Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone, and welcome to your Friday edition of Morning Run.
Speaker 3: It is May sixteenth.
Speaker 1: I'm Amy Robox and I'm TJ Holmes. A robot got a little more stank in that voice. She's looking forward to the weekend. Big party, tonight, graduation stuff, the parent's coming to down. It's going to be a great, great weekend.
Speaker 3: The apartment is going to be packed.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love being hosts. It's going to be fun.
Speaker 1: But you sound good, We feel good. Hope you are wrapping up your week in a great way. But yes, we do want to start on this Friday Morning Run with this. Former FBI director James Comy is under federal investigation over a photo of seashells he posted on Instagram. Problem with the photo, it's being interpreted as a threat to the life of President Trump.
Speaker 2: Meantime, President Trump is heading home from his tour of the Middle East, bringing back some lucrative souvenirs for the country to the tune of a trillion dollars or so. And it's day five of Seawan Didtycomb's trial and the final day of gripping testimony from Star Witness and Ditty x Cassie Ventura.
Speaker 1: Also on the run this morning, Smokey Robinson now being criminally investigated for sexual assault. This is days after four women filed a fifty million dollar lawsuit accusing the Motown Legend of being a serial rapist. Also this morning, a condemned killer was asked if he had any last words before his execution. He did, It was a shout out to President Trump, and.
Speaker 2: There may be fewer blue Light specials in the future. Walmart announcing higher prices are headed our way, pointing directly at Trump's tariffs.
Speaker 1: And also on the run this morning, turns out men are twice as likely to die of a broken heart than women. This is my favorite story of the day, but I thought it was more in men's favor, but it actually is a knock against us as well. Will explain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all just don't get broken hearts very often.
Speaker 1: That's not oh, will explain.
Speaker 2: Stop cannot wait to get into that. So many interesting stories on the run today, including our first one. Because we begin our run on the beach, former FBI director James Comy under investigation after posting a beach photo that several Trump Administration officials deemed a very serious threat against President Trump. So what exactly was in that photo?
Speaker 1: Just some shells, a shell formation on the beach in particular. Now he's deleted the Instagram post, but it's being described as that just a shell formation on a beach. That sounds beautiful. What is the problem, Well, here is the problem. Robes. Those shells were arranged to form the numbers eight six four seven. Still I'm going hmm, what's the problem here? Well, eight six, let's break it down. People often say that's eighty six that you're saying you want to get rid of something. So that was the first part.
Speaker 2: Eight six, yes, and for seven is a way to commonly refer to President Trump, as in the forty seventh president of the United States. So instead of reading the numbers eight six four seven, read eighty six forty seven.
Speaker 3: That is how they've been interpreted.
Speaker 2: So Homeland Security Secretary Christy nom posted this on x in response to Comy's post. Disgraced former FBI Director James Comy just called for the assassination of POTUS. DHS and Secret Service are investigating this threat and will respond appropriately.
Speaker 1: And yes, the Secret Service did release a statement saying the agency takes rhetoric like Comy's very seriously and that it vigorously investigates anything that can be taken as a potential threat to the president. Current FBI Director Cash Pttel also chimed in, saying his agency would provide all necessary support in this investigation.
Speaker 2: Now, after removing his original post, Comy put up a follow up post where he denied making a threat.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize some folks associate those numbers with violence. Occurred to me, but I opposed violence of any kind, So I took the post down.
Speaker 1: By that that's almost reasonable, perhaps, so we'll get into it.
Speaker 2: But eighty six forty seven has actually been something that has been on t shirts and on posters for people wanting the removal of as in getting rid of President Trump from the presidency, not killing him. But eighty six you can eighty six something. It can be taken in both ways. So administration officials, Republicans, Trump allies, you might imagine, all jumped on the former FBI director, who, by the way, in case you don't remember, was fired by Trump back in twenty seventeen while he was investigating whether associates of Trump coordinated with Russia to interfere in the twenty sixteen elections, So there's significant beef between these two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got some history in the White House, and just about everybody with President Trump pounced on this. The Deputy Chief of Staff tweeted that Komy's post can clearly be interpreted as a hit on the sitting president of the United States. The Director of National Intelligence, Toulci Gabbert says she thinks Comy should be in jail because of the post, and then Donald Trump Junior chiming on social media saying, oh, just James Comy casually calling for my dad to be murdered.
Speaker 2: Yes, there were some very extreme reaction, and we'd be here all morning if we told you about what everybody had to say. But it is colorful and it is powerful, many referring, of course, to the actual assassination attempts made on President Trump last year in both Butler, Pennsylvania and Palm Beach, Florida. So I don't think this is going away anytime soon.
Speaker 3: People are very very upset about that.
Speaker 1: It's too bad that this is where we are, that he should have probably known better. But also folks on the other side. We also should be able to look at it and go, Okay, let's we get.
Speaker 3: What he was saying could be interpreted two ways.
Speaker 1: But it be given where we are and given what we've seen, that something like that could be interpreted as something violent and calling for violence. It sucks that that's where we are.
Speaker 2: But I mean, in reality, he has faced two assassination attempts already. So it's a sensitive it's a very sensitive matter.
Speaker 1: Probably known better, probably known better. All Right, we continue a run here on this Friday morning with Yes, President Trump. He's on his way home this morning at that four day, three nation tour of the Middle East, and he's coming back with a whole lot more than he left with. Don't you do this? We do this on vacation. I say, we shouldn't overpack on the way because we're going to find stuff we want and bring back, and we got a space for it. Right, So Trump needs a lot of space on Air Force one to put all this cash he's supposed to be bringing back. Yes, we got stacks of deals, agreements, and investments on this trip.
Speaker 2: He had the goal of securing a trillion dollars worth of investments, and it's hard to keep up with all the numbers, but they were rolling in and it appears that he reached his goal.
Speaker 3: Maybe he even doubled his goal. That's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: After stops in Saudi Arabia Qatar, President Trump wrapped in the UAE all with the business roundtable and a lot of signed deals.
Speaker 1: I think it's the one I think I might have seen Forbes. Their estimate was two trillion, two tricks. They added it up. That was pretty remarkable. We'll see if all that money comes. Of course, these are just on paper at the time, but still it's a lot of deal making that he did on this trip. We want to continue our run back and though well, this leg brings us right back home down here to Lower Manhappen, where the trial of Diddy continues and Casey Ventura is expected to wrap her testimony in the Didty trial today. She, of course, the prosecution star witness in the case against Sean Diddycomb.
Speaker 2: Yes, Ventura spent another five plus hours under cross examination yesterday.
Speaker 3: This is her third day.
Speaker 2: With Comb's defense team, trying to turn the tables and show that she was not just a willing but an enthusiastic participant in those so called freak offs that she, they say, even initiated at times. There was a lot of focus on text messages between Cassie and Didty, and the defense had her read her own words in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just a few of these will give you now two thousand and eight. A text she wrote, I'm a very lucky woman. I miss you so much. I'd fly wherever you needed me whenever. I love you. Another from two thousand and nine quote I'm always ready to freak off. Another talking about those freak offs, she said, I just wanted to be uncontrollable. And then one more here from twenty thirteen, wish we could have fo'd before you left, meaning freak off before you left.
Speaker 2: And another major revelation from Ventura yesterday, she said Comb's overdosed in twenty twelve and had to be taken to the hospital.
Speaker 3: She said this.
Speaker 2: Happened after a party at the Playboy mansion. Then to our testified, he had said that he'd taken a very strong opiate, but they didn't know what was happening, so she took him to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Also yesterday, the defense suggested that that now infamous video of Comb's assaulting venturer in that La Hotel might have been Comb's having a drug withdrawal. Ventiro testified that she believed he was addicted to opiates at that time. So the suggestion they were trying to say is that he was out of his mind. He was not doing well. It was their way of kind of I don't want to say downplay, but at least softening ex explaining his behavior. And now she's to be back on the stand today, but she's expected to be done by lunch because frankly, she's about to pop.
Speaker 3: H That is so true.
Speaker 2: Ventura is eight and a half months pregnant, and the prosecutor told the judge yesterday we're afraid she could have the baby over the weekend. We want her off the stand before the weekend. And look, any woman who is pregnant knows if you put yourself in any kind of stressful situation, any doctor will tell you that can lead to an early labor, that can lead to complications. So it's remarkable that she's put herself in the position, or even allowed herself to be in the position, to have to go through and relive this trauma.
Speaker 1: We should credit she was very probably yesterday was the least emotional day of testimony for her. She was very calm. The back and forth with her in the defense attorney was described as very cordial. Somebody described they even sounded like friends having a conversation at one point. So it wasn't, as I know, the information is stressful, but it wasn't. Necessarily it's combative day.
Speaker 2: And I'm blown away by that, just because again I've been pregnant twice and wow, women will I'll just say I am already an emotional person when I was pregnant.
Speaker 3: You can go ahead and make that tenfold.
Speaker 1: I hate I missed that baby. We will continue here on this Friday morning. Another legal situation that seems to be escalating, this one we're talking about now, is Smokey Robinson. It is no longer just a civil matter for him. The La County Sheriff confirms they have opened a criminal investigation into sexual assault allegations against the Motown legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Last week, four women filed a fifty million dollar lawsuit against Smokey and the Jane does All once worked for Robinson between two thousand and six and twenty twenty four at his La home, and they claim that.
Speaker 3: He sexually assaulted them.
Speaker 2: Two of the women claim he raped them on more than twenty occasions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Sheriff's office is now saying they are actively investigating the allegations. Robinson has denied the allegations against him and said the lawsuit was a money grap and.
Speaker 2: In response to news of the criminal investigation, here's what robinson attorney had to say. They said they welcome the investigation, which involves plaintiffs who continue to hide their identities because exposure to the truth is a powerful thing. He goes on to say, this is an attempt to prejudice public opinion and make even more of a media circus. His attorney said this was nothing more than a manufactured lawsuit. But well, the LA DA's office doesn't think it was just that.
Speaker 1: Isn't this what happened. It wasn't this a didty.
Speaker 3: This is exactly what happened to Diddy.
Speaker 1: Right, there was a civil lawsuit and next thing you.
Speaker 3: Know, criminal charges or a criminal investigation follows.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, gracious, all right, folks, stay with us here on this Friday morning run. When we come back, do you have any final words? A death row inmate was asked that question. His answer ended up being a shout out to President Trump. Also, a company known for its low prices says it has to raise prices now because of tariffs and men and women. Everybody listen up. Men suffer greater from broken hearts than women do. I'll explain. All right, We continue now on this Friday morning run. And last night, a convicted serial killer used his last words before his execution to speak to President Trump. Sixty two year old Glenn Rodgers died by lethal injection in Florida. He was known as the Casanova Killer. They said this because he was in his younger day. He was a handsome man, and that's why they called him this any kind of but flirted with the women.
Speaker 3: He lured them in with his good luck.
Speaker 1: So he was called the Casanova Killer. But he had this to say. He was strapped to an execution table. This is the last words anybody's gonna ever hear, you speak on Earth and Robes. What did he decide to go with?
Speaker 2: This is what Rogers said, President Trump, keep making America great.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: What the actual hell?
Speaker 2: Well, And that's exactly what everyone who witnessed the execution had to say. Seriously, you actually mimicked almost word for word what everyone said. Well, there was immediate reaction from the witnesses in the room, including several family members of his victims, who all said they were confused, and this is.
Speaker 3: Where you got really close.
Speaker 2: Roger's own wife was present in the room as well, and she told reporters afterwards that she thought, this, what the hell.
Speaker 1: I actually didn't see that ahead of signin what the hell?
Speaker 2: And so you almost said exactly what his own wife said after he said that to President Trump.
Speaker 1: You've been fascinated by this story for the past twenty four hours, or with this since you you do want to point this out.
Speaker 2: Oh, this was just I mean, you hate to say this is my favorite story of to day, but it is one of the more fascinating ones.
Speaker 1: He did express lover his family and told the victims' family members, I promise you in the near future, questions will be answered, and I hope in some way we'll bring you closure. He was executed for the nineteen ninety five murder of one of four single mothers in their thirties, all described as having reddish hair. He reportedly charmed them again, like you said, with his good looks that's what I was called the castanover killer. But he stabbed these women to death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and in one case he stabbed and then like this burned her body like this was a These were terrible, heinous crimes. And get this, Rogers claimed. He told police, and he said this out loud, that he's killed more than seventy people in his life in total. Police weren't able to confirm that, but they were able to connect him to five murders and there could be more, but certainly was a serial killer. And one of the victim's family members said, he's about the evilest thing I've ever imagined. So it was just a bizarre way to end his life with those final words. And yes, when you hear what the reporters saying, he was strapped to the execution gurney as he.
Speaker 3: Was saying this. He said, Trump on his mind, and had Trump on his mind?
Speaker 1: What are they you were going through? And I guess we know final words often or an apolog or a prayer, something to God.
Speaker 3: Something to their family, repentance. You know, all of these things.
Speaker 2: You expect something emotional or something at least appropriate.
Speaker 3: This one seemed out of left field.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue on our run. How now this morning, and this, folks, is not a good sign for our economy. Even Walmart is about to raise prices. Walmart, Yes, always low prices, always that Walmart.
Speaker 3: Blue Light special Walmart Mart Yes.
Speaker 2: Executives announced yesterday they expect customers will start seeing higher prices by the end of this month and certainly by next month. And yeah, they say Trump's tariffs are to blame. Walmart CEO put it this way. We will do our best to keep our prices as low as possible, but given the magnitude of the tariffs, even at the reduced levels, we aren't able to absorb all the pressure.
Speaker 1: Walmart, of course, the largest retailer in the world, has built its business on the model of low prices. So this is taking rob There's really an ominous sign for the economy. This is a company and they are so financially in good shape they should be able to absorb this kind of stuff and do if they are even saying it. If it happens to them, it's gonna happen to everybody. This is a bad, bad.
Speaker 3: Sign, bad sign of the times.
Speaker 2: Indeed, all right, let's let's talk about perhaps the most fun story to talk about.
Speaker 1: Give them the headline, all right, give them the headline.
Speaker 3: Final, here's the headline.
Speaker 2: Men are twice as likely to die of a broken heart than women, and just leave it. Science has proven it.
Speaker 1: We could just leave it there.
Speaker 3: No, it needs some explanation. Okay, the devil's in the details.
Speaker 1: So yes, broken heart syndrome. We have heard about this, and usually when we talk about it, we're talking about a person who passes, maybe after their longtime spouse passes. There have been some famous cases out there before when someone dies just months.
Speaker 3: After or days even, Yeah.
Speaker 1: After a long time partner has passed. So that's when we often say broken heart syndrome. But it's actually a real medical thing. It's officially called something I can't.
Speaker 3: I left you that read because you put it in there.
Speaker 1: Tacosubo cardio myopathy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually I think you nailed it.
Speaker 1: But anybody listening doesn't know. Correct, got it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it sounded really good to me, all right, So that is defined as what is defined as tacosubo cardio myopathy.
Speaker 1: Please continue.
Speaker 3: You were way better than me, all right. I needed some time with that one, all right.
Speaker 2: It's defined as when a person experiences a traumatic event in life that results in them experiencing chest pains and shortness of breath. It can feel like you're having a heart attack, and doctors say it can be brought on by physical or emotional stress. Most people recover quickly, but some do go on to have heart failure and die, and men die at twice the rate of women when they're experiencing this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the study is from the American Heart Association. It looked at two hundred thousand people with heartbreak syndrome. Eighty three percent of the people with heartbreak syndrome were women.
Speaker 3: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, So aren't as likely to get heartbreak.
Speaker 3: Syndrome are just seventeen percent of you?
Speaker 1: Fine? But five percent of the women died of heartbreak syndrome, while eleven point two percent of the men who got heartbreak syndrome died. So, no, we don't get it as often, but when we do, we get it much worse and it can lead to death. So why is this happening? And this is the part you can't wait to get to because it's fascinating the reasons for why this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love hundred and batic, you are right now, So it could be attributed to the fact that when women have heartbreak syndrome, it is brought on by something emotional check that reads. But for men it's brought on by something physical like a major surgery or a stroke or something else that is physically traumatic to the heart, not emotionally traumatic to the heart, because you all are dead inside when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Just as a point of note here, the researchers did not say that we're dead in That was some editorial liberty that she just took. So conclusion here is that men are less susceptible to having heartbreak syndrome. It's harder for us to get the condition, but we're at higher risk of dying because in order for us to get the condition, it requires a more dangerous and physical.
Speaker 2: Because love isn't that powerful to you all, or the loss of love.
Speaker 1: Again, it's not in the research, Nope, but I thought that was fascinating. We die because we are not as susceptible to it. But it takes something much stronger physically and dangerous to our physical forms to trigger heartbreak syndrome. So it makes sense we.
Speaker 3: Love harder and better I know it's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: This is not shocking to anyone, any woman for sure, but I'm.
Speaker 3: So sorry for your losses.
Speaker 2: All right, So we would like to leave you with this as you go about your Friday.
Speaker 3: This is our quote of the day.
Speaker 2: And I was inspired because I was able to sit at Yankee Stadium yesterday.
Speaker 3: And watch my daughter graduate from n YU. Oh my god, I'm getting a muption at all. But I actually it was so.
Speaker 1: Fine.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful, it was amazing, and I got to I was so impressed with Molly Shannon of SNL. She gave a powerful, powerful commencement address. I'm going to find a quote from her. It's not been published yet that I've seen, but I got excited about looking at what some fun or inspiring commencement addresses have led to certain quotes. And I found a quote from a baseball player, actually, and I loved this quote because it's something he told a graduating class, and I thought it was just a fun way to end a Friday.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this was attributed to him. I have heard this before. But the quote of the day for you on this Friday. If you think nobody cares, if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.
Speaker 2: I thought that was such good advice for kids who are graduating from college. You know they might be scared or have you know, feelings of you know, nobody cares if I'm alive or yeah, when you start adulting, you realize who cares those bill collectors.
Speaker 1: It's also I think there's a good point. A lot of people are down on themselves and think this and that and nobody's there for me. Yeah, it's kind of a funny way to say it, but somebody out there always cares. Maybe it is just the bill collector for now, Oh that's the only one you can see. But there are other people who in your life who so yes, take that from Earl Wilson. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments. And with that, folks, we always appreciate you running with us. We'll see you again on a Saturday morning run with the recap of some of these stories this week that really got us going, and then also on a Sunday morning run, which provides you with the inspiration you need to get you going for the week. So I always appreciate you running, but for now I'm TJ Holmes heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: Is stop it? And I'm Amy Roboch who's just full of love. Have a great weekend everyone,