topic, Janni's ante Takunpo is unhappy with the Bucks organization.
Speaker 3: He deleted all mention of the Bucks.
Speaker 1: From his social media pages on Tuesday, and Brian ren Horse revealed Jannis had asked to be traded uh to the New York Knicks during the offseason. H Jannis's agent, Alex Sassatistic saratis it sounds.
Speaker 3: Greek that they.
Speaker 1: Reportedly have begun discussion with Milwaukee regarding his future and resolution is expected within the next few weeks.
Speaker 3: Joe can let me start this. Joe, I ain't got no problem goud wanting to leave.
Speaker 1: But what I got a problem with guys doing is taking shots at guys when they leave. You know what I remember when Yanni said, I don't want to go somewhere else and team up with somebody else. I want them to come to Milwaukee, because see, everybody was taking chance. Say Lebron when he went to Miami, everybody, I ain't calling no name, but everybody has something to say, and I big damn if everybody that has something to say, look at be careful, You'll become the very thing you despise. My grandpa used to always say this, Joe, be careful, boy, you'll become the very thing you despise most in a person. Yeah, because you because you hate a liar, you will become one. You hate a thief, you will become one. You hate a cheat, you will become one. Be careful, boy, you'll become the very thing you despise the most in a person.
Speaker 5: Not look at him now, but uncle, he frustrated.
Speaker 1: Lebron was.
Speaker 3: For everybody had something to say, right right, Joe, Oh, Joe.
Speaker 1: I ain't got no problem with God. I wanting to go none whatsoever. But guess what Lebron did. Guess what KD did. Now they traded KD. I don't know if KD wanted to go. Lebron played every last contract out. He was done with Cleveland, his contract that ended, he went to Miami. He gave Miami four years. He went back to Cleveland for four years. He's been in LA now seven eight years, played out every last contract. But everybody took their shots. I don't go I don't want a team up with somebody else. I want to be right here. Okay, yeah, wait listen, Now you want to go to the Buck, Now you want to go to Knicks. What's the next guy? Jaylen Bronson, Karl Land, through the towns, Michale Bridges, oh g Ananoby, Mitchell Robinson.
Speaker 3: Now, obviously you gonna have to get some of those guys up.
Speaker 4: But n And the funny thing about it is it's easy to say all the right things when you're winning.
Speaker 5: It's easy to say all the right things when you're happy. That's the easy part, Joe, huh.
Speaker 4: I mean it's easy to smile and look at other people that you see bounced around and and doing things that God damn it, doing things that you wouldn't do, doing things that you wouldn't do.
Speaker 5: Because I'm just go to my laptop camera. Man, I'm sick of turning this thing off off and on.
Speaker 1: I know KD was not traded to the Warriors. KD was traded KD traded to the was traded to UH Phoenix, and was traded to the Rockets, So he was traded twice. Chat Yeah, go ahead, go ahead, O Joe, No, no, I was finished.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I mean every everyone, everyone. When when things are convenient, you know, when the opportunity you're in at that moment, you're happy, well god, yeah, you're.
Speaker 5: Gonna say everything under the sun.
Speaker 4: When you see someone else doing something that you probably wouldn't do, the many things go sour for you, and inside the house started to stink. What's the first thing you want to do? Oh man, I got it. I got to get up out of here, and you forget about everything you said about somebody else that would doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: You ready to do? You ready to stinking house because it's smelled.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 1: Was that sitting at the Joe asking to see you this this thing with Yanni's injuredous cat.
Speaker 3: Did you see when he just.
Speaker 5: He just sent there ain't ain't nothing wrong with him, ain't nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 2: They won, but he didn't play. But like three four minutes.
Speaker 3: But I want you to see this, Joe Temper.
Speaker 2: What you're thinking, Okay.
Speaker 5: It was a non contact, non contact.
Speaker 2: Hold on what you're trying to say?
Speaker 5: Uh no, he he just went down.
Speaker 3: He was down. I don't want you to look at it, Joe, That's all I'm saying. I want you to look at it.
Speaker 4: Ain't nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 2: Ain't listen. But what happens? What happens when that girl on Instagram started taking them pictures down and hunt a boyfriend?
Speaker 1: All, it's over a rap. That's over a rap, asked, said she sent it to you. I G it's over, you know, And and that's the thing that's why you Hey, look, y'all need to be first of all, you need to be really really locked in to start posting. Y'all date somebody. Y'all go out of one day and you already got him up. My heart, my rib my backbone. God gave me everything I asked for, and a week later, I guess God took it back.
Speaker 2: You know, ain't showing up. I can't what's this on? X?
Speaker 3: You sitting on Twitter? Yes? You sent you a Twitter link on Instagram?
Speaker 2: Damn it ain't showing h Joe.
Speaker 5: Young Joe don't know how to work technology.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, he works to be out, Oh Joe, chill cheer yeah, yeh cheer cheer chih yeah yeh.
Speaker 2: Hey. Look, I am about as bad as though.
Speaker 1: For I'm trying to figure out, uh, I'm trying to figure out where these guys be coming up with these injuries now, everybody getting cam strings, oh Joe in the NFL, the.
Speaker 4: N B, A m l B. I'm like, damn, but listen, you know what I listen. I ain't even gonna say nothing. Man, I ain't even say every time I say something, everybody laugh.
Speaker 5: Tell me be quiet.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, hold on, hey, hey, hold on, because that's a non contact injury, and it's just like, ain't nobody touching him? He just went.
Speaker 5: You know, you know what it is?
Speaker 3: He frustrated.
Speaker 1: When you start hearing rumbling, when you start hearing rumblings about somebody in a relationship, Oh Joe, it's just a matter of time because somebody done saying something to somebody, and somebody will put that information out.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hey, hey, this might be a little more serious than what we think though.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ojo, what that injury that ain't no injury are you talking about on the inside?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like, Joe. But here's the thing, Joe, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: You go down like that and the training staff don't come over, your teammates come help you up?
Speaker 5: Come on, Joe, you know what that is? I can I can tell you what I can tell you what that is.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm saying, Joe, when you went down, did that? Did the trainers down come or did your teammates come get you?
Speaker 4: Can I tell you what that was? He Joe, can I tell you what that was?
Speaker 2: Joe?
Speaker 4: I don't want to risk injury in myself and lessen than my trade value. So I'm gonna go down and pretend to have a non contact injury until they get this trade in place.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm sorry, man, I don't see I don't think Gianni's moved. He don't take me for that type of guy. Now allow me the right to be wrong.
Speaker 4: Well, Joe, I just told you inside the house is smelled right now.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be inside the house while smell.
Speaker 2: That man worked too hard, bro he I don't see that man just giving up on their team like that. I think he I think this injury is far more serious than what we can anticipate right now.
Speaker 5: Joe, Joe, you don't want to bet none, Joe.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, Joe, understand that most of the time, most of the time, when you see an individual like that, of course you will.
Speaker 1: They said it's his calf. Obviously, Oh Joe, they're gonna do it. They're gonna do an m R. They're gonna do a full battery of test. They said it was his calf. They said, I guess they I guess. They said the tendon, the tendant is intact. Yeah, yeah, it's They said it was a calf string, O, Joe.
Speaker 3: So that's what we gotta go by.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people like it.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, you know sometimes when guys want to get out of a situation. But like I agree with you, Joe, I don't know. Yann's doesn't take me for that type of a guy. But he doesn't take me for a guy that wanted to be moved during the season. Exactly what Cham's and what a windy Brian Windhorse is saying that he asked.
Speaker 3: To be moving for the season. Yeah, so if if.
Speaker 1: What they're saying, if what they're reporting is true that he asked out during the season because they got him Dame in that situation that worked.
Speaker 3: They bought Dame out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now here's the thing, Myles Turner.
Speaker 1: He signed with Milwaukee to be with Yanni's there two months and Yanni's won out and now he's stuck. He could have stayed in in in indeed, but well listen, if he already told you before the season, look, man, I want y'all trade Man, y'all didn't do it.
Speaker 2: We went with it. I'm not gonna give up on y'all, but I still want y'all to know. Look, I don't wipe my Instagram clean with y'all, y'all, so that one sign, this one sign, ojo that one sign. Now next time gonna be I'm just gonna have to go and come public and tell.
Speaker 3: You, no, he WoT He definitely don't strike me off that type of guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying, if he really want to get out of there, that's how he gonna be able to get out, He's gonna have to he gonna have to voice it. He gonna have to say it.
Speaker 1: So what you're gonna have to let me ask your question, though, let's just say he wanted to go to the Knicks. You're gonna have to give up Carl Anthony Towns. You're gonna have to give up Mikel Bridges. You're gonna have to give up Oh Giannanoby. You're gonna have to give up Draft Picks. Is him and Jalen Brunson. Jayalen needs the ball, Y'allni needs the ball? Is that enough?
Speaker 2: I think if you New York, you try to find a way to keep Brunting and Cat Oh no way, Yeah, I say you want to try to find a way to keep them too, because if you can keep them too, and and him now yeah, and just kind of stay out there on the three. He know he gonna shoot threes anyway. You know what, you got, You a great rim roller, live thrower, downhill guy. But you're gonna probably have to give up Michel and and and and O g like you, You're gonna have to give up both of them if you're giving up Cat, because I need a superstar. And I'm not saying I think casts a star. I don't think he's a superstar. But you're gonna have to give up Cat.
Speaker 1: Wow, man, Oh, I think Michael Bridges is fine. I think o g but they ain't really selling no tickets like that. Cat was the number one overall draft pick I got. I got to have him because and and and and and and with with uh Bronson and and uh. Based on the Eastern Conference this year, that might be enough. Now, Orlando's gonna have something to say about that. Orlando's gonna have something to say about that. When they get buying Carroll Back and Wagner's playing, the Southern is playing the way blackets playing.
Speaker 3: They got Wendell Carter. Oh no, no, no no, They're gonna have something to say now.
Speaker 1: Detroit gonna have something to say to Detroit, gonna have something to say. Cleveland. I got to see Cleveland because Cleveland do this to me every year. Donovan Mitchell do this to me every year. He get me so damn hype and then he let me die. It's it's it's the in Cleveland is more of Darius Garland for me. If he can stay healthy and be that guy next to Donovan. Yeah, but if he can't stay healthy, it's like he'd be out there fighting against four five different dudes by himself.
Speaker 2: It's just it's too much it's too much.
Speaker 1: I just think I just think the Cat's gonna be a part of any trade. Now you got Josh Hart, uh, but I think I think Cat, McHale, Bridges and and and O G.
Speaker 3: I think they're getting those guys that.
Speaker 2: Said if you Milwaukee, yes, you won't Cat. If you're the Knicks, you want to try to keep Brunton and Cat and I don't know how you do that and bring you in Giannis, but you want you want to try to keep them to to have with him because just him and Braxton.
Speaker 1: I want Hi about the East. I send him to the West. Okay, who got something from in the West? Mm hmm? I want him in the East. Why would I do that? And I got to see this man at least four times. You're Joe, he done brought you a championship and we played him handsomely. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else y'all want from because they're not gonna They're not a championship in spying team right now. So I don't really know what you want from him. I mean, at some rights, you know, at some point, all good things got to come to an end, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: And listen to ye he asked por trade at the beginning of the season, and the fact that, hey, listen, the fact that obviously we all known people who who you would think would never do certain things and do something not of character, something that's very uncharacteristic of who they present themselves as publicly. Yeah, yes, okay, when it come, when this comes out, and I tell y'all, this is his way out that there's nothing wrong with him. He's going to make sure that he doesn't lose trade value by injuring himself.
Speaker 5: Right now, I guarantee you, and I want, I want, I want those apologies.
Speaker 3: For what about this?
Speaker 2: O Joe?
Speaker 3: What about to the Mavericks Anthony Davis and another.
Speaker 2: Player Anthony David, Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: Anthony Davis, Klay Thompson in the first round pick?
Speaker 2: Milwaukee ain't taking that. Milwaukee ain't taking that. Okay, now, if I'm Milwaukee, I ain't even taking that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, you WoT hey, Joe, Oh Joe, you hear what he's saying. But he WoT the Knicks to give up a Bridges and og and keep Cat. So Cat, Johannis and and Bronson, you're gonna you're gonna have to give up o g Uh, Robinson, Michale Bridges, some draft picks.
Speaker 3: They gonna want Cat. I'm gonna tell you they gonna want Cat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm cured. I'm curious to see how this is gonna play out. This is Cat, This is interesting.
Speaker 2: They probably do want them. But if I'm the Kniggs, I'm trying, like you know what, not to give him up.
Speaker 1: Right, It's tough, and I think the thing is Joe and O Joe is that we've got to get out of this notion. Man, Barry would have never requested the trade. Magic would have never Jordan of this one. It is a new day, It is a new era. I never would have thought eggs would cost eight dollars an effing dozen. Man, I never thought cigarettes would be ten twelve dollars a pack. It is a different time. You got to think differently. You can't use that same he would have never were done. Yes, my grandmother and people's grandmother stayed through no matter what.
Speaker 3: It wasn't no divorce.
Speaker 4: Now, hey, at the slightest I'm out of here, deuces.
Speaker 1: So we've got we've got to stop this notion. Our our former great players wouldn't do this because it's a new day social media. The landscape of professional sports is different now. It really, it really is. And so heyst involved with the Times. Joannis in New York could be crazy?
Speaker 4: Oh no, god, yeah, that that'd be nasty.
Speaker 3: What Johannis and Wenby with Castle?
Speaker 2: See they got they do san Antonio got some ancense. They got some guys over there who Milwaukee wouldn't mind taking. They got a few of them over there.
Speaker 4: That's not fair, now, what's not how you're gonna have Yiannis and wouldn't be on the same goddamn team.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, hey man, they got they got some guys to give up who can come over to Milwaukee and make some things happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah they do. Yeah, I think. Look, I think there's gonna be some guys. Would I be shocked if John got traded?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: If I would I be shocked if you got traded?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna be shocked either one of those guys get moved. Both places are kind of like, Yeah, I've seen enough. Josh stays hurt and he ain't learned this lesson. Yeah, Hey, hey.
Speaker 4: Listen, hey, Joe, I know I know where're gonna learn this lesson at where? It ain't nothing like coming on down here to the to this military base. Down here, are you on some structure?
Speaker 3: Discipline?
Speaker 4: Come on down here this military base. It's just like just like the Marines. We're gonna get you right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, I don't mind the shake up, uncho. You know, I don't mind seeing guys on the move, you know, especially some of these big names. So I think need a fresh start. Yeah, change job playing in Miami. Yeah, and that's a different animal, Ocho.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, I'm worried. I'm listen. I'm gonna make sure you stay focused.
Speaker 1: No, Joe'll tell you what you you went to someone that was somewhere that was really structured. How different was it for you where you couldn't be yourself? How was different was that for you playing in New England as opposed to Cincinnati where you got to be o Jo Sinko and when you went to Newton you had to be Chad Johnson.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was it was cool. It was cool.
Speaker 4: It was it was cool, and it's that that experience for me, honestly, being and I understood my role once I got there.
Speaker 5: I wasn't never be Ocho.
Speaker 2: You hear me, Joe, Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 4: There to be that chat of old where I had the shoulder the brunt of everything on my shoulders when it came to us from an offensive perspective. When I got there, boy, they was loaded. So in my mind, I'm like, well, what the hell y'all brought me here for. There's only one receiver that I know that went to New England who can play on the outside and was able to dominate about to go crazy, and he's one of the best all time, and I don't compare now where close to that individual.
Speaker 5: So I's in a way I was there.
Speaker 4: I was at peace for what you want me to do, okay, and I definitely wann't fing to complain, you know, because I understood.
Speaker 5: I understand.
Speaker 4: I understood that patriotate. I understood that. So I went in there. Hell you got you got grownk Joe. Look who they got Joe, they got Gronk, they got Aaron Henandez, they got Wes Welcome, they got Julian Edelman, Dion Branch.
Speaker 5: It was it was one mode, It's it's somebody else.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, God, what man, what.
Speaker 5: They they traded me here and they got only god damn, they got everything.
Speaker 2: But you want to lead your imprint though, you want to lead your imprint though you you want to contribute, You want to be a factor on the squad, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't like you was there like I'm just chilling.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 4: I'm a competitor, Joe. But but Joe, you know, it wasn't going how I wanted to go.
Speaker 5: And boy, I wanted finish. Say now, goddamn word, but hey, not not over there?
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, I remember I remember Randy saying something in the media I think about, you know, contraction right right on.
Speaker 3: It was like contraction by money.
Speaker 5: Boy, Joe, he was going in twenty four hours. Oh hell hell nod.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, I think they traded him back to they traded him back to Minnesota.
Speaker 3: If the Minnesota traded him to Tennessee.
Speaker 4: Tennessee, hey, Joe, he coming off of twenty three, twenty three toestdown season, Brock twenty three toestdown season, they know I would love to be compensated a little bit more if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was after the That might have been.
Speaker 1: He was traded before you got to Ojo so coause two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight. I think he got traded in two thousand and nine back to Minnesota. Yeah, because remember o Jo, he sat out and then he ended up going to San Francisco and San Francisco went to the Super Bowl and played the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is joe One thing about it. It was a wonderful experience. It was a wonderful experience. And I think, honestly for Joah being in that structuring environment where it's a little bit more tight knit, you know, having someone like pat Riley who rules with the iron fist, it can be a good thing for him and adding that structure that he doesn't and that discipline doesn't have right now, or that many may think he doesn't have right now.
Speaker 2: Ojo, that Miami culture that Heat coached. Let me tell you something, man, they got pre practiced before practice. Yes, and if practice is at eleven, pre practice is at about nine thirty ten o'clock, Yeah, that ain't They ain't walking in and now that's ready to go on the floor. Yeah, you got d Wade u d. All these dudes are in pre pre practice. So everybody's in pre practice. It's just kind of it's just kind of the heat wave. That's how it is. Man. It's like them dudes work. Man, they put the work in, bro, they ain't looking for nobody who's coming in And you two swagged out to get in here two three hours before practice. Man, you're trying to accomplish something.
Speaker 5: No, he like, he owned that. He owned that.
Speaker 4: You know that change the scene where you know that, that's that's that's what he wants.
Speaker 5: You know, young boy. Young boy want to be great, okay, and.
Speaker 4: You know he can't. He can't do what he want to do out there in Memphis. And Memphis is a great place. Now, it's a great.
Speaker 1: Hard going to an unstructured being coming from an unstructured environment being structured, it's hard. Yeah, it's hard, oh, Joe. That's why the military. You can't. You can't be in there without discipline. They get they're gonna break you. Do you understand all the people that go ahead.
Speaker 4: I don't for to say the military, Joe, the Army, the Marines, the Navy. You have no choice but to have discipline, because one mistake there is no coming back. This ain't called This ain't call of duty, Joe. One mistake out there when it matters most, when it actually counts, you don't get you. Once you get hit, that's you're done. And then you're responsible for everybody else's life as well. So you have no choice but to be structured and discipline. You can't make mistakes.
Speaker 1: Like Colonel Jeffson asked, Kathy, have you ever put your life in someone else's hands, man's man and ask him to put you his life in your hands?
Speaker 3: We follow rules or men die.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't even I don't even like the sound of that.
Speaker 5: That's too much pressure.
Speaker 4: I don't even like those expectations in the way it sounds, Joe, look like the way it sound. I don't want to be responsible for your life sometimes, Joe.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, And.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about on a smaller scale where it's not life or death like in life.
Speaker 1: Football, in basketball, where you ask the man that's playing next to you to put his trust in you that you're gonna do what you're supposed to do. Okay, you ask that man that's on the court next to you, Joe, to put his trust in you and you put your trust in him. You're right, it's not to the magnitude of life for death, but wins and losses, and it feels like life and death because a lot of times when you're losing, it's worse than death because you gotta wake up the next day.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, Yeah, so much processing losses a lot harder than others.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the more you put into it, the harder.
Speaker 2: It is, absolutely right.
Speaker 3: We understand their casualties, you know. A but.
Speaker 1: I just I could have been to the military because I grew up very disciplined, ary structured, so it's been nothing for me. You definitely can definitely go because Barti player, Bardi Porter would have it any other way, no other way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A Joe, A Joe now that now not that on on the topic obviously, keeping everything in the context and perspective. Talk about going to the military, Joe, you saw full metal jacket.
Speaker 2: I have, but I can't really remember him.
Speaker 4: Private power private today. I would have been private power. Were put in the military, I'm private power.
Speaker 1: I'm mess.
Speaker 5: Oh that's that's a beautiful.
Speaker 1: When they ordered the cold red, Yeah, when saying with hold up Santiago, Yeah, Santiago.
Speaker 2: You know when.
Speaker 1: Santiago kept messing up and the ordered the cold red did.
Speaker 5: He got he got to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago. You curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing why.
Speaker 3: I no.
Speaker 1: Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives by existed in grotesque and incomprehensive. Do you save lives you don't want? The truth could deep down to places that parties you don't talk about. You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, cold, loyalty. We use these words of a backbone of a lifetime spent defending something. You use them as a points line. I have at the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of freedom that I provide and then questions the matter in which I provided. Come on, whether you said thank you anyone on your way, or pick a weapon up and standing posts. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to did you order the Cold Red? I did my job? Did you order the cold Red? You don't run? I did, And so that's what you're up against.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, uncle too. When I was in high school, I don't know about job, but you know they had they had they had an army people.
Speaker 5: That set out yeah all TC.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. They try to recruit you coming out of high school, right, yeah, join the army. So you know you got your homeboy, they'll sign you up without even telling you. So look, I got people calling my Joe Johnson. Yes it is him, uh, you know, trying to recruit me to come to the army. Boy, Please, I ain't going on army. Look, I'm my mama's only child. I'm gonna stand right.
Speaker 1: And then you wouldn't get oh Joe, And then Joe, you wouldn't get drafted because you're the only son, right, That's what.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell you. I'm I told him that.
Speaker 1: But if you got a bunch of songs, oh well your ass grass, you can get off my line.
Speaker 3: This that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, I don't mean to go off topic, but but you you you you took theater.
Speaker 5: You took theater in the artist like me, no, how you how you know that whole that whole line.
Speaker 1: Uh, I just have a I have an amazing ability to recall him. For I've always had that ability, and I think it came from my grandfather because he put a lot of pressure on us because back then we didn't have no cell phone. So my grandfather would get somebody's number and you would say, tell it to them. Two boys it would be and my brother, so we would have he would tell us the guy or the person would tell us the number, men spanking the number, and we'd have to recall it once we got home. Now, there are a lot of times we weren't going right home. We go to somebody's house, so we go do something else and by the time he get home, he's like, hey boy, what was that number of such and such older?
Speaker 3: And we'd have to recall it.
Speaker 1: So ever since then, I've always been able to recall information. And that's why like plays and stuff, I could just recall, recall it. And so I've always had that ability to have tremendous recall.
Speaker 5: And that's really dope.
Speaker 4: I don't think people understand how dope that is, the fact that you can still recall that moment one of the better scenes from that movie. Oh yeah, obviously the most important scene that everybody recites the fact that you can still recite it after all this time, and that movie came out How Long Go and looked like a damn teenage in that movie. Yeah, yeah, if I was, you know, it's funny and and just if I was able to do a movie right where it's a scene that's very impactful and and and it has a lot of meaning to it similar to that, it's it's a little different. But any given Sunday when al Pacino gave that speech the six inches remember that six inches speech? Yeah, man, if I you know what, matter of fact, that's my homework. That's my homework is that to watch that movie and see if I can recite it when we do the show Saturday.
Speaker 2: He uh.
Speaker 1: Actually he followed Mike Shanahan around for real. Yep, Patrino did Yep, to get rid of that practice.
Speaker 3: Came to meetings.
Speaker 1: You see how Mike conducted is stead up in front of the meeting, How you talked to us and things like that. Yep, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's six inches speech. Hey, Joe, I used to play that sometime. You know, obviously before games to listen to music. Sometimes my obviously I was more blues classical type dude, you know, because I want my mind to be calm. Yeah, so I remember there was a few games I would listen to that sixth insan of speech. They just gets you hyped up, Joe, It gets you hyped up man already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just I just had that ability to call information. And it's a blessing and a curse. Sometimes you remember everything because you know, were you in a relationship, you remember everything else you can't remember that. You don't remember where you was, you don't remember what you did, who you were with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I said that.
Speaker 1: No, I mean you got that of the gun every day.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's not a good thing you having it. That's a gift and a curse. Now, the fact that you can recall everything, because especially when it when it comes to you know, having a partner and she know you know, and don't forget nothing, man, Yeah to gifting the curse.
Speaker 2: And now you're out here playing done Yeah yeah, yeah, Hey little love. Look y'all far from crazy, but you could play crazy like like my like my pathers just tell me I'm far from crazy, but I can play crazy now. Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I asked.
Speaker 1: He's crazy. I'm like crazy, Like you're a chat crazy or play play crazy.
Speaker 3: You could have chat crazy. That's one thing crazy.
Speaker 1: I can deal it. No part of that.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah uh