Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. On the independence side, Snoop.
Speaker 4: I only met Snoop one time and it was crazy because he gave a lot of game just in a very short period of time. One of the things that he said was extremely insightful. He was saying that we're talking about Beats BA Dre and you know everybody know that. I think Apple bort it for eight hundred million dollars something like that, And he was like, sometimes they'll buy you to shelf you, yeah, meaning like Beasts by Dre was lit. They had everybody they had all the rappers, they had athletes there. You don't really see too much about Beat by Dre now, so his Apple Apple, Apple bought them, so he's his thing was like, as soon as Apple buys Beats ba Dre, all you hear is the iPod, the AirPods. So they essentially brought the competition to kill the competition so they could push their products, which is AirPods as opposed to Beats by Dre.
Speaker 3: What have you heard that before?
Speaker 4: Though, Well, that's why I'm tied in with the music because like slim Thug is my guy, Like that's a personal friend of Buston. And he was saying like how he kind of regretted going to a label because it's like the label, the allure of a label, like I got a d I got my own label under a label. But he was like, looking back on it, it was better to just stay the independent route.
Speaker 3: You think that that the music business has done that?
Speaker 5: Like, of course that's what I was alluding to earlier. I even take it a step further. Okay, then all right, see y'all starting with I'm trying to stay on business.
Speaker 1: All right, So peep this, watch this, watch this.
Speaker 5: Gonna blow your mind. It's funny because I saw part of it here. What was the big the Virgin megastore. That was when I knew they won. Watched this, so they sucked up all of the independent artists. First, gave us more money than we ever seen before. But what that is to them is a tax right off, right, because they make sure in most cases that we fail. And then the other rappers who were like me, unlike you know what I'm saying. If if if let's say Manny Fresh decided that he wanted to leave, right, I don't.
Speaker 1: Have that problem because I produce.
Speaker 5: Also, if Baby decided to leave, then they don't have to worry about that because I run my business. I understand my business. If Wayne decided to leave, whether they rapper left or Julie decided to leave, a BG decided to.
Speaker 1: Leave, well I do the rappers. I do the rapping.
Speaker 5: So what ended up happening is is after they soaked, they gave all this money and we thought we had all of this money. And then the first thing that you all know, I didn't understand is what forty forty five percent of it is gone just in taxi right, then you're catching up for all of the borrowing that you did and not having or getting your first house and car, getting your mom straight what see.
Speaker 1: Long Green said that money be gone. So they did that.
Speaker 2: That was easy.
Speaker 1: Didn't watch what they did.
Speaker 5: I myself got a seventy thousand dollars check from Southwest Distribution. We didn't need the majors we had and Zalees we had Southwestern. We had distribution companies, real solid distribution companies. They soaked them up and bought them out. Then guess what they did. Black people learn how to get mom and pop stores, even though a lot of them was burning CDs in the back in bootlegging. But that was we even learned how to We actually learned how to press CDs the fact.
Speaker 1: Then they sucked up the mom and pop stores.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you'll remember when they would put the Feds started going to the mom and pop stores like they were really like they were selling drugs. Bro Right, So then they sucked up the mom and pop stores. Then after they sucked up the mom and pop stores, then they went for the major stores.
Speaker 1: Bro. We at Virgin all we got to doing, say the Virgin.
Speaker 5: Mega store bro literally, and I know I know Jordan, but I gotta say it, bro, Like the Virgin Mega Store was one of the few times besides walking into a strip club, where I think I slightly had.
Speaker 1: An orgasm when I would walking to the store.
Speaker 5: I mean just being a I mean just being a b one thing that people don't understand about me.
Speaker 1: Bro, is I really loved hip hop. I really loved it. I really thought it was this real thing. Bro.
Speaker 5: I right, like, Bro, and I peak what they did to the game, Bro, and then we were okay with streaming after that.
Speaker 1: Bro. Like we it's just like, Bro, we are addicted to.
Speaker 5: Following our pressors, no matter how they treat us, no matter how bad they do us, we run behind them.
Speaker 1: Bro. I just left Forbes, and.
Speaker 5: What I was telling them over there at Forbes was like, one of the sad things is that we get caught in the trends, no matter how detrimental those trends may beat us. Like I told them, there's nothing from a business standpoint that you.
Speaker 1: Can tell me that was positive about streaming.
Speaker 5: And you all are owned your business acumen, bro, At least.
Speaker 1: At y'all age. Bro, I don't know too many people.
Speaker 5: Y'all ages beat y'all on that side, tell me one positive thing about streaming you were getting. I just told you I was getting ten dollars a CD, two fractions of pennies to just allow somebody to play my music over and over again on their site.
Speaker 1: That's all streaming is.
Speaker 5: They just play up, perpetually play your shit over and over again, and then people tap into their site.
Speaker 1: What's smart about that?
Speaker 3: It's just psychological.
Speaker 4: Even Swiss Swiss Beat had said something that was insightful off so with you know, he went to Harvard like that program that they have, and he was like, one thing that he picked up is that in business, you don't have to give somebody ownership, but you just make them feel like they have ownership in their work.
Speaker 3: So he equated that to labels.
Speaker 4: He's like, so when they started giving everybody a label, they felt empowered because now you're under a powered structure that you psychologically want to be under anyway, and they make you're still a worker, but you have a title of a CEO. So now all everybody got a label, but nobody has distribution, nobody has real ownership.
Speaker 3: But that's a way to keep everybody happy and satisfied.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's law border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,