Speaker 1: When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?
Speaker 2: No, no, man, ship no, I believe you get your ass kick saying so much man, yes, ah, that is in my head every Monday. It really is every Monday. Man. No, no man, no ship No.
Speaker 1: It's the lean forward where it's like, well now we're doing now, we're talking some serious ship. Now I gotta lean from my I'm out of my casual posture. D Drek believe you get your ass kick saying something like that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what a performance?
Speaker 1: What a case of the Monday is? For all that is?
Speaker 2: That was a quote for you know, if you're having a case of the Mondays. You know, Uh, that's something to keep in mind. Don't call it a case of the Mondays. You might get your ass kicked by Deadrich Bader and his crew. That is from out off the space. I almost called it outer space. Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm jay, I think I got a kids on the Mondays. I'm Jack. That is Miles.
Speaker 2: This is the special Monday Morning week trend uh trending episode or tell you what we what we were up to and uh what happened over the weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, how are you, Miles.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: First of all, look, anybody has I need sleep advice. I'm waking up like at fucking two three and then like I can't go back.
Speaker 2: That's not even a number two three. Yeah, that's sleep.
Speaker 1: Front Military time eleven eight eleven pm. No, Like, I'm doing this thing where like I fucking wake up and I can't and I just I'm just laying there like I cannot fall back asleep, And it's not really exhausting me because like I'm just like in semi twilight for the next few hours. But I would gone are the days where I'm like I sleep and then I wake up. When I wake up, it's like so and I'm doing the thing. I'm trying to stay hydrated before so I don't have to go to the bathroom. I'm trying everything. Any other advice, y'all please, I know other people have this kind of shit from time to time. It's not quite insomnia, it's just like interrupted sleep. It's not very helpful anyway.
Speaker 2: Have you tried waking up and trying to get a two three hour workout? In two three two three hour workout.
Speaker 1: I try I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 3: Oh shit.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we're gonna get into some of the things that were happening to this weekend. First, we're gonna tell you what we're up to by telling you a couple of things that we think are underrated, overrated. Miles, what's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated? Fucking Marionette shows? Yeah, okay, I saw.
Speaker 2: I was hoping you would say this.
Speaker 1: We took the geist Child, okay, because this is everything, is geist Child's first, everything everything. So it's Halloween. There's this local theater okay that Angelino's know about. It's called the Bob Baker Marionette Theater, and it is like this puppet show company that's been around for like since like the sixties, I want to say. But they did a little performance, like a Halloween performance. All these kids come out and whatever, and they got all these Halloween themed puppets and shit. I was in the beginning, I'm like, yeah, I know all about puppets, what of it? Fine? And then I saw it and I'm like, this shit is going so hard I cannot do it.
Speaker 3: I just you know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's the art of the puppeteering that is so captivated. Yeah, because it's not like I'm like, oh, yeah, let didn't look like a person that's clearly a marionette. It's more the it's the ability to make it like shake its hips like in a way that like you're like, oh, this little puppet can dance, but it's the marionette. The puppeteers just having the fucking amazing, fucking wrist strength or risk biness to make it do all that. And like, I just love the idea that, like, you're the these puppeteers are so skillful you completely ignore the fact that a grown ass adult is standing right behind the fucking puppet manipulating it. That you're like, look at the puppet go you know what I mean? Yeah exactly. And to that, and to that, I was like, you know what, I fucking I was sleeping on the marionettes. I was sleeping on the puppetry for too long. I'm no longer ignorant. All praise and respect to the puppeteers out there, but it was wild because like they had some a lot of these numbers that they do with the puppets, right because they're not doing like the vocals for it. They're just playing a track and like dancing with it. Yeah, or like these you know how like we had like those like I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, like these kinds of like sort of child facing songs that were like sort of comedic like in tone. Yeah, from like the sixties and seventies, so there's like stuff like that. One was about like like I'm dating the Invisible Man and like this puppet was like, oh, stop particuling me, don't touch me there and be like later and you're like, whoa later because this is all baked into the track from the sixties. And then like the Invisible Man came out like just sucking down cigarettes and I'm like, Okay, this is some old school shit, but I fucking love it. Another fucking song made reference to doing a heroin but like it went because it was talking about doing dope and stuff. Yeah, like but like dope, not like we felt like heroin esque and everyone like, but the kids just love it. I was looking for that.
Speaker 2: Good sixties heroin, you know, like back then, like you do a little bit of heroing, you go out to the movies. It was nothing exactly.
Speaker 1: Not brown brown. You know, they were not a hero you tried.
Speaker 2: The heroin kids are doing today.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: But the fucking again, I just love how I think, Like, I really like when you go into something thinking like I know what the sensation is going to be for me as a participant or viewer, and it completely upends that.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, yeah, yeah, this is like.
Speaker 2: The you know how you have to hear about a thing like five times for it to truly like stick. In the world of marketing, I guess that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: It was like the third or fourth time I've heard of the Bob Baker Marionette show. So oh, I.
Speaker 1: Got a Christmas one, Dude, they got a Christmas coming up. Don't sleep on it. Because they have a whole they have like a whole light infrastructure in the theater. This was not done at the theater. They had like set up a stage like out in public so they could fit like a ton of kids in this like park area. Yeah, but yeah, the fucking when it's in the theater, they have like real lightning cues and stuff. It's a whole other, whole other level.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I figured, like i I've always assumed that I'm missing something on the marionette front, because like that was like John Cusack's character and being John Malkovich is like a marionette artist and like it's treated with this reverence that didn't match up to my assumptions about marionette.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so you because.
Speaker 1: Like I feel like there was this guy at city Walk, and I feel like this is kind of like a class. There's always like a marionette dude who's doing Jimmy Hendrix at the marionette you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I feel like every person probably has a memory of someone seeing a marionette Jimmy Hendrix like rip the Star Spangled Banner like solo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 1: Like in the like and I was captivated by that then. But even in adulthood, it's the Puppets.
Speaker 2: Still hits.
Speaker 3: My underrated let's see hunter moon.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need another astrological makeup after shitting on the eclipse from a couple of weeks ago. We we went out, you know, the kids and parents, like my parents are in town. Kids and parents get excited about this sort of shit, like a big moon. They're like, whoa do you hear about the moon. My kids are also really excited that New Year's Eve Day is going to be one two three one two three. They're like, oh shit about that, dad, one two three one two three. It's never gonna happen again in the date. But but anyways.
Speaker 1: We took wait too, wait, what's one two three.
Speaker 2: Twelve thirty one twenty three one to one tooth three. Yeah, it's mic check, it's international mic check.
Speaker 3: De Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: So my kids are excited about that. They were excited about this hunter moon that's supposed to be one of the I guess I looked it up.
Speaker 3: I had it like, I had it wrong.
Speaker 2: The version I had heard was that it's like brightest moon of the year and it seemed to moon. But I get or it seemed bright but and it also seemed to moon.
Speaker 3: It seemed to moon.
Speaker 2: Man, thank you. It's very like it felt like, I don't know, like kind of crazy. We did. We took a little nighttime meander through the neighborhood and my five year old son was just loudly warning the animals that they were doomed and to say goodbye because the hunter moon was going to make it super easy to kill them.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh that's and that is that why they call it a hunter moon because it's basically a spotlight for night yeah, for night stalking.
Speaker 2: Very dark, foreboding. But yeah, so it was cool, like the Big Moons. I haven't had a lot of experience going out chasing the Big moons, but that was a blast. Uh. And I also have for my underrated like we've been, I've been talking a lot about how much Tim what's his name, Burton Burton, how much Timen is, how much Tim Allen is the face of all things got Hardaway.
Speaker 3: Very ersatile name.
Speaker 2: Tim. I hadn't even thought about that, Alan Burton Hardaway. Every man has three Tims inside of him Away, the rat, the cat, the dog. But anyways, I've been talking about like how Tim Burton has the whole like goth Art world, like the public imagination, just like on lock, to the point that like I thought that he directed the Adams Family movie. Uh, you know, everybody thinks he directed like everything that is like where people wear black.
Speaker 3: Like everyone's like, oh, yeah, that's a Tim Burton joint.
Speaker 2: I feel like Halloween is like I don't know, we more death and darkness, like we we just suppressed the goth inside of us all year until Halloween comes around, and it makes Halloween so powerful, and I think that, like that's great, but we need to embrace it more. It's just so it's too fun. We shouldn't have just one part of the year where you can like we have a Halloween tree on our street and it's got like beheaded heads hanging from it with like posts through the temph.
Speaker 1: This is the one that you're kind of like, this is a little it's.
Speaker 2: A little intense, but like it's awesome. It's like on body bags with like taped heads.
Speaker 1: Rules.
Speaker 2: It fucking rules, man, It's fucked and everyone's into it because it's the one time we're allowed to just openly celebrate our inner goth and it's I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it also because like especially like in I mean Western but like American culture is very like death phobic. Yes, you know, like the last thing we want to talk about is death. Last thing you want to acknowledge is that we're mortal in any fucking way. So like is that maybe like is it like a release valve to like acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that's exactly right. I think we spend a lot of our time suppressing that. Like when it when our like elders get old, we like stick them in a home so we don't have to like see them die.
Speaker 1: Oh you better not keep them in the house.
Speaker 2: That's right. But we like as a culture that is like the thing that people look at America and they're like, what.
Speaker 1: The fuck what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, because because we're so scared of death.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, And like even like with with my family, like everybody's like, now you're not going no fucking home. No, it's like all right, you you live in this room. Now, uh, here we go. But yeah, and it's such a huge cost too, it's really wild. Yeah, Like I mean, I'm sure we'll talk about that, because that's a huge factor in American life, is the cost of just getting old.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but yeah, and like i mean, it's you can see it like busting out in other holidays like Easter. They're like these weird Christian groups that turn Easter into like a torture porn anti Semitic, like.
Speaker 3: Right right, they call it the Passion play.
Speaker 2: But it's just like people are just so like they have this submerged horniness for death. And I think it's great that we get to celebrate it at least around Halloween, but it it feels unhealthy. It's like the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: I mean, because if you're if you are fighting against the reality that our you know, our time is limited, you've completely you're going to be completely consumed by running away and you'll never actually be able to like embrace like the here and now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know exactly, but hey, what do we know?
Speaker 1: What do we know?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Ship it turns out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but a second ago, yeah, you said I had the Case of the Mondays and I had had to play that clip.
Speaker 3: Set the record Case the Mondays.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back with our overrated in some news.
Speaker 3: And we're back, and what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated? Two things? First, shaming people for liking candy thank you. Now, it's well documented that I'm.
Speaker 2: Not with the whole document it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's well documented, but I don't care if people like candy corn. And I say this because I was at like a Halloween sort of like like race like ten five k thing that you can like kind of walk and just kind of talk with your friends and a buddy of mine was that people wear costumes. He dressed up as a gigantic candy corn okay, and he was he had all these like you know, bags of candy corn, like sealed bags of candy corn that like his suit was so big he could just like produce a bag of candy corn and like then like you know, dole it out. He people these teenagers were like all they were like they were screaming at him from the sides, being like, man, fuck, it was so fucked. It was so aggressive, and we're like, yo, chill, chill, men, what the fuck And they're like boom, we don't like candy corn. And it's like all right, asshole. And I was like a part of me they didn't want to go further with these teenage but when I saw that, I was like, look, we gotta we gotta draw the line somewhere, like this person is just trying to spread joy through their over sugar treats and and dressing in costume. So I think that just just shut the fuck up, you know what I mean, don't there's no there's not constructive. If you don't like it, then you don't like settle the world to be a better place if we could just shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: Do you like sugar and butter, Like that's what it tastes like to me. It's just sugary butter.
Speaker 1: It's hard, yeah, right. And then the other thing that is overrated is just again, uh it's the geist shouts. First Halloween, we inherited a shipload of fucking bag costumes for babies. I'm gonna say overrated is how quote unquote safe these fucking kids costumes are?
Speaker 2: You mean they're like costumes that are made.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, yeah, exactly. By that, I mean costumes made of garbage construction.
Speaker 1: Construction garbage bags that way you can't poke your fingers through it. They're tough, but like they are, they are made of such synthetic materials, Like I'm pretty sure this like Pinocchio costume was gonna start smoking just in the sunlight. It just felt so fucking and it like reeks of petroleum, like some of these things. It was just on a part of me was felt very I don't know, like suddenly I was like, I don't know, this is petro just so like like you know, like so chimically made, not like this like the most unsafe fabrics and I guess that's how you probably get a fucking costume down to like fifteen bucks or whatever. But shit, yeah, just so the point where I'm like, no, no, no, I'm not. I can't even have you near like an LED light bulb with this, I feel like something could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got. I ordered a costume from China, Jedi costume and it came out of that. I was like, what is that smell? Like? Why does this smell so much like chemicals? And I think because made of solidified gasoline that would just like a single.
Speaker 1: Spark cotton tires. Yeah, that we just turned into fabric. Oh you had a Jedi.
Speaker 2: Costume, a Jedi costume, We did it. We're doing a whole uh Star Wars this year last.
Speaker 1: Right of course, Spider Man and uh yeah, the eldest.
Speaker 2: He's going as a storm trooper. Oh ship, and he's got little shoulder patches that can switch up the switch up the rank that he's very excited about. And I don't think he understands that nobody is going to give a shit about that.
Speaker 1: But well, if I saw the orange one out, I'd say, okay, sir.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, yeah, salute but yeah, it's and then and then my youngest of course, has backed out of wanting to be part of the Star Wars thing, and he's just going to be a ninja.
Speaker 1: But he's gonna be baseball player. I love that. My you're overrated.
Speaker 3: My overrate is related to this.
Speaker 2: Uh, Halloween costumes that don't have built in muscles, they're overrated and bullshit. Oh shit, man, all right, I've been I've been doing the superhero costume for years now. Yeah, Batman costumes, Yeah, built in muscles. Yeah, they make me look big strong, like big strong boy. Yeah, of course I got a Jedi costume. It's just my body in there.
Speaker 1: It's just my body in there.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you, I don't fucking like it.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, my kids are not impressed.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I guess the muscles were doing a lot of the work for those previous costumes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I guess it's like again, it's like, you know, Halloween is just holding up a lot of is it. There's just a lot of pressure we do. We're putting a lot of weight on Halloween, like it's the one time we get to like wear masks for you know, regularly. Like mask work is an important thing that like in many cultures, like mask celebrations, getting to like dress up there. They were like all these holidays and indigenous cultures where like you would get to pretend to be your boss or like switch jobs with your boss and like wear masks and it's important. We're like putting it all on Halloween. And I want my body to be in a mask that makes me look big, strong.
Speaker 1: Yoh, because I'm not going to do the work. I'm not going to do the work, but I want the cause.
Speaker 2: Give me a taste. Yeah. This also gives me like an idea of what body modification would do for me. And uh, I.
Speaker 1: Like that you call it simply working out a ton body mobs. That's the key to like you actually to put a couple like rubber plates under my skin, yeah, to make it look like my shoulders are fucking on some Superman ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw a little kid wearing like a buff like costume and I was like, in my priiffery, yeah, oh this kid was goosed goose suit. But this goose suit was so like well made. I kept double taking.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this kid is fucking ripped.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, God, it's that same, it's that cop costume because it's gigantic muzzles. But it just so it's it was interesting how a costume does. Yeah, it does give you that first like, well hold on now, yeah, oh okay, costume costume.
Speaker 2: Just generally like people again, maybe we just adopt this into our day to day lives. Do you remember the first time Dre came out when he was like tread off and yeah, it was like at a like some award show or something. He came out and he was wearing like a black lung sleeve like T shirt and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you're describing him. Every time he goes out, he's always wearing the skin tight black long.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, he's like, is he wearing a muscle shirt? I feel like it's such an audacious move that can get away with nobody would know. Everyone would be like, what the fuck? Okay, this guy's shredded.
Speaker 1: Just do that pull up with just three, like just a gang of fools wearing goose suits and just just see if you change the energy in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I bet you would, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, until someone comes up they're like, let me feel like, what the fuck? Like chillows. Just they got gouits off. I told you, I told you these guys are goosed.
Speaker 2: All right, man, that's what's going on with us. What's going on with everybody else? Bad times for Mike Pence?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry Mike, he's suspended, the poor one out for the white haired one.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's probably gonna be back, right, Yeah, I just need I need to take a quick I need to I take a five on real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, coming back, just recharge, man, take a breather. But yeah, I mean sure we knew the troubles were mounting up. He didn't have money. He was barely like getting into the like the range he needed to make the next debate. And I think we all knew this except for Mike Pence and maybe all the consultants he was paying, Yeah, that he was not even going to make anything that resembled a challenge in the primary. So there it is. And then a fun little punctuation on that is like Trump is like saying that Ben should endorse him. Now he's just been fucking dragging his ass across the fucking earth, and now you want the endorsement, is yeah, And then also, oh yeah, the other thing the Fourteenth Amendment in insurrection disqualification trials are starting this week where in Minnesota and Colorado there are lawsuits bringing are that are coming forward, are being brought to the court that are beginning this week that are essentially are trying to disqualify Trump from being on the ballot under the Fourteenth amend like at the Insurrection clause because of January sixth, they're saying this disqualifies him from running for office no matter what direction they go. Let's like, let's presume they are in favor of keeping him off the ballot. It will immediately be appealed to the Supreme Court aka Clarence Thomas's Insurrection Clown Court.
Speaker 2: So let's scenario this is decided by the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe they're ruling does give better definition right for the future, But at this point, he's already going to get away with this one, and who knows, they're.
Speaker 2: Not going to like weigh in on whether he can be on the ballot or at least in one specific instance, they were like, we're not gonna we're not going to bring them.
Speaker 1: I think someone was trying to take that immediately to the Supreme Court to be heard and they declined, So the only way that like it's the the fuck out of here. Yeah, they're like, don't bring us into this, Like did you just hear about my wife Ginny and all the shit that she's caught up in and the r V that no one knows how the debt was forgiven?
Speaker 2: Does takes? You know that Twitter account freezing cold takes, where like when something happens in sports, to go back and find all the just bullshit takes from. Do they do politics or is there a version of them for politics.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's an official account, but I mean I feel like that is like a version of Twitter back in banter.
Speaker 2: That's like the the Wall Street Journal, Like somebody needs to go back and find the Pence is running and everyone's scared and Biden's scared, that donors are excited, which is definitely true. But yeah, some of those articles really were taking his canadacy seriously. Uh yeah at a time.
Speaker 1: Well, and I mean, how dude, the guy was a fun he was a sitting congressman, he was a fucking governor, he's a fucking vice president. You've got like that's the ship you want to have to tick off a presidential run and.
Speaker 2: Just allergic to anything resembling like political charisma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again his DNA is best Foods Mayo, So he just wasn't gonna really be appealing to many people. It just it is what it is. But hey, Mike, just going you and mother go right off into the sunset or something.
Speaker 2: Just have a good He's clearly this is big news for the world of fucking venture capital and private equity. You know, the dude is going to be big, big player, big chess peace.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine he couldn't even get a consulting gig after this, Like the revolving doors like broken for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just got stuck in there.
Speaker 1: Like let me out. They're like sorry, dude, Sorry.
Speaker 2: Man, you're kind of embarrassing everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: A big r ip to Matthew Perry from friends who passed away this weekend tragically at the way too young age of fifty four from an apparent drowning at his home. And a big go fuck yourselves to anti vaxxers who.
Speaker 1: They're trying to claim this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like immediately because he had a T shirt that he wore that said, could I be any more vaccinated when you know, celebrities were trying to do their part to get people not scared and like interested in the vaccine?
Speaker 1: Is that like a Chandler catchphrase?
Speaker 3: Could I be anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, like that that was his I mean, the vaccine part you didn't want could I be any more vaccinated?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, that was like the tone of a lot of his jokes.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's one of those things like where we remember him saying it more than he actually said, like the exact words, could I be anymore? But you know, it's it is certainly the vibe of the character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Candice Taylor, a former Republican candidate for governor of Georgia and current GOP chair of Georgia's first congressional district, who also recently compared Taylor Swift to Satan, said that Blaine the actor's death on being vaccinated for COVID nineteen. Anti vaxxers edited his Wikipedia page to state it is unclear whether the drowning was due to complications from the COVID nineteen vaccine.
Speaker 1: That is such a fucking dumb it's like addendum, yeah, like to add like it's just so funny. It's obviously you could say it's unclear about anything. Yeah, you could say it's unclear whether his drowning was due to, you know, complications with his Hulu.
Speaker 2: Subscription fallout from the JFK assassination conspiracy.
Speaker 1: It's unclear, yeah, exactly, yea, or complications from nine to eleven, Yeah, or something like that, you know.
Speaker 2: Like it was related to nine to eleven.
Speaker 3: How long was it not going to the flame?
Speaker 2: It all on nine to eleven? Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It got taken down probably, yeah, long enough that people notice.
Speaker 2: And then right wing influencer Matt Wallace posted a theory that Matthew Perry died because of the vaccine, but two hours earlier, he had floated the idea that he was secretly murdered because he was about to reveal the truth about Peto Wood. Oh so this is another right wing matt who we have to keep an eye on these motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: That is so so wild that one second or this actually a probably vaccine actually could be the better.
Speaker 3: Just I'm just putting ideas out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just asking the questions.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. He was coming off like his memoir is full of him being like, it's a miracle. I'm alive. I have like so many medical issues.
Speaker 1: It's you know, yeah, like one of those excerpts I was blown away about when he was on don't They Set It, Don't Look Up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and had to be basically yeah, he was put on a thing called echmo machine, which does all the breathing for your heart and your lungs. It's called a hail Mary. No one survives that. In late twenty twenty, he had to pull out a filming a cameo in Adam McKay's climate change satire Don't Look Up, after his heart stopped for five minutes and his ribs had to be broken to resuscitate him. He detailed in his memoir.
Speaker 1: So it's so grim man. Yeah. Yeah, well, yeah, onward and upward. I hope you were having peace, because it does not sound like it was a very easy time with all those I mean, you know, especially with other drug use and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he stroggled.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: The vaccine turns out you losers. Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: Real quick.
Speaker 2: Side Tangent sorry from the Matthew Perry article. I didn't want to bring it up as we were talking about his.
Speaker 1: Death, but just do it moments later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, after after the break. Uh have you noticed that, like copy editing has got is like getting terrible. It's so bad right now, Like I was going, so, there's this article about.
Speaker 3: The T shirt that he wore, could I be anymore?
Speaker 2: The T shirt itself that he's wearing is could I be any space more?
Speaker 3: Like could I be any more more?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: The article that is about this in the Independent, like not a it's not like some random blog. It's in it in the Independent and they've changed it to could I be any more?
Speaker 3: One word?
Speaker 2: Like like it's weirdly rephrased haamlet speed monologue like.
Speaker 1: Could I be anymore?
Speaker 3: Or could I be anymore?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just it's wild. I blame AI.
Speaker 1: The amount of type, the amount of misspellings I see is kind of charge because it used to be one of those things like you'd see them and you'd be like, oh yeah, I remember in college, I would fucking like email the website like I was like, I was insufferable. I'm sorry. I would be like you actually wrote like this is misspelled and be like it's still there. But there's so many things now that are like frequently misspelled. And sometimes I'm like wondering if I know the difference between affect or effect or things like that, and I'm totally yeah, it happens. But I'm guessing this is probably part and parcel to the lack of proper funding in the journalistic field.
Speaker 2: This is an article in The Independent that goes out of its way to introduce a typo to like degrade the copy editing work done by the self printed t shirt industry.
Speaker 3: I feel like I might just be getting old.
Speaker 2: Like, but I do. I do feel like it's also just getting fucking worse and worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because then a part of me is like sort of like why was I why was it drilled into me to be able to like see these grammatical errors or whatever and have to learn proper composition of the English language when it's just falling apart. But you know, whatever we got, I'm I'm busy trying to avoid death man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to avoid thinking about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't even want to think about anymore. Even like the idea of the concept of the word anymore. It just links too much anymore, there's a finality to it.
Speaker 2: Uh So there was it was a horrifying weekend of violence in Gaza. Uh Israel just relentlessly bombing, starting the ground invasion and just horrific conditions for the past any and people in Gaza to the point that nobody can communicate. There's a good chance that like many of the people are not alive, but there's no electricity or communication networks and so all these accounts are like falling silent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they only the the admitted, like the administrative body within Gaza that is there to keep up like their telecommunications said things were slowly coming back online. Yeah, but yeah, there was like a like a full on like nearly twenty four hour a little bit more period where they were like we couldn't get to anybody, Like if people were calling for emergency services, there was just nothing that could be done. Yeah, just another horrible dimension to the already numerous horrible dimensions to what is happening there right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with so many people in emergency needs of help at this point, not being able to communicate at all is just Yeah, but there's also it was a huge weekend for peaceful protests calling for a cease firing Gaza. On Friday in New York, Jewish Voices for Peace took over Grand Central Station. Ref Chimanoff was there and our guests, our guests from last Tuesday's episode. Uh, and it was just massive. I mean it was really impressive to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, also how swiftly they get arrested. Yeah, it is really it's it's wild. Yeah, when you're out there trying to protest against state violence, they'll get there act together real quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I believe that suddenly could moves as like a swift battalion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like what about all the other night. We get it, you guys play. You know who to disrupt and who to encourage.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, seeing the sort of like the line of protesters that had been taken into custody was really uh something to see, like just the sheer amount of people they took in.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest ones in London where I don't know if you saw like some of the aerial shots from London, but you know, some one guy on social media was like, London, now this is horrifying. How are Jews meant to stay in the UK?
Speaker 1: Which, oh the so who is who is in that group of people?
Speaker 2: That must have been especially scary for the ones who were at the peaceful protest organizing it. Imagine how horrifying it must have been for them.
Speaker 1: Well, this is just part of that rhetoric that's trying to conflate people's opposition to the Israeli government and their policies with the entire religion of Judaism.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, And this is just.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and like we're only it's like we said, even like like a week or two ago, the indiscriminate killing of innocent people isn't going to make anyone safer. No, it is just creating like a mass radicalizing event that people are not also coming to grips with. And it just it's like really fucked, like the fact that the White House, the White House is also failing spectacular right now. Yeah, and as our most like colonial powers in the world, but with the US, there is a close relationship with Israel that the administration is trying to act like kinda isn't there. Yeah, there were like statements coming out of the administration when they're talking about the ground invasion, or what they're saying is like now, uh like an or they call it the second phase because they don't want to call it an ground invasion for like rhetorical purposes.
Speaker 2: In the media, like just lining up with that. They're like, you know who calls it the second phase, So that's what we're calling it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a ground invasion and it's going to whatever and more good destroyed.
Speaker 2: On both sides. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then but then you have like the White House saying stuff like, look, any military action that is happening in Gaza, Look, that's a decision made by the Israeli government and no one.
Speaker 2: Else using our wess and our financial support.
Speaker 1: So rather than actually forcefully trying to use the leverage that the United States government has to at the very least stop the military action, let alone you know what should come after that, they're just trying to pull the fucking Mariah Carey like, oh, I don't know her, Yeah, yeah for real, this is and Biden is putting this is what makes me really fucking nervous, right because we're talking about how Trump could very much win again in twenty twenty four and Biden is putting himself in a real shitty spot, Like there's billions of dollars flowing out of the country and into munitions makers and weapon makers pockets, and the very people he is relying on to vote for him are screaming for things like a ceasefire and to address like, you know, the high cost of living in the United States. And meanwhile we're just hearing stuff like Janet Yellen being like we can afford like multiple wars. The United States is fine like fiscally to handle all these wars, but we're also talking about people who are destitute like within the country. So yeah, this is just it's all swirling in a very very shitty cloud that yeah, just gets worse and worse.
Speaker 2: I mean, the US makes money off of multiple off of worse, you know, so yeah, like six guys do yeah, yeah, you know exactly right. The US makes money off of six guys who are well connected.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And meanwhile we're, yeah, we're stuck with the the horror of it all.
Speaker 2: There's a horrifying weekend for mass shootings in the US. So the main shooter was found dead, but meanwhile, eleven other people were killed at mass shootings over the weekend at parties, at bars, at you know, Halloween house parties. It's just yah, when there are this many guns, this is what happens. But yeah, it's I guess when you look at the stats, like a lot of the mass shootings are happening at like houses, People are like in households.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like con it's like it's like beef. Yeah, that's getting resolved with guns, and then there's just a ton of people caught in the crossfire.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. But anyways, this is going to keep happening until we're able to get guns like pulled out of communities the way Australia did after one mass shooting. And I know everybody thinks that's wildly unrealistic, but I do think many years into the future, we will look back at the conditions we're living under as just yeah, like y'all are unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Y'all were just doing that. Yeah, hold on, your babies were inflammable costumes and there were fucking firearms laying about.
Speaker 2: Everywhere while the kids run. Yeah god, yeah that like all of the costumes and a lot of the clothes, like a lot of the pajamas that I've bought for my children, like still come with like a label on them that I think. I think it's much fewer than when I was a kid. But like were like, this thing is made of gasoline.
Speaker 1: Don't even watch back Draft.
Speaker 2: There's actually some kindling in there for something reason. We like have some kindling woven into the fabric for some reason. Yeah, if you watch Backdraft in the household when your child is wearing this. But yeah, they still there's still you know, rocking, rocking with the flammable as hell stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, couple.
Speaker 2: Movie updates. First of all, five nights of Freddy's Baby, five Nights at Freddy's that's all. Did Boffo Miles, five Knife, Freddy did five Knife, Freddy did Baffo boh.
Speaker 3: Despite the negative reviews, which.
Speaker 1: Yes, even lower fans fans are out.
Speaker 2: Fans are out for this one. But yeah, shattered expectation. A North American box office debut of eighty million in North America one hundred and thirty million globally, like I thought I would have expected.
Speaker 3: Like, man, they.
Speaker 2: You know, they overperformed and made thirty million, but eighty million. That's a lot of money for something that is very confusing to me, but I do think that, Yeah, it's I want tapping into both the video game fans and also Jamie loftus is. You know, she's been talking about the Chuck E Cheese animatronics and they're creeping us for a long time. She's always tapped into the into the zegeist.
Speaker 1: I feel like I think it's also like a perfect thing to watch, like on hall because this is Halloween weekend, you know, Yeah, and like all the other stuff like Saw and I think The Exorcist already came out right like in previous weeks. Yeah, so maybe this is like a perfect thing where it's like a new thing to watch. Yeah, but yeah, shout out to everybody who went five Knife Freddy, Yeah, I went, Did you go? And you're like, oh, hell yeah. If you're like me and you only have a cursory knowledge of it, did you fuck with it? Let us know that gang.
Speaker 2: The clips it was pretty fun, I gotta say, But what did the clips like? The Yeah, every time I saw a clip, I was like, oh, okay, you have my attention.
Speaker 1: I mean, even if it's good, probably won't say it because I'm not really fucking with horror, but hey, yeah, if enough people of five people, if I hear it five times, yeah yeah, I will do five knife at Freddy.
Speaker 2: That's right. That is the and you have to that's the rule that the Witch has pursonal So maybe that witch curse is actually helping it at the box office, but it's already surpassed like Halloween Ends and Halloween Kills, which were like pretty big hits, like pretty big horror hits, and this one is.
Speaker 1: I think this is where you have You can't under like discount the number of fans there are of the franchise, whereas like those other Halloween movies kind of come like it's an established thing. Yeah, where I think there's just that energy. People want the knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, people want the knife on fire five nights. I want the knife so I could have big muscles.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah. The remember the Knife the band?
Speaker 2: Yeah they were they were pretty all right, man, they were a little bit all right. I also think we're just in a new era when like hot video game movies for a long time, like like in the same way that like you look back at some of the early comic book movies and it's like they feel like a need to be like whampal and like make it silly and dumb because they you know, that's how adults think about comic book movies. Like I think we're seeing a similar thing where like video game movies for a while, where like nobody sees these they're always terrible, and now even though they may still be a little bit terrible, they have come around, and like we're seeing like massive returns like from the Mario movie, from the Sonic movies, from even five Knife Freddy's So yeah, Killers of the Flower Moon is still doing fairly well, but there is a controversy because so it runs for it comes in at a three and a half hour my thirty four, I think, right, yeah, well, when uh, as I mentioned my parents are in town, my parents, and usually when my dad's in town, will he's a he's a movie fan, will usually catch something. I still remember him coming out and visiting me one time, and we watched both Sacario and Johnny Depp's Black Mass and like back to back, just two dad movies.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, but back was like, let's let's see.
Speaker 2: Killers of the Flower Moon. I was like, hell yeah, wait a second, this is right, this is not this is three hours and thirty four minutes.
Speaker 1: Man, you're no three hours twenty six My bad. No, I said, you have.
Speaker 2: To stay for the critic through the credits to see the secret scene at the end.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, right right right.
Speaker 2: But so some theaters are adding unauthorized intermissions, which yeah, make fucking sense to me, totally. Yeah. And a Colorado theater like put up a sign being like, hey, we will give you an intermission in this screening, and it caught the attention to the studio and they were like, you must not and you may not and and maybe pull it down.
Speaker 1: Oh god forbid, like at an hour and forty five minutes, and they're like, hey, you guys need a second for the next hour and forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because I mean, I like.
Speaker 1: When I saw Oppenheimer, I knew it was long, and I didn't do my usual thing where I drink like a gigantic vat of cherry coke. Yeah, like in the movie theater, because I was like trying to be conscious of the fact that like I might have to go peepee, yeah, and I don't want to miss the you know, the cool scenes. But yeah, I think, like I remember hearing this over the weekend, people were talking about this, and I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's fine. That's fine. And also I'm sure the theaters would probably love that, because that mean let's all go to the la be.
Speaker 2: That's all good. Yeah it h that makes sense to me. You're European theaters are doing it. South American theaters are doing it. American theaters were doing it, and I have now been asked to stop. But it's uh yeah, Like an anonymous theater employee they interviewed and was like, people, you know, Scorsese might not like it, but the customers really fucking liked it. They in fact were saying, man, this reminds me of how much I would have enjoyed this during Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: Oh right, so exactly.
Speaker 2: Think and like intermissions are like they give you a little moment to like I still remember where the tape you know, how Scarface was broken over two tapes when you rented it, Like I still remember, like what the the first scene back on tape two. I feel like it like it gets you another round of like attention. I don't know, like you're you're like rolled into complacency if you if you have a little intermission, get to like go out come back almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can kind of you can digest what you've just seen, Like anytime i've I've like I went to the Theata and there's an intermission, you like you take a second like, oh yeah, that person's good, what'd you think of that? Okay, okay, and then you can sit back down and you're refreshed. Because man, if I ever since high school, like I cannot be in a darkened room sitting down for too long or else my body starts shut down. Sequence. Yes, like even if I'm well rested, they'll be like, bro, this is like a Bothy situation.
Speaker 2: By timing you were going to sleepy bye.
Speaker 1: I'm going I'm going night nights right now.
Speaker 2: Sleepy by night. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I would one hundred percent would embrace that. But also I'm the kind of person who's like completely put off by seeing something go over two and a half hours. Yeah that I'm like, oh fuck, I'll literally be like fuck, I'm not even gonna watch that fucking doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've never seen like a you've never really no, of course, it's just like just been just read a lot about it. I kind of know everything that's going on in it.
Speaker 2: I feel like they used to have more theater like movies with intermissions, Like I feel like that was they used to be the standard, and they would have like little little cartoons that played in between that told you where maybe where to spend money.
Speaker 1: I can't remember, Yeah, I mean I looked like I said, I don't even remember. And the ones I go to there wouldn't be an intermission because they're ninety minutes.
Speaker 2: That's right, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday, October thirtieth day before all hallowsy, enjoy your Halloween parties, Uh, enjoy getting ready for trek or treating. Yeah, we are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye, mm hmm.