Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend everybody, and a happy Father's Day, a belated one, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show got a few poll questions today. Spent a good portion of the first hour talking about the US Open. Congrats to Wyndham Clark, the law firm of Wyndon Clark. He laid down the law at lacc as he survives with Ricky Fowler hot on his heels and Rory McElroy and Scottie Scheffler. He was the best golfer for four days and he is your US Open champ. Stat of the day brought to you by a Penni America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Poll question for hour two is going to be what, by the way, we are going to get to more phone calls? Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes see, we could jump into a Father's Day poll question that Todd sent over, because you know these are always more of a statement than a question. M the TBD sent over My Father's Day was more than I could have ever hoped for. It's very nice, disappointing, perfectly uneventful or spent longing for the old days before joining the DDC.
Speaker 2: Oh the Dead Dad Club.
Speaker 1: Dead Dad's Club had a big weekend, by the way, big weekend really.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, huge weekend.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of social media action for the Dead Dad's Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hmm. Is it more than I could ever hope?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's more than I could ever hope for.
Speaker 5: It was just more.
Speaker 6: Special than you thought it was gonna be. You kind of thought it was going to be quite long.
Speaker 2: So if I had low expectations, that's the way it exceeded. Then it exceeded. Yeah, it exceeded my expectations.
Speaker 1: No expectations, Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I didn't have any expectations.
Speaker 2: It was like, okay, anything going on today? Okay, oh maybe the dog loves me? Come in here, Winnie.
Speaker 1: Anybody got any thoughts anything?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Anybody hello? Anybody care about Father's Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: When we sat down for dinner last night and we went out and my wife was going to order something, I said, go ahead, baby, it's your day. Oh she was like, yeah, you know what, Because I am the one that made this happen.
Speaker 2: So you're right, it is my dad. Okay, all right, bloop a check past eight seven seven three DP show email Adressdpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show. We did spend some time talking about the Phoenix Suns and the Washington Wizards. I guess I would give a temporary or hesitant uh positive grade for the Phoenix Suns. You didn't give up much, but it feels like what you got you already had. And you're going to play for a defensive minded coach and Frank Vogel and I don't know if you have anybody who wants to play defense. There don't have depth. You're gonna need depth to beat Denver. But all right, and Bradley Beal got out of Washington, you get to go to Phoenix. You get to play with a couple of Hall of famers there. I don't know if Miami was all in on Bradley Beal. Seems like if you're gonna pick up somebody, or you're gonna give up some of your pieces, you're gonna want to get Dame Lillard. I still think that there's a I don't want to say a good chance, but a chance that Zion gets traded before, well after the draft maybe, And I'm wondering what would Charlotte take Zion Williamson. Could you do that with the number two pick overall? Could you make something happen in a deal? And would that be a good thing for Charlotte to get Zion? Imagine you had LaMelo ball and you had Zion. That could be fun back in Carolina. I don't know. Here's the thing. If he goes to Carolina, he's probably bringing the problems he had in New Orleans with him to Carolina. I don't think he's gonna go No, I'm gonna leave my la work here in New Orleans. I'm going to Carolina and everything's going to be good again. Yes, Mark All you remember Dan ork travels. Yes it does, Yes it does. But I'm wondering about that. If Victor Wanbayama goes one, does Brandon Miller go two? And then Scoot Henderson go three? To Portland? And if you're Dame Lillard, are you excited about that? Are you going to get somebody who would be interested in trading to get that third pick overall? And is Zion going to be used as a pond to get one of these draft picks?
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 2: That's sort of what I find interesting here. As we move forward leading up to the draft on Thursday phone calls, we'll get to those best and worst of the weekend. By the way, I mentioned that my daughter was traveling through Nebraska. Car broke down the other night two in the morning. Officer there helped her out. DJ, and Nebraska. I think I might have mispronounced Gothenburg. Hey, DJ, Hey, how are we doing?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's Gothenburg.
Speaker 2: Actually, well, I went and googled it and I said, how to pronounce Gothenburg, Nebraska, And there was a woman who said Gothenburg, and so I was like, okay, I'm going to go with that. But you're saying it's Gothenburg.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Gothenburg.
Speaker 10: And if you look it up, they have a really really nice public course.
Speaker 9: They're called wild Horse Golf Course.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, DJ, thank you. And if you see Officer Carlson, I hope that's his name. I hope my daughter got that right. Please tell him thank.
Speaker 3: You for helping Carrelson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually Carol Carlson. Yes, Officer Carrolson, not Carlson. So it's Gotham. It's go wait Gothenburg. Gothenburg. Okay, Gothenburg. Yeah, I did google it yesterday. I'm like, if I'm going to say this on the show, I got to get it right. And the woman goes Gothenburg. I go, Okay, it's not but I found out. Okay, it's got a bad source there. Yeah, yeah, but I did google it and she mispronounced the town there. I'll blame it on her. Sean and Florida. Hey Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey Dan? Excuse my voice getting over a little cold. I got a best of worse for the weekend. Okay, six foot two fifteen.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: The best is watching the golf with my wife, even though we were rooting for Rory. Enjoyed it greatly, sitting on a couch with our little rescued dog between us. Loved watching it. It was exciting. And the worst of the weekend, of course, is my Yankee pathetic line up scoring three runs and getting nine hits in the doubleheader. But the worst part of it was I had clipped switched over from the golf to just watch the Yankees for a second to get a score, and I get Aaron Boone between innings talking to the reporter and she asked him about how much they misjudge, and he says, well, we really it's not about misin judge. We got enough guys capable to handle it. We really don't. He basically said that the Yankees don't miss Aaron Judge.
Speaker 2: Well that's uh, that's your manager, Aaron Boom. Not a good weekend there. Uh. Here is Wyndham Clark after winning the tournament yesterday and dedicated this to his mother, who passed away a few years ago from breast cancer.
Speaker 11: You know, I just felt like my mom was watching over me today and you know, scamp, be here and miss your mom. And but I just feel like I've worked so hard and I've dreamed about this moment for so long. There's been so many times I've visualized being here in front of you guys, winning this championship, and I just feel like it was my time, and you know, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: It felt like the longer he was staying on top of the leaderboard, the more NBC was telling his story, then you started to, you know, appreciate what he's accomplished, where he was, where he is now, and that he's holding off these marque names. And it became a great story there. We did talk first down on about the lack of atmosphere and it was almost by design by the USGA and maybe the LA country Club, the infrastructure there, you know, parking, the number of people on the grounds there. You know, it's a private place. Obviously it's a country club, so it's private, but even more so at LACC. And it lacked the atmosphere that you would normally have. It wasn't like it was in Massachusetts last year for Matthew Fitzpatrick. You know this, this didn't have that. And you know there's a fine line of atmosphere and then over the top where it's just obnoxious. You know, you're looking for that. Let's capture the spirit here of a US open, great venue. And it just felt casual if a major can feel casual, and it did at least on TV you did. Uh, yes, Pony.
Speaker 8: Dane, I got an update on the Gothenburg Gothenburg situation. Okay, Uh the Gothenburg or Gothenburg Community Development Office.
Speaker 4: I just got off the phone with them. Because you want to go directly to the source.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is uh Gothenburg, goth in Burgh, Nebraska.
Speaker 4: It's Gothenburg in.
Speaker 8: Sweden, Oh, sister city, which may have been the confusion.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, Whattenberg because when I when I googled it, maybe she was maybe she just gave me Gothenburg.
Speaker 4: Sweden, and it's it's Goten.
Speaker 8: In Sweden, Gothenburg, Nebraska, American relacts.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Officer Carlson meaning Carl's son, son of Carl.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's his name. I just said to my daughter, I said, you can you ask if there's an officer Carlson.
Speaker 4: Of course, this third call for them this morning.
Speaker 2: And by the way, is there an officer Carlson? They have to be going, what is wrong with this guy?
Speaker 4: How do you calls you.
Speaker 8: Think they get in an average week? And I'm gonna be three deep by nine am.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess you're probably going to be the most calls today will be from you.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, comic, I'm sorry. I know it's a holiday holiday.
Speaker 5: Good for that.
Speaker 2: By the way, I did sneak in john Wick four on Sunday Father's Day because I think everybody realized that I just wanted to be left alone and uh and I had watched the first three and it's you know there's not all at once. Respect No, okay, yeah, but but I did. I have watched all four john Wick. Those are quality films. Those are those are chapters. I believe they're chapter one, two, three, and four. But I don't know how is John Wick. I'm trying to understand when he's delivering his lines. Yeah, but exactly so, I don't know if if it's Keanu Reeves or it's they that this is how they want John Wick to sound, because there's not a lot of lines by John Wick. Because he would be asked a question, he'd be like yeah, and I just thought it felt like everything was painful for him. Yeah, hey, we need to go after those guys. We need to kill him. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Essentially Kanu Reeves.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know. I was trying to remember back to one, two, and three. If he sounded like that.
Speaker 4: Is this a departure from his acting?
Speaker 2: I don't know, And you know, I love Keanu Reeves, one of our favorite guests. He joined us in studio New York years ago and didn't come in with an entourronte nothing. He was just awesome. Fela can wear a suit. He looked like he was thirty five and he was fifty. But I didn't know if this is Was I missing something with John Wick with the previous chapters?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Is there a chance that it's almost like on purpose, like it's a little.
Speaker 2: That's why I wasn't sure if you guys ever picked up on that.
Speaker 4: He's a guy who's just killing people all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yes, he is, Yes, Yes, I got you know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen four yet.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spoil it.
Speaker 1: I've seen one, two, and three and I love them. I don't know that I've ever looked into it more deeply than just face value. Dude just run around in a suit, yeah, running through yeah a city.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then that's it.
Speaker 2: Like it becomes almost entertain not entertaining, laughable that he's killing so many people, right, I don't know what the body count is of all four movies.
Speaker 4: Oh, I want to go movie by movie. We could probably break that down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess it's gotta be two hundred and fifty three hundred maybe.
Speaker 8: John Wick Chapter four on Rotten Tomatoes ninety four percent positive reviews from the audience. Okay, one of their best reviewed films of the year. Films I said of the year, any chance can of Reeves is going their root.
Speaker 4: I don't know who did it first. I'm taking to Liam Neeson, like give us everything we want, like just over the.
Speaker 3: Top breathy yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 4: It's exactly what you want in this type of movie. I think you don't want to be soft.
Speaker 2: Well, he already lost his wife. That was a long time ago, boy. Yeah, spoiler, Liam Neeson is always losing his kids or you know, like somehow you would never want Liam Neeson to watch your kids. Hey, gonna drop the kids off? Is that okay? Yeah? And then all of a sudden he calls you and he says that he's lost your kids. And then he says, what time I will hunt you down.
Speaker 5: I will find you and I will kill you.
Speaker 1: I just I kind of love though that this dude goes on a rampage essentially because they people killed his dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well and his wife too, yeah yeah, but maybe more importantly his dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like it's more about his dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe somebody can help me with this, because I wasn't quite sure how he was supposed to sound or how he sounded in previous movies of John Wick. I'm not sure why chapters.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's just a let it be kind of It just is what it is. It's John Wick, it's Keanu Reeves as an actor.
Speaker 4: Let it soak over you and move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it is.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Just enjoy the neon lights.
Speaker 1: It's very very stylistic, great hair, very It's all visual, Dan, it is.
Speaker 2: It is extremely visual. Not about the dialogue, Oh no, no, no, there's some words of wisdom thrown in there. Don't sell yourself short on that, okay, real drops of wisdom in there. Yes, scrunchy faced Todd.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's passive aggressive on his part. It's certainly another payday for him, but maybe it's his way of telling, we.
Speaker 5: Got to do another one of these. Wasn't three chapters enough?
Speaker 2: He's not Marge Simpson, Yeah, we have to do.
Speaker 8: I got the upcoming movie Slash Films by Liam Neeson, which I know you love the titles quickly before we break out for blood Cold Storage.
Speaker 2: Is that is that the sequel?
Speaker 4: I'm not spoiling.
Speaker 2: That was the snow Plow.
Speaker 4: No, that's ice Rod too, Rod to the sky.
Speaker 8: Okay, ice Road to Cold Storages coming up, Thug the Riker's Ghost that sounds deep.
Speaker 4: In the Land of Saints and Centers, a little.
Speaker 8: Wordy from usually three words, and we get back to business with retribution. Okay, plays Matt Turner anytime your your name is like Matt Turner, John Wilson.
Speaker 2: Somebody's in trouble.
Speaker 4: A lot of trouble. John Wilson's coming after your Yes, it's.
Speaker 5: Called Saints and Centers. Why they have to in the land the right way? Too long?
Speaker 4: Right, fair point ruined?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, the best and worst of the weekend. We'll get to more phone calls, give you hours coming up next to here coming up on seventeen after the hour Danpatrick Show. Oh I got the choices here for Marvin's cookcount playlist on Friday, go to Danpatrick dot com and vote on who you think should be on the playlist. This week, We're giving you the choice of hard rock, punk rock, yacht rock, Southern rock, kid rock, Let's go. We're giving you control, just like you have control over your phone plan. Get exactly what you want, only pay for what you need, turn on perks when you want them. That's my plan from Verizon, and this Friday, we're following in their footsteps, giving you control over part of the show. It's Marvin's Cookount playlist. So once again, here are the nominees. Hard Rock, Punk Rock, yacht Rock, Southern Rock, or kid rock.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 2: Take control of your phone plan with my plan from Verizon, also take control of our show. Thanks for voting. Go to Danpatrick dot com and vote, and that'll be Marvin's Cookout playlist each Friday. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for the Danpatrick Show at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the peacock app.
Speaker 13: This is Steve Covino and Rich Davis, and together we are Covino and Rich. Caveno and Rich.
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy, that's right.
Speaker 12: Covino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio's newest hit show, heard weekdays from five to seven Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 13: Every Coveno on Rich show is available as a podcasts. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe of such a rockin' dude.
Speaker 12: The show features our unique take on sports injected with some fun, humor and relatability. Listen to Coveno Ownerrich five days a week on the iHeartRadio app, podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: And Ridge give me the hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Best and worst of the weekend, We'll give you hours. Coming up. Wyndham Clark fourth player in the last one hundred years to win the US Open, the first time after making the cut in the tournament, and the first to do so since Lucas Glover in two thousand and nine. Here is Rory McElroy on finishing runner up. I'm right there. You know.
Speaker 5: It's it's such fine margins at this level, and.
Speaker 8: You know, I just got to keep putting myself in these positions, and you know, center or later it's going to happen for me.
Speaker 2: I've heard this interview many many times over the last thirty three majors. It feels like, but Rory has been trending in these last four majors, I think top ten and finished second yesterday. All right, let's go around the room, best and worst of the weekend, Todd, I'm going to start with you.
Speaker 5: My best of the weekend. Scotti.
Speaker 6: Sheffler goes from four under to six under amazing one hundred ninety six yard eagle on seventeenth Saturday in round three of the US Open.
Speaker 5: Found that very impressive. Worse.
Speaker 6: David Freeze had a number of huge moments to help Saint Louis reach and win the twenty eleven World Series, deciding not to accept an invitation to be inducted into.
Speaker 5: The Cardinals Hall of Fame. I found that odd and I was disappointed.
Speaker 2: Well, he did say that he didn't feel worthy. That was it.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a rude thing. He just felt like he wasn't as good as the others. I guess that are in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why did you feel it was weird?
Speaker 6: Or if he was voted in and everyone took the time to vote for him and he was a huge part of that team and they want him to be in it.
Speaker 5: Just to accept it. I think that'd be cool to be in the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it would be, but he didn't feel worthy. But they did, yes, But Dolly Parton didn't want to be in the Rock roll Hall of Fame, but she got voted in. Yeah.
Speaker 8: But like David Freeze, I think his point is, like what it was he there five six years, he was a good player, maybe one time All Star. It's a hall of fame or hall of moments, like I think in the Yankees Monument whatever it's called there, Monument Park, Mining Park, Roger Merris is back there.
Speaker 4: You know he had a couple of times. Well he was bigger and better.
Speaker 2: A little more impactful.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, David Freees literally got a World Series won for them with his hit yeah let it be jump on in there.
Speaker 2: They went on are you yeah?
Speaker 6: To me, it was like you could say publicly if you want everyone to know, I don't think I deserve it, But that's a very kind that I'm excited and thank you for thinking that highly of me, and I'm excited about being part of that group.
Speaker 2: Did he say before it happened, hey don't put me on the ballot, or I don't want you to vote for me because I don't feel him worthy.
Speaker 5: I did see that. He said he thought long and hard.
Speaker 6: It wasn't obviously a quick decision, and he was battling over whether to accept it or not, and ultimately he thought that he should not accept.
Speaker 2: No, we should have probably told them before this started the process there. But yeah, maybe one day he'll uh, you know, not decline the honor. He certainly, I mean, it feels like he brought more attention to himself by dec it as opposed to if he just accepted it, we'd be like, oh, yeah, I remember some of those hits that he had see no counter best and worst.
Speaker 3: We'll go to best then.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: My one best of the weekend, somebody just pulled up an old tweet from the Phoenix Suns. It's from February first or second of twenty twenty two, and it's Chris Paul with a pretty great highlight against the nets and the caption of the tweet is all caps, Chris Paul, you are a wizard. They mean it differently, Yeah, and it is sort of like this really aged, well, you are a wizard. Yes you are not officially, but pretty close too. Oh god, that is so funny. And my super more best of the weekend our boys dan Us mt tits back to batlet. Yeah, Balligan scored, Yeah, massive, Conker caf for Richard scored Giorna balling. Oh yeah, boys are looking good. Danny's still still time to hop on board.
Speaker 2: Oh come, I think I'm gonna work for us?
Speaker 4: Are Yeah, seem.
Speaker 1: Convinced this is a time d next four years are gonna be huge.
Speaker 2: I know huge. Yeah, I've been hearing that for the last four years, and then four years before that, and then four years. See.
Speaker 1: But now you're you're so busy with that line. Have you been hearing it from before? You You're missing it really happening, You're missing it.
Speaker 2: I you know what, And I will be the first to say, you know what, I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 3: Right of dude, it's great. It's a great time.
Speaker 2: And then you you get you know, Greg bird holds Her or whatever his name is, comes back and they got to mend their relations for.
Speaker 1: No reason, to bring the negatives in because that's an unfortunate, it's horrible step back.
Speaker 3: But hopefully he doesn't blow it.
Speaker 2: Is it Greg with three g's and this will yeah, okay, cripple g Marvin. Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 14: Best of the weekend, Nicole, he made it back to ra Yes, he did so good for him.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 14: Worse of the weekend the Dodgers, losing fifteen to zero two. The Giants tied for the worst home loss in Dodger history.
Speaker 2: PAULI bestan worst the week.
Speaker 8: I know this is best or worst. We're very wonky baseball season. Yeah, the Dodgers are in third. When was the last time the Dodgers had fewer wins than the Angels at this point in the season. I would bet it's got I got to be a decade. The Angels are usually sub five hundred this time of year, and the Dodgers are by ten over like.
Speaker 4: The Milwaukee Brewers are good. The Reds are good, Dan, your Reds. They won't eight in a row. They were poor into the past couple of years. What else?
Speaker 8: The Yankees are average and the Raids are great. So it's been a very fun baseball season. I watched a little F one this weekend with the help of a show called The Grandstand driver Daniel Riccardo and the comedian Will Arnette. It was like a second screen show for the Canadian Grand Prix.
Speaker 4: Very fun.
Speaker 8: Explained a lot of F one things I didn't know before. Little comedy. Some guests, I think Josh Allen popped on. So it was a good show called The grand Stand.
Speaker 2: Did they ask Josh Allen about his RELATIONSHIPIP with Stefan da Okay, I'm just curious. I'm curious because this was football related. Remember everybody said it's not football related. I go, it's football related. If he's not showing up at camp or there's something, probably you know, there's a problem at camp, then it's football related. And then it turns out that he didn't like the way he was used in the second half of the season. Apparently by the way, I have the odds these wide receivers to have fifteen hundred yards or more receiving this year. And if you were wondering, is Stefan Diggs's name on this list not in the top five? It's Justin Jefferson Junior, the third, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, jamar Chase, Cooper Cup. Those are the top five. According to DraftKings, they're going to have at least fifteen hundred yards this season. Cooper Cup is fifth on the list, but Justin Jefferson is first overall.
Speaker 8: YEA, Justin Jefferson is one of those guys where what is he twenty three years old with three hundred and twenty four catches three years. He's averaging one hundred and seven catches a year, one hundred and eight catches the years right out of the gate. That's one of those records down the road when he's like seven, eight years in. I mean, Jerry Rice seems uncatchable. But he's one of those guys. He's got a great start.
Speaker 2: I wonder what he's going to get paid. Isn't t J. Watt the highest paid non quarterback? I mean that's going to change. When is Micah Parsons up for his contract? What do you pay him? But Justin Jefferson might end up being the highest paid non quarterback in the NFL pretty soon.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, he's going into year four.
Speaker 8: They would pick up his fifth year option to I guess avoid paying him or would you go try to do it earlier and try to get a little bit of a discount spread it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. We always talk about quarterbacks that you got to pay them early. What about a wide receiver like Justin Jefferson And then we're still waiting for DeAndre Hopkins d hop as they like to say. It feels like it's the Patriots of the Titans. That's about it not a big market for him, but he would be reunited with Bill O'Brien with the Patriots. Is that a good thing because I thought they had a falling out when they were in Houston together and then the Titans. Okay, it makes a lot of money. I don't know if he's anywhere near what he used to be, And it feels like he's in that Andre Johnson, there's a few wide receivers that you kind of put him in there that they were machines. They'd give you fifteen hundred yards. You know, it felt like every year they were, you know, a Pro Bowl wide receiver. Who else was Andre Johnson? Who is the wide receiver? Really banged up a game against the Jets. He got hit in the end zone. Oh do you remember? Oh might have been a cardinal and Quin Bolden?
Speaker 4: Oh Bolden?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And Quin Bolden feels like there's there's those receivers that you kind of put in there that they put up similar numbers and they seem like they were built the same way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: And KWin Bolden, man, I love that dude. He played like a like a grown ass man.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he got hit. I think it's a game against the Jets in the end zone, and I'm surprised that he got up yeah pulling.
Speaker 8: There's one of those guys where you say, after year one, is he going to the Hall of Fame? Sure, I'd bet a week's pay. And Qui Bolden as a rookie, sixteen games, one hundred and one receptions as a rookie, fourteen hundred yards, eight touchdowns, Rookie of the Year, Pro Bowl, made a couple more Pro Bowls. But you know he finished with He did finish with one thousand and seventy six catches, but all his best work was his first six seven.
Speaker 2: Years in Chicago. Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 9: Oh man, thank you for taking my call, mister Patrick, I got a double best. Then my man Marve been getting down on music. So I'm going down to my man bar with the playlist from Friday.
Speaker 2: Round of Applause from Marvin's cook Count playlist from had some funk there on Friday.
Speaker 9: And then my other best is Marv mentioned in my favorite band Prinsion of Revolution. They are definitely a derivative of Slide the Fading Strong And I want to get involved with DJ name man, let's call it DJ goodheads man, man getting THEREJ.
Speaker 2: Goodhands. Okay, J goodhands. I'll take it all right, DJ, goodhand.
Speaker 14: I'll take all of it. Even when you guys come and see me for the meet and greets. Hey, high five, I don't want to know high five. Let's measure hands. In Arizona that was I was like, hey, everyone put their hands up. I was like, hey, they looked, I want to high five from you.
Speaker 2: I get out of here. There was this little boy who came up to Marvin and I thought, you know, because we met a lot of people after each show when we were in Scottsdale at the super Bowl, and I see all these kids and I thought, man, that's great. Marvin is connecting with these little kids. And they're walking up going hey Marvin, and they put their hand up and then Marvin gets ready to give them, you know, like dap, and they go no, no, put your hand up next to mine. And they were like, you know, seven years of age. Felt bad, but you know what, you were a great team player that day.
Speaker 14: Like see and his wife said, they could be worse things. Yeah, like, oh you ever paid me to do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Talk about my hands?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, you're okay with that.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, I've been talking about my worst jobs and worst paying gigs too.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you've worked no warehouse?
Speaker 2: Oh you did? Wow?
Speaker 3: No little hands?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not easy, twice the work.
Speaker 2: Here's the NFL's highest paid player, all hands on deck except for you, Marvin. Highest paid Players twenty two twenty three. It's Jalen Hurts, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Jentcy. You have to go down to number fifteen is Aaron Donald and then it's Tyreek Hill. TJ. Watt is third on that list of non quarterbacks. But I wonder AJ Brown, Oh no, here's oh boy, Miles Garrett, Laramie Tunsel.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 2: They make twenty five million. AJ Brown makes twenty five million, Stefan Diggs twenty four, DK Metcalf twenty four. All right, so there's a few players here. Bradley Chubb makes twenty two million, DeForest Buckner twenty one. Okay, yeah, so Justin Jefferson Junior the third he's going to be a thirty million dollar a year guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Paul, I saw that list you just sent around. If someone had told me a year or two ago that at one point in my life Gino Smith would make twenty five million dollars a year. What a resurgence by that guy, even if it's just a couple of years. Financially, he just saved the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have thought total salary for his career would be twenty five million. Maybe, but hey, he produced last year, played well. But I love how, you know, whenever you talk about the Eagles and Jalen Hurts and it's a great success story, but an Eagle fan can't go, you know, why don't you talk about Jalen Hurts more? I mean, we did what he did in the Super Bowl and could have been the MVP there. But this is a team that entertained the idea of trading for Russell Wilson before he landed in Denver. They weren't sold on Jalen Hurts, and even leading into the season, I was told they got two first round picks and if Jalen Hurts doesn't work out, they're going to use those two first round picks to go up and get a quarterback. He's a great success story. I think he's a good quarterback on a great team. And this is where it gets dangerous and gets tricky because when they pay the quarterback, now, all of a sudden, you can't pay the other players. Now, all of a sudden, we find out just how good you are as at quarterback. And we're going to find that out about him, you know, Russell Wilson when Seattle couldn't keep those players Denver, you know with russ now lean and mean though, of course let's ride. But some of these quarterbacks where they get exposed a little bit more because they're not with a great team. They have to be great. You know, Daniel Jones, he's making forty million dollars a year, Derek Carr thirty seven, Kirk Cousin's thirty five when you don't have a great team around you, and those aren't those aren't exorbitant salaries there. But you know, Dak Prescott's making forty Kyler Murray forty six, Oh god, Deshaun Watson forty six. You know, when it's up to you, then sometimes we find the true value of these quarterbacks. A good quarterback and a great team can win a Super Bowl. A great team on an average team is not going to win a Super Bowl even well, a great quarterback on a good team is going to can win a super Bowl. But I think you had a good quarterback on a great team in Philadelphia, and maybe Jalen Hurts. You know, he puts back to back seasons together. Great story there, but you're paying him fifty one million dollars. All right, let's take a break. More phone calls coming up back after this. Just because it was Father's Day didn't mean that I didn't have to work. Well, it's not work. I just fired up. The trigger Tregger does all the work for me. It's the trigger Hood. You can join the tragger hood. You get the wood fired difference for your flavor your food be premium hardwood pellets, flavorful sauces. They got rubs for you, all part of the big sale that can help you stock up for a delicious summer. Right now all new Timberline grill up to two hundred dollars off on select ironwood grills as well. You can save up to three hundred dollars on that Timberline grill. Treger, they got all kinds of sales right now. Save up to twenty five percent on their smart thermometer the meter as me eat e R. The timing couldn't be more perfect for this sale, and hopefully you took advantage of the Father's Day sale. Whether you're looking to surprise the loved one or maybe just stocking up for yourself. Treger's here to help. Visit tregger dot com and do so before June twenty first to get these fresh off the grill deals and remember use DP show at checkout. That's free shipping, happy grilling. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Nine years ago the last time the Angels had more wins than the Dodgers through the first seventy four games. Angels had forty one in twenty fourteen. At this time nine years ago, and the Dodgers had forty. The Angels had more wins than the Dodgers that year. Twenty eighteen, teams had identical records of thirty nine thirty five, and now the Angels with forty one wins the Dodgers with thirty nine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Paul, last time Angels made the playoffs was that year twenty fourteen they got swept in he aled. Yes, it was Mike Trust's three playoff games. Yeah, against Kansas City his career. Remember those, yes, kind kind.
Speaker 2: Of remember that those were the three Paul keeps saying, Hey, if the Angels keep winning, does that mean it's going to be tougher to make a deal to resign? Show Heyo Tani. He's got twenty four home runs, he's two players, he's pitching. Great, you got to give him two salaries. You got to give him sixty million dollars a year, ten year, six hundred million dollar deal. He's international. Is that the right decision though? But it still goes back to what we've talked about. That's where the Angels, I'm sure they've said this. Just tell us what the ballpark is, Just give us an idea. Does he want to stay? And if so, let's start this process now. We don't want to wait. We want to build a winner around him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe this can sign him as a pitcher. They'll just sign him as a picture and I'll let his hitting rights go to another team. I'll go across town and.
Speaker 2: Come on, Paul, come on stop, come on.
Speaker 4: This ISA could be so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is anybody impressed with Russell Wilson Junior the Third's workout video.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was a lot of sliding going on. There's like he must have a business interest. It looked like these mats where you slide back and forth, and he had a towel and a football and he's sweating and there's some dude there with a power drink or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the problem. It looked like a commercial Russ putting in work. Yeah, and then he says he's lean and mean. Is that the reason why he didn't play well because he was out of shape or heavy last year?
Speaker 4: I'd like to know the shape of his lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should be the one working out with him. But I didn't know if that was the reason why. I was like, you know what, got some extra body weight, and I just wasn't able to be as elusive as I normally am.
Speaker 6: Yes, Tom, anything's better than those cheesy subway commercials he did, but show me week one. I don't need to see the behind the scenes and what you're doing and not doing.
Speaker 5: It just comes off bed and look at me, and week one, we'll see what you got. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We go back to those subway commercials, and I remember the first time I watched it, I thought, oh my god, somebody put something on TV they shouldn't have and it was rustling.
Speaker 4: Ah, you guys aren't exaggerating either.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I swear. I was like, oh my god, that shouldn't be on TV.
Speaker 3: Well, we gotta leave that behind us. We do the subway commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, this workout video is ten times better than the subway commercial. I mean it's just some guy sweating a little bit, leaning me, he's wiping down any equipment.
Speaker 2: No, the subway ones were like, Russ, you don't speak with your mouth full.
Speaker 1: All right, he's looking strong. Russ is looking strong. He's looking fit. Okay, how's c are looking also fit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? More importantly or not? Okay? Who is Bill Murray dating? Reportedly dating Palise? Is that he is that? How you pronounced her name? Did she do like milkshake? Okay? Okay, all right, yeah, yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: Say she nas is the old wife?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah. I think she's very very attractive, all right, Bill? Pretty Yeah, But I'm like how does that happen that Bill Murray is like, yeah, dating milkshake?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know Bill was on the market. I had no idea. He's seventy two years old. Yeah, I didn't know he was a free agent.
Speaker 2: I think that he his previous wife had died.
Speaker 4: Oh, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he had, uh four kids, maybe three or four, maybe more than that.
Speaker 8: I wonder if he'd be tough to date, because if you go into a restaurant, he must he must get bombarded.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Plus there's the I'm an entertainer, so I have to entertain when I go in, and people expect that, like they don't want to go. Yeah, we saw Bill Murray. Didn't say anything. He's very quiet.
Speaker 3: He's known as the nuts of acting too.
Speaker 8: LA Times headline, Bill Murray and Calise might be dating.
Speaker 4: You got to get your journalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can't. Times get a second sight, I think.
Speaker 4: Might a headline.
Speaker 2: No you can't do that. No, you can't come on. Bill Plaishky's got to help out the La Times. There they might be, might be and they might not be.
Speaker 8: May have won the US opening yesterday. The results in yessual.
Speaker 5: Right now, guys, and whether he's dating or not. It just doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Meat both. I thought there might have been a little overacting on that. Yeah, just a little bit, just a little bit, it doesn't matter, just a little bit. There.
Speaker 8: Bill Murray's going to be in town now this week. I think he's playing in the Connecticut that golf.
Speaker 2: Tournament, the Hertford Open, the Heart Greater Hertford Opens.
Speaker 5: My chance to call him after all these years.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're not allowed to call Bill Murray. Maybe you don't give the number to Paul. He could be prickly and yes, because he campaign.
Speaker 1: I think we've all gotten bitten, yes, or stung by Bill?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: The last number I had for him was a pager anyway, you didn't have those.
Speaker 2: He still has that. Yeah, but you can give that to Paul, but you're not allowed to. He specifically said, do not have your guy Fritz again.
Speaker 5: That's disappointing. Yeah, I love Bill.
Speaker 3: Fritz called me again.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did say that.
Speaker 3: He did almost verbatim, yes, and.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, he won't. But I think it's the number of times you called Bill Murray.
Speaker 6: I guess I was frustrated that I wasn't getting any response, and in the past he would respond. So I'm like, is this the right number of I diald it wrong, and after five tries, I was pretty sure I was dialing the right one.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: See, I don't think that it's the reaching out. I think it's the follow ups. Yes, they'll just reminding you that you're going to be there tomorrow, and they'll just reminded you two days from now. You're going bill just reminding you in five minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this was just an invite.
Speaker 6: Just you know, it's either yes or no. It can't make it then I leave you alone. I wouldn't then say okay, so ten twenty thursdays since you said no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you don't hear back, then then let it breathe a little bit.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: Drives me crazy. I have a friend who call me and then I don't answer and they don't call back, like two minutes later. I didn't answer two minutes before. And I'm not answering now out of principle.
Speaker 4: Why why didn't you ask the first one?
Speaker 2: Because I was busy, But I saw it and then I'm like, okay, I'll get to it and he calls two minutes later. The phone calls her and then he'll text me. They goes hello and you know question mark, and I'm like and I said, hello, busy, call you later, but he thinks, you know what, I'll call two minutes later. Now you're going to pick up? Yes.
Speaker 8: Do you guys have a friend who doesn't text but just calls when they want to contact you. I've got one buddy who hates texting and he calls. And every time he calls, I think someone's in a gym, like one of our college buddies is dead.
Speaker 4: Because I'm like, oh, Christ.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who just emails. But he said no texting. I said, what's the difference between typing out something for an email or texting? But he refuses to answer a text like, uh, Brad. In North Carolina, Hi, Brad, what do you have for me? Best and worst?
Speaker 10: Hey, DP, Best of the weekend. Here in North Carolina, we had our sixty fifth annual Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament. It was a record tournament purse of over six million. I believe it was They do great work charity wise. Worse than the weekend with forty five minutes left to fish. On Saturday, the both named the Sensation, hooked up to a fish, bought it for six hours, landed it, stood to win three point three million dollars, brought it to the scales. Fish weighed six hundred and eighteen pounds and was disqualified because of mutilation by two shark bites. Just absolutely crushing for that carew. But this is this is one of these tournaments. It's it's pretty much a major. This is the one of the MJ fishes every year and just unbelievably.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wait, so there were shark bites on the fish? Is that what he's saying? The mutilation? And you lost? What wouldn't the fish have weighed more? I gut shouldn't?
Speaker 4: How would that break a rule?
Speaker 2: Punish you?
Speaker 4: I want to look into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure. Some of our best people in that that bikes. Thanks Ton, that's your in the studious Thank you Ton. Pretty proud of yourself, aren't you. I haven't got a big smile with We'll have an update on that start. Chris Mannix is going to join us. How good a deal was this for the Phoenix Suns Finally were coming up