Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: So we're not big on the whole gossip, high school nature of Washington d C. I don't care about people's comings and goings and retirement, and they'll talk about them all day long in cable news, and I just don't freaking care. I can't believe they think anybody does care. But I do think this is kind of interesting that the National Security Advisor is out. Mike Wallas is out after one hundred and one days, which ain't very long, and I'm I'm mostly wondering to have anything to do with his He was way more of a we need to support Ukraine guy than Trump is, and I just wonder about that.
Speaker 2: But here he is.
Speaker 3: Just a couple of hours ago, he surely had heard that there were already newsblurbs saying he's going to be fired, So I don't know if this is him scrambling for his job, or is this exit interview or what.
Speaker 4: So I'm so excited about this. This is leadership at its finest, led by our commander in chief who loves the troops and they love him. Secretary Hegseth leading from the front, Secretary Driscoll Army Secretary that you had on earlier. I mean again, we're one hundred days in and they are talking about modernizing the army, counter drone, electronic warfare, getting our troops the things they need rapidly, cutting through their bureaucracy, consolidating a lot of these commands and headquarters that we don't need.
Speaker 2: They are all gas.
Speaker 4: Brian, and this is exactly what our modern force needs.
Speaker 3: I think that was a guy I thinking he could still butter up Trump and save his job.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at Molly Hemingway, who I don't always agree with her, tweeting out that the news coverage on this is mostly about Mike Walls wanted to support Ukraine. Trump doesn't this as a sign that Trump, you know, is abandoning Ukraine, et cetera, et cetera, And she pointed out he did add a hostile journalist to a private, top secret war plan chat.
Speaker 2: It's not a minor thing.
Speaker 3: And y'all are leaving this out all of a sudden, you know, at the time, it was a big deal, and now you're acting like it's clearly about the policy and not about this. So I don't know what it's about, but that that was a fairly incompetent thing to do. And then his excuses which were so horrible when he came out, well, I got sucked to you know how names get sucked into your phone?
Speaker 2: And what are you talking about? Ryan? Well?
Speaker 1: And as I mentioned earlier, Trump is proud enough that he's not going to get rid of somebody because the left wing media is telling him he has to. He's going to wait for a couple of months and say, no, this has nothing to do with that. I've just made the decision. I think some of the proof will be in who they replace walls with.
Speaker 2: And if it's a.
Speaker 3: Hardcore h anti Ukraine Zugleinski needs to throw on a suit guy, then then then it's a change of a change from what he had.
Speaker 1: Certainly, Yeah, I'm really intrigued by the assigning of the minerals deal and the final form it takes and what Trump's strategy actually is to what extent is that, Hey, they've got minerals, they need us, I'm going to get some get something out of them, which I find a bit of appalling given the stakes, or if it's a we're going to be so invested in Ukraine and make them wealthy and Russia's not going to dare attack because We're going to have lots.
Speaker 3: And lots of interests there. Yeah, we're going to have people and trucks and money at stakes. So hey, Vladimir, knock it off. I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a totally different topic speaking of kN quest. Though I mentioned this earlier in the show, then forgot to pay it off, and I apologize for that. But this is a Florida e mom giving a sermon or whatever you call that. They're in a mosque and the context being and I think he makes this clear that they'd recently acquired several churches and turned them into mosques.
Speaker 2: It's ninety and ninety one, Michael, play them one at a time. We bought.
Speaker 5: Three churches so far, converted them to messages, and now we have one we are buying with a school to make it because we have to serve the same people, the people who were part of that community. One day there will be Muslims, so we'll make it into a message and an Islamic school for our children and their children, Charlemah. And two years ago they invaded the Muslim world and they built missionary schools and destroyed Islamic schools and message. Today we bring the favor back, turned their churches into messages and their schools into Islamic schools, bring the light of Islam to hear.
Speaker 3: Is he picturing more of a there will be so many people flowing in that are Muslims or is he picturing converting people to Islam? Seems pretty clear he's talking about converting them. And just play that last clip.
Speaker 2: It's short.
Speaker 5: This is an election year, but we're not going to be happy with either candidate. We have to be happy when Islam becomes the best candidate for us. I ask a lost Pano Tahada to give Islam the victory in this country.
Speaker 1: So the difference between that and a Baptist preacher standing up and saying we ought to convert everybody to Christianity to save their souls, blah blah blah, is that Islam is a system of law in governance. Now, not everybody practices that way. Some people just practice it as a personal faith. And that's fine, I have no truck with those people, as they say, But there are a lot of people, including this guy who hints rather strongly that no, we want Islam to be the system of governance in this place, and.
Speaker 2: Give us enough time and we'll get her done. Wow.
Speaker 1: And that is a vow quite specifically to overthrow our form of government and the constitution. That's not paranoia, that's just fact. We want this system of laws and governance, not the one we got.
Speaker 3: Are you suggesting that's somewhere near a crime or violation of something?
Speaker 1: Well, he isn't advocating for the forceful overthrow of the United States government, so probably not. It is legal under our First Amendment. It's practically unique on earth, and wonderful into my opinion that you can walk around saying we ought to get rid of the constitution.
Speaker 2: We need to have a vote, and here are my reasons why, and who's with me? That's something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, now for the next five Yeah, yeah, absolutely, one more thing I wanted to throw in.
Speaker 3: I think Katie mentioned this earlier. McDonald's has suffered its deepest US same store sales drop since COVID when people couldn't get out and about heightened anxiety around economics. US same store sales plunged three point six percent, which the Train the chain attributed to an increasingly cautious consumer. It's the worst drop since the beginning of the COVID pandemic, which is a little troubling as Americans grow more fearful that sweeping tariffs could reheat inflation or even trigger a recession. The world's largest fast food chain says it's not anying a broader hit to traffic.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I believe that or not. Are are two you do?
Speaker 3: So you think a lot of people like to eating out less even for McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Just financial caution in general is on the rise. I was just reading about how America's biggest home builders have seen in a very very weak spring season, and that's when they do forty percent of their annual sales, and it's about halfway over, but they're down from two to fifteen percent depending on who you ask, and they're offering all sorts of incentives and rebates and just trying to get people to sign.
Speaker 3: The CEO for McDonald said it's no longer just low income consumers pulling back, but also middle income consumers who are weighed down by the cumulative impact of inflation and heightened anxiety. Before this, McDonald said it plans to focus on it's Mcvalue menu and extend it's five dollars meal deal and also the very popular chicken thingies, some sort of chicken strip thing which I actually saw last night as in the drive through McDonald's with my son after his volleyball game, and he got two cheeseburgers, not quarter pounders or big Max, just the little cheeseburger, two cheeseburgers and fries and it was fifteen dollars, which seems like a lot to me.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Two cheeseburgers, small fry, fifteen bucks. V No.
Speaker 2: No, I know that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: I understand inflation. I do, I studied it at the university level, but holy crap, I know I'm shocked every time.
Speaker 2: So wow.
Speaker 3: So maybe people are pulling back because things are just too expensive. Combined with I think it's going to get even worse.
Speaker 1: I realized this is an old guy thing to say, But Judy and I were going out for what do we have the other day breakfast? And she ordered like a you know, a paddy melt. Say, it's essentially a burger with you know, sautate onions on it, and it was really good, but it was nineteen dollars or something, right, right, it's like a nineteen dollars paddy melt. Yeah, it's going on here, I know, start raising cattle. I don't have room for like cattle cattle, so it's probably going to be those little miniature Irish cattle cute, and I will probably hire little people to be my cowboys.
Speaker 3: Wow, little tiny cowboys with little Yeah, let's be very cute.
Speaker 1: That's my plan. It's you know, drawing board stage.
Speaker 2: It'll be cute though. Those would be some great Instagram posts.
Speaker 1: And if I get hungry, I'll just, you know, whack one of them little Irish cows and make me some burgers.
Speaker 2: Backed Patty, are you gonna say you whack one of the little people? What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not a lunatic, right, that would be correct? Right?
Speaker 2: We have more on the waist here.
Speaker 7: A dog food brand recently announced that they're looking for a summer intern to smell dog's breath in order to evaluate the effectiveness of their.
Speaker 2: New dental product. In case you're looking.
Speaker 7: For a career where AI will never replace you.
Speaker 3: Wow, I gotta smell a dog's breath and determine whether it's better or worse.
Speaker 1: I need do that for free right now, so you know what the hell? If I can get paid for it, why not?
Speaker 2: And my dog, by our pug, has horrible breath.
Speaker 3: Or really should get a second opinion because the vet said, well he's got you know, he got some teeth that need pulled. But this teeth and that tooth and then and there's gonna be like two thousand dollars or something like that.
Speaker 1: Gum problems we need to put them under and blah blah blah. Yeah, it can be just breathtaking bills.
Speaker 6: Yes, Katie, uh, I would, I would say do it.
Speaker 3: I ain't paying two thousand dollars to get a dog's teeth pulled. Ain't gonna freaking happen for those of you who do it, good for you, But I ain't doing it.
Speaker 1: Label this segment of the podcast, Jack neglects his animals.
Speaker 2: Kidding, not a change.
Speaker 1: You can't even smile when it goes to parties because it's ashamed of its teeth.
Speaker 2: Shots got a stigma.
Speaker 6: I don't neglect my dog and when I had to have her teeth pulled, it totally took care of the bad breath problem.
Speaker 2: Well fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in fact, she just needs this. His his teeth rushed. He almost never does that. I bug him every.
Speaker 2: One of these green things. It'll make your breath better or not.
Speaker 1: Don't breathe on me. Put scope in his water bowl. It'll be fine. So this is really quite amazing and life affirming story, and it's the sort of thing that sixty minutes used to do before they suck. There is a Japanese town that, like a lot of towns in Japan, is shrinking and aging. And you've got a few You've got a decent number of school kids, but they don't know the older folks around town, and the older folks don't know the kids, and they don't interact with the kids. And somebody, for some reason thought that was unfortunate. We're losing our sense of community in this town. And so they invented you know, your Pokemon cards for instance, or you know, Superhero sports cards. You get all sorts of role playing card games. So these people invented a role playing hard game featuring real people from the village, specifically all sorts of middle aged and older guys.
Speaker 2: What a cool idea. Who and this is the part that touches my heart a little bit.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 1: Smart businessmen, well worthy of admiring or emulating folks who behaved with great bravery in the Japanese military, scientists with great brains and creativity. And they have their actual picture on the front in kind of dramatic form, then a different picture on the back. But they have like different skills or powers based on these guys' actual abilities in life, and it's become this enormous hit.
Speaker 2: They're twenty two of them.
Speaker 1: They include mister Honda, the former head of the local fire brigade who is skilled in first aid and rescue work, Soba chef, mister Takashita, who teaches noodle making classes, who's never encountered a broken electrical appliance he couldn't fix. And mister Fuji, a former prison correctional officer who now works as a volunteer driver for older residents. And these kids play the card game and you know they they play a mister Fuji, but they might overcome it with a mister kid Amra, who with his ability to fix things, and you know his technical no holl and all. And it's brought all the kids and the older fellas together, and they now all greet each other on the streets. And it's crazy. People even ask the old guys for autographs. That's interesting, isn't that nutty. There's a guy who moved away from where I live a couple of years ago, and I'd known him for years in a different capacity, but it's not like I ever asked him, you know, tell me your life story. But after he moved away, I became aware that he was like a He wrote for the San Francisco Chronicle for a while, and then he was just all these really interesting things, yeah, that I just never knew. And I don't know, maybe maybe people should brag slash, explain their their their their lives more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I've I've had that same thought lately.
Speaker 1: I live in a community, neighborhood whatever that's. That's it's a good range of ages, but it definitely includes some retired people and some older folks and and and when somebody passes on, you know, we'll get a notice with an obituary, and time after time I see the obituary and think.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd known this stuff.
Speaker 1: I just sought the guy out and asked him about this or that or the other, what we have in common or whatever. And and I've you know, I've I brought this up to a couple of people without any satisfactory result or idea. But can we do this somehow? Is there some form of doing this before people croak?
Speaker 3: Right, it's always the person with nothing interesting in their past that tells you all about something they did.
Speaker 2: Right right, And you know, for a lot of people, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, this might be one of the reasons that they did cool things. The interesting people tend to keep it to themselves well, right and door.
Speaker 1: You know, if somebody's retired, for instance, they're not gonna walk around saying, you know, twenty years ago, I was this, and I did this and that, and I lived where you probably not. And I don't know, it's kind of a shame. Maybe we'd start the trading cards.
Speaker 3: I don't know, speaking of kind of that sort of thing. I want to explain what an NPC is before we get done today. How much time I got my going We're about done right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty seconds here. Yeah, I'm gonna explain what an NPC is. Later.
Speaker 3: My son and his friends throw it around as a term regularly, but it's kind of funny and worth knowing.
Speaker 2: If somebody calls you that plus old what's his face?
Speaker 1: The MS thirteen guy who is deported, I'd bring back the corters reel rule, blah blah blah. And the case of the fella with the two year old and the four year old ripped away from their mother by Trump's cruelties. The truth on that, to look at, how incredibly egregiously inaccurate the media coverage has been cool.
Speaker 2: I want to see all that.
Speaker 3: That's some good stuff. I'm gonna stick around. I was playing on leaving, but I'm gonna stick around.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Poor discussion later, as I see it's getting a lot of attention. Is Bill Belichick pleased that his relationship has gone like, you know, everyone has heard about it by now. Is this like making him happy? Or is he kind of er er trying to keep this on the down low?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is like the subject of national snickering. And or is it like the old snide comment, you know, the old joke with the punchline, is I'm telling everybody you know?
Speaker 2: Is it like that? Yeah? Mybe exactly, I don't know.
Speaker 1: So. Stephen Miller was in the press room recently at the White House and he was lighting up the press for their awful coverage of immigration stuff, and we edited it out. He's talking about a young girl who was killed by an illegal immigrant, and how well, how the coverage is completely stilted and unfair. Go ahead, we'll play your samp lovin.
Speaker 7: It is a sad reflection on the state of our media and many of the outlets represented in this room that you obsessively try to shill for this smester ting terrorists. Will no coverage occurred in your papers about any of the Americans that were raped and tortured and murdered by the illegals that Biden was importing into our country. And each and every one of you decides over and over again with these mster teen terrorists to the extent that you at the financial means to do so.
Speaker 2: You all choose to live in.
Speaker 7: Condos or homes or houses as far away from these kinds of gang bangers as you possibly can. If I offered any one of you a rent free home with no taxes to pay in any of these gang neighborhoods, and I said, your neighbors are mster ting terrorists or Mexican mafia or Sinaloa cartel or trained Iragua. I couldn't pay you to live there, But yet you, with your coverage, are trying to force innocent Americans to have these people as their neighbors and that one day their daughter may be abducted from their home and raped and murdered. So you're not going to get an ounce of sympathy from this administration or President Trump for the terrorists who've invaded our homes in our country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first of all, the up talking distracts me. It's funny his I was trying to get past it. His up talking doesn't fit his personality. Usually up talking is, you know, a different vibe anyway. That is something Tucker Carlson used to talk about a lot that I always agreed with that a lot of the people that are okay with the policies allowing illegal immigration, their neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: Aren't affected and never have been affected.
Speaker 3: At all with bilegal or illegal immigration. It's just like it's not in their world. It's all academic as opposed to the rest of us. Who it You know, drastically changes your school, your hospital, your.
Speaker 2: Whatever, your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Right, the protected class and the unprotected class, those who make the policies and those who feel the brunt of the policies.
Speaker 2: It's an excellent point.
Speaker 3: So they should shake care the board, class divide in America, should care the border. I wish they would get everify because I really think that's the quickest way to fix it.
Speaker 2: As a national orgue. Who's been writing that's going to make me insane.
Speaker 1: It's so grating, so greating does.
Speaker 3: Why do Republicans resist everify? Why is Trump never brought that up because there's so much pressure from big business to hey, that would ruin us if we had to actually verify the people were legal.
Speaker 1: Dan, what did you tell us earlier that there's something like sixty thousand or whatever it is empty manufacturing jobs in America.
Speaker 2: One hundred and forty thousand.
Speaker 1: Sorry, wow, yeah, I was almost barely not even half one hundred and forty thousand empty unfillable manufacturing jobs. Because we have so many healthy young men, in particular on fake disability or on the government dole, not active in the workforce number that have never been seen before. So we've got to import illegal immigrants, and you know, good lord and Trump's talking about we need hundreds of thousands of more you know, manufacturing jobs. What then, Anyway, on the topic of immigration more broadly, I wish I had time to read you more of this than I'm going to. But Rich Lowry of the National Review, who I think is great, has made the point recently that whether it's that that whack a doodle judge in Wisconsin who tried to help an illegal wife beater, violent multiple deporty immigrant escape justice because she saw the Feds around the courthouse, they act like illegal immigrants are fugitive slaves, and that's a great comparison. They act like they're the Harriet Tubman's of the world trying to save these poor innocent, beliaguered people from their slave masters, specifically the laws of the United States and immigration that they have no reason to be here, especially the felons.
Speaker 2: They're not fugitive slaves.
Speaker 1: Anyway, More on that reasoning another time, because I think it's eloquent and amusing in its own way. But this is from not the Bee, which is the Babylon Bee's non humor side, which is actually pretty interesting if you don't follow them or not.
Speaker 2: Aware of them.
Speaker 1: But ABC News is peddling activism again. Let's talk about this ridiculous post. This is the ABC official news Twitter feed whatever. The two year old child Venezuelan migrants is with a foster family after her mom was deported to Venezuela and her dad was sent to O Al Salvador. Authorities said, and they point out you don't hate the media enough. First the post which I just read to you, and there's a little more to it.
Speaker 2: But now for the facts.
Speaker 1: The US Department of Homeland Security claims that both parents are connected to trend I Iiragua, the violent, sadistic Venezuelan gang that is taking over entire neighborhoods in city across the US. The father maker Espinoza Escalona, is reportedly quote a lieutenant of trendyed Uragua who oversees homicides, drug sales, kidnappings, extortions, sex trafficking, and operates a torture house. The mother, your Lee Scarlett Bernal and Ciarte reportedly quote oversees recruitment of young women for drug smuggling and prostitution.
Speaker 2: Both entered the US illegally.
Speaker 1: In May of twenty twenty four, at the height of the Biden wide open border, the lovely gal was detained for several months in Texas. After requesting to be deported, she was sent back to Venezuela because of the claim that the fellas a gang lieutenant. He was sent to Guantanamo Bay, then to that President l Salvador. But ABC News trotted out the families the couple's family to tell us how loving and kind and sweet and innocent they are. In CRT's mother told ABC News, quote, my daughter has a tattoo of the year I was born and the year her dad was born. She has the name of her son and some flowers on her chest maker. The husband's a tattoo artist, and he would do her tattoos. How romantic. An aspiring tattoo artist who also loves cutting hair, Marley, who is Escalonias's sister, said her brother, who is also a barber and traveled to the US for a better life. Yeah, this is the barber we heard about. My brother is a twenty five year old guy, a dreamer like all Venezuelans. He loves cutting hair. Blah blah blah, so he emigrated to have a better life. The attack angle here is not that illegal aliens got sent back to their own countries. The media is beginning to learn that the vast majority of American support deporting illegals. The real point is to push the idea that the Trump administration is stealing kids from their parents. ABC News made sure to put in a statement from the communist dictatorship of Venezuela to push the point. Quote, the US government is robbing Venezuelan children, said their interior minister.
Speaker 2: ABC News.
Speaker 1: Look, we're not saying that the Orange Hitler is kidnapping kids.
Speaker 2: Wink wink. The Venezuhalans are saying that they are in jitler.
Speaker 1: But what's missing in this activist op ed is context. ABC cleverly noted that the Office of Refugee Resettlement referred them to DHS for questions about the child that is in their customer custody, but didn't specify whether it had actually asked the office for a statement.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: The reader only gets one side of the story of that's frame to make Trump look evil, and the part about the father operating a torture house as a gang lieutenant and the mother accused of being a child sex trafficker. Could it be that there are details we've yet to learn about abuse incredible danger that led the Trump administration to place this child with a foster family. Almost certainly this a fairly long article, but you get the gist of it. And again, ABC News, what are they? I guess they're trying to sell clicks to a particular group of Americans with a particular point of view.
Speaker 2: I just wish people would be honest about what they are. ABC.
Speaker 1: You're in the news, You're in the business rather of providing clickbait for people who are very soft on illegal immigrants, say so, advertise it like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would just think from a wanting to win elections standpoint, both the party and the media that backs that party wouldn't want to keep hammering this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Because, I mean, the the.
Speaker 3: Results are in on how people feel about illegal immigration.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, a huge loser too. I mean, and if you actually ever learn the facts about these people. So the guy you know, he's a gang lieutenant, runs a torture house, etc. Et cetera drug trafficker, the mile of the mom is a sex trafficker or whatever. But he really likes to cut hair. If you, as the saying human being, said, oh it's good at cutting hair, you know, I think we let.
Speaker 2: Him stay right.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, you should be in a home being fed you know, softened foods, and you know, allowed out on the weekends. I mean, come on, Wow, nice job.
Speaker 2: ABC. Hope you all proud of yourselves. So coming up.
Speaker 3: Katy Perry hits back at her critics who claims she's not a real astronaut.
Speaker 2: Oh, Katie, let it go, let it die. And what's an NPC.
Speaker 3: It's worth knowing in case you get called that by like a teenager.
Speaker 2: What they're referring to them's fighting words, among other things.
Speaker 3: On the way We'll finish strong, stay here, I threw out the idea of what an NPC is. M If you ever heard that term among young people, it's an insult. My son used it on me the other day. That's so NPC D and it is. It's what they call non non player characters in video games. But like in video games, the NPCs are all they're just like they don't They all dress the same, They have no personality, They're just there to be in the background of the role.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: So if you dress in kind of a like you know, Khaki's polo shirt sort of way, you're it's so NPC.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's funny. A lot of modern lingo just annoys me. But that's creative. Yeah, yeah, And it's you know, and it's interesting.
Speaker 3: This is obvious and we've talked about it before, but the it's like the anarchists unite thing. It's the uh non conformists to unite. Just you know, you hang out with your own group of non conformists that all act in dress and have the same hairstyles and everything like that. And it's just I mean, I sit in the high school parking lot every single day waiting for my son to come out, and everybody's dress just exactly the same way. Every dude is wearing the same style of hat in the same way on their head. You have to have it like tilted ford and high up on your head. I mean, it's just, you know, it's just it. And the girls all have their own look to be unique whatever. I don't know why we need to delude ourselves like that or not just admit to ourselves. I dress like all the other people in the sphere. I want to be part of I'm not actually that unique.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you just have to separate yourself from it, and you know, it's as if you're observing a different species and they're rituals and mating dances and plumage and the rest of it, and think, well, that's what humans do.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: So if you hear somebody drop an NPC on you, it's not exactly you. Probably one you don't care if you are inn PC, but two A it's an insult.
Speaker 2: I'll use my finger quotes. Yeah, that's funny. So apparently it's not true.
Speaker 3: The headline that came out yesterday that the board for Tesla was looking to replace hunting around to replace Elon Musk as a guy running the company, and then by this morning at least the Financial Times said the Tesla board says, no, that's not true, although certainly could be true, or at least they wanted that out there for a while to get Elon's attention that hey, maybe a little less doge, a little more running the most valuable car company in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sent a shot across the bow. Who knows now, who knows whether it was an official search or an announcement or a whisper that you know we're going to start a.
Speaker 2: Search, you're sending a message.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just thinking about it right now, though as it could be a he's busy with other things.
Speaker 2: It also could be a we got to get his name out of this.
Speaker 3: So the kind of people that won't buy a Tesla because Elon Musk won't have that anymore because it absolutely has hurt sales and the stock price and everything like that beyond a doubt catastrophically. Oh yeah, is there any precedent in the history of of business. Absolutely not not even close.
Speaker 1: I mean, you'd have to have somebody so identified with their product like Elon is and then go a foul of a huge constituent, well not only a huge political constituency, but the constituency most likely to buy that product.
Speaker 3: Right, And the fact that Tesla's so valuable to start with has been confusing for.
Speaker 2: Many, many years now.
Speaker 3: I wish I'd gotten in on the Tesla stock a long time ago and then gotten out like in December. Of course, everybody'd like to time the market perfectly, but it's worthwhile. It's like the next six car companies added together. It's just nuts.
Speaker 1: It's like if the CEO of Smith and Wesson had hired Dylan mulvaney to be the spokesperson and then married.
Speaker 2: Him for instance. For instance.
Speaker 3: Right, So from that standpoint, I don't know what would be the argument against saying, hey, we got to replace Elon Musk. We can't have him be the face of this company anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, you know, as an American, and particularly as a conservative who thinks that government is horrifically bloated and wasteful, blah blah blah, I see it as a unfortunate byproduct of doing the right thing.
Speaker 2: But if I'm like a.
Speaker 1: Tesla board member or like big time stockholder, I'm like on my knees weeping and vomiting over all this, it's it's terrible.
Speaker 5: Jack karkis Tom stop.
Speaker 2: Jack and Joe They've got to go. And if they don't get Cane to be back, Tom row love it.
Speaker 3: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show, starting with our technical director Michael Aangelo.
Speaker 2: Michael final thought.
Speaker 8: I felt really bad. I was exercising with my yesterday and I got.
Speaker 2: Is that what you call it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, we're on the you are crass. Anyway, I got caught looking at another woman and I made the crack to my wife. She said, I caught you look and I said, well, if Bill Belichick into it, I should be able to do it.
Speaker 2: And she didn't think it was funny.
Speaker 1: Wow, no sense of humor. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, Uh, well, we.
Speaker 6: Were talking about those little mini booze bottles earlier and I have a crafty friend. She makes them into lays. The necklaces she gets like neck. No, She'll give you booze necklaces.
Speaker 2: Aw, and then you can just wear it around your neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's festive.
Speaker 2: Hey Jack.
Speaker 3: A final thought for us, Sonody gave me this tip on the text line. I've never done it before because I got this lingering cough. Ask your doctor for inhalers. After a virus has run its course, you need to calm down the irritation, and the way to do that more quickly is an inhaler.
Speaker 2: I've never done that, but that might be a good answer.
Speaker 1: My final thought, I'd like to apologize for making light of the British lad who won the national seagull imitating contest.
Speaker 2: You know what might not be the skill I chose.
Speaker 1: To perfect, but it was that boy's choice and he should be proud of himself.
Speaker 3: Sure, and his parents are Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, and I'm sure the neighborhood girls are really attracted to that ability. Jod your sons in his bedroom practicing his seagull call over and over over again.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh my god, what did we do wrong? Honey? So many people, so little time, blah blah blah. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty. We're in fear territory right now. We will not be silent. Sweetheart, sweetheart, listen to please.
Speaker 4: They need to tone it down pretty please with sugar on top.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, she just released a hit record, I Saw did he Waxing his Dolphin by the Sea.
Speaker 2: It's number three in streaming this week. Jack so Waltz Oddly enough, Armstrong and Getty