Speaker 1: All right, this is Dose Amigos Wilmer Valdorama, Freddie Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Welcome to this very special episode.
Speaker 1: So you can see we have another third amigo here, but he is a third alle. He is the executive producer of the podcast as well as the head of WV Sounds WV Sound which happens to be the podcast division of our company as well.
Speaker 2: So thank you, Leo Clam, Leo Clam in the house. Thank you for your tire of this work.
Speaker 1: Thank you for making this possible for not only just us, but also for more better and you know Da and you know a bunch of other podcasts that you've been working on.
Speaker 2: So we were very grateful for your work and for everybody behind the scenes too.
Speaker 3: You left out one descriptor a friend.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes he is a friend. You're actually a brother to me. And you had a really fun idea. We had forty amazing episodes where in these such episodes we have explored not only our friendship, not only our careers, our past, our families. We'll also opened the door for a third amigo or amiga at times, and they have given us invaluable memories and moments so that those Amigos Podcast is doing a very special episode to pay tribute to those who have made the trip over and sat down with us and have some great conversations.
Speaker 2: But a lot of great memories, right, that's right, a.
Speaker 4: Lot of great memories, a lot of great guests, a lot of great conversations. Some were more energetic than others, right, Some were more insightful, some were And so I think we're sort of exploring unexpected confessions. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so we're exploring the different varieties of conversations.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in this final big segment of those Amigos, you had a great idea, you want to explain it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, drum roll please, Editor or Wilmer and Freddy and Ryan and Aaron to me GOO Awards.
Speaker 1: This is a look back at all our departments and the anecdotes and where we what was left here in the studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm going to mention different categories and each of you are going to tell me what is you know, a moment or an individual with third amigo that comes to mind for that specific category. Okay, we threw in a bunch of different categories that are kind of all over the place, because you know, we had so many different guests to speak to, friends, family, people we barely know. I so excited to dive in with y'all.
Speaker 2: Awesome. So the first one is its most energetic.
Speaker 3: Guests, most energetic guests, So okay, yeah, who comes to mind that? Like that energy was so high that it kind of brought everyone.
Speaker 1: Had a very different level of energy. They're all enthusiastic and all stuff. But I think I don't know one comes to mind for me?
Speaker 5: Who's that?
Speaker 1: Melissa Ah, Melissa Fromaro, Yeah, Melissa Fromaro or Terry Cruz right, they were.
Speaker 4: They were very energetic and and gave us a lot to play off of.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I would I personally named Melissa Fromato because she came here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did her Shimi dance. You know, she had a lot of energy.
Speaker 1: Telling her stories, and she was also very vulnerable, very open with everything she was talking about. I think that, you know, she brought such likeness and charm to it, and she's just a beautiful person.
Speaker 5: She is agreed all right.
Speaker 3: And with Terry, I feel like he brought so much table I didn't even know about, and so like that conversation was all over place because we were learning. I was learning so much.
Speaker 2: From But that's not energetic. That's where a different category.
Speaker 3: I'm jumping category. Let's go to the next. Biggest laugh. Oh, the biggest laugh, biggest laugh? Who comes to mind?
Speaker 2: What do you think? For you?
Speaker 4: I have to say to Yeah, I mean, he's he's that that dude that sometimes I think like he doesn't realize how naturally.
Speaker 5: Funny he is.
Speaker 2: He's so dry and sarcastic and also so creative. He's a really talented dude. But yeah, I would say toll for too.
Speaker 1: I give him tofer because that dude just knows how to make me laugh. And and actually in that conversation, he you know, he really surprised me with a lot of his uh thoughts about me. And you know, we we in this podcast gave us in his keys to say the things we would never have the courage to say to each other.
Speaker 2: When we're alone in the dinner, you know.
Speaker 1: So it was it was kind of a nice to to see myself through his eyes and and vice a verse.
Speaker 2: I hope it was nice for him too. But but yeah, he was hilarious.
Speaker 1: And I think that the feedback from all of you at home is that you know that that was one of the funniest episodes we've had.
Speaker 5: Yeah, funny and for me endearing to to see you two together.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Just kind of seeing your history together. I can just see it in both of your eyes, and it was really wonderful to see you too.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, moving on most unexpected confession.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a confession as much as it is like I would say, I don't know. I think Terry Cruz had such insight and such personal storytelling, Like you know, he he was born enough to be, you know, to be emotional with us, and it made us really live and put on his shoes for a minute and tell us some of his darkest moments. And it also allowed us to kind of feel the sunshine as it entered his story and his life. So I think for me, I think that was unexpected confessions of his past and where he was in his life. I know that he's been candid with it in other interviews, but I think it felt like because of you and your connection with Terry and the familiarity that we all have with him, you know, he was really allowing your himself to be an extra level of vulnerable with the stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I felt with Terry. He had such a specific journey and it was wonderful for him to share even those those parts of your journey that some people may find embarrassing or or may find private, and he was very open about it.
Speaker 5: And I think that that not.
Speaker 4: Only was that wonderful for us, but other people who are going through the same journey and the same struggles. It definitely was information that somebody could could listen to and and and could apply to their own lives as well.
Speaker 1: The big I guess the biggest confession also would have come from you when you admitted that you had leather pants. I think that that's when we really dropped the mic.
Speaker 2: And yes, fun intended. You know, You're like, I don't know if I were them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: By the way, for all you guys at home, maybe two days later, I got a picture from Freddy wearing leather pants.
Speaker 2: Uh, let you guys do your own research, but look out me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he outed me, you're out of yourself on the way.
Speaker 5: I was like, I know a lot of those, dude. I went home and I was like, did I wear another pants? I looked it up and I was like, damn, I did wear pants?
Speaker 2: Alright, We're all right.
Speaker 3: Uh, deepest moment, most heartfelt moment.
Speaker 2: Hm hmm. I mean, I guess what would it be for you? Let's go with you first.
Speaker 4: I know I kind of said this earlier, but it was, uh, you know, it was just I found your in toe.
Speaker 5: For his relationship to be really deep, and I love that.
Speaker 4: Here we are twenty something years later and you still have that sort of same relationship.
Speaker 5: There was so much that was said.
Speaker 4: I mean, was there anything in there as you as you just said, Man, we said things on this podcast that we would probably not say to each other, Like, was there anything that he had said to you in the podcast that that struck.
Speaker 5: You as really deep? It's something that he wouldn't say to you normally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that that day.
Speaker 1: He said something in the in the in the in the form of that I somehow had, you know, a contribution into his discovery of how to have fun, how to allow yourself to have fun and not take everything that was happening to us, which was a lot, you know, for our age, and not look at it scary or influential or or or any other way that somehow would trade you away from the simplicity of just like enjoy right now, and and we both kind of embraced that. I think that was there was I think probably one of the most the things that kind of you know, comes to mind. I would say also, I think, you know, I think that you and I have been very vulnerable with each other, and the conversations were allowed to kind of tap into some of our deepest you know, if it is not insecurity, it's it's like those dark moments where you're like, Okay, what happens next, you know, and uh new sharing starting a family that really in your life, you know, that was also something I think that was really deep for me.
Speaker 2: So I would probably nominate you and and probably to for for that.
Speaker 3: How about the quote of the season.
Speaker 2: Also, I guess for me.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, you know, lou you know Lewis Howell's right, is that how you pronounce the name Lewis House. I got to be honest, man, Like, he had a profound effect on me. There was a lot that he said that that really stayed with me.
Speaker 5: I really loved how.
Speaker 4: When I asked him what motivated him to start doing what he was doing, and he said that it was this journey to heal that that that started him on this journey to become the public speaker in the in the public persona that he is, and how and how healing is at the foundation of everything that that he talks about, right, and when he talks about success, when he talks about anything, starting a business, what have you, he talks about the importance of healing first so that you have a solid foundation. And he gave this analogy about about squeezing when when when someone is squeezed in a in a stressful situation, whatever is in you is what's going to come out. That's why it's important to heal what's inside, right. It's like it's like when you when you when you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out right. When you squeeze a grapefruit, grapefruit juice comes out right, and and so whatever's in you is what's going to come out, and so it's important.
Speaker 5: To heal you.
Speaker 1: H I think that that episode personally was also impact for for me because you know, he said something that I was like, don't cheat me of treating you.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, he goes, let me pay for your dinner. I want to do that for you, you know, and and that that kind of stayed with me in many levels because you know, I always want to pick up the check. I wanna do that, and he goes, well, that's how selfish are you to not let me also give you that, you know, And I never heard it that way before, because it's it's it's uncomfortable for some of us to.
Speaker 2: Not take the lead and be like, it's uncomfortable to ask people to play the check. So I'm just gonna pay the whole thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So so that was you know, I'm grateful for him and that, and since then, I'll report that I've led a few friends of mine split the check.
Speaker 3: It was next, all right, next best story time?
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 4: I thought it was hilarious when Tofer talked about when you would sleep over his house on bunk beds right, like I can't imagine like like wolver.
Speaker 5: And Tofa on bunk beds parents house. I think that was a wonderful, endearing.
Speaker 1: I love the Terry Crews training day story, like hey, dude, they're shooting the movie and then like you know, come out and uh, you know, just check out the shooting and they're like, Okay, why don't you just stand here, you know, and all of a sudden, it's like he had one of the most iconic close ups of all time.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, he just kinda just goes to show how life happens, right, Like that story was, Yeah, when something's gonna manifest from that?
Speaker 3: Moving on family vibe or family vibes? Who brought the family vibes?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I nominate Adam Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were in the living room just talking at this point, right, Adam is great because we were able to Here's the thing when the audiences hear names they've never heard of before, but then all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: We're like, yes, yes, all three of us.
Speaker 1: It's like that's when it becomes like more family driven, like this is you're really in the insight of our friendship at that point.
Speaker 3: I felt that with Roy as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, his his story about his mother, how she used to pack up food and and put it in the backpack and go out and sell it like that.
Speaker 2: I mean that was all that stuff really worked for me. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: And I mean Amanda.
Speaker 1: Oh Ama, yes, of course, Amanda, I guess doesn't she is family.
Speaker 5: I thought that was cool though. I thought it was great interviewing her and all the great stories.
Speaker 1: You gotta kick off if we get a next season. We gotta we gotta kick off with your wife next.
Speaker 5: Let's see we get the next season, Leo.
Speaker 3: I don't make the calls, all right, crossover moment.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: So, like, who is connecting all the dots for this life?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like, like you know Gabor Luna being here.
Speaker 4: I had posted something, uh, and I was like, and I had named each of our characters from each of the Robert Rodriguez projects that we had.
Speaker 5: All did, and Uh, my character was l Ray. What was your character?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I was Ca So I was in and from Dusto DLSA Down, I'm l Ray from Planetari.
Speaker 5: And Gabriel was matter Door.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the name of his character, but I remember we we took a photo together and I posted that, and I posted all of the names of the characters in each of the projects and to and to just see how we've all worked with this incredible Latino director and and how we've all created these memorable characters from his films.
Speaker 1: That yes, I'll leave it at that, because is so insightful and and he's the way he also you know, articulates the story. And by the way, he probably is one of the few guys that I've seen he remembers first and last name, color, hair, what time of the day.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: His stories were like, you know, they were really detailed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well let's just go the next page.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: Spoke and behind the scenes Hero.
Speaker 1: Yes, Leo, yes, uh, they always came build it bailed us out, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, we had a great team and Aaron, you know, we had Ryan. You know, we had Ryan too.
Speaker 1: They're always uh, you know, they're always staying, Sophie, they always standing, stand on their toes and.
Speaker 2: Catch would be like what was the name of that movie or what year was that thing written?
Speaker 1: You know, and so you guys definitely build us out. It made us sound very informed.
Speaker 3: I didn't make up that award. I didn't know to be sitting here.
Speaker 1: So I mean, big flowers, big flowers for all of our those amigos team. You know, this is it's been a you know, an interesting and challenging but at the same time, after this experience to to do this podcast us you know, we're all incredibly busy individuals, but we've made this little healing hour, you know, always rewarding for all of us to who come to this chamber and and and and voice.
Speaker 2: Are and by the way it's flown and to me, you know, to.
Speaker 1: That point, I would say that everyone has made a beautiful team and and I think we get a great response from the fans, and and.
Speaker 5: You know that also feels really really good.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple more, did we just become best friends of.
Speaker 5: Isn't that a line from step Brothers?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Did we just yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, let me just become this friend.
Speaker 4: The guests that we clicked, Yeah, Angela Johnson was she.
Speaker 1: Was, Oh yeah, she was so real, hilarious, so hilarious, so real, and also her whole story about being a cheerleader and the whole thing. She's like, I guess I'll be a cheer waters, you know, and like randomly like, yeah, I made the squad, now what you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's awesome.
Speaker 1: She's definitely we're definitely closer for that moment, for sure, I think, and so definitely was was great on.
Speaker 3: That last one season MVP. Who's Who's got the MVP?
Speaker 5: Season MVP? I nominated daughter.
Speaker 2: I kind of so I know you're gonna say that.
Speaker 4: I love that we don't edit out her running upstairs or coming in or it's just it's the way it should be.
Speaker 5: That's the way that life works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's the soundtrack of my life. So I'm able to share share it with you guys, so you know, really on the show and sometimes it'll be like someone And I'm actually really surprised that some of our guests were stay so focused with that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's very funny. But well, hopefully also like your flight.
Speaker 4: Hopefully if if we get if we come back here for a season two, we'll have two sets of uh footsteps from will sound like a horse?
Speaker 1: Yeah, four steps for for for a set of four legs, you know running.
Speaker 3: I got a last question for y'all. How do you feel like your relationship has changed from like episode one to now?
Speaker 5: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: I think it has deepened a lot of our roots. But I will say like our roots were very, very deep and unspokenly we had a brotherhood for you longer than this season. So I think if anything, it gives us, it gives us an accountability, an accountable schedule to make sure that we don't stray from one another, like like sometimes we've had to you know, you do a job and there from plays. You know, I do a season for a whole season, and sometimes you could go a couple of months with us checking in with one another. I think it give us an excuse to really just making sure that we're checking in with one another, and then we're president into those lives and and and I love that.
Speaker 2: That's that's my favorite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think for me, you know, you and I have always had this great instant relationship.
Speaker 5: There's always been a relatability.
Speaker 4: There's been a number of things, a number of reasons why we've been friends for so long. I was in Chicago recently and I was talking to one of my uncles and I asked him, you know, you know, we had this conversation about both of our families came from a background of agriculture, right, and I was asking my uncle, I said, well.
Speaker 5: What did you what did y'all grow in the.
Speaker 4: Finca in the you know, however you translate that into farm on the farm, and he was like, oh, we used to grow you know, your mother and I and our family grew tobacco.
Speaker 5: That was our main thing that we grew and to.
Speaker 4: Bacco and coffee and vegetables, and we had a really long conversation about what they grew on the finca.
Speaker 5: And I was surprised to learn that about you when.
Speaker 4: We in the first few episodes that your family came from a very similar background where your family also had a finca, your family also grew vegetables and tobacco and the same And so after that episode, after even talking to my uncle in Chicago, I was like, Oh, that's why Wilma and I always got along so well right from the beginning, because there was a familiarity there that I don't think that you and I even realized was there, but both of us having parents that grew up in different countries, and there's certain nuances that come with that that I don't usually get with other friends that their parents were born in the States.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, there's definitely a level of awareness that is very rare. Right, So as the configuration of our stories, I think that's one thing that I offer is it will never take for granted, is the idea that we have to keep that story of your past, of your parents, of your grandparents alive, because it's what we pass down to our children next, right, it is how they get their prototype, that's how they get their blueprint, you know, and those stories have to live and in this moment in history more than ever, we have to be outspoken about what's really special about our culture, you know, making sure that those that spirit or who we are as Latinos you know, is a solution, is a secret sauce, you know, and it's the other color that makes this beautiful country.
Speaker 2: Right. So so I'm proud of that.
Speaker 1: I'm proud that, like you know that, you know that this show has also allowed us to heal and being community and making sure we're gonna straight away from what's important and talking to people about the things that we all should keep in mind. I know that there's been subjects where we talked about raising awareness for or you know, for the lack of you know, medical forward thinkingness, for us, for for our you know, for our community, and really kind of raising awareness for the different things that our culture unfortunately, you know, looks as a secondary you know, mandate. And I think it's it's a really important time for us to remind ourselves that we got to take care of one another. We have to change biologically somehow what you know, what we be taught when it comes to prevention, when it comes to taking care of our elders, our parents, and ourselves.
Speaker 2: And I'm proud of that.
Speaker 1: I think there are a lot of this podcast have been a healing journey, I think for both of us.
Speaker 5: And a lot of stuff is happening in this podcast.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of a lot of life altering moments have happened to both of us during this podcast and in between recordings, uh, and there is a kind of and in between recordings, you know, we've been able to check in and make sure that we hold each other up in this process. So you know, I love you and stalk that we still you know, to make this possible.
Speaker 2: And here we are, you know, forty plus episodes later.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and okay, so this is Uh, this was a great look back at all of our episodes. I would also encourage all of our fans who are listening to this one that if you haven't checked out some of these episodes with this incredible and beautiful and insightful guests, you know, this podcast is available everywhere you get your podcasts. If you're watching this on YouTube, you can also listen to this episodes anywhere you are in the world, and if you're listening to this, you can find us online as well and YouTube are on social media so you can catch up to some of the themes, the subjects, and I hope this show speaks to you as much as he's spoken to us.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I am Freddie Rodriguez and I'm Wilmer Valderrama, and thank you for loving those Amingos. Dos Amigos is a production from WV Sound and iHeartMedia's Michael through That podcast network, hosted by me, Freddie Rodriguez and Wilmer Valdorama.
Speaker 1: Those Amigos is produced by Aaron Burlson and Sophie Spencer Zabos.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Wilmer Valdorama, Freddie Rodriguez, Aaron Burlson, and Leo Klem at WV Sound.
Speaker 1: This episode was shot and edited by Ryan Posts and mixed by Sean Tracy and features original music by Madison Devenport and Halo Boy.
Speaker 4: Our cover art photography is by David Avalos and designed by Deny Holtz Clau.
Speaker 1: And thank you for being at Third Amigo today. I appreciate you guys always listening to those amigos.
Speaker 4: More podcasts from my Heart, visit the ir heart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 2: See you next week.