Speaker 1: Willio and we are back sponsored by boost Mobile.
Speaker 2: Happy end of the week.
Speaker 1: Maul is very very disappointed because we have to come in here and and start our podcast with Pat Poos today. But I'm actually thrilled and we also have a friend of the show, Yes joining us today, our guide Torre Welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know mister young conyans finding because I was twenty years ago down there.
Speaker 3: You guys for having me. I'm a big fan. Yeah, what you guys are doing here? You know, wanted to be on this couch right here, somebody from Cornela. Let me ask you, how many times have you been to the Bronx growing up, growing up or in my adulthood? No, an adulthood is different because you could drive to the bright. I'm talking about being young having to take the train from Corney Island to the Bronx. How many times did you do that? Probably like zero to negative five exactly, somebody, I never want to take the truck. I want to turn twenty years what it is because we were talking I don't know how many weeks ago, but we were talking about how long the train ride is from uptown to Corney Island. That's like a two hour train. No, that's literally from like the start to the end. Bro, It's crazy. You get to you could take a flight I'm talking about from my door to my mother's doing Virginia.
Speaker 2: It's less than two hours.
Speaker 3: No, you could get in the car and drive to Philly and watch a Sixers game in the same amount of time it takes you to get on the train, especially if somebody jump on the track. That is something that that takes that long. Now is sick is a sick time. But like going to Corney Island was a thing like that was like a day. But we're like, are we going to Corney Island? Tomalls, go to Nathans As you should, you know what I'm saying. But I just wanted to know somebody being from Corney Island, how how many times did you make the voyage from Corney Island to the Bronx. The furthest we was going to the train was to Hollom, You know what I'm saying. That was it right there, haul on the Bronx. And then when I was a kid, I was I was in trouble, so I couldn't go to like the school trips.
Speaker 2: If we went to the Bronx or something. Okay, I'm saying I couldn't do that.
Speaker 3: I had no permission slips, So yeah, I would go to the Bronx zoo from now we probably would go to Brooklyn, but just in case, on the off chance if they might have wanted.
Speaker 2: To, I still couldn't go. Got you? She was fucked up? All right?
Speaker 3: Well that's good to hear might have been from Corney Island that they never made that trip, just like we probably trip.
Speaker 2: Let's let's do a stream city Islands, Corny Island, this Summer City Island and Coney Island all public transportation. Yeah, how are you gonna have service to do that way?
Speaker 1: What's off to don? He's gonna give his free WiFi?
Speaker 2: That is true. I forget. I forgot that was part of his we'll get a free standing on.
Speaker 1: It's for the streamers of.
Speaker 2: It was free.
Speaker 3: It was the free grocery store that opened one day and closed. Right, Yeah, now that's closed, so then we'll get free Wi Fi on the subway as well.
Speaker 2: Got it? Crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, why I was excited to actually talk about this Patpoos fifty Mano Max b debacle is because we have Brooklyn bias. In here, and we have geune and bias, full geune and bias in here.
Speaker 3: I mean Max, Me and Max went to the same high school. So fair, I'll take Max in this fight.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we will not get an objective opinion from anyone in here, no whatsoever. Never I was talking to demeras off Mike, I'm really coming in here being objective. She does not think that. But I didn't mind the Mano diss. I didn't mind the pat poos one thought they were both cool. I'm just sick of twenty years hearing the same exact thing about fifty seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair. But if the Mara started shaking in her chair when I said.
Speaker 4: I did not start shaking in my chair. I just said, I'm tired of your bullshit. It because now suddenly every time where there's a rat battle, you have to hear some jaw dropping, jaw dropping new breaking news that you never heard before in order.
Speaker 1: For it to be so. He said he has herpes. That was kind of a just put lies in the in the We don't need facts. It been lies, just.
Speaker 3: What they said about fifty You got what herpies and what diabetes? I've never seen fifties medical records.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: First of all, diabetes shaming is funny. Yeah, that's being like, you know you got you got type one. I'm taking my ship like pancreous. They said that my mother ha type one, Like damn, we can't have the beats.
Speaker 2: No more where we add as a car.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that. I don't think every battle needs to be post push and drake or U r L. Whill we find out where they went to hy school this and that. I'm just saying it's been the same exact rhymes for twenty years from everybody, fifty or not. When they can say you are yo, you only got shot five times, nine times, you're a snitch. You never really went to jail.
Speaker 2: I heard.
Speaker 3: I heard this for twenty years. The wait the shots is crazy? You got shot five times? Fan wasn't note.
Speaker 2: Like alright, cool, shoot me once in the face and you'll never hear the under.
Speaker 3: Like, all right, now, you only got shot five times? Stop saying nine all you got.
Speaker 2: It and listen, maybe that is true.
Speaker 1: They even interviewed the guy that was in the car with fifty and asked him that question straight up, and he's a friend of fifty, He's like, maybe he wasn't counting the shots. Yeah, like counting if I'm fifty, I'm counting an exit wound as another shot. If I get if it goes through my leg and there's two two, that's two two. I got shot twice. I got shot once here it went through and then I got shot again both sides. I'm adding up the exit wounds one hundred percent. But that still didn't if you that's still bad math. If you guys had five no one one maybe just wasn't in and stayed in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one was great. His story is getting better by the shot. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: And if you shoot at me nine times, I'm saying you shot at me like emptied the clip. That's imagine somebody shooting at you and you hit not you know you're adrenaline.
Speaker 2: You hurt Yo.
Speaker 3: The nigga shot at me twenty times, Like the number is gonna change for me and my start every year, the number changing.
Speaker 2: How long did it take to pull off?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Like how you get that many shots of it's a lot, Like the key wasn't indignition, These wasn't like it's a long time.
Speaker 2: It's a long time. But the guy I think the guy's name is Deeve. I think that was his name.
Speaker 1: He was on cam copone in one of those platforms he was saying he was he was like turned around because they had to go the other way, so he was doing like a K turn and I think ran into the car of whoever.
Speaker 3: Was behind dude that was just driving.
Speaker 2: That motherfucker was bad. That that was crazy.
Speaker 1: And he backed up into i think the car with the shooter in it, and then was kind of like blocked off. And then the shots started, and he had his girl in the front. See, and I'm not going to pretend I'm like fucking Jason Bourne. If you start spraying on my car, I don't know if I'm going to be able to be vin diesel and get us out of there that quick. I might I might freeze up turned on somebody shooting laws.
Speaker 2: This is one way.
Speaker 1: No, I think he was blocked in because in the middle of the K turn he hit the car with the shooter in it, so he couldn't really.
Speaker 2: Get away closer to the at that point.
Speaker 1: So I mean, but again, shooting nine times in the car, that's a couple of second. That's a lot, like a very long time.
Speaker 3: Look at what we're debating them, look at this to the point of like if I get it's like, what else really is there to talk There's no new nothing, right, he's been out of the music business, so you can't talk about like what the sales is doing, you know what I'm saying, Like, there's no new thing to talk about, so he just talking about the same old things.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's kind of makes Demani's look more credible, even though them didn't say anything that was.
Speaker 2: Like super new.
Speaker 1: At least he did get into post fifties career and how he's moved and who he's put on fifty You could argue has moved somewhat selfish since since being selfless, Yeah, more or less, because I think he did do a lot for Thanks Jo and everyone, for sure, but he's he's definitely moved for him and maybe not for the culture.
Speaker 2: You could make a case. I'm not saying that you can make a case.
Speaker 1: I'd rather Pap get into that because I think Pap Foods is a great rapper that could come up with a good theory rather than dog like You're not as gangster as you say.
Speaker 2: You are.
Speaker 1: He's fucking fifty one years old and is shooting TV shows. Do you think anyone cares if he's.
Speaker 3: I think the thing is a lot of these guys have had as a writer as rapper, you know, you always have bars for whoever the top right, just in case the desicate it yourself where me and you're gonna get into it. So I think this is just the time where we're hearing all of these bars that these guys have had by these and now they got the chance to get it off, got it. So it's not about saying something new. This is shit they had here or they had written down for the last.
Speaker 1: Fifty just wait and just just in case it's waiting. Because he's a troll, he's a bully.
Speaker 3: Came in with that energy, so every rap had to be like, all right, if he ever come at me, I got some ten thousand percent, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I think that's what this is.
Speaker 3: I think these are just bars that these guys have already had, and now it's just the opportunity presented itself for them to get their shit off.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, I just think there should be another angle. I didn't mind Mano or patpoos is, to be quite honest, Tom's point about giving out new information. This is why rap battles are kind of funny when you step away from it outside looking in Happoo's saying, Fifty, why haven't you told the world you have herpes? Is one of the funniest things I ever. Can y'all tell me how fifty should have done his herpees?
Speaker 2: Reveal?
Speaker 1: Like but yo pass like yo, fifth, look at me? Why have you not told the world you had herpies? Bro?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: It sounds like a private matter to me.
Speaker 2: That's a wild question. I'm telling you has reached a whole different level.
Speaker 1: And he's like, dude, do an nba, young boy? Did you know? Young boys one of the craziest people ever just to rap the idiots herbies like. I give him respect for rapid his truth, but I don't think everyone is now owes us a rap about their their HSV. No.
Speaker 3: If I'm not having central intercourse with you, young lady, I don't need to know any of this information ever in my life.
Speaker 2: And and let's move does it matter? Does it matter if if somebody has herbies?
Speaker 1: What that explains me is especially active with someone you should know No, I mean yeah, but I'm saying, like to us, does it matter to us? Do we give a fuck? No?
Speaker 2: I literally, if you found.
Speaker 1: Out your favorite rapp had herbes when he made your favorite album, you think I'm a delete old music hurt ain't ismatic no more? Yeah, Like what that means? What then does that mean to me? I can't even hear nass like the same, Like I don't care who God Like, we could say that about all rap battles and we're being hypocrites here because it did not change my life when I found.
Speaker 2: Out that Drake had kid, but I was like, damn, push got him. Like, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Get what you're saying, but all that battles, that's a little more groundbreaking news. Like you're doing all us running around with all the joints and all of that. You got a whole child that nobody knows about, like none of your fans, you know what I'm saying, Especially when he's the vulnerable rapper and he's the heart on his sleeve rapper to not talk about the birth of your child obviously a private matter, but you know, I think that was more like groundbreaking. Oh, Mike, he got a kid, Like for real, like it's a child. But it wasn't wild news. It was just more like, oh world, it was just shocking.
Speaker 1: I mean, fifty has rapped a lot about the injuries to his body. Why not it's pancreas or a sexually transmitted disease. If we're going through his track Recer, he does talk about.
Speaker 2: His body a lot. Is the fifty Max Be song real? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yall, the video is real?
Speaker 2: Too real? AI?
Speaker 1: That's no, that's just how wavy of maxes he can. I was in Tom Square. I was like, was that Max me?
Speaker 3: But seriously, though, because of this whole AI ship, like we gotta start asking those question.
Speaker 2: So I agree with you.
Speaker 3: When I saw the video, I didn't know if this song was real or not. Because the video, I was like, the video is fake?
Speaker 2: Is it a real?
Speaker 5: Joint?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, it maybe is it? Is it real? It's real?
Speaker 5: It's yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it probably is.
Speaker 1: But I'm not going to say with the confidence that the America is saying, because I've heard some some records I did not think were AI that were one thousand percent of AI.
Speaker 3: When fifty posted that video, the AI video, that's what made me think, like, hold on is this real? Because ween, it's this time now where you know people post sh it just making a joke, right, and it's like, all, is this a real song?
Speaker 2: Though? Like that's that's my only thing, Like is this a real song? Now?
Speaker 3: Obviously Fifty posted it, so I guess you could call that supporting the song. Max posted it too.
Speaker 2: Max posted, but but again, people troll.
Speaker 4: He's not He's not putting a fake song on his Vivo page.
Speaker 5: That's a real This is a real.
Speaker 2: He put it on he posted his vio.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, but I'm saying fifty could have done the AI audio as well as the video. It also would not shock me that fifty would take a fan made song at video put it on his.
Speaker 5: Not on his youth, not on his official youth.
Speaker 1: His hist y'all got fifty with the Maria and putting it on your Vivo makes it a little different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a little that's more of like a youth stamping it like business. Yeah, because now you've goten counting streams and that goes into your monetary situation.
Speaker 1: I was I hate AI videos, but this one did make me laugh throughout the entire thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, god awful AI.
Speaker 3: That makes it funny, but we actually looking at you know, shit change in real time because now, like how much how much did it cost to create this AI video? I don't know, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that's made though. Yeah, so that's what I'm saying. You have this whole AI video.
Speaker 4: We don't know who made it, probably free mind of where somebody made it. Somebody made the video for him for Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let's say fifty it took two liters of water from the Midwest to make that. What it does this is this is this Flint still doesn't have any.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're watching the land escape of entertainment change though it's a different time, Like this is a new element in battle rapping. That way, I could have this video done in an hour to my distrack team, right, Like, this is a whole different element of entertainment.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, entertain I'm glad you said entertainment somebody. It's not really going to change rap battling in any real way. It was just funny to watch, if you really think about it. I don't think serious.
Speaker 3: Was it fun with dre Day what they had a fake ease they had to fake easy e right, I can't remember old me name, but it's no different than that. Right, Like before you get actors that look like somebody, then cam have like Jimmy Walker man when he.
Speaker 2: Was different dish in Jay.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, And you don't have to cast anybody.
Speaker 2: You could just type it in. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's really an exention of that what it technology is at.
Speaker 1: I will say as much as fifty doesn't take anything serious, if I'm Mano, I would kind of feel a way, if you're doing an A I shouldn't be getting cut in prison.
Speaker 2: The other ship was all just kind of ha.
Speaker 1: But like you you typed in Mano get and cut in prison to make an AI video.
Speaker 2: Well, fifty didn't make the video. He posted it. He co signed it, Okay, but he's saying he made it. He didn't make this video.
Speaker 3: He just somebody made it send it to him like, oh this is dope A right, I'm gonna post it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's still co signing.
Speaker 3: I mean he wrapped it. You worried about the visual.
Speaker 1: He rapped I'm not. I mean, it's that all right. Whatever, I'm just saying out of everything that he said was kind of lols. I don't know how Mano really actually took that entire thing, even though this record seems light and Mano was just, you know, replying.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he.
Speaker 3: Feel like, listen, man, this is what this is what happens when you jump in the battle ring. If y'all want to battle each other, y'all wan to go at each other, which requires disrespect, then that's the art of it. I'm going to talk about things that happened to you. I'm going to talk about things that you did, things that you didn't do. Like, that's what all of this is. So that's not out of bounds for fifty to rap about that.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say it was out of bound. I just I was wondering if that was something that you just didn't want to say. That may not.
Speaker 2: I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: I'm just not sure if Mano thought that was maybe outside of the l O ls in our rap battle Oh.
Speaker 2: No, this is no battle. Yeah, battle once.
Speaker 3: Is old, gloves is off. Aren't see that it's done. It ain't no rules and no women and children not everything on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just not I'm just not sure.
Speaker 1: If Mato season, that's well that way, that's all, But I mean, where where does this land are we going to continue? Is? I actually think Dave's got the biggest diss out of the entire thing. He started the intro talking about everyone was like, I'm not even talking about you and then put Dave's face up there. Yeah, that was the first person I thought we were going to hear from, like, well, I'm not even worthy to be.
Speaker 3: Doing well because there's no there's no I mean, fifty probably wasn't even really rapping the more when Dave started dropping, so it's like, I don't even then.
Speaker 1: But Day was in that that cipher that they did for their podcast We're Fabos the podcast.
Speaker 3: If they weren't doing a podcast, they wouldn't have been a part of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but do you think that's not a diss though to Dave. Yes, yeah, it's a slight ship. It's like, oh, you're not he not even talking to me.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if David sitting back like nah, say something to me, I don't know if that's okay.
Speaker 1: What Demani and King were around when Fifty was rapping and they caught a bar on the power intro, even though fifty is lying to us to say.
Speaker 2: He wasn't talking about them, he was talking about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but once fifty posted a picture of their mom, you can only expect that those guys are going to jump in the ring.
Speaker 2: Especially if they rap big facts. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean so at that point, fifty kind of sort of pulled them into it by posting a picture of that mom. So they were like, all right, I wrap, I got some balls for fifty. But with Dave, it's like, you know, I don't. Fifty don't have he don't probably never even met Davies.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying he probably didn't. I don't know what fifty be around with Dave yet, do.
Speaker 1: We think Dave or Fab replies Fab, yes, they. I don't know if East is going to respond though, I think he's in quad right now. But why though right now.
Speaker 3: Nobody's fifty didn't say nothing to all that about him? Is well, because that's what is that cloud see by association?
Speaker 2: But is it cloud chasing?
Speaker 3: If if he's put out a record and Fifty's say nothing about him, is he inserting himself into it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Horse, I mean god, that.
Speaker 1: Was out of that and we already know it's unsafe to do that with fifty see choking over here.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. But is that not cloud chasing?
Speaker 1: No? If they be like, nah, fuck that you put my face in your video and said I'm not even worthy of dissing, you know what I'm saying, You're.
Speaker 2: Not worthy of dissing. That's disrespect.
Speaker 1: If he's randomly distant.
Speaker 3: Before, I'm just asking the room, is that disrespect somebody like you're not even you're not even worth disrespecting?
Speaker 2: No disrespect. Okay, so I got to go make a record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you got to go make a rick, but you know what I'm saying, I should go make it.
Speaker 4: Even the clock like we're not watching the clock, but you know, if the hands start moving like niggas, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We ain't got unplugged. So I'm just trying to. I'm just trying to.
Speaker 1: You know, doesn't reply, I wouldn't think anything. But if he does, I'd be like, yeah, I get it, yeah exactly, which is a composition to be in.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I don't think he should though, Nah.
Speaker 1: For what I mean, how much did he really say about fab Besides that, the video made it worse because it was it was mainly Mano throughout it, But like, was the fab shit that that crazy? It was the video that made it nuts to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Fab already put out a record going with me, so it's.
Speaker 1: Just on the turn out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on is lit? This Fab care enough?
Speaker 1: I was actually shocked fabcard enough to do the first one.
Speaker 3: I was probably just itching the rap anyway. Yeah, he want to wrap. I wouldn't want to get his ship off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here's a series called Sultape, Go wrap did heat tape? That's twenty twenty six. That's what we are.
Speaker 3: But where is And I asked you this last week, no, maybe two weeks ago. Now where does this ship end? That's that's the real question. Where does this ship? I was to be like, nah, I'm like, where is this end?
Speaker 2: Is all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Well, when I was talking to you about it, it was just the Harris family involved.
Speaker 2: Everybody else was. But this was before that. Yeah, this this started before the Yeah, this was this was with Jim and Mayno, in fact, this was before Yeah, but I thought that was over.
Speaker 3: This is okay, So it's been three months we back. Now, so now, what like when is this? Because that's why I was like, I didn't think fifth because I told you I didn't think fifty was gonna respond, and I think he was gonna rap. I think I think he was going to make music. I thought he was gonna keep patrolling. You know what I'm saying, because that's what fifty does. He's a troll, like he'd say shit on this on on on social media. He did the clever move of you know, even though he did say that that wasn't about uh, he's a liar, right, But didn't I tell y'all, I said, now, if t I jump out there and respond to that bar, we just spoke about this in the last episode. I said, he didn't say no names. We don't know what the New Power where it's gonna be based at. It could have some Atlanta times in the New Power.
Speaker 2: We don't know that. Y'all was like, nah, fuck that. Okay.
Speaker 3: Now fifty comes out and says that that wasn't that wasn't directed said.
Speaker 1: It wasn't about the Cosbys, which is a crazy thing to say.
Speaker 2: That's very so I said, Fifty says it, y'all like, nah, y'all not jacking that fifty Lion.
Speaker 3: He's lying, all right, Cool, y'all could think he's lying. I'm just saying he said it. So now I'm saying, does t I respond to that again?
Speaker 1: A massive question because he already said he was done with it already. Oh yeah, So I think this this ends when fifty starts focusing on the TI and Tiny Doc. Whatever Fifty's about to promote is when it ends. Fifty's going to drag this as long as you think this ends when he puts the doc. Oh, I think I gonna get no, no, no, I'm saying this Domino Oka, Max b Patpoo's Jim Jones, Like, I think this this chapter is just an interlude until he gets to the TI and Tiny Doc.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is to fill some time. Like you said, I'm the algorithms. Everyone have to talk about me, which I mean isn't the case, but it's a fun thing to say. Yeah, I think this ends when fifty moves on to his next thing.
Speaker 2: Yo, doing a doc is really crazy. Doing another doc paron just crazy?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: Why is that great?
Speaker 3: Like that's what the game has gone to, Like we're doing documentaries about well he's not.
Speaker 2: He's not.
Speaker 3: Fifty is in a whole different space of entertainment now. He came in as a troll right with how to Rob. How to Rob was like one of the biggest troll records ever for sure. So he came in with that energy like I'll go at anybody. I don't give a fuck. I don't I'm not here to be friends with any of yard. I don't fuck with none of y'all like that. That's always been Fifty's energy. Now that he's in a different space in his life when it comes to entertainment, it was the same trolling, just in a different It's the same energy, but he's just delivering it differently. So it's like it's like it's like a disc record, right, It's just ain't no music behind eight it's just eight episodes. It's like, all, yo, this is these are the people. Look, these are the nasty guys that y'all support. I could have said this in a rap, Yeah, Fifty could have said all of this in a rap. Yes, but he's probably looking at it like, I don't even rap like that no more. I'm creating shows, which is why him putting that bar that rightfully. So everybody felt like was tailored towards TI. In the intro song to the New Power that was genius.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: It was like, yo, right, this is how I'm gonna respond, Like people talk, y'all.
Speaker 3: Gonna hear this song every week, every episode, y'all gonna hear this song clever, right, But that's part of his brand.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Business is part of the show for sure with the documentary coming off. For the documentary he just did about the Diddy doc that was number one in how many countries, Like it's about business for fifty because this is at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's wild to hear.
Speaker 3: Certain things this record, and sometimes people say things at the end of the day, it's all entertainment though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now the doc is like, that's not.
Speaker 3: That we aren't gonna sit around and turn on our TV and watch it like we want to be even though it's things we're gonna hear like damn, like that's crazy, But it's still a form of entertainment.
Speaker 2: It's still a documentary that we're learning about things.
Speaker 3: Like some of the things that are being said maybe a little funny, it might be some jokes in there, but it's like at the end of the day, this is all entertainment.
Speaker 2: This is but this is fifties. This is the area that he's in.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I never thought that hip hop would take it this far? But is it crazy? Really?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Like this is who he Now.
Speaker 1: If this is the first Top fifty ever did a documentary or ever did anything like in that lane with television, then it would be like, yo, what he doing?
Speaker 3: Like, but he's been in television the Vigin of the BF DVD. Yeah, so he's been in He's been in television for how many years now? He's produced how many shows and things like? So this is part of his you know, the way he can choose to respond. Now, I don't think it's anything crazy about that.
Speaker 1: Which side of y'all on with the dandy part and now to be the TI thing that he wouldn't have done these docks had he not had an issue with those people. Where do y'all land on? I don't want to say morally, but how that how that looks like?
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand that, Like if he didn't have an issue with with with Diddy, or if he didn't have this latest thing with TI, maybe he wouldn't have gotten that but I mean, yeah, that's the way he chooses to respond.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I mean we briefly talked about it with the Diddy one, Like, yeah, do I think that fifty did that to Spike Diddy based off their history and his baby mother?
Speaker 2: Yes, But I do think the information that was in that.
Speaker 1: In that entire series should have been out there. Like I'm glad that info is out there now about Puff. Was it done based off nasty intentions from Fifty?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: But I think the world needs to know these things about some of our biggest entertainers.
Speaker 3: A fucking documentary can come out every day. The game is this nastyr Niggas is super nasty. I was the bull for years. So it only it only sees the light of day when you have you know what I'm saying, you have a running when you have an issue with a person, because then that makes you responsible in some regard because if you have this information, whether you got an issue with that person or not, if you have this information and the platform to get it out there and the means to do it, then why not do it for the greater good?
Speaker 2: I would? I think it's different.
Speaker 3: I think fifty, just because he's in television. I think people through back channels reach out and say, hey, somebody has this TI documentary that they put together. Yeah, fifty is just executive producing. They're putting money behind it and putting it on a platform.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think happened with the Diddy want to I don't. I don't think so they started up the director works for puffing one.
Speaker 3: Nobody said I got the Harvey Weinstein joint cooked up. You want to get behind it?
Speaker 2: Post?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well here's how they would call Harvey. They didn't have anyone, right, I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I don't think those people reached out to fifty now when it's rappers, right, and then you have somebody that's already in the world of television like fifty is, and then somebody said, yo, you know they got a little beef right now, it's like, oh shit, well let's hit him up and see if he'll and fifty.
Speaker 2: Is like, hell, yeah, I put the money and did he shot all of this?
Speaker 3: This this footage the camera guy that he was like, wait, I don't have to shoot nothing but a couple of interviews in now, oh this is a layup. So you know what I'm saying, so I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, it's like, this is docu. This is stuff that is already being done, like fifties, just coming in at the tail end of it, like, Okay, I'll put some money behind it, put executive produce a credit on it, and let's put it out.
Speaker 1: And it's funny you bring that up, because this was a couple of years ago, a very very very big publication reached out to me based off some stuff we said on our podcast about an entertainer, and they wanted to quote, and it appeared like they had an entire article ready to go about some of the sexual misconducts of this person. And I never heard anything again, and every now and they'd be like, damn, it's been like almost three years since they had this entire big publication, had this entire thing ready to go, and it never came out. So to your point, I do think there are a lot of people sitting around with ready to go articles, documentaries all that, just waiting for the right time to capitalize with the most amount of money, be like, hey, I see what's going on over here. Just let you know this is already done. We can get this out in two weeks. So yeah, I think there's a lot of people that have docs waiting on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not mad at fifty for executive producing these.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the end of the day, it's it's the business that he's in now. It's just as a hip hop fan, as a as an MC and a hip hop fan. It's a different route. It's not a route that I thought we would see artists taking, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I guess it's the evolution of the dissim it's the evolution of fifty though. Yeah, right, he's not just an MC. He's not just a rap anymore. He's an executive producer in television and film. He's an actor, he's you know, he's a lot of things. It's not just this ain't just booboo just going into booth rapping.
Speaker 2: This is not this is not that.
Speaker 3: And fifty probably look at it like he's too old to probably still be trying to really rap like that unless he got a TV show, unless you got it, But they give that that's part of his business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not, but we're not mad at that.
Speaker 3: Like he's given us classic intros to those to those to those uh to those shows. So it's like, if that's the way he chooses to respond and do his business now, which is the business that he's in.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, you gotta respect it.
Speaker 1: And my crazy to say it is kind of the natural evolution from the DVD era where recipes Shorty low is walking through TI's projects and asking where he's at, Like is it just that evolution of when rappers were beaver that do diss records, then they do something on a DVD or on YouTube, we go to the neighborhood Like this is kind of the natural.
Speaker 2: Evolution same of that.
Speaker 3: So now what if all of our favorite rappers or upcoming rappers start doing documentaries like everybody that got a problem, Like if Ken Drake and Drake was it was it rap songs, if it was documentaries, that's wild, bro, Yeah, but it's wild because it would be wild if because we've never seen a documentary from those guys, Like if that was the first documentary.
Speaker 2: Ites like what are they doing?
Speaker 3: But now the president is there, so now the door is open for people to do that. If it's the evolution of it's just another lane of entertainment like when Jay did summer summer jam and he had the pictures of Prodigy, right, It's like, oh shit, that was the first time a lot of people saw those pictures, right, right, So now let's just put the documented Let's let's interview the ballet teacher that.
Speaker 2: Was on that project that I'm just saying, yeah, but I'm just d yeah.
Speaker 3: But imagine if Jay went that route though, Like we're gonna go and it's like it's still and it's funny, let's laugh, But it's like, what's wrong with a kid, you know, I don't know how probably maybe six seven years old.
Speaker 2: And dance class, Like, what's wrong with that? Good?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: If thes is good, if he left, if he left the infamous video set and then went to go to ballet, then it's like, yo, what pe doing? Like you know, yeah, it's like now that's kind of like but as a six seven.
Speaker 3: Eight year old, it's like it was shock value and it was a chink right in the almah right, and did something to his credibility the street dude, because the street dudes, I know never took ballet, right, So as a street dude, that is you know what I'm saying, I ain't super and nigga get shot stagged.
Speaker 2: You was in it, you know, I mean and it did shoes. We get it. We look at you at a different light.
Speaker 3: But it's so crazy because it's like as six years why would you look at that in different life?
Speaker 2: That's what that's like. I had a choice. I had a choice. That's six years old, and tell my mom, I'm not going to dance.
Speaker 1: Also, why we don't care about facts? He put up the said, I got the uh your ballery, I got the pictures. I seen you. He put the photo up. He's not dressed as a ballerina. Define he dresses Michael Jackson. There's not a ballerina in sight. He's literally dressed like Michael Jackson. And we all were like, yo, you're a ballerina. It's like, that's a good point. That's a good That was Halloween about that was Halloween fail?
Speaker 2: That's crazy. He ain't like thriller. Yeah, that was Halloween, which expected me. I was Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: I'm sure was Michael Jackson. Halloween.
Speaker 2: Definitely Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Everybody was at one. It was to Michael Jackson. He probably was Mike and beat It Mike me different albums. Yeah, yeah, we'll see where this goes.
Speaker 2: MA.
Speaker 1: Boost mob is proving that you don't have to overpay for great wireless.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you do that to yourself. I do do that as a friend. I'm sitting here. This is an intervention to tell you don't need to do that anymore. Help me.
Speaker 1: You can unlock savings with boost Mobile right now twenty five dollars a month for the Unlimited plan. It's a permanent price with no contracts, no price hikes. You keep your phone and your number, but you save up to six hundred dollars a year compared to any other major carrier.
Speaker 3: Stop overpaying and switch to a fair price at boostmobile dot com today based on the average annual single line payment of AT and T, Verizon and T Mobile customers compared to twelve months on the boot Mobile Unlimited Plan as of January twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: For full off of details, visit boostmobile dot com.
Speaker 1: I want to say we were completely wrong about the Jackharlow announcement.
Speaker 2: It's a song.
Speaker 3: No, the album is coming out tonight tonight. Well it's out now when they're yes, We thought we were getting.
Speaker 1: Like three singles before the entire thing we got no music, nine songs. I'm kind of shocked.
Speaker 2: Jack to the short albums.
Speaker 1: But after three years of just like one or two records, no real single, that's not really how Jack's formula has been in the past five to seven years.
Speaker 2: That's risky, risky or just a different approach. Why is it risky? Why do you say risky a.
Speaker 1: Different approach as always risky when uh, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess it's just something different for your audience, something that they're not used to you doing. So it's it's risky. But I think that we just spoke about it non songs. I kind of like that though. I kind of like Jack just giving us that non songs. I don't know what this sounds like. I love the video he gave us, was that last year when he was walking through Manhattan, like shinead O'Connor, like any of those songs that he dropped those Lucy's on the track Listen is a song titles out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have the track list up. It appears that none of the records that came out, not even the just Us Dojakat single is on this. So nine brand new songs off the whim Why say this is risky because if you go with Come Home the Kids Missu, which is one thirteen. Again, I'm not a numbers person. I don't give a fuck. If the music is good, the music is good, I don't care. I'm just saying how risky it can what you pulled up the numbers because Jack Harlow is an artist that has entered that world when you're making records like nail Tech. Even if that wasn't Jack's purpose when he went in the studio, He's now entered the world where numbers do matter when you're making records like that. And I thought it was actually kind of great that he put out Paul's jack Man right after Come Home the Kids Missu because he was getting put in that TikTok teeny bopper rapper shit and he's like, nah, a rap for real. And that was cool that it sold thirty four thousand, which is great but not coming off one thirteen.
Speaker 2: But it was a mixtape. I felt like it was like, let me just throw this out, no promotion. What's I didn't know? I mean again, not that it matters. I didn't know that it didn't do.
Speaker 1: I didn't have any singles. It was similar to just putting out something like that, but it felt like one of those hey just a reminder I could wrap. It was all Chipmunk's soul samples, like I think it was trying to win back crowds like meat.
Speaker 2: That was like I remember when you.
Speaker 1: Used to like rap rap. I like jack Man a lot. I hated the title, but you know, wow, I would never say it. It's a wild title. So after Come Home the Kids Miss You was about three four years ago. Yeah, I think you being in the A list rap category, it's kind of crazy to just put out a nine track shit with no single.
Speaker 2: But he put out like a couple of Lucy So does that not start the rollout?
Speaker 1: It did, But like when he did what Maul was talking about to Set You Free and Tranquility stuff when he was in the city. Then I thought when he put out just Us with Doja Cat, like, oh all right, we're starting, and I really fucked with that record, but it was still closer to the nail tech stuff and like all right, the labels like, hey guy, we know you like to rap, but come on, let's sell some units.
Speaker 2: That was what year did that Dojah catch? That was twenty twenty five, yeah, about the year ago.
Speaker 1: That was a lot that didn't last long enough to then go into an album. This is a completely different project, so I think it's it's risky. I'm excited. I'm excited because it is this rollout and maybe it's nothing like come home the Kids Miss You, But we'll see.
Speaker 2: We've seen this done though.
Speaker 3: We've seen like the pre album rollout extensive, and we've seen the post album roll out. Sometimes you got a factor in like what's going to be more beneficial? Is it really like setting it up and then it drops and you do a little bit and then you go on to roll or is it like drop the music, see what people gravitating towards, and then't.
Speaker 2: Do your rollout while the music is out.
Speaker 3: So now every time somebody discovers a new conversation or what have you, they go right to it and now you're up your running up the streams.
Speaker 1: I think post these days is way, way, way more important. But with artists like Jack, artists like Bruno Mars on this last project that really didn't know no pre shit, no real like one single that was two weeks away from the project, you see difference and numbers matter with those types of artists now, like someone like Dochi post promo is so important to her because she was still on the come up and then TD locked in like not everyone knows this girl, So let's put something out and then work the records that are on this project. That's the best strategy with artists like that. But you need both when you're someone like Jack Carlow.
Speaker 2: I think Jack, I think this is a.
Speaker 3: An interesting position for Jack because I think this project, based on what it sounds like, it's gonna tell us which direction they really trying to go with Jack.
Speaker 2: Is he rap? Is he more pop star? Like? What are you? Where is he going?
Speaker 3: Because when you have a song with Dojah, now everybody can get a Doja feature, right, you have one of the biggest songs in one of the projects with Drake, and then you have you know what I'm saying success like you said with Nail Cheking those types of songs, and.
Speaker 2: Your feature with Drake ends with him saying you know, Jack is the next one up. Yeah. But so now this project non songs. What does this sound like? Is this rap rap? Is this you know, more rap? Pop? You singing?
Speaker 3: Is it more melodic? Is it more like I think this project is important for Jack's his sound because it's like we still don't know which route Jack haller with, Like we don't know where we place him yet.
Speaker 2: Or where they're allowing him to go.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like because there's so much Paul's riding on it, you know what I'm saying, Like you got you know what, we know what Atlantic does? You know what I'm saying, You got Jen Now? Obviously they got they say in it. Obviously those guys not to make incredible records and make history. So it's like, or does Jack finally have the freedom to do whatever he wants to do on this project? You know what I'm saying, Like we really got to listen to the music and see because it really you know what I'm saying, it's like the Triple stands, it could go in any direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because I mean even with Jen now, like they didn't they didn't sign Jack when he was making music like nail Tech like the Sweet Action though that was just Jack rapping. To me, I feel like Jack is more paulse Jackman than he is the nail Tech stuff.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm I'm on most out of like This is going to be kind of the defining fork in the road for you of do you want to follow the year the next up darling rapper or do you want to just keep rapping and with no rollout? Though makes me feel like Jack is like Dough. I don't really want to do that.
Speaker 3: Other shit, just rapping, Like I think I can make a nice career well for a rapper, for a guy who can rap, you know what I'm saying, Like we've seen early on his music, his YouTube videos, etc. For a guy who can really rap. When they start saying, yo, you rapping like Drake or you Drake Light. You know what I'm saying, that like does something to your ego that's like I'd get busy, not just say that Drake can get busy.
Speaker 2: But we know what that means when they say that that connotation. So yeah, he might be rebelling. He might be bucking against the system, like now let me just rap, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because I think, I mean, it's incredible and deserve that he does like Barclay Center. But I'm sure he probably got a little bit of the Steve Lacy feeling when he was going to his shows on that last tour of like, this is a lot of TikTok kids. This is not really who I set out to rap for. I don't think Jack is that. I don't think he's just chasing fame or whatever new record. I think he really just loves to rap. So maybe he's making that decision. I saw who was showing up to my shows, and of course my core was there. But you can't just have a core sellout Barclay Center unless you're fucking J Cole. But yeah, I'm sure he looked at that crowd and was like, Oh, it's a lot of TikTok children in here, and I can't sustain that for the rest of my career.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough for Jack though, Like, if we're being honest, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Why because this is all right when you're a white rapper. Yeah, thank you, bro.
Speaker 3: It's only it's like, Bro, I don't you can't come in here and try to like Eminem krap.
Speaker 2: But he was on TRL a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Eminem was a pop star. So this is what I'm saying. So Jack can't fight, he can't buck against the system.
Speaker 1: I got it pop, But Jack did something that I don't think any white rapper has ever done. Correct me wrong, coming off the cover. I don't think I've ever heard a white rapper play at the club, play at a kickback, play at the party. Jack Carlow is the only white rapper I know that I could throw on around a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of girls. Is he more Mac Miller?
Speaker 1: Matt Mack with a certain type of chick that I would particularly like to hang out with. Would definitely fuck with Mac if I threw it on in the car. I'm saying, if I go with the i G Batties, if I'm on a boat in Miami, I've never heard a white rapper play the way Little Baby plays at a spot. I've never seen a white rapper do that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah, that's the point. That's the point I've never thought about. Of course, there's women that like other white rabbit.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: But but if you're it's the music, Yeah, nail strip clubs like everything? Was it the first class that record? Yeah, the first class like those just pop like first classify.
Speaker 1: They're sampling pop record. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm saying, it's like he gotta go pop. Maybe he the pop, Larry June.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like women like Larry, women love Larry. They listen to Larry June. They like Larry June, they like your style. You know what I'm saying. And it's like, Okay, Larry, he got some bars, but Larry is more cool here, shit talker. I don't really look at Larry JUNI to bar you down. He gonna just talk fly shit. You're gonna talk shit on every song. Sound it's gonna sound cool, You're gonna look cool. I don't know if Jack want to be that, if you want to be Mac Miller, if you want to be Drake, if he want to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he tried with Come Home to Kids, Miss You to capitalize on the moment he had with the two big singles and still try to make music that he liked, Like he brought Pharrell on and tried to do his Pharrell ship, Like he tried to find a good balance, and I think he got frustrated. And then Pauls gave us jack Man right after, like yeah, nope, let me go back to soul sample Chipmunk, shit, I can't keep doing this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but especially being able to do that project. They might it might be more pressure for him to come back, Like you can't do that two times in a row. You know what I'm saying, Like we need because we know what he's signed to, know that, we know what they on over there. You know what I'm saying, They like, Yo, we need to ring the register. We need especially you are one of our like marquee acts. You know what I'm saying, Like, you can't just do a vanity project back to back to back because to the point of him being a white rapper, that means that the door is always open to certain things that other artists are not going to get. The opportunities is there to do shit the other artists are not gonna get. They're not gonna let you waste that back to back to back. Yeah, he had the movie Look with White Man Can't Jump to and he.
Speaker 1: Was with Ben and Matt Damon and I forgot the name of the movie. It was a great movie though. Yeah, I mean he died in the first time, So this is what I'm saying. He was still acting with Ben and Matt like the big deal. That's a that's a thing. So listen, the justice Dojacat record is more in the lane of nail Tech in first Class. So I was like, oh, yeah, Atlantic's not letting him, so to me, this is me just giving complete conspiracies. I think because this came out March twenty first, twenty twenty five, literally a yeah year. I think Atlanta, you guys are trying to keep me in this fucking lane. I don't want to do the shame more because the Dojacat record did great, but he didn't stick like first Class or nail Tech.
Speaker 3: Well you know, I mean, I think he was probably like see work that goes along with that. Sure, if the artist is not willing to do it, because the record was a record that they could have made, go yeah. But if the artist is not willing to do it, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not gonna go but so far, but they shot a video. It's a great video too. Yeah he was, he was at least into it in that much.
Speaker 2: In that regard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm curious, very very curious where this album is gonna go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm about to say, because I like Jack fuck with you, but with this sound like I'm mad Drama didn't send us to fucking the album before it came out.
Speaker 2: But like, I want to know what this shit sound like? Cool lake man, this is this is all right, Jack?
Speaker 3: And you come on and you give us these non tracks and you want here giving us pop songs.
Speaker 2: That that's where you at, that's what we're gonna place you.
Speaker 1: I also say, because I do think Jack Carlow is a great artist. That also maybe tells me he's very confident to put out nonose I got none songs, no roll out here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm extremely confident in this album. And there's no he didn't well not we don't know if there are any features, but he didn't listen non songs. No, what if you don't got no features? I mean listen, what if you produced it all hisself and no features?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I don't want that. I don't want that. I don't lose their mind.
Speaker 1: Only one artist. Allow all.
Speaker 2: Listen, stop producing your own songs.
Speaker 3: Stop Like, I get it, that's a skill set. But it's okay to like the world we spoke to. It's okay to put other producers in the room and gets something. Yeah, it's okay. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: The feature in the studio with Jack all those songs that I don't think is going to be on there.
Speaker 2: Rough the timing. I don't remember that that was what three They can only be one artists I'm talking about. Okay, Yeah, I don't think that's on there. That's not on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, not only I hear it, but the confidence that responding with I don't think it's on there.
Speaker 4: Who do you when you think of outside of Kanye obviously, who do you think of when you think of rappers who are actually able to produce their.
Speaker 5: Own records and do a good job and.
Speaker 2: Do a good job and do a good job here? None? Really? I like rock MANSI I like ro no reduction.
Speaker 3: Yeah rock, but that's rock is not I don't ever want to hear him work with all the producers because it's gonna change who rock is. We go alchemists, But that's kind of that, that's one of the same. That sound is so similar. It's that boom bat real raw like out of the pocket flow. But like, I don't want to hear rock go get like a Swiss beat. No, see what I'm saying, Like I don't want that. I don't don't don't do that, like keep it, keep it. There may may be conductor maybe, like you said, Al conducted those guys maybe, but we can't get too far away from the rock sound. But yes, you're right. Rock is definitely his last project. Incredible like with him and Arrow and all of them did like incredible project.
Speaker 1: Outside of Southern Playlistic, Cadillac Funky Music, our Cast produced Big Boy and three Stacks produced every album.
Speaker 2: I mean that's Dungeon Family.
Speaker 1: Though, no know what I'm saying. They did Dungeon Family on the first one, go check the credits. After that that was Big Boy and and Andre. I mean the they immediately said the Dungeon taught us how to produce, like we look at Really.
Speaker 2: I never knew that. I thought always thought they had outside production.
Speaker 1: I mean you always thought it was Rico and but that was the first project and then from there Outcast kind of did their their own thing. I think David Banner is one. I think Pimp C is one. I think there's a lot of rapper producers that maybe don't flaunt it the way Kanye did, so we don't realize that they're making all of their beats.
Speaker 3: Kanye obviously Kanye saw Yeah, Yeah, Kanye obviously the best to do it. But but like, but, like Toy said, rock is probably one that gets it right. And I'm thinking about right like artist in the now. Obviously I could list a bunch of like classic producer MC yeah rockers.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a legacy, but.
Speaker 3: He's yeah, yeah, he's one of those you know what I'm saying, Like he's somebody that's still super relevant right now, put out something. You know, the merch go crazy, the pop ups go craz he so he's one of those guys that's all his esthetics. Yeah, well he's just a fly nigga. But I ain't gonna lie. I don't want to hear Jack do it though. No, yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: But I don't think anyone's thinking.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just saying that because We's how we started a conversation.
Speaker 3: Like I was just being an asshole about it, you know what I'm saying because you said no features, but it's very few.
Speaker 2: Q tip right, legacy if he's putting out I.
Speaker 1: Mean as far as like the mac Miller is definitely up there. Latter half of Max's career, he was producing everything himself.
Speaker 2: For sure. Russ also does it. Russ for sure.
Speaker 1: But then also Russ is one that I like when he does his Chomp projects and just gets bank and everybody else do that. But yeah, he's there's a lot more than I think people realize. Yeah, they just again don't flaunt it. And it's weird to put your own tag on your own song where you're also rapping.
Speaker 2: Like I just.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you're speaking fourth personnel.
Speaker 3: Another one that does a good job and people are not gonna give him the credit because you know, they probably don't look at him as that bit of a rapper hit.
Speaker 2: Boy hip what you're right now, that's the one that's the end to right. There a lot of the.
Speaker 1: Project together, but both of them rapp really good over their own beat. Yeah you know what I'm saying, Like they don't they don't give away a lot of kind of like I know other rappers here like I would have I would crazy right right exactly. Y'all might think I'm nuts, but I don't think j D is a bad rapper.
Speaker 2: Jamai dupree.
Speaker 1: She rapped.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: That was to say he just don't rap a lot like he does, but he talked about it like when he was doing the Magic City like promo. He was saying like for that first album, they made him rap because he was doing so much production and writing and popping and ship. He was he had so much of everything else. There was like the only thing left for you to do is put out your own album, and that's how that happened. But he said he had no intentions on being a rapper. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, I got white Cliff there produce a rapper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he don't rap a lot though, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, but if for what he's out between Carnival and everything with the Fujis, I'm still putting them there big create. I think is there more on the underground side Manny Fresh, if he wrapped more? He was right though, like with Times and stuff, I think he was there. He's the hook master too. We also left out probably the most important one, Havoc have. It's probably top five best rapper producer of wals Off for sure.
Speaker 3: But then what I'm saying, like, if we going into classic didn't, then I'm throwing large professor in there. Then I'm throwing you know, I mean E. P. M. D. Produced all of these ship you know what I'm saying, I'm throwing down there. You know what I'm saying, Like, if we go classic, then I think it's a lot more and you rock him. Yea true, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I guess for modern when we say Tyler would be number one, Yes, but is he producing? Yes, Yeah, A lot of that ship is so you literally put on the cover of Igor. This was written, created, he mixed, engineered, like he prints.
Speaker 2: Psycho with it. So he's number one, hands down, He might be. He might be right behind Kanye maybe.
Speaker 1: I think as far as hands on, I'm not saying what's better or what's worse. I want to make that very very clear. If you go through their desographies and look at who did the most for their projects, Tyler's probably been more hands on than Kanye West in the latter part of his career. Yeah, but I think I'm fine with Kanye bringing in other people. I think that's part of Newson.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tyler really sits that he does.
Speaker 3: He does, He's very Tyler's such a musical person, you know what I'm saying, Like he studies music, he's out bordlines. I would call him a genius. He's a musical genius because he's he's a student of the game. He's a savant, you know what I'm saying, Like he understands, he understands collaboration, he understands instrumentation, you know what I'm saying, Like he knows what to do for his records to take them where they need to go, or who to bring in to take them where they need to go. And I think the versatility is really what speaks to me, because from flower Boy to Igor, to Cherry Baum to Call. You know what I'm saying, Like, all of these different records have a different sonic landscape to them too. He's and he's a different he's embody in a different character each time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just gave you. He just gave you fired. Yeah, he just gave you fire Tyler's stuff. And then and then don't don't go to the show because then the show is crazy. That's a whole other production. Yeah, he takes this shit serious. He's see the Kanye Ferrell baby for sure. And I'm not just saying this because baby D is here. I do think J Cole gets too much flak. His beats are not as bad as people make them out to be. No, we just prefer that level of rapping with that level of producer. Yeah, because his level of wrapping is lovel production are.
Speaker 1: Not the same.
Speaker 2: He's up here. We just wondered what it could be.
Speaker 1: But Cole's beats are not as bad as people say they are.
Speaker 3: No, But it's just like you said, for his skill set, it's like, all right, could we not? Can we just go get like Alchemists a conductor or Pharrell or like, can.
Speaker 2: We go you know what I mean? Like, can we just take the joints? Can we take it? Can we take this to another level? That's all while we stay in wrap nerd world.
Speaker 1: I did see a list on Twitter that said the top ten mcs without a classic solo album started at one Grand Poob but two method Man, Jadakiss, Fab Black Thought, Inspected Deck, Ludacris, Buster Rhymes, Putt in parentheses, Debatable, Andre three thousand cannabis.
Speaker 3: Wait, the top ten mc mcs with out of classic y'all just you just y'all just said.
Speaker 1: I was right next to you in the baller shop. I think we're the reason for this list. By the way, niggas just checking Jadak and j Cole go to the same I thought.
Speaker 2: I sat there, Max said, and other guys in the shop echoed the sentiments that Jadakiss has three classic albums. M did they say three or two?
Speaker 3: They said three? What was the I think I saw the clip and they said three. Somebody said three, and I was like, three is a stretch. Okay, kiss the game?
Speaker 2: Goodbye? What the last kiss of death? And to me would kiss of death?
Speaker 1: That's the game?
Speaker 2: Goodbye?
Speaker 1: First and second album?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the first two. I think the first two.
Speaker 3: You know what I think you think Jada Kis's first two albums are. I think I think the first one more than anything. But I think that classic. Yes, small fuck, here's the issue, here's the issue. Let me let me just let me, let me say this whole thing and then get y'all met. I think that the anticipation that we what met with initially it was so high, was a hard baugh to reach because we love him as an MC and we love what he did with the Locks, so we was expecting so much when we heard that when we heard the album. But if you go back and listen to the album, the album is gonna be they deep is like it's the game.
Speaker 2: Go bye. It's tough. That's my point, though.
Speaker 3: I think there's a difference between classic and difference between good albums.
Speaker 2: It's hard to have a classic album.
Speaker 3: I would put that album on and if I got a fifty minute drive, I put the album on and let it play and ride out to it.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Is it a classic album though? Or is it just a good album? That's the difference, and it's so. I think classic is the test of time too, like replay value, like we're still going back to it because it's certain albums that came out around that time that you, I'm not listening to this ship you not. You might play the single, you're not gonna sit and let the body of work play. And I think that a certain times, certain albums, certain albums out the date, we call it instant classic out the gate. You know this shit feel like it's gonna be timeless. I listened to this forever, and then it's certain shit you go back to and you just like, damn, this shit really rocking, like I think maybe we was too. I think Volume two is another one of those, you know what I'm saying, Or Volume one. I think Volume one is another one of those where people just were so harsh on it, like the way they sunshine it. Sunshine is a tough record. We hated the video. This was so different from what Jay was trying to do, but he had done already. But it's a fucking great I don't know, He's still get you for sure, But that's what I'm saying. I just think that we get so caught up and just throwing out the word classic though, Well, this is to ask you.
Speaker 1: Then, what is the worst classic album in your opinion? So I have a gauge to see if if Kiss of Death is below or above, that is that it's an oxy moron, like it's an unfair classic, because of course we have the standards that we already know that these we know Illmatic is a classic that goes without saying. It was gonna sit there and argue that what is what would be that but lower than Illmatic? Like what's the worst classic album? You know what?
Speaker 3: And again, we just had this conversation with the fellas at the shop, and you know, and I understood the room. It was older guys in there from a different era of hip hop, so I understood why they were saying what they were saying but to say Jadakiss has two or three have many albums they said that were classics. And then to say Drake has no classic albums, Oh yeah, no, that's wild.
Speaker 2: But dude, you got to know your audience.
Speaker 3: But right, but you understand what I'm saying. It's just like I can understand if that's not your preferred rapper, you're preferred artist. There's no denying that Drake is one of the greatest recording artists of his generation, of his era for sure, who has classic albums? So when somebody says, Okay, this rapper has three, two or three classic albums and this guy who has dominated music for fifteen years has none.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's all subjective.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's all subjective in your audits who you're talking to. I get that, But some things are just like, what are we talking about, but.
Speaker 1: A barbershop in Brooklyn with forty year olds, Yes, you're gonna get that. If you went to the Scarborough food court, mall get everyone saying Drake has a classic.
Speaker 2: You make But yeah, you're going to Toronto to get that. I understand that.
Speaker 1: Say, we were in New York talking about kiss, but I understand that.
Speaker 3: I'm saying in just music period, it's a lot of artists that I recognized as being crazy talented that got classic music.
Speaker 2: They're not. I wouldn't go see them. I wouldn't listen to it.
Speaker 3: But I'm there's no doubt about it that this fucking artist is. I don't listen to Beyonce. I probably don't have no Beyonce. Unfortunately, I'm.
Speaker 2: I'll listen to it.
Speaker 3: I don't listen to Beyonce like you will never hear me just play put on a Beyonce album, put on the Beyonce song like it just wouldn't happen that. I'm not her audience. I'm not who she's making. I recognize I recognize her incredible carter on the way here.
Speaker 2: No, I'm listening to.
Speaker 3: I recognize her incredible talent. But I'm not listening like I'm not going back and playing Beyonce like.
Speaker 2: What you listen to?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: I ain't got that kepboard called in might right? You like what like that's what you? But you know what it is? You know what?
Speaker 3: The classic is vast majority, right, even if there's pockets of people that don't like it, might be people that don't fuck with fifty. But the vast majority of the population says, Get rich Client is Trying is a classic album, right, so I think it also leans to like that's a classic.
Speaker 2: Get rich of Dot Trina is not a classic. If you go back and listen, what's a classic. It's a great album.
Speaker 1: Worry about the fucking swing.
Speaker 2: Class because if you go back and listen to get Richard dot Trent, it's a great album.
Speaker 3: And the impact, the impact is why I think people call it a classic when they drop everything around fifty he's.
Speaker 2: You know, bulletproof vest Yeah, fifty mania. I understand that.
Speaker 3: I'm saying when you go back and listen to it, the album to me, I wouldn't say that's a classic album.
Speaker 2: You said, man, I was.
Speaker 4: I was speaking from all speak for yourself. I think that get Richard I Trying is a classic album. But that's why coming with music or to impact.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go through the music real quick. I'm not going to skip any I'm not going to do the highlights. I'm just gonna read.
Speaker 2: Starts with what up? Gangst what the intro with two quarters falling? Right? What you like?
Speaker 1: Who you get into? That's six second ship and was like worry heard that was Is that two quarters? Was that a fifty fifty? It's it's what Mano put on his single artwork. It's fifty five cents.
Speaker 2: This guy's crazy. What up? Gangster?
Speaker 1: Patiently waiting with vingem many men in the club? I all the time heat if I can't Bloodhound back down. P I M P Like my style is crazy crazy crazy a classic? Yes, I hate that song. It's not my favorite song on the album. It's definitely not. It's definitely not.
Speaker 3: It's in comparison to the rest of the track listing. It's not my favorite. Is it's a past p IMT.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, we're playing I'm playing if I if I'm washing the dishes in the album is playing.
Speaker 2: I'm not running to dry my hand to skip that that's gonna play.
Speaker 4: You can't say p I P P I M P isn't a classic because people's parents know that. So that was a huge song.
Speaker 1: It was a Thomi's record. If it's in the body body of work like yeah, nah like my style of twenty one questions, don't push me got to make it to having bonus tracks. Whangster You're not like Me lives on the line.
Speaker 2: Good class.
Speaker 1: I just telling me what a classic album is? You just I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I think it's a really I think it's a dope album. I got to hear classic. What's your classic Drake?
Speaker 4: Then I was gonna say, because I was riding with you with the Drake thing, But if you saying that Drake has classic I was, but get Richard die Trant is it a classic?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Now I just can't.
Speaker 3: I think I think get rich of d Trine is an incredible I don't know if it's a classic. I wouldn't show classic, like my classic albums are like thriller. Okay, what's about hip hop? But okay, I'm classic album. I didn't say classic rap, classic RBA. You were talking about classic albums about Kiss. I thought we talk about hip hop?
Speaker 2: No, but but not.
Speaker 3: But away from that even I was just saying classic albums, that's what. But that's part of the conversation of what I'm saying, Like, how can you say Jadakiss has two or three classic albums but Drake doesn't, because Drake isn't barring you down like Kiss.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a classic album. But a thriller is the mark then where everyone's fuck nobody got this because because, to be honest, the closest thing I saw in the early two thousands that hit not like thriller obviously, but like a thriller, that wave when Get Richard I Try and came out. It took over the world. That's why, even if you weren't even a hip hop fan, the impact was incredible. But the music was dead too, because I get the music was That's what I'm saying. I think it's a really I think the album is a dope album. I don't know if that's a classic album though. Okay, so let's a dope album.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to your point that you were making about classics being like they have to affect everybody, right, Like you said, you don't listen to Beyonce, but you're very much aware of for talent. What would you say Beyonce's classic album? Is I want to hear this because you're not a Beyonce fan.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: What was the one? Was it Lemonade?
Speaker 1: Okay, Lemonade? To me?
Speaker 2: Is it classic?
Speaker 1: As a Beyonce fan?
Speaker 5: I agree with you, So that would say?
Speaker 1: What was the other?
Speaker 2: Is it Dangerously Love? Was that the name of one of the albums.
Speaker 5: Is the first.
Speaker 2: I think that's a classic album. I think Dangerous is a classic album.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think Lemonade Danje Love and if I see the artwork, I could I could better point it out.
Speaker 4: She has a few so you're not so you're you're not a fan obviously of the music on Lemonade, but you're aware of the fact that it's a classic album, so you're able.
Speaker 3: To when I say I don't listen to Beyonce, meaning like in my time in the crib or in the car, I'm not turning on.
Speaker 2: Beyonce to listen to it like that.
Speaker 3: If Beyonce put it out on tonight, just like everybody else in the world, I'm running to listen to.
Speaker 2: No that makes sense, you know what I'm saying. I'm saying I recognize her greatness.
Speaker 3: She's one of the greatest artists ever when you come to live performance music vocally, she checks all of the boxes.
Speaker 2: She's a legendary artist like I'm not, but I don't.
Speaker 3: That's not the music that I listen to on a daily basis. I don't listen to Beyonest on a daily basis, but I know she's one of the greatest artists ever.
Speaker 2: I'm not so that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: In that environment of being in the shop with older guys from New York City from a different time, I get it. But there's some things that are just unanimous though in conversation of music. I think get Richard trying so they can't.
Speaker 1: Take away from get Richard.
Speaker 5: Iye trying.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying again me because I don't think it's unanimous that Drink is a classic. I personally think he is more than one. But that's not a unanimous thing the way get rich is to the world. So are we talking about I would have said ten out of ten people would have said get rich as a classic. Now I'm gonna say not out of ten, because you're the first person I ever met.
Speaker 2: I think with You're going to get an incredible album.
Speaker 4: So is it only a classic if the masks, if the masses acknowledged that it's a classic, right, Because the album that I think is it is a classic Drake album would be different from what the masses who would say he has When the masses would pick take Care, I would not pick take Care. I don't think his aged as well as views has right.
Speaker 1: Nothing was the same. It's a classic in Drake's catalog. Yes, do you think nothing was the same?
Speaker 2: It's a classic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, What's what's better? P I m P or Worse Behavior?
Speaker 2: Worse Behavior? I hate p I M P.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you heard of the p I m P. Might be the same song. I'm not gonna lie word like Gears, I'm going with worse that's my ship. Real five to my City or p I m P. I played three or five of my City, but to P I P is just not a good I would pick p I m P. Yeah, Real five, I would think I would. I skipped three oh five every fun time.
Speaker 1: I just I just I missed that, Tom But what a time, Bro, what a time?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just about what's your quintessential rap classics? Then, just so we can get engaged since give Rich is not there, because at that point, yeah, I don't think you would ever argue Kiss as a classic album if you don't think.
Speaker 2: Rich is right. Because when I went to that, that was like I felt like that was a no brainer. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I would Kiss.
Speaker 3: That was general consensus that everybody you know felt like that was a classic, so just to hit but a lot of.
Speaker 2: But a lot of it. But there's like that.
Speaker 3: But in our culture, and this is something we do a lot, we'll just say something is a classic because everybody else is a classic. Like a lot of people think Scarface is a classic. That movie is not a classic movie. That movie is actually terrible. I don't think you're wrong, But with get Rich, I don't think that's the case. That's what I'm saying, not saying that, I'm just saying in our culture, well, we do a lot what we see.
Speaker 2: Yo, No, that's a class a terrible, terrible movie.
Speaker 1: Movie.
Speaker 2: Why storyline? The way it shot? Like, what are you basing it on the storyline? The story?
Speaker 3: I mean, the acting was okay, but just the storyline terrible. I said it was okay, but it's I mean, you got you got two of the biggest actors of their time with al Pacino and.
Speaker 2: What's her name? Ship?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I forgot her name, Michelle Pfeiffer.
Speaker 3: But it's just that when you go back and look at it, you're like, this ship is This ain't no classic movie. But because so many people in our culture deemed it the classic, we see the poster. People got the poster in their house and the barber shops, and we see the imagery of the movie so much we're like, nah, yeah, that's a no. No, you can go back and poke holes in it, you know what I'm saying. I still think for what it was, for what it's worth and what it did and the impacting all the things, like, it's definitely classic elements to it, but it's the greatest movie I haven't seen in my life.
Speaker 2: No, like people make it out to be. You could go back and poke holes in it.
Speaker 3: But again, like so there's also like impact and stay in power and replay value and all those things go into it, you know what I'm saying. But movies a little bit different than music in that art is it different, But I think it's just different levels. Music is like writing with the vocals sound like and the production around it, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. But like, you got the acting, you got the cast.
Speaker 3: In you can have somebody who did a great job in the scene that had a terrible scene partner. So now do you say al Pacino did great, but we don' fuck with Manolo in this scene. Whereas when it's an album for the most part. You You you were responsible for carrying the way to the project as the artist.
Speaker 2: I get the late artists, but they.
Speaker 1: Put that on the lead actors sometimes before they'll put on the director just because the actors are more famous when they say that movie. But if you're not in a scene, and it's like, at the same time, that actor just showed up to do his scenes. He wasn't involved in the ending process. But if you did not direct.
Speaker 3: But if you're lighting, you're not gonna take They're not gonna blame you for a bad scene if you're not in it, even if you're the lead actor.
Speaker 1: All right, So nas gets a lot of even though I disagree with it. It's it's a narrative that's been going on. He picks bad beats and they put that on. NOAs he didn't produce it is picked classic. If you picked the direction, you picked that script.
Speaker 2: I'm asking the.
Speaker 3: Script because I'm getting I'm just let me just get my position because when I answer, i'm asking, I'm asking.
Speaker 2: I want to want to leave you Illmatic class.
Speaker 1: It's a classic.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so Illmatic and Kiss of Death are on the same level.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think there's a spectrum, so classics that happens with the worst class.
Speaker 2: I thought classic was class.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't mean they're on the same level because something they're not.
Speaker 3: So it's not a classic, it's a good albums saying it's not letting Elmatic on the same level they're now from from a rapper perspective and then from a pop star. Yes, I think it's the same. I think that a kid that was however old, NOAs you got the music and then you got the impact of it, and then you got the reach of the music. Ellmatic is a class I think. I think in the community you can't play it like anything off of Thriller.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think Ellmatic is a classic to the culture, to every MC after that. Dad was old enough to know when that album drop and feel that. I think that nas inspired every MC after that to even try. That was like the goal that became the soundtrack of your life. You moved through wherever you was at with that music in your head. Right, Okay, to me, that's a classic. I don't think people moved around with a Kiss album like the same way they moved around with Illmatic. I don't think so, not saying Kiss and Kiss is an incredible MC, one of the greatest rappers ever. But I'm talking about the music. I don't think the music lived with us from his albums, the way the music lived with us from Illmatic, the way the music lived us from Reasonable Out.
Speaker 2: I think the different.
Speaker 3: I think the unfair thing to when you compare things that Elmatic. My only caveat in that is that Illmatic changed hip hop music and albums because of the the way that they went about the production of it. Yeah, we had never seen an artist go hand pick and pluck producers from other camp I'm gonna take the hottest guy out of Gangstar, I'm gonna take the produce out of the Gangstar. I'm gonna take the produce oiue of Pete Rock and Ceo Smooth. I'm gonna take the producer from Maine Sauce. We had never done every up until that, Right Trivers self contained, Maine Sauce, self contained, Bomb Squad self contained.
Speaker 2: We had never seen that.
Speaker 3: So it changed the way people went about making their album, So that in itself makes it impactful in game changing, you know what I'm saying. So it's unfit to compare certain albums to Ellmatic. Because of what Elmatic did to change it turned the tide in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yea, even bad Boy being the sellout version of that still mainly just used hit Man. That was the first time you got a list producer.
Speaker 2: Right, he waited a production team.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying of different all these different guys production team.
Speaker 1: But where I also think it is unfair is the age gap as well, because, yeah, people, my age, Kiss of Death came out when I was fourteen. My age moved around with Kids to Death probably the same way y'all moved around with Ellmatic.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that Kiss of Death is on the same level of Illmatic, but.
Speaker 1: You also have to put that into consideration that hip hop is unlike any other genre. We're ten years is one hundred years, right, Like that's a huge gap between ninety four and two thousand and four of listeners. Kiss of Death meant a lot to us, and yeah, we moved around like this was the soundtracks of fucking life.
Speaker 4: And is at that point is it fair to say that there's different pockets of everybody in different pockets is going to say that a different album is a classic. If you go down to certain parts of the South, they would never say that Ellmatic is a classic, but somebody from their region that they grew up hearing.
Speaker 1: So we're never going to long story short, we're never all going to.
Speaker 4: Agree what a classic is, depending on age, depending on demographic, depending on where you grew up, Like everybody is going to have different classics.
Speaker 3: But you see, that's where I think, that's where I think the conversation is different. I think no matter where you're from, a classic is a classic, no matter where you're from, like under not a classic is undenied. I don't care if you're from the northwest, coast, east coast South. When we see Kevin Gates rapping reasonable doubt bas and he's from the South, that's letting you know, like he like Nigga, we was listening to that, So that narrative of in the South, we wasn't listening.
Speaker 2: Cut that shit out because niggas was listening to that.
Speaker 3: But people will tell you E forty and the Click got classic albums, and you will fight against that, and you fight against that.
Speaker 1: I would if someone in New York said Foreigner Degrees Juvenile is not a classic album, the South would lose their motherfucking minds.
Speaker 2: I played crazy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, but I mean, like Tomorrow's point, yes, Like I don't think no matter where you go, I think people would say at Aliens is a classic album, Quemini is a classic album.
Speaker 2: No matter where you're at.
Speaker 1: I think most people would say the Chronic Doggy Style, those are classic projects. But I think that's a nineties thing. I think once we hit the two thousands, it just got so spread out. I'm not even saying when it got to the internet yet. Hip hop just got so big, but your pockets happened and I got classics in the two thousands. Yeah, yeah, No, I mean yeah, he's not the only one has a classic in the two thousand and Good Kid Mad City. During the interludes, they're talking about TM one on one, like and that's in Compton up here. We thought TM one on one was a classic out the gate for I'm just saying, as the years went, the term class hip hop.
Speaker 2: Just got to classic.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good album, Okay, I think it's the second best album the Recession. I don't know if that's a no. No, that's my asking.
Speaker 3: I'm asking it's the second second best. It's my second favorite at the TM one on one for sure.
Speaker 1: And then weirdly enough, I have TM one O three is the third best album. I know that's very widely unpopuble unpopular. But today's show is brought to you by a presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, which is Florida's sports book. March is here Mall. So you know the madness is going to take over Angry college basketball, so mad center stage every day we have games. I cannot wait. The temperature is rising, the shots are falling, and now it's time to get the hardwood with hard Rock Bet. Sign up today and double your winnings on your first ten bets max fifty dollars. That's right, your winnings are doubled on your first ten bets. So if you would have won a hundred bucks on your bet, make it two hundred more. That's how you start March.
Speaker 3: So don't sit on the bench. Download the hard Rock Bet app today and let's get the party started.
Speaker 2: Danton Boots on Mall.
Speaker 3: Pay on bonus bets not a cash offer offer by the Seminal Tribe of Florida and Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you was someone you know has a gambler problem, wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 2: How do you guys think about this list? Because went on a tangent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't even know.
Speaker 2: Andre. They killed me for that I had.
Speaker 3: We all agree he doesn't have a solo album in my top five, right, But without a solo album, Yeah, it's it's only been so long, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's so long you can rest. It's just not does buster to have a classic album. It's gonna pay me for my answer when disaster strikes. What was the debut album?
Speaker 1: The coming, the fact that you have to think the fact that you have to think about it.
Speaker 5: Let you know now, the answer is no, bad bus.
Speaker 1: There is a goat. Buster is one of the greatest might be you ever had. He to me is in that Chris Brown category of you are a goat. You've given us so much, you've changed the entire genre. You are an elite artist. You've never given us that body of work that your peers have because you're in the conversation with with everyone that is a legend and Buster should be there and we'll always be there.
Speaker 2: But he's the Chris Brown. I think this is the answer is no.
Speaker 3: But I think there's probably large majorities of people that will say, yeah, extinction level event might be bust this classic album like his magnum Opus. But I don't think it's a It's a vast majority thing. And that's what you know, that's part of the criteria. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He also had such a heavy output that it gets tough with you have thirty fucking albums. Ludicrous man, Fuck y'all. Yeah, chicken beer.
Speaker 2: Has a class. Chicken and Beer, I think is the one that.
Speaker 1: A classic word of mouth classic. Though all right, all right, chicken beer is a classic. The other ones are great World Classic. Can we just pull up the word classic because I like to use the right word.
Speaker 3: I'm in that in my life. I want to say the right shot, but I don't want to. Yeah, Like, I don't want to just keep saying ship, Like what do these words mean?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Classic judged over a period of time to be that of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind. Remarkably and obstruct instructively typical. That's different a work of a work of art, recognized and established value, a school subject that involves a study of ancient Greek, whatever, So it has to be judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Chicken and Beer to me is a classic to me because I was there. I don't know in thirty years if it's going to stand like who let these holes in my I don't know if that's going to like make it for the rest of the world. If you go through blow it Out, stand Up, Splash, Waterfalls, Hard Times, Dominant, back, Screwed Up, pussy pop and hip hop quotables, black Man, Struggle, Hos in My Room, Teamwork, this is a classic album to me. Yeah, I'm not fighting you on that all is saying, I don't know if if an asteroid hits the fucking planet and we can put albums in some ship that's gonna survive, they're gonna take chicken and beer in ellmatic and be like these are these are the.
Speaker 2: Rich.
Speaker 1: They're gonna say this is that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think I'm like this is this was good, But I think they're gonna listen to other classes. I don't know if I'm a fight forget just a long fight. I don't think that good album one impact is incredible, but just no, I just don't classic.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's it.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a little bit of a nostalgia that comes with classic, Like for example, like we were talking about bad movies that are maybe classic.
Speaker 1: Scarface is a classic.
Speaker 4: Even though you can go home, go back and poke holes in the story, it is a classic Belly horrible movie, It's still a classic movie.
Speaker 1: Scarface are actually very similar where there there are a lot of great moments. Yes there's a storyline, but it's just a bunch of cool moments. Yeah, a bunch of cool moments.
Speaker 4: But they also still Belly still affects like cultural conversations to this day.
Speaker 5: It's still quoted to this day.
Speaker 1: How Hype shot it is, how people to this day shoot movies and music videos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you can't so yeah, you can say that in as a centophile. Yes it's bad. It's a bad movie, but it's still a classic, Like you can't take classic from it.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, inspected deck, look at all face. If the flood didn't.
Speaker 3: Happen, maybe if DMX and NOS was not casting in that, we wouldn't even be talking about that movie.
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 1: But that's a lot of things. Yeah, okay, if Hype didn't direct it, like yeah, anybody else did train it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: If Jay didn't rap, reasonable doubt, no no no no. Cashing is super important. Well, we've seen movies and TV shows where you know.
Speaker 3: They shot the pilot and they shot the pilot with one person and you know there was no chemistry and they put in another person like I could never see you know, Alan think as this as the dad you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Shit like that.
Speaker 1: So it's a funny example, I mean, but that's also hilarious too because NAS was horrible, and.
Speaker 2: But that adds to the allure of it. Oddly enough, Yo, I got shot in the leg. Let's go to Africa. Africa's far talking about Africa that fall. You said niggas pull up anything will pull up. The viotage is crazy. I just think it's a good movie. I don't know if it's a classic, but I get it.
Speaker 3: It's because it's so attached to our culture with DMX and nas being but.
Speaker 2: Hood Classic exists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hood classic classic, that's a real thing. But I don't want to take away from see. I don't want to say hood classic because Belly and Scarface are about the same amount of bad. And why only one of them got to be deemed as a hood classic, like.
Speaker 1: The scot Face the Hood Classic too, Yeah, only a classic because the Hood sex a classic.
Speaker 2: Suburban American thinks scarf a classicus is not.
Speaker 3: Jacket scarf face and Mount Kisskoy jackets golf.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happens in the nineties, but whenever they put like scarface posters out, then the whites got into scarface. That's really what it was, because the whites like hip hop and posters. Yeah, but because we said, we said it was a classic, you know, but.
Speaker 3: If you start talking to If you ask DiCaprio with Scarface lands for he loves Al, I'm sure he ows this guy, but he doesn't go to Scarface when he's talking about Al.
Speaker 2: He's probably that's our's worst movie. If you ask the I was.
Speaker 1: Probably embarrassed in certain rooms when that's yeah, like that's so, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It still is a classic for what. Yeah, it's a classic for what. It's worse for what is a classic because we said it was a classic, because.
Speaker 4: Even if it's not good, you can put something. I think music is a little different from movies because people will put on bad movies and enjoy them even even though they know it's a bad movie. Like we'll put on Belly knowing Belly is a terrible movie and still enjoy watching it. Putting on bad music and enjoying it is cringe. It's kind that's kind of like.
Speaker 5: That's different.
Speaker 3: I'd rather look at Keisha and that lingeride in the fucking listen to some sub.
Speaker 1: Listening to p I, it's hood classic that that crossed over though, because I think, Okay, my dad loves Scarface, my dad loves dead presidents, my dad likes Payton Full, He's probably not going to sit and watch Belly with me. Like, there are hood classics that I think have have crossed over. Dead President's being one, Payton Full being one, and Scarface being one.
Speaker 2: Poetic Justice? Is that a hood classic?
Speaker 5: Don'ts off now?
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm asking is that a hood classic? I think it is. It is.
Speaker 5: It's a classic.
Speaker 1: Wouldimer say it's not. Some would say it's not, yeah, some would say what about that is not a hoods A lot of people I don't like classic.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying some people, I think that would be the bar. But you like Justice is a great you think it's a great film? Yeah? You cool?
Speaker 1: You want to make it out like who's the what's wrong with party Justice?
Speaker 3: I thought we were celebrating your birthday while we like, what's exactly you know, pose a question?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with partic Justice? I love Poetic Justice. I just wanted to make sure that the room it was a great movie. He's taking the temperature.
Speaker 2: It's hot.
Speaker 3: But I think I think in the conversation of classic albums, though, I do think some things are subjective, but at the same time.
Speaker 2: Some things are just unanimous.
Speaker 3: Though now for sure and again back to you know, Jadakiss having three two or three classes versus Drake having none.
Speaker 2: People up that list one more time. I just want to see who else was on that at.
Speaker 1: This rand puba method Man, Jadakiss, Fablack classic.
Speaker 3: It's like, see that and that's an argument. That's an argument. Some people say to Cal is a classic.
Speaker 1: I think, please, don't make this a clip. I think Cal is not a classic. I think Cal is in that time I like to Cal. It was looked at as underwhelming. But look at what Jessek and Ghost did at that exact same time. It is the worst one out of all of it.
Speaker 2: That's a great point.
Speaker 1: Don't make it a clip. I don't want to get killed this.
Speaker 2: You can't go to Shatland no more. But it's a great point.
Speaker 1: Since that island this weekend.
Speaker 2: You can't go this weekend. I don't think to Cal is that.
Speaker 1: I think methan Man again is one of those like buster your goat goes without saying, but to Cal, the closest metan Man has a good album.
Speaker 2: To Cala is a great album. Let me put it that way.
Speaker 3: See why we can't just say that about a lot of other people that's my whole point why I got to be classic classic nah, but great Cuban link Yah. It's certain shit like I wouldn't go, I wouldn't fight you tooth and nail on Grand Puba really real, but I fuck with real Lorrel.
Speaker 2: I listen to that album. I still think it's dope.
Speaker 3: The fact that I can listen to that I'm in twenty twenty six and still think it's a dope album means I think it's a dope album. But when people when I fight tooth and Nail or say it's a classic, no, I'm not dying on that hill. But I think it's a great album. I think the impact that it had. I mean, obviously we can't count Brand Nubian album as a Grand Pooba solo because it's Brandnubian. But he really carried that album, you know what I'm saying. As far as him coming in and being the elder statesman in that crew, you know what I'm saying, having the solo records and doing all the ship that it did.
Speaker 2: It set him up for a solo project.
Speaker 3: But yeah, nobody's gonna don't think a lot of people are gonna say Realerrilla is a classic, but it's a dope grandpoop album. Grandpool might be one of the most underrated artists that we have. That's unfortunately. Let's change that. Let's change it today. Like when you talk about everything that he bought to rap different wise stash his tone sound.
Speaker 2: Fresh, shit like knowledge Yourself.
Speaker 3: He popped off wild brands, he popped off Jabou, crazy figure crazy. He brought that type of flash it into him, the book bag fly ship, you know what I'm saying, Like the preppy hood mixed with the hood ship, like rolling with the with the with the with the on man and and and honestly, the crazy shit is. He was so instrumental in Mary J. Blige's career, you know what I'm saying, Like what's the four one one?
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 2: What's the joint the other jay Z joint? Check it out?
Speaker 3: Check it out like those two records without Grandpool was a far bigger artist than Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige.
Speaker 3: His credibility gave her alidity in those spaces, you know what I'm saying, Like him popping off arguably one of our crown jewels and the Kata speaks as a testament to how important grand Pooba was in that moment.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like he's he's probably talking that ship, yeah, and even talking that she's probably one.
Speaker 2: Of the most underrated. So it was good to see you know him on this.
Speaker 3: Just mentioned there's a lot of people you know they don't and I'm you know, I'm an eighties baby, so I know exactly what pood.
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 1: Gentleman put him at number one, number one of great greatest mcs without the classic. Now is this in order or is he just naming ten? I'm not sure, but I don't know if he thinks.
Speaker 2: Grandpool Boy raps better than Black Thought, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well that's that I don't get off this. This was my last point. Is it unfair that Black Thought is on this list?
Speaker 2: Unfair?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it is because he's the frontman of the roots, like he's the MC and the roots.
Speaker 1: That's like saying every album that he is kind of a soul album. Yes, he carries the weight of the of the roots for the album for every album, Like I hear when if you're in a duo when you don't have a soul like Andre on there or having Prodigy whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you but he's the MC of the.
Speaker 1: Dice, you had other people there every now and then for it. That's just like a feature. Why is every roots album not technically right because there's been plenty of MC's that had just one producer, but they didn't name them as a group, but they had their their production squad the entire time.
Speaker 3: You think about like carra as One as opposed to Boogie Down productions. Yeah, those BDP albums are still carras One, you know what I'm saying, They're just not deemed as solo. Maybe it's production, maybe it's whatever, or like I had another point, but basically there's certain yeah, there's certain artists that carry the bulk of the m seeing on the project, but because of the way the group is labeled or named, it's not you know, the Roots, The Roots is Black Thought.
Speaker 2: It's verse wise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I if you want to make the case that it's a duo based off the amount of musicians that came and went, it's Black Thought and Questlove.
Speaker 2: But even then, like, okay, Black Thoughts the only not.
Speaker 3: Rapping, you know, And of course you got all of the other mcs that were you got Dice Raw, you got trucking Off you got damn who just passed. I'm having a brain fart. But you know, there were other mcs that were part of the collective. But Black Thought even in those records, it's not like there was a bunch of solo records from a bunch of other people. Black Thought is the bulk of the MCing and the roots throughout the entire catalog.
Speaker 2: To me, that's like saying Doggie Style is not a solo snoop album.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's labeled as a snoop album though. So that's that's what a different difference is. But that's like saying, you know you can you could say, you could say the Crime want music music.
Speaker 1: It's one producer and one rapper, a mirror and Black Thought doctors Ray. So is there a difference just because the label said Roots versus Black Thought. Now you make a case Black Thought every Roots project is a solo Black Thought out.
Speaker 3: A public enemy. Right, Those are Chuck, Those are Chuck. The albums Flip jumped in you know what I mean? Ad Lib Yeah, no one is a joke. But for the most part, Chuck D carries the bulk of the m SING throughout those projects. You know, what I'm saying. Or Gangstar is a group, but Preme didn't drop no raps. You know what I'm saying, Like those are Guru. You know what I'm saying, Like Guru m sed on those albums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this is close. How many classic albums you think Jadakins has?
Speaker 3: If I gotta, if I gotta fight for it, I'm gonna say one. I'm gonna say that the debut, And you said which one is classic?
Speaker 1: I think Kissed the Game Goodbye and Kiss the Death. My I have personal classics and then I have classics. There are under personal classics for me. If I were doing a class like Top twenty, I don't think I put kiss It at their Kissed the Game Goodbye.
Speaker 3: Thirty five year old me being overlooked. I think ghetto Fabulist is being overlooked.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have in these conversations. That's okay, how y'all say that so fast? But then, all right, I.
Speaker 3: Think ghetto fabulous is being overlooked in a lot of these conversations.
Speaker 1: I was gonna go over real talk because anything I think Street.
Speaker 3: Dreams is being overlooked. Street Dreams it's classic, all right? Then you this classic I'm just saying. I'm just saying, bro, we got your great albums. Great albums.
Speaker 2: We won't call them class, won't say the C word, but they're great albums.
Speaker 3: And that's all I'm just I just want people to stop using the word classic so loosely, right, unless you're talking about get Rich of dot trying, then please call it a classic.
Speaker 2: If you deem so, if you feel that way. And like I said, it's also not even from Queens. That's all subjective. It's all subjective.
Speaker 1: You could be from Queens in the UK and that's a classic album. Okay, before we get out of here, I'm asking this because I know the listeners want to hear from you more. I'm interviewing at this point. This morning, Charlemagne had mentioned that he talked to somebody that heard Iceman and that Future was on it, and it's been going viral all morning. This this is in real time. Can you confirm or deny that Future is on Iceman as of March twelfth, twenty twenty six, Dumpy side, big fact? Is he on?
Speaker 2: Is he on Iceman as it stands today? March? I just said March twelfth, twenty twenty six, he might be okay. I mean I personally the information I have and on the album, it's he's on the board, he's on the white board. It's ye, he's on the white body. Ideas ideas. There's a white board, parentheses an asterisk like what is well?
Speaker 3: Ideas smart, ideas are Ideas are being created? Yes, ideas are being created, have been created?
Speaker 2: Somebody they write future on the white boy will say Hendrix.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I don't know about that, but I know ideas or his full government have been created. Idea continue to be created, Ideas have been pivoted from gotcha.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's it's it's no.
Speaker 4: Matter where you went to media training school up they still like they still open.
Speaker 2: Or they like that.
Speaker 3: Well and Well told them that, no, that's just a fact. It's just ideas of being created. The album is being you know, fleshed out. It's still a process.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: So but I thought, because this isn't even information that like we had behind the scenes. I thought it was kind of like known that Drake in the future pieced up. That's why everyone's like, yo, what the how could this happen? I thought that wasn't that like kind of common knowledge on the timeline they were that they were cool again.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know that. I don't I don't know about that, But you know, I don't think there's.
Speaker 1: I'm tapped in with the Twitter rumors that that was going around everywhere, that Future and Drake we're cool again.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's far fetched that they may work together again. I don't think that's a far fetched idea.
Speaker 2: Music. Music is exponentially better when those guys are cool.
Speaker 1: I would I would hope to God Drake and Future our friends and make more music.
Speaker 6: Need that.
Speaker 2: Again before we leave.
Speaker 1: I've noticed Mall is more like Ebro than I ever thought because I saw this wild clip of Ebro today.
Speaker 4: Please are you trying to get him back for saying get Richard die Tarya?
Speaker 1: It wasn't a class No. That's why I'm starting to realize that that Mall just his speech off to get rich shit like that. We don't know what we're talking about. Did y'all see this this Hebro clip today and salutes to Hebros. That's that's my guy, Love love you Hebro. This might be one of the wildest clips I've seen this month. Can we play this?
Speaker 6: But that's why in hip hop, there has always been gatekeepers because some of y'all don't deserve a fucking opinion because you haven't been doing this professionally, consuming playing and critiquing.
Speaker 2: Hip hop as your life. You're just a fan and we love you. You're just a consumer. You're a customer, as we call them.
Speaker 6: That's why sometimes your opinion customer doesn't fucking count, because you don't fucking do this for real. And that's why when people who do this for real get around and they start looking at the nuances of what an album actually is and what it should mean, and what the person is saying through the album and the picture that it's painting and the lyrical breakdown and them being able to stay on topic, and who the producers are and what it means and what it serves in time and all of these things. When you critique complete bodies of work, not just collections of great songs, that's when you get into what is a classic album in general and a classic hip hop album.
Speaker 1: Ma I felt like you kind of sounded like that to us today talking about Gabrich, Like we don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I say, y'all don't know Joe to that never came out of my mouth one time. I never said that, what is he what is Hebro talking about her? I mean, I don't know what he read or what people are saying to him online. Maybe he feels like people that you know, haven't been in or around music, in the business of music as much as he has or as long as he has, don't really have anything that they could say to him, because again, you're speaking from a different perspective of it. One is a true consumer. First of all, we're all consumers, we all consume consumers. But Ebro has been on the other side. He's been in a music business. He's been programmed, directed at radio, and you know, things like that. So he has a different sense, in a different you know, connection to the pulse of music and just the energy of music. So I understand what he's saying to an extent. I don't know who he's talking I don't know where this came from. I don't know if somebody said something based on something Nebro said and responded to him and got mad at something he said.
Speaker 2: On his opinion. But these are all just a pinions. It's all about opinions.
Speaker 3: But again, something's a little crazy to say, yeah, y'all feel like me saying get Rich Dot Trine's not a class Even though said it's a great album, I just don't think it's a classic. Got no, this is good barbershop debate.
Speaker 2: That's one thing.
Speaker 3: I think that people talk with a certain level of certainty that don't have no idea what the fuck they talking about. And in that regard, I gotta agree with him because I'm in the music business. I'm a rap up, been on the road, I'm a songwriter. I'm friends with these artists. I know what happened in the studio, why this song didn't come out.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 3: You have people that, respectfully, you work at FedEx, you go get your hair cutting the barber shop, and you talk with this level of certainty about things you have no idea about. And that shit pisces me off because it's like, and God forbid you, fucking Bob michaelphone.
Speaker 2: In a computer and a camera and now you have it the Internet. Yeah, God forbid you got Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: Because now you're talking, and now you got an audience, and now you got people chiming in, and now people are taking your word as some type of factual thing. When basically you really just talking out your ass. And I think that where it gets convoluted in that there's like a disconnection is that you have certain people that do have a certain pedigree and do have a certain regard for this business with the knowledge and access that goes along with it, and they YouTube come up right after the other person who just talk about shit in the room and people they value those things the same way when it's not coming from the same place.
Speaker 4: So I understand where you're coming from as far as like talking about behind the scene shit that other people may not be privy to, but they get on the mic and like fans come on and say all types of conspiracy theories with artists on all types of shit first, like they're talking for sure, and they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Right with that, I agree, But when it comes to the music in the ear, the artists should never be creating music for his peers or for the people to work at radio stations to critique it. Yeah, we want you to play it, but it's not for you. It's for the niggas in the barber shop to debate whether kissing or kiss the game. Goodbye, is a fucking plastic years later. It's not for us, it's not for they hate that we even talk about their shit.
Speaker 2: They don't create it for us.
Speaker 4: They create it for the fans something more more often, especially now for the casual fan. So to say that those people don't have the right to critique music when they're the ones who started critique and music before it became a job that pays ebro all of that money, that's stupid to me.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry if that's his argument.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody has the right once the artists out there, everybody with ears has the right to critique it.
Speaker 1: And you're right and everything that you said. But to me, that's a very very small, small small part of the people that consume music. We're consumed in that world, whether it's content reactions, this and that, the fans that have now become reaction commenters, and that YouTube world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big thing.
Speaker 1: Gets a lot of views, but go through the streams of an artist versus the streams of a reaction. Neither here nor there. Most people are driving their kids to school, going to and from work, and are there to just listen to the music and have every right to critique the entire thing. But I'm not saying Ebro was wrong. It was just in the way he said it with such entitlement, where he doesn't realize we are the least important part of this entire process. We as in who the critiquers, the media people, the commenters that are on these microphones, We are the least important out of this whole process. Matter of fact, Ebro was more important when he was a programmed director and was able to play certain records for artists. At that point, he was more important than someone that could critique. The two most important people in this group is the artist, number one, and then the consumer that's listening to it and buying it. Because a lot of times people in front of microphones will start listening to records they've never listened to. They're only doing it to critique. They're not a consumer. Especially I'm listening to this because I have to comment on it. I'm not a consumer. That we are the least important, and that's also why I hate I'm going to go against our own shit.
Speaker 2: That's why I hate PR people. Now you ain't Querto Ricans listen that bad buddy was ringing.
Speaker 1: I know what with PR people, I think they're disconnected. Do I love that artists want to come up here and talk about stuff. I just don't think that's as important as y'all think it is, because a lot of our fans are content fans, they're not music fans. If someone comes up here and isn't able to play their music, because you can't do that with YouTube, Netflix, anywhere, it'll get white listed, hustling backwards. You can't even tell your label to let us clear a song that we could play on our show. What that's not a music consumer. You're selling music right now. You're coming up here just to try to be funny so you can get some views. That doesn't That does not move the needle on selling arts.
Speaker 3: Having this conversation with the artist, like the game is so fucked up, right because like you know, God, I'm on Serious XM. Right, it's a radio platform, it's a national platform. We play music. The music once it plays. If you wrote those songs or you're an artists on those songs, you will get paid from those songs. You'll have artists that will dub coming up to Serious to come and sit with y'all. No, I'm just saying in general, right because y'all high or they know the clips is going to go whatever whatever, that's not gonna ring the register, you know what I'm saying. And so that shit is, like the whole shit is, is convoluted and twisted. But back to your point, we also, I mean, I don't look at myself as a media personnelity, even though people do. I'm an artist, I create a right, but I think I have enough cachet in the business that I do have an opinion to talk about it as well. But I think that you talk about those people. Those people also, the consumers are important because they go out and consume. Right now, we're all streaming, so it's different, but they'll still go buy ticket y'all. Motherfucker's not buying tickets to shows, y'all calling the label, y'all calling the manager, y'all.
Speaker 2: Going in for free.
Speaker 3: And when you want access too, you want to go backstage, you want adapt the artists, you might.
Speaker 2: Want to Yeah, you might want to get some content, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you're right to that in that regard, like we are the least important people because if you're if your objective is to put out music so that you can financially support yourself and your family, then the consumer is who you need to be focused on.
Speaker 1: And to me also, it's contradicting of what Ebro does that I admire about Ebro with his Apple show. Outside of what he does when de Deska Low and everyone, he also does his one on one interviews with artists that are still teetering on the line. I appreciate that Ebro will interview artists that are not a list and I think that does help them because on the Apple platform you can play the music afterwards because it's on their streaming site. And it's more important because we can't play music up here because we get flagged. Ebro can do that with his stuff and I think that's important. But why Ebro is doing it outside of him also making money as he should he as a family, It is to get that artist in front of people that will consume the music, the same people that Ebro is just shitting on right now.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Yeah, what are we getting the context of weird?
Speaker 1: The person that's supposed to have an opinion, You're trying to show them the artist.
Speaker 4: Well, it appears that he that he was also involved in the classic Yeah conversation of an album, and I'm sure people disagree.
Speaker 2: Everybody can have an opinion on that.
Speaker 1: We're all music snobs. And I also will not have conversations with certain people that I know don't love music the same way.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: There'll be plenty of people like, oh, I see where you're at with shit. I'm not even there's no point us even having a conversation. Literally, I get that there, but I don't shit on them as a human being to say that they do not matter and are not allowed to listen to music or have an opinion anymore.
Speaker 3: What I want to do, bro, and don't say one word so many they have in four hour conversations and debates about shit.
Speaker 2: I know how they get mad when you don't speak.
Speaker 1: I know it.
Speaker 3: No, I get my cut, I get out of there. But it's just so I be so fortunate when I'm in the chair, because then I can't really talk, but I be hearing people talk, and I mean to very very high regard and disagreement about shit. They just don't have any idea about it, and I just be like, y'all know what the fuck y'all talking about?
Speaker 2: But I felt like that with.
Speaker 3: Math, But I can't argue that because this music subjective, right, So I'm just like, how can y'all say that this artist has three or two or three classics and this artist has none?
Speaker 2: You too, were too about classic.
Speaker 3: Albums, not a rap album, not R and B album, a classic body of work. To me, it's just like and in that moment, I was like, you know what, I get it, Like, it's all we all are going to experience and hear things and and take from art differently than others.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 3: So we can have the conversation just because it's all entertainment for ships and giggles, But it's like certain things, I'm just not debating cert I just don't get when people speak matter of factly about shit that they just don't know, especially like business ship. We can talk about opinions on music. Everybody can have their opinion on that. People talk about now because you know, Son started fucking with Son because he did this or.
Speaker 2: He did the record, and.
Speaker 1: That shit is annoying as fuck. But to me, to me, that's not talking about music. That's content. You're in the content game. You're in the gossip game. You're in you're in the Wendy Williams World. Did Wendy talk about music, Sure, but Wendy was in the gossip world. To me, that's what those people are in.
Speaker 2: A protast.
Speaker 1: Wendy looking like, you know, a lot of the fucks she was talking about on her gay listen might be bad a thousand but but still gott But I mean to me again, I'm the same way in barbershops. I will just stay quiet because it'll be a lot of shit that infuriates me and it'll be like, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, But I stay quiet because music. I'm a snob, yes, but I realized that music is not necessarily for snobs the way maybe the art world is that's very niche.
Speaker 2: Music is for the whole world.
Speaker 1: The volume of music that comes out every day is not the way bask yacht paintings come out, Like, Yeah, you could walk into a gallery and be like, bro, my two year old could draw this. We don't fully understand the fucking point and this and that whatever music is for everybody to just listen to, it can't be critiqued at the same snob level that someone like Ebro, myself or anyone else in this room feels it should be. It's for the average consumer. It's not for the snob. If you want that, then fucking go watch Whiplash and go shit on Timothy Chalamagne and say opera is the greatest thing of all time. I don't know be a snob. Where snobs are. Hip hop is the biggest genre in the world. It's not for snobs anymore. You can't ship on the consumer if you want to keep the ship moving. If we all still want to have jobs, we can't have snobs. Well, I mean, yam bars, listen, we wrapped all seasons, man.
Speaker 2: We all consumers at the end of the day. So, I mean, I get it. Some people can speak matter of fact, some can't. But I look at it.
Speaker 3: It's all entertaining. Even if you say some crazy shit and I want to laugh, I gotta laugh out of it. Look, it's like a cool I'm not gonna lose no sleep, I'm not gonna get upset. It's like that's how you feel, that's how you feel to We want to thank you for coming back, man, thank you, thank you guys for having to come back soon. Man, so we could talk some more. Chance perfect, Hopefully I get a chance to hug the matter. That's the only reason I came in hugging hours off from twelve to I think five, so you might have just just call it, just caught it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she goes in an overtime. It's double for the After that time, we'll talk to y'all soon. Be safe, be blessed.
Speaker 2: I'm that nigga. He's just ginger. That's told Ray
Speaker 1: No worran now