Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Past podcast. Ravens Rookie Mini Camp practices have concluded, and today after practice we heard from head coach John Harbaugh and a handful of rookies.
Speaker 2: Good to be here with everybody, appreciate you coming out first really practices of the twenty twenty four season with a rookie mini camp. This is our second practice. Tomorrow will be a weightlifting session, conditioning. We'll have meetings this afternoon until five o'clock. And the guys have been doing a great job. So really happy. Great to see him all here. Fun to get on the field and we've enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: So what questions you have with Andrew warheas I think it's probably the first time you've seen him out in the field. How has he looked, I know he's been in the program for about.
Speaker 4: A year now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he looked. He looked well trained, very well trained.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: He's been you know, he's been here as you know Jamison, just basically working out for a whole year. And he was already a strong guy. He bench pressed without without an a c L last year and almost set a record. Right, and uh, he looks strong man. He looks great. I'm looking at him right now. He's big, he's strong, moving his feet. Well, he's been studying for a whole year, and I thought he looked like you'd expect him to look. Because what you have a message for these guys that to get frustrated by to speed the game because it's such a jump in college to prove Yeah, I mean, I think the biggest message is that you know you're here for a reason, you know, and uh, not just you're in the NFL for a reason, you know, and uh and don't underestimate your your your ability to to to fulfill your dreams. Don't underestimate that possibility.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And guys they genuinely don't.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Guys are confident, they're excited. And then know that you're here with the Ravens for a reason. You liked us, we liked you, you know, and everybody understands how we play and what we how we what we believe in. You know, they know our identity and that's your identity. That's why you're here. So be great, a great be great at that and see where it takes you. Yeah, you'll win.
Speaker 5: It's a young draft for you.
Speaker 4: HIOA some talk for the draft to your tight end is your pull back?
Speaker 6: You view him as a defensive guy, Kenny cross screen, How.
Speaker 4: Do you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably all work in progress, kind of figuring that out, Jeff. I mean, he looked good. We were playing with an outside linebacker in this mini camp and he looked good quick fast. I could see where he could be like a move tight end or more of a fullback type guy. Also, uh, the more he can do, obviously he's gonna be a special teams factor as well. So he looked he looked good out there. I'm he's also a guy you kind of think when the pads come on, you're really gonna see even more.
Speaker 7: I know, it's exciting for these guys to put on the jerseys for the first time in the helmet and get on the field. What is it like for you to go from seeing these guys that you've down scouted for so long and now finally, you know, get them on the field.
Speaker 2: It is, It's a big deal. It's uh, you know, people say it's kind of like, you know, Christmas, you know, and you get to open up those presidents, and I don't know, I really like Christmas a lot, so I don't know if it's quite as good as Christmas, but it's up there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's fun to see the guys that you've been talking to and interviewing and watching tape on. You see them come in and they're in they're ravens and they're in your colors. We're in your helmet doing what they do. It's it's very meaningful.
Speaker 6: You send nerves from them, and how do you kind of measure what they can do versus any kind of nervousness that they have?
Speaker 2: Great question, bo, you didn't you saw the nervousness like in the meeting room in the cafeteria, guys come in sometimes, don't everybody sit with and sitting by themselves, kind of looking around like like anybody you go to college for the first time, first time in high school, you know all that stuff is. Yeah, I watch it. My heart goes out to them because you see it every single year and it's just it's a human thing. But football wise, you don't see it as much. Once they get out on the field, they seem like they're pretty comfortable in that environment. They start running around and they look like they know what they're doing. Coach. For some of the other guys, it's kind of like a talent.
Speaker 6: Show, but trying to impress you and show their best so they can win you over in advance to maybe the next round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely part of it, Jerry. I mean the guys. There are guys here on every level. You've got everywhere from your first round pick through to your to your recruited free agents to your trial guys, you know, and everybody kind of wants to make a good first impression. Every single guy wants to make a good first impression, and so they all do their best to do that. And then some guys are trying to, you know, earn another shot, you know, and come back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Was the first impression of your first round pick.
Speaker 2: He looked good, He looked good. They look good. He but you know what, with a guy like that, it's it's not so much about coming back tomorrow. It's about being better tomorrow and making a transition to the pro game. So as good as he looked technique wise, there are so many things that he needs to get better at and he's open to that, and that's part of that.
Speaker 7: He goes.
Speaker 8: Do you see some similarity from Wilson garn Pat McCarry adding the value playing.
Speaker 2: Left and right with Roger uh that way, that versatility. Absolutely, Yeah, there is a lot of similarity that way. He brought is a really good athlete and so is Pat moves his feet really well. You saw that out here. You see it on tape and then you see it in person because I hadn't watched him work out. I saw him in person in the Championship game a little bit, but that's different to see him in person out here moving his feet. I'm like, Okay, he's everything that we thought he would be athletically, So that's a big part of it. I hate good I hate to ask you an injury question on day one, but he knew he was coming with Russian lee. What's We saw him running a little bit here, but I know he's coming off and injured the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: What kind of is his map?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say he's gonna be able to do more and more as we go here in the off season, so I think they just want to protect the biceps so it doesn't get grabbed and you know, reinjured and as soon as they're comfortable that that won't happen. Like he's doing all the on air stuff. Uh, then when they're comfortable with that, I think he'll be out there practice. There's a chance he could be seeing some OTAs. He'll certainly be more than ready for training camp. We had some other guys have some issues. Bow rolled his ankle yesterday, so he didn't see him today. And yeah, Isaac had a little kind of tweaked his hammy just a little bit yesterday, So that kind of stuff happens. Was there any other ones?
Speaker 9: How do you think, coach you brought in a couple of guys from the pud Aficion two and Divident three level into camp Noble one is different to all Americans, Chris tali Er, what goes into signing those guys who maybe haven't proved themselves at the highest levels but you think can make it in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a great question, and really and that level of play is important, but it probably helps you evaluate at a little more apples to apples kind of a deal. But great players come from every single level of college football and it's really how you transition to the NFL. Accounts in Chris's case, I mean, he was a dominant player at that level and you expect him to be to be able to play in the NFL. He came out here and looked like he belonged to him. He's quick and fast and strong and just looks the part. So he's gonna have a chance to make the team just like everybody else.
Speaker 10: He looked really good, Jose, small school guys along those lines, Like, how has that changed in the you know, sixty pay whatever years you've been doing this in terms of just that talent level and here on more of those guys and and sort of how.
Speaker 4: You've look at against ran.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. I don't know, like I don't know the fine numbers on it, but honestly, I think there's fewer guys now coming out from the from you know, the quote unquote smaller schools than there were just because now because the transfer portal, so a lot of those guys are transferring up before they get into the draft. So you'll see, hey, he was here here in Boom, he was. He was at another level. Like I was talking to the coach at Miami, Ohio yesterday, Chuck Martin, and then they won the MAC Championship last year, and Miami puts guys in the NFL in camps pretty much every year over the years. I'm kind of proud of that. But but now they're putting guys like they're transferring to the SEC before they come or the Big ten sometimes before they come to the NFL. Then he's getting guys transferred over to So it's it's kind of a different deal. So I think you'll probably see more of those guys getting a year or two at the highest level before they come to the NFL most likely.
Speaker 11: And told out of Morgan to day, I think he'd only about up here. What did you think from him and what did he like about him?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, his tape is really good. You know, he's he's a very productive player. Then we had him for the workout and he looked really good moving around. He's he's a big, strong guy and he moveswell. He is the defensive back. He looked really good the last two days. I just think he's an instinctive player who's got high level of ability. So, you know, we like those guys, especially those guys from around here. There's five really good programs in this area that we have a lot of respect for.
Speaker 4: Coach, how much do.
Speaker 10: You seek out and value the feedback of current players. For example, a Lisa played with ad a Penn state, would you did you go to.
Speaker 2: Him about Padisa and get any feedback?
Speaker 10: And I guess.
Speaker 12: What was that?
Speaker 2: Now, that's a great question, going to your players for feedback for guys that they've played with. We absolutely do that. That might be the most important one, you know, more so even than the coach. You know, you get you get a guy that played with somebody. You know, sometimes you ask other teammates on the team, you know, who would you bring with you? What player would you bring with you if you could, And you get a really good answer that way too. But but of course Adapa he loved he loved the DCE Isaac. I mean he just loved him and he he You can see why, John.
Speaker 4: I think you said you looked at something.
Speaker 2: Part of your assignment was wide receivers in the draft.
Speaker 3: I think, wasn't it when we were looking at guys Tess Walker guy in here? Where where did you think kind of when you were evaluating him in the free.
Speaker 2: Drug Cause yeah, you know, you knew he's gonna be fast, and you knew he was gonna, uh uh you know, be big and fast. I was impressed and that he showed that. I was impressed with how well he moved changing direction. You know, I didn't know if he was gonna change direction quite as well as he did the last two days. So caught the ball really well. So yeah, he's off to a great start.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I mean, you know, you guys were best player available drafting team, so maybe this would have happened anyway. But a little bit with the two corners and sort of contrasting you know, corners and then like different strengths and stuff. How how attractive is that when you look at that coming forward, that you know, Nate Wiggins and and TJ kind of have different streands and all that, and how well do you think they could kind of you.
Speaker 4: Know, mix.
Speaker 2: It's probably a great observation. You know. It's not something so much that we were thinking about that we wanted to get two guys of a certain style. It just kind of came to us. And now when you look at the roster, you kind of evaluate that from the perspective of we have both these guys and who are they you know, and and uh, and how do we use their talents? I mean they're both long and rangy, they both use their hands really well and pressed they both they both can move really well. But uh, you know, obviously they're just a little different in their style of play. U. Tj Is very physical, very physical with hands. Uh, plays all the split safety stuff on the edge really well. Also, Yeah, I think it's going to factor into how we build our defense. You've got a couple of players here who have been around the team before Owen Wright Sean Ryan. Do you have higher expectations for those guys because they've been around. Yeah, you could see it out here. It's a good point. I mean they've been they've been to practices for a year, so they were obviously. I mean they talked to the guys, broke the huddles after the after the after the practices, and they kind of told those guys, I said, you know, these guys are going looking at you for how to do it, so you know, don't let them down, you know, And they didn't. They look good, and those guys are fighting for Rostersponts.
Speaker 8: I think one of the US surprised from the draft or just not took them away with the guard. And then among the young draft did players, the one that was named that was an interior offensive line work for guard. Just is that a lot of Steven the two confidence and like four keys and some of the players that are already on the rosters that the period that you guys get more confident and maybe the public perception.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I just feel like it's cool, you know, you get it's the same understanding. Whatever you don't get in the draft, it's like, you know, well they failed, they failed in the RAF because they ain't get that. You know, you can't get everything.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's I always, I always. We always want more picks, you know, it's always there. How many more picks would be Like two more picks, two more picks would be perfect. No matter how many you have. It seems like guys can always play for two more years, guys can always coach for two more years, and you can always use two more picks. So if we had two more picks, we'd probably have two more guards, I guess, you know, but the drafts got to fall a certain way, and we Okay, that's the first part of the answer. The second part of the answer is, yes, we have very much confidence in those guards we have. It wasn't like we felt like we were desperate, we had to draft guards.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Uh, if the right guards were there at the right time, we certainly were gonna take them. The right corners happened to be there at the right time, So we took those guys as an example, and uh, I know that those guys that you're talking about are gonna are gonna play great football for us. So and then Eric, you know, if we need to do something else, we will. You know, there's still guys available out there to.
Speaker 7: Thee for twelve three years.
Speaker 13: If you're all as that that you know where you're looking.
Speaker 10: At off there at construction and then when you're hiding start.
Speaker 2: It's a real subtle and a very good point because you don't have to run down, you don't have to run as much on kickoff and kickoff returns. So it's gonna be it's gonna take. The four to three teams would always have a little bit of advantage on special teams in those phases because they had one more guy that could it was a runner, and the the the odd teams like us in Pittsburgh a little bit disadvantaged because those big outside backers weren't weren't those space runner type guys. Now those big outside backer type guys are going to be more valued because they they run five yards, but their length and their strength is going to be a big part of that play. So you know, we're kind of looking forward to seeing how that plays out. But that's going to be a big part of the of our evolution with the play.
Speaker 10: Iues should say, I obviouls sayf the with definit Leary that the arm strength is there, the experience is there, but you know, I guess the thing that held against them, which is the inaccuracy.
Speaker 6: How much of that do you think is developable, fixable and what are you kind of expectations for this first offs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it's very fixable in the sense that, like the arm strength is there, and I think he's an accurate thrower, you know, but he unfortunately threw it to the other team too many times. You know. So he and I had that conversation. I said, I said, well, you know, what's your trait? He goes, well, you know, I really work hard and I'm tough and I got you know, I'm dedicated and I know I know, but I mean, what's your football trade on the field? He was, Oh, I got a great arm I'm like bullseye, you can throw the ball. What's the biggest thing you need to work on? He goes, I need I need to cut down the interceptions and turnovers. So he knows, and that's something I think you can get better at. You know, gets in the offense, executes the offense, the decision making part of it every single day. You start with armtown. That's a good place to start. So with him, it starts with armtown. Plus he's super hard worker, so we'll see how he does.
Speaker 1: You just heard from head coach John Harbaugh. And next up is first round draft pick at pick thirty, cornerback Nate Wiggins from Clemson.
Speaker 8: What is the biggest difference you can perceive from college into NFL?
Speaker 14: Ani can really just a temple practice for just quicker and faster at that moved at a fast speed.
Speaker 4: What do you think of the facility.
Speaker 14: Coming from Corffe like, it's a good I mean, I've visited a lot of teams, you know, a lot of teams ain't got good facilities, but I feel like this one of the best ones. So I feel like that it's great.
Speaker 11: How has this process been for me so far? Just be drafted going through Could you remember, like you know, leading every one?
Speaker 5: How did you expend?
Speaker 14: Uh, it's been It's been a long time. But I mean I brace it cause I I mean, this is my dream. So I mean I just to brace it. Let let everything come to me and I just have a time and just be me.
Speaker 10: Cause anything surprised you go on the way or I don't know what your expectations were like, but what what is sort of felt?
Speaker 4: You get surprised? You very good? Been most exciting to you in the projects.
Speaker 14: By most excited me. Uh, I just say, I mean gave number two. I mean that was my childhood number. So I feel like, uh just one number two. I just feel like they feel like I'm just it's just me for real.
Speaker 4: So wh why was it too? What was your number?
Speaker 14: And that's just the first time I had Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So have you been able to talk to any of the veterans on the team to this point?
Speaker 14: Uh ya, I talked to Marling uh raight coin Uh so yeah that I We've been texting, so I fuh we gonna have a bit great uh great relationship. I knew Marlin from aj Terrell camp back in Atlanta. Well we met like two years ago.
Speaker 10: So yeah, early in this process and anything specific that you're working on, you're at.
Speaker 2: Work, committing camp.
Speaker 14: Uh really just get my head around and uh stop grabbing a lot.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 14: Uh NFL you uh can't touch the receiver after five yards, and college you could touch 'em all way down the field. So we were just getting adjusted to that for real.
Speaker 7: You feel like that's kind of one of the big adjustments, making that jump from the collegiate game to this game. The what you can and can't do as a dB.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that.
Speaker 14: Uh that's my biggest, my biggest uh jump. I gotta uh just uh just I just gotta keep working at it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 14: It was just a habit, just I mean just being up receivers already down the field. Now, I just gotta play with techniques. So that's my biggest jump.
Speaker 11: Dj K TJ talked about you think you guys are rooming together and room together, combine me is it? I know you know Trenton, but does it make it a little easier to have a familiar faith.
Speaker 14: Getting his great Well, yeah, it makes it look easier just not just going for scratch. We already know each other, so it was just connected from the combine.
Speaker 4: I mean it was made way easier.
Speaker 3: Now you you had a battle with the current teammate, with tes Walker out there, what's kind of your thoughts, you know when he went against him the past season?
Speaker 14: Uh, I mean everybody. Yeah, he's a great player, good player. I mean I'm a good player. So it was just like I gotta bring my a game, he gotta bring the game, and we're gonna see what's going in the battle.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast, that was first round draft pick Nate Wiggins. Next up is wide receiver Devon tes Walker from North Carolina.
Speaker 3: So how was kind of your first experience for NFL rookie mini camps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a good experience.
Speaker 15: Good two days, a lot of a lot of information thrown at us, things like that, having to remember small, little.
Speaker 4: Detailed but it was good. Uh the practice is good.
Speaker 15: Good, but they ain't they ain't out there killing us, So it was real good.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 10: What's your biggest takeaway or sing you've learned whatever you want from the biggest takeaway from these from these few days for you?
Speaker 15: Yeah, biggest takeaway, like I said, attention to details. You know, in college, you know they just throw a player, so you just go out there and do it. Here, you gotta remember every little thing, any little small things like it messes up the whole play, the whole everything that's going on.
Speaker 4: So I just say, attention to detail is the biggest takeaway.
Speaker 8: That's what's it like working with Fregos or the guy that you know has been out and played the game as well at the NFL love.
Speaker 4: What's it been like? It's been real good.
Speaker 15: He's given me a lot of tools to get open better. Had a couple of plays like you know the first day that was covered and then came back today Reynolds Rouse was a little more open. So him just giving me those tools, giving me his knowledge from playing the game and coaching for as long as.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's been it's been real good with him so far.
Speaker 10: Just what what was the oppression after North Carolina everything?
Speaker 2: Seeing that jersey, seeing your NFL jersey.
Speaker 4: For the first time. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 15: You know, some I've always wanted some I've always said I was four years old, told my grand this is what I wanted to do, and now now it's here. Almost teared up and you know, I kept kept my compose a little bit, but it was it was a good feeling.
Speaker 13: The pretty pretty emotional draft call and then your video of it was out there.
Speaker 5: What was it like, you know, giving me.
Speaker 11: In that emotional call during the voices and then getting here and seeing the femine person getting.
Speaker 15: In this talk with Yeah, just hearing that, you know, hearing you know that NFL team values you know, your skill set and you as a person like you know, it just makes you feel good. You know you've done all the right things you get to this point. Uh, It's just it was just a great feeling. And now being here, I still have that same feeling and I'm enjoying their air little moment.
Speaker 4: That I have here. So it's been It's been real good.
Speaker 11: Eric Desta has been crazing you. Who's prepared you to form a raven wide receiver?
Speaker 7: Torri Smith?
Speaker 11: I'm just talking about your explosiveness and being a gordle threat. How does it feel for you to know that you're already been It has a difference maker on the office.
Speaker 4: It feels real good.
Speaker 15: It just makes me honestly want to work harder, you know, be one of those guys you know we uh, that team can depend on to go out there and make plays and just show up.
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 15: That's why I have to say about that. This is just makes me go harder, Uh to be one of those guys to teo.
Speaker 11: Me wrong significant from the number that you didn't.
Speaker 15: So I wore that at Kent. So I wore nine, you know, my whole life growing up. Then when I got it at Kent, like eight plus one is nine. So just went went back that number. Then a lot of greats wore that number, Rady Mass, Calvin Johnson. So when I get to you know there at that point, hopefully I can go down the books with that number as well.
Speaker 3: You know last year, you know, with the whole NTL play and once it started, you weren't eligible facts started. Was there any thoughts in your mind you might not be able to play at all that season?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I thought my season was done, honestly, like I didn't. I'm humblest. I was on the scout team. I was thinking, I was just trying to work my craft a whole year. I had no idea that I was gonna play at all. So when I was fifty to fifty on declare for the draft and probably being unsigned or coming back. I didn't really know at that point, but that was pretty much my mindset. I didn't I didn't think I was gonna play at all. So I was pretty shocked when I got that call when I was in coach brown office on that video and he told me I was gonna play.
Speaker 3: So if you if you didn't play, I mean, did you think you would probably have to go the undrafted?
Speaker 4: I mean, did you have thoughts like that? Honestly?
Speaker 15: Because I still I still don't have my degree, so I probably would have stayed and got my degree in So yeah, probably would end up staying.
Speaker 13: Valteas you were gathered pretty early in the process, many had Pega first round draft pick, and then kind of as the year went on, you slipped down the boards and you ended up going way later than a lot of people expected you would. Does that give you any motivation to prove the teams that passed on you, to prove them wrong?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely does.
Speaker 15: I mean, it just my my my things, just coming out here, you know, being the best I can be every day and showing them why I was one of those top guys during the season and coming out that's pretty much my mindset going into it. But uh, you know, going forward round too bad. You know, I got to call from Baltimore. I wasn't mad about it at all. It's a great situation, great organization. So no, I'm glad, I'm blessed to go out.
Speaker 4: Go out.
Speaker 10: Is if you had a chance to talk with or heard from Lamar or maybe some of the other receivers on.
Speaker 4: The team yet I haven't yet. I haven't.
Speaker 15: I haven't heard from they fall followed me back, but I haven't talked to them yet.
Speaker 4: So what part.
Speaker 10: Of your game think that you think more friends like the best of the NFL? And is something here at rook MEUNI camp and you're trying to work on the effect?
Speaker 15: Definitely vertical threat any really any vertical route like those crossers, posts, go balls. That's something I bring to this league, like my my skills set. I think I do a real good job getting over top of any defense. And the thing I'm trying to work on is like you know, the underneath routes, you know, like those routes twenty yards under getting open and like those type of spaces and things like that. That's something I've been working on in Mini camp and before Mini camp when I was at home training.
Speaker 4: So that's something that's gonna be big.
Speaker 12: Because you're going against the TJ and then made in practice and the vet corners I've even gotten here. How much you think that's gonna help you every day going against you know, quality corners and maybe excelevate your problems.
Speaker 15: It's gonna help me a lot, especially going going against Nate in the season and these first two days. He carries himself like a veteran corner. He plays like it and trust his technique and speeds and things like that. So I think that's gonna be real good for me. And then when the veterans get here, like Marlin and them, you know, going to have like, you know, the side conversation with them and things like that. That's gonna gonna help me a lot.
Speaker 4: This dupid, how did you.
Speaker 2: Get buying in my shirt?
Speaker 4: But that big catch on the right sideline's yeah.
Speaker 15: So, like he was real patient and he was a little handsy, but I knew he was patient. He trusted speed and me trusting my speed. I knew I had him when he kind of sat and froze his feet, so I just put my foot and ground and ran as far as I could to get over the top of him.
Speaker 4: That's pretty much all. It was so good, the.
Speaker 8: Ravings, vertise, the special tea, it's a lot just that he did, He put, and he falled into how you can contribute on special teams.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I definitely have always wanted to play sposed teams. But I was one of them guys.
Speaker 4: Know. The coach was always I would go to the office. They would just tell me, you know, you're a guy, will want you to get hurt, nothing like that.
Speaker 15: So like something like gunner or even kick return, that's something I definitely want to do. So special teams. I love special teams. That's what makes makes or break games. So that's definitely something I want to do. If that's the way I have to get them feel this year, then oh my'm doing it.
Speaker 10: Moving around a bit in college, how hopeful you to sort of be able to find a home here and stick with one team?
Speaker 7: Said, you obviously moved around a bit when you're in college.
Speaker 4: How hopeful are you to be able to kind.
Speaker 8: Of stick with one team and find a home here in Baltimore.
Speaker 15: I'm very hopeful in Baltimore. It's you know, It's a great organization to be a part of. From where I see with the obstilities and how everybody is around here, like everybody loves to hear. Uh, this is somewhere somewhere I wouldn't mind retiring. It's been great these paths two three days. So this is somewhere I definitely definitely want to be.
Speaker 2: So you talked about some of.
Speaker 7: The question that's going through your mind when you were going through the process of trying to get back eligible in college. When you got back and you you know, you had the production that you had in that small sample size that that show did that kind of re you know, rejuvenate anything or reassure you of anything that you already.
Speaker 4: Knew you could do. Yeah, it just told me that I belonged.
Speaker 15: That's the reason I would try to go up eleven, go play power five when I was at Kent. Uh, they did a great job developing me as a receiver and a person, So I just wanted to show, you know, the world that I can also do it on that level.
Speaker 4: In the creation. It was acorated my.
Speaker 15: Draft stock as well, So it just showed that I belonged on that Power five level and belonged here as I am.
Speaker 1: No last, but not least from Murky camp press conferences, we have TJ Tampa cornerback from Iowa State.
Speaker 5: First impressions of being Oh, it's incredible just getting to see how the coach's coach and everybody on the staff is. It's like a geam come true. Just hearing everybody talking learning.
Speaker 8: I know, started to go a little bit higher. They expected me to go a little bit higher.
Speaker 5: How are you dolls? Just wanted to drop in my organization? That's getting about secs. Oh, like a I got here, No matter how I got here, I'm here and ready to work, get better every day and see what comes.
Speaker 11: Has there been any adjustments really, just you know, coming to college and.
Speaker 5: Starting to actually starting to restart of course, like just with being around a whole bunch of new people and learning a whole new scheme. It's some differences. You just gotta get used to it. How have they been? You be not even a mon Oh it's it's it's easy. You know, like we're roommates right now going through this process. So it's like nothing time as it passed talking about anything other hear a lot from oh yeah, just talking about scheme and all that, just how we both come in here and learning new stuff. So it's just talking football.
Speaker 4: Do you did you did you go with uh the two seven number cause of the Tampa Everykay?
Speaker 5: Nah? I actually didn't. I just I just saw the numbers they had me choose from and think the best one. Do you feel any.
Speaker 2: Sense of competition with me and being first front breaky sliding a little bit?
Speaker 5: Is there any like extra motivation.
Speaker 8: That are kind of outworking?
Speaker 5: Of course there's extra motivation. I wouldn't say like just him, but just the whole corner room and just it's really competition with him myself to get better every day and learn the scheme and go hard.
Speaker 2: What are some of the biggest justments you think get to make on to the.
Speaker 5: NFL that college just going through a whole different new scheme. You know, everything I learned in college was all I knew at playing corners, So just going with a whole new scheme and the whole new coast probably only difference.
Speaker 4: How long did it.
Speaker 6: Take you to go from the kind of disappointment of why am I still here too?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: This is a great opportunity for me.
Speaker 6: I'm going to that team that would finish first the defense and you know, really develops.
Speaker 4: A lot of secondary players.
Speaker 5: I would say all that loss I left my mind as soon as I got that call. Soon as I got the call, I was ready to happy where I was happy who called me, and just ready to get started.
Speaker 6: Did you sort of dismiss them as a possible will take you after you saw them pick a corner first round or when they were coming up, did you know there was a decent shot.
Speaker 5: That they would take here? I mean early on you see them take a corner, and you know, early on just thinking I was gonna go like of course, I was like, I don't think they would pick me. But rounds go through a lot of people got corners and you never know from there.
Speaker 12: You talked about the scheme a few times. How much does this scheme for what you can see different from what and I guess talk about the process of learning fast so you can just play rather than just you know, be thinking and playing.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not too different. Of course, they don't get too far into the scheme right now, just going through a communic camp, but there's differences. At the end of the day, you just playing a corner, and you have your man and you have your zone, so it's not too different.
Speaker 4: You feel like you have that wide receiver mentality and you from.
Speaker 5: Your ASC on the point that piste, oh yeah, just locating the ball and getting to the ball. I would say that's about it. Lint here them make it to the NFL had you stayed in my receiver both of course of course, of course, of course, are there any.
Speaker 4: Current ranging wide receivers that you're looking forward to matching up with.
Speaker 5: Later this summer? I would say really, all of them. I wouldn't say there's not really one that feel like they're all play style is kind of all the same. You know, of course, now they got some bigger corners in the draft, but I would say, really everybody.
Speaker 4: How does it feel though?
Speaker 3: When you hear people go, like when they're evaluating the range draft go like teacher, he's the he's kind of the steal of the draft for that.
Speaker 5: I mean, it feels great. You don't really try to look too far into it because it's just people's opinions and you really just stay true to who you are and what you believe.
Speaker 12: In any corners you watch, you know like hey, I like that or pick up from it. You're so get to talking about that and what you like about probably their playings down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say, when I first started just watching a lot of Jayalen Ramsey, you know, just starting to play corner. Of course, I'm a big corner.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be.
Speaker 5: Physical and he's the baseline for that. So it's kind of somebody I watched.
Speaker 1: That's it for today on the Ravens Press Pass podcast. On on Monday, The Lounge will do a full recap of Raven's rookie mini caamp, so stay tuned for that, don't forget to rate and subscribe, and we'll see you again next time.